Formerly named Exede

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Viasat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is the worst Internet service imaginable. I live in the country and unfortunately satellite Internet is currently my only option. Tonight I am trying to watch some college football and I can not even connect to Hulu. I ran an Internet speed test and it says I have 0.23 mbps download speeds. I have run it multiple times and the highest I got is 0.38 mbps. I contacted customer service and they know I have really no other options. They told me this is all they can give me. Their claims about their speeds are false. Avoid this service at all costs. I have a few more months left on my original contract and then will be cancelling.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I Cancel 31 days after installation drafted my account 10 day, without my knowledge. Payment went declined. Stolen card. I called 3 different customers service. Worker claimed draft would be recorded back. I was told after 90 day bill would be $90 for 2 yrs? That was not what I was told at the time I signed up. So I talked to the last employees to disconnect service and send boxes to return modem & eye on dish. Returned it within 20 day post office. Now they are trying to get me to pay $427 cancellation when I sign with a 90 days free cancellation & I cancelled 31 days after before the call ended after midnight. We as customers needs to band with A Law Suit that includes false advertising.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I had Viasat internet. When I called to get more information about their Company the sales person forgot to Mention 2 important facts. 1: If you do not Purchase a program they offer free for 3 months Called care after 3 months if you have Problem with the network. Technician comes up to your home to fix it. They charge me $95. Their net not working and not having Quality picture. They will charge their customers. After one day I called to cancel my account with them. They wanted to know why and I told them because of bad pictures. The manager asked me give them chance and they will send someone to my house to take care of it. Cut the story short in 2 weeks twice someone came to my house nothing happened. Then I called and canceled my account. The manager Explanation was, "You will get speed or Quality picture" and let's not talk about speed. Nothing even close to what sales man was selling me.

After 2 weeks canceling they wanted me to pay them Penalty of $345 because I have 2 years Contract. I told them if they Kept their promise I would never canceled but they Bunch of ignorant. People Not even trying to understand the issues. Now they send my account to collection agency. I am planning to file a lawsuit against them harassing me 20 times day. They think we are morons.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Horrible horrible customer service and liars badly. They run you out of data. It's a scam. I had this INTERNET for 8 years. Foreigners took it over, bought it out and I have had trouble every since.. High priced junk and you can barely understand the reps. Lies and will not work with you on your bill, not even for a day. Don't let them tell you that you have a 10 day grace period that's a lie..you will use it up quickly. I believe it is rigged so you have to call in and get more.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Had an issue after a thunderstorm and called service tech by phone. It couldn’t be fix by myself and tech over the phone so tech tells me he would send a tech out FREE OF CHARGE -- first lie. Of course when bill came due they took out $100.00 more so when I called to get it corrected had to wait 3 WEEKS. Every person that I called or talked to LIED to me!!!! Poor leadership from tithe top! What a shame we have companies like this who promote lies!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I had dsl through the phone company for 10 years. Max 3 up and 1 down. The price kept going up and my cell reception kept getting better so I cut the cord, but, the only other internet option where I live was satellite. After doing some research including talking to some friends with satellite, I decided to give it a try. I've had it for 2 months and have no complaints. I've maxed out my plan limits (40 gb) each month and rarely see my data being "prioritized down" but, even when I do it's still as good or better than the poor dsl I had.

Weather has not had much of an effect on it. The modem went down one time and the app that you download rebooted it and everything went back to normal. I'm sure if someone had fiber/cable before the price and speed of satellite seems horrible, but, I've never had any other experience except poor dsl and dial up so to me Viasat has been great. Pray that I never experience some of the issues that have plagued so many leaving reviews on here. Good luck and God Bless to all!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I was told this would be 25 mbps. Slowed after 100 Gb. Before we hit 20 GB it was only running 3-4 mbps. After we hit 20 Gb it was .25 mbps. Now it is down to 0.01 mbps. Also just an FYI, it was installed this morning. We paid $100 deposit and covered our first $65 bill and not even 1 day and it's utterly useless. Now to cancel it we have to pay over $300 more dollars. So all said and done we got 20 GB of data for over $500.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

When I initially ordered satellite internet for my house, a technician came out and installed a satellite dish, modem, configured it to work. In a few days my internet went down and I called technical support to inquire why and what should I do to restore my internet connection. They rebooted my modem and internet went back online. This happened periodically until they taught me that I should power off my modem and power it on for it to work. So I’ve been doing that consistently once every few days. Like a prayer before each meal this has become my ritual every 2 – 5 days. Sometimes I get a lucky month where I wouldn’t need to touch it. Sometimes my modem would have its lazy week where I’d have to restart it several time per day. After 2 years this is getting to be annoying. This week is my modem’s lazy week.

Did I call before to resolve this issue? Yes, I did. Multiple times. Every time they would ask me to revisit my bellowed ritual that I am so familiar with and observe how the magic of internet coming back on would manifest itself. So, 2 years have passed. Till I decided to kick the habit and abandon this annoying ritual. I decided to give it one more go. I called Viasat technical support.

Technical support representative picked up a phone and he decided to do magic modem restart approach by doing a remote restart. It was fun to see how someone was able to do my internet modem ritual remotely. When internet came back on, I dared to inquire why do I have this ritual and how can I kick it out of my life? Tell you the truth because I’ve been doing it so many times it was scary, rather frightening to ask. I dared to resolve this problem, kick this habit out of my life once and for all.

Technical representative was a very nice and supportive guy. He informed me that “hey you know your dish is not aligned to the satellite?” “Oh… I didn’t know that! Thank you for telling me!” I was so happy! No internet shutting down completely and modem dying on me has nothing to do with the dish not pointing in the right direction. But the fact that the dish isn’t pointing in the right direction explained why every time that we had a bad day, I wouldn’t have internet. I assumed that that’s how satellite internet works but after a bit of research I found out that it should work even if a day is cloudy.

So… Now I really have 2 issues on my hand. Modem is acting up and also the dish is not pointing in the right direction. So the next logical request from my side was to get a Viasat rep to come out and fix this bad installation. Maybe swap a modem for another one that will work better. Turned out that it was an added service that’s worth around $90.00 I see. So that’s how Viasat is making extra cash. They install equipment that has defects and they point dish just slightly off so that they can come out, charge additional fee and make things right. NO. This is fraud. I hope you will take this letter seriously and fix our internet issues. If not, I will make sure that this case gets maximum exposure not only on social media but also in the PA Office of Attorney General.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I got Viasat for internet and it is not good for streaming or anything else. The internet slows down when you reach your package that you pick. I had 35mg for 119.00 when I went over it slowed down. When weather was bad it wouldn't work. The commercial they have are all lies. I went to cancel and I asked them about my last payment. They said you pay a month ahead and I would get a refund. They connected me with a 2nd person and I told them I was canceling the internet. And I asked them if I could use the refund to pay on the canceling the internet. They told me I wasn't getting a refund. They ended up keeping what refund I would of gotten. I ended up paying the cancelation fee. They are liars and thieves. They don't care. Anyone looking for internet don't use viasat. You can't trust them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Viasat pretends to offer high speed wifi, 'up to 25 megabytes', they say. However, and if you're lucky, the high speed is based on an ethernet connection to their strictly into their modem. As far as wifi is concerned, good luck if you get 3 to 7 megabytes per second on the download. Oh yeah, they offer an unlimited amount for a hefty price: but, oops, if you go over their secret limit, good luck. Once you go over their limits you're at landline speeds. Worst of the worst I have ever experienced. Gonna report them on Yelp, Google and any where else it might hurt their ** business lies about unlimited service.

Viasat Company Information