Travelers Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I got in an accident. It was my word against the other driver. We both ended up having to pay for our own even though it was his fault (he hit me from the back). I decided to turn in the claim. Travelers paid $1600 for the accident. My first claim and they immediately almost doubled my premium. I have been very fortunate (and hope to continue being) and have never had a claim in my nearly 20 year history. I am a very conservative and prudent driver. Travelers is awful. Don't do business with them.

The worst costumer service in this planet. I have never insured my car with this company and I never will. The person who hit me my car did. It took two weeks after the accident to get approved for a rental car, which I couldn't get until my car was picked-up. Then, I receive the check six days after that, but the rental was for only 7 days (according to the insurance agent). I received the check Saturday afternoon, Monday was a holiday; therefore, the check was going to show in my account on Tuesday and was going to clear in 3 to 5 business days. I already put a down payment on a car, but I couldn't get it out of the lot until I paid the whole amount. I wasn't financing the car. I spoke to the same agent and explained the situation.

I only needed four more days of the rental so I can go to work since I just received the check. Besides, I just moved for work to this state and I didn't really know anyone or have any relatives here. I already took a few days off because of the accident and I couldn't take another week off. The agent replied: you pay for the rental because I am done with you! By far, the worst customer service ever!!! I was a customer service manager for several years before this new job and I've never spoke or treated anyone disrespectfully.

My car was hit while parked by their insured driver who was drunk and arrested for d.u.i. She totaled my van. Travelers has mislead since day one. The voicemail will say the office is closed. Any person you speak with will tell you they are not who to talk to even though the number called is the number given to speak to a Travelers person. They told me 3-4 days after they receive title, I will get my check. 7 days after title was received, I get a runaround. Every person says check was cut. 2 weeks later nothing. The Florida office tells me 2 weeks after title was received it will be 4-8 days.

The adjuster was a rude piece of **. Underpaid. Lied and told me I should be thankful she was insured. Listen **, you should be thankful she was or you would not have a job. I would hate to be insured by them. They lie, mislead and speak down to you as if they are above laws, rules and common decency. Fake company, fake news. Must be owned by Trump.

I was rear ended on my way to work by a truck whose driver wasn't paying attention. He was charged and I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I have lost my house due to Travelers not reimbursing me for missed time from work, they say that because I did partially work, that I'm entitled to nothing. I was deemed not at fault but they are refusing to pay anything. I was sent a cheque for four dollars! Four dollars!!! The tally to the amount of money I am out as of today is over 5 thousand dollars. It took forever to get my cheque for my car and I had to literally beg for an extension on the rental. To get a similar car, I had to wipe out my savings.

Since then I have been at physio due to concussion and nerve damage but they will NOT pay a dime for that. So my wages from the time of accident to now, I am missing a lot of money. Nope, they won't cover that so I have lost my residence as of Feb 28. I had to go above to a supervisor and wanted my case reviewed again, which they are going to do but I am not hopeful. And to top it off, I was sent the personal, confidential medical records of someone else! Ooops! I've had to retain the services of a lawyer because of how badly this company has treated me, I'm in the process of getting other insurance quotes so I can leave. If I'm in another accident, I'm screwed... since I'll be now living in my car thanks to this awful, AWFUL company.

Our car was stolen from our driveway and used for drugs, joy riding, wrecked 5 times with damage to all sides of the car. We even believe that someone had sex in the car and left behind the proof! Stolen for 32 day and 15K miles add to the odometer. Sounds like a total loss to me but TRAVELERS Insurance is forcing me to take this car back and put my wife and two kids back in it. We are beyond disappointed and at a loss as to why this company would do this.

On day 32 (2 days after they started cutting the check) the car was found and TRAVELERS decided that it should be fixed. $3K ($15K in damages) from being a total loss and now I have to put my family back into this trashed car. The Police even told us the car would never be SAFE from the CRACK and METH that was done inside. TRAVELERS wants me to put my kids back into this car with only a detail clean on the inside. $280. My family is worth was more than $3K and $280 dollar cleaning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

I feel they are a good insurance company, but like most can always be better. I feel insurance cost way too much and that people should get more discounts especially if they don't have any past claims.

I was looking to change my car insurance company from a very liberal company Progressive to a more conservative backed company. I went to AMAC where I found out about Travelers Insurance. When I called to complete the transaction of setting up my policy, Travelers Insurance explained that their policy requires me to put my boyfriend on my policy and he never drives my cars nor would I allow him to drive them. He has his own vehicle which is 10 years newer than mine and he has his own insurance but they would not write a policy unless he is on it. Totally ridiculous. Well, though I'm not happy about Progressive's politics, it seems that I'm better off with them since their service has been good thus far.

My daughter called for roadside assistance - Don’t trust them. They are low on the service provider. She waited 4 hours and we called repeatedly - They kept telling us the truck was on its way and then 45 minutes later we called back and they kept repeating the same and told her she could not leave the car. Then they told us to leave the car with the key on the tire so they could tow it but they were not responsible or my daughter should just continue to wait. They lied and lied and lied repeatedly all day. When she said she needed to leave and would call the next day they SUPERVISOR hung up on us, not we will schedule it for tomorrow NOTHING. I am so disgusted - I'm changing all my insurance. The lady treated it like it was our fault - and when I raised my voice they told me I shouldn't be - My daughter in the middle of Columbia SC in the freezing cold for 4.5 hours missed all her classes to wait and shouldn't be upset with all the LIES!!!

Organized. Smooth process. They always want their money back in premium. You pay still, just deferred. Good feedback from claims handlers.

Bait and switch. They will quote you one price online, then tell you when you call to get the policy that they can't issue insurance at the price quoted. They'll say the online system quotes the "silver" package and over the phone they quote the "gold" package and actually cannot sell you the silver package.

Had auto insurance on 4 vehicles, for a little over a year. No claims, premiums paid on time by automatic deposit. Apparently Travelers didn't like the way my sons car was titled. They canceled ALL coverage without contacting my insurance agent or myself. The only way we found out was my wife went to my agents office to get a copy of an insurance card. He found the policies were canceled in September... It was the 1st day of December when she went in. No coverage for 3 months! Even my agent was flabbergasted, and could prove he had never been contacted. Thank God we didn't have a wreck in that time period, we could have been ruined.

Now we are limited to what coverage we can get because we had "a lapse of coverage". Now my coverage is doubled for 6 months. I'm punished for something I could have changed, (name on title) or even dropped my son from my insurance and put him on his own policy. Not even a phone call. You would think that if a company is going to cancel something as important as auto insurance on 4 vehicles that would have to send a registered letter... Nothing. Travelers sucks. Never again, and I will tell everyone I know how terrible they are.

We had Travelers for two properties & auto insurance for years. We found auto insurance that was $100 less per month with Geico, so we wanted to change to save the money. Travelers said that they would drop the property insurance if we didn't keep the auto insurance with them. I felt like we were being blackmailed. Needless to say, we moved all of our insurance. Then they turned a payment over to a collection agency, that I didn't think we owned as it was after our account was closed. We are NEVER late on payments. It was the worst experience ever.

I want to say I had a girl slam into my car as it was parked in front of my home. I was inside thank god, but from the time I talked to the claims agent on thru the adjuster I was totally satisfied as how I was treated. I called in distress because now I had no car and due to all my doctors and so on they gave me a rental and came out as soon as possible and the adjuster also was very nice. They have made a horrible day turn into a sigh of relief. Just want to thank those whom were involved with helping me get my car fixed. Again I am thankful for their professional way of helping me.

Spoke with a very rude Stacey **. After getting run around with this company a 65 yr old hit my parked car busted the axle on it. Neighborhood people saw the old gentleman hit the car. He totaled his car now. I sit at home not able to make any money due to my car be wrecked. See, us uber drivers require car to work. Now they are saying they won't pay so I'm lawyering up the people who watched the old guy hit my parked car. Have no problem testifying. Police should've taken his license and locked him up. Now my kids will go without a Christmas due to this guy and his nonefficient insurance agency. If you want an agency that gets ** done go progressive and screw you travelers ins.

My vehicle was totaled by another car whose driver was insured by Travelers. The claims agent from Travelers has been abusive, insulting, and just plain belligerent. The driver that was insured by Travelers was cited by the Colorado Patrol for reckless driving. The injuries sustained by my wife could be very severe. Travelers has treated like crap. Beware!!!

Travelers is the worst insurance I had to deal with. Very very poor and weird customer service. Someone hit my car from behind and I had to deal with this insurance... I can not even talk now. I'm so mad and I don't recommend this insurance to anyone.

I am SO ANGRY! In early March, I dropped my girlfriend off my auto policy. Travelers said I could not do it without making up a whole new policy! Since when can anyone not take a vehicle off their policy!?? Travelers sent my girlfriend a bill at her parents' address for a policy they started for her without her knowledge or agreement! They asked me for the information supposedly to contact her in regard to starting her policy. Yeah, that NEVER happened. Travelers sent her to Collections. She received a letter from a collection agency in August for coverage never paid from the date I dropped her until I changed my insurance company to AAA on June 5th!! How does that work!?

So that same day as I said, I started a new policy in my name only. I had weekly payments removed from my paycheck. It works great. I don't have to worry about sending in money. In June, I went with AAA. I called Travelers on 3-way with the AAA agent and switched over my car insurance. The week after my girlfriend called and complained to Travelers about her bill for insurance she never asked for, I also received a bill from a collection agency for monies owed to Travelers!!!

After my initial explosion, I called Travelers and vehemently explained how it was impossible I owed any money whatsoever as I had payroll deductions. I also called and switched insurance on June 5th. The agent never said a word about outstanding money owed then!! I asked why they didn't say anything then, or at least send me a letter or a bill...something!! They said they did!! Here's the kicker folks: They sent the notices to her MOTHER'S HOUSE! Yeah, that's right. They set me up with a new policy. It did not go back to payroll deduction. It did not get separated from my girlfriend. I had NO idea that I owed them money until I looked at my pay stubs!!!

Travelers ADMITTED they were wrong. They admitted they did not set up my policy properly. They sent mail to the wrong address. They never called me AT ALL, then I even switched companies. Still wasn't told even when changing to AAA!! Travelers Insurance is one of the most screwed up companies I have ever dealt with. I still have my homeowner's policy with them. I am worried!! They have messed with my credit, put me in a bad situation, and offered nothing as a solution.

This is the worst company out there. Do not buy any kind of insurance from travellers. Don't let their low initial premium suck you in, after year or two. They will "audit" and raise your premium 2 or 3 folds even though I have not have any claims at all. My premium went up from 1800 to 5400 the 3rd or 4th year. I have to cancel my insurance (I was stupid not to cancel right away, I waited till the policy ends). However, they still "audit" and bill me $1800.00 more for ended policy!!! Again, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

I was rear-ended on July 25, 2016. Myself and five children was transported to the hospital. The adjuster refused to pay medical bills and made a offer for five hundred dollars. I ask that our medical bills be paid by their policyholder, which was found at fault from the police report. Travelers Insurance Company is still refusing to pay medical bills. My family and I would never had these medical bills if the driver of Travelers Insurance Company was paying attention. Now Travelers Insurance Company is stating they are not paying the medical bills from the accident on July 25, 2016 caused by their policyholder. No justice for a single mother of five.

My car was parked on a side street. Travelers insured hit my car to avoid a squirrel!! Most likely she was texting and speeding. Travelers said the car was totaled. Now I am having a hard time getting someone to return calls. VERY POOR SERVICE. Believe me I wish my car was not hit, but give fair market price on a car that was well taken care of. How do I know you will send check, if I send title? I would like to speak to someone. They do not like to return calls at all.

I had a car accident on 7/20/16 (just over 4 weeks ago). My car is a total loss. After MULTIPLE emails and phone calls with no response, I still do not have a check from Travelers. My rental is due back at Enterprise early next week and I will have no way of getting back and forth to work. I finally called my insurance agent who was able to get a hold of someone from your office. Their excuse was, "They're busy with all the hail damage claims." NOT MY PROBLEM! I will be sure to spread the word to everyone I know and every media outlet, not to use Travelers, nor will I be using Travelers Insurance on my new vehicle (if I'm ever able to get a check from your company). I'm disgusted with your company and so-called customer service.

Recently got an auto quote on a Monday, I was impressed that it was cheaper than Geico. After setting up my account I was told they would call me on Wed afternoon to set up my autopay (begin coverage), they never called. A week later I called back, had to go thru the entire process again. After telling the lady my past experience she assured me that it wouldn't happen again and that she would guarantee that she would call me back Wed (payday) to start the autopay (begin coverage), believe it or not "No Call". I guess they don't want my business or they just don't care.

If I'm having this much trouble simply trying to open a policy I can only imagine what I would go thru if I had a accident claim. Also, before calling a 3rd time I decided to read their reviews. Thanks everyone, including the 2 salesman who didn't return my call to start my policy. *Lesson: You get what you pay for. I'm sticking with Geico a little high but excellent service.

I was hit by a Travelers insured driver. They are at fault. Horrible fix on my car and suffered depreciation due to having a bad Carfax, not of my fault. Travelers did exactly what I thought non caring company would do and that was nothing. Not even politely. If I ever need insurance Travelers will never be my choice. Horrible customer service and not caring attitude.

Someone insured by Travelers rear-ended my car. The estimator came to take a look. I definitely felt like the estimator by Traveler's insurance tried to short change me by trying to reuse parts, and telling me where to go to fix my car. Their homeowner and car rates are very high as well. A while back I shopped around for insurance company and they had some of the highest rates.

My motorcycle got knocked over by one of Travelers' customers. Chad at Travelers told me to go to the Harley-Davidson Dealership to get an estimate for repair. I took my motorcycle down and left it 4 days to get the estimate, picked it up and came home. Now I have two men two hours time invested for the trip and 4 days without my motorcycle. The estimate was not what Chad and Travelers was expecting so they sent an adjuster out, it would have been easier to send the adjuster out in the first place, but it's a nickel and dime company. Save a few bucks if they can get the estimate they want.

So the adjuster Mark cuts the estimate down. Believe it or not Seacoast Harley-Davidson quoted a part at $108.95 and Mark repriced it at around $106. Really? We are talking about a $27 billion dollar company, sad and pathetic. So they screwed me out of about $1000 when all was said and done. Hey mister Travelers' president now you have gas for your yacht, congrats!!!

On March 12, 2016 my adult daughter who lives in my home and was under my auto policy plead guilty to: Physical Control/Suspension. On May 31, 2016 I received a letter from Travelers stating that my policy was being cancelled effective July 4, 2016. The letter also included a line stating "I had undoubtedly been contacted by my agent." I was never contacted by anyone so I contacted Travelers. The lady I spoke with who was in a no win situation was very nice. She pulled up the notes and confirmed that nobody had attempted to contact me on a decision made in early April.

I understand why they would drop my daughter. She made a mistake and has been dealing with the consequences. What I don't understand why they would treat 2 other drivers with 90+ years of driving experience this poorly. At the very least they could have contacted me back in April instead of waiting until the last moment.

I had Travelers Insurance for a few months and then found out Nationwide Insurance was much cheaper for the same coverage. I called Travelers Insurance to cancel my monthly payment and that I started with Nationwide Insurance on April 10, 2016. Well they took out a payment on April 18, 2016, so I had to call and have them reimburse me, because I canceled 8 days earlier. According to them they had no record of me calling. So therefore, I had to cancel my policy again. This time I actually filled out a paper to cancel. Well May 18, 2016 comes and they take out yet another monthly payment. Not only are they taking out my monthly payment twice after I canceled. But since I wasn't aware of them doing this my account went into the negative and I was charged $36 NSF fee for both charges that were supposed to be canceled.

So I call them yet again, to tell them. They said I have a refund coming for the payment, but it's not their fault I got charged $72 in NSF fees. I thought that since I called three times now to finally cancel a payment that should've been canceled three times now, I would at least get my $72 dollars back in NSF fees. Travelers Insurance said "No we will NOT refund you for your overdraft fees. That is on you not Travelers." I am a single mother of 2 kids. I don't have extra money in my account for a company I canceled with three times. $72 is a big deal for me. I have never ever had such a huge problem canceling something, and them saying I didn't call is another way for them to cover their own **. I would never ever recommend Travelers Insurance to my worst enemy (if I had one). Very poor customer services and horrible experience with them. I would attach information to this but it would only be my bank statement and I would rather not do that.

After a heavy hail in my area I've called Travelers Insurance to file a claim. An adjuster came and gave me an estimate for my vehicle. He stated that I can have my vehicle repaired at any repair facility of my choice. The repair shop I chose informed me that my hood needs to be replaced regarding close to a 100 impact points caused by hail. I insisted the usage of oem factory part. The shop called the adjuster who said, the hood can be replaced only with aftermarket part because the customer signed the agreement in his contract. Also he told the shop to call him when the hood arrives and he'll come and take the hood to get it painted. After this the repair shop didn't accept the repair of my vehicle because of quality guaranties. This is absolutely ridiculous and I'm VERY disappointed at Travelers Auto Insurance. I advise everyone not to chose Travelers Insurance!!

This is possibly the worst insurance you can get. They are very expensive and don't want to pay out if anything happens. Last year I cracked my front bumper and decided to have the insurance pay for it since I do have insurance. Well guess what, with even a clean driving record they decided to terminate my policy!!! Well they did me a favor because I now pay 200$ a month less for my insurance through Geico for my home and auto. So Travelers is a horror, but if you don't believe me try for yourself.

This is the worst insurance company I have ever been with. I was directed there through an agent who promised me that if I bundle my renters insurance and auto insurance as well as payroll deductions, I would get a greater discount. After an hour on the phone, we agreed to the price of $1548. In two months, my coverage jumps to $1825.2 without sending me any notification. When I tried to reach out to them to get answers, I was given the old run around ("drop calls", line transfer, long hold, voice mails) you name it. As a result, I decided to terminate the service. They continue to send me a bill and threaten to take me to the collection agency (ruin my credit score) if I did not pay. I called them again to investigate the reasons why my insurance balloon without my knowledge. They replied that they need "proof of continuous coverage" prior to their service. I called up my old insurance company and send them my documents.

They told me that this was all they needed and that I will be given a refund back. I hear nothing for the next 2 days and decided to email them. They told me that because my coverage did not meet their expectations, they cannot honor that refund. I did more research on this company and found that I am not alone. There are many others who are scammed by this evil corporation TRAVELERS. They will give you what you want to hear and increase the cost behind your back due to hidden fees and missing documents that was never specified in the original agreement. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from here. I do not want innocent people to get screwed by Travelers. When it's too good to be true, it is.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Profile