Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Travelers Auto Insurance
1.98/5

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Offers hybrid/electric vehicle discount and new car discount
  • Features Affinity Program to employees or members of participating organizations
  • Established financial strength
  • Accident forgiveness includes one accident and one minor violation
  • Decreasing deductibles

CONS

• Premiums can be slightly higher than competitors
  • Services limited to 42 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We were struck from the rear by a vehicle insured by Travelers. They did not argue or low ball the claim in any way. Our repairs were totally taken care of by Travelers no questions asked. A rental was even offered. A great experience with a great company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I found Travelers Insurance employees to be very helpful and professional. I have had the good fortune to never have had to make a claim with them, so am unable to speak to their responsiveness to me in time of a crisis.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We have not yet had a claim with Travelers, other than for windshield repair (which was handled smoothly). We purchased our policy through an independent agent and are very satisfied with her attention to our needs. We are pleased with the policy we have as compared to other companies and plan to stay with Travelers at renewal time.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I switched to Travelers from a well known auto insurance company after they kept raising my rates even though I had never had an accident. Shortly after the switch I was hit by an uninsured motorist and he did over $10,000 worth of damage to my 2013 Buick. It was about one and a half years old at the time. I called the number on my insurance card and they asked if my car was drivable. I said I thought so and they told me to take it home and they would pick it up there and provide me with a rental car at their expense. They had a flat bed truck pick my Buick up the next day and took it to the Buick dealer that I bought it from for repair. They paid for the complete repair and kept me informed of everything that was going on. I paid the deductible.

Awhile later they sent me a check and said that they had collected enough from the driver that was at fault to return my deductible. They were very helpful, courteous and professional at all times. Even called me after I got my car back to make sure I was satisfied with the repair. This is the only insurance company I will use and recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

They are top notch. Customer service is great. Their technology is 1st level. Price-wise they beat everyone including Geico. I am impressed. Roadside assistance which I had to use right away, was efficient. I tried a jump. Then they had to tow. Travelers called me, texted me, at all points I was well advised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I would strongly discourage anyone from using Traveler's Insurance. We went with them and didn't have any issues until recently. We received a letter from our mortgage company stating we were under insured and it needed to be fixed immediately. I pulled our policy out and they had us insured for $70,000 less than we even owe on the house. When my husband called them they told him we have an extended policy and that we are covered, but yet they refuse to send this "extended policy" to our mortgage company.

Now on to our camper...brand new camper that has only been used once. We have had it for less than a year and it got hit with hail. They send a gal named Kelly out to do the estimate of damage and she tells us straight up, "I don't know what I am doing. I have never done a camper before." She then sends us an estimate of $5600. My husband takes it to a dealer and turns out we have $39,000 in damages and it is totaled. When Traveler's sends us what payout is, it has $21,000. They are trying to pay us out for a base model in which we don't have. We have an upgraded model. The dealership said our camper is worth $32,000.

When my husband sends them this estimate Camera (who is very rude to everyone she deals with, including the dealership in which the guy even hung up on her) states our policy only has the camper listed at $21k for coverage so that is all we are getting. Make sure you read everything they send you or you're taking the chance of losing everything if you ever expect them to pay out. It is our fault for not reading the policy they sent us on the camper, but at the same time...they are SHYSTERS!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Customer service always helps me keep updated on discounts available to me now that I have retired, such as safe driver discounts and senior citizen rates. They are always friendly and willing to check for new rates that come available.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This 18 wheeler hit me as there is two lanes, one to make a left turn legally and the other to go straight. The street divider white paint is visible as day (street warning signs everywhere) as the light turned green I was heading straight in the right lane, 18 wheeler sees me because first green light means go and left means left. So why does the 18 wheeler need to come into the right lane to make a left turn. As he did go right into my lane before turning he swiped my truck from the cab to the end of the bed. All his fault. Now I bumped my temple really hard against the window causing a headache that lasted a whole day.

Now the Travelers insurance had one lady to be my claim adjuster but two and a half weeks later it has been reassigned to another adjuster. Now that adjuster well both are unable to reach, not even responding via email nor my voice mails. Do not trust Travelers Auto Insurance, they will abandon you. I would not be here if I did not I not work hard for my vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I was involved in an accident with Lyft in which Travelers insurance was handling the claim. They convinced me to not attain an attorney due to the driver being completely at fault then after months of contacting me regarding investigation of the accident, having me obtain documents for them which cause me to take days off from work and sending me through a lot of stress. They refuse to pay my hospital and doctor's bill or pay for any time I was off work. I ended up with a concussion from the accident. But the claims representative said there's no way I could have had an accident and that it was my fault. Always retain an attorney. And never listen to their representatives.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

They changed my due date without notice. They were rude many times on the phone. They kept going up on my payments. They lied and changed things many times. When I cancelled they kept sending me bills. Then they sent a 2,697.00 bill to collections. I had another insurance agency all that time. They are a nightmare. I would not ever do business with those cons ever again. I would recommend no one doing business with them.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information