Fast Free Quotes

State Farm Auto Insurance
3.88/5
Based on 2,716 ratings submitted in the last year

State Farm Auto Insurance

State Farm provides several different insurance products, including auto, home and renters insurance. State Farm is not a participant in the InsuraMatch and *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. With one simple phone call, you can contact InsuraMatch to get quotes for vehicle coverage from multiple providers.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

State Farm Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2019

I was rear ended & other driver fled scene of accident. My 1st accident in 42 years of driving & my payment increased by $60 a month on a 10 year old car. They never sent adjuster. They stated I was 40% responsible without reviewing camera footage, pictures taken. I was not ticketed and other driver fled the scene.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Worst claim service imaginable. My wife was in an auto accident where a young driver was on their phone and not paying attention. He ended up hitting the stopped vehicle in front of him who was pushed into my wife’s vehicle. Liability was accepted by State Farm and they paid to get her vehicle fixed. She was injured and had over 30 visits with providers. We kept calling the bodily injury adjuster to find out what we should be doing with no response. She finished treatment in November and we called once a week after that to find out what we needed to do with no answer and no response.

We made over 20 calls to them over the past few months with one single call back. They gave us a low ball offer to settle the bodily injury and we refused. They said this was the best they could do based on the damage to our vehicle. When I pushed more they raised the offer but it is still a low ball offer. They are now saying this is the best they can do based on the damage to our vehicle. I have left several messages for the adjusters boss with no return call. They are not willing to pay for what they owe. We have collections agency’s after us because they refused to properly review the documents submitted and evaluate the claim in a timely manner.

We still have not settled the claim and we still have not heard from the adjuster's boss. The adjuster rarely answers our calls, even when we leave a message, and never returns calls when we do. DO NOT GET STATE FARM FOR YOUR INSURANCE. They are not responsive and don’t care about you or the people you may get in an accident with. This is the worst experience we have ever had with an insurance company and we have been around insurance companies for many years!

Original review: March 7, 2019

Every time I call they tell me something different. I just had a call with State Farm claims department. The claims agent was so rude with me. No help at all. I had to hang up on her because she started yelling. Then she calls me back and asks me if she's talking to ** and I say, "No. You are talking to **, the owner of the car" and she says, "Well I am calling the wrong number," and hanged up on me. Just in general State Farm is a ** service. After I finish this claim I am so done with them. Any recommendations?

Original review: March 7, 2019

Michelle Twitchell Insurance Agency in Bartlett, IL I've been with for 5 years for home and 2 car insurance got so obnoxious with her policy of canceling paid in full car insurance I couldn't believe. As I said I had two car insurance and one of my cars had insurance from Sept to March 2019. I cancel one of my car insurance in December 2018 and the payment was adjusted and due in January which I did not know about since I paid for 6 months in full. The idiots did not call me about my MB in Dec 2018 but about my BMW don't drive anymore and do not need insurance for.

First of all, I think it should be against the law to back charge you if you pay in full for six months of insurance no matter what. (Another American legalized crime.) Second of all, I should be notified that my car insurance will be canceled, so I will not drive without valid insurance for over a month. This agency is filled with disgusting ignorant people and should be investigated so there are no people on the road without insurance and knowledge they do not have one. The one positive thing about the incident is, I found out that Michelle was overcharging me over $660 dollars on my home and car insurance. Very greedy and ignorant people people work in that State Farm agency. Stay alert.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We had State Farm insurance for years. Never had an accident! My son was T-boned by another person who was insured through another company! They took full responsibility but we were advised to go through our insurance and they would go after the other company! Biggest mistake!!! The accident happened in May 2018. We are still waiting to be paid back, the same year we had to put in two windshield repair claims and my husband bumped another car leaving nothing on either car! The lady my husband bumped worked for State Farm, she went into the system. Found my phone number (I wasn’t in the little fender bender so how would she have my number). That lady who had ZERO marks on her car claimed a medical injury (btw she’s insured by a different company, not the one she works for) after telling my husband that she was in an accident the week prior in her other vehicle which totaled that car!

State Farm didn’t listen to my husband's claim, didn’t take the picture we have of both the cars and paid her out! Meanwhile we have not been paid out for the accident caused by someone else, and State Farm canceled us stating we had too many claims in one year! They include windshield repairs against you! This is a terrible company and I would advise everyone to stay away from them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was rear ended by a policy holder with State farm. Contacted State Farm the following day to make a claim. It took almost a month for State Farm to accept liability. After that the battle really started. State Farm sent an adjuster about a week later. Adjuster was nice, he totaled my car. In a few days State Farm called and offered a settlement, but refused to pay for the rental car I had to obtain because they had not authorized the rental car. State Farm then demanded to pick up the car without payment and said they would mail a check at a later date, which I refused to do. Hire an attorney whenever you have to deal with this company since they will not provide acceptable customer service not handle their government mandated responsibilities. It's now been over two month since my car was totaled and they refuse to pay.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I was recently rear ended by a person insured by State Farm. He even admitted guilt. However, when I submitted the claim, it took more than 3 days for a callback and there was minimal investigation into the accident. Even though I submitted several pieces of evidence, including pictures and diagrams of the occurrence (not to mention documentation showing safety features my car contains vs. the lack of features his large SUV contains) they stated there was no evidence their insured was at fault. Save yourself a headache and choose another company who will advocate for the consumer. If they treat an auto insurance claim with such indifference, how do you think they'll treat a home insurance claim?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Another kid at high school hit my car my son was driving while it was parked. He had State Farm. Claim process went well with rental car set up for when my car was in repair shop. They totaled my car as damage was more than value. Claim process went downhill after they said they would mail me a check. Said I'd receive within 5 days. Now at 9 days and still no check. Car rental company calls me about when I'm taking my car into shop and need the rental. Apparently State Farm never notified them their services not needed. Still out a car and no reimbursement check!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

As my daughter was driving through a parking lot alley, State Farm customer pulled out and hit my car on passenger front side, above front wheel well. I filed with State Farm, but they are telling me I’m 20% liable and would only pay 80% of the damages because their customer was a quarter way out and I could have taken evasive actions to avoid them. I’ve substantial pictures taken after the accident to support that their customer hit my car, yet they are refusing to fix my car. I’m planning to file complaints against them at State Insurance Corporation, but would appreciate any other inputs.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was rear ended at a red light. State Farm doesn't want to pay for damage because I had previously damage to the side of my vehicle that is not related to the accident. They have literally gotten out of paying for anything. I have never filed an insurance claim in my life. I took the car to a certified auto shop on two occasions with pictures. The mechanic stated issues were related to accident. He even spoke directly to agent and advised. They have been nothing but rude and they do not return calls.

A State Farm investigator who is bias to State Farm because he works there, said it's wear and tear. Of course he would say that he works there. Who regulates State Farm and has checks and balances. This is so one sided and bias. Of course a vehicle will have wear and tear but if I had never been hit I wouldn't have the issues. I have been treated like a criminal and they are so rude and condescending toward the consumer the people who in turn help pay their salaries. Everyone in the world is not a liar and it's just sad. This is how honest hardworking people are treated.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Just to let everybody know how bad State Farm is. I have been a loyal client of State Farm for about 20 years or so. I have no accidents or tickets. The one time I made a claim because somebody hit my car and mess up my hood and windshield. They told me it was two separate claims and is trying to get out of helping me. Also I'm the kind of person that never complains and don't even send my food back because not was messed up. But State Farm is the worse insurance company I could ever imagine and I will be canceling them and going to another insurance company. I wouldn't recommend State Farm to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I lived in Dallas-Fort Worth for over 30 years, I had the State Farm agent all that time. No problems or issues. As of 6 months ago, I was transferred to the Bossier City, Louisiana area. As of this writing, I have had to send my homeowner's, life, and auto policies to Baton Rouge which is approximately 7 hours away. I have done this because of the unprofessional behavior of this agent and his office manager. I was told that IF I transferred in the area I lived in, they would go out of their way to tell every State Farm Agent my history here in Louisiana. We now have been hung up on here AGAIN because our life insurance has NOT been transferred to the new agent, the agent nor the office manager will speak to us. We now have late fees, policies not getting paid because we are being told that HEADQUARTERS is to blame. I would recommend to go with USAA or a more reputable company. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Coming out of midtown tunnel on Queens side my family Grandpa, 2 daughters, 2 granddaughters had a blowout on our right rear tire. Pulled aside on the expressway, and called the emergency assistance number on the State Farm insurance card. This is when the "sense of comfort" left all of us. Took 1/2 hour to finally navigate the taped responses to get to a customer service rep, where we again were subjected to repeating all of our statistics and being told they could not find our account.

After calling back with the identical info, but new Rep. was the asked questions like where we were. What town are we near. All delay tactics as if "on side of eastbound LIE at Midtown tunnel exit" was not enough to find us. We attempted to change the tire ourselves. Not a job for a 72 yr old grandpa with daughters on the side of the expressway in the dark. Luckily, we got assistance from another party and after about 1.5 hours were able to resume our journey. State Farm needs to get its act together!! Disgusted customer.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have been with State Farm for 3 years. When I went to purchase a new vehicle I call my insurance company to get a quote and they stated that I did not have insurance for the last 6 months, which I was unaware of. I was supposed to have automatic payments coming out of my account which would ensure that I was covered on a monthly basis. I had no notice of cancellation. I had no phone call about the cancellation. This is terrible customer service. When I got a quote on my new car it ended up being $243 on a monthly basis. This is outrageous! I have a fantastic driving history, no accidents, no tickets and that is what they quoted me.

Today I called to cancel my policy because I found a policy for $170 less for the same coverage and once I stated that I was going to cancel my policy the customer service rep changed his tone of voice and treated me very poorly. I also asked him to assure that my automatic payment would not be coming out as I had set up when I first started my policy for my brand new car, he put me on hold, came back and said I was not set up for automatic payments so that I should be okay.

Once I informed him that this was another reason why I was canceling the policy because when a customer requests something it's never done correctly that I would like him to inform my State Farm agent this is why he's losing customers. I got backlash and the customer service rep said okay bye. Absolutely will never use State Farm again. In addition when State Farm hires these customer service reps while you're interviewing you should put emphasis on hiring good personalities, not just work experience. Terrible Service. I recommend finding another insurance company for this one surely will go out of business In the future based off of customer service alone.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My family and I had State Farm for about a decade before we began getting into accidents which in turn they deemed us high-risk clients and canceled us. However in the process, we received many discounts of which, was signing for a life insurance policy that I didn't want or need. They breached the law by NOT disclosing that I would surrender the cash I have been paying for three years (amount does not exceed $1,000) had I canceled. The person that sold me the policy was not fluent in English and knew little to nothing about the product she was selling me.

The reason I signed was because they incentivized it telling me that I would receive a substantial discount. I've been paying $28 for the past three years and when I finally called to cancel, it unraveled into bitter feud I did not want from the beginning. This office in particular preys on unsuspecting people that know are not familiar with business/insurance vernacular and sell them on virtually anything.

When I finally got around to canceling, I received a letter in the mail completely contradicting the information I was told at their physical office. In the letter, I am told that the amount I've surrendered is $38.24 which couldn't be further from the truth, as I have had this policy for well over three years. They have deliberately falsified and retained vital information to refrain from paying me what is owed. I was also told I would received a check in the mail, however, not in the amount of $9.33. I am asking that the money I've paid them in the last couple of years be reimbursed in full.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

There is a big problem with the system of State Farm. I think I have updated my living address but State Farm still sent the check for my claim to my old address. Also, their staff told me that I can changed the preference to directly deposit to my bank account to receive the money but after several days they still haven't issued it yet. I didn't know and I called to ask why I still haven't got it then they told me they still haven't issued it. Really terrible experience. Disappointed on the service!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Fully covered. They paid the city of Grand Prairie TX - Real nice people but my wife of 35 years had a accident on a very raining night and they acted like, "Who are you?" 2006 Jeep Commander 17,500 was paid for. They said must have been the tires. NO! Brand new Goodyears 600. They just refuse to help. Ok. This was Oct of 2015. We still have not got a dime 3 1/2 years. My wife walks to Kroger. Me I am handicap. Only one leg. I call all the time. They now are just rude and now we are just out 18,100 and me on SSI can't get another car. When do we just give up?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We had State Farm for our homeowners insurance for over 25 years, paid all premiums on time, and never had a claim. Sometime after that period of time our house was hit by lightning & hail multiple times. We made 6 claims, 3 of which resulted in $0 dollar claims. After the second hail claim to replace our roof & a car, State Farm dropped us stating that “we were too high of a risk, & that we should take more precaution!” I wrote a letter to the CEO, which was intercepted by some overpaid middle manager, who called me and basically told me that I wasn’t going to speak with the overpaid CEO, and that they were dropping us, and to move on! CEO Michael Tipsord’s 2017 pay was $8.5 million! Poor guy.

So they love customers who pay year after year, but when you need their support for the services you’re paying them for, they drop you because now they have to pay. Money doesn’t seem to be a problem with the amount of advertising, and sponsorships they do to lure people to buy their products, but it is when a customer needs their support! I was fortunate to get coverage from Allstate at a lower price & have been a customer of theirs for close to 10 years. I would not recommend State Farm.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was in a minor car accident on Christmas Eve of last year. I was completely not at fault as another driver hit me trying to pass a semi truck on an interstate. We were both State Farm drives and everyone was fine so I figured the claim process would be simple. There was minor damage to my car, which is older so I took it to one of State Farm's select service auto body repair shops. The mechanic told me there was some pre-existing rust (which I did not know about) and State Farm would only pay some damage and I would have to pay out of pocket. He said it would be $3000 out of pocket, and advised me to cash out the claim and save the money for when I could afford the repairs. So, I did just that. Well, last night at 6:45 pm I received a voicemail stating State Farm had overpaid the claim and I had to write them a check for $1000 and had 30 days to pay.

Note: they did not send anything in writing and when I called back 15 minutes after getting the voicemail, I was told there was no one available to discuss my issue. When I called back I spoke to an extremely rude woman who said I should have realized the claim was overpaid. I explained that I thought the difference had to do with the mechanic and what he told me. She said either I pay it in 30 days or it will be sent to collections. I still have not received anything in writing, which is extremely concerning to me. I have been a customer of State Farm since I first got my license (20 yrs).

I left due to back customer service but decided to give them another chance. Well, not anymore. The way I have been treated is ridiculous. No apologies, no admittance they made a mistake. All they said was I have 30 days to pay them. I don't have money for a lawyer. The check from the claim I used to purchase a new laptop as mine was damaged in the accident but I was told that could not be proven so no luck there. I would recommend everyone should stay clear of State Farm and their select service repair shops.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My son was on a one lane road driving behind a car. The other car decided to slow down and get on the shoulder and continue slowing. He continued driving and when he got almost past the other vehicle that is on the shoulder, that vehicle decided to make a hard left to get back into the lane. Resulting in back half on passenger side of my vehicle to be damaged. When insurance claims department for other vehicle (which is also State Farm) took my teenage son's statement he told them he was 2-3 car lengths behind car when she pulled onto shoulder.

They are now saying he stated he was that far behind her when she got back into lane, thus could have avoided her hitting him. Either they misunderstood my son's statement or he misspoke being nervous but by the damage to my vehicle, it clearly indicates he was almost past her when she pulled back into lane plus police report indicates she was a fault. If happened as they are saying, the front of my vehicle would be damaged, not the rear passenger side. I explained that to them & sent pictures of damage but they said they only take first statement no matter what happened. They are trying to say he is 15% at fault. I am currently getting a lawyer to fight this and shopping other insurance companies. How can they ignore proof, I believe it's because if they say he is 15% at fault, then they can justify raising my rates but accepting the facts, they cannot raise my rates. State Farm is shady and I will never use them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had an accident in April 2017. Someone backed into me as I was approaching a stop light after they overshot the intersection... State Farm said only body damage and minor issues. Paid for the repairs. FAST FORWARD... July, car feels funny but I'm told nothing is wrong... (Sometime between) Jul-Nov...called State Farm to come look at vehicle due to side mirror never being added to original estimate nor was fixed. Adjuster came out to place of work and said she recommends I go to a used parts shop and buy a replacement mirror because her boss will not allow her to approve it due to Camaro mirrors being high priced. YET...2 more adjusters came out to view issues. When I called about having after accident issues both deemed my vehicle nondrivable and approved transmission assembly to be repaired or replaced despite the fact 3k miles had been driven since the accident.

I was told by mechanics AND the adjuster the transmission may not be the entire issue but he could tell immediately that the accident caused damage that was not initially predicted and apologized for not catching the damage initially thusly preventing extensive damages. It was asked if the engine was assessed and I was told, "Let's look into one major issue at a time because to assess the engine it would need to be removed and completely broken down to examine internal components for extent of damage if damage did exist within engine due to accident." I agreed and transmission, intercooler, radiator, and some other parts were paid to be replaced completely. I was told I was all good to go... Both my mechanic and I took my Camaro for a test drive after months of dealing with State Farm. Not a block into drive car is still acting funny.

I call State Farm and report this. They say they need to look inside of engine and I'd need to cover the cost upfront and if engine did indeed need repair I'd be reimburse. So I handed over 1500.00 and authorize the breakdown of my beautiful engine. Different adjuster came out and I was told via phone it was not approved because they didn't see damage but more importantly because I had placed 3k miles on the vehicle since original repairs and technically I should feel lucky because my transmission should have never been approved! Yes these words came from my claim specialist. She stated mechanics never sent her reports in timely manner. I verified with shop and they assured me they sent report to State Farm when they sent the same copy to me. I called State Farm back and explained this to them and I was told by team member if I could email in the report. In which I did.

Then my claim specialist calls me and says report not complete. They want more of a breakdown and want original diagnostic codes from state authorized system to prove the engine light was on and why they even thought something was possibly wrong with the engine to cause the breakdown and inspection to be requested. The shop complied. After my claim handler got everything she needed including a video I drove an hour from home to take off the mechanic breaking down the issue in full and simplified so even I could understand the cause issue and effect.

She said she still would refuse to approve it because the shop took too long to respond with docs. (Keep in mind we just suffered thru Harvey. An extreme ice freeze that took the entire city off grid for a week...and a snowstorm Texas wasn't familiar with. I had a newborn child, and a home to repair due to mother nature so the engine was not a number one priority such as fixing leaks, roofs, furniture, and lives.) Well... Here it is Feb 2019 and my Camaro still sits exactly where it has been since 2017. I even questioned why it couldn't be approved since I was not at fault and the other insurance would be covering damages regardless since other driver admitted fault and 3 experts viewed my engine and all components of vehicle and deemed the engine damage due to unassessed initial damage both original mechanics and adjusters overlooked.

She stated they didn't know what they were talking about. She is an expert and she knows the 3k miles I drove solely caused engine issues and just because other insurance will be paying State Farm in full for cost State Farm is the one that has to wait for the agreement to be reached and the higher the damages cost the harder for approval it is since as she stated technically the vehicle should have been deemed a total loss because damage cost are more than amount I owed for vehicle. I asked to speak with supervisor and all he told me was, "I agree with whatever outcome she decides."

WOW... I then am told from the auto shop when they spoke with her she originally agreed to repair engine partly due to the fact that, (in her words) "let's get this thing fixed so I can close Ms. ** claim because that woman is nothing but trouble for me, send me the report and cost to repair and it should be approved within two weeks once I send my adjuster to verify vehicle is as report states then we will proceed to being done with Ms. **." Adjuster came and viewed Camaro and concurred with mechanics findings... Shortly after this verbal slander took place I was told about it and I proceeded to call my claim team and file a grievance. Was told she was on vacation and issue would be addressed then.

When she came back I was not apologized to for her statement, instead I was told... "I apologize but I will not be able to approve your claim now or ever due to adjuster not being able to verify there is any damage period. And all other reasons. You may speak with my supervisor but I've already discussed this claim with him and he fully supports me. Thank you for choosing State Farm. Goodbye." I after that gave up my fight. But I didn't forget it. I don't know what my rights are but I fully intend to exercise them. And I intend to make sure the claim handler answer for the behavior directed towards me.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

State Farm is now putting fake $0 claim marks on your customer's record if you have 2 claims on your record or feel they are paying too much for your not at fault accidents. Technical errors or deliberate? Many previous customer have had to go to other car insurance companies and pay over $300/month because $0 claims showing them to be false high risk drivers. Class action lawsuit for the lawyer who wants to find out canceled policies or customers who have any $0 claims on their record. This is good.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I know that I am in the polar vortex and that many cars were not working, but when I called at 1:30pm to get my car jumped (it was in my driveway) I was told that it would be 3 hours and I was okay with that. 3.5 hours later I was told that the guy might not be there until 7pm. I was okay with that. What I was not okay with was the customer service lady telling me to get a neighbor or friend to jump it (if it was that easy I would have done that in the first place), call the cops to have them jump it, and take a cab to work (who would then be there to get my car jumped?). At around 6:30pm they called me and said that maybe the original guy would come out but no one else was doing jumps that night. Then they decided it was appropriate to call me at almost 2:30am to reschedule.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've been insured with State Farm for about 10 to 15 years now. I recently bought a used car but have had several electrical problems with it so it hasn't really been drove maybe 3 times in 6 months. Well when I bought the car I went ahead and paid 6 months in full from July 2018 to December 2018. Well around January 15, 2019 I received a letter about one of my other vehicles and I called them immediately. Amongst our conversation she happen to tell me that I didn't have coverage on my car I just bought in July! I was furious! She stated that State Farm sent out a letter back in December that the insurance was not going to be renewed after December. I asked the lady why didn't anyone try to call me or send an email? The lady replied with the same statement saying State Farm sent out a letter in December.

Now here it is there is no explanation as to why they are not giving me coverage and as of today I still don't have insurance on the vehicle and it's January 28th. The last time I spoke with this lady she said that she added insurance back on my car that was canceled on January 22nd. I just called the office and a different lady answered the phone and told me that I don't have coverage on that vehicle! What in the hell is going on with this agency? One person tells me one thing and another person tells me another thing!

Now keep in mind I've been with this company now for 10 plus years and this is how you're treated all of a sudden? Not a problem; I will take my business elsewhere. I'm sure another company would love to have $1,000 per month payments from me! State Farm is sure not for their customers, especially the ones that's been with them for years! Never again! Please be wise and take your business somewhere else cause eventually you will regret having State Farm as your agent!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

So here I am writing this review while I've been waiting for over 2 & a half hours for this tow truck. I can't believe how long this is taking and it's been back & forth phone calls constantly. I've had to turn my car off for fear of my battery dying on me. If I had any other options right now I would use them, I am going to learn how to change a damn tire myself so I never have to use this service again. I probably could have walked home by now. Not to mention missing work and my daughter having to be left with her grandma.

I understand the fact that there's traffic but when I call and you say 15 min EVERY 15 min obviously I'm going to get aggravated especially if you start to sound irritated that I'm calling. This is absolutely unacceptable and I don't know if they don't have enough tow truck drivers (JACK RABBIT TOWING) or what but to leave someone stranded for 3 hours is ludicrous. God forbid I had my daughter with me. State Farm has seriously let me down!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have been with State Farm for Auto Insurance for close to 40...yes that IS 40 years! In all this time they have had horrible customer service and claims departments but I suppose I have just been too lazy to switch. I see most all the reviews give 1 star so isn't that saying something to you State Farm!!! Are you paying attention!!! I think NOT! I just had an issue with my rates being raised $700.00 a year for the lack of one safe driving low mileage odometer reading. Paul ** and Dave ** in underwriting are horrible and refuse to lower my rates back down to what they were at 700.00 less after all my years of loyalty. This is HORRENDOUS disrespect!!! For the lack of just one odometer reading which they do now acknowledge they have and still they will NOT lower my rates back to where they were.

I AM INCENSED! EVERY company I have gotten a quote from has been far less than what State Farm is charging me now. So not only a lack of loyalty and good faith but plain outright robbery as they are not even coming close to matching the other new quotes from other companies. In addition over the years I have been involved in some incidents that State Farm deemed 100 percent NOT my fault and yet they were unable to collect the monies due from the other insurance at all or in some cases only half. WHY IS THIS? That is awful. They did not fight hard enough at all to get paid from the parties at fault!!! YES FINALLY I AM SWITCHING AWAY FROM STATE FARM! I do hope you all do as well. Just AWFUL!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I got into a car accident on 10/31/18. It was really scary and bad. I have been in two when I was really young and had State Farm for years now. But this experience was like no other. I had pain and suffering but the most was from dealing with State Farm. I had been giving the runaround from step one on proving it wasn’t my fault, to getting a rental now getting a completely repaired vehicle. It was almost impossible to speak with the adjuster Patty **, they say anyone can help but they can’t cause it always went back to me having to speak to her. I had to call so many times in one week I was singing my claims number. My car has been in repair shop for 3 months when I was told once parts are in about two weeks. After about three weeks State Farm put me in a rental after they had prove it wasn’t my fault. The repair shop had to wait weeks for adjuster from State Farm to come out then weeks to order parts.

Then one time I had to call myself to see what was taking so long and found out that there were lack of communication between the two. There were a number of three time that a discover was made so that the repair shop can fix. Moving along I finally had to exchange numbers with the repair shop adjuster to stay loop more. She let me know when she contacted State Farm about damage that was discovered only to find out State Farm had no knowledge so I had to call the repair shop and link those two together. They said they only communicate through email but they discussed over phone. At that time I was told my rental was overextended then that’s when the repair shop offered a loaner. Long story short it is time for me to get my vehicle. I called every week to the repair shop to check status. It’s ready, do my walk through, the hood is still dented.

She let me know then that State Farm didn’t put this in appraisal, quote this is second appraisal due to new findings over that time frame. But no one had record of the hood damage been missed. Upset, she told me to contact State Farm. I sent pics and let them know. I just wanted my car and wanted to leave. I was so upset. I asked if I have to pay. She said as long as the car is drivable. I did but made it clear that I am not agreeing the condition. I left to drive around corner then realized that my car was not complete and should not have paid. They refund me. Talked to State Farm. They said they have paid now for the hood to be repaired, and sometimes things are overlooked. The damage was clear as daylight. Then she said that I should have gone through one of the repair shops they chose. Ok maybe but I always choose my own. Never had this problem. She blamed the repair shop. Said they had to send in any new discoveries.

I was told that State Farm did the initial appraisal or estimate, they missed it and then the repair shop did as well! Both companies did not communicate and do their jobs effectively. And now I’m trying to figure out their miscues. Both are blaming each other while my car is pushing now four months! Now I’m questioning did my appraisal have everything on there by my insurance company, was things missed on purpose to stay within a certain budget, now that being uncertainty to me. Overall this needs to be looked into to see how to prevent this. There needs to always be communication between the insurance company that’s there to help and ease the pain caused by an accident or whatever, the repair shop no matter who was chosen, if that’s any issue it should not be allowed to pick your own and the customer.

My experience was not good at all. Out of the 30 people I spoken with over my time frame of 3 months I only had two women that brought some type of relief. It was like no one was on the same page. That mean a lot to people when they get in accidents and need to rely on their insurance company to ease that stress. My advice is State Farm listen to your customers and just talk with them on how the process works. And do whatever it takes to make sure that they're taking care of and do whatever it takes to look into any issues or concerns they might have.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

If you are with State Farm or thinking about getting insurance with them STOP and go with another company. Back in July I was backing out of a parking space in a private lot and the car beside me was parked way too close to my truck and I really didn't even see it and I turned the wheel a little too soon and scraped the car. When I got my next bill it went up $100 and I flipped out so I called them and they said, "If the claim is $1700 or more then your insurance goes up," so I had to decrease my tort to get my bill down. When I got my next bill it was $235 then the next month it went back up to $255 so I am cancelling this pathetic insurance and going with Liberty Mutual. DO not ever go with State Farm.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Their insured motorist totaled my car and now State Farm won’t give me a fair market value. Stay clear of this insurance company. Run never insure with these thieves! They claim they're giving me a fair market value but their offer is well below fair market. I’ve yet to be able to find a car for the price they claim my totaled vehicle is worth. I’m out the car, my personal time researching cars and I didn’t do anything wrong. Their driver is at fault.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've had State Farm for 20+ years ever since I was able to drive. I have an excellent driving record and have had ZERO at fault accidents throughout 20 years. I've had three claims/accidents (2 minor claims, one major) throughout two years and State Farm drops me like a hot potato. This goes to show you the kind of company State Farm is. Sure, they have good rates, but that doesn't mean anything if they drop you when you need them.

State Farm Auto Insurance Company Information