Call toll free
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Insureon makes protecting your business easy. Whether you need General Liability, Professional Liability, or Workers’ Comp, our hassle-free process can save you time and money. We curate quotes from the country’s top insurance companies, then connect you with an adviser who knows your industry. They’ll help you choose the policies you need to sign leases, satisfy contract requirements, and meet industry standards. Apply online for coverage!​

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

229 Insureon Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We had an insurance policy set up with Insureon for months. We recently were notified that our policy was cancelled. No explanation. We have tried to contact them multiple times to no avail. Terrible customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was looking at prices online and Insureon came up. I wanted better coverage and looked into them. Their reps were very nice and helpful. They answered all my questions and gave me a policy I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Insureon was competitive and it was recommended so I went to them. Their rep was very good. Whatever interaction I had is very precise and clear on how to move forward, and the person has been following up, responsive to my questions.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I was looking to get coverage and my interactions with Insureon's rep were fine. Plus, the guidance they gave me was good.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I needed to get a million-dollar liability insurance and I was searching the web when I found Insureon. It was cheaper than other providers. David, the guy whom I talked to, was straightforward. He gave me all the information I needed and answered all the questions. They cover the basic stuff and I felt comfortable with that. I was ready to pay the whole down, but knowing that I could pay the minimum at the time saved me a little time and money. First time using them, I don’t know totally everything. But so far, it seems it’s going in the right direction. I advise anybody to go along with Insureon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I needed insurance so I searched that, and Insureon was one of the first things on Google that popped up. I reached out to a couple other ones, but they didn't even get back to me. The rep at Insureon, however, was very good. He checked back in when I didn't respond for a very long time. He handled the process well but I felt bad because I wasn't as responsive as him. What happened was I reached out before the end of the year, and I was given rates, but the rates changed for those companies. I wasn't very thrilled that they went higher. So then, I had to look at other companies. The rep at Insureon could have easily taken advantage of that situation, but he didn't, so I appreciated that. This is the first time I'm carrying insurance and I've had a good experience with Insureon.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Insureon had the best prices that I had viewed online. I signed up and then the rep called me. I had great, easy and smooth interactions with him. He answered all of my questions accordingly and effectively. He broke the policy down and asked about how much I want to be covered, so I told him. He was very clear about what he was talking about. I would definitely refer my friends to Insureon and show them the paperwork that was sent to me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Insureon offered what I needed for the coverage for my business. The correspondence I’ve been having has been mostly through email, but the rep responds to any questions that I have within an hour or two. For any coverage that I needed to be added or taken away, he was able to get it processed within 24 hours and get the certificates out where I needed them to be. It has been a pleasant experience altogether.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My colleague referred Insureon. I like the ease of asking and receiving their quote. And dealing with their reps had been positive. The sales experience was a light touch. I didn't receive an abundance of emails and phone calls. I received just the information I needed to make a decision.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I run a business and having insurance is very valuable. Getting coverage for myself led me to inquire about Insureon. They have something that stood out for me and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We were told that Insureon could help us when we needed insurance for a business that we were going into. My interaction with them was rocky at first when a rep referred us over to people who never responded until someone reached out to us through the company. We asked them questions to get the information that we needed and once we got someone, they were able to able to give us all the information right away. In the end, they were what we needed because we went through other companies and the turnaround was a lot longer than what we had to wait for Insureon.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Insureon is the insurer for my business insurance and my experience with them has been very good. Their name was pretty cool sounding and it came up high on the list when it was presented to me. The phone call wasn't that long and it wasn't too invasive. They answered a minimum amount of questions and were able to provide me with what I wanted exactly and immediately, as soon as I decided to do it. They didn't pressure me too much to buy it, although they didn't leave me alone completely, which is good because that's how you make sales. They could, however, send me some emails on what they might think I could use that they have once a month, though I do appreciate the reminders every three or five days. Everyone is polite and the price was right.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Sean ** went above and beyond to help me find a low cost plan that met my needs. Appreciate his thoroughness and customer service. Would recommend Insureon and plan on continuing to use Insureon for my insurance needs.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I work closely with the HR department and I noticed that they sometimes need to figure out how to portray insurance for a small business because we are a small business company. Insureon provides small business insurance, and I find it very interesting because they're targeting the small business audience, which is a huge market. Not many competitors focus on that. Their reps were nice, informative and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I needed insurance for a tech company that I started, and I had a colleague who referred Insureon to me. They were quick and easy to work with. The person they assigned me to was very responsive and answered the questions I had. Since working with Insureon, I now have the proper coverage that I need for the kind of work I do. Everything was good. I'd recommend them and I already did to other colleagues in the industry.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

With Insureon, you can have the insurance that you need and I definitely recommend them. The guidance I received from them was very good. They were also responsive and helpful. I had good contact with the person I was in touch with. There was an ease of communication.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I needed insurance and my friends in the insurance business told me Insureon is the best people to talk to. I talked to the reps and they took good care of me. The process was quick, easy and simple and they got me what I needed so it was good. I'm happy with Insureon and I will continue to use them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was online and I had submitted a pre-quote. I had six quotes that day and I liked Insureon's sales pitch and the professionalism once they returned my call. I felt like I was part of the family already, and I wasn’t part of the family yet. I explained what I was looking for, and they catered to my needs. I have the best security with Insureon. I hope we continue to do good business.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I was looking for a cheaper policy and I liked Insureon's pricing. Once I put the quote through, I got a callback within 24 hours. The Insureon rep was very friendly, and he knew the Massachusetts state laws and was able to get me into the right policy. He was very knowledgeable. I, myself, have worked in personal insurance, but I didn't know anything about commercial insurance and he explained the different types of insurance. That way, he could fit me with the right policy that I needed for my business. He was able to text, email and call me with anything I needed.

With my homeowners and my auto, I've only felt comfortable being able to go somewhere that I'm able to walk in and get some help if I need it. Since working with Insureon, I have confidence in going with someone that's not local. I felt confident that over the phone, everything was being taken care of. You could feel confident that with Insureon, you would be taken care of, and you would get the right policy for your needs.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I just retired from the securities side of business and I didn't need to have coverage anymore for the securities. I contacted one of my fixed annuity wholesalers and he recommended Insureon. My interactions with their reps were all online and I normally hate online, but Insureon's was pretty easy. They asked what kind of coverage I wanted, and I got the fixed life and health option. I've been in the business for 45 years, and I've never had a claim or a complaint. So any premium they're charging me is probably too much. But it's insurance. It's a necessary evil.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My agent really came through for my business. He was extremely knowledgeable and service was prompt and comprehensive, which was extremely important as I needed to secure my policies quickly to meet a deadline. I'd definitely recommend to a friend or business colleague.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Working with Insureon was super easy and efficient. I struggled to find the right insurance provider for my small business for nearly 3 years, but once I connected to them it was simple to get exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Sales was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. Couldn't have been easier, not to mention I got a great rate too! I shopped rates and companies (including renewing with my previous carrier) and couldn't find a better deal.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I needed E&O insurance for a contract, but it is one thing I didn't want to get because I've never needed it over the past 20 years of me doing contracting work. Insureon was recommended by one of my consulting buddies. I compared other places and my regular insurance agent really wanted it, but she was a few hundred dollars more expensive. I only filled about half of the paperwork and Suzie, the Insureon representative, called me back up to try to finish it, which I thought was funny. She is an aggressive producer. She finished up and sealed the deal. She offered me two policies from two different providers, but there really wasn't much of a difference between the two and there wasn't much of a need for me to have the more expensive insurance, so it was okay to go in for the more affordable policy.

When the policy comes up again next year, I'll decide if I wanna continue with Insureon or Hartford. Right after I finished opening my policy, my consulting friend said, "Hey, there's a different place you should be getting this from. It's cheaper." Nonetheless, I was happy with the experience with Insureon. They followed up quickly and they wanted me to finish filling up the paperwork. It was a little jarring, but it got the job done.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I started a new consulting company on my own and I wanted to have some insurance because I would be doing a couple of IT jobs. One of my friends recommended me Insureon and provided me the URL. So I went into the website. I got the quote from them and they gave me the best quote. Other than that, I only briefly chatted with them because everything was clear on the things on the website. It was a brief read. Then that representative also gave all the information that I was asking for. He was helpful and that’s what I like about Insureon. I took the insurance then and there, and they gave me the lowest possible monthly payment, which is around $150.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Setting up my LLC insurance for my new business was simple and easy with minimum hassle and was provided with good advice. Compared with other competing providers this was more welcoming and broker was just a quick phone call away.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The insurance company that our company previously had was really difficult to move forward with. We reached around and asked who has had good luck with insurance and our president had a friend who recommended Insureon. We tried them and they made it really easy. We have really good interactions with their reps. I ask them a question and they get back and provide all the answers I need. Insureon is great to work with and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I found Insureon on the internet. I needed it for business and went with them for their rates. My interaction with their rep went real smooth. I would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I started a new company and needed to get insurance for my business. Insureon was easy to work with and it was easy to do everything online in the middle of the night. Their rep was very helpful. Although his knowledge of the product and efficiency was not the greatest, he figured things out to help me.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I inquired with Insureon as they were able to pool the policies and rates of multiple insurance companies. They had some fair quotes for what I was looking for. The interactions I had with their rep was great and the guidance that I was provided with was thorough. I got a good rate and the communication was pretty good. Insureon is a good place to start to look for the insurance that you are searching for to be able to get the best rate.

Insureon expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Established in 2011, to meet the unique needs of small businesses, Insureon is now one of America's fastest-growing small business insurance company. Insureon helps small businesses find insurance policies, and their experienced agents work one-on-one with clients to recommend the best insurance policies for their specific needs.

• Free quotes: Small business owners and managers can get fast, free insurance quotes just by answering a few questions online.

• Insurance products: Insureon helps small businesses evaluate a wide range of insurance products, including general, professional and cyber liability policies, as well as business owner's, errors and omissions, property and umbrella policies.

• InsureonU: InsureonU, an abbreviation of Insureon University, provides educational materials to small businesses so that owners and managers can better understand their insurance needs and the products designed to keep them protected.

• Partners: Insureon works with several A-rated insurance providers to make sure its clients can find the best policies that match their unique needs and budgets.

• Industry knowledge: Over 100,000 small businesses have worked with Insureon over the past decade, so the company's agents are familiar with most industries.

• Best for: Small businesses, freelancers, technology businesses and new companies.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky