Formerly named Exede

3.4/5 (496 ratings)

About Viasat

Viasat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Read this before joining VIASAT!!! -FOREWARNED is FAIR-WARNED- Imagine waking up on a Saturday morning and having $300 taken out of your bank account. That happened to me today, all because VIASAT has record that I've not returned my business account equipment. That is correct. I still have my equipment sitting in my kitchen waiting on a box to send it to them. We had a residential account and business account. VIASAT sent a box for us to return our residential equipment to our correct NC address right away but THEN they SENT a box in June to our northern Virginia address to send our business account equipment to, even though we no longer lived there.

After 3 more phone calls and nearly 3 hours of wasted time speaking with VIASAT customer service representatives VIASAT sent another box for us to send out our business equipment. THIS time they AGAIN sent it to our northern Virginia address, even though my wife had multiple lengthy conversations concerning which address the box should be sent to. After NOT receiving the box AGAIN for another 2 weeks my wife calls AGAIN to VIASAT to confirm we never received a box and VIASAT AGAIN said, "WE'RE SORRY for OUR MISTAKE, we will send you another box out;" which WE HAVE NEVER RECEIVED.

During the time from June to August each week we received harassing phone calls from VIASAT to question us and accuse us of keeping their equipment and informing we would be charged if it wasn't returned. Each time my wife had to explain the issue OVER AGAIN and readdress VIASAT's INCOMPETENCE and waste her personal time trying to fix an issue that VIASAT was causing. Finally after NEVER receiving a box from VIASAT on August 28th we wake up to $300 missing from our bank account, all because VIASAT employees CANNOT execute a simple request to send a box to the correct address.

Early today on a beautiful Saturday morning instead of enjoying time with my family I had to call VIASAT AGAIN to address their INCOMPETENCE and hope I received prompt customer service concerning my $300 being taken form me even though none of it was my fault. After waiting on hold I speak with a customer service representative who said we would NEVER have been charged if we had called and spoke with them. WHAT? After hearing that and knowing how many times my wife had called and spoken with them, it makes me think that the VIASAT customer service team has non-existent communication between their team members. To say I was upset is an understatement.

Then, when I asked about my refund of my money I was told, "We will send you another box and once we receive it we will then we will return your money." At this point in the conversation I realize I'm not going to receive the appropriate response I should have received concerning my money they took from me due to circumstances that VIASAT created. On top of that, I'm supposed to trust that the box will even arrive. IF this strategy is used as a way to make a solid increase on their bottom line and not a one off mistake then it is INGENIOUS. They send your box to an incorrect address, then have terrible communication between their customer service team to the point that it is frustrating to speak to them and then finally charge you missing equipment fee, INGENIOUS. Imagine how many people get frustrated to the point that they just let them have the money. WOW that is an INCREDIBLE bottom line BOOSTING scheme!

At my annoyance I asked to speak to a supervisor which I was then told they had no supervisors on duty but they would send my email to a corporate escalation email box. That is what I love the MOST about today's CORPORATE business world, there is never anyone ever available to speak with who has an IQ above 7 unless you can luck up and find a corporate executive's phone number. To say VIASAT has TERRIBLE customer service is stating it kindly. Someone in their training department needs to RETRAIN every phone representative in their organization. Their communication system needs a complete overhaul since no conversations are notated when you call concerning your account.

If you are looking for a corporate conglomerate that cares nothing about you as a customer and puts systems in place that allow them to STEAL from you even though you've done everything you can to ensure you are following their procedures other than doing their jobs for them then THIS is the company for you! To say I am completely disappointed in VIASAT's customer service doesn't begin to explain how I feel. If you want the same level of disappointment and don't mind having your money STOLEN then SIGN up with VIASAT...

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Upon termination of service I was asked to send equipment back - they said they would provide a box - never did - I requested a box no less than 5 times - they charged me $321 for failure to return equipment - I reversed charges - continued to request box - or another way to send equipment - they sent me to collections! Every conversation documented - no apologies - no responsibility taken - nothing. Unbelievable.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

This wifi is the worst service to have, worst to deal with, if you call you’ll at least be on the phone for 30 minutes every time. The data caps are low, only giving you 60gb high speed. 600ms ping. Video games are unplayable. Unusable after high speed runs out. Expensive, and expensive to cancel. Cost me 300$ to cancel when competitors like Consolidated Communications cost 100$ To cancel. And Viasat doesn’t even take anything down! They make you do it!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

If you are reading this and thinking about getting Viasat at please please do not. I got the service in September of last year when my daughter started school because of covid. I had great service for the first two months. After that I only get TV from midnight till 6:00 a.m. and they continuously tell me that is because I've used up all of my data and the bandwidth is too slow. I am paying $159 a month for nothing. Customer service is a joke. They either tell you to Google stuff or hang up on you. I cannot believe that ** like this actually exist and these companies get away with it. I had them come at 2 weeks ago because of the problem. Told me I had to pay $95 for them to come out and fix what was wrong with their equipment. Stay away from this company. I promise you you are staying away from the biggest migraine of your life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

If I could give 0 stars I would. I had Viasat for over 3 years. Unfortunately we had a house fire. I canceled my service a few days after. Viasat has now charge my card on file 3 times even after canceling. After many calls for a refunds nothing has been refunded. I have disputed every single charge. I now have to cancel my credit card to stop these payments. They have everything noted in the system showing that I canceled yet charges are still made. Horrible company to do business with.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

They came and put the sat on the side of my building, told me if it wasn't good they would come move it 1 time free, LIE.. I get slow sketchy internet at best. Can not stream a movie without watching the little circle on the screen every 10 minutes. They blame it on everything but themselves. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Cancelled in April because I got Starlink, 4 days before a new billing cycle. Viasat continued to bill me and never cancelled service. I put a stop payment on them and asked for a refund and I would pay my early termination fee. They sent me to collections for the termination fee and won't refund the month they charged me for when my service was supposed to be cancelled. Total scam and they are screwing long term customers over who try to cancel. My advice, if you know you are getting starlink, call your bank and put a stop payment on Viasat before you call to cancel or they will keep charging you and screw you over. This company deserves to go out of business.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

There is not one single item listed in their website that came to truth. There has never been a single day that the MBPS reached anywhere close to the intended amount of data streaming. I have spent 18 days getting them to discontinue my service. They still tried to get me to stay. Paid the 15 dollars a month for early termination gladly!!! Noting but excuses. No Customer Service, Chat is a waste of time, every caller is overseas. This has to be the worst company for doing business I have ever has a part of doing business with!. Run as fast as you can in the other direction. A mouse in a wheel would provide better internet service than these bozos. By the way the website has nowhere you can leave any reviews. They also will not confirm other review sites for their name. It's so bad that even their phone system goes down during the call because they use internet phones. Define Irony!!!! Shut this down now before it's too late.

Original review: July 31, 2021

These are all facts about Viasat internet, forget about playing games online. Their speed's too slow, movies are grainy, some you can't watch, took them 2 weeks for a service to fix a small problem, while internet was off, double charged me in a month before, taking charges of a unauthorized debit card 6 days earlier than due date said didn't receive it, sent email with bank statement to prove it was paid. Said it has to go through corporate, sent it to corporate 7 days ago they say it was going to take another five days, called them. They was rude and said they didn't see it, and it will take another 5 days, one person said that bank statement wasn't in English, of course it was, so they must of seen it now. They are just playing games, still not on, this was 10 days ago, When it's cloudy or raining, it does work, All around this has to be at least one of the worst company I ever done business with.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I got Viasat because of the "high speed" promise that they had online. When it worked it was pretty fast but it didn't work most of the time. I have a business account so it is labeled as "unlimited" internet. WRONG!! It has very SLOW latency and causes multiple problems when video conferencing or trying to communicate with a server that is off site. The "allotment" of internet Megabits is eaten up in several days and I am put on LOW priority in the satellite and usually speeds near dial up. They also want to charge $175 dollars to come out and make any adjustments to make it work better. This should be free!!! They make you sign up for 2 years of service with a penalty if you cancel your service early. Of course they do that, as they KNOW that their system stinks.

The service cancellation requires you to send back their electronic equipment, a modem and a device on the satellite. NO problem, they send a box for me to ship it in and I would return it. NEVER got the box and the UPS tracking numbers show this. But they still billed me $325 for the equipment, even though it was THEIR fault. I talked to two people (one a supervisor) and they would not issue a credit until the equipment was received. They sent another box by ground UPS that will take at least a week to arrive and probably the same to ship back to them. So my money is tied up for at least 2 weeks, probably more like 3 or 4. DO NOT believe a word they say and stay away from this company!!!! If you don't you WILL regret it.

Viasat Company Information