Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Exede Satellite Internet Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I wouldn't even give them one star, but I have to, to post this review!! Service is terrible in the evenings, there were several nights where we didn't even get over 1 Mbps!! We kept the service for six months, hoping it may be temporary...but it wasn't. Their customer service is terrible as well. They won't waive early termination fees because they say you should try to call in multiple times and have them troubleshoot it. I did ask them to look into it, and the response was that they are sorry, but it is what it is.

Bottom line is their service is terrible and they know it... They will tell you that they can't control the speed, but yet advertise you can get up to 100 Mbps?! We live on some land, and at the time this seem to be the only option... But thankfully we found another option that works on earth cellphone towers, that is consistent speed day and night!! Whatever you do, DO NOT get Viasat!!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I get decent speeds up until I hit their data cap. No comparison to cable internet but it works. My plan is supposed to be unlimited but they say and I quote "After 100GB of data usage, we may prioritize your data behind other customers during network congestion." Prioritizing data is an understatement. They prioritize the data to a point that it is no good and you cannot do anything on the internet. Their cost is outrageous too. 2-3 times more than DSL, cable or fIber internet because they know if you are looking at them, you have limited options. They have no trial period either and once you sign, you are locked into a 24-month agreement that costs $15 per month remaining in your agreement to cancel.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

To start I ordered their service online and after received an email saying they would be here today between 2pm and 5pm. Today I took off a half a day in order to be here at 1:45pm.. My family and I were here waiting and around 4pm I started worrying maybe I didn’t set something up right because at this point I had not verbally talked to anyone from their company. I called and customer service was ok and let me know that if no one was here by 5pm call back so they could (Escalate) the situation. I waited till about 5:40 before calling back and then the guy on the phone said their computer that shows them where the tech was isn’t working and that I should have at least received a call from the install technician. They couldn’t give me any information and got off the phone by telling me they would call me back in 30 minutes whether the computer was working or not.

I waited another 40mins and decided to call back and cancel. Thank god that it was still pending or I would have had to pay their termination fee. I can’t believe they made me take a half of day off work costing me over a hundred dollars just to not show up. I got absolutely nothing from them and based on the other reviews here I’m thinking it was probably a good thing. Thanks for nothing Viasat???? I’m also mad this is making me give them a star.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is the worst Internet service imaginable. I live in the country and unfortunately satellite Internet is currently my only option. Tonight I am trying to watch some college football and I can not even connect to Hulu. I ran an Internet speed test and it says I have 0.23 mbps download speeds. I have run it multiple times and the highest I got is 0.38 mbps. I contacted customer service and they know I have really no other options. They told me this is all they can give me. Their claims about their speeds are false. Avoid this service at all costs. I have a few more months left on my original contract and then will be cancelling.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I Cancel 31 days after installation drafted my account 10 day, without my knowledge. Payment went declined. Stolen card. I called 3 different customers service. Worker claimed draft would be recorded back. I was told after 90 day bill would be $90 for 2 yrs? That was not what I was told at the time I signed up. So I talked to the last employees to disconnect service and send boxes to return modem & eye on dish. Returned it within 20 day post office. Now they are trying to get me to pay $427 cancellation when I sign with a 90 days free cancellation & I cancelled 31 days after before the call ended after midnight. We as customers needs to band with A Law Suit that includes false advertising.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I had Viasat internet. When I called to get more information about their Company the sales person forgot to Mention 2 important facts. 1: If you do not Purchase a program they offer free for 3 months Called care after 3 months if you have Problem with the network. Technician comes up to your home to fix it. They charge me $95. Their net not working and not having Quality picture. They will charge their customers. After one day I called to cancel my account with them. They wanted to know why and I told them because of bad pictures. The manager asked me give them chance and they will send someone to my house to take care of it. Cut the story short in 2 weeks twice someone came to my house nothing happened. Then I called and canceled my account. The manager Explanation was, "You will get speed or Quality picture" and let's not talk about speed. Nothing even close to what sales man was selling me.

After 2 weeks canceling they wanted me to pay them Penalty of $345 because I have 2 years Contract. I told them if they Kept their promise I would never canceled but they Bunch of ignorant. People Not even trying to understand the issues. Now they send my account to collection agency. I am planning to file a lawsuit against them harassing me 20 times day. They think we are morons.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Horrible horrible customer service and liars badly. They run you out of data. It's a scam. I had this INTERNET for 8 years. Foreigners took it over, bought it out and I have had trouble every since.. High priced junk and you can barely understand the reps. Lies and will not work with you on your bill, not even for a day. Don't let them tell you that you have a 10 day grace period that's a lie..you will use it up quickly. I believe it is rigged so you have to call in and get more.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Had an issue after a thunderstorm and called service tech by phone. It couldn’t be fix by myself and tech over the phone so tech tells me he would send a tech out FREE OF CHARGE -- first lie. Of course when bill came due they took out $100.00 more so when I called to get it corrected had to wait 3 WEEKS. Every person that I called or talked to LIED to me!!!! Poor leadership from tithe top! What a shame we have companies like this who promote lies!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I had dsl through the phone company for 10 years. Max 3 up and 1 down. The price kept going up and my cell reception kept getting better so I cut the cord, but, the only other internet option where I live was satellite. After doing some research including talking to some friends with satellite, I decided to give it a try. I've had it for 2 months and have no complaints. I've maxed out my plan limits (40 gb) each month and rarely see my data being "prioritized down" but, even when I do it's still as good or better than the poor dsl I had.

Weather has not had much of an effect on it. The modem went down one time and the app that you download rebooted it and everything went back to normal. I'm sure if someone had fiber/cable before the price and speed of satellite seems horrible, but, I've never had any other experience except poor dsl and dial up so to me Viasat has been great. Pray that I never experience some of the issues that have plagued so many leaving reviews on here. Good luck and God Bless to all!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I was told this would be 25 mbps. Slowed after 100 Gb. Before we hit 20 GB it was only running 3-4 mbps. After we hit 20 Gb it was .25 mbps. Now it is down to 0.01 mbps. Also just an FYI, it was installed this morning. We paid $100 deposit and covered our first $65 bill and not even 1 day and it's utterly useless. Now to cancel it we have to pay over $300 more dollars. So all said and done we got 20 GB of data for over $500.

Not sure about Exede Satellite Internet?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information