toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ms. Truckenbrodt,

I am so pleased to hear about your experience with LifeFone. We strive to provide Peace of Mind to our subscribers and their family members. LifeFone thanks you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I've had LifeFone for a long time and my experience with it has been good. I have no problem with it. I'm a little older and by myself and LifeFone makes me feel more secure. I always wear it around my neck and it is comfortable. I've only used it once back in New York and they were good in responding when I called to check it. I'd recommend it for anybody living alone or being old like I am. It's one of those things I wouldn't be without. I have it right by my bed and I put it on in the morning when I get up until I go to bed.

I know a few people who had a LifeFone, like my sister. Then I fell and I have a real bad heart condition, I have COPD, diabetes, and a lot of different things. The family thought that I needed to have LifeFone. So my son ordered it and had it sent to me. I've been falling a lot lately, but there's always been somebody to help me get up. I haven't had to use the device but I test it at least once a month and maybe more. LifeFone's people have always been really nice and very cooperative if I ever did contact them for anything or any reason. My family has more peace of mind and they're happy with it and so I'm certainly happy with it as well.

Ms. Huntley,

We thank you for valued response and are very glad that we were able to assist you when needed. Lifefone is here to keep you safe and give both you and your loved ones Peace of Mind.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I live alone, and for safety, it was wiser to have something that I could rely on, and my children didn't have to worry quite as much about me. That's why we decided to get a LifeFone which goes all over the United States. I wear it as a bracelet and it's comfortable. I've had it for three years now and have used it three times already. Their team came in a timely manner.

I love LifeFone. My friend’s mother had a LifeFone and they were from New York. When the time came that I was by myself, he felt that it’s what I needed so he got it for me. It’s been great and I wear it all the time as a wrist band rather than a pendant. The pendant was in the way and the only time I take it off with the wristband is when I take a shower or shampoo my hair. I’ve been wearing it a good while now and I had fallen several times and it really means a lot. I haven’t had to use it as I’ve managed to get up.

I have macular degeneration and my vision is very, very poor almost to the point of I just see light and that’s about it. Though I realize LifeFone’s biggest push has to do with “Help, I can’t get up,” it has made me feel secure for a lot of reasons. I live alone, 90 years old, and I don’t have anyone other than dear friends and they’re getting far and few in between as well. For me, LifeFone means being able to be in touch with somebody. Not just to call the police but especially if I didn’t know what I should do.

It could be used for other things as well and it is true there’s somebody there to talk to. I discontinued my cellphone because I’m not driving anymore then my landline went out and I didn't know what to do because I have a friend who calls frequently. I called LifeFone and told them my situation and asked them if they could call and tell her I’m fine but my telephone is out and then ask her to call the telephone company. It was a tremendous help and I am totally and completely satisfied. I really don’t have any problems about it at all and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and one day I fell and laid there for about two hours before I could get up, so my son and daughter went ahead and got the LifeFone for me. Right after the first year, I checked it to make sure it's working. It rang quite a few times when I pressed the one that I wear around my neck. But then when I brought the other one in and pushed it, they answered on that one. I keep the GPS which I take with me when I go some place. I feel safer having all of these. I would recommend LifeFone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a medical alert device due to my wife's medical condition. Accidentally, it went off a few times, and the response was very quick and they made sure everything was ok. I have recommended LifeFone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always wear my LifeFone at home. It just took me a while to get used to it. I thought I had to carry it everywhere and my sister said, "No. Take your phone if you're going out with me. We can call if anything happens." I went out the other day and had my LifeFone in my pocket book and it kept going off. When I realized that I was with my sister, I had to call them. The response time was a little delayed. I don't like that it takes them so long to answer. But when I do need them, they're very good. I saw somebody climb in my window. It threw me out of bed, I was like "What the hell?" So they're quick. I would recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have colon cancer and I'm undergoing chemo. I also went in a coma for a week and tore my ACL and couldn't walk. My daughter didn't want me without a medical alert device so she got a LifeFone for me. I've used it once and it's fine. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband died and my children are far away so I needed a medical alert device. They said I should have it and I thought I better do it. I'm completely satisfied with LifeFone and I think it's a wonderful thing. I can't say enough nice things about it. I once month call to make sure everything is working right and the ladies who respond to me are very nice.

I used another medical device before and LifeFone is much better. Before, all I had was the little unit that I carry when I go away from home. If I fell in the basement or anywhere, I couldn't hear them unless I had that with me. But now, I have the big unit out in my kitchen and I've got it turned loud. I can hear that anywhere. If I fall in the basement and punch the little thing I have around my neck, I could hear what they were saying and I could tell them what's wrong. I feel safer in two ways. If someone was breaking into my house, I feel that I could push that button right away and get somebody and tell them to call the police. And then, if I'm out on the road or get sick, I can push the button.

Good Afternoon Mr. Teklits,

it was a pleasure speaking with you today and I thank you for your honest feedback. You mentioned the magnetic clasps on your pendants not being given to you and you are right the clasps has changed. Since this was a great help to you I will be sending out replacements to exchange all of your current necklace pendants with the magnetic clasps. You are a priority to us and we want to make sure that we are meeting all of your needs.

Thank you for choosing LifeFone, we appreciate your business

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

The people at LifeFone has been always friendly and helpful. But one of the things which I find a bit on the annoying side is the difficulty with which one can achieve stability with the cord. It’s uncomfortable because of the manner in which the cords are put together. It’s a fairly long and unstable platform and rather than being contently at the rear of the neck, it’s all over the place. LifeFone once had a feature which functioned. It was a cord with a magnetic capability of quickly putting together the two ends of the cord around one’s neck. That was ideal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m an old lady living alone and LifeFone was my Christmas present last year from my children. I wear it every day and carry it always around with me and I've had no bad emergencies. However, they should offer an option for silver or gold fine chain so that people will think maybe I had a crucifix hanging inside my shirt rather than the black thing around the neck because the cord shows so much. For sure, women don’t like black hanging around their necks and for me, it shows on a lot of things I wear although having it around the neck is better than pinning it or carrying it someway since I could lose it. I'd recommend them and in fact, all my friends know that I have LifeFone so that’s a form of advertising.

Ms. Baran,

Thank you for choosing LifeFone and writing a review. We appreciate business.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

My husband passed away and I decided to live alone in my home. I didn’t want to leave my home but as long as I agreed to have LifeFone, it made things a little easier for everyone. I didn’t even search out any other system because my niece got this for her mother and they were pleased with it. I believe in it and so far it’s working very well for me. I’ve had a lot of false alarms but I haven’t really used it since I've not had any emergencies.

Ms. Miller,

Thank you for your review and we are happy to know that you have not needed us but are glad that we are able to bring Peace of Mind to you and your daughter. Should you have any questions feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I never had accidents to push the button to go off, but I've been real pleased with LifeFone. My daughter purchased it because I’m losing my eyesight and I live alone. She saw I needed to have it if I’ve fallen in the bathroom, or in the house. And so far, I would recommend LifeFone to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine got a LifeFone for me. Though I never had to really use it, I never had a problem with it. It's pretty easy. I push a button and it calls up the company. The reps have also been friendly.

Ms. Ramos,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review as it is very important to us. LifeFone is here for you 24/7 should you need our assistance. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

My daughter thought that it's best for me to get LifeFone because I fell one-time. I find the device okay and I wear it every day and night. I never take it off and I leave it on. I rely on it and I'm hoping that I don't fall again so that I don't have to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 87 and once in a while I still got problems that I fall so my kids were kind of after me to get a life alert. So when my son asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told him I wanted the smart alert and he gave me LifeFone, which came handy. I'm glad I have it because if something does happen, I could push the button. I'm well satisfied with it and I can't complain about the people who work at LifeFone. When the alert went off they asked if they could help me or I could get somebody. However one time, I was a little disappointed because they had the ambulance and so many people come over here. They made me sit on a chair and they questioned me like I was on a court trial. All LifeFone had to do was call my neighbors across the street because I've got them on there that if something happens, they’d be the ones to come over and if they feel that I need an ambulance it's up to them to call.

Good Morning Ms. Boyd,

We are very pleased to know that the system brings Peace of Mind to both you and your husband as this is what we strive for. We truly value you as a customer and thank you for choosing LifeFone.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I had back surgery and it went haywire. I was going with a walker then two canes outside. And that time I did fall and it broke my back. I did something to the L1 so I'm on a walker all the time now or in a wheelchair if I go anywhere. So I had to have the LifeFone or else I couldn't be home by myself. And I know it’s there if I need it. It gives my husband more peace of mind. He feels like he can go out and do things outdoors or if he has to go to town. Also, I test the device every month and the LifeFone team was always very nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I deal with a headache that’s at a 4 seven days a week. I was hospitalized twice for really bad headaches and I was thought to have cellulitis of my temples and I lost sight in my left eye completely. My balance was totally off too so I walked into walls and chairs. The skin that got hit would all be broken and I'd be bleeding. My husband is a truck driver and he was afraid to leave me home by myself for fear that I could fall and nobody would know until he got home. He leaves at 7 o’clock in the morning and doesn’t get home until 9 o’clock at night. That was his main purpose for getting the LifeFone. The people at LifeFone have been most helpful when we called or when my beeper went off accidentally like when I hit it on the sink. I’d recommend LifeFone to somebody who is in a similar situation.

Ms. White,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate any and all feedback as it helps to improve Customer Service and satisfaction. It was a pleasure talking with you today to understand the concerns that you have and I am glad that we were able to address your them. So now you have a better understanding of how the system works. LifeFone appreciates your business.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I live alone and I got osteoporosis so my bones are giving out and then I fall so I used LifeFone. I have a mobile piece and the other one is in my kitchen. However, it can’t hear me when it’s in the kitchen and that's the problem. I’ve told them several times that I can’t take the device elsewhere since I have no place to put it. I tried moving it in the bathroom but there’s not enough room for it so that didn’t work for me. I also tried it in my bedroom one time but then I don’t want to have to bring it back into my living room or kitchen in the daytime. It's a big device. I can pick it up with one hand but then I’ve got to get the charger and the outlet is another problem. I test and reboot it every month but then they scare me whenever I do that as they’d call an ambulance. I asked for a new one but the problem is it’s still in a place where they can’t hear me and I can barely hear them.

I only prefer the mobile one because I can take it with me and it does fine at night. It’s been plugged in all day and I don’t take it to bed until 9:30 then I get up in the morning and put it back on the charger again. And if I’m going to the store, I make sure it’s always charged up. The information says it’s good for 30 hours but I wouldn’t trust that. Then if I was gonna spend the night with a friend, I would take the charger with me. But if I were in my room with that pendant on, I can hear them but they can’t hear me and I’m on the floor.

I called them twice in the last year and a half. I sent my information like who to call and how to get in, but then they say they don’t have it so that’s been a disaster. I had the whole world here at one time. I said that I’m okay, I’m just on the floor and I can’t get up. My head is under my side table and I see lights at my window. I don’t mind it but I live in an elderly neighborhood so I asked them to leave the sirens off as they’ll scare the hell out of everybody. They were good both times about that.

So then I quit locking the door between my garage and my house so they could get in. They stood on the ground and at that point, it looked like I’m on the second floor although I’m really not. I kept saying, “I’m here. I’m in here. Don’t go away.” But they couldn’t hear. It took them a while and I thought, “Oh, wow.” They had me send the information again. Now I don’t know if it’s there or not. They have my number but I wonder why they never call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 87 years old, living alone and I have had a fall. It's nice having the LifeFone device especially if I'm out walking my dog and I should fall. However, I don't like the idea of me having to wear the wristband and carrying the other little portable device. But it's a very good system and I feel confident that if I did have an emergency, somebody would come to me like Johnny on the spot. Also, the people at LifeFone have been very congenial. But it was strange one time when I received in the middle of the night a call from them, asking me if I was okay when everything seems fine at my place and I wasn't wearing any of my alert device.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear my LifeFone device constantly even when I sleep and when I go into the shower. It's part of my jewelry. I tested it once a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly. And the LifeFone team instantly responded. The woman that answered my call was very polite. I told her why I pushed the button and she said fine and thanked me for calling. It was a positive interaction with them. I appreciate knowing they're there if I needed help. The device works well and I can't imagine other brands that are better than this one. So I'm satisfied. The device makes me feel more secure which is good especially that I live alone, I'm in my 80’s and no one knows what can happen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter insists that I take LifeFone or she'd get mad at me. I'm very happy with them. I pressed my device when I was opening a can. They came on and I just told them it was a false alarm. The mistakes I made were handled very well, and their people were very nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband died and I'm living alone, so last Christmas my children decided to get me a Lifefone. Frankly I don't feel like I need it but it made them feel better so I've had it. I don't wear it around my neck hardly ever, but I always keep it nearby in the house. I keep it at night hanging on my bed. When I take my showers I have it right handy in case. I never had to have LifeFone call an ambulance for me but I'm comfortable that they would in case something happens because they answer my call when I test it. I hit it twice to test it and both times seem to work fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Every time I've made a mistake and bump the necklace, somebody has replied. They were very polite. It's comforting to know that I can push that little button and have some help because when I fell before, I had difficulty getting somebody to respond to my calls for help. I haven't used it yet, but so far, LifeFone has been very satisfactory.

LifeFone

Thank you for choosing LifeFone, we appreciate your business.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

My husband had passed away so I live alone. My daughters live out of state and they felt like I need something like LifeFone. My daughter communicated with them in the very beginning when I started and everything worked out all right. She said they’ve been very nice and answered the phone. Now I call them every 17th of the month to see if it works, and it does. When a person gets to my age, one gets worried about oneself, so I told a number of people about LifeFone and they said that they felt like they should have something like it too.

Ms. Bergeron,

Thank you for choosing LifeFone. We know that there are many other Medical Response services to choose from but what an honor that you chose us. We will continue to meet your expectations as we value you as a customer of LifeFone.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I’m 90 years old, almost blind, and walk with a cane. I got a LifeFone and I feel better with it on. I take it off once in a while when I go to church because I’m with my son. Outside of that, I wear it all this time even in the bath. The only thing wrong with it is the pendant because it’s stuck in one spot and I can’t move it. Even so, I’m very pleased with it. Everybody in LifeFone has been very nice so far and they’ve been very prompt. I have no complaints against them and I haven’t had to use it except to call in to report that everything’s okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my LifeFone alert device because I fall a lot. I have a bad back and neck and I can't get up when I fall. I recently moved and I have to hook the device back up and call them to get the service again, because I kept hitting the help button on the machine. Their people are nice, but sometimes it takes them forever to pick up when I call in on a month to test. I haven't had any emergency, but nobody called to check on me when I don't test the device. I've tested it three times in the last year, and if I fall in the house I'll be okay.

Sometimes I take off the device because I go out. Then I forget to put it back on when I get in the house. I know that they have a bracelet, and I had asked if I could get one but I never got that question answered. My Life Alert works through Wi-Fi and I was wondering why I can't have the one on my neck or the bracelet that no matter where I go they would find where I am, because I fall a lot when I'm not in the house and the device doesn't work unless I'm near the house. Also, I keep getting sent bills which I'm not supposed to be sent and they kept calling me and fixing it, but then I get the bills again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I only have cousins and live alone and everybody told me I needed to get a LifeFone. It relieves my mind a little, and I like that it's there if I need it. Their people are okay and I haven't had any problem with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter found LifeFone on the internet and told me about it. I got one and it's very convenient. They're very good about getting somebody out here if I need them. I got the mailing in the payment yesterday and it was $3.95 which I thought was high. Other than that, I'd give LifeFone the highest ranking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I only call LifeFone for the monthly test. I talk to the people and they’re very good. They make sure I’m all right. They say, “Do you need any help?” I'd reply no and that I’m only testing it. And they’re very good in responding to that. We haven’t had to use it but we have it on all the time. And it seems if we would need it, the response is pretty fast and good. We are very satisfied with LifeFone so far.

LifeFone Company Profile