3.75/5

RoboForm

Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.

71 RoboForm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 7, 2018

I have been using RoboForm for so many years I don't remember how many! I always loved the program and felt it was the very best out there until the latest update. I understand there are probably very good reasons for the change they made but I HATE that I now have to log in every time to pull up the toolbar to use it. Other than that, it is still the best one out there!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I use RoboForm already several years (I found in my files an order dated 13 Dec 2006). In the past I tried some other password programs, but every time I came back to RoboForm. I am very satisfied with RF and like to use it further. Thanks to the development staff for their great job done in the past (and the future I hope).

Original review: March 3, 2018

RoboForm is probably my most favorite piece of software I own. It is so easy to use and saves me so much time. Plus as I get older and with so many passwords I don't see how I could get along without it. I feel so much more secure online using RoboForm. It may be the reason I have not had security issues.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have had RoboForm for over 5 years and have been very reliant on it. I cannot go without it, with all the numerous passwords to remember and filling in forms, this is such a blessing. I have got my family also to use it and they love it as well. The cost is minimal and I have not had any problems or hacking with it. It is something that everyone who goes on the internet should have. Wonderful product for the price you pay.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have been a very happy RoboForm user for 15+ years. I have “leaked the secret” to many good friends who are as happy as I am. It is very user friendly, very secure, and makes managing (about150 - 200) passwords so simple. The proverbial caveman could do it, or even cavewoman.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have used RoboForm now for many years, the first few years I used the free version as it allows saving up to 10 passwords then I switched to the regular version and have been a member for over 15 years now and would not use any other. It is safe, it is easy and I do not ever have to worry about hackers or security issues.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have used RoboForm for many years now and have found it extremely reliable, easy to work with and make modifications and corrections to my mistakes. I highly recommend this app to anyone be it a few passwords or many.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Everywhere I go I can't go without this Robo! On my smartphone, tablet, laptop. Or on the computers at home. I would be lost in cyberspace without... Thanks to the synchronisation I can log in wherever I go. It's so comfortable to know that I only need to know ONE password (and one 5digit key). All time favourite.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This is the best password tool that I have ever used. Updates are installed flawlessly and timely. Support is within 24 hours and they stay with you until problem solved. I would recommend this product to even the PC user that has little to no experience.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Recently I moved to version 8, but since then I experience it as a disadvantage compared with version 7 that two different Windows profiles cannot really synchronise. The reason is that after synchronisation all profiles will have the same layout of RoboForm as the one who has synchronised as last one. The RoboForm Service Desk has recommended to switch of the synchronisation of the other account, but this is not a practical solution. The other account also wants to be capable to synchronise. Although RoboForm is a very handy package this is not a good development.

RoboForm response

Hi Pieter - You can have multiple Windows accounts with a different RoboForm account on each. To do so, you will need to create a RoboForm account for each grouping of data that you'd like to separate. Please note, each RoboForm account created requires a separate license. When using RoboForm within a different windows user, you can select "change account" to gain access to all of your created accounts. You can also sync each RoboForm account across any Windows account where RoboForm is installed.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Have used RoboForm a number of years but have increasing problems: 1) Identifying and loading new identities with required passwords, 2) Inconsistent functioning -- works sometimes, not so well other times, 3) Each upgrade produces more problems. Other programs are on the market. Has the time come for me to change?

RoboForm response

We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues with RoboForm. If you can please send us the steps to reproduce, our technical team will gladly investigate and assist with producing the required fix. Thank you. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I love RoboForm and use it on my desktop, notebook, and cell phone. I have hundreds of different passwords, each associated with different websites, that I could not possibly remember. I add notes to some of the RoboForm logins to help me remember security questions. I have recommended RoboForm to lots of friends.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I appreciate being able to use it over different platforms (cell, tablet, computer), different locations (home, work), both with cloud access and without (no internet connection). I also really appreciate the level of encryption to help keep my passwords safe. Would appreciate option to "time & date stamp" updates to passwords, to help keep a running data set of what recent passwords used for a site are, and when it was last changed/updated.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have used RoboForm for several years. I tried others before trying RoboForm and decided RoboForm was far and away better than any other I had tried. That was about 9 years ago. And I am still with them, and have no intentions of leaving them. As long as I can use a computer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I've used RoboForm for almost two decades and it just keeps getting better. I recommend RoboForm to all of my friends and family. I love the way it integrates with all of the browsers that I use on a daily basis. I also use the mobile app all the time.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have been with RoboForm for a great number of years and have always been impressed with the technical staff. They communicate quickly and give clear instructions on how to resolve any problem. If anyone asked for a recommendation I would not hesitate in doing so.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I feel there are too many updates and sometimes it is confusing which update is the one for me. There needs to be more layperson thinking, not tech head. Also it would be nice to talk to a human instead of emails back and forth which stretches out the resolution of the problem. I'm glad RoboForm works in Edge now.

RoboForm response

Hello Salvatore, thanks for your note. We do offer US based phone support for Everywhere subscribers of RoboForm. As far as updates, we are constantly improving and adapting to browser updates (which are also frequent), but we do seek to minimize disruptions to our users.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have used RoboForm for many years and versions. In my humble opinion, it cannot be beat. I have looked at other password managers and have tried a few. Nothing comes close to RoboForm! I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

RoboForm has helped me stay organized and I can always easily find my usernames and passwords plus the extreme ease of auto filling my forms. I can't say enough good things about RoboForm! Bottom line: I love it and could not adequately do business without it! Thank you RoboForm, for an amazing tool!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have been using RoboForm for password management for several years and give the program a 5 star rating. It has worked great for me all these years and I plan on it being a part of my computer use far into the future. Usernames and passwords are difficult to remember to say the least. RoboForm makes this problem a thing of the past. Hats off to RoboForm.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Since I have so many internet accounts and they each need strong password, the only way I like to keep track is RoboForm Free. With RoboForm Free I only have to remember three passwords, one for RoboForm and two for computer access. The features of RoboForm Everywhere are not important in my situation.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I've been using RoboForm for too many years to count and love it! It's been faithfully upgraded when prompted. That is, UNTIL NOW! I upgraded to Ver 8 and find that in order to use the name of another household member, I'd have to sign in with a different RoboForm account. It's a waste of time for me to do that. I always use different names depending on who the purchase is for, or whose subscription it is, for example. So, sorry RoboForm. I'm sticking with Ver 7.9 as long as possible, or going somewhere else if I have to.

RoboForm response

Hello Susan, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty. We do realize that Profiles were a convenient feature for some users, but there was always the limitation that they were never available on mobile for instance, while Accounts are. One option that has worked for many users who would frequently switch between Profiles in v7 is to create a Shared folder for any data that you frequently use from someone else's account. This would eliminate the need to switch at all, and would allow immediate access on all your devices as well: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005865048-Creating-a-shared-folder

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I am a long term user of RoboForm Since February 2010. And I have it on all my devices. Windows 10, MacOS, IOS. Can't live without it! Good integration, ubiquity of my passwords guaranteed. I just hope your systems won't get hacked as all my passwords are there! What are your (my) protections?

RoboForm response

Hello Bernard, thanks for your feedback and your loyalty! We also highly prioritize security of your data. Our servers are located at a secure US-based facility with a 99.99% uptime guarantee by the hosting service provider that uses double redundancy for power and connectivity.

In addition, your RoboForm data is always stored encrypted on our servers with AES256, the strongest available encryption. Even in the unlikely event that our servers were breached, your data is effectively useless without the Master Password to decrypt it. More information on our security can be found here: https://www.roboform.com/security

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have used RoboForm for a few years now and I find them to be very reliable and time saving. I will keep using them as I really like the way they handle your passwords and I would be sad if I ever lose them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I'm not sure if it's because I changed jobs and the computer is older than dirt but I lost the ability to have the icon on my bookmark area and for RoboForm to auto save my passwords. Other than that I would be lost without it.

RoboForm response

Hello Kristina, we would love to assist! Please feel free to reach out to our customer support team with more information on your configuration and we'll do our best to get you back up and running: https://www.roboform.com/support

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I changed computers and thought I would try RoboForm over LastPass. I actually paid for RoboForm thinking I would have a better experience over the free version. BIG mistake! I spend countless minutes waiting for RoboForm to 'load' after trying to release a name and password. It is virtually non-existent trying to use on Google Gmail. Many times when trying to log into a different site, the previous site name and password would fill in the blank spaces. In a word RoboForm...SUCKS...big time!

RoboForm response

Hi Eric - Thank you for reaching out. We'd absolutely love to assist. If you can please provide the following info it would be a great help:

-Version of RoboForm you're running
- Browser(s)
- Specific sites (you mentioned Gmail. Any others?)

- Steps to reproduce

Please feel free to submit the information via the link below and it'll automatically be directed to our technical support team: https://www.roboform.com/php/rtss/main

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been using RF for about 10 years now. It is the easiest and safest way to keep all your passwords and accounts organized in ONE place. That is worth a lot to me! RF Everywhere can be accessed from mobile devices which allows you access at a moments notice. This is invaluable! Thanks RF, you’re THE BEST!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Excellent program! RoboForm has saved me countless times finding old passwords as well as saving me a lot of time filling forms. It's one of the most used and most appreciated programs on my computer! It's a high quality, user friendly program, with a very simple and logical design. Thumbs up for sure!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Very good password manager but a bit shy of excellent. The same is true of all of its competitors that I've used, however. RoboForm is the first password manager I ever purchased for my Mac. I still like it, but I get annoyed by too frequent failures to fill login forms, and I find it to be inconvenient to have to go into "editor" to view login details. In addition, I would prefer that each username/password combination should be dated as they are in some competitors' applications. I often wish that the developers of competing application would get together in a room and work out the ideal combination. As it is, I now have two or three on my computer and hope that one or the other will do the job of the moment.

RoboForm response

Hello Phillip, thanks for your feedback. As far as date stamping each Login, have you checked out our Security Center? https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005702347-Security-Center

re: forms not being recognized, we realize that each one is different but if RoboForm is failing on a specific site then send it to our support team for testing here: https://www.roboform.com/support If need be we'll update our software accordingly.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have used RoboForm for a number of years now. It works flawlessly in the background and is not a resource hog. It will auto-generate passwords and remember them so I don't have to. Great program and well worth the money for being less likely to forget essential passcodes. Highly recommend without reservation.

RoboForm Company Information