Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Offers hybrid/electric vehicle discount and new car discount
  • Features Affinity Program to employees or members of participating organizations
  • Established financial strength
  • Accident forgiveness includes one accident and one minor violation
  • Decreasing deductibles

CONS

• Premiums can be slightly higher than competitors
  • Services limited to 42 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We were struck from the rear by a vehicle insured by Travelers. They did not argue or low ball the claim in any way. Our repairs were totally taken care of by Travelers no questions asked. A rental was even offered. A great experience with a great company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I found Travelers Insurance employees to be very helpful and professional. I have had the good fortune to never have had to make a claim with them, so am unable to speak to their responsiveness to me in time of a crisis.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We have not yet had a claim with Travelers, other than for windshield repair (which was handled smoothly). We purchased our policy through an independent agent and are very satisfied with her attention to our needs. We are pleased with the policy we have as compared to other companies and plan to stay with Travelers at renewal time.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I switched to Travelers from a well known auto insurance company after they kept raising my rates even though I had never had an accident. Shortly after the switch I was hit by an uninsured motorist and he did over $10,000 worth of damage to my 2013 Buick. It was about one and a half years old at the time. I called the number on my insurance card and they asked if my car was drivable. I said I thought so and they told me to take it home and they would pick it up there and provide me with a rental car at their expense. They had a flat bed truck pick my Buick up the next day and took it to the Buick dealer that I bought it from for repair. They paid for the complete repair and kept me informed of everything that was going on. I paid the deductible.

Awhile later they sent me a check and said that they had collected enough from the driver that was at fault to return my deductible. They were very helpful, courteous and professional at all times. Even called me after I got my car back to make sure I was satisfied with the repair. This is the only insurance company I will use and recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

They are top notch. Customer service is great. Their technology is 1st level. Price-wise they beat everyone including Geico. I am impressed. Roadside assistance which I had to use right away, was efficient. I tried a jump. Then they had to tow. Travelers called me, texted me, at all points I was well advised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My son was in a wreck in my car on 12/17/19. We found out the person that hit him did not have insurance. My car was towed over an hour away to a salvage yard. Nobody knows why. First, we did not know our policy didn't cover a rental. We had always had Alfa and Allstate Insurance that included rentals. On Jan. 3rd, we got a call saying an adjuster looked at it, and said it wasn't totalled but needs 14K in repairs. They were going to tow it back to where I live and let the dealership look at to see if it had frame damage.

Today, 1/10/2020, (3 1/2 weeks later) we get a call saying it is going to take 3 weeks to fix. This is totally unacceptable! 6 1/2 weeks without a car!!! I have always paid my insurance on time, I should have my car fixed in a timely manner. This is absolutely ridiculous! Side note - a friend of mine with different insurance had a wreck the day before mine and she has had her car back for a week now. So, they can say the delay was because of the holidays all they want, but other insurance companies still took care of their clients. Travelers does not care! They did say sorry and we can express our concerns in a survey that will be sent out after our claim is closed. WOW! That helps!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We traded in our leased vehicles for 2 new leases. The new leases have more safety features, so our auto premiums were lower for the 2 new vehicles. But our overall policy did not decrease as much as anticipated. Upon closer examination, the other vehicles on our policy were illegally increased mid-policy. There were no changes in how those vehicles are used or housed, so there’s no legal basis to increase the premiums on the other vehicles mid-policy. When I called to complain, Travelers told me to file a formal complaint against them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Audits after audits in same year looking to find crumbs. I decided to upgrade my policy to cover myself on worker's compensation and they told me it would be 800.00 dollars for rest of year so I have already been audited twice in 2018. I get another letter in mail to say, "We need your info again." This time they tell me it's a voluntary audit. ya right. I volunteer all the time. Right after that they try to charge me for the full year and I was already covered. After this policy ends I will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have been with Travelers Insurance for over five years. My first claim in years was in November, 2019. The adjuster's name was FALLON **. Mrs. ** did not represent Travelers Insurance, with the exceptional service I am use to when I call. She was rude and very unprofessional, I am a senior and I expect to be treated in a manner that most people would want to be treated, with respect. I filed a auto claim, and the lies and unprofessional experienced I had with this adjuster was unacceptable. I have filed a complaint with the California Dept of Insurance. I hope this will help ** treat others fairly and with respect.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I will be telling everyone I can reach both in social media and beyond that Travelers is a company no one should deal with. We never ever make claims and we had travelers as our carrier. We had our camper break while on vacation out of state. It took almost 4 months and a few agents to get the thing repaired so we could bring it home. Then yesterday we get a letter saying they are raising our insurance to a $1,000 dollars and we are no longer covered! WOW. Awesome company (NOT).

Not sure about Travelers Auto Insurance?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information