GEICO

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had GEICO for 6 months now and I had got my tires stolen off my brand new 2017 car that also had got scratched which looks like who ever stole my tires must of rub against my car while take the tires and left a scratched at the bottom of the back passenger door. I called GEICO and made a claim and told them everything. They told me don't worry they will have a inspector come and inspect the car and give a estimate of the damages and I will just have to pay my deductible. The inspector called about a week later and gave me the estimate which only covered the tires and not the scratch. I asked him why and he told me he didn't see any scratch probably because it was dark while he was inspecting my car. I asked him why would you inspect a car in the dark.

He told me that I can tell the company that was doing the repairs they can send over a supplement and that he would go back to inspect again and add it on to my estimate and i'll just pay my deductible. Another week goes by I get a call and GEICO tells me they can't add the scratch on because it don't look related. My car is brand new, never been in any accident and once my tires was stolen there was a scratch right where the tires was stolen. How can they say it wasn't related and how do they know that. I thought that was why people get full auto coverage and a brand new car but it seems like GEICO are beating people out of their money. They don't mind taking your money but don't want to pay out when its time for them to. I canceled my policy with them and trust me I will not be going back. I feel like they also robbed me.

Was at my girlfriend’s place, woke up. Walked to the Prius car and noticed damage to the back driver side bumper area. Reported this to Geico and 24 days later the only person who's contact Geico has been me. Furthermore, they are refusing to accept this claim. They are arguing this damage was already there. They will have to prove this I'm guessing as we plan on filing a LAWSUIT for Breach of Contract if Geico doesn't take control of this situation "YESTERDAY". Like others on this site, any attempt to contact claims automatically takes us to a voicemail. I'm guessing it's their attempt to sweep this case under the rug. Well, do I have news for them.

If GEICO is doing this to many people maybe it's time to consider Class Action Representation… consumer affairs doesn't seem to do much. Another part of the story... I'm currently in the process of an "Underinsured Claim" claim against Geico. Maybe they don't like this so they are trying to figure out a way to take back their losses. Did I mention that the action Geico took on the day I reported the claim was... they raised my rates... can. No reply, no call back, just raised my rates. And they also lowered my coverage without telling me. According to them I'm supposed to get my updated coverage via email... which I asked for because I never received it.

I was hit from behind by a GEICO insurance holder in late July. GEICO immediately called me to tell me that they accepted full responsibility for the accident and that no deductible would be involved in getting the car repaired. While the accident was low speed, our relatively new Tucson sustained nearly $2000 in repair costs. I went to the auto repair shop they recommended (my own insurance company also uses them).

All seemed to be going well ("seemed" is the operative word) and it looked like it would be completed in about two weeks. So far, so good. The GEICO adjuster at this facility was supposed to be following the cars' progress and keeping us updated. When we went to pick up the car, the supervisor at the car facility showed us the repairs to the back and lift gate which looked terrific. When we were about to leave with our car repaired, I went to open the lift gate to put an item in, and then the problems began. The lift gate opened only with great effort, NOT the way the car went in for repair. Suddenly, the person transferring the car back to us told us that, in fact, the right lift cylinder was broken (he suggested from the beginning of the repair). He said his mechanics had to hold it up with a special tool/rod to do their work.

Odd, no one, not the repair shop or my GEICO "advisor" who was pledged to keep me informed throughout this process ever contacted me over that 8 days AND wouldn't have ever told me unless I had tried unsuccessfully to open it while still in their parking lot! Never, during this process except at the original intake of the car, did I see my "advisor!" It was also complicated by the fact that while fixing this very lift gate that the mechanic had needed to "drill out some rivets," two of which still had their heads making noises like metal washers on a kid's slide whenever the gate was lifted... And still they failed to even mention this?

The auto repair facility offered to put on two new lift cylinders with no charge but I would have to buy them myself (they claimed that the oil/dirt on the right side cylinder evidenced that this was my problem, not theirs). But, to do so would take ANOTHER full day at the shop the following week if I chose to go that route. By this time my wife and I are VERY frustrated and disappointed by the process, or the lack thereof.

The following Monday, caught between having a broken liftgate and this situation, I told him to order the parts and my wife and I would bring it in to repair the liftgate and get rid of the sound associated with the first repair. He said plan on about 30 minutes to do the job. We brought the car back in at the end of the week, prepared to wait the 20-30 minutes and be off with our car. Unfortunately, after 90+ minutes and one false start, the supervisor (again, NO GEICO person around) said that they had been unable to get rid of the sound in the lift gate (they were able to fish out one of the two rivet heads, but not the other). Sooo, it was either live with the noise of bring back our car NEXT week, and leave it the whole day to give the workers time to take care of the noise!

At this point my wife and I are simply tired of the wait and a process which seemed to have no end. We took the car home... And, by Sunday, the last rivet head seemed to have found a quiet home still inside the lift gate. I have now talked to GEICO reps on the phone 5 different times, each time being told that they would have my local GEICO advisor and her supervisor call me. Over the last three weeks, not one phone call at all. The last GEICO person I talked to on the phone said her supervisor suggested that perhaps it was because of the demands on insurance companies by Hurricare Harvey that delayed any response!!! A poor excuse for the total lack of service since the accident was in late July and the car first "fixed" by August 14th. The net result, my car is back, the "actual" repair work is fine, but I am out over $120 out of pocket, the rivet is still there, and STILL no call by GEICO.

GEICO pays out too low for my total loss car. I bought the Honda Civic 2016 for $20,400. Now, it is total loss due to flood from the hurricane Harvey, and they value the car only $15,399. I had the car only a little over a year, and it only has about 17000 miles. I'll never be with GEICO again.

My experience with Geico/Liberty Mutual homeowners insurance was awful at best. It has been well over a month since I terminated my homeowner's insurance with GEICO and I have yet to receive the refund checks that I was promised on the 2nd of August of this year. Every time I call and inquire as to the whereabouts of said check, I am told that it will arrive by the end of the week (4 times so far)or that it was mailed a week prior to the week that I am calling. I have been lied to, put off and cast aside so many times, that I feel like used car. The Homeowners policy Supervisor Shawn ** (because they refuse to give anyone that complains a last name) refused to let me talk to his supervisor and stated that if I didn't like waiting another two weeks, on top of the six weeks that I have waited so far, that I could file a complaint.

But, the check is in the mail (Holding my breath). It is a piss poor excuse to tell your customers, the people that make it possible for you to eat and drive your Prius to work everyday that they can wait or file a complaint if they don't like waiting for the money that GEICO owes them. It boggles the mind as to the extent of arrogance and consumer stiff arming involved with just dealing with an insurance company. But, I digress. Today, I have decided that since Shawn said to file a complaint if I don't like it, I will. Everyday, to every federal and state consumer complaint entity I can find (youtube as well) until my keyboard breaks. Although I would never stoop so low as to call someone an ** (Shawn at GEICO) you definitely deserve it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

We've been a customer for 10 yrs and this case was my first accident, got hit by a truck which wasn't even by fault. I had to called several times to find out who the adjuster is. No call or follow-up. Every time I tried calling him to discuss the decisions I get a voicemail and no response whatsoever and the rental car company was calling us everyday to contact our agent to extend the reservation because the adjuster is not doing his job. VERY DISAPPOINTED! AND I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS CASE IS OVER. WE ARE SWITCHING TO BETTER COMPANY THAN THIS. All the payment we did for the last 10 yrs means nothing to Geico. If you are considering to switch to Geico, THAT WILL BE A MISTAKE. My advice to you is read most of the reviews first.

I was in an accident when I was in LA for a wedding. I was a passenger in a Lyft ride. We got rear-ended by a driver in a car. I got whiplash and a concussion. I didn't immediately go to a doctor since I was headed to the Airbnb so I could change and go to the wedding which was in an hour. I wasn't visibly hurt, yet my neck was stiff. I do go to a doctor when I got back in Dallas. Liberty Health took xrays. I have a pinched neck and thoracic spine. I was told by a Geico rep to not worry since Geico would take care of it 100% since it was the other guy's fault. Now I've been told that since it was minor that they probably won't pay anything. Who is going to take care of the bill for a week of physical therapy and pain mgmt?!

If it would be a -100, I would do it. It has been my seven or eight phone call to GEICO and I have been harassed, received yells, twisted my words by their representatives. I have mentioned to them that I have been paying to Geico for more than fifteen years and I have not used their company before as I want to get from GEICO to pay my car windshield glass that was broken by a rock while I was driving. I am requiring from them a customer service who can pay for my glass which is around $1,000.00, I got on hold, then they tell me that it is okay for them to take my money by not paying me my glass because that is the way and that all insurance companies are like them. I have told them “Do your job, I am paying you for your salary too.” I ended up with anguish, so I decided to put my complaint over here. Who does GEICO think they are? Excuse me?

A GEICO customer dented the door of my brand new truck, he cursed me, then told GEICO he did not do it, but was filed with local police dept with an incident report and driver admitted to police he dented my truck. GEICO denied my claim because I had to hire an attorney to get police reports. So much for customer service, I am canceling my boat insurance with GEICO, a company you cannot trust!!

It seems as though this goes from one situation to the next with Geico adjusters. So I needed a rental vehicle. It was like pulling teeth! So, now my vehicle has been declared a total loss (salvaged vehicle) to be precise per the Customer Service Agent in Georgia. Our insurance is paid on time via automatic draft. So the understanding was that if one has an accident and has a total loss. Geico would ensure that The Customer is taken care of! That the vehicle would be replaced and all taken care of. Well, this has not occurred... Geico agents have stated when one obtains insurance that Geico will take care of everything in a timely manner. So where is the timely manner along with my vehicle replacement? 12000.000! For a vehicle is justifiable. Not 4000.00.

When the incident occurred in a parking lot, we didn't believe that we were at fault. We took pictures of the damage on the other car, but Geico claims was not interested and paid $1900 without any opportunity for us the present our evidence. Our policy premium went up 29% and our we lost our safe driving discount. We are on a fixed income, and this increase is not something we can comfortably afford. So my review is this: Don't expect Geico to stand behind you in a claim situation. It's all about the time and cost to Geico without regard to their insured's needs and financial hardship.

I filed a vandalism claim on 08/02/2017. The incident occurred after 9:30 pm on 08/01/2017. I discovered the keying of my car the following morning. I called the police department. They informed me to file a report online. After filing the report I called Geico and reported the incident. I filed a claim with Geico. I spoke to a lady and she was very nice, she apologized for me having to go through this and said that I can take my car to one of their body shops and there would be a rental car waiting there for me. I told her I would like to take my car to a body shop of my choice. She said I'd have to take my car to a Geico adjustor who would give me an estimate and check for damages. She came back on the line after putting me on hold and stated. Their check printer was down at that location, but the adjustor would mail a check out.

The adjustor Jacob ** took pictures and came back with an estimate that he emailed to me since no printers worked in the office. He said the check would be in the mail and to me within a couple days. I asked him. If I could just take the car to shop and pick up a rental. He said yes. My rental was approved. A week goes by and no check. I get a call from a claims examiner, Stacie **, at 4:30pm when her shift ends. I work until 6pm so I received a voicemail stating something is wrong with the claim and the rental needs to be returned that day, that they will not cover the rental anymore. At this point I immediately called back and got her voicemail. When I spoke with Stacie, she said there were some issues and the claim is not approved and needs more review. I was completely confused. She asked if a lady named Cathy had contacted me. She did not. Cathy ** is a field interviewer.

I asked for her phone number so that I can contact her, she wouldn't give it to me. I explained to her that I couldn't return the rental, my car is in the shop waiting to get worked on. She said she would email Cathy and she would call me. I spoke with Cathy and she said we need to have an interview. She asked if I had filed a police report. I said yes, and told her “I could tell you over the phone what happened. It won't be any different than the police report.” She said “No I have to interview.” So we met, she recorded our interview... with many questions... what happened, who I talked to that morning, who I was with the night before, what I did 48hrs prior to the incident, if I knew the body shop owner, how I was referred... I felt like this was an investigation on me, as if I was the criminal. She then requested that I provide her with phone records for a month and payment history on my car loan for the past 3 months.

I've provided everything she's asked. She even got personal with a remark about my daughter and then apologized stating it wasn't her place. I get another phone call from Stacie asking why I haven't returned the rental. I said “I told you I don't have my car, it's in the shop.” She said to tell them to put your car back together and go pick it up! Your claim is still being investigated and not approved. I said “What exactly are you investigating? It got keyed!” She said “Due to the extent of the damages we just "feel" something isn't right and may not pay this at all!” At this point in livid!! Asked to speak to a supervisor, she's transferred me to a voicemail. Like she's done before. No one ever returns calls. I left a message of how unhappy I am and if I don't get answers I will be getting an attorney. The supervisor calls me back about 4 hours later. Apologizes for Stacie’s lack of people skills.

Said she would talk with her. She basically said the same thing, but explained things weren't handled or explained properly to me. Basically now I’m waiting on Cathy to submit her report on whether or not this is approved. I've also filed a case with California Department of Insurance. Look into the Unfair Settlement Practices Act. Claims cannot be delayed… which I feel is what they are trying to do. I left out some stuff, or else this would have dragged on forever. The way Geico handles claims is definitely not as easy process as they claim. They make you feel horrible, stressed and not someone they appreciate as a client. I pray to God they don't deny my claim, they really have no basis. But honestly this is the only insurance company I've heard that treats their clients this way. I just want this to be over. STAY CLEAR OF GEICO. DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE!!!

I called GEICO for a New Auto Policy. I have a perfect driving record, NEVER used the auto insurance I originally had but NJM for 15 years but my rate was raised $200 yearly that is why I was checking another Ins Co. I was given a quote of $530.00 for a 6 month policy. Six month policies are all they give in NJ. I asked what the remainder of the 6 months was going to cost however they would not give a dollar amount. I went into GEICO complaints on the internet and thousands of complaints were that the remainder 6 months of the yearly policy went up at least $200 to $300.

I call GEICO back to cancel the policy I began with them, due to the fact I couldn't get a quote for a year policy. I received an e mail that it was canceled. In the mail a few days later I receive a GEICO policy with a bill enclosed for $680 for the 1st 6 months. Now that's $150 more than my phone quote. I did call GEICO again confirming it was canceled, which it was, however if I did take the insurance the initial rate quotes was bogus so god knows what the following 6 months I would have been charged. PLEASE do your research first before switching to GEICO.

I went on their website to get a quote on adding my son to the policy we have, they added him on because they by law they have to insure any driver that lives in your house. They will not remove the person unless they move out or have insurance through another company. Needless to say I'm looking for a new insurance provider. That quote cost me an extra $700 every 6 months.

My mom was in a vehicle accident with a Geico insured driver. She called them trying to file a claim and they have no Spanish speaking representatives. They told her they were sorry but they could not help her and hung up on her. Really??? That is unacceptable in this day and age. I guess we know who your target audience is and who determines who you hire and what skill set they have. Shameful!

On Sunday Aug 13, 2017, I found out that my policy from GEICO was cancelled one month prior without any notice. I only found out when I logged in to check my policy number. I called Geico and they could not reinstate my policy that same day because their underwriting dept was closed and had to wait until Monday to complete the forms needed to start my policy again. On Monday morning I called Geico only to find out the forms that I was supposed to fill out was if I use any of my vehicle skills for business use. Of course I didn't. So they cancelled my policy without notice for such a ridiculous reason. They also claimed that they sent out letters regarding the cancelled notices but I never received it. Shouldn't they notify us by email or telephone that they cancelled the policy?

On that Monday afternoon, while I was completing my forms and trying to get the paperworks processed, my sister drove her car and had hit a car that was driving around in the parking lot. Unfortunately, my sister's car was uninsured at that time because I didn't get my forms in until after that two hours later as I found out about the accident. So we were driving our vehicles for over one month without insurance and without any notice from GEICO. Shouldn't Geico still be liable for our claim since they were the ones who didn't notify us and canceled our insurance? So everyone who is thinking to give Geico a try, don't! They will not stand by you and cover you when they are at fault for cancelling your insurance. They will not notify you when your insurance gets cancelled either.

I am a good driver and don't drive many miles in a year as I usually use public transportation. AAA angered me by increasing my rates for no logical reason. I advise anyone to always question a rate hike. If you don't agree with the explanation - check out GEICO.

I was in a loss. On 8/1/18 GEICO accepted liability. They fixed my car. That part of the claim was great. But then I advised this company that I went to the doctor the same day the loss occurred. Their response to me is the Bi portion is denied due to the vehicle not having any structural damage. So I then call back on 8/16/18 and talk to a very rude supervisor named Jeff who admitted that he hadn't even looked at my medical bills.

I then ask Jeff I can be injured from a minor low impact loss and he stated yes. But I stated to him over and over again that I was injured I even have documentation to prove it. I wasn't asking for an outrageous amount. Just simply for my medical bills to get paid. Hell I even had to get a shot for pain because my arm was hurting so bad from the loss. But apparently this supervisor Jeff has a phd and has check me out himself personally. NOT. This guy is a joke. Who is he to tell me I wasn't injured. I cannot believe that you have adjusters working for your company who treat people like crap. Please help.

My experience with GEICO has been such that I rarely think about changing insurance companies and then it is a very brief passing thought because I quickly remember how well the company has treated me, making me a truly loyal company. When dealing with an agent they are helpful, understanding and courteous.

This is by far the worse car insurance company I ever had. The customer service is really bad. The underwriter took more than 3 months to get back to me about questioning the final decision on the incident for my car which was not my fault, and they raised my insurance by a lot. They do not give discount if you renew their policy, instead, they keep raising the prices. Stay away from this company.

I cancelled my auto insurance policy with GEICO. They have taken the monthly payment out of my checking account for a policy that I no longer have with them. When I called regarding this, I get the runaround. They said they can give me a partial payment back in 14 days. "For what?" I ask? I no longer have insurance with Geico, I found someone cheaper with the same coverage. If I no longer have their services that was cancelled well before the due, why take my money and then OH DO ME A FAVOR by giving me a partial payment back. Because of this, I have now cancelled my motorcycle insurance with them as well.

Rates went up about $100 in 6 hours (YES SIX HOURS) AFTER I paid in FULL for 6 months. I bought the insurance from a licensed Geico agent over the phone (NOT online). I called and told Geico that I just bought many home owners through Geico, and was advised to talk to the auto department to get the auto discount (3%) since now I have both auto and home with Geico. THAT WAS WHEN I WAS TOLD MY RATE WENT UP ABOUT $100!!! I am looking to leave...

Customer service reps are responsive, knowledgeable, professional and helpful. Pricing is competitive and reasonable. Website needs some work. Can't access documents older than 2 policy periods. Otherwise would highly recommend.

Hi. I've been with Geico 17 yrs and despite premiums going up, etc. I have always had great service with geico until recently. On April 28th I was rear ended at a traffic light. It was red. Don't know anything about the person rear ending me, all I know he was male... After he hit me in my Mazda he ran the light and fled the scene. There were no witnesses that got his license info. He hit me hard enough to hit the mini SUV in front of me. There were 4 lovely ladies that were fine (thank God) and the damage to their car was the cheap plastic rear bumper was smashed. My Mazda however was worse, broken front bumper and damaged hood that was dislocated.

Geico first texted me the Mazda was easily repairable. Yay right? 29 minutes later new text from the geico goon that claimed it was a total loss. I thought **, but oh well, Geico had always been fantastic! At 2:18 am 2013 one of their late night representative saved my life. My 99 Toyota Camry was destroyed. The back left tire had just disintegrated at a rate of at 70 miles an hour in cream of Nowhere Oklahoma.

I had full coverage, the representative from Geico was amazing. He asked me where I thought I was and I told him. He was from Ponca City Oklahoma and he knew exactly where I was. He asked me if I was bleeding? And if so get in the car and if there's any broken windows try and put a suitcase against it etc. I asked him why because there was nobody around... Nobody I mean it. He said "I'm from that area. What you don't know is there's a lot of vicious wildlife and if they smell blood they will viciously and violently eat you." Of course I was in shock and I start laughing...

Anyhow, I got back in the car, put a suitcase against the back window and sure enough within 15 minutes there were three coyotes whining and screaming and jumping on my car and trying to get in. These critters were going to eat me alive. They had not had a delicious Kansas City steak in a long time. I'll never forget that representative and I fell in love with Geico. He saved my life.

Another time, I was about to go under an underpass as a train was going over it... The train hit a large rock and hit my windshield by the passenger side, completely smashed that side and if somebody had been in the in the passenger seat adios right? This wonderful young girl that worked for Geico did her best to try and locate that train company, the railroad track company, etc. She really tried hard. No luck so I was lucky I only had to pay 250 for a beautiful repair job. Anyhoo, they were wonderful. They fixed my situation in no time with the Mazda. Geico fixed it beautifully. No hassles, lovely people and as much as they tried they gave me a lousy cup of cappuccino but they did try.

OK fast forward two months ago to 2017 on April 28 the claim was still open about the Mazda but Geico took care of it... Took forever to get reimbursed. I'm chapter 13 bankruptcy and not ashamed because it's happening to everybody these days. A dear friend of mine loan me $3000 and I bought this beautiful 2005 Toyota Corolla mint condition 90,000 miles. What a deal!

Of course me being of Romanian heritage American I have the worst luck. I probably had some other relative put a gypsy curse on me. Who knows? I called Geico and was so excited and of course the friendly representative acted excited too and they told me that since it was an older car I would have to get it inspected and registered and they could give me full coverage. But until I did that I could only get liability since I already had a claim that was still open. Otherwise I would be paying for two for policies. It would cost a lot of money so of course I believe them because I have autism and friendly people make me happy and I believe friendly people.

Well wouldn't you know it... It was bumper-to-bumper on June 2 Friday night in downtown Kansas City. The light turned green. I shifted the gear from park to drive only to find out I was going backwards and a car honked. I looked down. Not being used to the stick shift I realized I was in neutral so I popped it into drive, pedal on the metal and then I heard the most horrifying sound of crash, smack, Doom, gloom, horror. Of course I screamed like a banshee because I could not believe this could be happening again, accidents do happen! My first instinct because I'm 53 years old was to make sure that the people in the car in front of me were OK!!! I got out of the car, put my hand up and made traffic stop.

I directed the car in front of me to pull over into the parking lot where I work. I am a member of the Kansas City symphony. I play with Viola and all the musicians were coming to the parking lot and totally freaking out. Questions questions. My God. OMG. OMG. What happened? I was trying to check on the three passengers of the car I hit. They seemed fine. The shock is still intense. I asked One of the passengers a very sweet girl if she would take my phone and take pictures of her driver's license or whoever was driving and take more pictures of my car and her car. I had already taken several. Five minutes later I get the phone back from her. We both tried to call the police. They were so busy they asked if the cars are drivable and we both replied yes so they asked us to just take care of it ourselves and then come in and report it.

I reported the accident the next day. I was about to send pictures and realized there were no pictures of the accident or their driver's license. Nothing. Nada.

I thought that was a little odd but you know not everybody knows how to use a cell phone so no big deal. I reported to Geico that the pictures were gone and that I was told I could only get liability until my car is inspected and I got a new License plates... Well **, my wonderful new-used car had some bumper damage and maybe a few other things but it drove beautifully.

I explained to Geico on The Gieco interrogation tape that I was told liability only until the inspection happened. Well I forgot that I never canceled my premium insurance and was paying full price and the other claim is still open. So I asked them if I could get my full coverage and I also ask them if it's true what that Representative from Geico told me was true about the inspection and plates before I could get full coverage because that's what I want to do and I was paying for it. Well... Let me tell you I've never ever seen a company turn their back on somebody so fast.

They told me that I was the one who asked for liability not Full coverage and I said well it's on the tape that Geico recorded everything. They told me... That oh, that's just policy that they don't always record stuff. Oh yes they do liars!!!! And we all know that especially an accident they don't want to be responsible right? Long story short I argued with them and they kept telling me I only had liability so that's the way it is and me being so ADD and autism central I believe them because they're friendly and sweet on the phone. Sugar coated steel I call those types.

Oh how I debated with them for several weeks. They won. Blah blah blah. I called some friends had them over for dinner. Because I can't drive anywhere they had to come here. I told him what happened and they said that is absolute **, that I pay for full coverage and no idiot should have told me I could only get liability and especially since my claim is still open from the previous accident in April.

I called every car insurance company in the US and they all told me that Geico gave me bad information and that none of that was true and I should fix it with them but I tried. It didn't work. I have a really bad right foot. Every bone was crushed with an accident I was involved in so I'm disabled. Walking to Quiktrip for nutrition is not good. Candy bars and overpriced junk food just doesn't cut it. Geico also only gave me a rental car for one week and they said that was doing me a favor. They don't normally do that. My friends recommended I call a lawyer and get some good advice so I did and they said Geico is full of ** and their service is gone down in the last several years. They're desperate. They're losing money. They will try and pull anything to keep from paying you what they owe you and they will use every trick in the book and lie about it. For example that they don't necessarily tape conversations... ** yes they do!

Well I called Geico back and told them I think they made a big mistake, please fix it. I have several disabilities and hard to get around and I just have what I have. Can anyone help? My, my. They turned their back on me. They were so rude telling me that I was being rude to them and how Could I question them etc. I need the car. I'm disabled. I have a handicap sticker. I can't walk far. I told them that. They said, "Too bad and I'm sorry to hear about that but there's nothing we can do" for me.

I called the Kansas disability handicapped hotline that supposedly take care of the BS that people do to you when you're handicapped. They sent me a phone number to call the Kansas insurance commissioner which I did call. My God, I had to give them so many forms with the cell phone taking pictures, downloading. I hate cell phones. They're too little and I'm too poor to own a computer because of chapter 13.

I called Geico claim representative number ** and we got into a heated argument and I said, "You know what, I give up." I said, "And to add insult to injury we had a terrible storm the other night and a tree branch fell on the top of my hood making the damage even worse," which it did. Geico wanted me to get off that phone so bad that they became the nicest black widow spiders to me and said, "Well there you have it sir. Go now. You have a claim since you have full insurance." Geico said, "That tree branch probably ruined your car." I said, "Well it sure didn't help..." "Call claims now sir. Let's not waste any more time and have a lovely day. We'll take good care of you." So I called and they said, "We'll send an adjuster out to you immediately." So the adjuster came out from Geico and was really nice and ripped off a piece of paper and said, "Here you go. Take care of this call. My guys and I'll fix everything for you."

I said to him, "Wow. I didn't know the tree branch could cause all that damage," and he said, "It was a combination of collision and tree damage. You're lucky."

Two days later I get a phone call from a very mean man named Michael. Yes Michael is this trained pit bull and he accused me of being the biggest fraud on the planet. He said the adjuster told Geico that the collision from the other car did all the damage and that the tree limb did very little.

That's what I figured, so I agreed with him, and then he had to say it... He said to me... "You wouldn't want to do anything stupid would you?" He said, "This is a very stupid claim and you could go to jail for a stupid action that you tried to pull on us." He wanted names and numbers. I gave them to him. I said to him that I would like to investigate this as well.

I called the adjuster from Geico and I was very nice to him and I asked him why he told me everything was fine. He didn't know what to say me number ** person... He said most of the damage was from the collision I had with the car with the teenagers not the tree branch and my lawnmower man removed the tree branch. Big deal. No pictures whatever. I called the interrogator Michael back the next day and said, "Fine I'm not arguing with you but don't you ever call me stupid again. I have a really high IQ. It's just that I have autism, ADD and my brain is like a typhoon." I said, "Pardon me but don't call me stupid," and he got real smart ass on me so I told him, "I would like to introduce him to my friend 'click'."

Any suggestions from anybody? I had full coverage. I paid the max. A misinformed representative told me the wrong thing. Do I have a case? They really have gone downhill. They should be terrific. It's just totally creeps me out that I cannot afford to get a car because they pulled that crap and I could only get liability.

I always prided myself with having Street Smarts because I do and I got a very bad gut feeling after talking to that goon who told me the wrong thing. I went with it because I used to trust Geico. Now I'm screwed. Is there any way to fix this and any suggestions?

I can't afford another crooked lawyer. I already had four of them at the bankruptcy court. Oh my God. I make so little money, as a musician and they have the gall to make me do the chapter 13 bankruptcy. They lied. I could've easily done chapter 11. I would've gladly given up that Mazda. I never liked it anyhow was too big for one person. There's no mountainous terrain in Kansas City. There are no mountains that I need to drive in second gear. I never knew yet this is the land of SUVs in Kansas City. It's ridiculous.

Well anyhow those lawyers especially one that I had... One in particular gave me the worst advice in the world and of course me not knowing anything other than music believe her. Well... She screwed up big time and then they fired her ass because she was terrible. So that's my story and I have no car and I have to go to Craigslist and deal with them... The most slimy people on the planet. Thanks for reading this. Any suggestions. I'm a decent person. I just got a few demons up in my head. I swear to you I'm smart. I take medication. I'm not dumb but ** you know??? Argh.

My son who I had just moved back to the area and was living with us temporarily stole my vehicle, a gun, my bank card and our credit card info. I filed a police report and then I filed a claim with Geico. Geico refused to pay my claim on theft of my vehicle. We had comprehensive and collision paid in full. And we have been with them for 9 years and NEVER made a claim. They told me because it was my son and he was living in my house I was giving him access to all the items that were stolen vehicle included. He didn't have a driver's license and never driven any of my vehicles because of that. And then to top that off they told me that I had to continue paying for coverage on a vehicle even after the current term expires or else I could be sued if he has an accident in the vehicle.

I am just beside myself!!! Not only was I taken advantage of by my son but now my insurance company just screwed me too. Theft is theft!!! He took my vehicle in the middle of the night WITHOUT my permission!! Police call it unauthorized use of a vehicle. Doesn't matter that it was my son. It's THEFT and I have already stated I am pressing charges!!! What can I do? Is there nothing to protect me in this situation? I had to go buy a new vehicle because I had nothing to drive!!!

GEICO took it upon their selves to add a driver to my policy without my knowledge. I did not request or authorize any other drivers to be added. Once I figured out what was going on, I called GEICO. Their response was that I had to fax paperwork to them showing that the driver was covered by another insurance company. (?? How would I even begin to track down that paperwork??)

I immediately found/bought coverage thru a local insurance company. I then called GEICO back and canceled my GEICO account. GEICO sent me some bills stating I owe them. I would call and explain to them the situation and they would say "OK". I finally stopped receiving bills. I assumed the situation was taken care of. I canceled them in February 2017. This is August 2017... I just got a letter from a Collection Agency stating I owe GEICO money. So now I have a negative mark on my credit report and I am trying to track down papers for a driver that I know nothing about. ABSURD!!!

My car was in a collision on July 20, 2017. I called my insurer Geico the same day. My car was towed from the scene that day. I was given to a person named Allicia to handle the claim. She did NOTHING. I had collision insurance on the car and paid that for over 3 yrs. The car was totaled. I have pics. Then while waiting over 3 weeks for Geico to give me a yah or a nay my car was repossessed by JD Byrider (which is another stay away from) because I didn't make payments while my car was in the tow lot because Geico took so long... Anyway because Geico, or Allicia, or both, sat on their butt I now have no car, no claim and even no plates. Stay away from Geico. I've never in my life dealt with an insurance company that is either that inept or just crooks. Trust me, do NOT sign up with Geico and never buy a car from JD Byrider.

Two weeks ago, I was researching commercial auto insurance prices. Since I have GEICO, I asked their prices. However, I ended up NOT needing the commercial insurance, so I didn't change my policy. GEICO cancelled my car insurance b/c they said that since I had INQUIRED about commercial insurance then they had to assume I was driving commercially and dropped me. I found out when my bank sent me a letter regarding a lack of coverage. When I called, GEICO absolutely refused to reinstate the policy unless I got proof that I wasn't driving commercially. GEICO has lost my business forever.

I have been please with GEICO customer service until I realized that every time I called it was about added a car (spending money) etc. No wonder they were so nice. The one time I called to advised them that the federal government shut down my bank (BEST BANK) and the closest interim bank is 40 miles. No one showed any empathy. I thought we changed over the account to new account number but we didn't. Spoke with the 2 customer service reps and one manager. They could care less. Just make the payment lady and we going to charge you and extra @20 return check fee. Now mind you. I have never had a problem making a payment before. You can clearly google that the bank was closed by federal government. BUT I GUESS THIS $20 was going to make or break the company. "Who cares that you're a loyal customer with us. We have a millions of customer - why should we care about little old you". Feeling just a number.

I called them Sept of 2016, updated my information on address and a new car we had purchased. Then again in Feb/March, my mom gave me her car and once again called them and reviewed address, email and phone number. I have called them a few times to discuss discounts etc. Then last night after making a payment I noticed that our address was wrong, they had us living in Houston, which we live an hour away. So when I changed it, the amount changed almost $50 difference.

I called them and after talking to them and being put on hold twice, they told me that they couldn't reimburse anything since they said they sent me a letter stating the address was wrong and needed me to call to verify - well I guess the people at the address in Houston didn't respond since it went to them and not me. I am infuriated. Due to someone on their end changed a zip code I got charged extra and since I found the problem they blame me saying I had online access. This is not how you treat customers that have been with you for over 10yrs.

Compare Auto Insurance