2. Finance

Prudential Life Insurance

4.0/5 (400 ratings)

About Prudential Life Insurance

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Life Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

My mother passed away in September leaving a small life insurance policy between three siblings. Prudential told all of us that they sent letters out to us about my deceased mother's policy. Funny thing is that not one of us received this letter. My first sister had no problems getting her money. My other sister was livid with them for lying about the letter. She received her check two weeks later. I haven’t received my check yet. It’s been over a month since I emailed them my claim. I have called several times and they keep putting me off. Half the time I can’t hear them nor can I understand what they're saying. This is unacceptable! I feel like the company is stalling on their payouts. Also I am tired of them telling me they're sorry for my loss! Just pay the claim!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The policy is very flexible. It covers all health conditions and now they also added cover for Covid-19. The premium is cheaper and installments are durable. Claiming process is also fast and supports online.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I wish there were negative stars!!! I’ve had HORRIBLE customer service. My representative is impossible to get ahold of and won’t return my messages. It took 3 extra months to get my policy active because of this. I’ve been sent in circles for another 3 months trying to get answers for a random charge from Prudential. I finally get ahold of someone and they are impatient and unfriendly. As soon as this issue is resolved I will IMMEDIATELY stop business with them. DO NOT use prudential life insurance!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Rates for large face value term life insurance policy are very competitive. But when I recently wanted to reduce the face value it took 4 phone calls, over an hour total wait time on the phone, discrepancies in the responses as to what I needed to do to make it happen and dealing with a rude representative who almost hung up on me when I said their instructions differed from the first rep I with whom I spoke. So if you want great or even good customer service, this isn’t the company. If the most important thing to you is rates, they’re great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Prudential is way too expensive. I have a 100,000 dollar policy with them that I am paying the same that I pay for a 500,000 dollar policy that I have with a different company. Also, the customer service is beyond bad. I called once to get some questions answered. It took two weeks for an agent to call me back.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have a life insurance policy for my adult child, the premium is super inexpensive. It is beneficial the purchase the policy while the insured is very young. This company has been around forever. I would purchase another policy again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have had Prudential Insurance in my family all my life and have never been left without a knowledgeable and helpful servicing agent. They have competitive prices and great service which keeps them a leader in the industry.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I was cashing out a life insurance policy from 1953. Over 20 calls to customer service trying to trace request. All customer service reps in foreign country and communication skills are weak. No one available to speak with after 2pm west coast time. Request for cash out originally dated July 7,2020. Check might be processed today - August 19,2020. Avoid this company at all costs - find a company with west coast hours, appropriately trained reps, and easy to understand representatives and supervisors who will deal with questions. Never will I deal with Prudential again.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have had this life insurance for almost 40 years. In early April I tried to change my beneficiaries. It took over 2 months to do this with multiple phone calls and letters. Super frustrating! The only good thing to come out of this was I got my very own customer service rep after writing a letter of complaint to the company. Even she got frustrated with her own company! If I didn't have so many years invested in this life insurance I would've just quit. Honestly, I would rather die than have to contact Prudential again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

My mother passed away in March 2020. Three siblings (beneficiaries) in three different states during pandemic. MULTIPLE communications via phone and mail with Prudential. Nobody seems to be keeping track of claim at all. I’ve spent HOURS on the phone and multiple faxes, emails and USPS mail and each time they come up with something new that they need to process claim. Funeral Home waiting to be paid. Keep in mind this is only a 10k “funeral benefit” policy... not like they are paying out 500,000. Totally ridiculous. I will ???? steer everyone I know away from Prudential. Completely and utterly frustrated and disappointed in this company.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information