Liberty Mutual - Homeowners

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband I cancelled out insurance with Liberty Mutual over a month ago. A check was supposed to be sent back then for mortgage premium. I called twice inquiring about the check and girl told me yes it was mailed a few days after canceling. Now a month later my husband calls... check was mailed to an address we had 6 months ago in another state! Yes, I'm angry. Last days she needs to reinstate policy to correct the address. Address in the other state was NEVER given to LM and never insured under them. How and why did that use an address that was 6 months old in another address. Then a man calls back this morning and says that I owe for our auto policy, also cancelled a month ago. I explained that refunded me at the time for that policy as well and now that want a payment. Don't insure with Liberty Mutual or watch your billing and policies VERY closely!

House had a kitchen fire in May of 2016. It is now October 18th and Liberty Mutual has run me through 3 investigators and last week they actually sent me to their lawyer to be deposed under oath! They are not accusing me of anything, nor was the fire my fault. They have raised my premium over the course of 6 years from $1,100 to $2,400 and the recent claim has been my only claim. Five months since the fire and Liberty Mutual is not there to help. I am without a house, and apparently I have to start begging friends for help to get my house fixed.

We purchased a Home and auto package from Liberty Mutual about 3 years ago. During these three years, we have never had a claim nor have we had any tickets. We noticed last year on our homeowners it went up, due to inflation. Ok fine. Then this year in June my auto payment that is taken directly from my acct went up. Not just a little, A LOT! So I call them. Our vehicle policy went up $650 a year. Never having a claim or a ticket, I'm furious. Their only explanation to me is it's a State Increase. Even the lady I talked to thought it was a bit extreme. So we find a new insurance company, Nationwide, who ends up getting us a policy for almost &1000 dollars less than what we were paying. That's not the end... we call Liberty Mutual to cancel our policy September 1st. They say we owe them for September for auto and will be receiving a final bill.

They also tell us we will be receiving a check in the mail for a refund for our mortgage insurance. We receive the bill 2 days later. The check on the other hand, still has not gotten to us almost 40 days later and 2 phone calls. First time they mailed it to the wrong address. Hmmm. Second time we call Elizabeth **. Says she will mail us the check, instead she reactivates our policy applying our refund to a policy that we closed, but I'm sure they will want their final payment within 40 days for the auto payment. Ummm can you say circus! Get it together. I will NEVER recommend these clowns! We are notifying our attorney.

I got a letter from my home loan company about my escrow being -2500. My home insurance last year was 2100 and went up to 2400. I called to tell them I wanted them to lower my replacement cost. I bought my house for 136k and their replacement cost was 526k. They wouldn't lower the replacement cost so I called Allstate. In 10 min I lowered my premium to 1400. They are rip off artists. Also we had a hail storm and wanted them to come check out the damage and they said if they come out I will get a hit against my insurance even if no damage.

Never had a claim so I can't comment in that area however, if you're looking for a company to increase your rates annually, Liberty Mutual is the place for you. Been with them 3 years now, every year $200.00 premium increase, and they weren't cheap from the start. Currently looking for another company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

I want to share this disappointed and really uncomfortable situation. By the end of August I got a backflow due a malfunction of my sump pump, during the middle of the night and just myself and two small kids. While I was trying to wash my 1 year old daughter I noticed that no hot water was coming from shower, so I decide to check the water heater. As soon I open the basement door I hear a strong noise coming from basement. Then when I turn the light the entire basement was flooded.

At that moment I google some local plumbing companies around my neighbor. Nobody pick up or it was off regular hours. My last resource was to call a company located in new york. They came within an hour and half. This company evacuate the water with pumps. They brought and repair the backflow from defective sump pump. They work for several hours trying to dry the basement. They, as a professionals, advise me that water heater stop working due flood damaged the burner and ignite system and then they replace the heater.

Next day I start looking for my insurance policy. While reading I found that I was covered and my deductible was 1000 for backflow sum pump, so I decide to call Liberty Mutual. An adjuster contact me to set an appointment. So the day came and he inspect the property damage, took pictures of everything and advise me that an internal adjuster will contact me. Days come and go and nobody contact me even I send pictures, videos, and invoices. The internal Desk Adjuster Jason ** answer me after several calls. This incident happen to me for first time in my life, so I had many questions. During the conversation this person was very irritated and sarcastic about my questions making me feel uncomfortable, So I decide to raise my concern about his behavior.

At this moment he raise his voice and shouting, so I had tell him why he is behaving like this with a customer. Also many time he provide me wrong information. Like for example "Oh your deductible is 2500 and many of the damage things are not covered." So I explain to him that my deductible is 1000 and I just need correct information. He was keeping being rude and sarcastic. Then he said that he will contact me after investigation. Ok, days pass again and no communication was provide to me, so I decide to call again since he was assigned to my case. Again I start asking questions about the claim and again this person start giving me attitude and being disrespectful, so I inquire to speak with his supervisor, and at this moment he just hang off on me.

If I am writing this paragraphs it's to warn customers to be very careful with this company because allow people like this to treat customers as they are doing them a favor - unprofessional and not helpful at all. The essence to get insurance is to have a peace of mind and that you should be in a good hands and not the opposite, even getting afraid to ask them questions when an accident happens to you of your properties.

I didn't write down the male agent name that I spoke with. Everything was pretty straightforward as insurance quotes go. Until he asked if I had an animal on the premises. I advised I have a dog inside, a mutt. He immediately was suspicious of breed. I said that I always say a West Highland mix. I said I saved her from a high kill shelter. He didn't care about that information. He wanted to know what she was mixed with. I said a terrier. He wanted to know what kind of Terrier. I said she is not a Pit Mix. Although my neighbor has a Pit and he is sweet. The agent needed to know what type dog to go forward. I said any company this ridiculous that I had not experienced before is not for me.

After we hung up I saw HOW POOR the RATINGS are for LIBERTY MUTUAL. So glad I didn't make that huge mistake. EVEN more stupid than driving 3/4ths of a car (like their commercial) is getting insurance with them. Please Google: Liberty Mutual Reviews (horrible).

We had two weather events about a month apart and our roof was damaged. When we took the policy with them about three years ago, I advised them that their "replacement cost" for our home was almost double of what it would actually be. The guy I was speaking with replied that the amount would make sure that our home was built back and for no other reason.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago when we had the roof damage. The adjuster shows up and the first thing he does is hands me a paper that said our deductible for the roof (roof only) was .5% of the replacement cost of the house. So, that very inflated replacement cost actually was for another purpose. I advised the adjuster that if he wrote us a check for their replacement cost, that we would be out of the house by midnight that day. He said it was not his call on that. When he came down off the roof, he did say that we would be getting a new roof. BUT he said that since it was a 20 year roof and the house was 20 years old, that LM would depreciate the amount they would pay.

I advised the adjuster that it was indeed a 30 year roof and that I had kept everything from when we built the house, including the warranty section from one of the roofing packages. He said that the roofer just gave me something that he had - but then I told him that I had torn that piece off of the wrapper myself. Then I added that when the adjuster for the insurer of my neighbors house came and looked at theirs, he told them that it was a 30 year shingle, and that they liked our roof so much that they put on the same shingle - 3 months after ours was done. I told the guy that he really needed to get another job because what he was doing was pathetic.

We received a check from LM and it was made out for the amount they said was depreciated as well as less that .5%. Since the damage was over $10K, it was also made out to our mortgage company. The four estimates we have gotten were ALL over $2500 more than the LM estimate. I filed a complaint with our state insurance commissioner office and they contacted LM. I did not have high expectations. They sent me a copy of the policy from LM along with their explanation. They said that LM was doing what was in their policy.

The very next day I see a commercial for LM on TV and the lady is talking about how people do not read their policies because it is mostly legal stuff. People only read the first page. The commercial says other than the first page all of it is blah blah blah, blah blah blah. When I contacted their customer service, they were very rude and wanted to talk over me. When I told the female on the call that she wasn't going to talk over me and not listen to my complaint, she hung up on me. From reading these other complaints, that seems to be standard operating procedure for LM.

I'm not done with these clowns and have secured the services of an attorney. I have also contacted my mortgage company and they are investigating. The person handling it even stated that there is something wrong when they inside my home for far more than its value. My roof isn't repaired, but it doesn't leak. Stay away from LM. They are terrible. No, they are pathetic AND terrible. I have told several people about them and will continue to do so. Our auto insurance is with them also, and we will be dropping all insurance with them before any renewals. Stay away from them!!!

I have had Liberty Mutual Insurance for over 13 years and I recently had to file a claim for the first time. I was given an adjuster named David and he was awesome! He walked me through step by step on the claim and called several time to see how things were moving along. These folks are true professional and I couldn't be happier with the with they provided me. Keep up the great work guys. I will never use another insurance company after my experience with Liberty Mutual. Thank you!

I have become increasingly suspicious of this company. I insured with them a year ago and advised them that my home had wood siding. I told them at that time that it was going to be entirely replaced with cement board siding. The salesperson told me to notify them when it was completed and my house would be re-classified as having masonry siding and it would result in reduced premiums. When I called to advise them that the project was complete, I was told there was no difference in premiums (except a 45.00 dollar a year reduction for replacement cost). How can this be? A masonry sided structure insures the same as a wood sided structure? Even the local fire chief finds this as odd.

When it was time to renew my homeowners insurance the other day I went online and entered what I was looking for and before I navigated off the web page I received a call from an insurance agent with Liberty Mutual. He was obviously from out of state which set off a couple of warnings. We went over what I was looking for, homeowners only with no autos added. I had just renewed my auto insurance a month before and have no reason to change. Sure enough the agent tried to sell me auto insurance at an inflated rate. After I told him no, only homeowners he took all the information, verified it with public records and then he tried to get me to purchase insurance at 3 times my home's value at $115.00 more than I was already paying.

I asked him why I the insurance was for so much over my home's value. He said it was because I was qualified for their premium service. I could just see me trying to claim that much more than the value of my house if something were to happen. I thought that they were a reputable company with good values but the experience I had with that agent was an astronomical waste of time. Be careful when talking to these people and ask questions, if they try to sell you too much insurance. Do what I did and just say NO.

I had Liberty Mutual for about 12 years then switched when my agent went to another company. I was with the other company for the last 8 years. My wife and I thought we should check around on pricing to see if we were still getting a decent deal. LM gave me a better price on both my home and auto so we switched, worst idea ever. After 1 month I received a letter stating they could not insure my home due to a set of deck steps without a railing, siding missing on my garage and debris in my yard. I called LM and they stated to fix those items and submit pictures and they could keep the policy in place.

First I contacted the inspection company to find out about the siding and debris. Their report showed approx 6 pieces of siding off my garage wall, and their picture actually showed my ladders set up around the missing siding. The inspector had come just after I had removed the siding to replace it after a woodpecker caused damage. As a matter of fact the new siding was sitting on the trailer behind my truck 20 ft away when he took the picture. The "debris in the yard" was the siding that had been removed sitting next to my ladder. When I received the cancellation letter the siding had already been put back on and the entire garage stained so that was an easy fix, I took a few pictures and went on to the hand rail. The side steps on my deck are 5 steps high and did not have a hand rail so I installed one then took pictures of that as well.

All this was sent in to LM customer service to appeal the cancellation. They said it was submitted to underwriting and I should know in 3 to 5 days. When I called back after a week they told me it could not be reinstated because of the 3 previous issues, even though they were taken care of. I sent in a complaint to their complaint department and received a call saying she would look into the whole matter. She then called me the day after the policy was cancelled to let me know the underwriters were not willing to reinstate it due to the 3 issues even though they were taken care of. Luckily I had already changed back to my previous company and took my auto coverage as well. This whole process was ridiculous and very stressful.

I have a great credit rating and have never filed a homeowners claim so there is no need for all this crap. If this is how it is just to get the policy how will they treat me if I ever need to file a claim. I wouldn't use this company ever and will let everyone I know hear about this. By the way I showed my old agent that I went back to the report, pictures and the pictures I sent back in and he couldn't believe how I was treated. Beware of Liberty Mutual.

I'm sorry to bash but people need to know. Liberty Mutual sent out an adjuster to see about damage to my roof from a storm we had earlier this year. I decided not to make a claim after the inquiry and never asked for one cent because their estimates were totally unrealistic. I sold my house and am buying a new house. I'm looking into insurance quotes and all of them are super inflated. I then found out that they placed a claim on my record and are refusing to take it off even though I didn't follow through with it. The company policy, and their definition, is that a claim inquiry and claim are the same thing if damage is found to have occurred, whether you use your policy or not. How shady!!!

No insurance adjuster for 7 days after fire, because it was 4th of July holiday, hired restorative company who did not pull proper permits.

Liberty mutual insurance has all these commercial sites about being the best and all. But I purchased insurance for my cars and home. They clearly told me my deductible on my house was 1000 on everything. I asked the agent three or four times. Then a couple months after a wind storm come by damages my shingles. The adjuster approved for the roof to be replaced. I was going to get 6,900. Then liberty mutual calls me and tell me my deductible is 5%. So instead of 6,900. I get 2,300. Now tell me how in the hell do I replace my roof with that?? This company lies and WOULD NOT recommend to anyone.

I had been a customer of Liberty Mutual for 43 years. Before me, my family was with this company for another 35 years. This year I reluctantly allowed Amica to review my coverage and rates only to find Liberty was double the newly quoted rates. When I inquired, I was told "the rates were the rates." Besides the higher cost, service by Liberty had steadily declined with errors on my account, missed coverage and even now poor follow up after canceling my policies. The young man handling my account did not forward the notice of new coverage since "it was not his responsibility." It is a disappointment. Bigger is not better. I guess loyalty does not have its rewards any more. I recommend anyone with Liberty have the insurance reviewed annually.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Company entraps a homeowner policy owner who mistakenly makes a claim for an excluded loss!! The entrapment happens when the policyholder calls to report a loss and doesn't realize it is excluded from the policy. The "Claims Intake Person/Robot" doesn't bother to ask if you know whether it is excluded or not. I'm not a lawyer or insurance professional and didn't know my policy excluded my loss and didn't think to ask. Once the computer keys are pressed to input a "claim" for something not in your policy, an irrevocable report, like a black mark, is out there for every insurance company in the nation to see, coast-to-coast. In my case, Liberty Mutual made ZERO payout. Doesn't matter--the national "REPORT RECORD" doesn't show that and your property is BLACK-MARKED!!!

I called to get a quote for homeowners insurance on a home we just bought. The agent was sassy to begin with but I can handle that. So they began by asking about the house, garage, and then to the household. She asked how many adults, we said 2. She asked how many children, we said 3. Next she says "how many pets," answer is 1. The next question is "what kind of dog," reply was pitbull. She say "Oh we don't cover that kind of dog at all." I say, "Shouldn't that be discrimination because they were removed from the vicious dog list in Ohio." She says to me "We make the rules, not you..." And then she hangs up on me.

I don't complain about much but I thought to myself I'm more vicious than my dog. I called back to discuss with a supervisor and he tells me, "She was just stating facts." I said, "And what was she saying when she hung up on me?" How unprofessional Liberty Mutual can be... That place is a joke and do whatever they want to. No consequences for their actions.

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Liberty Mutual in hopes of having cheaper insurance. They quoted a higher insurance premium but we continued on then see what the home insurance would be. The very last question for the home insurance was if I have a family pet such as a dog and I said yes. They asked what type of dog and I said a pit bull. She is 14 years old. The guy told me they are unable to insure my home because I own a pit bull with young children in the house. I let him know they have lost a customer for life with or without having a pit bull.

My home got burned down and I filed a claim with Liberty Mutual. Liberty Mutual dragged it for almost a year and denied it for false lame excuses fabricated by the Liberty Mutual. In my opinion the Liberty Mutual is the biggest fraud insurance company in the world. I will never do any business with them. Liberty Mutual is a dishonest and discredited and a manipulative homeowner insurance business.

I have never written a message like this and really am sorry to have to do so, but I am so very disappointed with Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. I had insurance covering home and autos for over 20 years. I moved last year and requested to continue my coverage. I received a call letting me know they approved my move, but I wasn't aware I was to expect to sign all kind of documents to bind the coverage. After all those years I wasn't sure what the process was, but depended on them to make it work. Evidently they tried to call me and my voicemail was full. However, they had my "approval" to move forward. They never sent the information and without knowing it I didn't have coverage from July 2015 to the time I made a claim for a scheduled item lost in the move. That's when I found out I had not homeowners insurance coverage at all.

We went round and round about coverage, the issues, what happened. I was glad to know I didn't have coverage, but would never had called to make a claim if I knew I didn't have coverage. At the end of the day the company I sent other people to, bragged about, stayed with, treated me as if I was a second class citizen and no matter what, after seeing deficiencies on my side and theirs -- they told me they would not honor anything with me. I am flabbergasted and will be looking for insurance coverage elsewhere and will encourage everyone else to do likewise.

We had a leak in our roof and called Liberty Mutual to come fix it. The contractor they sent out was crap! He didn't even go into the attic! He just looked at our ceiling and said it was the air conditioning. Refused to actually take the time and look into the problem. We called our agent and she became rude and unwilling to send someone else out after we explained what had happened. So we switched insurance companies. After this past storm it started to leak again so we called our new insurance company to come and check it out. Turns out, out entire roof needs to be replaced as well as the ceiling!! This problem showed signs of having been there for a while but the recent storm made it worse! All of this repair we now have to do could've been much less if Liberty Mutual did their job!

My husband and I decided to finally shop around for rates for both homeowners and auto insurance. We have been with the same insurance company for quite some time and have had no issues. However, we thought it may be financially smart to make sure that we are getting the best value for our money. As such, we decided to call Liberty Mutual. Unfortunately, we had an AWFUL experience. Particularly, an agent by the name Keith ** was very condescending! Instead of taking time to explain their process, he was unprofessional by finding humor in my questions. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, he hung up the phone. Little did he know, I called back in order to submit a complaint regarding my experience. The supervisor was very kind, attentive and professional. However, Keith gave them a very bad first impression. Needless to say, we will not be moving on to Liberty Mutual.

Last year my son and I switched all of our insurance to Liberty Mutual. Agent was accommodating and fantastic! We were making the switch from Nationwide on homeowners and auto because of exorbitant rate increasing. Agent was well aware of this and assured me that their rate increases would never increase more than 3-4% per year as compared to the 15-25% rate increases from NW. Just received renewal notices and over a 25% increase in homeowners rates. LM Greensboro branch manager explanation blames it on NC regulation. Was told my agent would help mitigate this problem. Instead received a non-renewal notice because I refused to sign the "Consent to Excessive Rate" increase letter required by NC, I think for them to charge rate that exceeded allowed rate increase. I was still waiting for the agent to mitigate, and this is how I was treated. Maybe he was glad I wouldn't sign it yet and he didn't have to deal with it. I don't know.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed at being treated this way while being a new customer with no claims. Customer Service and my agent had been very helpful in answering my questions until I questioned the rate increase. Then he wanted to talk about it on the phone when I requested email explanation. Too many life events made it extremely difficult for me to take phone calls when email worked effectively. Went round three times before receiving the email accommodation. What a waste of my time this has been. It's like they didn't want to give me straightforward answers. So no mitigation on the rate has yet to occur. I sent one final email attempt to receive that. In the meantime, I am looking for other Homeowners insurance company. Now I'm worried about authenticity of the life insurance policies we bought from them.

Lost jewelry. Mutual Liberty's service was efficient. However their appraisal process significantly undervalued item compared to independent appraisal we had. When attempted to resolve through the agent. Never returned call. Stay away from this organization.

During the recent heavy snowstorm, my basement was flooded after ground water came into the house causing ice to get into the ground pipes that all caused the sump pump to stop working. The flooding led to my furnace and hot water heater to stop working. This all happened in the dead of winter a couple of weeks ago. After we realized that there was too much water for us to remove from the basement and that things were not working, I contacted Liberty Mutual. In the course of a week with no heat nor hot water, I talked to 7 different reps. who told me differing things. One, I had to get a plumber to remove the water and determine the cause of the flooding. I did that. Two, some reps told me that I would be covered because of the sump pump not working but others said there was no coverage.

I have the names of everyone with whom I spoke but no one helped me. I purchased space heaters for my failoy while all this was going on. I decided to have my furnace and my hot water heater replaced/repaired myself. To date, nothing has been done by Liberty. I paid, myself for a new pump system as well as the items mentioned above. Liberty's reps refuse to accept that the flooding did not occur because the sump pump was bad but because of ground water and frozen pipe caused by the snow and water. Several reps insist the opposite. The plumber and the other repairmen told me that the pump stopped working because it could not withstand the pressure of the ground water and ice causing the failure and the flooding. It's crazy! Liberty Mutual just refuses to pay the claim. I am done with this company!

I spoke with Liberty Mutual agent about changing my homeowners policy from rental policy to main residence policy. He gave me an outrageous quote, which was over $400 more than the one for a rental home. I told him it should be less, not more. We argued about it and he gave me a lot of bogus reasons. It was so high. This caused my house payment with escrow account to go up by $47! Now I have received a refund check for $687 because of the overcharge. Thank you Liberty Mutual, however you need to fire that agent. I had asked to speak to a manager, however, would not allow it plus said the manager would give me the same quote. I have been with Liberty Mutual for over 15 years and have had my auto and homeowners policy with them so I am appalled with how I was treated by that agent. I appreciate the refund but would have preferred a lower house payment!

We have had this insurance company since 1984 covering our 5 homes. In 2012, the lower floors of 2 of the homes were completely wiped out by a large water main break. The party responsible came in and removed all the damaged property (floors, lower 1/3 of walls and personal items) and never returned to reinstall anything.

We turned to Liberty and they denied calling it a flood. We argued and argued and finally had to file a lawsuit to get them to pay. They did pay and paid policy limits on the homes. But because they got rid of their agents and went direct to buyers using their own customer service, no one ever reviewed our policies and the policies were still listed as 1984 property values. We got less than 35% of the values, and only after spending $30,000 to get them to pay. THEY SUCK! Don't trust them with your homes or investment property.

I do not recommend LIBERTY MUTUAL!!! They declined my claim! Read the exclusions and small print. If you have a leak and do not notify them within 14 days, they WILL NOT pay you. I am a 100% service connected disabled veteran who proudly served my country for over twenty-six years and I am retired, and stuck with having to pay out of pocket for everything. I have lived in Arlington, VA for about ten years. I have a secondary home in PA. I changed my insurance in 2014 to Liberty Mutual (The worse decision). I did ask about flood insurance. The agent looked it up and said it was not a flood area and I would not need it.

Now fast forward 15 Jan 2016, I received a text my neighbor said water in his basement was coming from my home. I immediately, called and my family and then a plumber a pipe broke. It was fixed. On 16 Jan 2016, I left the country for a couple of weeks. I learned during my departure Liberty Mutual declined to pay because it was over 14 days. They declined my claim for the following reason. (9) Seepage, meaning a gradual, continuous, or repeated seepage or leakage of water, steam or fuel over a period of 14 days or more, resulting in damage.

In 2009 I purchased a Flood Insurance policy with Liberty Mutual at the direction of the mortgage company at the time because the property was in a flood zone. At some point over the years that changed and FEMA designated the property was not in a flood zone. The bank was notified, nobody notified me, Liberty Mutual continued to tell me I have to have the insurance. I believed them. I am paying $1,800 for flood insurance now that I have had to carry for years per the instructions of the insurance company. Even today they refuse to cancel the policy although the bank has forwarded me documentation of the change in zoning, which has been forwarded to Liberty Mutual. They refuse to give me any money back. They refuse to update the documentation they are viewing as they explain to consumers what is required insurance for them to carry.

Had Liberty Mutual been using updated FEMA maps, they would have been able to tell me that I am not required to carry this insurance. That would be factual. Instead they lied to me repeatedly over the years and tell me I MUST have the insurance. This has cost me thousands of dollars. I continue to try to cancel the coverage. Something is wrong here. I am a veteran with a brain injury and if I see a problem, others must as well. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Liberty Mutual was founded in Massachusetts in 1912. The company, now headquartered in Boston, offers many types of insurance, including auto, life and homeowners.

• Range of options: Liberty Mutual offers a good range of options for homeowners insurance policies, including umbrella policies, condo policies, mobile home policies and even policies specifically geared towards landlords.
  • Good web presence: Liberty Mutual has a well-developed online presence, and they offer many convenient services on their website, including bill pay and policy management.
  • Strong legacy: The company is one of the country’s oldest and most trusted major insurance companies.
  • Customer service: A large company means the staff is not always consistent from person to person.
  • Quotes: Customers have reported that the company’s online quote system often generates quotes that the company is not able to offer in reality.
  • Best for Traditional homeowners, condo owners, farm owners, mobile home owners

Compare Homeowners Insurance