4.09/5
Based on 60 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 21, 2018

62 RoboForm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2018

I have used RoboForm for years. I bought a license for version 7 and was perfectly happy with it. Then RoboForm decided to upgrade my account to version 8 and then to RoboForm Everywhere. I don't have an "Everywhere". I just have one computer. I was told to turn off the auto sync mode and I would be able to use version 8 for free. I turned it off and now I get a pop-up window appearing every couple of hours telling me to sync and turn the auto sync mode back on. Apparently I can't stop that. I told them I just wanted version 7 back but Ilya responded saying my license had been cancelled for security reasons. She didn't say what the "security reasons" were.

RoboForm response

Hi Peter - We certainly apologize for any miscommunication on our part. If you prefer, you may revert back to version 7. Please note, however, any logins saved while you were using V8 will not transfer back to V7 as the file format is different. You may download V7 from here: https://www.roboform.com/version-7-old. Also, if you can please PM us the ticket number that corresponds to your conversation with Ilya, we'd love to review it for quality assurance. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have been using RoboForm since its inception (18+ years). The product has the features I need and performs well. Before RoboForm was ported to Mac OS, I tried 1Password concurrently for a brief period. Therefore, I cannot compare to any other password managers. In the end, I would and do recommend the product to friends and family.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I've had RoboForm for years. They were among the first to sell password maker and library keeper. Good product I have experienced no problems. Updates are on a regular basis. Updates are quick and easy. Would recommend to anyone interested in having a program to set up passwords and them keep a file of what was set up. Also I loved the ability to print out your list of the latest changes.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Your support Team is always trying to sell other Products. I want to talk to someone that speaks English. I like the program but not your support system. I give you only 2 stars until you get English!

RoboForm response

Hi Robert - we've attempted to privately contact you in an effort to resolve this matter. Can you please tell us which method you used to previously contact our support team (phone, email, ticket)? We would like to gather all the required information in order to assist as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This is a must have way of storing all the passwords used on the computer. It's a safe and secure way and negates the need to remember numerous passwords or write them down. It is very secure as it is protected by a master password for the whole system which if not known prevents access.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?

Original review: April 23, 2018

When sending a text message on my cellphone and, just as I went to send it, I saw that some content of my RoboForm Safe Notes had been attached. This content included my PayPal password. I had not opened RoboForm that day. I assume my phone had been hacked. RoboForm did not respond to my request for an explanation. So one star as RoboForm is not adequately secure.

RoboForm response

Hi Don - we've attempted to privately contact you in an effort to resolve this matter. Regarding your request for an explanation, we are having some difficulty locating your request. Can you please tell us which method you used for contact (phone, email, ticket)? We certainly want to obtain the required information for assisting as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Great service. Been using RoboForm for 18 years. It has never let me down. I tried LastPass and that it was too complicated to use. I have the better version of RoboForm. I have a lot of passwords in there.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have been using RoboForm for almost as long as they have been in business and I have yet to have any of my passwords hacked, stolen etc. I would recommend this product to anyone whether they are on a PC, Android or Apple product. Just recently I started using the Sync feature (at an additional cost) which saves me from having to do file transfers on my own to the phone.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I find RoboForm indispensable, and easy to use, however since updating I am no longer able to access "editor" which is frustrating. I would recommend this app. I never have to remember a password and the app logs into sites for me.

RoboForm response

Thanks for taking the time to review RoboForm! Regarding the Editor issues you're experiencing, if you can please reach out to our technical support team, they'll gather all the necessary details to assist. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn Thanks again!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have used RoboForm both privately and business for many years which has been an incredible experience allowing the secure and convenient storage and use on numerous websites and also for secure storage of other information such as access codes for many areas. My one area of minor difficulty has been the navigation of the menus, both program and help some of which can be blamed on the operator but overall I highly recommend the program.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2018

I've been a satisfied RoboForm customer, for the past half-decade or thereabouts. The system has always been "top notch." However, their; customer service, contact protocols, of late (and I've only needed them twice in past few years) has been deplorable. No matter which line one chooses, no one answers the phone. Messages left are not responded to. And, to add insult to injury, our IT person has told us that, for the past couple of years, others, like him - those in his line of work, are recommending to their client customers that they "steer clear" of RoboForm; not because system is doesn't function as advertised, but because their level of customer support has deteriorated markedly over the past 2 to 3 years.

For; anyone in need of a predictably solid password protection system, to my mind and in our experience, RoboForm as product, remains, in our estimation, "second-to-none". There was a time when I could also say the same about the care the company affords its loyal customers. Unfortunately, it seems those days may well have come and gone. As of this writing, we are still waiting (without the ability to access business-critical information) for someone at Siber Systems to get back us. If you are a Roboform user who has yet to experience the abject feeling of "helplessness" that comes from being ignored by a provider that literally has your "nether-arts" in their hands: trust me, it's something you don't want to experience.

RoboForm response

Hi Will - We are very sorry to hear of your frustration; this is neither the customer support experience we want you to expect nor to receive. We strive to assist our customers in all matters regarding our software, and we apologize for falling short. We have sent you a PM in an effort to resolve any existing issues ASAP.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've been using the desktop version for so many years I can't remember how long it's been. It's nice that I can now use it on my phone as well. This is easily the best password manager that you can use. It will remember all your passwords identity information credit card and Bank information and anything else that you can think of.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Kin ** recommended this many years ago, and I have used it as my trusted password manager on all my various windows computers for the last maybe 20 years or so. 4 stars because it was slow to come up with a version that worked on Chrome, and sometimes, I still have to copy & paste info from RoboForm to the webpage. Some websites don't accept autofill, and I still have to type in the password I store in RoboForm.

RoboForm response

Thanks for taking the time, Edward! We would absolutely love for RoboForm to work across all sites, but unfortunately as you stated, some sites do not currently accept autofill. With that being said, we appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to continuously improving upon your experience. Thanks again!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I began using RoboForm when it was AI RoboForm before they changed it to RoboForm Everywhere. It is easy to use, integrates with all of the browsers I used AND my Windows applications so that I can easily enter usernames and passwords in them as well. It is secure, and I have never had experience with anyone obtaining my passwords from their server. It has app versions for my Android devices as well, which really pleased me as I never can remember passwords for websites when away from my home computer. The apps sync quickly and do not lose passcards when syncing with other devices. All in all, an excellent experience!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Have used RoboForm for many years and liked it. Since it was switched over to the "Everywhere" program I had problems. Was told I could still use program as I had previously but was bothered whenever I used my computer with messages from RoboForm about using the new program sync, etc. Finally just paid more money for new program so I wouldn't be bothered by reminders continuously... and the same reminders are popping up!

RoboForm response

We're certainly sorry to hear of the frustration you experienced. When using RoobForm Free or a free trial of RoboForm Everywhere, users do periodically receive upgrade notifications. Based on your account, it appears as though you may have upgraded your RoboFrom 7 Desktop license to RoboForm 8 Free (the equivalent of "Desktop"). Upon upgrading, you would have automatically received a free 30 day trial of RoboForm Everywhere (this explains the popups). As long as your logging in with your email and Master Password (credentials attached to your purchased license), the pop ups should have stopped. If they continue, please notify us here: http://bit.ly/1L9QELn. Thank you!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have been using RoboForm for so long I forget when I started using it. Cannot live without it. Always reliable and secure. Easy to modify when changes are required. What else would you need when it's all already there for you. Keep up the good work guys.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I am 83 years old and having used for many years I have toted this program to all my friends and business associates. The concept of this program makes it a good as the fantastic support one gets over the years. I must admit changing computers gets me into difficulty at times. I get confused as to the version and run into many instances I get a disclaimer my free version has expired??? At present all is going well and thank you all for many years of Good Will.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have used RoboForm for many years now and am very happy with it. It's easy to use and very safe. I feel very secure using it and will continue. It's nice to be able to store my passwords. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I use RoboForm since... I don't remember, probably more than 10 years! I think is one of the best and flexible password manager (and not only), with releases for every platform I have (iMac desktop, Windows laptop, iPhone, iPad). And with the feature everywhere I'm always updated... everywhere!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I love RoboForm, knowing my passwords are safe and I do not have to remember all my passwords. I have been using RoboForm for many years and will continue to use them. I can take my RoboForm everywhere with me when I travel also. RoboForm is really easy to use and updates are easy to do.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Recently lost account password in device change, however still possess master password. Have been unable to access account and unable to access online support due to lack of account details, no support email available, no response to international calls to US HQ or return calls to messages left. Very frustrated with lack of support and being unable to access my account, with only option cited as deletion of files.

RoboForm response

Hi Scott - we sincerely apologize for the frustration. We have reached out to our technical support team and they have reset your RoboForm Online Account password. Please check your @bigpond.com email address for reset instructions. Should you experience any issues along the way, please let us know. Thank you.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I have been using RoboForm for so many years I don't remember how many! I always loved the program and felt it was the very best out there until the latest update. I understand there are probably very good reasons for the change they made but I HATE that I now have to log in every time to pull up the toolbar to use it. Other than that, it is still the best one out there!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I use RoboForm already several years (I found in my files an order dated 13 Dec 2006). In the past I tried some other password programs, but every time I came back to RoboForm. I am very satisfied with RF and like to use it further. Thanks to the development staff for their great job done in the past (and the future I hope).

Original review: March 3, 2018

RoboForm is probably my most favorite piece of software I own. It is so easy to use and saves me so much time. Plus as I get older and with so many passwords I don't see how I could get along without it. I feel so much more secure online using RoboForm. It may be the reason I have not had security issues.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have had RoboForm for over 5 years and have been very reliant on it. I cannot go without it, with all the numerous passwords to remember and filling in forms, this is such a blessing. I have got my family also to use it and they love it as well. The cost is minimal and I have not had any problems or hacking with it. It is something that everyone who goes on the internet should have. Wonderful product for the price you pay.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have been a very happy RoboForm user for 15+ years. I have “leaked the secret” to many good friends who are as happy as I am. It is very user friendly, very secure, and makes managing (about150 - 200) passwords so simple. The proverbial caveman could do it, or even cavewoman.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have used RoboForm now for many years, the first few years I used the free version as it allows saving up to 10 passwords then I switched to the regular version and have been a member for over 15 years now and would not use any other. It is safe, it is easy and I do not ever have to worry about hackers or security issues.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have used RoboForm for many years now and have found it extremely reliable, easy to work with and make modifications and corrections to my mistakes. I highly recommend this app to anyone be it a few passwords or many.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Everywhere I go I can't go without this Robo! On my smartphone, tablet, laptop. Or on the computers at home. I would be lost in cyberspace without... Thanks to the synchronisation I can log in wherever I go. It's so comfortable to know that I only need to know ONE password (and one 5digit key). All time favourite.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This is the best password tool that I have ever used. Updates are installed flawlessly and timely. Support is within 24 hours and they stay with you until problem solved. I would recommend this product to even the PC user that has little to no experience.

RoboForm expert review by ConsumerAffairs

RoboForm is a simple web-based password manager that allows users to login from any Internet-enabled device and access their passwords. It has long been considered a leader in the industry.

• Easy to use: Users who do not have a sophisticated understanding of how to use software will appreciate the fact that they can easily log in, save passwords and retrieve saved passwords.

• Auto-save features: RoboForm can be set to automatically save any personal information, such as names, addresses and birthdays, in addition to passwords.

• Can be used anywhere: Since it is web-based, RoboForm can be accessed anywhere a user needs it; all consumers need is an Internet connection.

• Multifactor authentication option: RoboForm's Multifactor Authentication option gives users the ability to ensure only "registered" devices can access an account. Three types of 'factors' include a hardware or software token, a password or security question, or a fingerprint or retina scan. If the feature is enabled, at least two factors must be present to access the RoboForm Everywhere account.

• Security: Web-based access can be convenient, but can also make it easier for hackers and other unauthorized people to access the password manager. The online/cloud storage is only an option for RoboForm users, and you can choose to store your information only on a computer for added security.

• Best for: People who can’t remember passwords

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

RoboForm questions and answers

What problem is RoboForm trying to solve?
Everybody knows they should use secure and unique passwords for each website they visit, but none of us can remember too many passwords. Our goal is to create a world where nobody has to remember or type passwords again.

RoboForm is a password manager and form filler designed to make people’s lives easier and more secure by allowing them to use unique, secure passwords for all of their logins without having to remember them. Our software is available on PCs, Macs, iOS, Android & Windows Phone, so users will enjoy this additional security and convenience wherever they go.
What sets RoboForm apart from the competition?
RoboForm is very easy to use. Our intuitive technology requires little-to-no set-up time and instantly starts saving users online information as they browse the internet as they normally would.

We also take security and user concerns very seriously, and are the only password manager that lets the user decide whether to store their logins locally or “in the cloud”.

RoboForm is free to use on multiple computers and mobile devices for the first 10 Logins and has multiple upgrade options so users have the option to choose a plan that's best for them.
What needs does RoboForm fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
RoboForm saves time and takes the hassle out of our user's lives by securely storing all of their passwords for them. We’ve all forgotten passwords, used the same password for multiple accounts, or created passwords that were less-than-secure; RoboForm eliminates all of these issues while simplifying users’ web browsing experience. We offer free 24/7 support to ensure that our users are getting the most out of their RoboForm software.
How does RoboForm measure success?
We believe everyone can benefit from using a password manager. RoboForm measures success by the number of people that take the initiative to protect their data online using our software. As long as users are transacting online, there will always be hackers looking to exploit user data. We take pride in helping our users protect their online information.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
All RoboForm user data is secured with military-grade AES 256 encryption, with a ton of additional security options available like multifactor authentication. RoboForm securely stores your passwords with your Master Password, which is used to generate your encryption key. The Master Password is the one and only password RoboForm users are required to remember. RoboForm never knows and does not store your Master Password anywhere.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Millions of users worldwide benefit from using password management software like RoboForm and the need for securing online data is now more important than ever. With the growing list of high-profile security breaches such as Target, Home Depot, Heartbleed and Anthem Health, most people have realized that they must take additional precautions to keep their data safe. The industry is now focused on staying one step ahead of these breaches by allowing users to limit, or in some cases prevent, the damage caused by having their data compromised.

In addition, password management has become much more complex. In the past, users only used one computer and there were no smart phones or tablets. Nowadays users use multiple computers, sometimes with different operating systems, in addition to numerous mobile devices. RoboForm is adept at keeping your information in sync between all these computers and mobile devices so you have your passwords wherever you go.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about RoboForm?
RoboForm has been helping people keep their passwords secure since 1999, and we're continually working to improve our product and find new ways to make users lives easier and more secure.

We believe good password and security practices should start at an early age. With our recently launched RoboFormU program, anyone with a valid college or university email address can use the full version of RoboForm completely free!
Has RoboForm received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our software has an outstanding reputation and has received thousands of media reviews, including reviews by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ZDNet, Bloomberg, Financial Times, NBC TV, ABC News and more. Our software was named PC Magazine Editor's Choice, CNET's Best Software of the Year, and TopTenReviews Top Password Manager.
How has RoboForm grown or evolved?
As technology has evolved in the last 15 years, so has RoboForm. We’re constantly developing new features on both the frontend and backend to ensure that our users are getting the best experience possible from our software.

In the last few years alone we've added multifactor authentication options, support for Android and iOS, the ability to seamlessly sync your data between multiple devices, a convenient start page option and a ton of additional features.

RoboForm Company Information