4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Insureon makes protecting your business easy. Whether you need General Liability, Professional Liability, or Workers’ Comp, our hassle-free process can save you time and money. We curate quotes from the country’s top insurance companies, then connect you with an adviser who knows your industry. They’ll help you choose the policies you need to sign leases, satisfy contract requirements, and meet industry standards. Apply online for coverage!​

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

281 Insureon Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 18, 2019

I was doing an online search and found Insureon. I inquired about their insurance since I could search multiple vendors. Insureon got back to me right away and I was able to call and ask questions, so I went with them. It was good dealing with their representative. Most of the time, he was available and when I left messages he returned my calls right away. The main thing I like is that the agent I worked with answered my emails in a timely manner and he was available when I called him and had questions.

The main thing is that when I put in one set of circumstances to put in insurance, the site would show providers. Then if I changed the scenario a little bit because I wanted to change the amount of the property damage coverage, I would lose all those providers of the other scenario that I had put in earlier. When I put in a different amount, it changed all the providers, but then when I tried to go back, it didn’t go back very easily. It was a little tough in that area. It would be great if it had a thing where I could put in scenario one and scenario two and compare them side by side and see what the difference is.

The agent did a good job as far as the insurance part. But what I’m still not positive about is how I’m supposed to pay for my insurance as I haven’t received and seen anything about that. I could check with my partners and see if they have received anything about payment. But we were talking about this last night and we were asking if we should be paying for our insurance because the insurance company contacted me to be able to bind the property owner to the policy. But other than that, nobody ever asked us if we were gonna pay them. Nevertheless, my experience with Insureon was quick and easy. Overall, it was a great experience.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I set up a new company and I started working as an independent contractor. The company that I was going to do a contract with had a requirement that I should have insurance for general liability and professional technical liability. They recommended Insureon and told me that this is one of the most affordable and kind of good insurance that I could look into. There was another company, but I didn't find their quote to be comparable with the one that I got from Insureon. So, I ended up with Insureon.

When I initially contacted the representative who sent me an email then gave me a call, she was nice. But by the time that I really wanted to buy the insurance, I was not able to get back to her. I tried calling her multiple times and I left messages. Then, a guy came up, took over, and guided me through everything. He also helped set up my insurance in the proper timeframe as I was supposed to start working and the company needed the insurance details in a required time limit. There was some anxiety but, overall, I think it was good.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I needed E&O insurance for a contract, but it is one thing I didn't want to get because I've never needed it over the past 20 years of me doing contracting work. Insureon was recommended by one of my consulting buddies. I compared other places and my regular insurance agent really wanted it, but she was a few hundred dollars more expensive. I only filled about half of the paperwork and Suzie, the Insureon representative, called me back up to try to finish it, which I thought was funny. She is an aggressive producer. She finished up and sealed the deal. She offered me two policies from two different providers, but there really wasn't much of a difference between the two and there wasn't much of a need for me to have the more expensive insurance, so it was okay to go in for the more affordable policy.

When the policy comes up again next year, I'll decide if I wanna continue with Insureon or Hartford. Right after I finished opening my policy, my consulting friend said, "Hey, there's a different place you should be getting this from. It's cheaper." Nonetheless, I was happy with the experience with Insureon. They followed up quickly and they wanted me to finish filling up the paperwork. It was a little jarring, but it got the job done.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I liked the convenience of Insureon and that they would act fast. I was contacting some local agents and surprisingly, they were really slow responding and transacting it than Insureon was over the internet, so I went with Insureon in part because of that. The local companies allowed me to do the application online too, but at that point, it became a matter of how fast they would respond to me, and Insureon was faster. There were so many emails that went back and forth with an agent and I had a couple of phone calls through the process and got things lined up after getting the insurance instated.

Their level of customer service was great and the reps were very responsive. They answered their calls personally when I called. I called them about three times and the agent that I was dealing with answered his own phone. I did not have to leave a message. I may have gotten lucky on that, but it was neat. I feel good about the business insurance. However, my address was taken in wrong by Insureon, it didn’t have my suite number right and one experience post-getting coverage was I didn’t get my policy statement and things in the mail. So, I followed up and got a hold of the insurance company and I got a hold of my agent first. He got me in touch with the insurance company and they called me right back and got it fixed immediately, and the policy was in the mail around two days later. I would tell my friends to go to Insureon.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I'm 62 years old and I'm in the same industry since high school - aluminum, carports, and glass rooms. I had two different suppliers, one was Four Seasons Building Product and the other was Texas Aluminum. I left Four Seasons because of some issues that I had with the management. I decided to start my own business since I've been in Dallas my whole life and I know about 60 different contractors that build products. They all said, "Hey, you can do our work for us. We know your work ethics." I said that if I'm gonna do this right, I'm gonna get general liability. I'm gonna get everything I need and get a couple of men I could train to install.

I reached out to Insureon and they did a good job getting me insurance and got me set up. They also had a good website. However, we had one issue when they took the first payment out as they did it two times, but they gave me credit on the other money two days later. Other than that, their guidance regarding my business insurance options went very well and they kept me informed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?

Original review: July 1, 2019

Asked for quotes online and received "none at this time". Tried to dial the number that is listed on the website and it gave no option to talk to an operator. I had to either check the directory by name, dial the extension of someone I knew or leave a message. I called during business hours. Also the quote form kept defaulting to auto insurance and I was only interested in General liability. I have no idea if I will ever get a quote, but I don't have time to hang around waiting for someone to call me back. Quiet time in the office is rare and I need that to sort out commercial insurance.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I want to say state that I had a good initial experience w/ Insureon. I was a new startup business that needed general liability insurance. When I needed something they did come through. However, fast forward a year and I realized that I could get the same coverage for MUCH cheaper. I gave them the opportunity to re-quote but it never happened. The price was going to stay the same. No problem - I get my new policy and close out my account only to find out that the gentlemen from Insureon have given me a little bad information. Said I was covered for up to a certain amount of business. Long story short because of the salesman telling a tall tale I had to pay an additional $200, (this after paying way more than I should have) That's business, when I approached them about the incorrect information I was given, they couldn't have cared less. I'll never do business with them again nor would I suggest to someone to do business with Insureon.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I’ve had General Liability and Umbrella Liability Policies for my business with them for years. We chose them when we first started our Small Business because of the price, and how easy and fast it is to get insurance certificates on the portal. The only reason we haven’t switched is because of the price, however we plan to pay the extra for a better company at the end of our policy this year because of how awful these people are. They only give you the contact information for your “agent,” every year we have a different agent, and can never get a hold of any of them via phone or email. In recent years we’ve needed to provide some specific documentation from our policies to contractors that isn’t readily available like certificates are, last year it took 3 months for my agent to send me two pages that should have been, but weren’t included in my copy of the policies, this year they never sent me updated copies of our policies.

I can’t get anyone to respond to my numerous emails or phone calls. When I did speak with my “agent” last week about what I needed she kept telling me she was sending it via email and it just wouldn’t go through. I don’t understand why she wouldn’t have contacted me right away if that was truly the case. Once I finally received what I needed, it was the documentation from last year so it was expired. If you try to call to speak with customer service or a manager they will send you to your agent, and say leave a message and they’ll contact you within 24 hours, which they never do.

The only way to speak to someone else is to go to their website and do a live chat and pretend to be a potential new customer. This place is a complete joke, and it’s affecting my business. (For the record, it took my workers Comp insurance company all of 15 seconds to answer the phone and email me the same documentation from that policy, that I’ve requested from Insureon.) Get a real insurance insurance agency, they aren’t worth the savings, unless you want your customers to think you’re completely unorganized and don’t mind always being late to start jobs.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I had a very good and quick experience with Insureon. We had to do get business insurance quickly, which the rep knew, and he did it fast. He was very good and he did his job. I had to answer questions so they could offer a quote on what I sold that year.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I was buying an insurance policy and price was the main factor in my decision to inquire about the Insureon policies. The process moved along quickly and my interactions with them were all positive. It was pretty good.

Insureon expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Established in 2011, to meet the unique needs of small businesses, Insureon is now one of America's fastest-growing small business insurance company. Insureon helps small businesses find insurance policies, and their experienced agents work one-on-one with clients to recommend the best insurance policies for their specific needs.

• Free quotes: Small business owners and managers can get fast, free insurance quotes just by answering a few questions online.

• Insurance products: Insureon helps small businesses evaluate a wide range of insurance products, including general, professional and cyber liability policies, as well as business owner's, errors and omissions, property and umbrella policies.

• InsureonU: InsureonU, an abbreviation of Insureon University, provides educational materials to small businesses so that owners and managers can better understand their insurance needs and the products designed to keep them protected.

• Partners: Insureon works with several A-rated insurance providers to make sure its clients can find the best policies that match their unique needs and budgets.

• Industry knowledge: Over 100,000 small businesses have worked with Insureon over the past decade, so the company's agents are familiar with most industries.

• Best for: Small businesses, freelancers, technology businesses and new companies.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky