Travelers Homeowners Insurance

Travelers Homeowners Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Travelers is an insurance provider that offers competitive rates for its custom home coverage plans, online policy claims and several discounts options, including multipolicy, smart home and other savings. It also provides umbrella protection. It sells policies online and through local agents.

BOTTOM LINE

Travelers is a well-known insurance company that provides homeowners coverage across the country. You can buy its policies online or through a local agent. The company offers competitive rates and various discounts.

PROS

• Online quotes
  • Multipolicy discounts
  • Custom coverage

CONS

• Discounts vary by state
  • Not the most affordable option

Top Travelers Homeowners Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

… I have dealt with other insurance companies and a lot of times it has become a nightmare. Travelers has been far the best. They handled all the policies with minimal effort on my part and all the policies were done correctly. Having multiple policies the discounted rates were excellent.

I am happy and satisfied with my insurance company… I have never had any sour grapes nor unattended inquiry that is unresolved. I am always treated with respect and professional treatment is at its best. I am happy and satisfied...

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

About Travelers homeowners insurance

Travelers is a long-standing insurance provider that writes policies across the country. It offers coverage for cars, homes, rentals, condos, boats and yachts. It also has policy add-ons for valuables, weddings, travel and umbrella coverage. You can buy its policies online in most states, but the company also has an extensive network of agents to assist with payments and claims. Travelers provides competitive rates, but its coverage can be limited without add-ons.

Travelers home insurance coverage

Travelers customizes home policies to your needs. Its coverage options include protection for dwellings, other structures, personal property, loss of use and personal liability. You can adjust your deductible to suit your budget, though higher premiums come with premium discounts. You can also add extra coverage for special belongings, water backup, identity theft, green homes and more. Contact an agent or get an online quote to see all your coverage options.

Travelers home insurance quotes and costs

Request an online quote or contact a local agent for Travelers’ home coverage rates. In most states, you can buy policies online, and you can pay out of pocket or through your mortgage’s escrow account. Travelers also offers many discounts, including savings for security systems, protective devices, smart home technology, green home certification, loss-free claims history and more, though these discounts vary from state to state.

Travelers home insurance FAQ

Where is Travelers home insurance available?
Travelers homeowners insurance is available in all 50 states. However, its coverage options and discounts may vary depending on location.
Does Travelers home insurance cover older homes?
Yes, Travelers’ home policies cover older homes. Submit an online quote request or contact your local agent to see if your home qualifies for coverage.
How can I file a claim with Travelers home insurance?
You can easily file and track claims on the Travelers website or with its mobile app. You can also submit claims with your local agent.
What company owns Travelers home insurance?
Travelers isn’t owned by another company; it was previously part of Primerica and Citigroup but became its own company in 2001.

Is Travelers home insurance good?

Travelers’ home insurance policies offer competitive rates, comprehensive coverage and several discount opportunities and coverage add-ons. It’s a solid option if you want customizable coverage and qualify for its discounts — get a quote online or speak with a representative to get specific pricing details.

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers Homeowners Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Auto and Home Insurance is something I don't want to think about so I did my homework years ago and got the best rate for the coverage I need and they've got my back since then. Safe to say, my rates rarely increase and the few claims I needed to make were handled with ease. I had a roof on my house replaced due to Hail damage and all it cost me was $500 for the deductible. Luckily enough for my cars I have not needed to use it. One last mention, as I am sure it is with all companies, I get a combined discount...overall, satisfied and not shopping.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I'm going into my 4th year with Travelers. I particularly like that you can pay monthly for 8 months and then don't have to pay for 4. They email your policy a monrh in advance with all the information from the last year so if you need to make changes it is easy to contact them and they make the necessary changes. They are very flexible and have several ways to pay. All in all they have been the easiest company to deal with compared to a couple others I have tried to work with.

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Homeowners insurance company. They seem to help people if they have home questions or if they have problems with with their homes and they can maybe get the help that they need for them. Some home insurances help with the problems that people need.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Best policy coverages and rate. My agent is the best at finding what I need and getting me the best price. She keeps me updated constantly so I always have the most recent information and reminders and follow up is???!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I'm quite pleased with this company in reference to how they handle any issue that I may have in respect to how they handle any concerns or questions about the policy. The fee that I pay is less than what I pay for auto insurance which can be high. Their representatives are very professional.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I only give it two stars because when I had a claim they were timely in paying it. Now however they had issued a non renewal for an $1800 water damage claim because they say I never sent proof that it was paid, WHICH I ABSOLUTELY DID! Keep in mind they didn't pay for the $2500 roof damage. That came out of my pocket because homeowners doesn't cover that, surprise! But the paltry $1800 is reason for nonrenewal!!!

The insurance companies are dropping people left and right because of all the fires in California. Stupid business model because they are apparently run by morons. So where are they going to get the funds to pay out claim if they don't want to insure anyone. The areas of the fires in California were for the most part not even fire areas. It was just unusual circumstances in an unusually windy environment. There haven't ever been fires in those areas and probably will never be again. So maybe Travelers is not alone. Maybe they are all idiots and we are their pawns, but I can only review them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

What's the point of having insurance when you get penalized for using it? Traveler's was plenty happy to tap my bank account each month for its premium, but not so when it came time to pay a claim. I would not recommend these people to a dog I did not like.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

My Travelers agent really goes above and beyond to make sure I'm taken care of. The prices are a bit steep, but all homeowners insurance is expensive from what I can tell. Overall, they're a good company to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

This company failed each time we needed to make a claim for damage. They overinflated our property value to increase the deductible. I had to contact them with backup information for them to lower their valuation. It's always a chore when the time comes when we file a claim. When I get some time to devote, I am going to look for better options.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

In May of 2019, my husband and I discovered that some property we held in storage had been damaged due to wind damage to the facility causing an excess accumulation of dust, mites, and insects to get into our storage unit. We immediately filed a claim with Travelers whom we had paid monthly premiums to for the last 13 years which should have covered our property in storage. We rarely filed a claim during those years, except for roof and maybe one other. We were called and asked questions about our unit which we immediately answered. However, the agent never made an appointment with us to visit the unit to assess the damage to our property. Instead, the agent called the facility to ask about us and damage to the unit. Of course, the facility denied any damage. Ultimately, our claim was denied citing what had been told to Travelers by the facility. My husband and I were disappointed, but life goes on.

Several months later, we received a letter stating we had to get rid of the property we held in storage. Of course, we called and questioned why? What is this all about? The agent proceeded to inform us that we had to throw away the property because we claimed it was damaged and allegedly we could possibly put the property in our home and file a claim on it later. We were offended as we are both honest, hardworking PROFESSIONALS. We informed the agent that it is damaged and we were not going to throw it away because the claim had not been approved by Travelers so therefore, they had no right to say we had to get rid of it. If the claim had been approved and paid, we would have gladly done so.

The agent informed us if we did not get rid of it, our policy would not be continued. This...to customers who take care of home and property and pay premiums on time...for over 13 years. We replied OK because we were not going to get rid of our property when the claim had not been approved. We immediately began getting quotes from other companies for our home insurance coverage. This happened at an excellent time for us because we were in the process of building our next home and had this not happened, we probably would have stayed with Travelers in our now current home. In January of 2020, our coverage with Travelers was not renewed due to us keeping our property in a claim that had not been approved. What a way to treat once loyal customers.

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Company Information