Formerly named Exede

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Viasat Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

I did not even get a chance to try Viasat/Exede because they will not tell you about their service until you give them all of your personal info. I understand they need your address, but when they wanted my birth date and last four of my social security number, I said no, just tell me about your service. Skyler, their 'customer service agent', hung up.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Not what they promised. I switched from Hughesnet to Viasat about 6 months ago. They are the only two providers in the remote area where I live. They seemed great at first. Service didn't go out during storms. They had unlimited Data. However as time went on and more people are at home now. There unlimited Data isn't really unlimited. After so many Gigs they bump you to the bottom and your service shows way down. This is the same thing HughesNet was doing only they were upfront about it. Also their service is about $56 less than Viasat. I called to ask about it. Their explanation is "well it is unlimited. We don't charge you for it??". I'm switching back. I suggest you Don't waste your time.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Sold my house on March 9, 2020. Called Viasat on March 2020 to cancel service and request a final bill. It's May 5, 2020 and I've made two more requests for a final bill. I still have no bill, but they are telling me that I am still responsible for paying internet service past March 9, because they didn't cancel when I requested. Getting harassment calls from Southwest Credit, but I have yet to get a bill, either in the mail (USPS) or in email. This would have been resolved if they would have done what I keep asking them to do since March 9. Hey Viasat, "Stop harassing me and send me a final bill."

Original review: April 24, 2020

I called to ask about pricing, and I got a hold of a man named Scott who was very kind. However, I found out that the cost of the Silver plan for my area was the same price as the gold plan. So instead of paying the cost they advertise for silver they are charging the gold price. The service is the same. I couldn't make the decision right then, but after much thought it was the only option I had with unlimited data and I was working from home due to COVID. I call back to sign up and I get the rudest person in customer service. He told me I had to pay for router and dish which is a monthly cost of $10. I told the man I had a dish that was theirs and he said, "You have to get a new one." I told him I had a router and he firmly and raised his voice and said "Ma'am there is no way to get out of this fee!" "Well sir then you need to advertise the correct cost from the beginning."

This started out to be $100 and then the cost went from $150 to $160 a month and actually ended up being $172. Now again since I had no other option I had to move forward. Day 1 with this service was terrible. It didn't work. I called their IT department who tried to help me for about 30 minutes and then would not listen to anything I was trying to tell him, and insisted that it was my job's fault that the internet was only going to 7mbps. I wasn't even on my job's computer. I was on my personal laptop. After much frustration of this argument I got off the phone.

The next day it was slow but not worth the frustration of trying to call and talk to ANYONE for help there. Now it's been almost a month and our data hit 100 and BOOM we are now slowed down to ONE MBPS. 1. In fact with my speed test it was less than 1. I am paying $172 a month to have my internet slow down to less than 1 MBPS. RIDICULOUS! My husband called to ask them to look into it and they said, "Yes you are over 100 in data so you will be slowed down to 1-5 MBPS." This company is a scam and they know they can get away with this garbage because they are the only company with "unlimited data". The absolute moment I find something better I am canceling this service. It is worth the early termination fee.

Original review: April 19, 2020

The internet service is up ONLY half the time. We run a online business and they told us we would never have any issues. Most of the time we do not have internet. We may have 15 to 16 good days & the rest of the time there is an error telling us to contact our ISP due to slow speed. So most of the time we are watching a circle go around & around waiting for a connection. When you call them they tell you that you are over your cap but we pay for unlimited for business so there should be no issue. Not so and this is just a waste of our money. As soon as we find another provider for our area we are done with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: April 18, 2020

Not only is the customer service at this company horrible, but they are liars and thieves. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for service. Internet was slow no matter which service plan I tried. Every time I called customer service with a question, I would get a different answer. I ended up canceling my service before the 24-month minimum contract. Not only did I have to pay $15 per month for the remaining months, they also charged my credit card an additional $350 for not returning the satellite dish on top of my roof within 30 days. They are crooks, please do yourself a favor and stay far away!

Original review: April 14, 2020

We live in a rural area. Cable is not an option here. We chose to give Viasat a try. We started with the Bronze package. The internet service was better than what he had previously, achieving speeds much higher than we had ever seen. We thought we had hit the jackpot. Then we started to notice that everything slowed down drastically in the evening, to the point that we could not even stream a movie with no other devices in use. They were “prioritizing” other users who had chosen a more expensive plan during “prime usage” time. So we decided to bite the bullet and splurge for the silver package. Speeds were even faster, pictures better quality....

But we get to about 20 out of the 30 days and we are right back where we started. We can’t even stream a movie on one device with WiFi turned off on all other devices. So what we are actually paying for is to use up our allowance faster and still end up with 10-12 days where we can barely scroll Facebook, let alone watch a movie. Seems to me that if you’re paying $115/month for internet you should be able to...at the very least...watch a movie every day. It’s not like we stream movie after movie for those first 20 days. We aren’t even using the internet all day, because nobody is home using it during the day. I would not recommend this provider unless you only need the internet for 18-20 days out of the month, preferably not in the evenings.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I was contacted from this # to confirm my installation for DirecTV scheduled for today. 256-667-5053. When the gentlemen confirmed appt he asked about setting up the Viasat and bundling the service. As I had been trying to do that already I agreed. I was quoted a discounted price of 130.00 for first 3 months and then 150.00 after that for an unlimited package.

I was told after running my credit that there would be a 60.00 refundable fee and another 300.00 for equipment. The guy told me that the 60.00 would be due today and gave me this number(1-844-702-3199) to set up an installment agreement that would be added to my bill monthly for the 300.00. I asked if they could just place the refunded 60.00 fee towards the installment agreement instead of returning it to me, to which he agreed. I even asked him to clarify that only 60.00 would be coming out of my acct. today and he stated yes only the 60.00. I wrote down every detail of call and all the confirmation info. After getting off the phone and checking my acct there was no 60.00 charge made but there was a 300.00 charge that I did not authorize. He fraudulently lied to get access to my bank acct. Now speaking to them I still have not been given what was relayed to me and what I agreed upon.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

If I could give zero stars I would but that's not an option. This company charges a lot for the worst service I have ever had. I have repeatedly called customer service. Nothing ever gets fixed. In fact it has gotten repeatedly worse. Please everyone beware. This company is terrible.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

They Suck. They steal. If you cancel one day after the payment goes through they keep YOUR money. Even tho you didn't use the internet. They are thieves. Crooks. And they hang up on you so they don't have to tell your kids how they stole their grocery money. I know. It was low of me to make them talk to the kids. But hey. If they can be rude so can I.

Viasat Company Information