Learn More

4.3/5 (178 ratings)

About RoboForm

Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.

RoboForm Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?

Original review: May 13, 2021

I think I've been using it about 15 years, maybe longer. I've tried some of the others out of curiosity, but came back to Roboform. The pricing is good - I got it for my wife too. The ability to fill in forms saves a lot of time. It syncs accurately and I have it on my phones too. They keep improving it too. If you fill in passwords manually, you could get taken in by a "phishing" site. Roboform will NOT fill in your info on a phony web page. So if you don't have it, get it.

Get buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I have used RoboForm for several years and it has saved me many hours of frustration having to enter multiple usernames and passwords for various sites. Just one click and I am in to the sites without needing to remember the usernames and passwords for the sites. And, I don't believe there was one time where RoboForm didn't work. Also, I remember calling the help desk about a question, and the person with whom I spoke indicted that RoboForm did not have access to my main RoboForm password which is a definite security plus knowing that persons at RoboForm don't have access to my main password. I would recommend RoboForm to anyone who is frustrated having to remember or look-up usernames and passwords.

Original review: May 12, 2021

It's amazing the number of passwords you will generate in your online lifetime so relying on memory or a notebook sized volume of recorded passwords to remember them all...? That's where RoboForm comes in handy... I have been using RoboForm for years to manage my enormous number of passwords and it has saved me more than a few times having to go through the hassle of using a 'forgot password' link when signing into a site... Sure, there are other password manager programs out there but most of them are not, IMHO, as good as RoboForm...

Some even use their program to bait you in then constantly try to sell you stuff... Not so with RoboForm...! So, if you haven't tried RoboForm, give 'em a try; you won't be disappointed...! And if you do have a problem when using RoboForm...? They have that covered with their top-notch support... RoboForm doesn't take your money then leave you on your own when it comes to help; they are there for you always...!

Original review: May 12, 2021

I have used RoboForm for several years. I see it as an extremely easy way to keep all of my passwords safe and within a convenient place! They check with me every month to make certain I'm in command of my account. Should I ever forget the password, everything within will be deleted. Sometimes that's a bit scary but worth it considering the consequences.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I've been using Roboform for over a decade, and it's never let me down. When I was overseas I could depend on it to have all my logins and passwords, no matter what phone or computer I was using. My sister has a real problem with passwords, but for some reason she'd rather complain about it than use Roboform (or any other password manager.) I just laugh & tell her I'm glad I don't have that problem!

Original review: May 14, 2021

It all seems (Roboform) to work fast and trouble free for me. I have noticed things have just kept improving as time goes on. I can use Roboform on any device I use at any time. I feel very secure when I log in to a site.

Original review: May 14, 2021

I've been a customer of around 4 years. It is easy to set-up and use. I use the app of a few computers and mobile devices and all my password sync seamlessly. Only a few times that is didn't work is because the mobile URL of website is a little different from the website landing page, but I'm able to get around it.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I have lost count of the number of years that I have been using Roboform. I have had no reason for complaint of any kind during that period. It has never let me down. It turns password use and the secure utilization of identity data into a very easy and pleasant experience.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I can’t remember how long I’ve been using RoboForm but it’s been well over a decade and probably over two. Couldn’t do without it! It’s already amazing and they keep improving it. RoboForm not only works on my PC, but on my iPhone and iPad too, remembers all my passwords and logins, as well as addresses, credit cards, payments, etc.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Excellent product. I have used RoboForm for many years and it has met or exceeded my expectations. I am very happy with the product and have no intentions of looking at another password protection program. RoboForm does everything I need in a password protection program.

RoboForm author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

RoboForm is a simple web-based password manager that allows users to login from any Internet-enabled device and access their passwords. It has long been considered a leader in the industry.

• Easy to use: Users who do not have a sophisticated understanding of how to use software will appreciate the fact that they can easily log in, save passwords and retrieve saved passwords.

• Auto-save features: RoboForm can be set to automatically save any personal information, such as names, addresses and birthdays, in addition to passwords.

• Can be used anywhere: Since it is web-based, RoboForm can be accessed anywhere a user needs it; all consumers need is an Internet connection.

• Multifactor authentication option: RoboForm's Multifactor Authentication option gives users the ability to ensure only "registered" devices can access an account. Three types of 'factors' include a hardware or software token, a password or security question, or a fingerprint or retina scan. If the feature is enabled, at least two factors must be present to access the RoboForm Everywhere account.

• Security: Web-based access can be convenient, but can also make it easier for hackers and other unauthorized people to access the password manager. The online/cloud storage is only an option for RoboForm users, and you can choose to store your information only on a computer for added security.

RoboForm questions and answers

What problem is RoboForm trying to solve?
    Everybody knows they should use secure and unique passwords for each website they visit, but none of us can remember too many passwords. Our goal is to create a world where nobody has to remember or type passwords again.

RoboForm is a password manager and form filler designed to make people’s lives easier and more secure by allowing them to use unique, secure passwords for all of their logins without having to remember them. Our software is available on PCs, Macs, iOS, Android & Windows Phone, so users will enjoy this additional security and convenience wherever they go.
    What sets RoboForm apart from the competition?
    RoboForm is very easy to use. Our intuitive technology requires little-to-no set-up time and instantly starts saving users online information as they browse the internet as they normally would.

We also take security and user concerns very seriously, and are the only password manager that lets the user decide whether to store their logins locally or “in the cloud”.

RoboForm is free to use on multiple computers and mobile devices for the first 10 Logins and has multiple upgrade options so users have the option to choose a plan that's best for them.
    What needs does RoboForm fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    RoboForm saves time and takes the hassle out of our user's lives by securely storing all of their passwords for them. We’ve all forgotten passwords, used the same password for multiple accounts, or created passwords that were less-than-secure; RoboForm eliminates all of these issues while simplifying users’ web browsing experience. We offer free 24/7 support to ensure that our users are getting the most out of their RoboForm software.
    How does RoboForm measure success?
    We believe everyone can benefit from using a password manager. RoboForm measures success by the number of people that take the initiative to protect their data online using our software. As long as users are transacting online, there will always be hackers looking to exploit user data. We take pride in helping our users protect their online information.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    All RoboForm user data is secured with military-grade AES 256 encryption, with a ton of additional security options available like multifactor authentication. RoboForm securely stores your passwords with your Master Password, which is used to generate your encryption key. The Master Password is the one and only password RoboForm users are required to remember. RoboForm never knows and does not store your Master Password anywhere.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Millions of users worldwide benefit from using password management software like RoboForm and the need for securing online data is now more important than ever. With the growing list of high-profile security breaches such as Target, Home Depot, Heartbleed and Anthem Health, most people have realized that they must take additional precautions to keep their data safe. The industry is now focused on staying one step ahead of these breaches by allowing users to limit, or in some cases prevent, the damage caused by having their data compromised.

In addition, password management has become much more complex. In the past, users only used one computer and there were no smart phones or tablets. Nowadays users use multiple computers, sometimes with different operating systems, in addition to numerous mobile devices. RoboForm is adept at keeping your information in sync between all these computers and mobile devices so you have your passwords wherever you go.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about RoboForm?
    RoboForm has been helping people keep their passwords secure since 1999, and we're continually working to improve our product and find new ways to make users lives easier and more secure.

We believe good password and security practices should start at an early age. With our recently launched RoboFormU program, anyone with a valid college or university email address can use the full version of RoboForm completely free!
    Has RoboForm received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Our software has an outstanding reputation and has received thousands of media reviews, including reviews by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ZDNet, Bloomberg, Financial Times, NBC TV, ABC News and more. Our software was named PC Magazine Editor's Choice, CNET's Best Software of the Year, and TopTenReviews Top Password Manager.
    How has RoboForm grown or evolved?
    As technology has evolved in the last 15 years, so has RoboForm. We’re constantly developing new features on both the frontend and backend to ensure that our users are getting the best experience possible from our software.

In the last few years alone we've added multifactor authentication options, support for Android and iOS, the ability to seamlessly sync your data between multiple devices, a convenient start page option and a ton of additional features.

RoboForm Company Information