Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.91/5
Based on 3,290 ratings submitted in the last year

GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance, and you may get a discount from combining policies with them. GEICO is not an InsuraMatch partner. You can get quotes from multiple insurers and find the right one for you by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

GEICO sells auto insurance along with home, renters and motorcycle insurance. Positive reviews highlight the company’s customer service and low rates. As a direct provider, GEICO can offer lower rates than many of its competitors.

PROS

• Average annual savings of $500 for new policyholders based on a 2018 GEICO national survey
  • Free and easy online quote and buying process
  • Mobile app makes it easy to view policies, request roadside assistance and file claims
  • Competitive rates
  • Fast claims processing

CONS

• Low credit score can increase premiums in some states
  • No discounts for hybrid or electric cars

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

4078 GEICO Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm so glad I have a chance to tell someone about our experience with GEICO. We have had other auto insurance but none where we felt as protected. We are notified of every action GEICO takes so there are no surprises. Our payments are super simple and not outrageous. Customer Service is friendly and quick. We did need to use the Roadside Assistance once. We were about 20 miles from our home and our mechanic was just as far, but car just stopped and we were at a loss.

We called GEICO Roadside Assistance who was there under an hour, in fact, under a half hour and GEICO called while we were waiting to make sure we were okay. The truck came and the man was super professional while lifting our truck to be hauled to our mechanic 20 miles away. Our vehicle was lifted on the truck (not pulled) and hauled to our mechanic, no additional charges. It was handled professionally with no stress aside from the vehicle breaking down, no fault of GEICO, who made us nearly forget that we had to face problems with getting car repaired. We have had other insurance companies where we were charged and told about it after the fact or rates go up and we are told about it after. Not with GEICO... we know everything as it happens. So, I am glad we had a chance to tell someone that we really like the way GEICO does business. Great prices, great customer service and we are not alone when out on the road with GEICO.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Geico is an amazing car insurance company. They work with you and will provide the best service to you. I was in a car accident where someone hit me from back and totaled my SUV. Geico gave me the best deal there was and cut me a check within a month. They even helped me with renting another car because I was hit from back, it was considered a no fault on my part so my insurance rate did not go up and when I got another car. I decided to have my fiance included in my policy and they didn't give me a hard time at all. They not only added him to the insurance policy but they also added his name on the actual insurance card. They are a wonderful company to have and they work with you to make sure all your needs are taken care of. I would highly recommend them to anybody looking for car insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had never used Geico before but in the four years I have used them they have been a very good service. Their customer service is top notch in that they get back to you right away. Their website is easy to use and has a number of convenient options, such as you can print your insurance cards off the site and/or have them mailed. It's easy to manage your account through the website without ever even speaking to a representative. The one month I was behind due to payments I expected not coming through, it was easy to go to the website and postpone my automatic monthly payment for a few days. You can do this once per policy term. I found this very helpful and was surprised and relieved at how easy it was to do. My rates are good, although my policy fees do go up a bit each year. But, this is probably to be expected, though it is a bit annoying. Overall I think they are great.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Not that long ago, my family and I were in an accident in a Dairy Queen parking lot. Someone who wasn't paying attention backed up into us while we were leaving the parking lot. He hit our bumper and caused enough damage to need repairs. But we were still able to drive back home. When we contacted GEICO, we gave them the details and everything that happened. They processed our claim right away. It was within a few days. Our car was fixed within the week. So we didn't even have to get a rental car. Which was great. So the whole process was easy and simple. It almost made everything back to the way it was before the accident. Except the memory and how everyone felt after it happened. But they did a great job and made the whole process as painless as possible. So I'm glad we decided to have GEICO as our car insurance carrier, because they were there when my family and I needed them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I renewed a policy with Geico Insurance. I agreed to this policy for six months. I called to set it up, and cancelled. I was not planning on signing again with them, as I had many issues with them. One of the frustrating issues is that they do no keep track of concerns & comments, from Me (The Customer). As it will again, this time around turn out to be, once again. Thinking everything was fine, after the end date of my policy... I was going through my bank records, one day, and I realized that they had been pulling a monthly payment again. So, I called to ask about it, and I was informed that my policy had been renewed. I was surprised... by it, because I they didn't get my consent to renew. I never agreed to renew it.

As I had said, I agreed, to the first six months, and that was gonna be it... as I was gonna find a new company to sign on with instead. They go around in circles about everything, after I explained it. And wouldn't refund anything. SO, I ended up disputing it with my bank. That was in July 2018, my policy ended in May 2018. Thinking everything was fine? Nope. I receive another bill, and they threatened that It would be sent to collections, if I didn't pay. Again, I called today (September 13, 2018) and spoke with a supervisor/manager named Gary. And still the same thing. They were not listening to me at all!!!

They kept going on about having no phone call FOR A CANCELLATION, AND no conversation or report recorded or noted!!! It is frustrating to me, because I called and made a cancellation & I called about my concerned and they had NO NOTES regarding any of it. I feel like they are holding me hostage about all the charges that I NEVER AGREED OR SIGNED ON FOR!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: June 24, 2019

People are always so quick to write negative reviews so I figured I would come here, write a positive one. GEICO is the best company that we have ever done business with and we switch to them after we were royally screwed over by Esurance. Take my word for it, DO NOT use them as they will not pay out any insurance claims! GEICO has been so great to work with us when we needed to extend the payment, and all of their representatives that we have had the pleasure of doing business with over the phone have been nothing but wonderful and pleasant! GEICO has immediately paid out all tow fee reimbursements when we filed them! Thanks!

Original review: June 24, 2019

We pay $5 extra per month for free windshield replacement on our vehicles. I recently had a rear windshield busted out while in my driveway one night. GEICO refused to pay because the back "windshield", as the representative referred to it, does not qualify as a windshield. Even has a windshield wiper on it but yet it still doesn't qualify as a windshield. I think it's a shame that they find loopholes to keep from providing coverage to their customers.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Been with GEICO 15 to 20 years, can't even recall not having them. Generally, good service and helpful in keeping my rates low,\; lowest ever last year, both of us retired, very low mileage and I diligently take my Defensive Driver course as needed. Just received my July-January renewal and it has increased by 22%! I usually project an ever-so-slight reduction due to depreciation of the vehicles and was totally blindsided by this news. WORSE, after a 20 minute line by line review of my last three policies I found the one & only difference, I (and my Def Driver discount) have been switched from "Veh 2" the one I drive to "Veh 1", the one my wife drives.

STILL WORSE: Assuming I had found the glitch (feeling very proud of myself) I called to explain to the GEICO agent what I'd discovered and assumed all would be well in a minute or two. But, no. She explained in a "prepared speech manner" that GEICO has "moved away from a manual assignment of drivers to their vehicle in lieu of an Intentional Automatic SYSTEM-assignment of "highest risk driver to highest risk vehicle." (Unsure of what determines a 'higher risk vehicle'). However, my agent was very clear that this CHANGE OF ASSIGNMENTS was not a manual oversight or mistake, it was system generated and CANNOT be reassigned/changed manually and, it was indeed the basis for my 22% increase.

When I suggested my wife and I each simply insure our own vehicles she instantly, without a moment's reflection told me that would be more expensive. I asked how she could know and she told me she had done this comparison lots of times. Knowing it would be futile, I asked her to give me the two quotes, both of which were even higher than the renewal I was facing... she was right. Next comments will be to the Insurance Commissioner and then ClassAction.org.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I've had Geico for 2 years. My teenage daughter just got her license and we purchased a car for her. As expected the rates jumped but by $400 a month for a 7 year old $7.000 car? Seriously? So In order to afford the monthly increase I sold my Jeep to get something cheaper. My insurance only went down $50 so basically paying $525 a month for one 7 year old beetle & 2 drivers... WHAAATT??? Then when I got a quote for a 9 year old Prius I was considering buying the price for 2 cars was $495! My head almost exploded... I then went to Progressive which was cheaper for the one car but then more when I add in an additional car... The whole thing is so incredibly frustrating it makes me want to Uber everywhere and just spend $500 not driving!

Original review: June 20, 2019

You see the TV for endless GEICO ads - however, when you are in an car accident (even when its not your fault) and you make a claim (uninsured motorist) GEICO will send you (and your damaged auto) to a collision center where their adjusters will provide an "estimate". Routinely, the Adjuster(s) will "Low-Ball" your claim; in My case they reduced the "Hourly allowable Rate" the Auto Body Shop charges. The Dealership fully recommends specific Auto Body Shops - GEICO refuses to act "honorable" and pay the usual and customary rate of $50 per/hour they allow $44 per/hour thus costing the insured (me) the unpaid difference.

Secondly, they refuse to allow the full replacement cost of new parts - they allow a reduced amount for body parts.

Thirdly, they refuse to allow "loss of value" for your car - once damaged the repair is on your VIN forever and reduces your re-sale value. Fourthly, they refuse to allow for your "loss of earnings" while they are cheating you on the damage repair. Fifthly, they refuse to allow (pay for) a substitute rental or Uber or cabs fees you paid while your car was repaired. GEICO Adjusters present a clear and present consumer fraud a criminal enterprise and should be prevented from selling insurance in the Greater DC Metropolitan Area (Virginia, Maryland, DC). Write your complaint to your State Insurance Commissioner - tell them "Outlaw GEICO for continuing Fraud - Sanction GEICO Billions".

Original review: June 19, 2019

Hello, I had accident from my back car and back car has Geico. It's already 5 week passed away but still no progress and my agent is Shana **. I am calling every week but still no progress. I am not able to close my trunk and it's hard to drive for me everyday. They are also not ready to provide rental car. One of agent said I am going to get full money for repair. I don't know when they will give money for repair. I am suggesting not to take Geico. I already switch other insurance from Geico. Thanks.

Original review: June 17, 2019

A driver insured by Geico rear ended my vehicle at an intersection. It took Geico more than 2 weeks to converse with their policy holder and acknowledge responsibility. I had already obtained an estimate to repair the damages from a reputable shop. The Geico adjuster lowballed an estimate (less than 1/2 what the shop quoted). Then the shop had to negotiate with Geico, eventually Geico came around; however, it took a month to get my vehicle repaired. What a terrible insurance company.

Original review: June 17, 2019

GEICO insured me when no one else would seeing I was a service member returning from overseas assignments. That was 25+ years ago. Over the years, GEICO has been responsive to my needs and has provided excellent personalized service. Once I had hail damage to my vehicle. The next day, GEICO had an insurance adjuster come to assess the damage. He came to my work parking lot to make it easier for me! I received the check for the damage quickly. My rates are very competitive and I might go so far as to say unbeatable. I occasionally get quotes from other insurers and they can’t beat the cost of my coverage with GEICO. My children have also spun off of my policy into their own GEICO policies. They have received comprehensive policies at excellent prices too.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Geico online salesperson requested me to take the defensive driver's course after signing up with Geico, so that I can do the course with one of their preferred websites and after finishing, when I gave a call to get 10% discount - they say I'm not eligible for that discount under certain characteristics that company follows, which is I think not being faithful to their customers, just get them on board with all fake details and forget, and saying "we can't find the online sale agent who spoke to you and registered your policy". All they started doing is recording the phone that I am making now for proof. What for - Don't you save who signed me up on Policy.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My family has carried GEICO auto and home insurance for years. We covered my children on the policy, as well. In mid-2017, I contacted GEICO to inform them that my young adult daughter (who was on the policy) would be moving out of the country for two years for a college program (and would not be visiting home during this time period). They promised to remove her from the policy and add her back on upon return.

In December, upon re-evaluation of the policy, they increased our premium from about 5k annually to over 10k because of traffic infractions she incurred in 2016. I immediately called them and said that she was no longer living at home, did not own a vehicle and did not have access to our vehicles and we would put her back on the policy when she returned. They said they couldn't do that and we were forced to pay because we couldn't prove she had insurance elsewhere. Huh? She didn't need auto insurance elsewhere because she would not be driving in Europe and she did not live at home.

Why are we required to pay under these circumstances? Especially, when they promised to remove her. They claimed it was an insurance law in NH, but no other provider that I spoke with did business this way. I quickly found another insurer and all is well, but GEICO charged me for 10 days of astronomical prorated premiums from the time I cancelled the policy to finding a new policy. This was almost $300! I wouldn't have minded paying my usual premium overage charge, but they found a way to gouge me, even though they made the error by not removing her. Now, it's referred to a collection agency and I have no option but pay it. I asked CS for instructions on how to appeal and was told, "We don't appeal complaints". DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GEICO. Really shady business practices!

Original review: June 10, 2019

On 4/3/19 my 16 yr old son passed due to a cardiac arrest on 3/25/19. On 4/2/19 Geico took out the first payment of $150 for adding my son on. On 4/12/19 I requested a refund and they would not refund my $150. I’m a single mom that really couldn’t afford this add on in the first place. I’m so disappointed for the lack of sympathy this company has treated me. Patty **

Original review: June 7, 2019

I claimed my accident and went to the damage estimation place and figure out that my rent car was released to other driver under my claim number so I could not rent my vehicle until issue needs to be resolved between Geico and Enterprise. I was trapped into that place for 5 hours without lunch. Only I was told to be waited until resolution will be made and call back to report status but it was never kept until I called them back for 3 times and made complaint about it.

I was expected they are trying to find out alternative solution quickly and let me get out of the place since it is their fault with Enterprise but it was not happening as I hoped up. I should come back home without rent car helping by others. All I have response from Geico after that is you will not be penalized by Enterprise. Should I really be told that way from Geico even though it was not my fault and never get any apologies? They do not have any backup plan or system if the similar or same thing happens to you. They don’t really concern you unfortunately even though they speak, “Customer is our priority.” Enterprise is really sucks too!

Original review: June 7, 2019

Geico stated when their client lost control of the lie vehicle because it was traveling too fast in the rain and struck a concrete divider then came to an uncontrolled rest in the roadway in the middle of a curve at nighttime while raining and the vehicle le was black and had no lights activated it was my fault I hit the car. Keep in mind it caused ab 5 more different crashes. Stated they were only “99%” at fault and would not fix my car as a result.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I've been with Geico for years, 10+. I have now all of a sudden been locked out of access to my account both online and via the phone app. Says "Your account is locked from internet access". So I call them, after runaround from 2 people, they say "You've made too many changes to your policy and your account is now locked for 6 months!!!!" 6 months!! WTF, so I cannot do anything online, cannot even see my proof of insurance cards using the mobile app, pay my bill, nothing.. So screw Geico - leaving them and moving to Liberty Mutual.

Original review: June 4, 2019

My experience with Geico Claims department has been a total nightmare for me and my family. It took them 2 months to partial approve my accident claim. My vehicle has been in the body shop since April. I had to come out of my own pocket to pay for my rental. A representative informed me when the claim is approve I will be refunded my for the money I have put out. As of today I still haven't gotten back my refund. They delay approving the claim and returned cause me to have the rental longer than I should have. Geico show no compassion for me and my financial situation. Geico suppose to be my advocate when involve in a accident. I recommend no one should have to go through this experience with their own insurance company. If you can go somewhere else for another quote for insurance, you should do that.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I got a flat on tyre and requested roadside via Geico.. It's been 2 hrs now and each time you call they keep updating the time and delay from their end.. Horrible service by 3rd party Auto Rescue that Geico contracted in Philadelphia PA..

Original review: June 3, 2019

I had bought an auto policy through Geico, paid in full and everything and got full coverage for my vehicle. I just got into a recent accident, filed a claim and they basically wasted my time wanting to file the claim first then send out roadside assistance. Couldn't give me the roadside assistance first. After filing a claim and giving all the information I have went through many agents. All of them had told me to pay my deductible in order for me to get my car back asap. Just not one second they automatically recommended me to pay a deductible when I was the one not at fault. Also I had paid for roadside assistance in full. They want me to pay for towing. They told me emergency roadside assistance is not covered. I have to pay a fee. I paid in full for my policy. They didn't even bother helping me out, just wanted to suck more money out of my wallet. Didn't bother wanting to wait for the police report and didn't bother giving me any support.

I was stranded in another state I didn't belong. I felt scammed that I paid so much money for my policy. At the end they told me I have to pay fees and a deductible, very rude and unprofessional. The options that they gave me was to benefit them. Not me. Also they wanted me to get my car out of the tow lot asap because they didn't want to deal with the other person's insurance. Long story short they wanted me to pay everything so they don't have to deal with the other person's insurance. I felt scammed. After my policy ends I am switching over. Geico has always disappointed me. They make rates affordable but coverage is dirt.

Original review: May 31, 2019

At first I was pleased with the processing of my claim and how quickly things were moving along, until the adjuster stopped communicating with me about the status of my vehicle. I can't believe the noncommunication with the adjuster, adjuster manager and finally the director of the adjusters. I have left more than three voicemails with all, but nobody has responded. I have been with GEICO for more than 30 years and not one accident including this accident which was not my fault. I'm frustrated with this experience and hope others never endure with what I have felt with this well-known company.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I damaged the side of my car and went online to Geico's website to file a claim. The site said "A GEICO auto damage adjuster will meet with you AT THE REPAIR facility to evaluate the damage...explain repair process and answer questions, arrange for you to leave your vehicle for repair..." That DID NOT HAPPEN. I arrived at the GEICO approved and suggested repair shop and the damage adjuster was not there. I was told that he wouldn't come in until later but they didn't know what time. Still distraught about my car, I trusted GEICO and the shop that they recommended, so I left my car there. Hours later I still didn't hear anything so I went online and discovered that the repair shop had over 3 dozen 1 star reviews! So of course now I'm worried.

I called GEICO to see if I could have my car moved and was told it had already been disassembled and I would have to pay to have it reassembled. I still had not been given a quote or anything, and had not heard from or met the insurance adjuster that GEICO stated would be there when I dropped my car off. GEICO customer service transferred me to the insurance adjuster, Sergio and I got his voicemail. I left a message. No call back. So I called Geico again, still trying to find out something, anything and, miraculously, they were able to finally connect me with the adjuster. Was he just not answering calls? He said he had not seen the car but would POSSIBLY get around to it today and would probably get back to me the next day.

It's been 24 hours and I still don't have any clue what's going on. Sergio has not contacted me. Clearly, I was misled. And now I'm worried. The repair shop said they cannot begin working on the car until the GEICO adjuster/Sergio gets back to them and gives them the okay. But I'm the owner of the vehicle so I should have the final say. So far, I have wasted 2 days and I'm paying for a rental car out of my own pocket, daily, until this GEICO adjuster decides to give the go ahead to begin work on my car.

Original review: May 30, 2019

GEICO likes to draw customers in with their claims of great rates and their cute commercials. But hidden behind the decent rates and the adorable commercials is a monster! Not only is GEICO a bait-and-switch company that raises rates the first chance they get but they also will do everything that they can to avoid paying to fix your car! I am 52 years old and never had an accident as an adult on my own policy. In fact my wife and all 4 of my kids have gone accident free until my daughter had an accident recently that was her fault. When my daughter turned 16 I splurged and bought her a 2016 Jeep Patriot with very low miles. It was a R-Title having been in a front end collision. R-title vehicles go through strict state inspections before they get plates on them in the state of PA. In addition GEICO had no problem providing full coverage for the vehicle.

But after a mail truck tore across the front of the Jeep GEICO paid about $11 after my $1,000 deductible and refused to fix the most expensive damage that occurred in the accident! The con-artists at GEICO will send their nasty insurance adjusters to the dealership to intimidate them making sure they spend as little as possible! An electrical problem developed in a harness as a result of being pulled on in the accident. After almost 2 years of no problems with the car the electrical problem started literally the morning after the accident when my daughter first tried to use the car. We had to have it towed to the dealership. At first they misdiagnosed the problem stating that the issue was due to corrosion on terminals in the box the harness was attached to. They claimed it had nothing to do with the accident.

I did not feel it was possible that any corrosion just magically got bad enough at that exact time to cause this but they refused to do anything else. So for months we dealt with this intermittent problem with the vehicle that left my children stranded in various locations unable to even start the car. It then got so bad one day that I decided to check the "corroded terminals" again. I opened the hood and it took all of 10 minutes for me to figure out the problem had absolutely nothing at all to do with corroded terminals but that the wire harness had an intermittent problem that could easily be reproduced just by moving it around! So I called the insurance adjuster and after much argument he finally agreed to have it looked at again. So I took the vehicle to a different dealership this time.

After looking at the problem they called me and in discussing the problem told me that the issue had to have happened in the accident my daughter had. Well then the next day the GEICO insurance adjuster shows up and then calls me and states that the harness was routed over a sharp edge and therefore the problem was normal wear and tear!!! Are you kidding me??? According to them this harness under the hood which never moves and has a heavy-gauge net and multiple layers of tape was worn and damaged from a sharp edge. And they decided all this even though the dealership never pin-pointed the location of the damage since there was no damage to the outside of the harness!

And after the visit from the GEICO this dealership would not return my calls. More intimidation! I have run this problem up the chain through many levels at GEICO only in the end to be sent a register mail stating that they will never cover the repair. What a joke this company is! What the hell am I paying for if they cannot even cover a repair that obviously happened in an accident for a customer with a previously family-wide perfect driving record?!!? I would urge all to consider other companies for your insurance needs. This place is a leftover government institution that has the money and power to avoid paying claims. Just research some of their history.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Beware of Geico. I enrolled in a new policy in December 2018. I’m older, drive very little, and pay over $150 a month to cover my older compact car. When I enrolled, I signed up for roadside assistance and, to my knowledge, I’ve been paying for it. I’ve always had roadside assistance, in more recent years through my auto insurance. So, when I actually have to use Geico services, I’m told I don’t have it. Since this is the first time I’ve had to interact with Geico, I’m extremely disappointed. I will be looking for a different company for my auto and renters insurance.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My mother was involved in an accident by a Geico insured driver. She was entering her private driveway when the guy in the other vehicle tried to cut her off. She was hit on the side and her front bumper sustained damage. Even though the officer who took the police statement said the other driver was at fault; Geico is refusing to pay for my mother's car damages. We are currently waiting for the police report to show Geico who was actually at fault. Hopefully when it arrives Geico can make a more informed decision.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My vehicle was stolen and I was in a verbal agreement with the Geico insurance adjuster that a settlement would be made considering it had been two weeks and no sign of the car being found. So I purchased another vehicle. Then a couple weeks later the car comes up and I inform Geico who then tells me I must keep the car and get it fixed although we were in agreement that they were taking ownership. Turns out they didn't have everything they needed which I was unaware of. Then I say, "Okay fix the car," and I have to deal with it. Then they decide that they won't approve all of the repairs because the car sustained additional damage at the tow facility that wasn't caused by the theft. So then because I changed my policy to cover my new vehicle a while back they're saying it wasn't covered when it was damaged further so there's nothing they can do about the additional damage.

Original review: May 25, 2019

What is the most important thing about auto insurance? If and when you get into an accident, your insurance company will be your advocate and ultimately fix your vehicle to the same condition it was prior to the accident. Well if that's the case, people should look elsewhere for insurance coverage. Geico will not help out its customers and will make decisions that are in the best interest for them. I had the unfortunate luck of getting into an accident with an uninsured motorist. The uninsured person not only hit my truck but hit another vehicle in the process. The accident occurred on a highway going about 70mph. At that speed, the impact can cause some serious damage to your vehicle cosmetically, but also to mechanical parts such as the suspension especially since the primary point of contact on my vehicle was the front and rear passenger wheels.

Well, I took the car to an approved Geico body shop. I told them I was having some issues with the braking and heard some knocking noises when I put the truck in reverse. They assured me that they would do a thorough inspection and find all of the issues. Well after being in the shop for a week, I get the truck back and find that the knocking noise is still there. This noise wasn't present prior to the accident and now was constantly there.

I called their claims department and told them the issues I had. They advised me to bring it back to the place it was originally fixed, which I did. After a few hours, the body shop told me to take it to their diagnostic place to see if they could figure out the issue. The diagnostic place identified a stress crack in my strut and ball joint damage, which probably occurred during the accident with the high impact of the crash. The diagnostic place said the strut damage was unusual for wear and tear and was the first time they had seen that type of damage on the strut. Geico sent out another adjuster to see the damage and concluded that since the strut was on the driver side and not on the impact side that the accident could not have caused the damage.

This is mind-blowing stupidity in my estimation. At the high rate of speed and the overall impact of the accident, not to mention the impact point, I find it hard to believe an adjuster could make that kind of determination. It makes complete sense since Geico really doesn't care about the customer, but wants to save money throughout the whole process. I spoke to the adjuster's supervisor who basically said the same thing and made every single kind of excuse why it couldn't be from the accident. Since Geico can't own up to its end of the bargain, I'm stuck with a truck in worse condition than it was prior to the accident. Geico really doesn't care, they only are concerned with making excuses and saving money.

I've come to the conclusion that they make great commercials and are somewhat cheaper than other insurance companies, but overall that savings has to come from somewhere. That somewhere is providing inferior parts (aftermarket) and denying accident-related damage to save money. I had USAA for years and switched to Geico because it was cheaper. Now I realize based on the type of service I received with USAA and now with Geico why I paid a little bit more for OEM parts and way less stress fighting with my insurance company, who ultimately should support me in these types of incidents. Just remember, cheap you buy, cheap you get. Don't be fooled with the gimmicks from Geico. They will find any possible way to screw you and not help you out in any way. You have been warned....do not make the same mistake I did and switch to this scam of a company!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Geico was simple enough to sign up with for insurance but canceling is hell. I received a better deal with another company so I switched. I called Geico to cancel my policy, the person said it was done, all good. Until I received a bill for non payment. My insurance showed in effect 40 days! After I cancelled. Now for horrible customer service. I called to figure out what was wrong. Was told policy could only be cancelled in writing. BS by the way. Was given a bogus email to send it to. Called again, was told to sign up for texts and cancel it that way but proof of other insurance would have to be emailed to another email address. Did all of this. Called to check. Policy was cancelled. Hung up on. Called again, the person said "yes but now you owe us 4 Times the amount you did before you started this never ending death cycle". Asked how I could bring the amount down, rudely told "you can't" and hung up on again. GEICO customer service is no service at all!

GEICO expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. Today, the company operates their business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.

• Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if they take a while to decide how to act.

• 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.

• Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.

• Best for: New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky