1.07/5

830 Exede Satellite Internet Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I tried this company figuring the speeds might be better but I had unlimited before with only 3 mbps and was better than this garbage. If I could get out of this 2 year lock I would. All they're good at is collecting too much money. It's not worth 100 - not worth 10. And customer service is horrible and only open M-F during the day so if something happens Friday at 7pm you're screwed until Monday. How do you operate a major company with horrible customer service. Do not get this service. It's horrible.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have been with Viasat for a year ONLY because I’m locked into a contract for two years. I was lied to from the very beginning. Told I was going to get unlimited internet, turns out that was a lie. For over 100 bucks a month I get 60 freaking gigs to share with a family of 8. That is completely impossible so we use it for Netflix and very little on our phones only. We can’t watch very much Netflix before running out. I have zero phone service where I live so without internet I have NOTHING! My internet hardly ever works and lately it’s more often that it doesn’t work. I spend so much time a day “rebooting” my modem and that never works!

I have called customer service and they give me the number for the technician, tell me to call him when I want it fixed. So I started calling right away. He never answered to me so the next day my husband called him 15 times before he answered. He told my husband he would be at my house sometime the next day. Did not give a time which is unprofessional to begin with, but I never left my house the next day wait on him to show. He NEVER SHOWED! But a technician was at my neighbor's house that day and the next day working on theirs (because Viasat crap never works for anyone).

3 days after he was supposed to show my husband calls him again. He claims he would be out the next day, which is today. He did not show so I called him. He didn’t answer but sent me a text that said “I’ll be back in town on Wednesday. I’ll fix the internet then.” Well I informed him that it would have been nice to know this past Wednesday when he was supposed to come that he wasn’t going to make it. Pretty crappy if you ask me. After that he got rude and things got heated. PLEASE RUN FROM THIS COMPANY. IT IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

STAY AWAY. Run for your life. Don't let this company into your home. They steal my money every month even though I have stopped all my updates. I still went through my cap in 8 days. Now I get .5 download speed for the next 3 weeks and like the rest of the people here I was lied to. I WANT OUT OF MY CONTRACT WITH NO FEES. COME GET YOUR POS EQUIPMENT. I would rather not have internet than be paying 100 bucks a month for this CRAP. I have turned them into the BBB. I wanted out since week one then they said, "We will hit your account for like 300+ bucks if you leave." They are thieves and great liars. Don't trust them. Don't let them near your kids. Hell don't let them near your dogs. They will ** every thing you own just to get your money and as of pro installation the guy that showed up to set me up showed up in a mini van with no tags saying he was with Viasat. This company is BS all the way around.

Original review: June 20, 2019

When we signed up for DirecTV they referred us to Viasat Internet!!! I told them before we even started that my son plays games. I was told that this would work. Well I was totally lied to. It won’t even let you watch Netflix. We have to use our hotspot on our phone to even use the computer. So we have been literally throwing away $70 a month on internet that we have NEVER got to use. When I called their solution was to upgrade the service. ARE YOU KIDDING me so I can pay more and like I have any confidence in your company. This is the worst company I have ever encountered. I will be doing an early termination just so we can get WiFi when actually they should waive the early termination fees. Because I will never say anything good about this company. I also will be calling the BBB and contacting a lawyer about false claims. Nancy in Waterloo.

Original review: June 19, 2019

This company preys on people who live in remote areas without broadband access. The service provided is always spotty, dropping in and out frequently. Customer service is a joke. I have to message chat with reps who always direct me to a different actual tech representative department who you can't ever reach or just a to a webpage that tells you to restart your modem. Or you get disconnected because your internet drops or the chat times out while you wait for a rep's reply that takes longer than the 60 second allotted before inactivity kicks you.

They're shady about their outages, not letting you know until you try to contact a rep and get an automated message saying their network is down and to try back later. Their app/site diagnostics lie and say it's either something on your end wrong or it's up and running when it's not. It will say their network is up but when you contact them then that's when they own up to it and say their network is actually down. Overall they know they have these people by the ** who need internet and bend them over. Stay far away from this company and its services if possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: June 11, 2019

Viasat is a cobbled-together company of other satellite internet providers painted over with name changes. You cannot talk to anyone who has any power to assist you. The company shields those people away from customers. The company does not make any effort to communicate with its customers. They do not initiate email, text, or postal mail about any issues with the service or the account. There is one thing at which they excel -- grabbing money out of your account. When I call regarding an issue, I usually apologize to the customer rep because I am going to unload.

One time, I noticed that my monthly payment was higher. I called to inquire. The rep explained that the rates had been raised. I asked why I was not notified. The rep said that's why she was there to explain to me. In other words, customers must initiate contact about any changes or issues. Viasat cannot be bothered. I secured "service" from Viasat four years ago for my vacation home. I do not live there year-round. In fact, I do not even use it while I am there because it is such a challenge to get it going again. A neighbor down the road checks on my home there. Viasat serves the needs of vacation homes all across the country because those homes are usually outside the range of reputable service providers. According to a rep, the fact that I am not a year-round resident is noted in my account because they have two addresses for me: one for my residence; the other for my vacation home. It's not that complicated to understand.

I cancelled service recently and was advised on what to expect: I must return the equipment in the return box provided or be charged for the equipment. I waited and waited and waited, but what Viasat explained would happen did not happen. I knew something was wrong when Viasat took $329.25 out of my account without any notice, communication, reason, or warning. I called. The rep said it was because I did not return the equipment. I asked where the return box was. The rep researched and discovered that UPS had returned it to Viasat; it had been sent to the wrong address. Over the next four weeks, I went through this again and again. Box sent, UPS returns it to Viasat, I call, another box sent, and so on. I asked why I was not notified of any tracking number or check call notices regarding the delivery of the box. Viasat doesn't do that.

I complained on Facebook and someone from Viasat replied, acknowledging that the failures on the equipment return were not may fault. So, they'd refund the $329.25 they took from me without notice. I thought that was the end of it. I never heard again from Viasat. Until... A month later, I get a creepy call from a lawyer debt collector that I now owed over $400 to Viasat for unreturned equipment. I immediately called Viasat to find out what they were doing. They had refunded me the equipment costs they took from me then hired an attorney to get them back and then some. The rep said that a return box had been delivered two weeks earlier and that I should have returned the equipment. I asked why I had not been notified that the box had been sent. Viasat doesn't do that. The rep said I should see it on my front porch; I explained that I do not live there and that fact is documented in my account.

The rep explained that "most of our customers" live in the homes where service is. I then asked her why Viasat has the shut-down option for vacation homes. No answer. In summary, Viasat will take your money and then some. Viasat will not communicate with any customer for any reason unless the customer makes contact, and even then, the rep does not have the power to solve any issues. Issues must be escalated to some secret entity within the organization that can make things happen but doesn't. I would not recommend Viasat to anyone, ever.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Please the moment you hear about this provider run for your dear life. I cancelled my services after 29 days, and went back to my old provider (Frontier). It was a horrible experience. The internet speed was horrible, my connections goes off and on almost every 30 minutes. Always have internet blackout when there is light rain or storm. For the 29 days I called ViaSat (Exede) more than 10 times. I don't know anywhere in the world where someone can survive with such a slow internet speed. Even my kids could not browse or play their games on their tablets. They complained and complained and everyone in the house was mad with me that I cancelled Frontier and went to ViaSat (Exede).

To make things worse when I cancelled I was slapped a bill of $419.03 as early termination fee, this include $68 monthly fee for the next month payment even though I cancelled a day before the new billing cycle was to begin. I was greatly deceived into signing with this provider. I was told a lie that it is faster and cheaper than Frontier, which is a fat lie. I was only told that it a 24 months contract after I have signed the documents. Please, please run away from this provider! Please warned your neighbors and community about this provider. I have done the same here.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Satellite service has been terrible for the past several months throughout our community (Galena, Alaska). Multiple outages among multiple customers. I have a strong connection (8.5-9.0 SNR), turned the modem on and off, reinstalled the modem key, placed an object in front of the receiver to reinitialize the signal, cables are in the fine shape, and even if something was wrong at my house, it wouldn't account for the frequent outages throughout our town. Since Exede is the only satellite provider in our small, remote town, everyone with satellite connections uses it, and it is has been terrible.

For me - my master's degree thesis was due yesterday at my online college (Concordia). Internet went down for three days at the end of last week. Fortunately, the school uses their own satellite web service, so I was able to finish it and turn it in...but Exede has an entire community of disappointed, annoyed, and frustrated customers up here. And I pay my bill. If Exede can't restore consistent Internet service, they should at least send us an email (when we have a connection, that is) apologizing, explaining, or fixing our problems.

Original review: May 29, 2019

They were not able to even show up at install, they rescheduled, and again no show. The service people on the phone will say whatever to make you just go away.. I would definitely not go with Viasat EVER!! Definitely wanna check to see if there are other more reliable and better pricing in your area!!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

We can’t get cable internet where we lived so after reading about Exede I decided to give them a call. I was told about unlimited data and 20 mbps speed. The price was about $150 a month, and we never got the 20mbps speed as advertised. Once you reach the data cap, you still have access just at a super slow speed. We ended up reaching the data cap within the second week of each month, after which we were basically without internet. I tried numerous times to cancel but the termination fee was outrageous. I guess they got tired of me calling because I was finally able to cancel with no fee.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Updated on 06/13/2019: After posting initial review, I received a response from Exede stating they wanted to review my situation. Was told to go to their Facebook Page or email them for help. Went to Facebook page and was not able to get anywhere unless I wanted to sign up for service. There was no email address so I requested it. Never heard back. Original situation remains the same - they took $345 from my account for cancelling early even though I never received the package I signed up for. My bank has tried resolving the issue but to no avail at this point. I do have the equipment that they would like returned but am holding on to it until this is resolved. Do not in any way use this company! They are after your money and that is it. Contact the FCC and attorney general regarding the so called business.

Original Review: I have a camp in an area where internet is hard to get. Recently signs were along roadside advertising the company's internet service. Called the number and agent explained the packages. I signed up for the internet and phone which was $80 per month. After dish was installed, I was told to contact company to get phone # etc. Called and was told there was no phone included in package - it was $29 more per month. Told company what I was told and they would escalate situation.

Not hearing back after three business days as promised, called again. No notation on record of situation or escalation. Told them to cancel my contract as it was not what I was promised (note: you do not get copy of contract until it's installed). Again situation would be escalated since they were telling me I would have to pay termination fee of $15 per month for balance of 2 yr contract. I asked for paperwork on conversation and escalation but was told not available. I told them I wanted to hear from supervisor by phone. Didn't happen. Less than week later I get an email in the evening stating $345 deduction was submitted to my bank for "monthly" payment. I had no way to block it since they deliberately did it after banking hours. This company is a scam right from the beginning. DO NOT get sucked into their fraudulent practices! I should have known better and checked them out first but was too excited about getting phone service plus internet.

James,
I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with Viasat service.

I'd like to take a look at your situation and see what can be done for you. Please email us or contact us through a private message on Facebook. Be sure to have your account information handy.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Explain to me how it’s unlimited but when I reach 100g it slows down to where I can’t even use the wireless internet?!? Viasat is fraud, horrible service! I pay 167.03 a month for what?!? Not a dang thing from this mess! There is always a diagnostic problem, network outage, modem messing up! Disconnects from our devices for no apparent reason!!! If it rains or cloudy you can forget even trying to get it to work!!! Highly disappointed in this service. I also talk to customer services on the chat site, 'cause I was going to disconnect my service, the lady said that I have contract. But I’d have to call them on the phone to disconnect. So I call them and the lady was like, "Well you still have a contract with us till June 2020!!!" I was like, "The other lady said I didn’t have one." Mind you she told me I still had a contract after AFTER she had done the whole speech about the disconnects and the payment I’d have to pay!

I was like, "So I still have to pay y’all for not having your Viasat service?!?" She said, "Yes, 'cause the contract is not up." I said, "Never mind." She was like, "So do you want to cancel it?" I said, "No. That why I pay you for service if I’m not getting it?!?" She said, "Well I’m glad we came to a compromise?!?" I was like what compromise besides scamming people to stay with y’all messed up service! Can’t wait to get off it Viasat internet!!! Worst than anything else I’ve ever had!!! If anyone ask me about how does Viasat do for you? I tell them don’t waste your time and money on the mess!!!

Original review: April 26, 2019

They give you a big speech about how incredible it is... they are wrong. I pay right at $150 for SLOW internet and I run out of data halfway through the month... And if you have more than one device connected... well you're done for, it won’t work. I can’t wait for my two year contract to be up. I will NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Exede (later known as Viasat) delivers shockingly poor internet speeds, very deceptive advertising and difficult and exhausting customer service. We had it for 18 months and were constantly buffering. Often times clocking .0025 mbps during their "Liberty Pass" times....and all too often NO service at all. We had to pay a $15 a month early disconnect fee for the remaining 6 months on our contract. We were so glad to discontinue with them...the $90 seemed worth it. The only positive was our local provider that did everything they could to help, but to no avail. Fixed wireless internet has just come to our rural area and so far we are very pleased.

Original review: April 23, 2019

When my wife and I moved to a rural part of California we decided to try cellular Internet and satellite TV. After two years we were forced to try something else. Normal computer use exceeded the cell company's unlimited limit every month and the TV dish went out of alignment (we get lots of wind). So next we tried Viasat (Exede) satellite Internet and PlayStation Vue streaming TV. We quickly found we exceeded Viasat's unlimited limit a few days before the end of each month. For the rest of the month TV was unwatchable (excessive buffering issues).

We have also seen buffering issues early in the month. Customer Service suggests rebooting the Viasat modem. Which brings us to our final comment. The Viasat modem goes belly up regularly. Which requires rebooting, a very slow process. Nothing irritates us more than have a device that can't remember what it's purpose is in life. A device that has power should be operating. We should not have to power cycle it to awaken it.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Every 4-6 months these crooks slam the data speed down to snail pace entirely, not even the two weeks of service you usually get for the month. Have called 3 times this evening just to have the same rude employee pretend to be a manager. They always have a gimmick to get you to boost up your package. 'Cause magically you use 100 Mbps in 6 days after you’ve paid them almost $200 for the month. Their scheme is they will look at your usage and tell you what is causing this issue. It’s always on you and never on them. From all these reviews I see that’s what they tell everyone. I will be canceling this crap service and they can kiss my rear if they think they’ll get another cent from me. They did say I could cancel my package now for $300 and pay to have new equipment put in, sign an new 2 year contract and gain a whopping 50 GBs that wouldn’t work either. They didn’t even offer a jar of Vaseline with that incredible offer. Scam artists!

Original review: April 18, 2019

I signed up for the "Unlimited Gold" plan, based on my conversations with the Viasat sales team. I was supposed to have "up to" 50 Mbps download speeds with that package. Let me just say right now that I NEVER saw that number reflected in my actual experience. Further, I had "unlimited" service, which in reality isn't unlimited. The throttle that level of usage at 100 Gbs. So, for the past week or two, my download speeds have been .38 Mbps. Yes, that is a decimal in form of the 38. I tried to check my speeds and the speedtest.net site wouldn't even recognize that level of access. Google gave me the .38 number. I contacted support via chat, via phone, via email, and I've been assured my connection is working as expected.... In short, do NOT give your money to this company.

Original review: April 18, 2019

When it comes to Viasat Internet, it feels like a massive ploy that is simply there for you to screw you over ridiculously fast, and upon actually signing up for the WiFi, you'd be lucky to have it work for a brief period of time before practically shutting down. They advertise it as being "faster than slow DSL", yet it feels like THEY'RE slower than the stuff they say is slow. Luckily I have my phone's mobile hotspot, but even that's not enough sometimes. Anyhow, let me elaborate. When I had my original WiFi connection, (which honestly was a lot more better) I was lured into a false sense of security with the fact that when I had both connections on at the same time, they were ridiculously fast and resonated with each other perfectly. (DSL and Satellite.)

However, the day right after my original provider cut the cord with our plan, everything hit the fan and I immediately regretted the switch. Initially, I talked to one of the representatives on the phone, and they told me that Viasat would have faster download speeds, upload speeds, and ping than the DSL connection; All of which are a complete falsehood. As of right now, download speed is only 0.14 MB/s, upload speed is only 0.20 MB/s and Ping? Don't even get me started on the ping. My original DSL provider was really good with the ping department, often being in the low 83's. Viasat on the other hand has it up in the 600's if you're lucky - otherwise it's simply going to raise RIGHT UP into the 10000's. I kid you not, even playing games is impossible with how they do this. It's inhumane.

As much as I want to change back to our old DSL connection, there's a big problem with that as well since some bills are due, and if I wanted to change to the best WiFi around here, (Xfinity/Comcast) I'd need to pay a much larger bill. So at this rate I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place since I'm stuck with a trash wifi connection for practically another year. I started this back in June, for the record.

Christian,

We're sorry you've had a bad experience with Viasat service. Please email us and we can see what's causing your issues.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When we canceled our service they wanted us to retrieve and return a component from the dish atop our roof. We had 2-3 feet of snow in our yard and our roof was icy. My husband could not safely retrieve this piece until the snow and ice melted some. As we were close to spring I called Viasat and asked if we could have a few extra weeks to return the equipment. It was a hard NO.

Because they did not receive the equipment within 30 days we were charged a $300 fee ($316.50 after taxes and fees) which we were told would be refunded whence they received the equipment. Within the week we were able to safely retrieve the equipment and ship it back. I called them and notified them that it was on its way but because I refused to pay the fee within 7 days of them adding it my account was immediately referred to collections.

A few days after Viasat RECEIVED the returned equipment I called to ask why I hadn't been credited for the returned equipment. They said it takes 7-14 days for it to be scanned back in and then it would be credited to my account. Well it has now been 15 days since they RECEIVED it and I still have not been credited and I also received a collections letter for the equipment fee balance. I called and I was first told by a low-level person that the fee wasn't related to the equipment and I owed that balance. I was transferred to a manager and he said that their billing cycle was on the 12th so tomorrow I will see the credit.

This has been the WORST customer service experience I have ever had. To give a little perspective, we were also cutting Dish service at the same time and this was their way about things: "Is your dish on your roof? Yes? Okay, don't worry about retrieving that part, you don't need to return it." Not to mention that our equipment was scanned as returned the DAY that they received it. In my opinion, Viasat is an awful, greedy company that doesn't care about providing good service and certainly doesn't care about customer retention or a good reputation. They care about the dollars and will do anything they can to bleed you dry. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

Hello,

Please email us with your account number, we'll take a look and see what's going on with your refund!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had Viasat internet for about 6 months. I have the silver plan which is up to 25 megabytes per second at about $120/month. After I reach my data cap of 60 gigabytes, I essentially have no service for about 2 weeks till it refreshes on the next billing cycle. So you are essentially paying $120/month for 10 days of service. Everyone complaining on this website seems to saying the same thing. Spectrum offers internet service for about $50/monthly at much faster speeds with no data caps with 100 mps. I will be cancelling the Viasat service if it is not resolved with the FCC or regulators. And I won't pay the early termination fee. I think it's worth going to court over ($300). Apparently this business has no integrity and is only interested in profits. They have not learned that quality service is the path to success and longevity. God bless.

Original review: April 10, 2019

When I called to get information about switching to Viasat from cable internet, I was asked how much internet I used. I told the gal that I had DirecTV, an iPad, wireless printer and a security system. She helped me choose a package that she said would be adequate for my needs. The system sucked. I couldn’t stream so they sent a technician who “dumbed down” my tv. Shortly after installation, I needed to upgrade my security system and was told that my system (CPI) would not work because of satellite WiFi.

I called a few other security providers and was told the same thing. I called ViaSat to schedule removal of the system. I explained what the problem was and I felt that I shouldn’t be charged early termination, because the salesperson I spoke with should have been trained better and let me know that the security systems don’t work with satellite. The person I spoke to said she would pull the call and listen to it. If I mentioned a security system, they would waive the fee. She called me back, said she listened to the sales call and even though I mentioned my security system, she couldn’t waive the fee because I didn’t ask if their internet could handle the security system. What??

I shouldn’t have to ask, their people should know. She also said that she checked ADT website and it didn’t say anything about not working with satellite on their website. Their website only says you need WiFi for their system. She also told me that they have some clients that have cameras because their property is empty and their cameras work just fine. This is not a valid argument, because if those empty houses only have cameras that’s the only WiFi being used, and we don’t know what type of cameras they have. I am trying to get in touch with a supervisor or someone that is able to make a decision to waive the fee or give a discount because of the circumstances, with no luck. AVOID VIASAT at all costs, or at least until their sales staff is properly trained to give correct information.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I currently have Viasat (soon to be 'had'), and I can tell ya, it's NOT worth it. The technicians were nice during satellite installation. On the phone representatives sounded miserable with this "I hate my job," tone). Now as far as Wi-Fi goes... they are terrible. I pay $150 which is their "gold package", with unlimited data. Sounds good right?! But no, once you hit 100 gb (Which is about 30 hours of streaming like Netflix, Amazon prime video). You're cut off. Not that you can't use your Wi-Fi, it's just now you are no longer a PRIORITY CUSTOMER, thus it will take about 3 hours to watch a 30 minute show.

I'm not exaggerating. It literally says on their internet page that other customers will have higher priority. "So...if I pay $150 because I actually use my WiFi daily and want the service that I'm paying for, I'm no longer a priority"? Yes, that's exactly what they are saying. That's like you going to your favorite coffee shop and you're a regular, waiting in line, but here walks in a new customer, well guess what? They get to cut to the front of the line and get better service than you do! Doesn't make any sense. Anyhow, I'm switching to Comcast/Xfinity. They offer 1 terabyte (which is 700 hrs of streaming, 12,000 hours of gaming or 15,000 hours of music) for $80!!! Not selling anyone on this provider but I do feel it's important to let everyone know what they are getting when you sign up for Viasat.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Signed with Wildblue in 2013. Since signup they have taken away services. Even email. They are now bare bones. Not worth the price for service, speed, connection, downtime. Quit service 4/8/19. Don't sign with them, find another provider. My service was paid till 4/15/19. They will not refund service you prepaid for. The speeds get bogged down, you get disconnected a lot. Too many times you cannot connect, because their system is down or whatever. The service is greatly affected by weather, rain, snow, means you can not connect. There are better options out there. Viasat gives bare bones service now. You get no benefits or incentives to sign with them. The last straw for me was their decision to take away the email service. They sent a letter saying to switch email over to Google Gmail. So I made the decision, I will no longer pay $50.00 a month for their service.

Switching all my email to another provider was a giant headache. Why sign with a company like this. Like I also said, they will not refund 7 days of prepaid service. They are a ripoff. Your dish is also affected by high winds. It does not take too many degrees of movement to make it go out of line with the satellite. You cannot reposition it yourself. The setting is by exact degrees. When this happens you are stuck paying a fee of more than $100.00 to have them send someone to fix it. Or you can sign on to their easy care an extra $8.99 per month, that waives a service call fee. I want to add they recently increased the easy care from $5.99 to $8.99 per month. All while taking away all benefits, including email service. So as you can see this prompted me to look for another provider and disconnect from Viasat/Exede. Pay more per month for less service is a ripoff.

Original review: April 8, 2019

If anyone needs internet, phone, etc. AVOID Viasat. Viasat (https://www.viasat.com/) has provided me with the most expensive, worst service I have been forced to settle on since April 2015. Like many in the area, I had damage from Hurricane Irma. Viasat had a contractor come to make a repair after damage from Hurricane Irma (all I needed was a new connector) Doug from JMP Communications was sent from JMP Communications (https://www.jmpcommunications.com/) and that resulted in new equipment being installed and a new contract after he said the dish was no longer good. Sadly, I have no other providers near our little farm. Long story short from this P&T disabled Army veteran, DO NOT use JMP Communications and do not use Viasat internet as a service provider. I hope this helps someone.

Hello,

I'm sorry your experience with Viasat didn't meet your expectations. If you would like to contact us directly, please email us. Be sure to include your account number so we can pull your account!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Do not fall victim to their misleading to the point of being fraudulent advertising. They are not better than "slow DSL" as their TV ads claim. They are not "super fast" for everyone as their ads claim. True they do have satisfied customers, but they are very rare. Your Viasat experience depends on your location. You have to be in an uncongested beam's sweet spot to get fast reliable service. Problem is all Viasat has to do is oversell an area to downgrade the service. Also you have to sign a 24 month contract to get service, there isn't a trial period. If your service is horrible right off the bat you are stuck paying over $300 to cancel. I was a customer for many years till I was saved by Verizon Wireless.

Original review: April 8, 2019

This wifi that Exede provides is just horrible. For the money we pay we deserve better. The ping is always high, which makes online gaming impossible. The wifi only starts to get "semi" fast at about 1:AM which is like in the middle of the night. That's ridiculous! We need to have quality internet during the day time! I want to be able to use the wifi when I am actually awake! Exede should be ashamed of themselves and fix this problem before Elon Musk's wifi comes out, because he's going to wreck people like you Exede. My overall summary of this review is: If you're going for a wifi company DO NOT pick Exede. The thing that makes this so unfair is the price should be equivalent to the quality of the wifi, not the case here. I would say it's maybe worth 20$ a month or less. Take your money else somewhere else people. You will be sorry if you get Exede... >:(

Hello,

Original review: April 7, 2019

This company claims their internet is fast but it’s not. It’s a little faster than dial up and your cell phone will be a better option. You will get suckered into a contract for 2 years and you can’t cancel after they install unless you want to pay a fortune, to do so. After installing I called and complained about the speed. Everyone I spoke to troubleshot the equipment and said “We can’t promise it will be high speed in your area or all the time." It was NEVER high speed. We kept service or lack of service for a year then canceled. Do yourself a favor use your cell phone and DO NOT use this company. Trash, trash, trash! Can’t not tell you enough - don’t do it!!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I cancelled service on 3-31-2019 due to a contract change On Viasat part. Viasat offered me the option to opt out Of their service at no charge. It is unusable due to the lack of Speed downloading. I reported to my credit company that Viasat fraudulently took out $282.99 from my account after my cancellation date and I don't have an itemised justification and in their letter to me they refuse to provide. As to how Viasat came up with the figure of $282.99 when the monthly bill for 4-1-2019 had I continued service should have been $158.99 for April. I would like to point out that I bought the equipment outright (it wasn't leased). Today's date 4-2-2019. I also contacted credit card co yesterday to warn Them about this fraudulent activity about to take place.

Jeffery,

Please email us with your account information. We can take a look and see where that charge came from, as well as correct any errors.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I've been with them for a year and my bill was 170.69 per month until this month, this month it was 4510.69. That's correct. Four thousand five hundred ten dollars and 69 cents for 30 days of service. My office is open from 9 am to noon Monday thru Friday. They said the increase in activity was from midnight to 8 am. When I asked why someone didn't email or contact me said it wasn't their problem. I had to stop payment on the money they pulled out of my acct and can't wait to get them in front of a judge. These people are complete thieves and should be shut down. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. COMPLETE SCAM ARTIST!!!

Mickey,

That sounds more than excessive. Please email us with your account information and a detailed description of your experience so far. We'll see what can be done!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I’ve had ViaSat almost a month now and it’s worked a total of 2 days. Technicians have been out to fix several times and although the technicians were awesome they can’t fix the software. I don’t have poor signal. It will work for a minute or maybe 2 minutes and quit. Have to reboot numerous times a day. I’m going to cancel my service. It’s been absolutely useless.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information