Consumer Reviews and Complaints

13%
  • 3 stars2
  • 2 stars4
  • 1 stars2

Insureon makes business insurance simpler. Whether you need General Liability, Professional Liability, or Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Insureon can help you can save time, money, and hassle. With help from an insurance advisor who knows your industry, you’ll find the coverage you need to sign leases, satisfy contract requirements, and meet industry standards. Apply online for coverage.

Call our customer support team if you have questions or concerns about your experience.

Thanks for the excellent customer service! Adriana is awesome. She was responsive, courteous and knowledgeable. Thanks again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first quote I got was from Insureon and I applied with them. When I had to sign the contract, the rep explained to me what the process was going to be. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm still awaiting for the bill to be paid from Insureon, but so far I am happy with what I got. The company that I was supposed to give the insurance sent me info about Insureon. My interactions with their representatives were very pleasant. I, however, didn't need to take on that insurance as I didn't need it at all for anything and didn't get any benefits.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Insureon has been great. They're very responsive and it was very secure working with them. We got what we needed and I’m happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve used Insureon before with previous insurance policies. The service is pretty simple and quick, and I went back to what worked. It's been a seamless experience and I’ll use Insureon again if I need to. It's easy to use and I like the convenience of having it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love working with Insureon. They do everything very well. Their competitive pricing and customer service were great. They were also well-versed on everything including the guidance I received from them. They streamlined everything and are consistent with their work. It's an excellent experience overall.

The Hartford dropped my Commercial General Liability insurance after 2 months, even though I took the Insureon online questionnaire, perfectly truthful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I own a tattoo studio and majority of insurance companies don't cover tattoo studios for whatever reason. Insureon Insurance was one of the few companies that would actually insure my business. Their representatives were friendly and made sure that everything got taken care of. Whenever I spoke to them, there wasn't really anything left on the table and I wasn't confused about anything after. It was all pretty clear.

When I was moving into my new property, there was a lot of changes that we had to make in terms of the type of coverage that we had to have and the minimums of coverage. Insureon was on it and responsive in communicating with both me and the landlord to make sure that the landlord felt comfortable with the insurance that I have and so I could proceed forward. I can't complain about the service at all. Working with Insureon gave me peace of mind, and if anybody ever had issues finding insurance for their type of business, I will tell them to check Insureon if they have something available.

Joe ** was the agent who has been helping me with both general liability and property insurance. He has been extremely knowledgeable and exceptionally attentive to our company.

My sales rep was very active and helped me in obtaining the best quotes in just few hours. Thank you Insureon for assigning her to my account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The policy that Insureon carries was written by a good company at a price that I can afford. And everything was online and electronic so it facilitated buying the policy quite easily. The guidance I received from them was also good.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 10, 2016

The company contacted me and resolved the issue. Very professional.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I got a business owner's insurance with Insureon believing the internet reviews. Terrible mistake. I have liability insurance with them later found that it was almost triple of cost of local insurance company. Not only that they estimated extra $7,000 to cover my 200K assets in my restaurant top of the 3000 + liability which will cost you $10,000+ per year. I tried to cancel the insurance to move other insurance provider. Now they want me to pay 25% of premium. I contact the local insurance agent and said that they never heard about cancellation fee in insurance business and this much cancelling fee may be illegal in Wisconsin. I am submitting a complaint to the State of Wisconsin for business fraud case. This is really bad company. I recommend to use local insurance company who knows better the local condition and law.

Valeria has been extremely attentive. She has followed up with me promptly and done a great job representing your company.

I requested a date to begin my new policy on the same date that my new policy with USLI would begin and it was bound a week or so before the date I requested. Not very impressive. I contacted another wholesaler to take over the quote and the policy somehow got corrected immediately after I was told it would take a few day to fix the Insureon agent's mistake.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have my business insurance with Hartford but it expired. When I was trying to reactivate it, they requested me to go through the partner companies. Insureon provides insurance through Hartford that’s why I went with them. When I called up the rep, she helped me in going through the process and guided me in the insurance. I received my insurance and I know that things are moving on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was asked to take some business insurance from my client. So I shopped for it and I got Insureon. Kenya is good and she takes care of my requests. I submitted the insurance certificate to the client and it is going smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I started a business and I needed an insurance. Insureon came across and their price was fair. I told them what I needed and their rep constantly called to make sure I send in all the paperwork which is good because I'm a very busy guy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Insureon's initial quote was reasonable. Most of the information that I received was thru my internet so that's what made it nice - it's pretty quick. Their reps were pleasant and everything worked out pretty good. The policy is clear and understandable enough, and getting it going was easy. It filled my contract needs with my clients. It's a requirement for me as an engineer so it's good that I'm covered.

We were able to purchase a competitive policy for our Workers' Compensation insurance through Insureon. The website was quirky and many of the details entered initially had to be provided again when the process got more official with actual providers. Our Insureon representative was very polite and helpful. The disappointing part came when we applied to move our general insurance coverage to them. After answering an enormous amount of questions in detail we were told that none of the companies they represent would take our business simply because we have one vacant property in our portfolio that was slated for demolition as part of a development project. It seems as though this "cherry picking" may have some negative effects on the industry. I for one am not thrilled to have my insurance with multiple agents.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed business insurance, so I asked for a quote and Insureon responded. Their rates were better than some of the people I got quotes from. They pretty much provide the same coverage as everybody else, but I went with them because I liked the response I got from their rep who was very helpful. She was very responsive and answered all my questions. She gave me what I needed, so it's an excellent service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need insurance and can't operate my business without it. I was referred to Insureon by another client of theirs. I went with them because of the cost which included everything and because they have the appropriate coverage for my business. It seemed that they handled my account very professionally. I was very happy with their service. My agent guided me as I went through all of the steps to complete my insurance. I've been using them for eight or nine years now, and I've never had an insurance claim, so thank God for that. Everything's been good. They are very timely in informing me when to make payments and when my contract is going to be expiring, and in letting me know about any changes. They're very thorough and cover all the bases. I definitely would recommend them to anybody that needed business insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Insureon offered faster insurance for tech companies, especially tech consulting companies, and I was going through agencies. The city that I operate out of was more on manual process, and I like the way tech insurance has a lot of the information available on a portal for me and the process was quicker. Also, getting a quote from them was easier and the carriers that they work with are pretty flexible. The first representative I worked with came up with multiple options when I requested for a quote. However, when I requested for quotes from the second representative that I worked with, I got quotes from one company first and then there was another company. It caused a delay for me in terms of getting the quote and getting my contract signed with another company.

Probably it's because of the learning curve, but I'd prefer getting a bunch of quotes for me to look at. Maybe she's just a new person but that's something that they could tweak their process a little bit. Overall, the experience with the second associate has been very good and she's been very helpful. There's no hassle and I got the lowest quotes possible, which is what a business owner wants. I also like the customer service because they're pretty fast and efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a new job where I am the employer. My previous vendor who is located in New York referred me to Insureon and recommended the policy that other companies have. Now we have the business insurance from Insureon for the last 8 years since. The insurance itself don't have much impact because they are more on advising me. Their representatives were very knowledgeable. If there are points, I would give the highest rating on that. They're very friendly and very prompt. Most of the times, the response is very quick. They're also very flexible. There are options so I don't have to pay at the beginning and I can pay only when I get the actual policy. I have recommended Insureon to so many of my friends and they took it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to get some insurance and found Insureon on the internet. Their price was comparable to other business insurance providers but they answered more quickly and were more responsive so I went with them. I called and asked about a couple of things, and they were polite, intelligent, and answered the questions well. They seem accurate and I got what I needed to know. The experience was satisfactory and expeditious. I have recommended them to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Customer service was good, signing up was easy and the offer was clear. The guidance I received from Insureon was good but it could've been better. I didn’t know a lot about it at the time, which didn’t help but now I do, so it’s easier. They also remind me when I'm late on a payment which is a good thing. The experience has been positive and efficient, and I'm not planning to change.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for E&O Insurance through the internet and Insureon was the first one that popped up. I sent out an email inquiry to them and a rep answered me, then I got back with them. I was hesitant at first, but the rep kept up with me and we kept going back and forth. I wanted to find somebody locally because I'm one of those old timers who like to do things face-to-face and he did it good. He got what I wanted and went over the details with me. We spoke many times over the phone and he went over all the questions that I had. That's what I appreciated, especially over the phone and even through emails. I got a very good price for my E&O policy. It's the best deal even if I am paying $7 more. It was a very good experience.

Suzie was patient and persistent in just the right proportion. She tolerated the slow pace and made the decision to employ Insureon over the competition.

Very pleased with the experience. As a freelance writer, I had tried to get general liability insurance previously from my regular provider but they declined. Surprised and pleased that Insureon matched me up with a provider. Only downside is that the yearly limit was not as high as what I wanted, but that's okay for now.

Great service. Questions answered quickly and accurately. Sean ** was a delight to work with.

I cannot get a hold of the company at all. They constantly transfer me. All I want to do is make a payment on my account to keep the policy in force. They never have anyone who can help me. I've called 10 times in 3 days and still no one is ever available. If you care about your business, then avoid this company like the plague.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Established in 2011, to meet the unique needs of small businesses, Insureon is now one of America's fastest-growing small business insurance company. Insureon helps small businesses find insurance policies, and their experienced agents work one-on-one with clients to recommend the best insurance policies for their specific needs.

• Free quotes: Small business owners and managers can get fast, free insurance quotes just by answering a few questions online.
  • Insurance products: Insureon helps small businesses evaluate a wide range of insurance products, including general, professional and cyber liability policies, as well as business owner's, errors and omissions, property and umbrella policies.
  • InsureonU: InsureonU, an abbreviation of Insureon University, provides educational materials to small businesses so that owners and managers can better understand their insurance needs and the products designed to keep them protected.
  • Partners: Insureon works with several A-rated insurance providers to make sure its clients can find the best policies that match their unique needs and budgets.
  • Industry knowledge: Over 100,000 small businesses have worked with Insureon over the past decade, so the company's agents are familiar with most industries.
  • Best for Small businesses, freelancers, technology businesses and new companies.

Insureon Company Profile