4.68/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1976, LifeFone has helped people live their lives safely, confidently and independently. Our state-of-the-art equipment, consumer friendly policies and caring service have earned LifeFone an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and recognition from doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers. LifeFone's equipment protects you at home and on-the-go, available with optional fall detection. 24/7 help for medical, fire or burglary.

LifeFone Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

540 LifeFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I live by myself and I fall so I decided that I needed some way to get help. I got a LifeFone medical alert device and when I call to report something, it's working out fine. When I fall, I press the button and someone will answer. I'm glad I have it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My LifeFone has been fine but it goes off even when nobody has touched it although their people had been very friendly. My daughter got it for me because I kept falling and now I can get a hold of somebody when I fall.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Rachel is aging and she got a LifeFone. She wears the necklace and takes it off when she showers. The people at LifeFone are courteous to her, and she'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We've had LifeFone for about three years now and it's been good. My wife had a stroke and my health deteriorated. I walk a couple of miles a day but I had a couple of falls. I fell twice in the house so I saw we had a local LifeFone agent and decided that I needed one. Having LifeFone gives my wife and I confidence that we could get medical attention quickly. Their service has been adequate and satisfactory. Everything they told and that I have experienced and asked for help has been forthcoming.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

LifeFone was recommended to me by a couple of medical personnel. When I had a bad asthma attack where I fell on the floor and was breathing very badly, my aid who comes with me every day couldn't pick me up so she pressed the button on my LifeFone and people came and got me. I was satisfied with their response, the way they handled me and put me in the ambulance. The ambulance attendants put me in a wheelchair because I couldn’t breathe properly and I didn’t want to go on a stretcher. They took me to Mount Sinai Queens Hospital. They stood with me for a while and when I was finally attended to, it was quick.

The experience was good and I have no problems with the people at LifeFone. I was very happy with the service I was provided. People came within 10 minutes that my aid called for them and I was very happy with the speed and they got me to the hospital in a hurry. I was there a couple of times and was serviced within 5 or 10 minutes and in some cases 15 minutes but each time, the service was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeFone?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

LifeFone has been very good to us. My husband and I have used it a few times for different reasons, and it's taken us to the hospital. My husband was once out in front of the house, cutting down one of the branches on the tree, and he fell on top of the branch. He called LifeFone and they came. I didn't realize he was out there and the phone came on. However, the device is only within the area of the house and a few feet outside. If I'm walking or driving up the street and have an accident, it won't work.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

It's good to know that LifeFone is there when you need it. I fell one night and I felt like I broke my foot and was bleeding. So, the first thing I did was push the thing around my neck and they called an ambulance. Then the neighbor that's hooked up with it came and we went to the hospital. Then when we had a power outage for a long period of time out here where I live, they called to find out what was the matter. Their response time was good and they were fine when I spoke with them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My husband had a stroke about a year and a half ago so I thought it would be good to have the LifeFone. The problem is, he does have dementia and I worry if he will remember to press the button. But then, my daughter thought we both might as well get it since we’re older, so we both have one. My husband uses a cane, sometimes a walker, and one time when he fell, I used LifeFone to get the EMTs to come because I can’t pick him up. However, I was having some trouble with the one that I carry around with me. Some days it’s fine, but the other day, I was gone about six hours and when I came back, it had the green light blinking. But it also has a red light on which to me meant, it had to be charged. And I thought it’s supposed to stay charged for 24 hours. I had called them once before but they said nothing was wrong. But overall, the experience was okay.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

LifeFone gives me the assurance that if anything ever happens, I just press the button and I get an immediate response from someone asking me if everything is all right. I’ve had to use them two or three times and the response has always been very prompt. They have been very satisfactory and effective in terms of doing what they said they’re going to do.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had an accidental touch on the phone, which I didn't hear that I should answer. When I got back to the library, three policemen were waiting for me. Every time I bump it, they've always been there. They are really on their toes. I would have no misgivings about recommending LifeFone to anybody who is considering such. The equipment is operating fine though I have to adjust it so it's not near where the pacemaker is.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I'm diabetic and I have cancer and I got a medical alert device from LifeFone. The people at LifeFone are doing a good job. I'm safer now and I feel good about their product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have medical problems and I live alone so I carry my LifeFone button with me all the time, even in the bathroom. I'm very happy with it because they have saved my life quite a few times. When I have been in emergencies, they have helped. However, when I call LifeFone for help, sometimes they're prompt but sometimes they take a long time to answer back, which I have experienced twice when I was testing it because the operator takes a little while to answer back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My LifeFone has been okay so far. It was a Christmas present from my sons four years ago and they pick up the tab every year. It’s there when I need it. I push the button, they ask what’s the matter and then I tell them. Then I've got the EMS and my son here. I've been more than satisfied so far and I feel fine about the service. The only thing I have a problem with are the phone and the boxes. It’s staticky, and the last time I used it, I could just about hear what they said.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I've had a fine experience with LifeFone. They are good and kind. Plus, they treated me well.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have a bad heart and I fall down because I get dizzy, so I got LifeFone and it's been fine. I've had a very good experience overall and I would recommend them.

LifeFone response

Marjorie, Thank you for taking the time to share your LifeFone experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying your service with LifeFone!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have some problems with my legs. I had to spend some time in a nursing home for 10 months then I went to assisted living. I came back home then I had an agency that set me up and they got LifeFone. The people at LifeFone have been okay and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Margaret had a medical alert device before she had a fall but when that happened, it absolutely made it imperative to get LifeFone. It’s wonderful and it works fine. She’s got another device on her neck that is connected with her phone system and it’s got number one and number two where one calls her son and one calls her daughter-in-law. LifeFone is what she uses if she can’t get them. She thinks it’s the greatest thing ever and she just feels secure with it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I would recommend LifeFone to anyone who needs it. It was introduced to me by my sister-in-law. The medical alert is working fine and I feel safer at home especially when I'm alone. Their ream was wonderful as well.

LifeFone response

Irene, we're delighted to read your feedback about our company!! Thank you for taking time out to share your positive experience with our company, and recommending LifeFone. We aim to always provide perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I acquired LifeFone since I'd been falling, and I have had it for a couple of years now. I've used it a couple of times, and their reps have been very prompt. Overall I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

LifeFone makes Bernice feel safe since she originally got it because she fell. Plus, everything worked out when and used LifeFone last time. Everything's good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have a good experience with LifeFone. I wanted to get a medical alert device since I fall and my husband can't pick me up. While the only time I talked to them was when I was down, they respond whenever I press the button.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

My patient is very happy with LifeFone. It’s hard for her to move around quickly and she got it so that if she’s alone and something happens to her, it's easy for her to call somebody. Every time that she has needed the LifeFone team, they’ve been right there. There was one time when she had a new recliner and she fell forward. It happened when nobody was with her, so she called LifeFone and they came right away. She didn’t get hurt, but we have the chair down to the floor now so that won't happen again. LifeFone's been very helpful to her and it makes her safe. I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've been having a problem of falling and it has happened a lot outside, that's why my daughter insisted I get a LifeFone. When I couldn't get up and pressed my button, they responded. They called and came in to help me. They also call me every month and the people have been excellent. It's been a very good experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I'm very old and I live alone, and having a LifeFone device was the right thing to do from my estimation. Their customer service is the best because they're very responsive and easy to understand. When I had an incident that I needed help with, everything was done very quickly and well. When I have a question or a statement, they're right on there and I don't have to wait. Everything is good and I had a very positive experience all around.

LifeFone response

We appreciate your feedback Rita! We always aim to provide the best service for each of our customers. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and continuing to be a LifeFone customer!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I take full-time care of my dad and I got the LifeFone so I could be gone from home for a short period of time and have peace of mind. It was a little touchy in the beginning in trying to figure out which system would work right for him, in getting different people at different times and not having them to tell me the same thing each time. But we figured it out and he's been using it for four years now.

We had ADT when he was at his old house before I started caring for him and I did not like that system at all. I like LifeFone's wireless system. Nobody can mess with it outside the home and it can go anywhere. The wireless GPS system enables us to take the device when we go to my daughter's. But when I went a couple of times to my daughter’s and took him with me, I called ahead and let LifeFone know the address he's going to be at so that they would have his location if the device goes off. But once we came home, I called and let them know that he was home. Then I called for a technical issue and they asked if he was still in Chesapeake, Virginia. So I had to re-explain that we took a trip and that I already called them about it. Other than that, we're happy with everything and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My mother is living with us and she uses the LifeFone when we’re not here in the house. She also checks in with LifeFone every month and sometimes it takes a while, about a minute and a half, for them to pick up the phone. They don't know if it's a check until they get on the phone. I would think they would pick up pretty quickly. But other than that, it's easy to work with. She's a lot more confident now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

There's not much I can do with my age. I don't drive anymore and my eyesight and hearing are bad. I have a caregiver who comes three mornings a week, three hours each, and that has been a big help to me. I've been alone for almost 15 years since my husband died, but it was my son's idea to get the alert. I wear it around my neck sometimes and I don't sleep with it on. During the first week that I had LifeFone, my son told me I should wear it all the time, so I went to bed and rolled over on it. I'm about half asleep and they called me to ask if I was all right and I was. The reps have been helpful.

I had five calls in the last week and a half. Some of them were about my computer, which I don't have, and the others were about my back, shoulder and knee ache. I don't have a backache or a shoulder ache, and the upper part of my right arm only hurt for two, three days. My right knee is bigger than my left knee had been for sixty something years, so it hurts once in a while but not much. Braces were going to be sent to me and I've got two braces for my back. I used to do a lot of fishing in Wisconsin and I wear a brace. LifeFone has been a help and it's a comfort to know that there's a button I can push. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I live alone and my children said it was time to get something so, I got LifeFone. I do the testing whenever the light goes on and it's telling me that it's testing every so often and that comes through nicely. I had a couple of mishaps with little kids pressing buttons and the people at LifeFone were very kind about it. It gives confidence that if I'm out in the garden or wherever I'm at around the house, if something happens I can get help. I wear my medallion and I take my travel thin with me when I go out. It’s there, I'm happy to have it and I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We're grateful for the peace of mind that LifeFone offered us knowing we can get help very rapidly. Our son-in-law was the primary mover in arranging for it. His mother was incapacitated and almost burned her house down. Fortunately, they had LifeFone and it picked up the problem with the fire and got the fire department there before she even knows the place was on fire. I figured that somebody must be on the ball and monitoring that stuff so I said that it was a good idea and we signed up for it. My son-in-law tested it from the upstairs bedroom to the main floor where the equipment is located and the operator could hear him just fine. It was a concern because when we initially got it, I was sleeping upstairs and my husband was on the main floor, but now the situation has changed when I was unexpectedly hospitalized.

When I came home, our kids got me to sleep on the first floor which was very necessary. My husband is legally blind, slightly hard of hearing, has COPD and is on oxygen at night plus he sleeps like a log so if anything happens, he's not with us. We're happy with LifeFone being where it is. Both my husband and I have wristbands, and I had an occasion where I should have used it, but because it occurred in the middle of the night, I was reluctant to because I was afraid it would upset my husband if guys came in the backdoor and waking him out of a sound sleep. We were able to get a hold of a family member at that time, but it was an error in judgment on my part and I should have pushed the button immediately, gotten help and gotten to the hospital. I had some back spasm that the hospital still hasn’t been able to diagnose and I was unable to move.

I was half on the bed and half off and remained that way for several hours because I couldn’t reach my phone and I hollered for my husband, but he's a sounder sleeper than he thought he was. But it got resolved and things are better now. At least I know if we're here on the property or in the house, I can push the button, and if they don’t get a voice answer, they're going to send somebody down to check on us. We have a wonderful response time that can’t be beaten. We live in a relatively small village where the police and fire stations are only four blocks away. There had been times in the past when we have called and before the caller would hang up, they would be here. We're not out and about very often and I've been relying on my cellphone to be the instrument of choice, but it’s going to change as I’m thinking very seriously of converting the LifeFone over to the one that has the away from home feature.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

My nephew gave me LifeFone as a gift. I was assured that I didn’t need it but I did. Since the box arrived I have communicated with them because I had a couple of questions installing, checking and connecting it to a telephone and they were very good. Their reps were friendly and nice. One time I fell in the bathroom and I had a message on my machine but I could not hear the rep because I was not that close to the terminal. He said, “Batty, if you can hear me and you don’t need help give us a call and let us know. And if we don’t hear from you we will call 911.” And I could not call them so they called 911 and they came right away. The LifeFone worked beautifully and I was very grateful that I had it.

My problem with LifeFone was the lockbox. When I pushed the button help came but they couldn’t get in because the lockbox did not work. Fortunately the windows were open in my bedroom and the light was on and so they came around to the back of the house and came in that way. But that’s not easy as some of the men are big and my window isn’t that big. They hustled me off to the hospital where I stayed for six days. Then I was shipped over to the rehab and I got out yesterday.

I called this morning to do my monthly test and that went fine. Then I called the 800 number and spoke with someone very nice, and I explained to her that they could not get in and then I tried it this morning. The rep said, “Are you pulling down on the thing? Because that isn’t how it opens. It opens like a drawbridge.” She also asked me if I would like to try the lockbox while she was on the phone. But I was too far away to the lockbox and I’m limited with what I can do that time. I did try eventually and I still couldn’t get the lockbox open. But my hands are not very strong so I will have my caretaker do it when she comes. Still I was very pleased with the way LifeFone worked.

LifeFone Company Information