toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ms. Truckenbrodt,

I am so pleased to hear about your experience with LifeFone. We strive to provide Peace of Mind to our subscribers and their family members. LifeFone thanks you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I've had LifeFone for a long time and my experience with it has been good. I have no problem with it. I'm a little older and by myself and LifeFone makes me feel more secure. I always wear it around my neck and it is comfortable. I've only used it once back in New York and they were good in responding when I called to check it. I'd recommend it for anybody living alone or being old like I am. It's one of those things I wouldn't be without. I have it right by my bed and I put it on in the morning when I get up until I go to bed.

I know a few people who had a LifeFone, like my sister. Then I fell and I have a real bad heart condition, I have COPD, diabetes, and a lot of different things. The family thought that I needed to have LifeFone. So my son ordered it and had it sent to me. I've been falling a lot lately, but there's always been somebody to help me get up. I haven't had to use the device but I test it at least once a month and maybe more. LifeFone's people have always been really nice and very cooperative if I ever did contact them for anything or any reason. My family has more peace of mind and they're happy with it and so I'm certainly happy with it as well.

Ms. Huntley,

We thank you for valued response and are very glad that we were able to assist you when needed. Lifefone is here to keep you safe and give both you and your loved ones Peace of Mind.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I live alone, and for safety, it was wiser to have something that I could rely on, and my children didn't have to worry quite as much about me. That's why we decided to get a LifeFone which goes all over the United States. I wear it as a bracelet and it's comfortable. I've had it for three years now and have used it three times already. Their team came in a timely manner.

I love LifeFone. My friend’s mother had a LifeFone and they were from New York. When the time came that I was by myself, he felt that it’s what I needed so he got it for me. It’s been great and I wear it all the time as a wrist band rather than a pendant. The pendant was in the way and the only time I take it off with the wristband is when I take a shower or shampoo my hair. I’ve been wearing it a good while now and I had fallen several times and it really means a lot. I haven’t had to use it as I’ve managed to get up.

I have macular degeneration and my vision is very, very poor almost to the point of I just see light and that’s about it. Though I realize LifeFone’s biggest push has to do with “Help, I can’t get up,” it has made me feel secure for a lot of reasons. I live alone, 90 years old, and I don’t have anyone other than dear friends and they’re getting far and few in between as well. For me, LifeFone means being able to be in touch with somebody. Not just to call the police but especially if I didn’t know what I should do.

It could be used for other things as well and it is true there’s somebody there to talk to. I discontinued my cellphone because I’m not driving anymore then my landline went out and I didn't know what to do because I have a friend who calls frequently. I called LifeFone and told them my situation and asked them if they could call and tell her I’m fine but my telephone is out and then ask her to call the telephone company. It was a tremendous help and I am totally and completely satisfied. I really don’t have any problems about it at all and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved out of my home and I rented a new apartment. There are eight other apartments in the building and the people there go to work so during the day, I’m the only one in the building. My kids told me to get a LifeFone since I'm alone during the day, and if I fall, there's nobody I can call. First, I got the necklace but it hangs so low that I've hit it by mistake so I got the bracelet which I wear all the time, except when I take a shower. I’m happy with my LifeFone device. I’m content and I know if I need it, it’s there. I’ve called once a month to tell them that everything is okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I made a call last December 24th and it took LifeFone over half-an-hour to get to where I was at and they finally got me to the hospital. That's a rather long time when they say “immediately” and not a good service especially when I’m paying for immediate transportation. If I was dying from something they wouldn’t have to even come. I like the price of LifeFone but the price isn’t any good if they’re not going to be any good and I'm wondering if the price is worth it. They could have had trouble finding the place but that’s not really an excuse because they do have maps. I had used another medical alert device before and I've never had to call them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son in Colorado sent me LifeFone's medical alert device and it's been okay so far. I leave it on every night and I wear it around my neck when I take showers but people would tell me to get a new one because it doesn't work if it's been getting wet and I don't believe it. One time, it went off and I got “Emergency, emergency, emergency” but it's not an emergency. My son was worried about the device not working when something happens so he told me to check it but I don’t dare because I’m afraid I’ll have all the kinds of people here.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen over a couple of times, and hurt my legs. I had to go to the hospital to get them fixed up. I got a myself a LifeFone and their reps have been great. Thank goodness I haven't had the reason to use it yet but so far I'm very satisfied with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm older and my daughter who lives in Florida worries about me if I should fall so I got a LifeFone. My son contacted their reps to see if it was hooked up, and it's okay. My daughter feels much better now and it makes me feel good too that I have something I can call and talk to someone if something happens. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got into a major accident and I broke a lot of bones on my left side. I also broke my ankle, knee and both the bones in my arms. As I got back home, I thought LifeFone might be something that I would have to use in case of an emergency, so I got one and it's been excellent from the start. I did not try testing it regularly every month so I received a call and they asked me to test it out and I did. It took less than a minute and we got it done with. It was an awesome experience. I'm not sure if they have a lock box facility but I'd love it if they could offer something like that because that will make complete sense rather than having them break down the door. Overall I'll definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom had a lot of falls so she needed a medical alert device and so far, everything's been fine with LifeFone. If I'm out of the house and she's here by herself, it's a good emergency contact for her or if we're here and there's an emergency, it's a good thing to have. We've had a couple of false alerts and they were very quick and efficient in responding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine got LifeFone for me. She felt I needed it because I fall a lot. When my son put it in for me, he tested the device and their people responded right away. The monthly rate is very fair but I feel it was too expensive in the beginning. It’s $40 and other people I know have the same system and feel the same way. They oversell it, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost my husband so I'm on my own and got myself a LifeFone. I'm very satisfied with them, so far and my interaction with their people has been fine. LifeFone makes me feel safer in case I run into problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend got a LifeFone for her mother-in-law. They did a good job with her and my friend was really impressed with it. She told me about it so I tried it. I'm going to be 77 in a few days but I'm extremely active. I travel a lot, do Yoga, Tai Chi, and I walk a lot. I'm not the typical I fall and then I can't get up routine, but I do live alone and I am elderly. I am also going to PT to learn to get my balance better.

My representative is very good, but I did not get all of the information I was supposed to get when I received my LifeFone. There were no instructions in it as to what to do with the box for the key that's supposed to go outside. I've looked at it and I can't figure out how it's supposed to work. He was going to have somebody call me and get the information to me. I also was supposed to get a month free. It seems like LifeFone needs to improve in their follow-up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using my LifeFone for a year. I have the bracelet, and I hit it once by mistake and LifeFone's response time was very fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm concerned about not having someone available in an emergency. I got LifeFone which was easy to set up and everybody was helpful. LifeFone gives me a peace of mind.

Ms. Bledsoe,

Thank you for choosing Lifefone, we appreciate and value your business

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I slipped and I had a fall before so when my daughters saw an advertisement on TV about LifeFone, we decided to get one. I'm supposed to call once a month. I tell them it's not an emergency, and they said I could do that once a month. But I don't think I have done it this month yet. But I've done it twice since I've had it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and one day I fell and laid there for about two hours before I could get up, so my son and daughter went ahead and got the LifeFone for me. Right after the first year, I checked it to make sure it's working. It rang quite a few times when I pressed the one that I wear around my neck. But then when I brought the other one in and pushed it, they answered on that one. I keep the GPS which I take with me when I go some place. I feel safer having all of these. I would recommend LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a medical alert device due to my wife's medical condition. Accidentally, it went off a few times, and the response was very quick and they made sure everything was ok. I have recommended LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always wear my LifeFone at home. It just took me a while to get used to it. I thought I had to carry it everywhere and my sister said, "No. Take your phone if you're going out with me. We can call if anything happens." I went out the other day and had my LifeFone in my pocket book and it kept going off. When I realized that I was with my sister, I had to call them. The response time was a little delayed. I don't like that it takes them so long to answer. But when I do need them, they're very good. I saw somebody climb in my window. It threw me out of bed, I was like "What the hell?" So they're quick. I would recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have colon cancer and I'm undergoing chemo. I also went in a coma for a week and tore my ACL and couldn't walk. My daughter didn't want me without a medical alert device so she got a LifeFone for me. I've used it once and it's fine. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband died and my children are far away so I needed a medical alert device. They said I should have it and I thought I better do it. I'm completely satisfied with LifeFone and I think it's a wonderful thing. I can't say enough nice things about it. I once month call to make sure everything is working right and the ladies who respond to me are very nice.

I used another medical device before and LifeFone is much better. Before, all I had was the little unit that I carry when I go away from home. If I fell in the basement or anywhere, I couldn't hear them unless I had that with me. But now, I have the big unit out in my kitchen and I've got it turned loud. I can hear that anywhere. If I fall in the basement and punch the little thing I have around my neck, I could hear what they were saying and I could tell them what's wrong. I feel safer in two ways. If someone was breaking into my house, I feel that I could push that button right away and get somebody and tell them to call the police. And then, if I'm out on the road or get sick, I can push the button.

Good Afternoon Mr. Teklits,

it was a pleasure speaking with you today and I thank you for your honest feedback. You mentioned the magnetic clasps on your pendants not being given to you and you are right the clasps has changed. Since this was a great help to you I will be sending out replacements to exchange all of your current necklace pendants with the magnetic clasps. You are a priority to us and we want to make sure that we are meeting all of your needs.

Thank you for choosing LifeFone, we appreciate your business

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

The people at LifeFone has been always friendly and helpful. But one of the things which I find a bit on the annoying side is the difficulty with which one can achieve stability with the cord. It’s uncomfortable because of the manner in which the cords are put together. It’s a fairly long and unstable platform and rather than being contently at the rear of the neck, it’s all over the place. LifeFone once had a feature which functioned. It was a cord with a magnetic capability of quickly putting together the two ends of the cord around one’s neck. That was ideal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m an old lady living alone and LifeFone was my Christmas present last year from my children. I wear it every day and carry it always around with me and I've had no bad emergencies. However, they should offer an option for silver or gold fine chain so that people will think maybe I had a crucifix hanging inside my shirt rather than the black thing around the neck because the cord shows so much. For sure, women don’t like black hanging around their necks and for me, it shows on a lot of things I wear although having it around the neck is better than pinning it or carrying it someway since I could lose it. I'd recommend them and in fact, all my friends know that I have LifeFone so that’s a form of advertising.

Ms. Baran,

Thank you for choosing LifeFone and writing a review. We appreciate business.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

My husband passed away and I decided to live alone in my home. I didn’t want to leave my home but as long as I agreed to have LifeFone, it made things a little easier for everyone. I didn’t even search out any other system because my niece got this for her mother and they were pleased with it. I believe in it and so far it’s working very well for me. I’ve had a lot of false alarms but I haven’t really used it since I've not had any emergencies.

Ms. Miller,

Thank you for your review and we are happy to know that you have not needed us but are glad that we are able to bring Peace of Mind to you and your daughter. Should you have any questions feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I never had accidents to push the button to go off, but I've been real pleased with LifeFone. My daughter purchased it because I’m losing my eyesight and I live alone. She saw I needed to have it if I’ve fallen in the bathroom, or in the house. And so far, I would recommend LifeFone to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine got a LifeFone for me. Though I never had to really use it, I never had a problem with it. It's pretty easy. I push a button and it calls up the company. The reps have also been friendly.

Ms. Ramos,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review as it is very important to us. LifeFone is here for you 24/7 should you need our assistance. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

My daughter thought that it's best for me to get LifeFone because I fell one-time. I find the device okay and I wear it every day and night. I never take it off and I leave it on. I rely on it and I'm hoping that I don't fall again so that I don't have to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 87 and once in a while I still got problems that I fall so my kids were kind of after me to get a life alert. So when my son asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told him I wanted the smart alert and he gave me LifeFone, which came handy. I'm glad I have it because if something does happen, I could push the button. I'm well satisfied with it and I can't complain about the people who work at LifeFone. When the alert went off they asked if they could help me or I could get somebody. However one time, I was a little disappointed because they had the ambulance and so many people come over here. They made me sit on a chair and they questioned me like I was on a court trial. All LifeFone had to do was call my neighbors across the street because I've got them on there that if something happens, they’d be the ones to come over and if they feel that I need an ambulance it's up to them to call.

Good Morning Ms. Boyd,

We are very pleased to know that the system brings Peace of Mind to both you and your husband as this is what we strive for. We truly value you as a customer and thank you for choosing LifeFone.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I had back surgery and it went haywire. I was going with a walker then two canes outside. And that time I did fall and it broke my back. I did something to the L1 so I'm on a walker all the time now or in a wheelchair if I go anywhere. So I had to have the LifeFone or else I couldn't be home by myself. And I know it’s there if I need it. It gives my husband more peace of mind. He feels like he can go out and do things outdoors or if he has to go to town. Also, I test the device every month and the LifeFone team was always very nice.

LifeFone Company Profile