Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance

Travelers Homeowners Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2020

I've been with Traveler's Homeowner's insurance through GEICO for 12 yrs - they just raised my insurance 20% though property values have only increased 2.1%. Last year they jacked it over 19%, 7.4% the year before. In last 3 yrs, they've jacked it over 53%! I totally get the insurance game, but I'm done playing it. So I'm dumping them and shopping around.

Original review: March 16, 2020

At the end of November, we became aware that the neighbor's shower above us was leaking into our kitchen. We immediately notified our building management and our personal agent and provided pictures. Our building had to locate the leak and then provide us with mold remediation and testing through the building insurance. Then it became time to deal with the damage inside my kitchen which was not part of the original construction when we moved into the coop. This included replacing drywall, some custom cabinetry, and painting.

Our adjuster used every excuse in the book, including outright lying about our conversations and conversations she had with our building management. She even threatened to deny our claim. All this for a claim that was under $10K. I was not treated like a valued customer that had been paying this policy for years but like a dishonest thief who was trying to take something that was not mine. We were with a kitchen for three months. Each time the adjuster had an issue her response was "I'll get back to you next week." Never again. I'm done.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I have been in the home-buying process for several weeks and planned to get my homeowners insurance through Travelers. I am 6 days out from my closing date and I just got off the phone with them and was informed that they will no longer offer me a policy because I have a dog who is part Pitbull (breed, not the musician). I understand company policy, even if it is incredibly dumb policy, but for them to pull the rug out from under me 6 days before my closing date is completely unacceptable and is plain bad business. Do not use them if you want someone reliable.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

My wife and I called for a QUOTE for home insurance on a home we were going to purchase. Travelers offered good rates and we kept them in mind. We later canceled to purchase of the home in question. We thought nothing of the QUOTE from travelers as it was only a QUOTE over the phone. We come to find out that someone at Travelers had activated our QUOTE into a fully effective policy without our consent. We’ve now called their offices a half dozen times in an attempt to get their error corrected and as of yet it is not. We keep being harassed with late payment notices because of this and empty promises that the error has been corrected. Every single representative I get ahold of insists that they alone will follow through to correct the problem and there is never a need for me to speak with management.

Here I am, 6 months after a quote, 4 months after THEY inappropriately activated the Quote into an active policy without our consent, 4 months of being harassed about payment, 5-6 representatives supposedly following up on correcting this harassment and fixing the error, not once have I been able to speak to a manager upon request with my obvious growing frustration, repeated Past Due Notices sent to us, and the reassurance that they don’t report non-payment to the credit bureaus.

In dealing with this company for a Quote, I have felt has been the worst decision we ever in relying on any business for services offered. It 100% feels like this company does not care about customer satisfaction nor do they have adequate oversight that allows Quotes to be activated without proper consent. This company appears to have policies in place that allows harassment and abuse of consumer protections, allows for representatives that can fraudulently financially use customer data to activate policies under the guise of a Quote, and they lack the oversight to remedy their own internal errors and practices. Buying and seeking homes and moving across the country is stressful enough and it feels like these vultures merely want to capitalize on potential customers, and other reviews show current customers too, during some of their most difficult life events.

A company like this should keep in mind that they are only as reliable as their weakest practices rather than finding strength in them. But what protections do customers have during their most difficult and often financially precarious times of their lives? We have to rely on their “good faith” efforts or scrape up money we don’t have to file lawsuits. All because they aren’t operating on good faith and they control all the policies that are in place to continue abusing potential and current customers. ***I’m enclosing a copy of Cancelation Confirmation we received but keep in mind we are still being harassed for payment.***

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Worst Insurance experience in my lifetime. It took 14 days for an Agent/adjuster to show up after a tree fell on my house. I had to do all the work at the age of 70. I Chainsawed the tree and sealed the house to prevent further storm damage. After 15 year of paying premiums the "hometown" office said they would cancel the policy for a $2500.00 claim. Gee I could have been self insured. No service just emails and voice mail. Go ahead and buy Travelers and get nothing! Please shop around for a real insurance that has real people to talk with not some cyber company that just takes your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Never use this insurance company under any circumstance. Evil people who will practice bad faith insurance practices. If you want to pay for home owner insurance and no protection choose them. I recommend NEVER to use Travelers!!!!! Severe damage to my property from bad weather early this year. Roof, Kitchen Bathrooms experienced damage from water entering the home. Adjuster underestimated the claim and advised to start out of pocket mitigation/remediation. I've paid for mitigation to begin the work and contractors are unable to start due to the underestimated scope of work. Currently refuses to make adjustments despite several contractor estimates. Travelers increased my premium and monthly payments due to the open claim. I'm unable to change insurance companies due to the 10 month open claim. I've hired legal representation contacting the local news station. Justice will be served!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Insurance broker helped to buy Travelers HO6 for my new condo. Condo was all newly renovated and working great, until one night and 6.5 months since we moved in we found water damage to floor near bathroom. Found shower and tile seal broke suddenly due to contraction and expansion. We fixed the leak as soon as we can. Then, adjuster came and told us HO6 does not cover water damage from this "specific" situation as it is a "wear" and not a pipe burst...??? I disagree this is a wear. It happened only for 2 -3 days before we find out and try to fix, the floor was already damaged the first day due to water going underneath the floor. Also, most condo have master insurance that covers these pipes in the wall. So what is HO6 for if it doesn't cover all sudden water damage? Was told by adjuster to buy endorsement on top of HO6 in order to get more things covered. So, what's the point? Of HO6 if we need add on to make it worthwhile?

Also, found out the broker and the insurance company were all connected. We didn't receive a copy of the insurance policy. No one explained to us about our benefits and coverage. We didn't know better. We trust the broker to get us the best coverage. But broker did not even mentioned the endorsement, only trying to sell us something cheap and useless.

Adjuster also told us himself that most people in their lifetime won't claim anything to their homeowner's insurance... So insurance is making money by selling policy that you mostly cannot benefit from when needed.This insurance company only sells us cheap coverage that is almost useless to make us feels falsely secured. Do not trust, must read all wording carefully. Broker and insurance is connected, beware!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We had an unfortunate try at insuring our property with Travelers, they are the worst at trying to contact, customer service is rude and underwriters clearly bias toward the insurers benefit. If you need fair and good insurance I would not waste time on travelers home insurance.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I filed a claim in April due to water damage to my master's bathroom of which was leaking from the upstairs to the garage below. Only to learn that the spout/valve from the garden tub caused water to leak on the sub-floor and structural insulated panel which lead to mold growth. Subsequently, I informed my adjuster of the situation and got the okay to move forward with remedied cleaning/repair/replacement of the damaged done to my property. However, due to the Short Scope estimate from Travelers I haven't been able to move forward with the repair and replacement of my bathroom floor, garden tub, insulated panel and vanity.

Furthermore, my assigned Travelers adjuster has failure to act promptly to handle my claim efficiently and effectively. Whereas, a gaping hole remains around the pipe drain area of my garden tub plumbing. Sadly, my claim has been delayed due to lack of correspondence and I have yet to receive any resolution. In the meantime, The Restoration Company has been patient, polite and forthcoming with pictures, documents and a repair scope.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Do not buy insurance from this HORRIBLE company. If you have to file a claim, after over TEN of paying your premium, IT WILL BE HELL. They hire complete idiots whose only purpose is to save the company money and make your life miserable. RUN TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY FOR YOUR INSURANCE NEEDS.

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Company Information