1.05/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Exede Satellite Internet

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

837 Exede Satellite Internet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I took Viasat because it was an internet service available to me where I lived. At first it was ok. Then they slowed the speed during peak times and I never received the service I signed up for. I couldn’t even stream at the low speed with the outrageous prices I was locked into. To top it off they charged me for the entire month when I finally got to cancel the service early in the service period. Free money to them. I’ve hated Viasat for quite some time now. I am glad to no longer a part of their crappy internet. Good bye Viasat.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

First I get charged 300 for lifetime rental of the equipment. I never got the speed they promise and the phone never worked. I canceled after a month. Then I got charged over 400 to cancel. A few weeks later they pick up the dish. Then they charge me 372 for equipment and say they never got it back. It was their people that came here to get the dish off my roof. To add insult to injury now the roof is leaking. I had to get a new card from the bank to get them to stop taking money out of my account and I have to pay a roofer to fix the damage they did. It's cost me so far 1100 for 1 month for a service that was way below what was promised and I still have to pay to get damage to my roof fixed that they did.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have had constant issues with Viasat. Their customer service is a joke, but my biggest problem is the internet speeds. They do not offer what they advertise. I have the 50mbps package and rarely get 20mbps. And when you reach your usage cap they slow you down even more during peak hours. I understood this coming into contract, but I didn’t know that I was going to be slowed down to less than 1mbps, which makes all my devices unusable. Now I have had to look into a supplemental internet provider just to be able to basic internet tasks. Thanks for the pretty roof ornament, Viasat.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I have dealt with some very bad companies in my life, but Viasat takes things to a whole new level. They exist to tell the customer what to do, which is the polar opposite of customer service. The service itself has worked fine for the most part, and as long as you don't need to speak with someone, it's not too bad -- when it works. Save yourself the stress, headaches and lost $$$ -- avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I am a new customer with Viasat Internet, and if I wasn't locked into a 2 year contract they would be losing my business immediately! I have called customer service twice regarding this issue to no avail. I have noticed that my modem gets extremely hot. So much so I am concerned about fire. I have moved it away from all other objects. Although it is true that some heat is normal THIS IS NOT! Their tech support advises a fan or a window. I have had many modems. I never had to do that before!! And when it is hot my service stops. Therefore, I pay for services that are not always delivered.! I have to turn it completely off and wait for it to cool. And I was told if I want new equipment I have to pay!!! That is terrible customer service. I will be leaving this company as fast as possible. Don't make my mistake and get locked into a 2 year contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: July 30, 2019

This is honestly one of THE worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Customer service is bad. Product is worse, as the internet is spotty and slow. Their 2 year contract may as well be one-sided in THEIR favor. I stopped service after my monthly fee increased, even though I was told it was LOCKED IN for 2 years. Never signed anything stating that fee would increase starting with 4th month (they claim I signed something but have yet to show it to me)! Yet, when I stopped service and TWO of their employees told me I could cancel with NOTHING due or owing, I was sent to collections. Per their contract, I had the right to do this and followed THEIR steps! Do yourself a great big favor, GO WITHOUT SERVICE rather than using this company. You will regret using them as many before you have!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Would not recommend Viasat (formerly Exede) internet service to anyone. Definitely wish I did not sign a 2 year contract with them, would've bailed after the first 2 months otherwise. Signal cuts off and on constantly, takes only a few days after the beginning of each month to exceed my data limit and speeds get throttled back. After that, when the signal is actually coming in, can do very little with it on the internet. Definitely cannot do any gaming or streaming, unless you enjoy watching the little circle on your screen going round and round and round and round, sorry, I digress. In summary, my experience with this service has been horrible, very aggravating to have the signal not only run slow, but to go off and on. I'm soooo happy that my 2 years is almost up. I'd recommend another option, any other option but this one.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I tried this company figuring the speeds might be better but I had unlimited before with only 3 mbps and was better than this garbage. If I could get out of this 2 year lock I would. All they're good at is collecting too much money. It's not worth 100 - not worth 10. And customer service is horrible and only open M-F during the day so if something happens Friday at 7pm you're screwed until Monday. How do you operate a major company with horrible customer service. Do not get this service. It's horrible.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have been with Viasat for a year ONLY because I’m locked into a contract for two years. I was lied to from the very beginning. Told I was going to get unlimited internet, turns out that was a lie. For over 100 bucks a month I get 60 freaking gigs to share with a family of 8. That is completely impossible so we use it for Netflix and very little on our phones only. We can’t watch very much Netflix before running out. I have zero phone service where I live so without internet I have NOTHING! My internet hardly ever works and lately it’s more often that it doesn’t work. I spend so much time a day “rebooting” my modem and that never works!

I have called customer service and they give me the number for the technician, tell me to call him when I want it fixed. So I started calling right away. He never answered to me so the next day my husband called him 15 times before he answered. He told my husband he would be at my house sometime the next day. Did not give a time which is unprofessional to begin with, but I never left my house the next day wait on him to show. He NEVER SHOWED! But a technician was at my neighbor's house that day and the next day working on theirs (because Viasat crap never works for anyone).

3 days after he was supposed to show my husband calls him again. He claims he would be out the next day, which is today. He did not show so I called him. He didn’t answer but sent me a text that said “I’ll be back in town on Wednesday. I’ll fix the internet then.” Well I informed him that it would have been nice to know this past Wednesday when he was supposed to come that he wasn’t going to make it. Pretty crappy if you ask me. After that he got rude and things got heated. PLEASE RUN FROM THIS COMPANY. IT IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Original review: June 25, 2019

STAY AWAY. Run for your life. Don't let this company into your home. They steal my money every month even though I have stopped all my updates. I still went through my cap in 8 days. Now I get .5 download speed for the next 3 weeks and like the rest of the people here I was lied to. I WANT OUT OF MY CONTRACT WITH NO FEES. COME GET YOUR POS EQUIPMENT. I would rather not have internet than be paying 100 bucks a month for this CRAP. I have turned them into the BBB. I wanted out since week one then they said, "We will hit your account for like 300+ bucks if you leave." They are thieves and great liars. Don't trust them. Don't let them near your kids. Hell don't let them near your dogs. They will ** every thing you own just to get your money and as of pro installation the guy that showed up to set me up showed up in a mini van with no tags saying he was with Viasat. This company is BS all the way around.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information