4.66/5
Based on 149 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 4, 2018

591 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 4, 2018

Their reps know everything, were friendly and able to answer questions. The medical alert device fits into my lifestyle and comfortable to have on. I would tell my friends that LifeFone is fine.

Hello Page,

thanks for your feedback! we greatly appreciate your words and the time you've taken to provide your review.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I love my LifeFone. I live by myself and I’m 84 years old. I have fallen a couple of times, so it was a necessary thing. The LifeFone people have been most kind, even when I’ve hit the button accidentally. I had it go off one time in my house and I was out in my garage. I had my neighbor come running down asking if I was alright. I had accidentally hit the button but I didn’t hear it go off in the house, and they were immediately here. The only thing I am not happy with LifeFone is when they take the payment and they do not notify me. I only get a small pension and sometimes I don’t have $300 in my checking account.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

My nieces decided that I needed a LifeFone because I would be 94 years old in a week and I live alone. They were concerned that I might fall and purchased it for me. I wear it religiously since I promised them that I would. I thought it was very sweet of them to buy it for me. We have it tested once in a while. I'm very satisfied with it. One time, I accidentally hit it and it scared me to death. I yelled so I apologized and the lady said that it was all right. She was very nice about the incident.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I wear a necklace from LifeFone and I'm well covered. I'm here alone at night, and so having my medical alert device is a logical thing to do and it helps, too. All is well and it's here and I use it if I need it.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

The LifeFone device is like a necklace and it's easy to wear. Every month I call them to check in and see, and they know that I've called. I could also call them if I need anything. If my friends needed an alert device, I would tell them that LifeFone is great and just go ahead and get one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

My grandmother suffered a stroke some years ago and at the time she was staying by herself. As she progresses in age, we wanted to have someone with her. She also has a LifeFone, which she enjoys. She tests it once a month and some of the representatives will go on and ask her if there was a problem or something that she may be experiencing. Their demeanor is that of concern, but I have noticed that they've been slow to respond a couple of times. Sometimes they will be right on and then other times it's been a few couple of minutes or so. Other than that, LifeFone seems to be a helpful system. It's beneficial especially to seniors or those who are experiencing health challenges. We want to know that someone is there in the events that we aren't there to help our loved ones.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I have concerns about falling and my age, and I live alone. LifeFone has been wonderful. I wear the LifeFone around my neck and it's easy to use. Their team has been right there whenever I accidentally hit the button and the response time has been great. The device usually gets hit once in a while, and they tell me to check the it monthly.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I had fallen and I was down for eight hours three years ago. And luckily, my neighbor was home and he heard me yelling through the wall. He got the fire department and police department over. He called the landlord and let them know too. I ordered the system from LifeFone because eight hours was a long time to lie there because I couldn't get myself up. It has worked out fine when I've had to use it, except for the last time, they didn't tell the fire department where my outside key was. And so, my door got a little destroyed.

I pressed the button, then the person came on and asked, "What's going on?" I told them that I had fallen. When they communicated to the fire department, I thought they were supposed to communicate that my outside key for them to get in was in a certain location because that was put on my paperwork where it was. They didn't communicate it to the fire department and the fire department proceeded to break down my door. I kept calling and yelling at them, "Don't hit the door. Go to the air conditioner." It's magnetized to the bottom of my air conditioner. But they couldn't hear me and kept hitting the door. And so, I kept pushing the button for LifeFone to call me again and I couldn't get them to call me again so I could tell them to tell the fire department where the key was. That's the only problem I've ever had.

LifeFone's response time is fine because the fire department building is within a half a mile of where I live. Interactions I've had with the people at LifeFone were fine, too. I have no problems with them. After the experiences I've had, if people ask me about them, I'd tell them to sign up because you never know when you're going to get stuck someplace.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I live alone and I'm an old lady, and I've had my LifeFone for so long. I got it around my neck all the time and while I haven't had to use it, if I need it, I will push the button and get help. LifeFone is like a lifesaver. If I fall in the house or I happen to be outdoors and I fall, I'll push it and I will get a response. I bumped it against the sink once and it went off. So I went back and told them I had just bumped it against the sink. I would recommend it to one of my friends who probably needs it. And I'd tell her that it's a safeguard. In case she'd fall, she can push it and get somebody who comes on the line.

Hello Mary Lou,

Thanks for your review, we are delighted that you would recommend our service to anyone and that you are enjoying the wonderful service that LifeFone strives to provide to each of our subscribers.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I live alone and I'm 90 years old. And my kids insisted that I get a LifeFone. I have hit it several times accidentally and it has gone off but sometimes it doesn't. One time, the sheriff came and said he had a notice that I was down. But I just had bumped the necklace and didn't realize that it was on. I've only had LifeFone come once. It was late at night and they came, picked me up, and put me to bed. And I feel safer with my LifeFone if I'm outside the garden. The main thing is to have it on your body all the time because you don't know when you might fall.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I've been living alone since my husband died and I'm old. I have a LifeFone and I can press the button and the LifeFone team would get the help for me if I need it in case I can't get to a phone or anybody. They react real quick. When I have an emergency, they'd call right away to see if I'm okay. And they're very polite. Others got to have it, too.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I like that my LifeFone makes me feel comfortable. And even though I have some help who sometimes spends the night with me, they still leave my device out where I can put my hands on it. In fact, it's positioned next to my bed. And when I'm in my house at night alone, I know somebody's out there to help me if I need it. I used the button on my LifeFone device, and the response was fast. I called the police and told them I thought somebody was loitering outside my window, and they were right here.

Good afternoon Dorothy,

many thanks for the feedback! We're please to hear you're satisfied with our company and the service we have provided to you. If we can do anything to improve our service please feel free to contact us, we're here to help our subscribers 24/7.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My daughter got LifeFone for us so that we have something here. Since we have it, I feel safer and if I need 911, they're very close and I just pick up the phone. When I pushed the button, they got back to me very quickly. It’s a good thing to have when I need it in an emergency.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

LifeFone has been good. And the hospital people have been good, too. I used to have seizures so I got a LifeFone device, and I like it so far. I'm satisfied with what I got. And when I'm alone at night time, in case I've got a seizure LifeFone will know what to do.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My LifeFone fits beautifully into my life. I have the wristband and I wear it all the time. It’s very comfortable and it’s waterproof but I take it off to take a shower since I don’t want to risk it. I get excellent service from LifeFone and it’s probably within four seconds or even less when I push that button on my wrist that they’re on the line. Customer service would answer and ask if I'm all right.

LifeFone response

Great feedback, Zelda! We appreciate your review and the time you've taken to share your feedback. We aim to provide wonderful customer service to each of our LifeFone subscribers and are here for you 24/7.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I have been using LifeFone for about four months. A social worker helped me locate them. If I need it it’s there. Sometimes it goes off when I'm changing clothes and I don’t know whether I hit something I shouldn’t have. They come on the line quickly and then I let them know that it’s not an emergency. But I don’t know what to do with it in the bathroom. I don’t know whether to hang it on the chair or whether to hang it some place so I can get to it because I don’t want to necessarily keep it on while I’m bathing. But that’s no big deal so I don’t worry about it that much. And I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I was moved here to Quincy Village and I signed in, I was given a LifeFone right away. They have it for everyone who is listed here in case we fall, so we can punch the button and get help. I bought the one around my neck but it was bothering me. I couldn't get my jewelry right in closing it, so I got a wrist one which I like better. I carry it with me all the time and I feel safe with it. I’m 96 and it’s very handy to have. I used it one time as I was chasing a roach in the house and spraying it as I was going in just behind the stairs. I didn't get hurt but I just couldn't get up again. They came immediately and helped me up, and they wanted to know if I was hurt or if I needed to go to the emergency room.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My family wanted me to be safe in case I fell and I'm alone in the house. I got LifeFone when I went to the hospital, and I've had it for almost five years. The response time is very good. I test it once a month at the beginning of the month and they're very pleasant when we interact. They also do what they have to do. I had an emergency one time and the police and an ambulance came. It's definitely a comfort and I never take it off. However, one time I switched from my device to something that's outside the house. I fell outside over something and the device was supposed to work, but it didn't. I wasn't happy with it, so I went back to the original one which is in the home. I would recommend LifeFone overall. Every older person should have it. I'd tell those at the senior center to get it if they don't have it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I live by myself and if I fall, I can't get up by myself and can't walk. LifeFone makes me feel safe. It's convenient to wear. I've also had a good experience with their staff. However, I would have liked to have a unit that I could use outside of my house.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I’m in the house a lot. I have the LifeFone pendant and it's okay. The device is a good idea and it gives comfort, especially in the shower. But it seems to me that if it’s really an emergency, it takes them a little bit too long to answer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I'm very unsteady on my feet and I use a walker. I've had a couple of falls and so, I needed a medical alert. I'm happy to have LifeFone. Two weeks ago I fell. I called their people, they answered right away, and they immediately called my son. He came home and everything was fine. I ended up in the hospital. I feel safe with LifeFone and it is nice to have. If I fell and I didn't have it, I could have called 911 but having LifeFone was better.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

When I do my testing, a couple of girls seem like they’re a little bit irritated. I tell them that I’m just doing my monthly test like I’ve been instructed to do. They ask me if everything is okay and I tell them yes. But they question my calling. I’ve been in customer service my whole life. I supervise the employment insurance division for the State of Nevada and we monitored calls. I don’t know if LifeFone does it because they can playback these responses this team has when they get a call.

Also I had two necklaces because I upgraded to the fall detector and it didn’t work. So a LifeFone manager credited me a couple of months for that and I still have it. I tested both of them, my old one which works fine and my fall detector which does not work. I still have the device but I asked if I could send this back, that they can send me an envelope like they typically do, but the rep said they can’t do that. I told her that I got a device that’s not activated and that they probably could use it or recycle it. I told her to have her manager call me and she said she would, but I never got a callback from the manager. Still, I’ve had my LifeFone device for years and they have a rapid response, less than a minute. So I’ve still had a good experience with LifeFone.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’ve had LifeFone for years and it works very well. I wear it all the time and it is comfortable. Not often but occasionally, I hit the button in the night and the people at LifeFone have always been so nice when I tell them it was just an accident.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I'm 91 years old and I've had LifeFone for many years. My husband was deceased and my son was staying with me but he worked at night. I was by myself a lot of times and then I fell and broke my hip. I call them sometimes. Sometimes my grandkids were here and it went off. We have to get it straightened out. They were nice and they were right on the dot. They answered this the quickest and I've never had a problem that I can recall. I wear the device around my neck and it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't be without it if I can have it. I keep it all around my neck. I sleep with it and everybody should have it. I'm happy with LifeFone and it is one of the greatest things in older people. I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The LifeFone is a good piece of equipment and I've had it for quite a while. It does its job and I've been very satisfied with it. I used my device a couple of times like when I fell one time and I got a quick response. I've had a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My children wanted me to have this type of button. Getting myself a LifeFone was the most reasonable plan that I could find and it seems like every year they go up a little more so I’m shopping for the best price. But I have found that this one works just as well as the one I had for $35. It was $10 more a month for that phone. And this company seems to work just as well as the other one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I’m 80 now, have almost no equilibrium and can’t stand on my toe. I’ve broken almost everything with different falls over the years and even fell right in the middle of the street one time. Also, I use a walker but sometimes I leave it in the car and I don’t use it in my home, and it’s concerning for me if I needed immediate assistance, so I got a LifeFone. I did some research and both my son and I felt Lifefone is a good medical alert service. I also felt that I needed it.

I wear the necklace all the time or have it close to my bed, and I also take it in the shower with me. However, I don’t wear it at night because it bothers me, so I put it on my nightstand where I know exactly where it is. Also, the one thing that I don’t like about it is that it has a clip on it that doesn’t work with the clothing that I wear. So, I have to have a pocket or have the device in my purse, but I don’t like to take my big purse to shopping. I tend to forget to carry it when I leave and go somewhere, and the necklace is no good if I don’t have that device with me. But it works fine if I have a pocket in my slacks or my jeans. I feel secure with it and it’s important that I have it. It's great and I like it very much.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My daughter got me a LifeFone and she said in case I have an accident, I could push it for help. I called their team when it fell off and got disconnected, and they treated me fine. LifeFone is good for convenience and it’s there in case I need it.

LifeFone response

Ella Mae, thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience. We're glad that you enjoy the service and will use this review to improve our service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have LifeFone for three months now. I have some health issues and in case I have a fall and if nobody was here with me, I could call. However, they're not that great as I had trouble twice already. It rings one time and then I answer it, and it's already stopped, so I can't get calls. Still, I feel safe knowing that I am connected to them so I have peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I fell and I was not able to get up. I was here by myself, had no way to get any help and I couldn't get to the phone so I ended up crawling and pulling myself across my living room and kitchen. That turned out to be a big thing for me so I got myself a LifeFone. I’ve tested it and when I dropped it by accident, their response was immediate. I feel safe having my LifeFone and I don't have the fear of falling like I have done in the past. I'm satisfied with it and I would recommend it to anybody that needs one.

Good morning Doris,

Great feedback! We are very happy to hear that you have had nothing but great experiences with your system and that if you need the help you will always get it. We aim to provide the more then perfect service for our customers!

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

As part of its commitment to providing emergency services, LifeFone includes a price lock, so the first price charged is the only price a customer will ever pay.

• The equipment is waterproof: Help buttons are waterproof so they can be worn in the shower, one of the most likely places for people to fall.

• There is a lifetime warranty on the equipment: Equipment costs can rapidly drive up the price on a medical alert system. Having a warranty ensures equipment maintenance and replacement when needed.

• There are no activation or equipment fees: LifeFone requires no activation or equipment fees for their annual, quarterly or monthly pricing options. Each billing option also includes a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information