GEICO

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called GEICO to change my car on my insurance. They took my husband off my policy without my authorizing them to do so and replaced with my cosigner. When I called to ask why they did that they said I asked to, I did NOT! My rate went up almost $200, I was furious!!! They then cracked a PTSD joke about my cosigner not having a license at the age of 26 due to ptsd from being active military! The agents are rude as well as the supervisor who cracked the joke! I demanded a corporate number when they claim they didn't have. I told her she wasn't funny she was "laughing at the situation" the situation was A 26 YEAR OLD SOLDIER WITH PTSD and she found it funny! I however cancelled my policy and took my business elsewhere!

I'm also talking to a lawyer about this all as well! My lawyer said unless they had written permission to take my husband off my policy (which they didn't) they shouldn't of changed anything on it. Avoid this company at all costs! Terrible customer service and listening skills! I'll never go back to them. Thank you USAA for giving me a LOWER rate and great customer service versus this company. They claim care for their customers. GEICO is a joke.

I was told by Geico that if I find a cheaper quote that they would honor the difference. Well I did from The General Insurance company and guess what... Geico lied. I'm a DC resident and this is the worst car insurance in the whole DMV... Please stay clear of them at all cost!

A windshield chip repaired under my Geico comprehensive insurance failed. The statement on the Geico website regarding the Safelite repair said lifetime guarantee. It turns out there is no real guarantee. Because it failed in a big way we had to get the windshield replaced. We got the replacement for $10 less than we would have by just ignoring Geico and getting the windshield replaced by Safelite on our own. We might have saved more by shopping around. And we certainly could have found a more convenient glass shop. The closest Safelite was 11 miles away.

I was hit by a GEICO customer 3 months ago and he gave me all his information, license, insurance etc. for me to call his insurance, also I took picture of all his documents, plate, license, car, himself in the car and I upload all his information on Geico claim. When I spoke to one of the Geico - bad - customer - service adjuster she told me that she had all the info that she need to file the claim and the only EASY thing that she needs is to contact her customer... well after 3 months I received a phone call from this Geico CSR saying that they won't be able to process my claim because they weren't able to talk with their client... I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT A COMPANY LIKE THEM CAN'T CONTACT ONE OF THEIR CLIENTS, (maybe happen the same thing when their customer don't pay the insurance). Worst company ever.

I have had the absolute worst experience with GEICO. The rates were through the roof. I was considered high risk in spite of the fact that I had not had a ticket in over two years. I received an email that my policy was being cancelled with no explanation as to why. When I called to find out I was transferred to an underwriter who told me, (in her exact words) "Even though we knew about your tickets from two years ago we have decided that we can no longer cover you." And to top it off they sent me a bill stating that I still owe them a partial premium. I switched to a new company and it has been a night and day difference, even in the customer service. GEICO is a corporate machine only concerned with the bottom line.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

On 5/14/2017 I jumped a curve in my car to avoid hitting someone who swerved into my lane. I called Geico and the police. I had to file a claim because although I avoided hitting the car, my undercarriage and tire was destroyed from hitting the curve. As a responsible driver I avoided hitting someone, Geico wants to categorize me as at fault for avoiding the accident which raised my monthly premium $200. I now realize that they are horrible and used this as a way to raise my premium. And since this is on my record, now all the other insurance carriers will give me a high premium as well. I researched these tactics and there are several class action lawsuits describing the same unfair tactic that I experienced. They are horrible and I will be seeking legal advice regarding this matter.

Last year I filed a claim with Geico due to having some items stolen during a move, it took me awhile to get the paperwork in but I finally did, I never ever got anything to cover the cost of the items I had stolen, I also wrote personally to Geico and never got a reply or a change in claims adjuster. It's sad that a company that is suppose to be there for you doesn't do anything but will give to those who don't really need it. I will never use them again and I will never recommend friend or family to them.

Got a quote from GEICO for home insurance and I thought I'd go with it since I already had car insurance with them - simply thinking it would make my life easier. But boy was I way off the mark. Must have spoken to at least 6 to 7 agents over the phone spread over a week taking hours off from my work to talk to these people to get my quote approved (will take a whole page to list out my headache of an experience). Finally when I am close to getting it approved (about a week from my new house's target closing date) they say they can't give me the quoted price. So I said goodbye. Exhausting time-wasting experience. Extremely poor customer service.

I am going to cancel my car insurance also with them!!! Can't imagine being stuck with this company for a claim in the future! Going to shop for better insurance companies. Should have read ConsumerAffairs before shopping around for home insurance. Thanks to everyone else out here also for providing their experiences. My sympathies to you all.

I am writing this because I am at my wit's end and can use some help. My husband was involved in an accident and we have been receiving wage reimbursement from GEICO. Each month our funds typically arrive around the 24th until the month of May. We have not received a check in 38 days and each time I call GEICO I am getting pushed off and told they are doing everything they can. The stress this is causing my husband and I is terrible. I have a mortgage to pay and people do not seem to understand how this is creating a difficult situation. We have been very patient but are not getting the help we need. We have been GEICO clients for 18 years and to say I am disappointed in how we are being treated is an understatement.

Let's break this down. April 11 - car accident. April 14 - Ross ** adjuster comes out, adjust the car and states I did not have to pay the deductible because they were putting it with my claim. April 21 - Geico tow truck tows my car to body shop at Ourisman Chevrolet. May 7 - @ 4:52pm Ross leaves me a message stating he could not locate my car and if I knew anything about it. May 10 - I find my own car and it was sitting under a tree in the back of Ourisman since April 21st. May 16 - Geico refuses to continue to pay for my rental, mind you may car still not fixed. May 16th - Ourisman picks up the rental. June 2nd - car is half ready because they are waiting for a part to come in. June 2nd - I had to pay for $250 deductible Ross ** said I would not have to pay.

Colleen who is supposed to be his "supervisor" would do nothing o help the situation at all and Ross ** messed up. James ** who is Colleen's boss will not call me back!! Vincent who is the area supervisor will not call back. These people do not deserve to work for Geico because all of Geico workers are not this nasty and refusing to help. They are a disgrace to Geico...

I recently moved to SC and had to switch auto insurance, the company I had only insured in NJ. I made a call to Geico who gave me an 'unbelievably' great price. Trusting they are a nationally known I signed-up with them. I even transferred my homeowners to them. When talking to the sales rep I MADE SURE he knew everything on ALL our motor vehicle records. My daughter has a careless driving ticket and a not at fault accident (2013), which at 22 still costs more money. I also made sure the Rep knew my daughter had NOT taken any driver safety courses since she was 16. The price he gave me INCLUDED a driver's safety discount and OMITTED my daughter's 2013 accident. In one month with Geico I received TWO price increases; one for the accident and one for her not haven completed a safety course in the last three years.

Geico's NEW way of doing business is tell the caller ANYTHING to get them to sign with them and send the premium increase online or in the mail, depending on how you chose to be billed. They {GEICO} assumes consumers are lazy and won't do ANYTHING except pay the higher premium. I switched my home and autos into their trust only to be screwed [for a lack of a better term] by an insurance company that advertises how great they are.

Calls to their customer service are answered with 'OH WELL" and 'our sales team wouldn't do that'. Not only did they but they expect me to pay the higher premium for the short time I will be insured with them. Switching but I'm paid for the next couple weeks and do NOT trust them to send refund. My mortgage company helped me with the cancellation of the homeowner's policy. STAY AWAY FROM GEICO ~ STAY VERY FAR AWAY.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE! My car got flooded last year and needed a new floor and ball bearings due to the flood (words from the repair shop). Geico did not cover the ball bearings, which cost $600, even though it was flood damage, and now I have to get my brake line, the brake wheel cylinder, AND the bleeding screws replaced, an extra $550 out of pocket because the auto inspector WHO FLEW IN FROM PHILLY didn't do his job correctly. He only checked inside the car, not underneath the car, or the hood. He only cared about his paycheck, and now I have to suffer for it. No wonder this company sucks, it has a lizard as its spokesperson and really crappy people working for it. If they were truly "sorry for the inconvenience" and for the "unfortunate situation", then it would be fixed, instead of me constantly getting "I'm sorry." Man up, and do your job.

Secondly, roadside assistance is a joke. It takes them an HOUR OR MORE to get there to help, and the past two times I used this service, they were late. The first time, they didn't tell me they were going to be late until 15 minutes after their scheduled arrival time, so I had to cancel. I was using Tow Jam, a horribly unorganized Houston-based towing company, and I told the "customer service representative" to NOT send me Tow Jam for the reschedule, and who did they send me? TOW JAM.

The second time, which was last week, I was quoted 75 minutes. It was 15 minutes from the scheduled arrival time, and I get a text saying that they are having car trouble and they were going to be ANOTHER HOUR LATE. SERIOUSLY!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS. He asked me if I could wait for him, and I said, "I didn't have a choice." The driver replying the same thing, which was infuriating. He didn't even let me know when he arrived at my car. Guess who it was?? You are correct, it was TOW JAM. No wonder why he was late.

So then I called the roadside assistance department to complain, and again, all I got were "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." He then had the audacity to ask me if I would like to change my tow truck company. It's funny because the first time this happened I told them to not send me Tow Jam. You would think that since this is one of the biggest insurance companies in America that they would care, but then again, why would they? I am NEVER using Geico EVER AGAIN. And I will tell everyone to not use them because they are unprofessional, have horrible customer service, and they just apologize and nothing gets fixed, and I AM DONE.

A Geico insured driver ran a red light colliding with a vehicle first and then ultimately colliding with me and another vehicle. The police officer took statements from witnesses and cited the Geico insured driver for running a red light. The adjuster shows up and does his report which declares the vehicle a total. Two days later I am supposed to be receiving payment for the vehicle. Calling the adjuster has brought zero results and no return calls from them.

A month ago I called Geico and inquired about me moving to NC and leaving my truck behind in NH for my daughter/son in law to drive. The agent told me that the truck should be insured by my son in law and not me. Now that I moved to NC and my insurance was due on the 23rd. So I called them and was going to let the policy expire/cancel until June 21 because I didn't have the funds to register it or get an NC license and going to take the car off the road anyway to do a bunch of work to it. The agent was pushy and didn't pay attention to what I wanted. She was more interested in "not losing me." I had no intentions of leaving Geico. It just that I didn't want to renew and pay insurance for 2 maybe even 3 weeks while the car was being repaired, and while I didn't have the funds to get my license and register it, let alone pay for a policy I wasn't going to use for a few weeks anyway.

I'm not even sure what all transpired with this woman agent from Geico. She was going a hundred miles an hour and guess what? The agent 4 weeks ago said my son in law should insure the truck BUT! This woman put it on my policy anyway! This was totally manipulative on Geico's part and will never go back. I was with them for 15 years, no violations or accidents other than a no fault one of hitting a coyote. I was crapped on by a company I was loyal to for 15 years with no accidents or violations. THEN, they had no desire to work with me on it or fix it. Instead they charged me $77.87 for 4 days coverage.

I have been insured with Geico over 3 years. I renewed a 6 month policy in December, and was unfortunately t-boned in February. The other driver was found 100% at fault, and I had to go to her insurance company's mechanic for a quote on repairs. I showed up, they total out my car, and my recourse was a check for damages. Guess who the driver who hit me was insured by? GEICO. I thought it was a funny coincidence, and moved on. I made my last payment in May, and got a letter in the mail following week. I figured it was Geico letting me know I had to renew, which I planned to anyway. Nope! It was a letter they would no longer insure me because of my "driving record." Mind you, I had not been pulled over in over a year, nothing outstanding, and traffic ticket paid. Furthermore, since that ticket, they renewed my policy twice.

I called to speak with a rep and she gave me some line about checking drivers every 5 years (I was not with them that long...) and that they did not have a "bracket" to put me in. Then, it dawned on me... they dropped me because they had to pay me. There is no other reason for it. I had been warned of them before, but actually liked their services... wish I had listened. I called Progressive and was instantly approved for coverage more than $50 less than what I paid them for 3 years. They will never see another dime from me, and I've convinced others to make the switch as well. Shady, shady, shady business!

Recently I had a accident involving a Deer, I received a police report and proceeded to call Geico to start a claim. They took all information and said a adjuster would be in touch. I received a call and the adjuster informed me that possibly they wouldn't be able to pay out the claim as I needed to have a photo inspection which I was never informed of when signing up.

I get at least 3 text messages every month from Geico letting me know a payment is due and that they would be deducting it from my designated account, along with text message and email about payment. Wouldn't you think if I needed to get a photo that they could send the same courtesy messages or maybe even call, write letter something? It seems to me all they want is to collect my money, with no interest in my real protection under policy. They said it was suspended but continued to collect the premium. Please tell how this is fair. I have never made a claim under Geico after many years of making my payments. SEEMS So unfair and ethical. If I took people's money and didn't provide the service I would be in jail. Seen as they are a billion dollar company they have the right to take money without providing what I've been paying for??? More than frustrated and lost for words.

Geico is not interested to help anyone but itself. Some of their customer representatives are either lacking in professional training or straight liars. I called to understand more about my comprehensive coverage. For discussion purposes, I used an incident that happened 4 months earlier, in which I drove over a piece of debris on a freeway as an example. The customer representative told me that "it would be covered under comprehensive coverage," and "it should not affect your rates." A week later, I get a letter in the mail, stating that I was "principally at fault for an accident." When I called the phone number listed on the letter, claims representatives were not helpful and downright disrespectful in their tone. What good is an insurance company that have no interest in providing any service?

My cousin involved car accident, other driver cut in front of him while he was on the road. The police ruled other driver's fault. It is brand new car. According to NYC law, it required the car owner to submit the full inspection report to insurance company. When my cousin bought the car, the salesman said he will handle this and submit it to insurance company. He did not speak English, and GEICO didn't provide the translator service. Then he called me to be his translator. I am so angry after talked to one of GEICO representative. Then I guess GEICO is just want to do business with English-speaking person. If you don't speak English, GEICO is not for you.

Because my cousin didn't submit the inspection report himself, GEICO said they disable his collision coverage because he claim they never received the report from salesman. It is not cover by GEICO, and because it was other person's fault, and Travelers Insurance should pay for it. But he have to call Travelers Insurance himself. He called twice already (I guess he asked someone call for him), leave message, and haven't heard from Travelers Insurance. I am so angry about that. As customer, we purchased policy, sometime wrong, we have to handle the claim ourselves. What is the reason to purchase policy from GEICO. Where are you GEICO when we need you? The service should be include in the policy. I have three cars which all insurance through GEICO, and I am going to canceled my policy. I want the company that can be there for me when thing went wrong.

A guy turned into the side of my car in an intersection. We pulled over and exchanged info as gentlemen. I waited for the other party to leave, as I was concerned that maybe a witness would present themselves and speak to only one party. That didn't happen, as I watched the other party drive away. I reported the incident to Geico minutes later. I got a call from a Claims Supervisor. We spoke in detail about the incident, then he told me what to do next AND what he would do next. He would call me the following Monday morning. A week later I called as I'd not heard back. He said they're working on it, but seemed argumentative when I politely said, "Oh sorry, I was expecting to hear from you Monday." "Why would I call you Monday? I didn't know anything new."

10 days later I called and he acted as if I was holding up the process. I asked, "Is there additional info you need from me, or something I need to do further?" No. I felt that he was disrespectful and dismissive. He didn't seem to know the background of my claim or anything, even after I gave him all the info. THIS IS A FIRST FOR ME IN DEALING WITH ANY COMPANY but I politely requested that Matthew release my claim to another representative. I emailed and called Geico for days asking that this request be honored OR AT LEAST THAT SOMEONE DISCUSS IT WITH ME. After not receiving any followup, I called Matthew and demanded that I speak to a different rep. He said, "That's not gonna happen."

He called back within a week and said, "There's been a determination. Claim resolved. I'm sorry but your story conflicts with the other driver and there's no other evidence, so it's a draw. NO FAULT, but you'll have to pay your deductible." That bugged me, as I had done nothing wrong, but I accepted it and thanked him and that was it.

Sometime after that (6 weeks after the incident) he Mr **, Matthew left me a voicemail message explaining that a witness came out of the woodwork and supported the other driver's story. I knew that their story could not be true, but Matt said that I would lose if it went to court because the other party has a witness. I know there was no witness that came forward at the scene, or after the scene. I told him it sounds awfully fishy that an individual would witness a minor fender bender, not come forward, then more than a month later feel compelled to track down the drivers or insurance companies (how? I can't imagine), only to support the story of the other party, which I know is not true.

When I asked Mr. ** about WHEN the witness came forward, WHO they contacted, etc... He said, "They just did, that's all, and you have no defense so you lose." I said, "I'll bring you 3 witnesses tomorrow who will for surely support my story. Why didn't you tell me we could do that?" That guy is representing Geico. That's Geico. They are the best company until you need them to do something other than cash your premium payments. No one has access to my claim but MD. No one can get a supervisor or anyone else in Claims to call me back. No one can give me the name of someone I can get in touch with. I've even led with, "I'm not calling to make a case against your agent. I'm calling to get this matter resolved for ME." That being said, Matthew IS Geico, and it's bad. Very bad. All national claims numbers forward to his desk. My Damage Adjuster, Mr. **, was very professional and respectful, by the way.

Geico has accepted my premium payments for 20 years, without incident. I wish I had paid for a reputable insurance agent instead. Someone who would at least pretend to have my interest in mind, fight for me, and be accountable. I have the suspicion that the other party is committing fraud. Whether that's the case or not, Geico doesn't think it's worth following up with 2 or 3 obvious questions to find out. MD- "I can't just deny a claim because you think something sounds fishy!"

There were no witnesses at the scene. The damage to my car is on the driver's-side, starting at the rear of the back driver's-side passenger door, and scraping forward until it terminated midway through the driver's door. The damage to the other party's vehicle is only to the front passenger-side corner, when he turned into my car. I know it's not conclusive, but I can't imagine what the other driver's story must have been. The point now is that MD said, "They have a witness and you don't. You would automatically lose if this went to court." That's one of the more stupid statements I've ever heard.

I am with GEICO since I had my first car, it's been 7 years from now. And in the end of last year I forgot to renew my policy and 1 month later I called them tried to renew my policy, they raised my price about 50% with same coverage, and I even didn't have any ticket or accident in the past 6 years! Even I was really upset, but the represent keep telling me because their system treat me as a new customer, that's why my price at raised 30%! What! What! Even this was really unacceptable, I still paid for this ridiculous policy. But after 4 months later, I got a mail. Said I still owed them money, and the reason was I didn't signed the waiver form to keep same policy when I paid them over the phone with the already raised price.

I tried to called them and told them there is not my fault, because last time no one tell me I need signed any form to keep the same policy, and sadly they didn't keep the record of it, so I need paid for that balance, unless they will cancel my policy soon! So if now I agree to pay them the remaining balance, the money I paid for the same policy will double!!! And I tried to talk to the manager, I got the same answer! And this is the way they treat their 7 years old customer!!! And they told me if I want to switch to another company, it welcome!!! So anyone want to shop with GEICO should beware, they NEVER care about you, NEVER!

My daughter was in a car wreck on April 19. We reported the wreck to the insurance company that day and we did not hear anything back. We had to call multiple times before someone would call us back. When we called customer service they told us if we need any information to call our agent Alex ** which was no help. Every time we talked to him he placed blame on another department and would never return our calls. It took over a month, and a lot of phone tag before the ins company sent a check to pay off the car.

So I filed a claim with GEICO, followed the online process, then a week or so later I scheduled a vehicle inspections a adjuster, met up at a body shop in Fullerton, took down notes and did his process. Days later I get a call from a lady by the name of Jessica claiming to be another adjuster who then told me that my file was transfer to Andrea ** with the special investigations unit because Jessica stated Andrea was helping her with the claim. Which I was shocked that you need 3 adjusters to get a vehicle repaired.

After speaking to Andrea days later. She was beating around the bush when she was asking me questions about the claim. I told her my story and she kept asking different scenario questions. So at this point I was thinking who is this lady and why she is making it seem like I was the cause of the incident. I let it go and continue on with the call. But then she said she will have another person the focus on reviewing these type of accidents. She called him a Expert in something with claims and vehicle inspections. By now it's almost about to hit a month. I decided to take matter in my own hand and got my vehicle fixed out of my own pocket because apparently GEICO can help their clients with their claims. I felt like I had to jump through hoops just to get this process moving thinking it was going to be much easier than talking to 4 people now for a small 1900.00 claim based on their appraisal.

Please keep in mind I have paid more then 1900.00 to GEICO to have their insurance services. But it seem to be that once you file a claim they will do anything possible to not help out or either they just don't have the fund to be paying claims out. I feel like they spent more man hours trying to supposedly help me out than what my actual claim is worth. I mean why not be straightforward and just tell me "Mr. Customer we don't pay out on claims that are similar to your situation." I would have been fine with that. I am not in need of money from my insurance to fix my vehicle but again I do pay insurance for a reason. So I ended up just getting the vehicle fixed on my own out of pocket with no problem and cancelled my policy with GEICO and went with another insurance.

It's GEICO'S loss because I wanted to switch my home insurance and my other vehicle insurance with them but ended up getting a bundle deal with another Insurance who I was able to meet face to face and they took care of me. Also I did explain my experience to the new insurance and they laugh because they have seen this happen multiple times. They even said that GEICO will do everything on their end to not pay out a claim. So people that are reading this please do not do the same mistake I did. You might pay a bit more elsewhere but like they say "cheap comes out to be expensive" so might as well look for another insurance that you can actually meet your agent upfront than just doing everything online. Because insurance is really important. SO AGAIN DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GEICO. WORSE INSURANCE COMPANY EVER.

I was hit by a Geico client. I Have Video to Show I'm 100% No Fault. See Video Here **. Geico Refuse to take 100% Responsibility and Refuse to offer me same class rental replacement. They want to cover only 90% of damages and cover only 90% of a small size car instead of SUV. WHY??? I'm 100% at No Fault. The Geico agent NY Region name "Nathan" was very selfish, very non professional and was giving me a hard time with this case, forcing me to take some responsibility out of my pocket or from my insurance company. I guess a lawyer is needed, if anyone can help please message me on the youtube video. Meanwhile, Stay away from Geico people!

I recently was in a car accident on the highway and was injured pretty badly. My airbags did not deploy and the whole front end of my car was damaged pretty badly. When I originally switched to Geico in November 2016, I made sure to include all of the same limitations and coverage that I had on Progressive. Progressive was a great car insurance company, however with having a newer car, my rates went up. Geico for whatever reason was significantly cheaper with all of the same coverage. When I contacted Geico immediately after my accident to make the claim and also to get roadside assistance for it to be towed. I was told I did not have coverage of collision on my vehicle. I also was told I do have roadside assistance, but was told when I called back again from another representative I did not have that either.

Nobody seemed to know what was covered under my insurance policy. In tears because I had collision on my original policy, they informed me that because I did not get a vehicle inspection (which I've never done in the state of Florida, because it is NOT required), that they had removed the collision, gap insurance and car rental reimbursement from my policy. I called back again the next day to give them information on where the tow company brought my vehicle and the representative told me that Geico did not care where the vehicle was brought because they have zero responsibility of it. My car isn't even two years old and because Geico decided to remove collision from my policy without having confirmed with me, I am now left with a totaled vehicle to pay for myself. Why have I been paying Geico for the past 7 months to not have my car protected with car insurance?!

Bought a truck from CARite. Looked great. Got it home & realized the undercarriage was solid rust. Tried to get them to replace it or exchange it. Was afraid the brakes would fail or the frame would break while driving it. Well, the brakes did fail. Side swiped another vehicle because of it - driven by a sex offender who now wants to sue us. Geico paid the damage claim but of course the victim (ha, ha) wants more.

Trusted Geico to do a truthful evaluation of the accident but they didn't. They said our truck was totaled because of the accident. False. Minimum damage. What would make the truck worthless was the rusted undercarriage. Geico never noted this in their report or documented that the brakes failed. Nothing. If they had, the sex offender would have a much harder time suing us. As it stands now, we drove into him deliberately. Geico hauled my truck away, the evidence, where it was supposedly bought immediately when it arrived at a junkyard, only proving that it was obviously still very valuable. If it had been truly totaled, it would have sat at a junkyard until all usable parts were picked off it. We got burned & taken advantage of by CARite, then burned by Geico, & now I might have to support a sex offender for the rest of my life. Can someone please help me? Thank you.

I have been with GEICO for a year. I hadn't used any service. Today my car broke down. I called company to towed my car. It takes 4 hours already, they still not here. I just called back, GEICO said I have to another an hour. Soooooo disappointed... I will change my auto insurance. BAD BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

On 4/28/17 I was involved in an accident due to the negligence of Geico's insured. I called the next day to advise I was injured from the accident. I spoke to the Geico rep Amelia on 4/29/17 who said she could not open a bodily claim for my injuries. I advised her she cannot refuse me a bodily injury claim. Per Amelia she stated it was Geico policy. I advised her that I was going to see my primary doctor on Monday. She still refused to open a bodily injury claim. I find that an act of bad faith by Geico.

I called back to advise that I had gone to the doctor. At that time a bodily injury adj was assigned. Dominique ** license # **. She is by far the rudest most unprofessional claims adjuster I have ever had to deal with. She try to lowball me with a $500.00 for my injuries. I then ask her to allow my sister to assist me with this part of the claim. Per Dominique conversation with my sister (Dominique) "stated she had nothing but time". I take that as she will wait us out until we give in and settle with their lowball offer. I then proceeded to correspond with her stating that I will settle my claim at 3000.00 as full and final. Per Mike with Geico he stated he could only give me 1170.00. Unsure how they determine what pain and suffering is considering they have to replace the reinforcement bar to my truck due to the impact. I am in constant pain and cannot sleep due to this accident.

When shopping for auto insurance, I compared a lot of quotes (never went with Geico's quote) until I found out 6 months later when renewing my license plates, that Geico said that I had cancelled liability coverage (of which I never had through those shysters) and the NCDMV was going to fine me!!! How GEICO can get away with committing FRAUD is beyond me... I have had ERIE insurance continuously for over a decade.

I was hit by a GEICO customer and he was NOT going to stop, however it was at a restaurant and there was 5 cops eating there and called them and they came out and confirmed it was his fault, I called GEICO and was ALWAYS given the excuse they had not heard back from their customer and they may have to deny claim and for me to file through my insurance!!! I hung up on the rep and when I called back the next day over and over again, they did not take my calls and was going to someone named Morgan **, she finally called me back after a message and an email I left! She was unprofessional and did not give a crap about my issue.

Said she needed a statement from me and would make her decision within a couple of days, she then called me 4 days later and left a message on my phone that I could not even understand, when I called her back she answered by saying "I am returning your call" I told her, "No, I am returning yours because I could NOT understand what you said." She proceeded to say, they would ONLY pay 75% of my claim, even though it was his fault because it was his word against mine and I needed proof he hit me!!! She was even saying "Well he said he called the cops" like a child, very unprofessional and I am SO GLAD I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE WITH A LOW LIFE INSURANCE CO. LIKE GEICO!!!

I was insured with Geico for 16 years. I had 2 vehicles then one broke down and I called Geico to inform them that I only had the one car. I logically expected a decrease in my premium, however to my surprise my rate remained the same. When I received the new invoice in the mail I phoned Geico to see why they were charging triple what they were charging for the same car. They explained that it was a newer car and they had to add my son on as a driver because I no longer had the older vehicle for them to assign him to. I didn't like it, but I understood it so I said, "Ok." Then he told me that he made a mistake. The price actually increased. I thought he was joking, but he was serious. He tried to explain that they hadn't taken the old vehicle off the new policy.

I explained that I had the policy in my hand from them showing only the one car with the new dates. He kept trying to convince me that the policy wasn't updated and that's why it was increasing. I asked the supervisor just to make sure that I was understanding correctly. I removed a vehicle from my policy and didn't change anything else, but my policy increased instead of decreasing. He apologized for my inconvenience and said that I was correct that the rate increased. He was again thanked me for my 16 years with them. I told him I was canceling my policy as soon as I found a new company. I went with Progressive. They gave me a discount for being with Geico for so long. They were cheaper for the same service.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. Today, the company operates their business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.
  • Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if they take a while to decide how to act.
  • 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
  • Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.
  • Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.
  • Best for New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Compare Auto Insurance