Get Pricing

2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (249 ratings)

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert systems allow seniors to connect with help at the touch of a button, whether they’re at home or on the go. The company's systems fit every lifestyle, are ready to use out of the box, do not require long-term contracts and make it easy for seniors to enjoy the benefits of staying active.

Pros

• No long-term contracts
  • Fixed-rate pricing
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee
  • Optional fall detection pendant

Cons

• No automatic testing

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: May 14, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert is easy to set up. You just put the battery in it. Their response is all right. I just didn't like the bill. They sent me a bill for 215. I never even got to use it.

Original review: May 14, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert is working fine and I test it every month. They were extremely helpful when getting this service set up. They answered the first time I called and then sent me the equipment and I got it set up with no problem. The test button flashes once a month and then I call in and they run a test to make sure that they're getting the signal.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Dealing with ADT was great. The representatives I talked to on the phone set everything up real quick and answered all my questions. I wanted to be sure we had good coverage and they were able to help me out. People can expect good service from ADT.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The reps were very helpful during setup and my mother, who usually complains about her hearing aids and everything else, doesn't complain about wearing the ADT Medical Alert device.

Original review: May 13, 2021

My mother was a fall risk so I got ADT Medical Alert about two years ago. Since getting the ADT Medical Alert device, I've had fewer worries. Every time the alarm has gone off, they've been immediately responsive. They used to call me and let me know until I removed that because they would go through the phone list and let everybody know what was going on. Everything they did has been very professional, prompt, and it made my mom feel more comfortable.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I feel secure having the service that if I fell or something and couldn't get up, I could call for help if no one was here. One time, I dropped it and my alarm went off so I know it works.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I got the necklace from ADT and the first time it went off was because my neighbor's terrier jumped up my lap and happened to hit it. I didn't have a phone out in the garage at the time, and here came a fire truck up and the ambulance. It works good. I did a test yesterday. My device has a little yellow light that will start flashing that says "test". They want you to test it every month. So, you call them and wait until it comes on and it'll tell you, "Go ahead and hit the button." Then you hang up and then as soon as you activate it, they'll call you back and confirm it. It works.

I wear my device around my neck, and they say you could wear it in the shower. I usually take it off and put it on the dresser. Then when I get out of the shower and dry off, I'll put it back on. My youngest son says, "Well, you know, dad, you might want to keep that on in case you slip in the shower." Overall, ADT's response is good. I've dealt with ADT for close to 50 years. I was a deputy sheriff for 50 years in Sacramento County. I always had pretty good luck to respond to a lot of their alarms that would go off.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I used the service when I fell and I was very glad I had the device on me. They came right away and they took me to the hospital. I was very fortunate that I had it, although I'm not too crazy about wearing it. I don't wear it at night in bed because you roll over and that would be crazy. I just keep it on the dresser right next to me. But other than that, I recommend it.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I had an alert device for a number of years. I have ADT now and the stem of the arm bracelet is a little too long and it's annoying. I was thinking of cutting a piece off this. But if the stem is shorter, it might not hold in the strap. The device also not pretty. My wrist is small and when you look at my hands, you see something sticking up in the air. It looks silly. I wish ADT would tell me what to do so the band doesn't point out away from my arm. Other than that, the device is decent. It's clean and neat.

I'm accustomed to having an alert device and it's a very good thing to have. No elderly person should be without an alarm system. In past years, I used it. Luckily, I haven't used this one so far. I was advised to test the device each month and the response has been good. I would recommend ADT just like my friend who has used them for years and recommended it to me. That was why I didn't bother to call anybody else and I called ADT and I took them.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I feel confident since I got ADT Medical Alert. If anything happens to me, I can push the little button and get somebody to come to see about me. It would also be nice for everybody to have, especially older people living alone like me.

Original review: May 11, 2021

The only problem I have with this ADT Medical Alert is it's more expensive than I really can afford. So I don't know if I'll be keeping it. Also, it seems like I set it off fairly often. But the reps have been wonderful. They're easy people to deal with.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Any time I've accidentally hit it, they respond immediately 'cause they don't know if it's accidental or not. They're just the top of the notch. I'm very pleased with ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I had some problems with falling and my balance. I had several falls and that was when my family decided I better have the ADT Medical Alert device. We did it on the phone and this guy that was talking to me on the phone took quite a long time. I could tell he was reading me lots of sheets of information. Sometimes I wear it. But I've improved much since I've ordered that. It had been a month ago that I tested the deevice, but it was okay at that time.

Original review: May 11, 2021

My daughter decided it was time for a medical alert and I went with ADT. I’ve always been with them. I have no problems with them and I have no reason to change. You don’t even know ADT's service is there till you need it. And then, it's right there.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I'm very pleased with my ADT Medical Alert. I wear it outside when I'm traveling and I feel better. One time, I accidentally pushed the button. I got the team on the line and it was very nice.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Everything was fine with my experience with ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have the wristwatch and the little desktop device from ADT. It’s very simple. The only time I used the medical alert device was by accident and I don’t remember pressing the button. I was in bed and suddenly, the fire department was there.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Everything works well. Sometimes, if I move too fast or when I'm taking off a shirt, the device would go off and it's too quick to alert people. But it's better that way than it doesn't alert the reps at all.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I take the medical alert device sometimes when I have to walk distances. I wear it when I'm going to be on the avenue for a long period of time or anywhere I might need it but I don't wear it around the house. I don't need it but everybody around me thinks I need it. The team is very nice and the experience with ADT Medical Alert has been very good.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I feel good about my ADT Medical Alert. I feel secure when I'm out roaming around. Since I'm very active and work a lot, I set the necklace off a lot. I'll lean against something and it goes off. When it goes off by accident, I have trouble getting it cut off. But they always reach out and I just say that it goes off. Everybody's nice too.

Original review: May 9, 2021

My mother has her bracelet on and everything is working excellent. Her bracelet went off a couple times because the battery was low and the team was very friendly. They wanted to let us know and we made sure she was okay. Everything is wonderful and we got peace of mind.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I feel more at ease having ADT Medical Alert. However, we went through a test on it about a week ago and the voice that came over the loudspeaker was terribly hard to understand. So I'm hoping that if we ever have to put it to use, that the voice production is clearer than that. It was distorted and it was like a phone that was too loud.

Original review: May 8, 2021

The reps from ADT Medical Alert provided good customer service. I'm comfortable with my device and I'm enjoying it.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I'm not comfortable with the device and I do not feel confident with it so I don't take it with me. I want a device around my neck that has a button to push and it would call whatever medical alert if I needed it. But with this one, I gotta push the device and then I gotta push another thing to tell them where I'm at.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Russell- We are so sorry to hear that you are not comfortable with the device. Our customer service team would love to help you with any questions or concerns that you have. Please reach out to us at your convenience at 1-800-568-1216.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I have the button that detects the fall and then I have the transmitter that ADT reps can talk to me with. So far, the device has been no problem.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I called them. I mashed the button and asked them to please reset it 'cause it kept beeping. I would recommend ADT Medical Alert to a friend if they needed one.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I wanted to have ADT Medical Alert in case I fall. I fell in the house one time and I was down for the whole day. So then I said, “It's time to do this.” I usually take my phone when I'm out. Now I don't have to because I have the alert that I wear and it’s with me all the time. So if I fall in the backyard, I'm able to push the button and get help. Everybody should have it.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I had the ADT home deal and then, I decided to get rid of it. But I kept the Medical Alert that you can carry with you anywhere in case you had a problem. I don't know whether I'm gonna keep it or not because I have somebody with me all the time so if I had a problem, they would be able to call 911 if they needed to. Also, I found that it's very sensitive. It has gone off several times just changing my clothes. But I feel secure with it so for now, we'll go with it. The times that it has gone off, even the people have been great. They've put up with me, it going off at different times and me having to tell them everything was okay. If I were by myself, I would be glad to have it and for someone who is alone, I would recommend that they have it all the time with them. I carry it with me all the time. When I leave to go to church, it's with me. But other than that, I stay at home.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I did the setup myself and it was very easy. Also, I had the device tested and the response was very quick. I wear it around my wrist and the comfortability is fine, although sometimes, I wish I could put it around my neck.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We've had good service with ADT. We had one recent power failure for the area we were in, and it came right back on. The equipment's working fine. The pendant works and the plug-in unit that handles it where they talk back to you seems to be working fine. The device set off one time when trying to change clothes and it shook the pendant to where it sensed a fall and they called right back to us. We're very pleased with the device.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information