Nationwide Insurance - Auto

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My experience was after I was hit by someone that has coverage with Nationwide insurance that took place in February of 2017 and now is October 2017, and I'm still waiting for Nationwide to do the right thing here. But so far I have talk to different Nationwide people and still cannot get any good answer. I keep hearing stuff like "That don't need to be repair and also we will tell you what parts to use but it doesn't have to quality." They keep telling me they are going to decide what to put on it and I just don't think that is right. If the truck had original parts and the parts are available I should be getting the right parts and so they disagree with me. So I like people to know that is the paid coverage and Nationwide decided to cut corners. The people is taking a risk of getting sue or if not been involved in a headache.

In March my policy renewed. I have my checking account set up with BillPay and a check is automatically sent to Nationwide to pay premium every month. When my policy renewed again in March, the premium went up and I missed correcting the new amount a few months. I received several emails that they had received my payments. I upped my payments to send the correct amount but apparently I still had underpaid. I received 1 letter that I had underpaid by $43.08 and remembered I had upped my payments and thought they just had not received it yet... Instead they canceled my auto ins and NEVER notified me!

I was driving around without insurance for a month!!! When I called to get re-instated, they informed me basically, we no longer want you as a customer, here, call this number which was one of their low class secondary insurance co... The person on the phone taking my info did not know how to spell. I hung up and called a local insurance agent and was taken care of immediately. I have my home and RV insurance with Nationwide and had insured with them for over 25 years. NONE OF THAT MATTERED!

It’s July 19. I have been driving with no insurance since April of 2017 you ** idiots. I’m glad you won’t renew my policy. I want nothing to do with you incompetent pieces of ** and I have over 400 people on my social media and I’ll be spreading the word like ** jesus! You have my email, current phone number and mail box address and I have received no notice from any that you cancelled my policy. I hope the ** you morons go down like ENRON where you belong, maggots!!!

I've never spent less than 40 minutes on the phone with customer service & my issue has never been resolved. Every month is a different price & their response is always "we've added Texas fees". I started the SmartRide program & was told it only had to be on for three months. After completing the three months, I sent it in. I hadn't heard anything in a couple of weeks, so I decided to call. They told me the previous representative told me the wrong amount of time & that I'd have to start the program all over again. It was extremely frustrating because it was going to be that much longer that I'd receive a discount because of their wrongdoing. Now that I have completed the 6 months for it, they said I'd have to wait another 6 months to receive my discount. I was never once told this information.

I recently called & was quoted a certain price to pay for that month. I called back the next day & they said they didn't know where the previous rep got that number from. After going through the he said she said, I asked them to listen to the call. They called me back hours later to inform me that they did in fact hear him tell me that specific number, but they weren't going to honor it. I don't understand why I'd have to pay for one of their mistakes. I was on the phone with them a total of about two hours both days. This company is full of a bunch of "he said she said" representatives. None of these employees have enough knowledge of any of their policies. They definitely need better training. I will absolutely be leaving this company.

I was rear-ended by a Nationwide driver. Nationwide called me and admitted he was at fault. I have had nothing but trouble with the adjuster since the bills started coming in. The adjuster emailed me saying that she will get back to me every 30 days about my claim. In the meantime I get phone calls from the hospital saying nationwide called them needing more information. I have tried to call and email my adjuster. No word from her. Every time she does call she just tells me that she has over 100 cases and can't keep up. I have asked for her supervisor a couple of times and no call back from her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

We will be cancelling all insurance thru Nationwide Insurance - Auto and Allied. We had wind damage to our camper when towing it. We hit a big wind storm on our way to the campground and the rubber roof was hanging over the edge when we got there. We filed a claim as soon as we got home, it took 2 weeks for our adjuster to deny the claim! According to her, in order for the camper to be covered we should have had it inspected every 6 months by a dealer and it should have been recaulked every 2 years.

Our camper has been in a climate controlled building ever since it was new unless we were using it, which is about 14 days a year! There was absolutely no water damage under the rubber roof and our camper repair person said that it was definitely caused by the wind! The adjuster would not even listen to the repair man that has 30 years experience. She was very disrespectful and rude! We are very unhappy and want to warn other people that Nationwide is NOT on your side!

When I started with Nationwide Insurance they gave me a great rate with discount and stuff. Was paying around $185.00 monthly, nevertheless, after six months I realized that my monthly about $225.00 monthly, a big and huge difference. When asked about it they stated that fees where added on, which they said that my policy was renewed because the first six months is over. Okay! I was mad because you already budget to the amount they first told you about. Nevertheless, I called and signed up for the SmartRide that makes you get 10% discount which made my monthly payment off $195.00 for the on the month of June.

Come to find out that July amount went up to $206.00. When called and asked, they stated that my policy got renew. Like how many bloody times do they renew your policy! I feel cheated and disappointed, they have this big talk and yet add more and more to your policy, now I am afraid that next month is higher. I do not recommend, because they aren't honest and when you call them they try to tell you, "Ohh you didn't read the fine print." Like really!!! I'm DISAPPOINTED to the MAX. I'm ready to change insurance.

We had homeowners insurance with Nationwide/Allied for many years and never submitted a claim. We received a nasty letter saying we were being dropped because we had not rectified some landscaping issues (which they never told us about). They apparently want to drop everyone in a rural "fire" area, even though we maintain a significant defensive space and keep our home and landscaping perfect. Our broker was basically not helpful with this because he was overwhelmed with others in the same position. We have switched insurance companies.

Somewhere in Downtown Columbus Ohio (Nationwide has several buildings) they have bike guards. Apparently they patrol the streets. Last August, we were sitting in front of the BWC building on Spring Street when about seven or so bike guards surrounded us. One became verbally abusive and accused us of shooting up heroin. It was a Saturday afternoon. Everything was closed. There were no other cars around us. No people walking. My husband was headed into his office just to check on some things. I admit things got bad in a hurry. My husband was trying to get out of his car, but the guards surrounded him and one began yelling at him. I know Columbus has issues with gangs. I thought they were a gang since they never identified themselves.

There was no way to know who these guys were. They were all wearing black and riding black bikes. As one yelled at my husband and accused him of shooting me up with heroin, I became frightened. I jumped out of the car and dialed 911. I also yelled at these guys to leave at once. But one continued to claim that they saw my husband shoot me up with heroin. We are in our 50's. We've never used drugs. Never! With all the police shootings going on during that time period, I had good reason to believe these guys might have guns, and they might use them. This was all caught on video.

A week or so later I went to the Nationwide headquarters in Downtown Columbus. Nationwide denied these were their guards. I confirmed with police that they are Nationwide guards. My understanding now is that Nationwide reviewed the video (this info came from a source I can't name on here) and claimed that they would use this video as a training session. My belief is that these guys are complete frauds. It was a very quiet day in Downtown Columbus. The police even agreed that it was very strange that this situation occurred. We believe we were targeted as a training session. There were several guards, but only one of them spoke while all the others just surrounded us and blocked my husband from leaving the car.

Police did finally catch up with these guys and they admitted they were Nationwide guards. They also claimed they were in training. I have an issue with Nationwide or any company targeting people on the streets and using them for training purposes. I want answers to my questions, but Nationwide will not give a contact for this type of issue. We live close to the site that this situation occurred and every day is a reminder of what happened that day.

This is where I am. I am wishing to settle our claim, immediately. I am not wishing to play phone tag with Nationwide Insurance Company or its list of employees. I no longer wish to speak with anyone but the Corporate Office. Please, do not have anyone from Raleigh, Fayetteville, China Grove, Ohio (specifically, S.F), or Richfield to contact me. I realize the Corporate Office is in Columbus, Ohio.

Though S. (Claims Manager of Raleigh) called wishing for a settlement number($), I was not prepared to give her one at the time of the conversation; this morning. And although C.P (Claims Representative of Raleigh) attempted to have the deposit waived for the rental vehicle and informed me all seven of Nationwide's representatives have their own specialty to discuss; right now SF (the Adjuster from Ohio) has caused frustration and agitation. He states my vehicle assessment is $1,429 after the deductible of $250 even though his comparisons from Florida and Delaware are $4,000 for an 05 Kia with 174,000 miles.

He went on to state there were further damages to the doors, that I did not have upon releasing the vehicle to R&L Towing (of Richfield) who transferred the vehicle to Copart (of China Grove). He also deducted $600 for paint peeling due to age and cited "he was doing me a favor" because the original cost of paint for the entire vehicle was $1,200. This is versus the 8hours cited on the vehicle estimate.

Let's calculate his numbers: $4,000 comparison - 600 paint deduction - 250 deductible. By my calculations, this would render $3,150 for the vehicle assessment. Yet, my deductible does not apply because it was a "Hit and Run" from another Nationwide customer who was arrested and the insured was his father. Therefore totaling $3,400, if I believed anything SF had to say about paint cost. Verifying the estimate from CC (the Adjuster from Fayetteville), this is the Adjuster who relayed this information to him; I do no trust or believe the word of an Ohio Adjuster who has not been in the presence of my vehicle but cites that of a PDF file as if were gospel.

Furthermore, the PDF does not cite damage to both door handles, its states damage to the front door. So I question who is lying; Copart, Fayetteville or Ohio. And why is Copart relaying information to Fayetteville (to CC, Adjuster Fayetteville) to be sent to Ohio (SF). Do you see my current frustration with Nationwide Insurance Company?

My comparison is of a NC vehicle prior year, more mileage at $3,999. I also did Copart, your salvage company's comparison nationwide. Similar comparisons across the board reflect $4,000 as SF himself, quoted. Be it from Ohio, Florida, Delaware or North Carolina ($4,000). So as asked by S. (Claims-Manager), she desired a number for injuries sustained as a result of the "Hit and Run" by BF; specifically soft tissue neck and back injuries from my medical report and therapy for my child. I found two legal comparisons, should we elect to go to court. To the left is ** and to the right is **. My daughter suffered emotional trauma and sought medical help. I cannot put a dollar figure on being scared of what may occur due to the reckless driving of BF or anyone else she may come in contact with.

S. (Claims Manager, Raleigh) requested a number($) for settling this claim and CP (my Nationwide Representative) stated RT (representative for BF, son of insured and Ms F) will be meeting tomorrow to go over the circumstances that caused him to hit our vehicle, flee the scene, have his father assist him with aiding and abiding and ultimately, his arrest. So to whomever; here are numbers($) you can forward to Nationwide (c/o: RT and Policy-F). Property Damage of 05 Kia Rio: $3,999. Bodily Injury for Headaches, Soft Tissue Neck and Back Injuries: **. Supplementary: To be determined.

Please thank SF. His attitude, concern, and business ethics lead me to go above and beyond to collect the necessary data for my injuries and cases reflecting that of a Hit and Run and Soft Tissue Neck and Back Injuries with Headaches and my medical report to confirm. As I stated, I believed this claim would be simple; the vehicle, the injuries and the contact with my insurance company, Nationwide Insurance. What I did not believe would occur is seven representatives with different specialties attempting to confuse me into a half-ass claim. If you desire, please have someone from your Corporate Consumer Complaints Office or your Corporate Office contact me to settle my claim. I will publish this on the ConsumerAffairs website and update the NC Attorney General, NCDOI, and BBB about the current ethics and company standards of Nationwide Insurance Company.

I became Nationwide customer 6 month ago after with AAA for 14 years. Recently we were out of the country so when we were back we receive the cancellation notice letter so we call customer service right away to reinstate the policy. They flatly refuse to reinstate and now I'm out of auto insurance. I was not even out for 10 days laps from my payment. With AAA they took care right away if with in a month. So I'm very very unhappy with Nationwide policy and let all the all the member know.

I am asking for everyone's help and I never do this so please read and please share. My Dad died on January 1st 2017 and I'm sure most of you know this by now. There is a company that everyone needs to know about and a policy that everyone needs to be aware of. My Dad a few days before his death paid in to Nationwide Insurance $642.20 to pay his policy ahead on all 4 of his cars. NEVER PAY YOUR INSURANCE AHEAD. If something happens to you your money was wasted!

I called this company a few days after his death because I noticed this and asked what I should do and told them he had passed away. I was told that even though I was the only child and he was divorced that I needed to wait until I had a copy of his death certificate and until I had papers saying I was the administrator of the estate to cancel the policy, and in the meantime I had to let the cars sit. I do what I'm told at this point, and as most of you know it takes months to have this done. After everything is said and done I hand in the paperwork to them and later receive a check for $94 and of course I question them as to why it is so low when my dad had just paid them this money only a days before his death.

At first I'm told it was a mistake that the date they filed the paperwork to cancel the policy was put in as the death date instead of January 1st and they will correct it in 5 days. I wait over two weeks and call back. Then I'm told they are requesting that I sign the papers again. (No one called to tell me, I called them, so I was just waiting.) I go in and sign the papers and do everything the same as the first time and make sure again they have my phone number. I'm told to wait 5 days again - no problem it will be corrected. (Again a couple weeks later I call to check in.) I'm told I need to give them proof of insurance that the cars are all now insured. I drive back down and drop off this paperwork as well. (Now keep in mind they told me that I had to wait to cancel this policy. I wanted to put these cars from the beginning on my policy.)

I am now being told that they can only back up to the date that we insured them! When they told me not to insure them! The woman on the phone even told me to wait to insure them because my insurance company would be cheaper and our money would go further once I transferred them over to our policy. So I asked them who they were insuring because we were not on my Dad's policy. I also said had we driven the cars and wrecked them they would have told us that we weren't insured and that they wouldn't have paid out for that. I was told by them today 6/15/17 had a tree fallen on my Dad's car he would have been insured!

I said "okay my Dad, a dead man, would have been insured not us so you still wouldn't have paid us for the tree and how often does that happen?" He then tells me that I'm making assumptions that they would have paid out and that in the state of Ohio all vehicles must be insured at all times and that I need to have my insurance company call their insurance company to verify how long these cars were insured. However my car insurance is much cheaper than theirs and I wanted it on my insurance from the beginning which they held me up from doing.

So I guess they get to keep the money for the cars they told me not to insure and to let sit because I did what they said and I didn't switch them over to our policy right away! Never pay your car insurance ahead for the year if you pass away your money is gone! Your family will not see this money and you threw it out the window! NEVER USE NATIONWIDE INSURANCE. THEY WILL NOT BE THERE FOR YOUR FAMILY IN THE EVENT OF YOUR DEATH!

Charged us to leave 68.00... over charged the rate deductible... over charging 100.00... didn't send anything in the mail... I have dealt with a lot of insurance... they are by far the worst I have ever seen. What the hell is equity bill... There is no equity in autos... just lies. Be careful of companies who try to hide pricing or disappearing quotes.

I am a OTR truck driver who paid my premium on time every month. Nationwide cancelled my insurance for eleven dollars, they could have called me or rolled the amount over. Being on the road I couldn't get a mailed notice. Had I not inquired about insurance for my daughter I would have not known until I lost my job for driving a commercial vehicle with a suspension because they also reported to the BMV. They are grimy as can be.

Consumers beware!! I had a Nationwide policy and evidently just because I was the policy holder, they reported that I was the driver in an accident that I was nowhere near! Not only did I report the accident including who the driver was, who was at fault, etc. But also, I sent medical bills for the driver on my policy! (Right, not me!) Furthermore, it is their responsibility to follow up via police reports if there are any questions concerning the driver of a vehicle, or other accident information! Will Nationwide fix their error? Of course NOT!! You have to go through some third party reporting company where it will take a couple months to MAYBE be corrected! Nationwide is on the side of ripping people off and messing up their lives!!

On Jan 28, 2017 this year, I took the RV to Nationwide RV prefer body shop for repair. Initially I was told 6 to 8 weeks from Jan 28. I will get the car back. By March I was told there was factory delay. I was told by insurance the part will be done by May. After May 8, the part was completed. They find problem to ship the product from Indiana to California. The insurance company and their prefer body shop seems no clue when they will fix my RV. Almost 5 months and they still could not find way to fix my RV. I voice my frustration to Nationwide Insurance but don't seem to find a solution.

They should have given me written warning that my insurance was going to go up because of the state mandated increase. Shocking! Nevertheless, Nationwide is still less expensive than other companies for the same coverage.

I have several accounts with this company including home, auto, life and 457 account. I recently received my auto and home renewal. Boy was I shocked to see such a big increase in both. I went ahead and paid the bill then I called the company to ask why such an increase in both. I was told the increase was not because of me but because the company didn't make the profit they wanted. Are you kidding me? Your profit was in the millions and that wasn't enough. After I ended my phone call in which I voiced my opinion I received another bill for my auto for an additional 5.00 charge. I plan on closing all my accounts with this company and going to a company that isn't so greedy and truly cares about providing a good service.

Anytime I have any situation or question regarding the policy, or anything that had happen with the policy. The customer service is excellent, polite, and shows that know the materials, and make you feel confident with a clear answer. The company is reliable, trustworthy. They make you welcome, that you are part of them. That has to do a lot with the agent. That for that agency you are family and they care you.

I have been with Nationwide for so long that my rates are impossible to leave or I would probably find a new company, but no one can beat the rates I get now. Also, filing the claim with Nationwide was relatively easy. I just called their toll free number and a friendly representative helped me through the process over the phone and soon it was filed.

However, the service I get from Nationwide is average, but I want above and beyond! Because hit or miss. Some of the agents are extremely helpful, while others I have had have been rude or unhelpful. They were supposed to put the customer above all else but I think Nationwide is profit first, customer second. Once you have been a customer of theirs since the 90s they know they have you and they quit trying so hard. They also do not like it if you want to get your car fixed at a shop that is not on their preferred care list, that is a big no no. My advice to those looking for auto insurance, when looking at Nationwide I would look elsewhere.

I recently experienced a total loss vehicle from an accident. At the scene the police officer indicated it was the other driver's fault. I contacted Nationwide to report the claim, and the agent asked if I wanted to go through Nationwide or the other driver's insurance company. The claim agent went on to explain that he could make it faster, but, I would have to wait for the deductible. I indicated that would be okay. Nationwide uses a company CCC One for their total vehicle loss claims. CCC One started out by using a statewide average value for my auto. I asked Nationwide how they obtained that value only never to be addressed or answered. Then CCC One determined an adjusted value for a comparable automobile on a car lot.

I asked how CCC One determined the value and was told I had to have a conference call between myself Nationwide and CCC One. Nationwide would not give me the mathematical formula used to arrive at a value. This went on for several weeks, until I paid an auto appraiser $ 45 to arrive at a range of value of between 9,000 and 12000. Nationwide/CCC One had put a value of 7300 for my car, while I had a value of 9800, a big difference. I certainly was not going to accept the Nationwide/CCC One value so I contacted the other insurance company who used an AudaExplore Autosource market-driven valuation which put a value on my car of 10396. Be careful if you encounter CCC One for a valuation, run away because they will underestimate your loss by 30%.

Nationwide Insurance doesn't care. Claims representatives do not return phone calls and actually lie to you about the limits of the policy. They tell you something is not covered when it is. These people have over 870 complaints registered with the Better Business Bureau and have been fined by the federal government numerous times for their unscrupulous ways.

My mother's husband passed away a year ago and since then my mother has been visiting her children in different states, staying at one place days at a time and going back and forth between Maryland and Virginia. She has not decided to change her state of residence. Nationwide wants her to add everyone in my sister's household to her insurance because according to Nationwide "they all have access to her car keys", even after my mother has told them many times she is the only driver of her own car and everyone else has their own insurance. They don't care about their customers, only their pockets! Shame on you Nationwide.

Nationwide is an awesome insurance company especially when you have the right agent. I only deal with one agent and even though she sees me once or twice a year she calls me by name when I walk in. Her customer service is awesome and she know all the details of the products she sells.

Your client had an accident at our home 3 days ago. She hit a trailer in our driveway pushed it into our carport and her car hit our house, knocked out part of our kitchen wall and destroyed one side of my kitchen. I was told the adjuster would be here within 24 hours. I did talk to him on day 2 and he said he could not come until day 4. This is day 4 and I can't even get him to answer his phone. I also cannot get the person who is handling the claim to answer the phone. Nationwide is not on our side nor will they ever be my insurance carrier.

I was up front and honest about NATIONWIDE paying for repairs. They could have refused due to cost difference less than $100.00. That was MARVELOUS. Mina Motors had our car which was driveable but the back end was totaled. I give NATIONWIDE FIVE STARS FOR FIXING OUR CAR. A-OK motors on Washington Avenue did the work and did all talking negotiations with Nationwide. As a result we have our great Subaru back to drive.

However; they could have cared less about my injuries which were NOT life threatening but my neck had to be supported with collar for two months afterwards and the scars from all the glass in my face because the back window broke instantly and thrown forward to front windshield which stopped the glass allowing it to only come back in at me. They fixed the car but never asked or expressed any concern for my bodily injuries. I am fine now but a little help or an acknowledgment from them would have tipped the scales on my overall viewpoint at this time. I hope with some UNDERSTANDING.

Nevertheless, I have a combined grandfathered insurance package with NATIONWIDE. Always really liked our Rep's office JIM ** in N.E. Philadelphia. Loved the insurance and TRUSTED the folks at this office. Had first name repro, even. But suddenly when we had to involved 3rd party Insurance adjustor because we were suddenly being ignored by those whom we trusted. Awkward ever since & we know our home is UNDERINSURED & auto pay way too much for our records.

I was misused by this company in many ways. They turned my $34 dollar last payment adjustment for cancelling their insurance into collection agent. Instead of billing me personally. They did not inform the state that I trade coverage. They sent my homeowners quoted policy to collections then when they were found out they fixed it. Damage exists. If this company provided a personal agent this would never happen, Please protect your coverage/Never assume that Nationwide has your Back. Huge mistake.

When I 1st sign up they sign me up for the lowest cost not explaining to me the value of my policy and they did it on the cheapest quote they could give me just so they would give my business. I wasn't even sign up for a accident forgiveness nor did my policy lower when I have been with them for over 3 years but it does now after they got someone in the office that actually cares about customer to explain what my options are and was.

Triple rated company with an outstanding local agency. After a brief delay, the adjusters responded professionally and helpfully to enable me to acquire a new car.

They broke into our truck and needed Nationwide to help us, but? Called our Insurance agency at 7:30 am on the morning of the 25 of May 2017. Had to leave a message on the recorder, waited for my agent Dwight Henderson to call me as soon as they got into the office, I got busy with other things and by 2:45 pm no one has called me from my Insurance agency! WTF! I better call them and by now it was after 3:15 pm. Marry the wife of the owner tells me, "O' I was just about to call you," I said, "O' REALLY!! It's after 3 pm now, when were you going to call me?" We are looking for a new Insurance Agency because we also had a problem with their Customer service, they Lag and they act like they don't really care about You! Very ** Service here. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND DWIGHT HENDERSON INSURANCE AGENCY! I HAD TO CALL THEM AND GET THE HELP I NEEDED! SCREW THAT **!

Compare Auto Insurance