toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

LifeFone

Joan. we're delighted to read your feedback about LieFone!! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide perfect service for each of our customers.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I'm getting older and I've fallen, and I figured that it was time that I needed to get a LifeFone medical alert device. The price was another reason for my deciding to buy one. The people at LifeFone have been very polite. I've called several times and they've always answered my calls, and I like that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I’m fearful that I wouldn’t get help if I needed it. I'm glad I have LifeFone. I rely on it and it gives me a sense of security. I've used it a few times and it has been a lifesaver. Once I got locked in the bathroom and I couldn’t get out because the door was stuck and they came and opened the door. Other times I've fallen and I couldn’t get up so they came and they helped me up and in another time they took me to the hospital. I had a good experience with LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my daughters decided I should have a medical service device. She checked around, thought LifeFone was the best, signed up for me and asked me to put it on my credit card. It has worked well and I'm one of those people who ignore a lot if I don’t need to. In fact, I was talking with some younger friends this week and said I could have used LifeFone because I had a nasty fall but I prefer working things out myself if I can and that’s what I did. I was able to get myself up and get to a phone and the other time, I could get to a phone easier. In both cases, I was very pleased that I had this thing around my neck and I knew it was there for me to use. I would use it if I needed to, but I like to be able to handle things myself.

I saw my mother do the very same thing I’m doing. She was very independent and remarkable and I hope I can do as well as she did. My independence is very important because right now I’m in my summer house up in upstate New York and I will be returning to Florida in a month or so. In both instances, I live alone and I’m 88 years old. My family thinks I've done well and it’s important to them to feel I’m doing okay with the living situation which I am. I know the device is available to me right now. Generally, I wear it all the time if I'm just home. It’s around my neck and I don’t want to show it off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I use my LifeFone and they said that the box covers the whole apartment but it only covers two doors next to it. Also, if one has a TV on then it doesn’t show. I rang it and kept my mouth shut then they asked if I needed help and if I'm all right. I didn't answer and they said they'll have people come out. Then they came quickly. All in all, I feel wonderful and I’m happy with my LifeFone.

LifeFone

Great feedback, Alan! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with LifeFone and our service!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My mom's 92 years old and lives by herself. So when somebody recommended LifeFone, I looked into it through ConsumerAffairs. The LifeFone gives a little peace of mind and my mom’s very happy with it. It went off a few times when my mom bumped into something and they called right away. Thank God she hasn’t used it for any medical situation but it’s good that whenever she drops it or knocks into something it goes off automatically and the team is very responsive. They’re good people and excellent to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone is the first help button I purchased and it’s fine. I have an aide so I don't really have to use it all the time. I would recommend it to someone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone is the first medical alert device I had. I’m elderly and I had to use it. It is easy to carry around and easy to use. But I think the price has gone up. However, they take care of me and I have less worries now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because my husband was in assisted living, I was by myself. When my daughter had seen LifeFone on TV, she got it for me. I’ve used it at least three times. When I'm home or when I take a shower that could be dangerous, I always leave it on. The only thing is when I leave home, it doesn't do any good to take it along. When I go shopping or go to the hospital, I just leave it. But I'm home most of the time now. Also, I have the wrist-type and it irritates my skin. I think it would be worth it if I used the one around the neck, but that would be difficult and I don't want to carry one. Anyway, I have recommended it to several people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I'm 93 years old. My family and I thought that I should have a LifeFone medical alert system in case of an emergency. I called LifeFone once when my blood pressure was high and they sent an emergency. It was very good. I feel like there's somebody to contact in case necessary. I feel safer and I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My doctor recommended me to get a LifeFone so I did in cases of emergencies. The people at LifeFone are friendly. I have a good device from them and it makes me feel safe. Overall, the experience with LifeFone has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband passed away two years now and I'm alone. I've also been seemly to fall a lot so my children said I have to have this LifeFone and I had used them twice. I fell in the kitchen, made a turn and broke my hip. They responded quickly and took care of me. They were helping me and by the time I got on the ambulance, the guy gave me something. The fall wasn’t that bad and their response was very good. Then I had also fallen in my living room. I tripped on the rug and fractured my wrist. Again, they came right away, put something on me, took me to the hospital and took care of me there.

I'm glad I have LifeFone because of those two experiences. Knowing that they helped me before, how good and nice they were and they are, I most certainly depend on it. I even wear it in the shower. Once I knew they were here and taking care of me I didn't worry about anything other than the pain and go to the hospital. I most definitely would recommend it. I also tell my friends around with the same ages to get one and how it has helped me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We heard about LifeFone and the price seemed okay. We tried it and it's been comforting. Fallen a couple of times, needed to use it, and LifeFone reacted right away. We also check on it every once in a while to test it. Sometimes when the light flickers out and the battery goes down low, they call to check on us too. One time, it kept saying that the battery was low and I didn't know how that works but it seems to be working okay. They have also replaced the pendant but it wasn't working right and they had us test it. Other than that, everything has been good and I would recommend it to a friend.

Resolution In Progress

LifeFone

Many thanks for the feedback Rena, we're pleased to hear you're satisfied with LifeFone, If there is anything we can improve we're here for you 24 hrs/7 days of the week.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I live by myself and my children thought it would be good to get a LifeFone. I haven’t had any reason to call for help yet but I’m satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son found out about LifeFone and then he got it for me. The people at this company were very helpful and always very pleasant. Also, they’re always friendly when I call and I always call to check my utilities. It’s wonderful interacting with them. I had a very easy experience with LifeFone and I’d recommend it to my friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I push the head of the arm watch of my LifeFone, I get a response and the people are here in short order. The fire department comes and they know how to get in my house and I don't.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeFone is very nice and I've only had to use it once. I'm more independent and have fewer worries having it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom lives alone in a large house and we only have one family member who is living close to her. A medical alert system was something I pushed for her for years and she finally gave in and let me do it. We had very good information on five different companies but LifeFone seemed to provide everything that we required for the best price. Besides, family talks to her on the phone a lot too. Since then, we've had very little interactions with the LifeFone team. Mom hasn't had any issues since she was on the system. She did have it unplugged for a little bit that they had to contact us once. But besides that, everything has been well. I just feel better with it and I'm happy with the service. She feels safer too and is very happy with LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I've fallen three times. I broke my hips and my pelvis, so my nephew insisted that I get LifeFone. Having it makes me more careful, and I use it when I walk. If I fall, I’d talk to it. I hope I’d be able to get a person. Sometimes, my nephew presses the button to know if it's still working, and it is. I'm pleased with it and I feel much safer. I would recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am 93 years old and I have been living by myself since my husband passed away. My children said if I wanted to stay by myself, I needed to have some means to get help if I needed it, so they got me a LifeFone. When I've called to test it, their team has always taken care of things right away and I've always had a good response from them.

Resolution In Progress

LifeFone

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with LifeFone. We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My mom has had LifeFone for a couple of years now, just in case she falls or can't get the phone as she's older. It used to be Life Alert, but LifeFone has a better price and the service is identical. However, I had one bad experience recently, where I got a call from someone explaining that their monitor's saying that my mom's alarm was taken off and she didn't respond. I'm in North Carolina and she's in New York, and they called the wrong number for my sisters. Also, there were precious minutes that were lost in the confusion. Then when I called back to complain about it, they told me that the guy had just come out of training, so obviously, he wasn't trained well enough to handle the phone on his own, and that made me very uncomfortable. I felt they were unreliable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't had any chance to use my LifeFone for an emergency and that's good. I test the device every month. The reps have been very helpful and quick when I have called in. I have ALS, so I can fall quite easily and LifeFone is available to get me help if I needed something.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear my LifeFone every day and I've never had to use it. I've tested it a couple of times and they immediately responded. The LifeFone reps were friendly and helpful during the test. My daughter decided to get a medical device for me. She wanted the security of me having that option if I needed someone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old and I live alone so I needed a help button. I'm supposed to call LifeFone every month to make sure their device is working, but I have only done it one time and they were very nice. They came right on and said, "Do you need some help?" Also, if I fall, I have a device that I connect around my neck that works in my house. If I go outside and I fall, it works. I have recommended LifeFone and I have several friends who got it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen twice. On the first time, I fell myself. Then, on the second, I was knocked down by somebody where I broke my right hip and arm. So my daughter got a LifeFone for me. We’ve been good but all I do is test it once a month to be sure that it’s still connected and working. The people at LifeFone has always been very pleasant and nice, and they answer immediately. If I had to use it, it is there. Everything has been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband is gone part of the time. I have mini-strokes and I have had a heart attack and that’s why they got LifeFone so they could get to me really quick. Most of the time, they call as soon as I push the button and they’re there. They’re doing great and everything seems to be fine. Also, it gives me peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter and I lived together, and I lost her. My son thought I should have a medical alert service. I wear the LifeFone device around my neck all the time and I'm very careful. Although I haven't used it, I think it's wonderful. I hit it by mistake once, when I picked up the watch and forgot what it was. I got a response immediately and the rep was very nice to me. This is my first medical alert service, and I'm very pleased. I feel very safe with it, and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen and broke both wrists then I also had a concussion and was in three different hospitals for almost a month. When I got home, my family stayed around with me for three months and some of them were here around the clock. My granddaughter is an RN so she knew how to handle everything and she decided that I needed a medical alert device so if I’d fallen and wouldn’t be able to call them because I’d be here by myself. She was very pleased interacting with the LifeFone team. It made me feel more confident and wearing it doesn’t bother me at all. I’m very pleased and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter got me the LifeFone device and I've had it for over a year now. I carry the little button on me all the time. The trouble is I am so hard at hearing, and at night, when I take my hearing aids out, I can't hear anything. So I didn't like that I got a ring from them at 2:00 in the morning and I could not hear nor understand the person talking. My daughter had to come out to answer it. I hope it never happens again. But other than that, having the LifeFone makes me feel that I don't have to worry about anything happening. I just push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The people at LifeFone were helpful. I had no problems and it’s been good so far. My mother is 89 years old and has trouble hearing and in case she fell or something, at least she would be able to reach somebody. We were in the middle of moving so we switched to LifeFone from another service. Also, I read about how hard it was to cancel the previous medical alert device we had and some people didn’t get their money back. I personally got on the train and took the phone from New Jersey to their headquarters in New York to make sure they got everything back and verify that I gave it to them so that everything is actually cancelled because I’ve read stories where they kept charging after that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I see the purpose of LifeFone as being my spouse or companion when I don't have a real one. Someone who will "watch my back" as the saying goes. At 81 yo and although I'm healthy as a hog, I could keel over with a stroke at any time, or fall and hurt myself badly while walking the dog. LifeFone should be able to detect those kind of events, but it doesn't fully.

LifeFone cannot tell when I'm in distress unless my voice in pendant triggers a distress signal. I can do it by pushing the button or my fall detection can do it... Maybe. And there's the weakness that gives LifeFone only three of five stars. If I have a stroke and go weak in the legs while walking the dog, I am likely to sort of fold up and drop down on the road and not actually fall. And not actually fall... That's important as there would be no impact force to trigger the voice in pendant to send a fallen person signal back to the monitors. So the LifeFone monitors would not know I had gone down in the street.

I could be left there for hours perhaps as there is very little traffic on the street where I walk the dog and live. I confirmed this by a conversation with LifeFone Customer Service. LifeFone has GPS capability but they do not continually track the pendants. They use the GPS only to "ping" the device to locate the person but if and only if they first receive a distress signal.

LifeFone is so very close to being the ideal companion one needs when lacking a real person as a companion. If they tracked the GPS positions, say, once every ten minutes or so, they would be able to see that a pendant wearing has gone static, has not moved for ten minutes or so. And that could be the trigger needed for the monitors to check in with "are you OK." And failing to get a response, begin the rescue phase of the LifeFone program.

Overall the LifeFone system was easy to install and implement. In fact I use it at two residences as I have a vacation home. And the VIP w/Fall Detection is small and unobtrusive for carrying around when outside. And the extra pendant is even smaller for wearing inside around the house. I am satisfied for what it does. LifeFone is the best of the competition, ADT and others fall well short of the ideal companion stand-in such a device has to be if it's doing the job properly. So I recommend LifeFone, but only with the voice and fall detection options.

LifeFone Company Profile