ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand
Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.
I started off with the free account for RoboForm of 10 passwords several years ago. I have add up to 250 passwords for work and various accounts for my wife and I. I use Roboform Everywhere probably daily and am thankful for its simplicity. Thank you for the continuing improvements.
My recent support experience SUCKED. All the instructions the agents gave me didn't work. I finally had to uninstall RoboForm from my computer. Then I re-installed it. Then it worked. But not one of the several agents I dealt with ever suggested to me that I had to uninstall RoboForm from my computer. I did it out of frustration and as a last resort.
Our technical team strives to provide a seamless diagnostic approach, but with that being said, we recognize that we fell short and we sincerely apologize for any resulting frustration.
I had been using Siber Systems RoboForm anywhere for 4 or 5 years with no reason to contact support at all and was satisfied with the service offered. When my last renewal came up, I was convinced a by Siber Systems RoboForm representative to upgrade to the pro version in the light of wanting the staff in my company to also be able to use the service. After paying for a 6 licence business version, I noticed that two weeks later the same amount was taken from my credit card again and when I asked about this was told that as we were a business all transactions were final.
Despite now having to pay for 12 licences there are (as of today, 6 months later) only 6 showing on the account. My complaint to the was handled so badly I have taken the decision not to renew with them when this becomes due next year. Since then I've had constant problems with the upgrade and implementation with my staff and am still (months on) the only user in the business. Finally today I've been informed when trying to use my licence that I haven't paid at all and therefore the sync won't work. My advice to anyone contemplating Siber Systems RoboForm is if their admin software and support is this poor - don't trust them to look after your logins.
Hi Graham - We see that you've spoke to a representative since this review was published and they were able to resolve these issues. Should any problems remain, please let us know. Thank you.
I purchased a version of RoboForm years ago which worked fine. When it was time to resubscribe I signed up for two years, ending in 2019. Now they've changed the program and it doesn't work - Logins are frequently lost and trying to reinstate them never quite works. It also doesn't work well across platforms. When I cancelled my subscription and tried to get the balance of my money refunded, they said I should have done that within 30 days of purchase, but I didn't know then that the company would completely change the program!
Hi Cynthia - we're sorry to hear that you experienced some frustration with version 8, including lost logins. We certainly strive to make all updates as smooth as possible. We've PM'd you in hope of assisting with any issues that may remain.
I've always had problems with this program. Now they are worse with the latest version. Sometimes it just shuts down. Often it cannot find the log-in lines, when they staring at me in the face. The new version has a multistep log-in, which is irritating. I think I'll use some other program.
Hi Godfrey - we wanted to circle back around and see if the issues you listed persist. If so, we definitely want to help! If you haven't already, please submit this information via our online support system so a member of our technical support team can assist. Thank you. https://www.roboform.com/php/rtss/main?lang=en
- 993,168 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Siber Systems strikes again. I paid for 3 separate licenses for products RoboForm ToGo, RoboForm Pro, and then for a lifetime license, which they reneged on... claiming that once they "changed hands" they were no longer bound to the contract... but they would offer me RoboForm Everywhere gratis, which now mysteriously fails to work unless I pay an annual ransom. I'll have to pay for at least a year just to export my data as they locked me out. The Better Business Bureau is getting a call and I plan to post everywhere I believe it will impact their bottom line until they either change their practices or start issuing refunds.
I purchased 1 year subscription for $9.95. 8 months later I received notice software had expired and must renew for $9.95. As I proceeded to check out the price changed from $9.95 to $19.95 and could not renew. This was very upsetting and I decided to retrieve my passwords and user names to use another method of Password/ Bookmark management only to find out all of my stored information is being held hostage and irretrievable without renewing software at the higher renewal price. This is a bad business practice and the company provides no way of contacting them to address my complaint.
RoboForm expert review by ConsumerAffairs
RoboForm is a simple web-based password manager that allows users to login from any Internet-enabled device and access their passwords. It has long been considered a leader in the industry.
Easy to use: Users who do not have a sophisticated understanding of how to use software will appreciate the fact that they can easily log in, save passwords and retrieve saved passwords.
Auto-save features: RoboForm can be set to automatically save any personal information, such as names, addresses and birthdays, in addition to passwords.
Can be used anywhere: Since it is web-based, RoboForm can be accessed anywhere a user needs it; all consumers need is an Internet connection.
Multifactor authentication option: RoboForm's Multifactor Authentication option gives users the ability to ensure only "registered" devices can access an account. Three types of 'factors' include a hardware or software token, a password or security question, or a fingerprint or retina scan. If the feature is enabled, at least two factors must be present to access the RoboForm Everywhere account.
Security: Web-based access can be convenient, but can also make it easier for hackers and other unauthorized people to access the password manager. The online/cloud storage is only an option for RoboForm users, and you can choose to store your information only on a computer for added security.
Best for: People who can’t remember passwords
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
RoboForm questions and answers
- What problem is RoboForm trying to solve?
- Everybody knows they should use secure and unique passwords for each website they visit, but none of us can remember too many passwords. Our goal is to create a world where nobody has to remember or type passwords again.
RoboForm is a password manager and form filler designed to make people’s lives easier and more secure by allowing them to use unique, secure passwords for all of their logins without having to remember them. Our software is available on PCs, Macs, iOS, Android & Windows Phone, so users will enjoy this additional security and convenience wherever they go.
- What sets RoboForm apart from the competition?
- RoboForm is very easy to use. Our intuitive technology requires little-to-no set-up time and instantly starts saving users online information as they browse the internet as they normally would.
We also take security and user concerns very seriously, and are the only password manager that lets the user decide whether to store their logins locally or “in the cloud”.
RoboForm is free to use on multiple computers and mobile devices for the first 10 Logins and has multiple upgrade options so users have the option to choose a plan that's best for them.
- What needs does RoboForm fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- RoboForm saves time and takes the hassle out of our user's lives by securely storing all of their passwords for them. We’ve all forgotten passwords, used the same password for multiple accounts, or created passwords that were less-than-secure; RoboForm eliminates all of these issues while simplifying users’ web browsing experience. We offer free 24/7 support to ensure that our users are getting the most out of their RoboForm software.
- How does RoboForm measure success?
- We believe everyone can benefit from using a password manager. RoboForm measures success by the number of people that take the initiative to protect their data online using our software. As long as users are transacting online, there will always be hackers looking to exploit user data. We take pride in helping our users protect their online information.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
- All RoboForm user data is secured with military-grade AES 256 encryption, with a ton of additional security options available like multifactor authentication. RoboForm securely stores your passwords with your Master Password, which is used to generate your encryption key. The Master Password is the one and only password RoboForm users are required to remember. RoboForm never knows and does not store your Master Password anywhere.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Millions of users worldwide benefit from using password management software like RoboForm and the need for securing online data is now more important than ever. With the growing list of high-profile security breaches such as Target, Home Depot, Heartbleed and Anthem Health, most people have realized that they must take additional precautions to keep their data safe. The industry is now focused on staying one step ahead of these breaches by allowing users to limit, or in some cases prevent, the damage caused by having their data compromised.
In addition, password management has become much more complex. In the past, users only used one computer and there were no smart phones or tablets. Nowadays users use multiple computers, sometimes with different operating systems, in addition to numerous mobile devices. RoboForm is adept at keeping your information in sync between all these computers and mobile devices so you have your passwords wherever you go.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about RoboForm?
- RoboForm has been helping people keep their passwords secure since 1999, and we're continually working to improve our product and find new ways to make users lives easier and more secure.
We believe good password and security practices should start at an early age. With our recently launched RoboFormU program, anyone with a valid college or university email address can use the full version of RoboForm completely free!
- Has RoboForm received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Our software has an outstanding reputation and has received thousands of media reviews, including reviews by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ZDNet, Bloomberg, Financial Times, NBC TV, ABC News and more. Our software was named PC Magazine Editor's Choice, CNET's Best Software of the Year, and TopTenReviews Top Password Manager.
- How has RoboForm grown or evolved?
- As technology has evolved in the last 15 years, so has RoboForm. We’re constantly developing new features on both the frontend and backend to ensure that our users are getting the best experience possible from our software.
In the last few years alone we've added multifactor authentication options, support for Android and iOS, the ability to seamlessly sync your data between multiple devices, a convenient start page option and a ton of additional features.
RoboForm Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 11781 Lee Jackson Hwy, Suite 380
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (703) 890-0676