Formerly named Exede

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Viasat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I would not even give one star but it required one to post this review. This company should seriously be ashamed charging the fees that they charge for this so called internet, (I pay 90 bucks a month) you will be so much better off using a hot spot from your phone. I will be paying to cancel my contract early. I should have known The day we had it installed.... The installer said it was only slow because it was cloudy outside. They advertise speeds that are not even close to what they say they will be and over the past two wks I have called four to five times because I can’t even check my email. I have absolutely no internet connection at times?

Technical support said last week they were aware of the issue. There was an outage near where we live and have people working on it, couple days later it worked and yup back out again today. I called once again to tell them. They said today, "Well there must be a storm headed your way because it says it’s out due to the weather condition," (absolutely clear day outside today). This company should not even be in business. Please do not sign up for this company. 100 percent you will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

This is the worst satellite. It’s constantly buffers or you get nothing. It’s expensive. Cost more than Hughesnet for less data. If something else come out this way where I live I will cancel them in a heartbeat. They will not get one penny extra from me I never signed a contract but they're saying by me giving my card number was a contract. I’ll change my card number so they can’t get money from me. To cancel outright is 345.00. Do not waste your time or money on their lies.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I live 25 miles from the closest town and Viasat is my only option for internet service. This service is so bad that when my 2 year contract is up in April I'm going to cancel my service and just go without. They will never get another dime from me!!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

They sent a stuffy person to my door. Who knocked down a whole shelf. After 2 hrs of trying to get service, a 3rd world cust. serv. agent. Cut my my serv, and call back tomorrow. Still no service. After 4 days. I told them to get their equipment and leave. They threatened me with a 600.00 fee. Even though they told me I had 30 days to disconnect. Scam, buyer be ware!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Living in an area without conventional internet or cable can be a challenge. There are few options when it comes to getting internet, and ALL OF THEM SUCK!!! Viasat has the highest data allowance, but it is also the most expensive. They say it's unlimited, and that they don't throttle your speed...but they do "prioritize" your use behind other customers that have not yet reached the, not data cap,..."suggested monthly consumption amount". So basically they don't like the terms, "throttled" or "data cap", but that's EXACTLY what they are. Once you hit that number, don't bother trying to watch TV or use the internet...you'll just make yourself angry.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This would not allow me to leave this blank because they should not even get 1 star in my opinions! We canceled our service with ViaSat internet last week and the rep ended our service on the wrong date and now they charged our card in error and it will take 7 to 14 days before we can get our money back. I will NEVER use them EVER again. Why are we having to wait when it was their error?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

It’s a real shame that my first ever review I’m writing on this site is tragically negative. I would have written it on Google reviews if they were on there. Maybe Viasat is so bad they couldn’t even be posted on there. I have read some reviews at a couple of sites before dealing with this atrocious internet company and saw that they were very mixed. I wish I came across this site instead, I might have evaded these scammers! But even out of all the bad reviews I’ve read here (and ALL of them are bad), I haven’t read one that complains about the horrible experience I have unfortunately been subjected to with this company. So this will be the first of its kind. Let me explain.

So last Wednesday, I ordered and paid for the Viasat Internet installation, the Gold Plan, scheduled actually for today on Monday. Well, everything seemed fine and dandy, until I received an email reminder for the installation a couple of days after I ordered it (New Year’s). That email showed an incorrect address for which the service was to be installed. The incorrect address was wrong in ways that I couldn’t understand because when I initially told the representative my address who signed me up for the service, he said some of the numbers of the address wrong, I corrected him, and had him repeat it until it was right.

So how could they mess this up? So I went on the live chat to seek an immediate solution and was horrified to find out that I must cancel my account just to be able to correct my address and then reschedule the installation. I didn’t think this sounded right. So when I called and actually spoke with a representative over the phone, I was told that he would put it in the technician’s work order and on the day of installation when the tech calls me I could give them the right address. I hung up but I wasn’t satisfied with this answer because it contradicted what the other representative said in the live chat. So I called a second time and explained my issue all over again and this representative told me I indeed would have to cancel my account, but like the representative on the live chat, she assured me that I would not have to pay for the installation fee again.

So she transferred me to get this straightened out but I ended up talking to one of the most incompetent, unprofessional customer service representative I have ever spoken with in my whole life. This woman should not be working. This person sounded like she was really high and zoned out.... far out. After dealing with her nonsense she FINALLY transfers me (AGAIN!) to yet another customer representative who then informs me that the Sales Department is closed!!! I wasted up to 40 minutes trying to get a hold of them just to be told they were close all along! So I hang up, call back, explain all over again and get in touch with the supervisor. He reassures that the Sales Department was indeed closed.

So I called back again earlier today and just find out that I actually DO have to pay for the installation fee again!!!! That’s a load of **! So I go back to customer service and demand a refund, while letting them know I will never do business with these hacks again! But the representative claimed that he could not see any purchase of the installation on my closed account! So I demand to speak with the supervisor. The supervisor this time I think was different from before.

They sounded totally different. He explained that they can’t see everything on file for me because my service wasn’t installed and therefore was never even activated. But he said the refund was processed the day it was cancelled (even though I found it strange that he had to ask me when I cancelled because if he didn’t know when I cancelled how would he even know when I would get a refund at all?). He kept speaking over me and cutting me off, telling me that the refund will take up to 7 - 14 business days to go through.

Feeling defeated, I just decided to end the phone call as politely as I could (though I really wanted to curse him out like I did the customer service representatives the day I cancelled this crummy service). So what’s the moral of this story?: “VIASAT WILL CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY AND ALL SATELLITE INTERNET SUCK SO BAD IT AIN’T EVEN WORTH IT!!!” My only real solution to be able to get internet is to move out of the middle of nowhere!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I talked with two separate sales representatives to make sure I was getting the right plan for my needs. I spent quite a bit of time with each of them providing specific information of my use on the internet. Was told by both reps to get the Bronze plan. I used the service for 2 days only as it was worse than my cable service with 3 Mbs. Over the next 10 months I talked with several customer service reps and supervisors to stop my plan and get my $300.00 installation fee returned.

One supervisor who waived my contract also told me I should have never been sold this plan and that they have had other issues with improper sales information given to customers. After speaking with more than a dozen people the last rep told me the installation fee would not be refunded. This is such bad customer service given I had the equipment installed in good faith I was getting a good deal only to discover it was horrible. Still no willingness to refund the installation fees. Will never recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Whoever it reads my comments please don’t go with this company Viasat, you’re better off with your hotspot on your phone than with this company. I got the Platinum 100 and I tell you! these people really look for ways to rip people off, the service is horrible. Even if they offer you the best service they have you still won’t be able to watch a movie on Netflix.

This company is making money off the contract they force you to sign, yes a two-year contract and if for whatever reason you break the contract you will have to pay $15 for the remaining of the contact, well I preferred to pay the remaining of contact than to be paying $160 a month. You do the math, I only needed two weeks to realize this company was cheating me of my money. Yes it took two weeks for me to realize. Well I had enough of this company is getting rich off a people like you and I that don’t have the luxury of having AT&T or Spectrum next-door. However I will take a minute and report this to Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

This was my second complaint with Viasat regarding buffering. I boosted my coverage the first time. Since the beginning of their service I can’t access Amazon (at least I can get Netflix now). The customer service told me my television was too big to receive internet bandwidth. I then asked to be transferred to a tech person and he assured me my internet connection was perfect and it’s Amazon’s fault. I will live with this money grubbing amateur company until my contract expires they won’t get another cent from me.

Viasat Company Information