Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.39/5

270 LivingSocial Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had purchased ticket through LivingSocial which tells you then to access your tickets through Groupon. When you click on your purchase it says the web site is down. I had 7 of us out at aquatic theme park and your web site is down. When calling LivingSocial and Groupon for some help because I'M in line at the park they basically said, "Too bad," and hung the phone up on me. I am so pissed over how I was treated. I and my family are canceling LivingSocial as of today and because I believe this is a way to take money from people. As for Groupon if I or my family has any problem going straight through Groupon, I will cancel you too. I rather pay full price than to get ripped off. I will be writing a review on both sites over our phone conversations and being hung up on. I think this is a way to keep people from being about to use their tickets.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I purchase 2 vouchers for Central Park Zoo while visiting NYS. The LivingSocial site was down the whole time I tried to use it. It would not let me log on to retrieve it. It kept giving me the following message: "Temporarily unavailable. Either because we are updating the site or because someone spilled coffee on it again. We'll be back as soon as we finish update or clean up the coffee. Thank you for your patience."

While I did state all sales are final and I was ok with that that was assuming I actually had access to use them and did not by my own choice or let them expire... This was clearly a LivingSocial issue. I was not able to access them at all and customer service said sorry not sorry did you read the small print... ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Apparently they should add even if you dont actually get them. They said, "Well you have them now? You can use them." I told them I was no longer in NYC and they said to transfer them to someone who can use them. Unreal!!! This was their fault not mine.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Took our money in July 19 and gave me a delivery date in August 18 and still have no answers of where and when my product is being delivered. And I even ask for my money back and that was not even answered.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

An immensely frustrating experience - LivingSocial's supplier is seemingly unable to deliver what LivingSocial has sold. Having purchased a gift voucher for the ice-cream workshop shortly before Christmas 2018, not a single ice cream workshop has been available in the 9 months since. The supplier has been perfectly happy to fob us off, make promises and assurances that have not materialised ("maybe later in the summer"), and continues to offer alternative courses that are of no interest. In conclusion, this seems an absolute waste of money and has been extremely disappointing - steer well clear.

Original review: June 11, 2019

LivingSocial will take your money and run with it. They do not care about their customer satisfaction. They have no concern for nothing but taking peoples money. I made purchases through living social and have had trouble before. This time they stepped way out of line. The purchase that put me over the edge was an oil change service at Midas in ABQ, NM. I purchased a voucher for oil and went to redeem it but when I attempted to open the voucher the Groupon site was down for maintenance and they needed to clean up their coffee? Whatever that meant, it was not fair at all.

I ended up having to purchase another voucher for more expensive price. When I called to let them know what happen they had no care in the world. The answer I received was ("it's our money now and there is nothing we will do to help you"). LivingSocial is not worth the time or money. I believe they are worthless and should not be allowed to operate in America!!?? If I had the money I and time I would sue them and also go more public. What a sad thing to have to deal with. Especially after what goes on in this world already. They might as well rob people with a gun. But they don't got much examples to go off of anyways. My account is deleted and I will never return to the site again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial?

Original review: June 3, 2019

There was a 30% surcharge added to an auto detail. Because I didn't find out about this in "less than 3 days" there is nothing they can do about it. Living Social agrees that it was not in the disclaimer but says it's on me. They will not do anything. In the process of finding out they would not refund or even try and make part of the surcharge good - they disconnected me 3 times. Their final offer was that "I could gift it to someone else so I wouldn't feel I wasted my money". That's honestly what they said and the best that they could do. No more dealing with these people for me. BUYER BEWARE. I guess the old saying - you get what you pay for is correct. They make it look like a deal just to have you pay close to full price.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Purchases and redeemed a voucher for this vendor on Jan 11. Almost 4 months later still haven’t received the order despite multiple apologies from the vendor. Contacted LivingSocial and they said they would contact vendor but still nothing done. Requested refund but supervisor located overseas said they would not because the voucher expired. Read canned lines. Told me if it were him he would be upset too but there is nothing LivingSocial can do despite having my money. LivingSocial doesn’t care about their customer. They commit fraud and basically stole my money! Stay away!

Original review: May 10, 2019

When I clicked on "ORDER" to get the tickets, the system kicked back and said that my transaction did not go through and to call customer service. There are no phone numbers and no chat service to contact on the site. I tried to order again a couple of times and they both also kicked back. 5 minutes later I receive a confirmation order for 3 orders. All the transactions went through. I contacted customer service but they said the tickets were non refundable and there was nothing they could do, even though their system was not working properly.

Original review: May 3, 2019

LivingSocial has started sneaking stuff into their fine print and then refusing refunds. They marketed a mobile detail to me, but the vendor was outside my service area. So, the voucher is worthless. I contacted them within a week of purchase asking for a refund and was quoted back the fine print. What? Just lost a customer FOREVER.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I recently purchased a deal from them for a haircut... Within their fine print, they sneaked in that actually blow drying the hair wasn't included. I've never seen them allow a salon to withhold that service. The voucher cost like $35 and the salon up-charges $30 for you to not walk out with wet hair. I flagged this to LivingSocial, kindly asking to exchange for a less skeezy salon four days after purchasing. 24 hours later, they said they will not allow that even though I never opened the voucher to see the code. No wonder people have stopped using LivingSocial as much - lesson learned.

LivingSocial expert review by Erin Huffstetler

Based in Washington D.C, LivingSocial specializes in local deals. You’ll find vouchers for food, family outings, special events and travel. The site also includes a small shop with limited-time offers for merchandise and online stores.

• Accessible customer support: Both email and phone support are available.

• Clean interface: The navigation is simple and intuitive, and the site is devoid of unnecessary clutter.

• Expiration notifications: You can request e-mail notifications when a voucher is about to expire.

• Vouchers retain value: If a voucher expires before you get to use it, you can still redeem it for the purchase price.

• Refunds: Refunds are available on some, but not all vouchers; and the refund terms vary from deal to deal.

• Return fee: Unused shop items can be returned within 14 days of delivery, but you’ll have to pay a $7.99 returns-processing fee.

• Best for: Bargain Shoppers, one-time users, occasional users, businesses

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

LivingSocial Company Information