Call toll free
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

LifeFone has alert options to keep you and your loved one safe at home and on-the-go. Their customers appreciate LifeFone's fast response time and friendly emergency care agents. A monthly test with quick response gives users the confidence they need to live independently.

PROS

• Take when you're on-the-go
  • Comfortable to wear on neck
  • Friendly emergency response team
  • Fast response time
  • 24/7 assistance

CONS

• Some users have trouble turning alarm off
  • False alarms have been reported

717 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We went to a site on the internet and it gave LifeFone good reviews. We've known about this type of product, and I was interested in getting it for my mom. She's happy with it. She got it a few weeks ago and she tried to test it and it works great.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My dad had a fall and I'm not home in the evening because I work, so I decided to get LifeFone's medical alert device for him. They are an outstanding company and when I talked to their reps, they knew their stuff and they cared about us as customers. And any time I've interacted with them had been an excellent experience. Knowing that we have the device makes me feel good, too. We also got the GPS one, so when my dad goes out by himself, I feel like he's protected.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My grandson got a LifeFone for me. Their rep set the alarm off when we first set it up just to tell the response team that it works. I just keep it but it kinda makes my neck sore. So far, my experience has been good.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

The first LifeFone I got did not work because it was not compatible with my landline, and I mailed it back two days ago. I received the new one and so far, it’s working. I’m not that good with tech stuff, but I had no trouble setting it up. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I wear the LifeFone wristwatch 24 hours a day. My wife died about a month ago and I’m now living alone in the apartment. I feel it necessary to have that available to me. I also use it away from the apartment. When we first got the system, we tested it and the response was good. I live in a retirement community, but I’m in independent living apartment so I feel much more comfortable having the alert system. I’m sure my kids feel a lot safer, too. I would recommend LifeFone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I got a medical alert device as a preventative measure and I had friends who had LifeFone. The LifeFone person I went to was also very nice. He explained everything and made the onboarding process easier. I would recommend him. I would tell others to talk to him and see what they want to do. Although I would rather not have the LifeFone device, it gives me support if I need it. Plus my kids wanted it. It works and everything is fine.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

People at LifeFone called me and asked me a few questions. At first, I told them no. But then they told me what could happen if I should fall again. I could get help. Then they sent me a life alert system, which I got a few days ago. It’s very good and I would tell others to get it. I’m happy to know that it may save my life and in not having it, things could go wrong.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I wear my LifeFone device around my neck and it’s comfortable. So far, I’m adjusting to it and accepting it. I’m living alone, I’m 92 years old, and my daughter thought it was time for me to have it. I would recommend LifeFone to other people.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My daughter got me a LifeFone while I was in the hospital. She told me that had something that I could wear around my neck or wrist and that I should be wearing it at all times. Since having it, I don't even know that I have it on. It gives me a lot of confidence.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My husband started working the evening hours and he doesn't get home until 11:30 at night. It was recommended that I get a medical alert device and we decided to get one from LifeFone. Everybody there has been very nice and helpful. I got two devices from them, a watch and a necklace. I wear the necklace when I go to the shower and the watch when I go to bed. I have them on at all times when my husband isn't here. Since getting the devices, I've felt safer. I tested the devices when I got them and got a quick response from LifeFone's team.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I’m 81 and my sister is 88. She’s a little wobbly on her feet. LifeFone would call a lot so I finally took their medical alert device. However, they wanted us to put it together. They were instructing us on the phone and we couldn’t do it. There is a little piece of plastic at the end and we ought to put it in the box and the machine. Though we understood what they were saying, we couldn't find the hole where the wire goes. It's too much trouble and I want to send the whole thing back. It's just laying in the box.

LifeFone response

Thank you, Ms. Balatri for taking the time to speak with me. You expressed concerns about the original service that was ordered and how it was too complicated for you and your sister to hook up. I'm glad I was able to provide you with a much simpler system to hook up that still suits the needs of you and your sister. LifeFone is very pleased to have you and your sister as our valued customers and will always thrive to bring you both the service that you expect and deserve. If you have any issues and/or concerns feel free to reach out to our team at anytime since we are here 24/7 for all questions or concerns at 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had a very good experience interacting with the reps from LifeFone. They answered all my questions. I liked the discussion I had with them and found the price of their device and service acceptable. Thus far, I'm satisfied with LifeFone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My father is 95 years old and I feel 100% better with him having this LifeFone device because I know if he falls or if he doesn’t feel well, all he has to do is push that button. We’re quite happy with it. Before I purchased it, I did quite a bit of research and their program seemed to have the best reviews for the quality of coverage and the amount of money. The people there were great too. They were knowledgeable of their product and they answered every question. Before we disconnected, they even wanted to make sure that I understood everything that was discussed about the product. I couldn’t ask for a better customer service. It was excellent. And if I have any questions, I don’t think twice about picking up the phone, calling and asking.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I live by myself, I’m 95 years old, and I got two bad legs. I use a walker to help me around. My son got a LifeFone device for me. When I test it, the response time is okay. I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I press the emergency button to check it and see if the LifeFone people would answer, and it has been fine. They told me to do that once a month and when I apparently forgot to do it one month, they called me, which was good. My interactions with them have been very good as well. They sound professional yet interested. I've told others that they should really get a LifeFone. If you're concerned at all, you should. As for me, I decided to get a medical alert device because of my age. People were also saying that I really should have one because I live alone. Now, I feel more comfortable knowing that if I don’t feel good, I can call LifeFone if I need an ambulance.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I appreciate LifeFone's patience and their help when we needed it. My mother is doing fine with her LifeFone device. The people at LifeFone have always been helpful and they were very patient answering my questions, and changing over to LifeFone was very easy. We had another system before and we were having problems with it. My mother was living by herself, but she isn’t now. Still, she wears her LifeFone device every day. She hasn’t needed to push her button for help, but it gives all of us a sense of security to know she has it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My son and daughter-in-law both work and many times I'm here all alone. And sometimes I have a slight imbalance and I'm on oxygen all the time. So I got a medical alert device from LifeFone as a safety precaution, especially if I'm in the shower and they've already left to work. I tried it one time when we had a power outage. LifeFone's team was nice and my experience with them was good. I called them back quickly and said that it was just a test. But if you really needed help and you pushed the button, then they'd send someone to the house. I wear the device all the time except when I lay down and go to bed at night. It's comfortable and a good thing for an elderly person. We've recommended it to a neighbor and she got it since her husband passed away several months ago.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I'm 90 years old and I just got home from the hospital with pneumonia. My kids set up my LifeFone. They wanted me to have something here that would be quick for me. I have the device either around my neck or it's on my walker. I feel good that my LifeFone is here in case I need it. It's very handy and others should get it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

If you are considering a medical alert service, I suggest LifeFone. Their device keeps me more alert. I had broken my hip so I have to use a walker when I walk. I have fallen several times, so my daughter suggested that we get LifeFone. My interactions with their people have been perfect and very real. I dropped the device a couple of times and they responded quickly.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I’m very satisfied with LifeFone. I accidentally leaned on my device a couple of times and the buzzer went off, and LifeFone's team responded immediately. I also have a thing on my door where some people can get in in case my door is locked.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had really swollen ankles and that set me back a little bit. My legs were swollen and sore and although they are a lot better now, I wouldn’t be in my position that I am now, in terms of being very cautious, if I hadn’t had those swollen legs for such a length of time. Every once in a while, I also get cold. Then I lay down and get warm again. My daughter is kinda in charge of me and she thinks LifeFone is necessary. She thinks I should do this or I should that. So I go along with most of what she says because she does have my concerns. She speaks with the LifeFone team with me when she comes at times. And I use the device as much as I can, such as when I go out. Sometimes I forget to put it on. But she really tells me not to forget to put it on. And I’m well-satisfied. In fact, I’m feeling good about it now that I have found ways to get around. I have also told friends about it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have a son and a daughter who were very insistent that I wear a medical alert device. They picked one from LifeFone and I wear the device around my neck. One time I was over at my sweetheart’s house and I got a bad pain in my lower abdomen and on my left flank. I pressed the button and I found out that the phone only works if I’m home. It has a very small range. So, I forgot that and waited for the sweetheart to come home from church, then she called up 911 for me. So, when one of the kids who put me into this thing comes to visit me, I will ask them to look into a different thing I could wear that has more range. Other than that, I’ve called twice and checked the battery and there's always somebody there.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I work and my mother needed protection. LifeFone was the quickest one that responded to our need. We requested their services and so far, it’s been okay. We've had it for a year and when we’ve tested when we called, there has been no problem at all. I feel good knowing that my mother has the device and if she presses the alert, somebody’s gonna answer. And if there’s an emergency, at least there’ll be some way somebody is gonna get here and help her. Also, I’m gonna get called, so I can move with her. So far, the service we’ve gotten has been good and it’s been quick. Even when we test the system, there’s a quick response. I would recommend LifeFone to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My son wanted me to get a LifeFone device being that I’m alone, and he said it would be a security for me. I wear my device around my neck and I have it on all the time. I've had it for seven months, and I feel secure knowing that I have it. I had fallen one time, and my son said, “You should have called LifeFone.” I was in a room, so we tested it from another room to see if they could still hear, and they said they could.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I'm getting old and I got one leg and can't get around. I got my LifeFone from a recommendation of somebody that had it before me. Their reps answered all of my questions and explained everything to my liking. Everything is fine and I’m 100% satisfied so far. They’ve been very nice to me.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had a stroke and my children didn't want me to stay alone. My son thought that they would feel better if I had the medical alert button. He got me the LifeFone pendant and my children feel more comfortable knowing that at least I have something. The people at LifeFone have been very good when the alarm goes off because we inadvertently press the button. I dropped my pendant on the table yesterday, and the alarm went off. Someone called me right away to ask if I needed help, and I apologized for that. So he said he would take that as my monthly checkup. I’m glad I have it. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I would get uncontrollable seizures, so my kids had to call 911. I got LifeFone so at least help would be on the way. My only concern is that sometimes I lose electricity or the system goes down and they don’t call right away to say my system is disconnected and they're not receiving any information. They would call me the next day when the system is already back up and running. So it would be nice to know if the system goes down. It has a battery backup of at least seven days so that it shouldn’t interrupt communication with their services, for them to give me that type of phone call. I know my kids have jumped on me, pulled the LifeFone thing around my neck, done all kinds of stuff, and it hasn’t gone off. It would probably go off if I’m falling down back and forth, having a seizure, but I don't know how to set this. But as far as their reps they have been professional.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My four kids decided that because I'm 91, I should have LifeFone. It's comfortable to wear and it has been going well but we had a little trouble. It went off at times when I didn’t want it to go off. One time, I was putting on my soft pajamas, and it went off. I didn’t understand it so I told my daughter-in-law, Jane. She called LifeFone and they said sometimes the device is very sensitive and maybe I bumped something, and I did not bump anything. But lately it hasn’t been going off at odd times. LifeFone gives me a sense of security. However, I have a friend who said there are better medical alerts than I have and there are some out there that keeps you safe even on a trip. I don't have GPS on my device and it may not be enough, so I wonder if I should get hooked up with a different company

LifeFone response

Thank you Ms. Norell for taking the time to speak with me this morning. What a pleasure it was. You expressed concerns about a service that would allow you to remain covered while outside and we discussed some options; while going through you realized that an On the Go system was not for you as your lifestyle has changed since you signed up. LifeFone is very pleased to have you as a valued customer and will always thrive to bring you the service that you expect and deserve. If you have any issues and/or concerns feel free to reach out to me @ 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I fell in the tub. I was leaning on the soap dish and the soap dish came out of the wall with quarter of the wall, so I fell. I didn't hurt myself but I ended up on the floor and I couldn't move. Nobody was in the house and the ones that were up here didn't hear me. I was calling for help for about over an hour. Finally, my landlady came home and I yelled for her and she came right down. The tenants came down and they wanted to pick me up. I said I didn't want anyone to pick me up but the police because the tenants all had back troubles. The police came and they got me out of the tub in no time at all. I didn't hurt anything, but it was a terrible experience. The cop said I gotta get a LifeFone because I wouldn't have waited five minutes if I had that.

Also, I got sickly after that and I ended up in the hospital. My son came and found out about it and he right away got me the LifeFone. It has been wonderful with their customer service reps and they call right away. One time, the device went off and I them I was sorry and that I didn't know what triggered it to go off. They told me to not worry about it and that as long as I was all right. They also asked if I was all right. They were very nice. Also, I fell one time and I had the phone hanging on the door. A friend of mine came in next door and I told her to get me the phone and she did. I pressed it and they came right away and they helped me up in two seconds. I never have it hanging on the door again. I wear it on my neck all the time now.

It has been working very nicely although it only works in the house. But it's no problem. I'm usually with someone when I go out and if I'm not, I'm in town or I'm with people. There are always people I know I would get help. If anyone asks about LifeFone, I would encourage them to get it. I have encouraged my friend who just called me now and she's thinking about it. She lives in the house with her daughter, but they go away sometimes and she should have it because she has a heart condition.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I'm having a good experience with LifeFone but their response is not as rapid as I expected. They said it takes about almost a minute for a response but that’s long if you’re unconscious. It should be at least 30 seconds. But LifeFone is an improvement compared to what I had before as far as the equipment is concerned. The other service I had before changed hands and they won’t improve the price of the service, so I wasn’t too happy with them after they had the changed. The service of LifeFone is also better. When there was a storm I didn’t have the power afterwards, so I think the storm must have done something to the LifeFone box, but they were quick to send me another box. I am living by myself and since having LifeFone my family feels better

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

Ensure independence and safety for any lifestyle with in-home and on-the-go options. Round-the-clock U.S. coverage has provided over 40 years of reliable service that’s recognized and recommended by doctors and hospitals.

• 40+ years of experience: Almost a half-century of providing reliable care and emergency medical assistance.

• 24/7 care: Dedicated, kind and professional operators are available 24/7 to ensure your safety.

• 30-day guarantee: Return your equipment within the first 30 days for a full refund.

• Consumer-friendly policies: Equipment is guaranteed for lifetime subscribers, plus spouses are protected for free. Cancel anytime.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information