Insureon

Insureon Reviews

Find a Best Business Insurance partner
1.1(336)

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Insureon

Insureon makes protecting your business easy. Whether you need General Liability, Professional Liability, or Workers’ Comp, our hassle-free process can save you time and money. We curate quotes from the country’s top insurance companies, then connect you with an adviser who knows your industry. They’ll help you choose the policies you need to sign leases, satisfy contract requirements, and meet industry standards. Apply online for coverage!​

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Insureon Reviews

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?
    Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 3, 2024

I had important questions about whether to make a claim with regard to damage to our business that the landlord would not cover. I tried repeatedly to reach customer service via phone (I left messages) and wrote emails too. No response whatsoever. Perhaps the company name should be Infurion because I was infuriated. It seems that small business actually don't matter when you're a big online broker.

Sarah

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate the opportunity to better assist and understand your experience. Though we are unable to assist with filing a claim, as it would need to be brought to your policy carrier for process, your account manager is available to discuss additional options. Please consider calling again at (800) 688-1984 to leave your name, business, email address and contact information so we can appropriately connect you.
    Yours Sincerely,
    The Insureon Team

Reviewed April 4, 2024

I so wish I would’ve read the reviews before I contacted these people. Fine print states that you owe them $175 for their “fee”. Nothing I couldn’t have done on my own. Complete rip off. Totally not transparent about their fees at all!

Sarah

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate the opportunity to better assist and understand your experience. Service fees are determined by the business class, state and total premium, and any such costs are included in the quote proposal for review. Your account manager is dedicated to assist you and can be reached directly for any further policy questions or adjustments. We look forward to continuing to support you and your business needs in the future.
    Sincerely, The Insureon Team

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2023

Horrible to work with. Typically company that over-promises and under-delivers. So far -- only one person has made herself available for service on the policy and that person is horrible to work with. Never answers the phone, never submit documents on time, it's always late. Does not complete needed documentation competently. It's chaos to work with these people.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 27, 2023

Insureon is an insurance marketplace. What they want you to think that means is that they'll get you the best quotes. What it really means is that they'll sell your information to dozens of third party insurance companies. Then the spam calls start. They will wake you up. Leave voicemails. Keep following up. There's nothing you can do except change your number and then warn as many people as possible not to do what you just did. I'm on this step right now!

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2023

Jason ** with Insureon started off our very first conversation with not one, but two blatant and obvious lies. First, he messaged me the next day claiming that I had "Caught him after hours" the day before (I contacted him at 3:34 p.m., they close at 5:30 p.m.). Second, he said that I was "required" to purchase a General liability policy along with the Workers Compensation policy that I needed. I hold my G.L. through another company that I have been with for years and am very happy with. G.L. and W.C. are completely separate forms of insurance, and in no state is it required to purchase them together. For a provider to claim that it is required is dishonest AND illegal. Jason should be fired immediately. Honesty is always the best policy, and he is a bold-faced LIAR!!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2022

Jason ** is seriously amazing!! I can honestly say that in all my years of getting any kind of commercial auto or commercial insurance it’s always been a hassle I never looked forward to dealing with!! But Jason was a godsend. Not only did he answer all my questions, he got me all new policies with COIs within hours!! He was always just a text away and always prompt. Where my other insurers would take days to get me COIs! If you’re looking for new insurance I would recommend Jason over and over again!

CoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed March 4, 2022

Early in the process, it seemed promising....after filling out my company information and being transferred to a partner, the partner couldn't insure me...then transferred back...then to another partner, who couldn't insure me because I have one part time employee in AL and they don't do AL, even tho I told them I only need Florida...they told me WC covers all employees and you can't go state by state and had me pull my payroll for each state...90 minutes and nothing but wasted time. If Insureon can't send you to someone that can insure you, why do they ask questions and get in the middle of something they are only complicating.

Verified purchase
      Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Please update your internal database regarding my automatic renewals with Hiscox insurance for GLI. Brandon sent me an email that my PLI policy expired on 04 Aug 2021, which is not correct in two ways. First, Insureon does not have my PLI (E&O) policy. Second, my policy did not expire per Hiscox. Please update your internal databases so I do not get these annoying emails each year. Every time a new person takes over, I seem to get the same incorrect emails from Insureon. Thank you for your input and assistance in this matter. I would appreciate an email response to confirm when this have been permanently corrected internally at Insureon.

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed May 10, 2021

When I saw the Insureon site which says "Answer a few questions. Compare personalized quotes." I immediately thought, "ok cool this is like Progressive but for business insurance". Boy was I wrong. Instead I spent 10 minutes filling out a fairly extensive list of questions about my business only to be called the next day by a representative that proceeded to tediously confirm all contact information I had given and then transfer me to a partner company. Not a great start, doing this over a call vs having a website that just shows you the options is certainly not what I would prefer, but hey they picked a great partner based on all the info I entered right?

The new agent then proceeded to ask me ALL OF THE SAME QUESTIONS I HAD ENTERED ON THE WEBSITE FORM. Seriously? What was the point of entering all that if it's not transferred along. ALL OF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN DONE VIA EMAIL instead of me sitting on what turned out to be a 15 minute phone call just for the agent to inform me that "sorry we don't have a carrier that can provide coverage for you". Great you could have looked over my form submission and figured that out in 1 minute. "Answer a few questions. Compare personalized quotes." There were LOTS of questions, not a few. I did not get anything resembling a personalized quote. I was transferred to a particular company instead of being shown something that I could compare. So they lied about every promise they make on their site.

Verified purchase
      Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2020

One of my friends started his own firm a couple of years back. He used Insureon and he recommended me to use them as well. They were pretty good. They were pretty responsive and timely. They were always helpful. But the website itself could be improved. In my case, whenever I log in, it shows three different applications. There’s three buttons for the same firm name. When I click one of the firm names, it takes me to finish an application. If I click another one, it takes me to a different page. If I click the third one, that’s when it shows all the proof of insurance documents.

Insureon author review by Kathryn Parkman

Established in 2011, to meet the unique needs of small businesses, Insureon is now one of America's fastest-growing small business insurance company. Insureon helps small businesses find insurance policies, and their experienced agents work one-on-one with clients to recommend the best insurance policies for their specific needs.

• Free quotes: Small business owners and managers can get fast, free insurance quotes just by answering a few questions online.

• Insurance products: Insureon helps small businesses evaluate a wide range of insurance products, including general, professional and cyber liability policies, as well as business owner's, errors and omissions, property and umbrella policies.

• InsureonU: InsureonU, an abbreviation of Insureon University, provides educational materials to small businesses so that owners and managers can better understand their insurance needs and the products designed to keep them protected.

• Partners: Insureon works with several A-rated insurance providers to make sure its clients can find the best policies that match their unique needs and budgets.

• Industry knowledge: Over 100,000 small businesses have worked with Insureon over the past decade, so the company's agents are familiar with most industries.

by Kathryn Parkman Senior Solar Editor

Kathryn writes about topics important to both homeowners and renters, including security systems, pest control, solar panels, warranties and more. Her goal is to demystify complex purchases and empower readers to make informed decisions. Before ConsumerAffairs, she earned an English degree from Northeastern State University and worked in community journalism and digital marketing for several years.

Insureon Company Information