Get Pricing

2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (238 ratings)

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert systems allow seniors to connect with help at the touch of a button, whether they’re at home or on the go. The company's systems fit every lifestyle, are ready to use out of the box, do not require long-term contracts and make it easy for seniors to enjoy the benefits of staying active.

Pros

• No long-term contracts
    • Fixed-rate pricing
    • 100% satisfaction guarantee
    • Optional fall detection pendant

Cons

• No automatic testing

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: May 4, 2021

My frustration with ADT is that I don't know where they send the bill. They always call me and tell me I haven't paid my bill but I don't get it until like two weeks after I've paid it. Other than that, it seems to work okay. Having the Medical Alert for my mother, I'm not as panicked, although we haven't had any emergency experiences. They call me immediately if she mashes the bracelet. They're very responsive and I've been very pleased with them.

Original review: May 4, 2021

When we tested my ADT Medical Alert device, I realized that I have to be within a 10 feet radius for their reps to even hear me and for me to hear them. It seems that when they first sell it to you, they say that it'll carry the distance of a football field but then it doesn't. Of course, if I'm out in the yard and I push the button, I don't expect to hear what's being said on the machine. But if I'm in my home, I expect to hear it. They need to work on the technology a bit.

ADT Medical Alert response

Melba- We're truly sorry for this concerning issue with the system and would love to address your concerns with you ASAP. Please email our team directly at CAhealth@adt.com along with the full address in which the services are located and a reference to your review so we may help you in fixing this trouble. ~ Thank you

Original review: May 4, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert is nice to have 'cause I'm here by myself a lot of times and if I fall, I got it to call back on. Although, sometimes, I turn it on and I don't need to. I don't know why and how I do that. But they are very quick to respond.

Original review: May 3, 2021

We have ADT security for our home so we knew their billing and everything was really well done. I called to see if they have a service to have a pendant for medical alert stuff and they did. They told me all about it. The reps were extremely professional and very accommodating when I was asking questions. It was a good experience dealing with them.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I'm doing fine with ADT Medical Alert. I had to learn to put it on the charger every night, but I'm about to do that. I enjoy it.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I searched online for different options and different providers. But when I found out that my security provider did the same thing, I went with ADT Medical Alert. The service was easy to set up and didn't take much time. Having it makes me feel safe because I have somebody to call other than just 911. One time, I got to see that the service worked and their team responded within a minute after I pushed the button. Also, when I happened to let the battery get low, they called to make sure that I have it on the charger.

Original review: May 3, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert fits okay. But I don't like wearing the pendant if I'm dressed up, so I just make sure I have the other one with me, the carry one. I've tested it and they answered and told me everything was fine. Then they reset it. They were just very nice. Whoever I've talked to was very courteous and professional.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I've contacted them once and that was during set up and the rep of ADT was very helpful.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I wear my ADT medical alert device around the neck. I thought it said it's gonna be $27 a month but the last I got was almost a 100.

Original review: May 2, 2021

The only thing about the device is that when I bend over and it’s on my neck, it falls in front of me. If I'm picking something up, it's a bit irritating to have that dangling around. Other than that, it's been good so far.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I liked my other device because I just had to take the one that was right underneath. It had GPS and all on it. With this ADT, I have to take both things. That's the only thing I don't like about it. They need to try to find out just having one thing that I could use instead of two. But I like the service. I took the time to test it. It was Thursday or Friday when I got in the shower and something went off. All I did was grab ahold of that button and just kept mashing it and it was cleared. I liked how ADT responded to it and how fast they got to me. I was glad about that because it secured me when I took a bath.

Original review: May 1, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert seems to fit in fairly well. I've had a couple of false emergencies where it went off when I didn't mean it to. I hit the reset button and it stopped.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I’ve had a wonderful experience with the ADT Medical Alert team and the button is great. I put it around my neck and anywhere I go around or outside the house, I know I'm safe and secure, in case something should happen. My husband and I tested it. He pushed the button but it was a little too loud. It was overbearing. I'm gonna have him see if he could get that put down.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I had some initial problems with it going off on me without me understanding why. It's very sensitive. I was really frustrated with it going off so much. But that was my only complaint. When it went off, they were very prompt in their response. Having the device is an additional comfort and it gives me a feeling of security knowing that if I fall or something happens to me, I have the ability to reach out for help.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Michelle- Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. If you are ever in need of assistance, please reach out to us at 1-800-568-1216.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I called Medical Guardian and I did not like the way the salesperson talked. He was very pushy and did not give me the information I needed. I called Life Alert and they sent me a brochure. Then my daughter said since I got ADT security, just get an ADT Medical. I haven't used it, thankfully. I'm supposed to test it every so often, but I didn't know how to do it. Overall, I'm very satisfied. I live alone, but I'm not alone.

Original review: April 30, 2021

The reps of ADT Medical Alert were extremely friendly.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I feel comfortable with my device on and I don't take it off unless I'm in the shower. I feel good to know that I just have to hit a button and I'll have some help if I need it. Call and sign up. ADT is right on the stick as far as contacting their customers.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I took ADT Medical Alert because I'm very well-satisfied with the Home Security I have. My sons and I agreed that it was a good company to work with and I got perks with them. I'm starting off with the basic and if I think I'm headed for more problems, they told me I could upgrade it at any time. And it was no contract. They made it sound like if I changed my mind and I went into assisted living and maybe I didn't need it, it would be no problem returning it. I like their policy. Also, one thing I was impressed with was I called and ordered it one morning and I spoke to the girl for about an hour. She was so kind. Then, the device came the very next day after I ordered it. I would recommend ADT.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I feel more secure with my ADT Medical Alert device. If I need help, all I got to know is just push the button. I'm very pleased and I do recommend it. You never know when you're going to need it, especially if you get older.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I just had a triple bypass not long ago. One morning, I got up and I felt dizzy, and I thought, I live on my own and if something were to go wrong, I have no means of communicating. Having ADT gives me a bit more peace. It's easy to use and I don't have a problem wearing it every day. I travel with it too.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Robert wears that wristband all the time. He got a letter last week about that the unit was not being charged. When I was here, I went and looked at it. Robert and his daughter actually put the thing upside down. So it should have like an arrow which way to put it on the charger. It's very easy to put that upside down and then it's not charging. It's sitting in the cradle, but it's not charging. For an older person, that is not a good design.

When you're dealing with older people, sometimes a step-by-step or a picture on what to do and how to do it is really what they need. They could make a handy little thing that he could put on his desk that shows what to do if things happen. But when I called ADT, they were as nice as could be. Their customer service is excellent. They were very helpful. The rep walked me through exactly what we needed to do, because I had questions, like are we supposed to always leave it on the cradle. The professionalism of who I talked to was excellent.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My brother-in-law has Parkinson's and the device was for him. Unfortunately, he has been moved to a rehab facility and we have disconnected it. But the team at ADT was great.

Original review: April 28, 2021

My doctor didn’t want me alone in the house and the ADT Medical Alert was available through my ADT service. I usually wear it all day. It worked for me during the time that I needed it. I’m not gonna keep it but for a couple of months.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I wanted something that the watch part would be self-contained - that I could receive and send messages over the wristwatch. But it's not true with ADT. You have to have a little device in addition to the wristwatch. So, it wasn't what I wanted. I sent it back. I wrapped it up and put a label on it. ADT said it would be another month before I would get the money back.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Nelda. We apologize for any frustration this has caused you. Once the equipment has been received we will notate the account and process the refund accordingly. Thank you!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I have ADT for my alarm and they gave me a special offer for the medical alert device. I'll feel safe because it's right there and I can push the button. I happen to accidentally push that when I was taking a shower and the box came right on. The response was right away. They kept asking me if I was okay and I told them I’m fine. I have it to go around my neck and I don’t like the comfort of it, but so far, I've had someone here with me. When I'll be alone, I will wear it.

Original review: April 28, 2021

When I first got it, they explained to me how to set it up and they were very helpful. I will highly recommend ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I always wear my cell phone. But I realized that if I were to fall or something like that, I might not be able to get to my phone. I just wear the device underneath my blouse and I would be able to reach up there and press the button and be able to get the help I needed. It can be a little heavy sometimes and it gets a little frustrating. But for the most part, I don't even notice it. I feel secure. I've tested it every couple of months and the people say, "Call us any time to make sure it's working." I've done that. It's just that I'm paying 33 and I would be a lot happier if ADT came down a little bit in their pricing to around 25 instead. I'm a senior citizen, so every penny counts. But there's an old saying that you get what you pay for. They're excellent.

Original review: April 27, 2021

The reps called and we tested the ADT Medical Alert device but I hope I don't have to use it. Half of the time, I don't remember to put it on but I usually have my phone with me. I’m not one who has to depend on the device completely but the team is there.

Original review: April 27, 2021

My son made me have a medical alert device because I live alone. We have ADT in our house and he just thought it would be convenient. He did all the setup because it was his deal. We've already had one checkup that I have figured out how to do and it went through easily. The device is hanging around my neck. I'm going to get a better chain on it so it's a little more becoming. I feel a little more secure with it even though I didn't want it. I don't even notice it that much.

Original review: April 27, 2021

We had another product but it kept cutting in and out. We had a hard time catching up with a person even when we did our test. One of them was faulty equipment and we had to end up sending that back. That was a no-no due to the situation of my husband and I and our son. My husband had seizures, so he needs something with him at all time when I'm not around. Then, even though there's someone with my son at all times, he has a base ADT 911 caller and it works great. Even when we do our tests, they're always right there on point. They answer every time. That was really impressive for me, especially for last week when we had a medically alert. When he hit the button, got the call, the people answered in a matter of seconds. He said it was an emergency. Within minutes, they said that the ambulance and everyone are on their way. The ambulance took about 15 minutes to come. But they did their part and got up here. ADT was more efficient.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information