Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Travelers Auto Insurance
1.99/5

Travelers Auto Insurance

Travelers Insurance sells protection for your car, boat, property and more. Travelers is not a verified InsuraMatch carrier yet. You can call InsuraMatch for free auto insurance quotes from several different providers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Travelers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I was involved in an accident with Lyft in which Travelers insurance was handling the claim. They convinced me to not attain an attorney due to the driver being completely at fault then after months of contacting me regarding investigation of the accident, having me obtain documents for them which cause me to take days off from work and sending me through a lot of stress. They refuse to pay my hospital and doctor's bill or pay for any time I was off work. I ended up with a concussion from the accident. But the claims representative said there's no way I could have had an accident and that it was my fault. Always retain an attorney. And never listen to their representatives.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

They changed my due date without notice. They were rude many times on the phone. They kept going up on my payments. They lied and changed things many times. When I cancelled they kept sending me bills. Then they sent a 2,697.00 bill to collections. I had another insurance agency all that time. They are a nightmare. I would not ever do business with those cons ever again. I would recommend no one doing business with them.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I highly discourage anyone from using Travelers Insurance. I am going through a very unique situation and the only reassurance I’ve received from the company is what they cannot do. On June 9, 2019 a building crane fell on my apartment complex displacing over 500 residents in Dallas, Texas. Today is July 29, 2019 and I’m still living out of a suitcase and do not have access to everything I own because they have condemned the building. The building also refuses to provide us any legitimate documentation to provide our insurance companies for further clarification.

With all that being said I continue to receive pressure from my insurance agent that I need to figure something out because they are not going to be able to assist me much longer. My insurance covers up to $9,000 in loss of use/displacement coverage to which I have only used a little over $2,000 of that therefore I am nowhere near exceeding my limit and I should not be being pressured when I’ve been a paying customer for years and I have nothing but the bag on my shoulder. I expected more from the company and am disappointed to know that when you really need them they fail and only cause more stress to an already messy and stressful situation. Please avoid Travelers Insurance to save yourself added stress and anxiety in time of need.

Original review: July 29, 2019

My daughter's car was broadsided by a driver insured with the Travelers. He was 100% at fault. Her car was heavily damaged on one side and was "totaled" by Travelers. It was a 1999 BMW convertible with every imaginable option, and their offer was $2,000. I found at least 5 cars, same year and model, for sale for between $4,000 and $6,000. After 50 e-mails and phone conversations, they upped the offer by $200. They then stated that is the final offer, and refused to budge or consider anything else. What a horrible experience; this company is a cheap, cheating, miserly, penny-pinching piece of crap.

Original review: July 1, 2019

In process with my first auto claim in well over 25 years. Telephone queries are not returned in a timely fashion in an understandable manner. Supervisors are not available to share or correct sub-optimal customer service experiences. I assisted my 90 year old mother with a damaged windshield claim a few years prior. Rafting on that claim 10. Rating on my current experience 0. No one, organizationally, is available for clarity, understanding, or follow through.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have had billing problems every month. Nothing gets fixed or straightened out no matter how many times I call and try. Had I known they were overcharging me and putting things in a bundle, I would have gotten rid of them long before now. I canceled my policy and now they are trying to bill me $40 on a canceled policy. It’s unbelievable, I should have done this sooner. Giving this company a 1 is a gift. They are shameful!

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have insurance with the Travelers two years. We had an accident on months ago. We still run around deal with that this claim department. She had a bad attitude..she does not help much and you can't hardly get hold of these people and you can ask a question because she talking with loud tone. I can get nothing out of her. What’s going on with our vehicle. It has been in body shop going to 4th weeks. Still waiting for the claim approval. I asked for extension rental vehicle. She say it’s their policy at the 30 days. They cannot help me even vehicle is still in the shop. I don’t recommend it this Travelers Insurance company. They have some issue with their customer service.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Travelers Auto Insurance Company has got to be one of the world’s most incompetent, lamest and laziest insurance companies on the planet. One of Travelers business clients committed fraud and performed careless repairs on my vehicle. I provided Travelers with photos, videos, mechanic comments and repair estimates. Travelers then claimed that they have to see the vehicle's damages anyway. Obviously, Travelers likes to play the role of an ASE Certified Mechanic. They recommend that I not drive the vehicle but then refused to give me a rental car. Travelers then took 12 days to come out and look at my vehicle just to see and take photos of the same exact damages that I already gave them previously. Travelers took a total of 15 days just to advise that they are not going to cover any damages now. What a waste of time and money. Stay away!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I commercial truck hit me and break my driver side mirror. They don’t answer the calls and after they answer they asked me to get an estimate from a shop to repair it. The estimate came for $386. They only send $168 and they said that’s what their estimate department approved. My pickup was parked and the truck driver Apologies for the accident but this insurance is bad.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was using a valet parking at a hospital that was insured by Travelers. An employee working for the valet company turned too sharply and crushed the side of the truck bed. I got a quote from a body shop and sent the quote to the claims adjuster. The correct way to make this repair is to replace the complete side of the bed. The claims adjuster called the body shop and asked them to re-quote the repair by beating out the dents and skimming over with filler to smooth out the surface prior to painting. After talking with multiple body shops they all agree that the correct way to repair the damage is to replace the complete panel. It came from the factory with straight sides and I expect it to have straight sides when the repairs are complete. I personally don't think that this is a good company to have a policy with or have a claim against. All they care about is doing things on the cheap. I'll probably have to sue them if we can't reach an agreement.

Travelers Auto Insurance Company Information