Nationwide Insurance - Auto
  • 1 star
Based on 103 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Nationwide Insurance - Auto

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

790 Nationwide Insurance - Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have two cars and a house insured by Nationwide for the last 3-4 years, with no tickets, no accident, and no claims. I paid my premium in full every year. I was paying around $1,313.00/year for both cars. This year it was raised to 1616.00, about $300 increase. I was told by the agent because they had a lot of claims. So, being a good client with no issues at all, instead of getting some break or reward I get punished. That's what I don't understand the logic and justification behind it. I have done some researching and finally I will be starting with another insurance company that it is about $400 cheaper with the same coverage. My advice to you, get quotes from several companies, read their reviews, ask your friends about their insurance. Your time will pay off.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

They have the worst service I've ever experienced. We were stranded for three hours. Three companies would not answer the phone and we were told that they didn't want to do the tow and one company called me a slang name and said, "Find someone else"??? Nationwide apologizes but doesn't perform. It's just sugar on a rotten apple.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

As a senior who hardly drives, cost to maintain auto is outrageous as are insurance companies of all kind in distributing costs for auto, home, health etc. Current homeowner claim will not pay and Nationwide claims is indirectly processed. Claims adjuster slow and even slower when claim is processed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

On October 15th 2017 I was hit by a driver with road rage that has Nationwide insurance wiping out the entire right side of my 3 month old car. I was attacked by the driver after he stopped but fought him off, have a witness that backs my statement and the driver was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and careless and reckless driving. Open and shut case right? Not if you are dealing with Nationwide. After finally getting the police report I submitted it to Nationwide claims rep Lawrence ** via his Nationwide e-mail address and the claims form they have. I also texted him to let him know that the police report had been delivered.

Fast forward to today and my wife talks to him, he claims we never submitted the police report and that the police report does not assign fault for the accident. When asked about the charges, he claims that the charges had nothing to do with the wreck itself. How does careless and reckless driving charges have nothing to do with the wreck? I have now been without my car for work for 7 weeks and have been driving my old SUV 120 miles round trip for work. My wife suffered a severe concussion in the accident and Nationwide has been 0 help. We are now signing with an attorney and plan on filing an official complaint with both the Insurance commissioner of our state and the BBB. I feel like I have been victimized twice.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

New ownership at Agency. Met will all clients to update coverages and take advantage of all available discounts. I had self-inflicted damage, but no other party involved, and Nationwide had prompt resolution. Minimal usage over the past 40 years. Had several agents and claims during that time and never a problem. Every time I look into changing for less cost, I find present policies cost the least.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We had a car accident (not our fault). When we called about the accident, our representative was very attentive & all bills were paid for up to our PIP allowance. Our rep would periodically call & check on us. We dealt with one rep for the PIP (the other ins carrier has already changed reps 3-4 times). We did have another rep for the vehicle repair/replacement - which was also just one person. We were satisfied with Nationwide. The customer service is always very good. As for value - they're all too expensive. I know we can shop around & keep changing insurance companies to get a better price. [They all seem to offer lower pricing to get your business; but then very quickly increase the rates after the first 6mos/year, and end up not being any cheaper than the others.] We'll stick to Nationwide for customer service, availability & price competitiveness.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have been with Nationwide for 30 years. I have made 3 or 4 auto claims. They have provided excellent response and never raised my premiums. They are quick to respond, no claims denied & they stay on top of the situation.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My car insurance has gone up 4 times in the last two years. I haven't had any accidents or tickets in over twenty years! After finally getting through their automated system several times, all I hear is that they are general increases! I am starting to feel like I am paying Peyton Manning and Brad Paisley!!! I will look for a company without high priced representations.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever encountered. My vehicle was totaled by their customer and they treated me like it was my fault and I wasn't a human being. They did nothing to try to help us. They left me and my six kids without any transportation, they didn't try to handle things in a professional Manner caring about the customer. Their total loss adjuster Paige ** was very rude saying it's not their problem. Me and my babies are left without transportation. I will be taking this to the media and the press. Nationwide is not on your side. They are ruthless, thoughtless ppl that only care about themselves. They need to remove their slogan about being on your side. This company doesn't care for the people. Didn't try to make sure me and my family wasn't without a vehicle. Every news and press will hear about this discrimination lawsuit as well as unfair practice.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am very upset with my recent experience with Nationwide Insurance, my Former Insurance carrier, for over 11 years. I think that people should know just how this carrier treats their customers. Anyone think that Nationwide is on your side. This is laughable you can bet Dale Jr. is not greeting their customer and he definitely is not passing out brownies. People should beware of how this company is now practicing in their business. This company like left me out to dry and didn’t care about my situation.

On 12/13/2017 I had added another car to my policy. My payments were about $196.00 a month. That was fine. I had no problem with this payment. I had my payments on auto pay for the last 11 plus years. January 23, 2017, I went online to add another car to my policy and removed the one I added on 12/13/2017. However, with all the technology we have in today’s time, you would think that a company this large would have people there that would do their job and do it right.

On February 17, 2017, I need a copy of my policy card. I went online and notice that my car that had been on my policy for few years was not on the policy. I then called my agent Leorlin ** about what happen to my car that should have been on my policy. I was told that a few months ago I had removed my vehicle. I explained I added a vehicle and then in January removed that vehicle and added another one.

I asked now what happen to the other vehicle that had been on my policy. The agent then added my car back to my policy, which my payment went to $232.70. I was going back and forth with the agent about what they had done at Nationwide. Someone made these changes to this account. I told him I never removed the car that was on my account. Only the one that was added in December 2016.

I told him why I would remove a vehicle that I was still driving. I told him you mean to tell me that all this time I was driving and I was not protected that’s just ridiculous. Then after all that was my Nationwide on my side. I don’t think so. On February 4, 2017, after adding my car back to the policy I was then charged 850.40. What the heck, where did they get off triple charging me for something they did.

I never received a notice about this vehicle being removed from my policy. Any other changes I did, I received an email for removal and other changes. The only time I received changes about this vehicle was when the agent told me that I had removed this vehicle and I was right. I was not fairly being cared for as a long time customer.

I left this company who wanted to overcharge me a ridiculous cost for them removing a vehicle that should not have ever been removed. After this, no one from this company bothered to call me to explain these charges that jumped from 232.70 to over 800.00 dollars. Nationwide didn’t even bother to send me a letter about this matter. I’ve never had time to dispute these charges other than with the agent that did not care. The next time I knew anything about Nationwide after I had switched to another carrier was October 18, 2017, from my credit report.

I always thought you are given an opportunity to reply to something you don’t agree with. I was never given that chance. Nationwide does not help their customers even long-term customers especially if they are in the wrong. I would be wary of this company. You might get charged for something you didn’t do and then if you decide to take your business to a company that will respect you; you might pay for it with your credit.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

An angel that helped me resolve an injury claim settlement, that is how I would describe Amanda. She is one outstanding lady that went above and beyond the call of duty. Nationwide owes Amanda and a raise should be forthcoming!! Without question, I would highly recommend Nationwide for all your insurance needs. My hat is off to Amanda **!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Nationwide Car Insurance *NFL - Will be not watching NFL or supporting sponsors with advertising NFL games. Players have a right to protest on their own time and spend their own money. But we can also have the right NOT to purchase products that are advertised on your networks in protest to not standing to salute to American flag. When players stand in protest to the fans that are paying their salaries. Think about our vets for a moment. How about you take a knee in front of your bosses tomorrow or wave signs in their faces saying you’re not going to do what they are asking you to do, see how long you will be employed? Being politically correct is not always the right thing to do.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

They give you a quote then raise it every month. I cancelled my policy and they still had the guts to send me to collections for another month's coverage I never had. These guys are thieves. I've had other insurance and Nationwide is a crock. Total rip-offs. Dont believe the quote cause they will raise it every month.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I read few reviews and I have similar and worst experience with Nationwide especially regards to claim and increase rate after you file claim and using excuse saying in my location general rate increase. They want charge me $1300 a year full coverage for 2002 car which is ridiculous. Not even that each time you call each employee will give you different rate and they all stick to each other and lie non stop and ignore your concern and complain and prove you they are right after thousands of email to make to frustrate and you accept their lies as they are true. Strange! Top to bottom, all employees from CEO to Vice President without reading your email and concern they agree to their employees and I do have a doubt someone who says he is Vice President, is really a president.

I had car accident front end in May and their adjuster came to my home saying it's $1149 front end damage and should accept as taxi driver insurance will not accept their fault and made me accept saying he will add more funds if I get new estimate any time and it is more to fix. I was diagnosed cancer and was in trip each week two hrs out of town and new in new city plus no one to support or caregiver. Do no time to fix my car. In July end I had second minor accident while I was parking in hospital parking lot. And other driver refused to call police being busy. I called my insurance with accident pic which is not more than $600 st rear end.

Adjuster told me to take my car their collision place and so I did. Same adjuster who don't have his office he went to collision lot and didn't allow them to write their estimate due to two reason. One was I did not fix my car after first accident and second was shop have to charge them to write estimate. So he decided to hurt me saying car is in total loss and can't drive. Fact is I can drive my car very good without any problem. And later I fixed my car paying more adding new brakes and new bumper after body fixed.

But non stop emails including upper level management never ended since July and initially said they will send $1150 check including deductible giving me condition to send my title after signing and surrendering them. I send copy of title via email. J received email of his another employee saying he send me $650 check and will get salvage title in mail. I disagree as they supposed to send $1150 and they all ganged up and gave bunch of excuse saying he mean this and that and have to check and wait till they win that case to get $500 back to me.

That means they have me $650 for total car loss for 2002 Honda Civic. But they are saying first accident damage was not repaired timely before second accident so they have to add first and second accident payment with total loss damage as if $1769 for two accident equals total loss rate while that car value is $3000. Their new excuse paint of car faded and hood is not good.

They changed my coverage with $5 extra then $1 extra and when I changed to liability that change never been affected till I had thousands of emails and calls while they removed my funds automatically for full coverage from my bank when automatic fund removal was dismissed month ago. They have me so much stress and forcing me to handover salvage title when my car is not salvage and drivable and fixed. If anyone wants to file lawsuit against this insurance I can join you all. I am also canceling this policy next month.

Most important when I got new quote first time, they charge me $20 extra for ticket which will fall in 7 days and will reduce to $20 less. I called many times but my call was never answered and when I reported this to Dane management team they gave new excuse saying rate was not quoted due to ticket and it was right quote. If anyone love to learn how to lie, join this Nationwide team and make billions of dollars. They all should get locked up in jail.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I would like to express my disgust with my most recent experience with Nationwide Insurance, my FORMER insurance carrier, for over 15 years. My purpose here is to inform any customer who may be considering contacting them for new insurance, or to even communicate with any current issues. One question: Did someone here get Dale Jr's cellphone? I only ask because I don't see him representing this company with the song "Nationwide is on your side" anymore. Now, I see the guy from Wild Animal Kingdom (or something like that) and let me tell you, the experience I went through on 10/12/2017 left me feeling like I was stuck in a jungle, full of wild animals, naked and afraid!

Having recently become unemployed, my employer went bankrupt, and closed, I needed to investigate a lower cost for my Auto Coverage. I got a quote online, that was AMAZING! The quote offered me a monthly savings of well over $80 a month, with better coverage! So I accepted and started the process to obtain this amazing deal. As I went through the online chat, and registration process, my amazing quote went up by over $25 per month? How can that be I chatted? There is a "claim" on your record, of $200, over the "threshold" from 9/2016.

Okay, in Sept 2016, I got hit by a City Bus. Police report filed, investigating officer clearly indicated Bus Driver at fault. As a responsible person, I called Nationwide to simply report the incident in case any problems came up later. My first words were "I am not filing a claim. The city will be covering all of my damages." Two days later, I'm at work, and a guy walks into my place of business. He says “I'm with Nationwide. I have inspected your damages, and here's a check to settle your claim." and lays it on the counter.

WHAT! I said, “I did not file a claim!” Well, he says, “It shows a claim on my end, and this check takes care of it.” and he left. It was an ugly situation, too much to re-live here. Fast forward to the present. I call Nationwide. Remember, they are on "my side"...lol. A representative answers the phone. I didn't bother with her name as, I had no intention of speaking to her. She verified all my information (they know who you are the moment you call via your phone number). “The recording says we show the first three letters of your last name…” blah blah blah. I said, “I have a problem to involved and detailed to have to go over with more than one person, please transfer me to your supervisor.”

Her reply, "I'm sorry Mr ______, we do not allow call transfers to a supervisor." "WHAT! You are one of the largest insurer's in this nation. I've been your customer for well over 15 years, and you're telling me I can't speak to a supervisor? That's absurd!" Her reply, "I didn't say you couldn't speak to a supervisor, I will send a message, and someone will call you back within 24 to 48 hours.”

My blood pressure is at about 200/150 now. I said, okay, send the message, I'm going to hang up and call my state insurance commissioner in the meantime, so I would suggest my return call takes place within the shortest time humanly possible. To my shock, right after speaking to the commissioner's office, my phone rings and it's Nationwide! Fantastic I thought, someone there gets it! It was another representative, happy to tell me that they have the name and number for the person I can speak with! I am elated! "You need to speak with Brenda **," and they gave me her number! I said THANK YOU! Ended the call, and immediately called Brenda... I can't put quotes on this one cause I can't remember exactly what I heard but... “Hi, you have reached Brenda **, I am currently out of the office until Monday, October 16th, please leave your name and number...” blah, blah, blah. Okay... blood pressure probably 260/200 now!

Low down, sneaky. Think you’re fooling me. Really ticks me off. I wonder how long it took them to find someone who would be inconveniently "unavailable"? I finally got my issue resolved, with the help of the only two people who seemed to be real human beings, but only after threatening again regarding my conversation with the state insurance commissioner. I have one question for anyone reading this. Is this the kind of company you want to do business with?

Enough said!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had Nationwide about 3 or so years ago before switching to another company and decided to go back. Well when I signed up for GEICO I did not know I had a balance as I thought I had completed the switch prior to my new policy would start with Nationwide. This left me with an $85 dollar balance. When I decided to come back I was able to start my new policy. No problem making payments and all. Go on site to make a new payment and the account is labeled as cancelled! I call asking what is going on and I was told that it was cancelled because of an owed balance! So basically I have been driving around with no insurance for about a month now. Will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My auto policy was drop simply because I discontinuing the bundle that's when my rates went up and down. I was being billed $138 at the beginning of the policy. After the bundle was dismissed it my rates will go up and down. I was never notified through direct deposit Navy Federal Deposit that $138 religiously... It came up to $56 of unpaid fees because of the policy fluctuating is the real reason they drop my policy left me without insurance on my truck and scrambling for more insurance then had the nerve to offer help... I am paying 4x as much. This is the punishment for dropping the bundle trying to save money on a budget... sorry guys I can't use profanity on this one. Very hurt!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Worst experience ever!!! Went online to file claim for windshield... No return email or phone call... Called 2 weeks later. I was transferred to Safelite to file the claim. Was informed it would be 4 days to bring the car in or 5 days to have mobile install. Wanted to get the work done right away so I opted to have a third party perform the work. Was told that I would have to wait for someone to get back with me... I explained that wouldn't work and I wanted to speak with someone who could help me now. After no less than 6 transfers later Jane called me back with a claim number and reference number. She informed me to give the information to the vendor. Had the windshield ordered and replaced the next day. That's when the fun began. "On your side glass" called myself and the policyholder multiple times. Unbelievable. Work done on Wed. Glass company was told on Mon. that the claim was denied.

I have never and I mean never heard of a glass claim on a windshield being denied. As a matter of fact I don't even have glass coverage with GEICO and they replaced a windshield for me out of goodwill. 26 plus years in the Automotive industry and this is by far the worst experience ever with an insurance company. Spoke with Mikelle at SafeLite Solutions and she informed me that the work was denied because the work was performed before an adjuster could inspect the windshield. Sounds to me that claim was denied because Safelite didn't do the work. Oh and Mikelle's supervisor Lisa only works Mon-Fri 7 am to 3 pm Eastern Standard time. That's 4 am to noon for us here in the West. No one higher than Mikelle available to speak with.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've been a Nationwide Customer for two years and my insurance continues to go up. This most recent time it's gone up $13! I was told by a customer rep that my rate was based on the area that I live in and the number of claims that were issued to other motorists. How is that acceptable? I'm very unhappy, and probably can't switch because all of the quotes I'm receiving from other companies is higher than the $13 increase.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I am actually a Geico customer, but was recently rear-ended by a Nationwide customer and the process of dealing with them has been incredibly frustrating. I first received a call from a Nationwide claims expert last week from a blocked phone number. I don't answer blocked calls, so she left me a message and asked me to call back and leave a message with my claim number and some good contact times. I did this immediately and said I was available for the rest of the day. No callback. She then called me back the next day, and I missed the call. Her exasperated sounding message said "sorry I missed you, I'll try again tomorrow." Tomorrow? Really? So I immediately called back and said "hey I'm here and ready for the rest of the day, so please call me back." No call.

I called back later that day and let me tell you that you shouldn't expect to get a live person on the phone when you call Nationwide. She was of course "away from her desk again." The weekend arrived and so I received no further contact from Nationwide until I got a call from a number that wasn't blocked, but I was at work. Apparently my claim had been reassigned to a new rep. I again tried to call back but got no answer so I left a message. This morning I called and got the usual answering machine. We'll see if I get the randomly timed single call back today, but I assume if I miss it and even call back within minutes of when they called, that I'll be talking to an answering machine. Unbelievably frustrating. I get the sense they don't want to help. So glad I'm with Geico.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I've been with Nationwide a little over 2 years. I've never filed a claim and have not had any accidents or traffic violations but every six months my payments get bigger. In the last year the payment has increased $600 a year.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Really disappointed in this company. Received a solicitation in the mail explaining how we could get a discount on our auto insurance since my husband is a USA Football member. So against my better judgment I started a quote and followed through with an agent in my area which took up half my day only to find out outright before I thought I was going to switch from Geico to them... They wouldn't accept me because I carry an SR22. Now the SR22 is not the problem necessarily; it's the fact that their automated system ASKS SPECIFICALLY "Do you carry and SR22" in the first 5 minutes of your quote. Perhaps they should have notified me at that moment... that their company flat out refuses to accept them; so I didn't waste anymore time with them? Ridiculous and false advertisement at its best.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Nationwide is a very helpful insurance company. Their prices are a little high compared to some other quality companies. Having teenage drivers makes the insurance expensive.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

This past March, a woman backed into my car and damaged the passenger side. Nationwide is her insurance company. The police report and all evidence made it obvious that she was at fault. A Nationwide agent even contacted me and agreed that it was their client's fault, but she was being so belligerent and refusing to accept blame that the agent told me they had to side with their client. They had the nerve to ask me if I would be willing to accept half fault, which I straight up refused! My company submitted multiple requests to Nationwide for payment of my $1,000 deductible, but they never responded.

It has been 5 months now and the case has been sent to an outside litigation unit. Meanwhile, I traded my car and took a major loss due to the damage done. I am so angry! How is this legal? If your client is at fault, your company should pay for the damages. I personally will NEVER use Nationwide after seeing how unethical they are. I wish I could take legal action against them for the hell they have put me through.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My experience was after I was hit by someone that has coverage with Nationwide insurance that took place in February of 2017 and now is October 2017, and I'm still waiting for Nationwide to do the right thing here. But so far I have talk to different Nationwide people and still cannot get any good answer. I keep hearing stuff like "That don't need to be repair and also we will tell you what parts to use but it doesn't have to quality." They keep telling me they are going to decide what to put on it and I just don't think that is right. If the truck had original parts and the parts are available I should be getting the right parts and so they disagree with me. So I like people to know that is the paid coverage and Nationwide decided to cut corners. The people is taking a risk of getting sue or if not been involved in a headache.

Original review: July 31, 2017

In March my policy renewed. I have my checking account set up with BillPay and a check is automatically sent to Nationwide to pay premium every month. When my policy renewed again in March, the premium went up and I missed correcting the new amount a few months. I received several emails that they had received my payments. I upped my payments to send the correct amount but apparently I still had underpaid. I received 1 letter that I had underpaid by $43.08 and remembered I had upped my payments and thought they just had not received it yet... Instead they canceled my auto ins and NEVER notified me!

I was driving around without insurance for a month!!! When I called to get re-instated, they informed me basically, we no longer want you as a customer, here, call this number which was one of their low class secondary insurance co... The person on the phone taking my info did not know how to spell. I hung up and called a local insurance agent and was taken care of immediately. I have my home and RV insurance with Nationwide and had insured with them for over 25 years. NONE OF THAT MATTERED!

Original review: July 20, 2017

It’s July 19. I have been driving with no insurance since April of 2017 you ** idiots. I’m glad you won’t renew my policy. I want nothing to do with you incompetent pieces of ** and I have over 400 people on my social media and I’ll be spreading the word like ** jesus! You have my email, current phone number and mail box address and I have received no notice from any that you cancelled my policy. I hope the ** you morons go down like ENRON where you belong, maggots!!!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I've never spent less than 40 minutes on the phone with customer service & my issue has never been resolved. Every month is a different price & their response is always "we've added Texas fees". I started the SmartRide program & was told it only had to be on for three months. After completing the three months, I sent it in. I hadn't heard anything in a couple of weeks, so I decided to call. They told me the previous representative told me the wrong amount of time & that I'd have to start the program all over again. It was extremely frustrating because it was going to be that much longer that I'd receive a discount because of their wrongdoing. Now that I have completed the 6 months for it, they said I'd have to wait another 6 months to receive my discount. I was never once told this information.

I recently called & was quoted a certain price to pay for that month. I called back the next day & they said they didn't know where the previous rep got that number from. After going through the he said she said, I asked them to listen to the call. They called me back hours later to inform me that they did in fact hear him tell me that specific number, but they weren't going to honor it. I don't understand why I'd have to pay for one of their mistakes. I was on the phone with them a total of about two hours both days. This company is full of a bunch of "he said she said" representatives. None of these employees have enough knowledge of any of their policies. They definitely need better training. I will absolutely be leaving this company.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was rear-ended by a Nationwide driver. Nationwide called me and admitted he was at fault. I have had nothing but trouble with the adjuster since the bills started coming in. The adjuster emailed me saying that she will get back to me every 30 days about my claim. In the meantime I get phone calls from the hospital saying nationwide called them needing more information. I have tried to call and email my adjuster. No word from her. Every time she does call she just tells me that she has over 100 cases and can't keep up. I have asked for her supervisor a couple of times and no call back from her.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We will be cancelling all insurance thru Nationwide Insurance - Auto and Allied. We had wind damage to our camper when towing it. We hit a big wind storm on our way to the campground and the rubber roof was hanging over the edge when we got there. We filed a claim as soon as we got home, it took 2 weeks for our adjuster to deny the claim! According to her, in order for the camper to be covered we should have had it inspected every 6 months by a dealer and it should have been recaulked every 2 years.

Our camper has been in a climate controlled building ever since it was new unless we were using it, which is about 14 days a year! There was absolutely no water damage under the rubber roof and our camper repair person said that it was definitely caused by the wind! The adjuster would not even listen to the repair man that has 30 years experience. She was very disrespectful and rude! We are very unhappy and want to warn other people that Nationwide is NOT on your side!

Nationwide Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, Nationwide Insurance is one of America's most popular car insurance companies. The company offers a full range of insurance options -- from farm insurance to motorcycle insurance.

• Written guarantee: Nationwide operates with a written guarantee for all repairs, so car owners after an accident know how much they will be paying and for what.

• AutoWatch: The company has a program called AutoWatch, where customers can log in and see the progress of damaged car repairs and actually watch it being worked on while it is in the shop.

• Vanishing deductible: Nationwide also offers a Vanishing Deductible program, which reduces the amount of the deductible over time if a driver keeps a good driving record.

• Free quotes: The company offers car owners free, no-obligation quotes, so they can wait to make a commitment when deciding whether to use the company's services.

• Multipolicy discount: If customers have multiple policies with Nationwide, they will receive a discount on their auto insurance policy.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers who also own homes.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky