Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Prudential Life Insurance
3.43/5

Prudential Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

My daughter's fiance passed away very unexpectedly. The company has stalled paying out his life insurance for 6 months always asking for documents already supplied or something new. She was told she needed to get guardianship from the court for their minor daughter in order to file for her share of the benefits. Now that $10,000 of legal fees have been incurred they say the child is a beneficiary. Why did they tell us to go to court and get guardianship and seen us claim forms to complete?? Impossible to get returned phone calls. Cannot speak to adjuster... Have claimed to not have information that was supplied to them 2 weeks after his death. Totally unethical! Who is monitoring this company???

Original review: June 2, 2019

Both my husband and I have contacted the supposed customer service line numerous times and still have no answers regarding their latest premium increase. We were told that the information we requested would be mailed. When the mailing showed up, the information was NOT what we had asked for. Another phone call and another response that it would be mailed. Wrong again. The letter received today simply indicated their change of address...not the cost for changes that we had requested. To say we are annoyed would be a gross understatement. WHY can they not answer the question and quit screwing around? There is a due date for our payment that they are continuing to ignore.

Original review: May 30, 2019

After investing $73,000 in a variable universal life policy, Prudential notified me that the vehicle was "non-performing". All premium payments are gone and the policy has no value. I felt a little less stupid when I read this in the New York Times 9/19/2018: --"Universal life is among the reasons Americans are approaching retirement in the worst shape in decades. "John Resnick, co-author of an American Bar Association book on life insurance, said people “are sitting on a ticking time bomb, and most probably aren’t aware of it”.

I spent hours on the phone with Prudential going over the premium history. The level of arrogance voiced by their customer service associates was stunning. The agent who pushed this product was a fast-talking Prudential award-winner. The risks were described by him as "non-existent". The devastating outcome mattered to no one in the sales chain. Even my new financial adviser has cut ties with Prudential.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Called the customer service line to pay a premium and get address change. Rep was extremely rude and unhelpful. Took my money with no problem but did not want to help beyond that. Prudential needs to hire the right fits for a customer service line.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The company will treat you fine until you have a problem. And when this happens good luck getting a honest answer. Save yourself a lot of time and money, deal with a honest company, Met Life, New York Life. Buyer beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: April 17, 2019

In the end of 2016 my wife and I rolled over 2 fixed annuities from MetLife to Screwdential Prudential. The agent Craig was told multiple time we wanted fixed at 5% no variable. He assured us it would be fixed. Well with family problems all we did was look at the balance then we started to see transaction fees. We called him on the phone. He assured us it was fixed. It was a one time charge. Well principal started going down. I checked into it and found out it was variable & we were in things that were never reviewed or mentioned to us by him. I keep getting transaction fees even though what he put us in has not changed and I called & I can't change them to try to recoup losses.

When I confronted him (Craig) on this he replied by email that he can't talk to me. I have to speak with someone in policy relations. This crazy he wrote it did not review what he had done and won't own up to it. If this company calls you, hang up or if they are at your door lock it. God knows how they will screw my wife and kid on my 2 insurance (for over 30 yrs.) policies when I pass after all the neg comments I have read here.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Ten years ago I resigned from my job that paid for my prudential term life insurance policy. I continued with the policy after their nurse gave me physical exam at my home for $ 200k policy. I downgraded to $100k few years ago to pay $827.00 annual premium to age 85. I was never sent a copy of the insurance policy after I was told I would. Last year 2018 I requested downgrade to $50k policy but $100k was the lowest offered and was told by service rep. my 2019 annual policy would be about $5k annual and my end age dropped to age 82. with no prior notice.

I can't afford it and won't renew my policy. After reading many complaints about prudential and other big name life insurance companies giving beneficiaries big hassle on not paying death benefit, I decided best thing to do is just save that money in my savings account and my one of my trusted family member as my bank joint account holder to pay for my funeral and owed expenses after my death. These crooks won't get my money anymore.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My name is Michael **. My mother and father both passed away in February. Dad died February 13th and mom died February 15th. My father had 4 life insurance policies with Prudential. My mom was the primary beneficiary and my brother and I are contingency beneficiaries. When I called Prudential they said that because mom never filed a claim that my brother and I could file a claim. When we did now Prudential says they can't pay us. They want to pay to our mother's estate. They want us to go to courthouse and file small estate papers. The problem is everything was set up to be TOD and POD. So, all houses, vehicles, personal property and bank accounts have been transferred to my brother and I.

Another life insurance policy through Union Securities originally said the same as Prudential but after I faxed my parents' will to them they agreed to pay the death benefit since my brother and I are the only beneficiaries and are named executors in the Will. If you can assist us in any way we would greatly appreciate it. My cell phone number is **.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have been permanently and totally disabled for over 10 years. I had here life policies with Prudential and cashed two in when I initially became disabled. After paying the premium for 2 years after my disability I realized that I had a waiver of premium rider and applied for the waiver. In April 2018 I was sent a letter from Prudential in which they wanted to review the waiver. In September 2018 I was told by a Prudential customer service rep that the waiver was approved and a letter of confirmation would be mailed. The letter never came and when I inquired I was told the waiver was still under review! When I told the CSR numerous times that I was informed the waiver was approved on the phone and all Prudential's call are recorded she would not even reply.

My claims examiner _Lauren ** never returns a call and when I call Prudential the CSR says she is not available and does not even put me through her voicemail. What are they hiding? The denial letter arrived in February 2019 just 3 weeks before the six month premium was due! I was in a car accident in 2017 that further disabled me and had to undergo more surgery. The reason Prudential is denying my waiver is in 16 months I will be 65 and Prudential would have to forgo the premiums for 20 years -yes the policy term is for 51 years! Prudential made 8 BILLION dollars last year. For a company whose ad slogan is "Bring Your Challenges" some government agency needs to investigate the business practice of such a terrible corporation. Some Prudential employees should be held accountable as well as the CEO of this corporation.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have been working with your company since February 5th. Your representatives have done nothing but lie to me. I am the power of attorney for my Mom's insurance policy and also the beneficiary. All I wanted to do was add my Son should I die. They are evasive and not nice. Didn't have a good experience with any of them. I expect an answer or will go to my Attorney General. You have some very serious problems with your company and are not forthcoming. I don't have time for these lies and noncompetency. Policy 46860776. I sent everything the rep told to send. Plus a copy of my Power of Attorney. I suggest you all get you act together. This is an awful treatment. Not good business. I am not trying to do anything but add my Son as a beneficiary...they said they would send paperwork. A month later and many calls here I sit with dealing with rude and lying representatives.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information