Disclosures

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert specializes in personal emergency response systems (PERS). Similar to ADT home security systems, these medical alert devices connect to a 24/7 monitoring center. The company charges ongoing monthly fees for this service.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Optional fall detection (not 100% of falls)
  • Prorated refunds when canceled mid-cycle
Cons
  • No automatic testing
  • No free trial period
  • No mobile app

Stars Rating

• 81%
  • 10%
  • 5%
  • 2%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Reviewed May 12, 2024

It's a little too sensitive than I thought it would be. If I happen to drop it or do something, I get a call right away that something's wrong and I get to my control and tell them that there's no problem. When they come, they're very polite but as soon as I mention that they shouldn't be here, they leave.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the feedback!

Reviewed May 12, 2024

With ADT medical alert, I'm more secure at night. I dropped it and it's supposed to detect when there's a fall. It started beeping right away. I called right away and said that I had simply dropped the device. They were very prompt to respond.

Pinned

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Reviewed May 12, 2024

I've had ADT and ADT Medical Alert for a long time, and I'm pleased. I called them one time for reassurance that I have them if I need them. I have the device in the kitchen. It's got five little bars on it, and you call once a month. When one of those little bars starts blinking, it's time to call and have them reset it. When they reset it, they have you hang up and mash your button. They check your button and I've always heard them real plain. If it wasn't working properly, you wouldn't be able to hear them. I would recommend them 100%. I've had nothing but good results from every time I've called them. I'm also satisfied with the price. We would always hope it would be a little cheaper but they're very competitive.

Pinned

Thank you for the review and feedback!

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I am an unhappy camper. I fell and pushed the button on the pendant on my neck one time, and the green light came on. I laid there for 20 minutes before somebody responded. That was ridiculous. About the time they responded, I pushed 911 and called for paramedics. If ADT Medical Alert doesn't respond in five or six minutes, who cares? If I was hurt, that would be different.

Pinned

Hello. We apologize for the frustrating experience with this incident. Please email us at AlwaysThere@adt.com with further details. Please include the address and phone number for where the services are located, so we can review what happened further. Thank you.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

The quality is fine and I test it every month but the cost is rather expensive.

Pinned

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate it.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I've been very satisfied with ADT Medical Alert. I wear it every day. When I go out, I put the wrist one on. At home, I have the one around my neck. It's a good thing to have. It gives me more peace of mind, especially when I go out alone. One night, it went off but I didn't hear it. I felt terrible when they came to my door.

Pinned

Hi Doris. Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review. We appreciate you being part of the ADT family.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

It's very comforting to know I have my ADT Medical Alert on hand. It's been great.

Pinned

Hi sherry. Thank you for your 5-star rating and review! We appreciate it.

Fall Detection

Reviewed April 15, 2024

The pendant is a little heavy to me so I asked for the watch. The device works. With little things that go wrong, the reps are here. I hope they can let the price go down though.

Pinned

Thank you, Edna for your feedback. We appreciate you. Take care and stay safe.

Reviewed April 14, 2024

ADT is a good company. I've never had any problems. My device has been fine. In case something happens, I need it. I'm by myself. I don't have any trouble with the testing. We do it every month.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Reviewed April 14, 2024

We investigated several companies and because we have ADT security in both of our homes in New Jersey and in Florida, we decided to tie the whole thing together and got an ADT medical alert device. My wife and I both have the device and, a couple of times, it accidentally went off and ADT called right away and they reset the unit. So, we've been fine so far. We don't wear the devices all the time if we're together. I'm her caregiver during the day. So, if she's in the house and I'm in the house, we don't wear them. But if we go out, we always wear them.

When we accidentally set off the device, we can hear the ringing, but nobody picks up for a minute or so. But then, once they pick up, they say, "Is everything okay or is there a way we can help you?" They know us by name. I tell them, "No, everything is fine. It was an accident. We dropped it or whatever." We press the button and ask them to reset it. Our unit's plugged in. If it's green, we know it's functioning. It has a backup feature for 14 hours in case there's a loss of power. I'm very happy with ADT.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you for the review and feedback!

Customer ServiceFall Detection

Reviewed April 14, 2024

We're happy with ADT. We have a good experience with them. My mom fell twice and she broke her bones. Since then, she has ADT and so far, so good. I feel much better because the second time she fell, she had the thing on. And they called me and the ambulance was already there before I got there. I'm satisfied with their service.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing and the positive review! We hope your mom is doing well!

Customer ServiceFall Detection

Reviewed April 13, 2024

ADT has been reliable. My only concern is that the battery life of the pendant doesn't last as long. They're constantly having to send a new one for my patient all the time. But other than that, the service has been really good. We've had to use it a few times and everything is good on it. It's small and compact. It’s a nice little gadget. The customer service has been very understanding. If I have to leave my number to call back, pretty much immediately, after I hang up, they call right away. As far as the emergency response, they're good. It's also affordable, not like the other ones that are high in price.

Pinned

Thank you for the review and feedback, we greatly appreciate it!

MonitoringStaff

Reviewed April 11, 2024

My ADT Medical Alert has worked perfectly. It gives me a peace of mind since I got it. The reps have been excellent. Every time I've talked to them, they've been very helpful. Where I needed an ambulance, they came right away. The only problem I have is, now and then, it goes off. I don't know if I'm hitting it. But I can cancel it on the medical alert, so it works fine. I'd recommend for anybody to get it.

Pinned

Hi Terry. We appreciate your feedback and the 5-star ratings and review. Take care!

Reviewed April 3, 2024

They're always prompt with their call. They help me whenever I can't remember how to do the monthly test. I would recommend ADT Medical Alert to anybody. We're happy with the service.

Fall DetectionStaff

Reviewed March 27, 2024

The medical team is good. I just couldn't get the necklace to work. The only reason I wanted it was for the on-the-go. But it didn't work and I didn't need it. So, I just sent it back.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

This past week, I was putting some groceries away, and I bent down, and I accidentally bumped it against the cabinet, and the alarm went off. So, I just hit the reset button. The device is okay.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

They talked to me when I got the device to go through a system and get it set up. I got that all taken care of. Then they said they would call once a month. They've already called one time and talked to me. So everything was just fine. Their response time was very quick. Another nice thing about ADT is they will also contact my brother who sees over what happens to me.

Customer ServiceMonitoringStaff

Reviewed March 27, 2024

We had a very good experience with the communication, and the effectiveness of being able to alert us if something happens, and for them to call 911. I'm glad that ADT is able to help people that are needing emergency when they fall. They're excellent.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 27, 2024

The device is not super comfortable for my mom. But she wears the wristband device. The reps were great and very prompt.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

They had a GPS device that I could take my call box with me. It's a little pendant thing. I wanted that because it had a better price point and also had the GPS so I could go anywhere and have the protection. Knowing that I've got it on me, I know I can get somebody to take care of me where I live alone if I fall. It makes me know that I've got a backup, and that if things happen, I'm gonna be taken care of. I wear it all the time. The ADT team has been fantastic. They've always been extremely helpful. They call me by name when they get a false alert. They are very kind. ADT is easy to work with. They have exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Having the medical alert device gives me a sense of freedom. When I misplaced the device that I had, I reordered another one and the customer service was wonderful.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 27, 2024

I’ve had the ADT Medical Alert for two months now and I tested it twice with them. Their reaction time is very good. They also seem to be the most perfect compared to others and their prices are very good. I ordered the wrong one to start up with. And a week later, I got the new one in. Everything was great. I got the mobile life alert one. And they sent me the hand band with it, like a stopwatch. But you don't need that to use the model. They didn't charge me for it.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

I feel a little more safe when I have the device on. But I would rather have a smaller device than that one that goes around my neck.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

The only thing that bothers me about ADT is that the little monitor thing doesn't hold the charge for a whole lot. I charge it, but a day and a half later, I gotta recharge it. Other than that, it’s fine. When I couldn't find the little thing that you talk into and charge, I called ADT and they helped me find it by using the tracker. So that was very helpful to me. But it would be better if they could put a flex band on the watch because after you fasten it, it comes loose again. You can't keep it fastened. So, I don't wear the watch because it's useless to me.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

I've been very, very pleased with the service. The fobs set off three different times. But they were always right there. They called to make sure what was going on. I'm very, very happy about it. My family is ecstatic that I have it. Everybody I've dealt with has been very pleasant and friendly. It's obvious that this is more than just a job to them, and that they truly care about people. That's hard to find anymore.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

The ADT salesman was better than the other ones I talked to. He was more knowledgeable, plus the ADT name. I live alone, so I'm feeling more secure having that device in case I fall. It made me more cautious about potential issues. It's working fine. We have a series of power outages. It turned off and on, off and on, and it made announcements every time the power changed. So I could tell it was working.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed March 27, 2024

I called ADT and told them I needed a return shipping label. I kept it for over two weeks and it's not open. I decided to send it back. So, I called them the other day and they told me they sent the return shipping label two weeks ago. But I've never received it. The rep gave me the runaround and I told him to send me another one. But he said, “Well, we can’t do that one. No, we can't.” It was against the policy. So he said, “Watch the mail real well and then if you don't receive one in a week, then call and we'll give you another one.” I'm not happy.

I didn't hang up with when I called them and then I heard a click, click, click and somebody got on the phone saying they wanted to give me a deal for $39 a month. But I never really understood what the deal was going to be. But he just kept talking and talking and I said, “I'm not interested.” To me, it was a scam company and I think it was hooked up with this ADT that would have called. I called ADT straight and I told them what had happened. They told me, “Well, we've never heard of anything.” So, I called my bank and told them to make sure nothing came out of this $39.

Pinned

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re sorry to hear about this experience, and we would like to further assist you in getting this resolved. Please reach out to us directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com. Please include the address/phone number to the account and a copy of your post.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

We've had a good experience with ADT. Their team has been very good. They have good customer service.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Since using ADT, I feel a lot safer and a lot more secure. Due to my physical disability, I need a medical alert device for safety in the home. Their team has been excellent. I would recommend them to anybody. ADT is America's best home security system. But I'm trying to get my insurance to pay for my Medical Alert. But it's taking so long for me to get that paid for. And I am running out of options of who to go through. It's weird because I've talked to them multiple times. I told them I'm trying to get my insurance to pay for it and they were like, "We're gonna limit your service.” That doesn't make sense. So right now, I owe them a bill and I've got to pay them.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

We got an ADT medical alert for my mother-in-law. She is 96 years old and she has trouble walking. She's got a small house. But she does not like to use her cane, so she was really wobbly. We got her one with the wristband. She has been wearing it and she's been taking the wristband off when she takes her bath or when she takes her shower. I'm like, “You need to keep it on because you could slip and fall in the shower.”

A few weeks ago, my husband went over there and he said there was something funny with the system. He tried to call and they couldn't reactivate it. I don't think it was the system. It was about the same time it was all over the news that certain cell phones didn't have service, that AT&T didn't have service and some of Verizon and some of T-Mobile too. A gentleman said, “Okay. We will send you a new system.” They sent the new system, the wristband and the little neck lanyard too. We swapped out the systems. I asked my mother-in-law, “Which one do you want? Do you want the wristband? Or do you want the one to wear around your neck?” She wanted the one around her neck. So, we sent back the old system, the old wristband, and the new wristband. She's been wearing a lanyard around her neck and fortunately, she has not had to use it yet, so that's good.

Pinned

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 Stars.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information