Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance

Travelers Homeowners Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

Sewage back up, put in claim. First thing out of his mouth is "I'm not paying that." I asked about hotel for 2 days while they do repairs. He said, "No I don't see you need that." But I cannot use my facilities, shower, **, shave, but no. So I call up Travelers and yes, I'm covered for hotel if my home cannot be used but it's up to the claims adjuster to determine. But they determine I don't need to shower and the use of facilities. Paid my deductible, not sure if they will pay anything. Will have to get a lawyer, loss of time from work etc. I STRONGLY SUGGEST TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM TRAVELERS AS YOU CAN.

Original review: July 1, 2019

WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with. The AC in the unit beside mine blew up and caused my AC unit to malfunction (they are beside one another). State Farm immediately investigated the unit beside mine and reimbursed my neighbour's losses while Travelers denied my claim and said it was 'wear and tear' even though there was indisputable evidence that it was as a result of the unit beside mine. The investigator did not bring appropriate tools to look at the water damage (he only surfacely looked at the walls, which were brown with stains from the unit beside mine). I complained to Mr. Willard ** and Mr. Rod **, both of which were incompetent and ignored the substantive evidence I presented to them. As a result, I will have to pursue litigation with them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Opted to not renew my policy because they claimed I didn't submit requested info in a timely manner. I have proof that I submitted the info a year previously. When I spoke to a rep from Geico he said they opted to not renew because of one prior claim from water damage that amounted to $2500. Somebody is not telling the truth. I'm confident it is Travelers (a faceless, poor service, forever-on-hold, greedy [$28.902 billion in revenue in 2017], big business company) who is to blame here. This company will CANCEL your policy with one small claim. DO NOT use them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We purchased our home in 2017 and had it insured by Travelers referred by Geico. In 2018 our home suffered a house fire which destroyed enough of the property for us to have to temporarily relocate while repairs were completed. Every aspect of the process in working with Travelers was exhausting, while our initial agent was generally helpful and clear it was also very clear that we had to put in a lot of extra work and examine every detail very carefully to make sure we were not getting ripped off and that we were capturing the amount due to restore us to 'whole'.

The personal property side was a far worse experience than dealing with the home loss and repair. The personal property agent with Travelers was inconsistent in her communication with us, recommended a shady company to 'restore' our clothing and soft goods called FRSteam. Who cleaned all of our items after we had specifically asked them to not do so until we confirmed exactly which items we wanted to have cleaned.

During the home repair process our property was then broken into and a number of things stolen from the shed on the property. This resulted in another new claim having to be filed because Travelers said it was UNRELATED to the fire loss. The only reason we suffered theft was due to our home being empty, which was due to fire loss, so, do the math. This additional claim then gave them the perfect reason to justify dropping our coverage as soon as they could. We are looking for a new insurance policy for our home now, and hope we never have to deal with Travelers again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We have had the same insurance since we bought our house 1991 (Geico to Travelers). We tried to claim 3 times but were denied all three times for various nonsense reasons. We had mold appear under our house and they said it was from groundwater and wasn't covered. When I said they were worthless, complained that we have been customers for 27 years and they have denied every claim he said, "Well, if it makes you feel any better your first 2 would now have a partial reimbursement." NO... it did not make me feel better. So I told him so and said... So I guess this claim will be covered in 10 years but that won't do me any good. This cost us $3,800 and they didn't cover a dime even though we had $5K in mold damage coverage. They are horrible and will do everything in their power to not pay a claim. Stay away and go to another insurance company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: April 3, 2019

They're a bunch of thief's! Was only with them for 10 months. They always try and come up with different ways and reasons to raise rates and not just a little they try and ** people over the coles. They tried to raise our home insurance over a supposed "inspection" to almost a thousand more a year. The inspector reported we had a hip roof. Lie it's a a gable. They tried to say we had wood siding. WRONG. It's vinyl. They tried and said we had a 2 car garage. WRONG. It's a one car. They tried to say we had wood floors. Wrong. They never even saw the inside of the house and were never at my house to begin with.

When we asked them when they did their inspection they lied as we checked our security cameras was never at our house. When we confronted them about it they lied and said they need to reschedule their inspection... Then when we cancelled them for lying they kept charging us for our auto saying we owed them money. Had to call the bank and revoke authorization. Bottom line THEY'RE A BUNCH OF LYING IDIOTS. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A INSURANCE COMPANY THAT DOES WORKERS COMP ON THE SIDE....

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I switched to Travelers recently. I was told a outside inspection needed to be completed. The inspector harassed me on my cell phone via text messages demanding to come inside my home. After back and forth messages I asked him why he needed to come in to the house when we were told it was just an outside inspection. He said he gets paid more money if we let him in the house. I was appalled at that response and contacted Travelers to report this response and said he was very pushy. They apologized. Would you believe they sent the exact guy out to do the inspection? Then they decided to cancel our policy because "our current siding is stained" and there was debris in our driveway. Keep in mind his visit was just after a storm. Seems a little coincidental maybe even spiteful? Don't even bother calling to get explanations, you will just waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My wife and I were in the camp fire. We saw our whole town burn to the ground including 17,000 houses and 288 businesses. We made it out safe but had no idea what to do. Travelers helped us in everything we needed. Corey was a wonderful adjuster and he was a life changer. He provided the immediate assistance through the company with no haggle or hassle. He also gave us great insights and ideas that greatly helped us move on. "I always have heard horror stories about insurance companies. This insurance company took us from a horror story to future hope and quality of living."

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I'm a single working mom with a handicapped child and have had homeowners insurance with Travelers for 30 plus years and 6 houses later with few claims... I had 2 pipes burst from a malfunction in a pressure switch that created a sudden pressure change in the pipes and they burst causing a tremendous amount of water damage to my home in my crawl space, my floors and mold growing everywhere from them leaving my house sitting with no action taken during warm, high humidity level conditions! My hardwood floors cupped and have become discolored, my laminates are peeling up, my carpet is damaged, my insulation remains down and some in tact but still wet against my subfloors and we are facing a Arctic freeze that could cause even more damage!...

I live in an older home but had none of this until the pipe burst! I didn't see a adjuster for 10 days, I kept calling concerned about the standing water under my house and mold from the high humidity levels at that time and they gave me ServiceMaster's number (7 days later) whom I called and they came out next day and gave a very scary report of tremendous damage and mold growth!... Mold continued to grow!!! I heard nothing and continued to reach out to them out of concern as my house continued to show more damage and mold growth. The first adjuster finally came 10 days later but still nothing was done! They sent a second adjuster out 2 weeks later who says there was no evidence of any standing water in my home and ignored my plumber, the first adjuster, ServiceMaster and hygienist reports!

I feel very taken advantage of as a single woman! He put us in a hotel while putting me in contact with a relocation company to find housing for 4-6 months while my house would be mitigated... My handicapped daughter had a major surgery and I had to bring her home to the hotel!... Then they denied my claim and gave me 12 hour notice that I had to be out of the hotel and we had to go home to a mold infested house that had been sitting for a long period of time growing more and more mold closed up and more damage surfacing to the floors! I also pay for loss of use and never received, or was offered, reimbursement for gas/mileage, food, etc while displaced. I am far from furious!!! They don't deserve even 1 star!!! SINGLE MOM OF HANDICAPPED CHILD... POLICY HOLDER FOR 30 PLUS YEARS, 6 HOUSES LATER, FEW CLAIMS AND DENIED SUDDEN BURST PIPE CLAIM!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Their refuse to cover my content loss from a leaking roof that has been dry for the past five years. Hurricane winds and torrential rain tore loose shingles and damaged the roof causing excessive water damage from rainwater coming from the roof. They determined that my dry interior had to have been wet because a Google image from 2012 prior to a resale, showed loose shingles? So my damaged furnishings are not covered. Even though the roof hasn’t leaked since my occupancy in 2013?

It’s disgusting that they can get away with this. Yes, it’s an old roof, but it didn’t leak until the shingles were ripped off in high winds and it should be covered. Plus, I have mold remediation. The adjuster told me the mold was old on my beams and boxes and took a long time to grow? Mold grows in 24-48 hours and spreads rapidly. So what is he talking about? Do not use this company!!! Horrible experience. Pay money to insure my furnishings and they don’t cover the loss??

Travelers Homeowners Insurance Company Information