2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

Travelers Insurance sells car, boat and property protection policies, as well as other coverages. It offers liability, collision, comprehensive, personal injury protection, medical payments and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. It has add-on coverage options for rental cars, roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and ride-sharing.

BOTTOM LINE

Travelers offers various auto insurance options and several discount opportunities. Its add-on coverages like roadside assistance and accident forgiveness can be expensive, however.

PROS

• Insurance bundles available
  • Several discount opportunities
  • Multiple coverage options

CONS

• Extra charge for roadside assistance
  • Add-on coverage can be pricey

Top Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers Auto Insurance?

Have been insured with Travelers for 5 years. They have taken very good care of us. Both my wife and I have had accidents. They did an excellent job on handling our claims. That is why you buy Insurance. Plus in this uncertain times I know they are an A+ company.

They are top notch. Customer service is great. Their technology is 1st level. Price-wise they beat everyone including Geico. I am impressed. Roadside assistance which I had to use right away, was efficient... Travelers called me, texted me, at all points I was well advised.

Travelers Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Travelers car insurance coverage

Travelers offers a multitude of auto policy options. You can get instant online quotes and read about its insurance offerings on the company’s website. Its coverage options include:

• Liability
  • Comprehensive
  • Personal injury protection
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist
  • Collision
  • Medical payments

Policyholders can also add on extra coverage, including roadside assistance and new car replacement.

How does Travelers car insurance work?

You can request a free quote on the Travelers website. After entering your vehicle details and desired coverage, you’ll select your preferred deductible limit; lower deductible limits mean you’ll pay fewer out-of-pocket expenses in the case of an accident or repairs, but a higher deductible limit allows for a lower monthly premium. You can also add extra coverage to your policy for more protection — though additional coverage does increase your monthly premium.

Travelers car insurance quotes and costs

Travelers’ deductible limits range from $100 to $1,000. The cost of a Travelers car insurance policy varies based on:

• Vehicle age, mileage and condition
  • Deductible limit
  • Type(s) of coverage

Travelers offers many discount options, including:

• Multipolicy
  • Multicar
  • Hybrid/electric vehicle
  • Continuous insurance
  • Homeownership
  • Safe driver
  • Early quote
  • New car
  • EFT, pay in full and good payer
  • IntelliDrive program

It also has discounts for students and drivers in training, and it offers an affinity program for members of participating companies, associations and credit unions.

Travelers car insurance FAQ

Does Travelers offer accident forgiveness?
Yes, Travelers does offer accident forgiveness as an additional coverage option. Its Responsible Driver plan forgives one accident and one minor violation every 36 months, and its Premier Responsible Driver plan includes decreasing deductibles and total loss deductible waivers for an additional fee.
Who owns Travelers Insurance?
Travelers Insurance is owned by The Travelers Companies (previously known as Citigroup).
Does Travelers cover rental cars?
Yes, but rental car coverage is an additional coverage option; if you opt for this coverage, you can request a rental car if your vehicle is out of commission for more than 24 hours.
Does Travelers provide free roadside assistance?
No. The Travelers roadside assistance program is an additional coverage option and is not included in its standard policies.

Is Travelers car insurance good?

Travelers car insurance is a good option for individuals and families looking for auto coverage with multiple discount opportunities and low starting rates. However, because Travelers requires extra fees for add-ons like rental car coverage and roadside assistance, it might not be the best option for those who need an all-inclusive insurance policy.

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers Auto Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

We moved to PA a little more than a year ago and had to find our new auto coverage. We stopped in at a local agency and the representative found us the most extensive coverage for far less than we paid in NY.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The only times I really had to use my Travelers insurance was to continuously have my poor car towed after being broken down. They have such a quick and amazing process. You call, go through the automated service, then they text you a link so you can check the progress of the tow truck coming to your location. My previous insurance company definitely didn't offer that!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Just switched to them from USAA. Although USAA was great they were a little pricey and we needed to save money. Went through a broker who found this great rate. Haven't needed to file any claims yet. They give options for payment.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Consistently the best rates I've been given out of all others. And never any problems with customer service, which is not something I can say about Progressive (worst customer service experience and they tried to add coverage I did not need nor want!). Been with Travelers now for three years. Very happy.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

This is a warning to all not to buy this insurance. It's not worth. They left my husband stranded all night in the cold. He called at 9:30pm 12/26/2020. Dispatch called him back at 2:33pm 12/27/2020 to tell him they are on the way. The phone operator said they were going to be 90 minutes. I've never been so frustrated in my life.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

My claim got declined and I was told that reason is not covered however I asked specifically to the sales agent at the time of signing up and was confirmed that yes it is indeed covered. Now as expected they are playing the typical dirty tactics and have declined my claim. I want to warn everyone to take caution when signing up with this type of company. They always find a reason to turn down your claims. THIS COMPANY IS NOT RECOMMENDED. THEY ARE HERE TO JUST TAKE MONEY AND KEEP DECLINING YOUR CLAIMS. Absolute disappointment.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

It seems that the Travelers insurance seems to work for help people find the right auto insurance for people and people have helped with their insurance questions and they help them and some people do have their questions to be answered.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I think that my issues are likely more related to my insurance broker than with Travelers directly. Travelers has always come through and paid when we have had incidents. We have all of our insurance bundled with Travelers.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I was in A car accident involving A red light runner who hit me A week ago. My car is still not in A shop and not drivable as I have no headlight on one side and turn signals do not work (additionally the driver assist sensors were damaged and do not work). And today I received A notice of cancellation in the mail. My vehicle is not repaired nor have I received A check to cover damages.

I had 2 cars and homeowners with them, never missed (or even late) on payments, never had A ticket, never had A claim, This accident was not my fault either, but they decide to cancel me.... What!? Absolutely the worst insurance company. Stay clear of them! [As A side note it appears that my states revised statutes are clear on how and why and insurance company can cancel A customer Travelers is in violation of this law - will be filing A complaint with the insurance board in the morning and consulting an attorney.]

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information