USAA Auto Insurance
  • 1 star
Based on 285 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

USAA Auto Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

1294 USAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

USAA has, and continues to be the most supportive company I have ever dealt with. Their representatives' knowledge, and ability to offer suggestions, whether it be investments, debt management, vehicle and property insurance, etc, etc, etc... has far exceeded my expectations. Until my relationship with USAA, I can honestly say that I have never been treated with the timely replies, respectful, and courteous employees for my inquiries. They do an amazing job!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I am a USAA customer. I just spent an hour and 20 minutes trying to get hold of a manager. The issues I needed to discuss are problems but at this point secondary. The headline here is that they would not put me in contact with a manager. After many dropped calls, after long waits and irresponsible voicemail trees that are especially painful if you have to endure multiple times and your issue is not cookie cutter. I finally got the answer that one will call me today or tomorrow. I will be leaving this company. In my opinion, they are just to hard to deal with. Taking care of vets was just advertising stuff and is certainly not my experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Been with them for years. But as of late their rates keep going up with no explanation for it. Even when I call, I just get told that’s what they're doing and that’s that. And we have auto, bank and homeowners insurance with them. Our home and auto constantly goes up even though we have never put a homeowners claim. Had to put a claim because my car was total when I got rear ended. And they screw me on the claim by not paying for the whole amount cover. So now I'm out of a car and still have to pay $2,380.00 out of pocket to the lien holder bank. Even though I have full coverage on the car I only had for 1 year. So we’re currently looking for a new bank, Home and car insurance company. They used to be good, but this days they're just a joke. Don’t waste your time or money with this thieves.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I was in a car accident with a drunk driver. I had my auto loan from USAA and had paid for total loss protection. Between USAA insurance and USAA Banking Auto Loans this could not have been a worse experience. The insurance didn't answer any questions. She never even returned a phone call until I talk to a supervisor. As far as banking they are so uncaring. I am not sure what I paid for total loss protection from the bank for as they are refusing to pay off the loan unless I make loan payments until they deem it approved. They are dragging their feet and in the meantime I am suffering. I have been with them for 37 years and have always in the past had great service, but the last few years service has gone downhill. It is sad that you can be a member for that long and have such bad treatment!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I applied for a refinance auto loan. Was approved and was offered a hardship deferment for 3 months. A month later they took out the money from my account. I asked what happened and they said, "It was a mistake and we are sorry for the inconvenience and we can not do anything about it." In other words, "It’s too bad we lied to you, suck it up???" I asked to speak to a supervisor. It was worthless. I will be looking to refinance with another company. That bad for business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I am a Single father of a 10 year old and we was waiting for the green light as I proceeded turning left on green a red Benz t bone me and when I contact USAA members and they are giving me the, "Oh we do not have the police report yet and we can’t take responsibility for the accident," even though they have a witness of the accident that USAA POLICY MEMBER RAN RED LIGHT 75 MPH. I AM TAKING LEGAL ACTION ONCE THIS IS RESOLVED. I HAVE MISS 2 DAYS GOING TO 3 DAYS.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have had the worst experience with my auto claim with USAA. They have not paid for my rental car which was over $800.00 and they have only paid for 90% of my auto repairs. The body shop had to fight them to get them to pay that much. I am at this point out over $1800.00 and I may have to eventually go to mediation to get this resolved. They are very uncaring and are bad about returning phone calls. I have even spoken to management and have not gotten any resolution.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I'm very satisfied with this company. I have three vehicles and my house insured with this company and only became aware I was eligible 15 years ago. I formerly was with Nationwide and State Farm. With USAA the rates aren't always changing and seem to be the lowest. The people are pleasant and helpful when you call even if something happens when traveling out of state. It's very easy to file a claim and claims are settled fast. It is easy to make payments and make claims over the phone and the service is always very good. Sometimes they send me a membership check. My last claim was for an accident where I was at fault but my view was obstructed by a passenger. The adjuster gave me good advice and was very helpful. I had questions because several insurance companies were involved. She was always available when I called or quickly returned my call.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was hit on the back while stopping for a school bus picking up kids, the person who hit me was a USAA member and he got a ticket and a court day. I was able to keep driving the truck after the accident. My truck was new from the dealer, had it for only six months. USAA send me to Caliber Collision. They told me the truck was repairable but USAA didn't want to pay the $14,000 estimate and declared it a Total Loss. USAA later called me. They will give me 15K for my truck. I told them I paid $ 25K for the Silverado Truck financed and send them the bill of sale, but basically told me, "Too bad. That's what the Appraiser thinks is the value of the vehicle." I told them that I will be with no vehicle and 10 grand on debt and walking!

I look into Black book car reports, the car dealer who sold me the truck and on average the fair value of the truck is 23K and many other websites with similar vehicles. After many, many unanswered calls, emails, faxes, voice messages to San Antonio TX. I was able to get $ 2,000 more for the appraisal of my truck up to 17.5 K. I told them that I have the right to get another estimate from another body shop so I can save my truck. Got an estimate for almost $5,000 less to repair it and the shop assure me the truck can be totally repaired and safe so I can keep it, after reviewing the new estimate USAA still say is a total loss.

I'm still driving the beat up truck out of necessity, it's my source of income. It's been almost 2 months. On top of it I have a $830 bill from Enterprise Rent a Car for a rental they refuse to pay (Enterprise already withdraw $530 from my CC). Enterprise have been trying to contact them but as their Springfield VA Manager Danita told me they won't answer back their calls so she called me to try to reach out to them with no help of course. Now I have to get a Lawyer to try to get back to normal after I was hit on the back. I really got kicked on the rear end by this horrible, bad company called USAA who portrays as such a nice caring military insurance company on their TV ads, nothing further from the truth.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I need Help!!! Please. Someone help me. I was t - boned and it was not my fault. The person who hit me left the scene of the accident and does not have insurance. Therefore I have no choice but to use my own insurance which is USAA. The problem is that my car should be considered a loss but USAA wants to pay $30,874 to fix it. My car was only 3 weeks old and only has 3 thousand miles. The value of the car is $52,800. It needs a new frame, so the entire engine will need to be removed in order to fix it.

They have not started to work on it, so the $30,874 is going to be more money later as they start to repair it. This makes no sense to me? The Car is bad bad shape and they are willing to fix it and pay up to $40 thousand to fix it but will not deem it a total loss. I can't fight them anymore, I have nothing left in me. I'm super stressed and tired of fighting to the point of not knowing what to do anymore. I am desperate which is why I'm putting my number out so someone can please help me. I'm hoping there is still honest and good people out there. My number is **. Please help.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

USAA is the only insurance company that didn't rip me off like the others would have. They accepted a 21 year good driving record from my last auto insurance company from Germany. They wanted me to pay $4,600 for 6 months. USAA had me at $690 for 6 months. That's with full coverage. Also with Home Owners Insurance included. The other guys could care less that I am a Vet. Pure greed!! Been with them for 3 years. Still accident free. No tickets and very responsible driver. Not one that uses his phone or text when I drive. Only idiots do that. They are the ones that cause accidents on the road.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I've had a few accidents over the years and each time I've called the very first thing they asked me was if I was ok and make sure I don't need medical assistance of any kind. That meant a lot to me. In one of my claims, the company asked me to send pictures of the damage, then sent someone to look at the vehicle and let me pick where I wanted to have it repaired. I got an estimate and received a check soon after. They also always find the cheapest options and any discounts possible while still making sure you are fully covered. They take the time to explain things and will talk it through with you and let you know all your options. They're are always nice, respectful, and courteous.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

After a head-on collision which totaled my car, USAA came through quickly with everything one would need to return to good health and compensation to replace my vehicle. USAA is top-notch that I wouldn't consider insuring elsewhere. Great coverage at a fair premium and outstanding customer service. Professional and Caring Service -- ALWAYS!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We have been USAA members for over 20 years. Recently we reported a claim after my car hatchback stopped working following Hurricane Irma. We did not have flooding in my area... Just think it was some rain that got in the system but we don't know since we have been waiting for an adjuster. After calling in the issue, we get a call from USAA stating our car is a total loss due to flooding??? We explained there was no flooding but they read a report to us that referenced standing water and all kinds of craziness. It was as if they made up a story and put it in our file. Well, we pushed back and was told that an adjuster would contact us to come out. After waiting over a month, we called back and was again told our car was a total loss, they thought. The same fictional story was in our file. Again, we pushed back and again we were told an adjuster would come out.

In the interim I checked our auto policy and my car wasn't listed. Called USAA and, guess what? The same fictional story was once again read to us. The person apologized, added the car back to our insurance and confirmed that an adjuster would be out in a few days. Today we call to get the adjuster's contact info and yet again, told that our car was deemed a total loss based on that darned fictional story and we would not have an adjuster out to look at it. Is it easier for them to make up damage than fix a car? My deductible will probably cover most of the repairs anyway! This is a nightmare! After over 20 years with them, the auto claims process is making us reconsider. Whoever is over the homeowner's policies needs to help them out in auto claims. Should I seek out an attorney for something that should be so simple?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

USAA is Garbage. Rob is a Manager, and his employee ID number is **. He actually barked at me. Oh hell no, I'm glad I was calling to confirm policy cancellation. USAA representatives lied to me a year ago and said I was completely done and had no further business with the company. Then I found some old mail, which claimed that they continued to cover me, therefore I owe them money. USAA is a waste of time/money/advertisement/patience, etc. I would never in good conscience pay a company for crappy customer service, when there are SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS! I simply cannot believe these people are too good to transfer you, like Rob did. Like, he actually refused to transfer me to someone else.

And I have never been able to fill out a survey after the calls (hmm, wonder why). Thank goodness for this CONSUMER AFFAIRS website, because I KNEW they must be doing this to everybody else on the phone too. Well, what else do you expect from a company that doesn't have a 24/7 customer service line, for ANY SERVICE AT ALL. I called at 230 pm on Wednesday 22Nov2017 and the woman verbatim told me that she would not transfer me to a manager, because she was getting ready to leave early for Thanksgiving. It was 230pm on Wednesday the day before the holiday. How is this an excuse to not take care of my issue...just how. Why did you even pick up the phone. USAA needs to go out of business.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Every time I talk to someone and am dissatisfied with their "customer service", I ask to speak with someone else. They give me the run-around, and say that I will have to wait 10 business days for a call-back. Huh?! And I called 22Nov, yesterday: this woman had the nerve to tell me that everybody was leaving early because of Thanksgiving...which is TOMORROW. I called at 230pm! Customer Service is a joke, and the Managers are absolute clowns. I am so glad I was calling to cancel (yet again, because they lied to me and didn't do it right the first time a year ago), because I honestly don't have the patience or good conscience to actually be paying for this crappy customer service. When I call I always press the button to complete a customer-service survey after the call, and I have never once gotten to do one (wow, I wonder why). USAA needs to go out of business. They don't even have a 24/7 customer service number...what a joke!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am tired of going through automated voicemails directing you to press multiple numbers only to get nowhere. Not so with USAA. The customer service is very responsive. PROMPT AND COURTEOUS SERVICE WITH FAIR & EQUITABLE OUTCOME.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I'm a USAA "member" and was in a auto accident (other driver's fault - he received a citation) with a driver with USAA auto insurance. After four days I was not contacted by USAA insurance. I contacted them and was treated as though I caused the accident. The person I spoke with said that no fault had been assigned. Really? I was there and the officer on the scene said that a ticket was given to the other driver. Waiting days for the insurance company to contact me is unacceptable but the USAA customer experience is really the unacceptable part of it!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We filed a claim for hail damage to our roof and an online claims process made it easy to track the status of our claim as well as provide requested documentation. USAA was also quick to respond and send an adjuster who made sure we understood the entire process and provided a prompt response to all of our questions. We have been a client of USAA for over thirty years and have been pleased throughout our relationship. USAA has always provided prompt and professional service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Great company and coverage. Fast, online claim and action was in less than 24 hrs. Top notch no-hassle service and performance. Also pays out quickly when needed. USAA should be the model for all others.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

USAA is great and their people are friendly and knowledgeable. Their hours of operation are fantastic too. Just takes a phone call and info given and handled.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My truck was t-boned by a USAA driver on a Monday on my way to work - I missed work that day. USAA agent left contact info in a voice mail and a message that they are accepting 100% liability that Thursday. I've called and left messages but no callback. I have nothing from them - no offer of a rental car - nothing while I wait. I have called twice today and no callback. What is the world coming to? This is just not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was in an accident almost a month ago with someone covered by USAA. I also have USAA, so I thought that might make the process easier. I was wrong. I have read a few people's reviews on here, and my story isn't as bad as others I have read, but I'm definitely on the same side as them. The other person involved in the accident pulled out in front of me while I was going 45-50 mph. I tried to slam on brakes and swerve around her, but there was nothing I could do and I slammed into her. My car was totaled. You could tell just by looking at it. So we had it towed and that night I called USAA. The other girl had filed her claim online, but had not spoken to anyone yet. So I gave my statement, was assigned my own claim's adjuster, Danielle, and was told that I would hear from her either the next day (Saturday) or Monday. Well, Monday and Tuesday came and went with no call.

On Wednesday, I decided to call her extension only to find she was not in the office until the next day. I assumed that meant no one had even looked at my claim. So I called back to the main line and found out I was correct. No one had contacted the other girl to get her statement saying she was liable and that I would not be able to get a rental or any bills covered until then. I was very upset, but tried to stay cool. The next day I finally got a call from Danielle saying the other person was liable and that they would be taking my car from the towing company that day and that I could go get my rental tonight. Well, the rental had to wait until the next morning, but that was fine. Four days later, I get a call from USAA asking if I would go and release my car from the towing company as they had been trying to get it for a while, but the company wouldn't give it to them. Now, this was my first accident, I had no idea how any of this worked.

So I was angry, talking about how I was told my car had been taken four days ago to determine if it was a total loss or not. I asked why no one had called me the first day to have me release my car? They had no reason to give me except a bunch of apologies. Finally I got it released and USAA waited until the next day to move it to their lot. Another four days later, I called them and finally got an answer (mind you, I had called Danielle's extension many times and never reached her) that my car was totaled, but that they still had to get the figures. The next day, I received a call saying they had the figures and that they would pay off my totaled car then, and they would send me the rest via direct deposit that day. All I had to do was sign some papers and email them back. Then they realized my car had been moved to another state in all this mess and they had to change the paperwork.

Now they had to mail me a copy, have me sign it and get it notarized before mailing it back. What they didn't mention (again, my first accident, so I'm not aware how any of this works) was that those papers had to be signed, sent back, and processed before I was sent the money for a new car. I did not find that part out until today. That was my final straw. I was told that they will not extend my rental (that has to go in in two days) and that the money will probably not be in my account until next week. So, even though I wasn't at fault and I had to go a week without a car to drive just after the accident, I will now have to go another week without a car. I was able to find rides to work the first week, but now I'll have to do that all over again.

And I also injured my knee in the accident. I have gone to a doctor and had x-rays. I'm very nervous now that I won't be getting anything from that either. I'm very much considering getting a lawyer at this point. I've only been with USAA for a few months, but after all of this is done, I will be moving back to GEICO. Their service wasn't the greatest or the cheapest, but at least they would get things done in a timely manner for us. USAA does NOT care for its customers at all.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Someone ran into the back of me on Halloween 2017 while I was sitting at a red light. The driver was on his cell phone and he stated that when he looked up he had no time to stop. When he hit me, I hit the person in front of me, causing the person in front of me to have minor damage. My car and the driver car was damage badly. He hit me so hard to the point where I could see everything up under the hood without popping the hood open... Of course my back bumper is messed up and the right passenger door will not open. I was driving my 2006 two door Honda Civic lx that my parents bought for me as a high school graduation present... C/o 2006. Everyone involved in the accident had a policy w/ USAA... What a coincidence.

I called them the next day to get a rental car but was told that I needed a police report to make sure that the other person was at fault because I didn't have collision insurance or rental on my policy... (Duh the car is too old for that). I had to pay for the police report & email it to them because they stated it would be quicker that way, however they said they that they would reimburse me. They got the police report that reported the other person was at fault but they said that they had to get in contact w/ the other person to get his side of the story. Though I was mad because I didn’t have a car to drive I decided to be patient...

I called them on the 2nd to see if they followed up w/ the other person but the person in charged of my claim did not update the system w/ the information from the police report. Mind you that I sent him the report while on the phone w/ him. They updated the system & said that they would have to contact the other driver before issuing a rental or deal w/ the car. So ok, I called back on the 6th to give them time, they said that they have not gotten in touch w/ the driver but I can rent a car & they will reimburse me once the claim is closed. Also they informed me that I need to get the car out of impound & move it to my house so that it would not continue to occur fees.

They said they would reimburse me but I didn’t have the money to do that plus I didn’t understand why they couldn’t because it wasn’t my fault. Today, 8 days later, I call them to follow up... (They have not reached out to me yet) I was told that they cannot help me until they talk w/ the other driver & that they will have to give him 30 days to respond before they do anything about it... I’m highly upset & confused. The person that caused the accident also has an active policy w/ USAA but they can’t do anything until they speak w/ the person.

I have a police report stating that he was at fault & he received two traffic tickets. Though I have to be without a car and my car most likely will be totaled because the amount of damage... I’m so frustrated... I’m a single parent & I have no transportation for us. It’s been hard for me to get my child back & forth to school & me to work. All because some idiot is afraid to answer the phone & this insurance w/ some STUPID ** policies. I’ve been dealing with this company for years & even dealt w/ the sudden policy increases the last few years. Ugh..??

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

This is the worst company I have dealt with. My truck was keyed and I called the police. Made a report and then called USAA. I told them what happened and what I knew. I received a call from this guy saying he is investigating my claim. He then said he was going to record and if that was ok. Sure nothing to hide. Long story short I received another call from claims saying that I did it because I had no explanation why paint would still be on the vehicle after I drove it to the body shop. Then he said the body shop must have done it.

But they are still taking my money for insurance on both my cars and house plus now I am receiving mail from them for my life and medical insurance that they want me to bring over. They told me to take my truck to their body shop. My wife and I drove to their shop and the place you couldnt get in so I took it to another shop and they denied everything. They can kiss my **. I never had a claim with them. Funny thing they never met me and I am 100% disabled.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My experience with USAA has been a nightmare since they claimed my car a total loss. Like many here they didn't have all the options listed on the first report and even had the settlement wrong because they? minus the deductible. After the report was sent I was told, "Sign this and the rental will only be covered for 7 more days." I told her fine because I would not be signing anything and that I would take the rental back because thankfully we have other vehicles to drive. When I called back have the next representative the options she came back with a better settlement but once I looked over that it's still things missing I have sent them that now waiting on a reply.

As with many here I think that USAA has acted in bad faith and is causing me unnecessary stress and anxiety that didn't have to be if they would just do their job the right way their first time. I have told the representative that I think they are doing as least as possible to save as much money as they can but I (we) still have to pay and if we don't be our own advocate then they will just continue to treat us as customers the same way. I don't know what other actions could cause this behavior to stop because I see the same pattern over and over in this thread besides suing. Like many I thought they would treat us as veterans better but in the last month going on two and after reading this thread I see that was a terrible assumption. That's why I up at 3 in the morning researching because I refuse to be mistreated.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I traveled from Vegas to Idaho and had a small trailer with personal belongings. I drove and stayed at two places to spend the night. Small instant tent and sleeping bag. On completion of trip in Idaho discovered trailer was entered and items missing. I filed complaint with USAA and filed police report. USAA adjusters treated me as a thief. Hired a bully outfit from Texas to investigate. That firm had complaints about harassing customers along with large sums of money USAA had to pay these people. I have been with USAA for several years and thought they valued military but I was wrong. The USAA people were rude did not return my calls and negative solution to my claim. I feel all this for not having receipts and their desire to not pay the claim that other insurance said they would have paid this claim with no problem. I am changing to an honest insurance company and hope you are not their next victim.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I initially filed a BBB Complaint alleging that I was denied an account when they stated that I committed so-called fraud. And it is completely false. I attempted to open an account in 2011. And they blocked me for no reason. SO I worked with Laura ** and Julian at USAA CEO's office. And they had me to fax in all of this documentation. A copy of my Social Security Card, my Driver's License, a copy of my father's military records. And so many other documents. And then Laura called and claimed that my account was unlocked and I could get the checking and savings accounts. Until my father sent in a copy of his Social Security Card.

I called back and spoke with another Rep and she told me that the fraud department reversed the decision and did not want to open my account. And I was told by the CEO's office that everything was good by Laura. I'm highly upset. And this is very unprofessional. And I will continue to dispute this until I get my account opened as I was promised. After I submitted all the documentation. There is no reason that they have banned my account. And I will continue to go up the ladder. Because this is not right.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

A couple weeks ago I was T-Boned by a USAA-insured driver, who was at fault. In an attempt to file a claim with USAA, I spoke with a representative named Chris. I explained the situation to the best of my ability and remained on hold until a statement was obtained from the other party. In returning to my call, the representative indicated that the other party's story differed from the one I presented (as is to be expected from someone who does not wish to claim responsibility). I then further explained my view only to be deemed a "liar," and that, my version, as described, would be "impossible." Needless to say, the representative abruptly ended our conversation and expressed minimal desire to understand the reality of the situation.

I am surprised that USAA, a company that should be expected to uphold decent values and seek justice, would employ individuals that exhibit such crass and dismissive behavior. I understand wanting to take the side of your client, but to outright accuse an individual of lying is insulting and just plain unacceptable. I hope that I will never need to deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been with USAA for almost 25 years. Growing up this was the only insurance company my family used (my father joined when it was open to Officer only members). When I married (an active duty member) we both opened our own accounts with USAA and were very happy for years with the service provided. Customer service was always exceptional! Over the last 6 years there has been a decline in the service that is provided. Rude representatives and poor communication between the departments (homeowner’s insurance, flood insurance, mortgage, auto, etc.) makes it horribly frustrating to get questions answered or just get the product correct.

Correcting auto insurance was a 5 month issue and trying to get the sale of a home recorded and reported to the correct parties took almost a year. I stayed at a hotel in San Antonio, TX a couple of years ago and while having breakfast I sat and listened to customer service representative trainees complain about their job and the training. I was sad that I would possibly have to deal with these unhappy rude people at some point. I continue to shop insurance (local level) looking for the personal attention USAA once provided.

USAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded by former U.S. Army officers, USAA Auto Insurance is dedicated to providing affordable insurance and financial services to active duty, retired, and honorably discharged military personnel and their eligible family members.

• Accident forgiveness: USAA Auto Insurance policyholders can add accident forgiveness, so if they are in an accident, their premiums won't change.

• On-base parking discounts: Garaging vehicles on-base ensures vehicle safety, and, with USAA Auto Insurance, customers can get policy discounts for parking at work.

• Top customer service: USAA Auto Insurance received the highest possible rating for their customer advocacy, according to a survey hosted by Forrester Research Inc.

• All-in-one service: Members can use the USAA Auto Circle to locate, obtain financing and insure their new car. This process can help them save at every step of the way.

• No charge flexible payments: Many insurance companies charge policyholders a fee for monthly payment structures, but USAA Auto Insurance offers flexible payments at no charge.

• Best for: Active duty military, retired military and new drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky