Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
3.86/5
Based on 3,234 ratings submitted in the last year

GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance, and you may get a discount from combining policies with them. GEICO is not an InsuraMatch partner. You can get quotes from multiple insurers and find the right one for you by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

GEICO sells auto insurance along with home, renters and motorcycle insurance. Positive reviews highlight the company’s customer service and low rates. As a direct provider, GEICO can offer lower rates than many of its competitors.

PROS

• Average annual savings of $500 for new policyholders based on a 2018 GEICO national survey
  • Free and easy online quote and buying process
  • Mobile app makes it easy to view policies, request roadside assistance and file claims
  • Competitive rates
  • Fast claims processing

CONS

• Low credit score can increase premiums in some states
  • No discounts for hybrid or electric cars

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

GEICO Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I was in collision on January 2019 which was not my fault. I could not on my own make opposite party insurance pay for damage to my car. Geico promised to pay for all car repair per my insurance policy and file claim for the cost from opposite party. It took a while and I got disheartened thinking Geico is not going to help so I went with other car insurance. But even I was not with Geico any longer, they got refund from opposite party and refunded my portion. I feel like to go back to Geico as they stood for me long after I left. They also have super customer care service who have knowledge and compassion. One of the best insurance company in USA. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

My wife and I have used GEICO for a few years and honestly the best insurance is insurance that you don't have to use. Unfortunately we have had to use Geico more in the last couple of years that we've used in 30 years prior. We have NEVER had any issues, My latest wasn't necessarily an accident but an Auto issue. The dealer claimed that several insurance companies handle these claims and some (like State Farm) either do not or they are so hard to work with that they aren't worth it. Geico was nothing but curious, polite, and helpful. They did exactly what they said they would do on time and all was good. I may be cancelled by Geico because of my latest mishap, (I hope not), but they have been great.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have been with Geico for 3 years and have never had any issues. I have never had long wait times and their monthly cost as well as coverage seems pretty good. I have 2 vehicles, both with a $250 deductible and pay $110 a month. They do have small monthly payment increases every 6 months, but once you hit year 3, they give you a discount on your monthly cost which is nice. They always have gotten back to me timely on all claims and contacted the bank where I had my load to send a check when my vehicle was totaled. They don't provide renter's insurance, but will set you up with Liberty Mutual in which both of your policies can be managed with a Geico representative for great convenience.

Original review: June 17, 2019

GEICO insured me when no one else would seeing I was a service member returning from overseas assignments. That was 25+ years ago. Over the years, GEICO has been responsive to my needs and has provided excellent personalized service. Once I had hail damage to my vehicle. The next day, GEICO had an insurance adjuster come to assess the damage. He came to my work parking lot to make it easier for me! I received the check for the damage quickly. My rates are very competitive and I might go so far as to say unbeatable. I occasionally get quotes from other insurers and they can’t beat the cost of my coverage with GEICO. My children have also spun off of my policy into their own GEICO policies. They have received comprehensive policies at excellent prices too.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm so glad I have a chance to tell someone about our experience with GEICO. We have had other auto insurance but none where we felt as protected. We are notified of every action GEICO takes so there are no surprises. Our payments are super simple and not outrageous. Customer Service is friendly and quick. We did need to use the Roadside Assistance once. We were about 20 miles from our home and our mechanic was just as far, but car just stopped and we were at a loss.

We called GEICO Roadside Assistance who was there under an hour, in fact, under a half hour and GEICO called while we were waiting to make sure we were okay. The truck came and the man was super professional while lifting our truck to be hauled to our mechanic 20 miles away. Our vehicle was lifted on the truck (not pulled) and hauled to our mechanic, no additional charges. It was handled professionally with no stress aside from the vehicle breaking down, no fault of GEICO, who made us nearly forget that we had to face problems with getting car repaired. We have had other insurance companies where we were charged and told about it after the fact or rates go up and we are told about it after. Not with GEICO... we know everything as it happens. So, I am glad we had a chance to tell someone that we really like the way GEICO does business. Great prices, great customer service and we are not alone when out on the road with GEICO.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My son was rear ended by a GEICO insured driver. My son got the police report, had a witness, and had accident scene photos. GEICO was extremely difficult to deal with and ultimately denied the claim. He is now left to claim on his insurance and rely on a court battle to recover his money invested and the time spent trying to comply with GEICO. It is absurd that insurance company denies a claim on one of their insured drivers in a REAR END collision with mountains of evidence! It will eventually end up ok in court as it is an open and shut case, but it has been terrible watching my son go through the badgering and sleazy cop outs from GEICO. I have little faith that GEICO ever does what they say, and I cringe every time I see one of their commercials now, wondering how many people this company cheats on a daily basis.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Horrible customer service by auto Adj Lisa **. I have been contacting her for several weeks regarding a vehicle claim and never received a call back. Today she called back. Was extremely rude, cutting me off as I speak and at the end of the conversation she bluntly hanged up on me while I was still speaking to her.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had Geico for over 10 years and have also been treated professional until the day of November 12, 2019 when I got a call from the new claims adjuster stating he was investigating used parts f going bad on a new claim. The dealer Tom Massanno Ford refused to put in new spark plugs and wires for a new used motor and wanted me the customer to pay out for a second rebuilt engine that they destroyed under there service neglect. They took out the car and broke a valve gasket and head which I never had them testify in the 5 times I brought the car back to the dealer for poor service.

The last break my car stalled dead in the road and I coaster approximately 20 miles per hour and hit a tree to stop me. The new adjuster attend he refuses to put this down as an accident. He stated he was a homicide detective in Chicago for over 30 years and has a specialty for interrogation investigations and treated me like the suspect. He threatened my personal livelihood and slammed to phone down on me when I concluded that I am aware that my normal monthly GEICO payment go into a fund pile for natural disasters to building etc to help FEMMA because I saw and heard it on the local news during Henry Hurricane season this summer.

The adjuster was expecting an idiotic customer who does not know their first or last name and cannot think their way thru a dark passage even though we may be as educated as he claims he was. Very poor and unethical behavior. Before he hung up on me he promised he would have his supervisor deal with the likes of a women like myself. I agreed that might be a better offer since I do not getting screamed at and threatened over an accident claim and NOT A HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION, GOOD GRIEF. Really are you serious. Please be mindful to be professional. You'll keep more clients that way.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

60 day and counting. Geico has done everything possible to not pay on the claim. Lawyer is involved and they are still refusing to pay on claim. GEICO INSURED DRIVER 100% AT FAULT YET GEICO STILL HAS NOT PAID ME FOR MY TOTALED CAR.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I was hit by another driver. Agent did not return calls, no email address to make contact, 2 claim numbers opened, mixed up my policy info with another customer, made 4 complaints that were ignored, poor accident investigation. I was treated like I was at fault, made a complaint to agent's supervisor and spoke on the phone but then supervisor didn’t return emails. Again spoke to the agent who instead of answering questions decided that he wanted to tell me a story. Did not keep me up to date on what was going on, when asked what was going on I was given vague answers and then agent argued with me. I made it clear when I did not understand and was blown off. The liability investigation with the other insurance company is still ongoing and an at fault accident showed up on my driving record. My experience has been so horrible that I changed auto insurance companies because they have done nothing but waste my time.

GEICO expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. The company operates its business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.

• Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if their decision takes time.

• 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.

• Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.

• Best for: New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky