2. Finance

Prudential Life Insurance

Prudential Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Rates for large face value term life insurance policy are very competitive. But when I recently wanted to reduce the face value it took 4 phone calls, over an hour total wait time on the phone, discrepancies in the responses as to what I needed to do to make it happen and dealing with a rude representative who almost hung up on me when I said their instructions differed from the first rep I with whom I spoke. So if you want great or even good customer service, this isn’t the company. If the most important thing to you is rates, they’re great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Prudential is way too expensive. I have a 100,000 dollar policy with them that I am paying the same that I pay for a 500,000 dollar policy that I have with a different company. Also, the customer service is beyond bad. I called once to get some questions answered. It took two weeks for an agent to call me back.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have a life insurance policy for my adult child, the premium is super inexpensive. It is beneficial the purchase the policy while the insured is very young. This company has been around forever. I would purchase another policy again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have had Prudential Insurance in my family all my life and have never been left without a knowledgeable and helpful servicing agent. They have competitive prices and great service which keeps them a leader in the industry.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I was cashing out a life insurance policy from 1953. Over 20 calls to customer service trying to trace request. All customer service reps in foreign country and communication skills are weak. No one available to speak with after 2pm west coast time. Request for cash out originally dated July 7,2020. Check might be processed today - August 19,2020. Avoid this company at all costs - find a company with west coast hours, appropriately trained reps, and easy to understand representatives and supervisors who will deal with questions. Never will I deal with Prudential again.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have had this life insurance for almost 40 years. In early April I tried to change my beneficiaries. It took over 2 months to do this with multiple phone calls and letters. Super frustrating! The only good thing to come out of this was I got my very own customer service rep after writing a letter of complaint to the company. Even she got frustrated with her own company! If I didn't have so many years invested in this life insurance I would've just quit. Honestly, I would rather die than have to contact Prudential again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

My mother passed away in March 2020. Three siblings (beneficiaries) in three different states during pandemic. MULTIPLE communications via phone and mail with Prudential. Nobody seems to be keeping track of claim at all. I’ve spent HOURS on the phone and multiple faxes, emails and USPS mail and each time they come up with something new that they need to process claim. Funeral Home waiting to be paid. Keep in mind this is only a 10k “funeral benefit” policy... not like they are paying out 500,000. Totally ridiculous. I will ???? steer everyone I know away from Prudential. Completely and utterly frustrated and disappointed in this company.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I recently (04/12/2020) sent a request to cash out my policy which I have had since 1986. I submitted the required forms, and returned the policy as requested. They acknowledged my request and asked me to send in different forms which requested essentially the same information. They do not answer phone calls and have no way to message them. I would appreciate the courtesy of a response with a status of my request.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Worst customer service!! I called up to set up the account and however, I had to go through with multiple customer representatives and at the end they were not also able to set up the account and the wait time was more than one hour... what a waste of time!

Original review: April 19, 2020

We've had 4 policies with Costco for over 34 years. During that time, we have never missed a payment. A few years ago, our Prudential agent advised us that we could withdraw an amount that was in excess of the contract amount without causing an increase in our premiums. We were clear that we didn't want the withdrawal to cause our premiums to rise. Two years later, Prudential TRIPLED our premiums. We protested and they just gave us a run-around. Our state's Insurance Commissioner said there was nothing they could do.

Today, we just received a letter announcing that our account was "in default" (no previous warning) and that to continue coverage, we would have to pay $30,000! Over 33 years, we've paid over $60,000 in premiums, which they invested. Now that we are elderly, it appears that Prudential is making this huge assessment so they can get us to drop our policy so they can pocket all of our contributions and their accrued interest.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information