Formerly named Exede

3.6/5 (487 ratings)

About Viasat

Viasat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: June 17, 2021

Stay away from this company. 2 year contract. no way to get out even if they cannot provide you with decent service. Unwilling to help out to resolve any issues. Their cancellation policy is awful. Customer service is subpar at best.

Original review: June 15, 2021

In an attempt to get service the representative ran my credit and refused to send me information concerning how they used my credit or what the contract was prior to me signing up for it. When I explained to the first person that I didn't feel comfortable agreeing to anything that wasn't in writing they hung up on me. The second person told me that they had already told me everything I needed to know. Very sketchy.

Original review: June 8, 2021

Bad reception. Promised high speed. Lies. Moved tried to ask for return box for equipment with instructions, never came after 5 calls. Sent back what I thought they needed. They bully, threaten and have no response but to make the customer go back and ask the new owners to remove the equipment they want. I would hire an atty, but the hassle and money is not worth it. DONT USE VIASAT FOR ANY REASON.

Original review: May 25, 2021

With this company I have encounter problems. I do one time payment paid in full they compromise my information by manually put it in automatic withdrawals. I never signed up to have my card automatically have withdrawals coming out my account. My credit card Union contact me indicating could be some fraudulent activity going on with my card. When I check my account I seen that the company made a withdrawal from my account without my consent. This company payment without your consent regards to how many cards you use on file automatically going in generate having automatic payment withdrawn from your account. I'm going to disconnect my service. Fraudulent activity.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Viasat is more than disappointing, it is a mistake that you don't want to make. I purchased the Premium Plan ($249 per month) because it boasted the fastest speeds. Yet, the fasted speed I ever received was not enough to read and/or send simple emails with no graphics. Forget about watching a YouTube video or uploading pictures to Facebook. Today, I waited on hold for 46 minutes with Viasat's Customer Service to speak with someone to disconnect my service, and finally, I gave up and will call back early tomorrow morning when perhaps the wait time will be reduced. On an up note to my Internet woes, I discovered last week that AT&T Fixed Wireless was available for my location.

Two days later an AT&T technician arrived, was able to establish a good connection with a cell tower a few miles away, installed a small unobtrusive white 9x12 rectangular antenna on the roof slightly above a gutter, connected a modem and a router, and within minutes I was receiving download speeds of 25Mbps as per my own Ookla speed test. And, best of all, the cost is only $69 per month. Stay away from Viasat and save your nerves and your money.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Installed three weeks ago, worked poor to fair the first 10 days, has not worked at all since. 6 calls to customer service with no resolution. I cancelled contract and they want to charge me $345. I will contest this via my credit card company since the service does not work.

Original review: May 3, 2021

If you are looking for great internet out in the boondocks, you found it. That said- be prepared for an excessive amount of frustration trying to do ANYTHING with them once you are set up. One agent hung up on me when he couldn't answer my question, and I was transferred to the same number multiple times even after telling them that I was having issues with the system not recognizing my phone number. Why would you transfer someone back to an automated system ASKING. FOR. A. PHONE. NUMBER?!? Seventeen phone calls to different numbers I was given later, still no assistance. Guess I'll be going home to figure it out myself again. I mean, c'mon. Like I said- excellent product but at a cost of any semblance of customer service.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Sent equipment back to them after waiting for their box to come. They charged my account 324.00. Have called numerous times for a refund and it's been 3 months. Now they tell me I was supposed to get up on top of the house myself to get a receiver off the dish???? I am too old for that for one and why would they expect anyone to get on their house to get a receiver off the dish???. This company is horrible.. Do not use them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

First off lied about service quality. They will tell you you get speeds up to 200 mbps and upload up to 12. Key word is up to. Really you get 20 and 5 if lucky when it works. When installed the dish was misaligned 10 mins after tech left. Send another same thing. This went on for 3 month+ multi techs and still charging full rate. Then if you cancel you get the early cancellation fees to deal with. This company is out only to take your money while providing you with poor or no signal while charging over $150 a month. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I ordered service Mar 9, cancelled service the same day after my husband got service thru Spectrum. I was initially told 7-10 business days for our $325 refund. I called on the 12th day to be told it’s 7-14 business days. So I waited. I called Mar 29th, I was told it was processed the 28th. I thought it was weird being it was a Sunday so I called my bank. They said they hadn’t received anything and that the delay was not on them, but maybe the bank Viasat works with just doesn’t process things the same and to give it a few days.

I called back April 5th, still nothing and they advised I call Viasat again. So I did. I was told it would be 7-10 business days. AGAIN. So I called yet AGAIN April 16th, after still receiving nothing. The woman told me she would expedite my refund and have it there within 3-5 days. Here I am. April 28th, still no refund. On hold, waiting for them to “process my refund” for the fourth time. Beyond aggravated and beyond frustrated. Never again.

Viasat Company Information