1.11/5
Based on 101 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

737 Exede Satellite Internet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We've had this internet service for about a year. They clearly take advantage of those (us) who don't have access to more reasonably priced and reliable service due to location! Should the wind blow wrong our service goes out... And be prepared for the "unlimited" data to run out around 3 weeks into the month... And don't expect any help from customer service (which I'm pretty sure are not even legitimate reps)! And you get ALL this for the ridiculous price of $166.00 per month!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I have been dealing with your company for a week Acct # **. They have no customer service training. The techs and their supervisors never respond to customer calls. For the last two days I have probably contacted your office 12 times or more. Each call I was advised a message had been sent to the tech and the supervisor and one of them would call me within minutes.

Yes, as you guessed, late Friday I was told that the tech fell off of his ladder at home and he never came in. Why did I wait all day to be told this? Last night at about 6PM NM time, I was finally told by a supervisor that it had been a bad day. Please note that no one ever apologized to me! Can you really say this is a customer service-oriented company? Well today I got the day off. Despite your report left at my home announces “SERVICE GUARANTEED WITHIN 24 HOURS” your staff cannot get a tech TO ME UNTIL MONDAY! Just what was the Guarantee for? I apologize for my attitude but how would you feel if you were me? Now let’s see how long it takes to get a response from you. exedepr@viasat.com. OH, by the way, maybe DirecTV will be contacting you.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2018

By far the worst internet service I have ever witnessed. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone at all!!! When we got this internet we were not aware of a 2 year contract at all. The guy came. Set everything up. I signed on the line then they proceed to tell me that it’s a two year contract so the guy left. The people we talked to about getting their service on the phone Never mentioned a 2 year contract.

So tonight I call to cancel our terrible internet which we should have never got, we live on company land and they are tearing our house down to expand. I explain to them that their service sucks and what is happening with their living situation. They put me on hold for an hour then it hangs up on me. So I call back. Go through all their stuff again. Get put on hold for Another 49 min. I talked to this lady who basically accused us of lying saying we knew about the contract when we didn’t! I have never been so angry with a company. The people I talked to were rude except the first man who was actually nice. Now we are screwed into a 280 dollar bill for service we aren’t even going to have. Completely absurd. Most companies are willing to work with you and I don’t know be Human.

Terrible internet to match the terribly rude inconsiderate people that work for them. Like I’ve said a million times before Worst internet ever. Can’t stream anything on it besides Netflix. Can’t watch Hulu. Have more than one device on it or even play a simple game which they told us we would be able to do all of those thing. I will be calling again tomorrow and speaking to someone higher up because this is ridiculous.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Poor connection mostly when I have run out of high speed data. I have also had poor connectivity when I didn’t run out of high speed data. When I contact them all they really want is me to buy more high speed data but I only need the low speed data. When I do contact them miraculously I get connected but only for a short time. I also pay for equipment repair but they tell me that if their technician cannot find a problem they will charge me a service call. Also miraculously when a technician comes out I am connected before they get here. I am tired of complaining and tired of getting charged when I am not connected. I have high speed only for my granddaughter but tell her when it runs out she has to wait until the next billing period.

I can’t even get a signal for my email and end up using my phone to use my email like now. I am also told I have to pay to disconnect service because I still have 4 or 5 months left on my contract even though they can tell on their end I am not connected. I think they are turning off my connection at their end just to try to get me to buy more high speed or pay for a service call but turn the connection back on before the technician comes out. The system does seem to be connected most of the time when it is a new billing cycle and I have high speed data available. They advertise you will only be slowed down when you are out of high speed data but this is not the experience I have had.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Viasat is a scam. Was sold this pile of garbage through DirecTV. All they did was lie. They let my 14 year old son the contract to set it up because I was home yet... I disputed everything and they assured me I wouldn't be charged... only to find out I was charged 344 today. I am irate. They also drilled through the side of my house to install when they were specifically told not to do so. They assured me the service would be great for online gaming. Total lie. Everything was a lie!!! Don't get this service!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: July 20, 2018

I've been a customer since 11/04/2014. Have never missed a payment or made so much as a late payment. The first two years, my service was decent. Not perfect but it did work 99 percent of the time. My only issues with the company the first two years was "data usage". I would go through data faster than I could even imagine and I do not do any gaming, movies, etc. Addressed this issue with them and it was always resolved IF I purchased more data. Finally changed to their unlimited plan when they came out with it and it have been far worse :(. Now my service is almost non-existent. The reason they told me my service is so bad is because they upgraded to a new satellite and I am not allowed to be connected unless I sign a new two year agreement with them.

My Service from Exede does not work over 3/4 of the time I use it. If and when it does work, it is slower than dial up. I have videos to prove this AND I have screens shots of speed test performed. I have contacted Exede on multiple occasions by phone. They refuse to help. Customer Service is probably the worst I have ever encountered. I tried to cancel this service and they REFUSED unless I "AGREED" to listen to a 5 minute "terms of cancelation and must again "AGREE" to their cancelation terms.

I said NO, was told I "HAD TO" listen or was NOT ALLOWED TO CANCEL and then was hung up on. They charged me again for another month of service I cannot use through no fault of my own. I have gone on their FaceBook page to complain and so have hundreds of others. Each time I do so, my complaints are deleted. They get complaints daily. The internet is exploding with complaints about Exede. I do believe Exede is the worst company I have ever dealt with. How can they continue to get away with this?

Original review: July 18, 2018

Had trouble getting an internet company. I told I could combo my DirecTV and Viasat to get a bundled discount. Promised Viasat would be 80.00 from the sales dept. After install I get a welcome email explaining it was 150 a month after the 3 month promotional rate of 100 a month. I called and said NO. Please remove this. I was told no that I was in a contract for 2 years. If I want to cancel it would be 15 x the number of months left on the contract. But I still owed them 116 for the 1st month. So I waited for the month. During the month I realized they would slow down my 50mbps because they could at any time.

Cancel day comes. I cancelled for the 7th. They were sending a tech out on the 8th to get some little box off the roof. Got a call, tech was in a wreck, "Can I do the 9th." Sure. 9th came and went. Called and was told I cancelled that appt. I didnt cancel and why would I? I have 30 days to return the modem and that thing on the roof or it will be another 600. So I said, "Well get me another appt." Soonest is the 16th. Okay. So I dont want to be charged in case it's late. She offered to take my credit card off file. 16th came and went. Called again and no appt was ever made. The next available is the 30th.

Now I am really angry. That is closest enough to the deadline I wont get this returned. "Sorry ma'am but 30th is it". The man was in a wreck. I said, "Is this your only worker." "Yes ma'am." "Can you extend my return time." "No ma'am." I am not paying 600 more. She offered to take my cc off file. That was suppose to be done last week. Then she reads me a spiel that is there is no card on file. They will not send out a tech and they will submit a small claims for non payment. She told me to climb up and get it. Nope I dont do heights. My kids are young and she said nhe a neighbor. I have no one.

Oh my Goodness I am losing it. No supervisor would talk to me. Then she said she will escalate the tech call. Received a call within a couple hours. A lady scheduled a tech to come out the 18th. 8 to 11 am. Today is the 18th and it is now 1230 and still no tech. I was conned into this service. I was lied to repeatedly and now I am stuck! They have gotten 116 plus 345 and now they are on the step of taking another 600.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been having difficulties with my internet speed when the billing cycle renews. When I call and describe the problem I keep getting told to try things that don’t work. The same things over and over. When I comply and redo the tests that don’t work they try to tell me that my equipment is faulty. I know from previous months experience my equipment is fine. Instead of going through my account notes like a person with minimal intelligence would do to see what the problem was and how it was resolved they keep telling me to check all of my electronic equipment that connects to internet because it is somehow my fault. 3 hours last month and another 3 this morning before I finally convinced the guy to review my account notes and see how they fixed it before. He got it fixed within 10 minutes from his equipment just like I asked to be done 3 hours earlier.

We are in a rural area where we only have satellite internet access. They seem not to care about their customers. All the first lady could tell me is that it is not their problem. She refused to even look at my account to see what I was talking about. It is so frustrating when those who are paid to provide service do as little as possible to help and only try to blame. If only we had more options for Internet I would have left them already! Plus, every time you call in you have to go through an automated phone system that wastes even more of my time. I pay too much for the disservice I get and then they do as little as possible to take care of paying customers.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Viasat was installed two days ago but the speed not checked until I had signed the contract - it did not deliver enough bandwidth to run a smart TV. I was told that I could not cancel the account without paying an early termination fee. This is a complete scam.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Let me start by saying avoid this ISP as if your life depended on it! I was skeptical about using any form of satellite ISP, but was in need of internet after moving to the country. I saw an advertisement for Viasat internet formerly Exede. I did an internet at my other home before the move to the country and saw that according to their site they offered up to 100mbps for my area for 200.00 a month. I got to my new address and they said unfortunately my address only has access to a max of 12mbps for 200.00. I was in need of internet for watching school lectures, which I was assured by their sales staff that I would have no problem doing with their service. And could even stream television up to 720p. I signed up for the service on or around June 23. The install was scheduled for the 25th and that was the earliest anyone could do it which I was fine with.

I get a call the day of the install by the branch responsible for my area informing me they don't have the equipment available to do my install and would have to reschedule for June 29th. After the install was completed, the service guy showed me everything I needed to know. I brought to his attention that the speed was a little low for that kind of money. He said that speed is not guaranteed and may fluctuate. I said, "Okay. Fair enough." On the install day I was getting between 3.8mbps to 4.6mbps. On July 11 my speed was down to 0.96mbps. So I contacted their customer service. We did all the typical troubleshooting but it didn't help. I checked again on the 12th after not being able to load my online banking website and the speed was down to 0.83mbps. So I called to cancel my service.

Not only did they charge the full cost of June's bill even though I only had the service for a little over a day because the install wasn't completed until around 7:00 p.m. they charged me for the full month of July and tried to charge me for the early termination. After complaining about being ripped off they only charged half of the early termination fee. In my opinion after dealing with these charlatans and being taken for over 500.00 for 13.5 days of service before canceling. You would be better off using a cellular hotspot than this Viasat/Exede garbage. Avoid this company for service at all cost! I attached an image of the statement showing the date of installation. Once they hit me for the final bill I'll share the closing obscene charges for the short amount of time with them.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was lied to when told I would have unlimited service and was just told I've exceeded my usage and was the reason for my problems. I would have to wait till the 7/12/18 to get my 60 megabytes back. My bank card has been charged for unlimited service this month already. I'm just so upset about the dishonesty and how They can continue being so unfair and dishonest to their customers who trust them! Tomorrow I'm talking to someone who will give me legal advice on this matter and the amount taken without my consent or permission. Thanks for all the reviews. It'll help me so much. How deceitful and how scamming this company is needs to be stop asap! You'll lose lots of others who I know and will stop using your services because of your lies. All truth here!... Fake reviews. Shame on you for even saying that. Only thing fake here is this company!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Had installer show up late (3:30 instead of 12:00) then decide the work would take three hours and asked if he could come back in the morning. He then canceled the next morning and said he could return 6 days later. The day he canceled we ran out of our data allowance. Consumer service would only give us a $20 credit against the $100 we would have to pay for additional data to get us through to the end of the week. My ability to conduct business was greatly impeded by their data restriction and I was not going to pay an additional $100 due to their installer wanting to go home early.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I recently contracted with Viasat/Exede Satellite Internet company. I am on my 3rd month and had a discount this month for $37. Within 2 days they said I used 17.0 of my 24 GB. I turned all my wifi devices off. And still they are trying to tell me I was using it at 6 am-3 am. I was not home from work at 6 am. I can prove it. Now it is 4 days and my wifi data is 0. Last month we watched the whole series of the Ranch on Netflix and then some and never ran out of data. Plus the guy who sold us the service said we would be able to watch 40 movies a month. Well that never happened. We watched one hr and a half movie and it burned a 4th of the data. I am very disgusted with the reps I talked to. They keep telling me lies and will not fix the problem. I am just puzzled on how you can use all the data when the devices were off?

Original review: June 29, 2018

They lie about the whole Unlimited. It's conditional unlimited. It is unlimited until you reach your bandwidth limit. They lie about the wonderful speeds you can achieve. I personally have NEVER received the speeds they advertise. I personally pay $120.00 A month. JUST for internet service that restricts use after bandwidth limit is met. That is a LOT to pay just for internet that is not bundled with TV/Phone. "What a rip".

Customer care told me they WON'T do anything about the speed issue. They admitted that they have too many people on one beam and it has caused the whole system to slow down to less than DIAL UP. WTF??? Is this legal? How are they allowed to rip people off like this? If I had the choice to choose another company for internet I would. Today My bandwidth was 0.43mbps. Last night was less than that. I am fed up. I can only give 1 star because there are no Negative star values. They deserve -5 stars. Viasat/Exede is a Horrible company.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Internet signal got increasing worse in last year to point I often cannot open even brief emails. They are not honest about the problem. First said I needed more data which I purchased in. It did not help one bit. Then they suggested I add a router. I bought one of the better ones they recommended and it was no help. My computer guy tested their input at the modem and it was in the low 1's. 4 trips by 2 computer guys always with the answer - "it's your lack of signal." Requested service technician on every call but they would never send one...they knew they had no reasonable signal. Called to advise I cancelled their service and was advised the phone wait was 40 minutes. Terrible company.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We have had this internet “service” for 10 days. It has not worked from day 1. If you are sitting next to the modem, you MIGHT be able to connect. If you are in any other part of the house, you can just forget it. When we called customer service, we have been told 2 things: 1... we’ve gone over our data limit (in ONE week)... I should insert here the fact that we have never had a data cap... ever. So we are new to the idea that anything you do on the internet makes it impossible to do anything on the internet.

2... it’s the weather. They can’t do any troubleshooting because the weather is bad... somewhere. If we’ll call back in an hour, the weather might be better. All 3 of the customer service representatives we talked to had the same scripted speech. They kept saying that, “I understand”. No, apparently you do not, because we are trying to tell you this service has been horrible from day one. If we had ANY other choice, we would cancel this even if it meant paying a huge early cancellation fee. But this is the only game in town where we are.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Fraud Alert! Stay away! Found charges on my CC and called to see what this company was. Didn't know they existed and their customer service # doesn't work. The only way I got through is by selecting option "new service" and sure they picked up right away. I was transferred to Customer service and sure enough, It hung up. Fraud Alert!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I live in a rural area and was informed HughesNet was my only internet service provider. Imagine my joy when I spoke to DirecTV and they recommended Viasat. The build-up and guarantees made were so wonderful, especially the promise of faster speed which has been a consistent problem with HughesNet. I did some research - apparently not enough - and was raring to go. I called Viasat, spoke to a wonderfully efficient person who got my information and let me know I would be receiving an email confirming my scheduled install. Lo and behold, I got the email and, in fact, got a follow-up email confirming the account and scheduled install date. Since it was clear I had to be here for the install, I took off work. The install was scheduled between 8 - 11 am. 10:40, no installer. I called since I live in a remote area and was concerned the installer might be lost.

I was told by a gentleman in California that there was no equipment and they were meeting with management to figure out what the problem was. This seemed confusing to me since how could they not have any equipment. I was told the installation would now be from 11 - 2 pm. I received another call saying it was pushed back to 2 - 5. I called back and again was told by the gentleman in California that there was no equipment available and they had a lot of back orders and wouldn't be able to install my equipment until after July 1.

I had already put in the cancellation call for HughesNet which would leave me with no internet for a week. I explained this was not a viable option for me, surely there had to be a company in the Charlotte area who had the equipment. I was transferred to another person who said they would check, but couldn't guarantee me getting the equipment installed sooner. How can a company, knowing they have an installation schedule, not have enough equipment?? At this point, my frustration reached its peak and I cancelled the order. I am so disappointed! But, if this is how this company is run, I cannot afford to take the chance of changing providers.

Original review: June 21, 2018

After almost three days dealing with this company I am convinced they are a total sham. Internet speeds are much worse than poor DSL. 0.87 MBs download and they tell me that’s normal. Try before 6 am or after 10 pm and "maybe it will be better." They promise the ability to stream video but can’t deliver. When I tell them to cancel their worthless service they say I signed a 24 month contract and have to pay a penalty. I think they make their money from penalties. We need to form a class action lawsuit and put these lying scam artists out of business.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I live out in the country and don’t have many choices. But I wish I would of chose a different company. I have been getting slow speeds of 5 during non "peak" hours and lucky if I am getting 1 download during their "peak" hours. It is slow more often than it isn’t. You have to spend literal hours on the phone with these people and they still do nothing. Literally the worst company I have had in 15 years of having internet... When they say you are getting 12 or 25 download they mean "up to". Make sure you read the fine print people!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I live in a rural area and chose Viasat as it is my only option. I've had this service for less than 3 weeks and it simply will not function. When I contacted the rep he advised it would be perfect for Sling TV. I've had more problems than I can even add to this review from day one. First, they had my name completely incorrect as the account holder, however they charged my credit card. The tech spent 5 hours installing the equipment and it would not connect. After hours, days, multiple tickets opened, another tech coming out, still no connectivity. The product will not work! I have another ticket opened with corporate but was instructed to call Customer Service back even though the ticket is escalated. The rep won't even give a last name or an extension. I shouldn't be held under contract for false advertising. It's all a sham and I wish I could rate zero stars.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have been a customer of Exede for around 3 years. We have had the Ten GB use and during the 3 years I started noticing discrepancies in the usage. To see what I was missing I upped my monthly Exede usage to 50 GB. I started viewing my Netflix shows, at first one a day, then more, then the whole evening. One week into the 50 GB plan I noticed that the plan was deducting 1 GB a day whether I watched one show on Netflix or enjoyed the whole evening of Netflix viewing.

This just seemed wrong to me, so I decided to look for another service. A tower that is only 4 miles away from our house offered the 50 GB service for a fraction of the cost. It is locally based and I don't need to phone halfway across the county for a service or human to talk to. I hope I don't experience some of the Horror stories I have read from People that have tried to return their equipment and shut down Exede. If I could I would have the Government's Weights and Measures agency check on the truth of the gigabytes used by the consumers using Exede, as I do not think it is accurate or honest. I feel Exede customers should be getting more for their money, not just a come on with hollow promises.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Viasat says they are unlimited but will prioritize you behind others if you run over a predetermined amount of data. Because they just came out with a new satellite, I was told that would not happen for 2 years or so by their local dealer and should maintain near the advertised speeds of 12 Mbps. Once installed though, this became quickly apparent that this was not the case. I immediately found out that I was lucky to get 1 mbps for a majority of the day, only experiencing speeds above 3 mbps in the early morning and sometimes into the early afternoon. I called almost every day and even though the tech support people admit my speeds are not as advertised, they refused to let me out of my contract without a huge fee. This is despite the fact that I have had it less than 3 weeks.

Exede Satellite Internet response

Hello Russell, Please send an email to the Viasat Corporate Social Media Team at viasatlistens@viasat.com. Allow the opportunity to review your account. Thank You Diana

Original review: June 17, 2018

I am very unhappy with the services of Viasat/Exede satellite internet company. I have a campsite in a remote area of upstate N.Y. and decided to sign up for TV and internet services last summer, since we planned to live that 6 months out of each year after my husband and I retired. The only option available in our area was DirecTV, and to get internet I had to bundle with Viasat Exede. Initially, the DirecTV agent explained that I could get an internet service with DirecTV's partner, Exede, for about $25.00. I thought that was a good deal so I agreed. The plan for $25.00 had such limited GB's that we used up all our data in about 2 weeks. We added additional data which bumped our bill up to over $55.00. We left our camp after about 5 months to return to our primary residence in FL.

I had to agree to a $26.00 monthly charge since, unknowingly, there was a minimum 2 year contract involved. I was not told this by the sales agent, and did not read the contract I signed as careful as I should have (my bad). Exede did allow the account to be suspended when we left N.Y. but only for 180 days. Circumstances occurred that we were not able to return to our summer camp this year and now we are stuck with a monthly bill of $76.78 for a service we are not using! We lost the small discount we were getting by bundling with DirecTV. (DTV did kindly extend our suspension for an additional 12 months).

Our only options now are to pay the $76.78 per month (according to Exede that is the least expensive plan available) or cancel and pay $15.00 a month for the remaining 11 months on our contract. So we might be able to go to our camp for a week at a time, once or twice, over the next 11 months, but we will not have any internet because the most cost effective way I can get rid of this company is to pay the cancellation fee of $165.00 (plus all the months I invested the 26.45 per month for 6 months to keep a service we didn't use - a total of 158.70). It will cost me, when all is said and done, an additional $323.70 (besides the 432.72 paid while using the service) to get out of this miserable contract with this greedy company! Bottom line, it cost $756.42 to get internet from Exede which we only actually used for 5 months!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I called the 800 number listed on their website. I spoke with young man named John who said he was working at the call center in Utah. At first he was very professional but toward the middle of our conversation when I told him I wanted to discuss the plan w/ my husband, John turned very passive aggressive toward me and it got uncomfortable. He proceeded to tell me that it was stupid to consult with my hubby and that if I were an independent thinker, I wouldn't need his permission. I couldn't believe he said that to me. Then he proceeded to tell me that it cost him $60.00 just to answer my phone call and that he made more money than I did. At that point I hung up. I am still in disbelief that they have this guy answering the phones and allow him to speak to consumers that way. NO way in hell I will give this company a dime!!!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Ordered their service over a month ago. The first installation was canceled because they were waiting on new routers. I finally called them about the installation 2 weeks later and canceled their phone package and was going to cancel their internet as well when I was told, "Please don't. We can give you an extra $ 10.00 a month off your bill for 6 months." The service was installed on June 5 2018. I called today to ask why I am being charged $ 70.22. They inform me it's because I have their voice package - the one I canceled over 2 weeks ago. I don't even have a phone number for it. I made it clear when the Technician came out that I had canceled it and he agreed that it was not on his installation.

Today I am informed that I do have it and have to pay another $ 50.00 to cancel it. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I worked for a company that has had WildBlue which was a good service until it became Exede and now Viasat. Now if I want to cancel their service it will cost me another 300.00. Then when I call they ask for a phone number I used when I called for service and they can't even locate me. But they located my bank account without a problem. The 12gb that you pay for is used up just by turning on a computer and very slow. I will never recommend this company to anyone again.

Exede Satellite Internet response

Dawn, We would like to offer our deepest apologies for the trouble you had to experience with Viasat. This situation is not ordinary and these incidents are not typical of us. Please send an email to our Corporate Viasat Social Media team at viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Diana

Original review: June 8, 2018

With all of the negative reviews, I thought I needed to voice my views. I had my new ViaSat internet system installed and what a difference! I went from 9 Mbps on my HughesNet Gen 5 to over 60 Mbps with my new ViaSat. Service/installation was great! I'm VERY pleased!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

We signed up for Wildblue satellite internet several years ago and paid $300 for the dish, receiver and installation and it was even worse or as bad as dial-up. Never again. They made us sign a one yr contract and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Satellite internet is a last resort if you absolutely cannot get anything else.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We've had the same Satellite Internet service for over 10 yrs... Which is now Excede / Viasat. About 6 months ago we started having a "drifting" of the service connection. This is very different from the usual type of loss of signal that happens occasionally due to weather or just happens. The problem we are having is a momentary loss of connection. A very brief few seconds that creates a significant problem in my workflow since I have to reconnect each time. AND the other issue is the increased data usage since each time the multiple tabs I have open need to reload. This ends up doubling or triple our data usage. (I need to interject here that this is a second home and we have internet at our primary residence also and I can easily compare our data usage) We have worked with the company for over 6 months to resolve the issue.

So frustrating to get past their "script" even to the point they tell us they cannot help us if we don't allow them to go through the same steps that have been eliminated as the problem. So the long multi step problem resolution journey recommended by the company included repeated signal checking, replacing the modem (twice), checking wiring, getting a new computer, and one last very long thorough service call to fully check out the system... There is no problem at our end. As the service tech said "the problem is at their end". Spent a long hour speaking to the company yesterday and after going over the problem in detailed and the service rep reviewing their account notes...

I was told it was probably due to "internet traffic". Sigh! At least I got an admission that the problem isn't at our end---- that only took 6+ months. According to the service rep, nothing can be done, we just have to live with the problem. Really? This means we will be continuing to pay for excessive data usage this problem causes.

Of course what incentive does the company have to resolve the issue? How many other customers are having this same problem? One additional interesting fact. "Our problem" only started after the company started using a new satellite. Coincidence? Normally I wouldn't think this way, but I can't help but wonder if there is a problem with this new satellite the company won't admit and suddenly their sales (and profits) are increased. It sounds like a good problem for the company... Bad problem for the end user. I have requested the company resolve the problem and give me a refund for the increased data usage costs. Any bets on how they will respond?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the services offered by Viasat/Exede. We should have picked up on the red flags in the beginning - first we received a call cancelling our originally scheduled appointment because they did not receive a delivery of routers but we allowed the order to remain in place. Finally two business days after the original install a service technician arrived at our home NOT within the timeframe we were advised but at 5:30 PM very nonchalant. When we questioned him on why he was so late he stated his work order said between 12:00 PM and 7:00 PM.

During the install he told us that although we purchased a high speed internet the maximum speed we would receive is 12 - 15 because there were no fiber optic lines as we were advised but rather cooper lines. Yes, this from THEIR technician undercut the company. Also, the "female assistant" that was with the tech asked to use the restroom AND charge her iPad. Once the tech was finally finished it was AFTER 9:15 PM.

NEVER have we experienced such POOR professionalism we immediately called Viasat to cancel the service, explaining that we would have to pay a TWO YEAR early cancellation fee of three hundred plus dollars. I advised that it was solely due to their lack of professionalism and service quality that made us apprehensive enough to not want to do business with them. Then I requested that my family be compensated for the emotional distress by their technician. After an extended time on the phone and not being able to speak with a Supervisor I was advised that the Supervisor would waive the early term fees... gee thanks.

Sadly our family is back at square one with searching for an Internet provider and now one who will be honestly out fiber optic and copper lines - go figure.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information

Formerly Named:
WildBlue
www.wildblue.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business