2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Nationwide Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Life Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

In researching this particular product we felt it was an excellent match for my elderly mother, however as with other poor salespersons and misrepresented financial products, they were more than happy to process our paperwork, take our money and communicate indirectly that they had decided to not accept us as annuitants. Normally, unless a company representing a product has something to hide, or is disingenuous in some other manner related to the financial product, all pertinent information will be disclosed up front.

So, keep in mind that with Nationwide, you might not receive the entire story/truth until you have written checks and made plans. There are other products out there from more reputable, upfront and honest life insurance companies. I recommend that you do your homework and choose a company OTHER than Nationwide. In retrospect, prior to entering into the financial agreement, we would have held them more accountable to all the different ways they could cancel the financial agreement. "But" you might say... "Isn't that something you trust the company to do?" Perhaps, just not Nationwide.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have done paperwork 2-3 times. First time they said I didn't total the amount. The second time I talked to a gentleman that said I should use my insurance that I pay each month and that I should include my co-pay I pay each month for my meds. I had waited almost one week and did not hear anything. Mind you I faxed this to them on Friday of last week, so I called again different gentleman and he told me something different. I retired June 2, 2017. I now am on a fixed income. I feel that I am getting told a story each time I have called which has been 6 to 10 times. Every time I see the ad on TV it makes me mad, NOT ON YOUR SIDE OR ANYONE'S.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My daughter was diagnosed w/ cancer & didn't have insurance so it was costly to pay for doctor, equipment & lab tests to discover it was cancer. Nationwide will charge you a $15 late fee if you do not pay on the 1st. I've been paying between the 1-10 because I thought I had leeway. My Soc. Sec. is not paid on the 1st. I paid last month on Jan. 3. Because of New Year's, Bank of America wouldn't send it till then.

Since I'm on Soc. Sec. even though I had sent extra money Nationwide wanted to cancel me for $5.00 I still owed. I've been a customer insuring my house & my family's three older cars for many years. Please DON'T insure anything with this company. They are inflexible & heartless. I'm almost 70 & this is the WORST insurance company I've ever dealt with. I had an accident several months ago & the other party had no insurance. This is my first accident ever & it was 80% the other driver's fault. Guess they want to get rid of me??? They advertise a lot maybe because so many people wise up???

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Very helpful, works with me to find the best options for me, can call at any time with questions or concerns. Agent is local and is knowledgeable with the area and the different insurance sources.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I am very satisfied with Nationwide insurance homeowners, car and life. Our representative is very helpful. Our rates are reasonably priced. We just purchased a new car and our agent was very helpful and accommodating.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

One of my best friends is my insurance agent, and he always bends over backwards for me and anyone he insures. Even though I may pay a little bit more, I would never switch.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Nationwide has a large presence in my community and is a supportive company for our city. I have always had positive interactions with the employees and agents of Nationwide.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I have not had much contact with them! I besides paying my bill. I am satisfied with our agent and feel he did the best he could for us.. I would recommend our agent to my friends. I felt in the past if I contacted them with questions they were always prompt with a response.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with my life insurance policy. It not very expensive. I can afford it. I would like to increase my policy, but I can't afford to right now.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

My kids are paying for my insurance & I know they are satisfied. They purchased it several years ago when I was not in a position to get it. They have continued to do this. Nice for me.

Nationwide Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

For over 85 years, Nationwide Insurance has proven itself as a leader in the insurance industry. The company offers many choices with insurance — from auto and homeowners insurance to even life and pet insurance. Financial advisers can also help customers who may have concerns about their insurance needs.

• Free Quotes: Nationwide provides free quotes for people seeking life insurance.

• Four Types of Insurance: Term, Whole Universal and Variable Universal Life Insurance are all offered from Nationwide.

• Multi-policy discounts: To help people save, Nationwide offers multi-policy discounts when customers bundle life insurance with other policies, such as home or auto insurance.

• Find a Financial Adviser: The Nationwide Website gives several options for people seeking financial advisers to answer any questions they may have regarding policies or retirement options.

• On Your Side: With the On Your Side Review, customers can speak with a representative who will make sure they have the right policy to fit their needs.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Nationwide Life Insurance Company Information