It's that easy Request Information
3.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.

RoboForm Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Wow! I've been a customer of RoboForm for years. Never had a support issue until today. As such, I was shocked to learn that direct support is a thing of the past. To Austin, my chat buddy... thanks for the deceptive response about auto-renew as it demonstrates how low RF has sunk. Your response to close the chat and the chat browser was petulant and childish. This abhorrent treatment is a poignant endorsement in favor of your competitors. Moreover, I wager that you will not understand why I will not renew in 2020.

Get expert buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Roboform is a poor product. It's a very basic password manager that often performs poorly. It's a frustrating experience and I don't recommend it. They also lied to me about pricing. I contacted them about a $12 per year deal that they had advertised on Google Ads. I got the following response: "Vito replied (2019/04/08 01:39 am EDT). We used to provide a 50% discount for the first year, as part of the RoboForm Everywhere promo, and the price was $9.95. Since September 2018 the new regular price is $23.88." Then, I googled Roboform a few weeks later and they had the same deal - $12 for a year. Please avoid using Roboform. It's a poor product and they act deceptively about their pricing. Do not recommend.

RoboForm response

Hi Sam - we sincerely apologize for any confusion there may have been regarding pricing. We do our best to notify the technical support team of marketing promotions running, but unfortunately, on a rare occasion, the line of communication can break down. We have replied to your existing support ticket and included the appropriate link to receive 50% off your first-time RoboForm Everywhere subscription.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Roboform for 7 years now, and I found it to be the best, easiest, and most user friendly Password and Auto Form-filling software I use...until now. I have over 800 (and counting) saved form templates on Roboform Everywhere that I have used every day over the years and have used them flawlessly for filling out web forms both for work and for personal use. I use these templates religiously every week constantly updating, making new ones and tweaking my forms depending on my needs. The past few weeks, I noticed something changing:

1. I noticed that it now takes 5 sometimes 15-20 seconds for the popup to show when I am logging in to a site, or trying to form fill a web form. This started around 6-8 months ago. Sometimes, it faster for me to just type my username and password myself than wait for popup to come up.

2. It does not fill out the whole web form anymore like it used to. I now have to scroll down the web form page and use the same template to fill out the rest of the form, sometimes needing to do it 2-3 times to fill it out to the bottom of the form. The fields are also filling out randomly now, needing to paste again and again just to complete it.

3. Like the pasting feature, trying to save a whole web form does not work anymore since it only saves the "visible" areas only, which only partially copies and it copies really randomly. When I compare my old templates to the new ones I made from the same web form, the copied fields in the new template are incomplete, and randomly saved.

What happened RoboForm? I contacted customer support and they said that the developers changed the software behavior where it only fills out the "visible" fields only for "security" reasons, and that I need to scroll down the page from now on. This really disappoints me, as all my forms scroll down and needs to be filled out. I suggest that you bring back the ability of being able to paste the entire template fields on the web form, and make the "Visible Field Only" behavior optional. I am also willing to check off a waiver form that I am aware that this might be a security issue and that I will not hold RoboForm liable for any security issues this might cause.

This change in the way Roboform copies and pastes the fields makes the software no different than LastPass, Dashlane etc. This is where you outshined the other software. This also makes the software totally "useless" now for my purposes. I am sure that many other users will realize and feel this way. Please bring the old behavior back and make the "Visible Field" only behavior optional. I hope you heed this suggestion seriously. I love this software and it would be a shame to see it lose its edge among its competitors.

RoboForm response

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. We certainly want to get you back to enjoying RoboForm.

1. Regarding the autofill popup delay, please try removing cookies. This could be related to the page not loading properly or memory being too low.

2. All data should be filled the first time it is selected. In cases where it does not, it may be due to the fields not having fully loaded. This can occur on longer webpages.

3. Visible fields refers to the fields that are visibly shown on the webpage. Some sites have hidden fields for non-sensitive data, which can be filled on the back end but not displayed on the front end. RoboForm can still fill in data further down the page as long as it can be "seen."

Should the issues persist, please do not hesitate to let us know via your existing ticket and our team will troubleshoot further.

Thank you!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I haven’t used it for years and they’re making it impossible to cancel. They keep sending me links that don’t work. They just loop. I do not recommend them. I don’t even recall signing up for this charge. It’s very sneaky and you’ll be charged forever and give up trying as that’s what they seem to be doing to me.

RoboForm response

Hello Trisha - If you are currently set to auto-renew, you may cancel your autorenewal payments by following the instructions listed here: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003064811-How-do-I-cancel-auto-renewal-for-RoboForm-Everywhere-Individual-Family-.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have used RoboForm everywhere for years and recently, due to a computer problem, purchase the new computer with Windows 10. Prior to this change, whenever I used RoboForm to go to a site, it automatically entered the password. But now it no longer does so and I have to go back to RoboForm to check with the password is, then go back to the site and enter the password myself. It's really quite irritating and I don't understand why it is happening. I would appreciate any assistance you can offer. I've always been tremendously impressed by the program and its support staff, so I hope you will fail me now. Thank you in advance.

RoboForm response

Hi Patrick - thank you for taking the time to reach out and notify us of this issue. From what we can gather, it sounds as though autofill is no longer functioning properly. In order for us to best assist, at your convenience, please reply to our PM with either your order ID or the email address associated with your RoboForm account. Once we have your information, we'll ensure a representative reaches out. Thanks again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been calling RoboForm for support on a number of issues. Each time I call over the past SEVERAL weeks, I am told I am caller number one, sit on hold for about 18 minutes and then get told that because of heavy call volume that I must leave my number and some one will get back to me. I don't get the call backs... ever. If I am caller number one and can't get someone, and never get a call back on a product I have paid for, I am not impressed!

RoboForm response

Hi Seth - we sincerely apologize for any delay in communication on our end. If you can please reply to our PM with your phone number, we'll ensure a technical supporter contacts you ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I am using RoboForm Version 7 for last so many years. I was very happy with it. Somehow I have moved to Version 8 and it is a very bad experience for me on MS Edge, Mozilla, Chrome. Every time window of RoboForm is popping up on the top right side. In case of MS Edge, if I leave my computer snoozed then RoboForm icon vanishes and I need to activate it again. Further RoboForm icon does not come in the bar like ver. 7. It is coming on one side. It does not catch automatically itself rather we need to find it. I am sure that RF must have done Beta testing before launching in the market. But sorry to say that Version 8 is bad. Now what my chances to go back to reinstall to Version 7. But I am reading here on this forum that file formats are different in RF Ver 7 and Ver 8. It means that I need to fill all forms manually. Or if someone from RoboForm can suggest me other alternatives.

RoboForm response

Hi Surendra - Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We're very sorry to hear that your V8 experience has been such a negative one. Regarding Edge, we are aware of some existing issues such as the one you mentioned and we are working to have them resolved ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience in this matter. As for the other browsers, if you can please submit a ticket and include the specifics/a screenshot of the window you referenced, our support team will gladly investigate.

In reference to the icon, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox only support WebExtensions. As such, an upper toolbar is not possible. For more information regarding this change, please click here: http://bit.ly/2zQMaeF.

Lastly, while V7 and V8 do utilize different file formats, should you prefer, you can certainly reinstall V7. Because the file formats are different, however, any logins that you saved in V8 will not transfer back to V7 once it's reinstalled. Please make note of these logins and resave them once you've reinstalled V7. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please let us know by submitting a ticket here: http://bit.ly/1L9QELn.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have had so many problems with this program. There are endless updates and every time I have to update, none of the passwords are maintained. I have to go through and redo them all. Today, I hired someone to help with my social media accounts and 3 out of 4 accounts had to be reset because the password that was showing on RoboForm was not right. It took us 40 minutes just to do that. So maddening... I have also called customer service repeatedly and rarely get a satisfactory resolution.

RoboForm response

Hi Ann - We certainly want to look into this for you as software updates should not be affecting the accuracy of your logins. If you can please reply to our PM, we'll gladly investigate. Thank you!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have nothing but great things to say about Roboform. I read about it in a PC World magazine years ago, when password managers were a software class I didn't even know existed. It made so much sense, I tried it as a trial, and quickly subscribed. Haven't had, or worried about, a password breach since then - what can I say?

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have used RoboForm for a number of years. Until Version 8, everything worked fine. With the update of version 8, everything went wrong. Most insidious is a popup every thirty minutes reminding me to sync. I have tried everything to prevent this, including a complete uninstall-reinstall with Revo. Nothing is working. The online instructions to "turn off" the sync are useless, as the sync feature is not active. When I try to set the advanced account settings, I get an error message off the server saying my trial has expired. This is clearly a server issue and not my local install. I have also paid for this product for many years. I am so disgusted with the product that I am actively searching for a replacement product.

RoboForm response

Hi Jeff - thank you for reaching out. We certainly want to resolve this issue as expeditiously as possible. According to our system, you previously purchased a RoboForm Desktop license (2011), but you appear to currently be using a trial version of RoboForm Everywhere. This explains the error and popup messages you're receiving. There are three different options for rectifying this matter. We have sent a PM with instructions on each option. Please let us know if any additional information/assistance is needed. Thank you.

RoboForm expert review by ConsumerAffairs

RoboForm is a simple web-based password manager that allows users to login from any Internet-enabled device and access their passwords. It has long been considered a leader in the industry.

• Easy to use: Users who do not have a sophisticated understanding of how to use software will appreciate the fact that they can easily log in, save passwords and retrieve saved passwords.

• Auto-save features: RoboForm can be set to automatically save any personal information, such as names, addresses and birthdays, in addition to passwords.

• Can be used anywhere: Since it is web-based, RoboForm can be accessed anywhere a user needs it; all consumers need is an Internet connection.

• Multifactor authentication option: RoboForm's Multifactor Authentication option gives users the ability to ensure only "registered" devices can access an account. Three types of 'factors' include a hardware or software token, a password or security question, or a fingerprint or retina scan. If the feature is enabled, at least two factors must be present to access the RoboForm Everywhere account.

• Security: Web-based access can be convenient, but can also make it easier for hackers and other unauthorized people to access the password manager. The online/cloud storage is only an option for RoboForm users, and you can choose to store your information only on a computer for added security.

• Best for: People who can’t remember passwords

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

RoboForm questions and answers

What problem is RoboForm trying to solve?
Everybody knows they should use secure and unique passwords for each website they visit, but none of us can remember too many passwords. Our goal is to create a world where nobody has to remember or type passwords again.

RoboForm is a password manager and form filler designed to make people’s lives easier and more secure by allowing them to use unique, secure passwords for all of their logins without having to remember them. Our software is available on PCs, Macs, iOS, Android & Windows Phone, so users will enjoy this additional security and convenience wherever they go.
What sets RoboForm apart from the competition?
RoboForm is very easy to use. Our intuitive technology requires little-to-no set-up time and instantly starts saving users online information as they browse the internet as they normally would.

We also take security and user concerns very seriously, and are the only password manager that lets the user decide whether to store their logins locally or “in the cloud”.

RoboForm is free to use on multiple computers and mobile devices for the first 10 Logins and has multiple upgrade options so users have the option to choose a plan that's best for them.
What needs does RoboForm fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
RoboForm saves time and takes the hassle out of our user's lives by securely storing all of their passwords for them. We’ve all forgotten passwords, used the same password for multiple accounts, or created passwords that were less-than-secure; RoboForm eliminates all of these issues while simplifying users’ web browsing experience. We offer free 24/7 support to ensure that our users are getting the most out of their RoboForm software.
How does RoboForm measure success?
We believe everyone can benefit from using a password manager. RoboForm measures success by the number of people that take the initiative to protect their data online using our software. As long as users are transacting online, there will always be hackers looking to exploit user data. We take pride in helping our users protect their online information.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
All RoboForm user data is secured with military-grade AES 256 encryption, with a ton of additional security options available like multifactor authentication. RoboForm securely stores your passwords with your Master Password, which is used to generate your encryption key. The Master Password is the one and only password RoboForm users are required to remember. RoboForm never knows and does not store your Master Password anywhere.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Millions of users worldwide benefit from using password management software like RoboForm and the need for securing online data is now more important than ever. With the growing list of high-profile security breaches such as Target, Home Depot, Heartbleed and Anthem Health, most people have realized that they must take additional precautions to keep their data safe. The industry is now focused on staying one step ahead of these breaches by allowing users to limit, or in some cases prevent, the damage caused by having their data compromised.

In addition, password management has become much more complex. In the past, users only used one computer and there were no smart phones or tablets. Nowadays users use multiple computers, sometimes with different operating systems, in addition to numerous mobile devices. RoboForm is adept at keeping your information in sync between all these computers and mobile devices so you have your passwords wherever you go.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about RoboForm?
RoboForm has been helping people keep their passwords secure since 1999, and we're continually working to improve our product and find new ways to make users lives easier and more secure.

We believe good password and security practices should start at an early age. With our recently launched RoboFormU program, anyone with a valid college or university email address can use the full version of RoboForm completely free!
Has RoboForm received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our software has an outstanding reputation and has received thousands of media reviews, including reviews by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ZDNet, Bloomberg, Financial Times, NBC TV, ABC News and more. Our software was named PC Magazine Editor's Choice, CNET's Best Software of the Year, and TopTenReviews Top Password Manager.
How has RoboForm grown or evolved?
As technology has evolved in the last 15 years, so has RoboForm. We’re constantly developing new features on both the frontend and backend to ensure that our users are getting the best experience possible from our software.

In the last few years alone we've added multifactor authentication options, support for Android and iOS, the ability to seamlessly sync your data between multiple devices, a convenient start page option and a ton of additional features.

RoboForm Company Information