USAA Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been with USAA for more than 40 years and have never had any of the problems above. Whether I was in Arizona, Georgia, Germany, Kansas or Utah, from a T-top that blew up, a 2 thefts, and a total, the company has always been on my side. I never had to wait for a rental, and they basically took care of everything at body shops, towing, and every other possible concern was made easy. All I can say is thank you, and I will continue be a lifelong customer. By the way, I've never left a review before. The complaints are so different from all my experiences, that I hardly know what to say.

My Range Rover got hit back in April 25, 2017 here in Hawaii (Camp Smith). It's Aug 2017 and my Range Rover still isn't fix yet. It took them three months before they decide to send my Range Rover to Oakland, CA to get fix. But they could had got it fix here on the Big Island. My vehicle had been ship on the 8 Jul 2017 and USAA just now picking my vehicle you to get it fix. But at the same time I still have to pay for a rental car for another month or two. So USAA do paid for claim that fast as one person that do. I'm still waiting on the Director of claim or someone that is over claim. PLEASE help me with this issues.

On June 28th of this year, my car got broken into and 2 high end purses and one wallet were stolen. I called the police then called to make a claim. The next day, a investigator came out, and from the time she walked into my home, she was very rude and passive, aggressively insinuating that I wasn't being honest about my things being stolen. I sent her photos of the items showing proof of ownership, I have receipts, and she even called my best friend who verified to her that I owned those items. She tried to call my husband and insinuate that I was lying, and he has severe PTSD and his memory isn't great at all, which has been discussed with her. She tried to threaten us with legal action because in a previous claim, another wallet was stolen, but it was a different brand, which is stated on the police report.

USAA failed to describe in the previous claim although it was clearly stated in the police report the color and brand of the wallet. USAA is trying to say that I am defrauding them by claiming this wallet from this last break in as the same one from the previous claim. I am waiting on my police dept to send me the copy of the previous police report and I have spoken to a lawyer who told me as soon as I get a denial letter from USAA to call them back so we can sit down and discuss legal action against them. Apparently they like to do this to their members when there are multiple claims on similar items. It's disgusting how they treat their long term members. I can't wait until I get that police report back, proving that the wallet from the previous claim is totally different from the one from the most recent break in.

Well on July 11, 2017 my husband and I were just riding down the road and the 18yr old girl pulled out on to the road we were traveling, hit us in the passenger side. She never hit the brakes, just pushed our truck til it was sideways in the road, we thought she was going to leave the scene of the accident but she pulled over on the side of the road. Well she admitted fault and received a ticket for failing to yield right of way, the officer said just take the accident report to our insurance agent the next day. Well we did that and oh my god we have been through Hell with USAA ever since.

I never talk to the same person if I can even get someone to talk to me. They give me extensions to call but always answering service, I have 10 to 12 people that I have talked with but never the same person. That's if I get mad and threaten to called South Carolina Insurance commission, we sent accident report. They said they didn't get it, I said, "My insurance agent fax it to y'all," then she said, "Let me check again," and guess what she FOUND IT WOW. We got estimates on the damage, fax them to them but I guess they weren't happy with that so we had to meet with an adjuster last Wed and she said they would be in touch with us within 24 to 48 hours. Nope didn't happen so I called Friday around 3pm (passed the 48hrs).

Well didn't get nothing but an answering machine again to leave a message. Well to is Monday August 07, 2017 around 2:30pm miss Mary Jane called and said, "We have totaled your 1996 Nissan pick-up truck, we're willing to give you 1,500 and you give us the truck and the title." I said, "I don't think so. You not getting my truck for $1,500," so she said, "We are willing to let you keep it with a salvage title and we'll give you $1,100." We said no but she said it's non negotiable, we bought this truck brand new in 1996. My husband has done lots of work to it, the estimates were $2,200 to fix it. Why do we not have the right to damages to our property, please don't do business with this company.

On July 9 2017 my daughter in law came home from work after picking up the kids from my house. She parked the car on the street near her apartment and went inside. Then someone rang her doorbell. By the time she got to the door the person was gone and she seen her car had been hit. Then the police came - the person that hit her car called the police. They made a police report. She said she hit the car (my daughter In laws car). The lady gave the police officer all of her information and the police officer gave her a ticket for hitting a parked car. After my daughter in law got the police report she called the USAA car insurance to get her car fixed. They said they were investigating it.

It has been almost a month now and still her car is not fixed. We cannot afford to buy a another car or get the car fixed. There is too much damage to the car. My daughter in law and son have been paying for rides to work. This is getting very expensive too. What are we supposed to do. USAA insurance I guess thinks it is OK for their policy holders to hit parked cars get tickets and not pay for damages. WE NEED THE CAR FIXED!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

I had a car accident and the driver of the other car is a member with USAA. It is being a month since the accident and they keep telling me that they cannot proceed with the fixing of my car. I call Connie ** every single day since the day of the accident and she simply does not answer her phone or get back to my phone calls. This adjuster is not even willing to do her job! She is always out of the office and/or never answers her phone. When is my car going to get fixed USAA?

Let’s start off with this my 2nd hail claim. Back in April 2017 there was a hail storm in Colorado, my 2014 Kia Soul got hit hard by the hail. I made the 2nd claim to USAA insurance for the hail. According to the first claim I'm in the 4k range and on the 2nd claim only 1k of damage! So I was confused I pulled the pdf files from both and did you know somehow the damaged improved from one another.

EXP: Front door damage. First claim 459$ 2nd claim front door damage 210$??? So today was the last straw after fighting with them in their own chat they have for weeks... I'm still fighting with them shocking right, After 4 months of fighting I got my car inspected by someone else. The damage was a lot higher than said to and now their excuse is I have to contact someone else. I'm tired of USAA, tired of wasting my time because you think you can screw me over. I don't need your insurance. I'm only a customer because I've been with you for 10 years but that doesn't matter to you, I can easily go with GEICO for way cheaper insurance.

I bought a used Mercedes in November 2016. I was rear-ended in December 2016. There was almost $10k in damages. I filed a diminished value claim and was offered $300 for the diminished value of my car. This was of course ludicrous. I was advised to get an appraisal. I spent $280 for an appraisal from a reputable company. The appraisal came in at $4500. I sent this to USAA who still refuses to give me any more than $300. I asked to speak to someone other than adjuster and they would not provide me anyone's number. They said no one else could speak to me.

USAA is probably the worst company that I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. On June the 19th a USAA member as they like to call them, hit my Expedition totaling it. A claim was made and it only took them a week to return any calls and get me into a rental car. They only called me two times since. They stopped paying for the rental car and now I am walking everywhere. Still no solution to my problem... What am I going to do for a car... They are unconcerned, uncaring. Their member caused the accident. However he drove away as mine was towed... PRAY that not you or a loved ones gets into an accident with a USAA member... They will screw you over.

My daughter was involved in a car accident which another driver failed to stop on 4/21/17. I contacted the insurance company immediately and the process was started. It was determined for the repair company that my vehicle be totaled. I was informed on 4/26/17 from USAA that since this accident wasn't our fault the deductible would be waived. They paid us the payoff amount minus the deductible, stating they needed report from police department. I have called several months to USAA insurance company telling me they are waiting for the police report. I have contacted the local police department and I have been told several times they released the report on the 27th of April.

On 7/17/17 I was informed according to USAA we were not at fault and the money would be released. After several minutes on hold I was told that we would have to wait for the police report and that they pay a company to get police reports. Here it is going on 4 months and USAA is informing me they still have no police report. I asked to speak with a supervisor to be told that someone with get back to me in 48 hours. USAA customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. To have to wait 4 months in today's modern technology is unspeakable.

I've gotten nothing but the run around over and over again from USAA who swears on helping VETS. I'm in the process of looking for another insurance company and hope I can separate myself from USAA ASAP. Just beyond frustrated on how this process has been handled. It shouldn't take over 4 months to close out an auto claim. From what I can read USAA customer service is not VERY GOOD, and Other's are having my same issues.

This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. They never return your calls or follow up. All they care about is their bottom line and want to payout as little as possible to repair your car. I would never trust the work of their preferred dealer. Their estimate did not even include all the damages that were done to my vehicle. Gerber Collision on Cleveland Ave. Columbus OH. I was under the assumption I had to get my car repaired by them. This is a very dishonest company and I hope I never have to deal with them again.

We had USAA as a young military couple because that is what everyone recommends. Our car was stolen one night from a parking lot. The rep asked us leading questions to try to get us to imply we had been involved in the theft (fraud) and then asked if we had left keys in the car (which I later learned while studying for my insurance license doesn't matter anyway). Long story short, after several calls making us feel like the criminals our car was paid for but our renewal bill came back with over double the premium and the only payment option being to pay the yearly premium in full. Needless to say we switched companies and have never considered going back. I have heard a lot of similar situations as an agent where USAA will find a way to blame policy holders of trying to commit fraud to deny claims and then canceling policies altogether.

I had been with USAA for 4 years. No tickets, no accidents and no claims. I miss make a payment online and they cancelled me for one day and started me with a new policy twice the amount I was paying before and during the 4 years I was with them my insurance premium went up every 6 mos. I'm retired military and I thought that USAA took care of the military personnel needs. It looks to me that they take care of their in need off the backs of the soldiers that have served their country. I would truly look into how things are being managed and operated with them after 4 years. I'm with an non-military affiliated ins that is much cheaper and more to cover for my hard earned money. I'm out.

I recently started shopping for insurance. I am currently with State Farm (wonderful company by the way) but wanted to explore my options. I insure five vehicles, a house, and a travel trailer. I called USAA and their prices are exorbitant! Almost twice as much as State Farm. I was hesitant to even consider USAA due to what I witnessed my parents go through when one of their insured caused a rear end collision. They (USAA) were extremely rude, fairly non-responsive, and treated my folks as though they had done something wrong. However, at the time, I thought they were just fighting for the best interests of their client. Well, after reading all of the reviews on this site, I would surmise they treat their own clients the same way. I am SO glad they were prohibitively expensive. Saved me from making the same mistake so many others have!

Well after having my policy at full replacement 2 years ago the Sneaky little shmucks downgraded the policy to 80% coverage on hail and at not replacement cost but depreciated value. Of course they didn't tell me second time this has happened. Then they're arguing about not replacing window windows for god's sake. We've been with this company for 30 years but totally disgusted with their service now... They're heartless. They should stick with autos insurance because they're no good at home owners' policies. 28000 in damages and they're paying 6000? Really. 30 years. Guess I'll talk to every military family I know to drop them.

USAA is extremely dishonest. I was in a car accident, in which it was clear that it was the other person's fault, since all the evidence and witnesses point to her. Her insurance company was USAA and when we called them all of the workers there were very rude and tried to put the blame on me for the accident. They haven't resolved the problem in a while, even though it was clearly her fault and USAA should be paying. They are very misleading, dishonest and disloyal and I would never recommend this insurance company to anyone.

I am writing this review because a USAA member hit my son's car and totaled it. They gave the lowest price possible for the Total Loss of his car (a couple of thousand below Kelly Blue Book). They would only allow 3 days for a rental and would not reimburse for my son getting to work using Uber. Allow would not allow anything extra for the inconvenience. Their member running in the back of my son's car because her cat scratched her. Her cat should have been restrained on the car. The absolute worse insurance company I have ever had to deal with. They keep their members rates so low because they are the WORST ever!!! Never want to deal with them ever again!

Please pray that one of their members do not hit you or total your car! The only good thing is my son did not get hurt. They probably would not even pay the medical bills! They suck in a big way!!! When someone ran into the back of my car, her insurance company offered me a little extra for my convenience. USAA get a total of 12 cars like the one that was totaled (could be from dealerships or private owners) and get an average. We all know that private owners sometimes sell their cars way below value just to get rid of it. Are you kidding me? What happened to kelly blue book value. We were definitely screwed in this and I am not one to try and sue since my son wasn't hurt. I thought this was a great insurance since it is used by the military, but the military deserves better than this!

I had a foul up at my bank and one of my auto drafts didn't go through so USAA didn't take out the following two payments either... I had to pay over 1000 to bring it current. I was reassured my payments would be auto drafted again. They never were and when I realized they weren't I called and had already been dropped. They wanted me to pay past due plus the next six months in advance due to me missing payments (that they assured me would be taken out) that total would have been $7200. Needless to say I'm with Geico now.

USAA is a lousy, dishonest, and garbage company. My wife and I had home and auto insurance with USAA for 34 years (we first purchased the insurance when I was in the Marine Corps). Eighteen months ago, we suffered our first liability loss when the water heater in our residential condo burst and caused water damage to the two units below us. Total damage was about $13,500. USAA never disputed that our homeowners' policy covered the water damage, but the adjusters kept looking for every excuse not to pay the claim. This forced my wife and me to pay for the repairs ourselves. It was only after my wife and I threatened to sue USAA did USAA's lawyers confirm that their adjusters were 100% wrong and my wife and I were 100% right. We were ultimately reimbursed by USAA, but it took a full year!

Also, during the first Iraq war in 1990-91, my Marine Corps reserve unit was activated. I had an existing life insurance policy with USAA for $100,000 and I asked the company if I could increase the limits to $200,000 to better protect my wife. USAA said no, that they were issuing no new life policies and freezing all existing life policies because of the pending war. What a great company. USAA promotes itself as the insurance company of military members, but it's a total lie. They don't give a damn about military members, just their bottom line. Fortunately, I was able to purchase a $200,000 life policy with Armed Forces Benefit Association just before I was deployed overseas. They had no problems issuing the policy. My advice to any military member would be to stay away from USAA. They are a company of thieves.

A USAA customer caused a rear end collision to a stopped car at a red light at night and was cited for failure to keep assured clear distance. The stopped car had working headlights and rear tail lights as well as the red light was red. USAA failed in over thirty day's to settle claim and has tried to place 20% responsibility on the driver of the stopped car. They also would not provide a replacement rental car.

After maybe 10 phone calls to inquire about status of claim we were told that they would only speak to us through emails. Every phone call had a different story. The 20% responsibility was that the driver that caused the crash said we did not have brake lights which a police officer cited the driver for. After the rear end collision that totaled the car. How a police officer can cite someone when he did not see the car before a rear end collision is beyond me. But three major insurance companies advised that brake lights are irrelevant in this situation and many cars sit at red lights without depressing the brake pedal. USAA is a lying and cheating company. I don't see how military organizations can support this lowlife company. The real killer is the car was only worth maybe $5,000.00. They really saved some big money on this one.

My wife was in an accident. The person that hit her ran a red light. The front of my wife's new RX350 had 18,000 dollars worth of damage. USAA Auto Insurance sent their representative to the body shop and three weeks later we picked up my wife's car. They took care of all the details of the repair and gave us great support to fix my wife's vehicle. They handled everything from the rental car and I did not have to give them 1000 dollars for my deductible. It was an excellent experience.

You simply cannot find better service and pricing; I have researched it. If you are fortunate enough to qualify for membership USAA is foremost your best choice; I have been with them for over 60 years!! Claim was years ago; action was courteous and fast with no problems.

USAA Auto Insurance is the best insurance company I have had. Their price is right and customer service is 100% awesome. It's very easy filing a claim. You call the claim department, send picture and police report, and what ever they need they take rest, check deposit in your account or go to their shop, and get car fix.

I have been a customer of USAA for more than ten (10) years and I would not ask for a better car insurance company. From their very caring people, to their quick service in every aspect needed from an insurance company. I have tried to find another insurance company that could be cheaper, due to my financial strain. I had found in each occasion that I already have the best insurance, in price and service. I have compared prices with other major companies. Their customer service is one of a kind and I know I didn't get lucky one time and got their best customer service person. Every time I have reach out to them I get a very kind and understandable voice on the other end.

I have been through several accidents and USAA has made the bad experience of been through an accident, a tolerable one. As soon as I called them, they were very caring and quickly set me up with several places to take my car for service and set me up with a rental car. Nobody wishes to go through the experiences of been through an accident; with USAA on my side, I feel everything is going to be OK.

They have been loyal to us. I had a period of illness and had 3 major auto claims within 2 years and I had no increase and no penalties. We enjoy even the little things, being addressed as "Cmdr. **." More than that we feel the mutual respect and loyalty. We have had no other auto insurance for 50 years. I am totally satisfied and we will remain for life.

If you are affiliated with the military, this should be your only option for insurance. USAA Auto Insurance is easy to conduct business with. One phone call and representative provided. They are helpful and consumer oriented. They have good pricing and unbiased customer service.

I am the daughter of a Marine Corps veteran. My father enrolled all his children in USAA telling us it is the best insurance co. and I agree from my experiences with them. Lucky to say haven't needed their services much, as far as accidents, yet the rates I pay are very low in comparison to other insurance companies. I plan to take out a renters policy soon and to also get financial advice for a 401K I have in a past employer. I have also always had great customer service with good and helpful advice! Filing a claim takes a simple phone call and interview. Received a call the next day with assessment. Would gladly recommend USAA to anyone who needs insurance!

I was lured in with great rates by combining home and auto. I have paid for renter’s insurance for years with no claims. Never had a ticket or accident in my life but I filed a burglary claim and they punished me, they raised even my auto rates. Never let the insurance company replace your stuff for you. They will rip you off. I left them.

When I was recently hit by a driver carrying USAA Auto Insurance I was optimistic that my experience would be okay since I had heard positive feedback about their customer service. Boy, was I wrong to assume any insurance company would act with morality! The estimate department misplaced my estimate from the preferred provider they insisted I use, then wouldn't accept it for a $60 disposal cost.

This went on for over a month and when I finally called the adjuster out on just trying to get past the claims window so they didn't have to pay she finally got the money into my account. Now that I have finally gotten at least some of the money I called Enterprise to set up a pick up and was told that I was given a $24 credit per day from Enterprise. I drive a luxury car and was told if I wanted to upgrade I was welcome to do so out of pocket! WHAT A RACKET. Your driver hits me, you hold the funds for over a month, and now I have to drive around in a 4 cylinder car until the shop fixes it.

USAA Auto Insurance has good customer service and they have rebates issued based on how claims were against payments. I called and made the claim for an accident with my vehicle. I was in the military at the time, overseas in France. They sent a representative to examine the damage, processed the claim quickly, assisted me in finding a repair shop and issued a check within days. All of their representatives are courteous, polite and knowledgeable. They respond quickly and are available when you need them. I have never had any problem with them processing a claim and their rates are more than competitive. Their website is always available and can help you with information about your account(s). I use USAA for credit cards, mortgages and investments. I have been totally satisfied with all of my dealings with this company.

Compare Auto Insurance