Call toll free
4.69/5
Based on 165 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

668 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Knowing other people fell led me to get a LifeFone, and everything was good. It is convenient and I have been very satisfied. I would recommend it.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had a corrective surgery and then my kids made me get a medical alert device. Having a LifeFone is good so far. It’s an extra added comfort. Everything seems to be going the way it should be and the LifeFone people I've interacted with were efficient and not overly friendly, which is fine.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I’m glad I have a LifeFone with me as I needed something for emergency. I had an emergency before and didn't have it so I got it. However, in the last month or two, they appeared a couple of times at my apartment building and said I’d signaled them. They didn’t actually get up to my apartment, and I really didn’t think I’d signaled them unless I accidentally pushed the button. Still, I wanna keep it because it’s there if I need an emergency help. The LifeFone people I've spoken to were fine. I would recommend LifeFone and I would tell others where they could get in touch and make their judgment.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have a 91-year-old mother who was widowed and she still lives on her own and I live 200 miles away. And for my peace of mind, I got her a medical alert system from LifeFone. We love LifeFone. It gives me a great sense of security. We know that it works because we found out from trial and error. My mom is also hard of hearing and one day, she had her hearing aids out and she was brushing her teeth and her necklace was bumping against the sink and she didn’t realize it. She also didn’t hear the voice talking to her because she did not have her hearing aids in. And when she walked into the living room, the EMS and the police were there. It was a good experience because we knew it worked. My mom lives in a small town of 700 people, so the police department and the EMS were really excited to see how that system worked also because they had never witnessed it. So, it was a good test run for everybody.

One time when I was visiting her, she got the new replacement because the batteries were running down. So, I had to call the team at LifeFone and activate it. I talked with an associate then and I said, “My mother would have to do this sometimes on her own. Is this gonna be a problem?” And the associate said that they would take the time and really work with her. And as a matter of fact, that happened and my mom is not a tech savvy person at all, and they were very patient with her and they taught her to drop it and activate it and made sure everything worked before they hung up with her.

My mom feels safer because of the GPS on it, too. An older lady comes and takes her shopping and she takes the little GPS phone type thing with her on her purse so if they ever have problems, they can always be located. Also, we were concerned of making sure that the signals worked because she lives in a small farming community. But, we never have a problem with the signals. Everything has been great, and I recommend LifeFone to everybody.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The people at LifeFone have been very professional and I've had great interactions with them. My children decided that I should have a medical alert device. I had flipped out of a chair when I was visiting and they gave this LifeFone to me on my birthday. I live by myself and I can’t drive, and it certainly made me feel more secure. I know I can get help if I need it, and that’s been a great comfort for me. Also, my children are happy that I have it. The only thing is I usually wear the bracelet on my arm, which has been great but I don’t wanna get my skin irritated, so I thought, “Well, I need to take it off at night and use the necklace at night.” I am a very restful sleeper and every time I wear the necklace, I manage to turn on the LifeFone and that was not good. So, I do not do that anymore. I continue to use the bracelet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My husband had a stroke in January of 2017 and his balance and mobility were compromised. We felt it would be safe for him to wear a medical alert device in case nobody would be with him and he would fall. We got a LifeFone device and I’m very pleased with it. When we needed it, it performed as expected. We had an emergency very soon after we first got the service and everything went very efficiently. Since then, we’ve only used the device to test it, which all worked out fine. I would definitely recommend LifeFone. In fact, I got it because a friend of mine recommended it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I had a heart attack three years ago. I can fall easy and can’t get up because I’ve got two artificial knees so I needed a medical alert device. I had to call 911 to get up because my husband couldn’t pick me up. I had to have my feet straighten out and picked up that way. My LifeFone is real sensitive. One time I dropped it below the shoulder and it set it off. Another time, I was carrying a pair of shoes and it set it off. Then I was taking off a blouse the other day and I got a hold of the string too and it slid down to the rug at the side of the bed and that set it off too. However, the people at LifeFone have been friendly and helpful. I would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My father passed away and my mother still lives in the house. I wanted her to have some safety in the house and she’s also unstable on her feet so I got her a LifeFone. Since then, I feel much better and she’s completely comfortable with it, too. She has used it before and LifeFone's response time was right on. We are very, very happy with LifeFone and they’ve always been very polite with us.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Before Cathy’s husband passed away, they needed a medical alert service so Cathy got the LifeFone. She has used it several times and the response was pretty good. Also, the reps were all nice and courteous. She wanted the device on the wrist and so she wears it now along with the necklace.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Every time I’ve called LifeFone to test my device out, it seems like it takes a long time. It takes at least a good minute, but the reps have been friendly and professional. I’ve had LifeFone for almost a year. My daughter thought that it would be a good idea since I’m 92 years old. She said I might fall and the LifeFone would be something that would help me. However, once I get out of the house and 300-foot away, it doesn’t do me any good unless I pay more money and I get something that has a GPS.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My LifeFone works fine and I’ve had it for over a year. I live alone and I’m 86 years old, and my bedroom’s upstairs, too. I got a medical alert device from LifeFone, and I’m glad I’ve gotten it. It’s somewhat a safety device. I push the button every month and let the people at LifeFone know that it’s still working. My cat set it off twice, but they were very nice about it. They answered immediately as well. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have had a couple of accidents with my LifeFone device two different times. I dropped it one time and another time, the lady that comes and cleans the apartment dropped it. The person who answered on LifeFone's end of the call was very good. They asked me if I needed any help and if I was all right. In fact, a couple of times I've used that particular call as my once a month that I'm supposed to, and I haven't been doing it properly, but everybody's been very good. They speak to me then said, "We'll take care of it right away." Everything is fine.

Original review: July 29, 2018

When we lost power in the neighborhood, I got a call from LifeFone inquiring if I was having a problem. I told them no and that the alarm went off for just a moment because the city lost the power outside. I was pleased that they checked up on me. They were very, very nice to talk to. They are doing their job of being there if I need them, and they are not out to try and sell me something.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I've had my LifeFone device for about a year and a half. I'm hoping I'd never use it, but I got it if I need it, and I feel better about having it. I've been lucky so far with this. I have set it off a time or two by mistake like when I was in my room getting it caught on my pants. But I try to be careful with that so it won't happen.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I’ve been with LifeFone for quite a while and even though I haven’t needed that service, I do wanna keep it. My stepsons are good to me but they’re a distance away and they have their own lives and businesses. I have macular and dry eyes plus I'm 81 years old. I’m looking ahead a little bit so I wanna be preventative. I tested my LifeFone once and they responded right away and were nice. When I take a shower, I know that I have this on me but otherwise, I’ve gotten so used to it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

The people at LifeFone are great. It was my two daughters' idea to get me a LifeFone device because I fell a lot. I used it one time in an emergency. I called my daughter first and then she told me to use it so I did, and the LifeFone team took me to the hospital. They were very efficient. Also, their response time was good. In fact, when I couldn't get to the monitor quickly enough, they'd start yelling, "Charline!" And then, I'd tell them everything was okay. LifeFone really makes me feel safer.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My husband is 91 and I’m up there too so we thought LifeFone would be a good idea and my daughter chose it for me. It’s good to know that if we fall, somebody would be there to help and I have no complaints dealing with their reps.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My mom's doing okay but the fear was that she might fall and nobody would be there until they went to check out at lunchtime. She lives with my sister and her husband and I have siblings who live right near her as well. But my sister and her husband were going away to their second home for months at a time. And even when my sister ran to the store, she worried what would happen if our mom fell and she didn't come home for two hours. Our mom was gonna have more time at home by herself for mornings or evenings so we wanted something there. My brother had LifeFone for his wife when she was ill years ago and he said that it should go well. And it's been working great. I had tried a different brand but it didn't really work. It wasn't as user-friendly or as customer service-oriented. It just wasn't as smooth of a transition as LifeFone was.

My mom tends to keep the device in her blouse but there had been times that she bumped it on something. In those times, it goes off immediately and it's very loud, which is great because she does wear hearing aids but she can hear them. They respond immediately and they ask if she's okay, what happened and if she needs anything. They check in and they are very kind. It's been a great service and it's worth it. It certainly gives my siblings, my mom and me a sense of comfort and reassurance that should anything happen, somebody's there. Having LifeFore really is a comfort.

Original review: July 15, 2018

LifeFone's reps have been very helpful, very courteous and professional. I've tested my button and the response was fine. But I get frustrated that I have to wait for it to go through the medical alert system before it finally shuts off the alarm. I also have the little remote that I can take with me but it’s bulky and cumbersome and I never use it. And so I'd probably discontinue that and I'm looking into other resources having a longer range from the base than mine does. There’s another one out there that’s recommended and has a much longer range like a football field, and so I could go outside and still have it be effective. Also, I am considering looking into a different one with different price options that are recommended by Consumer Reports. Other than that, I'd still recommend LifeFone.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I had fallen and spent some time in a nursing home so I got LifeFone when I came home. It made me feel a little safer and confident. But the button is a little sensitive. I’m setting it off way more often than I thought it would because it’s on my chest and the way I move and pull a sheet up. And it’s annoying to set it off in the middle of the night when there’s no emergency.

Original review: July 13, 2018

One day I fell and my daughter decided to get me a medical alert system as I live with my disabled son and he can't help me. Since getting my button, I have sometimes made a mistake and called their team. They responded right away and I would just tell them that it was a mistake.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I'm living by myself and having health issues. I got LifeFone and I feel safer knowing that I can get in touch with someone if I need help. I test it every month to make sure it's working and the response time has been very good.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have four children and they ganged up and insisted that I get a LifeFone. I tried the one that goes around my neck but that was a nuisance. They say in the paperwork not to put the device inside your t-shirt. So, I ended up throwing it behind my back and if I really have a problem, I could remember where it was. But it got into the soup and into the sewing, and every time I bent over, it was in the way. So, I opted for the one on my wrist and that's working better. It's a nice safety device, but I don't give it much thought. I'm pretty independent and very careful. Plus, I take my time doing things.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I had an incident where I became momentarily unconscious and so my family thought having a medical alert service would be a good idea. I got a LifeFone and when my daughter tested it, we got an immediate response.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My husband’s handicapped and he's been using LifeFone. The people at LifeFone has been good. They've been helpful and answered my questions, and when we tested the button, their response time has been fine. I'd recommend LifeFone.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I fell and I needed help so I got a LifeFone. I feel very safe with it on. I used the button and the help came fairly quickly and got me up. I've been in a rehab hospital since April because I fell and broke my hip again. I had a revision and we discontinued LifeFone because I didn’t need it, but as soon as I got home, my daughter called LifeFone and they put it right back on. The service has been good.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had the acid reflux problem and at my age I'd better be careful so I got LifeFone. I have tested it a couple of times and their response was good.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My son bought the LifeFone for me and everything has been nice. I spoke to the young lady the other day when I had to buy another pendant, and it took about two days to get it. The people at LifeFone were nice and very courteous.

Original review: July 4, 2018

We switched between two different locations and phone numbers and so, every couple of weeks I have to call LifeFone and that took a little while to work out, but it did. We haven't tested it at really far distances from the unit, but we're happy with it because we did extend it for a second year. They told us to call in whenever we want to verify if it's working to see if it had switched over to the new location and phone number, and that works pretty good. I can call 24 hours a day. But sometimes I tend to get people that don’t seem to have any idea what they're doing. So for the last 10 times, I just called in normal business hours and I got a more experienced human being.

I've told Tom that if he's outside and has a problem, he can hit his buzzer and I can clear it here and go outside. Like right now he's out on a piece of equipment and if he was to fall and I wouldn’t know it, he can hit his buzzer, I can get out there and I still won't be involving the LifeFone people, but I'm using it as an alert here. When we got it, he was alone part of the time but now, he's not alone. Also, Tom has Parkinson's, so he has a really soft voice. When we have tested it, we know where the base unit is and I've had him be like 30 or 40 feet away, and the salesman said that the person that’s on the either end can boost up the receiver and should be able to hear him even if he's not talking very loud. And I don’t think it's quite as good as they advertised.

LifeFone response

Many thanks for the feedback Dena, we're pleased to hear you're satisfied with LifeFone, If there is anything we can improve we're here for you 24 hrs/7 days of the week.

Original review: July 3, 2018

LifeFone is my first medical alert system. My kids felt I needed it because I live in an apartment, although I got other people close by. It is for security and I'm very satisfied with it. They called me the other day, so it's working. My friends already have one too.

LifeFone response

Hello Mary Helen,

Thanks for your review, we are delighted that you would recommend our service to anyone and that you are enjoying the wonderful service that LifeFone strives to provide to each of our subscribers.

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

As part of its commitment to providing emergency services, LifeFone includes a price lock, so the first price charged is the only price a customer will ever pay.

• The equipment is waterproof: Help buttons are waterproof so they can be worn in the shower, one of the most likely places for people to fall.

• There is a lifetime warranty on the equipment: Equipment costs can rapidly drive up the price on a medical alert system. Having a warranty ensures equipment maintenance and replacement when needed.

• There are no activation or equipment fees: LifeFone requires no activation or equipment fees for their annual, quarterly or monthly pricing options. Each billing option also includes a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information

1976
16 Yellowstone Avenue
White Plains
NY
10607-1324
www.lifefone.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business