Formerly named Exede

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.01/5

Viasat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

We signed up for Viasat thinking it was our only option in our area. We paid the installation and they came to put the dish up. The guy that came out used an existing cable and did a horrible messy job with cables. Tried to coil the cables up on the ground and cover with dirt. We also discovered that it was not grounded out at all which is a big safety concern! We had them for less than a month when we discovered AT&T wifi and paid the $350 to get out of our contract. Do not use them!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We have had Viasat for a couple of years, we paid for the Gold service and it is horrible, we may have a couple of days at fair speed, but then it drops into the kilobit range. I had service man out. He said it was our equipment, did not hear anything from them, I finally called and they said they had no record of it. Sent another service man out. Said he is not sure what was going on. No follow up. My wife wanted me to take pictures of our speed tests and send it to them, we are going to cancel. I do not want to waste anymore of my time, unfortunately we do not live far from city, but no land lines for internet here. Google fiber went through our town to business down the road they said they were not going to offer service to private homes.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

If you have other options choose one! If you absolutely have to use Viasat...Don't plan on moving, changing your service or disputing anything they charge! That's if you're one of the lucky ones that actually get an installer or tech. To show up on time. By no means! And, I mean by no means!! Fall for the $300. Equipment purchase! I "Bought" my equipment under the impression I would then "Own" the equipment! I was told this way I would own it, not have a monthly rental, not get a credit ding and never have to return anything! That was a lie! They want to charge me an early termination fee, equipment rental and want me to return the equipment!

I scheduled a tech. To prove I had no service at my new address. Tech never showed! Big surprise! Now I'm dealing with my bank for fraud, BBB dispute, negative reviews and telling thousands of potential customers at tens of thousands of apartment buildings to not use viasat or any affiliates!!!! I'll still be pursued for payment. They'll never get any! It will cost viasat tens of thousands of dollars before it's over!!! Lol!! Lol!! Lol!!!! Viasat...I hope it was worth you lying about $299.00!! Have a good day!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Even under perfect conditions, while still under data cap, the best we can get out of our "50Mbit" services is about 1.5Mb. If there are clouds in the sky or a bird flies overhead, it drop to 20% of that. If it starts raining, forget it. When COVID hit, their response to the crisis was to sell you a more expensive plan...which was no better. With my new "unlimited service" at 100Gig, the speed drops to under 56KB per second. Dial up speed. Their technicians are barely trained and merely read from poorly written scripts. Unfortunately, living in the sticks as I do, it's them or nothing. There are government agencies that control everything else. Where is the agency that controls these morons?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Their service is not what they say it is. Run fast if you are thinking of their service. Only use if last resort. Says unlimited but your gigs run up even with modem unplugged. I know I did a few day test. Unhooked for two days and my Viasat showed I used 17 gig of my service. Something fishy with this company. Plus the high price too. Don't use them. Lesson learned for me? Would I recommend them, absolutely not?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I signed up for Viasat because nothing else was available where I live. They sent out an independent contractor to set it up and he was great, very professional and no problems. I got the highest package they advertised because it was "up to 30 Mbps". I always wonder how companies get away with the "up to" promise but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. I never saw speeds greater than 5 Mbps, and after I used more than 100 Gb in a month the speed dropped to less than 1 Mbps making it difficult to stream or even do anything online. I knew when I signed up it was a two year contract. They were very clear about that. I sucked it up for a year until I just got too fed up and I heard about an alternative, OTR Mobile which uses LTE4G.

After I got my new OTR Mobile internet hooked up, I called Viasat to cancel because you're not allowed to cancel on line. There's a reason they don't let you cancel online, and it is because they don't let you cancel anywhere. I was on the phone with a customer service agent for 20 minutes telling him I wanted to cancel. He offered a one time $50 credit which I declined. He offered to upgrade to an even higher package with a discount for 3 months which I declined. He then suggested that I run ethernet cables to everything I wanted to use because that would help with my speed. Each time I would decline and state that I just wanted to cancel. Then he asked if I was aware of the cancellation fee. I said "Yes, I am aware of the $15/month fee for the remainder of the contract". He said that would come to $120. I said, "Great, because that's $50 less than my monthly fee."

This went on and on. He went back to the ethernet cable and explained to me that he ran 100 feet of ethernet cable from his bedroom to the tv and it really helped. I asked, "Do you have Viasat?" He said "No, he lives in the city and has cable internet". It was like I was speaking a foreign language that did not have a translation for the word CANCEL. Then he read the disclosure about sending the equipment back, etc. I have read the other reviews on here about them saying the equipment was not returned, so I will photograph the process and get receipts and track it all. They must be very desperate for customers is all I can figure. I highly recommend looking around for some other alternative to this service.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I called and signed up for ViaSat. They called to change the installation to a day earlier, which was great for me, but then the guy showed up two hours early - which wouldn't have worked five minutes later as I was about to head out. After four hours and literally calls with six different people (not to mention endless menus), and the installation - which already started and tore up my yard - couldn't be completed because the work order didn't match the working satellite (ViaSat 2) but the one with no line of vision, ViaSat 1). I'll wait for Elon and stick with Hughesnet, which does at least work. AND they installed it when and how it was promised.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

First, let me start by saying that I have been a customer of Viasat for over 7 years. In that time I have been relatively pleased with them with the exception that they seem very reluctant to send out technicians. I am a Priority Care customer which means I pay a little extra so that when I do need a tech, it won't cost me an arm and a leg or maybe none at all.

Back in June I called Viasat because we could no longer download videos or stream anything. It was just too slow and we were going through data like water. They ran a test and said there was nothing wrong and suggested I buy more data. I did and we went through it in one day. We were going through 25 mgb in one and half to two weeks, and we weren't home half the time. We went on with no internet connectivity or sporadic connectivity for the next several months. When I finally demanded a tech be sent out, he said the modem wasn't working. He replaced it, and we were up and running again.

I called customer service to see if they could give us some credit since we hadn't had decent internet for a while and the modem was their equipment. I was told they could give me 5 days worth since that was the first time they saw a complaint about connectivity. I asked about June. The customer service rep said they didn't have anything about me complaining about connectivity in June. Long story short, when you call make sure everything you are having issues with is written in the person's notes you speak to. It was their loophole to take my $95 for the last four months, but they couldn't even give me a month's credit.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

DIFFICULTY IN CANCELING A VIASAT CONTRACT. The contract for internet connection for my brother in Burgaw NC has already been cancelled (I live in Oakland, CA) so I’m only writing this to request forwarding of a complaint. The internet service contract was under my name, account number **, service agreement **. I needed to cancel the contract because my brother moved out of the Burgaw NC address where the equipment was installed. The cancellation never went through.

Here is entire sequence of events: June 29, 2020, I called Viasat 1-256 279 5720 to arrange for internet service on a 3-month “Promotion” at **. One September 28, I contacted Viasat via chat to cancel the promotion as indicated on their website: ** Their service partner EXEDE: 1 855-453-9333. On September 29, I contacted Viasat via chat with an address to send the shipping box. My brother had moved out from the location in Burgaw where the equipment was installed. I didn’t think it was safe for his ex domestic partner to move the transceiver in front of the satellite dish. I gave the shipping address of my brother’s friend in Wallace NC to the chat agent. I printed the chat transcript. Agent said box would be sent to that address instead of where the equipment was installed. I have the chat transcript. 1 855-453-9333.

My next Auto-pay was scheduled for 11/4/20. On 11/4/20 Viasat charged my account $90.26. October 13, shipping box still not received. Called Viasat. I was told that contracts cannot be cancelled via chats even though I was not told that via the previous chats. Cancellation only through phone calls. I called 1 855-453-9333 to cancel for the second time. Phone agent said no record of previous cancellation. I told him that address for shipping box was in the file and I had the chat transcripts.

Because of the shipping box problem, I decided to arrange for a Viasat technician to go to the ** to get the equipment. The cost for the trip would be $95. I was told the technician can only disconnect the equipment. The technician cannot send the equipment back. Someone at the installation address would have to place the equipment in the shipping box and arrange for a UPS pickup or take to a UPS store. I was never told this during previous chats.

Bonnie **

10/13/20 Phone **

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

If you are looking for internet never do Viasat. From day one never work. Only one week with the service and we are disconnecting now. Plus we have to paid. Bad bad internet slow and expensive. Bad customer service. Be aware.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We moved into an area that doesn’t have access to any other internet providers, and had no choice but to get Viasat. This is by far the most expensive internet we’ve ever paid for to not even be able to do anything with it! My children can’t do any of their online schooling. We’ve had to get hotspots just so they can complete school work. Can’t even begin to try to work from home on this internet!

Being home during the pandemic we like to stream music and movies and shows. Let me say again, we would like to! It barely ever works. So many family movie nights we had to go somewhere and rent a movie because we can’t use our online services due to lack of data from our internet. We have the gold package. $170 package! How is it even allowed to be labeled as unlimited? I miss Spectrum. I can’t stand being forced to pay so much money for the absolute worst internet experience!!! We are stuck until this area is allowed another provider. Can you sue an internet company for stress and trauma? I hate to be so dramatic, but we are all so sick of it. I’m having to get onto children about not using internet so we can use it some other time. Ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We purchased Viasat internet because we had a new build and was told by ATT that it would be a good company. Guy came out, set everything up and told us we were good to go. He stated we should give it 24 hours to reach its best potential. Gave it the 24 hours and the speeds were worse than the day before. Was paying for 50gb and was getting 1 at best. Called to have a technician come out and fix the problem which this was 2 days later by now and they wanted to charge me another 90 something dollars to get it working right. We argued we would not be allowed saying that amount which the guy harassed me over and over saying I had to pay it. I ended up hanging up on him. Then called back and got someone else who told us we were covered under the 30 days and we did not have to pay to have a technician come check it out but it would be 3 days before they could do it.

They came out and said it was fixed once again and still couldn’t do anything online. Called the guy right back, he returned and drilled a hole in our wall and put another outlet in. Then checked and it was still horrible. Told us we wouldn’t get better than that. It wasn’t even close to what our contract said we would be getting. Then when I went to check the mail we noticed he had ran over 3 of our spotlights that light up our driveway. Called to cancel and to get out of the contract. They charged us another 300 and something to break the contract on Internet we never received and only had been on our property for 5 days total. So in the long run don’t get it. They charged us over 500 for service we never received.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

ViaSat is a HORRIBLE company. This company will take your money if they deliver service. They'll take your money if they don't deliver service, and they'll take your money when you no longer want their service. We were told by Viasat that the service we could get with them would be enough for the devices and use we would need. This is false. We were told that they offer unlimited data. This is also false. It's unlimited until it reaches a point (which is exactly NOT the definition of unlimited), and then you will be prioritized behind customers who have not gone over their data cap, or in other words, your service will be slowed down to the point of unusable because you reached your data cap.

If you have their largest package (which we do), you "cannot buy more data because you can not buy more of something that is unlimited". If it's sunny, rainy, snowy, cloudy, windy, or if weather exists at all well it might work or it might not, but "they can't guarantee it will work bc that's the nature of satellite". Ours is extremely spotty at best and doesn't work at all most of the time.

Oh, and you'll be locked into a 2-year contract that NOBODY told you about, and they don't have your signature for bc you in fact never signed anything, but somehow you signed a contract that you are locked into. I can't figure out the legality of that one at all, but we are in that boat, along with many others if you check out ANY reviews about this company. If you try to cancel the very expensive service you are not receiving, they will be charging $350ish for that. You'll also be charged $350ish if you don't return your equipment, which includes the satellite dish that is to be returned in a mailable box.

They have a shady business model - they make money off of their customers regardless of if they provide service, as well as when their customers want to leave their service. I am not sure in what other business it's acceptable to take people's money and not deliver on the service paid for but that's 100% what Viasat is getting away with; they lie and steal from their customers. Also, if you leave a negative review on FB they will remove it and block you, and apparently on BBB they get to have an A+ rating for their shady behavior.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I was a Viasat customer for 10 years (paying every bill and charge on time), and I would strongly advise you to avoid them if at all possible. The only other provider in our rural area is Hughes Net. T-mobile reached out to us with a hotspot deal a few months ago, and I immediately signed up, terminating our service with Viasat after three trial weeks of excellent internet with the hotspot (less than a third of the price as well). I also paid $15 to put a Stop Pay on my bank account, having read multiple times (during miserable bouts of searching the internet for other ISPs that ended in reading reviews of the company) that they continue to withdraw money from your account after service is terminated, or charge for equipment that's been returned.

The latter happened to me. I returned the equipment (worth over $300, according to the charge) a week after I received their pre-labled box (the closest UPS drop off is 30 miles away). I kept the drop off receipt, along with video of me packing the equipment into the box, and pics of the drop off. It didn't help. Viasat keeps sending me threatening emails and letters, telling me they're going to turn me into collections, even after I've spent hours on the phone and online chat with them. I have had two agents tell me they received the package two days after I mailed it - then they tell me that they have to talk to their supervisors, and the call is dropped. The other agents I've talked with told me that the investigation has been "escalated", and to call back in 3-5 days.

I did, multiple times, the last time learning they've determined I didn't return the equipment. Final answer. Despite the tracking number I gave them, despite me calling UPS, who looked up the tracking number and gave me the same time and date that they did, and affirmed that the package was returned and this is a scam - I just got another threatening letter yesterday. I called an agent, again, and they finally agreed to have a supervisor give me a callback. The supervisor was supposed to call me in half an hour. I waited outside (cell phone signal out here is weak, and I was terrified I would miss the call) for an hour and a half. No one called. I feel like a complete chump for believing anything a Viasat representative tells me. I've filed a complaint with the BBB, and am leaving reviews for other prospective customers - avoid my situation!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I've had Viasat for only 4 mo. w/ nothing but problems. They bill for services never received, takes months to get refunded then they immediately rebill again. Billing tells me they can't adjust bill?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I work for a telecom company for VoIP phones, I also manage the ISP for some of our customers. One of our customers had no choice but to get Viasat internet due to their location. It is spotty AT BEST. The connection is terrible and there were always issues. They can now get different internet at their location and we have done so.

I have tried MULTIPLE times to cancel our Viasat Services. The first time I called and spoke to someone, they said we had a $13 early term cancellation charge but it was cancelled and we were all set. Well, they did NOT cancel our account and came back to charge us for another month of service. I have tried calling MANY MANY times now and have been left on hold for at least 30 minutes every time, one time I waited over and HOUR. I also emailed their business care email address (which is what the website says to do) twice now, it's been WEEKS and I have heard NOTHING. I am sitting on hold right now actually, waiting for someone. They are HORRIBLE, DO NOT GET VIASAT.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I signed a two year commitment about 20 months ago. I have a travel trailer in a remote area that is extended stay and most people have been here 3-7 years. I took my trailer to a State Park for a week back in January and while helping someone recover through ACL surgery my travel trailer and truck both was stolen. Everything I owned was in that trailer and/or truck. I suspended the account until I could find a suitable replacement. I finally made it back to the extended stay park in June.

I have been paying for service all these months (now September soon to be November) and my account shows date used through this entire period of zero used. I have called no less than 50 times to restart my plan and there is no way to speak live to anyone in any department. I even removed my auto payment method hoping that would prompt a call but again to no response. I finally got a client support member on the phone yesterday and their policy is until you update your payment method they will not in ANY situation speak to you,.. I do not understand this.

Their service as far as fast internet works great but customer service and company policy is the worst I have ever seen with ANY company,., It is frustrating but I refuse to pay another month until I speak live with a company representative that has the authority to help me. Why pay for a service you can not use?? I would like to say this could be updated but my past experience tells me that will never happen. I would beware if Viasat ISP...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have never seen anything such as this satellite internet with Viasat. I became a customer 2 weeks ago because Satellite was my only option after we bought a home in the country. I bought the biggest and fastest plan they offered. We were coming from a metropolitan area where we had truly unlimited data with 100mps download speed, so I knew that we were going to have to adjust our usage. The largest, fastest Viasat plan that I was offered was unlimited data up to 100gb then we would be prioritized against customers not over their data allotment and download speed up to 25mps. I still don’t know what happened, but we managed to hit 100gb in 4 days! I am paying over $170 a month for this plan and now that we are over the 100gb the internet is NOT prioritized, it has slowed to a crawl. There is just enough to legally say they are providing us with service, but nothing loads, nothing!

Basically, I am paying $170 for 4 days’ worth of internet. My 2 sons are in a digital academy at home for school which requires them to log on to zoom-like meetings with the teacher and classmates and log in to do assignments. The sole purpose of the home Wi-Fi was so the kids could do their schooling. My husband and I have unlimited data phone plans, so we use that and do not log in to the kids' Wi-Fi…so how did this happen? Even Viasat could not tell me. I called them to ask how, and could they help, was there anything they could do…the foreign customer service rep was so unhelpful. He could not explain it or help me understand it. He was totally unwilling to offer to assist in any way. He spent the entire phone call listening to me rant and saying he understood.

The phone call was so unproductive that I finally ended it by asking what I had to do and how much would I have to pay to end the contract…a mere $360 and they would pay to have the equipment I rent shipped back. BEWARE…throughout the entire process of setting up service they tried to sell me other, unnecessary services. I just do not know how it is legal to take a market that has only 2 companies (Viasat & Hughesnet) as internet service providers and allow them to rob you.

My family should not be punished because we choose to move to the country. So after explaining to the customer service rep that no we do not game online, or stream endlessly, have any smart home devices, or more than 2 devices connected to the Wi-Fi at any given time he could not help me understand why we ran out of data so quickly and his best thought out plan was to tell me how I could get out of my contract. They clearly have no desire to keep customers once they get them, they just get them for as much as fast as possible before they realize they are being hosed. I will be leaving Viasat, we are setting up a cellular data plan and hotspot device in our home and it will be cheaper per month than Viasat and we will have internet the entire month.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

AWFUL company! Beware they will lie to you to get your business promising that their plan will support your needs and then when you cannot pull up a webpage state that their contract did not promise a speed but up to a certain amount. They promised speeds that should have supported streaming multiple devices and could not even support the most basic needs. Dial-up would be better. Then when you request to get out of your contract because what the sales rep promised was completely inaccurate and your internet is unusable the response is you signed a contract!

You can get out for a small fee of $300 and oh yeah climb on your roof and remove your equipment or that will be another couple hundred. The company says they are sorry that the sales team misrepresented information but tough luck, you signed a contract. Completely unethical and will lie to get your business. Stay away- dial-up is better and cheaper. Oh yeah - don’t even think to ask for the supervisor David, he is a joke and just keeps saying, "You signed a contract, it doesn’t matter what our sales rep said." Awful!! Update: I left my experience on their FB page and it was deleted. I was blocked for leaving this same exact review.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I called AT&T to try and hook up internet and they provided me with Viasat Satellite service. I chose the Unlimited Silver $100 Per month due to Rep promised that it would accommodate my needs. I have 2 high school students and I work remote. My children and I all like to stream at night and go online. Now, I fully understand that we would have to watch our usage...however the service doesn't work and eats up data while not allowing you to do anything.

I have called provider maybe 20 times. Every rep says something different. I spoke to another rep that told me the service was sold to me by a 3rd party whom By The Way LOCKED ME IN A 24 MONTH CONTRACT, AND that I would have to pay $360 to cancel. Then convinced me to upgrade to gold $150 per month!!!! The service still doesn't work!!!! I had my son plugged into the modem and his classes still lost connection and we are nowhere near the data limit. I try called company again.... and every time I enter my zip code it says it can not be found and hangs up on me!!! 20 times I have done this....

I try online chat...while on wifi.,.,while standing next to the modem...The online check clears yet the person on the other end of the chat makes it seem like my messages are not coming thru....Until I threaten to sue then all the sudden starts typing back stating he is getting the messages even....But when I ask about why the discount (measly $30) wasn't added to the $150 bill I received 7 days after connecting service they all the sudden are not receiving messages anymore. Someone please help....Can I sue this company....I feel 1000% swindled and taken advantage of... I am a single parent who not only can not get this service to work properly enough for my children to do their remote learning, let alone for myself to work and pay the outrageous bill!!!! Hellllp!!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I changed to Viasat 10 months ago when the worst internet company failed to provide service. At first, the internet worked ok, but when the pandemic hit I was suddenly always "out of data". The technician and sales person claims that it is unlimited data. It is, as long as you do not use more data than your plan and then you get shut off. Since I was teaching online during this time, I was unable to do my job. In the past 5 months I have called 37 times and today I finally cancelled. They are liars. Now they claim I have a contract and will hold me to it. I asked to see a copy with my signature and they said they use a standard contract and don't need signatures.

They want to charge hundreds for me abandoning my "contract" and want a senior citizen to climb on the roof and take down the sat dish to return to them. They are crooks, they are liars and totally unethical. One person I spoke with said they would waive any fees since I am unhappy and then transferred me to another agent who would give me a "cancellation number". That guy started demanding I agree to pay extra fees and when I would not got very nasty. When I said the previous person said the fees would be paid, he replied "that was him, now I'm in charge and we do this my way". Avoid these people....Liars, Cheats, Thieves....

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Although I live in a rural area, the internet coverage is sub par at best most times. For what we pay for internet it is horrible to have the amount of "possible" coverage. I spend more time on my portable hot spot device working from home than on the actual WiFi from Viasat. The insane thing is my work computer is 3 steps from the modem so the "you need to move closer to your modem" is not going to happen. If a breeze comes through outside the satellite dish freaks out. I am stuck with this coverage until I can get out of my contract. Unless you really have zero choice, do not get this internet provider.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Well, I built a home in the country. Ordered Viasat. It took forever as there was a communication barrier between me a Ahbi **. Viasat sent an email containing a video of three installation possibilities. One week later the tech arrives. And before he even exited his truck, he started complaining. He appeared under the influence. He continued his complaining and said he was going to screw the dish down to my garage roof. I explained that would void my roofing warranty and pointed to a coax cable coming out of the house, and explained the contractor did that for dish and for him to use that line and install the dish as close as he could get to it. He complained more that he didn’t have a ladder. I offered mine. He moaned and groaned more and stated if he put it on the wall (which is concrete lap and 3/4 plywood/ plenty strong to hold a 5 lb dish) that he wouldn’t get paid for the job. I agreed and told him to hit the road.

After 3 hours and 47 minutes of trying to reach someone at Viasat (they only answer to sell you something) a call came in from a girl stating she is the contractor. I explained my dilemma, she didn't care and said Viasat’s video didn’t matter, they do it how they want to and that was that. Finally, I call corporate and get the rudest woman I’ve ever spoke to, quick to cut you off, wouldn’t listen, just wanted to run me off. I wouldn’t refer this company to anyone. Worst customer service on the planet?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

This company is really bad. I was a Customer for over 3 years, paid on time all those years. But when I canceled and sent my equipment back they still charge me $320.00. They say I didn’t send it. So upset.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

This company is a fraudulent provider and actually signed a contract without my knowledge or permission and even misspelled my last name. They never informed us of the data limit and after 4 days following installation, we had no internet service what-so-ever. Contacted technical support and they stated they could not fix the problem by phone and would have to send out a technician. The technician called and said the reason why we had not internet is that we exceeded the data limit!!! I have contacted supervisor after supervisor and now the legal department. No response. I have submitted complaints to the FTC and BBB and wasn't surprised to hear that they have the lowest ratings possible and both entities have received hundreds of complaints. I will be taking legal action for forgery of my signature on the contract.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I have always had a problem getting reasonable internet and TV since I live in a rural area. I currently pay $200 per month to Viasat for up to 100 Mbps. The last few evenings the speed is about 0.2 Mbps. About 500 times less than expected. This is similar to Verizon and T-Mobile cell service. Quite unusable. I recommend you do not do business with this company, but realize you maybe stuck until Elon Musk shakes them up with satellite internet (we hope).

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The neighbors have Viasat and had the techs out today to move their satellite. These guys left today leaving the neighbors wood pallet and an old dish satellite on my property, like this is the trash area to drop things... I went outside and flagged them down as they were driving away and asked them to remove it. They acted like it wasn't their responsibility. I don't have dish or a wood pallet. Just a weird experience. So unprofessional. I don't recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I was hired at Horizon. My internet speed wasn't fast enough. I talked to 2 salespeople several times. They agreed it work for me for the required specification or I wouldn't have to pay. After they were done I had a speed of 1.8 to 9 mbps. I paid for silver package. I called and tried to cancel Now they are trying to charge me an addition charge of 350.00 on top of the 150.00 I paid. A total,of 500.00. I reported this 1 hour after installation. Scam artists. Total misrepresentation of their service. They guaranteed I'd be able to do remote work. Actually you can't. Also they say you can do gaming this doesn't work either. Latency is horrible. Frozen and lagging. Someone help. If I could rate negative 5 I would.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I do not write reviews. In fact I really try to be positive. But this company made me extremely upset. The service itself is not that great. The installer even came to our house and talked trash about the company they work for. We would have internet sometimes during the eight months that I had ViaSat. The worst of it came when I moved out of state from Florida to Kentucky. I can't really go into too much detail except that this company will lie to you. They will tell you what they're going to do for you and say have a nice day and then you've got to call back the next week or two and ask them to get it done again. ViaSat is not an honest company. They're all about just getting people to sign up. Please to avoid the headaches. Just find another internet provider.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have been a customer of Viasat since it was Wildblue. WildBlue, Exede, and now Viasat. When it was Wildblue I believe they were trying to give customers in rural areas something better. I had been with Hughes Net and the switch to Wildblue was positive. Then came Exede where I was paying $150.00 for 3Mbps download. That wasn’t great, but something. They changed their plans and I received the same service with 150 GB for $75. Then they became Viasat. They put a new satellite up and said they have newer, better, faster, very much more expensive service. And the equipment is Soooo much better. So, I finally gave in and switched when they were running a special that stated if you buy the highest two tiers of service, you will not be throttled.

So, I bought the highest service at $200.00 per month. Now I know the state of the art equipment makes sure that they throttle you at the exact second you hit your 150 GB. I have been throttled to below 1 Mbps every month. I am supposedly paying for a speed of 100MBps download and 3 Mbps upload. Speeds can vary they say. Today was my first day of service this month and I have spent 2 GB trying to stream a single show for 4 hours. Amazingly, at 11:25 pm the streaming suddenly opened up. Viasat said we were getting 35 Mbps download for the past four hours and a third party said we were getting 603kbps. Less than 1 Mbps download speed. Don’t worry, when you run out of GB you are welcome to buy more for a hefty fee.

They made 2 billion last year hiking prices and throttling customers. Even though I am 5 month into this plan, and they don’t allow you to go back to an old plan, because they know they are adding to their bottom line at the expense of each and every customer who moves from the Exede plan or moves to Viasat from Hughes Net. I will be moving to Starlink if they give half of what they are looking to offer. That seems like a company who initially wants to help people. Cable is $35. Viasat top tier $200 for 1 to 10Mbps, while boasting it’s up to 100.

Starlink is trying to give its satellite customers the cable experience for a reasonable price of $80. They are running a beta test through the end of this year and already have 700,000 people wanting to join. That’s how bad these two Companies have been. And that’s just the people who are aware that this is coming. My suggestion is to keep what you have for 5 more months and switch to Starlink when it becomes available. If you are with Exede, DON'T MOVE TO VIASAT, unless you want to pay more than double the price for the exact same service.

Viasat Company Information