2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.64/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Offers hybrid/electric vehicle discount and new car discount
  • Features Affinity Program to employees or members of participating organizations
  • Established financial strength
  • Accident forgiveness includes one accident and one minor violation
  • Decreasing deductibles

CONS

• Premiums can be slightly higher than competitors
  • Services limited to 42 states

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We were struck from the rear by a vehicle insured by Travelers. They did not argue or low ball the claim in any way. Our repairs were totally taken care of by Travelers no questions asked. A rental was even offered. A great experience with a great company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I found Travelers Insurance employees to be very helpful and professional. I have had the good fortune to never have had to make a claim with them, so am unable to speak to their responsiveness to me in time of a crisis.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We have not yet had a claim with Travelers, other than for windshield repair (which was handled smoothly). We purchased our policy through an independent agent and are very satisfied with her attention to our needs. We are pleased with the policy we have as compared to other companies and plan to stay with Travelers at renewal time.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I switched to Travelers from a well known auto insurance company after they kept raising my rates even though I had never had an accident. Shortly after the switch I was hit by an uninsured motorist and he did over $10,000 worth of damage to my 2013 Buick. It was about one and a half years old at the time. I called the number on my insurance card and they asked if my car was drivable. I said I thought so and they told me to take it home and they would pick it up there and provide me with a rental car at their expense. They had a flat bed truck pick my Buick up the next day and took it to the Buick dealer that I bought it from for repair. They paid for the complete repair and kept me informed of everything that was going on. I paid the deductible.

Awhile later they sent me a check and said that they had collected enough from the driver that was at fault to return my deductible. They were very helpful, courteous and professional at all times. Even called me after I got my car back to make sure I was satisfied with the repair. This is the only insurance company I will use and recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

They are top notch. Customer service is great. Their technology is 1st level. Price-wise they beat everyone including Geico. I am impressed. Roadside assistance which I had to use right away, was efficient. I tried a jump. Then they had to tow. Travelers called me, texted me, at all points I was well advised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: July 2, 2020

On 6/1/20 their member struck me from behind and instead of paying me they (KERRY) absolutely positively suggested I go rack up more BILLS because apparently the claim was too low. Glad I'm not a member. I've NEVER heard of that.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Called for roadside assistance for flat tire at 11 am. The towing company was suppose to text or call with an ETA, waited almost and hour nothing. It was in the 80's in the sun in a parking lot. I called the only number I have for travelers. I had to start all over jump thru hoops to get to roadside again was told tow driver would be there in 20 minutes 45 minutes I called again. Oh goody the truck broke. I'm at Over 2 hours now in Walmart parking lot in Columbia MO. Now they will try another company another hour and someone MIGHT show up. I bought the insurance and yet my name isn't on the policy. Never an apology never any sense of urgency just wait for hours that's the best Travelers can do. I bought the policy and I am getting a new company. One that's not run by neanderthals and my name will be on the policy. I would suggest calling any roadside assistance especially Travelers every 10 minutes. Shameful.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Worst insurance company I ever had to deal with. Make a long story short, they were the insurance company of a company I filed a claim against. The company refunded my money and asked me to get estimates. I got 5! for the damages caused by their product. The claims rep. refused to pay the claim, even though the company admitted liability. I asked to speak to the claims rep's boss. He never even extended the courtesy of investigating and calling me back. Terrible customer service!

Original review: March 7, 2020

My Credit Score with Transunion is 765. After an online quote the site gave me an amount that is $200 more a year than who I have now, Geico. The reasoning for the amount was they did not place me in their best category based on my credit check. I am using my credit at 20%, no late payments. What is this?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

1/30/2020 I hit a deer with my new truck. Travelers adjuster listed damages at $6200. He listed all of the labor under paint work. Body shop listed damages at $7200 as ASE mechanics labor is much higher. The total hours match, and they go by the same book, but Travelers says they will not pay the higher mechanics rate for the mechanics work and that I'll have to. They (Travelers) know there is a difference between painting and mechanics but they want to stick by their adjuster who either intentionally or unintentionally slipped in the wrong labor rate. Travelers knows it's wrong, but refuses to do anything about it. STAY AWAY from Travelers.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information