Nationwide Insurance - Auto

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The process was quick and fairly easy and resolution was made in a reasonable amount of time. Rates, however, continues to climb even though I was not at fault and the other party was found to be responsible. Comprehensive coverage was ok but expensive in my opinion. Always trying to tack on extra unnecessary options. Overall it was affordable initially. Started out reasonable but continued to skyrocket after I was in an accident. The other driver was insured by Nationwide as well. It was settled fairly quick. Never had any problems with my agents and toll free customer service. They were usually very personable, pleasant, and helpful. No complaints.

With our policy we got to choose the amount of coverage to have available for our vehicles. They gave us recommendations as to what we should have for coverage. The value that it has added to our lives is that it is invaluable. You should always have car insurance. The car insurance gives you peace of mind. No worries. We have only experienced customer service in the signing up process for the insurance. The process was easy to complete. The man was able to answer all of our questions.

Gets right in time to ensure you get paid in a timely manner. Fast and friendly staff with a vision. Certified analysts of your claim. Reliable service that gets your claims processed quickly. Its coverage is broadened to include lots of things that are affordable for anyone on a budget. High quality coverage at affordable rates. Value is imperative at the coverage being included in the affordable coverage rates. Excellent value for coverage and affordable for the value of services that are provided. Friendly and informative staff that work hard to help find any solution to all of your insurance needs. Informative and understanding to meet consumers needs.

Usually just file the claim via a phone call. The response time has been extremely quick. It is a grandfathered account therefore we do not have a deductible. We currently have full coverage for our 2014 Toyota Sienna. For example, when a rock crack the windshield the first week of getting it, Nationwide replaced it quickly and without any deductible. It is a relief to know that any little thing can happen and Nationwide will handle it in a quick and efficient manner. For example, when one of the vehicles was damaged by a deer, we were able to obtain a rental car with same day. The Nationwide headquarters are always nice and helpful. However, I do prefer dealing with them rather than our local representatives.

The process was a bit slow at first but I guess the girl I spoke to was new. Eventually everything worked out. Fast, easy and convenient. My auto insurance coverage includes broken windshield, if my vehicle gets stolen, accidents, towing if my vehicle gets stuck somewhere, etc. For my new car they offered extra coverage which comes with a cost. I declined such! Extra coverage means extra cost for me. I'm trying to save so I try to stay within my budget. However my coverage is affordable as I choose what I can afford and their service is good. Been with them 2 years and I'm satisfied with everything. Customer service is good. I hate waiting on the line for calls sometimes but that's normal for all companies. I haven't had any bad experiences with them as yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

It was easy to file the claim. It was not as easy to have someone from the insurance company come and appraise the damage. It was a bit more frustrating. I have always felt our coverage has been more than appropriate and a good value. Also, our agent tried to look for discounts for us for our policy. Of course, auto insurance isn't cheap. It may even cost more than other companies, but I do not mind too much because there is good customer service. Always polite and patient. Easy to speak with a real person. They problem-solve readily. A good experience every time I call.

My agent was great. He answered any questions and helped with my claims, making the process easy. I felt he looked out for my best interests when it came to my policies and claims. Nationwide offered the coverage I needed. From auto to renters insurance before I was a homeowner. Offering the coverage I needed. My agent was knowledgeable in all the policies Nationwide offered. I sometimes paid a little higher premium, than I may have with another company. But I felt nationwide was worth it for reliability and coverage. My agent was a kind and respectful man. He helped me and my partner with the right policies for our cars and home. He helped us without hesitation. Being a gay couple that meant so much to us.

I am very happy with the coverage Nationwide is providing me for the price I pay. I shopped around and found Nationwide to be the least expensive for the coverage I needed. I just switched to Nationwide for my auto insurance and feel I got a great deal compared to what I had before. I have great coverage for a low price. I am very happy with Nationwide's customer service. They are very knowledgeable and really friendly. They are also very helpful when you have questions.

Was easy to contact my agent in regards to getting a claim started and processed. Contact them via telephone and they followed up. Did not have to wait too long to hear back from my rep. The agency covered a lot including renters and my car. They did not alert me to different tiers as it relates to my having to pay any deductibles. But on the coverage, it was very adequate. Value was hit and miss due to not knowing what the deductible would be when filing a claim. Also, not being made aware that I could and should make some changes for different coverage. Was happy with the customer service.

Their processing department is very quick in sending out or getting me my insurance cards for my automobiles. Their coverage is very good and the best one I have ever had. Their rates are super competitive, their agents are knowledgeable and friendly and they are on my side, which provides comfort in itself. I not only have auto but also renter and life insurance through them. It is nice knowing that for these three products or coverages, I am spending less in costs with them than I would be anywhere else. I have never had any issues when calling in for website or needing to find a document. They are friendly and super quick in helping assist.

No issues or problems anytime anywhere with any agents. Great coverage for all types of needed insurance. Recommend to all friends and family. Price is just right. Not like other insurance companies that will try and nickel and dime you. GREAT.

Such ease that I am pleased and do not want to switch. Nationwide is a good company and they help me everytime with nice service. When I got into my accident they were very beneficial to me and I was grateful for their assistance. It covers everything. The insurance company is great. I had an accident and they covered everything because it wasn't my fault, gave me a rental at a low cost, and fixed my car with great advantages. I think the value has always been good and with this company it is great, better than other companies. I would highly recommend this company to anybody and everybody. Great customer service. They are very kind, helpful, to the point, valid, cautious, careful, fun, and enhancing. Their customer service is probably the best customer service that there is.

Their claims processing is quick and very satisfactory. We have never filed a claim with Nationwide but we know other people who have and they are very satisfied. Nationwide has several coverage options to fit everyone's needs. We have very good coverage on our vehicle and we pay around the same amount each month. I believe Nationwide insurance is very valuable. You get good coverage for a decent price. If you have had a good driving record then Nationwide will take care of you. I love their customer service. Every time I call to pay my bill, the representative is nice and very willing to help me. Up to this point, I have not been disappointed by the customer service team at Nationwide. Five stars for me.

I would recommend Nationwide. They are a good company. They have always been very nice and helpful when I need it. I get great coverage. And I have a package on mine where if my car breaks down I can get help and it is covered by my policy. I have never had to use but its a comfort to know I have it when I go out of town. I got a very good rate. Considering I have one ticket that is dropping off soon. I pay monthly to a little more but being on fixed income that is the best I can do. They have been very helpful in any questions I have. They are real people to help with any need we might have on our policies. Always friendly and nice.

The claims process was very easy because I was working with a very experienced employee who walked me through the process every single step of the way. The coverage options are great because they have options for people of all walks of life. Even people in various income brackets can take advantage of Nationwide's coverage. It has added so much security to my life and my family's. If anything ever happens, I can count on Nationwide to have my back and protect my family. Customer service is great. They are always caring and upfront about everything. Everyone with whom I have ever spoken got everything handled in one call.

I was t-boned by an 18-yr old girl running a stop sign. She was issued a ticket and her insurance company (GEICO) has accepted full responsibility. Great huh? Nationwide who is my insurance won't get an adjuster to authorize any repairs to my truck. This accident happened 30 days ago and I still haven't had any repairs done to my truck. Numerous phone and emails and all I get is the run around. This guy is on vacation and the other adjuster is too busy and it's not his district.

I have been with Nationwide since 1976. I have only had one other major claim and they just don't give a rat's ass if you are taken care of. I can't even get my truck out of the shop as they have storage and towing fees that will need to be repaid. Over 2k in storage fees. I have asked the repair shop when the repairs will start and all they can say we have to wait for Nationwide to authorize. I have to assume that they no longer want my business anymore. Home, motor home and 2 cars with them and over 4K in premiums per year. This company has really changed in the past few years and not for the better. I now will have to shop for another insurance company.

They were average. I had an accident and they refused to cover it because I had missed a payment. As a result my car was auctioned off and I lost my license. They had all of the usual options but nothing special. This was years ago before they hired Dale Earnhardt. I hear they do better now - at least that is what Dale and Danica say. Their lack of coverage for an accident almost ruined my life. Not only did I lost my license, my girlfriend and my job. Thanks to them I had to take the bus for a few years.

The auto insurance claims takes a meanwhile from due process: the procedures take a while to process for compensation of either or both party according to current insurance coverage. Auto insurance coverage could be as simple as the basics liability coverage up to the premium coverage to cover most of the possible deductibles to insure full compensation for both parties. The premium auto insurance coverage is a full compensation deal to cover both parties during an accidental claim with the least deductibles. Premium auto coverage from friendly customer service who are professionals to taking care of the parties' needs for the compensation of claims.

I've never used them for claims. I've never had an accident. I have got safe driver checks for about a year-and-a-half and I like them. It's easy. I have the mobile app so in case I ever did get into an accident I can just take pictures from my phone and upload them. The coverage's good. I have fear I haven't had the opportunity to use them or have to file a claim but I'm happy to know that they're there. The value is decent for the amount of money I pay. I have liability with Collision and for the price it's a deal. When I did have questions about my policies or questions about my good driving record or any other information that I did need they were very helpful and prompt. I received the email within 5 minutes and they knew what they were talking about.

They helped take care of everything and very quickly. Walked me through the process and guided me on what steps to take. Nationwide also sent someone out right away to take pictures. Many options to choose from. Also will let you know what works best for your specific needs. Very patient at explaining the difference between the coverage. I like the value because after being with them so long we received a discount. Also many other discounts for different things, like multiple drivers, good grades. I love how happy the receptionist always seems to be. Also very patient and kind when I needed help with any questions. Works very fast to respond.

Quickly communicate and helped me through the process. Told me what was going to be covered and what I should expect. Was an exciting and I felt relief. They had a plan to cover my specific needs and were very willing to help me out. Were upfront about the cost and what it was going to cost me to get everything done. Has given me the peace of mind to go out and have one less thing to worry about. Felt they gave me a fair deal and were very helpful. Fresh and exciting process that was very nice to have. They did not leave me waiting and I felt they knew what they were talking about. They were helpful throughout the entire process and very easy to understand.

Payments are very affordable and the people are very nice and I would recommend Nationwide to anyone. The coverage is wonderful. I have had Nationwide for over twenty years and I wouldn't switch. They make you feel important and know you by name. I have minimal coverage at a great price. I value this company a lot. They have lots of ways to make a payment and print important documents. They return your telephone calls in a reasonable amount of time and are very nice. I have used customer service a lot with having to change my automobiles, sometimes coverage and getting proof of insurance.

I had an accident; called the 800 number, was assigned a claim number. The next day I was assigned an agent and contact info. Went to the body shop and they took pictures. That afternoon I got the claim approved and made the body shop appearance and broke into my happy dance. Great service and response. I was the victim in this case and the young lady who hit me both had Nationwide insurance. It was a great experience, not the accident but the coverage. You've gotta have insurance in this Sue me world. This coverage is both good and reasonably priced. My experience made me appreciate Nationwide. Having an accident isn't fun. These people made the experience a little easier to handle. They listened, didn't judge and made it ok. It was almost like talking to an old friend.

They handle everything really well whatever you need to make a claim or just to ask questions about the policy you have with them. They cover me very well. The amount I wanted is what I got and they make sure to check in ever so often to see if I need more coverage. The price I pay every month is fairly good value. I guess haven't checked to see if I can get it cheaper anywhere else because I like the people at Nationwide. They are there for you in every way you need them. Bad or good they will help you until the problem is resolved. The people that work there are very friendly and will go the extra mile to get the problem fixed.

When a deer hit our car filing a claim was quick and easy to do. Simply call the hotline and you can talk to a live representative. There were a number of coverage options which made it easy to customize how much we paid each month. When we switched to a different coverage it was simple to do and was reflected immediately on our monthly bill. I thought that the monthly payment was too much considering how good our driving record was. I recommend shopping around to see how this provider compares to others. When filing a claim and switching coverage options the customer service representative was friendly and efficient in helping us. The wait time on the phone was a reasonable amount of time.

Quick, timely. They work to get the one you deserve and they are very affordable. They actually care about their customers. They treat you like family. The coverage is good. It's cheap but worth it. They do come through when you have an accident. They are fast to get to your accident. They take pictures and use them if they need to take them to get your car fixed. The value is amazing. They care and they go above and beyond to make them valuable. They also take comments on how to make them better. The customer service is the best part of what they have to offer. They are always polite and talk to you like you are one of their family members.

I haven't had to file a claim yet with nationwide. Every other experience I have had with this company has been pretty good. I have no complaints regarding Nationwide so far and I hope that that doesn't change. I am required to have SR 22 coverage. Even though it isn't the cheapest auto insurance to have I am happy because I tried other companies who wouldn't cover me. The value is pretty competitive rates. I don't think it can get any cheaper with the type of coverage I have. Either way sr 22 is expensive but nationwide was the first to accept me and I feel my monthly bill is acceptable considering. I usually call the company if I need help with anything. Every time I've had to has been a great experience because it is quick and painless.

The claim was handled quickly, to my satisfaction, and completely handled by their staff. Kudos. They handled the interaction with the other company, let me pick out the repair shop, and it was totally smooth. From basic to full coverage, with a wide selection of deductibles, and no sales calls, junk mail, etc. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Peace of mind, good rates, and wonderful twenty four hour customer service, what more could one ask for? I highly recommend them for all your auto insurance needs. Courteous, fast response. Adjuster viewed my vehicle the next day, and let me select the repair shop. Seamless service start to finish.

I had a very easy experience dealing with their claims department. Everything went smoothly and my vehicle was taken care of in a timely manner. My coverage is just fine. I was able to use a rental car while my other vehicle was getting fixed which was very nice. It covers everything I need it to. I don't feel like I pay an outrageous price for car insurance. However I wish it was a little bit cheaper. It would be nice if it was a flat rate for everyone everywhere but that is just not the case. The customer service has been very easy to deal with when I had to file a claim and got back to me within a timely manner and answered all of my questions.

Nationwide Allied is a great insurance company. Not only is it incredible with their commercials they are great in customer service as well. I would recommend Nationwide. Nationwide is on your side is no lie, they are really there for you. There are a lot of options and coverage with Nationwide. I can proudly say that this is the first time at 36 years old that I have had a vehicle with full coverage. And it is affordable. It has been a pleasure to have full coverage on our vehicle. It makes me feel really safe to know that we have it. It has been wonderful to have Nationwide by my side. I have no complaints and they have been great to assist us. I am very happy and satisfied.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Founded in 1926, Nationwide Insurance is one of America's most popular car insurance companies. The company offers a full range of insurance options -- from farm insurance to motorcycle insurance.

• Written guarantee: Nationwide operates with a written guarantee for all repairs, so car owners after an accident know how much they will be paying and for what.
  • AutoWatch: The company has a program called AutoWatch, where customers can log in and see the progress of damaged car repairs and actually watch it being worked on while it is in the shop.
  • Vanishing deductible: Nationwide also offers a Vanishing Deductible program, which reduces the amount of the deductible over time if a driver keeps a good driving record.
  • Free quotes: The company offers car owners free, no-obligation quotes, so they can wait to make a commitment when deciding whether to use the company's services.
  • Multipolicy discount: If customers have multiple policies with Nationwide, they will receive a discount on their auto insurance policy.
  • Best for New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers who also own homes.

Compare Auto Insurance