2. Finance

Prudential Life Insurance

Prudential Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.56/5

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

My mother passed away on 11/6/19. As of today 1/24/20 the claim has not been paid. They keep making excuses why it has not been paid. My mother had a MET Life policy also and no problem at all it paying off. The paper work is always wrong or they did not receive it. They are the worst insurance company out there. Do NOT take out a policy with them. Vince

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My wife of 20 years died 3 years ago and I filed a claim. It took about a month before the claim was approved and was "supposedly" sent to another random address twice. I was told that the check was stopped and would have to be reissued four times thus far. Every time I call I am asked the same questions and given the same spiel about the check sent to another address as if there are no notes on the subject. I have since consulted with an attorney and am still embroiled in the process 6 months later.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have had 2 million dollar life insurance policy with them since 2012. Spent over 43,000 over the last 7 years. Called in to decrease coverage to decrease expensive premium of $513.45 a month, agent tells me he can not give quotes over the phone, has to be mailed. Allow 5-7 days for letter and once apply to decrease coverage, it will take another 14-21 days to process. He suggested I go quarterly to "get some payment relief and allow everything to process"...this was September 25th. He told me my next payment due would be December 7th. I get a letter with the quotes. Next letter I get is that my policy has LAPSED due to "non payment of my quarterly premium on Sept 7th"...made no sense since my phone call was on 9/25/19. I called and spoke to Jessa, who said she would investigate the issue. Did NOT follow up with me as she said.

They wanted me to pay $1511.00 and reapply to reinstate the policy. Instead of Jessa following up with me per phone call as we discussed, she sends me another letter saying I need to pay $3,023.66 by December 26, 2019. Keep in mind, I am being asked to pay for months that I HAD NO COVERAGE BECAUSE I WAS MISINFORMED BY ONE OF THEIR AGENTS. I asked Jessa to listen to the call and that I wanted to listen to the call as well, she told me I could not listen without a subpoena!! Also, the letter they sent saying my policy had LAPSED was just a regular mail letter. You would think that they would have the courtesy to call AND send a certified letter letting you know your 2 million dollar life insurance policy is about to LAPSE.

I called in again today and spoke to Angelo **, case manager...explained everything all over again. He stated that there was nothing they could do to help me because even though the agent misinformed me, that I was sent a bill. Again, I only got a letter saying my policy had ALREADY LAPSED. Regular mail, not certified and not even a phone call from them. This has put my family at risk, being uninsured and not even knowing it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I made an appointment but they never called. I received several confirmation and reminder emails but no telephone call. I then inquired as to why not and was told they tried although they didn't use the number I provided.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Each of many times that i called on behalf of my mom (i have POA) an agent says they are sorry about our loss but it appears the only thing they are sorry about is paying out a claim. Instead of reviewing the notes from my previous claim they re-ask every question like they know nothing about the claim.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This has been a all around bad experience. I am trying to cash in my baby life insurance that my mother took out on my in 1956. The current surrender value was around $4000 and when I called about 8 months ago Prudential said they would mail it out. I happened to mention that I might be getting separated and that hung everything up. If I wouldn't have said that they would have mailed out the check, I think.

I had to wait a few months to give Prudential the separation decree and when I asked where I could email it they told me they don't have email. What kind of a company doesn't have email. I then asked for the address to mail the document to and they gave me an address that the USPS couldn't find on their site. When I looked up the address on Google Maps the area street view didn't look like somewhere I would want to send any personal information. I called to ask for an address and they just gave me the same address without a street name. I couldn't use my mailing program because the lack of a street name so I hand wrote the envelope and bought a stamp.

This process of getting Prudential the separation decree took 3 weeks. Prudential then said they mailed out the check but could not give me a tracking number or the way the check would be delivered. I waited about 21 days without receiving the check and then called back. Prudential then told me the check had been delivered but it had not. They still could not give me a tracking number (they said it was grayed out) and they could not tell me what service delivered it (USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.). I then paid $25 to have it sent Priority Mail. I would stay away from Prudential, they don't have their act together at all.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

When we called for online help, they really upset my wife. She has vision and some memory issues so when they ask her for past home addresses she couldn’t remember all the details, I (her husband) tried to assist her but the rep rudely stopped me. And it got worst from there. She was almost in tears but the rep was still rude to us. Prudential should be ASHAMED on how that handle their senior customer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

When I was working I purchased a policy through a group plan at low premium cost. When I reached retirement age and on A fixed income the premiums began rapid increases and now the premiums are over 7,000 dollars a year so before you purchase a policy be sure to get a guaranteed list of rate increases for each birthday. You will be shocked. It is a total rip-off.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

My Father passed away and has a Prudential Life Insurance policy that he has had for many years and the policy was fully paid off years ago. My Mother has contacted Prudential Insurance multiple times requesting the documents required so she can fill them out and collect the benefits. She was promised that those documents were mailed but they never arrived. We have no choice but to file a complaint with the State Insurance Commissioner and to hire an attorney. Prudential Insurance is the worst!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

It has one of the worst customer care service. I had a life insurance policy for 2 years. Due to change in the bank, my auto pay didn't go. I didn't receive any communication about payment not done and got the mail that my policy has lapsed. I called and Prudential informed me I have to redo my physical and labs. I sent them a check. Physical and labs are done, everything clear but policy is not still activated. I called them to return my money but haven't received it yet.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information