Fast Free Quotes

MetLife Auto

MetLife Auto
Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

MetLife provides home, auto and health insurance to clients in the United States. MetLife is verified by InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. To see quotes from MetLife and others, contact InsuraMatch today.

MetLife Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Solid financial strength
  • Discounts on defensive driving, superior driving, good student, mature driver, controlled mileage and car safety features
  • 150 years in the insurance industry
  • Excellent rates on group discounts
  • Features mobile apps, such as MyDirect, MetLife CARE program, My Journey app and MetLife US app
  • Savings on deductibles
  • Gap coverage, custom sound system replacement, no deductible on glass repairs, legal defense costs and identity protection services

CONS

• Occasional mobile apps issues
  • Relatively higher prices than competitors

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

MetLife Auto Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My agent is an independent agent. I have had other insurance carriers in the 20 years I have used this agent. He constantly looks for the best deals for me. At this time MetLife is the best coverage for the premium, plus I get a lower rate on the renter's insurance that is on the same policy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Excellent customer service. I have full coverage on two vehicles, the towing is outstanding. I had to pay out of pocket one time. Over 50 miles. They will tow anywhere. My only regret is not having car rental coverage and affordable extended warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I Love the customer service from my local agent, quick to answer and happy with my payment and coverage. Love that is is local and can talk to someone in my town not states away. When my rate went up my agent made sure that all my discounts were still on my account and got my rate reduced.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The company is there to help whenever I need them - whether is a billing question, a coverage question or my needs when some other driver totals my vehicle.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I made the mistake of changing from MetLife auto insurance to Progressive; big mistake! MetLife is on their game; Progressive is a rip off. I putting this in so no one else make the same mistake I did. I actually thought MetLife was only California insurance, so I changed before talking to MetLife. MetLife is the most helpful insurance company. When you have questions or need another copy of your insurance card they will email it so you can just print it out. They even helped me out when someone was claiming I hit their car at my apartment building; MetLife adjuster came out and proved that I did not hit their car. They really do back up their clients. I am changing back to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Started a new policy with Met. They never sent over the binder to my credit union for my suv. I tried 4 times to talk to someone that could send the binder never got sent. I switched companies to another insurance and they keep billing me. Also there is a cancellation fee hidden in the contract beware!!!! Stay far away from Met!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I was hit by a person covered under MetLife Auto Insurance so, I filed through his insurance without any success since MetLife is giving me misleading information paired with being rude. They never contacted me even though I keep trying to get information about my claim.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have spent the last two hours just trying to log into my account. At first there were no boxes to put in the Validation Code they sent. Then when that didn't work another screen came up and there were questions but no place to put the answers! I completely shut down my computer and restarted it. Same problem. Finally managed to work my way on using another website and when I did get signed on, it said they could not help with me getting a quote. Not trying to get a quote, trying to update my direct debit. I tried with two other web browsers, chatted live with someone and now I give up. Think I will cancel this policy and find someplace that has a working website. Oh and I also tried to use their app. They are having "technical difficulties" all day! If you dont ever want to get online and see your policy this is the place for you!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Stupid computer glitches, very inefficient in updating changes on the policy. For 1.5 years can't delete a car and change our address, they keep charging me. Thinking to go to court with them, spent so many hours trying to fix it! They do pay for accidents well, BUT, then they raise their prices immediately after, for ALL cars, drivers AND also home properties, if you happen to insure homes with them, too. Also, for home claims, they raise prices on all other homes and on all car policies. Basically, you end up paying for all repairs out of your pocket that way, plus paying for having the insurance. Insurances are Crooks, so are the politicians who allowed them to come to our lives, force on us the mandatory coverage and let them operate with impunity!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

MetLife offers insurance through my employer, so payroll deduction was convenient. Every year, my renters insurance goes up and it’s always some ridiculous reason. 4% “state requirement increase” or something stupid like that, that I’ve never heard up. I’m in GA, but had renters ins in NC for $17 a month. Now?? $140! What kind of mess is this? I got my renewal documents and I’ll be cancelling this policy, once and for all when they open up. I’ve been with them since late 2013 and I had both car and rental ins. When I found a better rate for car ins, my renters ins went through the roof. MetLife is a fraud. Haven’t had any claims since 2013 and the quotes I just received for other companies are $20-$30 a month! Ridiculous!!!! Never again!!

Not sure about MetLife Auto?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

MetLife Auto Company Information