Compare Quotes and Save

Get Quotes
3.60/5
Based on 1,409 ratings submitted in the last year

GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance, and you may get a discount from combining policies with them. GEICO is not an InsuraMatch partner. You can get quotes from multiple insurers and find the right one for you by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

GEICO sells auto insurance along with home, renters and motorcycle insurance. Positive reviews highlight the company’s customer service and low rates. As a direct provider, GEICO can offer lower rates than many of its competitors.

PROS

• Average annual savings of $500 for new policyholders based on a 2018 GEICO national survey
  • Free and easy online quote and buying process
  • Mobile app makes it easy to view policies, request roadside assistance and file claims
  • Competitive rates
  • Fast claims processing

CONS

• Low credit score can increase premiums in some states
  • No discounts for hybrid or electric cars

Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes

4022 GEICO Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Customer service is not customer friendly. Call is transferred instead of being answered. And then the person says he is in another department and is not knowledgeable with your problem. Must look for another company.

Original review: April 18, 2019

GEICO won't cover the most expensive parts of my repair because they say they were "man made" which they were not! They are cheap and perpetuating insurance fraud. DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE AGENCY!

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Legal robbery: Geico just doubled my policy, that’s a 100% increase! One accident, what about still paying you when I don’t make a claim? That’s why we have insurance so that when there is an accident insurance companies are there. I see no reasonable explanation for this massive increase as your agent lied when he said I’m a greater risk of having another accident. That’s BS - statistically there’s actually a lower chance of having an accident again. Just like when a plane crashes and kills all on board, statistically it’s the safest time to fly so I just don’t buy it. Will start looking for another fairer insurance company but maybe hard to find in this country.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have had a speeding ticket on my 2015 car for two year. Geico moved the ticket to my husbands 2017 car, where he has had none so they could raise our insurance? When I question it they said it is legal and they are giving me the best compatible price. We have been with them for over 10 yrs, and they do not care about the person.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Geico mixed up my VIN number with an identical car's, which after about a year of service ended up getting the car impounded this morning. I spoke to two representatives, who could verify that they had indeed made a mistake and they got that fixed. However, they did not want to pay the more than $350 in towing and parking ticket fees that I had to pay to get my card back. Finding a new insurance company that actually cares about customer retention ASAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: April 12, 2019

My experience with Geico has been nothing but a fiasco. Claim filed 01/06/19, it is now 04/12/19 with no claim settlement in sight. I filed a complaint with my state insurance commissioner which led nowhere except to have a charming conversation with a claims adjuster manager "Dale" that reiterated his corporation's stance and began strongarm tactics to get me to close my claim out or risk having it cancelled due to "lack of interest".

The vehicle was undervalued and the parts and labor for the few months prior were compensated at less than 10% of the original cost. $3000 of repairs were compensated at a pittance with less than 5k miles and 3 months between the accident and the work being completed for a replacement timing chain, clutch, water pump, and oil pump. These are not cosmetic or minor function parts... These are critical wear items whose replacement allowed my vehicle to be roadworthy for the foreseeable future. Doesn't matter to Geico! They have an "algorithm", dontcha know?!

I never expected to receive 100% of my parts and labor, but I did expect to receive just compensation for a critical transportation loss. We aren't even close! Between the undervaluing of my vehicle and the outright theft of virtually brand new parts, a fair estimate is that I'm in the hole about $2,000. Buyer beware! Their insurance seems great until you get to the nitty gritty of trying to extract your hard earned dollars from your lost transportation investment. Go somewhere... ANYWHERE... else for insurance! You will not regret that decision!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I missed my payment which is my fault. Geico canceled the policy and re-issued the identical policy and charged me $381 more. I have no speeding or moving violations since 1998. When I inquired why that is, I was informed that all customers pay into a pool of money that claims get paid out of. Arizona along with a few other states have a higher frequency of accidents and severity. My policy was canceled 5 days ago and the new one issued today. I needed to drive my vehicle so I purchased the policy but will be shopping around. Very disappointment commercial customer, Business beware!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Please if you ever get into an accident with a Geico driver do yourself a favor and expect phone calls and emails to go unanswered, when you do reach somebody they will always transfer you to a voicemail of somebody on vacation, you will be given to people who have no idea what they are doing and in most cases not the person who can help in the first place. It is the WORST possible company to deal with and you should run not walk to your lawyer's office if you need to get something done with Geico.

Original review: April 11, 2019

For May 2019 our family bill for auto insurance jumped a 38% increase. None of us had tickets or claims; we had the same cars, same addresses. Geico's explanation was that they were using a different method to calculate rates and the cost of doing business due to cars come with technologies. They treat us like we are stupid. My wife almost pay the bill with automatic payment like many of customers may overlook the bill, especially seniors. They will lose lot of customers and get class action lawsuits.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I got my first car and got insurance through Geico and was told that I could have it somewhat like Pre-pay because personally I don't like using or having anything I do not own first. A month later I cancel my auto-pay that I did not enroll in and also because I was not using the car anymore. I then got billed for the next month even though I was told I would not be billed unless I pay first. I then had to call in and request a cancellation but still owed 127$ for insurance I wasn't using nor did I even know I was still covered.

Now they are attacking my credit score until I pay for something I didn't even use nor know I had. The only way to remove it is to pay the money or have proof I sold the car. I stopped driving it because it fell apart "500$" car by the way. They are not clear on what they claim and you will be told different things by different representatives. I will not be ever using them again. I feel scammed and cheat to some extent. They also changed my billing right around the time I tried to cancel it from 147$ a month to 288$ without my permission. I will say Geico is more snakes than geckos.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I received my car renewal with a 40% increase. I called and asked why and they said I am an at risk driver. My wife was rear ended twice, which was not her fault. I was hit by a driver that ran a red light that was not my fault. Geico still gives me a 5 year good driver discount but jacked my rates 40%.

Original review: April 9, 2019

A driver with Geico insurance hit my car, they were found 100% at fault in the accident. Geico did not provide me with correct information initially and could not schedule the rental car at the time of my drop off but instead puts the onus on me to call them back. Based on the two phone calls I have had so far, I wouldn't use Geico for my insurance agency based on their lack of clarity with communication.

Original review: April 9, 2019

After looking around I managed to find somewhere that would give me the same coverage for $70 less per month. When I called Geico to cancel my policy after signing up with the other company, the representative on the phone was condescending and acted like I was an idiot, said something about how "insurance is very competitive" and there was no way I had the same coverage (I actually had slightly better coverage). They were very nice over the phone when I got into an accident but every insurance company is that way on their claim line.

Original review: April 8, 2019

For May 2019 our family bill for auto insurance jumped from $1320 to $1957, a 48% increase. None of us had tickets or claims; we had the same cars, same addresses. Geico's explanation was that they were using a different method to calculate rates. We will be looking elsewhere.

Original review: April 8, 2019

They will find any way they can to ensure their "estimate" of the repairs on your car fall below your deductible so they are not liable for any damages that occur to your vehicle. They do NOT publish their rates or preferred providers for this reason. As it is I pay 150 dollars a month for insurance and now I'm saddled with a 2000 dollar repair bill that my collision insurance decided was a 500$ estimated repair, well below my 1000$ deductible. Keep in mind, even if I went to a second hand shop with a cheaper labor rate, they still wouldn't cover anything because THEIR estimate based upon THEIR unpublished labor and part estimates didn't add up to my deductible. The reality of the situation doesn't matter. Will not do business with them again.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Good Morning, Me and my family have been Geico for well over 15+ years. My mother and father name is Ethel & Isaac ** in Cheriton, VA. When I financed my vehicle I was fully covered and anytime there's a lien on the vehicle I made sure I was fully covered. I left you guys in 2017 and went to Allstate, and was solicited back to Geico because I miss your service. The same car from 2017 my Nissan Altima was re-insured by you guys.

I made it very clear I wanted full coverage like I've always had on my car. I called in 12/2018 to add a car I owned free and clear and specifically stated I wanted liability on the Crown Victoria and only full coverage on Nissan Altima. The rep assured me my policies is what I asked for, I called in 3-4 weeks ago and lowered my deductibles to $100 because a friend of mine was in a accident and their deductibles were too high.

Even then the rep confirmed I was fully covered. 3/30 I get into an accident, the rep advised I am fully comprehensive covered not including collision. I never was offered or knew collision was a separate insurance entity. I am very disappointed that no rep corrected me to assure my plan was what I wanted. My parents were shocked because they have comprehensive bumper to bumper (what I thought I had, this whole time). Now I'm stuck, my car impounded, I am carless and my bday was on Tuesday. I was hoping someone with empathy and understanding would help me, but I've had to chase down management because they wouldn't call me back.

Original review: April 3, 2019

It took 7 phone calls to get a REASON. They said I had 3 claims in 5 years and it put me in a bad risk category. I had two cars hit my rear end I never used them as I contacted the other insurance company who fixed my car. One claim was a no cost to them as my undercarriage was damaged in a parking lot from a REBAR STICKING OUT of the ground. I repaired the damage myself. So no cost to them. So how do they justify a 100 increase here? So I went to another insurance company that gave me a better price before their fictitious increase. And yet they send me a letter every month asking me to reapply. What nerve these people have.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have had a Geico auto policy for several years, however, about last January (2019) I received a notice that I was going to be charged for my daughter being added to my policy. She is 17 and although has a license she does not drive our vehicles. I called Geico and explained this and was told that she would still be added. During this conversation the person on the phone gave the indication that this was a Florida state law. I told the representative I did not authorize her to be added to my policy nor did I authorize any additional charges.

I then began to look into the matter and found out that this is not a state law, therefore, I called Geico back to find out why I would have received this sort of indication when it isn't correct. I was told that my daughter was being added to the policy as a courtesy in case there was a reason she would need to drive the car. I explained the in my home we have a policy, "If you want to drive, get a job and earn the money to pay for insurance. If there is an emergency, call 911." I told the representative that I did not authorize her to be added to my policy nor did I authorize any additional charges.

I began shopping for a different insurance provider and after securing coverage I cancelled my Geico policy. I was told that there would be a charge for my daughter being added. I explained that I did not authorize that. I made this clear both in phone calls as well as by email. I further explained that at any point Geico could have chosen to cancel my policy since I would not purchase what they wanted me to, however, they did not cancel it, therefore, I assume that they are ok with my stipulation. I was told that, in essence they just ignored what I said and proceeded with adding charges to my policy. After some further questioning the Geico representative admitted that they would not want this done to them and that this was an unpopular policy that was being reviewed.

Here's my point, I am the customer. You may charge me for what I agree to purchase. If that is not acceptable then simply say that and we will part company and not do business, no harm, no foul. Here's the problem, I am now getting collection letters from Geico for a bill of about $75. I am wasting so much time dealing with this but am doing so on principle, including writing this review. My hope is to help a potential customer with information that won't be readily available from Geico. It's very sad that companies choose to operate in such a deceitful way.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Checking my emails this morning I was outraged that GEICO took it upon themselves, and without informing me, that they were raising my auto insurance rate by 30%! There was NO justification for this action, ie, no accidents on my part. I called GEICO and spoke to a specialist, Jennifer, who informed me that the increase was for their cost for doing business. UNACCEPTABLE!!! I am currently looking for a new insurance company.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Called me repeatedly even after I blocked their phone number, I unsubscribed to their spammy email too but yet they continue to email and call me. I wish I never got a quote from them. They just won't stop harassing me even after I told them to stop calling me. I have half a mind to file a lawsuit.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Had a front-end collision at 45 mph in a unibody car (made to crumple/absorb impact and not hurt vehicle occupants). Turned in the claim- adjuster and body shop looked at car, came up with estimate and started work. Then a few days later, required another supplement for additional damage (grille and small body components not included with the other components ordered). Then another supplement for more damage that was missed (bent tie rod- how do you miss that?!?) and repair was delayed waiting for more parts.

After 3 1/2 weeks of waiting, got the car back and it looked great. But I noticed shake/vibration throughout car that was especially noticeable at higher speeds. I immediately looked under the car and noticed the K member for steering gear and motor mounts was damaged and splashguard was missing (more missed damage!). Took the car back and addressed complaints with vibration and K member, which the body shop HAD to have touched to reassemble front brace between radiator support and K member.

Geico had to come out and approve another supplement while fighting me on it the whole time. I paid out of pocket for the other front tire to be balanced (just in case) because Geico would not pay for it despite front end collision/car going off road into median and barrier. After another 1 1/2 weeks of repair/insurance games, got the car back. Still had a vibration and steering had a new issue: there was slack, indicating something wrong with steering column and/or steering gear. Immediately took the car to a suspension shop after test drive because body shop was not proving to be competent and found the bolt that holds steering column shaft to the steering gear was missing! This means in a short amount of time, the steering would disconnect and I would have 0 control of the car.

Suspension shop also found the carrier bearing was damaged on the drive shaft. I called Geico and had them come look at the damage although I already ordered a new driveshaft and had it shipped to the suspension shop for replacement- Geico did not reimburse me for this as "it is normal wear item". I had 130k racing miles on another EXACT car and NEVER had a carrier bearing issue on it yet "it is normal wear" excuse... Went back to body shop and complained about missing bolt and they found it! They immediately delivered it to the suspension shop. Got my car back two days later with new driveshaft- still shaking and vibrating. Took my car back to the body shop and complained again; took lead technician on test drive and they agreed. They told me could be a rim or rear shock.

I also ran a Carfax and found that when Geico did the initial adjustment, they noted structural damage and this was added to my car history. I specifically previously asked if there was frame damage and both Geico and the body shop told me "No". I brought this up and Geico said "well, there was minimal damage to the lower frame rail" (bull crap- I saw the damage with my own eyes when the car was wrecked) and that "structural damage could be something as simple as a fender". I INSISTED on having a frame inspection at this point.

After a few more days of jerking around and escalating to multiple upper levels of adjusters at Geico, they agreed to pay to put the car on a frame rack to check frame, but I had the body shop check out the rims first, which they say one of the rears had a bend in it and could not be balanced; they also said tires had cupping. Funny thing is that they were brand new tires that I put on the car as soon as I got it back from the body shop the first time BECAUSE of the vibration- this is not my first rodeo. And when I had that done, that tire shop did not note any issues with the rim. Body shop was OUTRIGHT LYING TO ME! Gave the body shop another set of wheels which they said "fixed the issue" when they drove the car, but I insisted they put the car on frame rack and inspect it anyway.

After three days- a frame inspection only takes a few hours, by the way- the body shop had the frame inspected and was ready for me to pick up. I verified no cupping on tires and no bends in any of original rims despite notes from the body shop and drove the car (with the alternate set of rims) and vibration was gone! Had the original rims immediately checked by another shop (I stood and watched as they spun the wheel and checked balance) and NO ISSUES found. I put the original rims back on the car and STILL NO VIBRATION.

Here is what happened: Geico did the math and realized that they would have to total my car for the amount it would cost to get it back to acceptable working condition ($17,000) again, which would include additional framework and inspection. So once they got close to the 75% cost mark ($12,000 or so), they stopped paying for things and started shifting costs over to me and the body shop (screwing us both).

I paid $1200 out of pocket in troubleshooting + $500 deductible. Furthermore, body shop took on the work and rushed the job/did not push the issue with insurance to do the job correctly (which complicated things because they didn't want to have to admit any fault at that point), which Geico took advantage of because they don't want to pay any more than they have to. 100% confident that during that three day frame inspection, the body shop found the frame was still not in spec and fixed it on their own time and money while creating false narrative of "rim damage" that Geico would not pay for because they knew there was nothing wrong with the rim. After they got the frame right, they inspected again, generated the inspection paperwork, and proved car was acceptable. This took TWO MONTHS to fix to satisfactory condition.

STAY AWAY FROM GEICO and be VERY careful about who you pick to do your body work! Otherwise, you better be technically inclined, have common sense, have good automotive knowledge, have a lot of extra time to micromanage where Geico refuses, and have a lawyer on hand should the body shop refuse to make things right in light of Geico not wanting to pay them to do things the right way. This was a complete nightmare and could have gotten worse if the body shop had not made things right despite Geico screwing everyone.

Original review: March 27, 2019

All four tires on my vehicle have been stolen from my car. I reported it to Geico and put in my claim. After explaining that my tires are 18 inch and I don't know if I want those or original tires, they took the word of the dealership and fixed my car with wrong tires. When I told them they basically told me there is nothing they can do. So in the end I lost over $1000 because them and Honda went ahead and fixed my car without my knowledge. GEICO IS NOT FOR YOU. I been with them for over 20 years and they treated my case like a piece of dog **.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Sitting in traffic jam, car in front says I hit them. I was surprised got out and looked. No damage to my car or theirs. They point to a few scratches. Not impact damage. I admitted I wasn't sitting there staring at their car, IF my foot eased off the brake and I had made contact it wasn't enough to make me aware of it or do any damage. We take photos, GEICO calls me, I tell them same. Year later I find out they got GEICO for ? $4.500.00 front and rear damage. I was given a AT FAULT accident on my record.

After I found out I call GEICO, they say, "Per our records you said your foot came off the brake." Which is did say during a conversation. They never sent an adjuster out to see this car that claimed to be in a 3 car accident. The car in front of them they say they hit never reported and my car had zero damage so? I figure they got lazy. I'm a commercial driver so it's cost me job opportunities. It would be my first at fault accident. To make matters worse I was rear ended twice at stop lights. I had uninsured driver coverage. Those claims have resulted in a $753 a month premium.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My 2005 Honda Accord was stolen from my home, when I realized that my car was stolen I immediately contacted the police. The police came and then did a follow-up at my job to see how I was doing and to get my information. I then contacted GEICO to notify them of the theft, I was assigned a adjuster who seemed very nice and gave the impression that she was here to help.

After giving a recorded statement and faxing overall required information I was told that if anything changes to contact her back (reassuring me that she was here to help). Not even 2 weeks before this happen I had just spent almost $600 fixing the car, the car had a malfunction where the key would sometimes get stuck in the ignition as I explained to the company. My car was recovered the same day but was later deemed a total loss. Now GEICO is refusing to pay for a rental car or close out for the total loss. I have contacted the company on several occasions and asked if I should seek legal representation about the hard time that I am receiving with getting help even for a rental car. My car was stolen and I am being treated as if I am the criminal. I have been with the company for over 5 years and this is the worst that anyone can be treated with no resolution.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have been with Geico now for more than five years. My car got in an accident in December 2018. The claim was paid by Progressive insurance since it was the party driving the car was determined to be at fault by CHP. A week after had a problem with the amplifier of the car and all lights went out inside the car. Geico inspected the car while at BMW repair shop and it was found that water damaged the amplifier. Geico claims rep denied the claim and I ended paying $3700 from my pocket. I have made multiple trips for inspection by Geico tech at body shops and so far have received a single penny. My only suggestion to you it takes a lot of time and effort so please don't go with Geico as they are very good at collecting money and paying themselves a big salary while stealing from middle class individuals.

Original review: March 22, 2019

After a car accident that my wife had, we contacted Geico to take care of repairs for car. Initially experience seemed ok. Insurance adjuster named Regina ** (**) came out to my house where my wife’s car was located. Regina seemed nice. Took pictures. Asked a few questions. Gave impression she was here to help. Very pleasant given circumstances of broken car. So we shook hands, she left and few days later car was picked up and taken to mechanic. That’s when it started to become apparent that this was going to be a major headache.

Adjuster gave quote of damage around 1,200 dollars. Later on turned out to be like 4K. My wife’s car has been sitting at mechanic for more than a month. Repairs would take less than a week of course. Several things have happened over the course of close to a 5 week period. Not only is it completely hard to get ahold of the adjuster, but she tried to continue to pull some garbage by trying to order car parts from a junk yard lol. Despite mechanic and me telling her it’s unacceptable. That’s if I can even get ahold of her.

She’s an adjuster in Nevada. But was sent to where I live in Washington state. Which has its own issues. Assuming she went back to Nevada same day I initially saw her. I believe there has been some clear tactics used to delay return of car. Actual car repairs are less than a week. Axle, alignment issue. But now sits about 5 weeks. Still no car. I absolutely don’t blame mechanic shop for any delay. Insurance adjuster has to approve and repair to car, since she doesn’t even call people back it makes fixing car almost impossible. Regina **, working for Geico seems nice but really tried to screw us. I hope people read this and steer away from this adjuster.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have had Geico for over 17 years. (full coverage with rental coverage) As of March 3.2019 my car was in a accident and disabled. Geico was good about covering a tow truck and arranging for a rental the next day. BUT, this is where things go downhill. Geico assures me that I can take my car to any repair shop. So I leave my car at the shop that towed my car. Well, the adjuster came out on the 5th and does a cosmetic estimate, because he would not get down on the ground to look underneath the car "hit a curb and tore the axle out from under" so the estimate is for 1600 and two day repair, (not looking at the damage under the car).

Anyways, the small repair shop could not get the repairs done in time Geico said they should. The 15th of March (11 days) Geico cancels my rental car. So I call and tell them to tow my car to a Geico preferred shop that has the adjuster in house. They cannot get my car on the lift to see the damage of the axle. so they used a car jack to pick up the front end.find some damage but can not see the back end damage. there for they are repairing the front so they can get it up on lift to see the back, (STILL WILL NOT GIVE ME A RENTAL) WILL NOT RETURN CALLS AND IT IS THE 21ST OF MARCH and I have made several calls, all unanswered until my husband calls on his phone and does *67 so they don't know who is calling.

They said they have spent too much money already... My policy states, rental coverage at up to $50 a day up to 31 days or $1500. My calculations says I still have 20 more days and or $950. WHY AM I PAYING FOR RENTAL CAR ON MY POLICY??? THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH ANY INSURANCE COMPANY in my life.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I switched to GEICO 12 years ago. Auto insurance rates are still the best for my zip code even they increase it about 10% a year. I love GEICO US-based customer service. Also, it is easy to use their website. This love ends when you need GEICO to pay and restore your car. They take care of windshield and glass, but repairs higher in cost. They will pay only a fraction of what it takes to repair. I had a minor crack in bumper cover and submitted a claim with two independent body shop estimates attached.

GEICO claim department sent me to an insurance approved body shop one more time to take pictures of damages. Then, GEICO adjuster on another side of the State came up with his own estimate that is half of submitted in the claim. They quickly sent a check for few hundreds dollars. Done. All my calls to customer care, provided additional information, all resulted in nothing. It's like you hit a wall. Only after I submitted a complaint to State Insurance Department I've got additional hundred dollars check. What a joke!

I'm not happy with claims process at all. GEICO does not take full care of your problem and pay very little to you, so it is not enough to fix the problem on your own. It was stupid of me paying GEICO for full coverage that long. My friend also had a recent bad experience with GEICO paid only fraction of totaled wife's car. It's probably a pattern - GEICO does not pay nor taking care of problems.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've tried reporting claims with my Geico insurances, and the online claims was completely useless. I called two weeks after I reported the claim to find out they hadn't even tried to get the police report, which would take another two weeks. It's a nice price insurance but I wouldn't suggested for people that might actually have an accident and would need to use their insurance.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have had so much problems with Geico and my claim. I was in an accident and it was faulted as 50/50. I feel that they did not do a thorough investigation to merit this decision. I disagree with this and the police officers that came out to the scene also agree with me that I was not at fault! I have called Geico every day and I get different responses each time. The first time, someone told me that I would get coverage. Then the next day they said that there would be no coverage. They have also been very suspicious about the other vehicle’s insurance. Apparently it has been under investigation and they keep telling me that they don’t know if he has insurance.

GEICO expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. Today, the company operates their business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.

• Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if they take a while to decide how to act.

• 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.

• Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.

• Best for: New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky