4.6(420)
Author picture
Edited by

Overall Rating4.6 out of 5

About ADT Medical Alert Reviews

ADT Medical Alert specializes in personal emergency response systems (PERS). Similar to ADT home security systems, these medical alert devices connect to a 24/7 monitoring center. The company charges ongoing monthly fees for this service, but there are no upfront costs.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• No upfront equipment costs
  • Price-lock guarantee
  • Optional fall detection
  • Reasonable cancellation policy

Cons

• No automatic testing
  • No free trial period
  • No mobile app

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert offers in-home and mobile devices. Systems are available with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection pendants. Packages come preprogrammed and do not require long-term contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Reviewed April 21, 2023

We bought this for mom. The very next week she fell in the shower and the system worked just like it’s supposed to. EMT got there in a timely manner. Since then she has fallen two other times, both with excellent response.

Reviewed April 21, 2023

I've been very pleased with ADT Medical Alert. But the device is not convenient for me because I am very active in my yard. If I have it on and I bend over, it falls down when I'm pulling weeds. So, a lot of times I don't wear it. But one time I had a dizzy spell and fell on the floor. I had the device on and ADT called immediately. I didn't have a phone in my pocket. I came to, got up and managed to get to a phone. They had already called EMS, but I told them to cancel it because I was fine. I just hadn't eaten anything that day and I needed to. My blood sugar probably had dropped, although I'm not diabetic. But it was very comforting to know that they are on alert. I have recommended ADT medical to a lot of people.

Reviewed April 20, 2023

Very nice product. Well thought out. Problem I have is that I live in an area where AT&T signal is very marginal. I did explain my concern to the rep and was assured that their latest technology would not be a problem. System does not work and I am returning it. Getting a different brand that uses Verizon.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Good morning William. We apologize that our product did not work out for you. We thank you for your feedback. We'll be sure to use it to create a better experience for our customers in the future. Be sure to give us a call at 800.568.1216 if you still need any assistance. Stay safe!

MonitoringStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2023

I fall once in a while and if I would use anybody, I would use ADT. The customer support is wonderful. They're very helpful if I had a question or if I accidentally set off the alarm or if the battery's low and I don't know it. I love ADT. I feel very good having them with me because I know what it's like on the other end. I may never have to use it, but then it's there if I need it.

Reviewed April 18, 2023

I have changed my mind because I was thinking of a different company when I saw the price. It has worked wonderfully in my time of need. And even when the hospital accidentally pushed the button the call still came through if I needed help.

Reviewed April 18, 2023

Last agency's band malfunctioned11 times in 2 days. Also set it off myself. Hit against a bread bowl, against a garden shovel. I'm 75, still active + hard working. But I live alone. So I need to do this. And I like you. You come highly recommended. Even so, by now, I'm halfway scared to wear this.

Reviewed April 17, 2023

ADT Medical Alert has been wonderful. They sent my mother a new battery when her device's battery went low. They called and told us, and everything is going good with that. We haven't had any problems with it. Also, my mother has pushed the button seven times since she's had the device, and every time, it's been fine. Someone comes. My mother fell yesterday, and after she pushed the button, they came and got her. They were very good. My mother is in the ER right now. The hospital is running some tests and assessing her.

Reviewed April 9, 2023

When I signed up for this I spoke to a man when I got the equipment it was from a lady who had misspelled my sister's first name even though I had repeated it several times and he had repeated it back. They had my mom's last name wrong which I repeatedly told them. They didn't even have a last name for my sister except for the letter R. I had chosen the quarterly plan and the customer service rep I spoke to Tony how much the bill would be the first time and then how much each month. When I got the invoice they had set me up for monthly which is more expensive and so I called them immediately and told them I wanted it returned. I got the box to return it and on Monday it will be returned. When you have gone over names and prices several times and have verified several times and then you get something totally different then I honestly would not feel safe with their device.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Donna-We're so very sorry to learn of this upsetting situation and are truly saddened to have lost you as an ADT family member. Please email our team at alwaysthere@adt.com if we may be of any additional assistance. ~ Thank you

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 7, 2023

I had some numbness in my arm and one of the doctors said I should get a medical alert device so I got the ADT Medical Alert. I've known about them for years and any time I hear ADT, I think positively. I used to be in the air force and we had ADT security. My device is there as an emergency fallback. I test it occasionally and customer service comes on in about a minute and they say everything's okay.

Reviewed April 7, 2023

I got my equipment and I got it up to charge. I called up ADT and the lady on the other end went through it with me for testing it and it worked okay. I was told that once a month I could test it. Whenever I think about it in the middle of the month, I pick it up and I push the button and somebody on the other end answers. But it's in different ways. Sometimes, they told me, "Well, I'm gonna have to reset this." Then other times, a more friendly voice is talking to me. But as long as I hear somebody when I push the button, then I'm fine.

Reviewed April 6, 2023

My family was visiting me but they were out for breakfast. I opened the door of my closet and I suddenly fainted and fell. Then when I came to, I pressed my emergency pendant and ADT got in touch with my daughter and the EMT, and they came and helped me. With ADT Medical Alert, I feel more confident especially when I'm alone and I know that I can call for help should I need it. I don’t wear the device when I go out because it doesn’t work there anyway. I'm always with my aide or with my daughter, so it's not a problem. I wear it in the house always but I take it off in the shower. I'm not in there alone when I'm showering. My aide is with me and the device is on the top of the dressing table in the bathroom.

Reviewed April 6, 2023

I was trying to call my husband. When he was not answering, I called ADT. The rep answered right away. I told her to call his telephone, which she did. Everything was all straightened out. Their service was perfect. It was right on time.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaffBilling

Reviewed April 1, 2023

The customer service was good. I like how they came out and put it in right away.

Reviewed March 25, 2023

The experience with the reps at ADT Medical Alert has been great. When I’ve made a mistake and haven't answered an alert, they are never ever curt or nasty. I had an issue where they sent me a new device because the other one wasn't charging, and they sent it to my temporary house address in Phoenix and it was sitting in the hot sun for several months.

I finally realized it when the reps called and asked how it was working out. I said I never received it. They said they sent it and when they looked at my address, it was my second home and I don't spend time there nor ever use it for any mail. Instead of a big to do about it, they just said they would send me another one out and to send that one back. So, it was not a big hassle or craziness or arguing about it. Things like that have always been very good. I haven't needed ADT Medical Alert since I've had it, but that's okay. I'm willing to pay the money and keep it because it's a benefit for me. I can have instant help if I need it. The price keeps going up though.

Customer ServiceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed March 23, 2023

The whole process from the initial contact, delivery, set up and communication was smooth as can be and a pleasure. I could not recommend this company more. They answered every question and walked us through everything. After grueling through all the companies and the option available these folks so far so good.

Reviewed March 17, 2023

Very disappointed in connecting with customer service! Always put on hold! Slow response! Will NOT RECOMMEND YOUR SERVICE TO ANYONE! For someone who is needing urgent help, the person would be dead by the time you respond to my emergency call!

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for your feedback Joyce! We're working very hard to improve our hold times for tech support. Please note that you want to call 911 in case of an emergency, not ADT. Please reach out with any questions meanwhile. Stay safe! - Mazen

Reviewed March 12, 2023

ADT has really good customer service. I'd punch my button and they'd answer on this little thing I got. I like to hang it on my neck and it doesn't bother me. Some old people over here that fall down a lot don't want to get one because they don't want to pay. But I told them that I'm worth it. All the old people should have one.

Reviewed March 11, 2023

I've fallen and couldn't get up. I had gone with another company. I did it with them for a good while and I liked their one that they have the alarm in the shower. ADT doesn't have that, but I have an ADT alarm system in my home. So, I went with the Medical Alert. One time I had a problem, but that was many years ago. But I just had to stick out with that one person. They are all willing to help me.

Reviewed March 10, 2023

I fell twice and I had to call ADT to come get me out of the floor. They came very quickly. So far, the medical alert has really been good for me. It makes my children happy that I have it and they feel safer with it. I do, too.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 9, 2023

I am very pleased with my experience with this product. Salespeople did not bug me into choosing their product. I feel I got a good price. The product was what I expected when it arrived. My only complaint is that the quick-release on the lanyard releases too quickly.

MonitoringFall DetectionStaff

Reviewed March 8, 2023

I don't like the look of the bracelet and the one you put around your neck but I chose the bracelet. The quality is good. There’s a monitor and you can put it in any room you want. If you press the button, if there’s a problem or if you accidentally turn it on, they will come on and talk to you. A lot of times, if I'm not in that room, I couldn't hear them. Or just like now, the dog was making a bunch of racket, so I didn't hear when they were asking me if I had a problem. When I accidentally turned on the ADT Medical Alert device, there were ambulance and police cars outside of my house within five minutes.

Reviewed March 4, 2023

When the button got pressed by accident, the operator came on the line, and I was able to reassure him that I just pressed the button accidentally. I have the Medical Alert on my wrist and around my neck during all of my waking hours. It keeps me safe and reassures my siblings and children that I will get help from somebody if it's really necessary.

Reviewed March 4, 2023

I liked what I saw with ADT. And since I already was happy with an ADT security system in my home, I went ahead with their Medical Alert. I wear the device everyday. I accidentally touched it a couple of times at night when I was removing it. ADT called right away.

Reviewed March 4, 2023

I wear my ADT Medical Alert device faithfully when I leave the house, whether it's just to go out to the mailbox or to the yard. Thank God I've not had to have them out here for any reason and we're hoping to keep it that way. But I'm covered just in case.

Reviewed March 2, 2023

Spent a long time explaining this was for my mother who isn't yet on board with it. So I was the subscriber and to have unit shipped to me. They shipped it to my mother's home. She was irate and totally ruined her being open minded to discuss the need. Thanks ADT.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Good afternoon. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team directly at 1-800-238-2727 if we may be of any additional assistance. Stay safe! - Mazen

Customer ServiceMonitoringPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2023

I like ADT. They call me and tell me that they're testing the device to let me know. If it's getting lower, they need to send me a new one out. I had an incident and not only did they show up with the ambulance, they also called. They called me to make sure everything was okay, and they called my sister when I was released from the hospital. They always called to check on it. Amazing. The ADT device is wonderful, and you're a fool if you don't get one.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Damon- We're so glad to hear you're ok and please don't hesitate to reach out to our team directly at 1-800-238-2727 if we may be of any additional assistance. ~ Thank you

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2023

ADT has been good. I've had to use it and the response time has been good too.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2023

I get good service when I call ADT to verify my service each month. I make sure my system is working, and the reps are great.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2023

I've been with ADT for seven years and I have had nothing but a pleasant relationship with ADT. They've been very nice to me. The biggest benefit is just knowing that there's somebody available. I'm in a wheelchair and I live by myself, so I've had to call them a couple of times when I fell in the bathtub.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2023

We picked ADT Medical Alert because we had their alarm systems for 25 years. The only time I've had an issue was when I hit the button accidentally and they had to reset everything. They've been great about that. And if I had any questions, they were fantastic about answering them.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2023

I feel more secure in knowing that if I have to step away and leave the house for a few minutes, my mother would receive the assistance that she needs within a fraction of the time in the event she falls. It would alert me, my husband, and my son, who will have access to her immediately, which is necessary. She accidentally set it off at church one time and the fire department showed up.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2023

It makes me feel good and I'm real conscious to be sure I've got it on all the time. I have peace of mind that it's there in case I need it and that means everything.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2023

My ADT Medical Alert goes around my neck. It's good. When I check it, I push the button, get on the phone and respond to the prompts.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

I could not give enough credit to ADT Medical Alert. There were a couple of times where my mom fell, and they were on the ball. It's the best company. They saved my mother's life multiple times.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

The ADT Medical Alert device gets my father help right away. If I can rate the reps from a 1 to a 10, I would give them a 10 because they've answered all my questions about it. I just had them call me the other day, saying that they were sending help for my father because his device went off. Their response is phenomenal. They're right there. Prior to the medical alert, my father would have to call a family member, mainly myself. If he couldn't get me, he would have to call my sister-in-law who lives closer than I do. Sometimes, she's not available. Having this device helps. It's a peace of mind. In the beginning, he complained about it. But now he's gotten used to it so he only takes it off when he goes to bed. It's right on his nightstand, so if he falls out of bed or stands up and falls down, he has it right there.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

Signing up with ADT Medical Alert was very easy. I talked to one person and he walked me through the whole thing and got the stuff sent to my mom. It was easy on her end, too. She's grateful for it. She doesn't leave her apartment a whole lot, so it works well for her. When she does, it's just to go across the sidewalk to the laundry room and it works from there also. She loves it. I live 2,000 miles away from my mom. It gives me a good sense of security to know that she's got it because if she needs anything right away, all she has to do is do it herself and someone will be right there.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

I'm wishing I hadn't picked ADT, not because of the service or the way it works, but my long-term care insurance didn't know that ADT even has a medical alert system. They've been reluctant to pay it. But as far as the way the system works, my husband’s pressed it by accident a couple of times, and that's easy to cancel.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

I have bad heart problems, and a lot of times my husband is not at home and we feel safer with ADT Medical Alert. I would recommend them.

Customer ServiceTechPunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppFall DetectionStaff

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

ADT is a big company. They're solid. The little bit of communication I had with them, which was many years ago when I was still working, was if I needed anything from them, I always got a highly professional person on the other end of the phone. They proved to be very easy to deal with and seamless. Think about dialing a telephone number and getting 10 rings and getting switched over to voice mail. That's the longest it normally takes for them to answer. They're excellent.

The only problem I had was when they first sent me a button, they sent me one that had an inertia thing in it so they could tell if I fell. And I'm too active and the thing went off about twice a week just because I moved too quickly or I would lean down and the button would swing on my neck and bump into something, and all of a sudden it would go off, not from the button was pushed, but there's a sensor in there that felt sudden acceleration. They shut that function off. I had to use it one time and it was an odd situation because as soon as I pushed the button, my next-door neighbor happened by the house, so I canceled the call. But my general experience in every way has been highly satisfactory.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

I had my ADT device laying beside my chair on the table and my dog got on the table and pressed the button. The response time was very good and the reps were very nice. They kind of laughed about it.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

Having this alert is making me extra happy because I don't worry about anything. This is easier and cheaper than even moving out. My doctor had recommended that I go to a senior citizen home and he sent a doctor in to evaluate me. The doctor said that I had everything I need in my own home and I should be here until I decide to close my eyes. I would recommend ADT Medical Alert to anyone.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

I have fallen a few times and even though I wasn't really hurt, ADT sent someone quickly to get me to stand up again. I'm glad to have the device.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2023

I feel safe with my Medical Alert and I'm happy that I have it. Also, the reps have been very helpful. They call and check to make sure that the device is working properly or that my battery is updated. They call at a very convenient time, too.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

Signing up was a quick and easy process. Everything was done in less than a week. My grandmother likes the device and it works fine. She's more confident going out. But she doesn't like that you have to have the necklace, watch and the little pocket box when going out. It's a lot of devices that she has to take with her. I feel like if the GPS tracker was built into the watch, then she would be better about using it.

Customer ServiceMonitoring

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2023

The device works well. It has gone off a couple of times by accident but I live a quarter of a mile from my mother-in-law so I could check before the ambulance was alerted. That's what I really like. The device helps us to stay at home and sleep while she's asleep.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2023

With the ADT system, you can feel safer if you're alone or even if you're out.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

We were assured we were in a covered area. We are not. AT&T does not work in our area. Verizon service is great here but not others. You should know what you're talking about before you make promises you can't keep.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We see that we are currently working on your account and we do apologize for any frustration this has caused you. Thank you

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2023

Never ever should have to listen to a recording say be with you momentarily over and over after you hit the bottom, then but it again, same recording, so just called 911... Crazy to think you are in a emergency and to hear this recording about 6 times.. Not acceptable.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2023

I am impressed with ADT Medical Alert. I had symptoms and I was able to get to my device and get across the house. I collapsed against the wall. But I was able to press the button and the paramedics came. It saved my life.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2023

I accidentally pushed the button when I was coming inside from the car. They couldn't get ahold of me so they called me on my phone and said they had already dispatched a medical team. I asked them to cancel it. The device gives me more security. The reps are very polite when they talk to me.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppBilling

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2022

Once we got it all set up and everything was working, I have had a response quickly. I've set it off accidentally twice and they have responded both times quickly. It's been a positive experience. But the device is agitating to have it on. The neck holder kept coming apart and not sticking. They sent me a new one and now I can't find it. The device itself has worked well, but getting through ADT has been very difficult when we were trying to set up payments for it.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1 800 238 2727 for any reason at all. Stay safe! - Mazen

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

I accidentally got the device go off and they responded pretty quickly.

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2022

I canceled ADT within a week, and I never wanna hear from them again. I called to see if they would take AARP after I signed up. They wouldn't help me. They have a site where you call and you can’t talk to anybody, and they kept on telling me to call their health department. I couldn't even get through to any of the sites, so I just packed it up and told them I’m returning it. I didn’t hear a word from them. I had to pay the whole bill even though my mother didn't even use it.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re sorry to hear about this experience and we would like to further assist you in getting this resolved. Please reach out to us directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com. Please include the address/phone number to the account and a copy of your post.

Customer ServiceMonitoringStaff

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2022

I called ADT and spoke with a representative who explained the whole process to me, and I ordered the product. My mother's using it. In case she hits the button, they should speak to the base unit. Something happened where they called my mother, and then they got disconnected somehow, and that was it. They never called my mother back. I contacted ADT and they called my mother back and explained everything. Other than that, the device works when she pushes that button.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2022

ADT's customer service was good and helpful. I just set my device up and stick it on every day. I haven't needed to use it, so that's good.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2022

There are people who are alerted when anybody has a problem. I had an experience when two guys showed up out of the blue. I had no idea that they were coming. I showed them the device and everything was fine. So they just said to keep taking care of it. I'm satisfied with it. So I'm not going to look to get something new as long as this is working the way it is.

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2022

When my hip came out and I fell, they got to me within an hour. When I was on the floor, I couldn't reach the device but it detects falls and if I'm not able to push the button, it will automatically call somebody.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2022

I've spoken to the reps when I get my device checked. They're very professional but it takes them a long time to answer. Also, the device is awkward and it's too big. I keep looking at it on my wrist thinking I'm gonna tell the time.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2022

I got ADT Medical Alert because I have seizures and I had spent a couple of nights on the floor because nobody knew I fell. I got one for my sister too because she still insists on going places by herself and there could be full blown COPD attacks, which include oxygen deprivation. I had the bracelet but I needed the pendant. It detects falls. We tested the watches and the response time was fine. I was talking to them when I realized that if I have a seizure, I can't push a button. That was when we decided I better get the pendant. I sent the bracelet in a brown bubble envelope that was in the box with the pendant. That envelope was addressed. ADT never called to tell me if they got the bracelet.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I feel more secure with ADT Medical Alert. It works. I know they keep an eye on it because I forgot to charge it one time and it was blinking red. I didn't notice it, but they called me as soon as they realized that the battery was low.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I got to the point where I didn't even wanna go out and walk any place because I was afraid of falling. But I feel better going out now that I have ADT Medical Alert. I don't worry as much because I know I got that right there. I used to wonder what am I gonna do if I'm really sick and can't get to a phone. I don't have that on my mind anymore.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I am pleased with the cost and service from ADT Medical Alert. They were very kind. I don't think any question was a stupid question. Everything was met with graciousness and a kind heart. They wanted to help. If there's one thing I can talk them into doing, it would be to take the device to bed. My mom keeps it by her nightstand between her two chairs. Without purchasing an additional device, I don't know that I can get her to change that behavior.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The reps explained the product to where I could understand. They were very informative. I am more comfortable now because I know I've got ADT Medical Alert if I need it.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The first day or two, the part where the speaker is wasn't working right. It would have a green light then a red light. I called them up and they told me that there was a problem with a tower in my area, but it would be fixed soon. By the third day, I never had any problems after that. The device makes me feel better when I go out. I've got it with me ‘cause they said it's a tracking device. It knows where you are. I always keep it in the middle of my house. It's near my purse, so I don't forget to take it with me when I go. I've been happy with it. I even told my neighbor about it. She wanted to know what kind I had. I gave her the phone number for ADT On-The-Go.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

It was very good with the reps. I asked questions about how the device worked, how far away I could be from the main unit, etc. I feel a lot more secure that I have it now. I fell in my kitchen. I didn't call but accidentally bumped the device, and they called me to see if I was okay. I would recommend it very highly.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The ADT Medical Alert gives us peace of mind. It’s a good quality. We just tested it out and the team was helpful and nice.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

A few days ago, I fell in the kitchen. They were getting ready to call but I was able to get back up. The box is in the bedroom, but I was able to crawl into the bedroom to wait and see if I could get up first before they called. The rep kept saying, “Patsy, are you all right? Patsy?”

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The price was good, and everything was easy. I bought from ADT Medical Alert for my mom, and she was hesitant at the beginning of wearing the device, but now, it’s a comfort. All of us are a lot more comfortable because at least, if she falls, we know that we can get her help. Somebody will be able to get to her to get her back up.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The ADT Medical Alert is working fine for my mom. We've had some issues but not related to the product 'cause my mom's pushing the button or she rolled over. We had two paramedic runs already. They'll start to charge us 750 a run now every time they come. The drawback is the product is in the family room. My brother was over at my mom's house the other day to take her to a funeral. She was in the shower and had to shut it off. But he was able to hit the reset button and not have an incident.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I'm very happy with the ADT Medical Alert device. I got it for my mother and it was totally easy to sign up.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I looked up ADT Medical Alert, and they seemed the best fit. The rep was very good and helpful. I repeated the same question a couple of times and he didn’t even hesitate or give an attitude. Helped me understand. And everything that he said would happen, did. It shipped in time. Unfortunately, we didn't really get to use it long. We had it for a couple of days, actually, and my dad passed. Sending it back was easy. Everybody has been super sweet.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

ADT called me within moments. And the service matched what we wanted. It might be a bit expensive, but I needed something right away. The representative was great. And the signup was very easy. And when I talked to my mom, we decided to just go with it. We will do some more shopping later, which we still might. It might be a bit overpriced for me for what we're getting. But it is clean and easy. And we got it set up easily. The service if needed is going to do what it needs to do.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I have a certain amount of disability. My sister goes out, and she's not here some time. And I know that if I need the button, I could press it and I would have somebody talking to me. ADT seemed like a good value. I talked to someone. It was not just online. It all went through clearly. The device came as expected but we had to send it back. We don't have a landline here, so we had to get a different version. They did a switch very quickly, and we got the device. The setup works clearly. They were helpful. It would have been nice if they told us about the landline more clearly in the beginning, because we don't have a landline here. And it would’ve made things a bit faster if they realized we needed the other version of the device. But that's okay. They corrected it right away.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The device keeps going off. False alerts. And I've been there for three of them where I could just hit cancel, and two of them, I was gone. But my husband was home, so there were phone calls going around. And every single time it has gone off, my mom was either sitting down in a chair or lying on her bed. When it did the alert and they called me, I said, “Can you tell if it was a button push or a fall detection?” And the woman told me it was a fall detection. So I said, “I would have assumed it was like an accidental push of the button.” So, that confuses me. But physically wearing it is fine. It brings peace of mind. It is effective. I like it. It's great. However, I keep getting false alerts on this one. But at some point, we're not going to get a call or something, and we're going to end up with police and ambulance here when we don't need it.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

When I tested the device, the response when good. The team was friendly and courteous.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I put the lockbox on the porch, and I was disappointed in it. It's the way it's made. It's tiny black numbers on a gray metal background. That would be impossible for a first responder to see if the porch light was not on or if they did not have a flashlight. I had been a Realtor in the past, and we had lockboxes that had easy to read numbers in a grid where the numbers were bigger. And it is way easier to punch in the code than to have to dial up those numbers on the ADT lockbox. So, we're gonna put a motion-activated spotlight above the lockbox so that a first responder walking up there, the light would come on, and they would be able to see to try to dial up those numbers. But still, they're so tiny that a guy with a big thumb is gonna have a problem with it. So, the lockbox is not adequate.

I called to see if there was a different type available. The person I talked to about it said, “That's the only one we have. If you want something different, you can go buy it.” So, my impression of the company and experience was negative at that point, because I thought they would care that the lockbox was obviously inadequate. And they didn't.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I liked the lady that I talked to. She was very informative and helpful. I had good help on the phone. The purchase went very smoothly. And the pricing was good. It seemed like the option that made the most sense. When they were trying to put a new watch band on it, my dad pushed the button by mistake. And ADT was very prompt in responding. So, I know that if it’s needed to be used, my mom will have help quickly.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The reps told us about the product, and we picked what we wanted and bought it. We chose ADT Medical Alert for the price, and they had the fall detection, where the other company didn't offer it.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

I feel more secure knowing that my mother has the device just in case. She says the response time is within 30 seconds.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

My four-year-old pressed the button by accident and ADT called me right away. However, my dad puts the device on his desk and doesn't even use it, which really concerns me. I'm trying to work on that with him. He should have had it on when he fell, but he didn't have it on him.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The reps were very knowledgeable and helpful, very caring, and kind for going through that situation. I'd say to people, “Just do it.” It's very easy to set up and use. I've got one in my mother-in-law's shower, she got a necklace on, and she has a home base in the living room. I feel a lot better.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

Signup went good. My aunt has not had to use the device, but we've tested it, and ADT was quick. ADT Medical Alert is a good fit for us, and everyone likes it.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

The reps answered all my questions and didn't try to push me to get something I didn't want. It was a very good experience. My father has that device and I don't worry as much about if something happens. We’ve learned that it is very accurate, because there was a case where my father was sleeping and he rolled over and pushed the button. Within minutes, we received a call that, “Hey, the alarm went off. We called 911 for you.” I felt at ease that the device was working like it should. So far, he hasn't fell and needed to use it, but we know it's there just in case.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

My friend, Charles, was really concerned about his security, but he is not capable of signing up on his own at this point in his life. I'm a longtime family friend. I called the ADT Medical Alert phone number to see what the different pricing were, and the pricing was right, so I got ahold of my friend to let him know, to figure out if he could afford to pay that per month. The guy that I spoke with on the phone, Steven, was really nice and very informative. He not only worked with me, but he worked with Charles as well to get everything accomplished. Charles has the product, and it's working out good. Ever since he got the device, he has not spoken, not one word, about feeling insecure with being home alone. So, I'm assuming he's enjoying the peace of mind of having it.

Customer ServiceMonitoringPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2022

If my kids are not here, I have to take the ADT device, and put it in my pocket, because I go outside a lot. So just in case I fall or slip, I have it in my pocket and I can push the button for help. I used to have the watch one, but then it was so old, they sent me a new one, and I sent the old one back. They sent me a necklace, but I don't like things hanging around my neck. So, I hang it on the rollator. That way, when I go out, I take it and put it in my pocket with the little box in its case.

As far as their customer service, when I called, they answered quickly. When I used them when I was living by myself, they came quickly. There were no ifs, ands, and buts about it. They came. When the ambulance and medical people came, they helped me really well. I kept falling on the floor, so they had to pick me up off the floor and get me back up in the chair. I love ADT. It's the best thing that has been created for me.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2022

The device works fine on my wrist. I recommend it.

Fall DetectionStaff

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2022

In January, I had a stroke and the machine with the pendant around my neck helped save my life. All I had to do was mash the button and the ambulance came. They got me to the hospital. I definitely recommend ADT Medical Alert.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2022

I got a new button not too long ago and we tested it. Then, I fell the last day of September and fractured my pelvic in two places. It was about three miles from home so it didn't work. But when I came home, my daughter tested it and it worked from the house and I’ve used it two times from falling in the house. I fell out in the yard and broke my hip, and I used ADT Medical Alert. The fire department came right up very quickly.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2022

ADT has not failed me. My husband was an older person and I worked. When he was alive, I felt comfortable with him having a pendant. If something was to happen, they would be able to respond. But he had an incident where he fell but they did not respond because the service was out of service. When I got home from work at 11:15 that night, he was laying on the floor and he had been laying there since 6:00. ADT apologized and reimbursed his money that year.

But I've tested my device a few times and they respond in less than a minute.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2022

The device is not bad but I wish there was something that's not so bulky. Other than that, my experience has been very positive.

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2022

ADT sent me the medical alert. I called up and got it working. They were very helpful.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2022

My ADT Medical Alert device is too sensitive sometimes. I just bump it into something and off it goes. But I can put up with it. The response has been very quick. It’s within 15 seconds.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2022

The ADT Medical Alert is awesome and their response time is fairly quick.

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2022

We got ADT because if something happens, it's easier for my mom just to push the button instead of calling 911.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2022

I've called a couple of times and ADT has been quick to respond. Their customer service team has been very friendly. I feel a lot more secure having ADT.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

We have the ADT Pulse system in the house and ADT Medical Alert was offered. It was part of the package and I felt comfortable having it. I've got a considerable amount of property and I wander and garden, and it's a very secure feeling. I've not had to use ADT Medical but I would recommend it. The only issue I have is my cat stepping on the unit occasionally. But there is no problem. We'll be in Florida for the winter and I will be discontinuing the service but I'll reactivate it as soon as we get back.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppBilling

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2022

The device is fine. I wear it around the neck.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Judy- Thank you for your review and for being such a wonderful part of the ADT family!

Customer ServiceMonitoringPunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2022

The first one I purchased was about four years ago. Someone came to the building and gave us a presentation. The rep from ADT was knowledgeable. I listened and I thought it would be suitable for me to have that. I followed up on it and I checked the system. They sent someone here to set it up. The first system I had was for indoors and would only extend to the lobby of the building I live in. I kept that system for two or three years.

Then, I upgraded the system. I liked the idea that this system is on the go and it has served me well. The first time I used it, I was glad I had it because my blood pressure was up extremely high and I felt like I was going to faint. I went ahead and pushed the button and I was so pleased with the promptness. They responded right away and the ambulance was here quickly. They also set up a conference call with my two sons who are both out of state. The only thing I'm not pleased about is that I am paying back a fee for the ambulance costs, which was $255. I couldn't afford to pay it at one time, so I'm sending them a $50 check a month to cover the cost of the ambulance travel to and from the hospital.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Sandra- We're so glad to hear you're OK! Thank you for being such a wonderful part of the ADT family and please reach out to our specialists directly at 1-800-238-2727 if we mat be of any additional assistance.

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2022

I've used it twice and I liked how quickly they got here. Everything was perfect and I'm happy with the device.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Joyce- We're so glad to hear everything is OK! Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance, our specialist team may be reached directly at 1-800-238-2727. ~ Thank you

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2022

I’m very happy with ADT. I had to use it when I fell off my ladder upstairs in my walk-in closet and fractured my femur. People were here in five minutes. The lady said, “Are we gonna be able to get in your house?” I have the alarm system. They couldn't use my alarm and get in through the garage. But I was able to bump down on my behind because I have a chairlift.

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2022

Wearing the ADT Medical device is not fun. I don't enjoy having it around my neck and I don’t like it. But I feel more secure having it.

Billing

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2022

Dealing with the reps has been good and I feel much safer with ADT Medical Alert. I'm glad that I have it. I wear the device 24 hours a day. It's a good thing to have when you have the condition that I have.

MonitoringDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2022

First fail occurred with initial shipping of order. Went to the one place I said DO NOT send it there. Lost a whole day of monitoring because of that. Promised "just open the package and call us." Failed to mention the 3 hour charging time required before just calling. So now 48 hours plus we are waiting for a different machine because the original doesn't work. We pleased for them to send the Landline version as we have unreliable cell service. They refused, because "first we have to try the other monitor." So now with the addition of a weekend we are out about 6 days. Second option didn't work either... Which is what we told them would happen. For an elderly person with 2 falls in 24 hours 6 days is a very long time. I would not recommend this company yo my worst enemy!

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2022

I got the pendant and it was just for here at home. I was constantly bumping it and I was constantly sending in false signals. Then I decided that I wanna get the other device. It was time to have that so that I can have it wherever I want if I needed it. I like my ADT Medical Alert. I have used it a few times because I get anxiety attacks and my blood pressure would be up. The customer service has been good. They respond very quickly and are usually here within 10 minutes. I would recommend it for seniors that need it. It's there and available. I’ve advised the medical alert device to a friend of mine but she just can't afford to do it right now. Her husband passed away too but her daughter and granddaughter are living with her.

Reviewed July 16, 2022

The service is good, and I couldn't ask for more courtesy and professionalism from the people at ADT. They called yesterday to do an update on the whole system and I appreciated that. They told me how long it would take. So, I just made sure I behaved myself while that was going on. I couldn't be happier with the help alert, the button around my neck and the mobile I use out on the road. I've had to use it once and it was a quick response.

Reviewed July 15, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has been good to have. I take it with me when I go walking. If I go to the store, I usually take the wristband with me. I pushed the button by mistake once and I got a very quick response. I was pleased with that but I had to apologize for the mistake.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 13, 2022

Quick delivery, easy set up, great customer service. Our main issue is fall detection and this system as it. The cost fit into our budget without much pain. I would recommend this system for peace of mind if you have a loved one home alone.

Reviewed July 3, 2022

I had a little bit of weakness in the left leg and also a little bit of dizziness and we went with the ADT program because it has a GPS system where if you activate it, it kinda shows you within so many feet. But that was corrected by medical. It was just a simple imbalance. We got that fixed and now, the device is more of a safety matter. I like it. It gives my wife, who works at night, the confidence. She'll get a call if there's something going on. It brings peace of mind to us all. We don't mind paying $150 every three months for the security on it is worth it.

Our charging cradle for the GPS wasn't charging and we put it in there after being out and the light wouldn't come on. We had issue after issue on it. I was getting calls that the battery was running low, et cetera, et cetera. So, I finally called ADT and talked to them about it. Two days later, I had a brand-new GPS unit out here and all I ever had to do was activate it. ADT ought to make a wrist module that straps on the wrist with a clock on it. That way, you would have the best of both worlds because you would have your wristwatch plus your activator if necessary. The new unit we got in is beautiful and works perfect. It does everything I wanted to do but I’ve never had any need on it. ADT is a very good service. Later, we might consider using their doorbell device. We've talked about it but right now, we're okay. They did good so I'm satisfied.

Reviewed July 2, 2022

I had long-legged pants and I tripped on the hem and fell. I had to call ADT and I told them to call my daughter because she's five minutes away and she can get here faster than the ambulance can. And she came and helped me up. I’m about a mile from the hospital and I was right at the hospital in five minutes. I’ve been very pleased with ADT Medical Alert. Everything’s good and the quality is great. If I had a problem and I miss a call and if I don't answer it soon enough, I've got the 1800 number right by that phone. And I can call them and tell them to cancel, so I don't have any problem with that.

Reviewed July 1, 2022

I fall a lot and the doctors couldn't figure out why. So they insisted on me getting a medical alert device and I'm glad I did. ADT checks in every month and test their machine to make sure that it's working so it'll be ready, just in case. I didn't get to even use them. But last month, I fell. I can usually get up and maneuver myself, so I don't have to call anybody. But every once in a while, I need the fire department to come help me get up. And at that time, I couldn't get to the phone, so I pushed my button. The rep asked, “Can I help you?” And we went to business and the fire department was here in no time.

The device is like a necklace but I don't go anywhere anymore so I don't wear necklaces very often. But I'm used to that now. I tell everybody about ADT Medical Alert. I'm not supposed to take a shower without people here and a lot of times, it's too far between. I can hang my device in the bathroom while I'm taking my shower because the moisture doesn't bother it. I don't put it right underneath the running water. I don't want to ruin it. But it's right there beside me. So I can take a shower whenever I want to.

Reviewed June 30, 2022

This medical alert device can go with me. I like the feeling that it gives me of security. It was accidentally set off a couple times and the response was immediate. ADT Medical Alert is convenient, affordable and responsive. I'm completely happy with it.

Reviewed June 29, 2022

I have only worn the watch for one month and have not had to use it for any emergency. Being a watch, I was under the impression it might at least provide the time of day, yet alone Blood Pressure or Pulse the way other smart watches do. It would be nice if the watch could be redesigned for such features.

Reviewed June 22, 2022

I am very satisfied with my ADT alert system. Since I live alone, this medical alert system gives me peace-of-mind. ADT's customer service is excellent. They were especially vey helpful when I first started using their medical alert system. Thank you Consumer Report for giving a great report when I was making an important decision.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for the feedback and five-star review!

Reviewed May 26, 2022

My salesperson, Rebecca **, did a tremendous job explaining all the features and choices. Also, the lady that helped me set up the system (did not write down her name) was very pleasant and informative. I am a widow and the price was affordable and the system is just what I needed.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for the feedback and five-star review!

Installation & SetupDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed April 13, 2022

Early experience: Easy to order, fast shipping, easy setup, and easy test. Good instructions and it seems it will be easy to use when necessary. No negatives to report. I hope I never have to relate a real life experience with it.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for the five star review and feedback!

Reviewed March 31, 2022

I have a dear older friend and I was worried about her being alone because she was now unsteady on her feet. So, I bought ADT Medical Alert for her. They seem to be the most reasonably priced. Also, I know they do a home security system so I figured they would be dependable.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hey Cheryl! Thank you for the positive review and feedback! We'll be there for your friend when they need us!

Reviewed March 25, 2022

My mother has the device as a precaution in case she fell and I was at a doctor's appointment, she could get the help, or if she fell out in the yard and didn't have a phone. It has gone off twice and she was out of town when that happened so we are not sure how that happened. It could have been a power failure. But it's good.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hi Abbey. Thank you for the review and feedback. Glad to hear it was a false alarm, and we hope your mother continues to be safe. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with false alarms.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffBilling

Reviewed March 24, 2022

My father is going through treatment and he was slipping and falling at the house. He passed out one day in the tub with my mother, and she got stuck holding him up for an hour and a half. So, I ordered ADT Medical Alert for my parents so that they could keep their independence a little longer. I liked the ADT On-the-Go, where my parents can take to the doctor's office with them. Also, it works on AT&T’s network. I liked that they had that option.

The people from ADT, in general, were very nice. It's just that the English on one of the calls I had was very hard to understand. The payment portion was a nightmare. It’s supposed to be direct billed to my credit card so I don't have any nasty past due notices. Because they have their own security system at the house, the payment issue was very frustrating. They don't do payments in advance so I could just set it up when we set up everything else. You have to wait till you get a bill, then you have to set up the payment. So, I had to call them. They put you through this whole system then you put your own credit card. You feel safe and confident. You enter your own credit card and expiration. Then they come back on the line with you. The rep didn’t set up the monthly billing right. Then my dad was in the hospital, and I get a past-due notice. I haven't gotten any more past due notices though.

The other thing is they keep saying we can go to the online app to set it up, but I can’t because I don’t have the alarm system. I don’t have the code, so I can’t pay it through the app. I have to deal with customer service, which takes longer and more time. I already had a stressful time. So the last time, I screamed at the guy and said, “I just want to pay the goddamn bill. Would you just put me through so I can pay the damn bill?” Finally, I was paying it, and I had to apologize 20 times to the man because I felt so bad.

One of the times my mom needed it, it took ADT about three minutes to answer. That's kind of scary when you’re sitting there for three minutes. The other two times, she said they were very quick. I like the security. The nice thing about the On-the-Go is my mom gets to wear the communication device on her chest. My dad gets the wristband on his wrist. So, if he presses it, my mom knows there’s a problem. The device made it perfect for the situation that we were in. That was so convenient.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hi Rae. Thank you so much for the review and feedback. We appreciate you sharing this with us. While any outbound calls for any signals we received should take place ASAP, we apologize for any hold time you experienced when calling in to ADT. For peace of mind, any inbound calls are not handled by the same agents that would be calling out on alarms, so any emergency calls would not be affected by inbound hold times. We want to ensure those agents are readily available to handle any emergency signals we get.

Customer ServiceMonitoringPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 23, 2022

We sent the ADT Medical Alert device back because it wasn't working. It wasn't communicating. The ADT people told us to send it back. I'm not impressed with ADT's customer service. They sent the ambulance out to my mother when the alarm went off and they called three people. We all said, "Don't send the ambulance," and the ambulance came out. They contacted me, and I called them right away. I called the main number that they told me to do, and they said, "Press 1." I never got that prompt. I just had to speak to somebody. They called all the other three people and they did the same thing. They all called back, and they still sent the ambulance.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding our services. We do apologize that are services didn't meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to speak to you further regarding our services. We can be reached at 1-800-238-2727.

Reviewed March 22, 2022

My brother had fallen in January and he didn't have any way to get ahold of anybody because his phone was out of reach and he couldn't get up to get to it. So whenever I got into my house, we started calling around. ADT was the one that came up with the best coverage and service in our area because I live out in the country. So we got it for him. He fell just the other day. It's got a fall alert on it and it immediately picked it up. It said, “There's a fall detected.”

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hi Wanda. Thank you for the review and feedback! We hope everything is ok with your brother!

Reviewed March 21, 2022

I liked ADT Medical Alert's price. Purchasing was very easy. I called them, they sent me a link and I filled out the form. On the same day, my dad was signed up. Two days later, he got his device. It was a very quick turnaround. When my dad plays cards, he leans forward and presses the device. ADT will call and say he’s fallen. I'm like, “No, he’s sitting at the table with me.” About twice, it got caught under his arm. They called. So, they've been very efficient in phoning when it seems like the device has gone off. Overall, they've been amazing.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hi Lorraine! Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad to hear it was a false alarm!

Reviewed March 20, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has good customer support, but we are going to return the product because it's been too difficult for my family members to remember to take the second piece of equipment with them when they leave the house. My brother-in-law has fallen a number of times, and it hasn't been detected because he didn't have that second piece with him.

People have to know whether the people who are going to use the product are homebound or are going to be leaving the house and perhaps driving. I got fall detection, and I will continue to do that. Although the technology, state-of-the-art, is highly sensitive. So there are a number of false alarms, which I want my family members to tolerate because I want it to be able to pick up when they do fall. It's just a necessary inconvenience to have to call off the emergency medical people when there's a false alarm. I still want the fall detection in this particular case because both my sister and brother-in-law are prone to falling.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hello Laraine. Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry for the frustrating experiences. If you do have any issues with your account, please let us know and we'll follow up with our home health team on your behalf to assist further. We can be reached by either calling 1 800 238 2727 or by email at AlwaysThere@adt.com Thank you!

Reviewed March 19, 2022

ADT sounded pretty good so I went with them. Customer service was fine. When I got the device, I set it up. If I remember to take the necklace thing with me, I'm okay.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hi Janice! Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Reviewed March 18, 2022

Purchasing a medical alert device for my mom was easy. I called ADT and we received the device in less than five days. Unfortunately, we returned the device because my mom died.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hello Laura. We are so sorry for your loss!! If there are any issues with her account, please let us know so we can help address them.

Reviewed March 17, 2022

My mom needed something that had fall detection. She lives alone and was having some health issues. I wanted her to have that protection. ADT sounded like the best option for us. The device arrived in a couple of days and I was pretty impressed. Their staff helped us with the set-up and they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

We tested the device originally then my mom was in the hospital and in rehab for a while so we haven't tested it since. It went off once when I had it at my house when my mom accidentally hit it. My brother answered her cell phone and let ADT know it was a false alarm. My mom had recommended ADT to her friends. So far, we've been really happy with the device and the pricing.

ADT Medical Alert
Response from ADT Medical Alert

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and sharing your experience! We're so happy to have you as part of the ADT family!

Reviewed March 16, 2022

I live alone and wanted the comfort of knowing that if I were to fall, I would have some help. ADT has been helpful. I did the set-up over the phone and it was easy. Customer service was very professional. I have set off the device myself and the response came in a minute or two. If anyone wants to, then try ADT.

Response from ADT Medi