Fast Free Quotes

MetLife Auto
1.79/5

MetLife Auto

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

MetLife provides home, auto and health insurance to clients in the United States. MetLife is verified by InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. To see quotes from MetLife and others, contact InsuraMatch today.

MetLife Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Solid financial strength
  • Discounts on defensive driving, superior driving, good student, mature driver, controlled mileage and car safety features
  • 150 years in the insurance industry
  • Excellent rates on group discounts
  • Features mobile apps, such as MyDirect, MetLife CARE program, My Journey app and MetLife US app
  • Savings on deductibles
  • Gap coverage, custom sound system replacement, no deductible on glass repairs, legal defense costs and identity protection services

CONS

• Occasional mobile apps issues
  • Relatively higher prices than competitors

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

366 MetLife Auto Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My agent is an independent agent. I have had other insurance carriers in the 20 years I have used this agent. He constantly looks for the best deals for me. At this time MetLife is the best coverage for the premium, plus I get a lower rate on the renter's insurance that is on the same policy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I Love the customer service from my local agent, quick to answer and happy with my payment and coverage. Love that is is local and can talk to someone in my town not states away. When my rate went up my agent made sure that all my discounts were still on my account and got my rate reduced.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I made the mistake of changing from MetLife auto insurance to Progressive; big mistake! MetLife is on their game; Progressive is a rip off. I putting this in so no one else make the same mistake I did. I actually thought MetLife was only California insurance, so I changed before talking to MetLife. MetLife is the most helpful insurance company. When you have questions or need another copy of your insurance card they will email it so you can just print it out. They even helped me out when someone was claiming I hit their car at my apartment building; MetLife adjuster came out and proved that I did not hit their car. They really do back up their clients. I am changing back to them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Metlife Insurance has been great for me and my family so far. While I haven't had to file any claims yet, I have only received positive customer service from adding or removing a vehicle from my policy. Plus, they offer a wide variety of discounts to keep your premiums extremely affordable and their level of coverage is on par with any other auto insurer out there. Although I have had Metlife for several years, my premiums have barely increased. I have been very pleased with Metlife so far as well as my local insurance agent, and I will continue to use them in the future.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I am pretty happy with MetLife as my auto insurance company. My only complaints are the premiums are too high, we have never had any moving violations, any accidents, any claims on the policy, and yet the policy price goes down pennies every year. We've been with them almost 10 years! My other complaint is that their website is often down, very frustrating when I am trying to pay my premium!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I signed up with MetLife through my employer, since signing up I have been giving the runaround. Initially, payments would be deducted bi-weekly through my employer but instead, they were taken out monthly. When I called to get this adjusted no one could help and no one had an answer as to why it was monthly or why it couldn't be adjusted. I ended up canceling my policy with last payment taken out in AUGUST. However, September paycheck another deduction has been made. Once again I've made several attempts to get this error fixed, every time I call I'm told to do something different in order to get a refund. MetLife won't take responsibility on a mistake made by them and I have to jump through hoops just to get someone to help. Never recommending MetLife to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Excellent customer service. I have full coverage on two vehicles, the towing is outstanding. I had to pay out of pocket one time. Over 50 miles. They will tow anywhere. My only regret is not having car rental coverage and affordable extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The company is there to help whenever I need them - whether is a billing question, a coverage question or my needs when some other driver totals my vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My insurance was $107 for a while. Fine. Take the money out of my damn account. I need car insurance. It’s illegal to drive without it. I would log in to pay it monthly because auto pay couldn’t be set up. Huge inconvenience but fine. Well recently they raised the premium after I had already submitted my payment a day before payment was due. They raised it by $16 and since I had already paid and I wasn’t aware of the premium change I kept on living life unaware my account wasn’t current. I log in today to do my monthly payment and find my policy cancelled. I have it out with the person at customer service on the phone.

If you don’t wanna take my damn money and are incapable of even doing autopay?? Because the money will always be in my account. $107 is nothing to me. Gotta have insurance. Then I will take my business elsewhere and that’s what I did. Got a geico policy and guess what? They have auto pay. Only way to pay your bill in fact which is how it should be. Unless I cancel, I CANCEL, my policy, I want the damn money coming out monthly. Stupid stupid stupid company. Stay away from MetLife.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I cancelled my policy because I found a better rate, and after a few months of not deducting my payment, they actually deducted the payment. Then their customer service representative said I owed the money that was deducted, plus an additional $3.96 to make my account current. They raised my rate even though I had never missed a payment, and not had an accident. I am so glad I found another policy, since this nonsense would have been sure to continue.

MetLife Auto Company Information