toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I've fallen three times. I broke my hips and my pelvis, so my nephew insisted that I get LifeFone. Having it makes me more careful, and I use it when I walk. If I fall, I’d talk to it. I hope I’d be able to get a person. Sometimes, my nephew presses the button to know if it's still working, and it is. I'm pleased with it and I feel much safer. I would recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am 93 years old and I have been living by myself since my husband passed away. My children said if I wanted to stay by myself, I needed to have some means to get help if I needed it, so they got me a LifeFone. When I've called to test it, their team has always taken care of things right away and I've always had a good response from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom has had LifeFone for a couple of years now, just in case she falls or can't get the phone as she's older. It used to be Life Alert, but LifeFone has a better price and the service is identical. However, I had one bad experience recently, where I got a call from someone explaining that their monitor's saying that my mom's alarm was taken off and she didn't respond. I'm in North Carolina and she's in New York, and they called the wrong number for my sisters. Also, there were precious minutes that were lost in the confusion. Then when I called back to complain about it, they told me that the guy had just come out of training, so obviously, he wasn't trained well enough to handle the phone on his own, and that made me very uncomfortable. I felt they were unreliable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't had any chance to use my LifeFone for an emergency and that's good. I test the device every month. The reps have been very helpful and quick when I have called in. I have ALS, so I can fall quite easily and LifeFone is available to get me help if I needed something.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear my LifeFone every day and I've never had to use it. I've tested it a couple of times and they immediately responded. The LifeFone reps were friendly and helpful during the test. My daughter decided to get a medical device for me. She wanted the security of me having that option if I needed someone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old and I live alone so I needed a help button. I'm supposed to call LifeFone every month to make sure their device is working, but I have only done it one time and they were very nice. They came right on and said, "Do you need some help?" Also, if I fall, I have a device that I connect around my neck that works in my house. If I go outside and I fall, it works. I have recommended LifeFone and I have several friends who got it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen twice. On the first time, I fell myself. Then, on the second, I was knocked down by somebody where I broke my right hip and arm. So my daughter got a LifeFone for me. We’ve been good but all I do is test it once a month to be sure that it’s still connected and working. The people at LifeFone has always been very pleasant and nice, and they answer immediately. If I had to use it, it is there. Everything has been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband is gone part of the time. I have mini-strokes and I have had a heart attack and that’s why they got LifeFone so they could get to me really quick. Most of the time, they call as soon as I push the button and they’re there. They’re doing great and everything seems to be fine. Also, it gives me peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter and I lived together, and I lost her. My son thought I should have a medical alert service. I wear the LifeFone device around my neck all the time and I'm very careful. Although I haven't used it, I think it's wonderful. I hit it by mistake once, when I picked up the watch and forgot what it was. I got a response immediately and the rep was very nice to me. This is my first medical alert service, and I'm very pleased. I feel very safe with it, and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen and broke both wrists then I also had a concussion and was in three different hospitals for almost a month. When I got home, my family stayed around with me for three months and some of them were here around the clock. My granddaughter is an RN so she knew how to handle everything and she decided that I needed a medical alert device so if I’d fallen and wouldn’t be able to call them because I’d be here by myself. She was very pleased interacting with the LifeFone team. It made me feel more confident and wearing it doesn’t bother me at all. I’m very pleased and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter got me the LifeFone device and I've had it for over a year now. I carry the little button on me all the time. The trouble is I am so hard at hearing, and at night, when I take my hearing aids out, I can't hear anything. So I didn't like that I got a ring from them at 2:00 in the morning and I could not hear nor understand the person talking. My daughter had to come out to answer it. I hope it never happens again. But other than that, having the LifeFone makes me feel that I don't have to worry about anything happening. I just push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The people at LifeFone were helpful. I had no problems and it’s been good so far. My mother is 89 years old and has trouble hearing and in case she fell or something, at least she would be able to reach somebody. We were in the middle of moving so we switched to LifeFone from another service. Also, I read about how hard it was to cancel the previous medical alert device we had and some people didn’t get their money back. I personally got on the train and took the phone from New Jersey to their headquarters in New York to make sure they got everything back and verify that I gave it to them so that everything is actually cancelled because I’ve read stories where they kept charging after that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I see the purpose of LifeFone as being my spouse or companion when I don't have a real one. Someone who will "watch my back" as the saying goes. At 81 yo and although I'm healthy as a hog, I could keel over with a stroke at any time, or fall and hurt myself badly while walking the dog. LifeFone should be able to detect those kind of events, but it doesn't fully.

LifeFone cannot tell when I'm in distress unless my voice in pendant triggers a distress signal. I can do it by pushing the button or my fall detection can do it... Maybe. And there's the weakness that gives LifeFone only three of five stars. If I have a stroke and go weak in the legs while walking the dog, I am likely to sort of fold up and drop down on the road and not actually fall. And not actually fall... That's important as there would be no impact force to trigger the voice in pendant to send a fallen person signal back to the monitors. So the LifeFone monitors would not know I had gone down in the street.

I could be left there for hours perhaps as there is very little traffic on the street where I walk the dog and live. I confirmed this by a conversation with LifeFone Customer Service. LifeFone has GPS capability but they do not continually track the pendants. They use the GPS only to "ping" the device to locate the person but if and only if they first receive a distress signal.

LifeFone is so very close to being the ideal companion one needs when lacking a real person as a companion. If they tracked the GPS positions, say, once every ten minutes or so, they would be able to see that a pendant wearing has gone static, has not moved for ten minutes or so. And that could be the trigger needed for the monitors to check in with "are you OK." And failing to get a response, begin the rescue phase of the LifeFone program.

Overall the LifeFone system was easy to install and implement. In fact I use it at two residences as I have a vacation home. And the VIP w/Fall Detection is small and unobtrusive for carrying around when outside. And the extra pendant is even smaller for wearing inside around the house. I am satisfied for what it does. LifeFone is the best of the competition, ADT and others fall well short of the ideal companion stand-in such a device has to be if it's doing the job properly. So I recommend LifeFone, but only with the voice and fall detection options.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband passed away and I'm living by myself most of the time. So, I want a little bit of security and got LifeFone through the bank. I wear the device all the time. I slipped a little bit in the bathroom at one time and I called them. They were here right away, and they treated me nice. I’m satisfied with Lifefone, and with their device, I know that I could get help if I needed it right away. I'm 89 years old and I feel better with it. It’s a good thing to have, and I would recommend them. In fact, my daughter also has one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had broken my hip and I had been in a nursing home and dismissed to come home by myself. My children thought I needed a medical alert device and they checked into it and chose Lifefone. I've had it almost a year. I wear it around my neck and I'm very comfortable with it. The device has been tested and the team at Lifefone responded right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone had an ‘away from home’ feature which was one of the things I liked. Once in a while though we forget to take that thing with the device that we're supposed to take when we go away. It's a little hassle remembering to do that. During the few times I’ve had contact with LifeFone team, everybody was very nice, polite and understanding especially during the times I pushed the button by mistake. And their response time in those instances was quick. However, I may have a problem with my main unit. The last time we used the device, the remote gadget worked. But I didn't get any sound from the one on the wall. I only got the connection with the little adaptive thing. Other than that, it's been a good experience with Lifefone and I've recommended it to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children wanted me to have a medical alert device so I got a LifeFone. I'm grateful for it because I like to walk a lot for exercise because it's easier to get around. Once when I first installed the device I accidentally pushed the wrong button. I got my children and they asked if everything was alright. Being here by myself, I'm satisfied that I have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm old and needed a medical alert device just in case. My daughter helped me research it and I got LifeFone. I use the one on a holster as it's less troublesome getting in the way and it doesn’t bother me as much. I'd do the test with the machine and the people at LifeFone calls to know if I've got a problem. I'd tell them it's a just a test and they would always ask if anybody else in the house has a problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our daughter wanted to make sure we had access for emergencies since we’re in our 80’s, and LifeFone has been great. I wear the chain around my neck. It’s a convenience and I’m glad it’s there if we do happen to need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old and I'm having dizzy spells. I'm usually alone in the house because my daughter and son-in-law go to work. My daughter purchased the LifeFone medical system for me and it's very good. It's handy if you're old like me and it's a good thing to have in an emergency.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone's the first one I found that seemed to be in business long enough to do the job and the price was reasonable so I went for it. I like to wear the device around my neck but my wife likes the one around the wrist. We tried to test it once a month. I would press the button and activate the system and it goes through its routine. Then they would call and we'd tell them it's a test.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter gave me a LifeFone as a gift knowing that I live alone and getting a little old. She lives in New Jersey and she’s not very close to visit me as often as she’d like to but she worries I might fall. Having it is a great idea and I’m very pleased. She just renewed it for another year. I check the machine once-in-a-while. The guys at LifeFone told me to do it once a month but I forget sometimes. I just push it and they ask me if anything’s wrong. I’ll say, “No. Just checking the machine.” They say, “That’s fine. Thank you for doing that.” They respond in about a minute and they’ve been very nice. The only thing is I have the device around my neck and I hate that black cord. I wish they would have something like a silver chain. Other than that, it gives me security knowing I have it. The LifeFone is a wonderful idea and if others are able to or if they are in a position where they need it, they should get it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Sixty years ago, my aunt, who was a widow and lived alone, had a stroke, died, and wasn’t found for several days. It's been in the back of my mind. I live alone and I knew I wanted a LifeFone. I wear it around my neck and don't notice that I have it. I don't wear it in the shower though. I know I could but I just don't feel that intimidated. But I have it right there where I could reach it if I fall. So far, everything has been very positive. I have it checked every month and that is going well. Also, I asked a question once and they told me that they were on a timed basis and referred me to another number. But I totally understand that since it’s an emergency service so they should be free. I have recommended LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter-in-law got a LifeFone for me and I call them once a month. They’re professional, friendly and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself and the medical alert device bracelet I had for years messed up my wrist permanently. I then decided to get a new one. I ordered from LifeFone over the phone and the person who helped me with my order was very nice, professional and answered any questions that I had. I have the LifeFone for a week now and I put this on my other arm. It has a different material and it doesn't irritate me.

My husband has a muscular dystrophy and we both end up falling so I searched online and went with LifeFone because of their price. It was for him but he never wears it and he's had it for about a year and a half now. He never actually used it but the response time on the test seems like you could dial 911 yourself a lot faster. I'm not impressed with any of these things except if you didn't have your phone with you then it would come in handy because stuff may happen, you hurt yourself then you couldn't get up and get to a phone. The connection is also not very clear on the phone line so if you've fallen in the bathroom or somewhere else, they're not gonna hear you and you're not gonna hear them. But they're just gonna dispatch if something really happened which is good that's why we keep it and we'd recommend it.

We've had LifeFone for a couple of years now but it just sits at home. Nevertheless, we're satisfied with it.

As I grew older, I realized I needed something and it was then when I got a LifeFone. I fell down one time since I got it but I live about a half a mile away from the rescue squad so I just called 911 because they get here quicker than they would. Every once in a while, we call and test it like they tell us to do just to check. They always pick it up when they're supposed to. The thing works fine if it’s in my house. But if I’m out walking in the park and I need help, if I push the button they don’t know where I am. But they've all been fine, nice and very polite.

My aunt is 99-years-old and she's living by herself. She gets around very well but nobody's here. LifeFone was recommended by a man in the neighborhood who had it, so we also got it. We probably don’t test it as often as we should but it’s worked very well for her when she’s needed it. The people at LifeFone call me when my aunt uses her button and they've been very polite and helpful. I used to deliver for a pharmacy at night and a couple of times, about 2:00 in the morning, I've got a call and they're really patient and they wait 'til I get over here.

But a while back, my aunt hit her button a couple of times at night and the lady told her to take her button off and put it up. That lasted about a week and I had her put her button back on because that’s the reason we have it. If she accidentally hits it, that’s just part of the program. Somebody at the place should not be telling her to take her button off because they don’t wanna be bothered. I talked to somebody about that and I hope we took care of that problem. Other than that, it’s been very well and she can hear it through the house even with her bedroom door shut.

LifeFone has been helpful. But, I would like to reverse the order of who gets called first. Their people has been very polite and nice. The issue is the person I was talking to couldn't hear me when I needed them. That was too bad. Every time I could hear her talk, I punch my button so she'd know that I heard her. She couldn't hear me talk so I moved the unit upstairs, central hall. On another occasion, it would have been better if I have my friend as a first contact instead of the police and medics because they wanted to break down my door and it really caused damage. If he'd be called first, he could have gotten in the house and let them in.

Falling is my main concern. The first time I used LifeFone, it was because I fell out of bed. Their customer service was very good and courteous. They did everything right. I feel like I hit the button accidentally but it seems to go off twice. I was close enough that I could clear it and they called to make sure I'm all right, so that's good. All in all, it was very satisfactory. I would recommend it to a friend. But, one caveat would be that there might be a better system where you could wear something on your wrist that has a speaker in it. The box doesn't hear you if you're far away from it. Supposedly, it covers signals up to 1,100 feet but it couldn't pick up my voice.

LifeFone Company Profile