Wild Blue Satellite Broadband

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I subscribed to Wild Blue Exede almost a year ago. I live in a rural area and was dissatisfied with the service and the data caps that we were being imposed upon me. I spoke to a local representative who assured me that there were no data caps that I would never be without internet. What she failed to tell me was about Liberty Pass and that there is a data cap on your internet will run slower. During the time that I had Exede. I experience frequent outages. I also made several calls to voice my concerns over not being told about the Liberty Pass. Nothing was ever done to remedy the situation. In the end I ended up paying over $200 to disconnect this horrible service. I do not recommend Exede Internet to anyone.

I signed up with this company 2 months ago. The advertise speeds up to 15 Mbps speed and 50 GB monthly data use limit. My kids hated me for signing up for this internet service and kept reminding me that I was an idiot and I agreed with them. We always went to www.speedtest.net and tested our speed and we always got results like 2 Mbps up to 5-6 Mbps, which is horrible according to today's technology and standards. This company provides internet service like we are still living in the 80's and we are all using dial up modems. I just canceled my service with Wild Blue Satellite, and I signed with with Charter (Spectrum) and our internet is now 100 Mbps speeds and NO monthly limit.

This is my experience: The internet speeds are never close to 15 Mbps speed they advertise, this is why they put in their contract "up to 15 Mbps". We used up our 50 GB monthly data in 12 days so they cut you off and you get no internet for the remaining 3 weeks of the month. The tech support people actually told me to tell my kids that they can only use internet 1 hour a day and stop connecting to WiFi. They lock you into a 24 month contract. If you cancel you have to pay $15 per month for remaining months in contract so they are billing me $350 cancel fee. We signed up with Spectrum internet and are paying $59 month for 100 Mbps speed. My kids are finally happy. Be careful and save yourself from the trouble and I would recommend you use another company.

Was under assumption could cancel without any problems. Installed May 16th 2016 and asked Jason satellite service to cancel this... Hey guess what. I am turned into collections and can't get ahold of Jason ** the dealer. The Excede company themselves are rude. Don't help out at all... Nothing about them is a reputable business.

I had to go with Exede because DirecTV offered it as my only option. Horrible. I had to up my data plan (costing me more money) and the service was awful. Every time it rained or was cloudy internet would be slow or go out entirely. Not impressed with their service AT ALL. I just called to cancel, they won't pro-rate my month (was just charged 2 or 3 days ago), and I have to send the equipment back myself. I'll pay for breaking my contract, fine but I do not think I should have to go onto the roof myself to get the satellite dish down. I've been paying a lot of money a month for internet. The least they can do is send a technician or someone who has experience to take down the dish. We aren't talking about a little piece of equipment here. I'm extremely disappointed in the service provided on all levels. Buyer beware!

As many have stated already, don't waste your time with this company. When I first became a customer, I was in a catch 22, either go with no service due to my location or suck it up. Well, I chose wrong and decided to become a customer thinking, They can't be that bad! I WAS WRONG!!! They advertise 15mbps speeds and claim to have minimal to no outages, wrong. Minimal cloud cover and no service. I checked the MBPS on a regular basis to see if we were getting the 15, NEVER! When you call customer service, and I did a lot, there is no help. They want to charge you a service call to come and inspect your equipment. Total BS!! Yesterday I cancelled my service as I've met the 2 year mark. Never again will I ever use their service nor will I recommend them to my worst enemy. STAY AWAY! You've been warned!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WildBlue?

This is, by far, the worst company I have dealt with. The dealer did not tell me anything about a 2 year contract or even have me sign a contract, or a $350 ETF. The dealer installs the dish and leave after giving me the password, 15 minutes later I noticed that the internet isn't working, at all. So I contact the dealer and informs him it's not connecting to the internet. He then states he is on another call and will call me back to fix the matter in 30 minutes. NOPE, no call back, so for 3 days I was call and text and FB messaging him with no reply.

I, then, decided to contact Customer Service, twice. First time: They say they would launch a complaint against the dealer and get it fix, 2 days later nothing. So I contact them a second time, and told them I don't want this service, 5 days and no internet. Customer "Service" was rude, told me it was irrelevant, and if I cancel I will have to pay a 350 EFT. I asked, "Why? I never had service." Then they disconnected.

Day 7, tried Customer Service again, said I need a work order and I HAD TO CALL THE DEALER and give me one, said she would credit my bill (she didn't). Contacted the dealer, no answer, left a voicemail with the work order. He text me a day later, said he was come Saturday. It's Monday... no internet still. So I'm messaging him on FB and text, no reply. But he posted on Facebook, 5 minutes later, about a special promotion he is running for internet.

This company is the worst of the worst to ever go to!!! They will get you into a 24 month contract without you even knowing and when you try to cancel they will take out 150 dollars from your account and try to get you with 300 dollars for early cancellation fee!!! And even if you report it to your bank they will obtain your new debit card information and get the money without you knowing!!! Watch out with this company everyone. I sadly had to find out the hard way!!! They took out our Christmas money we had to buy our children gifts!!! I really hope somebody can do something about them!!!

Had service for over 2 years, was continually not able to get online, would call and they would want to charge $90 for a technical representative. Spoke with them over the phone for hours with no resolution, never asked for a credit. Now I was lied to by their representative about getting a refund. I was never contacted by their corporate office and told I was denied, and after the denial a representative told me I would still receive the refund on my next billing date. Was told tonight by a very rude supervisor that they don't have to notify me of their decision, and they apologizes for misinformation on their part, but it wasn't their problem.

I usually never wrote reviews but I feel with this company I have to warn every single person out there. I was getting Directv because they were a cheaper company and they had told me that they were working with a internet company called Exede. Well big mistake. I should have ran for the hills. I had their tech come out to install the internet. When he came here little did I know that their internet was ran through a dish. I was never informed and no I didn't look the company up online. When the guy was installing this I started to ask questions on why the internet's name was on the dish because I was told that Directv would be putting a dish on my home. He explained that I needed one and I told him to stop. Well this man insisted on putting it on anyways and then proceeded to tell me that if I didn't like it I had 30 days to cancel. Hahahaha joke?

I called an hour and a half later because due to being pregnant I had to rush to the doctor because I had a doctor's appointment. So I called not only were their sales associates extremely rude they had no respect. I was trying to explain my story and I don't know how many times I got told they were going to hang up on me... or how I should of sat down to read their almost 20 page contract. Every time I spoke she would talk over me and then yell "I'll wait until you're finished". She told me it's my fault that the service got installed and she would have handled the situation different. Now me being 5 months pregnant, home alone with my one year old, dealing with this big guy, what was I suppose to do tackle him in the snow? Apparently I should have followed him around my yard and my home until he stopped is what I got told.

When I also called the third time which is not even 24 hours that I have had the service I had told them about a New York State law that states whether you are in a contract or not we have 3 business days to get out of something. Well apparently this company doesn't have to follow state rules and they get to do whatever they feel and that's stated in their 20 page contract. I have now cancelled my bank account and opened a new one because I refuse to give them any of my money.

I upgraded to Exede from their sister company Wild Blue. I paid to upgrade and to have new dish installed. After a few years of poor service (not getting speeds advertised, frequent outages and constantly going over our monthly allotment even though they couldn't give me usage details), I decided to cancel. Long out of my commitment. I was told by their Customer Service that I owed them nothing and that they didn't want the equipment back. Then some time later they sent a box wanting me to return not only the modem but to climb up outside and disassemble part of the dish and return them. When I asked them to show me where I had agreed to these terms, all I got was a bill and threats for collection. Soon after letters from a collection bureau. Do yourself a favor and find another alternative. You will be glad you did!

Seniors beware. If you rent, lease or may in the future move you PLEASE be aware that you have to return your equipment including parts UP ON THE ROOF on the satellite dish. I prepared to move and called Exede to find out how the process worked and what I needed to return. I was told I would need to return the modem, and two cords. There was no mention of the receiver/horn up on the satellite dish. I moved 2 1/2 hours away. I had my return box shipped to my new home and when I received it I noticed it mentioned this other part.

I called Exede thinking it an error but it wasn't. They wanted it. The choices they offered were $300 charged to my credit card for not returning the equipment, pay them $150 to send a technician to retrieve it or for me to make the 2 1/2 hour south and to climb onto a deep pitched roof of a house now owned by people I didn't know to try and retrieve it myself. I explained to Exede that I was a senior and a widow, that I lived on a very limited income and that I was 2 1/2 hours away and that what they were asking was a huge hardship but they simply didn't care. I couldn't believe they were so heartless and felt no responsibility for the situation for not telling me that I had to have this part returned. I even wrote a letter to the president of Exede and got a letter back saying "too bad". Their service is what it is when you live in the country but their customer service is obviously untrained and their company could obviously care less about their customers!!

We were advised by DirecTV to bundle with this company and save. Well the internet came first, then about a week later DirecTV came out, and said they couldn't service our area. Exede was extremely slow to begin with, but we assumed (which was wrong on our part) that the entire bundle was null and void considering that's how we signed up. Well it's not. Now they want us to pay a $350 cancellation fee for having it for only one week.

The customer service was extremely rude, and her supervisor was even worse. I was told I would have to CLIMB on top of the house to retrieve and return an item of theirs, or I would be charged an additional $150 for. This company is crazy. I wouldn't recommend them to my friends or enemies for that matter. I live in Georgia. I hope to warn as many people as possible!!! Stay. Away. From. This. Company. Or you will regret it!! The actual home service was horrible, the prices are actually kind of high, and the customer service reps are worse then you can imagine.

Months after returning their equipment, in a box provided by them, with a prepaid UPS label provided by them, I received a bill for 6 months of services. They admitted they received the equipment back but had no record of the call canceling the service or requesting the box to return the equipment. Then the collection calls started. How can I have received service if I have no equipment???

We received a flyer in the mail promoting super fast Satellite Internet from Exede/WildBlue. We called and were led to believe that we would receive internet speeds of 12 MBPS down and 3 MBPS up minimum. And we could expect speeds of up to 18 down/5 up on a normal basis. Before the installation staff even left our house I ran a speed test and I got 2.4 down and 1.5 up. Not even close to what we were promised! The install person said "That should improve as soon as the system recognizes your account". What a disappointment! Over the next month we called numerous times complaining that the service was not what we signed up for. We were even told on the phone that "you should be getting a lot better speeds than that!"

We complained several times within the first week and were told a service tech would come out and investigate/repair the issue. We waited for a week but never received a scheduling call for Chris ** to stop in. When called, Chris stated that when he received a trouble call ticket for us, he called and spoke with Exede's IT desk line and was told that there was no reason for him to visit as there was nothing wrong with our equipment. I expressed my frustration about me having to call him to find out why nobody ever showed up. We have been running speed tests daily to document the poor performance of the service and offered these documents to Exede but they were not interested.

After 1 month of service, I called to cancel service and stated that due to extremely poor service we did not feel obligated to pay the termination fee. After all, 90% of the time we were not getting anywhere near the speeds we were told we were going to get and a few times we were not getting any service whatsoever. I spoke with Heather (a supervisor) and told her the whole story and she said that the termination fee would be waived - but today I see on my online credit card transactions that we are being assessed the termination fee nonetheless. The company, in our opinion is a predator company and should be avoided at all costs. I will be calling the State Attorney General's office to investigate this matter further.

We signed up for Exede 5 months ago. Their service was very clunky. We could not access the Internet very easily and when we did get on it was very slow. It was definitely not what exede advertised. When we decided to cancel their service they charged $240 which is fine. I expected that. We sent the parts back in the box that they sent us and thought everything was done.

What I did not expect was over a month later exede took $300 dollars out of our account without so much as a email, phone call, letter, smoke signals, nothing. When I called them they said I did not return the parts to which I produced the receipt from the post office. They finally agreed that they had the parts in their possession and now say it takes 7 to 14 days to put the money back in our account. Why it was their mistake and I have to pay for it. This has been one of the most terrible experiences that I have had with their service and then dealing with their people on the phone. I would rate their service a -2 on a scale of 1 to 10 and their business practices a -10. They suck.

About 3 weeks ago, we called to cancel our internet service, because we found a better provider. Exede internet would only work sporadically, and when it did work, it would lag, videos would not load, and it would buffer every few minutes. Another issue we had was, somehow, despite the fact that our modem was off, somehow our data would be used up, even though nobody was home. After cancelling, Exede took $256.06 from my account. I have attempted several times to contact them, but I either mysteriously get disconnected, or my emails get ignored. At the time that I cancelled, Exede was told that they were no longer authorized to take any further money from my account. Despite being told this, they took the money anyways. I have had to cancel my card, and have the bank dispute the charges. This whole experience with Exede has been a nightmare. I would not recommend them to anyone. Please, avoid them at all costs!

We used Exede for 5+ years. When everything works, it is an acceptable service, especially if you have no alternative. However, when problems arise (this includes canceling service, see below), you are on your own and more than likely will be screwed to one degree or another. The short: use Exede Internet at your own risk and BE CAREFUL. Do not expect anything from customer service reps (even the nice ones). Do not expect advertised speeds. Expect phantom data usage and expect to be given the run-around at every corner when problems arise. Customer service can be decent, but problems they try to solve are often "rejected" by corporate--seriously.

The long: we used Exede for 5+ years and got along okay. It was nice to have high speed Internet, but we often used up our Priority Data by the second or third week of each month, especially as more and more services migrated to Internet-only. We even somehow used data when our modem was off during a two-week vacation. We were on the lowest (20G/mo) plan, and I'm certainly not entirely blaming Exede for us burning through data, but the phantom data usage raised a red flag. Liberty Pass worked fine for a year or so, but by the end of our subscription this past June, usually rendered even casual browsing almost impossible. Another red flag.

Thankfully an alternative came along this year. We went through the process of disconnecting our Exede service, then we're still charged our monthly fee a few days later. When we called again, the customer service rep said our previous request had "failed." We went through the entire disconnect process again, plus went through another process to get our monthly fee refunded. Our service is now disconnected, but our request for a refund, while accepted by customer service, was rejected by corporate because our customer agreement states there are no refunds for unused data. It does not matter that our first request came before our renewal date and that it was the fault of Exede that the request failed.

Part of the disconnect process also required us to send back part of the satellite dish, the power cords/supply and modem. It must be received by Exede within one month from the day you request to be disconnected. It has been 20 days since we sent the equipment back and Exede has no record of receiving the equipment. Thankfully, we have our UPS tracking number, so we may have a leg to stand on, but I would not be surprised if Exede finds a way to charge us $300 for not returning their equipment in a timely fashion. Again, BE CAREFUL. Read your customer agreement carefully and believe Exede will do everything they can to manipulate you into violation. Exede is as dishonest, ruthless and worthless as companies come.

The first complaint I saw on this site today says the same thing they are trying to do to me. They are trying to charge me $160.13 for a Tria that they say was not in the box. They send you a return box that has preformed foam in it to put in power cord, modem, and Tria from the dish outside. They first said they didn't get the modem, and then they said they didn't get the Tria, but then they say they got the modem and now they tell me to call back in 4 days to see if they can find it. Do not waste your time with these people. 10 Gigs will allow you to read your email and visit Craigslist once a day and that is it. My grandson came to my house and watched to full length cartoons and that used all my bandwidth for a month. I would not have known they were putting this bogus charge on my credit card had not Capital One notified me that they charged me $115.38 more than they charged me last month.

We have been with Wild Blue/Exede for quite a few years. Things have been fine until this past July. Our internet went out. When the technician came to check out the problem, he said a part needed to be replaced. Then he said that if we got a new dish we would have much faster speeds. We would have to sign a new contract and there would be a slight increase in cost. We decided would be worth it. We so regret that decision. There are no faster speeds. Since then we are going to our 10gb extremely fast. We have never listened to music, watched tv or movies. The only videos we watch are couple minute videos on Facebook. I have cut back on how much I am on the internet, even stopped going on Facebook on my computer.

I have called several times. They just tell me about what uses data. Kept trying to explain that don't use things that should be using the data and that we didn't have problem until new dish was installed. After the last call I went on chat and asked how much to cancel. They called and offered to take $10 off bill for 12 months. I accepted but said still didn't help with data problem. Have to hold off and deal with it for a while. Don't have extra $330 would need now to cancel. Will cancel when cost gets lower and won't sign up with Exede again unless they correct the problem. Wish we just had the old dish repaired. We had no problems with data then. Have already told one person who was talking about signing up not to do it. After being a customer for so long never expected to be having problems now. Very disappointed.

Absolutely the WORST internet company, I WOULD NOT recommend this to anybody. Had the worst experience since day one, when the technician arrived. Before having the tech come out to my appointment I told the rep to put on her notes to notify the tech before he came out, that my landlord did not allow satellite dishes to be bolted onto the building. Couple days later technician comes out, I notify him as well that my landlord does not allow satellite dishes to be bolted, he agrees and says okay. He takes about 6 hours doing who knows what... Once he leaves directv comes to install cable, since I set my cable and Internet to be installed the same day. I let them know as well not to put a dish as well. Directv lets me know that some random huge dish has already been installed on top of the roof in front of the apartment complex.

At this point this made me very angry because at this point my landlord will charge me for having this huge dish on top of the roof... I call via set at let them know what's going on. The supervisor tells me to keep the services active and to fax them over a copy of the lease stating I can't have satellite dishes so I did. I contact them a week later to see if they received it & No they didn't faxed it out 3 more times. Was finally fed up with how unprofessional they were so asked to speak to Corp. They also were so unprofessional. They also said they didn't receive it. At this point I just wanted to cancel wanted nothing to do with their services. I was charged 83$ for the first month that I didn't even use b/c they told me to disconnect everything but to keep my services active.

It took them about 3 weeks to refund me my 83$ because they refused to give it back and they also wanted to charge me early termination fees. As well as 163$ for the modem that's connected to the dish. I called Corp to have them refund me my money. They said they did and that I never return the modem so hours on the phone with them and several times calling they refunded me my money and comes to find out they did receive the modem. SMH terrible experience. Every single time I called these people it was a disappointment, aggravation, arguing back and forth because no one knew what I was talking about, and no one ever received anything. From the representatives to the Corp office are unprofessional, they need to be more organized. I hate this company...

Thankfully, I couldn't even become a customer. Their sales line says that 3 pm eastern is "outside standard business hours"! I called tech support twice and got routed back to that message. I guess they're good with their current customer base? Between their joke of a "sales department," questionable fees and charges (which I didn't have any opportunity to discuss), and the reviews I've seen here, I'd steer anyone away from a relationship with this "company".

Here are some FAQ I have seen that I have issue with... Are there any hidden fees?: This one got me -- I have been a customer of excede for 10 months now. I canNOT get a tech to come to my house and check out why I lose service at least 2X's a day. Why you ask, because it will cost ME $99, now they will give me the option to buy a service plan for $5.99 month but why do I have to pay them to take care of their equipment. I know that it is not a lot of money every month, but still it is their equipment not mine.

Here is another person who wanted service in their area. "Ha! I just clicked to see if it was available in my area. The message I got was due to the large volume of requests for this service, we have suspended all new service installations at this time?? They were answered with -- It's a good thing they are not selling more than they can provide for. No, this is not good!!! Here is why.

I do have the liberty 10 plan that gives me data after I use my monthly data amount up. So if they have a large volume in that area, be careful because this is what excuse you will get to the problem of a service that cuts in and out, "It is all the Traffic on the signal" again this is THEIR problem and I am not getting the service I pay for.

Now today I called to get someone out to check out if there is a outside issue. I was told once again I have to pay $99 to have them come out and inspect THEIR equipment or I can pay $5.99 a month, again I am paying for them to fix THEIR equipment. Sometimes you just want to scream, why,why, why!! I feel used and over charged for a service that can be fixed in my area, and they chose not to fix it. If I did have a choice for Internet in my area I would not have this service. I do hope that you will post this for others to see so that they really can make an educated decision, because I did not have any reviews that would warn me of these issues. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

When I called to inquire about the service I explained my internet use. I watch Netflix and get on Facebook. Salesman assured me the 10gb plan would work for me. After having the service 10 days was at my data limit having only watched 2 hours of Netflix and using Facebook. I called to complain that I'd been grossly misrepresented about the data and also the service continually buffered. Slow and interrupted service. I paid 99.00 installation and 75.00 for first month. I'm not trying to recover that money. I've since received a bill for 404.08 an early disconnect fee. I'm disputing the charge due to poor service and being misrepresented about the data. Beware of Exede and Wildblue internet providers. Parent company Viasat Inc. I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I attempted to terminate my WIFI service with Exede in late May of 2016. An Exede rep recommended I wait a week to be sure I was satisfied with the new service. It was going to cost me $60 for early cancellation fee of contract and Exede would send me a box to return the modem. No mention of a camera. The following week, June 7, I canceled. My June Visa bill showed a charge of $70 from Exede. I assumed one month fee of $59 plus extra week. On July Visa bill there was a charge of $59. I called and was told this was the early cancellation fee. Aug Visa bill showed $139 Exede charge. I called again and was told I had to return a camera that was attached to the dish. The dish was on my roof. If Exede sent a tech out to remove it, it would cost me $95.

After much time spent on the phone with Visa and Exede reps and supervisors, I found I should have been given an option to either mount the Exede equipment on the roof or a pole in the ground & sometimes the tech fee of $95 is waived to remove it. After reading the contract, yes, I was responsible to return the camera and that Exede preferred to settle conflicts amicably. I wrote to the company and a month later received no reply. I offered during my many conversations with Exede to compromise and pay $50 for a tech to come out and remove their equipment since I never was offered the option of where to install their equipment or told I would have to return the camera. Finally, I hired someone to remove dish and camera at my expense and returned camera to Exede. Buyer beware.

Everything about this process, from my first experience with the representative, to be installation, to service ongoing has been nothing but a hassle and the people have been unsympathetic and unhelpful. I would never recommend this service to anyone not even my worst enemy. I move to an area just outside of "normal" internet service. I went up having to pay 25% more for just internet that I had paid for internet, cable television, and a home phone. That premium also came with the most awful service but I had ever experienced in the thousands of businesses I had had the occasion to deal with. I constantly went over my data, which we increased not once, but twice. Sometimes that amount was going over in only a few days. Ironically, when I traveled to Florida on business from Wisconsin, I saw one of the representatives on the airport shuttle I was on.

I asked him how much service was here. He replied "You can get 25 GB for 3995." That was 25% of what I was paying. When I called I asked them about it. They said that plan was "not available" in the area in which I live. Fast-forward one year. After experiencing horrible service and intermittent availability, as well as having to drive into town and use McDonald's while this because it was actually better, I moved across the country. They asked me if I wanted to move my service. That came with a fee of $100 on each end. I said no, I would like to cancel. Why don't you wait and see if the people that wants to move in wish to use the service? It turns out they didn't, and I asked them to cancel. At that point I was not presented with the option of anybody going to pick up equipment. Just told I would have to pay about $600, and why didn't I just go on this "vacation plan" that would take me to the end of my contract and then everything would be fine.

My contract ended and guess what? They charged me another month of $154. Now, they claim that those charges are valid, and, if I cannot return the equipment, they will charge me $300. I have never experienced worse service anywhere. These people must know that their business is a scam, because my average time on the phone with them was just under two hours. Five sets of calls to cancel, over 10 hours of my life wasted, and still no resolution. Do not do business with exceed or wild blue. It is not worth the hassle or aggravation, no matter what they promise.

When I switched to DirecTV, AT&T wasn't available in my area therefore I was directed to WildBlue/Exede Internet service. When they came out to hook everything up, the technician was friendly - but the service provided wasn't very good. When he installed the modem for my computer, he left wires exposed and no instructions were given other to say "this is your password to use the service".

Recently I called DirecTV since there was quite a change in my bill and it was suggested that I switch over to AT&T... which I did. The service was entirely different from WildBlue/Exede. The technician re-routed everything and cleaned up all the exposed wires, even Sat down to show me how to use everything... and this was all done with an impending Hurricane on the way!!! When I called to disconnect with the other internet provider, they charged me an early termination fee of $165. While I don't believe I should have to pay this fee for crummy hook-up let alone sporadic service, I'll do so just to get rid of them. I truly believe something should be done about this company before they're allowed to continue to operate.

Company contacted me and said they were partners with DirecTV and would be coming to install the equipment for Internet service. I never called them. Installed dish and DirecTV showed up 2 hours later and said they do this to everyone, it does not work at that location! When I requested they come get the equipment, I see they have charged my credit card for $365/month!! How did they get my credit card! I never signed up, never saw a contract, never agreed to anything! I have reported them to Federal Trade Commission and now they have sent my name to collection and told me to throw the equipment away?? What?? What kind of a shady backyard company is this place? RUN if they call you, show up or say they're a partner with DirecTV. That's not true, they are not legitimate.

We regularly hit our 10 gig limit no matter what. I have a cellphone plan with 4 users 2 of which are teenage daughters and do not go over our 3 gig limit. We do not limit data usage on cell phones but do tell the girls to be careful about usage at home on wifi. The usage calculations for Wild Blue internet are questionable at best. I will switch the second there is another alternative in my area.

I've been in a contract with wild blue for over 3 years. DONT USE THEM!!! I called today to cancel my service and was informed that I would still have to pay the monthly payment even though my service would be canceled. From day one of this contract my payment was deducted on the 3rd of every month. When I called on the 2nd cancel they informed me that I still will owe for the month of October because my payment was due on the 1st. They wanted to cancel my account and still charge me for service that I can't use. And inform me that my due date could have been changed to the 4th.

No one ever told me this. Why would I have it taken out on the 1st when I don't get paid until the 3rd? They are ripping off customers for their own good. They can charge for the two days they say I owe them but to charge me for a whole month for nothing is wrong. They are ripping people off! Its their way of forcing people to try to stay with their rotten service. How could people do this? I've had nothing but trouble with Wild Blue Exede from the very first day I started with this company. Those was the final nail for me. I strongly advise against using them at all! I hate for someone else to deal with this garbage. They don't deserve 1 star!

This service was totally unacceptable. The sales personnel totally lied about what they told you and lied even more about the information that they didn't tell you. The phone service never worked. The internet service worked for 1 night and then we were pretty much cut off. Calling into customer service to explain your issues was a joke. They want to send out a repair tech who comes out and replaces equipment that still doesn't work. They take your money and then charge you for more than what you agreed to do. They want you to pay for early termination for 2 years for service that worked for 2 days. I cannot believe that the government allows companies like this to continue to scam the hardworking people in this country. They wonder why the economy is going downhill so fast.

Wild Blue Satellite Broadband Company Profile