Disclosures

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert specializes in personal emergency response systems (PERS). Similar to ADT home security systems, these medical alert devices connect to a 24/7 monitoring center. The company charges ongoing monthly fees for this service.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Optional fall detection (not 100% of falls)
  • Prorated refunds when canceled mid-cycle
Cons
  • No automatic testing
  • No free trial period
  • No mobile app

Stars Rating

• 81%
  • 10%
  • 5%
  • 2%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
    Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed March 14, 2024

We got an ADT Medical Alert for my mother. She had a fall and injured her shoulder and was unable to get to her phone. My sister lives with her and everything's going fine, so far. The setup was very smooth and easy. I ran across them online from a Google search and called the number and gave them my information. She seems to be doing well with it. Every time I go visit, she's got it on. I like, too, that it's got that mobile option. If she is driving around or has an issue away from her home, it's still in use. One of the differences between ADT and a couple of other companies is that some of the others were only functioning within the home.

Pinned

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

The ADT Medical Alert all works well, except when we tried to pay online with the computer, we couldn't see the encryption. Number two, there was no place for us to enter the encryption. We ultimately had to find a phone number, which was also a little difficult to find online. We ended up putting it on auto-pay. Now, it's fine. My father-in-law is elderly and has a fall risk. He's comfortable having it on.

Pinned

Hello Joel, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I got my mother an ADT Medical Alert. She lives alone and she's getting weak. She's 82 years old. She fell one time and got hurt. She got down on the floor to get something that she dropped and couldn't get back up. She had to wait on me for an hour to get there. I wanted her to have a way to get some help if she needed it. Setting it up was very easy. She forgets she has it on. But I don't worry about her falling and not being able to get to her phone and call somebody.

Pinned

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

Setting the ADT was very simple. They had a system sent to us but it wouldn't work because we didn't have a landline. It was very easy to ship back. They sent us another one within a day and we got it up hooked up and it worked perfectly. They made the process very simple. I would recommend it.

Pinned

Hello Clara, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

The cost and the quality of the ADT Medical Alert are fine. It's for my mother and she's fine with it. We tested it a week ago and we'll test it again in April.

Pinned

Hi Keith, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

My experience with ADT has been very good. They're helpful. I'm more settled using it now and I've had it on for more than a month now. It works. I was trying to cancel it and I pushed both buttons and it was the wrong thing. They called in less than five minutes. I also went on a retreat and decided I didn't need to wear it. I took it out, took the other little thing and put them on the dresser, and went off on my retreat and had a wonderful time. My son got a notice that there was no response. He called and said, “Ma, you got your medical device on?” I said, “Nope, it's at home on the dresser.” However, it's not quite as portable as you think it should be. They should come up with something where you don't have to wear the piece around your neck and then carry the other piece in your purse. The chargeable piece also needs to be charged every three hours.

It’s also a thing you have to get adjusted to in terms of having someone or something be able to, if you should accidentally fall, notify whoever they need to notify to get to you quickly. It’s important. You have to get used to wearing it and know you don't want to fall, but when you fall, it's like your insurance, it's there to help you.

Pinned

Thank you for the 5 star review, Eileen! We truly appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed March 14, 2024

We got an ADT medical alert for my mother-in-law. She is 96 years old and she has trouble walking. She's got a small house. But she does not like to use her cane, so she was really wobbly. We got her one with the wristband. She has been wearing it and she's been taking the wristband off when she takes her bath or when she takes her shower. I'm like, “You need to keep it on because you could slip and fall in the shower.”

A few weeks ago, my husband went over there and he said there was something funny with the system. He tried to call and they couldn't reactivate it. I don't think it was the system. It was about the same time it was all over the news that certain cell phones didn't have service, that AT&T didn't have service and some of Verizon and some of T-Mobile too. A gentleman said, “Okay. We will send you a new system.” They sent the new system, the wristband and the little neck lanyard too. We swapped out the systems. I asked my mother-in-law, “Which one do you want? Do you want the wristband? Or do you want the one to wear around your neck?” She wanted the one around her neck. So, we sent back the old system, the old wristband, and the new wristband. She's been wearing a lanyard around her neck and fortunately, she has not had to use it yet, so that's good.

Pinned

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I was impressed with ADT and the brand. I ordered it and then I've been wearing it ever since. I have a problem I haven't been able to solve, though. I'm not happy. I have a watch, which I wear on my left hand and that's where it is. They climb on top of each other. So I'm thinking of hanging it from my neck. But I was very impressed with how easy it is to operate. I've been in and out of the hospital for the last three months. This lovely little treat that's on my arm has one job and it's a viable job. If something happens to me where I am no longer mobile, and can’t get to the phone, I have a way of calling for help.

Pinned

Hello Andrew, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

Setting my ADT was seamless. I called it in and it was ready to go. They test it once a month and they’re also good to deal with.

Pinned

Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

So far, I've enjoyed ADT. I like the equipment. I got the button on my fall detector and the watch too. They also gave me the best deal. I like that they're there for me. If I have questions, they answer them right away.

Pinned

Hello Regina, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I bought an ADT Medical Alert for my husband. He is elderly and he's fallen several times. I looked online for a device that would help. ADT seems to be the best. He wears the watch every day and it makes him feel secure. The neck part of it, he doesn't wear it so often. But it's okay, because, mostly, I'm with him. If he needs help, we have it. If I'm not with him, if I go away, shopping, he'll be okay because he can get help.

Pinned

Hello Sherry, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I've returned my ADT ‘cause I didn't like it. I don't use it and I'm not gonna get another one. It fell off my neck. And when it falls off your neck, it notifies folks. And all it did was it fell off my neck. Also, the piece of string it was on rubbed my neck out. I wouldn't recommend them.

Pinned

Hi Linda, thank you for your feedback, we will use this opportunity to improve.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

My husband has a history of vertigo and he's taken a few falls here lately. He's gonna be 87 next month. His daughter and I figured it was time we take extra measures. We got him an ADT Medical Alert and so far, so good. It doesn't seem to bother him any.

Pinned

Hi Sherrie, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

My ADT Medical Alert device could always be cheaper, but the price seems reasonable. It has gone off several times. So, there are times when I just can't wear it because it'll go off. In the shower, for some reason, it goes off when I take a shower. So, I can't take it in the shower which is unfortunate because that's a good place to slip, too. When it does go off, it starts responding right away, but not with a person. It's probably three minutes before you actually get a person who finally asks you what's going. You'll get a recording kind of a thing first telling you it's gone off, but that'll keep going for a couple of minutes before a live person comes on. Their reps are very friendly. They're very nice about it. I always feel bad.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback! Don't feel bad we're here to help you at any time. We're always looking for ways to improve. Thank you!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

Somebody from ADT Medical Alert has called me a couple of times. I forgot to put my device on a charger one time. My device goes around my neck. It's sturdy. I really wish I'd have gotten a bracelet. I don't wanna put that thing around my neck when I go to bed. I put it on my table beside my bed. I could choke on it. I'd rather have it on my wrist. That's safer.

Pinned

Thank you for reaching out to us and being a part of the ADT family! Please reach out to our Health team for further assistance getting this addressed. They can be reached at 1-800-568-1216.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I have found the ADT medical alert is too sensitive. My dog has set it off, it swings against objects as I clean house, etc., the clasp malfunctions and it falls off. All these situations cause the alarm to go off. Also the range is only 600 feet so if I am walking dog, etc. it is useless.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you for the review and we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

My ADT medical alert is fine. I test it about once a month myself or they'll call to do a test from their end. Go for it. It's a comfort thing.

Pinned

Hello Julie. Thank you for your 5-star rating and review. Thank you for being part of the ADT family!

Customer ServiceFall DetectionStaff

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

I love ADT. Every time that I go to the store, I wear the device just in case anything happened. Like long time ago, I fell down at the store, I got the device, so it just responded right away. Their customer service has been excellent. They were really nice to me and friendly. And they answer my questions. One time, I didn't touch the button but it was flashing. So automatically, I hit the button and waited for five seconds. And it turned it up automatically. So when it would go off by itself, I have to cancel that and they would call me back right away to ask if everything was okay. They are really helpful. They also alerted me that my battery is low, so they're going to send one.

Pinned

Hi Linda, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 stars.

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

Dealing with the reps was very good when I inquired about ADT Medical Alert and I was not being pushed into doing it. They were very nice.

Pinned

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2024

I accidentally hit my ADT Medical Alert twice. ADT responded immediately. Not only did they call me, they also called my son. They operate very professionally in every respect and I appreciate that very much. I'm 100% satisfied.

Pinned

Hi Ashley, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the 5 stars.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

ADT Medical Alert has been good. I fell four times and they've always been here. Once, they took me to the hospital.

Pinned

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear ADT is always there for you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedFall DetectionStaff

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2024

They had a very, very good response and they were very quick. So, I appreciate that. Even when my husband accidentally dropped the device on the floor, they called back at once. It's very reliable. They did a good job. But this new device is not as good as the first time we used it. The main device doesn't have fall detection. My husband wore the old one all the time. When he fell, even not a fall, just something dropped on the floor, they reacted very good. But this one is only the smaller one, and the neck has a fall detection. But the bigger one doesn't have. We canceled ADT once because we moved outside the US. When we came back, we continued to use the same thing and got the same deal. I appreciate that part. But their service has a little bit changed and not the same as the first time. They're a little bit difficult.

Pinned

Hello Grace. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 stars.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

Somebody told me about ADT Medical Alert. So, I called them and their price was half the price of what I paid. I like the service I get. I got more options on it, too. Now, I can press it and the five department would call. Sometimes when I mashed the button by accident, they would still call me instantly, so it makes me feel safe. A couple of times when I fell outside, the reps came fast because ADT had sent them. My only complaint is if I dialed their number to ask a question about something, it would take forever to get somebody. If they did that way with emergency, I would be scared, but they don't. For the emergency, they respond fast. Also, they have been here twice because the thing kept going off. They said the battery was low, and they have come and changed that. Because of my medical condition, I couldn't change it myself and use my hands. I like them.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you so much for the review and feedback!

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

The times I have hit the button I had a fast call from y'all. They were very helpful and I feel very safe to have ADT. I have recommended you to 6 different people, hope they will contact you shortly.

Pinned

Thank you for the review and feedback.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

My ADT Medical Alert is a good thing. I wear it when I go out. And sometimes in the house, I have it close by, but I don't wear it. I take it off at nighttime. However, if I would lean over and swing a bit, it would start beeping. So, ADT sent me a brand-new one. I didn't know what to do if it went off. One time, I pushed the button to make it quit, and I had a trooper out here and he already ordered an ambulance. When I came to the door, he looked at me and I told him I just didn't know what to do. I said, "I'm fine. Not falling anywhere and everything's fine with it." I talked to someone one time after I got the new one and she said, "If it starts beeping, you just push on that button and just hold it down and it'll quit." That means I wouldn't alert anyone to come because I fell.

Pinned

Hello Rosie. Thank you for your feedback and being part of the ADT family. We appreciate you.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

ADT is terrific. They respond right away.

Pinned

Hello Mildred. Thank you for your positive feedback and 5-star ratings!

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

I had to take my wrist watch off because it was annoying me during the hot days, and I haven't put it on. I was told that that only works around the house. It doesn't work away from the house. Besides that, somebody calls me when the batteries are low. It's been a woman's voice, and all it says is, “Battery is low. Battery is low.” Overall, I'm satisfied.

Pinned

Thank you, Alfonso for your feedback. We appreciate you.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

ADT Medical Alert is cheaper than another place. I got a discount because I also have their alarms on my house. I had a stroke in February, and I survived. I was very lucky and all my symptoms went away and all my tests came back fine. It's just that I never know when something like that may happen again and I won't be able to move. I'm doing okay right now, and I haven't had to use the medical alert system, but it's here if I need it. My battery was low one time and they called me. They watch to see if my battery goes low, that I make sure that I charge it.

Pinned

Hello Veronica. We're sorry to learn of the stroke you had but happy you are doing well. Thank you for being a loyal customer and part of the ADT family!

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

Bought the system for my Mom. Very helpful staff from initial contact to purchase and set up. My Mom is 95 & voice monitor is loud enough to hear even if her hearing aids are out. Alarm gone off 2 times since we started and ADT quick response to alarm. I feel my Mom is safer in any situation with ADT.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive review and feedback!

Customer ServiceMonitoringStaff

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

It's been excellent with ADT Medical Alert. I do do a monthly test, and whenever I do, the person on the other end always answers and is very friendly. I only had a problem once when I did a test. Our electric had gone out the day before I did the test, so it wasn't connecting. That was the only one time that I ever had to wait. They had started to call 911 then they called my phone. They got the ambulance to not come. I feel better about ADT Medical Alert. I know that help is just a phone call away.

Pinned

Hello Tammy, thank you for the 5 star review.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

Signing up with ADT Medical Alert was extremely easy. Their customer service has been wonderful. They follow up. They always address my concerns when they call me for my monthly check-ups. They're very pleasant to work with. My grandson accidentally pressed the button one time and their response time was very quick.

Hello thank you for the 5 star review. Thank you

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2023

The device is good. If I fall or anything, I can call somebody to help me. When I needed somebody to help me get up, it was pretty quick, like a total of 10 minutes. But I don't know if it's ADT or the people they get to come out, but sometimes they're rude.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you so much for the review and feedback!

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

My father is elderly, and the medical alert device has been good. When the heater in my dad's room ran very hot, the alarm went off and ADT was very quick to see what was going on. They called my phone as well as my wife’s phone. The reps have been very helpful and clear in explaining things as well. Overall, we've had a good experience, and I sleep a little easier.

Pinned

Hi Patrick, Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

My mother had a few false alarms, which were good for her because then she understood how the device worked, and it does work. The communications that they had have been very efficient. It's gotten her to pay attention to it because she knows how quickly, if she doesn't respond, the police have shown up a couple of times after a call. She was home both times so she learned a lot about it. So those false alarms really helped her..

Pinned

Hello. We appreciate your feedback and your 5 star review.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

I don't wear it a lot, but it's okay.

Pinned

Hello Esthered. Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

ADT Medical Alert has my bill all screwed up and they have never gotten it straightened out. They have me hit with a balance owing consistently, and I don't owe a balance. My bill always has been current. But every once in a while, when they send me a bill, I get a past due balance on it and it's not. They take it out of my account every month. It seems I’ve talked to them so many times that I’ve given up on it. I just let it go and I don't pay any attention to it anymore. They keep taking the same amount every month out of my checking account and I don't know where else to go with it. But it's okay as long as I still have the medical alert.

I test the button every month but I don't do it sometimes when I should. It has gone off a couple of times. But one time, the police came. We canceled it and ADT didn't get it in time. My only concern is it takes them a long time to answer. When that phone starts ringing and it has to ring 12 times before anybody answers, it's a little frightening. When I check it, this is what happens.

Pinned

Hello Alberta. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry to learn of this unsettling experience you've had regarding the billing. Please connect with our billing team at 1-800-568-1216 option 3 as they are the best team to assist you.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2023

My experience with them has been nothing but positive. I feel safer and I'm glad I have it. It will be very useful if I need it.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We're so happy to provide the peace of mind everyone deserves!

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

When I take my walk, I put one in my pocket and wear the other one so if something happens to me on the walk, I can call. I like my ADT Medical Alert. It provides an extra level of security. It's like having AAA. Your car will never blow a tire. But when it does, it's helpful to have. The only thing I have going against it is I've tried testing it a couple times but haven't got much of a response.