Find the Best Match

FIND MY MATCH
2.30/5
Based on 536 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance, and you may get a discount from combining policies with them. GEICO is not an InsuraMatch partner. You can get quotes from multiple insurers and find the right one for you by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Find the Best Match

Compare Quotes and Save on Auto Insurance

FIND MY MATCH

3648 GEICO Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I called GEICO to remove my ex-wife and her vehicle from my policy. My policy was pre-paid in full by me for 6 months. They ended up removing me from the policy, starting a new policy and billing me for it and keeping my ex-wife on the policy that was already prepaid. They refused to refund the amount back to my card even though I paid them. I advised them I did not authorize this and only wanted to remove the vehicle and driver and they kept stating this is how they handle divorces. When I asked if my ex-wife canceled her new policy if they'd refund me the money, they stated they would try to refund to my card but she had the right to request a check for a payment I made. I no longer had the right or authorization on an account that was initially mine. Horrible service. The new policy they quoted me for 1 driver was $300 more than any existing policy I could get elsewhere. I canceled with them. I will never use GEICO again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I recently cancelled my GEICO policy; my car got vandalized and me having full coverage insurance never would have thought that filing a claim would cause the extreme pain, bashing and accusations I was put through, and leave me feel completely sad, angry and so helpless. Yes, I understand my car is an older car and probably not worth fixing, but had I known now what I did not know before, I would have never filed a claim with GEICO. I would much have rather saved myself the pain, grief and the bashing I endured for simply using a service I was paying for.

I was asked to meet with a GEICO investigator at a Starbucks location, this is where in front of other customers, the GEICO investigator proceeded to ask me a series of questions which I know now, were pretty well thought out and planned questions about my personal life to use against me. I was caught very off guard and not knowing all my rights at the time and not knowing where all this was leading to. I proceeded to answer all of his questions about my personal life.

After this, the investigator very aggressively accused me of vandalizing the car myself in order to “screw GEICO” and as if that was not enough, he cursed me out and called me a "good con artist" among other insults that are too embarrassing to list publicly, and all of this while we sat at a Starbucks table, I was completely shocked and ridiculed, discriminated and bashed based on my income and disability status which he had previously and methodically drilled me on, I was crying and denying the accusations and yet he continued to use the personal answers I had given him at the start to further accuse me of doing this myself.

This is just a brief summary of what I was put through, the rest is too personal to discuss on a review. I have contacted GEICO to report this and left messages, and have not yet heard back from a supervisor, when I call back, I was told that this investigator is no longer allowed to contact me. As embarrassing as this is for me, I am posting this to caution people; if you are asked to meet with an investigator, please be prepared and use your judgement to not answer any personal questions which can then in turn be used completely against you to accuse, manipulate and ridicule you. I feel discriminated based on my income and disability status by GEICO and plan to take further action in reporting this type discrimination and treatment.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I needed to have my windshield replaced because a rock hit it and has a 2 ft plus crack. Anyway, Geico did not give me any trouble with the windshield replacement, probably because I have a $500 deductible which means I am paying for at least half the cost. Anyway, my issue is the car rental. My appointment to get windshield replaced was on 8/23/18 but because when Geico talked to the auto body place they told Geico that the first available appointment was for 8/21/18. They would not let me have a car rental any day past 8/21/18. I told them my appointment was on 8/23/18 and they needed the car for 2 days. Geico still only wants to pay for 1 day and not past the 8/21/18 day.

Doesn’t even matter that the auto body place got on the phone with them and me and told them that the appointment was on the 8/23/18 date. This insurance company is so full of crap. I had several phone calls with them and their stand was the 21st and one day no matter what—even talked to the supervisor. I finally gave up and hung up—I don’t need their stinking $60 (2 days at $30 each). I am with others and will be quitting this insurance company just as soon as my windshield gets replaced.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I brought Geico insurance for my car and added my home to their Homesite Insurance. In one year, the Mortgage Company complained to me that my home was under-insured. Next, Geico went up on my car insurance. I contacted a Broker and changed my insurance company. It was supposed to be switched by June 1, 2018. The mortgage company had already issued the renewal check to Homesite. My Broker and I contacted Homesite and informed them of the change. June 1, 2018 was the cut off date. They told me my check would be refunded to me and I would have to send the check back to escrow. That is the normal procedure so I waited for the check. Two weeks later I still had not received my check, so I called again. This time I was told that it could take up to 30 days to receive the check. I waited another two weeks and called back. They informed me that the check had been mailed on June 17th.

I still had not received the check and were in late July. At the end of July, I called back and they had no excuse, so they canceled the check that I never received and was never cashed and issued another check. On August 10th again they claimed the check had been mailed out to me already. One of their employees started to call me to let me know the status of the check and asking if I had received it. Again, I have not received the check. This morning 8/16/2018. I have called again. They put a supervisor on the phone. I explained that because of their delay. I had suffered damage because my Mortgage company increased my monthly mortgage payment because I had not received the check to put the money back in the escrow account. I requested to speak to the legal department. I was told that their legal department does not take phone calls and I was denied being transferred to them.

Next, I asked if there was a transcript of all the phone conversation relating to this incident. I was informed that yes, there is a transcript, but I am not entitled to a copy unless I serve them with a Subpoena. I specifically asked if I could FOIA the record since it is a part of their file on me. They told me that the only way I could get a copy is by subpoena. I have now waited two and a half months checking my mail daily to no avail. I am paying my new insurance company, and my mortgage payment has increased and will remain high until I can put the money back into the escrow account. Homesite is blaming the U.S. Postal Service for the delay. They are claiming that the first check that never arrived must be lost mail. They are claiming that the Postal Service is also responsible for the delay in receiving the second check. I will never do business with this company again. I will be talking to an attorney to examine my option to recover damages.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I'm so frustrated right now after being bent over by Geico that I don't even have the patience to write this review fully. Here's the gist of it: They increase your rates every year regardless of your driving history, location, age, etc. They try to pull you in with offered discounts, but they're usually just minuscule offers that you'll likely disqualify for anyway. If you read their FAQ, you'll see how many people are asking why their Premium increases. Read their answer, and you'll see that they justify their increase with a ton of vague factors that they'll absolutely refuse to explain further.

They'll make a mistake when changing your policy through a phone call. After they catch the mistake, they make YOU pay for it even though one of their own representatives were to blame. Geico does not offer better rates than other providers. They take full advantage of those who are required to pay for full-coverage insurance because of a leased vehicle. You're easy prey, and they know it. Some of the coverage you're required to pay for is redundant and, therefore, completely unjustified.

To give you my personal example with them (without violating their guidelines -- I'd like for this to be published even though I'm 99.9% sure it won't be) I have been insured for a new vehicle through Geico for 4 years now. In those 4 years, I've had no accidents (it says I'm a "Claim Customer" because I used them to repair damage to my windshield from a rock using Safelite. They were GREAT for that experience), am nearing age 30, no traffic violations, and have moved from a MAJOR metropolitan area to a small town in comparison. I have a white vehicle and have started using a FRONT and REAR dash cam that I informed Geico of in order to HOPEFULLY lower my premium.

None of that mattered. Geico has STILL increased my premium every year. Last year, they increased it by $10 (keep in mind, this is after I moved to more of a rural area with much less traffic). How is this justified? It's not, but they can claim those vague factors that are highlighted in that answer within the FAQ section. They aren't required to share their algorithms or guidelines for pricing premiums. They can do whatever they'd like and simply offer you that vague, justification which does not require a proper explanation through hard data. They KNOW that you'll likely renew your insurance through them when the time comes instead of shop around for a better quote. They know it's inconvenient to shop around. They increase your premium just enough to irritate you, but not so much that you'll drop everything and start hunting for better coverage. It's their business practice.

TLDR: Don't insure yourself through Geico. It isn't worth it. Take the time to shop around for the insurance you NEED (don't let them talk you into anything extra). Get what is required by law, or what is required by your lienholder. Don't let these snakes get fat off your hard-earned dollar. They're no different than any other insurance company. Shop around, don't rush into it. Read other's stories/reviews and decide what the norm seems to be. I'm sure Geico likely cherry-picks reviews, so I doubt anybody will see this, so maybe I'll post it on /r as well. Maybe it'll save someone else from this irritation. Oh, and the Customer Service rep I was trying to explain all these facts to has decided to stop responding to my messages after she increased my premium by almost 20%. I didn't intend for this to be so long when I started, but I think it's better I provided so much detail.

Here are the writing guidelines: "We want your review to get published so please do not: discuss things that are unrelated to the product, mention the specific price you paid for the product, include any personally identifying information, such as full names. If you have an issue for customer service, please e-mail us instead of writing it in a review."

I followed these guidelines and did NOT discuss anything that wasn't somehow related to the product/experience that is tied to Geico. I did NOT mention the specific price I paid for anything -- I merely mentioned the increase I had in one of my examples but did not mention the entire price. As a matter of fact, I described a premium increase using a percentage, but did not disclose the premium amount. I didn't include any personal information. While I did briefly mention my experience with customer service there at the end, it was not the basis for this review and, thus, does not disqualify me from making it.

Here's to hoping they honor their own guidelines and post my review! I probably just wasted a significant amount of my valuable time and did not change a thing, but hey, at least I'm trying to do a service for humanity instead of sitting by while they milk us our entire lives. PS I had tried putting $0 as the amount saved by switching to Geico on this review page, but they won't allow it with a message that says "Amount Saved by Switching to GEICO is too short." I'm not even kidding. Gonna try "1". PSS 1 doesn't work either. I'm just going to put 500. Know that this amount isn't valid for me, but they won't let me post otherwise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My husband and I were rear-ended while sitting still at a signal by a GEICO-insured driver. This happened on January 28, 2018. Our 2007 Corvette sustained a spider web patterned series of cracks because the rear panel is plastic and is made to "give" when impacted. My husband and I were jolted, and suffered severe whiplash. We went to the Emergency Room of the local hospital, were examined/scanned, given pain killers and told to visit a chiropractor. We did go to a chiropractor who treated us for several months until the headaches, back/neck aches, stiffness and lack of mobility to turn our heads subsided.

While GEICO paid the small bill to put a new rear end panel on our Corvette, they adamantly refused to pay a penny to reimburse us for either the ER visit, or the chiropractor care. What kind of company won't at least pay for the "damage" their driver caused? I will never use GEICO, nor will I not tell everyone I know to avoid them. GEICO is an unethical company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Geico horrible. I should have never left Progressive. Was out of work due to being sick. Asked for help on just one month. The best they could help me was knock off 24.00. At Progressive when I had my baby they understood. Waived that month. As soon I get the chance I am moving back to Progressive. I don't want to be with people who don't care about you and your financial situation.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My daughter was involved in the plane crash that killed 5 people in Santa Ana, the plane nose dived into my daughter's car demolishing it, my daughter saw the bodies flying out of the plane very horrific, she is still in shock, Geico didn't waste any time trying to settle giving her nothing for her car calling her and intimidating her telling her they needed pictures of her car and so on the **, the pictures of her car were all over national news! They wanted to settle so they could turn around and sue the company that owned the plane. She has 30 days of rental car use but they only want to give her a week of rental car use. This is a Dirt Bag insurance co. with no ethics! Sorry Geico we have an attorney now so my daughter doesn't have to be harassed by you anymore! Geico should not have a Lic. to sell insurance!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have been driving and dealing with Car Ins. for over 40 years. Never have I seen a company not care about paying, or taking care of a customer. Small claim on a truck, $2900. Has taken 2.5 months and still hasn't paid the check to the bank. One delay after another. I will never use, or recommend Geico to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I left Geico several years ago due to slow and sneaky rate increases. No explanations were given, just increases in premiums. I recently returned to them after shopping around to make sure I was receiving the best possible rates for my homeowners/auto insurance. They gave me a quote that was lower than other companies, so I decided to give them another chance... Well, BIG MISTAKE!! Upon reviewing my premium that is due later this month, I realized they had increased the rate 20%!! Once again, I have never used any of my auto or home insurance benefits! They said rate increases had occurred across the board due to the large amount of payouts this past year! Isn't that what insurance is for? And my question is why should I be punished for others' use of their insurance policy?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Geico in Poway CA Claims Manager Alex **. Alex's word is worthless. I've been waiting 3 weeks for him to make a decision regarding coverage of his insured driver who ran into my car. "Oh we should have this by Friday" is his weekly line of BS. Honestly if he went home permanently there would be no change in the "effectiveness" of his work. Just record a permanent outgoing voice message with his usual line of BS. Most companies would fire someone who was so ineffective. Geico!!! Save money, get rid of him.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They raised my car rates over $2900.00 a year due to one of my kids bumping a car backing out of a parking lot. It did no damage to the other car and about $1800.00 to our car which we paid $1000.00 deductible, leaving Geico to pay the rest at just over $800.00. That's a difference of $2100.00. So we are paying $3100.00 for this fender bender. So much for having insurance with Geico... They didn't seem to care about trying to help with this at all.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was informed by Geico that I was still top tier rated, and had no claims, but they could no longer do the amount of insurance my company needed. They never tried to help, just cut my coverage in half and said that was the way it was, then I called and asked and they said, "Oh give us your credit information again." This and that and we might find someone else. No reason for all this. I bought a new vehicle and switched insurance instead of sending the new insurance to company I was working for, they Geico just sent a cancellation letter on old vehicle. And it took 6 months to get paid again just because they do not know how to handle a customer account.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have a home that all my things reside at. I pay rent every month. I recently separated from the military and have some older relatives in different states needing extra help so I have been traveling between 4 states over the last year. I had one non fault accident last month and now Geico is requiring a utility bill in my name or they cancel my policy. I pay one fee for rent and it covers everything. I have my voter's registration card, unemployment, health insurance, credit cards etc. all coming to my home of record and they will not accept it as proof??!!

I explained that I am not home enough to have internet at the moment, still not good enough. Why is traveling against company policy? I have not stayed anywhere longer than a few weeks and have kept my home throughout my travels. Very shady way of getting rid of a client and I honestly can't believe that all of my other proof of residency doesn't count. Allstate, here I come. May you treat your clients that travel and play better.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

A bit of a quandary in that not so much as a parking ticket let alone a moving violation or an accident since '87 on my driving record. Yet GEICO somehow sees fit to increase my premium payment +11.37% for a second 6-month period in a row. The two before that were in the 5% range. I am located in Southwest Fl, retired and drive less than 5k per year. Auto under review is a 1987 Mercedes 4-door sedan, Model 300E with a single airbag and passive alarm system. Non-inspection state but if it were, the vehicle would be found "excellent" in all aspects. Courteous and direct inquiry yields nothing other than the suggestion to take a "Defensive Driving Course" at an additional expense to me. Nothing much in the way of a coherent explanation re: these increases and requested return call yet to be received. Hardly the way to interact with a low-risk subscriber.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was in the right person. Was speeding and not paying attention and they said I rear ended the other party when it’s called a T bone when she hit my car, tore off my bumper and blamed it on me after the fact they said it was other parties fault but got scared of other insurance company and changed their mind.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Is it normal to expect for an auto policy to be cancelled after just inquiring about a potential policy change? Well that's what I experienced and now I have a $150 fine from state of Maryland because of a lapse without insurance, and was never notified by GEICO. GEICO made a decision based off an assumption about an inquiry for changing the use of my vehicle and claimed it was against their policy... Hmmm??? After this move, I realize I've been doing business with you all too long and it's probably best I find a better insurance company that won't terminate my insurance after sending for an inquiry. Thanks GEICO for the kind gesture!

Original review: July 31, 2018

On June 30, 2018 I had a car accident while working on the lift platform. Eventually, I contacted Geico commercial. They gave me a claims number and a commercial claims person name and phone number and once I contacted Ali, she gave me the name and number of the inspector of my car. Miss ** came out and inspected the car and said that it is repairable. Eventually, I received a check for it, thanks - six to $6700 plus. I drop the check off at California collision and Harvey Louisiana. I contacted about a shower for the status of my car and they informed me that there was more damage and it didn’t needed a supplemental check.

I contacted the inspector and she said she was going to look at the car game but I have not heard from her so I stop by the body shop and they told me that the commercial inspector totaled my car. End of me while I receive a notification from the department of motor vehicles and still Louisiana indicating that I have no insurance. I contacted Geico and was informed that this is for my ex Jacob vehicle and that the registration has my name listed on it too. I have filed a Chapter 13 some time ago and the lawyer said all I needed to do was provide a department motor vehicles with a copy of my discharge papers indicating that I legally surrendered his truck.

CONFUSED. My policy number begins with a nine indicating that I have a commercial policy. I checked up documentation and it list my Chrysler 200 2017 with VIN number. I receive a letter from Geico with a different policy number beginning with a four that said my claim was canceled because I have no insurance. My bank account indicates that I have been paying Geico commercial insurance since I purchased my car in October 2017 through to date. My ex policy does not have my car listed on it furthermore he does not know I purchase a new car. Can GEICO legally canceled my Ride-Share Commercial policy and enforced my car on ex-policy without my permission or knowledge. CONFUSED. The law or my lien holder indicates that I am required to carry full coverage for a new car and I concluded that the other policy number is liability only. How did this mixed up happened. Toyota Tundra 2001 versus Chrysler 200 2017.

Original review: July 27, 2018

First of all, it’s taking FOREVER to get my car fixed because Geico investigated my claim. After finding nothing I was told I had to pay two deductibles because I got in a fender bender while my car was under investigation. I told them I didn’t want to drive my car because it had a broken headlight but they insisted that they couldn’t provide a rental till the investigation was over. So I not only got into a accident that cost me $1000 that I do not have and is why I have insurance but I got pulled over coming home from work at night for driving with one headlight. When trying to figure out what was taking so long no one could talk to me or give me answers.

Every phone call would go to voicemail or when I did speak with someone I was told to contact someone else for the answer which went back and forth. Not only am I disappointed with Geico but my auto body shop complains that the parts Geico approved are crap and because of that the paint job won’t look the same. Also they won’t order a Volvo rim and the aftermarket rim doesn’t match. I bought a nice Volvo and now it’s going to look in shambles! Thanks Geico. This has been by far the worst month of my life with unfortunate circumstances, and Geico has done nothing but make matters worse. When the final repairs are finished I will be looking for another insurance company because I fear Geico will raise my rates as I have read from their previous reviews. So beware of cheap insurance. Geico may save you some money but it will cost you in the end!

Original review: July 27, 2018

For more than 5 years I have a clean record, my spouse does not. She is with Allstate. I, therefore excluded her from my application with Geico. Also she has a different car (Really!). In my application process, Geico forces me to report her data anyway. At first, I am ending with a good car insurance quote. Then, I am moving to the final webpage to purchase the policy and here comes a show stopper. They hiked my insurance by 20%+ because of my wife's record. Other companies do not do that, at least that transparently and viciously. Believe or not but that happened to me 3 years ago with Geico. Exactly the same way. Obviously my understanding a legal system and laws must be way off. Right?

Original review: July 27, 2018

I've been with Geico Ins. Co. numbers of years and it was OK. But, today I have change my mind. Get a new car and received a notification from Geico about my new premium, which was too high. I called them to verify why. During the call conversation I realized that my premium was increased AGAIN!!! It's really unacceptable. Customer service representative was very rude and unprofessional. It's about time to find another ins. co. Very upset.

Original review: July 27, 2018

On Aug 19, 2017 we purchased a brand new car, (paid cash). Added it to our policy with no problems. Two weeks later we were forced to file a claim for damage that was beyond our control. The damage was due to a storm called (Harvey). When we knew we were going to file I called with “GEICO.” There was no problems with filing the claim. Upon checking about the claim I was told that “I had better hope this was not a fraudulent claim.” When asked why I then was told that “people like me file claims all the time.” I then was taken back by them and said, "Well I am not most people and it is a legitimate claim."

A day or two later I called back in to speak with a supervisor about this problem. Told her that what was said was very uncalled for along with unprofessional, demeaning, and there is no proof that I am one of those people. I proceeded to tell the supervisor that I not only wanted an apology from the girl but, I also thought she should be removed from talking with any customers with what she had said to me. I also talked with her about other problems we had with the company.

I concluded the conversation with the supervisor by giving them a time frame for the girl to call me. I also told them that if I did not get an apology from the girl that I would change companies. I am begging that nobody else ever has to go thru this with this company. Especially in a time of need. In canceling the policy they could not even get the day we wanted it cancelled right. This company does need to be investigated for a whole list of problems. The biggest is lying. If I could give a zero (0) I would.

Original review: July 26, 2018

On July 7, 2018 I was sitting in the passenger side of the front seat of my car, that was parked. The young lady who hit me had been drinking and her male friend had also. He attempted to start a fight with my friend who was driving my car. My car is in the shop for repairs and I've been diagnosed with injury. Today Geico Sabrina ** called me to tell me this is considered minor and I will not be receiving any injury pay. I'm very upset due to the stress, time spent and the entire situation! Frankly, I'm disgusted with Geico that any accident where drinking and driving is considered "minor." I'm not sure where to go from here... Any advice??

Original review: July 26, 2018

I called Geico to have my car towed to my house, I have been with Geico for a number of years. I never missed a payment, I have never used my roadside service, But on July 24th 2018 my car broke down 25 miles from home. I sit by the road for over 4 hours in 90 degrees heat waiting for a tow truck. When I called Geico again they said the tow truck broke down. I asked them if they had a another tow truck. They said they would try to find another tow truck. I called the Geneva Alabama city police to check on my ever so often. A city policeman stayed with me until a tow truck came from Georgia got there.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’ve been a loyal customer for 5+ years. I have to say they’ve been great! SO I THOUGHT... Every month they withdraw $284.00 to fully cover my Range Rover. I feel safe knowing that my family is protected... A couple days ago I run into rain and debris on the highway, something flying must of hit my vehicle which caused my spoiler assembly to fail. I hear a loud crack and rumbling as I look into the rear view mirror, a piece of the spoiler crashes into the cars behind me. I call Geico to report the claim when the headache began.

Instead of working with me, every person I spoke with chose to question the incident and insisted that maybe it was a recalled item? Or that the double sided tape failed? Or that maybe I should go to a junkyard and find a replacement piece as they don’t cover wear and tear? Seriously... junkyard for a Range Rover? I was given the number to the supervisor (3 times) only to find it was a wrong number. Unbelievable. There is more, but a total waste of my time to type. I’m hoping this gets resolved as I feel they work off scripts and dong really care about their customers... A total waste of time. They should change their tagline to: “Geico saving themselves 15% or more on their car insurance.”

Original review: July 23, 2018

Person at fault is with same company. Their representative leaves much to be desired. However I feel we will stay with GEICO due to past experience changing vans and buying a RV. They were super to deal with. There were due discounts and rebate and they were super responsive and prompt.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Where to begin? Perhaps the mileage form first. I ride a bike to work most of the time due to the fact that I live within a mile of my place of employment. Geico jacked my rates back up and kept trying to get me to fax them a odometer reading from my car when no other insurance company has made me do this. The agents whom I spoke to on the phone were adamant that this was standard procedure but I have yet to run into anyone else who upholds this practice. I've been insured by Progressive, AAA and Farmers which I feel is a pretty decent cross section of agencies.

Value wise, they are garbage. They do 6 month terms often at the same cost that you could get insured by another agency for the same amount of money. When I brought this up to the agent on the phone she was rude and extremely condescending to me, questioning both my intelligence and my ability to verify that I had provided adequate information to my new agency (this was during the cancellation phone call).

Also, don't believe anything these grifters say for even a second. The original agent that I had spoken to claimed over the phone that I was paid through July for my insurance. When canceling, the agent on the phone then tried to coerce me into paying additional money, upwards of $250 dollars. When I questioned her about this, the same rude, condescending attitude was applied to me, attempting to make my concerns seem unimportant while at the same time subtly trying to make me feel stupid. Her attitude was like this for much of the phone call. Needless to say, Geico's customer service is awful. If you like getting overcharged for insurance, jumping through hoops, dealing with dishonest agents, having your intelligence insulted and having an all around awful customer service experience then Geico may be for you. I however value both my time and my money which are both better spent elsewhere. STAY AWAY.

Original review: July 20, 2018

All queries are answered by knowledgeable professionals leading to great satisfaction and very competitive rates. Satisfaction leads to positive thoughts about the services of a company and enhances their reputation.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I've been a customer of GEICO's since at least 2009. A couple of years ago one of my credit cards expired and GEICO was unable to receive their normal monthly payment on time. I quickly activated a new card and went forward with payment just a short while after being notified. GEICO decided to penalize me for a lapse in payment, even though the expiring was not due to insufficient funds, but due to a simple oversight on my expiration date. An oversight from a loyal customer of 7 years (9 year now), who never before missed a payment.

My insurance went up around 25-30% a month. They told me their underwriters would look into readjusting the rate after 12 months. 12 months later they would not budge from the new price. I waited yet another year and still no adjustment. It's been well over two years now and every time I ask, they decline to adjust my rate. Finally, I found STATE FARM and they beat GEICO's price by 20% AND my policy is actually MORE COMPREHENSIVE although my deductible is just a touch higher. Bottom line: If customer loyalty means NOTHING to a company... SHOP AROUND folks. (Thanks for bearing with all my emphatic caps locked)

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was in a car accident and the boy hit ME from behind. I was trying to get some information on what my next steps will be but my questions never got answered. GEICO does not fight for their customers even the ones that have been affiliated with them for 10 or more years. I spoke on the phone with a Tammy ** and she is a VERY rude and disrespectful claims rep. This is the 3rd time I've spoke with her and she is nasty!!! She is the reason I will no longer interact or deal with GEICO!

Not sure about GEICO ?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Insurance for you.

GEICO expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. Today, the company operates their business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.

• Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if they take a while to decide how to act.

• 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.

• Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.

• Best for: New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky
Matthew Brodsky

Insurance Contributing Editor

GEICO Company Information

www.geico.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business