Prudential Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Prudential Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Prudential is a stable company with many years of experience. Their leadership in offering products that satisfy your needs at an affordable price makes your decision process easier. Their advance planning for the future is solid and flexible based on your risk profile. The large portfolio is presented in a very user-friendly manner.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

My mother passed away in September leaving a small life insurance policy between three siblings. Prudential told all of us that they sent letters out to us about my deceased mother's policy. Funny thing is that not one of us received this letter. My first sister had no problems getting her money. My other sister was livid with them for lying about the letter. She received her check two weeks later. I haven’t received my check yet. It’s been over a month since I emailed them my claim. I have called several times and they keep putting me off. Half the time I can’t hear them nor can I understand what they're saying. This is unacceptable! I feel like the company is stalling on their payouts. Also I am tired of them telling me they're sorry for my loss! Just pay the claim!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The policy is very flexible. It covers all health conditions and now they also added cover for Covid-19. The premium is cheaper and installments are durable. Claiming process is also fast and supports online.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I wish there were negative stars!!! I’ve had HORRIBLE customer service. My representative is impossible to get ahold of and won’t return my messages. It took 3 extra months to get my policy active because of this. I’ve been sent in circles for another 3 months trying to get answers for a random charge from Prudential. I finally get ahold of someone and they are impatient and unfriendly. As soon as this issue is resolved I will IMMEDIATELY stop business with them. DO NOT use prudential life insurance!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Rates for large face value term life insurance policy are very competitive. But when I recently wanted to reduce the face value it took 4 phone calls, over an hour total wait time on the phone, discrepancies in the responses as to what I needed to do to make it happen and dealing with a rude representative who almost hung up on me when I said their instructions differed from the first rep I with whom I spoke. So if you want great or even good customer service, this isn’t the company. If the most important thing to you is rates, they’re great.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I only called them once to help me change my percentage of who gets what in my family if God forbid anything happens to me. The Rep guided me to the entire process. Was very patient with me, and also gave me helpful hints. It was very easy to change my allocation so my son gets a good share and my mother as well. I can rest easily now.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

This prudential insurance is really good and the customer service itself is appreciative. Does help in most of the situations. Highly recommended to friends this insurance. Worth trying it. They meet challenges and have best retirement funds. Rates are reasonably good. It helps to plan for the financial future.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Prudential is way too expensive. I have a 100,000 dollar policy with them that I am paying the same that I pay for a 500,000 dollar policy that I have with a different company. Also, the customer service is beyond bad. I called once to get some questions answered. It took two weeks for an agent to call me back.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

The price was right for the amount of insurance I needed. After reviewing several policies, Prudential had a policy for $250,000 that I could afford. Being a well-established insurance company with good ratings, I felt comfortable getting my policy from them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have a life insurance policy for my adult child, the premium is super inexpensive. It is beneficial the purchase the policy while the insured is very young. This company has been around forever. I would purchase another policy again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have had Prudential Insurance in my family all my life and have never been left without a knowledgeable and helpful servicing agent. They have competitive prices and great service which keeps them a leader in the industry.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I was cashing out a life insurance policy from 1953. Over 20 calls to customer service trying to trace request. All customer service reps in foreign country and communication skills are weak. No one available to speak with after 2pm west coast time. Request for cash out originally dated July 7,2020. Check might be processed today - August 19,2020. Avoid this company at all costs - find a company with west coast hours, appropriately trained reps, and easy to understand representatives and supervisors who will deal with questions. Never will I deal with Prudential again.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have had this life insurance for almost 40 years. In early April I tried to change my beneficiaries. It took over 2 months to do this with multiple phone calls and letters. Super frustrating! The only good thing to come out of this was I got my very own customer service rep after writing a letter of complaint to the company. Even she got frustrated with her own company! If I didn't have so many years invested in this life insurance I would've just quit. Honestly, I would rather die than have to contact Prudential again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

My mother passed away in March 2020. Three siblings (beneficiaries) in three different states during pandemic. MULTIPLE communications via phone and mail with Prudential. Nobody seems to be keeping track of claim at all. I’ve spent HOURS on the phone and multiple faxes, emails and USPS mail and each time they come up with something new that they need to process claim. Funeral Home waiting to be paid. Keep in mind this is only a 10k “funeral benefit” policy... not like they are paying out 500,000. Totally ridiculous. I will ???? steer everyone I know away from Prudential. Completely and utterly frustrated and disappointed in this company.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I recently (04/12/2020) sent a request to cash out my policy which I have had since 1986. I submitted the required forms, and returned the policy as requested. They acknowledged my request and asked me to send in different forms which requested essentially the same information. They do not answer phone calls and have no way to message them. I would appreciate the courtesy of a response with a status of my request.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Worst customer service!! I called up to set up the account and however, I had to go through with multiple customer representatives and at the end they were not also able to set up the account and the wait time was more than one hour... what a waste of time!

Original review: April 19, 2020

We've had 4 policies with Costco for over 34 years. During that time, we have never missed a payment. A few years ago, our Prudential agent advised us that we could withdraw an amount that was in excess of the contract amount without causing an increase in our premiums. We were clear that we didn't want the withdrawal to cause our premiums to rise. Two years later, Prudential TRIPLED our premiums. We protested and they just gave us a run-around. Our state's Insurance Commissioner said there was nothing they could do.

Today, we just received a letter announcing that our account was "in default" (no previous warning) and that to continue coverage, we would have to pay $30,000! Over 33 years, we've paid over $60,000 in premiums, which they invested. Now that we are elderly, it appears that Prudential is making this huge assessment so they can get us to drop our policy so they can pocket all of our contributions and their accrued interest.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I talked to one of the insurance person with the name ABID, he resides in Houston. I have not talked to a more rude person in my entire life ever before. He was giving me a rate that was a bit higher for me and I was also taking rates from other agents. First he continued forcing me to give him the names of other agents and other companies, I said, "I don't want to give those details, why don't you give me rates according to your company policy." The rates that he gave me, were a bit higher for me. As soon as he realized that I am not going to buy his policy from him, he started yelling at me and was extremely rude. I wish some one teaches him how to talk to a lady. He is absolutely mannerless, impolite and unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

My mom passed away July, 2019 with 2 Prudential life insurance policies. It is seven months later and they still haven’t issued a check. My mom was never late on a payment and the policies were fully paid. As the executor of my mom’s will, I filled out Prudential’s numerous claim forms. They sent the same forms three times and each time I completed them. Now they are telling me that I need to get my mom’s house appraised and everything she owned appraised for a small estate court order that they need in order to process the death claim. What? My mom’s house and belongings are none of their business. Her estate is not in probate. She had life insurance policies with other companies that paid without any issues. Prudential clearly does not want to pay on their life insurance policies.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Something is terribly wrong with this company; we've had two minor life insurance policies for 45-years and always had positive experiences until today. Although Prudential has provided me with a form 1099-r each year, this year they are refusing to do so and cannot provide the figures for my taxes. Additionally, my husband's tax forms contain my social security number, not his. In order to correct this problem, they're mailing a form; policy does not permit a representative to email or overnight this form. Doesn't anyone there realize this is an emergency because this documentation is required by the IRS.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Back around December I got a letter in the mail stating that I had an un-cashed check from Prudential which was issued in April, and to contact them if it needed re-issued. I called the contact number, and found out they had my old address. I updated it, and they said the check would take about 7-10 days to process, and around 3 for delivery. I waited, about two weeks or so, and no check. I called them again the next month. For some reason, they said the check was past the processing date, but had not been sent out, so they would have to RE-process it (another 7-10 days) and it would be delivered about 3 days after that.

I got a letter in the mail expecting the check, but alas! It was the 1099 form for the check! So they expect me to pay the taxes on it, but can't get the actual check to me on time? Alright. So I wait, surly it would arrive soon, they clearly have my address. It's now February, and I still have no check. I DID however, receive a notice in the mail that I updated my PIN number! So I gave them another call. It may come as a surprise to you, but the check hasn't been sent out yet. So they offered me a "rush" delivery for the check....which according to them is another 7-10 business days. Absolutely horrible experience. I advise anyone to choose another company over Prudential. It's a nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Steven ** in Staten Island, NY. I asked him my only real question because he already spoke with my wife to gather all our information. Is this really going to be my Premium? He told me it was already underwritten and approved but it was not and the premium went up of course. That was only an auto policy. Now that I have called him out on his lie, he has threatened me to cancel my policy to leave me and my family without insurance. What kind of person is this? I hope you all get as far away from this type of **.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

My mother passed away on 11/6/19. As of today 1/24/20 the claim has not been paid. They keep making excuses why it has not been paid. My mother had a MET Life policy also and no problem at all it paying off. The paper work is always wrong or they did not receive it. They are the worst insurance company out there. Do NOT take out a policy with them. Vince

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My wife of 20 years died 3 years ago and I filed a claim. It took about a month before the claim was approved and was "supposedly" sent to another random address twice. I was told that the check was stopped and would have to be reissued four times thus far. Every time I call I am asked the same questions and given the same spiel about the check sent to another address as if there are no notes on the subject. I have since consulted with an attorney and am still embroiled in the process 6 months later.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have had 2 million dollar life insurance policy with them since 2012. Spent over 43,000 over the last 7 years. Called in to decrease coverage to decrease expensive premium of $513.45 a month, agent tells me he can not give quotes over the phone, has to be mailed. Allow 5-7 days for letter and once apply to decrease coverage, it will take another 14-21 days to process. He suggested I go quarterly to "get some payment relief and allow everything to process"...this was September 25th. He told me my next payment due would be December 7th. I get a letter with the quotes. Next letter I get is that my policy has LAPSED due to "non payment of my quarterly premium on Sept 7th"...made no sense since my phone call was on 9/25/19. I called and spoke to Jessa, who said she would investigate the issue. Did NOT follow up with me as she said.

They wanted me to pay $1511.00 and reapply to reinstate the policy. Instead of Jessa following up with me per phone call as we discussed, she sends me another letter saying I need to pay $3,023.66 by December 26, 2019. Keep in mind, I am being asked to pay for months that I HAD NO COVERAGE BECAUSE I WAS MISINFORMED BY ONE OF THEIR AGENTS. I asked Jessa to listen to the call and that I wanted to listen to the call as well, she told me I could not listen without a subpoena!! Also, the letter they sent saying my policy had LAPSED was just a regular mail letter. You would think that they would have the courtesy to call AND send a certified letter letting you know your 2 million dollar life insurance policy is about to LAPSE.

I called in again today and spoke to Angelo **, case manager...explained everything all over again. He stated that there was nothing they could do to help me because even though the agent misinformed me, that I was sent a bill. Again, I only got a letter saying my policy had ALREADY LAPSED. Regular mail, not certified and not even a phone call from them. This has put my family at risk, being uninsured and not even knowing it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I made an appointment but they never called. I received several confirmation and reminder emails but no telephone call. I then inquired as to why not and was told they tried although they didn't use the number I provided.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Each of many times that i called on behalf of my mom (i have POA) an agent says they are sorry about our loss but it appears the only thing they are sorry about is paying out a claim. Instead of reviewing the notes from my previous claim they re-ask every question like they know nothing about the claim.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This has been a all around bad experience. I am trying to cash in my baby life insurance that my mother took out on my in 1956. The current surrender value was around $4000 and when I called about 8 months ago Prudential said they would mail it out. I happened to mention that I might be getting separated and that hung everything up. If I wouldn't have said that they would have mailed out the check, I think.

I had to wait a few months to give Prudential the separation decree and when I asked where I could email it they told me they don't have email. What kind of a company doesn't have email. I then asked for the address to mail the document to and they gave me an address that the USPS couldn't find on their site. When I looked up the address on Google Maps the area street view didn't look like somewhere I would want to send any personal information. I called to ask for an address and they just gave me the same address without a street name. I couldn't use my mailing program because the lack of a street name so I hand wrote the envelope and bought a stamp.

This process of getting Prudential the separation decree took 3 weeks. Prudential then said they mailed out the check but could not give me a tracking number or the way the check would be delivered. I waited about 21 days without receiving the check and then called back. Prudential then told me the check had been delivered but it had not. They still could not give me a tracking number (they said it was grayed out) and they could not tell me what service delivered it (USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.). I then paid $25 to have it sent Priority Mail. I would stay away from Prudential, they don't have their act together at all.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

When we called for online help, they really upset my wife. She has vision and some memory issues so when they ask her for past home addresses she couldn’t remember all the details, I (her husband) tried to assist her but the rep rudely stopped me. And it got worst from there. She was almost in tears but the rep was still rude to us. Prudential should be ASHAMED on how that handle their senior customer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

When I was working I purchased a policy through a group plan at low premium cost. When I reached retirement age and on A fixed income the premiums began rapid increases and now the premiums are over 7,000 dollars a year so before you purchase a policy be sure to get a guaranteed list of rate increases for each birthday. You will be shocked. It is a total rip-off.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information