1.06/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

652 Exede Satellite Internet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had the same experience as the other reviewers here. Same problems, same story. This company is trying to tank on purpose. They will rob you and limit your service claiming numbers that aren't real. The customer service is polite and try to bend over backwards for you but you still get the same problems month after month. You have no recourse but to switch companies. Tell me this isn't some kind of fraud. I have the unlimited plan... Guess what, I'm over my limit and no restriction on this $120 per month unlimited plan.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I give this so-called company a flat out ZERO! They don't ever get a one from me. Their service is the WORST EVER!!! I am so angry at myself for staying with them for as long as I did! When I closed the account... sent the equipment in and they said that I didn't send all their items back to them and charged my account $162!!! DID NOT HAPPEN! I filed a complaint and had my bank reverse the charges. Stop trying to take advantage of people!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Pretty much same problems as everyone else's review as far as bad speeds/connection. Cannot stream anything, and always said we were out of data 2 days after the beginning of our cycle. Long story shorter... we finally had had enough and were willing to pay the early termination fee. When we went to cancel, we were told they would charge our credit card $300 if we did not return their equipment. Said they would send us a box to return it in. Fast forward a month and five calls later... just spoke to a supervisor because I had had enough, she told me that the last four representatives I have spoken to did not do anything they said they would do.

All four previous people said they sent out a new box, she said it had never been done. Last person I spoke to said she would do a stop payment on my credit card because I told them I was going to file a dispute with my credit card company for fraudulent charges, she never did it. They refuse to send any documentation with transcripts of my calls, refuse to confirm by email that I had requested a box, etc. Finally they told me that I could get my own box and ship it on my dime. SERIOUSLY!?!? These people are scam artists and after reading so many reviews out there, I have no idea how they are still in business! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Omg. Just finished 2 year contract and this was by far the worst experience I ever had with an internet provider. I have used Century Link and Hughes. Exede is run by uninformed idiots and ignorant unprofessionals. Price went from 119.00 to 126.00 in a year. Did not know that. My internet allowance even though I had the most expensive package turned over on 28th of every month and was used up by the 4th of every month. I watched the usage monitor on their customer portal go from 0 to 150 in 4 days while I turned off every device in my house. It is a rip off so please let my experience save you the hassle. They are rude and doing an old fashioned bait and switch. Your internet runs out and they offer you the opportunity to increase your next bill by 10.00 increments for extra service which also runs out in hours not days. Your internet runs out on a predestined cycle whether you use it or not!!! Save yourself.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been an Exede Satellite internet and phone customer for 15 months. I frequently experience prolonged outages, which leave me atop a remote mountain with no contact with the outside world. Exede makes promises of connection which they've failed to consistently deliver. In addition, their call center is staffed by poorly trained and antagonistic "customer care representatives". Seriously, no one in their right mind would have this service if there were any other option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I signed a contract with this company with expectations that I would have decent internet service but what I got was a service that only allowed me to watch one movie before being cut to slower than dial up era internet service. I called to cancel service and was told to limit my video quality to the lowest setting possible, 240 DPI and still wasn't able to watch a ten minute YouTube video with having to buffer every five seconds. Granted I was on the lowest package of 25 gigs for a whopping $95 per month.

I called a second time to cancel and was told I would have to pay $330 cancellation fee and return the equipment. So you pay $95 for AOL era dial up service and you get reamed for cancellation a two year sub level internet service. Note: I received service on 7/20/17 and got notification that my service is now on Liberty Pass four days later. Liberty Pass is slower than dial up. I couldn't even load a basic webpage without waiting ten minutes. This service shouldn't even be offered to consumers much less charge $95 monthly.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After 4 years of pretty sucky service, I had to return the modem and the piece INSIDE the dish ON THE ROOF... made my poor husband climb up there and unscrew this receiver part... and the roof is angled and slick. They credit me for receiver, but not the 4 year old modem. Now they are saying modem not in box. Box only weighed 5 lbs, should have weighed 10 lbs? Since when does a plastic modem weigh 5 lbs? Well I had taken a picture of the box with both parts in it. I provided them the photo (had to send 3X, claimed they couldn't open a JPEG). So I uploaded to an imaging hosting site so the morons could just cut and paste, and their response is "OH GEE, you're right, there is a modem, but it's not ours, no logo on it." SERIOUSLY... claims they can't return the modem I sent. Really? Why? Why say NO MODEM IN BOX, why not say, WRONG modem returned. TALK ABOUT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Been more or less forced to use Exede, anyone living out in the country knows this feeling. Worse company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. The data cap resets on the 7th, and three days later it is somehow out! Note, at first figured that I might have been using too much, which is sort of understandable. So, spent the next month with my router unplugged so that no internet could be used and somehow it still ran out! Worse of all, bought a gig since I needed to get work done tonight, router unplugged, and no one home. Should be there right? Wrong. Somehow that was used up. Do yourself a favor, if you're using these people you're not going to have internet. Slow to connect, even slower speed once they feel like slowing it down, and they'll be happy to charge you $10 per extra gig, just so they can use it for you! Sad excuse for a company, honestly deserves to go bankrupt.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Just did away with Exede. Worst service I ever had. Of course if you don't cancel 3 days before the end of your service month they keep your money and not reimburse you. Also it cost me $180 to have it set up on my yard. And I don't even get any of that back. Service was bad. Couldn't watch Netflix or anything similar. Very slow trying to get on the internet too. Customer service was very poor. This is a scam because they don't want to prorate to give you any of your money back. Don't they realize that that is money people need to live on. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Based on promises of reliable satellite internet service in an area where we had few choices, we signed up for Exede internet. This has been an expensive lesson learned. Their satellite service is UNRELIABLE and EXPENSIVE. I kept running out of data on my cell service because the Exede service was always down and would throw me over to cellular data vs wifi.

Also, when you cancel, if you can get past their ridiculous phone machine that won't let you choose to speak to a rep, (I asked for technical service) they told me that even though I was cancelling on the day following my billing cycle, that I would not be credited one dime because you can only cancel as of a billing cycle date. I would not recommend this to anyone. I got ATT Fiber (their lowest speed in our area 5 Mbps download vs 15 Mbps Exede and it's ten times faster and very reliable. I compared them on various tasks and even though Exede says 15 it is NOT. If you have ANY other choices, I suggest you NOT USE EXEDE.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

On 7/29/17 I contacted DirecTV about our current service (a 9 year customer). They offered me Exede Wildblue internet for $30 a month with a 1 year contract. I agreed, BIG MISTAKE!!! Within 24 hours it showed I had used 9G of data, I hadn't used the internet yet, I had been using my mobile internet and received an email stating the usage of 9G, so I went to my Exede page and had a bill of $64.90. I immediately called Exede and DirecTV. Exede even told me that DirecTV tells customers this all the time. After numerous calls made to both companies on August 2nd,18th, and 25th, Exede said they will get back with us after an investigation and freeze the account, no money was due until they contacted me.

Waited until 9/5 to call them back and Exede immediately withdrew $344 from my bank account and said they would finish the investigation by the 12th and contact me. I never received a call. Called today (9/18/17) and was told there would be no refund, admitted that they knew DirecTV was misleading their customers and they just collect the money. So, in short, they have a scam going with Direct TV, they claim incredible use of data, (9G) when no one was even hooked to it, and when they were called out, demanded their equipment back and charged us $344. Neither Direct TV nor Exede will comment on this now. I was told not to call back to Exede, I am no longer a customer.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Where do I begin? This service is awful all the way around. They know that they have people in rural areas hostage and that they are forced to do business. Regular computer updates use almost all of your data every month. While there are unlimited packages all over the country, that is only in areas where they have significant competition. I had this service for over a year and then moved. After Being told that I could move it when I signed up, when it came time, they said it was several hundred dollars to move. I wanted to cancel. I was told it would be cheaper to "put it on hold" for the months I had left and then it would cancel.

Surprise! When the "hold" came off, they billed me $140 for monthly service that, while they admitted there was ZERO usage, would not refund. Then they said that I had to return the equipment installed at the home 1800 miles away. Also said that to have someone get it was $200. I never, in over a year, had a single nice thing to say about this company, their service, their people, or their customer service. DO NOT USE EXEDE UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have had this company for less than 60 days. I told 3 different people 3 different times what I needed in my service and why I needed it. No one listened because I never got a high speed modem, couldn't stream videos or Netflix or any other services I pay for. Speeds were so slow it took forever to do any work I had to do from home, which is where I work from during the week. The installer did a horrible job. We told him he could drill through our floor to run the wire from the basement to the main floor of our brick house so we could actually get a good signal on the modem and router (which we had to buy ourselves) and he never did, said he left us enough wire to drill a hole ourselves. He also installed the dish for the internet on our roof without ever asking us if he could drill holes in our roof, but wouldn't drill a hole where we would allow him to.

The only packages offered in our area are 12GB, 18GB or 150GB, which originally I got the 12GB and they said we used those up in the first 12 days, not sure how that's possible when we don't have speeds high enough to stream any videos or services. So I switched to 150GB and will never use all of that. They are unrealistic and cannot accommodate for the needs of their customers. DO NOT USE THEM. It's hard to understand any of their customer service representatives with accents and they can't help you, only repeat themselves. I would cancel if I didn't have to pay over $300 for terrible service. Such a ripoff!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

This company is terrible. First I wasn't getting their service because I pissed off the man, by asking too many questions. Then they show up at the door on Saturday. My husband let them in. He wasn't sure what was going on. Then had to buy our own router. Never was told this. Never was told you only get 12 gigabytes a month, which is fine because I actually use the internet, for information and a word game. Well every month, they say I used them up, telling me, because of youtube. I do not go on Youtube. So tell them, “You are just trying to make me buy a higher monthly rate." Supposed to get billing information sent to my email. Never once have I received any billing information. And to use 12 gigabytes I would have to be on the internet all day. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. IT IS a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

After 1 yr of really bad service, slow speeds, data overages, extra fees and bad connections we switched internet providers, was even willing to pay the fee to end our contract early. After paying the final bill Exede took the payment out of our bank account twice. I called and was told they would credit the payment back to bank account in 2-3 business days.

A week later I called again and was told the money was placed on my Exede account (which I don't have anymore) and they would have to issue a refund which takes 7-10 business days. Asked to speak to a manager, got a supervisor who was worthless. Asked to speak with someone who could expedite the refund, there was no one. So, still waiting for my "refund". Would NOT recommend Exede if they were the only internet provider in town.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I am truly shocked. I was looking up some information this morning and have been on a two hour odyssey of nothing but horrid, horrid reviews for Exede. Maybe I'm in the 'lucky few?' I've been a customer for very nearly two years now, and I have had an overall quite good experience. Has it been perfect? No, absolutely not. I've had outages, the wifi modem needs reset on its own terms at times, and I can't say that I've fully trusted the usage meter at times, but for the most part the internet works quite well for me and my family.

We live in the middle of nowhere, so our options are limited. I really did not want a service that does not offer an unlimited plan, simply because I like overkill on things. The Liberty 12 plan has been a good choice for me, and yes it gets INCREDIBLY slow at times, but it always picks back up at the low traffic times. My first year of the service, at New Years after only three months of having the service, I was essentially disconnected from the service as a whole for nearly two days. However I was still able to get to Exede's website. How is that possible? I'm not sure, but it was kind of fishy to me. I contacted them via email, and the next day everything was back to normal and the problem did not repeat the next year. That is the only time I've had to contact customer service in the entire two years and I had good, efficient results.

Honestly I'm not too into business sides of things, and you can believe me or not if you want, but I am a real customer and I can say honestly that Exede offers a very good service for my home that I am happy to get. Is it perfect? No, it's not. There are hiccups and downright frustrating things at times, but compared to no internet at all? I think I'll keep paying my bills.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I recently realized that I've been paying $60/month for their service that should have been terminated years ago when I switched to high speed from Verizon. Yes, I know, stupid of me. So when I call to finally cancel the service, the rep kept trying to convince me to keep the service after I'd explained many times that I had moved and my house was vacant.

So then they tell me that I have to return the modem (outdated since it was 7 years old), the box off the roof and the power cord (really? the power cord?). The modem was thrown away but the dish is still on top of the roof. Problem is, I would need to hire someone to try and retrieve it. If I don't return ALL of the equipment, they will charge me $300!!! Customer service is non-existent. They could care less if you're dissatisfied. All they want is to continue to charge your credit card. The rep that I spoke with wouldn't transfer me to someone higher, didn't know where the corporate office was and kept trying to tell me to keep the service. Stay away from this company. Go with someone else. Anyone else is better than these clowns.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

How can Exede be smart enough to keep satellites in the sky yet be so incompetent dealing with its customers. Recently, I received an email from Exede warning me I had reached 70% of my 25GB data allowance. We had house guests coming so I went online to buy more data. Each time I connected to my dashboard the page crashed. A sign appeared saying ‘Oops!! Please try again.’

After about ten attempts online I telephoned Exede and purchased extra data. I also asked if Exede would debit my credit card automatically for any data used in excess of my plan, i.e. like the water, electric and telephone companies have done for years but was told no. It's not the system. A couple of days later I received an email from Exede headed ‘Your account is now in data restriction’. Yet another call to Exede to be told that in fact my account was NOT in data restriction and that I had plenty of newly-purchased data left. I asked Exede not to send emails saying I was data restricted when I wasn’t but they couldn’t do it. It’s the system.

Shortly thereafter we couldn’t get online. After running up and down the stairs turning modems and routers on and off as instructed by Exede, they said it must be due to weather. When I said the weather at my house was perfect, I was told it was the weather at their ‘gateway’ in Boulder, CO. The next day, still without internet, I called and went through the whole process again, only to be told it was now a problem between my Exede dish and the Exede modem and it would take EIGHT DAYS for anyone to fix it. I asked for a modem to be FedEx’s overnight (like the cable companies do) but was told Exede wouldn’t do it. Once again, it’s the system.

Apparently, my family and house-guests needn't worry about being offline for eight days because Exede said it would credit me $20 for those 8 days offline. We live ten miles from town. I called a local IT company, who had a technician at my house within three hours. He verified the problem as not in my equipment and called Exede Support. They promised an tier two technician would call back within 30 minutes but, of course, never did.

Exede apparently subcontracts its service calls out to regional IT companies, presumably to the lowest bidder. Obviously, Exede does not care how long it takes one of these subcontractors to actually service one of its customers. I would never invest in a company, no matter how high-tech, with such contempt for its customers.

The Exede ‘system' also required its support staff to try and sell monthly ‘Easy Care’ service contracts instead of paying per service call. I asked if paying a monthly fee would get me a service call sooner than eight days or a new modem overnight, but was told no. An Exede floor supervisor also said she couldn’t get me a faster appointment or overnight a new modem. It’s the system. Fiberoptic is coming up our road in the not too distant future. Will I think twice about ditching Exede? Would I recommend Exede to anyone else???

PS: This morning, we had internet service again. Did the weather over Boulder suddenly clear? Did Exede's dish suddenly wake up? Did Exede’s modem suddenly spring to life? How long will we be online this time? Did Exede tell me the truth? Should I cancel the service call scheduled for next week? Many questions… No answers from Exede.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have had nothing but problems... slow service. Or just plane don't work. I like others called Imed. To no avail. Stuck in 2 yr contract. Well was. And I did live up to my end but could not use well over 75 % of the time. Now that I want to disconnect they want me to climb on roof and remove the equipment. Observed. And informed them I am disabled. Or I can pay them 95 bucks or hire an outsider. I have never heard of any company charging for disconnect especially after living up to contract. So yes they say they disclose this (found this on line). They give the name of it in their spiel in begging but sure don't tell you it's in your roof and if you disconnect with us you will have to hire us or climb on roof.

So I quit. Sure that's how they get around that. Everyone like me thinks oh yes I know how return the equipment. And most of us have. With other companies at some point and NEVER have had to climb on Our roofs. I'm livid. I called yesterday to stop on the date of last day billing cycle Aug 11 2017 to turn off the service. They were not happy that I did this either again knowing I fulfilled the contract and actually a couple months over that. Gave me another spiel on if a card is not provided and monies owed (which) I owe nothing collection process to start. Not even an option if they FEEL I owe money to Ask me for it. I'm so upset by this. What to do. I'm disabled limited income. Own my home. And can't climb on roof. They were sneaky, deceitful, and very unprofessional. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and my attorney... signed Brenda ** (who did fill the Contract obligations).

Original review: July 24, 2017

Very slow internet, like dial up speed. They claim I use up all my Data in less than a Day. I was gone once from my home for almost a whole month. Came home and they claimed I used all my Data? I was not even home so that is impossible. I refuse to pay for them to fix equipment that is not working that I rent from them. My dial up I had before this service was about the same speed and that is no joke... Customer service seems nice but I get different info from different ones on same subject? I do not recommend this company at all. My contract was up over a year ago and they tried telling me I was still under the 2 year contract. I have been a customer for over 3 years. No honey. The contract was up at the end of the two years duh!!!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I received this internet service, it was an unusably slow connection, have been required to pay out a two year contract after reporting to the company within a matter of weeks that it does not work well. Now I am being charged for the dish as well which I have tried to send back: have spent hours on the phone with this company, just trying to send them their stuff back which they require but are not allowing me to do!

Original review: July 18, 2017

Speeds between 5 pm and 11 pm are 5kbps-60kbps. About 1/1000 of the advertised 12mbps. Trying to use the internet between these times is a joke! Packet loss is also a serious problem. During the rest of the day you can get decent speeds up to maybe 6mbps, but the 700ms - 3000ms latency plus packet loss makes it still pretty bad. Exede is an ok last resort option for internet. Check to see if DSL, fixed wifi, or 4g/3g are options in your area. If you go over your data limit they say they will limit your bandwidth, but it can't get any worse so there is no noticeable speed impact by going over your data plan.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Looking over my bank statement noticed two charges with Exede Wild Blue. Did not know what this was, called the bank who advised me to call them. Exede could not tell me anything as they could not find my account. I asked how they got my account info, they did not answer. This is a scam.

Original review: July 5, 2017

For 6 months we did not have internet access because the EXEDE installer never installed it correctly. We kept calling them asking about the problem. They told us to get a new modem which we did. Then they told us maybe we need a booster or extender which we bought... But nothing worked. So they finally sent out another tech which reported that nothing was hooked up, so we had been paying all these months with no internet access. They refused to give us a credit. After they hooked up the internet we still had trouble. Our service dropped almost every night after midnight. When we moved they refused to cancel the service. Said we would have to call back on our expiration of our contract. I told them we don't live there anymore and moved. Could they turn off the service? They said NO! The lady was very unhelpful and rude.

Original review: June 27, 2017

We have been using Excede since fall of 2016. We live in the rurals with no other option to us, and our past dealings with Hughesnet was terrible but it was not as slow and inconsistent as Excede is. They really hype up their service but what a major letdown it has turned out to be. If it is slightly cloudy out our service is sloooow and is constantly up and down. When it rains you can count on no service at all. Customer service has been friendly but there is no fix for the bad connection. Our modem is HOT at all times, and I mean very hot to touch and I was told this is normal. It's so hot that it is concerning so I unplug from time to time to cool it down.

We are paying $137-ish per month for 150GB which we barely tap into because the service is down more than up. We originally signed on for the 30GB but we're chewing right through that in no time yet when we switched to the 150GB we don't even come close to 30GB. So what's up with that? I think this whole company is just a scam.

Original review: June 26, 2017

WORKED GOOD FOR ABOUT 1 AND A HALF YEARS. Then just stopped working. Data is gone in 1 or 2 days. We don't even get to use it. I have 12 GB on my cell phone and now use it as a hotspot. I watch Netflix and weather channel. And never used all my data yet. They will not hit my credit card cause I replaced it. They would not fix it. So they broke the contract. Not me.

Original review: June 15, 2017

We live in a place in rural Missouri where we have to use satellite internet. We went with Exede and have been sadly disappointed. It has been a rocky road for the past 22 months, Exede kept telling us that we had exceeded our data. My wife and I took precautions to make sure we weren't using it, we made sure our cell phones would not connect and we were turning the modem off when we were done using the internet. YET, every month it was saying that we had exceeded our data. THEN... we switched to Hughes for satellite internet and we called to cancel Exede a couple days later. When I called it sent me to data department right away. It said that our billing had renewed two days previous and we had used all our data.

Let me explain that after the HughesNet guy took our dish down to place the HughesNet dish up five days prior to this call... How could that be possible??? How in the world could we use up internet service without our dish on the house? They have terrible customer service and you have long periods of hold time. It took me over an hour to cancel my service. I DO NOT recommend them and am extremely satisfied with their services.

Original review: June 12, 2017

With my discussion with the agent she basically told me that she was not or they were not trying to compete with the major network or Internet service riders. Their job was to route vied service only to the people in the outer lying areas. They can't get Internet service from reputable for real service providers and at the rate of their fee is extremely high and if you use or stream very much television or music or anything else using their data that they allow you to use they will shut you off so in my opinion that is discrimination just because I live in the country.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I have been scammed by Exede internet but have paid the company any money. The account was to be in my name but when we got this bill found out that it was in the wife name. Do not know how they got her card info. We did not sign nothing. Now they have turned us over for collections for $538 for the equipment. We have already sent modem back. The other stuff is on roof. I have a signed receipt where I shipped by UPS. I never did have my regular provider unhooked until I found out about this company and found out they are crooks. Hughesnet was listed on bottom of paperwork. They also have a ad running on television.

Original review: June 3, 2017

We had Exede for 2 years. During those 2 years we lost service Every time it sprinkled. We recently moved to a new house and could not WAIT to discontinue services with them. 2 weeks prior to our move I called their customer services, told them we are moving and will not be using their services anymore as of June 1st. The representative told me she noted this in our account and the only thing I need to do is call on June 1st, give them my new address and a box will be sent to return certain things they require to be mailed back to them. Ok.

June 1st I called, gave them my new address. They said I have 7 days to ship everything back once I get the box. Then I look on my bank account June 2nd. They took out a 77.00 payment from my bank account. Charged me for services for the month of June. They knew we had already cancelled our services with them. Why am I paying for services I can not use? I called, got a very unprofessional supervisor tell me they don't reimburse their customers. Why the heck. Now I'm out of 77.00. BEWARE BEFORE YOU SIGN UP TO USE THEIR SERVICES.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information