Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Cancelled Homeowners policy for better rates and flat deductible with another carrier. Agent sent them Accord forms twice. They send me form to sign. After 2 weeks called to inquire about refund check the customer service representative started mumbling about moneys being applied to "another policy" while finally admitted that they are sitting on the moneys and the "check went out the day I was calling." Check is in the mail!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was involved in an accident. The other driver was at fault and has Travelers Insurance. The damage to my car affected the headlights, taillights, and blinkers. It took almost 2 weeks for an adjuster to come out and look at my car. In the meantime I had to drive my car without half of the lights and blinkers working. They would not give me a rental until I put my car in the shop. I was finally able to take the car to the shop to get the repairs done. I took it in on a Tuesday and the rep from Travelers made a reservation for me at the rental place. Turns out the rental company had no cars on the lot.

I called and left messages for the Travelers' rep for TWO DAYS! I finally got a call back that Friday and told her that I had been without a car all week and couldn't get a ride to work one of those days. I am pretty upset with this company. I ended up getting a rental at 5:00 pm that Friday. My car won't be ready for several more days. Travelers doesn't want to let me have a rental car for more than 5 days. This has been the most stressful situation and the accident wasn't even my fault.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was injured at work by a negligent co-worker and had major injuries. They send you to old rinky dink Concentra for treatment and by law after 28 days of seeing their crap doctors you can see your own. Well this trailer Trash company is denying me the legal right from seeing any doctors but theirs and is denying me the right to seek treatment where my own doctors are referring me to go. I was injured so bad that my doctor took me off of work and this ** trash company won't even pay me workers comp and want me to continue seeing their filthy doctors which they suggest taking pain pills and muscle relaxers while I'm at work if I'm feeling pain. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY PEOPLE. THEY ARE SNAKES AND SO ARE THEIR DOCTORS.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Several months ago my son was hit by a driver with Travelers insurance. This entire process has been a nightmare! Other driver was found at fault and issued a citation for running his red light, multiple witness statements, and they still are trying to deny liability. I don’t believe Narvie, their claims rep, even attempted to research the accident other than asking their driver “did you do it?”. Our own insurance claims rep finally contacted her after multiple attempts by both he and I, Farmers provided Travelers the accident report, and still they refused to acknowledge liability.

To date, Farmers has provided the accident report, sworn witness and police statements, and proof of the paid citation which any reasonable person would agree is an acceptance of guilt. We finally had to settle with our insurance for the totaled vehicle so it could be replaced, but are still out our deductible, while the claim goes through arbitration. And the worst is that no one from Travelers ever reached out to my son to ask how he has been doing through all this. Honestly, this is a valuable life lesson in how your insurer may not have your back, leaving you vulnerable to the lawyers who are always more than happy to speak to anyone about a potential case. Too bad no stars wasn’t an option.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I would strongly discourage anyone from using Traveler's Insurance. We went with them and didn't have any issues until recently. We received a letter from our mortgage company stating we were under insured and it needed to be fixed immediately. I pulled our policy out and they had us insured for $70,000 less than we even owe on the house. When my husband called them they told him we have an extended policy and that we are covered, but yet they refuse to send this "extended policy" to our mortgage company.

Now on to our camper...brand new camper that has only been used once. We have had it for less than a year and it got hit with hail. They send a gal named Kelly out to do the estimate of damage and she tells us straight up, "I don't know what I am doing. I have never done a camper before." She then sends us an estimate of $5600. My husband takes it to a dealer and turns out we have $39,000 in damages and it is totaled. When Traveler's sends us what payout is, it has $21,000. They are trying to pay us out for a base model in which we don't have. We have an upgraded model. The dealership said our camper is worth $32,000.

When my husband sends them this estimate Camera (who is very rude to everyone she deals with, including the dealership in which the guy even hung up on her) states our policy only has the camper listed at $21k for coverage so that is all we are getting. Make sure you read everything they send you or you're taking the chance of losing everything if you ever expect them to pay out. It is our fault for not reading the policy they sent us on the camper, but at the same time...they are SHYSTERS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Customer service always helps me keep updated on discounts available to me now that I have retired, such as safe driver discounts and senior citizen rates. They are always friendly and willing to check for new rates that come available.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This 18 wheeler hit me as there is two lanes, one to make a left turn legally and the other to go straight. The street divider white paint is visible as day (street warning signs everywhere) as the light turned green I was heading straight in the right lane, 18 wheeler sees me because first green light means go and left means left. So why does the 18 wheeler need to come into the right lane to make a left turn. As he did go right into my lane before turning he swiped my truck from the cab to the end of the bed. All his fault. Now I bumped my temple really hard against the window causing a headache that lasted a whole day.

Now the Travelers insurance had one lady to be my claim adjuster but two and a half weeks later it has been reassigned to another adjuster. Now that adjuster well both are unable to reach, not even responding via email nor my voice mails. Do not trust Travelers Auto Insurance, they will abandon you. I would not be here if I did not I not work hard for my vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I was involved in an accident with Lyft in which Travelers insurance was handling the claim. They convinced me to not attain an attorney due to the driver being completely at fault then after months of contacting me regarding investigation of the accident, having me obtain documents for them which cause me to take days off from work and sending me through a lot of stress. They refuse to pay my hospital and doctor's bill or pay for any time I was off work. I ended up with a concussion from the accident. But the claims representative said there's no way I could have had an accident and that it was my fault. Always retain an attorney. And never listen to their representatives.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

They changed my due date without notice. They were rude many times on the phone. They kept going up on my payments. They lied and changed things many times. When I cancelled they kept sending me bills. Then they sent a 2,697.00 bill to collections. I had another insurance agency all that time. They are a nightmare. I would not ever do business with those cons ever again. I would recommend no one doing business with them.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I highly discourage anyone from using Travelers Insurance. I am going through a very unique situation and the only reassurance I’ve received from the company is what they cannot do. On June 9, 2019 a building crane fell on my apartment complex displacing over 500 residents in Dallas, Texas. Today is July 29, 2019 and I’m still living out of a suitcase and do not have access to everything I own because they have condemned the building. The building also refuses to provide us any legitimate documentation to provide our insurance companies for further clarification.

With all that being said I continue to receive pressure from my insurance agent that I need to figure something out because they are not going to be able to assist me much longer. My insurance covers up to $9,000 in loss of use/displacement coverage to which I have only used a little over $2,000 of that therefore I am nowhere near exceeding my limit and I should not be being pressured when I’ve been a paying customer for years and I have nothing but the bag on my shoulder. I expected more from the company and am disappointed to know that when you really need them they fail and only cause more stress to an already messy and stressful situation. Please avoid Travelers Insurance to save yourself added stress and anxiety in time of need.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information