Call toll free
4.71/5
Based on 166 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

627 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

People kept telling me I got to get a LifeFone, so I got it. I actually bought another brand and I didn't go back to them 'cause I didn't like it. It was $105 up to $200-something. I pay LifeFone once a year in full. The button helps a lot because when I don't feel well, I go right to the hospital. I use it quite often, about every six months, 'cause I have emphysema. And it's very important, so I don't have any hesitation about to go to the hospital or not. All that I do is push the button and I never had to call or text them. It's very good and I agree with it 100%. Everything works for me very well, even in transition up to here. I changed my address and I've only been in this house about four days, I used it and the ambulance got here right away. It works fine.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My brother has suffered from dementia and he may be here sometimes during the day and sometimes part of the night by himself. But usually somebody is in and out during the day. So, we got him a LifeFone. However, because of his dementia, he will take the device off. He also said that it's heavy around his neck so he doesn't have it on. But it will only respond if he has it on. He had a medical alert in the past and I kinda like that one better because a couple of times when he didn't have it on, they called and wanted to know what was wrong.

The one time that I had to call LifeFone was when I came here and my brother was really, really sick. I pushed the button and talked to somebody on the phone. The policeman was here in five minutes and when he saw what my need was, he called for an ambulance. It was another 15 minutes before I got the ambulance and got him where he could get an ambulance and go. I don't know what their criteria is but the policeman had to re-call because I said I didn't call LifeFone. Nonetheless, our experience with LifeFone has been good.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My uncle got a LifeFone for my mom because she wouldn't let me get it. When I’m not around, she wears the pendant on her, puts it next to her bedroom when she goes to sleep and hangs it up next to her when in the shower. Things have been fine every time we talk to LifeFone. However, when we're doing the testing, the phone rings a lot before they pick up. Nevertheless, I would recommend them.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I was losing my balance a lot, and my grandson got LifeFone for me. My device went off a couple of times and I had a policeman appear at the door to make sure I was all right. I just had hit it by accident and the LifeFone team said, “Okay, we understand.” I would recommend LifeFone to friends and tell them it’s great.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I wear my LifeFone device around my neck, and it’s very comfortable. I had mini strokes and I had to call the ambulance, and everything worked out really good. The people at LifeFone responded very quickly. I’d recommend LifeFone highly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I'm left alone and my daughter hated to see me that way. She got a LifeFone medical alert device for me and since then I've felt comfortable. I wear the device but I really don't feel that I have it on. Overall, I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

c in the little time I've used it and been with it.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The service with LifeFone has been great, but I want to cancel it because I have my pacemaker now and so I'm doing better. I had a heart failure and I was on the process of doing a transplant with. I'm living by myself with two children. And so, my mom made me get one because if anything were to happen I would have it on me. I chose LifeFone because of its price. Having one gave peace fo mind. I talk to my eight-year old and so if anything happens, then I can push this button. And I showed her how to do it, too. We did the test and a person came on and they were really nice about it. When my daughter pushed the button, they were always nice about it. However, I wished they would answer a little bit faster, but they were fine.

Still, If you do need it, the device is a great thing to have. It is there but you don't realize it is there. The service with LifeFone has been great, but I want to cancel it because I have my pacemaker now and so I'm doing better. Overall, however, I'm pretty much satisfied with it.

Original review: June 4, 2018

When I fell before, the kids were getting ready to bury my 102-year old mother-in-law, and they kept calling and said, “Mom, are you packed? Are you ready to roll?” I could hear ‘em but I kept saying, “No, I’m not packed. I’m on the floor. I had slipped in the bathroom on some water that I didn’t see." And so, I crawled up, thinking I could get my hand on the bed and pull myself up. No. I stayed there for two and a half days.

They heard all of that, and Pam said, “Get her something.” I’m glad they ran across LifeFone because anytime I’ve needed them, they’ve been here. I have one of these chairs that make out my bed and I had slipped and fell and my arms at that time didn’t have any strength in ‘em. So, I called and said, “I’m not hurt. I’m just on the floor. I can’t get up ‘cause my arms won’t pull me up or push me up. And so, I just need somebody to come pull me up and put me back in my chair.” A couple girls and a man came in, took care of that real quick and off they went. They’re very good. It doesn’t matter where you’re at. I’ve been fortunate that everything that’s happened to me has been in the house.

LifeFone has been very good to me. One time, they called me about midnight and I said, “Why are you calling me? You woke me up out of a sound sleep.” “Well, your device went off.” I figured out that when I rolled over, I wore the necklace at that time and it would go between the girls. One girl would push it to the other girl when I rolled over, and it went off then.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I got cancer, and I needed people around to help around the house. My LifeFone is there if I need it, and I'm satisfied. Once in a while, it will click on for no reason at all and they say they aren't checking it out, which is strange. But I've spoken to their reps and it's been fine.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My daughter's pressure led me to get a medical alert device and I got one from LifeFone. Since then, I had some medical issues. I've spoken with their rep, Monty, and he was very helpful. Their reps also answered my questions in the past. Then, I activated the system a month ago and I was very pleased with their response. They were timely and efficient and everything worked out fine. However, I would like to have a quarterly bill sent to my address because I don't receive one and I have to copy an old bill and send it in that way. Other than that, I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I’m disabled and so I have a medical alert in case something happens. Having LifeFone makes me feel safer. I've tested the button and the response was immediate. They're also very easy to talk to.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I'm in my 80s and I was living alone so I got a LifeFone to please my kids. LifeFone's reps respond quickly and I'm not dissatisfied at all. It's a nice thing and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My husband has fallen a couple of times. When the medics came last time, they said that they felt that we should get a LifeFone and so we followed their advice. Since getting the device, everything has been fine and we feel very much at ease. However, he used to have the watch-type device and since he has a workshop out in the garage, he kept hitting the device when working. When that happens, we would get a call from LifeFone asking if everything was all right. Since then, he started wearing the device on his neck. I've been wearing mine all the time as well.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I’m living alone and I had a stroke. My children picked out LifeFone and it's been with me for a year and a half. I had to check the battery one time and they called me, and it was fine. The rep was very nice and cordial. It was a good experience.

Original review: May 24, 2018

One time I was getting on the bus from the town and I couldn’t make the steps as they were too steep. I had to push the LifeFone buzzer from outside and I thought there would be a response with the outside one, but nobody responded. So I was unsure of what to do, but we were next door to the police department and before I knew it, the police and the ambulance were here. I didn’t need the ambulance because I wasn’t hurt but they made me since I was getting on a township bus. They wanted to protect themselves so I had X-rays taken because I had previously fallen a few times. They responded quickly, though if I had read the instructions, I would have known they don’t verbally respond.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I live alone and I got a medical device to make sure that I can call people for help if I fall. I don’t use my LifeFone much. I don’t have a need for it. I have a lot of people coming here on a regular basis. But it’s a back-up just in case I do fall so I feel good with it being there to take care of my needs if I need it. I hit it once by mistake and the team responded within a few seconds.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Based on some google searches and a little research, LifeFone sounded like it was one of the better options. Their price was one of the more competitive ones but it still had the options that we wanted. Their reps were good, knowledgeable and very helpful. However, I could have used a bit more help in making sure that the account was set up. They just led me to do it online, but then there was some phone stuff and some of the questions weren’t the same. Bottom line, which one is the most important? Is it the one we talk on the phone, or is it the one we set up online?

When we got the device, there was one issue with one of the pendants. It’s supposed to detect a fall, and we tested it and it didn’t work. Nonetheless, that was fine because they were quick about sending a replacement unit, and that was the only issue we had. Overall, LifeFone gives us a bit more confidence that we’ll be able to communicate with my mother-in-law and get to her when she needs it. So far, she has a bit of confidence with it, but at the same time, regrets having to use it. She's not as independent as she used to be.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I like LifeFone better than our previous service. Number one, it’s the digital kind and number two, it was less expensive than Life Alert. More than anything, the cost was what led us to switch. And another reason that LifeFone worked better was the portability. We could easily switch it from one location to another. My mom was living with my brother but she wasn’t getting very good care. Then she came to our home.

I also had a problem with AT&T. I don’t have very good cellphone coverage here so I was having some concerns about whether or not the button was gonna work all the time. So the tech service people helped me get it connected with this booster device so that I get better coverage. But at first, when I would call, it would take quite a while for the LifeFone people to answer so I was kinda concerned about that. But lately it seems to be better. We do the monthly check to make sure it’s working right. My mom's gonna be 98 next week though, and I’m not really sure if she would remember to use the button if she had a problem. Still, it’s a little added bit of insurance.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I’ve had to use LifeFone several times and the people at LifeFone have had come right back on. The last time, I think it was longer before I had a response. When I had to use it in an emergency, I haven’t had any trouble. I’m 96 years old and I was passing out and I needed help. LifeFone came right back on. I live in a home where I have help here also, and when my alarm system goes off, I understand three of my kids will hear it. And also, the office down here where I stay will hear it. I’ve been happy with LifeFone. Even when I get it turned on in the middle of the night, they call me right away. I learned now that I can turn it off myself. There’s one lady down there that wanted to know how I have my LifeFone and I told her.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’m 88 years old and I’ve been living in a hotel for eight years now. I had a couple of falls and my brother-in-law suggested this LifeFone system a year and a half ago. We had it for a year and then we renewed it when it came due again. I run a test every month and there aren’t any problems, and I’m happy. Also, I've used it a couple of times and the service is everything I expected.

Their emergency response was excellent. When I was getting dressed for a doctor’s appointment at 6:00 in the morning, I grabbed the handle on my bathroom and it came loose and I fell. I called LifeFone and they came right away. I got dressed and made it to the doctor’s appointment with no problem. I always wear the wristwatch and the other device around my neck. If you need something like this, you better get it. LifeFone is among the best from what is being offered in the market.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I haven't needed LifeFone too often but when I did, it was good. When I used the button in an emergency, I got a fast response from their people and I got help right away so I can’t complain about anything. I’ve fallen down three times and I know that if I need something, there’ s somebody who can come.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I've used the LifeFone a couple of times and it worked good. It's just that it's too big and bulky and too much of it. I don't like that part of it at all. The cord looked like a rope that is on. The representative said they had changed that one but they ran out. Still, I'd recommend LifeFone to a friend. And when interacting with the people at LifeFone, everything was fine.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have many falls, a bad back, and my knee gives out constantly. So, I need an alert system in case I couldn't get myself up. I used ADT before which was set up by my insurance company through workers’ compensation and when the payment wasn’t issued by the insurance, they came after me. They made phone calls almost every single day asking for money and it was against the law in California to ask for clients to pay because it was set up by the workers’ compensation insurance. I switched to LifeFone and with this company, everything went smoothly. I have the system for over a year now and right now everything is going great. I'm happy with the service but I would like somebody to call me once a month to make sure the system is still in place with no problem. Other than that, I would recommend LifeFone to others.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My kids decided that I needed a medical alert device since I live alone and I'm 89 years old. I have a LifeFone and I haven't had any trouble at all so far. I walk with a cane so I'm very cautious.

Original review: May 7, 2018

My husband passed away and my kids got LifeFone for me. Their reps call me when my battery is low and so far, my experience with them has been fine.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I have my LifeFone device in my pocket one time when I was lying down on the dresser and it set the alarm off. I don’t like that it’s easy to accidentally press that button on the one that you carry with you. But I test it once in a while and the response so far, was quick and the people were kind and talked nicely. I had a couple of strokes which was why I got one and I'm glad to have it especially with the GPS when I'm away from home.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My mom needed a medical alert device and so I was looking for one online. I found LifeFone and got that for her. It's been good so far.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I’m getting on in years and my wife is out a lot. I have the LifeFone just for home use and I don’t have it to carry around outside. The maids accidentally unplugged it one time and I got a phone call from LifeFone asking if everything was all right because they got a sign that it wasn't working. And then I looked and I saw it was unplugged, so I told them that. I'm charged monthly for their service, but I haven't used it for any emergency yet.

Original review: May 3, 2018

It’s a good idea to have a medical alert device and my LifeFone does a good job. It has a button on it and if I get sick or if I need anybody, all I have to do is push that button and the doctor is out here. Sometimes the LifeFone people call me up and what they say don’t make a bit of sense. But that aside, I like my LifeFone.

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

As part of its commitment to providing emergency services, LifeFone includes a price lock, so the first price charged is the only price a customer will ever pay.

• The equipment is waterproof: Help buttons are waterproof so they can be worn in the shower, one of the most likely places for people to fall.

• There is a lifetime warranty on the equipment: Equipment costs can rapidly drive up the price on a medical alert system. Having a warranty ensures equipment maintenance and replacement when needed.

• There are no activation or equipment fees: LifeFone requires no activation or equipment fees for their annual, quarterly or monthly pricing options. Each billing option also includes a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information