Call toll free
4.47/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

731 LifeFone Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I did a lot of research online and LifeFone seemed to have good reviews. Also, the price was competitive. There was a lot of monitoring systems out there that people had a lot of trouble with and I didn’t see any of those types of reviews on LifeFone so, we went with them. My mom had been in the hospital and she had 24/7 care with me being here during the day and we had home health aides in the evening to stay with her. Her prognosis improved so, we went to me staying over here during the day and then she has the fall detection monitor at night to replace the folks who were coming over. The only way that I can leave in the evening is that I know she’s got that on.

I don’t live that far from her. Our instruction is to call me first if she does not respond and then, I can be over here in less than five minutes. Usually, when the monitor goes off, my mom is in bed and she said that the reps were very courteous. They would ask her if she was okay and she would tell them yes. I told her that it means that it’s working. The gentleman I talked with prior to signing on explained how the pendant worked. It has a gyroscope in there and the other thing as far as what might set it off falsely. So, that gave us a little bit more information than what we were getting just reading what was online. We got the device in the middle of November last year and I’m very satisfied at this point. I hope it stays that way.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I fell in the tub. I was leaning on the soap dish and the soap dish came out of the wall with quarter of the wall, so I fell. I didn't hurt myself but I ended up on the floor and I couldn't move. Nobody was in the house and the ones that were up here didn't hear me. I was calling for help for about over an hour. Finally, my landlady came home and I yelled for her and she came right down. The tenants came down and they wanted to pick me up. I said I didn't want anyone to pick me up but the police because the tenants all had back troubles. The police came and they got me out of the tub in no time at all. I didn't hurt anything, but it was a terrible experience. The cop said I gotta get a LifeFone because I wouldn't have waited five minutes if I had that.

Also, I got sickly after that and I ended up in the hospital. My son came and found out about it and he right away got me the LifeFone. It has been wonderful with their customer service reps and they call right away. One time, the device went off and I them I was sorry and that I didn't know what triggered it to go off. They told me to not worry about it and that as long as I was all right. They also asked if I was all right. They were very nice. Also, I fell one time and I had the phone hanging on the door. A friend of mine came in next door and I told her to get me the phone and she did. I pressed it and they came right away and they helped me up in two seconds. I never have it hanging on the door again. I wear it on my neck all the time now.

It has been working very nicely although it only works in the house. But it's no problem. I'm usually with someone when I go out and if I'm not, I'm in town or I'm with people. There are always people I know I would get help. If anyone asks about LifeFone, I would encourage them to get it. I have encouraged my friend who just called me now and she's thinking about it. She lives in the house with her daughter, but they go away sometimes and she should have it because she has a heart condition.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have a 91-year-old mother who was widowed and she still lives on her own and I live 200 miles away. And for my peace of mind, I got her a medical alert system from LifeFone. We love LifeFone. It gives me a great sense of security. We know that it works because we found out from trial and error. My mom is also hard of hearing and one day, she had her hearing aids out and she was brushing her teeth and her necklace was bumping against the sink and she didn’t realize it. She also didn’t hear the voice talking to her because she did not have her hearing aids in. And when she walked into the living room, the EMS and the police were there. It was a good experience because we knew it worked. My mom lives in a small town of 700 people, so the police department and the EMS were really excited to see how that system worked also because they had never witnessed it. So, it was a good test run for everybody.

One time when I was visiting her, she got the new replacement because the batteries were running down. So, I had to call the team at LifeFone and activate it. I talked with an associate then and I said, “My mother would have to do this sometimes on her own. Is this gonna be a problem?” And the associate said that they would take the time and really work with her. And as a matter of fact, that happened and my mom is not a tech savvy person at all, and they were very patient with her and they taught her to drop it and activate it and made sure everything worked before they hung up with her.

My mom feels safer because of the GPS on it, too. An older lady comes and takes her shopping and she takes the little GPS phone type thing with her on her purse so if they ever have problems, they can always be located. Also, we were concerned of making sure that the signals worked because she lives in a small farming community. But, we never have a problem with the signals. Everything has been great, and I recommend LifeFone to everybody.

Original review: July 4, 2018

We switched between two different locations and phone numbers and so, every couple of weeks I have to call LifeFone and that took a little while to work out, but it did. We haven't tested it at really far distances from the unit, but we're happy with it because we did extend it for a second year. They told us to call in whenever we want to verify if it's working to see if it had switched over to the new location and phone number, and that works pretty good. I can call 24 hours a day. But sometimes I tend to get people that don’t seem to have any idea what they're doing. So for the last 10 times, I just called in normal business hours and I got a more experienced human being.

I've told Tom that if he's outside and has a problem, he can hit his buzzer and I can clear it here and go outside. Like right now he's out on a piece of equipment and if he was to fall and I wouldn’t know it, he can hit his buzzer, I can get out there and I still won't be involving the LifeFone people, but I'm using it as an alert here. When we got it, he was alone part of the time but now, he's not alone. Also, Tom has Parkinson's, so he has a really soft voice. When we have tested it, we know where the base unit is and I've had him be like 30 or 40 feet away, and the salesman said that the person that’s on the either end can boost up the receiver and should be able to hear him even if he's not talking very loud. And I don’t think it's quite as good as they advertised.

LifeFone response

Many thanks for the feedback Dena, we're pleased to hear you're satisfied with LifeFone, If there is anything we can improve we're here for you 24 hrs/7 days of the week.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I used to have a different medical alert device but we had bad luck with them. They were very rude in customer service and my sister, who did a lot of my affairs, kept waiting and waiting to contact them but nobody would answer. When I used them the fist time because I had fallen, it took a long time before they finally answered. Then when I had fallen again on the same day, I never got a hold of them. My sister said it was ridiculous, so we changed to LifeFone. So far, they've been pretty good from what contact I've had with them. I also feel secure having the device because I have something that I can rely on. It's something you don't wanna admit that you have to have, so it's better not to think about it.

I got the arm watch. Its top is black and the alarm part is white. One day, when I was looking around in my bed, I found the the black part of my watch and it came apart. I got it attached and I hope it lasts. Then my sister said not to worry about it, that we could send it back in, and they'd send another one. But as much as we have to pay a month, they should get better arm products. Other than that, LifeFone's reps are very good when they need scheduling for routine check-up. It's also very good when something comes on and the device would power off and power on. They're very good on that part, so that makes me feel better because it shows the alarm is working right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I lost my husband a couple of years ago and I’m still living in my home. My son wanted me to have the ability to get 911 immediately or him or anybody, so he got me the LifeFone. When I tested it, their response was immediate and the reps who came on the line were friendly. They were concerned and wanna help if they needed to. I wear the device around my neck and I don't like it very much. But I feel safer knowing that I have it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I fell so I needed to have a medical alert device. I've had LifeFone for about a year. But I don't feel that I’m gonna have to use it. I wear it around my neck but I don’t use it at night.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I've had a bad experience with LifeFone. I use a walker and I have a disability situation going, and when I first got LifeFone, we got a lesser setup. Then after about a month, we changed and put in a a little larger one. But when we did get an alert, they could not find my information because they never recorded the fact that I had gone from one station to an upgraded one. So that was a problem. On top of that, the experience when dealing with their reps was very poor. At one point, a good friend went down there and they blamed her for not knowing what was going on. She went back and forth, and they had words. He was telling her she was wrong. Then she found out they had no record of the change of systems. So it turned out to be a waste of time for her to spend about 45 minutes trying to get through. The person she talked to was not very nice either and she told him that.

I also got a new watch band but I had the watch fall out of the band, which was the trouble I had with the first one. So this watch band is the same as the watch band that I sent in. With the first band, I had found the watch on the floor and the watch band without the watch on my wrist. That was the first experience. I've also been so afraid to use the other pendant because it seems like half of the time that I try to pick it up, it goes off.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a LifeFone because I’m home alone all day. It makes me feel that I do have help if I need it. One time, I had accidentally set it off and they checked to see if I was okay.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I live alone in a big old farmhouse out in the country. My kids got me a LifeFone. Thus far, I have had to call it once and have help come to get me up when I fell in a snowbank. I've also had their team respond when something gets tangled in the cord of the device when I'm sleeping. I try to get that undone and that makes the signal to them. I feel very comfortable with the device knowing I’ve got it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I’ve tested my LifeFone twice since I’ve had it and the response time was sufficient. I feel very comfortable with the button and I’m glad I have it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was told I could have a LifeFone because my wife does a lot of falling. In fact, she has fallen twice and I used the button to get help. The response time could be a little bit quicker though. The time it took for me to get to talk to the person at the other end felt like 30 seconds. That seems like a long time when you’re in that situation but it really isn’t. Everything else has been great though.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I got a LifeFone due to my age and the fact that I live by myself. I like the mobility with LifeFone. I can wear it wherever I go, not just in the house but when shopping and other things as well. It goes where I go. I wear it on my neck and it’s tolerable in terms of comfort. I feel more secure now. I do testing once a month and I get a quick response.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’m normally by myself and I work by myself. I had a stroke about a year and a half ago, and my son wanted a LifeFone even though it’s only local. I haven’t used it yet as I haven’t really needed it, but so far so good. I bumped it one day and I hit the call button, and they called were pretty prompt about it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have very weak knees and LifeFone is where I'd gotten help for my knees. I've been doing just fine with it. It's very helpful and it's very satisfying for me to have help with my knees.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My kids wanted me to have a LifeFone because I’m here most of the time by myself. I have not needed it for an emergency. But what bothers me is it’s really easy to accidentally set off and they were simple things. I had picked up a pile of stuff and it must have hit up against the necklace. One time, I was at the sink and I was doing dishes. I don’t know if I hit up against the counter when I was doing them. In total, since I’ve gotten it, I've set it off five times. And I think that’s a lot.

The last time here, when it went off, I was getting aggravated. We went through what we had to go through, name, address, and all this. There's nothing going on. And the rep asked, “Can I help you in any other way?” I said, “I don’t think so.” My daughter says there’s nothing and I don’t press anything or do anything to the machine when it goes off. But it gives it a little bit of time, like 5 to 10 minutes and then it comes back and asks me the questions. And I don’t like that. I hope I could press the little round thing and as soon as it goes off and there’s nothing wrong, I can talk to somebody, and that would be it. But my kids are very happy that I have it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

LifeFone is wonderful and I wanna keep it. People who live alone here call in every morning to make sure they know that you’re okay. If you don’t call in, they call back to see what’s going on. I wasn’t hearing too good and I didn’t hear the phone, so they came through the door. I have pushed the button for a LifeFone and the two guys from the gate here at the country club came in and had an ambulance take me to Eisenhower Medical Center for a couple of days of observation. So, it works fine and I’m very happy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My husband can’t get around very well. He doesn't walk well, he's not strong on his legs and he falls. Sometimes, he would punch the button on his medical alert device but he didn’t mean to and the LifeFone team would come on the line and see what was the matter. Everybody was nice about it and everything was taken care of. Having the device makes both of us feel safer. We're fortunate he has not needed it so that's great but he's got it if he does. We're pleased with LifeFone.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We went to a site on the internet and it gave LifeFone good reviews. We've known about this type of product, and I was interested in getting it for my mom. She's happy with it. She got it a few weeks ago and she tried to test it and it works great.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My dad had a fall and I'm not home in the evening because I work, so I decided to get LifeFone's medical alert device for him. They are an outstanding company and when I talked to their reps, they knew their stuff and they cared about us as customers. And any time I've interacted with them had been an excellent experience. Knowing that we have the device makes me feel good, too. We also got the GPS one, so when my dad goes out by himself, I feel like he's protected.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My grandson got a LifeFone for me. Their rep set the alarm off when we first set it up just to tell the response team that it works. I just keep it but it kinda makes my neck sore. So far, my experience has been good.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

The first LifeFone I got did not work because it was not compatible with my landline, and I mailed it back two days ago. I received the new one and so far, it’s working. I’m not that good with tech stuff, but I had no trouble setting it up. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I wear the LifeFone wristwatch 24 hours a day. My wife died about a month ago and I’m now living alone in the apartment. I feel it necessary to have that available to me. I also use it away from the apartment. When we first got the system, we tested it and the response was good. I live in a retirement community, but I’m in independent living apartment so I feel much more comfortable having the alert system. I’m sure my kids feel a lot safer, too. I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I got a medical alert device as a preventative measure and I had friends who had LifeFone. The LifeFone person I went to was also very nice. He explained everything and made the onboarding process easier. I would recommend him. I would tell others to talk to him and see what they want to do. Although I would rather not have the LifeFone device, it gives me support if I need it. Plus my kids wanted it. It works and everything is fine.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

People at LifeFone called me and asked me a few questions. At first, I told them no. But then they told me what could happen if I should fall again. I could get help. Then they sent me a life alert system, which I got a few days ago. It’s very good and I would tell others to get it. I’m happy to know that it may save my life and in not having it, things could go wrong.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I wear my LifeFone device around my neck and it’s comfortable. So far, I’m adjusting to it and accepting it. I’m living alone, I’m 92 years old, and my daughter thought it was time for me to have it. I would recommend LifeFone to other people.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My daughter got me a LifeFone while I was in the hospital. She told me that had something that I could wear around my neck or wrist and that I should be wearing it at all times. Since having it, I don't even know that I have it on. It gives me a lot of confidence.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My husband started working the evening hours and he doesn't get home until 11:30 at night. It was recommended that I get a medical alert device and we decided to get one from LifeFone. Everybody there has been very nice and helpful. I got two devices from them, a watch and a necklace. I wear the necklace when I go to the shower and the watch when I go to bed. I have them on at all times when my husband isn't here. Since getting the devices, I've felt safer. I tested the devices when I got them and got a quick response from LifeFone's team.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I’m 81 and my sister is 88. She’s a little wobbly on her feet. LifeFone would call a lot so I finally took their medical alert device. However, they wanted us to put it together. They were instructing us on the phone and we couldn’t do it. There is a little piece of plastic at the end and we ought to put it in the box and the machine. Though we understood what they were saying, we couldn't find the hole where the wire goes. It's too much trouble and I want to send the whole thing back. It's just laying in the box.

LifeFone response

Thank you, Ms. Balatri for taking the time to speak with me. You expressed concerns about the original service that was ordered and how it was too complicated for you and your sister to hook up. I'm glad I was able to provide you with a much simpler system to hook up that still suits the needs of you and your sister. LifeFone is very pleased to have you and your sister as our valued customers and will always thrive to bring you both the service that you expect and deserve. If you have any issues and/or concerns feel free to reach out to our team at anytime since we are here 24/7 for all questions or concerns at 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had a very good experience interacting with the reps from LifeFone. They answered all my questions. I liked the discussion I had with them and found the price of their device and service acceptable. Thus far, I'm satisfied with LifeFone.

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

Ensure independence and safety for any lifestyle with in-home and on-the-go options. Round-the-clock U.S. coverage has provided over 40 years of reliable service that’s recognized and recommended by doctors and hospitals.

• 40+ years of experience: Almost a half-century of providing reliable care and emergency medical assistance.

• 24/7 care: Dedicated, kind and professional operators are available 24/7 to ensure your safety.

• 30-day guarantee: Return your equipment within the first 30 days for a full refund.

• Consumer-friendly policies: Equipment is guaranteed for lifetime subscribers, plus spouses are protected for free. Cancel anytime.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information