2. Finance

Prudential Life Insurance

Prudential Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I only called them once to help me change my percentage of who gets what in my family if God forbid anything happens to me. The Rep guided me to the entire process. Was very patient with me, and also gave me helpful hints. It was very easy to change my allocation so my son gets a good share and my mother as well. I can rest easily now.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

This prudential insurance is really good and the customer service itself is appreciative. Does help in most of the situations. Highly recommended to friends this insurance. Worth trying it. They meet challenges and have best retirement funds. Rates are reasonably good. It helps to plan for the financial future.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

The price was right for the amount of insurance I needed. After reviewing several policies, Prudential had a policy for $250,000 that I could afford. Being a well-established insurance company with good ratings, I felt comfortable getting my policy from them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have a life insurance policy for my adult child, the premium is super inexpensive. It is beneficial the purchase the policy while the insured is very young. This company has been around forever. I would purchase another policy again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have had Prudential Insurance in my family all my life and have never been left without a knowledgeable and helpful servicing agent. They have competitive prices and great service which keeps them a leader in the industry.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The policy is very flexible. It covers all health conditions and now they also added cover for Covid-19. The premium is cheaper and installments are durable. Claiming process is also fast and supports online.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I wish there were negative stars!!! I’ve had HORRIBLE customer service. My representative is impossible to get ahold of and won’t return my messages. It took 3 extra months to get my policy active because of this. I’ve been sent in circles for another 3 months trying to get answers for a random charge from Prudential. I finally get ahold of someone and they are impatient and unfriendly. As soon as this issue is resolved I will IMMEDIATELY stop business with them. DO NOT use prudential life insurance!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Rates for large face value term life insurance policy are very competitive. But when I recently wanted to reduce the face value it took 4 phone calls, over an hour total wait time on the phone, discrepancies in the responses as to what I needed to do to make it happen and dealing with a rude representative who almost hung up on me when I said their instructions differed from the first rep I with whom I spoke. So if you want great or even good customer service, this isn’t the company. If the most important thing to you is rates, they’re great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Prudential is way too expensive. I have a 100,000 dollar policy with them that I am paying the same that I pay for a 500,000 dollar policy that I have with a different company. Also, the customer service is beyond bad. I called once to get some questions answered. It took two weeks for an agent to call me back.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I was cashing out a life insurance policy from 1953. Over 20 calls to customer service trying to trace request. All customer service reps in foreign country and communication skills are weak. No one available to speak with after 2pm west coast time. Request for cash out originally dated July 7,2020. Check might be processed today - August 19,2020. Avoid this company at all costs - find a company with west coast hours, appropriately trained reps, and easy to understand representatives and supervisors who will deal with questions. Never will I deal with Prudential again.

Prudential author review by Neal Frankle

Prudential is a financial services conglomerate that first started operations in 1875. Headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, Prudential is and is a Fortune 500 company offering life insurance, annuities and investments to consumers.

• Variety of products: They offer a full range of insurance products.

• Competitive: They are often very competitive among other life insurance providers.

• Highly rated: They are rated highly by many of the rating agencies such as AM Best, Standard & Poor’s, Mood’s Investors Service, and Fitch.

• Options: Customers who deal directly with Prudential will only be offered Prudential products.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information