1&1
1.03/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

1and1

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

136 1&1 Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was with 1and1 for several years. Over that time they would charge ambiguous fees insisting for "upkeep". When they couldn't explain what they were actually for I canceled my membership. They had my site down in a matter of minutes but continued to charge me. I disputed it on PayPal who said there was nothing I could do since at some point they had access to my account even though I changed my email address just to avoid this. 1and1 said they couldn't figure out how to refund me and that I would have to give them an authorization for an all new autopay to refund me. Obviously that was a scam. I'm furious and they don't care.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have numerous emails confirming cancellation of my contract as well as refunds that were never received. The company has billed me twice after cancellation, when I called my card company with Ionos on the phone and my card company confirmed that there is no refund the Ionos representative disconnected the call. I received a very rude follow up email after filing a BBB report (with screenshots of emails), as well as requesting a new card and charge reversal from my card company saying “you can do what you want”. This is RIDICULOUS. Stay away! I am now over $200 in the hole for a service that was cancelled over a month ago.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Support team I have a HUGE problem working with you. I do understand you don't absolutely care about such a small customer as I but you do absolutely nothing to help. My customer ID **. I had outstanding invoice #**. I tried to pay before 1 month had been over in order to keep my web-site at your back-up. I had 3-4 days to pay and I truly tried to do so. My account was deactivated and I spent 20 minutes talking with your support. He told me that I should tell him my credit card number with CVC code and there is no any other way to make a payment. It is damn crazy! I was forced to order a new card. It took hell of a time but 23 of January I called again and the support told me I can pay via PayPal and send me invoice again. I paid and the support told me account will be activated within 2 days.

A week passed and I called again. Girl on support told me I need to pay more. It was a really strange because I paid, according the invoice till 11.06.2019 for all the services. I told that payment had been made and I need my account to activated. She replied invoice will be recalculated and the money will be send me back. It is also quite strange because I need activated account not the money. 30 of January I received invoice (in attachment) showing $71 had been send back to me.

Today is 10 of February. Neither money had been received nor account had been activated. Because of your useless support: I lost a web-site. I paid more than $5K (they didn't told me I can pay via Paypal). For more than a 3 week after I paid I my account hadn't been activated. For more than a 10 days money you so-called sent me back hadn't been received.

Please tell me only ONE SIMPLE THING - WHAT SHOULD I DO ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT!?!? I just need my account to be active, it is SIMPLEST thing. Sent me PayPal invoice or any explanation but please don't make me call you again!!! It is damn too expensive to make international calls and talked with useless support for an hours and MAKE MY ACCOUNT ACTIVE!!! Please, I need this account ASAP!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Just got stung for £120 for additional "services!!!" Watch out for the fake offers! It's how they make the majority of their money. I own many sites but every time I gave IONAS (1&1) the benefit of the doubt, I end up regretting it because of the hidden charges. Hidden charges and vague terminology confuse the user into paying for services they didn't need (and they'll of course tie you into a contract for the additional services which isn't stated at the beginning). The user then ends up paying many times over the original price offer which initially looks cheap compared to other providers but isn't in reality. Take screenshots of the signup process to protect yourself!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

No one from 1&1 or IONOS could answer our concern why email we sent to a Gmail account takes a couple of days before the recipient receives it. Have been having this issue since Oct 2018. Have been their customer since 2004, but only having this problem lately. Will be switching our account to another provider, just have to figure out how to transfer our domain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1&1?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

What everyone is saying about them about still taking your money even though you canceled is true. Then when they refund your money they send you to collections. This company needs to be shut down. I see a huge class action lawsuit.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I spend more time calling Tech support than working on my site. The problem is they have far too strict security demand. 1. Can't see your password as you type it in. 2. If you get the very complicated password they force upon you wrong just 2 -3 times they lock you out. 3. Then the password reset is a joke as it sends you a link to reset but that opens a page demanding a 12 digit code which they never send you. You try this reset more than 2 times and they totally lock you out of your control panel. Even the tech support with remote view could not find the 12 digit code. 1&1 sucked but now with this really stupid company IONOS nothing works

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Actually not much I can add to the previous reviews. Just that this happened to me too. I turned off the automatic renewal function on purpose to avoid the automatic renewal. I did not get any invoices. I got one phone call and told the representative I don't need the service anymore. 2 month later I get a call from a debt collector!!! In order to get out of the contract they wanted me to cancel it and still make a payment for a full year and told me they would refund me partially. Still waiting for the refund. What a criminal organization is this. Stay far, far away!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

How on earth is this company allowed to exist? It is like organized crime. They will trick you into everything. They will sign you up to contracts which they won't actually show you. They will make false charges and then literally send debt collectors after you when you don't pay. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid like the plague.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Beware, this company will ** you where it hurts, in the wallet. They charge your account for false fees, auto renew your contracts, and make sure that their billing emails make it to your spam folder. So convenient for an email company. Spam folder. WOW.

1&1 Company Information