Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

700 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My son and daughter-in-law both work and many times I'm here all alone. And sometimes I have a slight imbalance and I'm on oxygen all the time. So I got a medical alert device from LifeFone as a safety precaution, especially if I'm in the shower and they've already left to work. I tried it one time when we had a power outage. LifeFone's team was nice and my experience with them was good. I called them back quickly and said that it was just a test. But if you really needed help and you pushed the button, then they'd send someone to the house. I wear the device all the time except when I lay down and go to bed at night. It's comfortable and a good thing for an elderly person. We've recommended it to a neighbor and she got it since her husband passed away several months ago.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I'm 90 years old and I just got home from the hospital with pneumonia. My kids set up my LifeFone. They wanted me to have something here that would be quick for me. I have the device either around my neck or it's on my walker. I feel good that my LifeFone is here in case I need it. It's very handy and others should get it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

If you are considering a medical alert service, I suggest LifeFone. Their device keeps me more alert. I had broken my hip so I have to use a walker when I walk. I have fallen several times, so my daughter suggested that we get LifeFone. My interactions with their people have been perfect and very real. I dropped the device a couple of times and they responded quickly.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I’m very satisfied with LifeFone. I accidentally leaned on my device a couple of times and the buzzer went off, and LifeFone's team responded immediately. I also have a thing on my door where some people can get in in case my door is locked.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had really swollen ankles and that set me back a little bit. My legs were swollen and sore and although they are a lot better now, I wouldn’t be in my position that I am now, in terms of being very cautious, if I hadn’t had those swollen legs for such a length of time. Every once in a while, I also get cold. Then I lay down and get warm again. My daughter is kinda in charge of me and she thinks LifeFone is necessary. She thinks I should do this or I should that. So I go along with most of what she says because she does have my concerns. She speaks with the LifeFone team with me when she comes at times. And I use the device as much as I can, such as when I go out. Sometimes I forget to put it on. But she really tells me not to forget to put it on. And I’m well-satisfied. In fact, I’m feeling good about it now that I have found ways to get around. I have also told friends about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I work and my mother needed protection. LifeFone was the quickest one that responded to our need. We requested their services and so far, it’s been okay. We've had it for a year and when we’ve tested when we called, there has been no problem at all. I feel good knowing that my mother has the device and if she presses the alert, somebody’s gonna answer. And if there’s an emergency, at least there’ll be some way somebody is gonna get here and help her. Also, I’m gonna get called, so I can move with her. So far, the service we’ve gotten has been good and it’s been quick. Even when we test the system, there’s a quick response. I would recommend LifeFone to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My son wanted me to get a LifeFone device being that I’m alone, and he said it would be a security for me. I wear my device around my neck and I have it on all the time. I've had it for seven months, and I feel secure knowing that I have it. I had fallen one time, and my son said, “You should have called LifeFone.” I was in a room, so we tested it from another room to see if they could still hear, and they said they could.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I'm getting old and I got one leg and can't get around. I got my LifeFone from a recommendation of somebody that had it before me. Their reps answered all of my questions and explained everything to my liking. Everything is fine and I’m 100% satisfied so far. They’ve been very nice to me.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had a stroke and my children didn't want me to stay alone. My son thought that they would feel better if I had the medical alert button. He got me the LifeFone pendant and my children feel more comfortable knowing that at least I have something. The people at LifeFone have been very good when the alarm goes off because we inadvertently press the button. I dropped my pendant on the table yesterday, and the alarm went off. Someone called me right away to ask if I needed help, and I apologized for that. So he said he would take that as my monthly checkup. I’m glad I have it. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I would get uncontrollable seizures, so my kids had to call 911. I got LifeFone so at least help would be on the way. My only concern is that sometimes I lose electricity or the system goes down and they don’t call right away to say my system is disconnected and they're not receiving any information. They would call me the next day when the system is already back up and running. So it would be nice to know if the system goes down. It has a battery backup of at least seven days so that it shouldn’t interrupt communication with their services, for them to give me that type of phone call. I know my kids have jumped on me, pulled the LifeFone thing around my neck, done all kinds of stuff, and it hasn’t gone off. It would probably go off if I’m falling down back and forth, having a seizure, but I don't know how to set this. But as far as their reps they have been professional.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My four kids decided that because I'm 91, I should have LifeFone. It's comfortable to wear and it has been going well but we had a little trouble. It went off at times when I didn’t want it to go off. One time, I was putting on my soft pajamas, and it went off. I didn’t understand it so I told my daughter-in-law, Jane. She called and said sometimes the device is very sensitive and maybe I bumped something, and I did not bump anything. But lately it hasn’t been going off at odd times. LifeFone gives me a sense of security. However, I have a friend who said there are better medical alerts than I have and there are some out there that keeps you safe even on a trip. I don't have GPS on my device and it may not be enough, so I wonder if I should get hooked up with a different company

LifeFone response

Thank you Ms. Norell for taking the time to speak with me this morning. What a pleasure it was. You expressed concerns about a service that would allow you to remain covered while outside and we discussed some options; while going through you realized that an On the Go system was not for you as your lifestyle has changed since you signed up. LifeFone is very pleased to have you as a valued customer and will always thrive to bring you the service that you expect and deserve. If you have any issues and/or concerns feel free to reach out to me @ 1-800-940-0262.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I fell in the tub. I was leaning on the soap dish and the soap dish came out of the wall with quarter of the wall, so I fell. I didn't hurt myself but I ended up on the floor and I couldn't move. Nobody was in the house and the ones that were up here didn't hear me. I was calling for help for about over an hour. Finally, my landlady came home and I yelled for her and she came right down. The tenants came down and they wanted to pick me up. I said I didn't want anyone to pick me up but the police because the tenants all had back troubles. The police came and they got me out of the tub in no time at all. I didn't hurt anything, but it was a terrible experience. The cop said I gotta get a LifeFone because I wouldn't have waited five minutes if I had that.

Also, I got sickly after that and I ended up in the hospital. My son came and found out about it and he right away got me the LifeFone. It has been wonderful with their customer service reps and they call right away. One time, the device went off and I them I was sorry and that I didn't know what triggered it to go off. They told me to not worry about it and that as long as I was all right. They also asked if I was all right. They were very nice. Also, I fell one time and I had the phone hanging on the door. A friend of mine came in next door and I told her to get me the phone and she did. I pressed it and they came right away and they helped me up in two seconds. I never have it hanging on the door again. I wear it on my neck all the time now.

It has been working very nicely although it only works in the house. But it's no problem. I'm usually with someone when I go out and if I'm not, I'm in town or I'm with people. There are always people I know I would get help. If anyone asks about LifeFone, I would encourage them to get it. I have encouraged my friend who just called me now and she's thinking about it. She lives in the house with her daughter, but they go away sometimes and she should have it because she has a heart condition.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I'm having a good experience with LifeFone but their response is not as rapid as I expected. They said it takes about almost a minute for a response but that’s long if you’re unconscious. It should be at least 30 seconds. But LifeFone is an improvement compared to what I had before as far as the equipment is concerned. The other service I had before changed hands and they won’t improve the price of the service, so I wasn’t too happy with them after they had the changed. The service of LifeFone is also better. When there was a storm I didn’t have the power afterwards, so I think the storm must have done something to the LifeFone box, but they were quick to send me another box. I am living by myself and since having LifeFone my family feels better

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My husband died in January and I live alone. I have my IT band in my right leg and I get shots in my back every couple months. It's completely worn off and I have to use a cane and step real slow, and sometimes my legs give it out. I got a LifeFone after I fell the last time. Recently I was in the kitchen and I tried to hold onto the counter, and my legs gave out. The team that came was wonderful. They got me off the floor and in bed. They also made sure my dogs were okay.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had a serious illness and my adult children insisted that I get a LifeFone device. I am in an adult living center and we have our emergency pole chain so I don’t need it but they feel better about it. I just have it taken out of my checking account every month and I don’t worry about it. It goes around my neck first thing in the morning and then, when I go to bed at night, it goes around my wrist. Occasionally, I forget and take it off and throw it over on the dresser and it goes, “Emergency! Emergency!” and I jump out of my skin and I push the button and say, “No, false alarm.” If I don’t get to it quickly enough, someone comes on.

Every six months or so, somebody will call and check. They would ask me to push the button, so I do. LifeFone is very good but if I’m out of my apartment and I need them, that’s just too bad because this is only for my apartment. However, if I am down there on the floor and need them, they will take care of me when I push the button.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I wear my LifeFone when my caregiver is not here. I've tested the button and their response was quick. When somebody came on the line, they were very easy and comfortable to speak with. I wear the device around my neck and sometimes, if I bend over to tie my shoelaces, the thing would flop on my chest which would set off the alarm. And that has happened maybe five times.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have the LifeFone wrist bracelet that I wear most of the time and somehow I bumped it and turned it on. It took me 45 minutes to get that thing turned off. They just kept calling my kids and there was nothing wrong with me. That was upsetting to me because I couldn't figure out what I had done, but somehow, in my sleep, I had bumped that button. But that's my only complaint about it. I live by myself out in the country and my kids are happier since I've been using LifeFone so that makes me happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've set my LifeFone off a couple of times and their reps came through on my device. I would tell everybody to look into the LifeFone system to see their preference since everybody has their own thing. For a person on fixed income, the price is a little high. Nonetheless, I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We bought LifeFone from where we used to live and I've had it for several years now. My daughter got it for us because we were both up in age and not as steady on our feet as we should be. When my wife fell, LifeFone got the medical people here and took care of her in a reasonable response time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I live alone and it gives me peace of mind and it comforts me that I have my LifeFone and knowing I’m protected in case something happens. I’ve spoken to a couple of people for advice on how to use it and they were helpful and it’s easy to use once installed. I’ve tested it once and their response time was good.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

After returning device to LifeFone, no information about a possible credit could be obtained. Left many messages with phone number. No return call ever. After finally getting thru after three weeks, they could not provide any information - they assured me that an email would be sent in 24 hrs. None received. Called today again - after 3 1/2 weeks - left a message again. Oy Vey - not very good customer service.

LifeFone response

Hello Martin,

We are so sorry to hear that you were unable to speak to a representative in a timely manner. We did happen to see the pro-rated credit was issued to your account, now we understand if might not have known which credit card the credit was applied to and wanted to know when and which one. Unfortunately, we do not know which number you had been leaving the voicemails with 3 & 1/2 weeks ago, but we did receive your one voicemail from yesterday and happened to leave a message and sent an email to reach out. Again for all concerns, our Billing Dept is here at 1-800-940-0262 Ext. 415 Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I’m on a walker all the time because my heart skips a lot and so I have to be careful not to fall. I feel so much better with LifeFone. I didn't wanna stay by myself and this was uneasy until I got the LifeFone. Their reps were very helpful and they tell me exactly what to do. It was a very pleasant experience and I have recommended LifeFone to people.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Two friends recommended LifeFone, so I got the medical alert system. My interactions with the people there have been fine. I've tested my help button every month and the LifeFone team has responded within seconds. Also, there was one time that I must have turned over and hit the alarm during the middle of the night and they came through, then I answered right away and everything was fine.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I’m a person that had polio when I was young and I’m now finding myself unable to get around the house quickly. And I fell a couple of times and laid on the floor for more than eight hours. I live alone so I needed some assistance or some way to get assistance. The people at LifeFone seemed to be very helpful. I got my products and they worked. I tested a deal on the machine monthly, but their response time the last time I tested it was really long. It seemed it was much longer than the other two times I did it. But so far, I would recommend LifeFone.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My health is bad. I was in the hospital and my daughter made arrangements for me to have LifeFone. I feel safe with the device because of the testing being done once a month. They respond right away and I'm satisfied. So sign up with them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I'm satisfied with LifeFone, and I'd advise family and friends to also get one because they would be more safe having it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I’ve had open heart surgery and my breathing is bad. My daughter who works at a hospital in Elyria, Ohio ran across an ad for LifeFone and that led to my getting their medical alert device. She has taken care of speaking with the reps. The device has been very good and now I’m down to just using it at night. I would recommend LifeFone to a friend. In fact, I’ve told three friends that having their alert device is nice and convenient.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've tested the LifeFone device from time to time and the response time has been pretty good. I was originally given something around my neck to wear, but it would be safer if they would also give me the wristband. But my son told me that I only have a choice of a wristband or around the neck. The major drawback to the whole unit is that it's not good outside the house. But it's okay and I've lived with it. I'm home most of the time anyway, and I feel slightly safer having it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My LifeFone gets tested every two weeks and it has been very, very good. They respond immediately and I've had very good interactions with them. I just recommended LifeFone to my neighbor because their health has put them in the situation where they need that kind of back-up.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I always have the LifeFone on my wrist or around my neck or in the TV room, and having it makes me feel more confident.

LifeFone expert review by Shelley Webb

As part of its commitment to providing emergency services, LifeFone includes a price lock, so the first price charged is the only price a customer will ever pay.

• The equipment is waterproof: Help buttons are waterproof so they can be worn in the shower, one of the most likely places for people to fall.

• There is a lifetime warranty on the equipment: Equipment costs can rapidly drive up the price on a medical alert system. Having a warranty ensures equipment maintenance and replacement when needed.

• There are no activation or equipment fees: LifeFone requires no activation or equipment fees for their annual, quarterly or monthly pricing options. Each billing option also includes a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeFone Company Information