Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,027,394 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I have been using RoboForm since before there were password keepers! (over 10 years). RoboForm is the best of all of them. Program works great and support is awesome!! It is reasonably priced, works on many platforms (Android, Windows, etc). Oh Yeah baby!
I tried a competitor and came back to RF. Roboform has met my needs on several platforms and is very easy to work with. Occasionally, a vendor will not configure the form properly and RF cannot populate fields. Not their fault but it reminds me of what it was like before Roboform!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Have had several passwords that would not work, but it could have been the sites. Other than that it's a good program. I also have not taken the time to learn the ins and out of the whole thing. Maybe if I took the time it would be to my benefit.
I have used Roboform for over 10 years. I have had a great experience with it and would not know how to navigate the internet without its help. Always dependable and also very flexible. I use it in a variety of ways including keeping notes about the various sites I access through RoboForm.
This app is almost perfect. I really like this password keeper because, I could not come close to remembering all of my passwords. I do wish however, that I could share it with my phone!! That would improve it immensely!!
I have used RoboForm and I love it. My must-have app on my computer and my phone. I tested other apps and this one was the best when I review them. Their last added feature it was amazing: now I can see my Roboform as Google Authenticator. So I think I will never change it.
My wife, Valerie and I love Roboform! It does so many things... saves login passwords, URLs and associated data. It also saves our personal information to make it easy to fill forms, place orders, etc. And it even generates strong, safe passwords for us!
I have been using Roboform for 10 + years. In all that time, I have been happy with the overall performance of the program. It does everything that I want a password manager and more. Now being available across all of the platforms that I use is a bonus.
Never have to think about a password again, RoboForm has it covered. Love it! Before this I had to either write all of my passwords down somewhere and keep it with me at all times. Not sure where I’d be without RoboForm. Thanks for inventing it.
I consider RoboForm to be a rather mediocre system. Never got further than the first failed attempts to use it. The RoboForm system becomes really good and impressively efficient only when it comes to thwarting the termination of a disappointed customer.
Thanks for your feedback.
I do see that you had a recent auto-renewal on your account which we refunded within a day of your request.
Should you require any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
It all seems (Roboform) to work fast and trouble free for me. I have noticed things have just kept improving as time goes on. I can use Roboform on any device I use at any time. I feel very secure when I log in to a site.
RoboForm author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
RoboForm is a simple web-based password manager that allows users to login from any Internet-enabled device and access their passwords. It has long been considered a leader in the industry.
Easy to use: Users who do not have a sophisticated understanding of how to use software will appreciate the fact that they can easily log in, save passwords and retrieve saved passwords.
Auto-save features: RoboForm can be set to automatically save any personal information, such as names, addresses and birthdays, in addition to passwords.
Can be used anywhere: Since it is web-based, RoboForm can be accessed anywhere a user needs it; all consumers need is an Internet connection.
Multifactor authentication option: RoboForm's Multifactor Authentication option gives users the ability to ensure only "registered" devices can access an account. Three types of 'factors' include a hardware or software token, a password or security question, or a fingerprint or retina scan. If the feature is enabled, at least two factors must be present to access the RoboForm Everywhere account.
Security: Web-based access can be convenient, but can also make it easier for hackers and other unauthorized people to access the password manager. The online/cloud storage is only an option for RoboForm users, and you can choose to store your information only on a computer for added security.
RoboForm questions and answers
- What problem is RoboForm trying to solve?
- Everybody knows they should use secure and unique passwords for each website they visit, but none of us can remember too many passwords. Our goal is to create a world where nobody has to remember or type passwords again.
RoboForm is a password manager and form filler designed to make people’s lives easier and more secure by allowing them to use unique, secure passwords for all of their logins without having to remember them. Our software is available on PCs, Macs, iOS, Android & Windows Phone, so users will enjoy this additional security and convenience wherever they go.
- What sets RoboForm apart from the competition?
- RoboForm is very easy to use. Our intuitive technology requires little-to-no set-up time and instantly starts saving users online information as they browse the internet as they normally would.
We also take security and user concerns very seriously, and are the only password manager that lets the user decide whether to store their logins locally or “in the cloud”.
RoboForm is free to use on multiple computers and mobile devices for the first 10 Logins and has multiple upgrade options so users have the option to choose a plan that's best for them.
- What needs does RoboForm fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- RoboForm saves time and takes the hassle out of our user's lives by securely storing all of their passwords for them. We’ve all forgotten passwords, used the same password for multiple accounts, or created passwords that were less-than-secure; RoboForm eliminates all of these issues while simplifying users’ web browsing experience. We offer free 24/7 support to ensure that our users are getting the most out of their RoboForm software.
- How does RoboForm measure success?
- We believe everyone can benefit from using a password manager. RoboForm measures success by the number of people that take the initiative to protect their data online using our software. As long as users are transacting online, there will always be hackers looking to exploit user data. We take pride in helping our users protect their online information.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
- All RoboForm user data is secured with military-grade AES 256 encryption, with a ton of additional security options available like multifactor authentication. RoboForm securely stores your passwords with your Master Password, which is used to generate your encryption key. The Master Password is the one and only password RoboForm users are required to remember. RoboForm never knows and does not store your Master Password anywhere.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Millions of users worldwide benefit from using password management software like RoboForm and the need for securing online data is now more important than ever. With the growing list of high-profile security breaches such as Target, Home Depot, Heartbleed and Anthem Health, most people have realized that they must take additional precautions to keep their data safe. The industry is now focused on staying one step ahead of these breaches by allowing users to limit, or in some cases prevent, the damage caused by having their data compromised.
In addition, password management has become much more complex. In the past, users only used one computer and there were no smart phones or tablets. Nowadays users use multiple computers, sometimes with different operating systems, in addition to numerous mobile devices. RoboForm is adept at keeping your information in sync between all these computers and mobile devices so you have your passwords wherever you go.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about RoboForm?
- RoboForm has been helping people keep their passwords secure since 1999, and we're continually working to improve our product and find new ways to make users lives easier and more secure.
We believe good password and security practices should start at an early age. With our recently launched RoboFormU program, anyone with a valid college or university email address can use the full version of RoboForm completely free!
- Has RoboForm received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Our software has an outstanding reputation and has received thousands of media reviews, including reviews by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ZDNet, Bloomberg, Financial Times, NBC TV, ABC News and more. Our software was named PC Magazine Editor's Choice, CNET's Best Software of the Year, and TopTenReviews Top Password Manager.
- How has RoboForm grown or evolved?
- As technology has evolved in the last 15 years, so has RoboForm. We’re constantly developing new features on both the frontend and backend to ensure that our users are getting the best experience possible from our software.
In the last few years alone we've added multifactor authentication options, support for Android and iOS, the ability to seamlessly sync your data between multiple devices, a convenient start page option and a ton of additional features.
RoboForm Company Information
- Company Name:
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 3701 Pender Dr Suite 400
- Postal Code:
- United States