Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
USAA Auto Insurance
1.49/5

USAA Auto Insurance

USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military and their families. USAA doesn't currently participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you're a member of the U.S. military in need of insurance, contact InsuraMatch today to see multiple offers that could work for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

USAA offers auto coverage to all active and retired military personnel and their immediate family members. It enjoys mostly positive reviews from clients because of its excellent customer service and online experience ratings. Products include coverages and discounts for drivers, their cars and their passengers.

PROS

• Affordable rates for USAA members
  • Stored-vehicle discount for military personnel
  • Superior financial strength and claims servicing
  • Online tools for policy management, roadside assistance and claims requests

CONS

• Some discounts not available in some states
  • Products open to USAA members and their immediate families only

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1744 USAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have had USAA auto insurance since 1991. I have had 3 auto claims in that time. Once some hit the side of my car while illegally passing, once an uninsured driver hit my parked car in a bank parking lot and lastly for hail damage. All three times the claim process was simple and smooth. I was concerned when they paid out the uninsured driver claim for repair before receiving any payment from him as I didn’t want my rates to go up but there was no deductible for me to pay and the rates stayed the same. I have also used the windshield repair claim twice without a problem or deductible.

I have had 6 teenagers on my policy and they have all been accident free (thankfully!) and while teenager rates are painful, they have always been competitive with other companies. Once they head to college and are 19 (due to Nebraska age of majority and my umbrella policy) they go to their own policy as it is cheaper for them when only insuring one vehicle parked at college instead of being covered on the 5-6 vehicles parked at the house. On another note I have homeowners with them as well, and they paid for repair of storm damage that was almost 20K without problem, allowed us to do some of the work ourselves which basically paid for the deductible. The check was written to the mortgage company who just had to do a brief inspection before releasing the funds to the contractor who did the majority of repairs.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have insurance through State Farm but my wife was rear-ended by a driver with USAA Auto Insurance. I was very impressed with how quickly and thorough the process went. She and the kids were on their way to Grandma's (out of state) when the accident happened. USAA had a local body shop repair the vehicle and it was completed and back on the road within one week. We called our State Farm agent who made some calls and helped with the process. I have read so many negative reviews about insurance companies and claims.

Almost all of the reviews I have read never indicate contacting their own agent to help with the process. I think too many people get quotes from online insurance companies and don't think about how helpful a local agent can be when needed. I will always buy insurance from a local office even if it means paying a little more. I will say, I am very impressed with USAA Insurance and would recommend them to anyone who qualifies for coverage.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My dealings with USAA have been quite decent over the last year that I have used them, as my folks have used them for many years. I've used their insurance and auto warranties so far and I've been happy as they've had great customer support in being helpful to better understand services and such. I also use their credit services and I've been please for the most part with it so far; there has been an issue I've recently with a merchant that sent a defective product and USAA has been very helpful in going through this ordeal to the best they can. The only other issue I can think of is that the login/verification can be difficult at times as each time you do it, they either want to call, text, or email you a verification code. This can be useful if you like good security, but it can also be seen as annoying. Overall I am quite please as being able to be a member of USAA and will continue to use them for my needs in the future!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I know most people complain about insurance as oppose to praise because they are usually going through some sort of tragedy. Every experience, every phone call and transaction with USAA has been great. From getting help on policy changes to taking care of accidents when they occur, USAA has responded quickly and efficiently. Talking on the phone with anyone there is like talking to a favorite aunt or uncle. They must train them in "caring" because that's how you feel when you get off the phone.

When I crashed my car, I was picked up by a shuttle from the car repair place. During a conversation with the driver, he said that USAA is the absolute best to work with, hands down. That they never try to negotiate and always pay quickly. As the consumer, we don't often think about the repairer's side. The driver also happened to be a regional manager who just happened to be helping out the normal driver. I highly recommend them. And please, they do have policies that are set in place to protect us, but there also are standard policies they have to function by (all insurances do) so easy on the negativity folks!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I joined USAA as a young Soldier in 1997 and have used them ever since. Despite a limited number of local branches, the customer service you receive over the phone is first rate. I have had a bank account, multiple homeowners policies, rental policies, and an asset management account with USAA and I have never been disappointing. They have covered three automobile accidents seamlessly and without penalty. They covered roof damage on my home quickly and without hassle. They have never kept me waiting on the line for more than a minute or two, and the folks I have dealt with have always been friendly and fair.

I recently retired from the US Army and became a contractor in Northern VA specializing in residential water loss restoration. As a contractor, I deal with insurance claims on a consistent basis. After dealing with multiple claims, with multiple insurance companies, I can definitely say that USAA takes care of their clients far above and beyond any provider out there. If you are eligible to join I would highly recommend USAA. They have fair prices and, more importantly, they have your back in a crisis.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: June 21, 2019

I am a disabled Veteran. On June 20 I attempt to speak to USAA customer service and they did not have the capability to access my insurance information. The automated system continued to ask me for a PIN number which I NEVER HAD AT ANYTIME! I was attempting to add a vehicle to my policy. They would not allow me access to a super or manager. I feel very abused and frustrated by USAA which is supposed to be here for military and veterans! I served my country honorably. I pay USAA out of my Veterans check every month. At this time I’m still at the car dealership and cannot add the car to my policy.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My daughter was hit by a young man who is covered by USAA auto insurance while she was parked. I was happy that the person responsible had coverage from a large, well-known company... Boy, was I wrong to be happy about USAA. That week I called to file a claim with USAA, and never thought twice about having my daughter provide a statement. My daughter gave an excellent, truthful statement. The next day I was called by an adjuster who stated that my daughter was 20% at fault because she was in the vehicle (preparing to leave, but the car was still parked), and she had not honked...What? When I stated that no reasonable person would have expected her to honk in that situation the adjuster, Debbie, said "You are entitled to your opinion." Nice...

In the confirmation letter they went up to cover 90% of the damages, but when I tried to call to dispute the resolution mysteriously Debbie never answered her phone again. UGH. I have had to deal with other car insurance companies, but never with people as robotic and unresponsive as USAA. As the damages are minimal I am taking the 90%, but if you have claim against USAA I highly recommend getting a lawyer. You do not want to deal with them unrepresented.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I’ve been with USAA for 24 years. (Now I’m wondering why.) They claim to SERVE the military and its veterans. "Prey upon" may be better terminology. The military in general is a pretty safe environment in which to do business because most people have honesty and integrity in this community. So USAA has settled in on that environment claiming to serve them. I have only had small claims with them over the years and on little things they normally covered it, nothing stellar, just the minimum. However, in a recent minor claim I felt VERY DECEIVED. A mouse chewed some wires in my car. I brought it to a dealer who assessed the situation and said it would cost $840 to repair the damage (minus my $50 comprehensive deductible = $790). USAA totaled the car!

USAA valued the car at $3034.20, ignored the mechanic's advice, and came up with their own imaginary repairs and numbers of $2332.85 to replace the entire wire harness. When I confronted the total loss rep and asked who makes the determination of what deems a car a total loss? She stated, "the mechanic. I went back to the mechanic with this quote and USAA's determination of work. He said that he did not know where they came up with that information and showed me what he had sent them, (a repair for $840). I have been trying to contact the rep for almost a week left 6 messages… crickets....

I contacted another rep on the general call in line and was told when they make their determination. That's it. This is the second vehicle of mine USAA has totaled needlessly. The other one was for paint. I got a salvage title on that one, gave a guy $400 to fix the paint and 5 years later its still on the road. But it is worthless, I can't sell it or carry collision coverage on it. When you can't deal with someone face to face it's easy to be deceived.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We have had multiple autos and homes insured for over 30+ years with never a missed payment or late payment. We were hit by another USAA member 72 days ago and the police report states that the other vehicle made an illegal turn. USAA states that it is not our fault but they are still trying to charge the deductible to us. They have refused rental reimbursement that we paid extra for years. Our auto remains unfixed because USAA never came out to view our auto and their estimate for repair was much higher than the 3 repair shops we obtained estimates from.

Also their valuation of our car was much lower due to the wrong information entered on the current state our car and options combined with the comparisons they used. Their valuation of our BMW is $2000+ LESS than any current for sale with the same features and condition. The customer service representatives are to the point of harassing and badgering us to make us settle as a total loss. We have been told false information regarding the total loss threshold.... which has changed three times when we confront them! I would have recommended this insurance to anyone until this accident. Now I would advise anyone to find another company because this company will only cause you money and grief when you need them most.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had USAA for years...20 plus. It had been affordable and they were easy to work with UNTIL my teen was in an accident that was her fault. They treated us poorly and didn't care how long we had been customers. They dropped us and tried charging us a higher rate until the policy cancelled out. And on top of that, didn't cover the total loss!!!! I am disgusted that longevity doesn't matter to USAA. Shame on USAA!

Original review: June 12, 2019

A USAA client ran a red light and hit my truck. After months of USAA refusing to even take my statement or accept the police report or communicate at all, they finally contacted me to confirm that they would not accept liability and refused to pay for my repairs. They are so crooked!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I wish I could give this company negative stars. For me they have been a nightmare. Recently, my fully insured 2010 Mercedes Benz c300 started smoking and then burst into flames. In determining to offer me 5300 for my car USAA sent me 3 comps, 2 of which were from the same place. While USAA had me on hold I called the place, CarSpot Inc., with the 2 two supposedly Mercedes Benzes in the 5300 comp range. I was told that there were NO Mercedes on their lot for less than 10,000. That in fact the only 2010 Mercedes Benz c300 WAS 10,000 and is the very same one on my comp sheet.

The adjuster continued to stick with the comp sheet lie and refused to budge on the low ball offer. Please don't lie to a researcher. And though there were many places much closer to me with more realistic comps. The USAA adjuster tried to convince me that the chosen lots in Philadelphia were closer to me than any place in NJ...I live in NJ. OUTRAGEOUS AND STRESSFUL. BE HONEST AND TRUTHFUL. It's not gonna hurt. DO NOT USE THEM FOR YOUR INSURANCE CO. MOVE ON... I hear Geico is fair.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I’ve had USAA Car Insurance for years and it has been disappointing and upsetting to notice that each time I’ve had an accident, USAA does NOT communicate with the insurance of the other party who was involved in the accident. The first accident, the other party simply took off although I was able to take the car’s license number which was submitted to USAA. The other party was never pursued and USAA flatly decided I was at fault. The 2nd accident, it was the the other party’s insurance that communicated with me because USAA never bothered to call the other party’s insurance. And a few months ago, our van was rear-ended and USAA just again simply declared it as a total loss and the the other party’s insurance found out from me when they called to let us know that we could bring our van to a repair shop for repairs. I think USAA’s Auto Insurance Division needs employees that actually do their jobs.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We were in an accident with one of your customers on 5/29/19. We contacted you on 5/30/19 and got a claim number and were told an adjuster would contact us for more info and to get our vehicle fixed. It is now one week since the accident and we have not received a call from the adjuster. My wife called to find out the adjuster is on vacation for another 3 days, the voicemail tells you to hit 2 if you would like help from another adjuster but all it does is disconnects you. Why were we given an adjuster that is on vacation? Our door is bent enough that when it rains tonight we will get water in our vehicle!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I am the Executor for an 88 year old Korean War veteran who died in the VA hospital in Little Rock AR. USAA stole 50.89 out of this dead veteran's Bank of America credit card. This is immoral, illegal, and disgusting. They knew he died on 4-30-19 on 5-23-19 and stole money out this external credit card on 6-4-19. Survivor Relations Department aka Survivor Persecution Department said, "Oops. This is Denine, Efran **, and Tim - ooh that awful Tim!" I wish this company no good.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I’ve been a USAA member for 38 years. The company has gotten “too big to fail” resulting in a complete breakdown in customer service. My entire family is dropping them over the fiasco they put me through with their contracted windshield replacement contract with Safelite. Nearly a month of lies about getting my 2017 CRV windshield replaced with original Honda glass. In this case they would rather lose 3 lifetime member accounts than pay out $300 for the OEM glass I was promised. Goodbye USAA! You’ve lost your way and don’t deserve to serve American Servicemembers and their families. Your bogus TV commercials are not fooling us!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I insured my vehicle with USAA for over 3 years believing they were providing an honest rate. After exploring other options I found coverage that was equal to if not a little better for about $100 less a month. Absurd that they prey on Veterans. Shame on you USAA.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I'm 36 and filed a claim for the first time with USAA after having them for 15 years. They took over a month to complete an INSPECTION! I had to pay for repairs out of my own pocket in the amount of 4400. I was at fault for hitting a pothole in the road and it did damage to my powertrain and they absolutely refused to help me. NEVER again. I got another carrier who is a big name company, pay more but I know I'll be covered by a company with a great reputation. STAY away from USAA. It's not worth the savings.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My dealings with USAA over the past month have been one problem after another. If I could give USAA zero stars, I would. On April 29, 2019, my car (which was parked on a street) was hit by a man insured by USAA, with damage done to the rear bumper and tail light. I was not in my car at the time it was hit, and the liability was 100% the other driver’s fault. As instructed by USAA, on 5/01/19 I took my car to a USAA approved body shop to get an estimate, which was $2084.01. USAA immediately deposited this amount into my bank account, which is the only positive thing that I can say about them. On 5/06/19, I took my car to my mechanic to havethe repairs done. When he took the bumper off, he discovered more damage that had been done underneath the bumper.

My mechanic called USAA the same day to report the additional damage. It took 2 days for the USAA adjuster to come out. And then it took a WEEK to get the adjusted estimate, which was an additional $2805.44. The adjusted estimate was not sent to my mechanic until 5/15/19, NINE days after my mechanic called USAA to tell them about the additional damage. My car was sitting at the shop for NINE days, just waiting on the paperwork from USAA so that the repairs could be started!!! USAA was supposed to send my mechanic a check for the additional cost of the repairs. On 5/24/19 my mechanic called to tell me that my car would be finished on 5/29/19 and that he had not received any payment from USAA for the additional cost of repairs. I called and spoke with a USAA representative, who told me that they had mailed the check on 5/14/19. However, they sent it to the wrong address!

The representative told me that they would void the first check and issue a new check once the void was completed. He said that since this was the Friday before Memorial Day weekend, the new check probably wouldn’t be mailed until the following Tuesday, 5/28/19—one day before my car would be ready for pick up. Since I live in the Chicago area, I asked where the check would be mailed from, and he told me San Antonio, TX. There is no way that the U.S. mail can get from San Antonio to Chicago in one day! My mechanic will not release a car without full payment and requested that USAA send a check overnight to him since they made the mistake in sending the first check to the wrong address. USAA refused to send the new check overnight.

Today is 5/29/19. I got a call this morning from my mechanic. My car is finished. USAA mailed the check from San Antonio yesterday. Who knows how long it will take for it to actually reach my mechanic and whether or not they mailed it to the correct address?!! USAA called my mechanic and asked if he would accept an EMAIL as proof of payment! He told me that he can’t deposit an email in the bank. Given USAA’s track record, I wouldn’t accept an email as proof of payment from them either. Another very frustrating aspect of all of this is that there is no one person who is handling my claim. Every time I have called USAA, I have talked with a DIFFERENT representative, so I have to repeat the entire story over and over again.

I have told each person how frustrating it has been to deal with USAA, and the response has always been, “Can I help you with anything else?” They haven’t helped me with anything!!! Today I asked to talk with a manager, someone who actually has some responsibility in the company. The representative said that she will have the manager call me. I’m waiting….as usual with USAA.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My mother has been a USAA home, life and auto customer since 1953. My father was a WWII veteran and career military officer in the USAF. He passed away in 1997. In November 2018 a pipe burst in my mother's home. A plumber made an emergency repair, but the damage to the home's wood floors was extensive. It appears the pipe had been leaking for a long period of time. It is now the end of May 2019 and the repairs still haven't been completed. Yes, that’s seven months later! USAA is getting close, but it has been a frustrating challenge working with USAA, its representatives and its contractors. The quality of the workmanship was substandard and unacceptable. They had to redo the floors.

If it weren't for my brother, who lives in the same town as my mom and me, who lives 8 hours away by car, I do not have confidence that USAA or its representatives would have done anything. A total lack of communication, commitment or ownership by USAA to get the repairs completed in a timely and professional manner. The disruption, stress and confusion this situation has created, for all of us, but especially on my 88-year-old frail mother. Again, without the active pursuit of this issue by my brother and me I doubt USAA would have processed the claim. Plus, the contractors they used overcharged for their work and the outcomes were not acceptable. I have filed a complaint with USAA and the California Department of Insurance about this situation.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I left a great auto insurance company for an entire company of people who are NOT helpful, incompetent and tell you what you want to hear to quickly turn over the call. They never give any straight information upfront and tell you to check your statement when it's available to get exact dollar amounts. They charged me for 2 months of insurance on a car I no longer owned then got me in a financial issue with the MVA, giving me incorrect advice, then explained they're not responsible for any misguided information. They cost me over $300 of extra charges on a car I dont have and just got off another awful phone call for the 5th time in 2 months. Tom continues to lie to me that next month the additional charges will be removed. I recorded him and this is not true. They will tell you what you need to hear and get off the phone. Happy Memorial Day. Thank you for your service, I hope no other veterans are treated this way.

Original review: May 26, 2019

It took almost a month for my auto claim to resolve. I was hit by another driver (he had Allstate) and immediately called USAA. They initially looked like they would take care of me, and even called me back within a few days of the accident. My claims representative told me to contact Allstate to give a statement. I did just that and assumed USAA would handle the rest. Boy was I wrong. Called back several times over the next few weeks and received the same response: "We are still waiting for the other driver to make his statement." Seriously? If he hasn't responded in almost a month that's the same as admitting guilt in my opinion.

Finally, I decided to call USAA again with the intent to voice my dismay if they didn't have a proper resolution. The lady put me on hold while she contacted an Allstate representative. After about fifteen minutes she returned to finally tell me Allstate was taking full responsibility for the accident. I was so relieved. So even though USAA finally resolved my claim it took way too much time and effort on my part. They really need to work on communicating better with their clients. A person shouldn't have to wait so long to get their vehicle repaired.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have had auto insurance with USAA since 1995 (originally under my late husband's name and then in my own after he passed). I just had my first accident on May 8th, 2019. My 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen was totaled. It is now the 24th and my claim is still not settled. I am unable to purchase a replacement vehicle until it is. They did not even send the document package and instructions for me to release title until the 20th. They stopped paying my rental on the 22nd.

I have spoken to no less than 7 of their people in various departments today -- bounced around and blown off. All they want to do is talk down to me and explain their "process." I know their "process" better than they do at this point. The last person I spoke to, named Julie, again went into an explanation (I don't want an excuse, just a resolution) and told me she would "request" a 4-day extension on my rental from her manager when she returned from lunch. I don't care about a "request," and certainly don't care about the manager being out to lunch. Julie did not call to tell me that anything had actually been done to resolve my issue. AND, she took umbrage when I told her how I was feeling about the matter.

She was INTENT on explaining USAA's process, and continued to do so even after I told her that I had already been apprised of the process several times, and the delays are from their end, not mine! This is not customer service. USAA used to have excellent customer service. Now, it's all about them, not us. Very sad. I hope I never have to deal with their auto claims department again. It's too upsetting.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been a member for several years. I have a good driving record but made two claims in the past 4 years. Once I was hit by a car while parked at the store. Another was for a broken windshield from a fallen tree branch. My rates have gone way up, I probably should have fixed the car without making a claim. What good is it to have insurance? My issue today is that USAA will not allow me to use their online services due to a bankruptcy over 12 years ago. I cannot even send them an email and must spend literally hours on the phone with poor customer service. I will cancel my policy as soon as I can get a policy with someone else!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I was in a car accident - and the other party was at fault/received a ticket. USAA told me that some of the damages to my car were not caused in the accident despite it being a brand new car. I called USAA daily for resolution - and when they wouldn’t call me back - I called my lawyer. There was over $12000 worth of damage to my car and I had my 6 week old baby in the accident - but the real trauma was having to deal with USAA. My lawyer ended up resolving the issue by having the other party’s insurance write me a check for the value of my car decreasing. I used that money to fix my car. USAA was completely worthless and downright rude. I used to pray to not be in a car accident for obvious reasons. Now I pray that I never have to deal with USAA.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have been with USAA for more than 10 years now. My vehicle was hit by another car while parked so obviously I Had no control of avoiding the incident but knowing full well I was not even at fault, still have to pay deductible and on top of that they won’t cover my rental. They only cover a portion! I have a SUV and I will be dropping it to the shop and will be there for about 3 days. I requested to have a rental that’s at least an SUV or something bigger than a compact car but USAA was quick to decline! For more than 10 years where has all my payments went? I’m basically paying them for nothing. In some areas they are okay but when it comes to this they are useless. The person on the phone did not even try to inquire if there is any way to solve my issue! Very disappointed.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I was at a red light. Their client while working out of her car decided to jump lanes and hit me. I took my car for an estimate a week later waiting on a call from body shop which I didn't get. Got estimate - decided to have my fender replaced by my son. A week after receiving check I call back because I went on a trip and my tire went bad. I call them back - they take info down and were suppose to call me back 2 days. A week later I call back because no call made to me. They treated me like a criminal, like I was to blame, like I accusing me of hiding damage because I chose not to get a fender replaced by a body shop. Absolutely ridiculous.

I sent in paper work from where my car was at the dealership 3 weeks prior and the inspection showed my car tires fine. The second body shop said impact from hitting my wheel bent my brake bracket and caused the damage. Which again wasn't my fault. The only thing they did that granted good customer service was take 100 percent responsibility being Florida is a no fault state. Very dissatisfied. I am not a criminal and didn't appreciate being talked to like one as well as being accused of hiding damage because I didn't have car fixed at a body shop. So after further review they are sending a appraiser out from their department Monday 5-20-19 so I have to be avab for 3 more hours for that. They may be a good company to their clients but not to the victims that are hit. Mind you I didn't take the rental car which saved them money but they want to argue about the damage on a 2017 vehicle.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I've been a member with USAA for 5 years and had a credit card with them for 2 years. Customer service was good up until my wife and I had our vehicles involved in an accident with another USAA member. Our vehicles were both parked on the side of the street in our neighborhood. The driver was not paying attention (maybe focused on his phone) and ran into my wife's Acura TL head-on allowing it to roll back into my car. Nobody was in our vehicles since it was around 4:30am when the accident occurred.

USAA claimed that my wife's vehicle was a total loss after we had invested in brand new parts (front bumper, grille, engine, radiator) that all ended up being damaged at the time of the accident. They offered her only $1,500 cash to repair. Right now, my wife has no car to get to work and USAA did not want to compensate enough to fully repair her car or for a new car. We are still getting the run-around with USAA because of the customer service reps do not know how to take down proper notes and communicating it with other employees. We still don't know what we are to do with her car since she was only given $1,500 which is not enough to repair it or buy a new car. Thanks, USAA.

After this experience, I have transferred the credit line I had with USAA with Navy Federal who has been taking care of my finances and investments for over 20 years. I will not use any type of service with this institution and whoever is reading this please save your time and have another trusted bank or insurance company take care of your needs. I was considering USAA for auto insurance before this incident, but after this experience, I am glad to remain covered by Allstate.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I went with this credit card, because I retired and am traveling the US and felt since they are for veterans, I could trust them with fraud protection. Boy was I wrong. This is the worst credit card to have, if you are interested in being protect from fraudulent charges. They make no effort to investigate or resolve the issue. You are left on the hook to try to investigate it yourself and try to get it corrected. As soon as I can decide on a different credit card, I will be leaving them. If you don't have them, stay away. They do not help veterans at all.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I've had no issues with the claims process and they incentivize me with multiple policy and driver discounts. Either I'm not made aware of every credit, or it's not given often, occasional credits are reflected on my account for not submitting claims. Great customer service as always.

USAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded by former U.S. Army officers, USAA Auto Insurance is dedicated to providing affordable insurance and financial services to active duty, retired, and honorably discharged military personnel and their eligible family members.

• Accident forgiveness: USAA Auto Insurance policyholders can add accident forgiveness, so if they are in an accident, their premiums won't change.

• On-base parking discounts: Garaging vehicles on-base ensures vehicle safety, and, with USAA Auto Insurance, customers can get policy discounts for parking at work.

• Top customer service: USAA Auto Insurance received the highest possible rating for their customer advocacy, according to a survey hosted by Forrester Research Inc.

• All-in-one service: Members can use the USAA Auto Circle to locate, obtain financing and insure their new car. This process can help them save at every step of the way.

• No charge flexible payments: Many insurance companies charge policyholders a fee for monthly payment structures, but USAA Auto Insurance offers flexible payments at no charge.

• Best for: Active duty military, retired military and new drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky