Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,386,879 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Well well well here I am after 10 years of RoboForm usage and being a fan of RoboForm since I started using it first time. I have many more passwords managers but they all disappointed me. Some of those have less options or some do not work properly. But RoboForm is my favorite because there not even a single website for which it did not gave me save option. So the people who are complaining about sync, popups or whatever you guys need to learn about how to use it. If you cannot spend some time to learn to make your life easier then do not waste your time reading this. Even RoboForm is the first password manager I ever used with my laptop fingerprint scanner and it worked every time. I did not find that options years ago in any other password manager.
Second RoboForm have one of the best options which I love and that is Bookmarks. They do not force their users to use another service to save their bookmarks like LastPass, Dashlane even world's so called best Password Manager for Mac (1Password) do not have bookmarks. Seriously? How could these company miss this option. Even LastPass is so much hungry for money that they have developed Xmarks app to save your bookmarks and guess what, you have to buy a subscription for that also. Oh! And you have to remember its password also. Yes I know there are problems sometimes with some specific operating systems but as far as I experienced with this company I hardly found 2 or 3 errors. Which I will explain here as I want RoboForm to note these down and fix them also.
Issue: Roboform Plugin for Linux is not good especially with 2FA. I had to download 6 Linux operating systems to find out with which one it will work as first time on my Linux I was not able to log in because of 2FA. I was receiving 2FA code but plugin was not accepting and kept asking me for new code. But as I said earlier if you cannot afford to fix your issues by yourself you are worthless and I found the right Linux OS which worked for me. But I would like RoboForm to develop app for Linux also.
Suggestion 1: Please bring back 2 passwords. 1 for account and 1 master password. 2 passwords were much more secure than 1 as we have to enter Master Password and Account password is always saved and never typed rather than we have to register a new device. Suggestion 2: Please add PGP Keychain - Encryption - Sign - Verify - Decrypt options in RoboForm to make it ALL-IN-ONE solution for RoboForm lovers. Suggestion 3: Please build a Linux app also. There are too many users especially nowadays who are moving to Linux rather than Windows as Windows is turning itself into resource consuming beast. Not everyone can afford a MACBOOK.
Suggestion 4: Please add a simple unblock tab in editor where all blocked forms or logins will be listed. When we want to remove or unblock a website from RoboForm to activate its form saving or login saving option we must be able to do it right away. Unblocking a website on Mac is a big mess and even after 10 years I still forget it sometimes about how we do it. Please make it easier not complicated. We can handle complicated 2 login passwords for RoboForm but cannot mess with this unblocking mess. Overall I am giving RoboForm 5 star as these 3 issues are not a big problem or hurdle in using RoboForm.
I have been using RoboForm for about 20 years. And it has made it possible for me to have very secure passwords which are easily accessible from anywhere and do not require me to remember them. So I give it 10 out of 10 for that. But recently I came up to a situation that I haven't had before. My wife's computer broke, and she has her own account with RoboForm. Now she had to use my computer to access her RoboForm account, therefore we found ourselves constantly switching accounts between hers and mine, this part I found to be extremely inconvenient. And this brings me to my earlier experience with RoboForm to the time when RoboForm2Go was available, I really wish it still was!!!! Make it available again and RoboForm would be perfect!!! This unavailability of RoboForm2Go V8, was the main reason that I delayed switching to V8 till it was no longer possible to use V7 as it no longer synchronized with the server.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I have been using RoboForm password manager since their beginning. I love it and it only gets better with time. Their latest change was having the icon next to the fields to be filled. I like how they save my identity info so that I can fill out forms faster, like my credit cards info. All that info in one place. Awesome. I like the extra mile they go in protecting my logins. 2fa is an extra step that I do not mind cause it keeps me safer, sort of like having to use a key to enter a building to get to a safe with my data. Only thing I find interesting is when sites compare password managers RoboForm is not included. Are they afraid RoboForm will put the others to shame? Or maybe the other password managers paid for their reviews, either way RoboForm is the best you can get.
As an experienced Roboform consumer, I am still very satisfied with this awesome tool. I use it on all my devices, since it works on all branches: Windows, Apple and Android without any issues. Already in the early days, when Roboform was only available on usb stick, I took my usb everywhere, even in my IT jobs. It helped me safely moving my private data to different places and different computers. These days, with Roboform everywhere it even works better! I no longer have to carry my usb stick, since I can get my private data on any device as long as I have internet connection. Thanks Roboform, for being such a great online experience!
In today's Internet, it's impossible to keep track of all the login IDs and passwords. I've been using RoboForm since March of 2013 and would not want to be without it. It has kept up fairly well with the evolution of websites designs, with the various login methods of online accounts, and evolution of browsers and cellphone applications. Some automation features in RoboForm are not as smooth as one would like on some of the online accounts, but I've always been able to find an easy workaround with the various RoboForm features. I still find it to be my best option for managing my passwords and account logins.
RoboForm is secure, user-friendly, and very reliable. I have been using RoboForm for over a decade and have been very impressed with it. It enhances my internet security in many ways: I no longer have to use the same password for many sites; I no longer have to maintain a list of passwords (that others could use) next to or near my computer; and I no longer need to use easy-to-guess passwords (that others could guess just as well). I currently have user names & passwords for about one hundred sites on RoboForm, so RoboForm saves me a lot of time and agony by filling in as a reliable memory for me. My own brain can't do that for me, so this service is priceless!
I have used Roboform for 16 years and it is great! There have been times I have worried about its security and I have tried other programs only to delete them and stay with Roboform. It may not be the highest rated manager but it's reliable and works well for me. Over the years I have told many people about Roboform.
I've been using RoboForm for several years now and am very happy with its performance. Roboform works with smoothly with multiple browsers and updates to passwords are easy, intuitive and seamless to execute. Particularly useful is the ability to sync password libraries to multiple devices including iPhone. A great password manager.
I thought I was getting a lifetime password program with updates and all but I guess I didn't read the fine print. I bought two Roboform passes and now they both give me nothing but trouble. I can't stand the issues they create like demanding that I sync every day and logging in with my master password daily. There has to be something better. I have asked for help many times but only get a rubber stamp "upgrade and send us much more money and we'll fix the problem. They misrepresented what they sold me and are now refusing to provide the service they initially offered.
Dennis, we appreciate your feedback and would love to help resolve your issue at no charge to you. We've reached out to you via email and opened a support ticket. We would be more than happy to get on a call and walk you through any questions you might have.
New ability to click RoboForm just beside an entry-field. This new possibility I experience as an extraordinary usage-improvement of RoboForm. Congratulations! This was a great step forward! I am a long-time user of RoboForm. I bought my first license in 2007.
Once again: This new possibility I experience as an extraordinary usage-improvement of RoboForm. Congratulations! This was a great step forward!
I love Roboform because it saves all my passwords. I can access them from my desktop at home, my laptop I use for work, and my cellphone. It also can generate passwords and so much more. I would recommend it to anybody.
RoboForm author review by ConsumerAffairs
RoboForm is a simple web-based password manager that allows users to login from any Internet-enabled device and access their passwords. It has long been considered a leader in the industry.
Easy to use: Users who do not have a sophisticated understanding of how to use software will appreciate the fact that they can easily log in, save passwords and retrieve saved passwords.
Auto-save features: RoboForm can be set to automatically save any personal information, such as names, addresses and birthdays, in addition to passwords.
Can be used anywhere: Since it is web-based, RoboForm can be accessed anywhere a user needs it; all consumers need is an Internet connection.
Multifactor authentication option: RoboForm's Multifactor Authentication option gives users the ability to ensure only "registered" devices can access an account. Three types of 'factors' include a hardware or software token, a password or security question, or a fingerprint or retina scan. If the feature is enabled, at least two factors must be present to access the RoboForm Everywhere account.
Security: Web-based access can be convenient, but can also make it easier for hackers and other unauthorized people to access the password manager. The online/cloud storage is only an option for RoboForm users, and you can choose to store your information only on a computer for added security.
RoboForm questions and answers
- What problem is RoboForm trying to solve?
- Everybody knows they should use secure and unique passwords for each website they visit, but none of us can remember too many passwords. Our goal is to create a world where nobody has to remember or type passwords again.
RoboForm is a password manager and form filler designed to make people’s lives easier and more secure by allowing them to use unique, secure passwords for all of their logins without having to remember them. Our software is available on PCs, Macs, iOS, Android & Windows Phone, so users will enjoy this additional security and convenience wherever they go.
- What sets RoboForm apart from the competition?
- RoboForm is very easy to use. Our intuitive technology requires little-to-no set-up time and instantly starts saving users online information as they browse the internet as they normally would.
We also take security and user concerns very seriously, and are the only password manager that lets the user decide whether to store their logins locally or “in the cloud”.
RoboForm is free to use on multiple computers and mobile devices for the first 10 Logins and has multiple upgrade options so users have the option to choose a plan that's best for them.
- What needs does RoboForm fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- RoboForm saves time and takes the hassle out of our user's lives by securely storing all of their passwords for them. We’ve all forgotten passwords, used the same password for multiple accounts, or created passwords that were less-than-secure; RoboForm eliminates all of these issues while simplifying users’ web browsing experience. We offer free 24/7 support to ensure that our users are getting the most out of their RoboForm software.
- How does RoboForm measure success?
- We believe everyone can benefit from using a password manager. RoboForm measures success by the number of people that take the initiative to protect their data online using our software. As long as users are transacting online, there will always be hackers looking to exploit user data. We take pride in helping our users protect their online information.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
- All RoboForm user data is secured with military-grade AES 256 encryption, with a ton of additional security options available like multifactor authentication. RoboForm securely stores your passwords with your Master Password, which is used to generate your encryption key. The Master Password is the one and only password RoboForm users are required to remember. RoboForm never knows and does not store your Master Password anywhere.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Millions of users worldwide benefit from using password management software like RoboForm and the need for securing online data is now more important than ever. With the growing list of high-profile security breaches such as Target, Home Depot, Heartbleed and Anthem Health, most people have realized that they must take additional precautions to keep their data safe. The industry is now focused on staying one step ahead of these breaches by allowing users to limit, or in some cases prevent, the damage caused by having their data compromised.
In addition, password management has become much more complex. In the past, users only used one computer and there were no smart phones or tablets. Nowadays users use multiple computers, sometimes with different operating systems, in addition to numerous mobile devices. RoboForm is adept at keeping your information in sync between all these computers and mobile devices so you have your passwords wherever you go.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about RoboForm?
- RoboForm has been helping people keep their passwords secure since 1999, and we're continually working to improve our product and find new ways to make users lives easier and more secure.
We believe good password and security practices should start at an early age. With our recently launched RoboFormU program, anyone with a valid college or university email address can use the full version of RoboForm completely free!
- Has RoboForm received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Our software has an outstanding reputation and has received thousands of media reviews, including reviews by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ZDNet, Bloomberg, Financial Times, NBC TV, ABC News and more. Our software was named PC Magazine Editor's Choice, CNET's Best Software of the Year, and TopTenReviews Top Password Manager.
- How has RoboForm grown or evolved?
- As technology has evolved in the last 15 years, so has RoboForm. We’re constantly developing new features on both the frontend and backend to ensure that our users are getting the best experience possible from our software.
In the last few years alone we've added multifactor authentication options, support for Android and iOS, the ability to seamlessly sync your data between multiple devices, a convenient start page option and a ton of additional features.
RoboForm Company Information
- Company Name:
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 3701 Pender Dr Suite 400
- Postal Code:
- United States