Travelers Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife was involved in an accident with a Travelers Auto Insurance policyholder. She was rear ended and not at fault. It was difficult getting the adjuster to come look at our vehicle. It took multiple calls. When he did, he quoted cheap, aftermarket parts even though I requested genuine Ford parts be used. The company refused even after I complained. The other vehicle (the policy holders vehicle) was repaired with genuine GM parts at their request. Stay away from these people. They truly don't care.

I had Liberty Mutual and got a rate increase after having them as my insurance co for 53 yrs with no explanation. That was not the first time there was no communication with them and there should have been. Also their local agent was very condescending and Curt. I expect more than coverage for 53 yrs of loyalty. I received that from Travelers before I choose them as my company and their rates were less than I paid for insuring my 2000 Toyota Avalon XL. Paid $35,000 for it new and never had an accident. But speaking with Travelers' reps is always professional and very courteous. Also, agents are very knowledgeable and suggest the best coverage for the lowest cost available. I am 71 and drive a 2016 Lexus ES300h about 2500 mi a yr for about $2,800.

PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY! They have the best/cheapest automobile rate quotes, rates are low when you first buy their insurance, then at every 6 months renewal it goes up. I had insurance (auto & home) since Feb 2016 ($382/6 mos)), Aug 2016 ($360/6 mos), Feb 2017 ($394/6 mos) and now for Aug 2017 my new renewal rate ($427/6 mos)... I have had no accidents or tickets so why has my insurance rates increase every 6 months? My answer; they need to make up for other policy holders' accidents or other losses/claims so every 6 months they jack up other GOOD drivers' policies rates. I called to ask and she talking about because the rate increase in Texas. Every 6 months? BS!!! There has not been no rate increase in Texas.

Well, looks like I will be switching to another insurance company before my renewal, one that doesn't lure you in with their low rated quotes then slowly increase the rate with some lame ass excuse in order to make up for their loss from other policy holders claims or other losses/claims. I rated Customer Service - 1 STAR because of the lie the CSR told about Texas rates increases. I rated Value - 1 STAR because it's not worth every 6 mos increase for GOOD drivers. I rated Coverage - 1 STAR because the coverage rates start out cheaper that other companies but slowly increased every 6 mos til it SUCKS.

First of all, I'm a disabled vet on Social Security and Medicare. I don't have a lot of money. On Saturday June 17th my 2000 Windstar van was sitting in front of my house and was hit from behind by a Farmer insured driver and pushed 50 feet into the back of my neighbor's car. I use the van as my primary driver and I've also built a removable framework where I can just remove the two rear seats and snap the framework to the seat posts and I then have a set up for a bed, cooler, etc. for camping. I am a very meticulous person and I always keep the maintenance up to date. Two week before the accident I spent $1,300 for new struts, CV axle and had the transmission serviced. I was planning on a low budget camping trip on the Strait of Juan De Fuca in NW, Washington.

On Monday the 19th Farmers sent an appraiser to look at the damage and document the van's condition, special features and recent repairs or maintenance. My van is very well equipped with an extra sliding door, air front and back, tilt wheel, alloy wheels and the interior was spotless. I provided the recent $1300 receipts. I'd say my van was in good condition. There was one small dent in the front bumper and a small crack in the windshield before the accident. I will also say the van was deemed totaled in 2011. Because the van was such a good runner I bought it back for $800 because there was only minor cosmetic damage and needed a radiator. There was nothing that affected the running gear. I bought the parts and had it fixed to the same condition it was before that accident. (Also not my fault).

Now it's two weeks later, I've been unable to go on vacation and Farmers wants to give me $1800 noting it was totaled in 2011. To purchase another van in my area I will need to pay between $3500 and $5000. The $5000 van has 30,000 more miles than my van. I was hoping to get $2500 taking into consideration the total, the condition and the recent repairs. I feel $1800 is an insult considering the recent repairs. I'm guessing that between the appraiser and the 2 weeks the pencil pushing bean counters time to figure what they could get away with it cost Farmers $2,000 in wages. So now Farmers is going to be out about $3800 and have a very unhappy customer. I have done nothing wrong, I've been unable to go on vacation and it will probably cost me another $2,000 to replace my van. (That's the two weeks wages Farmers paid their people to screw me).

I had Utica through AAA - 2 cars $1900 full coverage! I had no problems until I added the boyfriend with not a great record. It went from $1900 to about $3000 for 3 cars fully covered. I then sold 1 car but it came down $100 and then a non renewal Letter in August! I had trouble finding a company after that but Progressive wrote us for the 2 cars for over $7000 for a 2009 Nissan in 2016!!!

4 Months in, my boyfriend had a heart attack in December and drove into a tree. Thankfully no other cars were involved with that. Immediate Bypass surgery followed by 11 days in a coma, but after joining with them and being raised to over 7 grand, with 7 months left on the policy paying almost 700 a month and once that totaled car came off they gave me back less than $200 with 8 months left!!!! And a letter stating they would not renew me.

After we leased a 2016 Subaru I shopped around and found Travelers through a broker. At first she was high. After I demanded to speak to her boss and was able to explain our situation I was able to get a new policy for around $2500. So I am very happy with Travelers, not only their pricing but their customer service has been fantastic!!!

I once filed a claim. I was not driving and the person who was hit a patch of ice and spun out and was taken to the hospital by ambulance to the ICU. As there were no other cars involved, I waited a few days to put in the claim until I could find my car and find out some of the details. After 6 hours on the phone calling every police department in Westchester County NY I finally found it with the State Police and as of Feb 14 I have yet to get a promised call back from the officer at the scene.

I worked in Collision for 14 years so once I had found the car and until I was able to see it I waited to call the Insurance Company. The accident was on a Sunday. I found the car 5 am Tuesday went to see it, knew it was totaled and Emptied it out. I called Travelers on Wednesday to put in the claim. Thursday I went to meet the adjuster at the body shop, brought him the title and all necessary information on the car including the original sticker price, showing all the options, including an aftermarket Bluetooth, maintenance receipts as well as the receipt showing that 1 week before the accident I had replaced 2 tires. I had made copies of everything to give me and by doing that I was able to get top dollar for a 2009 Nissan Murano, Less my $1000 Deductible. I received the check exactly 1 week later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Great customer service, prompt and helpful. My last claim was handled in a timely manner and without stress. They made it extremely easy for me in every aspect. I am sure there are better companies and some for less money, but I have had good experiences with Travelers Auto Insurance and all my insurances are with them so I keep what I am used to.

I had an accident, I was hit in the side while I was stopped at a red light by someone backing out of a driveway of a business. That was Feb. 2016, my car was 3 months old. I have YET to be paid, no adjuster has called. The agent Terrance that was allegedly on my case called me once, asked for information and 2 months later, no call, I called him and he said he never got the police report. So why didn't he call and get it who knows. A couple months go by and I call again, he used the same excuse and told me I could pay the deductible and it would be faster. Um NO. I was hit, nor do I want to pay.

I had all the other driver info, I had the estimate, I ended up calling his manager, and every couple months I call and say, "What is up?" and they tell me "Can you get the report"? I gave them the report number, cop's name, etc. I haven't heard from the company in months. When I had Geico they called me ASAP and got my claim paid ASAP (for another accident). This company doesn't follow up at all, I am reporting it as I want my car fixed and I shouldn't have to pay them more money as in deductible for an accident I have not one ounce of fault in. I wouldn't recommend using them.

I was a passenger in a Travelers insured car accident where we were rear ended on the freeway while at a complete stop in traffic. The driver who hit us admitted to being at fault immediately. Although they were quick to pay my friend for his vehicle, receiving the medical attention that I need as a result of my injuries from the accident has been a horrific and arduous process. Less than six months after the accident Travelers told me that they would no longer pay for any medical appointments until I had an independent medical exam through one of their contracted employees. Five months later they have yet to schedule that exam and I haven't received any coverage since.

My body continues to ache, and my claims agent has refused to respond to my calls or emails for 3 months. Other than being a cold and heartless person, the person responsible for my claim has gone so far as to accuse me that I don't require the healthcare appointments I was receiving. Non-medical Travelers employees, accusing me of not needing medical attention. It's been a nightmare and if you love yourself or the people you drive in your cars do not choose this insurance company. They are happy to accept your monthly dues, but refuse to cover their end of the bargain.

Definitely the worst insurance company I've ever dealt with. It saddens me that this process has been so strenuous and complicated. My prior MVA experiences of receiving the care that I need in order to heal have never been so challenging as with Travelers. I feel as if I have to prove, double prove and cross verify that I am in fact injured. To be scrutinized and even accused of not having physical pain contributed to a car accident on the freeway is insulting. It's been heartbreaking, dramatic, and further hurtful after an already traumatic experience. In times when I've asked for information, clarification, and education on this process, I've been met with coldness, silence, and told I cannot receive the treatment I need due to Travelers bureaucratic processes. They are the quintessential example of a corrupt insurance company happy to accept dues but unwilling to provide the coverage you've been paying for.

I was signed up for another six months of insurance and I did not ask for. Had the nerve to send me a bill for three months of coverage that I did not have. Call to complain and lied. Told me I had coverage when they knew I didn't. Total scumbags, will never use them again. Call customer service and it was totally disrespectful, no help to the customer.

I got in an accident. It was my word against the other driver. We both ended up having to pay for our own even though it was his fault (he hit me from the back). I decided to turn in the claim. Travelers paid $1600 for the accident. My first claim and they immediately almost doubled my premium. I have been very fortunate (and hope to continue being) and have never had a claim in my nearly 20 year history. I am a very conservative and prudent driver. Travelers is awful. Don't do business with them.

The worst costumer service in this planet. I have never insured my car with this company and I never will. The person who hit me my car did. It took two weeks after the accident to get approved for a rental car, which I couldn't get until my car was picked-up. Then, I receive the check six days after that, but the rental was for only 7 days (according to the insurance agent). I received the check Saturday afternoon, Monday was a holiday; therefore, the check was going to show in my account on Tuesday and was going to clear in 3 to 5 business days. I already put a down payment on a car, but I couldn't get it out of the lot until I paid the whole amount. I wasn't financing the car. I spoke to the same agent and explained the situation.

I only needed four more days of the rental so I can go to work since I just received the check. Besides, I just moved for work to this state and I didn't really know anyone or have any relatives here. I already took a few days off because of the accident and I couldn't take another week off. The agent replied: you pay for the rental because I am done with you! By far, the worst customer service ever!!! I was a customer service manager for several years before this new job and I've never spoke or treated anyone disrespectfully.

My car was hit while parked by their insured driver who was drunk and arrested for d.u.i. She totaled my van. Travelers has mislead since day one. The voicemail will say the office is closed. Any person you speak with will tell you they are not who to talk to even though the number called is the number given to speak to a Travelers person. They told me 3-4 days after they receive title, I will get my check. 7 days after title was received, I get a runaround. Every person says check was cut. 2 weeks later nothing. The Florida office tells me 2 weeks after title was received it will be 4-8 days.

The adjuster was a rude piece of **. Underpaid. Lied and told me I should be thankful she was insured. Listen **, you should be thankful she was or you would not have a job. I would hate to be insured by them. They lie, mislead and speak down to you as if they are above laws, rules and common decency. Fake company, fake news. Must be owned by Trump.

I was rear ended on my way to work by a truck whose driver wasn't paying attention. He was charged and I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I have lost my house due to Travelers not reimbursing me for missed time from work, they say that because I did partially work, that I'm entitled to nothing. I was deemed not at fault but they are refusing to pay anything. I was sent a cheque for four dollars! Four dollars!!! The tally to the amount of money I am out as of today is over 5 thousand dollars. It took forever to get my cheque for my car and I had to literally beg for an extension on the rental. To get a similar car, I had to wipe out my savings.

Since then I have been at physio due to concussion and nerve damage but they will NOT pay a dime for that. So my wages from the time of accident to now, I am missing a lot of money. Nope, they won't cover that so I have lost my residence as of Feb 28. I had to go above to a supervisor and wanted my case reviewed again, which they are going to do but I am not hopeful. And to top it off, I was sent the personal, confidential medical records of someone else! Ooops! I've had to retain the services of a lawyer because of how badly this company has treated me, I'm in the process of getting other insurance quotes so I can leave. If I'm in another accident, I'm screwed... since I'll be now living in my car thanks to this awful, AWFUL company.

Our car was stolen from our driveway and used for drugs, joy riding, wrecked 5 times with damage to all sides of the car. We even believe that someone had sex in the car and left behind the proof! Stolen for 32 day and 15K miles add to the odometer. Sounds like a total loss to me but TRAVELERS Insurance is forcing me to take this car back and put my wife and two kids back in it. We are beyond disappointed and at a loss as to why this company would do this.

On day 32 (2 days after they started cutting the check) the car was found and TRAVELERS decided that it should be fixed. $3K ($15K in damages) from being a total loss and now I have to put my family back into this trashed car. The Police even told us the car would never be SAFE from the CRACK and METH that was done inside. TRAVELERS wants me to put my kids back into this car with only a detail clean on the inside. $280. My family is worth was more than $3K and $280 dollar cleaning.

I feel they are a good insurance company, but like most can always be better. I feel insurance cost way too much and that people should get more discounts especially if they don't have any past claims.

I was looking to change my car insurance company from a very liberal company Progressive to a more conservative backed company. I went to AMAC where I found out about Travelers Insurance. When I called to complete the transaction of setting up my policy, Travelers Insurance explained that their policy requires me to put my boyfriend on my policy and he never drives my cars nor would I allow him to drive them. He has his own vehicle which is 10 years newer than mine and he has his own insurance but they would not write a policy unless he is on it. Totally ridiculous. Well, though I'm not happy about Progressive's politics, it seems that I'm better off with them since their service has been good thus far.

My daughter called for roadside assistance - Don’t trust them. They are low on the service provider. She waited 4 hours and we called repeatedly - They kept telling us the truck was on its way and then 45 minutes later we called back and they kept repeating the same and told her she could not leave the car. Then they told us to leave the car with the key on the tire so they could tow it but they were not responsible or my daughter should just continue to wait. They lied and lied and lied repeatedly all day. When she said she needed to leave and would call the next day they SUPERVISOR hung up on us, not we will schedule it for tomorrow NOTHING. I am so disgusted - I'm changing all my insurance. The lady treated it like it was our fault - and when I raised my voice they told me I shouldn't be - My daughter in the middle of Columbia SC in the freezing cold for 4.5 hours missed all her classes to wait and shouldn't be upset with all the LIES!!!

Organized. Smooth process. They always want their money back in premium. You pay still, just deferred. Good feedback from claims handlers.

Bait and switch. They will quote you one price online, then tell you when you call to get the policy that they can't issue insurance at the price quoted. They'll say the online system quotes the "silver" package and over the phone they quote the "gold" package and actually cannot sell you the silver package.

Had auto insurance on 4 vehicles, for a little over a year. No claims, premiums paid on time by automatic deposit. Apparently Travelers didn't like the way my sons car was titled. They canceled ALL coverage without contacting my insurance agent or myself. The only way we found out was my wife went to my agents office to get a copy of an insurance card. He found the policies were canceled in September... It was the 1st day of December when she went in. No coverage for 3 months! Even my agent was flabbergasted, and could prove he had never been contacted. Thank God we didn't have a wreck in that time period, we could have been ruined.

Now we are limited to what coverage we can get because we had "a lapse of coverage". Now my coverage is doubled for 6 months. I'm punished for something I could have changed, (name on title) or even dropped my son from my insurance and put him on his own policy. Not even a phone call. You would think that if a company is going to cancel something as important as auto insurance on 4 vehicles that would have to send a registered letter... Nothing. Travelers sucks. Never again, and I will tell everyone I know how terrible they are.

We had Travelers for two properties & auto insurance for years. We found auto insurance that was $100 less per month with Geico, so we wanted to change to save the money. Travelers said that they would drop the property insurance if we didn't keep the auto insurance with them. I felt like we were being blackmailed. Needless to say, we moved all of our insurance. Then they turned a payment over to a collection agency, that I didn't think we owned as it was after our account was closed. We are NEVER late on payments. It was the worst experience ever.

I want to say I had a girl slam into my car as it was parked in front of my home. I was inside thank god, but from the time I talked to the claims agent on thru the adjuster I was totally satisfied as how I was treated. I called in distress because now I had no car and due to all my doctors and so on they gave me a rental and came out as soon as possible and the adjuster also was very nice. They have made a horrible day turn into a sigh of relief. Just want to thank those whom were involved with helping me get my car fixed. Again I am thankful for their professional way of helping me.

Spoke with a very rude Stacey **. After getting run around with this company a 65 yr old hit my parked car busted the axle on it. Neighborhood people saw the old gentleman hit the car. He totaled his car now. I sit at home not able to make any money due to my car be wrecked. See, us uber drivers require car to work. Now they are saying they won't pay so I'm lawyering up the people who watched the old guy hit my parked car. Have no problem testifying. Police should've taken his license and locked him up. Now my kids will go without a Christmas due to this guy and his nonefficient insurance agency. If you want an agency that gets ** done go progressive and screw you travelers ins.

My vehicle was totaled by another car whose driver was insured by Travelers. The claims agent from Travelers has been abusive, insulting, and just plain belligerent. The driver that was insured by Travelers was cited by the Colorado Patrol for reckless driving. The injuries sustained by my wife could be very severe. Travelers has treated like crap. Beware!!!

Travelers is the worst insurance I had to deal with. Very very poor and weird customer service. Someone hit my car from behind and I had to deal with this insurance... I can not even talk now. I'm so mad and I don't recommend this insurance to anyone.

I am SO ANGRY! In early March, I dropped my girlfriend off my auto policy. Travelers said I could not do it without making up a whole new policy! Since when can anyone not take a vehicle off their policy!?? Travelers sent my girlfriend a bill at her parents' address for a policy they started for her without her knowledge or agreement! They asked me for the information supposedly to contact her in regard to starting her policy. Yeah, that NEVER happened. Travelers sent her to Collections. She received a letter from a collection agency in August for coverage never paid from the date I dropped her until I changed my insurance company to AAA on June 5th!! How does that work!?

So that same day as I said, I started a new policy in my name only. I had weekly payments removed from my paycheck. It works great. I don't have to worry about sending in money. In June, I went with AAA. I called Travelers on 3-way with the AAA agent and switched over my car insurance. The week after my girlfriend called and complained to Travelers about her bill for insurance she never asked for, I also received a bill from a collection agency for monies owed to Travelers!!!

After my initial explosion, I called Travelers and vehemently explained how it was impossible I owed any money whatsoever as I had payroll deductions. I also called and switched insurance on June 5th. The agent never said a word about outstanding money owed then!! I asked why they didn't say anything then, or at least send me a letter or a bill...something!! They said they did!! Here's the kicker folks: They sent the notices to her MOTHER'S HOUSE! Yeah, that's right. They set me up with a new policy. It did not go back to payroll deduction. It did not get separated from my girlfriend. I had NO idea that I owed them money until I looked at my pay stubs!!!

Travelers ADMITTED they were wrong. They admitted they did not set up my policy properly. They sent mail to the wrong address. They never called me AT ALL, then I even switched companies. Still wasn't told even when changing to AAA!! Travelers Insurance is one of the most screwed up companies I have ever dealt with. I still have my homeowner's policy with them. I am worried!! They have messed with my credit, put me in a bad situation, and offered nothing as a solution.

This is the worst company out there. Do not buy any kind of insurance from travellers. Don't let their low initial premium suck you in, after year or two. They will "audit" and raise your premium 2 or 3 folds even though I have not have any claims at all. My premium went up from 1800 to 5400 the 3rd or 4th year. I have to cancel my insurance (I was stupid not to cancel right away, I waited till the policy ends). However, they still "audit" and bill me $1800.00 more for ended policy!!! Again, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

I was rear-ended on July 25, 2016. Myself and five children was transported to the hospital. The adjuster refused to pay medical bills and made a offer for five hundred dollars. I ask that our medical bills be paid by their policyholder, which was found at fault from the police report. Travelers Insurance Company is still refusing to pay medical bills. My family and I would never had these medical bills if the driver of Travelers Insurance Company was paying attention. Now Travelers Insurance Company is stating they are not paying the medical bills from the accident on July 25, 2016 caused by their policyholder. No justice for a single mother of five.

My car was parked on a side street. Travelers insured hit my car to avoid a squirrel!! Most likely she was texting and speeding. Travelers said the car was totaled. Now I am having a hard time getting someone to return calls. VERY POOR SERVICE. Believe me I wish my car was not hit, but give fair market price on a car that was well taken care of. How do I know you will send check, if I send title? I would like to speak to someone. They do not like to return calls at all.

I had a car accident on 7/20/16 (just over 4 weeks ago). My car is a total loss. After MULTIPLE emails and phone calls with no response, I still do not have a check from Travelers. My rental is due back at Enterprise early next week and I will have no way of getting back and forth to work. I finally called my insurance agent who was able to get a hold of someone from your office. Their excuse was, "They're busy with all the hail damage claims." NOT MY PROBLEM! I will be sure to spread the word to everyone I know and every media outlet, not to use Travelers, nor will I be using Travelers Insurance on my new vehicle (if I'm ever able to get a check from your company). I'm disgusted with your company and so-called customer service.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Profile