Wild Blue Satellite Broadband

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The most bizarre experience! I called to question my bill. Exede had been billing me for "Voice" from day one, March 2016. I had cancelled it that same month, which they did have in file. The first person I spoke with yesterday confirmed that but noted the ticket was issued but never completed. He was sending it to "corporate" and I would receive a call back within 2 hours.

8 hours later, I called back. It was very strange. Everything took forever. He didn't put me on hold, but he just typed away with someone from "corporate". Every time I asked to talk to the supervisor I was told "No". I accused them of using stall tactics. I think they just wanted me to give up. One hour and half later, I was given the ticket number for the refund $288, but that has to be approved by "corporate"! I was told all the supervisors were busy and they would call me back at some point to address my concerns. Nothing yet!

I filed a complaint against Exede Internet with the Federal Trade Commission after it charged my credit card upon cancellation of the service because the download speed times are ridiculously slow – typically 1 to 2 MBPS when it promises much faster speeds. I cancelled the service on April 4. Exede then charges my card for the entire month even though it should have refunded my card based on a daily charge. I spoke to a supervisor named Carol and she refused to refund my credit card saying that I agreed to pay for the entire month. I did look at the Exede contract. It's a 14-page single space document that is full of language that takes advantage of customers. Exede also requires customers to return the dish on the roof. Another predatory tactic to try take advantage of consumers by charging hundreds of dollars knowing that most customers will not go on the roof or hiring someone to go on the roof to remove the satellite.

My complaint with the FTC is based on the very unfair and one sided contract. Exede is violating the Federal Trade Act by taking unfair advantage of consumers. Every consumer who has been violated by Exede should file a complaint with the FTC so the FTC is aware of Exede's pattern and practice of unfair tactics in violation of federal law.

Worst Internet EVER!! Do not waste your money. I recently moved and inquired with DirecTV on a bundled internet package. They said they could bundle me with a satellite provider. They did not tell me who and I did not ask. I did however directly ask what speed I would be getting. They told me I would be getting at least 25 MBPS download which was faster than any other internet I had checked within the area so I agreed on this bundled package. It took two weeks before someone finally came out to install my internet. Before the installer left I ran a speed test and only came up with 4.05 MBPS. When I asked the installer about this he told me it was not his department and that "You can't trust those speed tests". After only one day I could hardly do anything online. It was totally useless and has been for this whole 30 days.

When I called and inquired they said I had used up all my primary data after only one day. How is this possible?? I have no Kids, I don't play any games and there are only two of us here that work outside the household every day. I have now had the internet for a total of 30 days and it has been totally useless. Can't watch Facebook videos, can't watch Netflix or Youtube. About the only thing I can do is go online on my computer for email and that is slower than my mom's dial-up internet back in the 90s was.

I called and asked what I needed to do to get out of this waste of money. They told me I would have to pay $380.00 to get rid of it. I don't understand how when I was told I would be getting 25 MBPS and nothing was even brought up about data usage at the time I signed up that they can expect me to pay to get rid of it. As far as I am concerned the service I was told I would be provided was not ever even close to be met or satisfactory so why should I have to pay for something I did not receive? I have ran speed tests over the last 30 days and screenshot each one. I have never seen over 3 MBPS and most of the time it's around .35 or .25 not even 1.0MPBS. DO NOT DO IT! GARBAGE.

We had regular Wildblue and were told that was going away and we needed to upgrade to Exede. From the very beginning it did not work and they refused to fix it. Eventually we were able to move where we could get real internet service and had to pay to get rid of them. I would be interested in a class action if one starts up.

When the service promised to me was not equal to the service I received I cancelled my service. I was told I would be charged $172 but then they pulled $380 out of my account. Now, a month later they have pulled another $380 out of my account because I haven't returned equipment even though I have now put in two requests for a box (and info) on where to return the equipment. That is a total of $588 they have stolen from me. I am unsure of how to recover this money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WildBlue?

I purchased just the Internet and the installer was scheduled for a 2pm appointment. I received a call saying he would be early, at 12. Our window was 12 to 2. He showed up at 4pm. He did the install, including a huge ugly dish in my front yard next to the street, which I specifically asked him to not do. When he said he was done I brought up Netflix and it was running so slow. I did a speed test and it showed it was running at 300Kb/sec. I told him it was running slow and he said it'll take a min to speed up and left. 2 hours after he left, I called customer service and told them what had happened. The lady told me I needed to wait 24 hours. So knowing I was being blown off, I waited 24 hours like a fool. It took 20 min to download 2 megabytes. My package is to run 25 megabytes a second.

Exactly 26 hours after the installation, I call and get hung up on 4x, I got 2 foreigners who were rude, one who refused to let me speak to a supervisor. He said it plain as day, not even implying it. 3 said there was nothing wrong with my service. One was a ** man and he was nice, friendly and helpful, named Andrew, but I got hung up on in the middle of him talking to me. He had noted that the speed was ridiculously slow, and was the only one to even look into the problem. After 3 and a half hours, I finally got a date for a tech to come back out and 'fix' it. Suddenlink has always been #1 in my book for jackass customer service, but no more. Exede Wild Blue in Texas deserves a medal for how ignorant, rude and unprofessional they are. Worst service ever.

When it was Exede I had no problems and then a couple of months ago the internet would not load. Was on the phone a total of 8 hours. Finally they sent a tech out and it worked for awhile. So far have called twice. Still this time still no internet, but they take your money. Worst internet company ever.

Wild Blue/Exede internet service is TERRIBLE!!! I've had less than one month and nothing but problems. DirecTV/AT&T bundled my TV and internet through Exede/Wild Blue. The internet is SO SLOW, half the time I can't even use the "pay per view" functions that DirecTV sold me because the connection speed is so slow. When asked about this, Exede tells that "Yeah, downloading movies uses a lot of data" and that I've used up the 12GB of data (no one mentioned that I even had a data plan) in 10 days which kicks me down to even slower connection speeds. Exede is more than happy to sell me more data and a better speed system for $169 PER MONTH though!!

They do not stand by their product, cannot provide better service at a reasonable cost. When I asked to be disconnected, I'm told there is a $345 disconnect fee because I'm breaking their contract. I've spent HOURS on the phone with both companies trying to resolve this. DirecTV says there's nothing they can do because they subcontract the internet to Wild Blue and it's their system issues. Wild Blue is telling me there is nothing they can do because they aren't the ones that sold it to me. Meanwhile, I'm stuck in a 24-month contract with an ISP that doesn't work and DirecTV features that I can even use.

We had Exede WildBlue for several years without issue. Then we moved, kept their service & signed a new contract. This company has turned into a total nightmare! Trying to illegally withdraw various amounts from our autopay account for items/services & equipment that we don't owe. Calling & emailing company for months on end absolutely nothing. Documents pertaining to Exede disappear from our computers & our computers are being apparently "blocked" from accessing online complaint forms. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY! If you have problems with Exede, send emails & make hard copies all contact. Record calls made to "Uncustomer Service". Send everything in complaint form to the FTC & your local attorney general.

I couldn't be more unhappy with the Exede internet / ViaSat service I have. The internet is terrible. It is sooo slow. I run out of my 10GB so fast I know only use it for email and a little internet searching and still can't make it through the month. I use my phone as a hot spot more than anything and don't seem to use hardly any GB's.

The process started with a terrible installation person putting the system where I didn't want it. Plus a terrible install. I have asked for help, asked for it to be moved and my house repaired and not reply, I called your office and complained and again nothing. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS, TERRIBLE BUSINESS. Please get this off my house and pay for the repairs. I truly wish I would have never purchased this with your company. I hope for your sake others have better success with your product, I will, as I have time, make all the negative comments I can to help others not have the same problems I have had. Please take care of this problem!

Data Cap Rip-off: I live in a rural area. Satellite internet is the only option. My plan is 10gb data per month and unlimited after midnight. For the last 5 months no matter my usage (I carefully monitor) a week before the end of the month ALL my data is mysteriously used up. Yesterday I had 3.7 gb left to use and downloaded a 430mb file. I streamed nothing else and the today they notified me I had used ALL my data cap. This happens EVERY month and they try to get me to buy more data. There is NO way to check the daily data usage and hold them accountable. I am now at 1.2mb per sec speed for the next week... again. I hope someone sues them for billions.

I have been a customer for a while, all of a sudden I started getting massages that my Exede was at 100 percent. It stayed that way the whole month but I still had to pay because they were so rude when I tried to explain to them that I could not get on internet and it had been that way. It is once again at 100 percent after a few days starting over the next month. I got 10 gb. I have never in 4 years got a warning and now very seldom use anything and they say it has already gone over. They are so hateful when you call. Not the same people I done business with when I started 4 years ago. One lady fussed me out. I hung up. She told me to just send my stuff in if I was not happy. That was the supervisor. I called several times because I really did not want to change and I thought I just got someone having a bad day. No the other person was rude too. So I give them a big thumb down.

Exede did not deliver the service that they offer to customers. I was so disappointed with their slow internet. We only use their internet service for one day. The technical support people was a big joke department. They were no help to me and my son. They didn't even check the problem on what causing the slow or hang connection. There were quick to suggest that we use the internet on daytime when not a lot of people are using it or just pay for an upgrade so we can get a faster service. On top of that everybody including the manager were so rude. I end up canceling it even though they threatened me with $430 charge for early termination. They insisted that it was on the contract I signed. I don't remember signing one.

After 2 months they are still charging me monthly service despite the fact that it was disconnected. I called about these charges and the manager admitted that it was a mistake and she would take out these charges. I requested her to mail me a revised billing statement but it's been a month after that conversation and I still haven't receive it. Bottom line this company is not true on anything they promised and we consumers deserve to be treated fairly because we are all paying them our hard earned money. Please include me if there will be class action lawsuit with this company in the future.

My experience with this company was beyond awful. The packages were too expensive for what was offered. No matter how little we were on the internet, or how few devices we had connected, they claimed that we used all of our high-speed internet in TWO days every month. I even changed my password to make sure that there was not usage I was unaware of. Still two days. The service itself was bad. We could only get signal in one half of our house, even with the most up-to-date router, etc.

Finally, after getting my fill of wasting money, I figured I would be better off to just pay the early cancellation fees than to continue paying for the plan. I was then informed by the company that I needed to climb on my roof and get a piece of their equipment from the satellite, or there would be a $150 charge for the piece. I told them I felt this was unsafe, as I have no experience in roof climbing or satellite connection. She told me that they could send someone out to my house to disconnect it, but would charge me $95 to do it. My whole experience with this company was just a huge disappointment! Very unsatisfied and would not recommend them to anyone!

When we discontinued Exede in mid-Dec. 2016, we returned the modem as requested. They also requested return of the dish component. Due to my handicap and inability to dismantle it as well as the mounds of snow around us (which continues all winter), I could not do this. The rep on the phone said, "ok" and nothing else was said. Now we received a bill for this of $150. When I called and spoke to a Jose (who I must add was almost nasty and rude), he informed me that they would have sent a technician to dismantle it for me. However, nothing of the sort was offered in December. I would have gladly complied as I don't want that dish in my yard anyway. Now, we are far from home until late March. Is this great customer service? I think not!

Their data usage counts are lies. On Jan 24th, I was no longer able to stream or watch internet TV. When I put in a customer ticket, their response was that I was on data restriction and that all I would be able to do is email, open smaller websites, etc. I was told that my data count started over at the turn of a new month. Well, it became February, and I have had about 3 hours of streaming and TV before they restricted my data again (it's the third day of the month). I have disputed their payment charges for the month because I'm not getting any service (or hardly any). I put in another ticket but have heard nothing. Even when I wasn't on "data restriction", their speeds were unacceptable. I don't have many choices in this rural area, and I already tried Hughes Net (they are worse, if that's possible).

We live in a rural area outside of Austin. Per DIRECTV we asked who covers internet in our area. They told us Wild Blue / Exede Internet. We found a plan called the Freedom 25 (25 mbps) and ordered service. We thought the 24 month contract was stiff but since options were low agreed. On installation day we were delivered 2.4 mbps and the most we got was 3.2 mbps. Through aggressive conversations with them (them not us) we decided to cancel service on that same day. We also asked for a supervisor to call us. Didn't happen.

Lo and behold a few days later we were charged $400.89 for a early termination charge. I can't believe they are still in business!! I also can't believe that this language of "up to" has not been banned as well. When you order 25 mbps and get 2 that is fraud! We seem to be going backwards in consumer protection from companies like this. Sending Corporate an email has a 0 success rate of them getting back to you. Warn your friends about this company.

I called to get Internet service and they guaranteed me that their service was super fast and I'll be so happy with it. So when the guy came to look at eight just bag the whole time that has passed it was and I asked the lady when I called in and the guy who is hooking it up if there is a guarantee if I was totally went happy with that you know within 24-48 hrs. If I could come canceled and they both told me yes and then when I called back they wouldn't let me. They don't follow through with what they say. They have you sign the contract and don't show it to you and then they email you the contract 48 to 72 hours later to read after you've already signed their board and you were already locked into their contract. The Internet service didn't work. It said I already use the fast Internet service within 24 hours and then it was gone so super slow that it wouldn't even work! Horrible.

I had to call three times before they would even give me the option to cancel. I don't have the equipment within 24 hours. They finally sent me the boxes but they think they're going to charge me the full disconnect charge of the full two years. I had to cancel my form of payment so that they can't and I'm disputing the charge. I specifically asked them when I signed up if it didn't work get in my area if I could cancel within a reasonable amount of time and now they are not following through with that. I specifically asked the guy when he got here to set everything up because I didn't realize they're affiliated with wild blue and I have wild blue before and it was not a good service and did not work where I live and I didn't realize it was affiliated with exede so I was worried.

Exede Internet. Proof is in the pudding! I am getting less than 1 MBPS on average. When I asked to cancel, their customer service says there is no guarantee of download speeds and I am contractually obligated. THEY ARE A JOKE! BUYER BEWARE! I am on their Freedom plan. They should call it You're under contract for $150 per month with download speeds less than 1 MBPS Plan. Still want Exede?

We have had Wild Blue for several years only because we didn't have any other options. I do NOT understand how after 3-5 days in the billing cycle, we have used 70% of our bandwidth. This has been a consistent problem. We very rarely plug into our "wi-fi" with them because we use our data plan on our phones. Two months ago we purchase a hotspot with AT&T. We don't use our Wild Blue bandwidth any longer but guess what? We are still at 70% after 3 days. We use our hotspot for everything... Netflix streaming, surfing, downloads, etc. After 6 days into the billing cycle with AT&T, we have only used half of 6 GB compared to Wild Blue, 3 days, and "using" 11+ GB. WTF??? This weekend we have decided to switch our service to AT&T and drop Wild Blue. We will see what kind of BS they put us through when we cancel. I hope to God there is a class action lawsuit in the near future!

DirecTV should be fined for forcing subscribers to use them - they do a bait-and-switch when describing the internet service. They get you to sign up with a 2-year commitment, and then you have to deal with Exede "customer service". When asked "how is it possible for me to go thru my data when I'm not even logged on", I was told that they can't tell me, but they have a beta-product which may be useful. Not.

I had issues with my internet when I first got it. It kept going in and out. My husband told me that I should just end the services and go with someone else. I told him it might get better so I kept with them. It did not get any better but, we were moving soon so I called them and let them know that I wanted to disconnect the service. They told me that I could put a hold for 3 months and not charge me which was fine. Unfortunately, we were not able to move into a new home by that time so I tried to call and left messages and then I sent a email through their website and would hear back from them in 24 hours it said. I did not receive a call back nor did they email me back.

Anyways, I called today 1/13/2017 to a different number I got from my bank and was able to get a hold of a representative named Charles. He was unable to give me his last name so you just have the first name. He told me that I haven't used the internet service for 63+ weeks and 0 data had been used. I told him I know that and that is why I was trying to get a refund for this month and disconnect. He refused to and I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me no one else could help me. He proceeded to tell me that he could refund me $30 since I was using their service.

I told him, "What service!" I told him that "You told me that I have used any data and been inactive for all those weeks." I told him that $30 was not sufficient enough and ended up going to my bank to call fraud on my card. My bank was very helpful in resolving this issue. I will tell everyone that I know that Exede WildBlue Internet is not good and if you need resolution they are unwilling to help. I hope that this review helps people in the future.

I subscribed to Wild Blue Exede almost a year ago. I live in a rural area and was dissatisfied with the service and the data caps that we were being imposed upon me. I spoke to a local representative who assured me that there were no data caps that I would never be without internet. What she failed to tell me was about Liberty Pass and that there is a data cap on your internet will run slower. During the time that I had Exede. I experience frequent outages. I also made several calls to voice my concerns over not being told about the Liberty Pass. Nothing was ever done to remedy the situation. In the end I ended up paying over $200 to disconnect this horrible service. I do not recommend Exede Internet to anyone.

I signed up with this company 2 months ago. The advertise speeds up to 15 Mbps speed and 50 GB monthly data use limit. My kids hated me for signing up for this internet service and kept reminding me that I was an idiot and I agreed with them. We always went to www.speedtest.net and tested our speed and we always got results like 2 Mbps up to 5-6 Mbps, which is horrible according to today's technology and standards. This company provides internet service like we are still living in the 80's and we are all using dial up modems. I just canceled my service with Wild Blue Satellite, and I signed with with Charter (Spectrum) and our internet is now 100 Mbps speeds and NO monthly limit.

This is my experience: The internet speeds are never close to 15 Mbps speed they advertise, this is why they put in their contract "up to 15 Mbps". We used up our 50 GB monthly data in 12 days so they cut you off and you get no internet for the remaining 3 weeks of the month. The tech support people actually told me to tell my kids that they can only use internet 1 hour a day and stop connecting to WiFi. They lock you into a 24 month contract. If you cancel you have to pay $15 per month for remaining months in contract so they are billing me $350 cancel fee. We signed up with Spectrum internet and are paying $59 month for 100 Mbps speed. My kids are finally happy. Be careful and save yourself from the trouble and I would recommend you use another company.

Was under assumption could cancel without any problems. Installed May 16th 2016 and asked Jason satellite service to cancel this... Hey guess what. I am turned into collections and can't get ahold of Jason ** the dealer. The Excede company themselves are rude. Don't help out at all... Nothing about them is a reputable business.

I had to go with Exede because DirecTV offered it as my only option. Horrible. I had to up my data plan (costing me more money) and the service was awful. Every time it rained or was cloudy internet would be slow or go out entirely. Not impressed with their service AT ALL. I just called to cancel, they won't pro-rate my month (was just charged 2 or 3 days ago), and I have to send the equipment back myself. I'll pay for breaking my contract, fine but I do not think I should have to go onto the roof myself to get the satellite dish down. I've been paying a lot of money a month for internet. The least they can do is send a technician or someone who has experience to take down the dish. We aren't talking about a little piece of equipment here. I'm extremely disappointed in the service provided on all levels. Buyer beware!

As many have stated already, don't waste your time with this company. When I first became a customer, I was in a catch 22, either go with no service due to my location or suck it up. Well, I chose wrong and decided to become a customer thinking, They can't be that bad! I WAS WRONG!!! They advertise 15mbps speeds and claim to have minimal to no outages, wrong. Minimal cloud cover and no service. I checked the MBPS on a regular basis to see if we were getting the 15, NEVER! When you call customer service, and I did a lot, there is no help. They want to charge you a service call to come and inspect your equipment. Total BS!! Yesterday I cancelled my service as I've met the 2 year mark. Never again will I ever use their service nor will I recommend them to my worst enemy. STAY AWAY! You've been warned!!!

This is, by far, the worst company I have dealt with. The dealer did not tell me anything about a 2 year contract or even have me sign a contract, or a $350 ETF. The dealer installs the dish and leave after giving me the password, 15 minutes later I noticed that the internet isn't working, at all. So I contact the dealer and informs him it's not connecting to the internet. He then states he is on another call and will call me back to fix the matter in 30 minutes. NOPE, no call back, so for 3 days I was call and text and FB messaging him with no reply.

I, then, decided to contact Customer Service, twice. First time: They say they would launch a complaint against the dealer and get it fix, 2 days later nothing. So I contact them a second time, and told them I don't want this service, 5 days and no internet. Customer "Service" was rude, told me it was irrelevant, and if I cancel I will have to pay a 350 EFT. I asked, "Why? I never had service." Then they disconnected.

Day 7, tried Customer Service again, said I need a work order and I HAD TO CALL THE DEALER and give me one, said she would credit my bill (she didn't). Contacted the dealer, no answer, left a voicemail with the work order. He text me a day later, said he was come Saturday. It's Monday... no internet still. So I'm messaging him on FB and text, no reply. But he posted on Facebook, 5 minutes later, about a special promotion he is running for internet.

This company is the worst of the worst to ever go to!!! They will get you into a 24 month contract without you even knowing and when you try to cancel they will take out 150 dollars from your account and try to get you with 300 dollars for early cancellation fee!!! And even if you report it to your bank they will obtain your new debit card information and get the money without you knowing!!! Watch out with this company everyone. I sadly had to find out the hard way!!! They took out our Christmas money we had to buy our children gifts!!! I really hope somebody can do something about them!!!

Had service for over 2 years, was continually not able to get online, would call and they would want to charge $90 for a technical representative. Spoke with them over the phone for hours with no resolution, never asked for a credit. Now I was lied to by their representative about getting a refund. I was never contacted by their corporate office and told I was denied, and after the denial a representative told me I would still receive the refund on my next billing date. Was told tonight by a very rude supervisor that they don't have to notify me of their decision, and they apologizes for misinformation on their part, but it wasn't their problem.

Wild Blue Satellite Broadband Company Profile