Find the Best Match

Travelers Auto Insurance
3.69/5
Based on 152 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Find the Best Match

Compare Quotes and Save on Auto Insurance

FIND MY MATCH

284 Travelers Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was a passenger in a car accident - driver (with Travelers insurance) was at fault. I was injured. The claims rep led to believe that Travelers would be taking care of paying back what my personal medical insurance paid. I was paid a settlement for my personal healthcare bills and some extra for time off work/compensation. Basically I found out 4 months later that Travelers lied to me. They never took care of the insurance subrogation and now I have to pay $1000 to my insurance (which is a lot on my salary; I already spent the rest of the settlement on my car repairs {my car wasn’t involved in the accident}).

My insurance agent made them send us a copy of the documentation showing that subrogation was included in the settlement. I was never sent this documentation and the rep never told me I needed to take care of my insurance. He made me think that they were taking care of that. He no longer works there so I couldn’t speak to him, but his manager wasn’t bothered at all that I’d been lied to. Didn’t even care. If you have a claim with them, demand to see everything in writing before you take any money! They will lie to you!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I am insured with Travelers for the past 4 years and I am very happy with their claims process. We had two incidents, of them one in 2016 where I hit an animal necessitating repairs to the front of the vehicle. The claims process was seamless, the adjustor from Travelers was reasonable and wanted to make sure that the hit was indeed an animal hit and not any "concrete or steel animal". I liked his overall humor, he let us choose our collision center and we chose to be paid for OEM parts only, and he acceded. We took the car to the Mercedes-Benz Collision Center and all costs were completely covered between the collision center and Travelers. No questions were asked and our insurance rates didn't increase.

Recently, we bought another used car (4 year old Sedan), and called Travelers for insurance. We were dismayed to find that our insurance rate for that car would be $100 every month which is almost double of the other cars we have insured through them. So we are not happy and started looking for alternatives, and found several options for $50-60 cheaper per month. I have liked Travelers, so I am debating whether I will leave them, but it seems that this time, I will have to leave as their quote is too high (higher than almost all other quotes I received) except for Metlife.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My parents had Travelers Auto Insurance so I got them too. The process was super simple. I sent an email, asked for a quote, they sent me a quote and I completed everything online so it didn't cost me time having to take off work. I like that my rates last year seemed pretty low or decent which was nice with me being young and recently off my parents' policy. However, it really bothers me that my insurance policy went up $13 this year and I have had no accidents and no claims in my vehicle is now a year older. I figure my rates go up because now I'm paying for all of the people who put in claims from Houston and Florida and California because of all the natural disasters and all of their claims I'm suffering now which is just not fair.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Purchasing from Travelers Auto Insurance was very easy. I called in to get a free quote and had insurance within 10 minutes. They have top notch customer service. Any time I have called in with a question or an issue, they helped with no problem. I also have a son, and they helped with getting him insurance. The only dislike is that I called one day to check on roadside assistance and they do not offer that. Other than that, if I needed anything, they would be more than willing to help.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I never had any issues with Travelers Auto Insurance from the day I first called them to now. I like that the customer service is well and prompt with any and all issues I may have. Many times I have called for question and had them answered immediately. Everything has been taken care of in a professional manner anytime I have called. The overall price isn't too bad but I would prefer it to be a little bit lower for being a customer as long as I have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: June 19, 2018

Overall, the entire policy purchasing process at Travelers was relatively stress-free. I like that they have knowledgeable representatives and an informative website. No questions was remain unanswered.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I like the coverage Travelers Auto Insurance provides. They are reliable and reasonably priced. I also like the extras that are included at no additional cost. Also, I really enjoy the mobile app and the ease of access that my company provides. Travelers does an excellent job in customer service as well as their representatives are friendly and helpful. However, I dislike that I don't always get a quick response back in regards to claims. I also don't like that sometimes when I make payments it doesn't always post automatically. I have to always call to see if my auto payment was accepted.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The policy I have is Travelers and they provide a very thorough policy that not only covers me but my passengers. Luckily, my insurance man works in my office so we have a personal relationship. They provide the best customer service. However, I am not a huge fan of the prices as it is expensive. I wish that someone else not under my policy is covered under my insurance if they are driving my car.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We were switching from another company because the rate kept increasing. The Travelers agent we talked to was thorough, knowledgeable and helpful in getting our policy switched over and at an affordable price. I am thoroughly impressed and satisfied with Travelers' customer service. It is very rare to have helpful representatives these days, but every time I call I am treated well, quickly and efficiently. Their customer service is outstanding. I am very appreciative of their effort and commitment to customers. Overall, I am very satisfied with the company. They have been excellent in all services and offerings.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Travelers Auto Insurance was offered through my work and the purchasing process went very well. They gave a small discount and also do payroll deductions so I do not need to worry about sending in a payment. But they recently sent me a letter stating there may be other drivers in my household and that if I did not fill out the questionnaire they may raise my rates. My daughter changed her last name which was one and the other was my brother sending his mail to my house while his was getting built. I do not feel it is any of their business who is at my house and I wonder how they got that information. But so far there have not been any issues with them and they have been helpful when needed. They are very friendly and personal. My daughter was in a small fender bender and they called several times to make sure everything was alright and taken care of for both my daughter and also the person that she rear ended.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I walked into a local agent's office and she sold me a Travelers policy. It was very simple to do. As far as my overall experience it was great. I liked the price, and they were right on top of any claims that I made. Very easy to work with, too. I was happy with the service and I had no complaints about the company, only the agent, she is why I changed companies. After my divorce she became very rude towards me and told me that I couldn't be insured by Travelers anymore and would have to change to a company that was 3 times the price.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It's easy to purchase a policy from Travelers Auto Insurance and the paperwork for obtaining a policy was simple. They work with my local insurance agency which is convenient and made the transition to Traveler's easy. Also, their pricing is very reasonable for my spouse and I. They offer discounts for multi-policy which is nice for homeowners and their coverage is good for the price. What I didn't like though is the pricing for my teenager. The quotes were through the roof for her so we ended up purchasing a separate policy for her with a different vendor. She is an honor student and attended a reputable driver's ed course which I though would help but it did not.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Travelers Auto Insurance has friendly customer service. Customer service has always been very helpful when I have questions. Patient and understanding my confusion and concerns and explaining how bundling policies work, and how much of a discount I get. I love being able to use the automatic payments and that they gave me a discount with multiple accounts. I can also find all of my policy information online and even print my insurance cards from my account. But I've had a hard time reviewing my policy and agreeing to it when it's time for a renewal or when I updated something.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Travelers has really good coverage for all types of customer needs. It has been basically in cruise control since I've had it, and it's never let me down. All in all they treat their customers well. Their policy was really easy to obtain which was exceedingly nice. Additionally they have always been very fair with their prices. For instance my prices have gone down each year since being with Travelers and I haven't contacted them at all to do so. But my biggest grievance with Travelers insurance company is the difficulty they impose on their customers when trusting to switch addresses. There is no way that any process should be so hard.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have no faith in any insurance companies. They are very much all about protecting their bottom line and no matter which one they are too big they raise rates constantly. All should be more regulated. I was stopped was hit my new car. Travelers handled it successfully but then raised my insurance. Travelers' typical and not for me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

It was easy to purchase from Travelers Auto Insurance over the phone. It is also easy to file a claim and to get it started. They will go over every step with you. Had a rental car right away. Their insurance is cheap too. However, they didn't get the policy right and excluded certain things that I asked for. Travelers did not stick up for me in an accident I was involved in when it wasn't my fault. I got the run around when my top denture got broke and it never got repaired. They are slow with getting claims started yet they want to settle claims way too quick. They have horrible customer service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I switched to Travelers Insurance last year and they gave me a better rate than my carrier at that time. After few months they increased my rate 30 percent and now again increased by almost 40 percent. It's horrible how they give a good rate to have the customer switch and then increase later on. Unethical tactics.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've had the same insurance for years and years and the customer service has been pretty good. My broker helps me to access needs and decide if I need to up amounts. They have affordable coverage and I like the app they have in case there's an incident. I have my insurance card and can file a claim easily. But I dislike that their roadside assistance only covers the vehicle that is insured. Coincidentally, the ONLY time I've needed it was when I had to swap cars with my dad and they couldn't send anyone out.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Travelers Auto Insurance's bundled with my home insurance so the cost is cut down and affordable. They also offer roadside assistance which is always helpful in case something comes up. I've been pretty satisfied with the insurance. I would definitely like to download the app if they have one in case of emergencies. Overall experience was very easy and pleasant. I shopped and purchased through my mortgage broker and she worked with me to find the right policy for mine and my car's needs.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Unfortunately, I have had to contact Travelers twice for auto claims and once for jewelry theft. Their professionalism is amazing. The first time I had to contact them, my 17 year old son had an accident and totaled our small car. The SUV in front of him had to suddenly hit her brakes and he did not stop in time. The other driver said she was fine, but the moment her husband showed up at the scene, he rushed her to a chiropractor. Her car, believe it or not, only suffered bumper damage. But the accident was enough for her to claim damages against us beyond the bumper repair. There were several Travelers' reps handling each step of the process. The person responsible for communicating with the other driver and settling the claim against us, kept us informed and remained calm the entire time. She understood my frustration and fear.

About nine months later, she had resolved the issue and settled the claim. Her constant reassurance that she had many years of experience in working these types of claims and reassurance that she was working hard for us really helped reduce my anxiety. I really appreciated her professionalism. The next claim was against my jewelry rider. I had placed my wedding ring in a small container to wash dishes. The next day, I had two appliance installers come by to install a new oven. My mother and I were in the kitchen the entire time. They were in and out within 15 minutes because they said they couldn't do the work due to warranty issues. I think in the few seconds I bent down to sign the work order that the job could not be done, is when one of the guys snatched my ring out of its place. I never even thought about my ring just sitting there.

After they left, I got ready to leave and it was then I realized my ring was missing. I searched for that ring all day. I couldn't believe that he could have stolen my ring while I was right in the kitchen! I called the owner of the company, filed a police report and called Travelers. I wasn't going to file a claim because I kept hoping for a miracle. But the Travelers rep suggested I do so. Even though I didn't get my ring back, Travelers paid me the value of the stolen ring within two weeks and I was able to replace it with a similar one. It was very painful to have someone steal my wedding ring, but Travelers' prompt payment to replace my ring, helped me deal with it and appreciate that there are others who still do right thing. Finally, last year someone hit my son in a parking lot. The other driver thought it was a small repair and didn't want me to report it.

He offered to pay for it. However, when I took the car for an estimate, I was told it would be about $2000. I had no choice but to report it because he was not going to pay the $2000 repair. As it turned out, he denied being at fault. Before I arrived at the scene, he had my son move the car and my son did not take photos right away. Teens are shaken up, no matter how small the accident. The other driver's insurance company denied the claim. I was forced to pay my deductible to have the car repaired. I was contacted by Travelers several times that they would try to recoup my money. I gave up hope. It's about 10 months later and I just received a check for my deductible. I was shocked and very pleased.

Travelers never gave up working for me. I know this is a long review, but I wanted to share how Travelers worked for me in these three different scenarios. Sure, the auto claims were not resolved in days, but the fact is, they never gave up working for me. They kept me informed. They remained calm when I was upset. They were professional. And by the way, my rates remained competitive. I have stayed with Travelers for many many years now, and hope to stay with them for a long time. Thank you Travelers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I did like Travelers car insurance because they had many options to pay my car insurance! I had the option to pay over the phone, online or in person!! Sometimes I would pay in person because sometimes I would have to wait til the last possible day to pay it! The features online were so easy to use! Once you learn to sign on you can never forget!! Customer service was always ready online to help you if you had any questions. Usually it took a day or two to have it account updated! If you found any errors, they fixed it right away

Other than that, the insurance company should reward drivers for good driving records! There are other companies out there that reward drivers for good driving! If you have good driving for 6 months at a time, they should take money off your next month insurance! Or some companies give you $100 off their deductible if you had an accident! Also, when a person has an accident, they should have a rep come to the auto mechanic with in 1 day of the accident. I never had to have them come to an accident, just knew someone who did. It took them 3 days to come look at the car.

My overall experience of the company was ok. I had paid a lot for my first car insurance company! Travelers was the only company to give me a chance. But my insurance was a lot of money! That's why after 3 years of Travelers promising me to lower my insurance year after year, I went to Geico! I actually saved 1,200 for the first year with Geico! Although Travelers had some good points, I just hope they changed their shatter a little.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I purchase this insurance through a broker who has my best interests at heart. I have purchased other insurance through them and have been well served. Fair pricing is very important as well as good service and I feel that I receive both from Travelers. I also feel secure that they will honor claims fairly and in a timely manner. But of course, I would love to have my rate lowered and would appreciate more considerations for my outstanding record and low mileage if possible.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have been with Travelers over five years. It was part of my employment. They bundle, provide excellent customer service and are reasonably cheaper than others... Also they provide good information on what is the best when it comes to fixing your car. It provided me substantial reduction in payments but since I have been with them I haven't seen where they offer any reductions unless I go up on my deductibles. I don't like that. Also, they should have better rates for good drivers and should provide lower rates for long standing clients that does not have accidents. Moreover, they also should provide two payments instead of one for homeowners policy.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Travelers is great to deal with, had emergency while out of state with flat tire, had roadside assistance thru them and they were helpful in finding help to tow and transport my family... Their app is great to use too. However, I wish my insurance policy was a little cheaper... with discounts for time with them I know there is one. Just wish it was more and one for accident free... 7 yrs no claims should reward for that. Never had an accident so rate hasn't changed. Still have them for home too cheaper than other ones. First insurance company and overall very happy with them.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Despite never being ticketed or in an accident, almost every company wanted to charge me $300/month for a used car, purely based on my age. I am young and poor so price matters a lot to me. Travelers Auto Insurance was the best policy I could get for the cheapest rate, but they could be cheaper. They have 100 mile range for roadside assistance and a great bundle deal. The agents are super friendly and windshield claims are easy to file. However, they're very difficult to communicate with over the phone, I'm constantly being redirected. They also failed to send over a copy of my policy to the bank for 3 months straight due purely to miscommunication and laziness, nearly forcing me to get Gap insurance.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Travelers is easy to work with. Their website is user friendly and very accommodating. I also like that I can call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and get help with any problem and any questions I have. They really try to fix my issues. I also like that they have people answer and not robots. However, they charge a $3.50 monthly handling fee because I have payment automatically withdrawn which I wish they did not. I pay a lot of money for insurance and I feel that the additional $3.50 is ridiculous.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I like the price and everything that comes with it. You get a good amount for the price. Travelers Auto Insurance is great and treats its customers pretty good. The people are also nice. They care about their customers but we'll have to see how it goes down when/if I get into an accident.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Travelers Auto Insurance offers a multitude of insurance options to select from and covers both car and home in one policy. It was easy to follow and there was no high pressure to buy from this company. However, it's a little high in premiums. Nevertheless, the ability to find the right combination of coverage was easy and the language of the policy was easy to follow. It met all my insurance needs in one complete package with easy to understand language. I would recommend this insurance company to my family and friends.

Original review: June 7, 2018

It was super easy setting up auto insurance with Travelers. All I needed was a VIN on my new vehicle and I was only on the phone for 10 minutes. I was surprised at the great rates and customer service. They are easy to work with and considerate regarding my time. It's a plus that the customer service rep was American as well. But having complete self service accessible through the website would be helpful. And what's weird is not having an agent that I can sit knee to knee and go through my policy and ask questions, but knowing how quickly I can get in touch with someone is reassuring.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I really like my auto insurance and the features I enjoy are the automatic deductions. I dont have to remember to go on the website and set up a payment every month. I also like my insurance agent. We haven't had much interaction, but what we have has been good. I find it's very inexpensive, but I would probably make it even less expensive. I have found cheaper policies but I don't qualify for them. Other than that, everything including the process has been easy to do and not stressful. Their policy information has been easily read.

Not sure about Travelers Auto Insurance?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Insurance for you.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information

Travelers
www.travelers.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business