2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.11/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

LivingSocial Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2020

Three weeks after purchasing a product for over $300, the only contact I received was a purchase confirmation, a tracking option, and a delivery date which happened to be 3/21-3/28. Other than that automated response initially received, a contact option was offered if there were questions. The caveat was that to inquire about that product would have required LivingSocial acknowledgement option for that item. It was never offered. Only past purchases from months or years ago. No direct contact for my purchase was offered. After all research was done, no working phone or contact information was available. Only an automated message during normal hours of operation indicating there is no availability for any customer direct or indirect customer service. No option to find out who the supplying vendor is or any direct recourse for the consumer other than going to your financial institution to dispute purchase or label as a fraudulent sale.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I ordered 2 items, I waited 2 weeks for the delivery date, nothing arrived. Contacted Living Social and vendor, didn't hear anything for weeks. When I finally reached the customer service, I was advised the goods would be reshipped and I would be provided a tracking number within 3 days, it's now 6 days, and again I can't get anyone to answer my emails. I am now waiting close to 2 months for my goods, and wondering if I will ever receive them. I can safely say I will never ever use this site or its affiliates again.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I recently bought a voucher and went to use it. The redeem code was invalid. I go back to the LivingSocial site. No chat or customer support contact. I email Groupon their parent company. They give me a number that no one answers. I will be filing a fraud claim with my bank and getting my money back. Will not purchase from them again. I had to give them a one star for site to work. They should get a zero.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I bought concert tickets after reading policies that say in the event of extraordinary circumstances you will be auto refunded. I had to call & ask about it because my refund never came. When I called they gave me store credit with no option for an actual refund! Buyer beware...Ticketmaster will treat you better & that’s not saying much!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I purchased a LivingSocial coupon which was eligible for an additional 20% discount by putting in a coupon code. It clearly said it applied to my purchase. I tried 3 times to no avail to enter in the code and process the order. The code kept being rejected so since the offer expired in 3 mintues and it was late at night, I was forced to pay without the 20% off code. The next day I called and spent over 15 minutes on the phone with a rep there who said he'd put the 20% refund back on my Paypal account (Jose' was rep's name). He kept putting me on hold (3 times) after acknowledging that the 20% should have worked and I'd get refund. After 15 minutes the phone went dead and I just figured he'd issue the credit after telling me and putting me on hold so many times.

Anyhow, 3 days later I happen to check my Paypal account and turns out I never got my refund. I called LivingSocial again and spoke to another rep (Daniel). I told him to read me the notes from my conversaition with Jose. He said that it said "Since customer (me) "hung-up" he did not issue my refund." WTH!!! Daniel issued it in 30 seconds after I complained that I felt scammed. This is bothersome on many levels. One, the coupon code didn't work. Two, They did not issue my refund even though I was on the phone for 15 minutes and he said he would. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I received a printed gift voucher that will expire December 9, 2020. When I attempted to redeem the gift at Vitality Spa in East Islip, NY they told me that Livingsocial is no longer in business and therefore they cannot accept the voucher. When I reported this to Livingsocial they told me that they cannot help me, even though I sent them a copy of the voucher with the date of purchase and gift number and all related information. They informed me that the person who bought me the gift would have to resolve the issue.

Aside from the fact that I am no longer in contact with the gift giver, it would be completely uncomfortable to have to tell someone who gave you a gift that you either don't like it and want to exchange, or worse that the place they chose to get you a gift from is sketchy and tell lies. I have NEVER had a company send me back to the gift giver to discuss gift card balances or issues. Additionally, there is no easy way to cancel your account or unsubscribe from their website. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

On Thanksgiving Day 2019, I ordered two twin mattresses from LivingSocial. Over the following two weeks I saw that LivingSocial had charged me for the mattresses, refunded the entire purchase price, and then recharged me for just one mattress. Then they refunded that single charge and recharged me for the two mattresses again. I already had suspicions at that point that there was going to be a problem. I was right.

On December 9, 2019, one mattress was delivered. I check my LivingSocial account and found that they were claiming that both mattresses had been delivered. So, I thought it would be a simple matter to call customer support, explain the situation and they would just send the second mattress. I could not have been more wrong. I called customer service and explained the situation to the customer service representative. He explained that I had three options:

1. He could place another order on my behalf for the second mattress at no charge so that the second mattress would be delivered.
      2. Get a refund of the one mattress in the form of LivingSocial credit.

3. Get a refund of the one mattress to my credit card.

Of course, I chose option number one. However, after pressing some buttons on his computer, the representative informed me that the price of the mattress had gone from $99 to $134.99 since my original order was placed, and that in order to place the new order for me, I would be responsible for the additional $35. Well, that didn't sit too well with me. I immediately requested to speak with his supervisor.

The supervisor gets on the phone and I explain the situation to him. He repeats, verbatim, the three options that I have. Again, I explained to him that I just wanted what I originally ordered and HAD ALREADY PAID FOR, to be shipped to me. He never raised his voice, but did proceed to argue with me and attempt to speak over me to tell me that I had only the aforementioned three options and repeatedly asked me "which option would you like to choose" as if he was a machine and incapable of saying anything else. After arguing for a few minutes and being told that there was no one else for me to talk to, I finally took the refund to my credit card. So, I will be refunded the original purchase price of one of the mattresses and will NEVER do business with LivingSocial or Groupon again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

A recent audit of my credit card statement showed 4 unauthorized charges for LivingSocial services. I am a 71-year-old widower on a fixed income and my credit card was charged twice for Adam & Eve sex toys and such. Another charge for $95, for 3 laps 'round a racetrack in a Porsche out of state. I removed my credit card from their site and opened a fraud investigation. New Years Resolution Caveat Emptor.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Livingsocial site is totally a rip off. They just want to keep your money anyhow! The staff are very unfriendly and unprofessional! They wouldn't credit me for an unused voucher instead they want to use a new form which is a "trade-in" (which is not useful at all.) I wouldn't recommend to anyone using this website for purchasing any product or service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Purchased 2 small jewelry items. Not expensive. Total of probably close to 20 dollars. I ordered a pair of earrings. They sent me one earring, a ring that was bent in half when I received it. Called customer service 5 times. They kept telling me it was the vendor's issue and they would call me in 24-48 hours. Good luck with that. LivingSocial supervisors were useless. Kept telling me it was escalated and I would get a call again from the vendor. I am sick of calling and emailing and it's only 20 dollars but it taught me a lesson to NEVER purchase from them again because they took no liability for what THEY sold to me. I told them THEY should be taking it up with the vendor. MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE THAT PUT THEIR PURCHASE ON A CREDIT CARD IS TO DISPUTE THE CHARGE. When LivingSocial gets hit back for the charges I'm sure they'll put more effort into making things right for the buyer.

LivingSocial author review by Erin Huffstetler

Based in Washington D.C, LivingSocial specializes in local deals. You’ll find vouchers for food, family outings, special events and travel. The site also includes a small shop with limited-time offers for merchandise and online stores.

• Accessible customer support: Both email and phone support are available.

• Clean interface: The navigation is simple and intuitive, and the site is devoid of unnecessary clutter.

• Expiration notifications: You can request e-mail notifications when a voucher is about to expire.

• Vouchers retain value: If a voucher expires before you get to use it, you can still redeem it for the purchase price.

• Refunds: Refunds are available on some, but not all vouchers; and the refund terms vary from deal to deal.

• Return fee: Unused shop items can be returned within 14 days of delivery, but you’ll have to pay a $7.99 returns-processing fee.

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

LivingSocial Company Information