Travel Guard

Travel Guard

3.7/5 (286 ratings)

Insure your next trip with Generali Global Services

Choose from 3 different plans today!

Get a Quote
Find a Travel Insurance partner

About Travel Guard

AIG Travel, Inc., a member of American International Group, Inc., is a worldwide leader in travel insurance and global assistance. Travel Guard® the marketing name for its portfolio of travel insurance and travel-related services, including medical and security services, marketed to both leisure and business travelers around the globe. Services are provided through a network of wholly owned service centers located in Asia, Europe and the Americas. For additional information, please visit our websites.

Travel Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travel Guard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG Travel?

Original review: June 9, 2022

For a recent trip to Europe we paid $1200.00 for a policy that we believed covered illness, etc. We were also told it would cover lost baggage. It doesn't. After 2 months of back and forth, we were told to use our homeowners insurance, which, of course had a higher deductible than the value of our items in our bag. We trusted our travel agency who sold us this policy. They should have mentioned this little caveat. We trusted Travel Guard. In both cases, this trust was misplaced. While Travel Guard happily took our money in its open palm, it fisted any monies it said it would give. Greed won. We lost. We will not use, nor will we recommend this company.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Web site says 10-15 business days to settle a claim. When I call, I'm told 4 weeks? I only have two simple claims: a 2day non refundable hotel stay and a short inexpensive non refundable flight. Ridiculous.

Get buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I purchased a trip through Expedia and then had to cancel the trip as the our dates of travel changed. I purchased travel insurance through this company and they refused to refund me the premium even after my trip was cancelled and the dates changed. So currently I paid over $400 in premium for insurance coverage for a trip that does not even exist.

Original review: May 12, 2022

YOU WILL LOSE TIME AND MONEY, GUARANTEED! AIG fraudulently represented insurance services that were not even any type of insurance but rather a scheme to defraud consumers. This violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Act is specific in that AIG was and is representing that goods or services have sponsorship, approval, characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, or quantities they do not have. After a claim is filed the actual terms of the policy are revealed. In this case they were requiring a doctors’ visit and report for the claim I submitted. However this was never disclosed in advance in ANY of the literature. The “insurance” is simply marketed as Travel Insurance by ignorant travel agents who make recommendations without any training or licensing. Therefore, the product is fraudulent and deceptive on its very offering.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Someone should sue them. They deny all claims. Read small words. This company should be illegal. DON'T buy!! If you are a lawyer bring them to court. They scammed many people! Criminals! Criminals! Criminals!

Original review: May 4, 2022

You pay for a service, you would expect to get service!? Normally, yes; with this company NO WAY! They will jerk you around so much, make you jump through hoops, etc. and still not do anything or reimburse you for anything. You are better using a credit card that protects the consumer against FRAUD when you are making any type of reservations. I contacted my credit card company and put a stop to their (Travel Guard's and Expedia's) nonsense in a heartbeat. Never again will I use either of these groups. Check out reviews before you get sucked in!

Original review: May 2, 2022

Our flights got cancelled due to weather the first weekend in February. We had to rebook with another airline at a much more expensive rate, as our airline never rebooked us. It's now May, and I still haven't received a response. I've called Travel Guard multiple times and always get the same answer, it's under review. Today they did transfer me to the person supposedly reviewing my case, but to no surprise, my call was not answered, and said it would take approx 3 days to get a call back. I will never use Travel Guard again.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I signed up for the travel insurance. They declined my claim and after reading all the reasons for claims, my reason was not one of them. Not only do you have to go through all the hassle to prove a claim with documentation, but the small print seems to negate every reason. This is scam insurance. And will not cover any reason for cancelling a trip. This insurance company - AIG Travel Insurance are CROOKS!!!

Original review: April 15, 2022

A training was canceled resulting in accommodations being canceled. I had no choice but to cancel airline reservations. Travel Guard denied my claim. We were out just over $1500. I will never do business with Travel Guard again. They are limited in what they reimburse and even more limited in how they interpret your problem. If I could give them minus stars I would.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had to give one star because apparently I couldn’t proceed with this without clicking on it. Honestly they should get negative stars! They are a complete joke. I had to cancel a trip back in January due to broken arm. Sent all the required forms in and have made a million calls to them with same nonsense responses. I even certified mail to make sure they received it because they kept saying there were missing documents!!! I emailed them stating I knew they received it because I had it signed for. This 10 to 15 day is all nonsense they never once got in touch with me and just know I was told by their representative that it is closed!!!! I still don’t have my money and it is now April!!! Their rude representative actually hung up on me!!! I will proceed further and never deal with them again and tell everyone I know that they are scammers!!!!

AIG Travel author review by Matthew Brodsky

Serving millions of travelers each year, Travel Guard is one of the leading providers of travel insurance.

• Per-trip or annual plans: Get coverage for an annual vacation or for every trip you take during the year.

• Instant online quoting: In addition to their more than 12,000 travel partners, you can also buy Travel Guard plans online.

• Tiered pricing: Choose between three different service levels to get the coverage you need.

• Travel health insurance available: Health issues and medical emergencies can crop up at any time, but with travel health insurance, you can visit a doctor and know that your bill is covered.

• Baggage coverage: Enjoy up to $1,000 in coverage if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged during your trip.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor