4.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 200 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

566 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My children wanted me to have this type of button. Getting myself a LifeFone was the most reasonable plan that I could find and it seems like every year they go up a little more so I’m shopping for the best price. But I have found that this one works just as well as the one I had for $35. It was $10 more a month for that phone. And this company seems to work just as well as the other one.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I’m 80 now, have almost no equilibrium and can’t stand on my toe. I’ve broken almost everything with different falls over the years and even fell right in the middle of the street one time. Also, I use a walker but sometimes I leave it in the car and I don’t use it in my home, and it’s concerning for me if I needed immediate assistance, so I got a LifeFone. I did some research and both my son and I felt Lifefone is a good medical alert service. I also felt that I needed it.

I wear the necklace all the time or have it close to my bed, and I also take it in the shower with me. However, I don’t wear it at night because it bothers me, so I put it on my nightstand where I know exactly where it is. Also, the one thing that I don’t like about it is that it has a clip on it that doesn’t work with the clothing that I wear. So, I have to have a pocket or have the device in my purse, but I don’t like to take my big purse to shopping. I tend to forget to carry it when I leave and go somewhere, and the necklace is no good if I don’t have that device with me. But it works fine if I have a pocket in my slacks or my jeans. I feel secure with it and it’s important that I have it. It's great and I like it very much.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My daughter got me a LifeFone and she said in case I have an accident, I could push it for help. I called their team when it fell off and got disconnected, and they treated me fine. LifeFone is good for convenience and it’s there in case I need it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have LifeFone for three months now. I have some health issues and in case I have a fall and if nobody was here with me, I could call. However, they're not that great as I had trouble twice already. It rings one time and then I answer it, and it's already stopped, so I can't get calls. Still, I feel safe knowing that I am connected to them so I have peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I fell and I was not able to get up. I was here by myself, had no way to get any help and I couldn't get to the phone so I ended up crawling and pulling myself across my living room and kitchen. That turned out to be a big thing for me so I got myself a LifeFone. I’ve tested it and when I dropped it by accident, their response was immediate. I feel safe having my LifeFone and I don't have the fear of falling like I have done in the past. I'm satisfied with it and I would recommend it to anybody that needs one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My husband died a few years ago and I live alone. I have a heart condition, diabetes, and a lung disease. I had a small stroke a few years ago too and I couldn't talk, so a telephone did me no good. With the LifeFone medical alert device, I felt like I have somebody in the house with me and it’s very convenient. I sometimes get tired of it hanging around my neck. But, other than that, it has been good. When it had gone off accidentally, they called me and I was able to tell them it was accidental, and they were very nice about it. Then a couple of times I needed them, and I could not talk on the phone, they sent help right away in the middle of the night! They have been wonderful!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I’ve told about LifeFone to several individuals. I’ve had three spells of where I passed out and my son and my wife decided that I needed to take in some equipment if I’ll have another one and have to be totally by myself. I've had too many strokes and the family decided we needed to take precautionary measures. LifeFone would call to test if the device works and it has been satisfactory. I've got the GPS one hooked to my belt which doesn't bother me as I've gotten used to it. At night, I put the alert button on a necklace.

LifeFone's response has been appropriate and so far, we have had to go through two emergencies and they were taken care of over the phone. One of them was when I was out because of the livestock. I was in the shed and picking up a feed sack and passed out. It took me a little while to regain my equilibrium. The other was when I had been bent over and fell down and they called about the emergency on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We've come to the point where the family realized that we needed help for safety reasons. We were concerned because my husband had fallen. He can't withstand his medication so he has to rely on me to help him stay balanced without falling. And I myself have fallen in the past on an icy driveway or walkway. The only sad thing that happened was I misplaced my LifeFone over a month ago and I cannot find it. I called LifeFone and they said it would cost almost $90 to replace it. I told them our resources aren't that great and I didn't feel I wanted to put that out. My husband had one for the wrist in the package and his neck phone was a little smaller than mine. It's white and mine was black. He didn't want to wear his though so what I did was to use his. I activated it with the master LifeFone here. I used it and it worked.

We have accidentally hit it and they respond so fast. They're very good. They also like to be made known at least once a month that I'm here and that everything is going well. I hope not to use it for emergency but it's comforting to know that help is right here. When I leave the house and go away from it, I can't take my cellphone or my pendant with me. I leave it near the LifeFone base so it's handy when I get back home, and put it back on. I would recommend LifeFone to anyone in our shape and condition.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I'm up in my 80s and I like to be in a situation where if I have a bad fall and I can't get up, I can just press a medical alert button. I got a LifeFone and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My son got LifeFone for me in case I needed it. Like if I fell and somehow I couldn’t get up. When I've tested it, their response time takes a little while, but not terribly long. When they responded, my interaction with them has been very good.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I can’t get up by myself if I fall so my daughter got me a LifeFone. I’ve had it for about two years now. I wear it around my neck but it is not comfortable, and I lay it on the dresser at night. It’s been a good experience and it makes my daughter less worried knowing that I have LifeFone.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I fell a couple of times because I have an issue with my blood pressure. I fell at home the day I left for North Carolina where my daughter lives and I also fell when I was down there. And so, I got myself a LifeFone. I have a balance problem too so I’m very careful now. I don’t walk on the grass anymore and I don’t do any gardening. I have it done. I accidentally turned it on one time and I spoke with a gentleman who was very nice. I also talked to a young lady once and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The device is sitting way in the back of one of my bookcases, and it’s plugged in. It’s a fine thing to have. I know it’s there and I’m happy to have it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My daughter bought LifeFone for my wife who fell one time downstairs. Then, they got one for me because I’d be alone. When my wife passed away, I kept mine and they turned in the other one back then. One time, the power went off. I was upstairs and the button went on then somebody called. The lady told me to push the button which I did and the emergency button went on. Then, the ambulance and police came to my house and the alarm in my house went off, too. It wasn’t my mistake. The lady I spoke to was friendly, though. I’m satisfied with LifeFone and when I go sometimes to the Senior Citizens, I’d tell those people who ask me they could get one, too.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I was looking on the internet for medical response systems and LifeFone sounded like the best deal for what I needed. My wife has Alzheimer’s and I was concerned about her. We’ve had LifeFone for about six months now. I wear the bracelet and my wife wears the necklace, and the devices are fine. At night, sometimes I wear it and sometimes we leave it on the nightstand. One time, I called in and told them we're doing a test. They wanted to verify there was no emergency and I said, “Okay.” However, it was hard for the reps to understand us talking for some reason and I had to repeat what I’m saying a lot.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I live alone and my daughter has worried less about me since owning LifeFone. I wear it around my neck and it's comfortable. Even though I have hit it accidentally about four times. One time I hit it on the washing machine and another time it went off when I was making the bed so I try to keep it on the side. Each time I hit it they have always answered quickly and they were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Getting a medical alert device was my son's idea. Also, the people in the hospital I ended up in said that I needed one at home. I live alone and they didn't want me to be alone. My son went ahead in getting LifeFone while I was still in the hospital and after I was out of the hospital, I was in a care center for two months. The device is not being used and I keep it on a tray beside my chair because I'm only five feet tall and it gets caught in my clothes. I also have a cat that sits on my lap about 80% of the day.

It's bothersome sometimes because every other month, they're telling me that it has failed, and we have to go through a whole rigorous stuff. I didn't understand why they had to keep doing it over and over every other month. The last time, which was back in October, because it's not near where I have to sit, I have to get out of the chair and go over to the base and stand, which I don't do very well, and we went through it. I lock up and then I can't move. I'm sitting in an automatic chair that goes up and down with a push button. I hit my full and I finally told her that I can't stand any longer.

I don't understand why that it's just sitting on my record player and why it should fail. It's just an excuse to get me to go through everything which means I've got to get my book, look up the number and do all the different things. If something isn't even a year old, it shouldn't have failed each and every time that they blinked me on. The last few times that it happened, they called because something went wrong with the button. It was because I dropped it, just picking it up. It's almost annoying. I just got it back on, and then it's off again. I guess I just have to live with it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I fell three times so my daughter bought the LifeFone device for me. I've had it for four months now and I wear it in a bracelet. I tested it once and talked to a girl for five minutes and it worked out fine.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I live alone and my two sons urged me to get one of those medical alert things. I've had the LifeFone for seven months now and I wear the device on my neck. I take it off at night but it's very close still. I also test it once a month to check in and it goes fine. I press the button and somebody says, “Emergency! Emergency! Emergency!” Then I have to wait until someone gets on the line. My interactions with them have been friendly and they call me by first name. The experience has been satisfactory.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My son put LifeFone here for me because he thought I might need it since I'm very old. So far, it's easy to use, comfortable and convenient. I haven't used it yet because I'm a very healthy and happy person and live my life day by day but it is nice to have the device.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My arthritis was bad and I had surgery on my knees four years ago. I was also in the hospital due to a light stroke. Though I have my family close, I got a LifeFone. The one I have on my neck has given me security and I’m doing fine with it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I'm enjoying my LifeFone. Their staff knew what they're talking about and they help me out a lot. Each month, I do my ticket thing and they fix and reset the unit for me without me having to ask them so I like that.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I've got the LifeFone around my neck and it works fine. I put a chain on it with magnetic things to hold it so I could get it on and off easily. Sometimes at night, I take it off and lay it right on my bedside stand. But, generally, I've got it on most all the time, except when it starts to be irritating. I dropped it the other day and they called right back. They wanted to know what was wrong and I told them that I was okay. Everything is fine and their reps have all been very nice. I'm happy and satisfied with LifeFone and my kids are relieved that I've got this. I live way out and they're afraid I'm going to fall and not have anybody to help me. It's a lot better now that I have this device. If I have problems, I can get it taken care of. I've got peace of mind and I feel a little safer having this with me all the time. I would recommend LifeFone to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My brother and I were both old and we got LifeFone so when we fall, we could use it. I wear the thing around my neck all the time and it gives me peace of mind to think that there will be somebody to help. I’d recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have the one that's like a wristwatch and it's comfortable to use. I've used it for emergency and they responded quickly. Everything with LifeFone is fine.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My daughter was very concerned and she talked me into getting LifeFone. I slithered down once and I used it to get somebody to get me. They respond very quickly, especially whenever I drop the device and it goes off.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’m 86 and I live by myself. I get around good but my daughter thinks I ought to have LifeFone so she got it for me. She paid it for a year in advance and added the extra deal that when I fall, it would go off. It was $350 for a year but LifeFone gave one year for free. However, it's a little bothersome to keep it and it went off a couple of times when I was in bed. When I turned over, it turned on and pushed it and they responded immediately. They woke me up a couple of times during the night, said it was alert and asked what was wrong.

It happened twice and their rep mentioned that I might need to change it to one that wasn’t as sensitive, but I decided to quit wearing it in bed and put it on the nightstand. One time, I was at the bar and it was sitting over beside the bed when it started ticking fast like a clock for a few minutes and I wondered why. Now, it has quit that and it's not making any sound. I also fell last week and hit the floor but it didn’t go off. I try to wear it about all the time and it stays plugged in all the time too. But their reps have been friendly. I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I live by myself and I fall so I decided that I needed some way to get help. I got a LifeFone medical alert device and when I call to report something, it's working out fine. When I fall, I press the button and someone will answer. I'm glad I have it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My LifeFone has been fine but it goes off even when nobody has touched it although their people had been very friendly. My daughter got it for me because I kept falling and now I can get a hold of somebody when I fall.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Rachel is aging and she got a LifeFone. She wears the necklace and takes it off when she showers. The people at LifeFone are courteous to her, and she'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We've had LifeFone for about three years now and it's been good. My wife had a stroke and my health deteriorated. I walk a couple of miles a day but I had a couple of falls. I fell twice in the house so I saw we had a local LifeFone agent and decided that I needed one. Having LifeFone gives my wife and I confidence that we could get medical attention quickly. Their service has been adequate and satisfactory. Everything they told and that I have experienced and asked for help has been forthcoming.

LifeFone Company Information

www.lifefone.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use