Call toll free
4.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

686 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had a serious illness and my adult children insisted that I get a LifeFone device. I am in an adult living center and we have our emergency pole chain so I don’t need it but they feel better about it. I just have it taken out of my checking account every month and I don’t worry about it. It goes around my neck first thing in the morning and then, when I go to bed at night, it goes around my wrist. Occasionally, I forget and take it off and throw it over on the dresser and it goes, “Emergency! Emergency!” and I jump out of my skin and I push the button and say, “No, false alarm.” If I don’t get to it quickly enough, someone comes on.

Every six months or so, somebody will call and check. They would ask me to push the button, so I do. LifeFone is very good but if I’m out of my apartment and I need them, that’s just too bad because this is only for my apartment. However, if I am down there on the floor and need them, they will take care of me when I push the button.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I wear my LifeFone when my caregiver is not here. I've tested the button and their response was quick. When somebody came on the line, they were very easy and comfortable to speak with. I wear the device around my neck and sometimes, if I bend over to tie my shoelaces, the thing would flop on my chest which would set off the alarm. And that has happened maybe five times.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have the LifeFone wrist bracelet that I wear most of the time and somehow I bumped it and turned it on. It took me 45 minutes to get that thing turned off. They just kept calling my kids and there was nothing wrong with me. That was upsetting to me because I couldn't figure out what I had done, but somehow, in my sleep, I had bumped that button. But that's my only complaint about it. I live by myself out in the country and my kids are happier since I've been using LifeFone so that makes me happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've set my LifeFone off a couple of times and their reps came through my device. I would tell everybody to look into the LifeFone system to see their preference since everybody has their own thing. For a person on fixed income, the price is a little high. Nonetheless, I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We bought LifeFone from where we used to live and I've had it for several years now. My daughter got it for us because we were both up in age and not as steady on our feet as we should be. When my wife fell, LifeFone got the medical people here and took care of her in a reasonable response time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I live alone and it gives me peace of mind and it comforts me that I have my LifeFone and knowing I’m protected in case something happens. I’ve spoken to a couple of people for advice on how to use it and they were helpful and it’s easy to use once installed. I’ve tested it once and their response time was good.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

After returning device to LifeFone, no information about a possible credit could be obtained. Left many messages with phone number. No return call ever. After finally getting thru after three weeks, they could not provide any information - they assured me that an email would be sent in 24 hrs. None received. Called today again - after 3 1/2 weeks - left a message again. Oy Vey - not very good customer service.

Hello Martin,

We are so sorry to hear that you were unable to speak to a representative in a timely manner. We did happen to see the pro-rated credit was issued to your account, now we understand if might not have known which credit card the credit was applied to and wanted to know when and which one. Unfortunately, we do not know which number you had been leaving the voicemails with 3 & 1/2 weeks ago, but we did receive your one voicemail from yesterday and happened to leave a message and sent an email to reach out. Again for all concerns, our Billing Dept is here at 1-800-940-0262 Ext. 415 Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I’m on a walker all the time because my heart skips a lot and so I have to be careful not to fall. I feel so much better with LifeFone. I didn't wanna stay by myself and this was uneasy until I got the LifeFone. Their reps were very helpful and they tell me exactly what to do. It was a very pleasant experience and I have recommended LifeFone to people.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Two friends recommended LifeFone, so I got the medical alert system. My interactions with the people there have been fine. I've tested my help button every month and the LifeFone team has responded within seconds. Also, there was one time that I must have turned over and hit the alarm during the middle of the night and they came through, then I answered right away and everything was fine.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I’m a person that had polio when I was young and I’m now finding myself unable to get around the house quickly. And I fell a couple of times and laid on the floor for more than eight hours. I live alone so I needed some assistance or some way to get assistance. The people at LifeFone seemed to be very helpful. I got my products and they worked. I tested a deal on the machine monthly, but their response time the last time I tested it was really long. It seemed it was much longer than the other two times I did it. But so far, I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My health is bad. I was in the hospital and my daughter made arrangements for me to have LifeFone. I feel safe with the device because of the testing being done once a month. They respond right away and I'm satisfied. So sign up with them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I'm satisfied with LifeFone, and I'd advise family and friends to also get one because they would be more safe having it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I’ve had open heart surgery and my breathing is bad. My daughter who works at a hospital in Elyria, Ohio ran across an ad for LifeFone and that led to my getting their medical alert device. She has taken care of speaking with the reps. The device has been very good and now I’m down to just using it at night. I would recommend LifeFone to a friend. In fact, I’ve told three friends that having their alert device is nice and convenient.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've tested the LifeFone device from time to time and the response time has been pretty good. I was originally given something around my neck to wear, but it would be safer if they would also give me the wristband. But my son told me that I only have a choice of a wristband or around the neck. The major drawback to the whole unit is that it's not good outside the house. But it's okay and I've lived with it. I'm home most of the time anyway, and I feel slightly safer having it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My LifeFone gets tested every two weeks and it has been very, very good. They respond immediately and I've had very good interactions with them. I just recommended LifeFone to my neighbor because their health has put them in the situation where they need that kind of back-up.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I always have the LifeFone on my wrist or around my neck or in the TV room, and having it makes me feel more confident.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I'm 87 and I have little heart problems. My kids took up LifeFone for me and it's been good for what I've done with it. I check in with LifeFone every 30 days and it seems to be good.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The people at LifeFone were nice and very receptive. I have accidentally pressed the button a few times, and their response was loud and fast. I told them that it was an accident and they were not bothered at all by that. The device hangs down and I've tried making the neck piece smaller so it didn't hang down far, but I would like to know if there was some way that it wouldn't go off as easily because that turns me off of wearing it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Knowing other people fell led me to get a LifeFone, and everything was good. It is convenient and I have been very satisfied. I would recommend it.

Hello Beatrice Sorkin,

Thanks for your review, we are delighted that you would recommend our service to anyone and that you are enjoying the wonderful service that LifeFone strives to provide to each of our subscribers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had a corrective surgery and then my kids made me get a medical alert device. Having a LifeFone is good so far. It’s an extra added comfort. Everything seems to be going the way it should be and the LifeFone people I've interacted with were efficient and not overly friendly, which is fine.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I’m glad I have a LifeFone with me as I needed something for emergency. I had an emergency before and didn't have it so I got it. However, in the last month or two, they appeared a couple of times at my apartment building and said I’d signaled them. They didn’t actually get up to my apartment, and I really didn’t think I’d signaled them unless I accidentally pushed the button. Still, I wanna keep it because it’s there if I need an emergency help. The LifeFone people I've spoken to were fine. I would recommend LifeFone and I would tell others where they could get in touch and make their judgment.

Hello Florence,

We love the feedback and are so glad to hear you'd definitely recommend LifeFone to anyone. We know that false activations happen from time-to-time but we are glad that you know we are there to get you the help you need as soon as possible when you ever are in need.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have a 91-year-old mother who was widowed and she still lives on her own and I live 200 miles away. And for my peace of mind, I got her a medical alert system from LifeFone. We love LifeFone. It gives me a great sense of security. We know that it works because we found out from trial and error. My mom is also hard of hearing and one day, she had her hearing aids out and she was brushing her teeth and her necklace was bumping against the sink and she didn’t realize it. She also didn’t hear the voice talking to her because she did not have her hearing aids in. And when she walked into the living room, the EMS and the police were there. It was a good experience because we knew it worked. My mom lives in a small town of 700 people, so the police department and the EMS were really excited to see how that system worked also because they had never witnessed it. So, it was a good test run for everybody.

One time when I was visiting her, she got the new replacement because the batteries were running down. So, I had to call the team at LifeFone and activate it. I talked with an associate then and I said, “My mother would have to do this sometimes on her own. Is this gonna be a problem?” And the associate said that they would take the time and really work with her. And as a matter of fact, that happened and my mom is not a tech savvy person at all, and they were very patient with her and they taught her to drop it and activate it and made sure everything worked before they hung up with her.

My mom feels safer because of the GPS on it, too. An older lady comes and takes her shopping and she takes the little GPS phone type thing with her on her purse so if they ever have problems, they can always be located. Also, we were concerned of making sure that the signals worked because she lives in a small farming community. But, we never have a problem with the signals. Everything has been great, and I recommend LifeFone to everybody.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The people at LifeFone have been very professional and I've had great interactions with them. My children decided that I should have a medical alert device. I had flipped out of a chair when I was visiting and they gave this LifeFone to me on my birthday. I live by myself and I can’t drive, and it certainly made me feel more secure. I know I can get help if I need it, and that’s been a great comfort for me. Also, my children are happy that I have it. The only thing is I usually wear the bracelet on my arm, which has been great but I don’t wanna get my skin irritated, so I thought, “Well, I need to take it off at night and use the necklace at night.” I am a very restful sleeper and every time I wear the necklace, I manage to turn on the LifeFone and that was not good. So, I do not do that anymore. I continue to use the bracelet.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My husband had a stroke in January of 2017 and his balance and mobility were compromised. We felt it would be safe for him to wear a medical alert device in case nobody would be with him and he would fall. We got a LifeFone device and I’m very pleased with it. When we needed it, it performed as expected. We had an emergency very soon after we first got the service and everything went very efficiently. Since then, we’ve only used the device to test it, which all worked out fine. I would definitely recommend LifeFone. In fact, I got it because a friend of mine recommended it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I had a heart attack three years ago. I can fall easy and can’t get up because I’ve got two artificial knees so I needed a medical alert device. I had to call 911 to get up because my husband couldn’t pick me up. I had to have my feet straighten out and picked up that way. My LifeFone is real sensitive. One time I dropped it below the shoulder and it set it off. Another time, I was carrying a pair of shoes and it set it off. Then I was taking off a blouse the other day and I got a hold of the string too and it slid down to the rug at the side of the bed and that set it off too. However, the people at LifeFone have been friendly and helpful. I would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My father passed away and my mother still lives in the house. I wanted her to have some safety in the house and she’s also unstable on her feet so I got her a LifeFone. Since then, I feel much better and she’s completely comfortable with it, too. She has used it before and LifeFone's response time was right on. We are very, very happy with LifeFone and they’ve always been very polite with us.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Before Cathy’s husband passed away, they needed a medical alert service so Cathy got the LifeFone. She has used it several times and the response was pretty good. Also, the reps were all nice and courteous. She wanted the device on the wrist and so she wears it now along with the necklace.

Good afternoon Karen,

Thanks for your review, we are delighted that you recommended our service to Cathy and that she is enjoying the wonderful service that LifeFone strives to provide to each of our subscribers. We thank you and her for continuing to be part of our LifeFone family.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Every time I’ve called LifeFone to test my device out, it seems like it takes a long time. It takes at least a good minute, but the reps have been friendly and professional. I’ve had LifeFone for almost a year. My daughter thought that it would be a good idea since I’m 92 years old. She said I might fall and the LifeFone would be something that would help me. However, once I get out of the house and 300-foot away, it doesn’t do me any good unless I pay more money and I get something that has a GPS.

Good afternoon Jerry,

many thanks for the feedback! We're pleased to hear you're satisfied with our company and the service we have provided to you. We appreciate the feedback and use it to improve our service. You can always call us about your concerns and we can inform you on our many out of home products. We're here to help our subscribers 24/7.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My LifeFone works fine and I’ve had it for over a year. I live alone and I’m 86 years old, and my bedroom’s upstairs, too. I'm glad I've gotten LifeFone. It’s somewhat a safety device. I push the button every month and let the people at LifeFone know that it’s still working. My cat set it off twice, but they were very nice about it. They answered immediately as well. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have had a couple of accidents with my LifeFone device two different times. I dropped it one time and another time, the lady that comes and cleans the apartment dropped it. The person who answered on LifeFone's end of the call was very good. They asked me if I needed any help and if I was all right. In fact, a couple of times I've used that particular call as my once a month that I'm supposed to, and I haven't been doing it properly, but everybody's been very good. They speak to me then said, "We'll take care of it right away." Everything is fine.

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

As part of its commitment to providing emergency services, LifeFone includes a price lock, so the first price charged is the only price a customer will ever pay.

• The equipment is waterproof: Help buttons are waterproof so they can be worn in the shower, one of the most likely places for people to fall.

• There is a lifetime warranty on the equipment: Equipment costs can rapidly drive up the price on a medical alert system. Having a warranty ensures equipment maintenance and replacement when needed.

• There are no activation or equipment fees: LifeFone requires no activation or equipment fees for their annual, quarterly or monthly pricing options. Each billing option also includes a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information