2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

2.1/5 (470 ratings)

About LivingSocial

LivingSocial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial?

Original review: June 15, 2021

I bought a year of laser hair removal from LivingSocial - 6 appointments. The reviews on LivingSocial for the company were all good, and all old. The couple of reviews on the internet were bad. After the first unpromising and disappointing appointment I asked LivingSocial for a refund and they refused even a credit since the voucher was "partially used." The merchant continued to be disreputable, rescheduling appointments about 10x, being suddenly unavailable for months, etc. The doctor spent more time arguing about what she had or had not covered on my face and what I did and did not pay for than actually working. Finally I was called to say my next appointment was cancelled and the business temporarily closed until further notice.

I complained to LivingSocial again. I was contacted by multiple people - the first one said the merchant would be in business again in 2 more months but a full refund would be given if I wanted. I said yes. While I was waiting for this transaction a second person said I couldn't get a refund of any sort and I corresponded with her for a good while - she eventually promised a credit to my account and when I said it wasn't there she said she had to do more research to make sure I had not partially completed the offer. Then suddenly a third worker processed the credit, in full.

I consider this a miracle and I do not recommend any multiple appointment vouchers from LivingSocial unless you have independently researched the company it is for. I have been a customer of LivingSocial for years and this merchant was an anomaly - in the past most were fine, especially for food and wine. The main problem was LivingSocial having an inadequate refund policy if a merchant does badly, and not making good on the problem without a fight.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Never, never, never use this site. I purchased a meal plan. When I tried to log into my account to redeem the voucher, my account had been deleted and they denied that I had ever placed an order! I spent over an hour on the phone trying to resolve this--to no avail!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Purchased an oil Diffuser, when it arrived what a joke, was supposed to be reduced from €85+ to, €9.99, Come on. The diffuser was so small it fitted into my hand. I was then told that HomeStore +More had large diffuser for €20. Are these people for real? Blocked all emails from them this morning.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I bought Superdry Brand Arena sunglasses. They were supposed to be delivered on 14th April. Still no sunglasses and no response from Brand Arena despite emailing every day since. Be very wary of buying on Living Social.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Hi, I bought an item on living social, paid for it and went on to redeem the voucher. Part of the process is to give them your delivery address. It did not accept my post code or my actual address (my address is not unusual). So I can’t redeem the voucher and the money is gone from my account. Does this business operate like this? Totally illegal and should be shut down. I emailed looking for my money back.... Let’s see will I get it!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I purchased a voucher from Living Social for a Hello Fresh meal plan at for $19.20. In order to redeem the plan from Hello Fresh, I had to get the number from Living Social's voucher. A pop-up window informed me there were no refunds available after opening the voucher. When I opened the voucher in the fine print it said "for first-time customers only". This is the first notice of "for first-time customers only" I received. In other words, Living Social led me down a path where they took my money and made it unrefundable before I was notified I was ineligible to use the voucher. Hello Fresh wants an additional $62.93 for the meal plan I contracted for $19.20.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Really bad, they charged for the value of the two tablets and never received the expensive one. Received the cheap one but it was faulty, the keyboard didn't work. Try to refund it, not accept it. Trying to get credit for any of them, never granted. Lost my money and dignity. Please do not ever deal with them!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I will strongly advise that you don't buy anything whatsoever from this company especially if it is fulfilled by Wowcher. They are the most unreliable company I've ever seen and I regret ever dealing with them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Do not purchase any services through LivingSocial. I purchased a voucher for gutter cleaning which the vendor then scheduled two weeks out. Two weeks comes and goes and they haven't shown up so I have to reach out to them to get them to reschedule. Of course, they don't show up for the second appointment either. So I reach out to LivingSocial's customer service department to get a refund and they tell me that since it's outside of their 3-day window, they cannot issue a cash refund. Instead I have to use their internal credit to be applied to another deal.

Fast forward a couple of months and the credit is still sitting in my account and I decide to apply it to having the house pressure washed. Because pressure washing is more expensive than gutter cleaning I have to throw good money after bad and apply more cash. Pressure washing guy sets an appointment 2 weeks out, doesn't show, I have to track him down with 2 texts and 2 phone calls before I can get him to reschedule for the following Monday. Monday comes and I call him to make sure he's still coming and of course by the end of the day my house is still not pressure washed.

I reach back out to Living Social and get the same malarkey about 3-day windows and Living Social credits which are virtually worthless. The truly criminal thing is you cannot leave a vendor review if you have not redeemed a voucher for that vendor. Meaning there is no way to warn other users who may fall victim to the same scam.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Three weeks after purchasing a product for over $300, the only contact I received was a purchase confirmation, a tracking option, and a delivery date which happened to be 3/21-3/28. Other than that automated response initially received, a contact option was offered if there were questions. The caveat was that to inquire about that product would have required LivingSocial acknowledgement option for that item. It was never offered. Only past purchases from months or years ago. No direct contact for my purchase was offered. After all research was done, no working phone or contact information was available. Only an automated message during normal hours of operation indicating there is no availability for any customer direct or indirect customer service. No option to find out who the supplying vendor is or any direct recourse for the consumer other than going to your financial institution to dispute purchase or label as a fraudulent sale.

LivingSocial author review by Erin Huffstetler

Based in Washington D.C, LivingSocial specializes in local deals. You’ll find vouchers for food, family outings, special events and travel. The site also includes a small shop with limited-time offers for merchandise and online stores.

• Accessible customer support: Both email and phone support are available.

• Clean interface: The navigation is simple and intuitive, and the site is devoid of unnecessary clutter.

• Expiration notifications: You can request e-mail notifications when a voucher is about to expire.

• Vouchers retain value: If a voucher expires before you get to use it, you can still redeem it for the purchase price.

• Refunds: Refunds are available on some, but not all vouchers; and the refund terms vary from deal to deal.

• Return fee: Unused shop items can be returned within 14 days of delivery, but you’ll have to pay a $7.99 returns-processing fee.

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

LivingSocial Company Information