toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with LifeFone has been good. My daughter did it for me. She thought I should have one because I was alone. I have not needed to use it though. But, it's a good thing that I have it. All in all, I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother has dementia, heart trouble and a handful of other medical problems, and she’s home alone sometimes, so I wanted to make sure she had access to some help. Reading the descriptions and some of the reviews on it, I chose LifeFone for her. She had another one temporarily, GuardMe, but was not happy with it. So, we turned that one in and went with LifeFone. So far, our experience has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 95 years old and I’m alone. Things are harder to do around the house. My niece wanted me to have a LifeFone so I got one. I only ever used it once and it was just that the lights were out and there was nobody around to tell me what was going on. LifeFone was able to help me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a heart failure and I live alone. We thought Lifefone would be a good thing. My daughter-in-law did research and out of the ones that she and my son looked into, this one was the best. I've only had some false alarms, so far. I have a walker and if I don't have it tucked inside my shirt, it hits the walker and sets it off. They seem to respond promptly which is good and they're very gracious about it. I apologized. Also, since I'm close to it, if I can get it on time, I can hit the clear button and then no one comes on. Other than that, it’s fine. I feel safe and I feel like it’s an extra protection. It’s a good idea and kinda like having another person there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone so I decided to get a LifeFone and so far, I’ve only used it once. I tested it before and they were quick to respond. It's handy to have and I wear it around my neck 24/7. I’d recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son got me a LifeFone a couple of months ago and I am happy with it. They said I had to call in once a month to report that everything is working. I'll be 87 but I'm still in a great shape. I'm not going to call in unless something happens. I'm fine with it. I hate wearing the band because I have a lot of jewelry and I never wear it unless I go out. When I get home, the first thing I do is put it away. It bothers me to have to wear it. I don't like anything around my neck either. I just don't wear watches or anything around the house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love LifeFone. My husband passed away and I just think it is a good idea for me to have a medical alert system. I have never had a chance to use it. I've just put it on to make sure it's working. They’re very prompt whenever I ever push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm in a wooded area far from any hospital so my wife made the decision to get a medical alert device because I needed it. I'm happy with LifeFone's service. I tested it not too long ago and they responded quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm close to 90 years old and one time, I fell and I did not have LifeFone so my sons got it for me. I have used LifeFone here a while back. I fell and passed out in the shower but I had it in there with me. I'm afraid to take it in the water so I just lay it on the commode. When I woke up, I was lying on the floor bleeding so I called and they got somebody there right away.

Ms. Marble,

We are glad you had the time to speak with us, and we were able to assist you today, by clarifying specifics of how your system works. As we spoke about today, we can swap out your necklace pendant for a wristlet at any time you would like free of charge. You can give us a call anytime, we are is here for you 24/7 should you need any additional assistance. Thank you for being a valued LifeFone customer.

Original review: April 13, 2017

My daughter purchased my LifeFone medical alert device for me. I've had a couple of times when I dropped it, and these were the only times that I've ever talked to the representatives at LifeFone. I havent talked to them or heard from them in a long time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wasn't really interested in LifeFone but my children chose it for me because of the features on it. I have accidentally hit it about 10 times when I first got it and I don't understand why it went off when I didn't touch it. But there was one occasion that even when I tried to tell them over the phone that it was just a test, they still came to the house when it wasn't necessary. I had four people knocking on my door and I thought the house was on fire. Also, they didn't know how to open the lockbox. When I first got it, I couldn't open it either because I was opening it from around the handle and that's not so. It has to be opened by pulling down the black cover. I reported it when that happened and I told the people that I called that they didn't know how to get into the lockbox.

Furthermore, I got the wrist band and I noticed after wearing it for a certain length of time that I was getting some pin prick sensations around my wrist so I stopped wearing it. And after that, it was fine so I don't wear it anymore. I don't know if it's the feature or mechanism on its back but evidently, I was very sensitive to it. Thank goodness I've never had to use my LifeFone yet, but I'd rather have it and don't need it than need it and not have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son spent a Saturday on the internet looking at all of them and the best turned out to be LifeFone, so he got it for me. He meant well and did all these when I was in the hospital. I wish he waited until I got home but he probably figured that I would say no and I appreciate that. I wear it but I have not had to use it. I have three sons and I get scolded by one of them sometimes. In fact, he went to the point of making a note in large print and put it by the back door, "Mom, if you're going out take the other part with you in your pocket or your purse and don't leave that at home. Take it with you."

I had these reminders all over the place because what happened to me was kind of a freaky thing. I've never had a fall in my life, but apparently, some medical thing made that happened. The doctor investigated anything it possibly could have been. So I had to wear a heart monitor for 30 days and it did not show anything like a fall in blood pressure. And they said, "Well, I guess we have to just say it was the heat that did it, nothing medical." And I know that they were all concerned that there's a possibility I could fall again.

LifeFone gives a better sense of security. You’re alone in the house but you're really not because your help is right there if you need it. There's nothing worse than having a fall. If there was somebody else here, I guess they wouldn't have done that. I'll soon be 88 but I'm still very active. But I'm alone and I do work out in the yard. In fact, that's probably one of the reasons I fell because I was out there in the heat.

One time I was getting dressed and when my finger accidentally activated that button, the service is instantaneous. A rep was right there as if she'd been standing next to me. I know that the response is very, very quick. And I apologized to them and they said, "That's all right. It happens all the time." Although I am careful, I don't walk in the middle of the day when it’s 90 degrees, it’s either early in the morning or late in the afternoon. But things happen, I understand that. And they were concerned about me. If I'm going to the grocery store, I have to take the device with me and put it in its little folder and take that. I could push that button and as long as I had that base piece with me, then I could converse with somebody there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself. I have had open-heart surgery, have a cow valve that I had put in about 12 years ago and I’ve had two pacemakers. I’ll be 90 years old on the 7th of May and my granddaughter, who is a nurse practitioner, felt that it would be good for me to have a medical alert device for my own safety. I wear it all the time around my wrist. I’ve heard of people who take them off when they take a shower but I don’t take mine off just in case I slipped in the shower and needed it. I'm so glad that I have LifeFone and that I could call in to get the ambulance out to my house. They're quick to respond, friendly and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a caretaker at the Masonic Lodge Association and she was quite acid about me having a LifeFone in case I fell because when I get down, I can't get up. But, I woke up once and it was strangling me or was coming out of my sleeves. God knows where I took it off. One time it flew across the room in my sleep. Also, advertising now isn't all that good. When I am out of town, it still works but here you're limited to just a very small area and it's not all worth a damn for that because I go all over. A couple of days ago, I had the test light of my LifeFone blinking on and off and I pressed it and it took a good minute and a half before anybody answered. They kept saying they're checking but a hell of a lot can happen in a minute and a half when you're sick or in an emergency. I told them that then I hung up on them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother brought the LifeFone device for my mother who is alone a lot and she was getting up in age. It absolutely provides peace of mind for us though my mother haven't had to use it yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell down in the bathtub, got a concussion and I ended up getting taken to the hospital. My kids noticed that when we went out for my birthday dinner I was doing funny things with my hands and kind of spaced out. So they took me to the hospital and I was there for about a week-and-a-half. And then my two sons decided to go ahead and pay for a LifeFone together. And so I have to wear it all the time. It's convenient to have that around my neck. I've accidentally pushed the button and they came on and wanted to know what my name was and so on. And they were very good about it. I would recommend LifeFone to anyone that has a falling problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter-in-law spotted LifeFone and she told me about it. One of the kids accidentally pushed the button and LifeFone were prompt at responding. I’m satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone has been working when necessary. Once in a while, it seems like it does its test on me, but that’s all right. But so far, thank God, I have not fallen. I accidentally hit it a couple of times and LifeFone were definitely very prompt. Overall, it’s been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter got a LifeFone device for me because I have the thing of falling a little bit. I am having trouble with it right now, though. For one, I had a test come on for it. So, I hit the test button, and then now, my test light don’t come on at all. Also, sometimes when I’m sitting down on the couch and I have my necklace on, it’ll go off for no reason. Perhaps if it gets too close to my pacemaker because there’s nothing wrong. And then I have to hit the button real quick so they wouldn’t call me.

I wear the device around my neck. Every so often, it gets to bother me. If I’m taking a shower the magnet gets a little sticky so I try to get that off. But other than that, I’d rather have it than the wristband. I don’t like the band because it's like a watch band and they’re too big. It also gets a lot of hair and stuff like that on it sometimes. The only other thing is that if I was outside and I accidentally stumbled or fell, it would go off but I can’t speak back to tell them I’m okay and I don’t need somebody to come running to me. Other than that, I would recommend LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son purchased LifeFone for me as a Christmas present. I was falling and he was concerned. I wear it everyday but haven't used it since Christmas. The LifeFone team was very courteous when we set it up. It's a good thing knowing it's available. It's comfortable to wear, too. And I have one in the shower and one on me as well. I'm very satisfied with my LifeFone experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone worked when it had to. It was very prompt, everything was fine with it and it's nice and loud. I felt silly a few times and I banged it up against the counter, but LifeFone was very nice about it. My mother-in-law has one too but unfortunately she decided one day to take it off to get washed even though it's waterproof. She fell and she laid there for hours, naked, and it was a big mess. She couldn't get to the phone and it was a terrible thing. Because of that, I don't take it off even when I go out. I learned her lesson. If I have to take it off, I give it to my son and he holds it until I'm ready to put it back on. Everything was perfect the way it has worked. I'm very grateful that they made me get it.

My husband passed away and I'm by myself. I'm 81 and in good health but I have a very close friend nearby who's also in good health and she went out in her garage on a Thursday night and fell down, broke her hip, and laid there 'til Saturday morning. She went to the hospital, went to nursing home, got an infection, and had to go back. It was a nightmare. That's the biggest issue at this age, so I decided that I would try to have a medical alert. My son is an attorney and a great researcher. He wanted me to have one so he researched all of them online and came up with LifeFone. He said that it looks like the best one out there since so many of them have the charger longer than having it off.

I've got one unit in the bedroom and one out in my great room which is a long way from the bedroom so I'm well covered in the house. Also, I wear the button all the time. I do a lot of yard work and took it out in the backyard and I feel more secure with it. I've tested it several times. I even took it down to Georgia with me and tested it there and they knew exactly where I was. More so, their people are very nice. I would and already have recommended LifeFone.

My daughter lives out of town and she was afraid I was going to fall or something was going to happen and I wouldn’t have any help. So, I had to allow her to get me a LifeFone to ease her mind. She and my son-in-law got the device for me. They showed up with it and set it up and put the bracelet on me. Sometimes during the night I wake up and it’s up on my arm and it’s a little bit tight, but that’s to be expected. I've gotten adjusted to it. I was told I could either have a necklace or a bracelet and I chose the bracelet. I thought I could deal with it better. Overall, my LifeFone eases my mind and gives me some security knowing that I have it. I’d recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One thing that was wrong with me was that I wouldn't respond when I fall. I don't know why but I just didn't the day I was hurt when I had the other medical alert device. Also, it didn't go off when I fell. Then I would think that I could get up myself but I couldn't. My kids have had it on for that so my son got a hold of LifeFone and this is working very good. We like it. My LifeFone went off once when I fell and they were very quick to respond. I didn’t want to answer that I had fallen and that’s too bad that I was like that. This is why LifeFone is so great. This device will do it automatically for me. I would recommend them.

Ms. Wildeveld,

We are glad you had the time to speak with us, and we were able to assist you today, by clarifying specifics of how your system works. We are is here for you 24/7 should you need any additional assistance. Thank you for being a valued LifeFone customer.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I'm 89 years and because I'm in the fourth stage of kidney failure that makes me weak. I was talking to my neighbor one time when all of a sudden, I fainted right into her arms. She and her husband carried me to the steps and then called the ambulance. My daughter-in-law made me get a LifeFone and I didn't want to do anything like that. But her mother has one and she keeps reminding me that LifeFone has saved her mother's life twice. I've had it for three and a half months and I have it on as a bracelet. It's comfortable on my wrist and it's like wearing a watch. It's comforting having it just in case.

But I find that I worry every time I'm going through the house and going somewhere that my hand will bang against the wall and what I should do then. Like one time, I had it on all afternoon because I was cleaning the house and it was banging. I hoped it turned off on time. I also wore it to the store and it went on red when I put it back into the holder. I never know how to get it off the red and I'm afraid at the time. I have it in my bedroom and I went and looked up after I was in bed and the red light is still on. So I was wondering if there's any way I can notify them that I'm okay or if they just assume that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter got LifeFone for me. I’m always home so I haven’t used it. But I’m glad I have it.

A protégé's working with me and he was aware of the service that LifeFone gave and he spoke well of them. They've been very pleasurable when they notified me when the alarm went off and that I accidentally triggered the alarm. They've been really okay and they responded really nicely. They have a very good service.

I had an amputation and I needed a safeguard in case I fall so I got a LifeFone device. I test it each month and their people respond very quickly and they're professional. Everything seemed easy with the device.

I’m an elderly and needed something to help protect me. I have fallen many times and had to call for assistance. And a couple of times, there was no one around and I had to find a way to get myself off the ground. I wanted to be sure that if I fell again outside and can’t get up, I would have someone to call rather than lie there like a rag. I heard that LifeFone was pretty good so I called them. They've been fine and I haven’t had any problems with them. When my great-grandson pushed the button by mistake, the team at LifeFone was very nice. I feel very comfortable with them.

I'm an old man and I have congestive heart failure so I carry a LifeFone with me in my pocket just in case. I'm more confident with it and I recommended it to my friend.

LifeFone Company Profile