Call toll free
4.40/5
Based on 169 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Insureon makes protecting your business easy. Whether you need General Liability, Professional Liability, or Workers’ Comp, our hassle-free process can save you time and money. We curate quotes from the country’s top insurance companies, then connect you with an adviser who knows your industry. They’ll help you choose the policies you need to sign leases, satisfy contract requirements, and meet industry standards. Apply online for coverage!​

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

169 Insureon Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Requested quote online. 5 days later, no response. Requested another quote online. Again no response. Receive automated Insureon e-mail saying my quote is ready and to call agent to set it up. Leave 3 voicemails. No response or call back. Eventually just call Insureon's main number directly to see if someone else can pull my quote. They redirect me back to the same agent, telling me that if I leave him a message saying I'm ready to bind coverage immediately that he'll respond then. Couple days later the agent e-mails me a list of questions to prep my quote. I answer them all. You'll never guess what happened next - Never provided quote, never responded to e-mail. Found an Acuity agent who can answer the phone and return calls like a professional normally does. Thanks for wasting my time, Insureon and Agent Dan **.

Insureon response

Hello Alexander, thank you for taking time to leave a detailed review. I'm sorry that you've had such an unfavorable time with us and would like the opportunity to resolve this situation. I've passed on your information to the department manager who is currently reviewing. We will be in touch with you very soon. Apologies, once again.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Horrible, agent gave no information regarding payments nor about policy. Just sent me an email with a form to fill out. I would call and send emails with no response. I needed a GL insurance for small seasonal landscaping. I filled out the form, and sent it. A month later I had to cancel due to work problems. I found out that the Insureon took out a loan for the policy. I thought I had to pay monthly statements, they took out a loan amount of 1240.00, also I paid 500 dollars upfront thinking it would go towards my policy, I found out later that they were all sign up fees.

When I canceled I notice I was still getting bills in the mail, I kept emailing and calling. Sooner or later I found out that it takes up to 40 days or more to cancel the policy, complete BS. I just received a check for 780.00 from Insureon. I only had the policy for a month, yet they shafted me almost 500 dollars plus the signup fee. So just to cancel this insurance cost me over 1k for a month of insurance, for GL to cut grass. Horrible. And the sad thing is I still have a 828 dollar balance for this insurance company. They only sent me out a check for 780.00 dollars.

How do you charge a 500 dollar sign up fee for a policy for 1240 dollars, almost half of what the GL yearly payment is. What type of BS is this. I feel ripped off, and extorted. I will be talking to my accountant and an attorney about this. Why does it take more than 40 days after I sign the e-document for canceling the insurance? I have had so many GL insurance companies cancel that same day and send me every penny that was not used. Something is wrong here and I will get to the bottom of this.

Insureon response

Hello Ozgur, thank you for taking the time to write very thorough feedback. I'm sorry that this experience has been unfavorable and inconvenient for you. Please also accept my apologies for the delayed response - I routed your feedback to upper management who is currently looking into your account to see how this may be resolved. Thank you so much for your patience. We will be in touch with you directly soon.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I paid for flood insurance, have the receipt, Insureon confirms payment. Yet I received a cancellation notice from the underwriter for reason of non payment a month after I purchased the annual policy. When I contacted my Insureon agent, he said Insureon's accounting department had made a mistake. I've been sending follow-up emails and getting radio silence. Two months after paying for insurance I am left uncovered and spending too much time trying to chase down Insureon. Agent seems like it's not his problem and he can't be bothered. I'm giving it 3 more days and then I'm going to give up and try a chargeback with the CC company. Businesses occasionally make mistakes. It's how they handle the mistakes that show their character. In case of Insureon, it is very low character indeed. Maybe the state AG needs to hear about this.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I came to Insureon looking help in securing an affordable rate of general liability and umbrella insurance for my small business. I recently spun off my recruiting firm from my previous company, so for me to even get business at all I needed to have comprehensive coverage and I needed to get it fast. I requested a quote from Insureon and, within a couple of hours, I got a call from an agent named Raynaldo, who then proceeded to find some great options for me and guided me through the financing and paperwork process quickly. Thankfully, he wasn't in a huge rush and he was able to spot another great offer from USLI that saved us a ton of money for the same amount of coverage. He double-checked the insurance requirements from my clients and made adjustments to the policies he searched for based upon that information as well.

Through the entire process he made himself available via email and phone, and returned phone calls promptly, never missing a deadline. It's rare to have this phenomenal a customer service experience nowadays and I certainly wasn't expecting to get it from insurance brokers but Raynaldo and Insureon have definitely changed my mind about that. They should be proud of their work. I know exactly where I will be coming for future insurance products.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I needed an expedited quote for General Liability. I spent about 10 minutes filling out the required questions and had my quote in two minutes. I wanted to proceed to the next phase but I had questions that I needed to ask the agent. I sent two separate emails the day I got my quote on 9/28 and waited patiently. On Oct 3 I called at night and got an answering service who told me that someone would call me the next day from the office if the agent could not be reached. Oct 4th, I left a voice mail with the agent and asked to call me. I waited until mid afternoon and called the main office again to report the non communication and I would please like for someone to call me back.

They reached out to the office and the agent again and he stated, "Get a verbal. We will be good to go." I said no, I would like to speak to him as I have questions I need answered. So 5 tried attempts on my part to talk to the agent and he will not call me back, but he wanted me to give a verbal that I was good to go with signing up. I stated that if this is the type of customer service your company officers them I'm out of here. I would hate to see what the customer service would be like if I had a freaking claim. Kyle ** needs to be replaced. I would hope the rest of the company is not like him. Too bad he was the only one I keep getting directed to and no one else bothered to help out, even when they said if my agent could not be reached they would have someone from the office get in touch with me... Liar.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?

Original review: June 7, 2017

I got a business insurance from Insureon because their price and service were not that bad. Everything I did was by phone so it was easy. The representative, Angie, was great on the phone and she was very polite. So far, it’s good.

Original review: June 2, 2017

We needed a business insurance so we shopped around and Insureon had one of the best rates. The process was really quick and easy. It took us a day or two before we got it set up because we were emailing, but the actual transaction went really fast. The representative called me at one point and she gave me the policy. I went through the policy and I read most of the information online. I'm very new to this but I'm very satisfied so far.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I paid Insureon for a full year of insurance. Unfortunately I had to close my business and requested a refund of the unused portion. I was told a refund would be made after submitting a cancellation form. After submitting my form I waited. After several weeks I reached out to my agent and he told me I needed to resubmit my form. After resubmitting my form and waiting for several more weeks I submitted no less than 10 emails trying to get information on the progress of my refund. My initial email was sent February 12 and today May 31st I have sent more emails with no explanation why I haven't received my refund. I purchased this insurance in good faith and as a small business owner would be completely hesitate of doing business with Insureon ever again.

Insureon response

We're sorry you've been having issues with your refund, but you should be receiving it soon. We will continue to monitor this situation.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The interaction with Insureon was very positive. The representatives explained the coverage and the things that they offer very well. I had a good experience and I am satisfied.

Original review: May 29, 2017

My insurance has lapsed, which I didn’t know at that point. So I looked for a new policy with better rates. I went through online and I picked up Insureon. Their rates were a little bit better and it was a quick and easy process. The reps were good and they were straightforward and simpler. In general, the guidance I've received was good and I was satisfied with it.

Original review: May 27, 2017

The guidance that we received from Insureon reps is very good. They are professional and courteous. The ease of communication has been one of the benefits since we started using them.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I had to get an insurance to continue doing business with one of my clients. When I first signed on with Insureon, my interactions with their reps were fine. The gentleman who took care of me explained everything to me. He sent me the forms and I signed everything. He took care of the questions I had and what I needed. He did his job well. I mailed him a check and the payment has been automatic every year since. I wish the monthly payments were lower though. It's not Insureon's fault, but I’m being forced by my client to keep a certain amount of insurance which I wouldn’t mind if I was doing a humongous amount of business. But I am a small pea in a large pot and yet I’ve got to pay the same insurance as a multi-million dollar company. Nevertheless, I’m very satisfied with Insureon because I haven’t had to have any interaction to prove otherwise.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Insurance people would quote rates which were not that attractive but Insureon offered a good deal. They get the cheapest one because they deal with a lot of other insurance companies. I personally saved about $1,000 a year. Also, I had an excellent interaction with their representative and I'm going to refer her to a lot of people. I’ve been in business for a long time and I know a lot of business community people. The way Insureon conducts its business is remarkable and there should be more people like theirs so business would be very easy.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Not being in the industry field, I depend on my agent/representative to give me the coverage I need. Everything seems fine in the beginning. You say what you need. They give a quote. You submit payment. You have coverage, and you feel good. Why wouldn't you? You just got the coverage you need and saved a lot of money getting that coverage. BUT WAIT! Six months later, someone throws a concrete block through your front door, which is nothing but glass at 2:30 AM. This vandal, then enters your business looking for anything of value with no care as to any other damage done.

You finally reach a claim representative during normal business hours and, you then find out, those beautiful storefront windows and doors that you stressed NEEDED covered MAY NOT be covered and, the insurance company is leaning towards NOT covered. "Gather up a list of damages and losses and the cost and, we'll begin assessing what is covered but, your deductible is $1,000 so, you are responsible for the first $1,000 but, if we decide not to cover the door, it will not count towards your deductible." I then call the agent whose response to the broken door/window is "I thought it was covered. I don't write the policies so, I don't understand all of the legal terms they use." Unbelievable! Canceling the policy has been just as bad. I can't wait until the cancellation is finalized and, I don't have to deal with any of these people any longer!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Everything has been great with Insureon. Their reps are friendly and very informative. But I wish they would pay for the bill and for my insurance.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I got a quote from Insureon and I had an idea about how much it's going to cost. It was a good price. I communicated with their reps through email and it went well. It has been a good experience overall.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Insureon is great. I was just looking for a compensation insurance then and I found them online. I didn't pick them actually, and they didn't give me a quote first. They came after me with a quote later on and eventually things have worked out. I gave them credit because they communicated with me even after they didn't have the initial item that I was looking for. Their representatives were friendly, knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. The guidance that I received in discussing my insurance has been great. I just did everything in getting what I needed as far as the insurance that I was looking for at the time.

Original review: May 21, 2017

When I was looking for insurance providers online, I saw Insureon and tried it. The price was okay and it went pretty well with their reps. They always helped and tried to do their best to give me what I need. They were also friendly and knowledgeable. They explained to me and tried to make sure I understood what I’m getting or what I need to know or get. It’s good to have business with them.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I had to plan a liability insurance with my wife's old company and she found Insureon for me then went with them because of their rates. At the end of each year, I haven't gotten word that my insurance has ended. It never comes to my email. Last time I got rates somewhere and then found out that I didn't have insurance for three months. If I have cancellations, I need some more notices than what I get. Other than that, things are going great.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I'm always shopping around trying to get the better rate. Insureon had cheaper rates and I called them about getting the policy. They were really helpful in telling me about what I should and shouldn't have.

Original review: May 18, 2017

We do residential remodeling and reconstruction. It's my first time that I've ever had to have a business insurance and Insureon's pricing was reasonable. They also have been very fair and thorough in discussing my business insurance. Having Insureon helps in business growth. Aside from it being a requirement, customers ask if you have one and they get some assurance. Their rep, Valerie, is always in contact with me if I need something and if I email her, she responds right away, but if she can't do it, she turns to her rep. I had to have several changes to my policy and they've always done it in less than 24 hours.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I’ve used Insureon for a few years now and I'm happy with them. I chose them over others because of their rates. The interactions I had with the reps were mostly done online and email. Doing it online was easy. The guidance I have received when discussing our business insurance was great. Also, the monthly payments were easy and it was electronic.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Insureon was recommended by a company called Acushield, which services Assisted Living facilities as far as making sure that private caregivers coming on their property have the right credentials. We have to go through them and each facility is different in the amount of the insurances that they require you to have at the company if you want to continue to offer care to their residents. Travellers Insurance was not willing to up the limits on my general aggregate policy so I had to search for a different company.

Because we’re in a business that nobody wants to insure anymore, Insureon was able to find an insurance company that route these home health care policies. The gentleman that I’ve spoken with was the one that was able to find me a policy. He was very nice and found a company pretty fast compared to the insurance company I had been with for over 20 years who couldn’t find anything. He answered all my questions at the end and I felt very comfortable.

Original review: May 14, 2017

My father is a Certified Residential Appraiser for over 40 years and read about Insureon. The quotes he got from them were what we were looking for. Most interactions we had with them have been good and dealt with promptly. The response to have me added to the insurance was a little bit slower, but once we got it handled it was good. Our lady has been very responsive this time with our things that we were changing, and that's a good thing. Insureon does what we need them to do and we're covered.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We had insurance before and I was trying to find a better option in terms of cost. I wanted a better value. I searched in Google and I called the Insureon representatives several times to get all the insurance straight. Most of my interactions with them was done online in the beginning and they did a good job in providing me with guidance about the business insurance. Since I've been with them, I experience lower cost and the ease of being able to print my certificates for our coverage to send to my customers when they request them. I have to be covered by the State of Texas. I have to have a certain amount of general liability coverage and my customers request proof of that. So instead of calling somebody and go through all the rigmarole of getting the certificates, I go online and do everything at the same time or within a couple of hours if it has to be approved. I'm happy with the product that Insureon offers.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The policy payment was made in full on 4/6/2017 via Insureon's payment portal site. Agent, Denise ** claimed the payment was forwarded to Hartford on 4/7/2017 and that the payment would be applied to the account within 10 business days. After the 10 business days passed, I contacted Denise several times regarding the payment and she assured me that it was sent and confirmed it with the Hartford billing department. I spoke to a Hartford customer service rep on 5/8/2017 and they informed me that the payment is still due for the full amount and that there were no notes in the system from my agent regarding the payment status. This has been the worst service I've ever experienced. I would expect a phone call from a supervisor to resolve this matter or I will file a formal complaint.

Insureon response

We’re sorry you’ve had a negative experience with us. We will look into this situation right away.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I emailed the representative I had before for tech insurance but he was no longer with the company. Somebody picked up the email because I had dropped my insurance program since I wasn’t doing any business through my company for a while and the new representative emailed me and pointed me to the online application. I filled it out and she responded very quickly that they received the information and that she’d be gathering quotes. Once the quotes were in, she let me know that they were available.

I went through the quotes and selected the apps that best met our needs and she took care of getting everything set up. She was very helpful in walking me through the wording that was in our contract as far as what insurance coverage we were required to have to make sure that the coverage I was selecting was appropriate. I selected the coverage and she got us set up to go ahead with it. Insureon provides peace of mind having set aside the requirements in the contract that we have with our clients and knowing we're covered if anything happens. They met our needs and were very responsive.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I was trying to find the best broker, the best help, online. I found Insureon and have been with them for three years now. They've been great across the board. I love them and have recommended them.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Searching online for insurance, I came across this company and was pleased with how quickly and affordably they found insurance for my business. I had contacted a couple of local companies and Insureon got me a quote of almost half what the locals had quoted. They have been great to work with.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I liked using the Insureon feature. The follow-up with an actual person was really helpful. He made sure I got the insurance amount that I needed for my business, and took time to listen to what I really needed. It was nice to be able to review quotes so easily. I had started a quote and come back to finish it later, and got different amounts each time. Just FYI the more info you put in, the more accurate your quote will be. I like that they follow up but aren't spam-y.

Insureon expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Established in 2011, to meet the unique needs of small businesses, Insureon is now one of America's fastest-growing small business insurance company. Insureon helps small businesses find insurance policies, and their experienced agents work one-on-one with clients to recommend the best insurance policies for their specific needs.

• Free quotes: Small business owners and managers can get fast, free insurance quotes just by answering a few questions online.

• Insurance products: Insureon helps small businesses evaluate a wide range of insurance products, including general, professional and cyber liability policies, as well as business owner's, errors and omissions, property and umbrella policies.

• InsureonU: InsureonU, an abbreviation of Insureon University, provides educational materials to small businesses so that owners and managers can better understand their insurance needs and the products designed to keep them protected.

• Partners: Insureon works with several A-rated insurance providers to make sure its clients can find the best policies that match their unique needs and budgets.

• Industry knowledge: Over 100,000 small businesses have worked with Insureon over the past decade, so the company's agents are familiar with most industries.

• Best for: Small businesses, freelancers, technology businesses and new companies.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky