3.8/5 (1900 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance. It has several discount options, including for those who combine its coverage policies. As a direct provider, it can offer lower auto insurance rates than many of its competitors. Policyholders can manage their coverage online or through the company’s mobile app.

Pros

• Affordable policies
  • Several discount options
  • Intuitive website and app

Cons

• Can be pricey for high-risk drivers
  • Few local agents

Bottom Line

GEICO is one of the largest auto insurance providers in the U.S. It has affordable prices, several discount options and an app for policy management. However, it doesn’t employ many local agents.

Top GEICO Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Michael ** assisted with an error I found on my parent's policy with professionalism and in a timely manner. I can't say enough good about Mikey, he has restored my faith in Custo...

Verified

I've had Geico auto insurance over 30 years, and I have found they are the easiest to deal with. Online or mobile app, it makes managing my payments and policy easy… customer serv...

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About GEICO auto insurance

GEICO is an insurance company that’s served American drivers since 1936, and it’s currently one of the largest coverage providers in the country. The company is known for its affordable rates and various discount options. GEICO focuses on mobile app and online services rather than in-person assistance, but policyholders get access to 24/7 support and roadside assistance.

GEICO car insurance coverage

GEICO offers a variety of car insurance options, including:

• Collision: Pays for damages due to an accident.
  • Comprehensive: Covers vehicle damage caused by theft, vandalism, fire or other incidents.
  • Bodily injury liability: Pays for damages for the other party’s bodily injury or death from an accident when you’re at fault.
  • Property damage liability: Covers damage to someone else’s property from an accident for which you’re at fault.
  • Medical payments: Pays for your medical expenses resulting from an accident.
  • Personal injury protection: Pays for medical treatment, missed wages and other accident-related expenses no matter who’s at fault.
  • Uninsured motorist: Can help cover your injuries or property damage caused by an uninsured driver.
  • Underinsured motorist: Pays for damages caused by drivers without sufficient insurance.

GEICO also offers add-on coverages, such as emergency road service, rental reimbursement and mechanical breakdown insurance.

GEICO car insurance quotes and rates

As with most insurance, GEICO rates vary depending on a number of factors. The company considers your age, location, driving history, gender and more when calculating your rate. For customers who qualify, GEICO does offer several discounts:

• Air bag
  • Military
  • Multivehicle
  • Multipolicy

GEICO auto insurance FAQ

Does GEICO offer classic car coverage?
Yes, GEICO does offer coverage for classic and antique cars. The company has specific criteria for this insurance.
Does GEICO have a safe driver discount?
Yes, GEICO offers discounts for safe drivers, as well as a program called DriveEasy, which uses an app to track your driving. With this app, you can save up to 25%, depending on your driving habits.
Does GEICO have full coverage plans?
GEICO claims there’s no single definition for full coverage insurance. Instead, it emphasizes tailoring coverage to meet your specific needs. GEICO offers vehicle, liability, medical, uninsured motorists and more coverage to meet your needs.
How long is a GEICO quote good for?
GEICO doesn’t specify how long a quote is valid; the length of time varies from provider to provider. Some quotes last for 30 days or more, and some companies update quotes in real time, meaning they could change at any point.

Is GEICO good car insurance?

GEICO is one of the country’s largest insurance providers, and it’s known for its affordable rates and plethora of discounts. It offers 24/7 customer service and roadside assistance, and it focuses on serving policyholders online and through its mobile app, which many find convenient. However, if you prefer managing your policy in person, GEICO may not be the best choice for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: May 24, 2022

Rashawnda was absolutely the best. She was so patient with me as I was her and she explained everything so well to my understanding. She was able to give me answers to exactly what I needed, very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Spoke to three different agents and although my call went to the wrong person still found it a great experience to talk to the wrong agent. Very attentive, no whole time and all of them were extremely nice. I never write reviews but I had to do one for them today. Thank you so much.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

They are definitely a good Inc. car insurance to have. I really enjoy having them and the price that I get is amazing. I would recommend them to anyone. Their claims process is the easiest that I have ever going through. You definitely get your money's worth.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Very affordable auto insurance. Geico handled my auto claim quickly when my car was a total loss. Geico adjusters called first thing on Monday morning and by Thursday, I received a payment, that was deposited into my account. Didn't have to do anything else, amazing! I have had great customer service in every area with GEICO.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My experience with them has been nothing but amazing from the inception until where we are today. Superb customer service interactions. Very professional and always listen to attention for details. Very caring persona amongst them.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I have purchased GEICO insurance on 02/26/2022 - 08/26/2022 for 6 months $1,692.13. I found out that my Front windshield (OEM) cracked by itself. I filed a claim for it online using Geico Mobile App on my phone. When I arrived there at the Safelite, Desk the installer told me that Geico might not cover for OEM. I asked Why? I have 100 deductibility comprehensive. I found out that SAFELITE makes HONDA aftermarket and they promoting their business. They are the ones that does Geico billing (approve or disapprove claims based on Geico customer agent on phone told me. If there is aftermarket available we are going use that because it's cheaper. OEM will cost you difference and I need to pay from my pocket and including 100 dollars deductibility. I'm very angry about this because what's of the point of being covered by the insurance if at the end of being difficult situation end up not being covered.

OEM and aftermarket glass are different because they might have passed the USA DOT but that doesn't mean they are the same quality as the manufacturer. Honda does not make their AUTO Glass but it's up to Honda standards to be built on/approved. $1,474.76 dollars for SAFELITE OEM Glass. Geico $889.44 is covering only about 60.81 percent of the cost. New York the insurance covers up your windshield for Free.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I was satisfied with GEICO insurance in Texas, however since moving to Nevada the customer service is non-existent. I bought my car from a dealer for the guarantees and full inspection reports to ensure everything was in working condition. The claims adjuster, Joshua ** refused to return claims calls and gave me the run around for months! He said he did not believe my car aircon was working before the accident. He is very unprofessional and rude! I offered to show the full inspection report when I bought the car, he chose instead to avoid all my calls! A Geico customer SLAMMED into my car and crushed the back of my car and knocked out the air conditioning simultaneously. I reported these damages and took photos and immediately uploaded into Geico's system. I was told the repair shop would follow up with Joshua ** to report all the damages.

The Geico claims adjuster, Joshua, took himself out of the equation and made the repair shop my primary contact through the whole repair process. When I went to pick up my car, there was an additional over $800 not covered because the claims adjuster refused to authorize the expense. This whole experience has been a nightmare. There is no rewards for being a loyal Geico customer for years. My rewards was being gaslighted by Joshua ** and being cheated. The customer service for Geico is now non-existent, everything is virtual and there is no physical locations any more, so no one is willing to help resolve claims fairly. They only ignore victims.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I have had auto insurance with Geico for over 7 years. Each year my car gets older and so do I. I have no tickets, citations, or accidents. I have two cars on my policy. My first car is in storage 360 days of the year and comes out only to be serviced. My second car is a 2008 Toyota Prius (paid in full) Without any cause or reason, Geico just increased my policy by $60+ dollars. When I called Geico, I was put on hold for a supervisor, who reached out to underwriting because he could not give me a valid reason. The supervisor came back to the line and apologized but unfortunately all he could offer me was to try to upsell me a homeowners policy.

Needless to say, I am very unhappy with Geico and their ability to price gouge policy holders in this unprecedented time of higher fuel cost, groceries, utilities, etc. without any rhythm or reason. They also sell a emergency roadside assistance that charges a claim against your policy if or when you have to use, and it only follows the car not the driver. Great Job Geico, Of Losing Customers!

Original review: June 6, 2022

GEICO report's roadside assistance calls as insurance claims to LexisNexis that will show up on your CLUE report for the next seven years and will raise your premiums. I used the service once for a flat tire and I am now being penalized for the next seven years because my car jack was broken. I couldn't find a statement anywhere in my policy let alone the description for the roadside assistance service when you opt to add it to your insurance. This should be BOLDLY stated so everyone is well aware that using roadside assistance even one time can and will adversely affect the price of your insurance for at least the next 7 years! So consumer BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 3, 2022

Was a member for years then I tried another for a couple months. I switched back and asked for my old policy. They said yes and I paid 6 months in advance. I told them I still didn't want uninsured motorist and they agreed. Nothing more was said that I needed to do. Month later I get a bill for 61 dollars for uninsured motorist. I called and they said I had to sign something saying I didn't want it or else they would charge me. At this point I'm mad and thinking, "How can they get away with this?" This is fraud and against the law.

I called and the girl said it was a mistake and would take the charges off. She then sent me this form I was never told about to sign. So I did. I then got another statement. I called and spoke to a manager and she said she couldn't help me. They have no recording of our conversation or proof they told me this or an email. But they think it's legal to charge me for something I didn't sign up for.

GEICO Company Information