1.10/5

753 Exede Satellite Internet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Where do I start. I was placed with Viasat (who was WildBlue then Exede) when I ordered my DirecTV service. Worst mistake I ever made. Quality is horrible. Cannot even stream Netflix, Hulu, prime etc. I have made so many calls, made plan changes and have experienced the worst customer service of my life. I'm currently back on the bronze plan to save money and was told if I wanted to upgrade to silver or gold I would need upgraded equipment and they extend my contract. I'm stuck with a worthless company for another year unless I pay an early termination fee.

My modem/router has been unplugged for a few weeks now because the service is absolutely useless. Please don't make the mistake on getting Viasat internet service. You will be stuck in a 2 year contract and they will in no way let you out. I currently use the hotspot on my cell phone and get must faster download/ upload speeds. That's how we are streaming now!!! Let me stress. WORSE product and WORSE customer service I've experienced in 40 years!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

On 19 Oct 2018 I checked my usage. It was 5GB. On 21 Oct 2018 while online checking email, I received an usage message at 3:28PM stating I had used 70% (7GB) of my allotment. At 3:53PM, I received another email stating that I had use 100% of my allotment. In other words I had downloaded 3GB in less than 30 minutes on top of using 2GB between 19 Oct 2018 and 21 Oct 2018 for a total of 5GB over three days. I got on CHAT with a "support person" and asked them just what and who had sent the 3GB download. They said they were sorry, but all they knew was the time period it was downloaded. I tried to get them to upgrade this complaint, up the chain of command, but guess what, I kept getting disconnected. This is on top of a original complaint that there was no notice, that they were reverting to an old email program on Wildblue and no instructions on how to upload the "new" program.

When I finally figured it out, they sent me 16,293 old emails that I had deleted over several years. When I complained about that, they said, just delete them! At present, I never know how Wildblue email service will load up. Sometimes it goes directly to the website, other times I have to repeatedly log in. I looked into switching to HughesNet, but the reviews on it are as bad as Viasat/Exede. I don't know who is responsible for oversight on these two satellite internet companies, but all these reviews should be sent to them for a thorough investigation of their shoddy service. I live in a rural area and these are my only source. Buyer beware!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I upgraded from the 12 mbps to 25 mbps to improve internet speeds. Despite numerous phone calls to tech support, I consistently have 1-5 mbps. Techs claim they can't send someone out unless I call from home, which I cannot do. My cell service routes through my internet service through a signal extender so if internet speeds are too slow, my cell phone cannot connect a call. ViaSat/Exede tech told me I needed a new phone (I have a Galaxy S9), which was not helpful at all. I find their policy of not being able to send a field tech unless you call them from home rather odd. If there is a problem with service, they should be able to send a field tech to fix the problem. I thought I would try an official public complaint with Consumer Affairs to perhaps escalate their response, after several months of attempting to resolve the issue by phone.

Andrea,

The reason that Customer Care wants you to call from home is so they can walk you through troubleshooting steps. But as soon as you say that you can't call from home, they should have understood and moved to the next step. Please email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com with your account info, and let's see what we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Internet is terrible and very expensive! After sixty days I was ready to cancel due to terribly slow speeds. Tech support to EVERY problem is to reboot your modem. I have done this more times than I can count and a tech has been to my home twice. They will not let me cancel their terrible service without ETFs because I am under a two year contract. I would not recommend this company.

Kevin,

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with your Viasat service. I'd like a chance to work with you. Please send us an email at ViasatListens@viasat.com with your account info and a detailed account of your experience.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

DON’T even think about getting Viasat. Their satellite is over the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The ping is 650 ms so when you start clicking on your open page you will be waiting 0.6 to 1.2 seconds before anything starts to download. Try to watch a movie or any other streamed program and you will be watching the little circle spin as it buffers continuously. Live gaming…they won’t even let you on their site with that 650 ping. It slows down everything else on your computer when you are online. Got rid of Viasat and everything works good now…again. Their service will drop offline on average at least once per day. They advertise 30Mb download but this only happens during off peak times and when you aren’t being throttled or prioritized. I have had downloads as slow as 0.82Mb. Their upload speed is not advertised anywhere on their web page. It is 1.0Mb…PERIOD.

After you are totally disgusted with their pathetic performance they WILL NOT give you ‘satisfaction or your money back’. They will keep $15/mo for the entire 24 month period or for the months you don’t stay with them. It cost me $330 to get rid of them but it was worth it to get rid of their agonizing service. Wish I’d found some reviews beforehand. Don’t say you haven’t been WARNED!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exede Satellite Internet?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I've had Viasat for abut 6 months, and I'm here to tell you the way they make their money must be their termination fees. They offer what they call "unlimited" service, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. They state that after a certain amount of data you "may be throttled due to network congestion". What they don't tell you is that the throttled speeds are so slow that it takes about 15 seconds to load a webpage, slow enough to make secure sites (i.e. sites you pay bills on) not work, or time out due to excessive latency (between 2k-15k ms), impossible to stream Netflix or Hulu at even the lowest quality, and even so slow, it takes 5 minutes to download a TEXT FILE.

As for customer service, literally the worst people. Oh and don't even think about going past your bill's due date, or they will instantly cut you off, often without warning, then refuse to work with you at all on your bill. Fact is they will never change their policy, because folks like me, who have no other choice (I have nothing, not even dial-up, which would be preferable to this garbage) will always go to them so they can communicate. I really feel as if this is a huge scam, especially to pay TWICE the amount that I previously paid for fiber optic Internet at my last house. In closing, if you have ANY other alternative, I urge you to use them instead. Look into DSL, Fixed Wireless, 4GLTE providers, smoke signals, ANYTHING else than this overpriced, massive, bloated piece of amphibian garbage that is Viasat

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

RUN... RUN... RUN... The BIGGEST SCAM I have seen in a long time. Salesperson for the Santee (Jariah) is a SCAM Artist too. $64.00 for 12gig after I told him I use an Android box. It was used up in a week and I wasn't at home. Wanted me to pay $80-$109 more for more data. I said no! SO NOW THEY WANT A $360 CANCELLATION FEE!!! Any company that needs to go to this extreme is desperate!!!

Gloria,

That doesn't sound right! Please email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com and we'll take a look!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Since 6/1/18 thru today download speed has been running .8 to 1.3 Mbps speed the vast majority of time rarely going over 2.0. Viasat (Exede formally). After 4 full months of this issue and many tech support calls plus 2 visits at my house with the tech certifying my setup (Dish, cabling, modem & my desktop computer) being pristine Viasat finally admitted it is a satellite issue at their end that is being worked on. However, they couldn't give me any date of the issue being fixed let alone any hope of being fixed in the near future. Prior to June my download speed was running 10+ Mbps consistently. Now Customer Service refuses to elevate this issue to upper management as said in an email back to me stating so. My contract is finally up this month and I will be switching over to other internet provider alternatives. It is a terrible thing to pay $117/month for "dial up modem" speed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I signed up under Wildblue in 2012. Never could use the internet, not even once. Couldn't get anyone to look at problem. After 1 year of paying for no service canceled. Never heard anything until September 2018. Received a call from collection agency wanting me to pay $398 for equipment. I said no, I had returned the modem in the box they sent & the dish was still on top of my house if they wanted it. Then they told me if I would just pay $98 they would dismiss it. I told them no, they had not provided any service for the amount of money I paid them. This is a company that changes their name when it gets bad for them. They have gone from Wildblue, Excede, Viasat. They should be put out of business completely.

Pam,

Please email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com. We would like to resolve this for you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Been a customer over 3 years. Recently I started running out of data quickly for someone who doesn't stream video, movies, no games, music, etc. Last month I ran out of data a week after renewal with their modem disconnected from the power source. I called and was told I am downloading movies on Netflix. NOT EVEN! They never fixed my account. So far 3GB has been used this month with me in Wyoming on vacation and their modem disconnected in Texas.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I do not know where to start. Their customer service is the worse I have ever seen in a company in my life! My satellite was losing service almost nightly. I called their support line only to have them reboot my system. This fixed the problem until the next night, then the same would happen. At 35+ minutes per phone call to only go thru the same thing was only putting a bandage on the problem. But techs would cost issue as resolved because it temporarily fixed the problem. After 3rd call I started to press the issue as to something else was wrong… I was told I would get a $25 credit for missed service (never saw it on my bill!) and they would send a tech.

Now you would think they would want happy customers and fix any issues, but the only thing they wanted was to meet their numbers and close the help request ticket! In short... it took me 2 months... and 5 tickets (yes... 5 tickets!!! because they would issue me a ticket number, tell me a tech was coming onsite, and would call before they do... only to have a NO SHOW! What was worse... call back with ticket number only to find my ticket was closed and marked as resolved! RESOLVED!!) to get a tech onsite to work on system.

Finally I got a call from a repair tech and he said it must need dialed back in again, and would be there the following weekend. That was 6 days away! I never heard from anybody after that… just gone! System did start working without drop outs about 10 days later and has worked for a few months now up until the last 3 days. Same problem as before! Tried a different approach and emailed only to get a canned response to trouble shoot (reboot everything) 14 hours later and when I replied I had already done that, I got a response that my issue was resolved and I would have to issue another ticket for help!!! Here we go again!!! Now about myself, I am an IT Manager of a global company, and have been working in the IT field since 2000. I can tell you I know how to follow instructions and I know how to troubleshoot equipment issues. Therefore, when I tell you that this is not a users failure to follow directions... it is not!

Viasat/Exede is the worse company I have ever seen! Satellite internet is highway robbery! I spend 3 times as much to get 1/3rd the service! At $110 per month for 60 GB of data is a joke! (you can use 2GB of data in 30 minutes viewing Facebook! I know because I see reports daily from my company's users hitting their quote!).

In short... don't use Viasat/Exede at all! Don't get satellite if you need to watch TV. (Netflix will suck your monthly data dry a couple weeks!) Don’t get satellite if you need to VPN to your company! It's maddening! Spend your money and go cell! Even at the same service contract limits, it is half the price! No cell provider signal in your house? Install an outside antenna to bring cell service into your house. It is far better than dealing with satellite! If you don't get anything from this novel... please get this. Satellite is a dying service! The cost/return is way too high and is a bad business practice. It simple is just not worth the aggravation!! How this helps!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

After customer 4 years I was moving and tried cancelling the day I was under mandatory fire evacuation. Operator insisted I go on the roof to recover their property even after explaining smoke and ash were bad and flames were moving in! She insisted or said, "you will be responsible and liable for $300 charge for not returning the equipment." Also called DirecTV and they verified what I was saying was true and told me to leave their equipment there and leave immediately and they would write if off; but not Viasat. Kept insisting I get their stuff and I hung up. Even disputed a claim with them and now they've turned me over to collection for $324 for not risking my like to recover their equipment from the roof of the house I sold and have not been back to after the area was closed to fire evacuation. Viasat cares more about their equipment than human life and that is sad.

Martin,

We will usually waive any fees when a natural disaster is involved. Please email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com with your specific information, and we will see what can be done to make it right!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Horrible. Don't use. Internet goes out even when it's cloudy... that's almost every day. Their companies are individual own. I say we file a class action suit against them for fraud... customer service are a bunch of morons. Report their fraud, lack of product, lack of service to your Attorney General.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Not only is the "service" absolutely horrendous, but the customer service is twice as bad. I'll forewarn anyone seeking new internet service; DO NOT USE VIASAT. You will have constant outages, and when you have to call to get it fixed, be prepared to be on hold for an hour just to speak to someone. I'll also add that the customer service personnel do not care about their customers. I've called 10 times over the past few months to get the service fixed and they always ask that I connect my computer (which I don't have the ability to), so they say there's nothing they can further do.

Yet, when I called to cancel service due to my amount of frustration and lack of service, they claim that I should have had a tech come out to inspect so that they can waive the cancellation. Well, had that been offered to me the other 9 times I called before cancelling I obviously would have wanted someone to come out; however, this was never offered to me until cancelled and requested that I pay a cancellation fee. Viasat needs to stick to airline contracts where their satellites can actually provide signal...

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I am a new customer to Exede/Viasat. Previously had Verizon Homefusion for years until they decided to start gouging me with overages that were not true. So far, my experience with Exede has been less than sufficient. If a cloud moves over or the wind blows the right way I lose service. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. My dish has been moved twice due to the excuse being a tree limb in the way. Signing a 2 year contract for this kind of service is a racket. But if you live in the country you do not have ANY options for internet and they know it. DO NOT BUY THEIR LIES AND SIGN WITH VIASAT. YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My experience with Viasat was horrible. The initial rep was really good and persistent in trying to get me to sign for service so I did. The line hung up and I had to go through the process all over again because apparently the information is not stored if you speak with a different rep so the signup process became very lengthy. All in all I signed up, and before installation was told I had to purchase renters insurance. I purchased the insurance and was eager for my installation. When the tech came he stated that he cannot do an installation because he is only allowed to use a 100 ft cable and could not reach and their company will not provide a cable longer to install cable.

#1 this restriction was not mentioned anywhere in the signup process not that I would have know what was required, I had dish previously with a different company and they were able to complete installation. Then I attempted to call and was advised there was an hr wait, I wrote on their contact messenger and 3 days later still no response. I am out of money spent on insurance that was not needed and no internet service. Heed my warning. Do not sign up with this company, you would be much better going with a different provider.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We've had this internet service for about a year. They clearly take advantage of those (us) who don't have access to more reasonably priced and reliable service due to location! Should the wind blow wrong our service goes out... And be prepared for the "unlimited" data to run out around 3 weeks into the month... And don't expect any help from customer service (which I'm pretty sure are not even legitimate reps)! And you get ALL this for the ridiculous price of $166.00 per month!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I have been dealing with your company for a week Acct # **. They have no customer service training. The techs and their supervisors never respond to customer calls. For the last two days I have probably contacted your office 12 times or more. Each call I was advised a message had been sent to the tech and the supervisor and one of them would call me within minutes.

Yes, as you guessed, late Friday I was told that the tech fell off of his ladder at home and he never came in. Why did I wait all day to be told this? Last night at about 6PM NM time, I was finally told by a supervisor that it had been a bad day. Please note that no one ever apologized to me! Can you really say this is a customer service-oriented company? Well today I got the day off. Despite your report left at my home announces “SERVICE GUARANTEED WITHIN 24 HOURS” your staff cannot get a tech TO ME UNTIL MONDAY! Just what was the Guarantee for? I apologize for my attitude but how would you feel if you were me? Now let’s see how long it takes to get a response from you. exedepr@viasat.com. OH, by the way, maybe DirecTV will be contacting you.

Original review: July 25, 2018

By far the worst internet service I have ever witnessed. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone at all!!! When we got this internet we were not aware of a 2 year contract at all. The guy came. Set everything up. I signed on the line then they proceed to tell me that it’s a two year contract so the guy left. The people we talked to about getting their service on the phone Never mentioned a 2 year contract.

So tonight I call to cancel our terrible internet which we should have never got, we live on company land and they are tearing our house down to expand. I explain to them that their service sucks and what is happening with their living situation. They put me on hold for an hour then it hangs up on me. So I call back. Go through all their stuff again. Get put on hold for Another 49 min. I talked to this lady who basically accused us of lying saying we knew about the contract when we didn’t! I have never been so angry with a company. The people I talked to were rude except the first man who was actually nice. Now we are screwed into a 280 dollar bill for service we aren’t even going to have. Completely absurd. Most companies are willing to work with you and I don’t know be Human.

Terrible internet to match the terribly rude inconsiderate people that work for them. Like I’ve said a million times before Worst internet ever. Can’t stream anything on it besides Netflix. Can’t watch Hulu. Have more than one device on it or even play a simple game which they told us we would be able to do all of those thing. I will be calling again tomorrow and speaking to someone higher up because this is ridiculous.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Poor connection mostly when I have run out of high speed data. I have also had poor connectivity when I didn’t run out of high speed data. When I contact them all they really want is me to buy more high speed data but I only need the low speed data. When I do contact them miraculously I get connected but only for a short time. I also pay for equipment repair but they tell me that if their technician cannot find a problem they will charge me a service call. Also miraculously when a technician comes out I am connected before they get here. I am tired of complaining and tired of getting charged when I am not connected. I have high speed only for my granddaughter but tell her when it runs out she has to wait until the next billing period.

I can’t even get a signal for my email and end up using my phone to use my email like now. I am also told I have to pay to disconnect service because I still have 4 or 5 months left on my contract even though they can tell on their end I am not connected. I think they are turning off my connection at their end just to try to get me to buy more high speed or pay for a service call but turn the connection back on before the technician comes out. The system does seem to be connected most of the time when it is a new billing cycle and I have high speed data available. They advertise you will only be slowed down when you are out of high speed data but this is not the experience I have had.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Viasat is a scam. Was sold this pile of garbage through DirecTV. All they did was lie. They let my 14 year old son the contract to set it up because I was home yet... I disputed everything and they assured me I wouldn't be charged... only to find out I was charged 344 today. I am irate. They also drilled through the side of my house to install when they were specifically told not to do so. They assured me the service would be great for online gaming. Total lie. Everything was a lie!!! Don't get this service!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I've been a customer since 11/04/2014. Have never missed a payment or made so much as a late payment. The first two years, my service was decent. Not perfect but it did work 99 percent of the time. My only issues with the company the first two years was "data usage". I would go through data faster than I could even imagine and I do not do any gaming, movies, etc. Addressed this issue with them and it was always resolved IF I purchased more data. Finally changed to their unlimited plan when they came out with it and it have been far worse :(. Now my service is almost non-existent. The reason they told me my service is so bad is because they upgraded to a new satellite and I am not allowed to be connected unless I sign a new two year agreement with them.

My Service from Exede does not work over 3/4 of the time I use it. If and when it does work, it is slower than dial up. I have videos to prove this AND I have screens shots of speed test performed. I have contacted Exede on multiple occasions by phone. They refuse to help. Customer Service is probably the worst I have ever encountered. I tried to cancel this service and they REFUSED unless I "AGREED" to listen to a 5 minute "terms of cancelation and must again "AGREE" to their cancelation terms.

I said NO, was told I "HAD TO" listen or was NOT ALLOWED TO CANCEL and then was hung up on. They charged me again for another month of service I cannot use through no fault of my own. I have gone on their FaceBook page to complain and so have hundreds of others. Each time I do so, my complaints are deleted. They get complaints daily. The internet is exploding with complaints about Exede. I do believe Exede is the worst company I have ever dealt with. How can they continue to get away with this?

Original review: July 18, 2018

Had trouble getting an internet company. I told I could combo my DirecTV and Viasat to get a bundled discount. Promised Viasat would be 80.00 from the sales dept. After install I get a welcome email explaining it was 150 a month after the 3 month promotional rate of 100 a month. I called and said NO. Please remove this. I was told no that I was in a contract for 2 years. If I want to cancel it would be 15 x the number of months left on the contract. But I still owed them 116 for the 1st month. So I waited for the month. During the month I realized they would slow down my 50mbps because they could at any time.

Cancel day comes. I cancelled for the 7th. They were sending a tech out on the 8th to get some little box off the roof. Got a call, tech was in a wreck, "Can I do the 9th." Sure. 9th came and went. Called and was told I cancelled that appt. I didnt cancel and why would I? I have 30 days to return the modem and that thing on the roof or it will be another 600. So I said, "Well get me another appt." Soonest is the 16th. Okay. So I dont want to be charged in case it's late. She offered to take my credit card off file. 16th came and went. Called again and no appt was ever made. The next available is the 30th.

Now I am really angry. That is closest enough to the deadline I wont get this returned. "Sorry ma'am but 30th is it". The man was in a wreck. I said, "Is this your only worker." "Yes ma'am." "Can you extend my return time." "No ma'am." I am not paying 600 more. She offered to take my cc off file. That was suppose to be done last week. Then she reads me a spiel that is there is no card on file. They will not send out a tech and they will submit a small claims for non payment. She told me to climb up and get it. Nope I dont do heights. My kids are young and she said nhe a neighbor. I have no one.

Oh my Goodness I am losing it. No supervisor would talk to me. Then she said she will escalate the tech call. Received a call within a couple hours. A lady scheduled a tech to come out the 18th. 8 to 11 am. Today is the 18th and it is now 1230 and still no tech. I was conned into this service. I was lied to repeatedly and now I am stuck! They have gotten 116 plus 345 and now they are on the step of taking another 600.

Sonya,
I am following up on comments on this site. Was your situation ever resolved?

Please email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com with your account details or a phone number attached to the account. Be sure to include this review, and we can work with you from there!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been having difficulties with my internet speed when the billing cycle renews. When I call and describe the problem I keep getting told to try things that don’t work. The same things over and over. When I comply and redo the tests that don’t work they try to tell me that my equipment is faulty. I know from previous months experience my equipment is fine. Instead of going through my account notes like a person with minimal intelligence would do to see what the problem was and how it was resolved they keep telling me to check all of my electronic equipment that connects to internet because it is somehow my fault. 3 hours last month and another 3 this morning before I finally convinced the guy to review my account notes and see how they fixed it before. He got it fixed within 10 minutes from his equipment just like I asked to be done 3 hours earlier.

We are in a rural area where we only have satellite internet access. They seem not to care about their customers. All the first lady could tell me is that it is not their problem. She refused to even look at my account to see what I was talking about. It is so frustrating when those who are paid to provide service do as little as possible to help and only try to blame. If only we had more options for Internet I would have left them already! Plus, every time you call in you have to go through an automated phone system that wastes even more of my time. I pay too much for the disservice I get and then they do as little as possible to take care of paying customers.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Viasat was installed two days ago but the speed not checked until I had signed the contract - it did not deliver enough bandwidth to run a smart TV. I was told that I could not cancel the account without paying an early termination fee. This is a complete scam.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Let me start by saying avoid this ISP as if your life depended on it! I was skeptical about using any form of satellite ISP, but was in need of internet after moving to the country. I saw an advertisement for Viasat internet formerly Exede. I did an internet at my other home before the move to the country and saw that according to their site they offered up to 100mbps for my area for 200.00 a month. I got to my new address and they said unfortunately my address only has access to a max of 12mbps for 200.00. I was in need of internet for watching school lectures, which I was assured by their sales staff that I would have no problem doing with their service. And could even stream television up to 720p. I signed up for the service on or around June 23. The install was scheduled for the 25th and that was the earliest anyone could do it which I was fine with.

I get a call the day of the install by the branch responsible for my area informing me they don't have the equipment available to do my install and would have to reschedule for June 29th. After the install was completed, the service guy showed me everything I needed to know. I brought to his attention that the speed was a little low for that kind of money. He said that speed is not guaranteed and may fluctuate. I said, "Okay. Fair enough." On the install day I was getting between 3.8mbps to 4.6mbps. On July 11 my speed was down to 0.96mbps. So I contacted their customer service. We did all the typical troubleshooting but it didn't help. I checked again on the 12th after not being able to load my online banking website and the speed was down to 0.83mbps. So I called to cancel my service.

Not only did they charge the full cost of June's bill even though I only had the service for a little over a day because the install wasn't completed until around 7:00 p.m. they charged me for the full month of July and tried to charge me for the early termination. After complaining about being ripped off they only charged half of the early termination fee. In my opinion after dealing with these charlatans and being taken for over 500.00 for 13.5 days of service before canceling. You would be better off using a cellular hotspot than this Viasat/Exede garbage. Avoid this company for service at all cost! I attached an image of the statement showing the date of installation. Once they hit me for the final bill I'll share the closing obscene charges for the short amount of time with them.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was lied to when told I would have unlimited service and was just told I've exceeded my usage and was the reason for my problems. I would have to wait till the 7/12/18 to get my 60 megabytes back. My bank card has been charged for unlimited service this month already. I'm just so upset about the dishonesty and how They can continue being so unfair and dishonest to their customers who trust them! Tomorrow I'm talking to someone who will give me legal advice on this matter and the amount taken without my consent or permission. Thanks for all the reviews. It'll help me so much. How deceitful and how scamming this company is needs to be stop asap! You'll lose lots of others who I know and will stop using your services because of your lies. All truth here!... Fake reviews. Shame on you for even saying that. Only thing fake here is this company!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Had installer show up late (3:30 instead of 12:00) then decide the work would take three hours and asked if he could come back in the morning. He then canceled the next morning and said he could return 6 days later. The day he canceled we ran out of our data allowance. Consumer service would only give us a $20 credit against the $100 we would have to pay for additional data to get us through to the end of the week. My ability to conduct business was greatly impeded by their data restriction and I was not going to pay an additional $100 due to their installer wanting to go home early.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I recently contracted with Viasat/Exede Satellite Internet company. I am on my 3rd month and had a discount this month for $37. Within 2 days they said I used 17.0 of my 24 GB. I turned all my wifi devices off. And still they are trying to tell me I was using it at 6 am-3 am. I was not home from work at 6 am. I can prove it. Now it is 4 days and my wifi data is 0. Last month we watched the whole series of the Ranch on Netflix and then some and never ran out of data. Plus the guy who sold us the service said we would be able to watch 40 movies a month. Well that never happened. We watched one hr and a half movie and it burned a 4th of the data. I am very disgusted with the reps I talked to. They keep telling me lies and will not fix the problem. I am just puzzled on how you can use all the data when the devices were off?

Original review: June 29, 2018

They lie about the whole Unlimited. It's conditional unlimited. It is unlimited until you reach your bandwidth limit. They lie about the wonderful speeds you can achieve. I personally have NEVER received the speeds they advertise. I personally pay $120.00 A month. JUST for internet service that restricts use after bandwidth limit is met. That is a LOT to pay just for internet that is not bundled with TV/Phone. "What a rip".

Customer care told me they WON'T do anything about the speed issue. They admitted that they have too many people on one beam and it has caused the whole system to slow down to less than DIAL UP. WTF??? Is this legal? How are they allowed to rip people off like this? If I had the choice to choose another company for internet I would. Today My bandwidth was 0.43mbps. Last night was less than that. I am fed up. I can only give 1 star because there are no Negative star values. They deserve -5 stars. Viasat/Exede is a Horrible company.

Exede Satellite Internet Company Information