Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Travelers Auto Insurance
1.76/5

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Offers hybrid/electric vehicle discount and new car discount
  • Features Affinity Program to employees or members of participating organizations
  • Established financial strength
  • Accident forgiveness includes one accident and one minor violation
  • Decreasing deductibles

CONS

• Premiums can be slightly higher than competitors
  • Services limited to 42 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We were struck from the rear by a vehicle insured by Travelers. They did not argue or low ball the claim in any way. Our repairs were totally taken care of by Travelers no questions asked. A rental was even offered. A great experience with a great company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I found Travelers Insurance employees to be very helpful and professional. I have had the good fortune to never have had to make a claim with them, so am unable to speak to their responsiveness to me in time of a crisis.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We have not yet had a claim with Travelers, other than for windshield repair (which was handled smoothly). We purchased our policy through an independent agent and are very satisfied with her attention to our needs. We are pleased with the policy we have as compared to other companies and plan to stay with Travelers at renewal time.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I switched to Travelers from a well known auto insurance company after they kept raising my rates even though I had never had an accident. Shortly after the switch I was hit by an uninsured motorist and he did over $10,000 worth of damage to my 2013 Buick. It was about one and a half years old at the time. I called the number on my insurance card and they asked if my car was drivable. I said I thought so and they told me to take it home and they would pick it up there and provide me with a rental car at their expense. They had a flat bed truck pick my Buick up the next day and took it to the Buick dealer that I bought it from for repair. They paid for the complete repair and kept me informed of everything that was going on. I paid the deductible.

Awhile later they sent me a check and said that they had collected enough from the driver that was at fault to return my deductible. They were very helpful, courteous and professional at all times. Even called me after I got my car back to make sure I was satisfied with the repair. This is the only insurance company I will use and recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

They are top notch. Customer service is great. Their technology is 1st level. Price-wise they beat everyone including Geico. I am impressed. Roadside assistance which I had to use right away, was efficient. I tried a jump. Then they had to tow. Travelers called me, texted me, at all points I was well advised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I will be telling everyone I can reach both in social media and beyond that Travelers is a company no one should deal with. We never ever make claims and we had travelers as our carrier. We had our camper break while on vacation out of state. It took almost 4 months and a few agents to get the thing repaired so we could bring it home. Then yesterday we get a letter saying they are raising our insurance to a $1,000 dollars and we are no longer covered! WOW. Awesome company (NOT).

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Cancelled Homeowners policy for better rates and flat deductible with another carrier. Agent sent them Accord forms twice. They send me form to sign. After 2 weeks called to inquire about refund check the customer service representative started mumbling about moneys being applied to "another policy" while finally admitted that they are sitting on the moneys and the "check went out the day I was calling." Check is in the mail!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was involved in an accident. The other driver was at fault and has Travelers Insurance. The damage to my car affected the headlights, taillights, and blinkers. It took almost 2 weeks for an adjuster to come out and look at my car. In the meantime I had to drive my car without half of the lights and blinkers working. They would not give me a rental until I put my car in the shop. I was finally able to take the car to the shop to get the repairs done. I took it in on a Tuesday and the rep from Travelers made a reservation for me at the rental place. Turns out the rental company had no cars on the lot.

I called and left messages for the Travelers' rep for TWO DAYS! I finally got a call back that Friday and told her that I had been without a car all week and couldn't get a ride to work one of those days. I am pretty upset with this company. I ended up getting a rental at 5:00 pm that Friday. My car won't be ready for several more days. Travelers doesn't want to let me have a rental car for more than 5 days. This has been the most stressful situation and the accident wasn't even my fault.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was injured at work by a negligent co-worker and had major injuries. They send you to old rinky dink Concentra for treatment and by law after 28 days of seeing their crap doctors you can see your own. Well this trailer Trash company is denying me the legal right from seeing any doctors but theirs and is denying me the right to seek treatment where my own doctors are referring me to go. I was injured so bad that my doctor took me off of work and this ** trash company won't even pay me workers comp and want me to continue seeing their filthy doctors which they suggest taking pain pills and muscle relaxers while I'm at work if I'm feeling pain. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY PEOPLE. THEY ARE SNAKES AND SO ARE THEIR DOCTORS.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Several months ago my son was hit by a driver with Travelers insurance. This entire process has been a nightmare! Other driver was found at fault and issued a citation for running his red light, multiple witness statements, and they still are trying to deny liability. I don’t believe Narvie, their claims rep, even attempted to research the accident other than asking their driver “did you do it?”. Our own insurance claims rep finally contacted her after multiple attempts by both he and I, Farmers provided Travelers the accident report, and still they refused to acknowledge liability.

To date, Farmers has provided the accident report, sworn witness and police statements, and proof of the paid citation which any reasonable person would agree is an acceptance of guilt. We finally had to settle with our insurance for the totaled vehicle so it could be replaced, but are still out our deductible, while the claim goes through arbitration. And the worst is that no one from Travelers ever reached out to my son to ask how he has been doing through all this. Honestly, this is a valuable life lesson in how your insurer may not have your back, leaving you vulnerable to the lawyers who are always more than happy to speak to anyone about a potential case. Too bad no stars wasn’t an option.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information