Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Travelers Homeowners Insurance
3.72/5

Travelers Homeowners Insurance

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

208 Travelers Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I switched to Travelers recently. I was told a outside inspection needed to be completed. The inspector harassed me on my cell phone via text messages demanding to come inside my home. After back and forth messages I asked him why he needed to come in to the house when we were told it was just an outside inspection. He said he gets paid more money if we let him in the house. I was appalled at that response and contacted Travelers to report this response and said he was very pushy. They apologized. Would you believe they sent the exact guy out to do the inspection? Then they decided to cancel our policy because "our current siding is stained" and there was debris in our driveway. Keep in mind his visit was just after a storm. Seems a little coincidental maybe even spiteful? Don't even bother calling to get explanations, you will just waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My wife and I were in the camp fire. We saw our whole town burn to the ground including 17,000 houses and 288 businesses. We made it out safe but had no idea what to do. Travelers helped us in everything we needed. Corey was a wonderful adjuster and he was a life changer. He provided the immediate assistance through the company with no haggle or hassle. He also gave us great insights and ideas that greatly helped us move on. "I always have heard horror stories about insurance companies. This insurance company took us from a horror story to future hope and quality of living."

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I'm a single working mom with a handicapped child and have had homeowners insurance with Travelers for 30 plus years and 6 houses later with few claims... I had 2 pipes burst from a malfunction in a pressure switch that created a sudden pressure change in the pipes and they burst causing a tremendous amount of water damage to my home in my crawl space, my floors and mold growing everywhere from them leaving my house sitting with no action taken during warm, high humidity level conditions! My hardwood floors cupped and have become discolored, my laminates are peeling up, my carpet is damaged, my insulation remains down and some in tact but still wet against my subfloors and we are facing a Arctic freeze that could cause even more damage!...

I live in an older home but had none of this until the pipe burst! I didn't see a adjuster for 10 days, I kept calling concerned about the standing water under my house and mold from the high humidity levels at that time and they gave me ServiceMaster's number (7 days later) whom I called and they came out next day and gave a very scary report of tremendous damage and mold growth!... Mold continued to grow!!! I heard nothing and continued to reach out to them out of concern as my house continued to show more damage and mold growth. The first adjuster finally came 10 days later but still nothing was done! They sent a second adjuster out 2 weeks later who says there was no evidence of any standing water in my home and ignored my plumber, the first adjuster, ServiceMaster and hygienist reports!

I feel very taken advantage of as a single woman! He put us in a hotel while putting me in contact with a relocation company to find housing for 4-6 months while my house would be mitigated... My handicapped daughter had a major surgery and I had to bring her home to the hotel!... Then they denied my claim and gave me 12 hour notice that I had to be out of the hotel and we had to go home to a mold infested house that had been sitting for a long period of time growing more and more mold closed up and more damage surfacing to the floors! I also pay for loss of use and never received, or was offered, reimbursement for gas/mileage, food, etc while displaced. I am far from furious!!! They don't deserve even 1 star!!! SINGLE MOM OF HANDICAPPED CHILD... POLICY HOLDER FOR 30 PLUS YEARS, 6 HOUSES LATER, FEW CLAIMS AND DENIED SUDDEN BURST PIPE CLAIM!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Their refuse to cover my content loss from a leaking roof that has been dry for the past five years. Hurricane winds and torrential rain tore loose shingles and damaged the roof causing excessive water damage from rainwater coming from the roof. They determined that my dry interior had to have been wet because a Google image from 2012 prior to a resale, showed loose shingles? So my damaged furnishings are not covered. Even though the roof hasn’t leaked since my occupancy in 2013?

It’s disgusting that they can get away with this. Yes, it’s an old roof, but it didn’t leak until the shingles were ripped off in high winds and it should be covered. Plus, I have mold remediation. The adjuster told me the mold was old on my beams and boxes and took a long time to grow? Mold grows in 24-48 hours and spreads rapidly. So what is he talking about? Do not use this company!!! Horrible experience. Pay money to insure my furnishings and they don’t cover the loss??

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We have GEICO car insurance and we wanted to up our homeowner’s insurance in case anything ever happened to our custom home. GEICO contacted me about their offering of homeowner’s insurance and they connected us with Travelers Insurance. We are now paying three times the amount per year for our policy, but I believed this meant we would receive good coverage if needed. How wrong I was to believe that Travelers was a good insurance company! Our problem began when we decided to remove our older built-in refrigerator and decided to put in a Subzero. When the installer came out and removed the refrigerator, mold was found on the wall behind it. We never knew we had a water or mold issue because it was hidden by the refrigerator.

I immediately called Travelers Insurance as well as a remediation company. I was told over the phone that Travelers would cover up to $5000 for the remediation and that we had a $2500 deductible. We were fine with it. The Travelers claims adjuster I was assigned to was too lazy to come visit our property. Instead, he asked me if I had an iPhone and if I would download an app to my phone so he could virtually take pictures on his iPad via my phone. I complied. The remediation company then proceeded to do everything they needed to do, ripping out cabinets, drywall, etc. They did an excellent job.

A third party company came out after several days of clearing out the mold and all of it was gone. Days later I received a call from the Travelers adjuster stating that our claim was denied. He mentioned that "the mold on our brick flooring looked like it had been a while". I told him there was ZERO mold on our brick, and what he was looking at was actually painted brick that had black paint splats. The unprofessionalism and lack of care from Travelers Home Insurance astounds me. Do not choose them for your coverage!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I am happy with Travelers. It offers coverage better than I had at a better price, and was convenient to purchase online. Their first proposal exceeded the coverage I had and saved me 600 dollars a year. My agent and the company have been completely accommodating to fulfill my wishes and needs regarding my homeowners insurance. They were very patient to fully explain all aspects I asked about.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Ridiculous stalling period to send my refund. My money. Sold home Sept 4. Called them Sept 8. Inform me I would receive a refund of $1184. It takes 7-10 days. Ok fine. Called Back Sept 23, told me wait 30 days. If they stop payment it’ll take another 30 days. It’s Oct 2. No check.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

As with another reviewer, I had a water leak (early 2018) in a line in my third bathroom that I needed to file a claim for because the damage entailed: wall/ ceiling/baseboard removal and drying. The agent that I worked with did a great job in helping me through the process. That is not my issue. My issue comes with my premium getting raised over 50% because of this one claim. I've been with Travelers since 2012.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

They have their own adjusters who make estimates, but no specialist to determine what the problem is. They don't agree with the estimates of the repair specialist. Why don't they provide the repairs specialist that works directly with Travelers? I am not renewing my policy. Claims Department is really bad.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been with Travelers for 10 years and had a great experience recently till I had 2 small claims for water damage. One for my water heater which happened about 2-3 years ago and another for a leak from my roof into my kitchen back in June. I get a call yesterday saying they are not renewing my coverage because of these 2 small claims happened within 3 years. Unless you have a huge claim I wouldn't put in any small claims. I had high marks for Travelers till now.

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Company Information