Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.38/5

LivingSocial Reviews

Original review: May 3, 2019

LivingSocial has started sneaking stuff into their fine print and then refusing refunds. They marketed a mobile detail to me, but the vendor was outside my service area. So, the voucher is worthless. I contacted them within a week of purchase asking for a refund and was quoted back the fine print. What? Just lost a customer FOREVER.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I recently purchased a deal from them for a haircut... Within their fine print, they sneaked in that actually blow drying the hair wasn't included. I've never seen them allow a salon to withhold that service. The voucher cost like $35 and the salon up-charges $30 for you to not walk out with wet hair. I flagged this to LivingSocial, kindly asking to exchange for a less skeezy salon four days after purchasing. 24 hours later, they said they will not allow that even though I never opened the voucher to see the code. No wonder people have stopped using LivingSocial as much - lesson learned.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased AKC dog crates. One box of 5 crates arrived smashed and the plastic crates damaged on one side. The day I received delivery I immediately went on the LivingSocial website and requested a refund (I took photos of damage). I printed off the return label, stuck it on the original box, re-taped the box, took it down to the USPS as directed, received a receipt from the USPS, went home and noted my account showed nothing yet. I checked my account a week later it still didn’t show anything. I checked my account which would have been two weeks later and it showed the return process was noted And the item was not eligible for return because the refund process was implemented.

A total of one month after the item was delivered broken I found customer service phone number after attempting for hours online customer support... Approximately five hours later on the phone with customer service and two different agents and a supervisor after they told me numerous times they couldn’t help me, it wasn’t in their system, they haven’t received my item etc. etc. etc., it was all my fault, it’s et-Cetera... After giving them tracking numbers from their shipping label and the return receipt from the USPS a supervisor after almost 2 hours finally gave me a refund!!! I wouldn’t wish my worst enemy on this company!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Don’t buy items on LivingSocial!! They don’t honor what they sell... Don’t communicate with merchants who won’t honor vouchers... Horrible customer service. LivingSocial doesn’t communicate with customers to ask how customer wants issue resolved. LivingSocial is absolutely terrible and is not customer service oriented. I have been a very loyal customer and I will not be back!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

LivingSocial has the worst customer service. They are rude and do not care about their reputation. Their online chat is not any better. When they feel they have meet your needs they will hang up on you or end the conversation regardless if you are satisfied or not or if you understood. I will never use their services again.

Many of the people that advertise with them are not upfront nor are they reputable. LivingSocial will not support you if there is a problem. I know they also own Groupon now so be careful! I am closing down my account with them. I have never experienced such a company. I really do not know how they are still in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Wanted to buy a restaurant coupon, $25 for a $50 coupon. Non refundable. An API message appeared, twice, saying my purchase was not completed. So I clicked again, twice more. Charged for three coupons. Spoke with three reps. Nobody could help me. Have 3 vouchers. Cost $75. Can’t possibly use all three. Ugh.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Extremely difficult to contact customer service department/ aka call center with problems with a vendor that would or could not provide service advertised. Online text lasted over an house just to say all they will do is give "store credit". Vendor refused a full refund and LivingSocial will only give credit for other service. That credit expires 24 HOURS. I will have to use my credit for something that I DO NOT need in order not to loose my $. Either Groupon/LivingSocial or the vendor that placed the ad owe me a refund. False advertising. Now have to pay for the services I paid for plus use the money I gave Groupon/LivingSocial for something I DO NOT NEED. In order not to lose that money I agreed to the unprovided service from Groupon/LivingSocial. SO I pay double. This will be my last purchase with Groupon/LivingSocial.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

LivingSocial's policy states that once you purchase a deal through LivingSocial, the paid value NEVER EXPIRES. However, we attempted to use two vouchers where the restaurants had been permanently closed, and two other restaurants where they would not accept the expired voucher for paid value. When I finally found a method to contact LivingSocial, I was connected with a man named Sebastian **.

I stated the reasons why I would like a refund, as they claim your value never expires - and he coldly responded that whatever happens after the voucher expires is no longer their responsibility and the restaurant can choose to refuse if they want. He was cold, unhelpful, and spewing canned responses. I asked him to close my account. Please don’t make the same mistake I did! The deal might seem good, but you can find deals elsewhere, where they value their customers and their business model and reputation. LivingSocial is a scam - just don’t do it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased flight lessons for my husband for Christmas. When I got the voucher, the company website and phone number were disconnected and inaccessible. There is no customer support phone number or email. This was a total scam.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a mattress and hit the wrong firmness. They have a place to contact customer service, since it is a no return but you have a few hours to make a change. I never got any confirmations on my order and never got a response. I emailed 4 times since they have no phone number or way to get in touch with them. The delivery company called and they gave me their phone number. I spoke to them and was told they had escalated it but I had reached out 7 days before. Then I'm told I cant change. I wanted to make my order right and pay for the correct mattress but they have the worst customer service. Then the supervisor sends me an email sorry for my problems with tracking the order and no changes can be made. Seriously? Do NOT buy from them. My money was taken out immediately but no one to help if a mistake was made.

LivingSocial Company Information