Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Nationwide Insurance - Auto
1.98/5

Nationwide Insurance - Auto

Nationwide Insurance provides home and auto insurance for clients across the country. Nationwide is not an InsuraMatch verified carrier. Contact InsuraMatch to receive multiple quotes from insurance companies to find the right carrier for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Nationwide Insurance - Auto Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

My car 2009 Toyota Corolla had hail damage. They made my car as total loss, only pay me $66. That's all. Isn't ridiculous??!! Stay away from Nationwide, I switch to Geico and saved $121 per month I paid extra for 9 years.

Original review: May 30, 2019

After settling on an amount regarding the total loss of my vehicle I was instructed to mail via priority mail my signed titled to Nationwide in a pre-addressed envelope. I did so and they lost the title and are now holding part of my agreed settlement back until they either find the title or have me make copies of my license and sign power of attorneys to them so they can apply for a replacement. I have been hurt in the accident and are not able to get around as much as I did before so their demands are difficult to meet at this time. Throughout this experience I have left several unanswered emails and voicemails to two of the three persons handling my claim. I am dropping Nationwide as soon as I am recovered from the accident. They are definitely not on my side.

Original review: May 26, 2019

HIGHEST AUTO INSURANCE QUOTE EVER. This is an auto insurance quote for a new policyholder, who's just out of college - 21, been driving 3 years, took a driving course, no tickets or infractions, and has great credit. Basic $539.92 per month, $3239.43 per 6 months. Standard $850.34 per month, $5101.94 per 6 months. Premium $979.68 per month, $5877.97 per 6 months.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I chose Nationwide Insurance 2/2019 for my new vehicle I purchased in 2/2019. Nationwide requested that I send additional information i.e Bill of Sale. I submitted it without a problem. At the time, I asked if I could change my payment due date. The rep told me I could. I changed it from 4/7 to 4/22. Unfortunately an autodraft hit my account on 4/7 anyway. Now we're in 5/2019 and I had not received any billing info regarding payment due. I called only to find out the cancelled my policy due to me being an additional driver on my husband's policy and I guess at some point his insurance lapsed.

So Nationwide cancelled my policy and did not alert me. I have been driving around with no insurance for over a month and did not know it. I called and was told they would not insure me because my spouse's policy lapsed in the past at some point. I was only an additional driver. So now I am hunting around for new insurance before I leave work because I would hate to get stopped by the police.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Nationwide Roadside Assistance sent Diesel DOC LLC to tow my son's Jeep. First off they said it would be within 90 minutes and they arrived 30 minutes late. When they left I noticed oil had leaked all over my driveway from the tow truck. One big spot from while he was parked and then about 5 other smaller spots from when he pulled in and pulled out. I called Moore Miles Auto Repair about 30-40 minutes after the tow truck left to make sure he made it there and the receptionist said no. I called Diesel DOC and the receptionist got the driver on the phone and he said he dropped it off at Moore Miles. The Receptionist was the rudest person I have ever dealt with. I called Moore Miles back and they said he dropped my Jeep off next door. I called Diesel DOC back to let them know what had happened and that their truck leaked oil in my driveway.

The receptionist hung up on me 4 times and threatened to put the owner of Diesel DOC on the phone, so I said please do. I told him what had happened and he told me in these exact words: “I’m not cleaning up your driveway! You can call the insurance company or get your ** out there and clean it up yourself! You can Suck My ** before I do it!” Then he hung up on me.

This is grossly unacceptable and no customer of Nationwide should have to go through what I went through today. I’m asking Nationwide to look at their reviews of Diesel DOC on Better Business Bureau and Google so you can see for yourself just how horrible this company is towards their customers. I then ask Nationwide to stop using Diesel DOC LLC as a result of how they treat their customers. To be honest, I don’t want to be a part of any Company that supports such poor customer service and unacceptable behavior. I have filed a complaint towards Diesel DOC with Nationwide. Nationwide told me someone would call me back within two days regarding the oil in my driveway. (Tried to upload pictures and/or video but system kept error if out.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have been insured with Nationwide about three years then they started pulling the typical insurance bologna raising rates beyond what they should be, example I purchased a used car and called in to remove insurance from previously insured car that was sold. They never took the insurance off the car. I called 4 times over a 2 month period they said. They finally said they would reimburse me 60.00 and didn't do it. I had to call a 4 time and they wanted a bill of sale. I sold the car to a mechanic. I had to hunt him down and get a copy of the bill of sale and email to them. What a joke. I have never had to do something like this.

Bill was 90.00 per month. It went to 165.00. They took the money from me for 2 months. Don't use this company, I have a good driving record and a high credit score. I feel bad for a younger driver who may have had a fender bender. They must charge them a lot, Stay away. You have been warned. The customer service people lie and don't help. Remember Nationwide do a bad job. NO Customers.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I was in a hit and run accident. Some witnesses wrote down the license plate and I filed a police report. Initially, Nationwide said that the car was insured by another insurance agency. The other insurance agency called me to let me know that the previous owners had sold the car a few months before my accident. The police reached out to the new owner and the new owner did not show up to the police station.

During the claims process, I had to follow-up on almost every part of the process from initiating my claim, to letting Nationwide know that the other car was not insured, to updating my rental car reservation. I have been insured by Nationwide for over 10 years and have noticed a huge decrease in customer service from a claim over 10 years ago and this claim.

Original review: April 23, 2019

For an accident that was concluded 100% the other driver's fault, I was denied further medical care due to a false IME with many inaccuracies when I still needed it. From start to finish poor handling.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Have had 1 dealing with agent and I think could not have been handled any better. Had several contacts with the agent and felt comfortable while on the phone. The problem was handled in my opinion in a timely basis and had been informed all thru the process.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Never got my Uber money back the 2 weeks I didn’t have a rental. They gave me money for my deemed totaled truck (a whole month later). Which had one door crushed, broken mirror, and pierced tire all on the passenger side. After the truck money was received, she said she would put my Uber money back in my account. It’s been another month and a half. And she won’t respond. It doesn’t matter how much money it is, I've got my lawyer working on this. The Uber money should’ve been put back before I even got the truck money. Nationwide is not on anyone’s side but their own.

Nationwide Insurance - Auto Company Information