Compare Quotes and Save

Get Quotes
USAA Auto Insurance
2.26/5

USAA Auto Insurance

USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military and their families. USAA doesn't currently participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you're a member of the U.S. military in need of insurance, contact InsuraMatch today to see multiple offers that could work for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes

BOTTOM LINE

USAA offers auto coverage to all active and retired military personnel and their immediate family members. It enjoys mostly positive reviews from clients because of its excellent customer service and online experience ratings. Products include coverages and discounts for drivers, their cars and their passengers.

PROS

• Affordable rates for USAA members
  • Stored-vehicle discount for military personnel
  • Superior financial strength and claims servicing
  • Online tools for policy management, roadside assistance and claims requests

CONS

• Some discounts not available in some states
  • Products open to USAA members and their immediate families only

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1628 USAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

So I was rear ended by a client (buddy of mine) of USAA in November 2018. So he makes the claim and tells me they should be contacting me soon. 2 weeks go by and I finally was able to get through to someone (since everytime I called they stated there system was down and couldn't pull up any info on the claim) just so I could get the adjusters info and figure out getting the car repaired. So they finally get my car towed to the shop and the estimate done. USAA then fights with the shop and stalls my work getting done because they didn't want to fix the underlying damage done to the chassis of the car or the creased rear quarter panel. USAA only want to replace my bumper and that was it.

So during this time they gave me a rental car to use so I could go back and forth to work and the representative tells me that they will cover the cost until my car is repaired. Finally after USAA agrees to fix all the damage, I go down to the shop to see the owner and discuss the timeline for when the car would be ready. He states it will be ready for pickup by January 6, or 7th and that he gave this same date to USAA as well. I then get a call on Dec 24th from USAA and the rental car agency saying that I was only authorized the rental until December 24th. I told the USAA rep that I was told my car wouldn't be ready until Jan 6 or 7th. He tells me that he will call my shop and verify and that I need to stay in the rental and he will handle that as well, and that I would not be charged for the extension. So, because of the holidays, my bumper and new taillights didn't come in when they were supposed to so my car is still in the shop.

Now after numerous phone calls to numerous people at USAA, they still have not extended my rental from Dec 24th and I have already been charged $660 dollars for my rental. Every time I speak with someone from USAA about it, they claim they can't get ahold of my shop, even though every time I call they answer, and that they received the supplement form and pictures of the car the shop sent over for the extension of my rental, but they still needed better pictures before they could extend my rental. Then they tried to blame me by saying that if I would of used one of their preferred shops I wouldn't be having this issue. How is that my fault? They didn't even mention these shops.

When I spoke to the first adjuster she just asked me which shop I wanted to send my car to. So I gave her the name of one the best shops in town with the best reviews. I had no idea they had preferred shops and when I mention this to one of the representatives, they said we can't coerce or guide you to use one of our shops. That is completely bogus. I am an active duty soldier and I have been a consumer of USAA for 10 years, with bank accounts and I used to have their car insurance a couple years ago.

Every insurance company I have dealt with or people I know have dealt with have never had this type of issue. If your car is still in the shop, they usually call them and verify and then extend the rental. But now I have to pay over $600 dollars for being rear ended at a stop light. I will never use USAA again for anything. I am closing my accounts today. They are a disgrace, and it sickens me that they are military affiliated. Stay away from USAA.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I’ve been a USAA member for over 30 years. I joined in the early ’80s when it was restricted to military officers. I’ve never had a claim or a traffic violation. I’ve never requested payment from USAA or filed a claim. I feared that service had deteriorated with the expansion to NCO’s and then the general military. My girlfriend had a small fender bender last summer. The service could not have been worse. I’ve sold expensive software in Silicon Valley for 25+ years. I’m very focused on providing outstanding customer service. USAA’s service in this situation was the worst imaginable. Their interactions with us were absolutely the worst. They did not care that I have been with them over 30 years with no claims. I estimate I’ve spent over $100k with them on insurance coverage: home, car, umbrella. I dropped all coverage with USAA because of this incident and switched to Mercury.

USAA could care less when I called and told them to drop all my insurance. They became very combative when I demanded a refund on outstanding balances and return of my savings account. I gather they’re now managed by military people with no commercial business experience. Simplistically pursuing a scorched earth approach to growing revenue. Disgusting. Luckily free market capitalism enables switching to competitors with far superior service and products.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

In 2015 a driver reversed into my car and fled the scene. Submitted a claim to USAA, provided license plate number, color, make and model of vehicle. Nothing. A few weeks later a person who was not affiliated with USAA, gave me the driver's name and address; submitted information to USAA. Claim settled in my favor. Sept 2018, contacted by USAA at 6:30 am in the morning. According to the representative my son was reportedly involved in a hit and run incident. My son took photos of his car, and drove it to a reputable body shop for them to take photos and assess the damage. My son denied the hit and run allegation.

Pre-existing dents, scratches, nicks on my son's car did NOT match the supposed hit and run damage to the other vehicle. Claim denied, submitted to arbitration. Arbitration hearing final decision December 2018. My son did not cause damage to the other driver's vehicle. Last week my son's vehicle hydroplaned and hit a curb. Claim reported to insurance. Repair settlement approx. $1000 more than the auto mechanic's original estimate. Go figure.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I paid my insurance through the USAA App. Keep in mind I am on Auto draft. I went in and paid before it was due. Needless to say I was charged through the bank overdraft fees 2 times. I called Usaa (BANK) TOLD THEM about the 25 fees they put the monies back into my account. I called the insurance department in USAA the person I spoke to said they can't take off the 25.00 return check fee. No check was returned. I asked to speak to a supervisor...I was told they are not available to talk.

In the other room lays my husband's mother deceased while nurses and police officers are with her. This Laylonie was her name on the other end of call was reckless and heartless!! How can I not get this taken care of because you are telling me I can't talk to someone else that can help. On a charge I shouldn't have had! I am going to inform all friends families and non friends how this will affect them. And to the military members don't use USAA. There's no customer service and Theft!!! Because that's what it is.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I would not use this company USAA for anything again. When you have a claim you have to think of how you are going to be treated. After all that is why you are buying the insurance in the first place. I had to get a attorney to sue them and we have to take them to court. They hire doctors that will say there is nothing wrong. So they will force you back to work when you are hurt so they don't have to pay me or my medical bills are adding up over $300.000.00 and my doctors tell me I am not employable again.

If you ask me I will tell you this company only believes in their profit line! Not their clients!! If you are looking for a good insurance company keep looking. Just not this company USAA! I was hit T boned, suffer TBI, Neck Surgery, Knee surgery, back injury. They are not paying my wage loss on time either. They make it hard on me when I am are trying to get better. Don't believe what see on TV. I am not a USAA member for life! Buyer beware!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

USAA is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. I have been with them for one year and am not renewing. Customer service representatives are not knowledgeable and can't answer all questions. I have been transferred as much as 3 times and still can't get an answer. Quite often I am hung up on. When I do get an answer in regards to my payments then I call to verify in a couple of days because I don't trust the person I talked to the new person gives me a different answer or transfers me to someone else. My monthly payments are always changing. I have dealt with many auto insurance companies, but USAA is the worst. Beware of this company, as no one seems to know what is going on. They still me $203.31 which they say I should receive within 10 days, I hope so because I am so tired of constantly calling them and spending 30 to 40 minutes on hold while they are checking with someone else and never do get anything resolved.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I recently applied for USAA services, and have received a denial letter, due to my discharge as not being “Honorable”. I can tell you that my discharge was honorable, and I cannot believe that their employees cannot read Basic English. I will not contact the Department of Defense, as instructed, since the wording clearly reads on my DD214 section 24. Character Of Service “Honorable”. Try getting a hold of a live body, forget it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Trying to share the experience we have had with everyone. This is the review posted by my husband: I have been a loyal customer of USAA for approximately 10 years now and have been overall pleased up until my wife and son's car accident a few weeks after his birth back in March 2018. Here it is January 2019 and I still have yet to get payment on what was deemed to be a total loss. There was even a point in the process that I had no idea where my vehicle was. It took nearly 7 months before it was deemed total loss and I am currently waiting to see if they received the second title because they lost the first one. Almost every time I call and wait the 15-30 min to speak to someone the phone miraculously hangs up.

The message center on the app is about the only communication I get but there are often days before I get a response. I had to purchase another vehicle months before even finding out the status because the rental was only covered for 30 days. That along with the remainder of the medical bills not covered by USAA has created a financial bind over the months. USAA seems to have no problem calling every 3 days to collect credit card payment but unwilling to pay me what I am owed for almost a year now. I have tried being civil and patient but enough is enough, I need results.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My car was totaled by a USAA driver will sitting in front of my apartment on 12/04/2018. The process was going pretty well until it got to the claims adjuster. She called about a settlement offer on 12/07/2018. I called on 12/11/2018 with mine and got no response. It is now 01/04/2019 and I have not received one call back text, letter or email from any of the 7 or 8 calls I have made. I just keep getting the same voice message every time I call and to call when I leave my name claim number and phone number. After reading all the other complaints against USAA this seems like their normal way of doing business, just hoping you will give up and go away. When your property has been lost by no fault of your own.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Since 2011 we have used USAA for our car, homeowners and renters insurance. Throughout those seven-plus years, we have never missed or been late on a single payment. For decades our credit score remained in the 750-770 range. However, over the course of the last several years, we encountered a significant financial setback. We sold our home, applied for jobs across the country, and worked night and day to get our own small business off the ground. Despite our best efforts, last year, in order to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table for our children, we were forced to skip credit card payments. Within a few short months, our credit score went from excellent to poor. Nonetheless, we managed to pay out rent, car payment and insurance on time, for which we were grateful.

Then, last month, without warning, USAA apparently ran a credit check. Noticing our credit score, they decided to more than double our rates, from $320 a month to $770. We are now paying $9,240 a year to insure two older vehicles, 2012 and 2009* (*which is paid off). As for our driving history, we had one accident in early 2016, for which we were found at fault. As you can imagine, for a family trying to get back on their feet financially, we were shocked at this increase. During one call with a USAA representative, we were encouraged to fill out an “Extraordinary Life Circumstances” form. For some unknown reason, we did not qualify.

We take full responsibility for our financial situation and have every intention of paying our credit card debt in full. What troubles me is the gouging that is taking place by USAA. This is not a service to members who have endured a rough patch in life. I am aware that there are multiple class action lawsuits in play, however, I have neither the time nor energy for lawsuits. What I will do however, is tell my story on as many platforms as I can in hopes that this company will re-evaluate their apparent disregard for struggling families.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My father & I became members because I wanted to invest 500k. I was sent packet from them but that’s about it. I have contacted them 3 diff times. First time a guy named Sam seemed preoccupied. 2nd time was told they would send packet & call on particular Friday but no call. I planned on switching 2 household ins policies & also 2 auto policies to USAA but want to feel comfortable. So far not even close...

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My total loss adjuster has never called me. Even though I’ve called her and requested callbacks. I’ve only spoken to Mary Jo in general claims (who is very nice). Today someone called me from USAA yelling at me that I didn’t release the total loss vehicle for her to pick up when no one instructed me to do that. Plus I have items in the car I need to retrieve. She didn’t ask anything. Just started saying what I didn’t do and as I’m trying to explain what I was instructed through the communication center she continued to overtalk me be rude and tell 'em she’s worked with you all for 12 years. You may want to revisit that; and on my birthday of all days. I asked to be contacted by a manager because I’m tired of the way things are handled in total loss. They need to do better and get better.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

USAA basically played the bait and switch on me. I was quoted a price to which I agreed upon. A month later I get a letter saying that USAA has increased my premium cost and would be helping themselves to my bank account for the difference. They did this two more times increasing my annual premium by over 300 dollars. When I called them on it they said it was from the home inspection. Well you increased the premium but the total coverage stayed the same. USAA should not be allowed to use veterans as their poster people. They are exploiting the veterans of this country!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Not sure what’s been happening with USAA but their customer service has been on the decline over the last several years. Running joke is how many USAA reps does it take to solve a problem or process a claim? I know, I’m still counting! This used to be an excellent, proud organization with almost instant resolution at the point of care, in one phone call typically. After 20 years with them, it has turned into every other bureaucratic institution with “customer service” reps of low skill level, and low critical thinking skills (if any) who read off the script (those with literacy skills that is). I have no issue with a script except when it doesn’t apply, lacks context and makes no sense to my issue at hand! I hope USAA leadership heeds this feedback and makes the necessary corrections to distinguish yourselves like you used to for members. You’re not the only gig in town and members will leave you for better care and treatment.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I had an accident involving a USAA member on 12-20-2017. As of 1-1-2019 the claim has not been settled. Accident was fault of USAA member according to report. First of all, you cannot speak to a claims agent. You have to use e-mail. They will not call you back. When they do respond by e-mail, they have no clue what you are talking about since you cannot talk to them. My vehicle repairs did not start for 7 months after accident. They did not call me, the repair facility did. I had no input on where repairs were made. After repairs were made, they would not pay a bill for repairs I had to have done so I could drive vehicle (radiator issue). E-mailed them many more times. Each time got an email and never a phone call. I finally sucked it up and decided I just needed to spread the word on how sorry and unconcerned they were. I respect all military personnel, but please don’t be swayed to use them due to their fancy advertising that they care about you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

This company is atrocious. USAA claims that it’s always there for its members. This is a tremendous lie. I was involved in a hit and run and USAA refused to have my back based on a technicality. I have been a loyal USAA member for several years and paying a fortune to this company over that amount of time. One would think that a company so “honorable” would honor its word to its members. I had several agents tell me my loss from this incident would be covered under my uninsured motorist coverage. However, based on a technicality that shouldn’t have been permitted in the first place, USAA chose to not honor its word and left me to fit a huge bill that I’ll be paying off for years to come.

This is by far the worst treatment I have ever received from a car insurance company. And I would STRONGLY advise all military and military family members to stay far, far away from USAA. Don’t let their marketing schemes trick you. This is not the first time the company has lied to me. Their agents are not trained appropriately and continuously spew out misinformation. They won’t have your back when you need them most just like they didn’t have my back when I needed them. It’s all one huge lie to attempt to take advantage of our service members. Please, don’t fall for it guys.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

On September 21, 2018 a red truck hit my car and drove off. I filed a claim with USAA. I was asked if there was a passenger and explained I did, but I did not have, nor could I retrieve his information because he was an Uber passenger & Uber would not give me his name or other information needed. The passenger could confirm I was intentionally hit as I did give chase for a short distance of about 1000 yards, but had to break off because of the passenger's safety. I was told by Uber to have the insurance agent send them an email request to acquire this information.

I contacted the agent Larry ** and gave him the email address to contact Uber for the information he needed. Sometimes later I receive a notice of premium increase with the reason for increase stating that I was "AT-FAULT, LOST CONTROL", I DID NOT LOSE CONTROL OF MY VEHICLE AT ANY TIME. This is a complete lie. I have not been contacted by him since. I'm now paying almost $200 per month.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

They have no problem accepting $$ but if you have a claim forget it. They use a third party then low ball the car then do not pay. Repeat paperwork that you have proof of receipt they received but lost so they resend. Delay... Two months can't get a MGR to call back cancelled INS. They do not take care of VETS as they claim. A joke of insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have been a member for several years now, used USAA for just about everything, checking, savings, rental insurance, auto insurance, and was looking to use their new car buying service, but that’s all getting canceled as soon as my claim is closed. My car was totaled at the fault of the other driver and going through a total loss claim with this company is insanely infuriating. They push you to use the app and “communication center” all the time. Well, there’s one problem, it’s missing communication. They ABSOLUTELY SUCK with communication, period. I’ve spent over 60 hours of my own time doing legwork for this claim, and quite honestly I don’t even know what the hell I pay them for because they are doing nothing but causing frustration.

You will get told something different by every single person you speak to either because lack of notes in the system or being transferred to a different department in a different location that doesn’t share the same notes every time. I was promised an extension on my rental car, because they took a full week to come inspect the car (which probably took 30 seconds because it was in a pile) and so I lost all of that time on the rental. Oh, and lastly, count how many times you’re told you’ll get a call back for something and don’t. Guaranteed it’s in the teens. Again, they’re great for their discounts and benefits, but if you get in an accident, you might as well quit your job to free up your schedule for 2-3 weeks.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have been with USAA since my car accident in 2011. The person that hit me had the insurance and I had a friend that also use this car insurance and told me that it was great. I used the insurance and loved it. They are very friendly and professional. Help you with any problems or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I wanted to make a change to auto coverage policy but I have been repeatedly told they cannot confirm my membership even though I have had multiple (home and auto) policies for over 3 yrs. I now know the names of EVERY person in their auto dept. after spending three days on the telephone and having their internet being absolutely useless. Here's the kicker... I received my semi annual bill from them today. They know who I am for the money but apparently don't know me when it comes to communication re the policies! The last thing I was told was that they would resolve my issues, but so far this has not happened so when my due date on all of my policies comes perhaps then when the money doesn't come in they will contact me. The word CANCEL will be used!!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

We filed a diminished value claim after $11,000.00 in damages to our new Subaru Outback and received a whopping $800.00 after being told our car had diminished in value of at least $4,000.00 by multiple appraisers. After contacting USAA multiple times no one returned phone calls, the typical delay tactic. Finally after getting a hold of someone in the appropriate department we were simply told the amount was nonnegotiable and there was nothing else they would do.

Our attorney has informed us otherwise and thanks to the way Miss ** talked to us we will be moving forward with litigation. This is our first and last experience with USAA. As a veteran I find the way this company markets itself to veterans and active duty to be sickening. Members of our military are honorable and try to do the right thing. It's too bad USAA will not follow those basic principles, a lot of heartache could be avoided. So be it, it may cost us every cent of the claim in court but it will cost USAA a lot more when I'm finished informing all of my fellow veterans and friends of the horrible treatment by USAA.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have had USAA for 15+ years and have filed less than 5 claims. In the past 6 months, two issues arose. I called USAA with questions (NOT CLAIMS) about these matters, and was treated with disdain. I received a flood of emails & numerous phone calls about my "CLAIMS." I called to ask why I was receiving these contacts and explained that I had filed no claims, I then received a notice about my "disputed claim." I know folks who are happy with USAA. These folks file many claims -- storm damage; auto dents, etc... USAA seems glad to throw checks their way. Maybe the secret to a good relationship with USAA is to file many, many claims and do so boldly whether there is a basis for the claim or not.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Spent two hours on the phone with USAA auto and USAA credit card trying to get $361.00 credited off my card for a cancelled auto policy back from October. I was transferred back and forth from the credit department to the insurance department because each department blamed the other department for the duplicate billing. So after two hours on the phone the insurance department acknowledged the error and transferred me to the credit department. The CC department could not do the credit and sent me back to the insurance department. I finally got to a senior executive that told me to hold on for just two minutes.

Twenty minutes later she came back on and told me that she would have to put in a “work order” but I would have to hold on again. I refused, and explained that I’ve been on the phone for two hours and asked for her to take my phone no down and call me back with a resolution. She told me that she could not make outside calls. I am so disappointed with a business falsely touting itself as military friendly. Do yourself a favor and never put your trust in USAA. Tell your friends and brothers and sisters in arms to make another choice.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been a USAA customer for 30 years. They have the best customer service around... by far. Recently my daughter had her first car accident. Everyone was (mostly) OK but her car and one other car were badly damaged. USAA was beyond incredible, providing support every step of the way and making a difficult situation much easier. Their coverage was equally fantastic. Rather than look for ways out, they did everything possible to cover everything they could. As a first year teacher who was just getting starting out on her own, USAA was there and incredibly helpful when needed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This review will be very helpful to those of you looking for auto insurance or if you currently have USAA auto insurance realize that you must switch. USAA raised my rates when my car turned 3 years old Stating it was no longer considered a new car!! No other reason. I was in an accident and other company accepted liability (person pulled out in front of me). I decided to process my claim USAA thinking they would represent my interests and deal with my repairs and the other company. USAA tried to force Napa Auto made suspension parts on my car, when the expert certified technician told them they should be OEM due to it being a safety issue. I have an Audio with Quattro that saved my life in that accident when I went up on my 2 left wheels and it never skidded an inch. I came back down on all 4 wheels and pulled over.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART!! Per the Texas Insurance Code that USAA sent me themselves as part of my claim, it states the following: "1952.301 - Limitation on parts, products, or repair persons or facilities prohibited (a) Except as provided by rules adopted by the commissioner, under an automobile insurance policy that is delivered, issued for delivery, or renewed in this state, an insurer may not directly or indirectly limit the insurer's coverage under a policy covering damage to a motor vehicle by: (1) specifying the brand, type, kind, age, vendor, supplier, or condition of parts or products

that may be used to repair the vehicle;"

USAA writes in their policies that any vehicle 2 years or older will not have OEM parts for repairs with no exceptions. They told me it was because that would be repairing my vehicle to a better condition than before the accident. I guess USAA cares more for profits than for Service Members Safety. Now to come full circle. They raised my rates because my car turned 3 years old to only tell me that they will put the cheapest parts on my car and under no circumstances put OEM parts because my car is not new anymore.

The story ends with me dropping my claim with USAA and working with the other insurance company who listened to the experts repairing my car and reason. Oh and by the way, the total difference in cost was only $800. Good job USAA losing yet another valued customer. RUN, RUN FAR AWAY. I have been with them for 30 years and have finally come to the realization that USAA's claim to want help service members is nothing more than a ad campaign slogan. I am changing my auto insurance and who I bank with. Yours Truly, A deeply Disappointed Persian Gulf War Veteran.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Just joined after hearing glowing review from a friend I called and set up auto Renter Insurance and honestly feel forced into opening the USAA bank account due to saving money and the salesperson bring this up ever other sentence very good scriptwriters working for this company. Well tonight I had not gotten my monthly payment and I needed the information. After going thru 6 people and 4 proving codes the last person said no one has security to help me so they just toss me from one person to another.

When I open the accounts I explained I was a truck driver and lived my truck since I drive over the road and single also my post office gave me their address as a physical address and my PO Box would be the apartment number. The salesman told there be no problem with this but tonight I was told I had to prove I lived there by giving them a bill, proof from a family member. Well I got a letter from USAA today and ask if there was a mobile number that could send a picture of their letter to me. I was told they would not accept that even though it came from them. Also I had to mail it or fax it. So tomorrow I getting rid of them and highly recommend people, veterans to stay away from this company. Sorry to say they are in some ways a bunch of scam artist profiting from Veterans and their families.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I am a disabled vet who served proudly. I was discharged under general but honorable conditions and USAA would not give me full coverage on my vehicle simply because my discharge did not say "honorable" ONLY. What a disgrace! This is the treatment we vets get from this country and especially from USAA. Whose whole mantra is serving our servicemen and vets. WHAT A DISGRACE! So what about the benefits for that I was suppose to be afforded and are denied simply because my discharge was general under honorable conditions. This company and its treatment of vets is a joke. USAA is a disgrace and hope people see this company for the trash that they are. Go to hell USAA!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

USAA is not what it used to be. Their customer support is terrible. Their use of electronics is terrible in their phone and support is even worse. I tried to file a formal complaint and they have no mechanisms for complaints at all. I went so far as to call the CEO and he refused to answer the phone. This is a CEO that has lost control of his company is obviously a coward not to speak to a people calling in. Until the customer support improves, their web support improves in their phone dialing improves I cannot recommend this company anymore.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My car was hit by a USAA Auto insurance customer. The USAA client's responsibility was not questioned. I was made to jump through hoops over months to receive compensation for the damages. There was also the question of the accident diminishing the resale value of my car. USAA offered 15% of what the damage was determined to be by a third party evaluation. USAA stopped returning e-mails and has become unresponsive. I will have to sue the USAA client to be compensated for my damages.

USAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded by former U.S. Army officers, USAA Auto Insurance is dedicated to providing affordable insurance and financial services to active duty, retired, and honorably discharged military personnel and their eligible family members.

• Accident forgiveness: USAA Auto Insurance policyholders can add accident forgiveness, so if they are in an accident, their premiums won't change.

• On-base parking discounts: Garaging vehicles on-base ensures vehicle safety, and, with USAA Auto Insurance, customers can get policy discounts for parking at work.

• Top customer service: USAA Auto Insurance received the highest possible rating for their customer advocacy, according to a survey hosted by Forrester Research Inc.

• All-in-one service: Members can use the USAA Auto Circle to locate, obtain financing and insure their new car. This process can help them save at every step of the way.

• No charge flexible payments: Many insurance companies charge policyholders a fee for monthly payment structures, but USAA Auto Insurance offers flexible payments at no charge.

• Best for: Active duty military, retired military and new drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky