4.6/5 (277 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert specializes in personal emergency response systems (PERS). Similar to ADT home security systems, these medical alert devices connect to a 24-hour monitoring center. The company charges ongoing monthly fees for this service, but there are no upfront costs. Also, the company’s ForevRate guarantee means your price won’t change.

Pros

• No upfront equipment costs
  • Price lock guarantee
  • Optional fall detection
  • Reasonable cancellation policy

Cons

• No automatic testing
  • No free trial period

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert offers in-home and mobile devices. Systems are available with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection pendants. Packages come preprogrammed and do not require long-term contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: July 16, 2022

The service is good, and I couldn't ask for more courtesy and professionalism from the people at ADT. They called yesterday to do an update on the whole system and I appreciated that. They told me how long it would take. So, I just made sure I behaved myself while that was going on. I couldn't be happier with the help alert, the button around my neck and the mobile I use out on the road. I've had to use it once and it was a quick response.

Original review: July 15, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has been good to have. I take it with me when I go walking. If I go to the store, I usually take the wristband with me. I pushed the button by mistake once and I got a very quick response. I was pleased with that but I had to apologize for the mistake.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Quick delivery, easy set up, great customer service. Our main issue is fall detection and this system as it. The cost fit into our budget without much pain. I would recommend this system for peace of mind if you have a loved one home alone.

Original review: July 3, 2022

I had a little bit of weakness in the left leg and also a little bit of dizziness and we went with the ADT program because it has a GPS system where if you activate it, it kinda shows you within so many feet. But that was corrected by medical. It was just a simple imbalance. We got that fixed and now, the device is more of a safety matter. I like it. It gives my wife, who works at night, the confidence. She'll get a call if there's something going on. It brings peace of mind to us all. We don't mind paying $150 every three months for the security on it is worth it.

Our charging cradle for the GPS wasn't charging and we put it in there after being out and the light wouldn't come on. We had issue after issue on it. I was getting calls that the battery was running low, et cetera, et cetera. So, I finally called ADT and talked to them about it. Two days later, I had a brand-new GPS unit out here and all I ever had to do was activate it. ADT ought to make a wrist module that straps on the wrist with a clock on it. That way, you would have the best of both worlds because you would have your wristwatch plus your activator if necessary. The new unit we got in is beautiful and works perfect. It does everything I wanted to do but I’ve never had any need on it. ADT is a very good service. Later, we might consider using their doorbell device. We've talked about it but right now, we're okay. They did good so I'm satisfied.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I had long-legged pants and I tripped on the hem and fell. I had to call ADT and I told them to call my daughter because she's five minutes away and she can get here faster than the ambulance can. And she came and helped me up. I’m about a mile from the hospital and I was right at the hospital in five minutes. I’ve been very pleased with ADT Medical Alert. Everything’s good and the quality is great. If I had a problem and I miss a call and if I don't answer it soon enough, I've got the 1800 number right by that phone. And I can call them and tell them to cancel, so I don't have any problem with that.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I fall a lot and the doctors couldn't figure out why. So they insisted on me getting a medical alert device and I'm glad I did. ADT checks in every month and test their machine to make sure that it's working so it'll be ready, just in case. I didn't get to even use them. But last month, I fell. I can usually get up and maneuver myself, so I don't have to call anybody. But every once in a while, I need the fire department to come help me get up. And at that time, I couldn't get to the phone, so I pushed my button. The rep asked, “Can I help you?” And we went to business and the fire department was here in no time.

The device is like a necklace but I don't go anywhere anymore so I don't wear necklaces very often. But I'm used to that now. I tell everybody about ADT Medical Alert. I'm not supposed to take a shower without people here and a lot of times, it's too far between. I can hang my device in the bathroom while I'm taking my shower because the moisture doesn't bother it. I don't put it right underneath the running water. I don't want to ruin it. But it's right there beside me. So I can take a shower whenever I want to.

Original review: June 30, 2022

This medical alert device can go with me. I like the feeling that it gives me of security. It was accidentally set off a couple times and the response was immediate. ADT Medical Alert is convenient, affordable and responsive. I'm completely happy with it.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I have only worn the watch for one month and have not had to use it for any emergency. Being a watch, I was under the impression it might at least provide the time of day, yet alone Blood Pressure or Pulse the way other smart watches do. It would be nice if the watch could be redesigned for such features.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I am very satisfied with my ADT alert system. Since I live alone, this medical alert system gives me peace-of-mind. ADT's customer service is excellent. They were especially vey helpful when I first started using their medical alert system. Thank you Consumer Report for giving a great report when I was making an important decision.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the feedback and five-star review!

Original review: May 26, 2022

My salesperson, Rebecca **, did a tremendous job explaining all the features and choices. Also, the lady that helped me set up the system (did not write down her name) was very pleasant and informative. I am a widow and the price was affordable and the system is just what I needed.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the feedback and five-star review!

Original review: April 13, 2022

Early experience: Easy to order, fast shipping, easy setup, and easy test. Good instructions and it seems it will be easy to use when necessary. No negatives to report. I hope I never have to relate a real life experience with it.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the five star review and feedback!

Original review: March 31, 2022

I have a dear older friend and I was worried about her being alone because she was now unsteady on her feet. So, I bought ADT Medical Alert for her. They seem to be the most reasonably priced. Also, I know they do a home security system so I figured they would be dependable.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hey Cheryl! Thank you for the positive review and feedback! We'll be there for your friend when they need us!

Original review: March 25, 2022

My mother has the device as a precaution in case she fell and I was at a doctor's appointment, she could get the help, or if she fell out in the yard and didn't have a phone. It has gone off twice and she was out of town when that happened so we are not sure how that happened. It could have been a power failure. But it's good.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Abbey. Thank you for the review and feedback. Glad to hear it was a false alarm, and we hope your mother continues to be safe. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with false alarms.

Original review: March 24, 2022

My father is going through treatment and he was slipping and falling at the house. He passed out one day in the tub with my mother, and she got stuck holding him up for an hour and a half. So, I ordered ADT Medical Alert for my parents so that they could keep their independence a little longer. I liked the ADT On-the-Go, where my parents can take to the doctor's office with them. Also, it works on AT&T’s network. I liked that they had that option.

The people from ADT, in general, were very nice. It's just that the English on one of the calls I had was very hard to understand. The payment portion was a nightmare. It’s supposed to be direct billed to my credit card so I don't have any nasty past due notices. Because they have their own security system at the house, the payment issue was very frustrating. They don't do payments in advance so I could just set it up when we set up everything else. You have to wait till you get a bill, then you have to set up the payment. So, I had to call them. They put you through this whole system then you put your own credit card. You feel safe and confident. You enter your own credit card and expiration. Then they come back on the line with you. The rep didn’t set up the monthly billing right. Then my dad was in the hospital, and I get a past-due notice. I haven't gotten any more past due notices though.

The other thing is they keep saying we can go to the online app to set it up, but I can’t because I don’t have the alarm system. I don’t have the code, so I can’t pay it through the app. I have to deal with customer service, which takes longer and more time. I already had a stressful time. So the last time, I screamed at the guy and said, “I just want to pay the goddamn bill. Would you just put me through so I can pay the damn bill?” Finally, I was paying it, and I had to apologize 20 times to the man because I felt so bad.

One of the times my mom needed it, it took ADT about three minutes to answer. That's kind of scary when you’re sitting there for three minutes. The other two times, she said they were very quick. I like the security. The nice thing about the On-the-Go is my mom gets to wear the communication device on her chest. My dad gets the wristband on his wrist. So, if he presses it, my mom knows there’s a problem. The device made it perfect for the situation that we were in. That was so convenient.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Rae. Thank you so much for the review and feedback. We appreciate you sharing this with us. While any outbound calls for any signals we received should take place ASAP, we apologize for any hold time you experienced when calling in to ADT. For peace of mind, any inbound calls are not handled by the same agents that would be calling out on alarms, so any emergency calls would not be affected by inbound hold times. We want to ensure those agents are readily available to handle any emergency signals we get.

Original review: March 23, 2022

We sent the ADT Medical Alert device back because it wasn't working. It wasn't communicating. The ADT people told us to send it back. I'm not impressed with ADT's customer service. They sent the ambulance out to my mother when the alarm went off and they called three people. We all said, "Don't send the ambulance," and the ambulance came out. They contacted me, and I called them right away. I called the main number that they told me to do, and they said, "Press 1." I never got that prompt. I just had to speak to somebody. They called all the other three people and they did the same thing. They all called back, and they still sent the ambulance.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding our services. We do apologize that are services didn't meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to speak to you further regarding our services. We can be reached at 1-800-238-2727.

Original review: March 22, 2022

My brother had fallen in January and he didn't have any way to get ahold of anybody because his phone was out of reach and he couldn't get up to get to it. So whenever I got into my house, we started calling around. ADT was the one that came up with the best coverage and service in our area because I live out in the country. So we got it for him. He fell just the other day. It's got a fall alert on it and it immediately picked it up. It said, “There's a fall detected.”

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Wanda. Thank you for the review and feedback! We hope everything is ok with your brother!

Original review: March 21, 2022

I liked ADT Medical Alert's price. Purchasing was very easy. I called them, they sent me a link and I filled out the form. On the same day, my dad was signed up. Two days later, he got his device. It was a very quick turnaround. When my dad plays cards, he leans forward and presses the device. ADT will call and say he’s fallen. I'm like, “No, he’s sitting at the table with me.” About twice, it got caught under his arm. They called. So, they've been very efficient in phoning when it seems like the device has gone off. Overall, they've been amazing.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Lorraine! Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad to hear it was a false alarm!

Original review: March 20, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has good customer support, but we are going to return the product because it's been too difficult for my family members to remember to take the second piece of equipment with them when they leave the house. My brother-in-law has fallen a number of times, and it hasn't been detected because he didn't have that second piece with him.

People have to know whether the people who are going to use the product are homebound or are going to be leaving the house and perhaps driving. I got fall detection, and I will continue to do that. Although the technology, state-of-the-art, is highly sensitive. So there are a number of false alarms, which I want my family members to tolerate because I want it to be able to pick up when they do fall. It's just a necessary inconvenience to have to call off the emergency medical people when there's a false alarm. I still want the fall detection in this particular case because both my sister and brother-in-law are prone to falling.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Laraine. Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry for the frustrating experiences. If you do have any issues with your account, please let us know and we'll follow up with our home health team on your behalf to assist further. We can be reached by either calling 1 800 238 2727 or by email at AlwaysThere@adt.com Thank you!

Original review: March 19, 2022

ADT sounded pretty good so I went with them. Customer service was fine. When I got the device, I set it up. If I remember to take the necklace thing with me, I'm okay.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Janice! Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Original review: March 18, 2022

Purchasing a medical alert device for my mom was easy. I called ADT and we received the device in less than five days. Unfortunately, we returned the device because my mom died.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Laura. We are so sorry for your loss!! If there are any issues with her account, please let us know so we can help address them.

Original review: March 17, 2022

My mom needed something that had fall detection. She lives alone and was having some health issues. I wanted her to have that protection. ADT sounded like the best option for us. The device arrived in a couple of days and I was pretty impressed. Their staff helped us with the set-up and they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

We tested the device originally then my mom was in the hospital and in rehab for a while so we haven't tested it since. It went off once when I had it at my house when my mom accidentally hit it. My brother answered her cell phone and let ADT know it was a false alarm. My mom had recommended ADT to her friends. So far, we've been really happy with the device and the pricing.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and sharing your experience! We're so happy to have you as part of the ADT family!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I live alone and wanted the comfort of knowing that if I were to fall, I would have some help. ADT has been helpful. I did the set-up over the phone and it was easy. Customer service was very professional. I have set off the device myself and the response came in a minute or two. If anyone wants to, then try ADT.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive review and feedback!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I was very dissatisfied, the customer service was very bad. I needed someone to come out & install the unit, they would not send anybody. I ended up going with another company, that came out to the house installed & tested the unit.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for sharing this experience with us and we are so sorry for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. We'll look into this further to ensure its addressed. We do see that the services were canceled and you should've received a refund as well. If you still have any unresolved issues, please let us know. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Unit was ordered for 92 year old mother with mild to moderate hearing deficit. Upon sound test, mom was unable to hear the response. Unit was at full volume and located 20 feet away. My hearing is unencumbered and I could only faintly hear the responder on second try after confirming full volume. Customer Service did cancel immediately as requested, and return box arrived within one week. We were not charged for service since it was cancelled same day as delivered, and I had a confirmation # to provide in case a bill was received. I am a Hospice RN and have done intermittent unit tests in other homes with adequate volume for responder to be clearly heard throughout a pretty large area. Thanks for reversing the charges.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Linda. Thank you for taking to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Looking into options for a medical alert system online, and answering some questions, I was matched with ADT. I was hesitant to sign up for the program, but my family was quite definite that I needed to do something. I decided on the wrist band. Really hate the necklace idea. I received the kit today and it is all set up and ready to go. I must say, though, that the band is a cheap rubber strap that is very warm to wear. Thought it might be more of a leather strap. This system should suffice for my needs.

Original review: July 8, 2021

ADT Medical Alert's team is very friendly. Last time, my husband, he was so shocked with my condition. He didn't know how to call 911. And this way with the system, it's easier and very comfortable.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the feedback and five star review!

Original review: July 2, 2021

My grandfather's 88 years old and suffers from dementia. He has an ADT Medical Alert and for me, it definitely gives me an extra added sense of security. It’s had one issue where it's oversensitive, which is a good thing. It went off while he was taking a shower. So, we just had to cancel it. But he has had two falls and both times, it worked perfectly. I get a phone notification. I asked them to call me first, so at least I can get up and go respond if I realized he had fallen. The one time that I didn't even hear my phone go off, they were here within minutes. The reps have been phenomenal.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My husband can have the device in the shower or when he's outside -- wherever he is, it’s with him. I feel much better about that. Also, if I'm not available, my son or daughter are on the list to be called before 911. It gives the entire family great reassurance that one of us would be able to help him or get him help if needed.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I feel safer having this medical alert device and I feel good by wearing it. The only thing is sometimes it's on and then I bump into something or lean against something and they go off. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

Original review: June 24, 2021

My husband had a bad stroke and he is bedbound. We feel more secure that he has ADT Medical Alert in case anything went wrong. One time, their team called and said something wasn't working. So, they sent a new device and we sent the old one back.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information