Formerly named Exede

3.6/5 (487 ratings)

About Viasat

Viasat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: March 11, 2021

I originally obtained internet service from WildBlue Satellite. Wildblue was acquired by Viasat. My original account plan was for 15 GB usage for $ 90.51 per month. The cost was based solely on usage. I have retained the same plan since the initial installation. On 1 March 2021 my Visa account was charged $94.66 for my monthly fee for satellite internet usage. There was no explanation or notice in my account file for the additional charge. On 10 March I called the Viasat alleged customer service. As best I could understand the Latino customer service rep he indicated that the additional charge was some form of tax based on my leased equipment. I explained that I had no lease agreement with Viasat for the equipment and my payment was based solely on “usage”. He could not provide me any information as to what government entity the “tax” was being submitted to.

The only Terms and Agreement document I have is the original paperwork from my Wildblue installation. It does not mention any lease of equipment, charges for such leases or tax on the leases. I was never provided any changes to my agreement with Wildblue, when Viasat assumed the service. The Viasat web page contains the statement “After this first bill, your statement will include single-month charges only”, which is clearly false information. Viasat is a prime example of the current generation of tech companies that is totally void of any business ethics knowledge or practices. They have exported their customer service function to Monterey, Mexico. This allows them to pretend they offer customer service and pay a minimal price for it. In fact, any company that exports it customer service to a third world country that barely speaks English doesn’t give a damn about customer service.

The Viasat incompetence provides barriers to even getting to the “customer service”. The computer asked for my phone number. After entering my phone number 4 times it was rejected each time as invalid. I was then asked to enter my account number. It was rejected three times. I then had to wait for a customer rep to answer the call. Amazingly when he answered he already knew my name, phone number and account number! The Viasat web page/log in seems to get changed every 3 or 4 months. Each time it gets worse and slower. I suspect the “satellite” experts are trying to be software experts.

Every 3-4 months I get an error when I attempt to retrieve my email via my Wildblue email account. The error is that the Security certificate for the email site. “The site attempts to identify itself with invalid information” or the “Security certificate is expired”. In order to get my mail I must check off that “I confirm the security exception” each time I access my mail. When I complain the problem is corrected and then 2 –3 months later it happens again. What is so difficult about maintaining a valid website security certificate? I would surmise that Viasat would rather see Wildblue email, which they inherited from Wildblue, simply disappear and therefore provides no support to maintaining it.

In summary Viasat should be banned from the satellite business.

Original review: March 4, 2021

When calling to see about getting service, I was told what I wanted would be $112 a month which is $30 more than what I paid for my last internet service per month.. then I was told it would be $150 installation fee.. when I told the lady I'd have to think about it, she got very agitated and asked me "what was I going to do for Internet service?!", and I told her I had internet on the phone and I didn't appreciate the attitude and that I would be looking elsewhere.

Original review: March 1, 2021

They charge a lot for unlimited internet, unlimited is really not unlimited. You only get so many gbytes a month and if you use them up you practically don't get any internet until the next month. I got it and did updates on my son's Xbox and it couldn't even finish the updates before the internet ran out. It was very upsetting. I paid over 200 a month for me to just have to connect to my phone's hotspot to watch movies. The internet doesn't even work enough to stream an entire movie. It's really sad. When we moved we didn't go into an area where the internet was offered and they still refused to stop our contract. They won't pick up their own equipment, making my husband go to our old house to unbolt the satellite off the house. It's not a good service, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Viasat is the absolute worst internet I have ever had to deal with. WAY too expensive for internet that doesn't work. Don't try to stream anything because you will get 10 secs of show, 45 secs of buffer.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The WORST customer service. I had to take a day off and drive 2.5 hours to meet them at my rental property to set up service (for which they charged me $100). They called 3 hours before to confirm, then again 30 minutes prior, when I was already 2 hours into my journey, to tell me they didn't have the equipment and would need to reschedule. Why didn't they tell me that on the first call? When I told them I couldn't take another day off and needed to do it on a weekend, they refused to work with my schedule and acted as though I was inconveniencing them!

They robbed me of time and money and bounced me around in an attempt to avoid solving the issue. The service rep, Cynthia, was extremely rude and unsympathetic; when I asked to speak to a supervisor for further help, I was told, "No, no one can help you." Needless to say, I quickly found another Internet company that was happy to come out on a weekend and charged have the monthly fee with no hook up charge. AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Having no internet is better than Viasat because they fail regularly and charge you more than any other company. Viasat failed to provide service for us where no device of ours would connect for months in the afternoons and evenings and when we were forced to find an internet company with reliable service they’re charging us cancellation fees. They even refunded our monthly fee in full in December because their technician admitted they know they’re completely failing their customers currently. We are a nonprofit from 1924 started by Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig that’s saves 101,800 members from homelessness and they haven’t budged despite me telling them it’s illegal to charge cancellation fees in the US when they didn’t provide service.

It’s been two days dealing with their customer service where they say they wish they could help but admit it takes days to get management to respond. They only offer to escalate issues with no resolution or refund. They’ve since emailed me twice saying that since my son had called trying to get his video games to work in November that’s why they’re charging us for failing for months because we must have only needed a different service provider for his gaming and their last email said they’re allowed to provide slow internet and still charge customers to cancel.

My internet did not work for months reliably at all. Slow would’ve been ok even. I hadn’t been able to work the hours I needed to from home with their internet service failing. I’m wondering how many customers there are who Viasat financially screwed over when they failed to provide reliable internet and then still charged them to cancel. Their reviews are crap and they’re pulling illegal crap. Especially during Covid this is unconscionable. How many have to have had it with this company to do a class action I’m wondering.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Where do I start. First I called them to cancel my service one month prior to selling my house. They canceled it that day leaving me with no internet for a month. When I realized what they did, they wanted me to sign for another 24 month agreement to reconnect the service. What?! Of course that made no sense and never heard an apology for the inconvenience they caused. Then I had to repeatedly called for the return equipment box. I could get every other package from every delivery company but for some reason I couldn't get their box. FINALLY, over a month of calling, I got the box. I returned the equipment in a timely manner and thought I was done with this company but no! I received a charge for $265. I called them that evening to understand the charge for equipment when I returned it. The rep confirmed that they received the equipment and I should receive a refund in the next 7-10 days.

After 14 days, I called back to see why I haven't received a refund. I was then told that I didn't return a piece from the satellite dish. What?! This wasn't in their return directions. And let's think about this.... They want people to climb on the roof to take a piece of the dish off?? I'm a single mom and don't even have a ladder high enough to get to the roof. DirecTV asks you to recycle their equipment and this company (associated through DirecTV) wants you to climb on a roof. This company tops my list as being one of the worst companies out there. I learned a $265 lesson and will NEVER be another customer of Viasat.

The suspect they won't be in business long considering they can't support basic internet service and provide the worst customer service. I'm writing this to help people make an informed decision before signing up for internet provider. If I could give them a negative star rating, I absolutely would. A one star rating is not the appropriate rating.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

We have had service with this company since 12/2019. I decided to move away from our DSL provider because of the low speeds, and Viasat was one of only 2 other options. When I first did research on this company, we didn't find a lot of bad reviews at the time (apparently this site never showed up in my searches). When they hooked up, the tech was friendly and knowledgeable, and didn't give any impressions of being a horrible choice... That's where the good times ended with this. Since then, I've had to bump our service up to the max in our area, and increase our bill to a whopping $165 a month. And STILL, we get 1-2 weeks of good service before we top out. 2 Tv's and a computer, with occasional cellphones (2) on the network. This somehow equates to 200+GB a month in data use...

Friday, 2/4/21, our internet was completely shut off (not the normal .25mbps we get at the end of our billing cycle). I talked to their tech support, which told me our antenna wasn't aligned (had a re-alignment 2-weeks prior to this) and it would be 2-weeks to get someone out to fix it. I requested to elevate our situation with their supervisor, Pablo, who was even less helpful. They rely on a 3rd Party company to provide service, and they are absolutely unable to fix anything in less than 2-weeks... (Funny, the re-alignment took 48 hours for a tech to show up, definitely quick).

In addition, as it turns out, the dish isn't out of alignment... Today it's working again. For the entire time we've been with this company, we've gotten the runaround. They play games with their customers, push to go to higher contract tiers to fix ramped data usage and still throttle them down after a week or 2 into their cycle. No solutions, only pay more and that will fix it, then nothing gets fixed. Done with this company, and recommend others to stay clear of them! You're better off hotspotting off your cellphone than paying for this garbage! DON'T GET SERVICE WITH VIASAT! You will only regret it in the end!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I contacted Viasat for service and explained I needed unlimited data as I use it to stream and was informed that there plan was 25/Mbs unlimited for $100/mo for the first 3/mo then $150/mo. It would be a 24/mo contract. Of course I agreed. After a few days the installation was performed and after the installer left I was then emailed the details of my internet. This is where I found the hidden information that I was only allowed 60/GB per billing cycle after which once you exceed this they prioritize the data. What they actually do is throttle your service. Before HULU and Netflix worked only because we had not exceeded the 60/GB. Once the 60/GB was passed HULU will no longer load, Netflix picture is fuzzy or continues to buffer so if you don’t mind only being able to watch Disney for $150/mo plus the $7/mo for the Disney channel that’s fine but this internet is definitely not worth the money.

I was never informed of 60/GB cap per billing cycle and it’s apparent they do not inform anyone of this. I have since filed an FCC complaint for Breach of Contract. Save your money unless you desperately have to have internet. But I can tell you this much - I get better internet on my Verizon phone than Viasat and it’s cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

We tried this provider and the customer service was ok. Had to get the modem/router replaced twice in a month, they said that wasn't normal and can confirm that another user had theirs for over a year no replacements. Luckily we didn't have to pay the service charges on either of those incidents(about $100). I wasn't sure of our data usage but quickly found out that we used the entire allowed amount in about 2 weeks and they didn't have a higher option for us. We have 2 tvs, 4 computers and 4 mobile devices that use data so our usage is almost 1T/month. I was turned off by the large cancellation charge and being told to ship back the equipment. I requested for pickup and was charged just under $100. We are lucky have a better option available to us but I do hope they get better data plans for future customers. Feeling ripped off isn't fun.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Customer service is non existent as soon as you sign the contract.. The service is so slow it brings to mind the old Dial Up speed... Have NEVER been able to enjoy any movie without it freezing up and I'm NOT trying to view it in HD mode. Forget about trying to watch a game on my expensive sports streaming service. Buyer Beware. This sucks!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Satellite only option. Called AT&T. Operator sold me a Viasat deal saying it was unlimited & start price was same for 2 yrs but I had to sign up right now for the DEAL. Not true, not unlimited. Now I have .04mbps download. Contacted Viasat when they sent my price info, they would not listen to the recorded sales pitch. Should have researched reviews.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I would not even give one star but it required one to post this review. This company should seriously be ashamed charging the fees that they charge for this so called internet, (I pay 90 bucks a month) you will be so much better off using a hot spot from your phone. I will be paying to cancel my contract early. I should have known The day we had it installed.... The installer said it was only slow because it was cloudy outside. They advertise speeds that are not even close to what they say they will be and over the past two wks I have called four to five times because I can’t even check my email. I have absolutely no internet connection at times?

Technical support said last week they were aware of the issue. There was an outage near where we live and have people working on it, couple days later it worked and yup back out again today. I called once again to tell them. They said today, "Well there must be a storm headed your way because it says it’s out due to the weather condition," (absolutely clear day outside today). This company should not even be in business. Please do not sign up for this company. 100 percent you will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

This is the worst satellite. It’s constantly buffers or you get nothing. It’s expensive. Cost more than Hughesnet for less data. If something else come out this way where I live I will cancel them in a heartbeat. They will not get one penny extra from me I never signed a contract but they're saying by me giving my card number was a contract. I’ll change my card number so they can’t get money from me. To cancel outright is 345.00. Do not waste your time or money on their lies.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I live 25 miles from the closest town and Viasat is my only option for internet service. This service is so bad that when my 2 year contract is up in April I'm going to cancel my service and just go without. They will never get another dime from me!!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

They sent a stuffy person to my door. Who knocked down a whole shelf. After 2 hrs of trying to get service, a 3rd world cust. serv. agent. Cut my my serv, and call back tomorrow. Still no service. After 4 days. I told them to get their equipment and leave. They threatened me with a 600.00 fee. Even though they told me I had 30 days to disconnect. Scam, buyer be ware!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Living in an area without conventional internet or cable can be a challenge. There are few options when it comes to getting internet, and ALL OF THEM SUCK!!! Viasat has the highest data allowance, but it is also the most expensive. They say it's unlimited, and that they don't throttle your speed...but they do "prioritize" your use behind other customers that have not yet reached the, not data cap,..."suggested monthly consumption amount". So basically they don't like the terms, "throttled" or "data cap", but that's EXACTLY what they are. Once you hit that number, don't bother trying to watch TV or use the internet...you'll just make yourself angry.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This would not allow me to leave this blank because they should not even get 1 star in my opinions! We canceled our service with ViaSat internet last week and the rep ended our service on the wrong date and now they charged our card in error and it will take 7 to 14 days before we can get our money back. I will NEVER use them EVER again. Why are we having to wait when it was their error?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

It’s a real shame that my first ever review I’m writing on this site is tragically negative. I would have written it on Google reviews if they were on there. Maybe Viasat is so bad they couldn’t even be posted on there. I have read some reviews at a couple of sites before dealing with this atrocious internet company and saw that they were very mixed. I wish I came across this site instead, I might have evaded these scammers! But even out of all the bad reviews I’ve read here (and ALL of them are bad), I haven’t read one that complains about the horrible experience I have unfortunately been subjected to with this company. So this will be the first of its kind. Let me explain.

So last Wednesday, I ordered and paid for the Viasat Internet installation, the Gold Plan, scheduled actually for today on Monday. Well, everything seemed fine and dandy, until I received an email reminder for the installation a couple of days after I ordered it (New Year’s). That email showed an incorrect address for which the service was to be installed. The incorrect address was wrong in ways that I couldn’t understand because when I initially told the representative my address who signed me up for the service, he said some of the numbers of the address wrong, I corrected him, and had him repeat it until it was right.

So how could they mess this up? So I went on the live chat to seek an immediate solution and was horrified to find out that I must cancel my account just to be able to correct my address and then reschedule the installation. I didn’t think this sounded right. So when I called and actually spoke with a representative over the phone, I was told that he would put it in the technician’s work order and on the day of installation when the tech calls me I could give them the right address. I hung up but I wasn’t satisfied with this answer because it contradicted what the other representative said in the live chat. So I called a second time and explained my issue all over again and this representative told me I indeed would have to cancel my account, but like the representative on the live chat, she assured me that I would not have to pay for the installation fee again.

So she transferred me to get this straightened out but I ended up talking to one of the most incompetent, unprofessional customer service representative I have ever spoken with in my whole life. This woman should not be working. This person sounded like she was really high and zoned out.... far out. After dealing with her nonsense she FINALLY transfers me (AGAIN!) to yet another customer representative who then informs me that the Sales Department is closed!!! I wasted up to 40 minutes trying to get a hold of them just to be told they were close all along! So I hang up, call back, explain all over again and get in touch with the supervisor. He reassures that the Sales Department was indeed closed.

So I called back again earlier today and just find out that I actually DO have to pay for the installation fee again!!!! That’s a load of **! So I go back to customer service and demand a refund, while letting them know I will never do business with these hacks again! But the representative claimed that he could not see any purchase of the installation on my closed account! So I demand to speak with the supervisor. The supervisor this time I think was different from before.

They sounded totally different. He explained that they can’t see everything on file for me because my service wasn’t installed and therefore was never even activated. But he said the refund was processed the day it was cancelled (even though I found it strange that he had to ask me when I cancelled because if he didn’t know when I cancelled how would he even know when I would get a refund at all?). He kept speaking over me and cutting me off, telling me that the refund will take up to 7 - 14 business days to go through.

Feeling defeated, I just decided to end the phone call as politely as I could (though I really wanted to curse him out like I did the customer service representatives the day I cancelled this crummy service). So what’s the moral of this story?: “VIASAT WILL CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY AND ALL SATELLITE INTERNET SUCK SO BAD IT AIN’T EVEN WORTH IT!!!” My only real solution to be able to get internet is to move out of the middle of nowhere!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I talked with two separate sales representatives to make sure I was getting the right plan for my needs. I spent quite a bit of time with each of them providing specific information of my use on the internet. Was told by both reps to get the Bronze plan. I used the service for 2 days only as it was worse than my cable service with 3 Mbs. Over the next 10 months I talked with several customer service reps and supervisors to stop my plan and get my $300.00 installation fee returned.

One supervisor who waived my contract also told me I should have never been sold this plan and that they have had other issues with improper sales information given to customers. After speaking with more than a dozen people the last rep told me the installation fee would not be refunded. This is such bad customer service given I had the equipment installed in good faith I was getting a good deal only to discover it was horrible. Still no willingness to refund the installation fees. Will never recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Whoever it reads my comments please don’t go with this company Viasat, you’re better off with your hotspot on your phone than with this company. I got the Platinum 100 and I tell you! these people really look for ways to rip people off, the service is horrible. Even if they offer you the best service they have you still won’t be able to watch a movie on Netflix.

This company is making money off the contract they force you to sign, yes a two-year contract and if for whatever reason you break the contract you will have to pay $15 for the remaining of the contact, well I preferred to pay the remaining of contact than to be paying $160 a month. You do the math, I only needed two weeks to realize this company was cheating me of my money. Yes it took two weeks for me to realize. Well I had enough of this company is getting rich off a people like you and I that don’t have the luxury of having AT&T or Spectrum next-door. However I will take a minute and report this to Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

This was my second complaint with Viasat regarding buffering. I boosted my coverage the first time. Since the beginning of their service I can’t access Amazon (at least I can get Netflix now). The customer service told me my television was too big to receive internet bandwidth. I then asked to be transferred to a tech person and he assured me my internet connection was perfect and it’s Amazon’s fault. I will live with this money grubbing amateur company until my contract expires they won’t get another cent from me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

We've had Viasat internet service since March 2020. About 2 months ago our service stopped working... We can't even connect through the ethernet cable from the computer. We have called multiple times trying to get this resolved as I work from home now... They sent a service tech out on Christmas eve and he was unable to resolve the issue. We were told we'd be able to cancel and the fees would be waived. Now we're being told they will not waive our cancelation fees.... We are paying for a service we can not use! This is unacceptable and a rip off. The network is overloaded and they continue to add more customers. The internet does not work... It's a scam.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The first installer drilled for holes in my roof for the satellite base but didn’t hit any studs. The satellite blew off the roof taking off roof shingles. I made over 10 phone calls to the company and never received any response. I’m in a two-year contract and they threatened to sue me if I left the contract but they’ve caused major damage to my house. The first layer customer service reps are in the Philippines and refuse to transfer you to anyone that can make a decision. They stick to their lines and threaten you. I’m going to file a lawsuit in small claims just to get out of my contract. Stay away from this company!!!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

If you're expecting any kind of quality do not pick ViaSat. It is intermittent due to the amount of people on it. You will not be able to download any movies no matter how short. Email is intermittent also. This service is very costly and useless. They keep raising their prices. I needed to put it on vacation mode which started at $50 a month then it went to $60 a month then it went to $70 a month for a sleep mode. Even when it's working it's not worth $70 a month. Do not buy ViaSat. It is a rip-off.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Sales rep said Viasat streams movies & Zoom but it doesn't work reliably. When I'm on Zoom or Skype people say I look fuzzy or blurry. There are long audio delays--- someone's lip moves but you don't hear the word till 30 seconds or a minute later!! The internet connection is chronically unstable and can be fast and then so low that it renders no service and these variations can happen all in one day (i.e. 17 mbps in the morning and .78 in the same evening).

There is always an unsatisfactory signal to noise ratio (between 5-6) and always severely high latency (above 600 and sometimes 700). When your allotted data used up, your supposedly unlimited service slows way down - sometimes impossible to get connected and download anything. Technician has told us what the signal noise ratio should be and it is never in the right range. But when I call the company they tell me via phone that they have performed tests (remotely) and everything is fine. So they won't authorize a tech to come. I'm looking at other options.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Absolutely, the worst satellite service period. The rep misinformed me about how the service actually worked. Literally with one person using this service it lags. This company is a fraudulent provider, and actually signed a contract without my knowledge or permission. For what we pay for internet it is horrible to have the amount of "possible" coverage. Unless you really have zero choice, do not get this internet provider. They never informed us of the data limit, as you use the data it becomes slower over time. You will be either forced to use snail internet service, or buy into another plan which probably won't work either. Poor customer service, as well as poor internet service. I highly recommend looking around for some other alternative to this service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

My wife and I recently moved to a rural location just south of a major city in Texas. Given the area the only service providers are Viasat, Hughes Net and a few scattered fixed wireless providers, none of which can service our address. We chose Viasat because my wife is active duty military and needed access to work from home intermittently due to covid. We signed up for the Unlimited 30 plan. The first month our Data cap was hit in 10 days, and even inside of that window the service does not allow my wife to login to her desktop at work. Viasat also told us that we would see around 30mbps, I have yet to clock a speed above 9mpbs and we average about 2-5mbps download and about 0.5 upload. We also received our first bill outside of the promotional cycle and it was 168 dollars and change. We were quoted 150$ from the service.

The extra was 10$ for their modem and 8 dollars for a care plan which I didn't ask for. We were told by their representative that the care plan is in case anything goes wrong we wouldn't have to pay for a tech visit. How would it ever make sense to charge someone for a tech visit if the problem is with YOUR SERVICE. They also told us that the cancelation fee is 15$ for every unused month of service you have left on a ridiculous 2-year contract and actually asked, when we mentioned considering canceling, if we thought the cancelation fee was high enough to make us reconsider.

Using cancelation fees as a bludgeon against customers who have little to no other options in terms of service is just disgusting. It's a little ridiculous that in 2020 a company can capture an area and exploit and abuse its customers so viciously and still have a license from the FCC to conduct business. I would rate Viasat Negative stars if it would allow me. Avoid this company. It's not worth the headache or the hundreds of dollars it will inevitably cost you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I purchased a 2 year contract with Viasat under the Gold "Unlimited" Plan. Let me be clear with you, since they will not... This is in NO WAY whatsoever an "unlimited" plan! I informed them (before I purchased) that I had 5 people in my house- with 2 of them online schooling right now, through the Covid-19 pandemic. I said I would absolutely need reliable internet service for this. They assured me that this plan would be perfect for my family. Then they roped me into a 2 year contract with the promise of delivering what we needed for services.

In literally 2 DAYS after acquiring their service, they informed me that we had already used all of our 100GBs for the whole month... And this was basic usage on our part, too... In 2 days... Which means now we cannot get an internet connection/homeschool/watch movies/make calls on our cell phones during "high congestion" hours... That means from 8am till at least 11pm, our service is completely useless, until the next month renews the new 100GBs- which then only lasts a few days..

On their contract they state that if you go over your 100GBs, they .."may prioritize your data behind other customers during network congestion, which will result in slower speeds...." This is a blatant LIE. The speeds don't just slow down- your access to any internet connection stops almost completely during 'high congestion' hours. You will NOT be able to get online until late late at night. Now the only time my children can get a reliable connection to homeschool is from 1am-5am....?!? And if I back out of this contract- they penalize me hundreds of dollars. They LIED to me about the service I would have, and when I called to complain, they said they could only offer me tips on how to conserve my GBs... That's it.. My children have no way to school now and I'm stuck with a service we can barely use for 2 years. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PURCHASE VIASAT!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

We are in an Internet desert, and our options are few. Out of desperation and based on the advice of a neighbor, I decided to try ViaSat. Sadly, I did not first check this website (ConsumerAffairs dot com). I gave ViaSat six months to deliver. They didn't. Performance was so bad that it locked up my computer and I had to reboot twice. This was just one incident. Their tech support tries to be helpful, but their hands are tied. The performance is lousy. Don't do it. Trust me, you'll avoid hours of frustration.

Viasat Company Information