4.7/5 (72 ratings)
Call Center Open

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert specializes in personal emergency response systems (PERS). Similar to ADT home security systems, these medical alert devices connect to a 24-hour monitoring center. The company charges ongoing monthly fees for this service, but there are no upfront costs. Also, the company’s ForevRate guarantee means your price won’t change.

Pros

• No upfront equipment costs
  • Price lock guarantee
  • Optional fall detection
  • Reasonable cancellation policy

Cons

• No automatic testing
  • No free trial period

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert offers in-home and mobile devices. Systems are available with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection pendants. Packages come preprogrammed and do not require long-term contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

The ADT Medical Alert is awesome and their response time is fairly quick.

ADT Medical Alert response

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

We got ADT because if something happens, it's easier for my mom just to push the button instead of calling 911.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I've called a couple of times and ADT has been quick to respond. Their customer service team has been very friendly. I feel a lot more secure having ADT.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We have the ADT Pulse system in the house and ADT Medical Alert was offered. It was part of the package and I felt comfortable having it. I've got a considerable amount of property and I wander and garden, and it's a very secure feeling. I've not had to use ADT Medical but I would recommend it. The only issue I have is my cat stepping on the unit occasionally. But there is no problem. We'll be in Florida for the winter and I will be discontinuing the service but I'll reactivate it as soon as we get back.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

The device is fine. I wear it around the neck.

ADT Medical Alert response

Judy- Thank you for your review and for being such a wonderful part of the ADT family!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I've used it twice and I liked how quickly they got here. Everything was perfect and I'm happy with the device.

ADT Medical Alert response

Joyce- We're so glad to hear everything is OK! Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance, our specialist team may be reached directly at 1-800-238-2727. ~ Thank you

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I’m very happy with ADT. I had to use it when I fell off my ladder upstairs in my walk-in closet and fractured my femur. People were here in five minutes. The lady said, “Are we gonna be able to get in your house?” I have the alarm system. They couldn't use my alarm and get in through the garage. But I was able to bump down on my behind because I have a chairlift.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Wearing the ADT Medical device is not fun. I don't enjoy having it around my neck and I don’t like it. But I feel more secure having it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Dealing with the reps has been good and I feel much safer with ADT Medical Alert. I'm glad that I have it. I wear the device 24 hours a day. It's a good thing to have when you have the condition that I have.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

First fail occurred with initial shipping of order. Went to the one place I said DO NOT send it there. Lost a whole day of monitoring because of that. Promised "just open the package and call us." Failed to mention the 3 hour charging time required before just calling. So now 48 hours plus we are waiting for a different machine because the original doesn't work. We pleased for them to send the Landline version as we have unreliable cell service. They refused, because "first we have to try the other monitor." So now with the addition of a weekend we are out about 6 days. Second option didn't work either... Which is what we told them would happen. For an elderly person with 2 falls in 24 hours 6 days is a very long time. I would not recommend this company yo my worst enemy!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I got the pendant and it was just for here at home. I was constantly bumping it and I was constantly sending in false signals. Then I decided that I wanna get the other device. It was time to have that so that I can have it wherever I want if I needed it. I like my ADT Medical Alert. I have used it a few times because I get anxiety attacks and my blood pressure would be up. The customer service has been good. They respond very quickly and are usually here within 10 minutes. I would recommend it for seniors that need it. It's there and available. I’ve advised the medical alert device to a friend of mine but she just can't afford to do it right now. Her husband passed away too but her daughter and granddaughter are living with her.

Original review: July 16, 2022

The service is good, and I couldn't ask for more courtesy and professionalism from the people at ADT. They called yesterday to do an update on the whole system and I appreciated that. They told me how long it would take. So, I just made sure I behaved myself while that was going on. I couldn't be happier with the help alert, the button around my neck and the mobile I use out on the road. I've had to use it once and it was a quick response.

Original review: July 15, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has been good to have. I take it with me when I go walking. If I go to the store, I usually take the wristband with me. I pushed the button by mistake once and I got a very quick response. I was pleased with that but I had to apologize for the mistake.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Quick delivery, easy set up, great customer service. Our main issue is fall detection and this system as it. The cost fit into our budget without much pain. I would recommend this system for peace of mind if you have a loved one home alone.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I had long-legged pants and I tripped on the hem and fell. I had to call ADT and I told them to call my daughter because she's five minutes away and she can get here faster than the ambulance can. And she came and helped me up. I’m about a mile from the hospital and I was right at the hospital in five minutes. I’ve been very pleased with ADT Medical Alert. Everything’s good and the quality is great. If I had a problem and I miss a call and if I don't answer it soon enough, I've got the 1800 number right by that phone. And I can call them and tell them to cancel, so I don't have any problem with that.

Original review: June 30, 2022

This medical alert device can go with me. I like the feeling that it gives me of security. It was accidentally set off a couple times and the response was immediate. ADT Medical Alert is convenient, affordable and responsive. I'm completely happy with it.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I have only worn the watch for one month and have not had to use it for any emergency. Being a watch, I was under the impression it might at least provide the time of day, yet alone Blood Pressure or Pulse the way other smart watches do. It would be nice if the watch could be redesigned for such features.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I am very satisfied with my ADT alert system. Since I live alone, this medical alert system gives me peace-of-mind. ADT's customer service is excellent. They were especially vey helpful when I first started using their medical alert system. Thank you Consumer Report for giving a great report when I was making an important decision.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the feedback and five-star review!

Original review: May 26, 2022

My salesperson, Rebecca **, did a tremendous job explaining all the features and choices. Also, the lady that helped me set up the system (did not write down her name) was very pleasant and informative. I am a widow and the price was affordable and the system is just what I needed.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the feedback and five-star review!

Original review: April 13, 2022

Early experience: Easy to order, fast shipping, easy setup, and easy test. Good instructions and it seems it will be easy to use when necessary. No negatives to report. I hope I never have to relate a real life experience with it.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the five star review and feedback!

Original review: March 31, 2022

I have a dear older friend and I was worried about her being alone because she was now unsteady on her feet. So, I bought ADT Medical Alert for her. They seem to be the most reasonably priced. Also, I know they do a home security system so I figured they would be dependable.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hey Cheryl! Thank you for the positive review and feedback! We'll be there for your friend when they need us!

Original review: March 25, 2022

My mother has the device as a precaution in case she fell and I was at a doctor's appointment, she could get the help, or if she fell out in the yard and didn't have a phone. It has gone off twice and she was out of town when that happened so we are not sure how that happened. It could have been a power failure. But it's good.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Abbey. Thank you for the review and feedback. Glad to hear it was a false alarm, and we hope your mother continues to be safe. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with false alarms.

Original review: March 23, 2022

We sent the ADT Medical Alert device back because it wasn't working. It wasn't communicating. The ADT people told us to send it back. I'm not impressed with ADT's customer service. They sent the ambulance out to my mother when the alarm went off and they called three people. We all said, "Don't send the ambulance," and the ambulance came out. They contacted me, and I called them right away. I called the main number that they told me to do, and they said, "Press 1." I never got that prompt. I just had to speak to somebody. They called all the other three people and they did the same thing. They all called back, and they still sent the ambulance.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding our services. We do apologize that are services didn't meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to speak to you further regarding our services. We can be reached at 1-800-238-2727.

Original review: March 22, 2022

My brother had fallen in January and he didn't have any way to get ahold of anybody because his phone was out of reach and he couldn't get up to get to it. So whenever I got into my house, we started calling around. ADT was the one that came up with the best coverage and service in our area because I live out in the country. So we got it for him. He fell just the other day. It's got a fall alert on it and it immediately picked it up. It said, “There's a fall detected.”

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Wanda. Thank you for the review and feedback! We hope everything is ok with your brother!

Original review: March 21, 2022

I liked ADT Medical Alert's price. Purchasing was very easy. I called them, they sent me a link and I filled out the form. On the same day, my dad was signed up. Two days later, he got his device. It was a very quick turnaround. When my dad plays cards, he leans forward and presses the device. ADT will call and say he’s fallen. I'm like, “No, he’s sitting at the table with me.” About twice, it got caught under his arm. They called. So, they've been very efficient in phoning when it seems like the device has gone off. Overall, they've been amazing.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Lorraine! Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad to hear it was a false alarm!

Original review: March 20, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has good customer support, but we are going to return the product because it's been too difficult for my family members to remember to take the second piece of equipment with them when they leave the house. My brother-in-law has fallen a number of times, and it hasn't been detected because he didn't have that second piece with him.

People have to know whether the people who are going to use the product are homebound or are going to be leaving the house and perhaps driving. I got fall detection, and I will continue to do that. Although the technology, state-of-the-art, is highly sensitive. So there are a number of false alarms, which I want my family members to tolerate because I want it to be able to pick up when they do fall. It's just a necessary inconvenience to have to call off the emergency medical people when there's a false alarm. I still want the fall detection in this particular case because both my sister and brother-in-law are prone to falling.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Laraine. Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry for the frustrating experiences. If you do have any issues with your account, please let us know and we'll follow up with our home health team on your behalf to assist further. We can be reached by either calling 1 800 238 2727 or by email at AlwaysThere@adt.com Thank you!

Original review: March 19, 2022

ADT sounded pretty good so I went with them. Customer service was fine. When I got the device, I set it up. If I remember to take the necklace thing with me, I'm okay.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Janice! Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Original review: March 18, 2022

Purchasing a medical alert device for my mom was easy. I called ADT and we received the device in less than five days. Unfortunately, we returned the device because my mom died.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Laura. We are so sorry for your loss!! If there are any issues with her account, please let us know so we can help address them.

Original review: March 17, 2022

My mom needed something that had fall detection. She lives alone and was having some health issues. I wanted her to have that protection. ADT sounded like the best option for us. The device arrived in a couple of days and I was pretty impressed. Their staff helped us with the set-up and they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

We tested the device originally then my mom was in the hospital and in rehab for a while so we haven't tested it since. It went off once when I had it at my house when my mom accidentally hit it. My brother answered her cell phone and let ADT know it was a false alarm. My mom had recommended ADT to her friends. So far, we've been really happy with the device and the pricing.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and sharing your experience! We're so happy to have you as part of the ADT family!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I live alone and wanted the comfort of knowing that if I were to fall, I would have some help. ADT has been helpful. I did the set-up over the phone and it was easy. Customer service was very professional. I have set off the device myself and the response came in a minute or two. If anyone wants to, then try ADT.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive review and feedback!

ADT Medical Alert Company Information