Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Prudential Life Insurance
3.47/5

Prudential Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

162 Prudential Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 3, 2019

The company will treat you fine until you have a problem. And when this happens good luck getting a honest answer. Save yourself a lot of time and money, deal with a honest company, Met Life, New York Life. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 17, 2019

In the end of 2016 my wife and I rolled over 2 fixed annuities from MetLife to Screwdential Prudential. The agent Craig was told multiple time we wanted fixed at 5% no variable. He assured us it would be fixed. Well with family problems all we did was look at the balance then we started to see transaction fees. We called him on the phone. He assured us it was fixed. It was a one time charge. Well principal started going down. I checked into it and found out it was variable & we were in things that were never reviewed or mentioned to us by him. I keep getting transaction fees even though what he put us in has not changed and I called & I can't change them to try to recoup losses.

When I confronted him (Craig) on this he replied by email that he can't talk to me. I have to speak with someone in policy relations. This crazy he wrote it did not review what he had done and won't own up to it. If this company calls you, hang up or if they are at your door lock it. God knows how they will screw my wife and kid on my 2 insurance (for over 30 yrs.) policies when I pass after all the neg comments I have read here.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Ten years ago I resigned from my job that paid for my prudential term life insurance policy. I continued with the policy after their nurse gave me physical exam at my home for $ 200k policy. I downgraded to $100k few years ago to pay $827.00 annual premium to age 85. I was never sent a copy of the insurance policy after I was told I would. Last year 2018 I requested downgrade to $50k policy but $100k was the lowest offered and was told by service rep. my 2019 annual policy would be about $5k annual and my end age dropped to age 82. with no prior notice.

I can't afford it and won't renew my policy. After reading many complaints about prudential and other big name life insurance companies giving beneficiaries big hassle on not paying death benefit, I decided best thing to do is just save that money in my savings account and my one of my trusted family member as my bank joint account holder to pay for my funeral and owed expenses after my death. These crooks won't get my money anymore.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My name is Michael **. My mother and father both passed away in February. Dad died February 13th and mom died February 15th. My father had 4 life insurance policies with Prudential. My mom was the primary beneficiary and my brother and I are contingency beneficiaries. When I called Prudential they said that because mom never filed a claim that my brother and I could file a claim. When we did now Prudential says they can't pay us. They want to pay to our mother's estate. They want us to go to courthouse and file small estate papers. The problem is everything was set up to be TOD and POD. So, all houses, vehicles, personal property and bank accounts have been transferred to my brother and I.

Another life insurance policy through Union Securities originally said the same as Prudential but after I faxed my parents' will to them they agreed to pay the death benefit since my brother and I are the only beneficiaries and are named executors in the Will. If you can assist us in any way we would greatly appreciate it. My cell phone number is **.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have been permanently and totally disabled for over 10 years. I had here life policies with Prudential and cashed two in when I initially became disabled. After paying the premium for 2 years after my disability I realized that I had a waiver of premium rider and applied for the waiver. In April 2018 I was sent a letter from Prudential in which they wanted to review the waiver. In September 2018 I was told by a Prudential customer service rep that the waiver was approved and a letter of confirmation would be mailed. The letter never came and when I inquired I was told the waiver was still under review! When I told the CSR numerous times that I was informed the waiver was approved on the phone and all Prudential's call are recorded she would not even reply.

My claims examiner _Lauren ** never returns a call and when I call Prudential the CSR says she is not available and does not even put me through her voicemail. What are they hiding? The denial letter arrived in February 2019 just 3 weeks before the six month premium was due! I was in a car accident in 2017 that further disabled me and had to undergo more surgery. The reason Prudential is denying my waiver is in 16 months I will be 65 and Prudential would have to forgo the premiums for 20 years -yes the policy term is for 51 years! Prudential made 8 BILLION dollars last year. For a company whose ad slogan is "Bring Your Challenges" some government agency needs to investigate the business practice of such a terrible corporation. Some Prudential employees should be held accountable as well as the CEO of this corporation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have been working with your company since February 5th. Your representatives have done nothing but lie to me. I am the power of attorney for my Mom's insurance policy and also the beneficiary. All I wanted to do was add my Son should I die. They are evasive and not nice. Didn't have a good experience with any of them. I expect an answer or will go to my Attorney General. You have some very serious problems with your company and are not forthcoming. I don't have time for these lies and noncompetency. Policy 46860776. I sent everything the rep told to send. Plus a copy of my Power of Attorney. I suggest you all get you act together. This is an awful treatment. Not good business. I am not trying to do anything but add my Son as a beneficiary...they said they would send paperwork. A month later and many calls here I sit with dealing with rude and lying representatives.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

PRUDENTIAL STOLE 33 YEARS. I'm a disabled, diabetic, heart patient who survives on Social Security and food stamps. Just after my first daughter was born I bought a modest life insurance policy from Prudential. From 1986 until now I never missed a monthly payment. Twice along the way I needed to take out small loans against the policy, about $3k total. Both times I was informed the loans need not ever be repaid. The loans plus interest would be deducted from settlement when I passed away. In fact they encouraged me not to pay them back. They advised me to enjoy the benefit for being a long time loyal client, but really they just wanted the interest to grow.

After over twenty years of "no contact" from Prudential they sent a demand letter for immediate payment of interest. Within the week "Heather" from Prudential called me. She told me her records indicated no one from Prudential had reached out to me in, literally, decades and wanted to apologize and find out if there was anything she could do for me. I told her about the demand letter and my financial situation. She promised this was some sort of error and she would correct it as soon as she hung up. She did not. Three days later The notice of cancelation arrived. Subsequent calls to Prudential have been fruitless. I explain it to them only to be bounced to someone else to start all over, 5 times then disconnected.

Can someone help me understand how this is acceptable. Why would they ignore me for decades then change their own rules, without notice, then backstab a loyal client? It seems to me they must have access to my medical records and know I'm getting closer every day to needing the death benefit. I'll bet they search for ways to terminate the older clients before settlement comes due.

These people played me for 33 years and I hope to maybe protect someone else from this predatory business behavior. Please repost this everywhere you can. Any constructive advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated. I was hoping Prudential would find a corporate conscience and do the right thing. I would like my family to have enough money to dispose of my remains and maybe split a pizza.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I spoke to 9 people during the massive runaround they gave me but NONE of them could simply update the mailing address for future correspondence regarding my deceased mother's contract (1099's, etc). One guy asked if she could come to the phone! I will never be a Prudential customer.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After 6 months of working with Prudential, they still are asking for more information - the same information I have multiple times over 6 months sent to them in writing by mail or filed on their website. They continually ask for the same documents that I have already submitted and I sent to where they have told me to send it - still not getting it. Luckily if you go high enough up the ladder of supervisors, you will get an American. I have communicated with American employees over the phone and email (sending the same documents already sent).

Their main customer service is in the Philippines, while nice people, they do not understand how life policies work. Their hands are tied too. They do not have email - imagine anyone in today's world without email capacity. I have been a broker for 30 years selling life insurance policies, I will never put my client's heirs through this horrible mess by selling or referring them to Prudential again. If I could give a 0 rating I would due to the extreme stress and distress they have caused me - especially at such a sad and difficult time as my father's death 6 months ago.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have read through all the comments on this site and I must say that so far, my experience with Prudential is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I filled my claim in November 2008 because I could no longer work due to MS and Epilepsy. My employer along with my Case Manager Kelly has worked diligently in getting me documentation and my doctors the same. We had one form mix up and that was my fault. Kelly said fax it to her attention and before I got hot it was uploaded. I understand there is good and bad in every business and yes we ALL are in a rough a depressing spot. I felt so depressed not being able to work. Kelly spent time talking to me.

So I ask when everyone is bashing Prudential have you ever thought that just maybe they might care and it is rough on them too. I ask you do you talk to them or at your Prudential agents. Because I bet if you respect them they will return the favor. My claim is in medical review and may be denied and I too may go through a lot to get it approved but that’s ok. I know I am sick and I will keep on until it’s approved. Like I tell my Case Manager we are a team and we will do this together

Just want to throw some positive love out here because as bad as I feel that’s who I am and let’s join together after all this will change things quicker than hate. I PROMISE.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information