2. Automotive

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers Auto Insurance offers liability, collision and comprehensive coverage, personal injury protection, medical payments coverage and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Optional coverage is available for rentals, roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and ride sharing.

Travelers Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

We moved to PA a little more than a year ago and had to find our new auto coverage. We stopped in at a local agency and the representative found us the most extensive coverage for far less than we paid in NY.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Have been insured with Travelers for 5 years. They have taken very good care of us. Both my wife and I have had accidents. They did an excellent job on handling our claims. That is why you buy Insurance. Plus in this uncertain times I know they are an A+ company.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The only times I really had to use my Travelers insurance was to continuously have my poor car towed after being broken down. They have such a quick and amazing process. You call, go through the automated service, then they text you a link so you can check the progress of the tow truck coming to your location. My previous insurance company definitely didn't offer that!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Just switched to them from USAA. Although USAA was great they were a little pricey and we needed to save money. Went through a broker who found this great rate. Haven't needed to file any claims yet. They give options for payment.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Consistently the best rates I've been given out of all others. And never any problems with customer service, which is not something I can say about Progressive (worst customer service experience and they tried to add coverage I did not need nor want!). Been with Travelers now for three years. Very happy.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I think that my issues are likely more related to my insurance broker than with Travelers directly. Travelers has always come through and paid when we have had incidents. We have all of our insurance bundled with Travelers.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I was in A car accident involving A red light runner who hit me A week ago. My car is still not in A shop and not drivable as I have no headlight on one side and turn signals do not work (additionally the driver assist sensors were damaged and do not work). And today I received A notice of cancellation in the mail. My vehicle is not repaired nor have I received A check to cover damages.

I had 2 cars and homeowners with them, never missed (or even late) on payments, never had A ticket, never had A claim, This accident was not my fault either, but they decide to cancel me.... What!? Absolutely the worst insurance company. Stay clear of them! [As A side note it appears that my states revised statutes are clear on how and why and insurance company can cancel A customer Travelers is in violation of this law - will be filing A complaint with the insurance board in the morning and consulting an attorney.]

Original review: July 2, 2020

On 6/1/20 their member struck me from behind and instead of paying me they (KERRY) absolutely positively suggested I go rack up more BILLS because apparently the claim was too low. Glad I'm not a member. I've NEVER heard of that.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Called for roadside assistance for flat tire at 11 am. The towing company was suppose to text or call with an ETA, waited almost and hour nothing. It was in the 80's in the sun in a parking lot. I called the only number I have for travelers. I had to start all over jump thru hoops to get to roadside again was told tow driver would be there in 20 minutes 45 minutes I called again. Oh goody the truck broke. I'm at Over 2 hours now in Walmart parking lot in Columbia MO. Now they will try another company another hour and someone MIGHT show up. I bought the insurance and yet my name isn't on the policy. Never an apology never any sense of urgency just wait for hours that's the best Travelers can do. I bought the policy and I am getting a new company. One that's not run by neanderthals and my name will be on the policy. I would suggest calling any roadside assistance especially Travelers every 10 minutes. Shameful.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Worst insurance company I ever had to deal with. Make a long story short, they were the insurance company of a company I filed a claim against. The company refunded my money and asked me to get estimates. I got 5! for the damages caused by their product. The claims rep. refused to pay the claim, even though the company admitted liability. I asked to speak to the claims rep's boss. He never even extended the courtesy of investigating and calling me back. Terrible customer service!

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information