4.2/5 (945 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

My daughter decided to get me a medical alert because I'm 95 years old. She wanted it for emergencies. I can't talk too right and I can't do things. I can't walk a lot. When I need to call her, I have my Medical Guardian device on my arm. I have like a watch on my hand. I haven't used it yet for anything but it's a very good thing. I feel safe. Now that I have it, I can get help if it is needed.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

The customer service of Medical Guardian has been very good. The sales representatives were easy to deal with. Thankfully, we haven't had to use it yet ‘cause my mother hasn’t fallen yet. But from speaking to a sales representative to installing it, it's been great.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

My son got me to purchase a Medical Guardian, so I have it in case of an emergency. I keep it beside my bed. I don't wear it because it's a little heavy. My experience with it has been fine. I have not had to use it though.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I researched online and liked what they had to say about Medical Guardian. The information on their website stood out. I also liked that their call centers are all in the US, so I knew I would be speaking to somebody who could speak English. Everybody at Medical Guardian was very good at what they did. They spoke clearly, explained things adequately, and they were polite. I did use my device once. I have Parkinson's and I froze. I just needed them to call anybody. I had them call my sister to wake her up so she could come and assist me. It was a positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I live alone and I've fallen. My kids thought it would be good if I got the Medical Guardian device. They're happy that I have it and that I use it. Right now, I'm sitting in a metro park and I have the bracelet on, and I have the other part in my purse. They feel that it's money well-spent. However, it's not really comfortable. Especially when it's hot and sticky, it's hard to wear it. It sticks to my arm. It's not like I'm thinking, I don’t like it. I'm just not a jewelry person. But I'm used to it. It's okay. It's made well. I'm glad that I have it and I use it. I'm gonna be 85 this month, so it's a good thing to have.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I did some research online and Medical Guardian seemed like the best deal. We liked that you're not in a contract and the price. We had it before for temporary and so far, it's great. We needed it at one time and it worked out well. Bob had fallen and I wasn't around. So, he called 911 and they came and helped him up.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was falling a lot. My children decided for me to have Medical Guardian. They feel very good about it. I don't wear my device but I keep it on my night table. I tried to use it once, but the battery was out. I hadn’t charged the battery.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

My insurance company sent me a medical alert. They sent one of those things that they got to set up a thing in your house and you can only go 500 feet. My mailbox is over 500 feet from my door. My backyard, I have to only go halfway through it. I've never opened it. That was when I went online and got Medical Guardian. I'd rather pay for something that I know is gonna be there when I need it.

I live by myself and I have very bad sleep habits. But for three nights, strange things had been going on around my house. When you live in the woods by yourself, even though you got neighbors, it's still scary. The first two nights, I called my daughter's son-in-law and they came over. This time, I thought they were in my house. I have a big house and it sounded like they were in my garage. I couldn't remember if I locked the door between the hallway and the garage.

I pushed the button and I told the lady, "I don't need an ambulance, but I think I need the sheriff." They were here within two minutes. The rep stayed on that thing. That was another good thing. I might've had a heart attack had she not been on there calming me down. She talked me through a very bad panic attack. That's as scary as having a heart attack. I thought my oxygen wasn't working. I kept checking my oxygen level and making sure the oxygen concentrator was on. Suddenly, I just pushed the button, 'cause my heart rate was up to 135 and my oxygen level was dropping. I know what to do when that happens. But when you're having a panic attack, you can't think. Everything goes crazy.

But I guarantee I wouldn't trade my Medical Guardian for anything because the rep stayed on there and she was like the nerves talking to me. She told me to sit down and to get away from the door. It was just like having her in the room with me. By the time they got here, she had me calmed down. She was very comforting. They checked the property and inside and they made sure I was all right before they left. I've already recommended Medical Guardian to my friend out in California.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

The kids said I should get the device from Medical Guardian. Roxanne, my daughter, looked at them and she said that was the one I needed. When my daughter and my daughter-in-law agree on something, it's a whole lot easier to go along with them than it is to argue with them. It’s got to be safer having the device. I've got my cell phone and it works most of the places I am but with that tied around the neck, might not be quite as to drop it. But it’s because of the injury that I got it.

On December 10th last year, I fell off a truck, broke my neck, C6-C7 and I’m behind a wheelchair. But I'm doing fantastic and wonderful. I just can't walk. I was totally paralyzed from my chest down and I'm living by myself. I've got enough strength back in my arms so that I can get in and out of bed by myself. I have home health come twice a week. I just call the bath lady and the thing is to get me from my wheelchair to the shower chair and back. Where I'm at now, I cannot safely get from the wheelchair to the shower chair by myself.

I wear the device around my neck all the time, except when it’s on the charger. I recharge it when the bath ladies are here. They seem to be nice enough ladies. They’d call for help if I did something dumb when they're here. I have never ever worn anything around my neck and maybe in about 50 years I'll get all calluses around my neck. It won't bother me unless it has to. I haven't tested it out and just like my car insurance I pay for, I hope I never use it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

When my grandmother received her Medical Guardian device, I was the one that was supposed to set it up. But she threw away the box that it came in with the instructions, so we weren't for sure how to set it up. I did save the email, so my husband was kinda sorta messing around with it because we didn't know if the green light was supposed to stay on if it was charged or what was going on. He messed around with it for a few minutes and it ended up calling the help people. When it did, my husband said, “We were just trying to figure it out. We didn't know how to work it, what's going on.” The rep talked him through it and told him that everything was set up and it was ready to go.

My grandmother had fallen and broke her hip and we had rotated with her. We kinda had done that before she got her medical alert device. When she fell and broke her hip, we said, “Well, we all work and the majority of us all have to work days. So she's there by herself until one of us gets off or something.” So we got to looking around to see what was out there. We called Life Alert. For me, that was too expensive for something that she might use because I don't think she's going to use it that much. It's just going to be for if something happens and nobody's around, then she would use it.

We were trying to find something that was in a price range that was reasonable for what she might end up using it for. I started research and look in and then I found Medical Guardian and read up about it. We called and we asked about it and all of us kinda agree for the price and the service that it would be good. Our grandmother hasn't had to use the device. We're hoping she doesn't, but we wanted that extra layer of protection for us. Nobody is there and if something does happen, she has something. Everybody's very satisfied with it. The price is reasonable.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Medical Guardian is working out really well for my mother. She's 89, and I live on the other side of town here, but still, if she would fall in the house, I would want to know about it. She goes outside and tries to pull weeds and all those wonderful little things. She won't listen to us, so we figured this was the next best thing. My older sister picked Medical Guardian out, and we just agreed on it. She went on and evaluated or looked up their ratings on her phone, so she thought this one was the best for what we needed. Mom doesn't really travel anywhere, and she doesn't go anywhere but the house, so we thought this would be perfect for her. She wears her device. She either has the necklace on or she wears the watch. We've been really happy with Medical Guardian.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My mother's 80 years old and still lives alone. She’s had bad vertigo and had a lot of dizzy spells with that. We decided it would be better off to get that where she would have something. In case she fell and nobody was there, she could get help. I looked at the alerts up online and Medical Guardian came up as the number one company. I called to inquire about it. They gave me all that information over the phone right down to the price. So, we decided and went with them. So far, the Medical Guardian has been great. We've had no issues. We've been very satisfied. They were helpful and friendly over the phone. When we did the test, they were right on it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My mother is 91 so the possibility of falling is increasing. With Medical Guardian, we feel more secure. The device is fine and I can understand and hear the station out of which the person talks but the voice cuts in and out. So, it's hard for my mother to understand. I had to tell her that when she hears them answering, she should tell them, “Ambulance or call my daughter." We've worked around it but it would be nice if the acoustics were a little easier for older people to understand. It's not coming across clearly and it's not the fault of the person talking to us. It's the equipment.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I got the virus and my friend called Medical Guardian and ordered a device for me, and she had it sent to my house. I live alone and my kids are in California. They were worried about me being alone with the virus. I fell down the front steps with it on. I hurt my shoulder. I couldn't get off the step. People weren't stopping because everybody's afraid of the virus. They knew I had the virus. They're afraid they're gonna get it. So, all the neighbors that were on the beach walking by does not stop to help me up. I was able to call the ambulance and made a lot of trouble getting me up because of the shoulder and my weight. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because my shoulder is still in bad shape. I can't use the right arm much at all.

I called Medical Guardian a couple of times because there were a few questions on it. One was the water. The brochure says, it can take the water slightly. Somebody said, "No, don't shower with it." When my friend bought it, they said, "You can shower with it," which is one of the selling spiels that she went by. And then they told me I can't shower with it. Then they told me yes again when I ordered one for my friend's husband who just fell down the stairs. But he doesn't want it. He said he's gonna return it. He's 84 and has Parkinson's. He goes in his workshop for four hours. His wife never hears about him. He was doing some work himself, and he slid down the stairs.

He's a machinist. He's retired but still works on these big machines. His comment was, "I can't hang anything like that around my neck working on these machines." I said, "No, no, no. You put it in your pocket." It's a smaller black one. I bought the fall device, too. If he falls, it kinda had a comment in there that it will always recognize when you fall. When I ordered it, it's $10 for a month. He said it works, but he was concerned about it. We're at the yacht club Friday and he said, "It doesn't say anything. One little brochure doesn't say anything about falling." I said, "It's there, little left hand corner. Not much is said but it's there. You gotta pay extra for it." So, I paid extra for it. I said, "If you fall, it'll be in there."

I find that I'm charging my device more than I expected. When you're charging it, you don't have it on. I have to schedule the charging. I'll put the charging dock next to my recliner where I sleep. Overall, it was so comforting to have my Medical Guardian device the first time living through the virus, not being able to breathe and being alone. I didn't have it when I was in the worst state. But then when I had it, it was like, "Wow," what a nice feeling to have this.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I have RA, so my joints hurts and sometimes, I fall. I've had other health issues that come along with that. I got Medical Guardian, and my husband really appreciates it especially, when he's not home, he knows that there's at least some contact. We did go for the necklace because I thought that would be the one I'd be most likely to remember to have on and take with me. It's just a little heavy to wear, but it's comfortable.

It was easy to sign up with Medical Guardian. It wasn't confusing. It's a really peaceful feeling knowing we have it. It's not expensive, too. The peace of mind far outweighs the cost of what it is a month. When others ask, I tell them that we got the device because it made us more comfortable knowing that there would be somebody to help if I needed it. I said, "You know, sometimes I'm visiting you guys and you don't have all of my medical information. So this way, somebody does. And they can get ahold of somebody who would be able to help."

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My daughter got me a Medical Guardian in case something happens to me. I wear it around my neck and keep it on all the time. So far, I've had no problems with the device at all.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

My mother has Medical Guardian and it helped her. At times, she had to go to the hospital and she used it to alert the people and they called me too. So, it worked out well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I had a fall and I’m unsteady on my feet. I got Medical Guardian, and I now have greater sense of safety and security if something should happen. My device is around my neck. I like the fact that it is water-resistant, so I can keep it on in the shower which is important. When I purchased it, they said that the charge would last up to a week. I have found that that doesn't last. It needs to be charged about every four days. And on the neck one, it connects with a magnet. It's not a solid band around your neck. So, I noticed the magnet has pulled apart a couple times when I'm getting dressed. It might be better if they just had it as a solid necklace instead of one that pulled apart with a magnet. While I have not used it yet, I have tested it. The customer service was very good.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I had a stroke and my friend had suggested that I get something. The two of us started to sort of search around what might be best. As far as the cost, Medical Guardian was much more cost effective. Also, we like that it was lighter weight. The Medical Guardian team was great, especially the original person I spoke to. Everybody was so informative in letting us know what was the best thing and what was my best options. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I live alone and I'm old. I got a Medical Guard system and the one I have has a machine on my bedside table. I also wear a push-button around my neck. My wife is in a home because she fell down the stairs and broke her neck. If the same thing happens to me, I just push a button and somebody comes and carries me away. So far, the device has been fine and it solves my problem.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I like my Medical Guardian a lot. One time, I decided to clean my clothes. So I took all my clothes to bring in my kitchen, so I could wash it. All of a sudden I heard my name. I thought somebody was in the house. It was the alert, the chain I have in my neck. There's a button there. 'Cause I pressed it. It called the alarm system. I heard the alarm system, "Are you okay?" I said, "Okay. I'm fine. I was supposed to bring my clothes and I was pressing it in my arm, to the kitchen." So that was working very good. I wear it very well, all the time. I slept with it. I kept it. I took it off when I'm in the shower. But I can keep it in the shower too if I need it. I'm enjoying it. I'm very satisfied with it and I'm very happy. I have the watch too. I can wear it or the necklace.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I'll be living alone when my daughter goes back to her home. She decided that I should have a Medical Guardian because I had a fall about three months ago. She arranged to get it, and I have it around my neck now. I set it off by mistake one time. But they’ve received it and they came on, and I told them it was ‘cause I laid on it and pushed the button.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Back in February, I fell backwards in my bathtub at 12:30 at night and didn't get any help until 330 that afternoon. I decided I needed something and my daughter did all the checking in with Medical Guardian. I got their device and so far, I put the bracelet unit on at night and put on the necklace one during the daytime. I've been happy with my Medical Guardian. There was a time when I laid it down a little too hard. That set the device off and a little later, my daughter and I heard banging on our door. I had to tell the medics that I accidentally bumped it. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I had severe vertigo that put me in the hospital. My two sons set me up with Medical Guardian. When they were first setting me up, Medical Guardian had to call at a certain time but they didn't get that done. Still, when the call came in my sons understood the rep whom they worked with. Now, I have the key to my house in my lockbox and I carry their device with me all the time in my purse. I keep their other device in my bed and made my husband aware of it. I have improved so much since having vertigo that we considered eliminating Medical Guardian's service. My sons decided to continue it though and we're gonna keep it for a year just in case.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Medical Guardian sold my elderly and infirm mother (81) a device that she did not need, could not afford, and would not have worked for her situation. Then after I - her son and caretaker- promptly returned the device (at our expense) they have to date refused to return the $470 they took from her. She needs this money to pay rent and buy groceries. I feel Medical Guardian is really a wolf in sheep's clothing, preying on elderly fears. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I fell last August and I also fell in June. I had always planned to get a medical device, so it motivated me to get it before. My family's happier now that I have one. My son knew someone that had a Medical Guardian. He checked what was the best one and he felt Medical Guardian was. Their reps were very nice. Getting everything set up didn't take long at all. My son set it in motion. I'm pleased with it and I feel reassured that I have it. I haven't had to use it. But I almost was thinking of checking it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I feel one time and my daughter was concerned as I live by myself with her being half an hour away. We got Medical Guardian's service. Currently, I have one device around my neck and the other is on my wrist. In general, I would recommend this device but not to one who isn't just at home.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I was not satisfied with my previous medical alert device provider as they did not call the people that were on my list when they needed to. My brother who has Medical Guardian told me all the advantages of having their service. My son took care of signing me up with them and so far I love Medical Guardian. I charge their device every four days when the battery runs out. I thought it would last a week but still it's not hard to charge it. There was a time when I had intestinal bleeding and as soon as I pressed my button, their team answered right away. The fire department got to my location right away. The ambulance didn't take long either and they came from 10 miles away. I'm totally satisfied with the service and I feel really secure with it. The reps are so polite and caring when they answer the phone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I compared Medical Guardian with a competitor and Guardian fit more both the old and young while the other one was always advertised to old people. Guardian was the one I wanted and I got that. I do the watch and it's fine. I tested it when I first got it and it worked. But I'm pressing it and no one's coming out so maybe something needs to be charged on the watch.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I've had a problem with my blood pressure and I've had a couple of falls. My children and grandchildren decided that I should have this Medical Guardian around my neck all the time. So if I fall and my husband isn't here at the time, somebody will know. It’s a more secure feeling having it. If anyone's going to be alone or do not have someone around them all the time, it's a very good idea. I've had to learn as far as putting things in the upper shelf, like lemons or something up high that when I lean in, I can set it off. I've done that a couple of times and they’ve been very nice about the false alarms.

Medical Guardian Company Information