2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (249 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert systems allow seniors to connect with help at the touch of a button, whether they’re at home or on the go. The company's systems fit every lifestyle, are ready to use out of the box, do not require long-term contracts and make it easy for seniors to enjoy the benefits of staying active.

Pros

• No long-term contracts
  • Fixed-rate pricing
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee
  • Optional fall detection pendant

Cons

• No automatic testing

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: April 29, 2021

I feel more secure with my ADT Medical Alert device. If I need help, all I got to know is just push the button. I'm very pleased and I do recommend it. You never know when you're going to need it, especially if you get older.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I just had a triple bypass not long ago. One morning, I got up and I felt dizzy, and I thought, I live on my own and if something were to go wrong, I have no means of communicating. Having ADT gives me a bit more peace. It's easy to use and I don't have a problem wearing it every day. I travel with it too.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Robert wears that wristband all the time. He got a letter last week about that the unit was not being charged. When I was here, I went and looked at it. Robert and his daughter actually put the thing upside down. So it should have like an arrow which way to put it on the charger. It's very easy to put that upside down and then it's not charging. It's sitting in the cradle, but it's not charging. For an older person, that is not a good design.

When you're dealing with older people, sometimes a step-by-step or a picture on what to do and how to do it is really what they need. They could make a handy little thing that he could put on his desk that shows what to do if things happen. But when I called ADT, they were as nice as could be. Their customer service is excellent. They were very helpful. The rep walked me through exactly what we needed to do, because I had questions, like are we supposed to always leave it on the cradle. The professionalism of who I talked to was excellent.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My brother-in-law has Parkinson's and the device was for him. Unfortunately, he has been moved to a rehab facility and we have disconnected it. But the team at ADT was great.

Original review: April 28, 2021

My doctor didn’t want me alone in the house and the ADT Medical Alert was available through my ADT service. I usually wear it all day. It worked for me during the time that I needed it. I’m not gonna keep it but for a couple of months.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I wanted something that the watch part would be self-contained - that I could receive and send messages over the wristwatch. But it's not true with ADT. You have to have a little device in addition to the wristwatch. So, it wasn't what I wanted. I sent it back. I wrapped it up and put a label on it. ADT said it would be another month before I would get the money back.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Nelda. We apologize for any frustration this has caused you. Once the equipment has been received we will notate the account and process the refund accordingly. Thank you!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I have ADT for my alarm and they gave me a special offer for the medical alert device. I'll feel safe because it's right there and I can push the button. I happen to accidentally push that when I was taking a shower and the box came right on. The response was right away. They kept asking me if I was okay and I told them I’m fine. I have it to go around my neck and I don’t like the comfort of it, but so far, I've had someone here with me. When I'll be alone, I will wear it.

Original review: April 28, 2021

When I first got it, they explained to me how to set it up and they were very helpful. I will highly recommend ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I always wear my cell phone. But I realized that if I were to fall or something like that, I might not be able to get to my phone. I just wear the device underneath my blouse and I would be able to reach up there and press the button and be able to get the help I needed. It can be a little heavy sometimes and it gets a little frustrating. But for the most part, I don't even notice it. I feel secure. I've tested it every couple of months and the people say, "Call us any time to make sure it's working." I've done that. It's just that I'm paying 33 and I would be a lot happier if ADT came down a little bit in their pricing to around 25 instead. I'm a senior citizen, so every penny counts. But there's an old saying that you get what you pay for. They're excellent.

Original review: April 27, 2021

The reps called and we tested the ADT Medical Alert device but I hope I don't have to use it. Half of the time, I don't remember to put it on but I usually have my phone with me. I’m not one who has to depend on the device completely but the team is there.

Original review: April 27, 2021

My son made me have a medical alert device because I live alone. We have ADT in our house and he just thought it would be convenient. He did all the setup because it was his deal. We've already had one checkup that I have figured out how to do and it went through easily. The device is hanging around my neck. I'm going to get a better chain on it so it's a little more becoming. I feel a little more secure with it even though I didn't want it. I don't even notice it that much.

Original review: April 27, 2021

We had another product but it kept cutting in and out. We had a hard time catching up with a person even when we did our test. One of them was faulty equipment and we had to end up sending that back. That was a no-no due to the situation of my husband and I and our son. My husband had seizures, so he needs something with him at all time when I'm not around. Then, even though there's someone with my son at all times, he has a base ADT 911 caller and it works great. Even when we do our tests, they're always right there on point. They answer every time. That was really impressive for me, especially for last week when we had a medically alert. When he hit the button, got the call, the people answered in a matter of seconds. He said it was an emergency. Within minutes, they said that the ambulance and everyone are on their way. The ambulance took about 15 minutes to come. But they did their part and got up here. ADT was more efficient.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I feel a lot more secure since using ADT Medical Alert because I know that they're going to call someone and that they'll continue to call to make sure that someone comes to get my daughter with special needs if I need to press the button. I had a stroke, so it was hard to call numbers. My daughter can understand instructions, but in an emergency situation, it was kind of panicky trying to get her to understand that she needs to call somebody to come get her. At 4:00 in the morning, people weren't answering their phones. She would just be paralyzed herself with fear and she didn't know what was going on. At that time, she couldn’t ride the ambulance anymore. She would have just been left here alone. But ADT would have kept calling all the people on the list until they got somebody.

I accidentally hit the button once when I was outside and they’ve been great and patient. When I had a stroke and was on the floor, I thought of how are they gonna get in my house. They have the information now with the key outside and they would let paramedics know where it is and my medical history. It’s so convenient. I have that comfort knowing that I have that safety to wear if I have an emergency situation all around. If something happens, I have something close by.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I got the device on my neck and it's there if I need it. It's security.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I feel very safe with ADT Medical Alert 'cause I'm alone in the house now. Every time it went off when I had it the first two weeks, I was wondering what was going on, but I heard a voice and I didn't know wherever it was coming from. They were checking up and were very good. My daughter loved it too.

Original review: April 26, 2021

The main equipment was in the bedroom outside the bathroom and it was easy to call in the test. I accidentally hit the button once and within minutes, the people responded. I haven't had to use it. If I needed it, it would be great and very helpful.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I like how prompt ADT is. When I'm not detected, or low battery, they’re, "Are you all right?" I love that they're checking on me and that they are on top of things. I don't have to worry. It makes me feel very safe, having them right there in my pocket, on my waist, wherever I carry it. I can go to the store by myself now. Before, I would never do that because I might have these sudden dizzy spells and then I would have to be rushed to hospital and I got all these strangers around me. Right now, if anything happens, I can just press the button and I have someone with me until I get help. I love everyone that I’ve come in contact with. Very professional and very caring. Thank you guys for just being there for me. Appreciate it.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I like having Medical Alert. One time I couldn't get it to shut off, and the rep told me, “Just hold it.” So after I found out I'm supposed to hold it, I haven’t had a problem.

Original review: April 25, 2021

The device is of good quality. I like having it because I live alone. It's very handy. One time I pushed the button. I wasn’t really in an emergency. But the people responded very quickly.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I got ADT Medical Alert because I got COPD, and sometimes I have a hard time breathing. Sometimes I don't think I'm gonna make it to get the medication I need, especially at nighttime, it's very difficult for me to sleep with COPD. I'm up most of the night going nuts. I never had to use the button yet but I keep it near me all the time.

Original review: April 24, 2021

My device makes me feel comfortable knowing that somebody could be there in case I need them. I’ve got the white one on my arm. I was told to push that button if I should fall or need help and they would talk to me on the loudspeaker on that thing. It was blinking one day, and I didn’t know what to do. Finally, after the second day and it was blinking red and white, I went over there and pushed the button. They answered me immediately and I told them what it was doing. The rep said, “I’ll clear you out if you're all right.” I said, “I’m fine.”

Original review: April 24, 2021

My husband has been using the medical alert device and I feel more comfortable when I have to be at work and away. We are doing okay with it except we are still learning. My husband hits the device on something or pushes the button every week sometimes. I'm trying to teach him how to work it and to use the monitor. He kept saying that thing around his neck was a microphone. It’s the pendant that he alerts when it’s the monitor that he needs. There was one incident where the EMS were sent out. I was there but the reps called immediately. They have been very polite and nice. I would highly recommend ADT but would tell others to make sure they read the manuals, be up-to-date on all of that, and to call if they need help with some part of it.

Original review: April 23, 2021

The team at ADT has been great. One time I had gone out to my car to put my purse and my water in, and I've come back up the steps to get my dogs because they had a vet appointment. I fell right inside my door and I didn't have enough strength in my legs to get me up. They tried calling my son who was out of range. He was working. They called my daughter-in-law and she came around and got me up. The only problem is that when I have forgotten to put my little monitor on the charging app, they don't call me, they call my son, and he doesn’t need to be involved. It’s fine to call him when I fall, but not when I forgot to hook that back up to charge it.

Original review: April 23, 2021

ADT Medical Alert gives me a little security. It's better to have it than not to have it. However, I have to be careful that it doesn't trigger itself. It's done that once or twice. But that's okay. I can understand how that would happen. I'm more careful now about how I wear it and when I take it off when I need to.

Original review: April 23, 2021

My mother's 89 and had an ADT Medical Alert for a while. I went through some operations with my spine and I'm not walking really well and I'm falling. I used the device a couple of times and it worked fine. We like the device and we're happy with it. I only had to talk to customer service on a couple of occasions and they were very pleasant. I have to call them and tell them where I'm gonna put a key. If I fall and call that machine and nobody answers it, then they can come. But they wouldn't know whether to knock the door down to come in or not. Other than that, I'll keep using ADT. The amount of money to pay is good.

Original review: April 22, 2021

The first time I ordered the home security system, the wristband signal would be in the bedroom and the electronic part, where you receive and accept messages, was 45 feet away. It wouldn't work. I reordered through Decades and they ordered the same thing. It's not going to work. I need some kind of a monitoring system that includes two speaker microphones in two separate rooms. Also, over the years, I've had people come and change the batteries, which I paid for mostly. I thought I have an insurance policy that would take care of that but changing batteries isn't included in the insurance so I spent $7 a month pretty much for nothing.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello Carl. We apologize for any frustration this has caused you. We will take this opportunity to improve. Thank you!

Original review: April 22, 2021

If the reps hear something, they are right on it. They do better than the alarm system. My alarm system can go on and on and on, and nobody will answer. But the device can bump up against anything and it will turn on. I'm old enough not to play with it, but I don't want it to keep ADT calling me. Other than that, your mind feels better. Sometimes when I leave home, I would be like, "Wow, I'm going too far away from home." I've never had to go that far from home. But ADT said two football fields. It makes me safe. Even if a break-in happens, I can push it. And if I pushed it, ADT will know something's wrong. I don't have to fall.

Original review: April 22, 2021

My ADT device gives me a little more security. I'm not afraid to do things now. I bumped it a couple of times and it went off and they called me up and said to reset it and it was fine. The price is a little high but it’s a very good idea to have it.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I've been having a few problems with my balance and stuff, so I decided, seeing as how I live by myself, I got to get something so that if something happens, I can get help. One time, I put the one with the mic on it into the holder to charge, and I put it in upside down so the battery went dead. The people called me to tell me that.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I have a tumor and the doctor recommended to give me epilepsy pills and I didn't want to take a chance of falling. I rather be safe than sorry. I carry the device with me and I feel safe having it because you never know. A couple of times, by accident, it went off. I had to let the people know that was not an emergency. Overall, I’m very happy with it.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information