2. Medical Alert Systems

4.2/5 (934 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

My mother has Medical Guardian and it helped her. At times, she had to go to the hospital and she used it to alert the people and they called me too. So, it worked out well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I had a fall and I’m unsteady on my feet. I got Medical Guardian, and I now have greater sense of safety and security if something should happen. My device is around my neck. I like the fact that it is water-resistant, so I can keep it on in the shower which is important. When I purchased it, they said that the charge would last up to a week. I have found that that doesn't last. It needs to be charged about every four days. And on the neck one, it connects with a magnet. It's not a solid band around your neck. So, I noticed the magnet has pulled apart a couple times when I'm getting dressed. It might be better if they just had it as a solid necklace instead of one that pulled apart with a magnet. While I have not used it yet, I have tested it. The customer service was very good.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I had a stroke and my friend had suggested that I get something. The two of us started to sort of search around what might be best. As far as the cost, Medical Guardian was much more cost effective. Also, we like that it was lighter weight. The Medical Guardian team was great, especially the original person I spoke to. Everybody was so informative in letting us know what was the best thing and what was my best options. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I live alone and I'm old. I got a Medical Guard system and the one I have has a machine on my bedside table. I also wear a push-button around my neck. My wife is in a home because she fell down the stairs and broke her neck. If the same thing happens to me, I just push a button and somebody comes and carries me away. So far, the device has been fine and it solves my problem.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I like my Medical Guardian a lot. One time, I decided to clean my clothes. So I took all my clothes to bring in my kitchen, so I could wash it. All of a sudden I heard my name. I thought somebody was in the house. It was the alert, the chain I have in my neck. There's a button there. 'Cause I pressed it. It called the alarm system. I heard the alarm system, "Are you okay?" I said, "Okay. I'm fine. I was supposed to bring my clothes and I was pressing it in my arm, to the kitchen." So that was working very good. I wear it very well, all the time. I slept with it. I kept it. I took it off when I'm in the shower. But I can keep it in the shower too if I need it. I'm enjoying it. I'm very satisfied with it and I'm very happy. I have the watch too. I can wear it or the necklace.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I'll be living alone when my daughter goes back to her home. She decided that I should have a Medical Guardian because I had a fall about three months ago. She arranged to get it, and I have it around my neck now. I set it off by mistake one time. But they’ve received it and they came on, and I told them it was ‘cause I laid on it and pushed the button.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Back in February, I fell backwards in my bathtub at 12:30 at night and didn't get any help until 330 that afternoon. I decided I needed something and my daughter did all the checking in with Medical Guardian. I got their device and so far, I put the bracelet unit on at night and put on the necklace one during the daytime. I've been happy with my Medical Guardian. There was a time when I laid it down a little too hard. That set the device off and a little later, my daughter and I heard banging on our door. I had to tell the medics that I accidentally bumped it. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I had severe vertigo that put me in the hospital. My two sons set me up with Medical Guardian. When they were first setting me up, Medical Guardian had to call at a certain time but they didn't get that done. Still, when the call came in my sons understood the rep whom they worked with. Now, I have the key to my house in my lockbox and I carry their device with me all the time in my purse. I keep their other device in my bed and made my husband aware of it. I have improved so much since having vertigo that we considered eliminating Medical Guardian's service. My sons decided to continue it though and we're gonna keep it for a year just in case.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Medical Guardian sold my elderly and infirm mother (81) a device that she did not need, could not afford, and would not have worked for her situation. Then after I - her son and caretaker- promptly returned the device (at our expense) they have to date refused to return the $470 they took from her. She needs this money to pay rent and buy groceries. I feel Medical Guardian is really a wolf in sheep's clothing, preying on elderly fears. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I fell last August and I also fell in June. I had always planned to get a medical device, so it motivated me to get it before. My family's happier now that I have one. My son knew someone that had a Medical Guardian. He checked what was the best one and he felt Medical Guardian was. Their reps were very nice. Getting everything set up didn't take long at all. My son set it in motion. I'm pleased with it and I feel reassured that I have it. I haven't had to use it. But I almost was thinking of checking it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I feel one time and my daughter was concerned as I live by myself with her being half an hour away. We got Medical Guardian's service. Currently, I have one device around my neck and the other is on my wrist. In general, I would recommend this device but not to one who isn't just at home.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I was not satisfied with my previous medical alert device provider as they did not call the people that were on my list when they needed to. My brother who has Medical Guardian told me all the advantages of having their service. My son took care of signing me up with them and so far I love Medical Guardian. I charge their device every four days when the battery runs out. I thought it would last a week but still it's not hard to charge it. There was a time when I had intestinal bleeding and as soon as I pressed my button, their team answered right away. The fire department got to my location right away. The ambulance didn't take long either and they came from 10 miles away. I'm totally satisfied with the service and I feel really secure with it. The reps are so polite and caring when they answer the phone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I compared Medical Guardian with a competitor and Guardian fit more both the old and young while the other one was always advertised to old people. Guardian was the one I wanted and I got that. I do the watch and it's fine. I tested it when I first got it and it worked. But I'm pressing it and no one's coming out so maybe something needs to be charged on the watch.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I've had a problem with my blood pressure and I've had a couple of falls. My children and grandchildren decided that I should have this Medical Guardian around my neck all the time. So if I fall and my husband isn't here at the time, somebody will know. It’s a more secure feeling having it. If anyone's going to be alone or do not have someone around them all the time, it's a very good idea. I've had to learn as far as putting things in the upper shelf, like lemons or something up high that when I lean in, I can set it off. I've done that a couple of times and they’ve been very nice about the false alarms.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My father was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease and he is on oxygen 24/7. Occasionally, his oxygen gets very low so we needed some kind of medical alert system to get help if needed. Two of our neighbors had such devices. One had Medical Guardian and the other had Life Alert. I researched them and I liked that Medical Guardian is in Pennsylvania which isn't far away. That made me feel better about them. We went with Medical Guardian and so far my father has used his badge a couple of times. He leaves the device on his headboard so he has something close to him while he's sleeping. He also wears the neckless device all the time and takes the portable unit when he goes far. We are happy with how fast somebody got to my father's location when he used the device.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My mother-in-law wears her Medical Guardian all the time and she has fallen three different times since she's had it. But it has been her choice to not use it because she is so hard of hearing and it's very difficult for her to understand the questions that the operator is asking her. That was a concern we had when we ordered it and they assured us that it would be loud enough that she could hear but she cannot hear it.

The first time that she used it, she didn't understand correctly how to do it. Her understanding was that she's gonna get us, who are supposed to be contacted if something happened, if she pressed the button. Our understanding was that they would ask her if she needed any type of help and if she said no, they would not dispatch anybody but they would go down the line calling those of us who are supposed to be contacted. But an ambulance had been dispatched and it was en route from a different town but we were able to call them and they voided that call. There's nothing wrong with the equipment. It's just her inability to interact with it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My son purchased my Medical Guardian for me as I can't walk around too well anymore. In the beginning, I had problems with my device. The light on the device would flash on and off. The company fixed something from the office and now it's working well with two green lights on. It's a bit expensive but it's worth it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I thought the Medical Guardian would be a good solution. But I don't like the quality of it. The bracelet keeps coming off and it keeps falling and keeps getting tangled, so it's not really good. I also don't like the light. It's way too bright. I used the device once. My husband fell, and I called the fire department. They responded, but they took a while. I know a person that was outside, he was the one that called the fire department, and they got the fire department here. So, by the time Medical Guardian answered, the fire department was almost here.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My experience with Medical Guardian has gone well so far. Their reps are courteous and informative when I speak to them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My knees snapped and I went down. My daughter happened to be here that day but my son-in-law said, "What would you do if you were by yourself?" That must have nerved them up a little bit and my son-in-law purchased my Medical Guardian. I feel more secure having it. I put it around my bra strap and let it hang there and it’s nice and light. It's very convenient the way I have it. I have the wrist one, too, but I don't wear that because my wrist is very small and I don't like the way it looks.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My daughter ordered Medical Guardian for me. I wear my device around my neck and so far it has been comfortable. Having their service has worked out fine for me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My husband and I are 83 years old and we live alone. Our kids were worried about falling and they thought that getting a medical alert device was an important thing for us to do so we followed their advice. Our daughter-in-law took care of getting Medical Guardian so we didn't have any choice. She made all the arrangements. My husband and I each have the alert necklace and we are using it in the house. Supposedly, we should have it at all times. We've had to reset the device a couple of times because my husband brushed against it under his shirt. But other than that, everything is taken care of. We’re satisfied and the good news is that we haven’t had any opportunity to find out that there was anything wrong.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My wife and I went with Medical Guardian for her alert device. My son sent the order in and I paid for it. The set up process went fairly well. We followed the directions and things worked. The device has been doing very well for my wife.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My son got me a Medical Guardian device. One time, I made a mistake and pushed the button. Something else went off and they responded really quickly. I told their rep I was okay. So far, I like the device and I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My daughter decided to get a Medical Guardian for me. I wear it and I keep it inside my shirt, so it doesn’t jangle around.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I had a bad fall and I needed some someone or something to get out fast response to. I wear the Medical Guardian device around my neck and wear it all the time. It works good, it's convenient and not heavy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

The medical alert device has been fairly easy to use and I don’t have much of a problem. I use a CPAP anyways and it’s all wrapped up around my face all night. I wear the pendant during the day and the watch at night. So, there's not really much of an adjustment. So far, I tested each device a couple of times. I tested one upstairs and one downstairs. I also accidentally hit the button the other night. The response I got was good and it was within 10 seconds or so.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

My Medical Guardian is working out fine. It's very comforting. The only complaint I have about it is that when I call for help, I can get 911 here before they answer. It happened last night. I needed help and they came on quick. They said the call is being placed. They said that about four times. During that time, my neighbor got 911 to answer and on their way before I got Medical Guardian on the phone. I told them to cancel it because we had the ambulance on their way.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

My husband passed away and my kids decided that I needed something because I was gonna be alone. Medical Guardian works fine as far as I'm concerned. I don't like to wear the thing around my neck and I really don't like the size of the thing on my wrist but I'm wearing it. I feel secure with it. I also have several friends who wear them and have them and one person has had to use hers a couple of times.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

My husband and I both have a Medical Guardian wristwatch and it was very good when we were setting it up. I get a little bit sweaty and it kinda sticks to me so I'm going to try to make a new wristband for it. But so far, I'm very happy with it. It really makes me feel good with my husband because he likes to be outside in the nice weather, putter, and walk around and he's very unstable. This way, I know that he can push the button and get me so I know what's going on. I could get out and help him.

Medical Guardian Company Information