4.67/5
Based on 194 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

577 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

LifeFone has been good. And the hospital people have been good, too. I used to have seizures so I got a LifeFone device, and I like it so far. I'm satisfied with what I got. And when I'm alone at night time, in case I've got a seizure LifeFone will know what to do.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My LifeFone fits beautifully into my life. I have the wristband and I wear it all the time. It’s very comfortable and it’s waterproof but I take it off to take a shower since I don’t want to risk it. I get excellent service from LifeFone and it’s probably within four seconds or even less when I push that button on my wrist that they’re on the line. Customer service would answer and ask if I'm all right.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I have been using LifeFone for about four months. A social worker helped me locate them. If I need it it’s there. Sometimes it goes off when I'm changing clothes and I don’t know whether I hit something I shouldn’t have. They came on the line quickly and then I let them know that it’s not an emergency. I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I was moved here to Quincy Village and I signed in, I was given a LifeFone right away. They have it for everyone who is listed here in case we fall, so we can punch the button and get help. I bought the one around my neck but it was bothering me. I couldn't get my jewelry right in closing it, so I got a wrist one which I like better. I carry it with me all the time and I feel safe with it. I’m 96 and it’s very handy to have. I used it one time as I was chasing a roach in the house and spraying it as I was going in just behind the stairs. I didn't get hurt but I just couldn't get up again. They came immediately and helped me up, and they wanted to know if I was hurt or if I needed to go to the emergency room.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My family wanted me to be safe in case I fell and I'm alone in the house. I got LifeFone when I went to the hospital, and I've had it for almost five years. The response time is very good. I test it once a month at the beginning of the month and they're very pleasant when we interact. They also do what they have to do. I had an emergency one time and the police and an ambulance came. It's definitely a comfort and I never take it off. However, one time I switched from my device to something that's outside the house. I fell outside over something and the device was supposed to work, but it didn't. I wasn't happy with it, so I went back to the original one which is in the home. I would recommend LifeFone overall. Every older person should have it. I'd tell those at the senior center to get it if they don't have it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I’m in the house a lot. I have the LifeFone pendant and it's okay. The device is a good idea and it gives comfort, especially in the shower. But it seems to me that if it’s really an emergency, it takes them a little bit too long to answer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I'm very unsteady on my feet and I use a walker. I've had a couple of falls and so, I needed a medical alert. I'm happy to have LifeFone. Two weeks ago I fell. I called their people, they answered right away, and they immediately called my son. He came home and everything was fine. I ended up in the hospital. I feel safe with LifeFone and it is nice to have. If I fell and I didn't have it, I could have called 911 but having LifeFone was better.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

When I do my testing, a couple of girls seem like they’re a little bit irritated. I tell them that I’m just doing my monthly test like I’ve been instructed to do. They ask me if everything is okay and I tell them yes. But they question my calling. I’ve been in customer service my whole life. I supervise the employment insurance division for the State of Nevada and we monitored calls. I don’t know if LifeFone does it because they can playback these responses this team has when they get a call.

Also I had two necklaces because I upgraded to the fall detector and it didn’t work. So a LifeFone manager credited me a couple of months for that and I still have it. I tested both of them, my old one which works fine and my fall detector which does not work. I still have the device but I asked if I could send this back, that they can send me an envelope like they typically do, but the rep said they can’t do that. I told her that I got a device that’s not activated and that they probably could use it or recycle it. I told her to have her manager call me and she said she would, but I never got a callback from the manager. Still, I’ve had my LifeFone device for years and they have a rapid response, less than a minute. So I’ve still had a good experience with LifeFone.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’ve had LifeFone for years and it works very well. I wear it all the time and it is comfortable. Not often but occasionally, I hit the button in the night and the people at LifeFone have always been so nice when I tell them it was just an accident.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I'm 91 years old and I've had LifeFone for many years. My husband was deceased and my son was staying with me but he worked at night. I was by myself a lot of times and then I fell and broke my hip. I call them sometimes. Sometimes my grandkids were here and it went off. We have to get it straightened out. They were nice and they were right on the dot. They answered this the quickest and I've never had a problem that I can recall. I wear the device around my neck and it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't be without it if I can have it. I keep it all around my neck. I sleep with it and everybody should have it. I'm happy with LifeFone and it is one of the greatest things in older people. I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The LifeFone is a good piece of equipment and I've had it for quite a while. It does its job and I've been very satisfied with it. I used my device a couple of times like when I fell one time and I got a quick response. I've had a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My children wanted me to have this type of button. Getting myself a LifeFone was the most reasonable plan that I could find and it seems like every year they go up a little more so I’m shopping for the best price. But I have found that this one works just as well as the one I had for $35. It was $10 more a month for that phone. And this company seems to work just as well as the other one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I’m 80 now, have almost no equilibrium and can’t stand on my toe. I’ve broken almost everything with different falls over the years and even fell right in the middle of the street one time. Also, I use a walker but sometimes I leave it in the car and I don’t use it in my home, and it’s concerning for me if I needed immediate assistance, so I got a LifeFone. I did some research and both my son and I felt Lifefone is a good medical alert service. I also felt that I needed it.

I wear the necklace all the time or have it close to my bed, and I also take it in the shower with me. However, I don’t wear it at night because it bothers me, so I put it on my nightstand where I know exactly where it is. Also, the one thing that I don’t like about it is that it has a clip on it that doesn’t work with the clothing that I wear. So, I have to have a pocket or have the device in my purse, but I don’t like to take my big purse to shopping. I tend to forget to carry it when I leave and go somewhere, and the necklace is no good if I don’t have that device with me. But it works fine if I have a pocket in my slacks or my jeans. I feel secure with it and it’s important that I have it. It's great and I like it very much.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My daughter got me a LifeFone and she said in case I have an accident, I could push it for help. I called their team when it fell off and got disconnected, and they treated me fine. LifeFone is good for convenience and it’s there in case I need it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have LifeFone for three months now. I have some health issues and in case I have a fall and if nobody was here with me, I could call. However, they're not that great as I had trouble twice already. It rings one time and then I answer it, and it's already stopped, so I can't get calls. Still, I feel safe knowing that I am connected to them so I have peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I fell and I was not able to get up. I was here by myself, had no way to get any help and I couldn't get to the phone so I ended up crawling and pulling myself across my living room and kitchen. That turned out to be a big thing for me so I got myself a LifeFone. I’ve tested it and when I dropped it by accident, their response was immediate. I feel safe having my LifeFone and I don't have the fear of falling like I have done in the past. I'm satisfied with it and I would recommend it to anybody that needs one.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My husband died a few years ago and I live alone. I have a heart condition, diabetes, and a lung disease. I had a small stroke a few years ago too and I couldn't talk, so a telephone did me no good. With the LifeFone medical alert device, I felt like I have somebody in the house with me and it’s very convenient. I sometimes get tired of it hanging around my neck. But, other than that, it has been good. When it had gone off accidentally, they called me and I was able to tell them it was accidental, and they were very nice about it. Then a couple of times I needed them, and I could not talk on the phone, they sent help right away in the middle of the night! They have been wonderful!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I’ve told about LifeFone to several individuals. I’ve had three spells of where I passed out and my son and my wife decided that I needed to take in some equipment if I’ll have another one and have to be totally by myself. I've had too many strokes and the family decided we needed to take precautionary measures. LifeFone would call to test if the device works and it has been satisfactory. I've got the GPS one hooked to my belt which doesn't bother me as I've gotten used to it. At night, I put the alert button on a necklace.

LifeFone's response has been appropriate and so far, we have had to go through two emergencies and they were taken care of over the phone. One of them was when I was out because of the livestock. I was in the shed and picking up a feed sack and passed out. It took me a little while to regain my equilibrium. The other was when I had been bent over and fell down and they called about the emergency on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We've come to the point where the family realized that we needed help for safety reasons. We were concerned because my husband had fallen. He can't withstand his medication so he has to rely on me to help him stay balanced without falling. And I myself have fallen in the past on an icy driveway or walkway. The only sad thing that happened was I misplaced my LifeFone over a month ago and I cannot find it. I called LifeFone and they said it would cost almost $90 to replace it. I told them our resources aren't that great and I didn't feel I wanted to put that out. My husband had one for the wrist in the package and his neck phone was a little smaller than mine. It's white and mine was black. He didn't want to wear his though so what I did was to use his. I activated it with the master LifeFone here. I used it and it worked.

We have accidentally hit it and they respond so fast. They're very good. They also like to be made known at least once a month that I'm here and that everything is going well. I hope not to use it for emergency but it's comforting to know that help is right here. When I leave the house and go away from it, I can't take my cellphone or my pendant with me. I leave it near the LifeFone base so it's handy when I get back home, and put it back on. I would recommend LifeFone to anyone in our shape and condition.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I'm up in my 80s and I like to be in a situation where if I have a bad fall and I can't get up, I can just press a medical alert button. I got a LifeFone and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My son got LifeFone for me in case I needed it. Like if I fell and somehow I couldn’t get up. When I've tested it, their response time takes a little while, but not terribly long. When they responded, my interaction with them has been very good.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I can’t get up by myself if I fall so my daughter got me a LifeFone. I’ve had it for about two years now. I wear it around my neck but it is not comfortable, and I lay it on the dresser at night. It’s been a good experience and it makes my daughter less worried knowing that I have LifeFone.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I fell a couple of times because I have an issue with my blood pressure. I fell at home the day I left for North Carolina where my daughter lives and I also fell when I was down there. And so, I got myself a LifeFone. I have a balance problem too so I’m very careful now. I don’t walk on the grass anymore and I don’t do any gardening. I have it done. I accidentally turned it on one time and I spoke with a gentleman who was very nice. I also talked to a young lady once and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The device is sitting way in the back of one of my bookcases, and it’s plugged in. It’s a fine thing to have. I know it’s there and I’m happy to have it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My daughter bought LifeFone for my wife who fell one time downstairs. Then, they got one for me because I’d be alone. When my wife passed away, I kept mine and they turned in the other one back then. One time, the power went off. I was upstairs and the button went on then somebody called. The lady told me to push the button which I did and the emergency button went on. Then, the ambulance and police came to my house and the alarm in my house went off, too. It wasn’t my mistake. The lady I spoke to was friendly, though. I’m satisfied with LifeFone and when I go sometimes to the Senior Citizens, I’d tell those people who ask me they could get one, too.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I was looking on the internet for medical response systems and LifeFone sounded like the best deal for what I needed. My wife has Alzheimer’s and I was concerned about her. We’ve had LifeFone for about six months now. I wear the bracelet and my wife wears the necklace, and the devices are fine. At night, sometimes I wear it and sometimes we leave it on the nightstand. One time, I called in and told them we're doing a test. They wanted to verify there was no emergency and I said, “Okay.” However, it was hard for the reps to understand us talking for some reason and I had to repeat what I’m saying a lot.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I live alone and my daughter has worried less about me since owning LifeFone. I wear it around my neck and it's comfortable. Even though I have hit it accidentally about four times. One time I hit it on the washing machine and another time it went off when I was making the bed so I try to keep it on the side. Each time I hit it they have always answered quickly and they were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Getting a medical alert device was my son's idea. Also, the people in the hospital I ended up in said that I needed one at home. I live alone and they didn't want me to be alone. My son went ahead in getting LifeFone while I was still in the hospital and after I was out of the hospital, I was in a care center for two months. The device is not being used and I keep it on a tray beside my chair because I'm only five feet tall and it gets caught in my clothes. I also have a cat that sits on my lap about 80% of the day.

It's bothersome sometimes because every other month, they're telling me that it has failed, and we have to go through a whole rigorous stuff. I didn't understand why they had to keep doing it over and over every other month. The last time, which was back in October, because it's not near where I have to sit, I have to get out of the chair and go over to the base and stand, which I don't do very well, and we went through it. I lock up and then I can't move. I'm sitting in an automatic chair that goes up and down with a push button. I hit my full and I finally told her that I can't stand any longer.

I don't understand why that it's just sitting on my record player and why it should fail. It's just an excuse to get me to go through everything which means I've got to get my book, look up the number and do all the different things. If something isn't even a year old, it shouldn't have failed each and every time that they blinked me on. The last few times that it happened, they called because something went wrong with the button. It was because I dropped it, just picking it up. It's almost annoying. I just got it back on, and then it's off again. I guess I just have to live with it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I fell three times so my daughter bought the LifeFone device for me. I've had it for four months now and I wear it in a bracelet. I tested it once and talked to a girl for five minutes and it worked out fine.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I live alone and my two sons urged me to get one of those medical alert things. I've had the LifeFone for seven months now and I wear the device on my neck. I take it off at night but it's very close still. I also test it once a month to check in and it goes fine. I press the button and somebody says, “Emergency! Emergency! Emergency!” Then I have to wait until someone gets on the line. My interactions with them have been friendly and they call me by first name. The experience has been satisfactory.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My son put LifeFone here for me because he thought I might need it since I'm very old. So far, it's easy to use, comfortable and convenient. I haven't used it yet because I'm a very healthy and happy person and live my life day by day but it is nice to have the device.

LifeFone Company Information

www.lifefone.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use