GEICO

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They processed our claims quickly and without any dispute. We were able to get a rental car and they paid the mechanic directly, so it made with very easy and painless. We have been with Geico for several years and it has been a good experience so far. We have full coverage on one of our cars and liability only on our older car. The full coverage include a rental, which has been extremely useful. Our car was in the shop for about a week and it was nice to still have transportation for both myself and my husband.

It is a good price and I have been satisfied with the coverage. My husband and I had a lot of speeding tickets on our records and so other companies would not insure us and it was nice to have Geico as an option, that wasn't too expensive. The people we have worked with have been helpful and easy to work with. I have spoken with many different agents and they have all been workable and helped make the difficult situation better. I have been satisfied with my interactions with Geico.

The claims processing dept at Geico is good. They help you if you need help. Geico we love their insurance. Their coverage covers a lot of things you need. They are a good company to go with. The value with Geico insurance is good and cheap that is why we went with them. Their coverage and the value is very affordable to go with. I would say yes go with it. I like the customer service they have. They help you when you need help. Their customer service dept are the best. The customer service dept is exceptionally good overall.

I was able to quickly and easily get a quote and then get paid for having the work done. They made it simple and convenient and treated me well during the entire process. They have a variety of coverage options that let me choose the best plan for me. Since my vehicle is old and not worth much I only wanted a basic plan but with enough to take care of me. I was easily able to do that. I was able to get the same basic coverage that I had with my previous 'name brand' carrier, USAA. Their cost was slightly less and they seem to be just as good, if not better in some ways. I feel good about switching to them as I still have decent coverage but for a lower price. At first I felt like just a number, just an anonymous client. But as I got to know a person when dealing with a claim my service was much better and more personalized. They were always polite and friendly.

I never had to file a claim because thank god never had an accident but like other insurance companies you make the claim and then the adjuster contacts you, checks out your car and then shortly after he authorizes the payment. They have the best coverage ever. They are great. Any place you go you can be sure that you will be protected all the way so you can feel secure anywhere you must go or travel all around. They add a significant amount of value. Not only do they value you as a customer but also as a person. They really care about all their customer wherever you might be or located. They also have the best customer service ever. It does not matter who you might talk to they are always happy to help you. All of their employees are super friendly all the time.

I've actually had to use the claims process twice since being with Geico. I found that any claim documents could be accessed easily online. Everyone I dealt with was very helpful during the process. My car was fixed super fast. It so simple to change your coverage options via the internet. You can easily change collision, comprehension, even rental reimbursement from the comfort of home.

Dealing with a customer service rep is always pleasant. They are always helpful and polite. My claims were handled very quickly. A rep dropped off a check for my vehicle to be fixed. My car was fixed and life was good again in no time! Always polite, helpful and caring. Every time I've called or received a call from them, the person on the other end has been a blessing to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

I have to easily say that they were honestly one of the best auto insurance companies who actually process the claims fast and very efficiently. They definitely knew what they were doing and super helpful. I have to admit that I am pretty satisfied with the coverage that I have had thus far. I can't say that I am totally happy because I haven't had anything major happen to me but my rating may change in the future. If I had to say something about the value I would say that I am pretty happy. Though it may not be the necessarily cheapest thing that is out there, they are at least one of the more affordable brands. You know I am very happy to say that I actually enjoyed the customer service because they were at least friendly and nice. Other companies are just plain rude.

I had to file a claim many years ago. It was the first claim I ever filed and they doubled my rate. They are not very forgiving. They should have accident forgiveness like some of their competition does. Their coverage is adequate to meet my needs. I can't complain. It could be much worse. I have all of my coverages set at the minimum for my state so I can keep my premium and my deductible lower. I don't know if I can really say that being insured by them has added value to my life. It gives me peace of mind to know that I am covered no matter what happens. Their customer service is alright. Nothing to write home about. They have the kind of wait times you would expect from a company its size. They usually are able to assist me with my needs.

Was in an accident other persons fault. They had Geico. Geico made a very stressful situation less stressful. After that I switched over to them. When my car was totaled they paid for the value of it and gave me a rental until I got the money. Great experience. Also paid for my and my passengers injuries. Geico is a great company. They have very helpful customer service. The price for insurance is also a great value as well. It covers so much important things for a great price. When I was in an accident they called me and treated me so great. They were more helpful and much nicer than my current at the time insurance company. Seemed very caring.

Have not had a claim yet so I would not know what the claim process is yet. But I was happy with the sign up process of Geico, best of all the pricing. Offered various options and deductibles. As well the quoting process allowed different quotes and price ranges for the various options and coverages available. It's was a much better value the exact same coverage and deductible as Allstate but was over $300 less for a 6 month policy. That was more than enough savings to justify the switch.

I have only filed one claim with them in 3 years, but they handled it very professional and efficient. I would highly recommend them for saving money on your policy. They offer every coverage imaginable for every vehicle imaginable. Not only did I find the prices were VERY competitive, but the amount of deductibles had ranges for every type of budget. After doing many searches by phone and also online for quotes from different companies, I found the value of Geico to be unbeatable. I have used several companies throughout my life, and I am very pleased with them. These days, I find it nearly impossible to have outstanding customer service. I have used several different departments within Geico including billing, claims, and road side assistance and have never had an issue that could not be resolved on the first contact.

The person on the phone was polite and helpful. After being in a car accident I was immediately told what the next steps were. Although the problems with insurance that I had were because of the person who hit my car's insurance I felt Geico didn't help to make it easier or faster. Geico has a lot of options and you can add and remove different options as you choose. For example we recently moved from NY to TX and the website made making changes to our account simple. My husband now works from home and lowered the coverage on his car very easily on the website.

I feel that it is a good value in NY. Although I have not shopped around for insurance since relocating to a less expensive place. I feel that it is a probably a good value here because our cost for coverage went down substantially after the move. Most of the representatives that I have been in contact with are very nice. They are thorough and attentive to detail. I felt that the local representative I was paired with were very sympathetic to my situation.

Processing claims is fairly fast and very easy. I recently had an accident and was able to get my claim processed in about 10 minutes. I highly recommend! Coverage is how little or how much you want. They will make a policy for you and keep you satisfied so you don't ever need another auto insurance company. It has made my life much easier knowing I have them on my side. I am content with my policy 100%. I would not want any other insurance company. Customer Service is always there to help anytime I need them. I don't need them very often because I am totally satisfied, but when I need them, they are there.

Involved in an auto accident, other party was at fault. I paid my deductible up front so I did not have to wait to have my car repaired. It has been 6 months and GEICO has continued to give me the run around with refunding my deductible. Sylvia ** in subrogation told me I had the choice to choose a $0 deductible, whose team is GEICO on? In addition to that, GEICO refused to cover my brake caliper that was clearly caused by a semi truck backing up into my car. I cannot wait to stop GEICO, horrible piss poor service.

The claim agent didn't do a complete walk around and did not take picture unless pointed out by us. We were side swiped by an angry driver. He got 90%, we got 10%. UNFAIR. We had enough choices when choosing the coverage options. We had no trouble choosing the best option for us with the premium prices available to us. The value is lower than most other automobile insurances out there. They have a good options of payment plans and affordable premiums. The interaction with customer service is easy and it's easy to reach them anytime on the free 1-800- number. They are helpful and answer all your questions.

Their claim center was at the buick dealership where my car was serviced. We got a free rental. The repairs were done on time and the job was very professional. My car is now covered by my daughters plan and she and her husband took care of obtaining the policy. We bundled all of our insurance - home, auto and umbrella- when we purchased. Prior to that, we had been long term customers of farmers. In addition to the one auto claim, we filed on claim on the home insurance. With Geico, you do everything online. There is no customer service people involved nor do you get a call from an agent trying to sell you other products.

Very easy to process. I never had a problem processing any claim I have had with them. I would recommend Geico to my closest friends without reservation. They have coverage for varying budgets. I have never had issue with any coverage. I have never been underinsured or paid for coverage that I didn't need. The value I receive from my coverage with Geico goes beyond auto insurance. It is peace of mind and that is priceless. I have never been caught without coverage whenever I have had to put in claim. Geico's customer service personnel are friendly, personable and knowledgeable. I have never had less than a stellar interaction with any Geico employees or claims adjusters.

The claims processing was fast and the agent was helpful and personable. She contacted me back in the provided timeframes and helped calm me and ensured everything was handled in a timely manner. They have plenty of coverage options that fit my needs. I was very satisfied with the options available and the ease of selection. They had very competitive rates that kept me interested and helped me to decide on which coverage fit what I would need the best.

The plans and their costs have allowed me to stress less about the little things and allowed me to focus on my other bills more. I felt the quality of the service and the plans available at the rates provided were a great value and I'd recommend Geico without a doubt. Anytime I've had to contact Geico's customer service department I was helped in a reasonable amount of time and the representatives I've spoken with have been friendly and helpful. The wait times on hold are a little long but nowhere near as bad as many other companies I deal with.

My husband and son were in a accident and we didn't have to worry about a thing. They came to us with things as simple as signing forms. Sure took a lot of weight off of our shoulders! When I looked for coverage the agent explained everything in detail and made sure I knew what was and wasn't covered. I was very thankful for that. The agent helped me find what I could afford. She wasn't pushy or bossy. She just simply helped me out. Usually insurance companies just want your money and don't care about the people. I can't say enough about their customer service. From getting me the best price to explaining the coverage I was getting I totally felt like they were working with me for me.

Every year this company nickel and dimes you to death. Rates go up for no reason. Even ALLSTATE is cheaper than GEICO. This company is just a big scam. I would hate to see if I got into a wreck. My good rates would climb for sure.

I've had GEICO for many years but never had to use their services. Until, I got into an accident that was clearly the other vehicle's fault, which happens to have GEICO as well. GEICO decided that the accident was no one's fault since we both had different stories. Which is stupid cause if they did an investigation it would have clearly been the other driver's fault. They considered my Jeep a total loss and gave me a measly $3000 for it.

In the meantime, it took them over 2 months to get this money. I wasn't provided a rental because it was up to the other vehicles provider to do that (WHICH WAS GEICO!!!). Every time I called I had to explain the situation over and over, no one seemed to want to help. They kept tossing me to the agents that never picked up. I ended up dropping them after this and went to State Farm which was way cheaper! So far so good, let's see how they act when an accident happens...

I was rear-ended by a driver while parking, causing obvious damage to the rear driver's side quarter panel of my truck, and damage to the front of his car. I had two witnesses that were unrelated to me agree to speak with the police and Geico. They never were contacted. I spoke with the agent reviewing my claim and she had come to her conclusion that we were both at fault and they were going to pay the claim to his insurance from her observations on Google Earth. When I asked her if she looked at when the image was captured by Google Earth and if she was aware that the street may have changed since that point, I received no explanation. She never went to the scene of the accident in person (Denver, CO), nor did she inspect the damage on my vehicle or the other involved in the accident. It was determined from an Internet satellite image from her desk in Texas. Ridiculous! This should have been cut and dry.

Besides the obvious location of the damage it was clear I was not at fault, unless my truck can drive sideways. I also had two witnesses say he obviously got annoyed and impatient and attempted to aggressively pass me and didn't have enough room. When I called to speak with her manager, I had much trouble reaching him personally and left three messages. I got a call back after the third message and almost two weeks, but I wasn't home, so he left a message stating "he was sorry for my experience and would take care of this".

After that I made calls to him on about five more occasions, each time reaching only his voicemail. When I tried another number out of desperation, I was told he was gone on vacation. Never heard back. Their lack of effort, concern and acceptable investigative process left me with my first accident in my 38 years of driving! Geico is horrible, do not use them! I'm now with State Farm and very satisfied with their personal service.

Covers everything I need on my dumpy 2001 Toyota Corolla. Only concern is liability, since the car looks like cats were living in it before I bought it (tears in roof fabric), the door handles keep breaking, and I nearly gave birth to my son in the backseat on the way to the birth center. Like I said, good coverage, affordable price, only need liability, no claims. Seems good from this perspective so far. They leave us alone, and if we need info or want to make a change to our policy, they are easy to contact, easy to work with. They get it done fast, no upsell, no lollygag. Website is great.

I was insured with Geico and things was great, until now that I had been treated for my neck and upper part due my car accident in March 4th, 2016. It was snowing that day, and the road was bad. I went off the road and my car went debris was on the side of the road, and caused damaged to the lower front part of the car. It affected my radiation. It was leaking and some other damages, it was a sudden moment and I tried to control the car from falling in the ditch. I fell forward, backwards and side ways during the time of the accident. Banging my head against the window and the wheel. I didn't go to the hospital immediately until later on in a month. I felt pain on my neck left side and constant headache.

After 3 different MRI at the Providence they didn't find anything but my pain was getting worse. I thought I might had a stroke and check back in at the emergency. They run tests and find nothing. I decided to visit the Chiropractor for adjustment after few visits at the Providence and I was still in pain constantly. I used cold pack ice, heating pads daily was my only reliever. After my first visit with Dr. ** Chiropractor with adjustment, therapy and massage my headache disappeared and I was able to move around freely. and can sit up longer.

Well my medical charge was sent to Geico and they refuse to pay, and the next thing I know they dropped my car insurance, they send me to their own Doctor for review. I receive a certified letter from the Adjuster Brian **. They are evaluation my claim, at the meantime I contacted Geico twice on their 800.841.3000 11/1//16 - ** (csr), 11/22/16 - ** (csr). Both of them told me Mgr. Tim ** suppose to call me. After waiting for two weeks Tim ** call me today 11/28/2016 at 11 am Alaska time. He told me he send me a letter over 2 weeks. Geico cancel my policy due to my high charge of my medical bills from Dr. ** Chiropractor. I told him I have not received the letter. He continued to tell me it was send over 2 weeks. After few minutes I told him I was driving my car for 2 weeks without coverage. If I would get in an accident I could get in trouble, because I didn't know they drop my insurance.

I also asked him if this was legal. He said he become irate and defensive, then hung up. He just argued he send a letter via registered and I repeated I never receive any letter from him or Geico. Before he hung up I told him I will see him in court. I feel that was not legal of them to refuse to pay my bill due to my accident. After raising his voice and been defensive he hung up. I am very unhappy with this company. I will probably take them to court. I paid the most high money for my policy and they just drop me because my medical was too high. I paid the highest medical in my policy. I will continue this complain if I have to write Congress about my problem, they need to be told of their poor service and rude unqualified employees.

Claims personnel can be rude and not understanding. Had to have a claim reassigned several times until I received a claims person who actually called back and kept me updated. First few reps were rude and very unfeeling. Geico has many options for different coverage, but after being a Geico customer, military as well, for 23 years, all I can say is that they have become very expensive and only minimum options are at all affordable. As a military widow, I can only afford the most basic coverage, which is not enough to be comfortable. Geico used to be a great insurance with great rates for military especially, but it no longer is. I have called several times to find out why my rate keeps getting more expensive for less coverage. The customer service people usually put me on a lengthy hold, then return with garbled explanations that make no sense. In other words, they just keep raising rates for me.

Some punk broke into one of our cars to steal the whole center console. We called Geico, and they gave us the number of the person who was supposed to inspect the car. They paid for the tow to the dealer, car got inspected, then fixed quickly. I have full coverage on both vehicles because they're both leases. The price I got for both cars were the lowest when I was shopping around. It adds up to freeing more money for me and my family because of the low rates. Print service in my time of need, helped with peace of mind. I've had great dealings with customer service. When we got our second car, getting it insured while at the dealer was effortless. When one of the cars was broken into, customer service walked us through the process, which eased the stress of the situation.

I have heard the claims are fast and customers are very satisfied. They treat you like they should and are on your side to help in all matters relating to any accidents. They really put you at ease with the process. They have great rates for good drivers. I like how well they have saved me a lot of money over the years. They give good discounts too. I highly recommend them because it's worth the cost. By using them it frees up worries about who has the best rates. Geico hands down is the best. This gives me more money to spend on other items. I can take an extra trip because of the savings. I have never interacted with them because of my clean record. I have heard they are very courteous and get things down promptly. This is how a great company should always operate.

Thank you all who write reviews. I was reading thru them after I installed Geico mobile app and immediately UNINSTALLED it. Thanks for saving me what seemed like a huge headache! Just wanted to let you know that others DO READ your postings. Thanks again... This is no reflection on my Geico policies, which I'm very happy with, just the app...

Had two claims, each handled quickly... had no problems and was handled with no hassles or questions. Neither one was my fault and rates have not gone up. Coverage is great for the money, half the price of Progressive who I dropped due to expense and bad service. I get double the coverage plus roadside assistance and fast quality repairs with courteous service at all times. Once again, customer service has been great and friendly agents taking care of you at a stressful time...

From what I see it is a good choice for my situation. I mean I think it's enjoyable and just instant and fine. The coverage I have with this is perfect. It's what I need and no more than that. I think I may keep what I have right now. It happens to be perfect for me. It's a decent value but could be better for sure. I've had cheaper prices in the past for more than I was offered with this company. It is fair though for sure. I've have been taken care of in the best ways. Nothing drastic was what I was dealing with. It was perfect for me.

It was very easy because they handled everything - the car was totaled and I was compensation for the value. They took care of the other people that were involved which they made a claim for personal injury along with compensation for their automobile. I was not involved in anything and their lawyers handled the case for me.

They have different rates of coverage for different plans other than auto coverage. They also have homeowners, renters, motorcycle, etc. You can decide on what plan best suits your needs. The cost of their insurance is good for the value you receive. They are very easy to work with and I never had a problem of any type with this company. Their customer service is one of the best I've ever had to deal with. You can understand their service representatives very clearly and they speak to you in terms that you can understand.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. Today, the company operates their business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.
  • Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if they take a while to decide how to act.
  • 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
  • Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.
  • Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.
  • Best for New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Compare Auto Insurance