2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (1472 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About LifeStation

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, which is unprecedented in their industry.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• No long-term contracts
    • Fall detection technology
    • 24/7 support

Cons

• No activity monitoring

Bottom Line

LifeStation claims the fastest response times. Optional fall detection is available, but they lack other services like smoke monitoring. The caregiver service notifies family and loved ones in the event of an emergency.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

LifeStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The people are friendly. However the unit alerts when I sit down, when I toss it on the bed, etc. But when I fell down it never alerted. I am unhappy with these results. I am not inclined to recommend this unit at this time. I could not push the button because of how I ended up on the ground. There needs to be more work and research done on these units or they are not worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I am disabled and can't walk at all. I use a wheelchair and one day when I was getting in my chair, I was strapping my feet in and then I couldn't push myself back up into sitting position, but luckily, I had my LifeStation button on me which I keep on a string around my neck. I was able to contact lifestation and somebody came to push me back into my wheelchair in less than 10 minutes. I was so thankful. I never get in my chair without it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I've had my medical alert device for 6 or 7 months and fortunately I've never had to call for assistance. The only time I've used it is to test it every 5 or 6 weeks. The response is immediate and always most courteous. My family and myself feel at ease knowing that I have someone to call for immediate help; especially with my being alone. Could not be more pleased.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I do not use the LifeStation device at home. I got it because I travel 50 miles on a country road where cell service is intermittent as I commute to work each day. It has been a safety net because I was told I may have a seizure or other occurrence, but I have not had such an occurrence, either at home or on the road. I admit to not testing the device. However, I see the cell flash and wi-fi flash regularly, and the device prompts me when the battery is low. So I know it is working.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have had many fall notifications that have occurred when I closed my car door, when I sat down on the toilet, when I'm sitting quietly, when going through the airport, when driving, etc. It didn't give me a fall notification the only time I actually fell. At least I wasn't alone when it occurred.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

---- Setup a little difficult ---- Setup was beyond my mother's abilities. My brother was able to do it... even though he's only trained in theology. I'm docking them 1 star because my brother had long wait times contacting LifeStation support during setup. ----- It works great now ----- When my mother pushed the panic button, everything worked perfectly. LifeStation called me promptly, and I was able to get Mom on her land line. I returned the call to LifeStation's emergency number, and they were able to cancel the 911 response before it arrived. No waiting when we really needed it.

Another nice thing... when I called back, I talked to the same person who had called earlier. I didn't have to explain anything, just had to say "Mom's OK, cancel the 911". I'm going to change the call list to have LifeStation call Mom first. Her landline rings in every room of the house, so that gives us the best of both worlds: a 5-year battery on her panic button, and the ability to contact her anywhere.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My mother 83 years old received the Life Station and they have charged her monthly and it's not even activated. We called to let them know it was not working not activated and they continue charging. Unbelievable. Do no recommend.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I recently had the fall protection removed. It was awful....if I sat down a little harder it went off... sometimes if it just shifted on my body it went off. Could no longer deal with it... I am happy with everything else....people are very polite and kind.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have no problem with the Life Station medical alert button, It works great. It is a peace of mind to have something like this. I even use it when I go out by myself. The button is a little touchy but it is easy to shut off before a representative comes on for your problem.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

When cancelling landline equipment (**) and ordering cell phone compatible equipment (**) at a different address, I discovered $25 monthly charge for a different landline equipment associated with ** because it had not been returned. It appears that the HHA in Lawrence, KS did not return this equipment in Feb 2018 when replaced by **. I was not charged for 2 base stations each month from Feb 2018 until I cancelled and returned the only base station and pendants I had. I was promised a $25 refund but waiting for that to happen and no future charges. Although cancelling landline and starting cell phone equipment at the same time wouldn't seem to be difficult, it took more than 2 loooong phone calls with several different service staff.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The LifeStation team is amazing! Every person I spoke to from the initial call through shipping, setup & testing were so helpful and patient. I installed this system to give my parents peace of mind when they are alone. The LifeStation team is available 24/7, and this gives my whole family the confidence to know if there is a need, any need, someone is always going to be there to help.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The concept of more-or-less instant response in case of a fall is a good one--but setting up my home system proved quite the circus. First machine they sent died after only two days, and it took some searching, after I got the replacement, to find a suitable power outlet that was also convenient to a phone jack.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Customer service people were nice but we discussed putting in a reservation that I would confirm on Monday. I called back to advise that this was not the system my mom wants and to cancel the reservation hold. They told me they had already processed the order and it's Monday!!! I am now on the phone trying to get to a supervisor to cancel the order. The person today was trying to say I could just mail it back, isn't that nice!!! The supervisor apologized but now my mom will have to watch for the package, write return to sender and my credit card was charged today so I will get my refund once they receive it back. VERY bad process in they tell you it's a hold when it really isn't and then processed the order without my permission. Would not give them any business since they are not trustworthy!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I have dealt with 3 different companies. This is the only one that I would ever ever stay with. They were fair and honest. With the others, everyone told me something different every time I called. They billed my credit card before the time was up to cancel. They wanted to charge me for the whole year if my loved one died before the year was up (even if they died the day after I ordered). Their contracts contradicted themselves. I mailed the system back with a letter and they said they received the system and not the letter. They mailed the wrong system, etc., etc., etc. Life Station was very honest and fair. The industry as a whole should be looked into. This company was the only reasonable and fair one that I found.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was a subscriber to Great Call before their recall of my device. Not offering a suitable alternative, I went searching for something else. I was glad I found Life Station. I was impressed by the weight of the pendant (one of the downsides to Great Call) and so far I am very pleased with the dealings with Customer Service in activating my device and the prompt response time after hitting the button. The one thing I would change would be to have a user friendly app so my husband can locate me quicker. That was a feature he liked with Great Call that was available.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Each time the button was pressed, they responded promptly and are very polite. When a representative answers the button, they know my name and are very reassuring. Feel very confident wearing my pendant. It's easy to use and light weight to wear.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We had 11 hours without electrical service. We wondered why no one called to see what the problem was. Everything else seems to be fine although I did expect fast answering when I tested my machine. All in all I am satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Haven't experienced anything yet. Ordering was fine. Will call with additional Emergency Contact info soon. Be sure to credit William **'s account as he is he one who referred me to you. I hope to get the same when I refer others.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My mother lives in Texas and I live in Idaho. I wanted her to be safe in her home, so ordered the LifeStation necklace for her. The service was never activated, as my mother was not able to understand how to do it. LifeStation started charging my credit card the monthly service fee of $27.94 before the equipment even arrived at my mother's and then charged another month while I closed the account and worked to get the equipment from my mother and returned at my own expense.

When I closed the account, they said they would charge me over $300 for the equipment if not returned. They did not say they would continue charging me the service fee as long as the equipment was not returned, so I selected the less expensive shipping option at the Post Office. Bad choice. Now, I am waiting to see if they will continue to charge me the service fee now the equipment has been returned. I consider this company a little predatory and not totally up front with their charges. They shouldn't start charging the monthly service fee before the service is activated and certainly not before the equipment has even arrived. They should be upfront about the cost of the equipment, too, and how long one has to return it without penalty other than the cost of shipping.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Acct: **. I got this for my elderly neighbor. For several months it worked great, calling out when we tested it, and showing her location when texted. However, the last few times I texted it the unit did not respond. We tried to test it this evening holding down the panic button, and never received an answer. I tried to call customer service, and got a representative with an attitude that treated me like I was a ignorant. Going to try and call them tomorrow and hopefully will get someone with a better attitude.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I contacted Tyler at LifeStation, and he sold me on their company for alert systems for my parents. I ordered two. Because of the way LifeStation has things set up each of my parents had to have different accounts. I set them up, gave them their address and phone numbers, they said the systems would be sent as soon as my credit card cleared. I get an email stating that my system is en route and be delivered in 2 days. I called and asked why they were shipping it to me. They stated that one of the accounts had been incorrectly updated. They then asked me to forward the package to my parents. I asked why I couldn't refuse it and they send out a new one to the correct address. They acted like that was a big inconvenience.

After a back and forth they told me I could return the one sent to me and once I gave them the tracking number, they would send out the new one. I refused the one sent to me, the post office said it would return on the same tracking number. I called customer service explained everything, and the first thing they asked was for my parents phone number so they could call them and explain how to return the unit. These people are responsible for handling emergency situations, and they can't even send the unit correctly, or understand the situation. They finally figured it out. But we will see if my parents get the second unit by the end of the week.

Original review: July 27, 2019

My mom is 90 years old and the last time when she fell and broke her hip, she sat for hours waiting for me to call. The neighbor helped her up to the chair but then they didn't call me or call 911. My mom said she was embarrassed that time which was why she didn't call me. That's when I decided to get her a medical alert device.

Thus far, my mom's Life Station has gone off about four times in the last month and it has been a nuisance. It's around her neck and she seems to press it. She used to wear it on her back when she sleeps but then I tightened it up and it's now on hear breast. They've sent out the fire department three times and I don't know if they're gonna start charging her. LifeStation has told me to cut the cord and make it shorter but then that was worse. Now, I just tell her not to wear it when I'm with her. I was with her when the device went off the other day and thereafter, the fire department was in front of the house. If the device had a vocal command, it would be better.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My grandmother needed a medical alert device and when I looked it up online, LifeStation was one of the top two in the nation as far as the reliability of the program, the hardware and the response time. After I did some research and talked to a couple of people, we decided to go with LifeStation. She's had it for almost three years and we have been happy with it ever since.

On June 12th at 2 o'clock in the morning, my grandmother fell and it was terrible. I got a call and the reps identified themselves. They told me that they had already called emergency services and that they were en route. But when it popped up on my phone, it did not say that it was LifeStation. It was just an 888 number. I was glad I answered it because a lot of times, I let those numbers go to my voicemail. But I would recommend that they try to find a process or some software that would automatically alert whatever phone number they're calling in the emergency-type scenario.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I didn’t want a medical alert device, but my daughter insisted I get one. Now, I feel a little safer with my LifeStation and I'm happy to have it. Wearing it feels okay. It’s a part of me now and I don’t think about it anymore. Once, when I fell, I had to use it and the emergency response service I received was very good. Within a few minutes, somebody was here to help me. Their team is very nice and I'm very happy with them.

Original review: July 22, 2019

It’s very comfortable to have a LifeStation. It's able to pick up a call from any place that I might be traveling, not within yardage of my home, and a lot of times, I have it in my purse. I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Setting up the LifeStation device was a very easy. Once I had the first one set up, adding the second one for my dad was very simple. We changed some of the services around after a while, but the reps were very helpful. Everything seems to be going well and the unit looks like it's working.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I signed up my mom for the LifeStation device. She lives alone and recently, she had been at a hospital and starting to fall a lot. So we were concerned about that. The LifeStation reps I dealt with were great. They were very courteous, professional, understanding, and patient. I now feel a little more secure since my mom got the LifeStation. She wears it and we kind of joke with her because all her friends have them. It’s kinda like a status thing. When they come to visit her, they even leave their homes wearing them and they never take them off. But I know I have a 96-year-old aunt that does not wear it.

Other than that, our experience with LifeStation has been pretty good and we would recommend it to friends. But it seems like it takes a very long time from when we press the button until the person on the other end responds. We’ve done a couple of tests and it takes up to a minute and a half for their rep to get on the phone. My mom doesn't count by the time and she counts the rings. And she said that it takes 15 rings. So, I wish they could be a little quicker in their response time.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I wanted a LifeStation medical alert device in case of an emergency. It's good and I would recommend it.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I had a stroke and I have had two accidents. Luckily, Alan was here and he called for help. I live with my grandson and I’m alone at home since he is at work. He wanted me to have a medical alert device to where I can call him if I need to. I use LifeStation at home and I’m satisfied with it. It’s comfortable and I feel safer.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I'm very happy with the LifeStation system. It's fine and there's nothing wrong with it. I never take my bracelet off and it doesn't bother me at all. If I fall down, I can get help. It serves the purpose and I feel secure with it. I've recommended it to several people. I had to interact with them one time and it was fine except I couldn't understand it, but that wasn't their fault. I had to get a neighbor come in and he took care of it. He talked to a different person.

LifeStation Company Information