Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.92/5
Based on 3,281 ratings submitted in the last year

GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance, and you may get a discount from combining policies with them. GEICO is not an InsuraMatch partner. You can get quotes from multiple insurers and find the right one for you by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

GEICO sells auto insurance along with home, renters and motorcycle insurance. Positive reviews highlight the company’s customer service and low rates. As a direct provider, GEICO can offer lower rates than many of its competitors.

PROS

• Average annual savings of $500 for new policyholders based on a 2018 GEICO national survey
  • Free and easy online quote and buying process
  • Mobile app makes it easy to view policies, request roadside assistance and file claims
  • Competitive rates
  • Fast claims processing

CONS

• Low credit score can increase premiums in some states
  • No discounts for hybrid or electric cars

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

4091 GEICO Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm so glad I have a chance to tell someone about our experience with GEICO. We have had other auto insurance but none where we felt as protected. We are notified of every action GEICO takes so there are no surprises. Our payments are super simple and not outrageous. Customer Service is friendly and quick. We did need to use the Roadside Assistance once. We were about 20 miles from our home and our mechanic was just as far, but car just stopped and we were at a loss.

We called GEICO Roadside Assistance who was there under an hour, in fact, under a half hour and GEICO called while we were waiting to make sure we were okay. The truck came and the man was super professional while lifting our truck to be hauled to our mechanic 20 miles away. Our vehicle was lifted on the truck (not pulled) and hauled to our mechanic, no additional charges. It was handled professionally with no stress aside from the vehicle breaking down, no fault of GEICO, who made us nearly forget that we had to face problems with getting car repaired. We have had other insurance companies where we were charged and told about it after the fact or rates go up and we are told about it after. Not with GEICO... we know everything as it happens. So, I am glad we had a chance to tell someone that we really like the way GEICO does business. Great prices, great customer service and we are not alone when out on the road with GEICO.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Geico is an amazing car insurance company. They work with you and will provide the best service to you. I was in a car accident where someone hit me from back and totaled my SUV. Geico gave me the best deal there was and cut me a check within a month. They even helped me with renting another car because I was hit from back, it was considered a no fault on my part so my insurance rate did not go up and when I got another car. I decided to have my fiance included in my policy and they didn't give me a hard time at all. They not only added him to the insurance policy but they also added his name on the actual insurance card. They are a wonderful company to have and they work with you to make sure all your needs are taken care of. I would highly recommend them to anybody looking for car insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had never used Geico before but in the four years I have used them they have been a very good service. Their customer service is top notch in that they get back to you right away. Their website is easy to use and has a number of convenient options, such as you can print your insurance cards off the site and/or have them mailed. It's easy to manage your account through the website without ever even speaking to a representative. The one month I was behind due to payments I expected not coming through, it was easy to go to the website and postpone my automatic monthly payment for a few days. You can do this once per policy term. I found this very helpful and was surprised and relieved at how easy it was to do. My rates are good, although my policy fees do go up a bit each year. But, this is probably to be expected, though it is a bit annoying. Overall I think they are great.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Not that long ago, my family and I were in an accident in a Dairy Queen parking lot. Someone who wasn't paying attention backed up into us while we were leaving the parking lot. He hit our bumper and caused enough damage to need repairs. But we were still able to drive back home. When we contacted GEICO, we gave them the details and everything that happened. They processed our claim right away. It was within a few days. Our car was fixed within the week. So we didn't even have to get a rental car. Which was great. So the whole process was easy and simple. It almost made everything back to the way it was before the accident. Except the memory and how everyone felt after it happened. But they did a great job and made the whole process as painless as possible. So I'm glad we decided to have GEICO as our car insurance carrier, because they were there when my family and I needed them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I renewed a policy with Geico Insurance. I agreed to this policy for six months. I called to set it up, and cancelled. I was not planning on signing again with them, as I had many issues with them. One of the frustrating issues is that they do no keep track of concerns & comments, from Me (The Customer). As it will again, this time around turn out to be, once again. Thinking everything was fine, after the end date of my policy... I was going through my bank records, one day, and I realized that they had been pulling a monthly payment again. So, I called to ask about it, and I was informed that my policy had been renewed. I was surprised... by it, because I they didn't get my consent to renew. I never agreed to renew it.

As I had said, I agreed, to the first six months, and that was gonna be it... as I was gonna find a new company to sign on with instead. They go around in circles about everything, after I explained it. And wouldn't refund anything. SO, I ended up disputing it with my bank. That was in July 2018, my policy ended in May 2018. Thinking everything was fine? Nope. I receive another bill, and they threatened that It would be sent to collections, if I didn't pay. Again, I called today (September 13, 2018) and spoke with a supervisor/manager named Gary. And still the same thing. They were not listening to me at all!!!

They kept going on about having no phone call FOR A CANCELLATION, AND no conversation or report recorded or noted!!! It is frustrating to me, because I called and made a cancellation & I called about my concerned and they had NO NOTES regarding any of it. I feel like they are holding me hostage about all the charges that I NEVER AGREED OR SIGNED ON FOR!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: July 15, 2019

In accident with their client. Uploaded police report showing Other driver issued citation. Report shows they were at fault. GEICO says they will contact me after speaking with other driver. Called them a couple more times, they stated they attempt to contact once per day. 10 days now, they have yet to contact me. Monday morning I will retain counsel on their dime. PS: I am also their client for 5 years.

Original review: July 11, 2019

After using Geico for a year I am NOT happy. You will get a lower payment, but at a cost. A minor fender bender (no cops, no damage to my vehicle, minor damage to other vehicle) increased my premium by $120+ dollars. Now I pay more than with my previous insurance. Recently, my car was totaled and now I'm being told I can't use my 30-day rental. I have to buy a new car in 5 days and return the rental. My policy doesn't state that, but the adjuster says it's an “amendment”. So, I've been paying for 30-day rental service I now can't use to be able to get a new car. You will get what you pay for. You'll get your lower payment to start but as soon as you need to use your policy, your premiums will skyrocket and they will cut corners anywhere they can. I will most likely go back to my previous insurance. A higher premium is worth peace of mind in this case. Again, you get what you pay for.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Hi, I have been Geico customer for over 2 years and got my 2 cars and 1 motorcycle insured with them. Never filed a claim for damage till date. First time called and filed claim for the glass of windshield damage. on June 13. The vendor of GEICO asked for inspection on June 15 and I provided them details and pictures. On June 23 they said they want pictures again. Then on July first week, they approved claim. A simple glass claim which was very small, they took like a month to complete it. They gave all kind of catch. The glass crack started expanding and the car was not safe to use anymore.

I call customer care to tell them that their vendor are delaying and that is not fair. I need to get the glass fixed and need to take the car as I was traveling to Portland for a week. The person did not even listen what I said and told I have to get the inspection done. I told him I am not bypassing the inspection, but just make it fast as I need car in right condition for travel. He did not respond and kept repeating I have to get the inspection done. I asked for for higher authority to escalate the issue and the customer service rep said on the recorded line "He is the highest level of authority for this escalation and there is nothing I can do." I thought I was talking to CEO Of the company.

As a result, I had to rent a car from SIXT for 9 days and paid $457 since I could not use my car and GEICO delayed claim. I paid hefty ~200 every month since last 2 year and for first time I wanted claim of glass costing ~450$ from Geico passed (EVEN THOUGH I AM PAYING 500$ deductible for the same claim which is more than the cost of the whole glass), GEICO did not come through and did not do what it is supposed to do.

Worst customer service and poor customer retention. They do not value the customer at all. They thinks customer are fool and even their call center agent has more authority than the customer who actually pays Geico. Insanely frustrating and a fraud ins company. Please do not buy Geico. They offer lower rates policy but catch it you can not get claims done or any customer support. #hategeico

Original review: July 11, 2019

My car was damaged in a parking lot accident when another driver backed into me. He immediately apologized and accepted the blame. Contacted Geico same day, have had several phone calls (never can get the same person to respond) completed a recorded account of the accident. Provided them with his insurance, Drivers license info and car tag info along with pictures. All the reps say the same thing “Not your fault, they will follow through with USAA his insurance company, etc. The accident was back in April. Another call to them last week-same crap “we will get answers and get back to back to you in a day or two”. Another week has gone by and nothing. Never had any trouble with any other insurance company in my 50+ years of driving. One ticket and one accident in all these years that was my fault and this is what you get. Maybe if they ignore you long enough you will just give up. Myself I will be changing companies.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased a car in GA on 5/12/2019. I drove to CA on 5/25/2019. After being in CA for a few weeks I noticed my check engine and HEV (Hybrid car) light came on. I made an appointment at Kia to have the car inspected. Upon inspection, I was told an animal has chewed through some wires in the car. I filed a claim with GEICO on 6/19/2019. An adjuster (Angel **) came out and inspected the car on 6/20/2019. He stated the animal damage was common because the casing for the wires are soy based. I did not hear anything back for several days. I sent a message through the GEICO system on 6/22/2019 and received a response back from Liz ** stating GEICO is waiting on the damage adjuster Angel **.

I looked in the GEICO system and it showed Angel had uploaded pictures and an estimate already. I spoke with Angel on 6/27/2019 and he told me that he has completed everything he is supposed to do and will place a note on the account. I then received a call from GEICO on 7/1/2019 that a Field Rep. will call me within 48 hours. No one called. I contacted GEICO again on 7/5/2019 and was told the Field Rep Laura ** should be calling me and they gave me her number. I contacted her on 7/5/2019 and her voicemail stated she was out of the office from February to further noticed. I called back to GEICO and was given Laura’s supervisor’s (Kelly **) number. I called her on 7/5/2019 and left a message.

On 7/8/2019, I received a call from Alex stating my case is now with another Field Rep (James **) and he would be calling me. I called and spoke with James on 7/8/2019 (10:24AM). He said he was reviewing the claim and would call me back by 12:00 PM on 7/8/2019. I am from GA and currently stuck in California and can’t get any resolution for GEICO. I just keep getting the runaround. I am always told a note is placed in the system or someone will call you all within 48 hours. I keep waiting and waiting and waiting with no avail. Stuck and frustrated.

Original review: July 5, 2019

BEWARE of Geico – I had been a Geico customer for many years (Car & Motorcycle). I decided to checkout the Home Insurance. The quote was cheaper than my current insurance. I decided to sign up. The policy was paid. I thought this was all settled. 30 days later I get contacted that my roof needs to be replaced or I would be dropped from the policy within 16 days. Well it's pretty difficult to raise the money, schedule and evaluate roofing company estimates and get it all completed in 16 days. Long story short I was dropped. This is after being a customer for so many years with 2 other policies. Well they lost the other two policies as well. If they told me, "Wait before canceling your old insurance until everything cleared underwriting" they may have saved themselves from losing all the policies. Anyways I found a similar company and I saved $600 compared to Geico.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Found less expensive offer (95$ instead of 245$), did call to Geico client support with question “What is the process of policy termination and should I pay penalty for that”. Answer was: “Provide us with new policy information and no penalty at all”. It was two different representatives confirmed that. After some time I’ve got mail and call from collections agency for non-payment 100$+ Geico penalty. I can imagine what is like doing business with Geico - fancy looking and non-professional? Can’t wait till my Geico renters insurance policy will expire and I could switch to reliable insurance company. Though APP is very comfortable to use.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Changing to Geico was the best decision I made when I purchased a new vehicle. My new policy was less money with complete coverage and the process was so simple. They are really good about emailing with any updates and I feel confident in my coverage even though I have never had to use it.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Criminal company. Don’t ever insure your car with these pack of thieves. I’m filing a lawsuit this week for refusal to pay for my car. They are happy to take your money and make you feel like you are getting a good deal. Just pray that you never get involved in accident then you will know their true color. Can’t wait to see them in court. Bunch of crooked box of snakes. I have warned everyone I know about these criminals. DON’T INSURE WITH GEICO.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I purchased a used car from a dealer. On the next day I notice a crack in the bumper and of course I think somebody hit me. I called Geico to file a claim. Two weeks later a Geico investigator (Michelle) calls me to go over with me what I think happened. Where I was that day that it happened and so on. Then she says "well I have proof that the car was like this when you bought it." IT WAS! She says, "Would you like to see proof?" OF COURSE! She emails me a pic of the car from the lot where I purchased it with the same crack on the bumper. Obviously my husband and I wasn't aware, neither was the dealer. So now I'm just so upset that we missed the damage when we bought the car and of course cancel my claim.

Personally I feel the investigator should of called me and said right at the beginning of the call that she has proof of the damage when I bought the car instead of trying to make me look like I'm trying to get over and she just caught me in something. Like that's how you treat your customers!! I thought you're suppose to be in my corner not against me. Now get this, 3 wks later I try to get into the app on my phone and it says to call them. So I call them and they said they're dropping me by July 22nd because of a fraudulent claim. I am just so insulted you have no idea. This is how they treat me, unbelievable! I have to think I'm better off to go because Geico isn't about their customers. You just lost an excellent customer, and excellent driver.

Original review: June 28, 2019

A long time ago I couldn't afford paying six months at a time. When I did achieve the ability to pay every 6 months, for six months, I did; and I did so for years. Every five months I started getting cancellation notices and extra charges. This happened every five months for years and no one would tell me that I was "Officially" on a monthly plan, even though I paid for six months every six months for years. Finally when I reported them to the BBB they said, "all I had to do was officially change my monthly plan to a six month plan and all of this would go away".

Years and years of cancellation notices and fines and no one told me. They just kept badgering me with no explanation, just extra charges and fines'. I'd have 30 days left before my six month policy was due and here they come. Big red lettered "CANCELLATION NOTICE"....Customer neglect, or abuse, whichever you choose to use. They knew what I was doing, I just wasn't doing it "Officially", and they took complete advantage of it....I do not believe them anymore and I'll never trust them again.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Tony ** from Geico says “my car seats are perfectly fine and not damaged” after an accident. Also says “don’t waste your time submitting a claim.” Was he in my car when I got into an accident or did he inspect my car himself after the accident? This is his response to my statement of I don’t feel perfectly safe with car seats involved in an accident. He also refused to transfer me to his supervisor when I asked. I am definitely not taking GEICO as my insurance knowing a guy like Tony is making statements like that.

Original review: June 26, 2019

They don’t seem to care if they keep you as a customer when you are hit in the rear end, and the other person ALSO has Geico. Do they decide judged on how long you’ve had an account and whose loyalty they want to keep? My family has used Geico for close to a decade, but now that I’ve had my first accident where someone hit my back end, I’m shopping for my own new insurance and never, EVER using this company. I didn’t like them when I was on a solo account there. I had switched to General back then. I’ve been under my family’s account the past few years due to a decent bundled family price. I’ll let my family decide what to do, but will be getting my own insurance via another company to hopefully drop their premium back down. Horrible. Just horrible.

Original review: June 24, 2019

People are always so quick to write negative reviews so I figured I would come here, write a positive one. GEICO is the best company that we have ever done business with and we switch to them after we were royally screwed over by Esurance. Take my word for it, DO NOT use them as they will not pay out any insurance claims! GEICO has been so great to work with us when we needed to extend the payment, and all of their representatives that we have had the pleasure of doing business with over the phone have been nothing but wonderful and pleasant! GEICO has immediately paid out all tow fee reimbursements when we filed them! Thanks!

Original review: June 24, 2019

We pay $5 extra per month for free windshield replacement on our vehicles. I recently had a rear windshield busted out while in my driveway one night. GEICO refused to pay because the back "windshield", as the representative referred to it, does not qualify as a windshield. Even has a windshield wiper on it but yet it still doesn't qualify as a windshield. I think it's a shame that they find loopholes to keep from providing coverage to their customers.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Been with GEICO 15 to 20 years, can't even recall not having them. Generally, good service and helpful in keeping my rates low,\; lowest ever last year, both of us retired, very low mileage and I diligently take my Defensive Driver course as needed. Just received my July-January renewal and it has increased by 22%! I usually project an ever-so-slight reduction due to depreciation of the vehicles and was totally blindsided by this news. WORSE, after a 20 minute line by line review of my last three policies I found the one & only difference, I (and my Def Driver discount) have been switched from "Veh 2" the one I drive to "Veh 1", the one my wife drives.

STILL WORSE: Assuming I had found the glitch (feeling very proud of myself) I called to explain to the GEICO agent what I'd discovered and assumed all would be well in a minute or two. But, no. She explained in a "prepared speech manner" that GEICO has "moved away from a manual assignment of drivers to their vehicle in lieu of an Intentional Automatic SYSTEM-assignment of "highest risk driver to highest risk vehicle." (Unsure of what determines a 'higher risk vehicle'). However, my agent was very clear that this CHANGE OF ASSIGNMENTS was not a manual oversight or mistake, it was system generated and CANNOT be reassigned/changed manually and, it was indeed the basis for my 22% increase.

When I suggested my wife and I each simply insure our own vehicles she instantly, without a moment's reflection told me that would be more expensive. I asked how she could know and she told me she had done this comparison lots of times. Knowing it would be futile, I asked her to give me the two quotes, both of which were even higher than the renewal I was facing... she was right. Next comments will be to the Insurance Commissioner and then ClassAction.org.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I've had Geico for 2 years. My teenage daughter just got her license and we purchased a car for her. As expected the rates jumped but by $400 a month for a 7 year old $7.000 car? Seriously? So In order to afford the monthly increase I sold my Jeep to get something cheaper. My insurance only went down $50 so basically paying $525 a month for one 7 year old beetle & 2 drivers... WHAAATT??? Then when I got a quote for a 9 year old Prius I was considering buying the price for 2 cars was $495! My head almost exploded... I then went to Progressive which was cheaper for the one car but then more when I add in an additional car... The whole thing is so incredibly frustrating it makes me want to Uber everywhere and just spend $500 not driving!

Original review: June 20, 2019

You see the TV for endless GEICO ads - however, when you are in an car accident (even when its not your fault) and you make a claim (uninsured motorist) GEICO will send you (and your damaged auto) to a collision center where their adjusters will provide an "estimate". Routinely, the Adjuster(s) will "Low-Ball" your claim; in My case they reduced the "Hourly allowable Rate" the Auto Body Shop charges. The Dealership fully recommends specific Auto Body Shops - GEICO refuses to act "honorable" and pay the usual and customary rate of $50 per/hour they allow $44 per/hour thus costing the insured (me) the unpaid difference.

Secondly, they refuse to allow the full replacement cost of new parts - they allow a reduced amount for body parts.

Thirdly, they refuse to allow "loss of value" for your car - once damaged the repair is on your VIN forever and reduces your re-sale value. Fourthly, they refuse to allow for your "loss of earnings" while they are cheating you on the damage repair. Fifthly, they refuse to allow (pay for) a substitute rental or Uber or cabs fees you paid while your car was repaired. GEICO Adjusters present a clear and present consumer fraud a criminal enterprise and should be prevented from selling insurance in the Greater DC Metropolitan Area (Virginia, Maryland, DC). Write your complaint to your State Insurance Commissioner - tell them "Outlaw GEICO for continuing Fraud - Sanction GEICO Billions".

Original review: June 19, 2019

Hello, I had accident from my back car and back car has Geico. It's already 5 week passed away but still no progress and my agent is Shana **. I am calling every week but still no progress. I am not able to close my trunk and it's hard to drive for me everyday. They are also not ready to provide rental car. One of agent said I am going to get full money for repair. I don't know when they will give money for repair. I am suggesting not to take Geico. I already switch other insurance from Geico. Thanks.

Original review: June 17, 2019

A driver insured by Geico rear ended my vehicle at an intersection. It took Geico more than 2 weeks to converse with their policy holder and acknowledge responsibility. I had already obtained an estimate to repair the damages from a reputable shop. The Geico adjuster lowballed an estimate (less than 1/2 what the shop quoted). Then the shop had to negotiate with Geico, eventually Geico came around; however, it took a month to get my vehicle repaired. What a terrible insurance company.

Original review: June 17, 2019

GEICO insured me when no one else would seeing I was a service member returning from overseas assignments. That was 25+ years ago. Over the years, GEICO has been responsive to my needs and has provided excellent personalized service. Once I had hail damage to my vehicle. The next day, GEICO had an insurance adjuster come to assess the damage. He came to my work parking lot to make it easier for me! I received the check for the damage quickly. My rates are very competitive and I might go so far as to say unbeatable. I occasionally get quotes from other insurers and they can’t beat the cost of my coverage with GEICO. My children have also spun off of my policy into their own GEICO policies. They have received comprehensive policies at excellent prices too.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Geico online salesperson requested me to take the defensive driver's course after signing up with Geico, so that I can do the course with one of their preferred websites and after finishing, when I gave a call to get 10% discount - they say I'm not eligible for that discount under certain characteristics that company follows, which is I think not being faithful to their customers, just get them on board with all fake details and forget, and saying "we can't find the online sale agent who spoke to you and registered your policy". All they started doing is recording the phone that I am making now for proof. What for - Don't you save who signed me up on Policy.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My family has carried GEICO auto and home insurance for years. We covered my children on the policy, as well. In mid-2017, I contacted GEICO to inform them that my young adult daughter (who was on the policy) would be moving out of the country for two years for a college program (and would not be visiting home during this time period). They promised to remove her from the policy and add her back on upon return.

In December, upon re-evaluation of the policy, they increased our premium from about 5k annually to over 10k because of traffic infractions she incurred in 2016. I immediately called them and said that she was no longer living at home, did not own a vehicle and did not have access to our vehicles and we would put her back on the policy when she returned. They said they couldn't do that and we were forced to pay because we couldn't prove she had insurance elsewhere. Huh? She didn't need auto insurance elsewhere because she would not be driving in Europe and she did not live at home.

Why are we required to pay under these circumstances? Especially, when they promised to remove her. They claimed it was an insurance law in NH, but no other provider that I spoke with did business this way. I quickly found another insurer and all is well, but GEICO charged me for 10 days of astronomical prorated premiums from the time I cancelled the policy to finding a new policy. This was almost $300! I wouldn't have minded paying my usual premium overage charge, but they found a way to gouge me, even though they made the error by not removing her. Now, it's referred to a collection agency and I have no option but pay it. I asked CS for instructions on how to appeal and was told, "We don't appeal complaints". DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GEICO. Really shady business practices!

Original review: June 10, 2019

On 4/3/19 my 16 yr old son passed due to a cardiac arrest on 3/25/19. On 4/2/19 Geico took out the first payment of $150 for adding my son on. On 4/12/19 I requested a refund and they would not refund my $150. I’m a single mom that really couldn’t afford this add on in the first place. I’m so disappointed for the lack of sympathy this company has treated me. Patty **

Original review: June 7, 2019

I claimed my accident and went to the damage estimation place and figure out that my rent car was released to other driver under my claim number so I could not rent my vehicle until issue needs to be resolved between Geico and Enterprise. I was trapped into that place for 5 hours without lunch. Only I was told to be waited until resolution will be made and call back to report status but it was never kept until I called them back for 3 times and made complaint about it.

I was expected they are trying to find out alternative solution quickly and let me get out of the place since it is their fault with Enterprise but it was not happening as I hoped up. I should come back home without rent car helping by others. All I have response from Geico after that is you will not be penalized by Enterprise. Should I really be told that way from Geico even though it was not my fault and never get any apologies? They do not have any backup plan or system if the similar or same thing happens to you. They don’t really concern you unfortunately even though they speak, “Customer is our priority.” Enterprise is really sucks too!

GEICO expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. The company operates its business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.

• Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if their decision takes time.

• 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.

• Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.

• Best for: New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky