toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ms. Truckenbrodt,

I am so pleased to hear about your experience with LifeFone. We strive to provide Peace of Mind to our subscribers and their family members. LifeFone thanks you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I've had LifeFone for a long time and my experience with it has been good. I have no problem with it. I'm a little older and by myself and LifeFone makes me feel more secure. I always wear it around my neck and it is comfortable. I've only used it once back in New York and they were good in responding when I called to check it. I'd recommend it for anybody living alone or being old like I am. It's one of those things I wouldn't be without. I have it right by my bed and I put it on in the morning when I get up until I go to bed.

I know a few people who had a LifeFone, like my sister. Then I fell and I have a real bad heart condition, I have COPD, diabetes, and a lot of different things. The family thought that I needed to have LifeFone. So my son ordered it and had it sent to me. I've been falling a lot lately, but there's always been somebody to help me get up. I haven't had to use the device but I test it at least once a month and maybe more. LifeFone's people have always been really nice and very cooperative if I ever did contact them for anything or any reason. My family has more peace of mind and they're happy with it and so I'm certainly happy with it as well.

Ms. Huntley,

We thank you for valued response and are very glad that we were able to assist you when needed. Lifefone is here to keep you safe and give both you and your loved ones Peace of Mind.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I live alone, and for safety, it was wiser to have something that I could rely on, and my children didn't have to worry quite as much about me. That's why we decided to get a LifeFone which goes all over the United States. I wear it as a bracelet and it's comfortable. I've had it for three years now and have used it three times already. Their team came in a timely manner.

I love LifeFone. My friend’s mother had a LifeFone and they were from New York. When the time came that I was by myself, he felt that it’s what I needed so he got it for me. It’s been great and I wear it all the time as a wrist band rather than a pendant. The pendant was in the way and the only time I take it off with the wristband is when I take a shower or shampoo my hair. I’ve been wearing it a good while now and I had fallen several times and it really means a lot. I haven’t had to use it as I’ve managed to get up.

I have macular degeneration and my vision is very, very poor almost to the point of I just see light and that’s about it. Though I realize LifeFone’s biggest push has to do with “Help, I can’t get up,” it has made me feel secure for a lot of reasons. I live alone, 90 years old, and I don’t have anyone other than dear friends and they’re getting far and few in between as well. For me, LifeFone means being able to be in touch with somebody. Not just to call the police but especially if I didn’t know what I should do.

It could be used for other things as well and it is true there’s somebody there to talk to. I discontinued my cellphone because I’m not driving anymore then my landline went out and I didn't know what to do because I have a friend who calls frequently. I called LifeFone and told them my situation and asked them if they could call and tell her I’m fine but my telephone is out and then ask her to call the telephone company. It was a tremendous help and I am totally and completely satisfied. I really don’t have any problems about it at all and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter found LifeFone on the internet and told me about it. I got one and it's very convenient. They're very good about getting somebody out here if I need them. I got the mailing in the payment yesterday and it was $3.95 which I thought was high. Other than that, I'd give LifeFone the highest ranking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Ms. Miriam,

Thank you for taking the time out to speak to me. I am thankful that you have never had to use the service in an actual emergency. When speaking to you, you have a clear understanding of how the system actually works and are aware that it takes less that 60 seconds for a response. We thank you for choosing LifeFone and we value you as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I'm 92 years old, I live in a retirement center, and my children are out of town at times, so I need something in case of an emergency. I wanted a device with the GPS because I don't drive anymore but I take a bus at times to go shopping or go to my physician. The LifeFone team is very friendly. However, it takes a long time for them to answer. I call them when I have a problem with the phone, and I check in every month to make sure it's charged. I haven't had to call for any help, but I know I have the device in case I do need it. I'm also thankful because most of my friends have security just for their apartment, but LifeFone covers me even outside my apartment, and it's what I wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to fall a lot. The people from LifeFone that I talked to were nice and knowledgeable when I checked my system to see if it worked or not. Having my LifeFone makes me feel a little better and more comfortable when I'm alone or walking around by myself or when I take a shower or wash. I like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had LifeFone for a year now and they've been good. If I call for any kind of service, they always reply very nicely. They could sense that I was upset about something because I don't know how to work the phone that well, and they were helpful in calming me down. I had a band and a necklace that I could wear in the shower, and that was my biggest thing because I never go anywhere by myself. So, I always have somebody with me. Right now I've gotten so much better so I am planning on canceling it. I'd really hate to do so but it makes me nervous to always know that somebody could come in and push some button and I won't know it and call an ambulance. Plus I'm living in a nursing home so I don't need that much supervision. But overall I couldn't imagine any other company doing more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen and fractured my hip. My daughter came and stayed with me then when I was able to get around on my own, I told her to go home. She then got a LifeFone for me. After the doctors released me to drive my car, she told me to keep the LifeFone device because I might need it sometime. I haven’t used the device yet but a couple of times, when my electricity kept going off, LifeFone called to check up on me. They've been on top of that. And so far I'm very satisfied with the device.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m glad I got the LifeFone. I can call someone and don’t have to worry if I fall. One night, I didn’t know that the alarm went off. The weather forecast said that we could have severe storms during the night. I have one of those radio weather alerts that goes off whenever there’s a storm in the area or something in the vicinity. I was sound asleep and I heard something. My alert system for my LifeFone is in the kitchen and I was in the bedroom so I got to the hall. I still couldn’t hear it so I came all the way to the kitchen.

When I got there, I looked at my weather radio and that's not what's going off. Then I realized it was my LifeFone. It said "Emergency! Emergency!" and the rep was checking if I was okay. I said I was fine and I told my daughter that I hope they'd call my kids first before they call the fire department, the ambulance or somebody to come and check on me. If somebody comes in to my bedroom at night to see if I was alright it would scare the living daylights out of me because they know what’s the code to get in and get the key to get in here. But I'd definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I stopped using my previous medical alert service because I felt that they were not really alert. I feel more confident with LifeFone. Everything went smoothly the few times I've had to call them, and I haven't had any problems. I've fallen several times and I needed a service like theirs to help me if I'm alone. I know that I can call them, I feel confident that they will respond, and they do. Last week, I hit the button that was around my neck by mistake, and they responded right away. I'm satisfied with their service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My niece went and purchased a LifeFone device for me. I only had to use it once, and was glad that I did. I clunked my head so much and hurt myself, and a lot of people that LifeFone sent came, and saw that I wasn't hurt at all. They were very good. I would recommend LifeFone to a friend.

Good Morning Iris,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on behalf of your friend it means a great deal to us. We are glad to know that when he is wearing the pendant he feels safe as this is what we strive for as we value him as our customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

My friend, Rey, is all by himself. He had a fall about a little more than a year ago. He got a LifeFone and he puts it on when nobody is with him and it makes him feel more comfortable. When he's got it on, he knows if something happens he can mash the button of the device. He likes the device and he has never complained as well about the LifeFone team members.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a LifeFone since I'm very old and there's a risk of falling. Also, I don't see very well, which is something that's been occurring gradually. I'm losing my eyesight. I'm glad I have it. I haven't had an emergency where I've had to call them, but I bumped it a few times and I’ve inadvertently set it off, and the response has been very quick. As a matter of fact, I was in another room and I thought I was hearing voices, and then I realized what it was, so then I responded to it. There was a beep and then the voice came on immediately. I want that immediate response in a real emergency. I'm very satisfied with LifeFone. It's amazing how fast their response is when I set the alarm off by mistake. They're very concerned, and they make sure everything is all right before they get off. Additionally, they know my name which is always nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got COPD and I was having problems breathing, so I got a LifeFone. Having it makes me feel a bit safer. If I need an ambulance, LifeFone team will send somebody. Had a very good experience with them, except that it takes such a long time for them to answer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My family lives out of town and they were the ones who set up my LifeFone for me. When my husband died, my daughter and her husband talked to me about getting something. My daughter insisted because she lives in North Carolina and can't get to me immediately. I'm able to walk around and everything, but I've had too many friends of mine fall. In fact one of my friends in my apartment building who already passed away fell and broke her hip. But her neighbor was on her Lifeline and was able to go right across the hall to her.

As for me, I feel more secure that I have the device. LifeFone answers quickly as soon as I push the button. There was one time when I was in the kitchen and I realized I pushed the button. And as soon as they answered it, I told them it was a mistake and they were very wonderful about it. Fortunately I have not cared to use it for an experience of any kind. I sometimes have trouble breathing, so I'm grateful I have the device. I used to have a little phone that my husband and I carry with us, because we usually have to drive to the doctor's office. But I like my LifeFone better and I wear it all the time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It took LifeFone a long time to get on the phone. I called them a few days ago and it said, "This is a recording." And they kept saying, "Emergency, emergency." I could be dead by the time they got through with saying that. But they were nice and the rep asked if I needed help and I said, "No, I was just checking my system." Their response time is not really good and I almost changed companies, but then I didn't because of their price. I had one that I was gonna change to and the price was higher so I stayed with LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have only the best experiences with LifeFone. I'm very satisfied with their service. I got a medical alert service because a dear friend told me that since I'm 88 years old, I should have something. I live next door to my cousin in a senior residence, and I always thought that we're in touch with one another all the time during the day and into the evening sometimes, but my friend was right that I needed something. My cousin and I both have LifeFone and we recommended them to a friend who also bought it.

I call LifeFone once a month to make sure everything is working and they're very prompt. In fact, I call to make sure that my wristlet is working, and shortly after, I had to call to make sure that the GPS part is working also, but I don't have to call them anymore. They call me. I feel like I am terrible at taking the GPS with me. I don't have it with me all the time and it's really stupid of me to be so negligent. I live in a brand new 22 million dollar senior building that doesn't have a dining room, so I have to walk outside to another building to have a meal.

I need to have that GPS with me and I am guilty of the same thing that one of my friends did when she went to a hotel. She had to leave this beautiful building and go to a hotel because we're having problems with moisture. She wears a pendant around her neck, but she didn't take it with her and she had a terrible experience. She fell off a couch. She suffered needlessly because she didn't do the right thing. The man who represents LifeFone here helped her out and he took care of it to make sure she has one. The GPS part of her operation was in another room and she couldn't get up by herself. Finally, after an hour, she had to get up which proves the point of the sale. A person needs something all the time no matter where he or she is. So, since her experience happened, I'm trying to be more cognizant, and now, the last thing I do before I go out the door is to take the GPS with me.

Ms. Walawender,

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. We are pleased that you are satisfied with service that LifeFone provides. We want to always meet and exceed your expectations. There are many other companies and the fact that you choose LifeFone means a great deal. Thank you for your continued service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

My son is with me but he's hardly here so sometimes I'm alone and I fall once in a while. I got the LifeFone and so far, I'm doing good with it. I feel safer, and I don't have to worry because I got it here. The people at LifeFone are very friendly and they answer right away. I have used a different medical alert before and I like LifeFone. It's the best. It's very good to have and I recommend it to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's nice to have LifeFone even though somebody's with Marilyn all the time. We got it in case she'd fall when we're not home. The LifeFone team has been quick in responding. Then as soon as they find out everything's okay, it's great. Since having it, she has more peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father was 95 when he got the LifeFone device because he fell when he was trying to change his tire out in the driveway and I was in the house. I wasn’t really happy when he got hurt. My sister and I appreciate the LifeFone a lot but he'd get rid of it in a heartbeat. He struggles a little bit when it’s the test mode but I do it for him once a month, which is not a problem. He’s 96 years old now and I don’t expect him to be real savvy. We had a problem with the unit itself but they sent us a new one and it was here within a couple days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Last October, I had a stroke and I was alone. My kids found me finally and made me have a medical alert all the time. It's a safety thing for me. Everything's been fine with LifeFone. I have already told my sister-in-law all about the device and I'm very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I told my husband that my doctor suggested getting a LifeFone, then he took over from there and paid for this year's. I accidentally pushed the button leaning over the washer and it was scary because I live alone. But other than that, I haven't had to use it. It's wonderful and I have an access to it but I don't wear it when I go out because I don't feel like I need it around my neck in a restaurant or church because I'm with people and it doesn't reach that far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My LifeFone experience has been great. When my cat walked over and stepped on the phone which was set up on the table, their people called me right away and asked if everything was alright. It is a convenience and makes me much more comfortable at 95 to have something that I can call with when something comes up. I'm very happy with LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone had helped me a lot. I'm on a walker and when I go over to the grocery store and get my groceries and stuff, I wanted something along with me so in case something happens, I can use my LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used another medical alert service that I got somewhere in Utah. When I called their number a human voice came on right quick but that one didn't have the ability to go with me in my car where I go. That's why I changed to LifeFone. However, when they're connecting me it's so loud I can't hear the operator. It's very annoying because I can't talk to him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have muscular dystrophy and my husband has ALS. We fell and were on the floor in the house for four hours before someone could get in and find us. So our son researched medical alert services and found that LifeFone was the best. The only time we've had to use the button or talk to anybody was when they check us out once a month to make sure it's working, and it's always fine. I also had to talk with them to change our telephone number and it was a pleasant experience.

Good Morning Mrs. Wehking,

LifeFone thanks you for such wonderful review. It's stories like these that make what we do all worth it. I thank you for choosing Lifefone and for trusting your loved one to us.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

My husband fell, broke his leg and pressed the LifeFone button and they came on immediately. I was in the other room and he was out on the breeze way so I didn't know he fell. I didn't hear him call me but the LifeFone started talking and I heard the rep and came to the phone. She told me my husband had pressed his button and I ran out there. She called the ambulance and told me to stay calm. Everything went fine and it was a real good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone is the first medical alert service that I have had. Four years ago I looked into getting a unit. I called our main medical supply place and talked to them about the system they recommend. I also talked to the hospital where I had just gotten out of after a really terrible scenario. It was something that happened to me where I could have used that alert and inquired about the system that they recommended but neither of these systems have a mobile unit. I slipped on the ice and fractured my femur and hip. I laid there for half an hour in 20 degrees. But before another tenant happened to come out, I didn't even realize I had my cellphone in my purse that I'm just unused to using it.

I started carrying my cellphone a 100% of the time. Night and day it was attached to me until a year ago when some issues came up with my health for the first time ever. I had a small stroke which affected one of my eyes and later found out that I have an irregular heartbeat. So now I take all this medicine and I feel worse than I ever felt. And because I live alone, we decided that having the alert system was a good idea. My daughters showed me various systems that she had run paperwork off the internet to show me what was available. I liked the looks of LifeFone so this is what we picked, and they arranged to get it.

Once, I had a false alarm when the mobile device was in my purse and I accidentally bumped it in the shopping cart and it went off. I was in the Walmart parking lot with a shopping cart full of stuff. And this thing in my purse was making horrible sounds. I discovered it was me. LifeFone came on and the rep was beyond thorough making sure that I was okay.

My daughter got me two pendants and one time one of them didn't test well. I called customer service about that. I also called them one time when I first got the set and the device battery charger wasn't exactly as described in the information booklet. One light kept staying on all the time. The lady I talked to didn't know the answer but researched it with somebody and was able to help me. I'm extremely happy with Lifefone. It keeps everybody's mind at ease that I've got it, especially if something happens. I also wear the pendant 100% all the time.

I've had LifeFone for almost 10 years now. I'm 94 years old and I'm all by myself. I wanted some security just in case I need it and I feel more secure with LifeFone. The only thing is, as I got older my wrist got thinner and the Velcro on my wristband was becoming bigger. So I kept cutting down and the next thing, I ran out of Velcro. I called and asked if they have a smaller diameter wristband and they did send me one so I'm all set with this now.

LifeFone Company Profile