Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance

Travelers Homeowners Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Worst Insurance experience in my lifetime. It took 14 days for an Agent/adjuster to show up after a tree fell on my house. I had to do all the work at the age of 70. I Chainsawed the tree and sealed the house to prevent further storm damage. After 15 year of paying premiums the "hometown" office said they would cancel the policy for a $2500.00 claim. Gee I could have been self insured. No service just emails and voice mail. Go ahead and buy Travelers and get nothing! Please shop around for a real insurance that has real people to talk with not some cyber company that just takes your money.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Never use this insurance company under any circumstance. Evil people who will practice bad faith insurance practices. If you want to pay for home owner insurance and no protection choose them. I recommend NEVER to use Travelers!!!!! Severe damage to my property from bad weather early this year. Roof, Kitchen Bathrooms experienced damage from water entering the home. Adjuster underestimated the claim and advised to start out of pocket mitigation/remediation. I've paid for mitigation to begin the work and contractors are unable to start due to the underestimated scope of work. Currently refuses to make adjustments despite several contractor estimates. Travelers increased my premium and monthly payments due to the open claim. I'm unable to change insurance companies due to the 10 month open claim. I've hired legal representation contacting the local news station. Justice will be served!

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Insurance broker helped to buy Travelers HO6 for my new condo. Condo was all newly renovated and working great, until one night and 6.5 months since we moved in we found water damage to floor near bathroom. Found shower and tile seal broke suddenly due to contraction and expansion. We fixed the leak as soon as we can. Then, adjuster came and told us HO6 does not cover water damage from this "specific" situation as it is a "wear" and not a pipe burst...??? I disagree this is a wear. It happened only for 2 -3 days before we find out and try to fix, the floor was already damaged the first day due to water going underneath the floor. Also, most condo have master insurance that covers these pipes in the wall. So what is HO6 for if it doesn't cover all sudden water damage? Was told by adjuster to buy endorsement on top of HO6 in order to get more things covered. So, what's the point? Of HO6 if we need add on to make it worthwhile?

Also, found out the broker and the insurance company were all connected. We didn't receive a copy of the insurance policy. No one explained to us about our benefits and coverage. We didn't know better. We trust the broker to get us the best coverage. But broker did not even mentioned the endorsement, only trying to sell us something cheap and useless.

Adjuster also told us himself that most people in their lifetime won't claim anything to their homeowner's insurance... So insurance is making money by selling policy that you mostly cannot benefit from when needed.This insurance company only sells us cheap coverage that is almost useless to make us feels falsely secured. Do not trust, must read all wording carefully. Broker and insurance is connected, beware!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We had an unfortunate try at insuring our property with Travelers, they are the worst at trying to contact, customer service is rude and underwriters clearly bias toward the insurers benefit. If you need fair and good insurance I would not waste time on travelers home insurance.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I filed a claim in April due to water damage to my master's bathroom of which was leaking from the upstairs to the garage below. Only to learn that the spout/valve from the garden tub caused water to leak on the sub-floor and structural insulated panel which lead to mold growth. Subsequently, I informed my adjuster of the situation and got the okay to move forward with remedied cleaning/repair/replacement of the damaged done to my property. However, due to the Short Scope estimate from Travelers I haven't been able to move forward with the repair and replacement of my bathroom floor, garden tub, insulated panel and vanity.

Furthermore, my assigned Travelers adjuster has failure to act promptly to handle my claim efficiently and effectively. Whereas, a gaping hole remains around the pipe drain area of my garden tub plumbing. Sadly, my claim has been delayed due to lack of correspondence and I have yet to receive any resolution. In the meantime, The Restoration Company has been patient, polite and forthcoming with pictures, documents and a repair scope.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Do not buy insurance from this HORRIBLE company. If you have to file a claim, after over TEN of paying your premium, IT WILL BE HELL. They hire complete idiots whose only purpose is to save the company money and make your life miserable. RUN TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY FOR YOUR INSURANCE NEEDS.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I had a large crack in my slab in the garage and while I was working to fix it I found a huge root under the slab. It was obviously the cause of the problem and I filed a claim. Two claims adjusters came out to review the problem and took a ton of photos. After four days they called to say the cause of the problem was EARTHY MOVEMENT! WHAT?? Didn't you see the huge root? Yes we did, but the earth movement may be related to the tree root, but it was nonetheless related to earth movement and that is not covered by your policy. I have had the policy with Travelers for over 30 years and have never filed a claim, so I guess I have not had insurance all of these years because if they don't cover this what do they cover. My policy on this house and two other homes will be cancelled as soon as this is settled, probably in court!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Building next door under massive renovation. They had contractor spray paint and other chemicals to upgrade large outdoor parking garage. As a result, cloud of super potent fumes for more than 5 days seeped into my apartment. Family couldn’t breathe and become lightheaded immediately. Have 6 month old baby at home. Have to protect child’s health. Immediately went to hotel. Specifically paid up for Loss of Use coverage on my policy. Filed claim and Travelers denied. Will have to hire public adjuster or sue and call local media to let public know that this company does not cover you for anything. ONLY sucks your money! They don’t care about you or your family! AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Sewage back up, put in claim. First thing out of his mouth is "I'm not paying that." I asked about hotel for 2 days while they do repairs. He said, "No I don't see you need that." But I cannot use my facilities, shower, **, shave, but no. So I call up Travelers and yes, I'm covered for hotel if my home cannot be used but it's up to the claims adjuster to determine. But they determine I don't need to shower and the use of facilities. Paid my deductible, not sure if they will pay anything. Will have to get a lawyer, loss of time from work etc. I STRONGLY SUGGEST TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM TRAVELERS AS YOU CAN.

Original review: July 1, 2019

WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with. The AC in the unit beside mine blew up and caused my AC unit to malfunction (they are beside one another). State Farm immediately investigated the unit beside mine and reimbursed my neighbour's losses while Travelers denied my claim and said it was 'wear and tear' even though there was indisputable evidence that it was as a result of the unit beside mine. The investigator did not bring appropriate tools to look at the water damage (he only surfacely looked at the walls, which were brown with stains from the unit beside mine). I complained to Mr. Willard ** and Mr. Rod **, both of which were incompetent and ignored the substantive evidence I presented to them. As a result, I will have to pursue litigation with them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Company Information