1.14/5
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

718 Exede Satellite Internet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I live out in the country and don’t have many choices. But I wish I would of chose a different company. I have been getting slow speeds of 5 during non "peak" hours and lucky if I am getting 1 download during their "peak" hours. It is slow more often than it isn’t. You have to spend literal hours on the phone with these people and they still do nothing. Literally the worst company I have had in 15 years of having internet... When they say you are getting 12 or 25 download they mean "up to". Make sure you read the fine print people!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I live in a rural area and chose Viasat as it is my only option. I've had this service for less than 3 weeks and it simply will not function. When I contacted the rep he advised it would be perfect for Sling TV. I've had more problems than I can even add to this review from day one. First, they had my name completely incorrect as the account holder, however they charged my credit card. The tech spent 5 hours installing the equipment and it would not connect. After hours, days, multiple tickets opened, another tech coming out, still no connectivity. The product will not work! I have another ticket opened with corporate but was instructed to call Customer Service back even though the ticket is escalated. The rep won't even give a last name or an extension. I shouldn't be held under contract for false advertising. It's all a sham and I wish I could rate zero stars.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have been a customer of Exede for around 3 years. We have had the Ten GB use and during the 3 years I started noticing discrepancies in the usage. To see what I was missing I upped my monthly Exede usage to 50 GB. I started viewing my Netflix shows, at first one a day, then more, then the whole evening. One week into the 50 GB plan I noticed that the plan was deducting 1 GB a day whether I watched one show on Netflix or enjoyed the whole evening of Netflix viewing.

This just seemed wrong to me, so I decided to look for another service. A tower that is only 4 miles away from our house offered the 50 GB service for a fraction of the cost. It is locally based and I don't need to phone halfway across the county for a service or human to talk to. I hope I don't experience some of the Horror stories I have read from People that have tried to return their equipment and shut down Exede. If I could I would have the Government's Weights and Measures agency check on the truth of the gigabytes used by the consumers using Exede, as I do not think it is accurate or honest. I feel Exede customers should be getting more for their money, not just a come on with hollow promises.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Viasat says they are unlimited but will prioritize you behind others if you run over a predetermined amount of data. Because they just came out with a new satellite, I was told that would not happen for 2 years or so by their local dealer and should maintain near the advertised speeds of 12 Mbps. Once installed though, this became quickly apparent that this was not the case. I immediately found out that I was lucky to get 1 mbps for a majority of the day, only experiencing speeds above 3 mbps in the early morning and sometimes into the early afternoon. I called almost every day and even though the tech support people admit my speeds are not as advertised, they refused to let me out of my contract without a huge fee. This is despite the fact that I have had it less than 3 weeks.

Exede Satellite Internet response

Hello Russell, Please send an email to the Viasat Corporate Social Media Team at viasatlistens@viasat.com. Allow the opportunity to review your account. Thank You Diana

Original review: June 17, 2018

I am very unhappy with the services of Viasat/Exede satellite internet company. I have a campsite in a remote area of upstate N.Y. and decided to sign up for TV and internet services last summer, since we planned to live that 6 months out of each year after my husband and I retired. The only option available in our area was DirecTV, and to get internet I had to bundle with Viasat Exede. Initially, the DirecTV agent explained that I could get an internet service with DirecTV's partner, Exede, for about $25.00. I thought that was a good deal so I agreed. The plan for $25.00 had such limited GB's that we used up all our data in about 2 weeks. We added additional data which bumped our bill up to over $55.00. We left our camp after about 5 months to return to our primary residence in FL.

I had to agree to a $26.00 monthly charge since, unknowingly, there was a minimum 2 year contract involved. I was not told this by the sales agent, and did not read the contract I signed as careful as I should have (my bad). Exede did allow the account to be suspended when we left N.Y. but only for 180 days. Circumstances occurred that we were not able to return to our summer camp this year and now we are stuck with a monthly bill of $76.78 for a service we are not using! We lost the small discount we were getting by bundling with DirecTV. (DTV did kindly extend our suspension for an additional 12 months).

Our only options now are to pay the $76.78 per month (according to Exede that is the least expensive plan available) or cancel and pay $15.00 a month for the remaining 11 months on our contract. So we might be able to go to our camp for a week at a time, once or twice, over the next 11 months, but we will not have any internet because the most cost effective way I can get rid of this company is to pay the cancellation fee of $165.00 (plus all the months I invested the 26.45 per month for 6 months to keep a service we didn't use - a total of 158.70). It will cost me, when all is said and done, an additional $323.70 (besides the 432.72 paid while using the service) to get out of this miserable contract with this greedy company! Bottom line, it cost $756.42 to get internet from Exede which we only actually used for 5 months!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I called the 800 number listed on their website. I spoke with young man named John who said he was working at the call center in Utah. At first he was very professional but toward the middle of our conversation when I told him I wanted to discuss the plan w/ my husband, John turned very passive aggressive toward me and it got uncomfortable. He proceeded to tell me that it was stupid to consult with my hubby and that if I were an independent thinker, I wouldn't need his permission. I couldn't believe he said that to me. Then he proceeded to tell me that it cost him $60.00 just to answer my phone call and that he made more money than I did. At that point I hung up. I am still in disbelief that they have this guy answering the phones and allow him to speak to consumers that way. NO way in hell I will give this company a dime!!!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2018

Ordered their service over a month ago. The first installation was canceled because they were waiting on new routers. I finally called them about the installation 2 weeks later and canceled their phone package and was going to cancel their internet as well when I was told, "Please don't. We can give you an extra $ 10.00 a month off your bill for 6 months." The service was installed on June 5 2018. I called today to ask why I am being charged $ 70.22. They inform me it's because I have their voice package - the one I canceled over 2 weeks ago. I don't even have a phone number for it. I made it clear when the Technician came out that I had canceled it and he agreed that it was not on his installation.

Today I am informed that I do have it and have to pay another $ 50.00 to cancel it. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I worked for a company that has had WildBlue which was a good service until it became Exede and now Viasat. Now if I want to cancel their service it will cost me another 300.00. Then when I call they ask for a phone number I used when I called for service and they can't even locate me. But they located my bank account without a problem. The 12gb that you pay for is used up just by turning on a computer and very slow. I will never recommend this company to anyone again.

Exede Satellite Internet response

Dawn, We would like to offer our deepest apologies for the trouble you had to experience with Viasat. This situation is not ordinary and these incidents are not typical of us. Please send an email to our Corporate Viasat Social Media team at viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Diana

Original review: June 8, 2018

With all of the negative reviews, I thought I needed to voice my views. I had my new ViaSat internet system installed and what a difference! I went from 9 Mbps on my HughesNet Gen 5 to over 60 Mbps with my new ViaSat. Service/installation was great! I'm VERY pleased!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

We signed up for Wildblue satellite internet several years ago and paid $300 for the dish, receiver and installation and it was even worse or as bad as dial-up. Never again. They made us sign a one yr contract and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Satellite internet is a last resort if you absolutely cannot get anything else.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We've had the same Satellite Internet service for over 10 yrs... Which is now Excede / Viasat. About 6 months ago we started having a "drifting" of the service connection. This is very different from the usual type of loss of signal that happens occasionally due to weather or just happens. The problem we are having is a momentary loss of connection. A very brief few seconds that creates a significant problem in my workflow since I have to reconnect each time. AND the other issue is the increased data usage since each time the multiple tabs I have open need to reload. This ends up doubling or triple our data usage. (I need to interject here that this is a second home and we have internet at our primary residence also and I can easily compare our data usage) We have worked with the company for over 6 months to resolve the issue.

So frustrating to get past their "script" even to the point they tell us they cannot help us if we don't allow them to go through the same steps that have been eliminated as the problem. So the long multi step problem resolution journey recommended by the company included repeated signal checking, replacing the modem (twice), checking wiring, getting a new computer, and one last very long thorough service call to fully check out the system... There is no problem at our end. As the service tech said "the problem is at their end". Spent a long hour speaking to the company yesterday and after going over the problem in detailed and the service rep reviewing their account notes...

I was told it was probably due to "internet traffic". Sigh! At least I got an admission that the problem isn't at our end---- that only took 6+ months. According to the service rep, nothing can be done, we just have to live with the problem. Really? This means we will be continuing to pay for excessive data usage this problem causes.

Of course what incentive does the company have to resolve the issue? How many other customers are having this same problem? One additional interesting fact. "Our problem" only started after the company started using a new satellite. Coincidence? Normally I wouldn't think this way, but I can't help but wonder if there is a problem with this new satellite the company won't admit and suddenly their sales (and profits) are increased. It sounds like a good problem for the company... Bad problem for the end user. I have requested the company resolve the problem and give me a refund for the increased data usage costs. Any bets on how they will respond?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the services offered by Viasat/Exede. We should have picked up on the red flags in the beginning - first we received a call cancelling our originally scheduled appointment because they did not receive a delivery of routers but we allowed the order to remain in place. Finally two business days after the original install a service technician arrived at our home NOT within the timeframe we were advised but at 5:30 PM very nonchalant. When we questioned him on why he was so late he stated his work order said between 12:00 PM and 7:00 PM.

During the install he told us that although we purchased a high speed internet the maximum speed we would receive is 12 - 15 because there were no fiber optic lines as we were advised but rather cooper lines. Yes, this from THEIR technician undercut the company. Also, the "female assistant" that was with the tech asked to use the restroom AND charge her iPad. Once the tech was finally finished it was AFTER 9:15 PM.

NEVER have we experienced such POOR professionalism we immediately called Viasat to cancel the service, explaining that we would have to pay a TWO YEAR early cancellation fee of three hundred plus dollars. I advised that it was solely due to their lack of professionalism and service quality that made us apprehensive enough to not want to do business with them. Then I requested that my family be compensated for the emotional distress by their technician. After an extended time on the phone and not being able to speak with a Supervisor I was advised that the Supervisor would waive the early term fees... gee thanks.

Sadly our family is back at square one with searching for an Internet provider and now one who will be honestly out fiber optic and copper lines - go figure.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2018

Their equipment failed. They were adamant that installer would need to check it out and that it would cost $125. I told them that a professional computer tech had already looked at it and confirmed that the equipment was fried. I asked Exede to just send a new one. They refused to... My service at that point had been down 2 months. I called again for about the 6th time and asked them to contact and send their serviceman. I never heard from him. I wanted my service to be severed and to be reimbursed, they said my case would have to be reviewed. I waited for a month, and heard nothing... I called again and was told my request had been denied. These people are nothing more than crooks. The service was down repeatedly, and non-existent when it rained. Be warned... Do not deal with this company.

Exede Satellite Internet response

Hello James, I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to get a service call to replace your equipment. We can help you get this done. Please send an email to Corporate Social Media at viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Thanks, Diana

Original review: May 14, 2018

Was told on the phone by a salesperson when their new satellite was operation in March 2018 I could get speeds of 25 to 50 mb in my area. First few months before May I was getting 6 to 8 mb, so I didn't use the service until well after March, I called and asked for a fast plan, for an increase if month charge they upgraded me, last week I checked the speed at 6 mb, today I checked the speed at 8 mb... Where is the 25 to 50 I was told I could get in my area??? I cancelled my service, with all the fees I paid over $600 to try their service, which was nothing like they said it would. When they talk about speeds they say "you can get up to".

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have been using WildBlue for the past close to 14 years. For the first 13 it was really really good, I was able to go through nursing school. I was able to do work for my company over the internet for about 5 years, now over this last year I'm gone from home during the weekdays working out of town and not even being there. My elderly wife is here who basically download books to read on a Kindle and does a little bit of Surfing for shopping and banking on our desktop. She can't even do that anymore because it's slowed down so much, they're saying that we're using all the data that's available to us and going past their Fair Practices Act which is complete **.

Nobody can steal internet from us. Our nearest neighbors a mile away. If anybody came even close enough to the home to get it off our Wi-Fi they would not be a very happy camper. Somehow a while back they had a program that showed your current rolling data usage expect you to accept what they say you used. There is no way. If I find out this is some type of fraud they've committed I just might see about having a class action suit brought against them as well as the FCC finding them and shutting them down.

Exede Satellite Internet response
Hi Jim, I am very sorry about the difficulty you encountered recently. Our greatest desire is to ensure our customers are satisfied at all levels and find the most suitable way to fix problems without delay. Please send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. We will review your account a figure out what is causing your total data usage.

We appreciate your loyalty as a customer and will do all we can to fix your issue. Diana

Original review: May 13, 2018

This company will lie and tell you that with Frontier you were only using 12 gigabytes so they will start you with 14. I ask how they knew how many gigabytes I was using. "You can find out on the internet" is what I was told. I am 61 years old so I barely know how to check my emails so I believed them. So as soon as the dish is installed they ask you to sign the two year contract and they leave. It works but when you go to watch a movie on Netflix the next day I called because I could not watch another movie on Netflix. They told me I used all my data up on the first movie and I could only watch one movie a month on Netflix for 86 dollars a month and they get your credit card information for the 29 dollar installation. I canceled in less than 3 weeks which all so are charged a month in advance. Then they took the balance of the 2 year price out of my account. They are a rip off company.

Original review: May 12, 2018

SUPERVISOR: BRIAN - BADGE **, CALL RECORDING ID: ** CALL LENGTH 2-Hours, 45-Minutes. I would recommend listening to it VIASAT! Look at Everyone else's reviews as well!!! This company subcontracts everything, and does not care about their customer service, subcontractor safety and honesty. After 2 months of service, I have only had internet service for less than 10 days.

The first installer (South Sound Satellite) the guy fell off my second story roof onto my first story porch roof and damaged my rain gutter after I repeatedly told him not to access my roof from that location and that there was a more safe location. Luckily not hurt, the guy finished the job, but utilized all old components from a previous installation (except for the dish and modem). All the coax cables, grounds, ground brackets, etc. were existing. Within the week my cable went out. After multiple visits the installing subcontractor (South Sound Satellite) keeps telling Viasat that all of the components are new and replaced, and that my poor service is due to "Electrical Issues".

The day of my 3rd service request through Viasat I get a call from Travis with "South Sound Satellite" who tells me he does not have any technicians available and we need to reschedule for 2 days later. I tell him that is unacceptable, and Viasat told me that they would service the issue today. He stated "well they are wrong, and don't pay attention to our schedules, and since this is a non-paying service call I will not ask my techs to reschedule their day because they are all subcontractors themselves".

I told Travis that this was very unprofessional and that my agreement is with Viasat, I don't care who services my call I just want my internet working after 2 months of no service. I immediately call Viasat to inform them of the conversation I just had to have with their subcontractor/technician/dealer, and was informed that there would be a technician at my house the next morning. This never happened. I get a call that night at 9:30 PM from South Sound Satellite (Joe) to discuss my installation schedule now for the next day. I called the technician back the next morning at 7:15 AM with no answer and left a message. 8:00 AM I get a call from Travis with South Sound Satellite explaining that he cannot get a hold of Joe (His employee) and that Joe (sorry to hear about your accident Joe, and I hope your OK) fell off a ladder the previous day, and Travis doesn't know if he is "OK" as he can't get a hold of Joe.

He then asks if "I hear from Joe first would you please tell him to call me to check in". What a JIPPO OPERATION!!! WHO DOESN'T know what is going on with their own employees, and asks the customer to check in for them?!? He then tells me that my appointment is going to have to be moved from 8 AM to 12 PM to 3 PM. I immediately call Viasat, and ask to have my service technicians changed as I do not feel comfortable with these South Sound Satellite guys on my property. Viasat informs me that if I request a dealer change it would be another 3-5 business day "per policy". I ask to speak to a supervisor, and was told it would be in 48-hours.

So I called back at 12 PM that day. Immediately asked for a supervisor, and I was connected with BRIAN (incredible patience). I expressed that I would like to cancel my service because of the horrible experience so far, and lack of service for the past 2 months. He informed me that I could do that but it would be just under $500 to cancel my service. I expressed my disgust that he wanted to charge me, regardless the fact that it was their poor service that is the result of my cancellation. So, after determining that I did not want to spend $500 (BUNCH OF CROOKS), and being told that BRIAN the call center guy from Mexico does not have a supervisor I decided I would keep BRIAN on the phone.

I am going to waste as much of VIASAT's time as they were mine. In that time, we 3-way called SOUTH SOUND SATELLITE to check on their ETA, of which they hung up on us (their own customer service haha way to go TONY... the brass ###). Even on the phone SOUTH SOUND SATELLITE said they would be there by 2:30, and they still didn't show up until 2:45. So Brian stayed on the phone with me until 2:45 just as I explained to him would happen. Matt from South Sound Satellite got the internet up, and running.

The existing coax cables were corroded. He said it was due to electrolysis, and a faulty current. I say it is because the coax is over 10 years old from the previous installation. Attached Picture shows the old coax on the dish side going up my house, and new coax on low side. The High side was corroded at the ground block, and the ground lug was loose, and replaced by Matt on the dish. All of this was falsified in the first install report when the guys used the old coax vs. new. In the picture you can see where the old Coax entered the house above-right of the telephone splice box.

Anyway's it is hopefully resolved now, with exception to the damaged rain gutter from my first installation. So I get a call today as a follow up to the service on Wednesday. I expressed my same frustration with their customer service, and the fact that I am paying Viasat, and have to be a middleman between them and their subcontractor. I inquire about my damage claim about the rain gutter. The lady re-activates the claim as it has not been dealt with. She says the technician "South Sound Satellite" will have to evaluate the claim as it is their responsibility, and I should be getting a call within a week.

Guess who calls... my boy TRAVIS with SOUTH SOUND SATELLITE! Starts out the conversation by stating "why is it that you are the only one with all these issues, and now I am seeing you have a damage claim for a rain gutter". I inform Mr. Travis that the claim has been present since my first service, and that VIASAT was the one who called me to check on my sanctification. I merely inquired about the status of the claim. Travis then proceeds to tell me that he has already talked to all three of his technicians, and all of them said they never fell off my roof, and none of them used a ladder for my services.

I then lost it, with a few cuss words, I asked him if he was calling me a liar. He says "I never said that", and I pointed out that he was alluding to it. I told him that I would rather not deal with him or his company on this, and that I am paying Viasat, but Viasat says SOUTH SOUND SATELLITE are the only ones to get this matter resolved. He then tells that he does not want to deal with me either, and can't wait to have my dealer changed so he doesn't have to deal with me and hung up on me.

The most rude, unprofessional, people I have ever dealt with. The worst of all, attacking my integrity, and calling me, a customer, a liar. I'm a contractor, and I deal with jerks all day long, but I cannot imagine some little old lady having to get the run around from these guys. Real Class acts Viasat. It's a good thing you have $500 cancellation policies, otherwise everyone in South Puget Sound would be canceling their service, and I am still waiting for my gutter to be fixed.

Original review: May 11, 2018

In the last month I have only been able to access my internet four times. I have been on the phone five times with technical support. The fourth actually pinpointed the problem and it is due to internet traffic. My problem is that if you can't keep up with the demand then you don't take on the demand and charge customers for a service you can't properly supply.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Satellite from this company is awful. Can't even stream Facebook or YouTube. They say you'll > 12mbps, no way, closer to 1mbps. If it is a light shower -- no internet. Expensive@ $80+ bucks for month. And they have a limit of 12 gb/month of data. A horrible service. They are not Exede now Viasat satellite.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had signed up with Viasat because they advertised a set per month payment with no data cap. I just looked at my bank statement and my bill has gone up to $86. Where is the set per month bill? The service has slowed down tremendously. Pissed off customer.

Original review: May 8, 2018

So we live in a small town with slow internet. Our contract was up with Century Link. We called around for internet with most places not servicing our area. DirecTV recommended Viasat for us. We told DirecTV and Viasat that we wanted the Internet so we could play on Xbox Live. They said it would work great for video games. That was the first lie. Then they lied about the price. So since we can't use the Internet for video games and they lied about the price we tried to cancel. We tried to cancel 2 days after we got this service and they would do it for around $500. Extremely poor customer service and they lie. This company is a complete scam and should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I hope this review keeps someone from getting caught up in this scam.

Exede Satellite Internet response

I understand your frustration and would like to have the opportunity to correct it. Please send an email to the Corporate Social Media Team at viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Diana

Original review: May 7, 2018

Was never given customer agreement. The installer never checked for quality. Next day internet started cutting out sometimes for 5 to 10 minutes other times for hours. Called customer support. The first person said he could help me with the speed of my internet which is also slow. Told him I can deal with the slow speed for now just need it to be dependable so he then transferred me to another person who spoke broken English at best and somehow the call got dropped but they never bothered to call back so I called again. Same thing. Transferred to someone who spoke even worse broken English and call was dropped before resolving any issues.

The plan I have cost 100 USD per month and is the slowest and most expensive I have ever had. I have had it for 2 weeks now and I already used my data. I am not even a gamer. I do watch movies and do online trading that is about it. I beg anyone reading this stay away. Once they have you they are terrible to deal with. I am completely unsatisfied with this company but after reading their agreement I am not sure I can get out of this. Am only hope I hurt their business more than they make from me. It is a company that needs to go out of business. I plan on going on Twitter and all the social media I can think of to expose them. I have many more complaints but at this time I feel this article is already too long

Updated on 05/16/2018: This is the 3rd time I am writing a review. I did get a response. I did get 1 reply the second letter I wrote to you and sent it private. I felt I should give you this professional courtesy. I see now that was a mistake. I have read over 200 hundred comments on your company and none of them good so from now on my letters to you will be public and I will post all I write to you on all social media to get the word out on what kind of a company you are. I will also be contacting the BBB in my state and give them all of my information. This could have been so simple. All I asked for was a cancelation of my internet since you was not upfront with me the consumer. Never letting a person read your terms and then finding out that your internet is unreliable and very slow are just a few of the many problems your company.

All of which I addressed in my other letters to you so my only recourse at this time is to get the word out on all that you don't tell the consumer upfront and contact the BBB and other media as to let everyone thinking of signing with you is well informed. You should also tell people that when you sign that you have no support that it is all online and it so hard to get that information. When you do get ahold of someone to talk to their English is so bad that you can't understand where they are directing you to go and then you also seem to have many calls that are dropped and none in your company cares to ever call back.

It takes hours to sift through all of your carefully worded contract that is never given to you even verbal because you know if the consumer knew they would never agree with such terrible service and customer service. I hope everyone that reads this also takes time to read some of the other comments. There is so many bad things with this company. It is better to not have any service than this company.

Exede Satellite Internet response
Hi Mike, I would like to start off by apologizing for any misinformation you received. Viasat is a paperless company. If you would like a paper copy, we can certainly provide that to you. Send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information.

I would also like to take a look at your account and figure what is causing your slow speeds to see what we can do to correct it. Diana

Original review: May 3, 2018

Unfortunately, Exede/Viasat is the only internet provider in the area of WA where service is needed. I was told the cost would be $30/month. Then a bill came stating the fee is $50/mo PLUS $9.99/mo for leasing equipment!!! When I phoned, the Rep told me the original amount was for a 90-day promo. That was NEVER told to me. Now, when I tell them that the service is NOT what I expected, too slow, etc. the response is ridiculous. I can either keep the service at their mercy OR disconnect and pay the entire 2-year contract. HOLY CRAP. Be wary of this company if you can get by without them. RIPOFF on a grand scale. No help from a "supervisor" either.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I got Exede (now ViaSat) and in the first month we had issues, we are not but 7 miles outside of a city and this was the best internet option in early 2017. They have no real tech support in terms of people to come out and diagnose your equipment. They have to rely on the installers and the ones in our area are questionable at best. It could take up to two weeks to get someone out if the satellite goes out of alignment. This happened a few times in the last year. Now that ViaSat owns them all they do is try to up-sell you on more crappy service that does not work while "troubleshooting" your router. The same problem exists in terms of response time and quality of service from subcontracted service techs.

When the satellite worked, it worked but the data plans you get are very limited even though they now sell unlimited data. My in-laws have AT&T wireless puck that is unlimited and live further out in the country and can stream Video 24-hrs a day 7-days a week. I have canceled my contract with them right before my next bill was due after having the internet down for a month. I am switching to a Sprint Mobile unlimited Data plan for the house and I could not be more happier seeing my phone gets 4G LTE in the house. No problem and now my entire house will get it as well. Ditch Satellite idea if you can get 4G LTE service in your area. Go for a wireless puck option or in-house setup instead. Far easier to setup and you have real-time support without the continuous up-sell while your internet isn't working. Check out https://www.evdodepotusa.com/. I got everything for much less than the satellite and a 10-day trial period if it does not work fully refundable.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Service would put on Vacation mode last year. Reason was because gone a lot and it often went down and I constantly had to use my phone data to get on computer. I called Wild Blue and they wanted to charge to send someone out because their service wasn't working. Anyway, I finally just cancelled all the way, got ladder and got on roof, boxed all their crap up and sent it back. Anyway, I got a bill for $27.10 because they took me off vacation and put me on liberty plan without notifying me. Anyway, long story short, their internet is not reliable and it's a hassle.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have never done this before, but we are experiencing such an extreme case of poor service that I feel I must spread the word. Please share as far and as wide as you are willing to share. Here you go: Whatever you do, do not sign up for internet service with Viasat/Exede/Wild Blue. Even if you live in a rural area and need internet service, find a different option. I know Hughes Net is out there -- they cannot possibly be worse than the Viasat companies I listed above.

First off, the service itself fails miserably and daily. And making matters worse, they have the worst customer service I have ever encountered in any business. On top of all that, this is one of these companies where it is impossible to get an escalation up to someone who might possibly be in a position to help... The first responders will simply NOT allow you to talk to anyone else. They just hang up on you rather than escalate. Call again, get a different person, get the same result. I pay over $160/month for INTERNET ONLY. And most days, it barely works. I have been far, far too patient.

Original review: April 9, 2018

ViaSat formerly Exede and WildBlue internet services is a communications company that provide satellite internet services. The agent that I spoke to that sold me the package that I ended up buying stated that if I decided to cancel my service there would be no disconnect fee. Long story short after months of getting the runaround from representatives when I tried to cancel service I ultimately ended up paying almost $500 just to stop having any affiliation with this company. If you are a subscriber to this service expect to pay dearly for less than mediocre connection. They are going to assure you that this is fast enough to play online video games but I promise you it may be fast enough to run love action at all. Ultimately I do not recommend this company. I have found them to be liars and crooks but apparently I'm not the only one.

Original review: April 5, 2018

This is the worst internet company that I have ever worked with. They are money hungry jerks that do not care about their customers whatsoever. They do not provide the promised service and will not refund for the service that is not provided. When you are finally tired of them charging you for not providing internet, they load on unwaivable disconnect fees after it has already been disconnected. This is the biggest SCAM. DO NOT FALL FOR IT, especially if you live in a rural area.

Original review: March 29, 2018

The company cuts you off at 40, 60 or 100 Gig. The speed is never supposed to fall below 5 even after you hit mad Gig. This is a lie. I hit my Max and I am only connecting at .23. Call tech support and they give you a complete runaround. Then try to sell you more data. A complete scam but I am now under a 2 year contract or pay up. Not recommended service for anybody. I live in the country and have 2 choices. 3 MBPS through CenturyLink or this one.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I recently moved to Florida and was offered WiFi from Viasat, poorest service I have ever had, can't watch a movie or anything without it buffering, Netflix, YouTube, all buffers. Called the company, they are rude and said if I want to get out of their service it will be $360.00. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

My Exede monthly bill is $65.79. On Mar. 5th they deducted 65.79 four times. As of today they have not refunded MY money as requested, and won't give me a straight answer when it will refunded. This is the 2nd time in 6 months that this has happened. Very dishonest company.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information