2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.60/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We traded in our leased vehicles for 2 new leases. The new leases have more safety features, so our auto premiums were lower for the 2 new vehicles. But our overall policy did not decrease as much as anticipated. Upon closer examination, the other vehicles on our policy were illegally increased mid-policy. There were no changes in how those vehicles are used or housed, so there’s no legal basis to increase the premiums on the other vehicles mid-policy. When I called to complain, Travelers told me to file a formal complaint against them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Audits after audits in same year looking to find crumbs. I decided to upgrade my policy to cover myself on worker's compensation and they told me it would be 800.00 dollars for rest of year so I have already been audited twice in 2018. I get another letter in mail to say, "We need your info again." This time they tell me it's a voluntary audit. ya right. I volunteer all the time. Right after that they try to charge me for the full year and I was already covered. After this policy ends I will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have been with Travelers Insurance for over five years. My first claim in years was in November, 2019. The adjuster's name was FALLON **. Mrs. ** did not represent Travelers Insurance, with the exceptional service I am use to when I call. She was rude and very unprofessional, I am a senior and I expect to be treated in a manner that most people would want to be treated, with respect. I filed a auto claim, and the lies and unprofessional experienced I had with this adjuster was unacceptable. I have filed a complaint with the California Dept of Insurance. I hope this will help ** treat others fairly and with respect.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I will be telling everyone I can reach both in social media and beyond that Travelers is a company no one should deal with. We never ever make claims and we had travelers as our carrier. We had our camper break while on vacation out of state. It took almost 4 months and a few agents to get the thing repaired so we could bring it home. Then yesterday we get a letter saying they are raising our insurance to a $1,000 dollars and we are no longer covered! WOW. Awesome company (NOT).

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Cancelled Homeowners policy for better rates and flat deductible with another carrier. Agent sent them Accord forms twice. They send me form to sign. After 2 weeks called to inquire about refund check the customer service representative started mumbling about moneys being applied to "another policy" while finally admitted that they are sitting on the moneys and the "check went out the day I was calling." Check is in the mail!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was involved in an accident. The other driver was at fault and has Travelers Insurance. The damage to my car affected the headlights, taillights, and blinkers. It took almost 2 weeks for an adjuster to come out and look at my car. In the meantime I had to drive my car without half of the lights and blinkers working. They would not give me a rental until I put my car in the shop. I was finally able to take the car to the shop to get the repairs done. I took it in on a Tuesday and the rep from Travelers made a reservation for me at the rental place. Turns out the rental company had no cars on the lot.

I called and left messages for the Travelers' rep for TWO DAYS! I finally got a call back that Friday and told her that I had been without a car all week and couldn't get a ride to work one of those days. I am pretty upset with this company. I ended up getting a rental at 5:00 pm that Friday. My car won't be ready for several more days. Travelers doesn't want to let me have a rental car for more than 5 days. This has been the most stressful situation and the accident wasn't even my fault.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was injured at work by a negligent co-worker and had major injuries. They send you to old rinky dink Concentra for treatment and by law after 28 days of seeing their crap doctors you can see your own. Well this trailer Trash company is denying me the legal right from seeing any doctors but theirs and is denying me the right to seek treatment where my own doctors are referring me to go. I was injured so bad that my doctor took me off of work and this ** trash company won't even pay me workers comp and want me to continue seeing their filthy doctors which they suggest taking pain pills and muscle relaxers while I'm at work if I'm feeling pain. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY PEOPLE. THEY ARE SNAKES AND SO ARE THEIR DOCTORS.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Several months ago my son was hit by a driver with Travelers insurance. This entire process has been a nightmare! Other driver was found at fault and issued a citation for running his red light, multiple witness statements, and they still are trying to deny liability. I don’t believe Narvie, their claims rep, even attempted to research the accident other than asking their driver “did you do it?”. Our own insurance claims rep finally contacted her after multiple attempts by both he and I, Farmers provided Travelers the accident report, and still they refused to acknowledge liability.

To date, Farmers has provided the accident report, sworn witness and police statements, and proof of the paid citation which any reasonable person would agree is an acceptance of guilt. We finally had to settle with our insurance for the totaled vehicle so it could be replaced, but are still out our deductible, while the claim goes through arbitration. And the worst is that no one from Travelers ever reached out to my son to ask how he has been doing through all this. Honestly, this is a valuable life lesson in how your insurer may not have your back, leaving you vulnerable to the lawyers who are always more than happy to speak to anyone about a potential case. Too bad no stars wasn’t an option.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I would strongly discourage anyone from using Traveler's Insurance. We went with them and didn't have any issues until recently. We received a letter from our mortgage company stating we were under insured and it needed to be fixed immediately. I pulled our policy out and they had us insured for $70,000 less than we even owe on the house. When my husband called them they told him we have an extended policy and that we are covered, but yet they refuse to send this "extended policy" to our mortgage company.

Now on to our camper...brand new camper that has only been used once. We have had it for less than a year and it got hit with hail. They send a gal named Kelly out to do the estimate of damage and she tells us straight up, "I don't know what I am doing. I have never done a camper before." She then sends us an estimate of $5600. My husband takes it to a dealer and turns out we have $39,000 in damages and it is totaled. When Traveler's sends us what payout is, it has $21,000. They are trying to pay us out for a base model in which we don't have. We have an upgraded model. The dealership said our camper is worth $32,000.

When my husband sends them this estimate Camera (who is very rude to everyone she deals with, including the dealership in which the guy even hung up on her) states our policy only has the camper listed at $21k for coverage so that is all we are getting. Make sure you read everything they send you or you're taking the chance of losing everything if you ever expect them to pay out. It is our fault for not reading the policy they sent us on the camper, but at the same time...they are SHYSTERS!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Customer service always helps me keep updated on discounts available to me now that I have retired, such as safe driver discounts and senior citizen rates. They are always friendly and willing to check for new rates that come available.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information