Travel Guard

Travel Guard Reviews

Find a Best Travel Insurance partner
1.2(605)

Banner image

Traveling soon? Make sure your trip is covered!

Get travel insurance that meets your needs on Faye

Check Pricing

About Travel Guard

AIG Travel, Inc., a member of American International Group, Inc., is a worldwide leader in travel insurance and global assistance. Travel Guard® the marketing name for its portfolio of travel insurance and travel-related services, including medical and security services, marketed to both leisure and business travelers around the globe. Services are provided through a network of wholly owned service centers located in Asia, Europe and the Americas. For additional information, please visit our websites.

Banner image

Traveling soon? Make sure your trip is covered!

Get travel insurance that meets your needs on Faye

• 1%
  • 0%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG Travel?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG Travel?
    Verified purchase
    Contract & TermsCoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed July 8, 2024

Does not cover flight delays due to the airline.... Are you serious??? I thought that was common sense, so I purchased it. To think that this is a service that is linked by google too is a shame. You'll file a claim and they'll send you their terms and conditions which is law jargon that basically translates to, "We will pay only if a tornado destroys your plane with you in it." Don't fall for this scam, this is what's wrong with America.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I bought this travel insurance because they listed "100% refund on trip cancellation" with NO FINE PRINT to be seen anywhere. When we indeed did have to cancel one of our travelers, they refused to give me a refund for the airline ticket.

Get buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 24, 2024

NIGHTMARE! To try and make a long nightmare short... AIG cancelled my mom's claim and mistook it for mine while she was out of the country, a family emergency occurred and I needed to book her a flight to return from Peru immediately but LATAM airlines would not help to cancel her original flight date until they could speak with the travel agent despite having all information for her flight (that day I learned just how much power a random travel agent could hold, this was the only one person representing this travel agency).

Back to AIG, they are on a recorded call telling me that my insurance would not be cancelled due to a credit card issue and not to worry. I asked for a reference number for the call and was told they can't issue one. Fine, next thing you know insurance was cancelled on my mom's flight (not even mine which is the one they intended to cancel due to credit card issue even though they told me not to worry it wouldn't be cancelled), next thing you know my mom is in timbuktu during a huge family emergency without any medical coverage etc.

I called AIG day after day after day. Each day I got a different answer and had to repeat the story of what happened. Each time took countless hours that I will never get back. Once I got to a supervisor who apologized and said to allow him to listen to the calls so they can see where they told me that my mom was insured and to "enjoy her trip", then he would go ahead with our refund) never heard back from him, called again each day and finally got a call back from "Senior operations manager" named Blake (my first encounter with someone who speaks fluent english), first conversation went well and he apologized.

The next thing I knew he was emailing me back essentially accusing me of fraud, despite me providing all medical documents and getting their forms filled out by the Dr). Oh and please allow 15-20 business days for them to respond by emails. Their negligence and incompetence, lack of accountability, can cause a lot of grief and money! Just RUN, RUN, RUN as fast as you can like the ginger bread man.

Verified purchase
      Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 21, 2024

This is just a scam, literally. YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY FROM THEM. Never again. Expedia should cancel any affiliation with them, I bought this insurance only because Expedia recommended and promise easy process to file a claim and return money. As result - no return for hotel, not even return for insurance itself. Complete scam.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 18, 2024

I can only speak to the purchasing process which was hassle-free. The occasion to file a claim did not occur. The agents were professional and knowledgeable. The price and benefits offered were competitive.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 11, 2024

It is going to be 2 months since we filed the claim and until today, we have NOT gotten a call from the adjuster, even though we have been asking multiple times to talk to the adjuster supervisor. This company is a fraud, we filed a claim because of a cancelled flight from New York to Dubai, and AIG only sent us a check for $200 which does not cover the 2 airplane tickets that we lost, accommodation, food or other expenses, that they claimed that AIG would cover in case of a loss.

Trying to contact them is a waste of time, there is a number listed, but the lady answering the phone can only “notify” the adjuster that we tried to contact him/her and the adjuster is supposed to return the call… which never happened.

I really doubt that AIG Travel Insurance is a legit company, it feels more like there is someone in a foreign country pretending to run an insurance company. AIG has the claim dates wrong, the correct date should be 4/13/2024 and they insist that it is 4/11/2024; on top of that, there is no way to contact anyone besides the answering lady that can only “notify the adjuster” and the answers that we got by email are copy and paste from Chatgpt and do not give a straight answer. I don’t even think that this is legal, there are multiple complaints about AIG Travel Insurance and somehow, they are still operating.

Reviewed June 6, 2024

Be ready to do your homework if you need to cancel. I had to have a drs note, have the dr fill out a form, cancel the flight and then I could start a claim. It's definitely hard work to get your money back even when you paid this company to make it less hassle. They also have several pages you have to fill out as well. So far it's taken my whole morning to just get the process started. Good luck if you have to cancel your trip.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoverageSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2024

This is my experience and my opinion. If could give this company a zero star I would. All the reviews stating this company is a scam are correct in my opinion based on my experience. I purchased trip cancellation/interruption insurance. I sustained an injury and Travel Guard (AIG) did absolutely nothing to help me, and they denied my claim after I provided all necessary information. My experience has led me to believe Travel Guard (AIG) designs their policies to fail their customers. I echo the previous posts who feel it's a scam, cash grab and an untrustworthy company. I think you should go elsewhere for travel insurance. I think this company sells cheap insurance to lure you in and then doesn't deliver in your time of need.

I went as far as sending correspondence to senior staff (Peter ** CEO and others). Not one of these people acknowledged me. A true executive to believes in their company, the value of its customers, and prides themselves with honor and morals would have done more. My opinion is they are shameful and exhibit unethical business practices. I would recommend Investors think long and hard before they tie their name to a disgraceful company with such business practices as this one.

My experience also leads me to believe, providing quality fair service is not their objective. Their profits are solely based on robbing and tricking policy holders with unclear, policy terms. I should have paid more attention to previous reviews containing "Customers be warned". I highly encourage potential buyers to understand your policy in detail before buying. A warning sign is customer service unable to interpret their own policy. I experienced first hand how incompetent the staff were as I tried to navigate my policy with them in my time of need. The staff do not provide proper assistance. I did not feel safe nor protected with Travel Guard AIG. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

This was money not well spent. I will never recommend them and advise AARP to not use them as well. My brother passed away while I was in this trip who lives in another state. I'm not working his wife for a death certificate. I'm done with them. They have my money and the hotel has two extra days paid for.

Coverage

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Do not purchase travel insurance. They will deny you and tell you are not qualified. I provided them all documentation and they told me that my child was not covered. SMH! Had I known that they were going to screw me over, I would have not purchased insurance with them.

AIG Travel author review by Holly Johnson

Serving millions of travelers each year, Travel Guard is one of the leading providers of travel insurance.

• Per-trip or annual plans: Get coverage for an annual vacation or for every trip you take during the year.

• Instant online quoting: In addition to their more than 12,000 travel partners, you can also buy Travel Guard plans online.

• Tiered pricing: Choose between three different service levels to get the coverage you need.

• Travel health insurance available: Health issues and medical emergencies can crop up at any time, but with travel health insurance, you can visit a doctor and know that your bill is covered.

• Baggage coverage: Enjoy up to $1,000 in coverage if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged during your trip.

by Holly Johnson Personal Finance Writer

Holly Johnson is the founder of Club Thrifty, a personal finance and travel resource geared to families, and has over 10 years of freelance writing experience covering credit cards, loans, insurance and other banking topics. She is also the co-author of budgeting book Zero Down Your Debt: Reclaim Your Income and Build a Life You'll Love. Johnson is an investment expert who built and manages her own seven-figure portfolio, and she frequently writes about various investment strategies.

Travel Guard Company Information