Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Prudential Life Insurance
3.27/5

Prudential Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I wrote my own policy for this insurance company and from start to finish the process was archaic and contrived. To start, I elected an electronic funds transfer (EFT) initial premium and the premium was deducted before my medical exam had even been schedule with no prior warning (even though they had both my phone number and email address on file).

On top of that, when the medical exam came back and I was upgraded to preferred best, I was told I would get a refund of the difference via check in the mail. Instead, I was charged twice one month apart and, once I alerted prudential of their mistake, no one seemed to know what they were talking about, I was redirected three times and disconnected once, and when I finally found someone who actually knew the answer, I was told I’d have to wait for a check in the mail, even though they had taken the money out of my account so quickly. Then, when I asked for the customer complaint department, the representative gave me an address to mail a complaint to. No email, no phone number, no easy way to let them know what my feelings as a customer are. So clearly, Prudential is not a company that cares about its customers, just money.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is the worse company ever. They don't pay out! They don't communicate. And when they do they're rude as hell! All I can say is swiiiitch! My daughter passed away on May 19th 2019. I have yet to receive anything from them besides the ** letters saying they need to complete the investigation. And I don't need to contact them any longer. #Prudentialsucks

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 29, 2019

When I was born many years ago, my father purchased a small life insurance policy on me that has been fully paid up for over 30 years. I'm getting all of our paperwork in order for our children to minimize their trouble when we pass away. I saw that this policy had our old address, so I decided to just set up an online account in order to be able to update the policy online and allow easy access for the children when the time comes. Well, apparently my policy is so old that it can't ever be set up online (don't understand that).

But the worst thing is Prudential entered the wrong birth date, so I can't do anything at all! I told them I have the original policy showing the correct date, but they say that's not good enough! Seriously??? I'm still trying to battle, having sent in various documents, but haven't been successful yet. I believe if I would not have begun this, that my kids would have just been told there was nothing that could be done. Needless to say, I will NEVER, NEVER purchase any type of Prudential policy and will tell everyone I know not to either. This service is in stark contrast to the help we received from other agencies when settling both of our mother's estates. Customer service reps are always nice, but aren't ever able to get anything done and most of my time is spent on hold. Also, there is only one phone number you can call. You can't email or call any other number to reach Prudential. I really can't say enough bad things about them!

Original review: July 24, 2019

The people working at Prudential Life Insurance are the kindest most patient people I've encountered in a long time. I had issues outside my control that caused me to contact them for help many many times but each and every time they they obliged.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My father passed away earlier this year. He assigned his children as his beneficiaries but there is a competing party. Prudential had given that party more than 3 months to gather their facts but yet haven't provided anything to the company. When I asked Prudential what policy and laws was the company adhering to, they couldn't answer. Each representative provides conflicting information and nothing is ever consistent. The supervisors are unprofessional and unethical when dealing with a grieving party.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: June 22, 2019

My father is in nursing home and I have Power of Attorney for him. He has 4 life insurance policies. 1 whole life with Prudential and 1 term with Prudential and then 2 with other companies. Prudential is the ONLY 1 of the 3 that can’t communicate with me via email. They INSIST that their policy is mail or fax. BOTH other companies accepted attachments via secure email and responded as such. So, I email documents to them and 3 weeks later they claim they never received them.... seriously. I encourage everyone to avoid this company like the plague unless you don’t mind using dated methods of communicating.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My daughter's fiance passed away very unexpectedly. The company has stalled paying out his life insurance for 6 months always asking for documents already supplied or something new. She was told she needed to get guardianship from the court for their minor daughter in order to file for her share of the benefits. Now that $10,000 of legal fees have been incurred they say the child is a beneficiary. Why did they tell us to go to court and get guardianship and seen us claim forms to complete?? Impossible to get returned phone calls. Cannot speak to adjuster... Have claimed to not have information that was supplied to them 2 weeks after his death. Totally unethical! Who is monitoring this company???

Original review: June 2, 2019

Both my husband and I have contacted the supposed customer service line numerous times and still have no answers regarding their latest premium increase. We were told that the information we requested would be mailed. When the mailing showed up, the information was NOT what we had asked for. Another phone call and another response that it would be mailed. Wrong again. The letter received today simply indicated their change of address...not the cost for changes that we had requested. To say we are annoyed would be a gross understatement. WHY can they not answer the question and quit screwing around? There is a due date for our payment that they are continuing to ignore.

Original review: May 30, 2019

After investing $73,000 in a variable universal life policy, Prudential notified me that the vehicle was "non-performing". All premium payments are gone and the policy has no value. I felt a little less stupid when I read this in the New York Times 9/19/2018: --"Universal life is among the reasons Americans are approaching retirement in the worst shape in decades. "John Resnick, co-author of an American Bar Association book on life insurance, said people “are sitting on a ticking time bomb, and most probably aren’t aware of it”.

I spent hours on the phone with Prudential going over the premium history. The level of arrogance voiced by their customer service associates was stunning. The agent who pushed this product was a fast-talking Prudential award-winner. The risks were described by him as "non-existent". The devastating outcome mattered to no one in the sales chain. Even my new financial adviser has cut ties with Prudential.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Called the customer service line to pay a premium and get address change. Rep was extremely rude and unhelpful. Took my money with no problem but did not want to help beyond that. Prudential needs to hire the right fits for a customer service line.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information