Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Prudential Life Insurance
3.32/5

Prudential Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Each of many times that i called on behalf of my mom (i have POA) an agent says they are sorry about our loss but it appears the only thing they are sorry about is paying out a claim. Instead of reviewing the notes from my previous claim they re-ask every question like they know nothing about the claim.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This has been a all around bad experience. I am trying to cash in my baby life insurance that my mother took out on my in 1956. The current surrender value was around $4000 and when I called about 8 months ago Prudential said they would mail it out. I happened to mention that I might be getting separated and that hung everything up. If I wouldn't have said that they would have mailed out the check, I think.

I had to wait a few months to give Prudential the separation decree and when I asked where I could email it they told me they don't have email. What kind of a company doesn't have email. I then asked for the address to mail the document to and they gave me an address that the USPS couldn't find on their site. When I looked up the address on Google Maps the area street view didn't look like somewhere I would want to send any personal information. I called to ask for an address and they just gave me the same address without a street name. I couldn't use my mailing program because the lack of a street name so I hand wrote the envelope and bought a stamp.

This process of getting Prudential the separation decree took 3 weeks. Prudential then said they mailed out the check but could not give me a tracking number or the way the check would be delivered. I waited about 21 days without receiving the check and then called back. Prudential then told me the check had been delivered but it had not. They still could not give me a tracking number (they said it was grayed out) and they could not tell me what service delivered it (USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.). I then paid $25 to have it sent Priority Mail. I would stay away from Prudential, they don't have their act together at all.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

When we called for online help, they really upset my wife. She has vision and some memory issues so when they ask her for past home addresses she couldn’t remember all the details, I (her husband) tried to assist her but the rep rudely stopped me. And it got worst from there. She was almost in tears but the rep was still rude to us. Prudential should be ASHAMED on how that handle their senior customer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

When I was working I purchased a policy through a group plan at low premium cost. When I reached retirement age and on A fixed income the premiums began rapid increases and now the premiums are over 7,000 dollars a year so before you purchase a policy be sure to get a guaranteed list of rate increases for each birthday. You will be shocked. It is a total rip-off.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

My Father passed away and has a Prudential Life Insurance policy that he has had for many years and the policy was fully paid off years ago. My Mother has contacted Prudential Insurance multiple times requesting the documents required so she can fill them out and collect the benefits. She was promised that those documents were mailed but they never arrived. We have no choice but to file a complaint with the State Insurance Commissioner and to hire an attorney. Prudential Insurance is the worst!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

It has one of the worst customer care service. I had a life insurance policy for 2 years. Due to change in the bank, my auto pay didn't go. I didn't receive any communication about payment not done and got the mail that my policy has lapsed. I called and Prudential informed me I have to redo my physical and labs. I sent them a check. Physical and labs are done, everything clear but policy is not still activated. I called them to return my money but haven't received it yet.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I unexpectedly took my retirement from the Commonwealth of Pa. I had a group life insurance policy prior to my retirement on 7/21/2010. I have paid faithfully and on time for the past 9+ years monthly. I get a notice as of 9/1/2019 my Life Insurance has been terminated. So now I am fighting for my life insurance since I am still receiving a Commonwealth Retirement Package. So what did Prudential do with all of my payments?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I wrote my own policy for this insurance company and from start to finish the process was archaic and contrived. To start, I elected an electronic funds transfer (EFT) initial premium and the premium was deducted before my medical exam had even been schedule with no prior warning (even though they had both my phone number and email address on file).

On top of that, when the medical exam came back and I was upgraded to preferred best, I was told I would get a refund of the difference via check in the mail. Instead, I was charged twice one month apart and, once I alerted prudential of their mistake, no one seemed to know what they were talking about, I was redirected three times and disconnected once, and when I finally found someone who actually knew the answer, I was told I’d have to wait for a check in the mail, even though they had taken the money out of my account so quickly. Then, when I asked for the customer complaint department, the representative gave me an address to mail a complaint to. No email, no phone number, no easy way to let them know what my feelings as a customer are. So clearly, Prudential is not a company that cares about its customers, just money.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is the worse company ever. They don't pay out! They don't communicate. And when they do they're rude as hell! All I can say is swiiiitch! My daughter passed away on May 19th 2019. I have yet to receive anything from them besides the ** letters saying they need to complete the investigation. And I don't need to contact them any longer. #Prudentialsucks

Original review: July 29, 2019

When I was born many years ago, my father purchased a small life insurance policy on me that has been fully paid up for over 30 years. I'm getting all of our paperwork in order for our children to minimize their trouble when we pass away. I saw that this policy had our old address, so I decided to just set up an online account in order to be able to update the policy online and allow easy access for the children when the time comes. Well, apparently my policy is so old that it can't ever be set up online (don't understand that).

But the worst thing is Prudential entered the wrong birth date, so I can't do anything at all! I told them I have the original policy showing the correct date, but they say that's not good enough! Seriously??? I'm still trying to battle, having sent in various documents, but haven't been successful yet. I believe if I would not have begun this, that my kids would have just been told there was nothing that could be done. Needless to say, I will NEVER, NEVER purchase any type of Prudential policy and will tell everyone I know not to either. This service is in stark contrast to the help we received from other agencies when settling both of our mother's estates. Customer service reps are always nice, but aren't ever able to get anything done and most of my time is spent on hold. Also, there is only one phone number you can call. You can't email or call any other number to reach Prudential. I really can't say enough bad things about them!

Prudential expert review by Neal Frankle

Prudential is a financial services conglomerate that first started operations in 1875. Headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, Prudential is and is a Fortune 500 company offering life insurance, annuities and investments to consumers.

• Variety of products: They offer a full range of insurance products.

• Competitive: They are often very competitive among other life insurance providers.

• Highly rated: They are rated highly by many of the rating agencies such as AM Best, Standard & Poor’s, Mood’s Investors Service, and Fitch.

• Options: Customers who deal directly with Prudential will only be offered Prudential products.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information