4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Insureon makes protecting your business easy. Whether you need General Liability, Professional Liability, or Workers’ Comp, our hassle-free process can save you time and money. We curate quotes from the country’s top insurance companies, then connect you with an adviser who knows your industry. They’ll help you choose the policies you need to sign leases, satisfy contract requirements, and meet industry standards. Apply online for coverage!​

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

280 Insureon Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 18, 2019

I was doing an online search and found Insureon. I inquired about their insurance since I could search multiple vendors. Insureon got back to me right away and I was able to call and ask questions, so I went with them. It was good dealing with their representative. Most of the time, he was available and when I left messages he returned my calls right away. The main thing I like is that the agent I worked with answered my emails in a timely manner and he was available when I called him and had questions.

The main thing is that when I put in one set of circumstances to put in insurance, the site would show providers. Then if I changed the scenario a little bit because I wanted to change the amount of the property damage coverage, I would lose all those providers of the other scenario that I had put in earlier. When I put in a different amount, it changed all the providers, but then when I tried to go back, it didn’t go back very easily. It was a little tough in that area. It would be great if it had a thing where I could put in scenario one and scenario two and compare them side by side and see what the difference is.

The agent did a good job as far as the insurance part. But what I’m still not positive about is how I’m supposed to pay for my insurance as I haven’t received and seen anything about that. I could check with my partners and see if they have received anything about payment. But we were talking about this last night and we were asking if we should be paying for our insurance because the insurance company contacted me to be able to bind the property owner to the policy. But other than that, nobody ever asked us if we were gonna pay them. Nevertheless, my experience with Insureon was quick and easy. Overall, it was a great experience.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I set up a new company and I started working as an independent contractor. The company that I was going to do a contract with had a requirement that I should have insurance for general liability and professional technical liability. They recommended Insureon and told me that this is one of the most affordable and kind of good insurance that I could look into. There was another company, but I didn't find their quote to be comparable with the one that I got from Insureon. So, I ended up with Insureon.

When I initially contacted the representative who sent me an email then gave me a call, she was nice. But by the time that I really wanted to buy the insurance, I was not able to get back to her. I tried calling her multiple times and I left messages. Then, a guy came up, took over, and guided me through everything. He also helped set up my insurance in the proper timeframe as I was supposed to start working and the company needed the insurance details in a required time limit. There was some anxiety but, overall, I think it was good.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I needed E&O insurance for a contract, but it is one thing I didn't want to get because I've never needed it over the past 20 years of me doing contracting work. Insureon was recommended by one of my consulting buddies. I compared other places and my regular insurance agent really wanted it, but she was a few hundred dollars more expensive. I only filled about half of the paperwork and Suzie, the Insureon representative, called me back up to try to finish it, which I thought was funny. She is an aggressive producer. She finished up and sealed the deal. She offered me two policies from two different providers, but there really wasn't much of a difference between the two and there wasn't much of a need for me to have the more expensive insurance, so it was okay to go in for the more affordable policy.

When the policy comes up again next year, I'll decide if I wanna continue with Insureon or Hartford. Right after I finished opening my policy, my consulting friend said, "Hey, there's a different place you should be getting this from. It's cheaper." Nonetheless, I was happy with the experience with Insureon. They followed up quickly and they wanted me to finish filling up the paperwork. It was a little jarring, but it got the job done.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I liked the convenience of Insureon and that they would act fast. I was contacting some local agents and surprisingly, they were really slow responding and transacting it than Insureon was over the internet, so I went with Insureon in part because of that. The local companies allowed me to do the application online too, but at that point, it became a matter of how fast they would respond to me, and Insureon was faster. There were so many emails that went back and forth with an agent and I had a couple of phone calls through the process and got things lined up after getting the insurance instated.

Their level of customer service was great and the reps were very responsive. They answered their calls personally when I called. I called them about three times and the agent that I was dealing with answered his own phone. I did not have to leave a message. I may have gotten lucky on that, but it was neat. I feel good about the business insurance. However, my address was taken in wrong by Insureon, it didn’t have my suite number right and one experience post-getting coverage was I didn’t get my policy statement and things in the mail. So, I followed up and got a hold of the insurance company and I got a hold of my agent first. He got me in touch with the insurance company and they called me right back and got it fixed immediately, and the policy was in the mail around two days later. I would tell my friends to go to Insureon.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I'm 62 years old and I'm in the same industry since high school - aluminum, carports, and glass rooms. I had two different suppliers, one was Four Seasons Building Product and the other was Texas Aluminum. I left Four Seasons because of some issues that I had with the management. I decided to start my own business since I've been in Dallas my whole life and I know about 60 different contractors that build products. They all said, "Hey, you can do our work for us. We know your work ethics." I said that if I'm gonna do this right, I'm gonna get general liability. I'm gonna get everything I need and get a couple of men I could train to install.

I reached out to Insureon and they did a good job getting me insurance and got me set up. They also had a good website. However, we had one issue when they took the first payment out as they did it two times, but they gave me credit on the other money two days later. Other than that, their guidance regarding my business insurance options went very well and they kept me informed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insureon?

Original review: June 12, 2019

I want to say state that I had a good initial experience w/ Insureon. I was a new startup business that needed general liability insurance. When I needed something they did come through. However, fast forward a year and I realized that I could get the same coverage for MUCH cheaper. I gave them the opportunity to re-quote but it never happened. The price was going to stay the same. No problem - I get my new policy and close out my account only to find out that the gentlemen from Insureon have given me a little bad information. Said I was covered for up to a certain amount of business. Long story short because of the salesman telling a tall tale I had to pay an additional $200, (this after paying way more than I should have) That's business, when I approached them about the incorrect information I was given, they couldn't have cared less. I'll never do business with them again nor would I suggest to someone to do business with Insureon.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I’ve had General Liability and Umbrella Liability Policies for my business with them for years. We chose them when we first started our Small Business because of the price, and how easy and fast it is to get insurance certificates on the portal. The only reason we haven’t switched is because of the price, however we plan to pay the extra for a better company at the end of our policy this year because of how awful these people are. They only give you the contact information for your “agent,” every year we have a different agent, and can never get a hold of any of them via phone or email. In recent years we’ve needed to provide some specific documentation from our policies to contractors that isn’t readily available like certificates are, last year it took 3 months for my agent to send me two pages that should have been, but weren’t included in my copy of the policies, this year they never sent me updated copies of our policies.

I can’t get anyone to respond to my numerous emails or phone calls. When I did speak with my “agent” last week about what I needed she kept telling me she was sending it via email and it just wouldn’t go through. I don’t understand why she wouldn’t have contacted me right away if that was truly the case. Once I finally received what I needed, it was the documentation from last year so it was expired. If you try to call to speak with customer service or a manager they will send you to your agent, and say leave a message and they’ll contact you within 24 hours, which they never do.

The only way to speak to someone else is to go to their website and do a live chat and pretend to be a potential new customer. This place is a complete joke, and it’s affecting my business. (For the record, it took my workers Comp insurance company all of 15 seconds to answer the phone and email me the same documentation from that policy, that I’ve requested from Insureon.) Get a real insurance insurance agency, they aren’t worth the savings, unless you want your customers to think you’re completely unorganized and don’t mind always being late to start jobs.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I had a very good and quick experience with Insureon. We had to do get business insurance quickly, which the rep knew, and he did it fast. He was very good and he did his job. I had to answer questions so they could offer a quote on what I sold that year.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I was buying an insurance policy and price was the main factor in my decision to inquire about the Insureon policies. The process moved along quickly and my interactions with them were all positive. It was pretty good.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I really needed insurance right on the spot just recently, so I gave Insureon a call. The first time I signed up, their process was pretty fast as far getting the certificate and getting approved was concerned. They helped me figure out what was best for me right now. They also let me know that if I ever extend, I could just add on and take off whenever I wanted. When I originally needed the insurance, I reached out to the old agent. They let me know that they didn’t work for the company anymore and were just helping me out. A week later, somebody else had reached out to me. I wish I didn’t have to wait that long to get a response. Still, I can go through the website and modify anything if I need to. I don’t have to wait for an agent to do it, which is convenient and a lot easier for me.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My experience with Insureon was good. Their rates were pretty much the best I could find. Everything was efficient time-wise. Time is money and I don't have lots of time. And they were quick to give me what I needed and we transitioned from my old company.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Insureon was recommended through my phone provider. I've been with Insureon for maybe six years now, and I've had no issues. Since partnering with Insureon I've had a phone replaced and the interactions I've had with the reps, as well as customer service, have been fine.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I came across Insureon through the internet. Although I looked at a few others, I like Insureon's pricing, as well as its simplicity of sorting the quote out. The rep I worked with asked lots of questions to make sure everything that I put down was right, and that everybody was happy with what it all was. And while the guidance I received was okay, when I looked at the business insurance plan, the price kept going up for one reason or another. Although it was only a few dollars, I never understood why. They started it somewhere about 5.50 and then wound up 6.10. Still, Insureon is good. I set it up and put them on my website to say I am insured by them.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was looking for general liability insurance for business and Insureon offered the amount of coverage that I was looking for at the rate that I was willing to pay. The rep who I dealt with was very helpful, considerate and professional. I’ve been satisfied with my initial experience with Insureon.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I found out that Insureon did business through the guy who did my insurance, Kevin, and everything worked out great. I thought it was gonna be really hard but I said three words and they knew what I needed. They’re very knowledgeable, which is a good thing, especially if you don’t really know what you’re doing, because I’m not an insurance person. Their professionalism and the knowledge that they have are great assets to the company, besides recognizing and treating me like a person. They guided me very well on what I needed and I even got more. I’ve had enough to cover everything.

It was also a very easy process because when you deal with someone who knows what they’re doing, that makes it great. So I felt good afterwards. I didn’t have the worries that I was having before I started. Every time I call, it’s a good thing as well. They would talk with me and then advise me to feel free to contact them if I had any other question. I would definitely refer them to someone else.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I decided after being in business for as long as I have been that I should get some small business insurance. I went to Insureon’s website and chose an insurance provider from there. I did everything through there and enjoyed being able to get everything done online.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Insureon was recommended by a friend and I used them for the general liability insurance. The price was more than I expected and there was also a moment when they were in a rush and I had to call a few times. I would also write an email and I needed some help. At some point, somebody found time but it was like late after work. But those things aside, it was a positive experience.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We needed insurance for cosmetology and Insureon had the best price among business insurance providers. Getting everything set up was extremely easy. Everything was done online, then I made a quick 10-minute call and that was it. I would definitely tell a friend to go with them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I found Insureon through a Google search and got with them considering the ease of use, but I actually ended up contracting through another company. I was not able to get enough quotes from Insureon. I was fairly honest about past history on data security, which may have limited the results, as there was only one choice when I went through them. It was close but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. It was a combination of liability insurance and cyber insurance. The business insurance that was being offered wasn't really broad enough to cover what I thought I needed to cover. It was a lot of work to get to the end, and then, I didn't get what I wanted, but it wasn't terrible.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I needed to set myself over the Corporate Court so I had to have my own personal business insurance. I reached out to Insureon and solicited their services. My interactions with their rep were wonderful and very straightforward. I needed certain policies in place that were mandated to me by the client that I was gonna work for, and he catered to what my needs were. He's always helpful and attentive to whatever I needed so I appreciate it. With Insureon, I have peace of mind knowing that I have the type of insurance that I need should anything occur. My experience has been great so far and I'm hoping to keep that same relationship with them.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I took on the insurance with Insureon to do a contracting gig. Insureon has low rates, and signing up with them was super easy, simple and reasonable. It was a quick phone call, and we talked about what the limits are and what I needed.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I liked that Insureon had a low price and good coverage. I was offered their insurance when I purchased a product. I know things break all the time such as a cell phone and for a reasonable price, I was happy to get mine covered. Mine broke and it was fixed really easily. There is a little deductible but it was a really easy process. It wasn't like I needed to submit pages of paperwork for everything. Pretty quickly, they said I was approved and told me whether they were going to ship me a new device or send me a check. It was all really clear. Once that first claim worked really well, I was happy to buy their insurance for everything else, so long as the price is right. I recommend Insureon.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I was looking for commercial liability insurance and found Insureon online. Price was the major factor for me for choosing them over the other companies. The people at Insureon were very professional, and I had good interactions with the rep. The guidance I received was good, straight to the point and very directive, and I was able to get a cheaper rate.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Insureon was referred to me so I called and talked to a guy that I was really impressed with. After talking with him, I felt okay about doing it. He sounded well-experienced. He let me know what product was available and was really friendly. There was another one I called before that, and I wasn’t happy with just the compensation. But now with Insureon I’m confident that I have insurance.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Insureon explained everything pretty good. They made it pretty self-explanatory when discussing the insurance. I got the insurance now and the payment is decent.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Traditional business insurance takes so much time. I came upon Insureon after doing an internet search and it was very easy to get a response and quote from them. They have a very fast turnaround. Also, their ease of use and their ability to get multiple quotes, which was very helpful, were big factors as to why we ended up using their service. I had very minimal interactions with their reps but when I got a call, it was fairly straightforward and it was a good experience. They were able to answer very high-level questions, which I needed. Overall, my experience with Insureon was very fast and pleasant. The only piece of feedback I have for them is on the number of options they give. It would be great to see more. But you can do everything online and there's no obligation. Give them a go and go from there.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I found Insureon insurance on the internet and I helped my wife with them because she’s still learning English. I checked around for prices, found a website that compared prices, and Insureon's prices were the best. So, I inquired about them and dealing with their representatives was very good and satisfactory. They had very high professionalism and were very friendly. Everything was cut-and-dry. I had a good idea of what I needed, so I didn’t ask a lot of questions. Insureon was very reasonable and I was happy with my experience with them. It was very easy and non-hassle to access, take care of, and expedite what we needed. Since using Insureon insurance, we've had peace of mind.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I did web searches for different insurance brokers and Insureon offered multiple types of insurance that I was interested in. They had a lot of options for each insurance. I went through a couple of other brokers as well, and I would only get two insurance companies back. The interaction I had with the Insureon rep was mostly by email, but it was very helpful. The rep called me once. We talked and he helped me through the process. The guidance I got was good. I knew what I wanted, but they presented all the differences between the plans clearly. With Insureon, I had a lot of choices on setting up billing options and it was easy for billing purposes. They also got me my PDFs quickly of my coverage. My experience was smooth, their online web portrayal was good, and their quoting system was easy to use. I would recommend it to my friends if they need multiple types of insurance. It’s the best place to start.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I was looking just to get an errors and omissions insurance from Insureon. And then, I was searching for different appointments and I saw that Insureon provides the platform for startup businesses. However, the application takes a long time. And then, I tried two claims and both were rejected. Nobody did anything.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I was starting a small business which was why I inquired about insurance and in the beginning, the experience with Insureon was great. I got a lot of responses and then, after they had me with a carrier, I have yet to hear back from them. I've left five messages and three emails but I never had a phone call or returned email from anybody. I don’t plan on renewing with them. I will find somebody else because it's been that bad.

I told them originally that I was gonna be moving to a new address within three weeks after we signed everything. The rep told me to let him know once I change my address and they would get it changed. I emailed and called because we're in a new address now and I'm worried if we're even insured. By the fifth voicemail I left, I was not extremely friendly. They got the address changed because the carrier, CNA, contacted me with the address change documents but Insureon never responded to me and let me know they were doing it.

Insureon expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Established in 2011, to meet the unique needs of small businesses, Insureon is now one of America's fastest-growing small business insurance company. Insureon helps small businesses find insurance policies, and their experienced agents work one-on-one with clients to recommend the best insurance policies for their specific needs.

• Free quotes: Small business owners and managers can get fast, free insurance quotes just by answering a few questions online.

• Insurance products: Insureon helps small businesses evaluate a wide range of insurance products, including general, professional and cyber liability policies, as well as business owner's, errors and omissions, property and umbrella policies.

• InsureonU: InsureonU, an abbreviation of Insureon University, provides educational materials to small businesses so that owners and managers can better understand their insurance needs and the products designed to keep them protected.

• Partners: Insureon works with several A-rated insurance providers to make sure its clients can find the best policies that match their unique needs and budgets.

• Industry knowledge: Over 100,000 small businesses have worked with Insureon over the past decade, so the company's agents are familiar with most industries.

• Best for: Small businesses, freelancers, technology businesses and new companies.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky