toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ms. Truckenbrodt,

I am so pleased to hear about your experience with LifeFone. We strive to provide Peace of Mind to our subscribers and their family members. LifeFone thanks you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I've had LifeFone for a long time and my experience with it has been good. I have no problem with it. I'm a little older and by myself and LifeFone makes me feel more secure. I always wear it around my neck and it is comfortable. I've only used it once back in New York and they were good in responding when I called to check it. I'd recommend it for anybody living alone or being old like I am. It's one of those things I wouldn't be without. I have it right by my bed and I put it on in the morning when I get up until I go to bed.

I know a few people who had a LifeFone, like my sister. Then I fell and I have a real bad heart condition, I have COPD, diabetes, and a lot of different things. The family thought that I needed to have LifeFone. So my son ordered it and had it sent to me. I've been falling a lot lately, but there's always been somebody to help me get up. I haven't had to use the device but I test it at least once a month and maybe more. LifeFone's people have always been really nice and very cooperative if I ever did contact them for anything or any reason. My family has more peace of mind and they're happy with it and so I'm certainly happy with it as well.

Ms. Huntley,

We thank you for valued response and are very glad that we were able to assist you when needed. Lifefone is here to keep you safe and give both you and your loved ones Peace of Mind.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I live alone, and for safety, it was wiser to have something that I could rely on, and my children didn't have to worry quite as much about me. That's why we decided to get a LifeFone which goes all over the United States. I wear it as a bracelet and it's comfortable. I've had it for three years now and have used it three times already. Their team came in a timely manner.

I love LifeFone. My friend’s mother had a LifeFone and they were from New York. When the time came that I was by myself, he felt that it’s what I needed so he got it for me. It’s been great and I wear it all the time as a wrist band rather than a pendant. The pendant was in the way and the only time I take it off with the wristband is when I take a shower or shampoo my hair. I’ve been wearing it a good while now and I had fallen several times and it really means a lot. I haven’t had to use it as I’ve managed to get up.

I have macular degeneration and my vision is very, very poor almost to the point of I just see light and that’s about it. Though I realize LifeFone’s biggest push has to do with “Help, I can’t get up,” it has made me feel secure for a lot of reasons. I live alone, 90 years old, and I don’t have anyone other than dear friends and they’re getting far and few in between as well. For me, LifeFone means being able to be in touch with somebody. Not just to call the police but especially if I didn’t know what I should do.

It could be used for other things as well and it is true there’s somebody there to talk to. I discontinued my cellphone because I’m not driving anymore then my landline went out and I didn't know what to do because I have a friend who calls frequently. I called LifeFone and told them my situation and asked them if they could call and tell her I’m fine but my telephone is out and then ask her to call the telephone company. It was a tremendous help and I am totally and completely satisfied. I really don’t have any problems about it at all and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody.

My kids took care of everything with getting a LifeFone because I fell down a couple of times. I always hate the kids to be taking care of me like that and giving me stuff. I told them it's just another expense they're taking on but I'll be 92 in April and I've been keeping awful busy. Even I wasn't expecting to get this old but LifeFone gives the feeling of security and that I'm taken care of. I've hit the button accidentally and I've been apologizing when I do because it goes off and LifeFone calls me. But they were very nice about it.

I got a LifeFone because I fell and broke both arms. They've called when I made a mistake with putting my phone down fast and I've been more cautious now. My husband talked to them and they thought that I've fallen but everything was fine. They were very nice when they called and I have not had any problems at all with them. Also, I feel a little more secure and that's what it's all about. I would recommend them to a friend.

My daughter and son got my LifeFone for me and it was very good when I had to use it. Their staff is also very good. I wear it around my wrist and it's been comfortable so far. I recommend it to anybody.

I've had LifeFone for a long time now. My wife and I have gotten pretty old, and our children thought we ought to have something like it. I haven't had any emergencies, but when I've tested it, the LifeFone reps were friendly and knowledgeable.

The people at LifeFone have all been kind and very considerate when I've called in every month to get the phone checked. I had a difficult time because sometimes I can't hear the person who's talking to me but they worked with me which I appreciate. The phone works. I also have the tracker in my pocket even though I am at the house not needing to be tracked. I feel quite comfortable with the system that I have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

I'm by myself now, and my husband passed away. I also walk with a walker. Overall, I would recommend LifeFone. Every time they've talked to me, I don’t know what set the device off but they were quick to call. I have three boys and they feel more comfortable if I have some help in case I should fall. LifeFone gives them peace of mind.

My children were afraid I would fall so I got a LifeFone. I got the one that hangs around my neck and it's not particularly comfortable because it gets in the way. But it's been fine and it's easy to use. I feel better having it and I feel like somebody would come and get me. I would recommend them.

My sister who was a widow and living alone has medical alert device, and that’s where I got the idea. And then, my husband passed away at the end of October, so I talked it over with my son and he was the one who chose LifeFone. I haven’t had to use it, but it’s working fine. I called once at the end of the month to make sure that it was working and the people at LifeFone were really great. I would like to try to go into my bedroom and see if I can close the door and use it at night because it’s so far away. I’d test at the end of the month to check whether it’ll work if I closed the door.

I fell and ended up on the floor for most of the evening. My kids decided I should get something, so if it happens again, somebody would know. I then decided to get a LifeFone. The people at LifeFone were very pleasant on the phone. I paid and then they sent me the product. Then we set my device up. They call us if the meter moves up or down too fast. It rings and they call me and I can tell them if I’m not having a problem. If they call me and I don’t answer, they send a buzz and they have three of my neighbors that have keys to our house to come and get me. I’d recommend LifeFone to somebody.

I got injured at work, and broke my femur bone on my leg. I'm still using a walker and canes, and it's been a long recovery. I'm on workers’ comp right now. I feel really vulnerable if I would fall down again because I live alone. My mother suggested that I get a LifeFone and workers’ comp said they would pay for it. As far as I had contact with their team, it's been great. They have been helpful. It was fairly easy to set up. The manual was very easy to understand, and doing the tests was just fine. So far, it's been a good system. But the remote unit that's set up in my bedroom has a yellow light that blinks all night long, and it drives me crazy. So finally, I turned it upside down on the nightstand. It's very annoying.

My husband is 95 years old and I'm 90, so we needed LifeFone's medical alert service because we live together but not with anybody. I fell and broke my hips, and we used our alert device to get the people at LifeFone out here, and they were here immediately. We've had it for a very long time, and that's the only time that we've used it. They were very prompt, thorough, and good, and we're very happy with our experience with them. We've already told several people about LifeFone and how pleased we are with them. Two people came to see us, and one of them said that he was worried about living alone. We told him about our LifeFone medical alert device and showed it to him, and I told him how much it costs. So, I imagine he'll be getting one for himself, too.

I wear my LifeFone around my neck all the time. I've only used it once and they were here very shortly after. They chase on pretty quickly and the people are friendly.

My daughter ordered the whole thing although years ago, I got one for my husband when he was still alive and that’s how I knew about LifeFone. It is a very good product. I’m happy to have the GPS and that was an extra bonus I got at the time I ordered it. It's something that I can take with me, which makes a lot of sense that I could get help when I'm not at home. I haven’t had an emergency yet but when they were setting it up in the house for me and my daughter and son-in-law, I tested it at that point and I felt so bad because it kept alerting the people. But we had to know that it was done right so it’s all part of it. I’ve been very pleased with it and I have referred it to other friends in the past.

I'm concerned about my husband falling, so we decided to get a LifeFone. He’s fallen a couple of times and they came on pretty quickly. We talked at first through the sound system to see if everyone’s okay and then someone is sent out right away. The device is worn around the neck, and it's perfectly comfortable. Our experience interacting with the people at LifeFone has been wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My LifeFone works 'cause when I pushed it once and it said "Emergency" then I disconnected it. I feel safer with it.

I wear the LifeFone device around my neck. It’s a little bit bulky and sometimes irritating but it’s okay. I only had to push the button just to report and test them out. It's about three or four times then the lady came on and she was friendly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Once a month, I try to call LifeFone to make sure everything's okay with my husband's device. We tested it out and it was fine. I feel better that he has the alert just in case I need to leave for shopping or doctor's appointment. So I feel good that I leave him all alone because he knows to push that button if anything happens. I feel secure that my husband has LifeFone and I think he does, too. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear my LifeFone around my neck all the time and it is comfortable. I also call in once a month to make sure the device works and it's been fine. I'm not sure how they bill me whether it's for three months but when the bill comes, I'll pay it.

A couple of times I accidentally pushed my LifeFone button. They were quick. They answered the phone, and asked what they can do, and if there was any problem. I told them what the problem was and they were pleasant. They understood that I accidentally pushed it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I didn't want to have a medical alert device but my son-in-law ordered the LifeFone after I fell. It's sitting on the table by my bed and I thank heavens I haven't used it yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell in my living room before and it took me a lot to get up and my daughter thought it’s a good idea for me to have something that I can connect with someone. And I was happy when she got LifeFone for me. I have it close to me and I feel very safe. Also, people at LifeFone are precious and I feel very relaxed and calm when I’m talking with them. They're doing great.

Getting a LifeFone was insisted on by the workmen’s compensation that’s been taking care of me for a few months since an accident. When I came home from rehab, they insisted that I have it in the house. I like the idea of it. It's great for a person who lives alone to be able to let people know if something happened. And for some reason, in the practice of it, I find myself backing away from it. Somehow it's stressful that it could go off at any minute without me wanting it to. That was the problem I was having. It went off four times and I panicked because I haven't learned all the ways of operating it. I talked to somebody at LifeFone over the device and they took care of everything. I managed to keep any ambulance from arriving. And then I finally took the thing off my neck and left it on the table. I have to meditate on this more, but it's not going to stay here. It leaves with the caseworker for the workmen’s comp.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We decided to buy a LifeFone because if I would fall in the house, Leon wouldn't hear me if I yelled for help because he cannot hear. Also, if I'm outside, he wouldn't know unless he see me falling. With him falling, I'm not there in the room, so if I push a button, it's quicker. He is the one with the button on his walker with the necklace and I have the bracelet on. The only thing about the bracelet strap is if I get a little water there, my arm gets red. I switched it from one arm to the other but it's very irritating. Also, if I'm out of the area and I have the bracelet on, it wouldn't do me any good because I'm too far away from the main.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used LifeFone once and it took a half hour before I got an ambulance. I was complaining about it and when they arrived, they had three police officers from the 5th Precinct. I knew them and we were all talking. What happened was the ambulance was on call up on a North Shore somewhere and now we're number four in the list.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a physical disability so I looked into getting a medical alert service and got LifeFone. I had to use it once and their customer service was fine. Everything worked according to plan. Hopefully, I don't have to use it again, but I still have a physical disability, so it's necessary. I absolutely have more peace of mind knowing I have LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried LifeFone off at first to see how it was and to see how it sounded. But the other day, my cat jumped up on the box and hit the button. It's very exciting at first because we were wondering what happened but it's the emergency so I got them. I said sorry and I'm glad to hear that they weren't upset. I would recommend LifeFone. I wear it every day and I feel safer and so much secure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
My mother is 87 years old so we thought it was time for her to have something in case she fall while we weren't here. We have LifeFone for several months now.

When we tested the device, we pressed it then they called, and we said that we have just gotten it and we're testing it. Everything was fine. It's operating like it's supposed to so if we need it for real, it'll work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Over a year ago in my kitchen, I broke my shoulder and hip on the right side. My bones are brittle and easy to break at my age. This is the first fall that I had that really scared me. Lucky my neighbor in the back’s a nurse and she has my key because she was looking after me before. My sister called her to check on me because I'm not answering the phone. I couldn't answer the phone because I couldn't move. So, my neighbor came up and called the paramedics. They took me to the hospital, I had surgery on my hip and then they took me to the nursing home for four weeks in Aliquippa.

I'm also a diabetic and sometimes the nerves in my feet tingle. But, I do a lot of walking, I don't sit too much, and I do little things but I can't do much since I'm not strong enough. I saw LifeFone advertised on TV all the time and I said, "That's me right there". So, I have my LifeFone medical alert device on my neck and I haven't taken it off since I got it. Although, it's a nuisance wearing it on the neck because when I have to bathe I always have to take it off. But it's lightweight and it's long so it's easy to take off and on. I wear it after I get done washing for my own security. With this, I'm a little bit alert. I'm more aware and more careful because it's easy to fall. I'm satisfied with LifeFone and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Parkinson's and having LifeFone gives me a little more confidence when I go out. However, it takes some adjusting to using it and remembering to put it on. So far, the only time I've had to interact with them was when I dropped the GPS unit while I was putting it on. They called us and we talked to an operator to let them know what happened and that it was an accident. It was a positive interaction.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter and I were going on vacation and my mom was going to be home alone so we needed something for a couple of months. I purchased LifeFone and it was delivered. Every contact I had with them has been fine but she never used the device and that’s why we’re sending it back.

LifeFone Company Profile