1.29/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Liberty Mutual - Homeowners

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Last updated: May 23, 2018

221 Liberty Mutual - Homeowners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

Adjuster left us with estimates he calculated and evidently only of what they wanted to pay for damages, not actual costs of repair. Then wouldn't release final payment of balance, cheap way of screwing people out of about 30% of claim. Have complained to my state Rep. Have meeting with Iowa Insurance division, oversight agency chairman, Doug ** first week in June. As I understand it, this practice could be defrauding Ioans out of funds due and payable under Fair Compensation Act compliance under their state license/permit. And to think all we wanted was the balance owed to us via claim. Not to mention the company has raised our rates three times to almost five times what the original policy cost was!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

They canceled my homeowner's insurance after being with them since 2006. They claim I don't stay in the home which I do. I still have a mortgage on the home. The people in customer service were unhelpful. They also canceled my auto insurance two years ago for no reason. Never do business with them!!!

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Without any warning, I noticed a pool of water collecting on my beautiful hardwood floors, beneath my kitchen sink. Long story short, water had been collecting under my sink overnight due to some malfunction with the piping. I contacted Liberty Mutual, and the customer service rep was so kind and accommodating. Her first words were, "I am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with this sort of situation." As a skeptic, (I've had many negative insurance encounters), I assumed this was some sort of company jargon, and of course she could care less! Boy, was I wrong. Each and every person I encountered--from the call center, to my estimator, to my claims adjuster was kind, upbeat, accommodating, and resourceful!

I can be a bit demanding, and on occasion a "tough-cookie" to deal with, especially when I am undergoing the stresses of an uncomfortable living environment. Yet, throughout my entire dealings with Liberty Mutual, the angry disgruntled consumer never had to emerge. Immediately, my family was offered hotel accommodations (virtually of my choice) due to my circumstances. I was again offered a hotel for my family while my contractor worked in my home. I am always wary of hotel arrangements that aren't made by me, because I am extremely picky, and require a great deal of space (I have 5 children). With that, Liberty Mutual allowed me to choose my own accommodations, provided they were within a particular (high-quality) chain.

I was able to find, new, clean, spacious rooms, that comfortably fit my large family. The rooms were close to home, close to my husband's job, and met my embarrassingly high standards. I even required a one-day extension on my stay (my contractors, didn't finish the job within their original timeline), and Liberty Mutual's placement company worked hard to find available lodging to suited me (a large local conference left many hotels fully booked). Most importantly, Liberty Mutual did not resolve my issues by compensating me for a patch-up job. They literally too.

Original review: May 1, 2018 I have owned 4 homes in my lifetime, I am 64 and we had a over flow of sewage in the downstairs of the home we just got in 2016 October. They WOW you into them being the best and the most competent company for insurance, Home & Car. This happened on Christmas Eve 2017 and still waiting for someone to call us back from the incident of the sewage backup, grossest thing I have ever seen. I have called the guy that said he was very dedicated to his job, and how we are

really going to have no problems if anything should happen. WRONG, it took the adjuster 5 weeks just to get to our home. Never said anything, except for him tearing a huge piece of brand new carpeting out in the open for someone to trip over if not watching where they are going, I mean looking down, Brand new carpeting and the so called adjuster has not been heard of since.

I called way too many people to get help to fix the mess and fearing black mold will be growing at some point if it's not fixed. The guy that I am dealing with Mr ** told us to get some bids to get all the photos of all the damage. Did what he told us to do, I sent it from Office Depot to make sure he gets everything he wanted. The best bid we could get was $4600 to do the job and put flooring in, and we thought we were not going to gouge the price to have everything repaired plus all the comforters and pillows blankets and luggage was covered with sewage, so in the trash that went, and told them everything we lost. Getting to the point here, tomorrow will be MAY 1 2018 and we have nothing fixed and NO money to fix, rebuild flooring and loss of items and the 36 white towels (BATH SIZE) we had to pitch as we used them to get the water up and try to get some kind of cleanup.

As I said, being May 1 and still have not heard from anyone from Liberty Mutual & Safeco. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS. We had better insurance in San Diego 40 yrs, come to Missouri and the home and car insurance is higher than Cali, Interesting. I come to finally make a complaint and that is all you see on here are unhappy customers. ONE star should tell you something, We have retained an attorney and hope that others will make it a class action lawsuit. This is plain money robbery, so called insurance company. I can't believe this company hasn't been sued yet. I think I will be calling the health dept and asking them if we can get some help. As I said many times, go anywhere but this lame, lying, deceitful, so called home insurance company. I believe in KARMA, Liberty Mutual, Safeco.

Original review: April 20, 2018

What a joke of a company. With them for 10 years, no claims ever. They snuck inflation protection on my policy and it goes up every single year. I am now insured for 3 times what I paid for the house. Wind damaged the roof of my house. Shingles were ripped off and water was getting in. After 1 week they finally sent someone out. Another week goes by and yet no contact or reply. I had to have a roofing company come out to do repairs. Total was $7900. I knew it was gonna be between $5000-$10,000 for repair. Then of course after I paid out of pocket I finally got their paperwork and was told a total of $116 payment was paid to my claim. Guess what Liberty Mutual? I work with 3000 people and each and every one will be told to not to do business with you, thanks very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had my home insurance with Liberty Mutual since 2007. In 2017 I discovered that the floor of my house is sagging. After calling them to see it, the adjuster they sent didn’t even bother to look in the crawl space, and said that it is sand shifting which is not covered by us. Later I called some foundation contractors, they peeked in the crawlspace and found a water leak that has been there for the past 10 years due to faulty plumbing work who didn’t even connect the drainpipe of the kitchen, so all the dirty water was dumped in the crawlspace. After notifying Liberty Mutual about the findings, they said that we don’t cover long term damage, they only cover sudden damage. They didn’t even pursue the case to make the plumbing company insurance pay for the damage, they left me alone having to deal with them. So, if you are counting on them to fix your damages for other than the sudden ones then just think again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My credit union had been trying to warn me that I was paying too much for insurance. They went to raise my homeowners insurance again for more than $1,000 a year, and I decided to shop around. I found a much better deal with a great company, and I could take a vacation on the money I was paying over and above for less insurance with Liberty Mutual. I'm also saving $100 a month on my car insurance now. Their customer service even sucks because canceling my policy that I had had with him for 24 years I didn't even get asked why I was leaving, because they must know. They then had the audacity to send me a check saying that you pay your insurance in arrears which is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I would never waste your money with this company! It's like throwing money into a fire.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Have been a customer with Liberty Mutual for ten years...two houses and two cars insured. Last spring after 4 hail storms I submitted a claim for the roof on one of the houses...first claim on that property in the ten years I had this insurance, never a claim on the vehicles or the other house. Without sufficient notice, they hiked my homeowners premium over 300% to just under $7000 annually for a home insured at $120,000...took a $581 payment from my account for that property. When I called to find out why the astronomical price increase I was told it was statewide increase, which I find impossible to believe. Refused to refund the payment even though I cancelled the policy. Horrible, horrible way to treat a long-term customer. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS INSURANCE COMPANY.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We recently purchased a homeowner’s policy through Geico, underwritten with Liberty Mutual. When signing up, we specifically asked the salesperson for some special endorsements to be added to the policy. We received assurances that the conditions we described were covered under the policy we were being quoted, so we proceeded to purchase the policy.

February 2018 - two months later, we filed a claim under our policy for the conditions we had been told would be covered, only to find that our policy did not have the requisite endorsements. This was very surprising to us, as we were given assurances that our situation would be covered when we were quoted. We were told that an endorsement was required to cover the damages - something that also came as a surprise to us. Additionally, we are now being told we must wait 3 years to add this endorsement, when it should have been on the policy to begin with.

When questioning the initial phone call, we were told recordings are random and only held for 30 days. We have been calling a variety of individuals in an attempt to find resolution, but Liberty Mutual representatives cannot seem to call back in a timely fashion. We have yet to receive a return call from the Adjustment Office, and it has been over a month since we filed the claim. Ultimately, we would strongly recommend avoiding any policy underwritten by Liberty Mutual. It is unacceptable that customers would be treated this way. It is infuriating that insurance companies will find any and all loopholes out of their responsibilities to the policies we pay for.

Original review: March 10, 2018

If I could give 0 star I would for this company. Since the last northeaster storm on Friday, March 2nd 2018 we didn't have power, heat, water and everything else because of a tree fell down and hit the house a little bit of the front roof, vinyl siding and water spout. Also brought down the electric wire. I called the same day the incident happened and guess what? We have to wait until today a week later and still no adjuster came. Matthew said he will send a field adjuster who is coming from Texas which is so ridiculous while we are here in New York. I asked him why isn't there any adjuster from NY. He couldn't answer. And not only that, I have two small children that I had to put them at their grandma's house and missed school because of this. I really really really would not recommend this insurance company at all cost. I will update my review again after the adjuster come and fix everything.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Liberty Mutual is not there for their customers and their advertising of they are there for their customers and not like other companies is bull. They take your money and won't pay out on legitimate claims. They find loopholes in order to get out of paying for claims. I will never recommend them to anyone. Very bad customer service and don't give a crap about people.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I signed up for Homeowners Insurance with Liberty Mutual and made very clear to them our property criteria and needs. They set us up with a plan to fit our needs only to secretly remove coverage each year through the use of Special Endorsements on the Main Policy. Unknown to me I was paying the same cost or more each year for less and less coverage.

After a fire at our home Liberty Mutual was unkind, unorganized, hard to reach, and failed to meet our needs after the disaster; eventually informing us that many things were no longer covered by them even though they never notified us. The entire process has been so stressful. I feel sick regularly from the stress. Dealing with them has been a complete nightmare. They are an evil greedy corporation their agents and adjusters have been unkind! Avoid business them at all costs! At this point I'm going to pass this over to my lawyer though I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Liberty Mutual has been our homeowners insurance carrier for generations totaling over 30 years. After knowing our family for generations for all this time and our minimal number of claims as would be expected, we did have a huge fire loss which was not on our home property but rather at a storage facility not under our control. This huge devastating fire occurred on Feb 18, 2015 at a storage building in Waterbury, Ct. and can still be found on the internet under Fire decimates 115 storage units in Waterbury Feb 18, 2015. We had 4 storage units at this facility where we paid approximately $500 a month in fees storing items both personal and for resale. Liberty Mutual claims that if you are selling a personal item such as a living room set, as soon as you list it for sale whether it is on Craigslist, newspaper, Letgo, OfferUp, eBay, or anywhere, it is no longer considered your personal property but that it is considered business property for sale.

We had $150,000 insurance at our home and usually insurance companies cover 10% including our Liberty Mutual insurance for personal property off your premises therefore our insurance coverage for the 4 storage units would have covered $15,000. In this fire, we lost over $100,000 in both personal and business property and with our breakdown of all our personal items, Liberty Mutual had their own lawyers determine that NONE of our property was determined as personal, despite the fact that we gave them a breakdown of our personal Holiday items, clothing, furniture, and all personal items totaling about $40,000. We itemized everything to the best of our knowledge including photos, estimated purchase price, and depreciation but again, the lawyers for Liberty Mutual said they never saw such detailed records but yet did not have an open mind about this claim and the total claim was denied.

They have their lawyers make a decision and you cannot fight it. If you are considering Liberty Mutual for insurance, but sure to check on the internet for all the negative feedback and complaints against Liberty Mutual as you will be amazed. They will grab your money and pay out menial but refuse to pay any larger claims. Furthermore, we were paying over $2,000 a year for homeowners insurance and for the exact same coverage we are now paying less than half that cost for insurance from Farmers Insurance. We may have lost the claim for $15,000 for our fire loss but after 15 years, we will have gained because of saving over $1000 a year in their outrageous premiums.

It has now been 3 years since the fire and we have saved $3,000 in premiums by dropping Liberty Mutual and going with Farmers Insurance. Of course with us paying the outrageous premiums, they didn't want us to leave, but they are the ones to lose out in the end. BEWARE of Liberty Mutual and feel free to contact me as I will NEVER discard all my paperwork regarding this fire and our loss.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I filed a claim last year for a little bit of damage caused by a broken pipe from freezing weather. The estimate to repair was $1,500 with a $500 deductible. So Liberty Mutual paid about $1,000 for this claim. Then later in the year when my policy renewed, the premium went up from 1,080 per year to 2,180 per year, more than the cost of the claim!!! Don't do business with these crooks unless you don't plan on using the insurance!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I’ve had my homeowner’s policy with Liberty Mutual for about 10 years. 6 months ago, I filed a claim for water damage in my basement because of a buried runoff pipe that cracked under my front yard. Liberty Mutual only covered the water damage ($2000) and not the repair ($10,000). I paid the ten grand out of my pocket, fixed my basement, called it a day. This morning I get a letter from Liberty Mutual stating that they are cancelling my homeowner’s policy because I am “high risk”.

I immediately pick up the phone and learn that I have no recourse at all and have 60 days to find other coverage. After paying thousands and thousands in premiums over the course of 10+ years, Liberty Mutual had to write a check for $2000 and then kicked me to the curb. “Customer Loyalty”, “Liberty Stands with You”, “We Take Responsibility Seriously”. What an absolute double load of crap! I had no idea how bad Liberty Mutual was until this happen and I started looking at reviews online.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Liberty Mutual has been great to me, until I elected to use their "preferred contractor" to repair the hail damage to my home. Rhino Exteriors is the company in my area that Liberty Mutual hired. I learned the hard way why Liberty "prefers" these types of low grade contractors. They use the cheapest materials available, and the cheapest subcontractors. I now have extremely leaky windows, and most of the oak trim in my home has been ruined with the overzealous use of spray foam by Rhino Exteriors because they REFUSED to admit they installed low quality windows. In short, Liberty Mutual is a good company, but NEVER, EVER USE THEIR PREFERRED CONTRACTOR REPAIR PROGRAM.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have never filed a claim for homeowners in 28+ years of homeownership and the rip off artist at Liberty Mutual specifically the Office at 149 Plantation Ridge Drive, Suite 170, Mooresville NC 28117 704-360-1840 sent me a notice that sign the North Carolina Consent to Rate form increases my homeowners policy rate from 951 in 2017 to 1,344.00 a year which is above the state rate of 1,138.00. A thing named ** (he won't give his last name because he is a coward) made-up a plethora of lies to justify the increase in the macro, but could not give me a rational reason why MY insurance will increase above the NCRB suggested rate. They pull this maneuver one month before renewal to prevent people from looking up new insurance. I will NEVER do business with Liberty Mutual for any reason in Home or Auto.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My House was broke into on December 3. I contacted Liberty Mutual and filed a claim. Right after that I was contacted by an adjuster who told me he was going to process my claim... Right after I send in all my documents to the adjuster and was waiting to hear back from him I even tried to reach out to him on several different occasions. No luck. Then later after that I was contacted by some special investigators who was investigating my claim further. I gave them receipts and a police report. Still wasn’t good enough for them. So now they calling the stores and all kinds of things that I honestly think they shouldn’t be doing.

I’m being treated like the suspect instead of the victim in this case and the bad part about my home was really broken into right before Christmas. I even had to be moved to a new apartment. Hopefully everything works out but once I’m done with this claim I’m strongly thinking about leaving Liberty Mutual. Especially after reading these reviews. A bunch of frauds and rip-offs. They is so sad... Guess it’s hard to believe that things happen to ** folks. Everybody not dishonest.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Glad seeing so many 1-star reviews meaning that I'm not alone. Had a minor leak from the roof pipe because of the heavy rain, which then grew worse after another rain. Filed the claim, they called back and said that since the damage was accumulating, they won't pay for it. Saw no desire to be on consumer's side, only a desire to avoid paying. Stay away from them. The representatives totally unresponsive, no help, no understanding. Find yourself another vendor.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We have been insured through Liberty Mutual for homeowners, auto and flood insurance since 2009. Each year when I receive my renewal policy, the rates have increased, without ever making a claim. For the first few years, the rates would only go up by about $100-$150/year, but for the last few years the homeowners rates have increased by about $500-$600/year! The auto has also increased, and we have no tickets, accidents or anything on either record.

When I inquire about the increases, I am told that construction costs in the area have gone up so our rates in turn go up. We have a storage shed on the property (with nothing even in it) and that went up as well! In the past I have looked into switching to another company, but this year I am finally going to do it. I have looked into other companies and for the exact same coverage I save almost $2000! Don't insure through Liberty Mutual. Your rates might be low for the first year, but they will keep going up and up.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I carried auto, renters and homeowners insurance with Liberty Mutual for years. The payments were auto deducted from my checking account. I cancelled the homeowners after no longer owned property. I don't look at amounts deducted so it took me a while to notice Liberty was still deducting for homeowners a year later. After speaking with customer service they denied me cancelling account. They refused to reimburse me and subsequently sent me a bill for premium after cancelling auto deduct.

The auto division is same. I followed up several time regarding small vender bender. They sent me to get estimate at their vendor and the vendor conveniently lost my estimate paperwork. I followed up again and the claim adjuster told me to send photo of the damage to my bumper. I did. No follow up. Don't use this company. They are crooks. I have severe health issues and everything is an effort and The stress and frustration Is more damaging to my health than the loss of money. Save yourself and avoid this company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Rambling rant ahead. Bought a home. Home is 60 years old. Home is stucco. Home is suburban. We were elated to move in after a very terse inspection process. LM sent out a noob to come photograph the house to find leverage to drop us. No, really. She admitted this was her 3rd house ever and was still new at it. She's photographing hairline—and I mean human hair width—cracks as "structural" cracks in the stucco as "water damage." Uh no, sorry. That's not structural.

Then she photographs a downspout that goes to dirt rather than onto a concrete pad like all the others. So I grab a concrete pad I have nearby, lay it in place like the others, and say, "you mean like this?" "Yes, but I already took the picture." "So take it again." "I can't do that." C. Then she says the driveway has cracks. Yes, observant, aren't you. It does have cracks. Is a cracked driveway a wedge to exploit an insurance carriers liability? The house is 60 f years old and passed a rigorous inspection and yet LM comes in right after with this impersonal robotic letter dropping me. I had been a customer with them since college. HFS!

I emailed my contact there at LM and he was horrified to learn of it. He has no power of course because underwriters want a sure thing: collect money and .001% risk of payout. Greedy fs. They didn't even offer a means to refute or correct. THAT'S what drew my ire. Now I have to roll with the most expensive three-initialed company out there. I used to rave about LM. No more. Horrid horrid way to treat a customer after all these years.

Oh, I forgot the zinger. She, the photographer, tells me if I have a padlock to put on the gate, it'll help. I go get one. I go to lock it and she interrupts, "oh, you don't have to lock it; I just have to photograph that it's there." Oh, ok, so you photograph that, but won't take another image of the concrete pad? The vocal anti-man photographer and her dog that photographed the house was from Mueller Service, Inc of Tonawanda, NY. Hey, Mueller, tip for you: teach your photogs the difference between superficial and structural cracks. If someone would have to Dremel a trough in a "crack" to make it wide enough to even get Dap 50 year in, then it isn't structural. Oh, and as a PS, stucco cracks. Funny thing about physics: heat causes material to expand and cold causes it to contract. Who knew.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was with Liberty Mutual insurance for 3 years and every year my rate jumped up about 400.00 to 500.00 dollars a year. I had no claims, tickets or incidents. The reason they told me of the rate increase is because of all the claims everyone has filed from the storms and hurricanes.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We moved into our first house, and got Liberty Mutual through Geico before closing. A few days after closing, while we're still moving in, we get an inspection for the insurance. He assures us the mess from moving doesn't matter, he's looking for genuine hazards. A few weeks go by and we get an email saying we are LOSING COVERAGE due to poor upkeep of the property. I call Geico, who sent the email, and they explain that even if we do the repairs they require, we will still need to get a new policy from someone else through them, and Liberty Mutual may not give us a full refund of our prepaid yearly premium.

I would like to list the repairs required now. See if you can spot the bull. Window boarded up (fine, already done, I understand this one). Siding Missing (in about a 1 sq foot area in the backyard. Who cares but fine whatever). Debris in yard (no... there isn't. Maybe when we were moving, and getting boxes out of the way yeah... maybe don't do the inspection before people have TRASH SET UP). Paint peeling on shed (seriously? The kicker here is it's not painted. It's an aluminum shed.) So... apparently my house is uninsurable because of the horrible life ending risk of... my old shed looking like crap.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Liberty Mutual have No intention paying claims for Hurricane Harvey. I been with them nearly 30 years and I am so disappointed with the way my claim was handled. I had damages to kitchen cabinets from wind blowing rain water into kitchen window back wall area. Power outage 17 hours. The Adjuster shows up greets him at the front door let's him in. I turn my back walking toward the rear area in my home, I hear a flash from a camera. I thought that was odd, but continue to talk and show the adjuster the damages.

The adjuster was not interested in the damages, but was very interested in taking pictures of inside my home. He unlock the back door, immediately started taking pictures of exterior house, the backyard. He also climb on the roof. I did not expect Liberty Mutual to send an Adjuster out to do a risk assessment. I felt so violated by this. I received a phone call days later informing me they are not paying the claim. I was told unless the power line was down in my yard and I verified it, then they will pay for food spoilage. That was very insensitive. After suffering a major loss of all my foods that was in the fridge. Also, trying to recover from Hurricane Harvey.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I bought a home and the title agency signed me up for this homeowners insurance. Six months later I learned it is charging me double what I should be paying. I cancelled and got another co. Now I want my refund. They are being VERY SLOW at issuing me a check.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

After a plumbing mishap and water damage, LibMut sent in Paul Davis Restoration to quickly start drying in prep for demolition. An incompetent freelance adjuster delayed producing a settlement for a month so I paid for reconstruction myself. Not only did LM claim my repairs were only worth 30% of actual cost, 4 months later, Paul David (their restoration sub) wrote me they were owed $10,800!! Willful bad faith.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We had a house fire. It was started by a new dryer in our basement. Liberty Mutual sued to the dryer company. Got their money. We had paid Liberty for full replacement insurance for all contents. We receive 1/10 of what we were owed. I had just purchase a new computer and had the back off it, was adding new memory. They told us that the was broke and would not pay us anything. It was exactly 6 weeks old. They sent our clothes to their crappy (we had no choice) cleaners and wash everything together. All the clothes faded into each other. I had just purchase a new brown 300.00 leather bomber jacket, it came back grey and still smelled of smoke. All of our clothing was ruined. They did not replace anything. They told us to take or leave it. They sent out two 6'6" goons to intimidate us at Service Master. They told us if we did not shut up we would never get anything.

After 6 year we finally go a small pittance from Liberty Mutual. Fortunately we had pretty good resources to carry us through. I just feel terrible for those people that don't have that. Because Liberty Mutual will bury you with paperwork. Forget about attorneys they are all in bed with the insurance companies. For every attorney you hire they have 50 on staff to fight you. They have no agents to deal with. If you go to their office in Grand Rapids, MI. They have 3" glass put up for their protection. They will not give you any information. You are always dealing with a mysterious claims committee. When you purchase insurance from Liberty Mutual, you might as well flush your premium down the toilet.

We just hired a contractor to do some tile work in our new house. He related that had Liberty Mutual insurance on his vehicles. He lost his leg in a motorcycle accident. They blame his gout for the amputation and would not cover medical bills. He was in intensive care at Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville for 5 month. He also had a visit from their goons. He was run over by a truck that had Liberty Mutual insurance. They had him coming and going. There are so many nightmare stories about Liberty Mutual out there. This company should be broke up. Don't believe their advertisements. Please pass on the information on Facebook, warned the people against this company of (Whatever you want to call this kind of business).

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

It was bad enough that my home was violated by some punks but what really makes the situation even worse is that I was questioned by the claims department like I was on the stand for capital murder... 95% of the questions that I was asked were regarding my personal life and the other 5% were about the break in. I understand that questions have to be asked but they need to come up with a better approach to the questions they ask the customer that has already been violated. None of these questions were asked when I paid my insurance monthly.

If you all spent as much time with the police asking questions then maybe you can find the punks that broke in my house. After all of this is over I will most definitely change insurance companies. I can take my money to another company that will appreciate me as being a customer. I am done with Liberty Mutual. Some of my items that were stolen money can't replace they belong to my deceased parents. I feel tormented.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Liberty Mutual wrongfully and with wanton disregard turned my small home based business in to collections for 300k. They then sued me for 95k. After a year of litigation they agreed to settle for 2k. Die in HELL!

Liberty Mutual expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Liberty Mutual was founded in Massachusetts in 1912. The company, now headquartered in Boston, offers many types of insurance, including auto, life and homeowners.

• Range of options: Liberty Mutual offers a good range of options for homeowners insurance policies, including umbrella policies, condo policies, mobile home policies and even policies specifically geared towards landlords.

• Good web presence: Liberty Mutual has a well-developed online presence, and they offer many convenient services on their website, including bill pay and policy management.

• Strong legacy: The company is one of the country’s oldest and most trusted major insurance companies.

• Customer service: A large company means the staff is not always consistent from person to person.

• Quotes: Customers have reported that the company’s online quote system often generates quotes that the company is not able to offer in reality.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, farm owners, mobile home owners

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky