Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Prudential Life Insurance
3.31/5

Prudential Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2019

My name is Michael **. My mother and father both passed away in February. Dad died February 13th and mom died February 15th. My father had 4 life insurance policies with Prudential. My mom was the primary beneficiary and my brother and I are contingency beneficiaries. When I called Prudential they said that because mom never filed a claim that my brother and I could file a claim. When we did now Prudential says they can't pay us. They want to pay to our mother's estate. They want us to go to courthouse and file small estate papers. The problem is everything was set up to be TOD and POD. So, all houses, vehicles, personal property and bank accounts have been transferred to my brother and I.

Another life insurance policy through Union Securities originally said the same as Prudential but after I faxed my parents' will to them they agreed to pay the death benefit since my brother and I are the only beneficiaries and are named executors in the Will. If you can assist us in any way we would greatly appreciate it. My cell phone number is **.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have been permanently and totally disabled for over 10 years. I had here life policies with Prudential and cashed two in when I initially became disabled. After paying the premium for 2 years after my disability I realized that I had a waiver of premium rider and applied for the waiver. In April 2018 I was sent a letter from Prudential in which they wanted to review the waiver. In September 2018 I was told by a Prudential customer service rep that the waiver was approved and a letter of confirmation would be mailed. The letter never came and when I inquired I was told the waiver was still under review! When I told the CSR numerous times that I was informed the waiver was approved on the phone and all Prudential's call are recorded she would not even reply.

My claims examiner _Lauren ** never returns a call and when I call Prudential the CSR says she is not available and does not even put me through her voicemail. What are they hiding? The denial letter arrived in February 2019 just 3 weeks before the six month premium was due! I was in a car accident in 2017 that further disabled me and had to undergo more surgery. The reason Prudential is denying my waiver is in 16 months I will be 65 and Prudential would have to forgo the premiums for 20 years -yes the policy term is for 51 years! Prudential made 8 BILLION dollars last year. For a company whose ad slogan is "Bring Your Challenges" some government agency needs to investigate the business practice of such a terrible corporation. Some Prudential employees should be held accountable as well as the CEO of this corporation.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have been working with your company since February 5th. Your representatives have done nothing but lie to me. I am the power of attorney for my Mom's insurance policy and also the beneficiary. All I wanted to do was add my Son should I die. They are evasive and not nice. Didn't have a good experience with any of them. I expect an answer or will go to my Attorney General. You have some very serious problems with your company and are not forthcoming. I don't have time for these lies and noncompetency. Policy 46860776. I sent everything the rep told to send. Plus a copy of my Power of Attorney. I suggest you all get you act together. This is an awful treatment. Not good business. I am not trying to do anything but add my Son as a beneficiary...they said they would send paperwork. A month later and many calls here I sit with dealing with rude and lying representatives.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

PRUDENTIAL STOLE 33 YEARS. I'm a disabled, diabetic, heart patient who survives on Social Security and food stamps. Just after my first daughter was born I bought a modest life insurance policy from Prudential. From 1986 until now I never missed a monthly payment. Twice along the way I needed to take out small loans against the policy, about $3k total. Both times I was informed the loans need not ever be repaid. The loans plus interest would be deducted from settlement when I passed away. In fact they encouraged me not to pay them back. They advised me to enjoy the benefit for being a long time loyal client, but really they just wanted the interest to grow.

After over twenty years of "no contact" from Prudential they sent a demand letter for immediate payment of interest. Within the week "Heather" from Prudential called me. She told me her records indicated no one from Prudential had reached out to me in, literally, decades and wanted to apologize and find out if there was anything she could do for me. I told her about the demand letter and my financial situation. She promised this was some sort of error and she would correct it as soon as she hung up. She did not. Three days later The notice of cancelation arrived. Subsequent calls to Prudential have been fruitless. I explain it to them only to be bounced to someone else to start all over, 5 times then disconnected.

Can someone help me understand how this is acceptable. Why would they ignore me for decades then change their own rules, without notice, then backstab a loyal client? It seems to me they must have access to my medical records and know I'm getting closer every day to needing the death benefit. I'll bet they search for ways to terminate the older clients before settlement comes due.

These people played me for 33 years and I hope to maybe protect someone else from this predatory business behavior. Please repost this everywhere you can. Any constructive advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated. I was hoping Prudential would find a corporate conscience and do the right thing. I would like my family to have enough money to dispose of my remains and maybe split a pizza.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I spoke to 9 people during the massive runaround they gave me but NONE of them could simply update the mailing address for future correspondence regarding my deceased mother's contract (1099's, etc). One guy asked if she could come to the phone! I will never be a Prudential customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After 6 months of working with Prudential, they still are asking for more information - the same information I have multiple times over 6 months sent to them in writing by mail or filed on their website. They continually ask for the same documents that I have already submitted and I sent to where they have told me to send it - still not getting it. Luckily if you go high enough up the ladder of supervisors, you will get an American. I have communicated with American employees over the phone and email (sending the same documents already sent).

Their main customer service is in the Philippines, while nice people, they do not understand how life policies work. Their hands are tied too. They do not have email - imagine anyone in today's world without email capacity. I have been a broker for 30 years selling life insurance policies, I will never put my client's heirs through this horrible mess by selling or referring them to Prudential again. If I could give a 0 rating I would due to the extreme stress and distress they have caused me - especially at such a sad and difficult time as my father's death 6 months ago.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have read through all the comments on this site and I must say that so far, my experience with Prudential is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I filled my claim in November 2008 because I could no longer work due to MS and Epilepsy. My employer along with my Case Manager Kelly has worked diligently in getting me documentation and my doctors the same. We had one form mix up and that was my fault. Kelly said fax it to her attention and before I got hot it was uploaded. I understand there is good and bad in every business and yes we ALL are in a rough a depressing spot. I felt so depressed not being able to work. Kelly spent time talking to me.

So I ask when everyone is bashing Prudential have you ever thought that just maybe they might care and it is rough on them too. I ask you do you talk to them or at your Prudential agents. Because I bet if you respect them they will return the favor. My claim is in medical review and may be denied and I too may go through a lot to get it approved but that’s ok. I know I am sick and I will keep on until it’s approved. Like I tell my Case Manager we are a team and we will do this together

Just want to throw some positive love out here because as bad as I feel that’s who I am and let’s join together after all this will change things quicker than hate. I PROMISE.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

They denied me life ins, in 2016 after paying monthly payments while out on long term disability for a Bone Marrow transplant at UPENN in Philadelphia for AML, they claim that I was no longer a UPS employee, but I was and I still work for UPS 9 years. I was sent a new application in Jan 2017 when I return to UPS. And that is when they denied me due to having AML. Yes I am doing well due to the transplant, thank God. I do not have any life insurance anymore. I even call the PA insurance commission, no help at all. Never got back to me. Thank you. My name is Robert **.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I acquired a Group Life policy for myself and my husband when it was offered to me by my employer in 2000. Once I left this job in 2002, I was allowed to keep the active policy by making the required quarterly payments. Long story short, after 17 years of paying my premiums faithfully and never becoming late, they cancelled my policy on myself and my husband. They claimed they received my last payment for the year was received 3 days late. It was at Christmastime. Although they did receive my payment, they sent me a refund with the cancellation notice. After speaking with several representatives and managers and going through an appeal process I was still denied my coverage back. I was told I would have to apply for a new policy.

After repeated requests for more and more health information and having each time sent them the information, they kept telling me they never received it. This went on for approximately 3 months. I faxed it, mailed it about 4 times and they would never admit it had been received. I believe I was discriminated against because of my age. I was then 59 years old and had had some health problems and surgeries over those years. After 17 years of faithful premium payments I was cancelled. No reminder letter that they had not received a payment or a late notice letter. Just a cancellation notice. These people are crooks with no decency or morals. I had paid in thousands of dollars with about 17 cents on return. I would not recommend anyone doing business with these people. Age and health discrimination and absolutely NOT WORKING WITH LONG TIME CUSTOMERS. This company is a sham.

DO NOT EVER GET INVOLVED WITH PRUDENTIAL GROUP LIFE INSURANCE! All they will do is fleece you with higher and higher premiums based on your age bracket, going way higher at each bracket and then drop you for one payment they claim they received late. Even though they had my payment just after the due date, after 17 years and thousands of dollars later, they dropped me and then would never admit they ever received anything from me except my NEW APPLICATION which had my medical history on it. They kept saying they did not receive their requested medical information that I sent and resent 4 or 5 times. They knew I was older and now had health issues. VERY UNETHICAL COMPANY. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My fiancé was killed in a accident in April 2018 and he was on my work benefits that I put him on in January during open enrollment. I still have had no luck getting the policies paid out to me. Prudential is finding any excuse they can to not pay out my policies. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not only do I have to try to cope day to day without my fiancé but now I’m being sued for funeral and other bills which would not be happening if Prudential would pay the policy out that I paid to have.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information