Learn More

2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (158 ratings)

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert systems allow seniors to connect with help at the touch of a button, whether they’re at home or on the go. The company's systems fit every lifestyle, are ready to use out of the box, do not require long-term contracts and make it easy for seniors to enjoy the benefits of staying active.

Pros

• No long-term contracts
    • Fixed-rate pricing
    • 100% satisfaction guarantee
    • Optional fall detection pendant

Cons

• No automatic testing

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: April 20, 2021

We’ve been having ADT for years, with the home security. And then, I was having heart trouble and was in surgery. When I got home, my wife and I talked about ADT Medical Alert and decided it would be good to have it for future use if necessary. It works really well. Nothing has happened yet, but it’s there. That’s the important thing. The reps were very good and helpful. ADT is reliable and they know what they are doing.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I like the fact that I get a phone call when it needs to be charged, when it’s off the charger.

Original review: April 20, 2021

We had Life Alert for quite a few years and I hated the way it made a sound when we would set it off to get help. The ADT had one that was quieter but yet I know when it goes off and it was a whole lot cheaper a month. I like it a lot better than Life Alert. Before, I can leave my husband at home and go shopping but now, I can’t go off and leave him unless somebody is here with him. He does fall and I was afraid he’d fall while I was gone but we will be placing him in a nursing home as soon as they get him qualified. So, I’m gonna have the ADT Medical Alert device changed into my name. It has been good but when my husband fell, it didn’t go off. He shivered, dropped down to 26 last night and he was having seizures. So, he's in the hospital right now. I brought the ADT thing home because I didn’t want anybody bumping it or setting it off.

Original review: April 19, 2021

With my ADT Medical Alert device, I feel more secure. I wear it if nobody's home 'cause if I fall down, somebody would know it. My daughter and I feel safer with me having it. Also, their reps were nice to me.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I wear the thing on my wrist and I accidentally have set it off two or three times, and the ADT Medical Alert reps have called me. If you need help for that type of situation, this is a great thing to do.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I'm at home most of the time and I feel very safe wearing the device every day. Also, when I speak to someone, they're always very helpful and that means a lot.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I like the sense of security in having the ADT Medical Alert device and knowing that if I fall, somebody would respond. But I was told before I purchased it that I could wear it in the pool. Then when I got it, they said I couldn’t so they lied to me.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I would like to try the ADT Medical Alert out a little longer. It's there to possibly save my mother's life.

Original review: April 18, 2021

My device went off twice by accident. It's around my neck and I accidentally must have squeezed my arm between my body and the tendon in the middle and it went off. But I told ADT that everything was all right and they didn’t come. I recommend ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I dropped the thing and they called immediately. Everybody was good. It's a very good device.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I feel a little safer since having the ADT Medical Alert device. The reps had knowledge about it and I’ve been quite satisfied with what they’ve told me.

Original review: April 17, 2021

My son who is Dr. **, came to visit me and told me about ADT Medical Alert and had it hooked up for me. I had ADT before for my home. We installed it back, updated it on my home. And he showed the medical alert to me. We both decided that this was the best one to do since we knew about ADT before. It’s working. When I go to take my shirt off, I would be like, “Oh, it’s gonna go off.” I always use my garden. So, I’m in my garden, and I'm wearing it around my neck. I feel safer. I’d be frightened to fall or stumble. And for even outside, if you’re around your house, it’s effective. I'm a retired RN, so I think it's very effective for folks who live alone at home and they need help. If you're not even elderly and you live alone, you never know. You may need it. And they call back quick. Beep beep, then they’re on the phone. It’s effective. Get it.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I feel a little bit more comfortable with my medical alert device 'cause I work around the outside of the house quite a bit. If something happens out there, I'm going to be in trouble. ADT Medical Alert is like having somebody taking care of you when you don't need it. You should have it because you’re getting up in age. You can fall in the house, trip on a carpet, break your arm, break your hip and you can't get to a phone. And here you got the system, push a button, and they're on the way.

Original review: April 17, 2021

One time, I rested against something and the button touched. The reps checked on me asking me if I had a fall, so it’s working fine. It’s an excellent apparatus to have.

Original review: April 17, 2021

For the most part, I have it with me. There are a couple of places that I go to that don't have cell service, so it triggers an alarm on it. But other than that, everything works the way it's supposed to. I have difficulty breathing and I had two heart attacks within two weeks in October. I felt safer that I had the button, that I didn't have to worry about running through the telephone to call for an ambulance. Everyone that I've dealt with has been great too. I'm very satisfied with ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I first got ADT Medical Alert when my husband was still at home, because he would fall often. I've also had some falls and I'm living by myself, so we kept it for me. It's nice to know it's there. I used it a lot when my husband was here because he would fall in the middle of the night and I couldn't get him up. They would answer, "Joyce, are you all right?" and then I tell them what was going on, and they would send someone out, whatever I need. Sometimes it's the fire department. I've had them to come out several times and get him up. And they were so nice.

A girl has been calling me once a week to see if I was all right. I had a bad fall two months ago, and I didn't happen to have my necklace on when I fell. So, I was just laying in the floor and I got to the phone and my daughter came. I broke a lot of ribs, so she has been calling me to see how I was doing. I've had caused the device to go off when I didn't mean for it to, light headed or something, and they would call. And I would just tell them I was okay, and I had accidentally hit it, and they said, "Okay."

Original review: April 16, 2021

ADT Medical Alert's pendant is annoying but it's better than falling when I'm working in the yard and I don't have anyone around. The reps are very helpful and I'm very happy to have this device. I have no qualms about telling anybody how great it is to have someone that I can depend on.

Original review: April 16, 2021

The pendant fell on the floor and it didn't go off. I'm not happy with it. Also, they told me that the bill would be $45 and some change a month but I got a bill for $413. But I recommend ADT Medical Alert because it's helpful to those who actually need it.

Original review: April 16, 2021

It's great. I like what it’s done. I sleep with this on my neck. I got to keep it on 24 hours because of loss of oxygen. I'm just pleased to have it with me in case I need it.

Original review: April 15, 2021

The device is more sensitive than I thought. It went off the other day when I was going down my driveway. I live on a big hill, and I've got a gravel driveway, which is good because I didn't think it would go off like that. It just took a minute for ADT Medical Alert to answer. It was fast. I know my family feels a lot more secure now.

Original review: April 15, 2021

We tested the device and it worked out well. I carry it with me when I go to the market and when I go to my doctor and so far, I've been satisfied with it. It's convenient and if it goes off accidentally, I can press it to shut it off.

ADT Medical Alert response

Vernita- We're so glad to hear you like your pendant! Please let us know if we may ever be of any further assistance and our team may always be reached directly at 1-800-568-1216. ~ Thank you!

Original review: April 15, 2021

I'm very pleased with the system. I like having peace of mind and I feel more independent too. The reps are very friendly and they will call me if it needs to be charged.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I ordered a system for my mother-in-law and dealt with Curtis. We talked a couple of times and he was very nice on the phone. Everything he said happened and we've got it installed. When I was talking to him to set this up, I asked about the bracelet and he said there's a difference between the pendant and the bracelet, and the bracelet's not waterproof. We went with the waterproof thing and we've been pleased thus far. Hopefully, we'll never have to use it but it gives us a little peace of mind. I would highly recommend ADT because I've seen it in action and it's a good thing. I know it works.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Going back years, ADT was always the one that I know that I had always grown up with. And I feel the company has stuck to its reputation, always giving the customer what they said they would give. Making sure that it's working properly, running tests, the cable unit -- things that you wouldn't expect somebody to do, but they went out of their way and did that. So, customer service is very good quality.

Marilyn experienced some falls lately. The Medical Alert that she was wearing didn't activate upon fall. We were told that this one would trigger a phone call to 911 if she fell. That was one of the reasons why we did the upgrade. Everybody was very thorough in their explanation. As far as the product itself, it was here when we were told that it would be. And there was an explanation given to her that it was simplified enough to where she can understand that. We were talked to the way we all needed to be talked to.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The person who taught me how to set it up was wonderful. He walked me through it. It took me time to get used to what I was doing at my end and he didn't rush me. We had a false alarm one morning when I was getting ready to go to an appointment and I might have touched it too hard. It set off the alarm and the person's voice came through. Also, I had a billing problem at first and it was resolved right away. If anyone needs a medical alert device, get ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: April 14, 2021

ADT Medical Alert is good but I’m baffled. They have two separate necklaces and they have the GPS separate. You can’t talk into the device you wear. But other than that, it’s great. I have a level of safety.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I was told that the ADT Medical Alert device does not work underneath a metal roof. The rep tested it several times and asked me if I had a metal roof. We have a 14x78 mobile trailer and it does have a metal roof. Unless ADT has got something else that would work inside, I'd have to cancel the service because of it. I'm not too sure if the service would even be that good for me. I’m also getting ready to make a payment but I haven't gotten a statement yet.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Since I've been using my ADT medical alert, I don't have to have anybody here with me as much. My daughter got the alert for me and she feels good that I have it. It’s just aggravating to wear it. One time I must've hit it on something, then they thought I fell. If I wear it around my neck and if I brush my teeth and it hits the countertop, somebody would say, “Hello, Charlene. Is something wrong?” They’re right on top of it. Then I have to go to the base and hit it and say I’m okay. Other than that, my alert is really easy to operate. I love it. I just hate stuff around my neck. I feel like I’m wearing something all the time and I’m always feeling it.

Original review: April 13, 2021

ADT is a good company and I like the experience with Medical Alert so far.

Original review: April 13, 2021

My experience is satisfactory. When there was one false alarm where I must have dropped it off the bed to change my undershirt, the reps were friendly and helpful.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information