Fast Free Quotes

MetLife Auto
1.78/5

MetLife Auto

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

MetLife provides home, auto and health insurance to clients in the United States. MetLife is verified by InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. To see quotes from MetLife and others, contact InsuraMatch today.

MetLife Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Solid financial strength
  • Discounts on defensive driving, superior driving, good student, mature driver, controlled mileage and car safety features
  • 150 years in the insurance industry
  • Excellent rates on group discounts
  • Features mobile apps, such as MyDirect, MetLife CARE program, My Journey app and MetLife US app
  • Savings on deductibles
  • Gap coverage, custom sound system replacement, no deductible on glass repairs, legal defense costs and identity protection services

CONS

• Occasional mobile apps issues
  • Relatively higher prices than competitors

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

MetLife Auto Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My agent is an independent agent. I have had other insurance carriers in the 20 years I have used this agent. He constantly looks for the best deals for me. At this time MetLife is the best coverage for the premium, plus I get a lower rate on the renter's insurance that is on the same policy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Excellent customer service. I have full coverage on two vehicles, the towing is outstanding. I had to pay out of pocket one time. Over 50 miles. They will tow anywhere. My only regret is not having car rental coverage and affordable extended warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I Love the customer service from my local agent, quick to answer and happy with my payment and coverage. Love that is is local and can talk to someone in my town not states away. When my rate went up my agent made sure that all my discounts were still on my account and got my rate reduced.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The company is there to help whenever I need them - whether is a billing question, a coverage question or my needs when some other driver totals my vehicle.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I made the mistake of changing from MetLife auto insurance to Progressive; big mistake! MetLife is on their game; Progressive is a rip off. I putting this in so no one else make the same mistake I did. I actually thought MetLife was only California insurance, so I changed before talking to MetLife. MetLife is the most helpful insurance company. When you have questions or need another copy of your insurance card they will email it so you can just print it out. They even helped me out when someone was claiming I hit their car at my apartment building; MetLife adjuster came out and proved that I did not hit their car. They really do back up their clients. I am changing back to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Stupid computer glitches, very inefficient in updating changes on the policy. For 1.5 years can't delete a car and change our address, they keep charging me. Thinking to go to court with them, spent so many hours trying to fix it! They do pay for accidents well, BUT, then they raise their prices immediately after, for ALL cars, drivers AND also home properties, if you happen to insure homes with them, too. Also, for home claims, they raise prices on all other homes and on all car policies. Basically, you end up paying for all repairs out of your pocket that way, plus paying for having the insurance. Insurances are Crooks, so are the politicians who allowed them to come to our lives, force on us the mandatory coverage and let them operate with impunity!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

MetLife offers insurance through my employer, so payroll deduction was convenient. Every year, my renters insurance goes up and it’s always some ridiculous reason. 4% “state requirement increase” or something stupid like that, that I’ve never heard up. I’m in GA, but had renters ins in NC for $17 a month. Now?? $140! What kind of mess is this? I got my renewal documents and I’ll be cancelling this policy, once and for all when they open up. I’ve been with them since late 2013 and I had both car and rental ins. When I found a better rate for car ins, my renters ins went through the roof. MetLife is a fraud. Haven’t had any claims since 2013 and the quotes I just received for other companies are $20-$30 a month! Ridiculous!!!! Never again!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

MetLife is an awful company. They notified me by mail 1 week before they cancelled my policy. No phone call to say "you'll no longer be insured". Completely unacceptable. When I called to ask them why they did this, a woman named Kathy laughed at me. Customer service is incredibly rude.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

TERRIBLE company! I was advised through my job at Providence Hospitals to get auto insurance through them. MetLife assured us that they would have a better rate than we were currently getting. They signed us up and got back to us at a much higher rate. So we told them we wanted to cancel the policy (this was all within a two-day period) A week later we got some mail from MetLife about our policy (which we had canceled) so we decided to call and verify it was canceled and they wouldn't be charging us. They said it was and that this mail must've been scheduled to come out before cancelation.. okay...

Well, another week later they automatically withdrew from our paycheck. We called them demanding the refund and they said they see it was canceled and they charged anyways so that we should expect our refund in 5-15 business days. Well, we just got the refund FOR $4!! They charged us close to $300! So we called again and they were like "Oops, it appears your policy wasn't canceled. It is now, and you can expect the rest of your refund in 5-15 business days." WHAT THE **. I don't know how they still have their doors open, and how ConsumerAffairs rated them 3.5/5. They're so terrible. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I signed up with MetLife through my employer, since signing up I have been giving the runaround. Initially, payments would be deducted bi-weekly through my employer but instead, they were taken out monthly. When I called to get this adjusted no one could help and no one had an answer as to why it was monthly or why it couldn't be adjusted. I ended up canceling my policy with last payment taken out in AUGUST. However, September paycheck another deduction has been made. Once again I've made several attempts to get this error fixed, every time I call I'm told to do something different in order to get a refund. MetLife won't take responsibility on a mistake made by them and I have to jump through hoops just to get someone to help. Never recommending MetLife to anyone!

MetLife Auto Company Information