Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.44/5

266 LivingSocial Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Extremely difficult to contact customer service department/ aka call center with problems with a vendor that would or could not provide service advertised. Online text lasted over an house just to say all they will do is give "store credit". Vendor refused a full refund and LivingSocial will only give credit for other service. That credit expires 24 HOURS. I will have to use my credit for something that I DO NOT need in order not to loose my $. Either Groupon/LivingSocial or the vendor that placed the ad owe me a refund. False advertising. Now have to pay for the services I paid for plus use the money I gave Groupon/LivingSocial for something I DO NOT NEED. In order not to lose that money I agreed to the unprovided service from Groupon/LivingSocial. SO I pay double. This will be my last purchase with Groupon/LivingSocial.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

LivingSocial's policy states that once you purchase a deal through LivingSocial, the paid value NEVER EXPIRES. However, we attempted to use two vouchers where the restaurants had been permanently closed, and two other restaurants where they would not accept the expired voucher for paid value. When I finally found a method to contact LivingSocial, I was connected with a man named Sebastian **.

I stated the reasons why I would like a refund, as they claim your value never expires - and he coldly responded that whatever happens after the voucher expires is no longer their responsibility and the restaurant can choose to refuse if they want. He was cold, unhelpful, and spewing canned responses. I asked him to close my account. Please don’t make the same mistake I did! The deal might seem good, but you can find deals elsewhere, where they value their customers and their business model and reputation. LivingSocial is a scam - just don’t do it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased flight lessons for my husband for Christmas. When I got the voucher, the company website and phone number were disconnected and inaccessible. There is no customer support phone number or email. This was a total scam.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a mattress and hit the wrong firmness. They have a place to contact customer service, since it is a no return but you have a few hours to make a change. I never got any confirmations on my order and never got a response. I emailed 4 times since they have no phone number or way to get in touch with them. The delivery company called and they gave me their phone number. I spoke to them and was told they had escalated it but I had reached out 7 days before. Then I'm told I cant change. I wanted to make my order right and pay for the correct mattress but they have the worst customer service. Then the supervisor sends me an email sorry for my problems with tracking the order and no changes can be made. Seriously? Do NOT buy from them. My money was taken out immediately but no one to help if a mistake was made.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Groupon owns LivingSocial, so be wary of either one. I've used both for years and until recently did not have a problem. In June, I bought a LivingSocial deal for a full interior/exterior car detailing. Since I wasn't ready to have my car done just yet, I waited until sometime in July to call the vendor. Keep in mind his business is on average a 40-minute drive away from my home, and I work full-time. When I finally called to schedule an appointment for a Saturday, I was informed that they aren't open on weekends and they close at 4:00 Monday through Friday.

In addition, as the owner was talking to me he discovered that my car had never been detailed, and he informed me that he would have to charge me more than what I paid on the Voucher. He compared it to the first time you have someone else clean your home - it takes a lot longer and costs you a lot more. I told him I'd think about it. I called back a couple of weeks later and told him it wasn't going to work out. I would not be able to make that drive on a weekday with rush hour traffic and I wasn't willing to pay more than I already had. He assured me that all I needed to do was call LivingSocial and tell them he had agreed to a refund and they would honor that. He said, "They are very good about that."

Nope, nope, and nope. When I spoke to Esperanza in their customer service, she told me flat out, no refunds for any reason after 3 days. So, I am out $178, the merchant gets nothing, and LivingSocial gets to keep $178 for services nobody provided. Since late-September I've had my LegalShield attorney write two letters to the company on my behalf, and both have been completely ignored - not even the courtesy of a reply. If you are not 100 percent sure you will use the service or product offered, do not purchase any vouchers from either Groupon or LivingSocial. In fact, for a service of any type, call the vendor and make sure it will work for you before purchasing. They may honor whatever deal you're seeing without the hassle of the middle company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

WOW! I bought a couple of vouchers from LivingSocial. I used one for Shaw Academy and after the course bought a lifetime membership. I called LivingSocial to refund the second Shaw Academy voucher and they won't. You only have 3 days to request a refund so don't even bother buying no matter how good the deal sounds. All the rep from LivingSocial did was read me their hidden details. They are a SCAM. They won't even provide a credit. BTW the call center and online chat is in Columbia - so good luck getting nowhere.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I ordered an item in Navy blue but received it in black. It is difficult to contact customer support and once you eventually are able to chat with them they show no care. They would not send me the correct item and requested that I set up an exchange where I would have to pay more to get the correct item even though it was THEIR MISTAKE.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I received an email today at about 10:30 am with a link to a local restaurant deal. I clicked on one the links for this deal and it led me to the website for living social, however, not this restaurant deal. There were other similar deals and there was no xyz restaurant deal is sold out. I contacted customer service via chat and was told by the first rep to send him the email, which I did. He stated that he was looking for the email and I checked and realized I had a return email stating that the email address was not receiving incoming emails. The rep actually received the email a few min later, but dropped out of the convo, or so I thought, until I ended the chat and his new messages showed up.

I began chatting with a new rep who I explained the issue to and he quickly told me that the deal was sold out. I explained to him that this was impossible since the link doesn’t even take me to the correct restaurant deal plus there’s no way that the deal could’ve expired within 5 min of it being emailed to me. He explained that there are many similar deals to chose from. I asked him how long the deals are available for and he said the Time was uncertain. I asked him for the number of deals available for purchase and he said the number was uncertain. I let him know that this deals email was a classic bait and switch deal and I ended the convo. Beware...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I bought a cleaning service offer. The person never returned my phone calls. I canceled and received credit. Slowly I was trying to use up the credit. Let’s be honest, the deals are all crappy. All of a sudden the money is gone. Customer service says I didn’t read the fine print. They stole my money.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I received an email from Living Social that contained an ad for purchase of an Apple iPad 4, either a 16 or 32gb that was a scratch and dent model. I ordered it. Today, when I received the email confirming my order was about to ship, it showed the product was used! I called Customer Service and eventually was transferred to a supervisor. I told her the ad was dishonest. She apologized, but refused to cancel my order. Stated their policy is order must be canceled in 2 hours! She refused to let me to speak to a manager at a higher level and told me all she could do was give me an address to write!

The product will be shipped to me. I must return it to the post office to return to them and it will take them 2-3 weeks to verify I have a right to return the product. Then, I should receive an email saying return was accepted. After another few days, the money should be returned to my card. All this because this company deceptively led me to purchase a used or refurbished product. Texas has Deceptive Trade Practice Laws against such activity!!! Don't buy anything from this company! Wow!

LivingSocial Company Information