Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Travelers Homeowners Insurance
3.74/5

Travelers Homeowners Insurance

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

I filed a claim in April due to water damage to my master's bathroom of which was leaking from the upstairs to the garage below. Only to learn that the spout/valve from the garden tub caused water to leak on the sub-floor and structural insulated panel which lead to mold growth. Subsequently, I informed my adjuster of the situation and got the okay to move forward with remedied cleaning/repair/replacement of the damaged done to my property. However, due to the Short Scope estimate from Travelers I haven't been able to move forward with the repair and replacement of my bathroom floor, garden tub, insulated panel and vanity.

Furthermore, my assigned Travelers adjuster has failure to act promptly to handle my claim efficiently and effectively. Whereas, a gaping hole remains around the pipe drain area of my garden tub plumbing. Sadly, my claim has been delayed due to lack of correspondence and I have yet to receive any resolution. In the meantime, The Restoration Company has been patient, polite and forthcoming with pictures, documents and a repair scope.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Do not buy insurance from this HORRIBLE company. If you have to file a claim, after over TEN of paying your premium, IT WILL BE HELL. They hire complete idiots whose only purpose is to save the company money and make your life miserable. RUN TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY FOR YOUR INSURANCE NEEDS.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I had a large crack in my slab in the garage and while I was working to fix it I found a huge root under the slab. It was obviously the cause of the problem and I filed a claim. Two claims adjusters came out to review the problem and took a ton of photos. After four days they called to say the cause of the problem was EARTHY MOVEMENT! WHAT?? Didn't you see the huge root? Yes we did, but the earth movement may be related to the tree root, but it was nonetheless related to earth movement and that is not covered by your policy. I have had the policy with Travelers for over 30 years and have never filed a claim, so I guess I have not had insurance all of these years because if they don't cover this what do they cover. My policy on this house and two other homes will be cancelled as soon as this is settled, probably in court!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Building next door under massive renovation. They had contractor spray paint and other chemicals to upgrade large outdoor parking garage. As a result, cloud of super potent fumes for more than 5 days seeped into my apartment. Family couldn’t breathe and become lightheaded immediately. Have 6 month old baby at home. Have to protect child’s health. Immediately went to hotel. Specifically paid up for Loss of Use coverage on my policy. Filed claim and Travelers denied. Will have to hire public adjuster or sue and call local media to let public know that this company does not cover you for anything. ONLY sucks your money! They don’t care about you or your family! AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Sewage back up, put in claim. First thing out of his mouth is "I'm not paying that." I asked about hotel for 2 days while they do repairs. He said, "No I don't see you need that." But I cannot use my facilities, shower, **, shave, but no. So I call up Travelers and yes, I'm covered for hotel if my home cannot be used but it's up to the claims adjuster to determine. But they determine I don't need to shower and the use of facilities. Paid my deductible, not sure if they will pay anything. Will have to get a lawyer, loss of time from work etc. I STRONGLY SUGGEST TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM TRAVELERS AS YOU CAN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: July 1, 2019

WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with. The AC in the unit beside mine blew up and caused my AC unit to malfunction (they are beside one another). State Farm immediately investigated the unit beside mine and reimbursed my neighbour's losses while Travelers denied my claim and said it was 'wear and tear' even though there was indisputable evidence that it was as a result of the unit beside mine. The investigator did not bring appropriate tools to look at the water damage (he only surfacely looked at the walls, which were brown with stains from the unit beside mine). I complained to Mr. Willard ** and Mr. Rod **, both of which were incompetent and ignored the substantive evidence I presented to them. As a result, I will have to pursue litigation with them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Opted to not renew my policy because they claimed I didn't submit requested info in a timely manner. I have proof that I submitted the info a year previously. When I spoke to a rep from Geico he said they opted to not renew because of one prior claim from water damage that amounted to $2500. Somebody is not telling the truth. I'm confident it is Travelers (a faceless, poor service, forever-on-hold, greedy [$28.902 billion in revenue in 2017], big business company) who is to blame here. This company will CANCEL your policy with one small claim. DO NOT use them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We purchased our home in 2017 and had it insured by Travelers referred by Geico. In 2018 our home suffered a house fire which destroyed enough of the property for us to have to temporarily relocate while repairs were completed. Every aspect of the process in working with Travelers was exhausting, while our initial agent was generally helpful and clear it was also very clear that we had to put in a lot of extra work and examine every detail very carefully to make sure we were not getting ripped off and that we were capturing the amount due to restore us to 'whole'.

The personal property side was a far worse experience than dealing with the home loss and repair. The personal property agent with Travelers was inconsistent in her communication with us, recommended a shady company to 'restore' our clothing and soft goods called FRSteam. Who cleaned all of our items after we had specifically asked them to not do so until we confirmed exactly which items we wanted to have cleaned.

During the home repair process our property was then broken into and a number of things stolen from the shed on the property. This resulted in another new claim having to be filed because Travelers said it was UNRELATED to the fire loss. The only reason we suffered theft was due to our home being empty, which was due to fire loss, so, do the math. This additional claim then gave them the perfect reason to justify dropping our coverage as soon as they could. We are looking for a new insurance policy for our home now, and hope we never have to deal with Travelers again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We have had the same insurance since we bought our house 1991 (Geico to Travelers). We tried to claim 3 times but were denied all three times for various nonsense reasons. We had mold appear under our house and they said it was from groundwater and wasn't covered. When I said they were worthless, complained that we have been customers for 27 years and they have denied every claim he said, "Well, if it makes you feel any better your first 2 would now have a partial reimbursement." NO... it did not make me feel better. So I told him so and said... So I guess this claim will be covered in 10 years but that won't do me any good. This cost us $3,800 and they didn't cover a dime even though we had $5K in mold damage coverage. They are horrible and will do everything in their power to not pay a claim. Stay away and go to another insurance company.

Original review: April 3, 2019

They're a bunch of thief's! Was only with them for 10 months. They always try and come up with different ways and reasons to raise rates and not just a little they try and ** people over the coles. They tried to raise our home insurance over a supposed "inspection" to almost a thousand more a year. The inspector reported we had a hip roof. Lie it's a a gable. They tried to say we had wood siding. WRONG. It's vinyl. They tried and said we had a 2 car garage. WRONG. It's a one car. They tried to say we had wood floors. Wrong. They never even saw the inside of the house and were never at my house to begin with.

When we asked them when they did their inspection they lied as we checked our security cameras was never at our house. When we confronted them about it they lied and said they need to reschedule their inspection... Then when we cancelled them for lying they kept charging us for our auto saying we owed them money. Had to call the bank and revoke authorization. Bottom line THEY'RE A BUNCH OF LYING IDIOTS. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A INSURANCE COMPANY THAT DOES WORKERS COMP ON THE SIDE....

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Company Information