1and1

1&1
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.29/5

1&1 Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

I would advise you all to delete your mail.com mail addresses and find a more trustable mail service. Here is why: My mail address which I used for 6+ years got hacked today. They changed the contact mail address and I can't remember the secret question's answer. I've provided mail.com my ID Card's photo and sent that photo via the original contact mail adress (the original and the first one, which hackers changed into another email) but mail.com's customer service just said they can't help me. I should follow password recovery steps which I already clearly told them I tried every single possibility but hackers already blocked those ways. Long story short: If your mail.com account is hacked it's not your mail address anymore according to mail.com customer services. Use another mail service. Don't lose your valuable information with mail.com.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Last night I received an email from PayPal stating that I just paid $161 to 1&1! Ummmmmmm...WHAT?! I haven’t had any web hosting from them since 2014 when I closed my account. WTF IS GOING ON HERE! I called them, told them what happened and they hung up on me. Okaaaay, Houston we have a problem. PayPal has me on hold for 30 mins before I hung up so this morning I called 1&1 again. SO...they asked me what my domain was. I told them, they asked to verify my account before going forward and they wanted the invoice number they sent me.

I don’t have an invoice, I’m not a customer, I haven’t been since 2014. They asked me to check my email address they sent it to. What email is that? They wouldn’t tell me. I gave them every email address I had registered during that time frame and they said every one was incorrect. I said the only other one was attached to that website and it’s no longer active because my service was terminated with them in 2014! “Well, without that invoice number we can’t help you. Find the invoice and then we can proceed”. How can I access an email I no longer have?! I told them I’d never be able to get the invoice, ever, like never! They said because of that, they keep my money. What a nightmare!! Thank god when I called PayPal today they RELUCTANTLY refunded my money. I don’t think they believed me. But, you guys know! This is how fraudulently they roll!

Original review: June 7, 2019

This without any doubt the worst company for anything regarding domains. Made the mistake of falling for a cheap offer they made and forgot to review them online before I did. I would have spent more money to buy the domain with another company than have to deal with the arrogance and stupidity of dealing with 1&1.com. They are so bad at everything they do, they had to change their name to hide all the BAD customer reviews, but they are still the same crap useless company they were before. NOTHING has changed. Worst company EVER. Don't make the mistake of fall for their cheap rubbish deals. Their customer service sucks!

Original review: May 8, 2019

1&1 Ionos is 1000% scam. I bought a domain name and I don't get at all, they charged me a week ago and until now I don't get my domain, there is no way to contact them, and I'm not going to call them international. Cost more than what I paid for the domain itself, ** you and ** your service, I have evident in my Paypal account, I'm going to open a case with them as well stupid **.

Original review: May 8, 2019

All I have to say they are rude and cruel. They don't do what they promise! Horrible customer service. I spent money and hours with them. Please don't use their service. They even hang up on me. Find another way to do it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1&1?

Original review: April 24, 2019

I request a cancellation for service on February. I see that they are still charged me on March and April. I contacted them and they said, "Yes you requested cancellation but it is not cancelled." Then, they cancelled my account but did not refund the March and April invoices. I send email but they send negative respond. It is like a fraud and scam.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I haven't been a customer since January 2019. In April, they tried to bill a credit card I canceled for service I no longer have with them. They have sent me threatening emails and when I tried to resolve this over the phone with them, everyone I spoke to had something different to say. The only thing we agree upon is that I no longer have an account with them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My domain was shut down & I was blacklisted because 1R$1 allowed a spammer to open up 2 emails in my name without my permission & said spammer was trying to fraudulently take money from people. 1&1 states they sent me over 50 emails regarding this, but I didn’t receive any. I called in February to renew my domain, they took my money, gave me my domain & did not tell me about these 2 email accounts or that they were being used to spam. So today when I call to see why my domain isn’t working they tell me. Obviously I’m shocked. I understand they have to protect their company but, the way the staff spoke with me - as if I was a criminal was abhorrent!

When I asked for more details so I could file a police report they told me I was not their customer anymore. I spoke with 3 different staff members including a supervisor- all 3 need to go to a sensitivity training, as well as training on people skills. 1 staff even had the audacity to tell me “there’s No supervisor on site for you to speak with”. My last call concluded with them telling me I had to email their legal department to get more information on the mail logs I need to give to police- should be interesting to get a response from a company who states they’ve been emailing me for 3 years?! Bad Business 1&1. Bad Business.

Original review: April 9, 2019

They were billing me for a product I never asked. Plus never answer your email in time. My business down for 2 days (still down) and they never return me!!! Worst company I ever work with! I will move my all domains to the another company!

Original review: April 7, 2019

This company sent me to collections for $21.57 for a service they did not deliver. I canceled my service with them, they took my website down then continued to bill me. When I stopped payment, they sent me to collections to months that I had canceled and the website was down. What kind of company sends you to collections for services NOT delivered? 1&1 IONOS is a website company I recommend you stay away from. This is a fraudulent activity and should be reported to the FTC.

1&1 Company Information