Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Exede Satellite Internet Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2020

I was contacted from this # to confirm my installation for DirecTV scheduled for today. 256-667-5053. When the gentlemen confirmed appt he asked about setting up the Viasat and bundling the service. As I had been trying to do that already I agreed. I was quoted a discounted price of 130.00 for first 3 months and then 150.00 after that for an unlimited package.

I was told after running my credit that there would be a 60.00 refundable fee and another 300.00 for equipment. The guy told me that the 60.00 would be due today and gave me this number(1-844-702-3199) to set up an installment agreement that would be added to my bill monthly for the 300.00. I asked if they could just place the refunded 60.00 fee towards the installment agreement instead of returning it to me, to which he agreed. I even asked him to clarify that only 60.00 would be coming out of my acct. today and he stated yes only the 60.00. I wrote down every detail of call and all the confirmation info. After getting off the phone and checking my acct there was no 60.00 charge made but there was a 300.00 charge that I did not authorize. He fraudulently lied to get access to my bank acct. Now speaking to them I still have not been given what was relayed to me and what I agreed upon.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

If I could give zero stars I would but that's not an option. This company charges a lot for the worst service I have ever had. I have repeatedly called customer service. Nothing ever gets fixed. In fact it has gotten repeatedly worse. Please everyone beware. This company is terrible.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

They Suck. They steal. If you cancel one day after the payment goes through they keep YOUR money. Even tho you didn't use the internet. They are thieves. Crooks. And they hang up on you so they don't have to tell your kids how they stole their grocery money. I know. It was low of me to make them talk to the kids. But hey. If they can be rude so can I.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We live in an area where we don’t have access to cable internet. We used Wild Blue, and, at the advice of the company, switched to Exede equipment. The billing switched to Viasat and I presume exede, but they continued to bill for a Wild Blue service that was not provided. We foolishly didn’t catch this, and paid both bills for over a year. When we discovered this, the first consumer rep we contacted said they would refund the money. Exede called back and said they would only refund six months, although they gave no rationale for this unethical choice. Unfortunately, we do not have a good option for switching providers. If you choose to do business with this company, maintain close surveillance on their billing practices.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I wouldn't even give them one star, but I have to, to post this review!! Service is terrible in the evenings, there were several nights where we didn't even get over 1 Mbps!! We kept the service for six months, hoping it may be temporary...but it wasn't. Their customer service is terrible as well. They won't waive early termination fees because they say you should try to call in multiple times and have them troubleshoot it. I did ask them to look into it, and the response was that they are sorry, but it is what it is.

Bottom line is their service is terrible and they know it... They will tell you that they can't control the speed, but yet advertise you can get up to 100 Mbps?! We live on some land, and at the time this seem to be the only option... But thankfully we found another option that works on earth cellphone towers, that is consistent speed day and night!! Whatever you do, DO NOT get Viasat!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I get decent speeds up until I hit their data cap. No comparison to cable internet but it works. My plan is supposed to be unlimited but they say and I quote "After 100GB of data usage, we may prioritize your data behind other customers during network congestion." Prioritizing data is an understatement. They prioritize the data to a point that it is no good and you cannot do anything on the internet. Their cost is outrageous too. 2-3 times more than DSL, cable or fIber internet because they know if you are looking at them, you have limited options. They have no trial period either and once you sign, you are locked into a 24-month agreement that costs $15 per month remaining in your agreement to cancel.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

To start I ordered their service online and after received an email saying they would be here today between 2pm and 5pm. Today I took off a half a day in order to be here at 1:45pm.. My family and I were here waiting and around 4pm I started worrying maybe I didn’t set something up right because at this point I had not verbally talked to anyone from their company. I called and customer service was ok and let me know that if no one was here by 5pm call back so they could (Escalate) the situation. I waited till about 5:40 before calling back and then the guy on the phone said their computer that shows them where the tech was isn’t working and that I should have at least received a call from the install technician. They couldn’t give me any information and got off the phone by telling me they would call me back in 30 minutes whether the computer was working or not.

I waited another 40mins and decided to call back and cancel. Thank god that it was still pending or I would have had to pay their termination fee. I can’t believe they made me take a half of day off work costing me over a hundred dollars just to not show up. I got absolutely nothing from them and based on the other reviews here I’m thinking it was probably a good thing. Thanks for nothing Viasat???? I’m also mad this is making me give them a star.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is the worst Internet service imaginable. I live in the country and unfortunately satellite Internet is currently my only option. Tonight I am trying to watch some college football and I can not even connect to Hulu. I ran an Internet speed test and it says I have 0.23 mbps download speeds. I have run it multiple times and the highest I got is 0.38 mbps. I contacted customer service and they know I have really no other options. They told me this is all they can give me. Their claims about their speeds are false. Avoid this service at all costs. I have a few more months left on my original contract and then will be cancelling.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I Cancel 31 days after installation drafted my account 10 day, without my knowledge. Payment went declined. Stolen card. I called 3 different customers service. Worker claimed draft would be recorded back. I was told after 90 day bill would be $90 for 2 yrs? That was not what I was told at the time I signed up. So I talked to the last employees to disconnect service and send boxes to return modem & eye on dish. Returned it within 20 day post office. Now they are trying to get me to pay $427 cancellation when I sign with a 90 days free cancellation & I cancelled 31 days after before the call ended after midnight. We as customers needs to band with A Law Suit that includes false advertising.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I had Viasat internet. When I called to get more information about their Company the sales person forgot to Mention 2 important facts. 1: If you do not Purchase a program they offer free for 3 months Called care after 3 months if you have Problem with the network. Technician comes up to your home to fix it. They charge me $95. Their net not working and not having Quality picture. They will charge their customers. After one day I called to cancel my account with them. They wanted to know why and I told them because of bad pictures. The manager asked me give them chance and they will send someone to my house to take care of it. Cut the story short in 2 weeks twice someone came to my house nothing happened. Then I called and canceled my account. The manager Explanation was, "You will get speed or Quality picture" and let's not talk about speed. Nothing even close to what sales man was selling me.

After 2 weeks canceling they wanted me to pay them Penalty of $345 because I have 2 years Contract. I told them if they Kept their promise I would never canceled but they Bunch of ignorant. People Not even trying to understand the issues. Now they send my account to collection agency. I am planning to file a lawsuit against them harassing me 20 times day. They think we are morons.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information