Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

729 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I've had a bad experience with LifeFone. I use a walker and I have a disability situation going, and when I first got LifeFone, we got a lesser setup. Then after about a month, we changed and put in a a little larger one. But when we did get an alert, they could not find my information because they never recorded the fact that I had gone from one station to an upgraded one. So that was a problem. On top of that, the experience when dealing with their reps was very poor. At one point, a good friend went down there and they blamed her for not knowing what was going on. She went back and forth, and they had words. He was telling her she was wrong. Then she found out they had no record of the change of systems. So it turned out to be a waste of time for her to spend about 45 minutes trying to get through. The person she talked to was not very nice either and she told him that.

I also got a new watch band but I had the watch fall out of the band, which was the trouble I had with the first one. So this watch band is the same as the watch band that I sent in. With the first band, I had found the watch on the floor and the watch band without the watch on my wrist. That was the first experience. I've also been so afraid to use the other pendant because it seems like half of the time that I try to pick it up, it goes off.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a LifeFone because I’m home alone all day. It makes me feel that I do have help if I need it. One time, I had accidentally set it off and they checked to see if I was okay.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I live alone in a big old farmhouse out in the country. My kids got me a LifeFone. Thus far, I have had to call it once and have help come to get me up when I fell in a snowbank. I've also had their team respond when something gets tangled in the cord of the device when I'm sleeping. I try to get that undone and that makes the signal to them. I feel very comfortable with the device knowing I’ve got it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I did a lot of research online and LifeFone seemed to have good reviews. Also, the price was competitive. There was a lot of monitoring systems out there that people had a lot of trouble with and I didn’t see any of those types of reviews on LifeFone so, we went with them. My mom had been in the hospital and she had 24/7 care with me being here during the day and we had home health aides in the evening to stay with her. Her prognosis improved so, we went to me staying over here during the day and then she has the fall detection monitor at night to replace the folks who were coming over. The only way that I can leave in the evening is that I know she’s got that on.

I don’t live that far from her. Our instruction is to call me first if she does not respond and then, I can be over here in less than five minutes. Usually, when the monitor goes off, my mom is in bed and she said that the reps were very courteous. They would ask her if she was okay and she would tell them yes. I told her that it means that it’s working. The gentleman I talked with prior to signing on explained how the pendant worked. It has a gyroscope in there and the other thing as far as what might set it off falsely. So, that gave us a little bit more information than what we were getting just reading what was online. We got the device in the middle of November last year and I’m very satisfied at this point. I hope it stays that way.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I’ve tested my LifeFone twice since I’ve had it and the response time was sufficient. I feel very comfortable with the button and I’m glad I have it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was told I could have a LifeFone because my wife does a lot of falling. In fact, she has fallen twice and I used the button to get help. The response time could be a little bit quicker though. The time it took for me to get to talk to the person at the other end felt like 30 seconds. That seems like a long time when you’re in that situation but it really isn’t. Everything else has been great though.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I got a LifeFone due to my age and the fact that I live by myself. I like the mobility with LifeFone. I can wear it wherever I go, not just in the house but when shopping and other things as well. It goes where I go. I wear it on my neck and it’s tolerable in terms of comfort. I feel more secure now. I do testing once a month and I get a quick response.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’m normally by myself and I work by myself. I had a stroke about a year and a half ago, and my son wanted a LifeFone even though it’s only local. I haven’t used it yet as I haven’t really needed it, but so far so good. I bumped it one day and I hit the call button, and they called were pretty prompt about it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have very weak knees and LifeFone is where I'd gotten help for my knees. I've been doing just fine with it. It's very helpful and it's very satisfying for me to have help with my knees.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My kids wanted me to have a LifeFone because I’m here most of the time by myself. I have not needed it for an emergency. But what bothers me is it’s really easy to accidentally set off and they were simple things. I had picked up a pile of stuff and it must have hit up against the necklace. One time, I was at the sink and I was doing dishes. I don’t know if I hit up against the counter when I was doing them. In total, since I’ve gotten it, I've set it off five times. And I think that’s a lot.

The last time here, when it went off, I was getting aggravated. We went through what we had to go through, name, address, and all this. And there’s nothing going on. And said, “can I help you in any other way?” I said, “I don’t think so.” My daughter says there’s nothing and I don’t press anything or do anything to the machine when it goes off. But it gives it a little bit of time, like 5 to 10 minutes and then it comes back and asks me the questions. And I don’t like that. I hope I could press the little round thing and as soon as it goes off and there’s nothing wrong, I can talk to somebody, and that would be it. But my kids are very happy that I have it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

LifeFone is wonderful and I wanna keep it. People who live alone here call in every morning to make sure they know that you’re okay. If you don’t call in, they call back to see what’s going on. I wasn’t hearing too good and I didn’t hear the phone, so they came through the door. I have pushed the button for a LifeFone and the two guys from the gate here at the country club came in and had an ambulance take me to Eisenhower Medical Center for a couple of days of observation. So, it works fine and I’m very happy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My husband can’t get around very well. He doesn't walk well, he's not strong on his legs and he falls. Sometimes, he would punch the button on his medical alert device but he didn’t mean to and the LifeFone team would come on the line and see what was the matter. Everybody was nice about it and everything was taken care of. Having the device makes both of us feel safer. We're fortunate he has not needed it so that's great but he's got it if he does. We're pleased with LifeFone.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We went to a site on the internet and it gave LifeFone good reviews. We've known about this type of product, and I was interested in getting it for my mom. She's happy with it. She got it a few weeks ago and she tried to test it and it works great.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My dad had a fall and I'm not home in the evening because I work, so I decided to get LifeFone's medical alert device for him. They are an outstanding company and when I talked to their reps, they knew their stuff and they cared about us as customers. And any time I've interacted with them had been an excellent experience. Knowing that we have the device makes me feel good, too. We also got the GPS one, so when my dad goes out by himself, I feel like he's protected.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My grandson got a LifeFone for me. Their rep set the alarm off when we first set it up just to tell the response team that it works. I just keep it but it kinda makes my neck sore. So far, my experience has been good.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

The first LifeFone I got did not work because it was not compatible with my landline, and I mailed it back two days ago. I received the new one and so far, it’s working. I’m not that good with tech stuff, but I had no trouble setting it up. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I wear the LifeFone wristwatch 24 hours a day. My wife died about a month ago and I’m now living alone in the apartment. I feel it necessary to have that available to me. I also use it away from the apartment. When we first got the system, we tested it and the response was good. I live in a retirement community, but I’m in independent living apartment so I feel much more comfortable having the alert system. I’m sure my kids feel a lot safer, too. I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I got a medical alert device as a preventative measure and I had friends who had LifeFone. The LifeFone person I went to was also very nice. He explained everything and made the onboarding process easier. I would recommend him. I would tell others to talk to him and see what they want to do. Although I would rather not have the LifeFone device, it gives me support if I need it. Plus my kids wanted it. It works and everything is fine.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

People at LifeFone called me and asked me a few questions. At first, I told them no. But then they told me what could happen if I should fall again. I could get help. Then they sent me a life alert system, which I got a few days ago. It’s very good and I would tell others to get it. I’m happy to know that it may save my life and in not having it, things could go wrong.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I wear my LifeFone device around my neck and it’s comfortable. So far, I’m adjusting to it and accepting it. I’m living alone, I’m 92 years old, and my daughter thought it was time for me to have it. I would recommend LifeFone to other people.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My daughter got me a LifeFone while I was in the hospital. She told me that had something that I could wear around my neck or wrist and that I should be wearing it at all times. Since having it, I don't even know that I have it on. It gives me a lot of confidence.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My husband started working the evening hours and he doesn't get home until 11:30 at night. It was recommended that I get a medical alert device and we decided to get one from LifeFone. Everybody there has been very nice and helpful. I got two devices from them, a watch and a necklace. I wear the necklace when I go to the shower and the watch when I go to bed. I have them on at all times when my husband isn't here. Since getting the devices, I've felt safer. I tested the devices when I got them and got a quick response from LifeFone's team.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I’m 81 and my sister is 88. She’s a little wobbly on her feet. LifeFone would call a lot so I finally took their medical alert device. However, they wanted us to put it together. They were instructing us on the phone and we couldn’t do it. There is a little piece of plastic at the end and we ought to put it in the box and the machine. Though we understood what they were saying, we couldn't find the hole where the wire goes. It's too much trouble and I want to send the whole thing back. It's just laying in the box.

LifeFone response

Thank you, Ms. Balatri for taking the time to speak with me. You expressed concerns about the original service that was ordered and how it was too complicated for you and your sister to hook up. I'm glad I was able to provide you with a much simpler system to hook up that still suits the needs of you and your sister. LifeFone is very pleased to have you and your sister as our valued customers and will always thrive to bring you both the service that you expect and deserve. If you have any issues and/or concerns feel free to reach out to our team at anytime since we are here 24/7 for all questions or concerns at 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had a very good experience interacting with the reps from LifeFone. They answered all my questions. I liked the discussion I had with them and found the price of their device and service acceptable. Thus far, I'm satisfied with LifeFone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My father is 95 years old and I feel 100% better with him having this LifeFone device because I know if he falls or if he doesn’t feel well, all he has to do is push that button. We’re quite happy with it. Before I purchased it, I did quite a bit of research and their program seemed to have the best reviews for the quality of coverage and the amount of money. The people there were great too. They were knowledgeable of their product and they answered every question. Before we disconnected, they even wanted to make sure that I understood everything that was discussed about the product. I couldn’t ask for a better customer service. It was excellent. And if I have any questions, I don’t think twice about picking up the phone, calling and asking.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I live by myself, I’m 95 years old, and I got two bad legs. I use a walker to help me around. My son got a LifeFone device for me. When I test it, the response time is okay. I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I press the emergency button to check it and see if the LifeFone people would answer, and it has been fine. They told me to do that once a month and when I apparently forgot to do it one month, they called me, which was good. My interactions with them have been very good as well. They sound professional yet interested. I've told others that they should really get a LifeFone. If you're concerned at all, you should. As for me, I decided to get a medical alert device because of my age. People were also saying that I really should have one because I live alone. Now, I feel more comfortable knowing that if I don’t feel good, I can call LifeFone if I need an ambulance.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I appreciate LifeFone's patience and their help when we needed it. My mother is doing fine with her LifeFone device. The people at LifeFone have always been helpful and they were very patient answering my questions, and changing over to LifeFone was very easy. We had another system before and we were having problems with it. My mother was living by herself, but she isn’t now. Still, she wears her LifeFone device every day. She hasn’t needed to push her button for help, but it gives all of us a sense of security to know she has it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My son and daughter-in-law both work and many times I'm here all alone. And sometimes I have a slight imbalance and I'm on oxygen all the time. So I got a medical alert device from LifeFone as a safety precaution, especially if I'm in the shower and they've already left to work. I tried it one time when we had a power outage. LifeFone's team was nice and my experience with them was good. I called them back quickly and said that it was just a test. But if you really needed help and you pushed the button, then they'd send someone to the house. I wear the device all the time except when I lay down and go to bed at night. It's comfortable and a good thing for an elderly person. We've recommended it to a neighbor and she got it since her husband passed away several months ago.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I'm 90 years old and I just got home from the hospital with pneumonia. My kids set up my LifeFone. They wanted me to have something here that would be quick for me. I have the device either around my neck or it's on my walker. I feel good that my LifeFone is here in case I need it. It's very handy and others should get it.

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

Ensure independence and safety for any lifestyle with in-home and on-the-go options. Round-the-clock U.S. coverage has provided over 40 years of reliable service that’s recognized and recommended by doctors and hospitals.

• 40+ years of experience: Almost a half-century of providing reliable care and emergency medical assistance.

• 24/7 care: Dedicated, kind and professional operators are available 24/7 to ensure your safety.

• 30-day guarantee: Return your equipment within the first 30 days for a full refund.

• Consumer-friendly policies: Equipment is guaranteed for lifetime subscribers, plus spouses are protected for free. Cancel anytime.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information