Disclosures

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert specializes in personal emergency response systems (PERS). Similar to ADT home security systems, these medical alert devices connect to a 24/7 monitoring center. The company charges ongoing monthly fees for this service.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Optional fall detection (not 100% of falls)
  • Prorated refunds when canceled mid-cycle
Cons
  • No automatic testing
  • No free trial period
  • No mobile app

Stars Rating

• 81%
  • 10%
  • 5%
  • 2%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
    Customer ServiceMonitoringPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 23, 2022

We sent the ADT Medical Alert device back because it wasn't working. It wasn't communicating. The ADT people told us to send it back. I'm not impressed with ADT's customer service. They sent the ambulance out to my mother when the alarm went off and they called three people. We all said, "Don't send the ambulance," and the ambulance came out. They contacted me, and I called them right away. I called the main number that they told me to do, and they said, "Press 1." I never got that prompt. I just had to speak to somebody. They called all the other three people and they did the same thing. They all called back, and they still sent the ambulance.

Pinned

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding our services. We do apologize that are services didn't meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to speak to you further regarding our services. We can be reached at 1-800-238-2727.

Reviewed March 22, 2022

My brother had fallen in January and he didn't have any way to get ahold of anybody because his phone was out of reach and he couldn't get up to get to it. So whenever I got into my house, we started calling around. ADT was the one that came up with the best coverage and service in our area because I live out in the country. So we got it for him. He fell just the other day. It's got a fall alert on it and it immediately picked it up. It said, “There's a fall detected.”

Pinned

Hi Wanda. Thank you for the review and feedback! We hope everything is ok with your brother!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 21, 2022

I liked ADT Medical Alert's price. Purchasing was very easy. I called them, they sent me a link and I filled out the form. On the same day, my dad was signed up. Two days later, he got his device. It was a very quick turnaround. When my dad plays cards, he leans forward and presses the device. ADT will call and say he’s fallen. I'm like, “No, he’s sitting at the table with me.” About twice, it got caught under his arm. They called. So, they've been very efficient in phoning when it seems like the device has gone off. Overall, they've been amazing.

Pinned

Hi Lorraine! Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad to hear it was a false alarm!

Customer ServiceFall Detection

Reviewed March 20, 2022

ADT Medical Alert has good customer support, but we are going to return the product because it's been too difficult for my family members to remember to take the second piece of equipment with them when they leave the house. My brother-in-law has fallen a number of times, and it hasn't been detected because he didn't have that second piece with him.

People have to know whether the people who are going to use the product are homebound or are going to be leaving the house and perhaps driving. I got fall detection, and I will continue to do that. Although the technology, state-of-the-art, is highly sensitive. So there are a number of false alarms, which I want my family members to tolerate because I want it to be able to pick up when they do fall. It's just a necessary inconvenience to have to call off the emergency medical people when there's a false alarm. I still want the fall detection in this particular case because both my sister and brother-in-law are prone to falling.

Pinned

Hello Laraine. Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry for the frustrating experiences. If you do have any issues with your account, please let us know and we'll follow up with our home health team on your behalf to assist further. We can be reached by either calling 1 800 238 2727 or by email at AlwaysThere@adt.com Thank you!

Reviewed March 19, 2022

ADT sounded pretty good so I went with them. Customer service was fine. When I got the device, I set it up. If I remember to take the necklace thing with me, I'm okay.

Pinned

Hi Janice! Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Reviewed March 18, 2022

Purchasing a medical alert device for my mom was easy. I called ADT and we received the device in less than five days. Unfortunately, we returned the device because my mom died.

Pinned

Hello Laura. We are so sorry for your loss!! If there are any issues with her account, please let us know so we can help address them.

Reviewed March 17, 2022

My mom needed something that had fall detection. She lives alone and was having some health issues. I wanted her to have that protection. ADT sounded like the best option for us. The device arrived in a couple of days and I was pretty impressed. Their staff helped us with the set-up and they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

We tested the device originally then my mom was in the hospital and in rehab for a while so we haven't tested it since. It went off once when I had it at my house when my mom accidentally hit it. My brother answered her cell phone and let ADT know it was a false alarm. My mom had recommended ADT to her friends. So far, we've been really happy with the device and the pricing.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and sharing your experience! We're so happy to have you as part of the ADT family!

Reviewed March 16, 2022

I live alone and wanted the comfort of knowing that if I were to fall, I would have some help. ADT has been helpful. I did the set-up over the phone and it was easy. Customer service was very professional. I have set off the device myself and the response came in a minute or two. If anyone wants to, then try ADT.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you so much for the positive review and feedback!

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2022

I was very dissatisfied, the customer service was very bad. I needed someone to come out & install the unit, they would not send anybody. I ended up going with another company, that came out to the house installed & tested the unit.

Pinned

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for sharing this experience with us and we are so sorry for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. We'll look into this further to ensure its addressed. We do see that the services were canceled and you should've received a refund as well. If you still have any unresolved issues, please let us know. Thank you.

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2022

Unit was ordered for 92 year old mother with mild to moderate hearing deficit. Upon sound test, mom was unable to hear the response. Unit was at full volume and located 20 feet away. My hearing is unencumbered and I could only faintly hear the responder on second try after confirming full volume. Customer Service did cancel immediately as requested, and return box arrived within one week. We were not charged for service since it was cancelled same day as delivered, and I had a confirmation # to provide in case a bill was received. I am a Hospice RN and have done intermittent unit tests in other homes with adequate volume for responder to be clearly heard throughout a pretty large area. Thanks for reversing the charges.

Pinned

Hello Linda. Thank you for taking to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Fall Detection

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Looking into options for a medical alert system online, and answering some questions, I was matched with ADT. I was hesitant to sign up for the program, but my family was quite definite that I needed to do something. I decided on the wrist band. Really hate the necklace idea. I received the kit today and it is all set up and ready to go. I must say, though, that the band is a cheap rubber strap that is very warm to wear. Thought it might be more of a leather strap. This system should suffice for my needs.

Reviewed July 8, 2021

ADT Medical Alert's team is very friendly. Last time, my husband, he was so shocked with my condition. He didn't know how to call 911. And this way with the system, it's easier and very comfortable.

Pinned

Thank you for the feedback and five star review!

Reviewed July 2, 2021

My grandfather's 88 years old and suffers from dementia. He has an ADT Medical Alert and for me, it definitely gives me an extra added sense of security. It’s had one issue where it's oversensitive, which is a good thing. It went off while he was taking a shower. So, we just had to cancel it. But he has had two falls and both times, it worked perfectly. I get a phone notification. I asked them to call me first, so at least I can get up and go respond if I realized he had fallen. The one time that I didn't even hear my phone go off, they were here within minutes. The reps have been phenomenal.

Reviewed June 26, 2021

My husband can have the device in the shower or when he's outside -- wherever he is, it’s with him. I feel much better about that. Also, if I'm not available, my son or daughter are on the list to be called before 911. It gives the entire family great reassurance that one of us would be able to help him or get him help if needed.

Reviewed June 25, 2021

I feel safer having this medical alert device and I feel good by wearing it. The only thing is sometimes it's on and then I bump into something or lean against something and they go off. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

Reviewed June 24, 2021

My husband had a bad stroke and he is bedbound. We feel more secure that he has ADT Medical Alert in case anything went wrong. One time, their team called and said something wasn't working. So, they sent a new device and we sent the old one back.

Reviewed June 23, 2021

I feel more secure than I did before with my medical alert device. ADT does really well and their customer service is excellent. They were right on things. Anybody who has a brain operation needs to have one of these because it helps in a lot of ways. I recommend it.

Customer ServiceFall DetectionStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2021

I kept falling and since I got ADT, I still get dizzy but not near as bad as before. I don't know if it balanced me or what. I also used it about a week ago, where I fell and I pressed the button. They responded not very long after and everything worked. From the fall, I couldn't get to that little box and I didn't hear them very well. But they talked to my caregiver and she told them everything was okay. Other than that, I'm getting used to the device and I don't even notice it. It’s like wearing a necklace.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2021

The first three weeks or so, my mother had her necklace on all the time and she had the other one on when she came to town as she was five miles out in the country. We set it up that ADT would call me and my sister first to make sure that hitting the button was just an accident, so then 911 or the fire department won't have to come out. There was an issue one night when our mom went over to the mobile device that was plugged in and she kept pushing the button. ADT called us and we went out, and my sister flew out of the bathtub and got to our mom's house. She was sitting there like, “What the hell are you doing?” She also said that ADT would never answer. I told her that she kept redialing.

Reviewed June 20, 2021

I hit the medical alert device by mistake and ADT responded right away. I feel comfortable knowing that somebody else is with me.

Pinned

Hi Darlene. Thank you so much for sharing this experience and for the positive rating! So happy to be there when you need us. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 19, 2021

I feel safe now that I have ADT Medical Alert. Since they got the key lock box, I feel much better now because I didn't want to hit it and then they wouldn’t be able to get in. I accidentally hit the button one time and they came on and asked me if I was okay and I said yes.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience Helen! We are so happy to hear that you feel safe with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve.

Reviewed June 18, 2021

Everything's outstanding with ADT Medical Alert. Even though my mother forgets to put her phone in her pocket, I know she always has that necklace thing on. So, that makes me feel a lot better.

Reviewed June 17, 2021

I feel safer now that I have ADT Medical Alert. I fell three times and was in three nursing homes. If it happens again, I know I can call somebody.

Reviewed May 25, 2021

So far, everything has been working well with my ADT Medical Alert.

Reviewed May 22, 2021

I signed up instantly with ADT Medical Alert because the rates were a lot cheaper than Slip and Fall. Since having it, I feel 100% safe. But since I've been a customer for all those years and I'm paying the regular rate that our new person would pay, I felt like I should have got that a little bit cheaper.

Reviewed May 18, 2021

I feel secure with the ADT Medical Alert and I feel secure having it because I can go all over with it. But wearing it is kinda cumbersome. It gets in my way a little bit because I wear it around my neck constantly. It's bulky a little bit around my clothes but I try and deal with that because it is for my safety. In case I have any issues, I can get help. I test it once in a while to see if it's functioning correctly and the reps come on and they're very friendly. They make sure that I'm okay. I would highly recommend the device and I would tell others that it is a very good company.

Reviewed May 18, 2021

So far, my ADT Medical Alert is working great. I let the battery get low, but they called in and inquired as to why, so I didn't have any problem with it. I accidentally dropped it one time and they immediately responded. They were great and answered my questions too. The quality of the device is very well. The hardest thing for me is getting used to carrying the little thing with me. But the comfort is great.

Customer ServiceStaffBilling

Reviewed May 18, 2021

ADT's reps have been good. But I was having a problem with them when it came to my payday. It was at the end of the month and they were taking the payment at the end of the month. But things have gotten better for me now, so I can be able to have money in the bank at all times. They could take their payment whenever and I got that fixed. So when I called them up, they did it electronically right from my card and now, I don't even have to worry about it. All in all, I would tell my friends that if they can afford it, they should to get ADT Medical Alert. I also got their home security and they gave me both the necklace and the bracelet for the alerts. Plus, they gave me a gift. It's a night light which is a thing you plug in the wall. Initially, I thought it went to the set and I was trying to figure it out. When I called ADT, nobody knew what it was. But I figured it out.

Reviewed May 17, 2021

Everything's been going good with ADT Medical Alert and I like knowing that if something happens, they got somebody on the way.

Pinned

Hello James, Thank you for reaching out to us and for being a member of our Health services. Please let us know if you need any assistance with your account going forward. Thank you for being the best part of ADT!

Reviewed May 17, 2021

I've been very happy and content with ADT Medical Alert. It's functional. I feel much more secure and it's very professionally operated.

Reviewed May 17, 2021

ADT Medical Alert works just fine. The one on my wrist is what I'm using rather than the one around my neck. Probably too low for me and I couldn't get it adjusted any closer than that. I was out and about yesterday and forgot to take it off. But it's not intrusive at all. It's comforting to know that I can get some help if I need to. I just had my first power failure and wondered if I had to reset or do anything. The power just came back on and it seems to be okay.

Reviewed May 16, 2021

ADT Medical Alert seems to be reliable. Whenever I call for any questions in the past, there haven't been any problems and my questions have been answered. We're really satisfied with the service.

Reviewed May 16, 2021

I travel by myself and I like the GPS factor with ADT. One time, they called to tell me that my battery was low because I hadn't had it on the charger. I was so pleased. I was traveling and that told me that there's that connection and they're aware of what's going on in my household. It made me feel good. My only issue is that I don't like having something around my neck. But the only other option was wearing a wrist one and neither works for me, so I'm making it work out.

Reviewed May 16, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert device used to have something to indicate to the user when it was offline. But now it's bad because I've found out that when the machine goes offline, no one knows that it is offlline. It doesn't increase my security. It has been offline for a while so I have to call them to fix the issue.

Pinned

Hi Hopeton. We are sorry for this concern. We see that you contacted ADT recently to test the services and it is communicating. Please let us know if there any system issues still occurring. Thank you.

Reviewed May 15, 2021

We have the ADT house protection and my daughter looked into their Medial Alert because my husband had broken his hip and had to have a walker. He also has some dementia and wanted to be home, so we did. I have some trouble as well because in 2010, I had surgery and it caused me to have paralysis in my legs. My daughter thought that there was a little bit too much equipment here in the house to be without any kind of alert, so we got it. I'm wearing the device and we feel comfortable having it because both of us are on walkers. But we haven't had to use it, so I'm thankful for that.

Reviewed May 15, 2021

The sign up was so easy. I worked with an agent and I understood the product completely. When I got it and opened it, I knew where everything was in the box. They described how it was coming and all that.

Customer ServiceFall DetectionStaff

Reviewed May 15, 2021

My sister-in-law explained to me about ADT Medical Alert and when I called them, their reps filled me in more on the system and how everything works. And that night, I signed up. So far, I’m glad I've got this unit. I have the necklace and one time, I took it off and I tried to jerk it. Then I laid it down and I heard someone asking if I was all right or if I've fallen. They have that automatic feature where the device goes off before they call you and that's what I love about it. So I know that if I fall, they're going to call and check on me.

I also told my mother to get one for herself because she lives alone. I ordered this system for her and I paid for it out of my pocket. And I'm glad I did because one time, my momma got stuck in the tub and couldn't get out. Another time, she fell. And one time, her pendant wasn't charged, so they couldn't get ahold of her. They called me and told me to tell her that she needs to charge her pendant. They're really on their job and I like that. The only problem is with my health, I'm back and forth in the hospital and I haven't had the money to pay the bill like I need to. I had to pay other bills and because they took me from the hospital to a facility since I was weak from my stroke, they took all my money, so I couldn't pay ADT. But this month coming up, I'm going to let them know that I'm going to send them a payment, though I may not be able to send the whole payment.

Reviewed May 14, 2021

Dealing with ADT was great. The representatives I talked to on the phone set everything up real quick and answered all my questions. I wanted to be sure we had good coverage and they were able to help me out. People can expect good service from ADT.

Reviewed May 14, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert is easy to set up. You just put the battery in it. Their response is all right. I just didn't like the bill. They sent me a bill for 215. I never even got to use it.

Reviewed May 14, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert is working fine and I test it every month. They were extremely helpful when getting this service set up. They answered the first time I called and then sent me the equipment and I got it set up with no problem. The test button flashes once a month and then I call in and they run a test to make sure that they're getting the signal.