Fast Free Quotes

MetLife Auto

MetLife Auto
Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5

MetLife provides home, auto and health insurance to clients in the United States. MetLife is verified by InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. To see quotes from MetLife and others, contact InsuraMatch today.

MetLife Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Solid financial strength
  • Discounts on defensive driving, superior driving, good student, mature driver, controlled mileage and car safety features
  • 150 years in the insurance industry
  • Excellent rates on group discounts
  • Features mobile apps, such as MyDirect, MetLife CARE program, My Journey app and MetLife US app
  • Savings on deductibles
  • Gap coverage, custom sound system replacement, no deductible on glass repairs, legal defense costs and identity protection services

CONS

• Occasional mobile apps issues
  • Relatively higher prices than competitors

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

MetLife Auto Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My agent is an independent agent. I have had other insurance carriers in the 20 years I have used this agent. He constantly looks for the best deals for me. At this time MetLife is the best coverage for the premium, plus I get a lower rate on the renter's insurance that is on the same policy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Excellent customer service. I have full coverage on two vehicles, the towing is outstanding. I had to pay out of pocket one time. Over 50 miles. They will tow anywhere. My only regret is not having car rental coverage and affordable extended warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I Love the customer service from my local agent, quick to answer and happy with my payment and coverage. Love that is is local and can talk to someone in my town not states away. When my rate went up my agent made sure that all my discounts were still on my account and got my rate reduced.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The company is there to help whenever I need them - whether is a billing question, a coverage question or my needs when some other driver totals my vehicle.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I made the mistake of changing from MetLife auto insurance to Progressive; big mistake! MetLife is on their game; Progressive is a rip off. I putting this in so no one else make the same mistake I did. I actually thought MetLife was only California insurance, so I changed before talking to MetLife. MetLife is the most helpful insurance company. When you have questions or need another copy of your insurance card they will email it so you can just print it out. They even helped me out when someone was claiming I hit their car at my apartment building; MetLife adjuster came out and proved that I did not hit their car. They really do back up their clients. I am changing back to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

Original review: April 3, 2020

This is by far the worst auto insurance company I've dealt with yet. I sign 6-month contracts at a time, and originally signed because they were the cheapest. However, over the past 2 years my contract repeatedly increased with no reason (no accidents, tickets, anything) without any emails or notifications of these increases, sometimes they charge me every 2 months instead of every 6, and now despite the layoffs/furloughs and quarantines, they have refused to extend their payment deadlines or put a hold on my account. Absolutely would not recommend.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I had the worst experience with the auto insurance portion. The customer service was the worst and they were extremely rude and did not care at all what I was going through. I did not get a call back from anyone. I contacted them over 4 times to get the status and after two weeks to finally get the outcome.

Original review: March 6, 2020

This company is not only very expensive but won't take no for an answer. When I called to cancel this insurance the girl on the other end would only talk about payment plans. So I paid through the end of the policy and almost 6 months later got a collection letter for continuing the policy. When I called the collection company to tell them this policy had ended they were telling me that I was getting billed because of early cancellation. For some reason the collection company required me to send them proof of another insurance company having another policy. To me that's none of their because my policy with MetLife had already ended. After a few phone calls to the collection agency and to MetLife they still require proof of insurance after my policy had ended. Would never ever recommend doing business with this company. An expired policy is an expired policy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Started a new policy with Met. They never sent over the binder to my credit union for my suv. I tried 4 times to talk to someone that could send the binder never got sent. I switched companies to another insurance and they keep billing me. Also there is a cancellation fee hidden in the contract beware!!!! Stay far away from Met!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I was hit by a person covered under MetLife Auto Insurance so, I filed through his insurance without any success since MetLife is giving me misleading information paired with being rude. They never contacted me even though I keep trying to get information about my claim.

Take a Quiz