1.87/5
  • 1 star
Based on 443 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

GEICO

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

3265 GEICO Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

After 14 years of being loyal Geico customers, even insuring our home through them, Geico hiked up our monthly payment in a way that is impossible to pay. This was after my daughter had a minor accident. My husband was literally told, "Find a new service." I'm now looking for a new company to insure both our cars and our home. Any suggestions?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Needed roadside assistance with a temperature of 15 degrees outside. Setup help with my Geico roadside assistance at 7:15 am. Tow company gave an ETA of 8:35 because they didn't open until 8:00 AM according to the Geico rep. So much for 24 hour emergency roadside assistance.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Insured by GEICO. A man runs a red light, totals the vehicle, and Geico Only Paid for a rental for 6 days!! It takes way longer than that for the totaled car to be paid off, & make it ok to purchase another vehicle! Shame on You Geico for your lack of Customer Service!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

May 8, 2017. My son and I were struck in a parking lot by a driver who hit and ran. The teen driver was not covered by her parents insurance, so here we go with the long process. Not only did the teen hit and run, but I had to hunt her down, and in the end file against my own insurance company. Well that company is Geico. After the Long process, before even getting the car fixed, my premium doubled. My attorney has been calling the adjuster for 3 months now and there has been no return phone calls. And they lowballed the offer so low, it wasn't even enough to cover me and my son medical bills. These people are a joke. Called the supervisor and he said he sees where the adjuster has not returned any calls. I mean what was I paying $547.00 a month to Geico for? Them to not answer phone calls. If I have $100,000 worth of coverage what the hell does that count for? Stay away from these people. They are no good. Don't let Geico fool you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have been a customer of this company for 2 years and the last year of being a customer they have sucked over and over again. I moved from one city to another and they increased my monthly premium with $16.00 more, I am only moving 5 miles away. They have also given me different options when I attempted to change my due date, first they said "pay this month payment, call us back on the day you want and they would change it." Lies, lies. If I changed my payment date they would charge extra. Never was able to get things going right with this sucky company.

Maybe for some people they have not asked for a change date so they are giving GEICO a thumbs up. Well hope they don't get in a situation like mine because it will cause them more MONEY!! AND THEIR CALL CENTER SUCKS TOO, they have a bunch of ignorant people working there. I have cancelled with them and found an insurance who doesn't charge extra for moving or choosing an appropriate payment date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been with Geico for decades. I have paid big bucks and I was told I got no-fault credit which means that, even if I made a mistake in the car accident, they won't raise the premium. How recently, they raised my half-yearly premium from over 900 dollars to over 1200 dollars without explaining the reason. I called to ask. They told me it's because the frequency of car accidents on my car. I know that there were several car accidents happened to my car in recent 2 years in Miami, Florida. But none of them is my fault. Geico agrees it's not my fault but they still decide to keep the decision to increase the premium.

Should we pay for errors made by other drivers in insurance business??? I contacted Geico many times and they insist the increase. So I decide to rate them low. I believe it's fair to increase the premium if the insured is at fault. But it's unfair to increase the premium not because the insured is at fault but because the bad luck he got in which his car was hit several times within certain timeframe.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was satisfied at the beginning of my policy for car insurance, but the price went up. I called to cancel my policy because I found another company to switch over to with a great quote. The customer representative that assisted me in terminating my coverage was something else. She asked what insurance and why I was switching over to. I told her I haven’t switch yet, but I’m switching over because my family has been with the company for a long time and the premium was a few dollars than what I was paying with Geico. She immediately said “so you haven’t switched over but you are switching because of the few dollars less than we are offering” in a condescending tone. After that sentence, clearly I did not want to be involve with Geico anymore. She informed me that my policy will be ending by ** date and before I said thank you, she hung up. Very dissatisfied with that customer service. Never will return with Geico.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Cancelled full coverage without sufficient notice - These silly people at this silly company needed more information from me and was mailing it to my home (which looked like solicitation) since they like to mail many junk mail to my home. Needless to say they wanted documentation from me which I didn't comply in time. I never seen it. Funny, how I sign up for everything paperless, but something so important you use regular mail and NOT email or a phone call. I will NEVER use them again. I was a policyholder for over 5 years. They suck and are rip offs.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

While driving someone backed into me while stuck in traffic jam. Geico sided with other guy. Gave account to SF Pd. I think I'm going to sue Geico. Beware. They look for things to Jack up your rates! Watch out. Capitalism is back!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I just read the "4 reasons to embrace negative reviews and unhappy customers", from your "Consumer Affairs for brands." I personally do not like to post negative reviews about anyone or company, especially if that's all it's about; writing reviews, without resolve. I like resolution to problems as opposed to tearing someone down. I read the entire blog page about the reasons to embrace negative reviews. And hope Geico will take this review to heart and "embrace" it and resolve the issue, otherwise it becomes a legal issue.

I have been a customer for 10 years, and never had any problems, never had any accidents, or tickets etc., In fact, anytime I ever contacted Geico, the customer service has always been positive and professional with resolution. I contacted them on January 2, 2018 and spoke with a representative in regards to cancelling my policy. This was one day before policy renewal. The representative informed me that "unfortunately the money request for your money to be withdrawn from your account is in transit, and once it hits your account, it should reverse automatically, in other words, it will be as though you will not see the money leave your account." I was satisfied, and we hung up. This was on Tuesday. Thursday I contacted Geico and spoke with another representative and asked her if my money was received and cleared on their end. She told me "yes."

I then asked her why they cleared the money, and not return it back to my account, since I contacted them prior to it clearing in my account, then I told her the money is not supposed to be held on to, and asked them to release it back to my account. The next statement from her was "we need to verify from your bank that they released the money, and we need to make sure it cleared on our side, before it can be released back to you." I reminded her that she told me the money was received and cleared on her end. She told me it could take up to 2 weeks before the money is returned. I called back on January 7th and spoke to a representative again, and asked her to release my money, that they are not supposed to hold on to my money, since I cancelled prior to the renewal period, and since it was in transit on the 2nd. She gave me a "professional" runaround as well.

I called back on the 8th, and spoke with Heather (supervisor), she attempted to contact my bank (while I was on the phone) to have a 3 way conversation to make sure the bank released the money. I told her the same thing I told everyone else, but I entertained her, and let her make that attempt, unfortunately, the bank was closed. Heather told me she would have another supervisor contact me the next morning so we can contact the bank when they were open. The 9th, I waited by my phone all day long, until around 3:30pm, when I called them again, and spoke with a representative and told her my frustrations regarding the promise of being called back by a supervisor. She insisted that she could help me. She told me the money is in "receivables" and waiting for a review. A REVIEW???

I asked her what kind of review that money needed prior to being returned to me... She gave me some type of reasoning for it, that I did not understand, and did not make any sense to me. I told her that money has no reason to be reviewed, I cancelled on the 2nd of January, ONE day prior to renewal, end of story. She told me that she has no way of contacting receivables, therefore she would submit a message to them, and request the money be returned immediately to my account. Then she informed me that her shift was almost over, and she would contact me the next day to let me know how they responded to her request. I informed her that I have been promised before and I had a hard time trusting their promises. She told me that she will not let me down, because she too is a Geico customer and understands the meaning of a promise.

I then asked to speak with a supervisor to vent my frustration regarding promises they make... She transferred me to Katie (Supervisor). Katie told me that she was supposed to call me but was going to wait until later in the day. I told her that she was supposed to call before my bank closed, and it was too late now. Then I told her there was no need to contact my bank, because her representative informed me that Geico has my money in receivables waiting for a review before releasing back to me. She admitted they do have my money, and it is sitting and waiting to be returned. She blames weekends for the delay. WEEKENDS??? Weekends have nothing to do with my money. I told her that my perception is that they are sitting around, drinking coffee and not doing their job. That is the only logical reason I can find in my head as to why they are holding onto cleared money that does not belong to them.

They are holding onto money that was cancelled out one day prior to my renewal date. It should have been returned to me immediately. Once again, I hate writing reviews, if there is no resolution to the complaint. I do not like the fact Geico is holding on to money that I need. My new insurance company has already deducted money out of my account for my auto insurance, and Geico is holding on to money that does not belong to them. There is no reason to hold on to that money PERIOD! This review will remain open for updates, as time goes on. I will reveal whether I receive those promised phone calls, and I will reveal what date I receive my money back into my account. I wish there was something I could do legally about this issue. It is not right to hold onto something that does not belong to them.

They should have never received that money once I cancelled my policy, and once it hit their account, it should have been reversed, and not sit in a office for review. It's been 7 days since I contacted them, it was one day prior to renewal, therefore the entire amount is due to me. They informed me it has only been 3 business days from the 2nd to the 9th. Let's see. The 2nd was Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday (9th). It looks like, if my math is correct, it's been 6 full days. Where does she get 3 days? It should not have cleared on their end, it should have washed out, since I cancelled and it was in transit on Tuesday per the representative I spoke with on the 2nd. Now they are telling me it could take up to 2 weeks. NO! Open for Update... I hope, if Geico reads this, they use it to benefit positive changes in their company, and not take it as someone just complaining. I need resolution to this issue; IMMEDIATELY.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I chose the Dave's Auto Body to do the repairs(~$12k), which Geico would not approve because it was $2K more than Service King. The car sat for 45 days without being worked on, during which the auto body shop contacted me to ask if I could contact Geico to see where they were at in the process. I had the car transferred over to Service King. I requested the repair bill from Service King which is now ~$12k. I have been without a car for 100+ days. Geico only covers 30 days of rental or $1500, which doesn't even make up for the 45 days they burned contesting a $2k difference on an estimated repair bill. The customer service doesn't know anything about what's going on, and the auto adjuster is impossible to contact. The auto adjuster I was working with pawned off communication to his manager. The manager rarely communicates and hasn't offered to do anything about me being without a car.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

About 18 months ago I called Geico for a quote because my other insurance company rates kept going up every 6 months. Although my home insurance was cheaper with them as long as I kept my car there also, the car rates were too much. When I called Geico and explained to them that I had full insurance and that I wanted to keep the same type of insurance, the female started (acting like) to ask me questions, Defensive Driving, where I work and started telling me all of which she was asking for and that I had qualified for a rate that was about $600 cheaper than what I had. Great right? NO! What she did was change my full coverage to liability without my knowledge.

On November 1, 2017, my car was parked in from of my house, a car ran into my car totaling my car out. Because I knew I had to report the accident I called Geico and explained to them what had happened. The guy on the phone stated, "Well the good thing about it, it's not your fault, but you only have liability insurance with us so you have to get paid from the other insurance company. At the time I did not even know what Liability insurance was, and for the first time, I realized that this is how they scam people with lower rates. Why would I give up a lower home insurance, when I could have gotten liability insurance with the same company and kept my home insurance discount at the same time. I requested full insurance and they gave me liability insurance without my knowledge. Shame on you Geico. Oh! To top it off they won't even help me with my claim and lost with the other insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I was scammed by their claims agent and department, and did not receive significant compensation for permanent knee injury resulting from one of their covered drivers running a stop sign. Accident report gives 100% fault to Geico insured driver. Partly my fault for not hiring an attorney and trusting what they said. That being said it is a fact that they will lie to injured individuals to save money and then spend obnoxious amounts of money on advertising. Having experienced this now makes their advertising nauseating, and my knee hurts every day. Consumers beware.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have been a driver for 30 years with same insurance company with no accidents or tickets. I am thinking of getting a new car and heard Geico had competitive rates so called to get a quote. I wanted to see what quote for new car and also if I had two cars and then finally the quote of adding my daughter onto the policy. It was impossible to get a quote for this. The guy was throwing out numbers and then asking me how I was going to pay! I told him I didn't have the car yet. Didn't matter he wanted a credit card number. I told him I wasn't sure I was going to have two cars or add my daughter and especially since I needed more of a detailed breakdown of each etc coverage, deductibles etc, but he kept saying how Geico is the no 2 insurance company now and how will I be paying.

Turns out the quote for two cars was less than what my current ins co charges however one car or adding another driver was $250 plus more. I asked him why so much more and again he just pushed for my credit card info. I told him I wasn't making any decisions yet but he wouldn't take that answer. The whole conversation was beyond anything I would have expected from an insurance company. I had to hang up on him and as I did he was still asking for my card no. So glad I didn't go with them.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

This is a crooked company... Adding people to my policy I didn't include then remove them and my policy goes up. Couldn't answer why after 20 minutes of asking a dozen times. Crooked. Ignorant. Money grubbing parasites... And I'm being nice. Had to give one star because I couldn't give zero.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My door handle and spoiler were ripped off my car last week in an apparent break-in attempt. I called Geico and they set up a tow truck to take it to a collision repair shop. They TOWED my car when I specifically requested a flat bed, as my car is AWD. I have had one conversation with the adjuster in 8 days and he gave me no information on a timeline, why a dozen phone calls went unanswered, and why his supervisor didn't even call me back. This behavior in a time of duress, has given me serious doubts as to how they would actually do if it were a serious accident. My confidence is so thoroughly shaken, that I'm getting quotes from other insurance providers. If you value confidence in your insurance, I suggest finding a company that actually cares.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was involved in an accident where I was cut off by another car and hit the curb/median in November 2017. My car had blown tires and damage to the suspension and was deemed a total loss. Geico found me responsible for the accident and was supposed to pay off the car to the lien holder, when I found out they were going up on my insurance over $700 a month my husband called them and cancelled the auto draft in November.

Geico still drafted my account on December 15th 2017 over $1100 without authorization causing my mortgage check and other bills to bounce. When we called to complain they claim there was no record of the phone call requesting the cancellation and to stop the auto draft. It’s now Jan 2018 and my lien holder still has not received my payoff check for the total loss vehicle because Geico claims the check was put in regular mail during the holidays with no way to track it. I would not recommend this company to anyone because of their dishonesty and unethical practices. This was the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with and if I can take some legal action against them I will.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In November a tree fell on my parked car, totaling a car barely two years old. They said they issued a check for the loss which was 2K less than the remaining loan, and the bank never received it. So they reissued the check supposedly. When the bank received the check the check BOUNCED! and the amount was reversed! I am shocked at the level of unprofessionalism.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I called to get a price offer for an insurance for 2 different cars, the price offer I got was $374 for 2 cars. I didn't had one of the cars number (only had one of them when I started the insurance), when I called again a few days later they gave me a different price of $505 per month! When I tried to understand where did the price change came from (from $374 to $505) they didn't had anything smart to say. Bottom line, very bad experience, don't believe anything they say. Worst company ever.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I left Geico due to a situation in which I was hit in the rear by a welfare recipient. Regardless of the fact I was the one hit, Geico wanted me to pay a$500 deductible. So I changed insurance companies. For a year or more I received letters and calls from Geico telling me what a good caring company they are. What benefits are available, how I can save money, etc. Well I went back. Big mistake. One detail they did not tell me about was the $50 glass protection plan. Needless to say my windshield was cracked and my deductible was $500, less than the price of a new windshield. Geico had information that would have been beneficial to me and they withheld it. So I think this information would have saved me money. Something Geico is always saying they do for their customers. A big fat LIE.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I made Geico what the lady named Candace. It seemed like this girl Candace had an attitude. Judged your answers by the way you answered your questions with the claim. Like I live in Devils Lake North Dakota, the roads here the day I made my claim two days before Christmas this year 2017, I called right away and did my police report and I got Candice as my claims agent. She had a very snotty attitude. I would answer her questions as a person that pays close to $100 for her car insurance. I answered every question truthfully as I felt like he came on to impact hitting my driver's door due to weather conditions. A day after Christmas she decides to call me mind you around supper time 6 p.m. To tell me that Geico car insurance declares that they are citing with the other car insurance on this. I had American Family before and every claim that I had... I WON.

The day of my claim that I called there was ice and snow on the road. Candice couldn't make this through. She told me she didn't understand what I meant by I see and snow. She said, "Was it over casting and how many "meters," "inches" were you from where you parked leaving to where he came on the impact with you?" I gave her the best description out everything I possibly could with respect. She always came back with a snotty attitude like she was holding her nose talking and then chuckles...

I felt like I just left in my parking lot and a Truck came on it and packed with me. They want to side with the other insurance company on this one? Because the police department handles they issued me a ticket saying proper and backing. Never have I dealt with this with any other car insurance before... I pay close to $100 and now my door won't be getting fixed. I don't have Collision on my policy but I felt like I was in an accident with it when I never came on the impact with him and from please review footage. There's two lanes in a residential road. If Geico or this can destroy have any common sense they would have sided with me. SEEING HOW THAT DAY I NEVER EVEN GOT TO PUT MY CAR IN DRIVE YET!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

It's more than 10 years that my wife and I are customers with Geico for our two cars. No history of incidents or claims, few tickets older than 10 years and our policy costs more than $1,600 for 6 months. My wife has a new Honda CRV and I drive a 9 years old Honda Accord. Both of us decided the lowest limits on the policy that the state of RI allows to pay as less as possible, but still Geico could not lower our policy a penny.

I called my brother to a nearby city that has a very similar policy than mine and I asked him how much it was paying. He also has Geico and with the highest limits him and his wife pay half than me. I was so irritated, soon called back Geico customer service to tell them why two family with similar situation a policy needed to pay so differently. They tried to tell me that we had different cars etc but is not true. Our car are older than 2 years and then my brother has higher limits, so he should be paid more and not less than me. Totally with no sense the customer service lady could not give an explanation on why our policies were so different in price with same records history and similar cars.

I want to share my experience because I thought Geico was the cheapest and the more convenient company in US for car insurance, but actually it is not. I also bundled my house insurance with them but I still pay the double of my brother. It's ridiculous, please I invited everyone to compare your car insurance policy with other companies, find your time to shopping around and don't let you get ripped off from Geico. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

When I say I had the worst experience I had the worst experience with Geico a company which promises excellent customer service came out to be totally wrong. It all began with filing for my first claim ever! I reported a hit a run that happen in the neighborhood I stayed overnight at, they came to do a estimate on the incident and quickly told me I was lying! Had me under investigation saying that I could face federal charges if I'm lying, interrogated me, ask me questions like where I work, where I was the day before that had nothing to do with the incident. I never was accused of lying before!. I was already devastated about my car! To add on top of that the investigation took 3 months! I was without a car for three months just cause they thought I was lying.

When they finally accepted my claim after 3 months they told me to take my car to a shop so it can get repaired. I took it in myself, got off work early to take it in the shop, stayed there a day just to get a call from Geico telling me they are sorry that my car is actually totalled and I need to get my title and registration asap if I dont want nothing to happen to my car. So again I had to spend time off work to make it to the shop. I couldnt believe a company that promises so much customer service treated me such way, so then I proceeded with the horrific process and went in for the settlement check for the loss, they try to give me a extreme low amount for my car that wasnt fair. I had to pull up documents of all the work I put in my car for them to increase my check which again took tremendous amount of time and hassle...

Then when it was finally time for them to send the check they took their almighty time and made my life ten times harder. I have kids, I have a job, I have a life. Geico did not care about any of that... that's not the end. I was due to make my last payment on my policy on December which I was qualified for lower rates. I went on the app and notice I had a outstanding balance of 750 dollars! I quickly called them and ask them what was going on. They told me I disputed a charge when I never did! I went right into my bank account to prove them that I didnt. Mind you it was one week before I had to pay my last bill so I wanted to make sure everything was going to be ok. After some back and forth with the representative they finally told me that they are sorry that they took the wrong payment off my policy and to not worry 'cause they will get it resolve and they will contact me. I trusted their customer service to help me.

I quickly regretted it. They put the money that they mistakenly took out my policy and added to my next bill due in less than a week. They never got back on me on how they were able to solve the issue and they proceeded with charging my card with the outstanding balance that they made a mistake on and since I'm not ever used to making a 750 dollar monthly bill it decline and since it decline they proceeded with cancellation of my policy! Totally wrong. As soon I notice I called and they didnt even bother to help me. They're were very disrespectful and told me that even if I make that payment they wont go forward with my policy cause of some misinformation on my claim that I had no information at all about?

Please stay away from this company. The worst experience. I'm telling you they will literally not care about your life situation. They didnt care that it was Christmas coming up for me that I had a child to make happy that I made it to work. It was a disgusting feeling seeing how this company treated me. I dont want it to happen to you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I tried to remove my daughter & her vehicle off my policy. She is going to live in a dorm in college & wont be driving anymore so we sold her car. Geico REFUSED to take her off my policy even though SHE DOESNT HAVE A CAR AND ISNT LIVING IN MY HOUSE ANYMORE. They said they need proof she is getting a different insurance policy, SHE DOESNT NEED INSURANCE. SHES NOT DRIVING. SHE DOESNT HAVE A CAR. I am now stuck with this bill for the rest of my life. I am stuck with my daughter on my policy unless I leave Geico completely. Which I will be doing tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have my vehicle insured via Geico Insurance with a roadside assistance service added on for 5.00 month, I have used this service twice this year with zero results. No one actually responds to the call for assistance, in spite of the fact you receive a text message with an ETA of tow or repair company. Today a company called 'Compass Services' was given the job and never showed up. When I called dispatch for Compass after an hour wait; I was told "Sorry we have other calls, we'll call Geico and tell them to give it to another company".

Last time (approx. 8 months ago) I was left in a dark parking lot for 2.5 hours without any care on Geico's part. Today I attempted to use this service and was told I had a 45 minute wait. After one hour I called and was told they took calls ahead of mine and it would be at least another hour and it would be best to give my call to another company. I had to use AAA belonging to a friend I was travelling with to get my vehicle's tire changed. I cancelled the roadside assistance part of my policy. I deserve a refund for the year I paid 60.00 whereby this service is a hoax and nothing but false advertising. Buyer beware, do not buy Geico Roadside Service, it exists in only advertising.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I went online to see if I could get a better auto insurance rate for my family. I received an initial rate which was better than my current rate so I decided to buy. Upon going to exit the rate was increased by $700 for the 6 month term. Rate was still slightly lower so I agreed to purchase at this rate and provided credit card. After initiating purchase, get message that policy is being "reviewed". Get email that rate was now going up by an additional $800 or 50% increase from initial rate quoted. I immediately called to cancel policy and get charge stopped to my credit card.

Policy was cancelled but card has been charged for insurance and continue to get emails about getting my auto paperwork. Called GEICO and rep said refund is "in process" and, "Hopefully you will have in 3 to 5 days." Bad business to charge someone before you provide final quote for a policy and not provide immediate credit back on card when someone doesn't want a rate 50% higher than initially quoted.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Cheap policy and horrible customer service!! They scam you with all the lie and they are not even willing to help you while you are on an accident and on the road! Please it’s a request from the customer to not to go for this insurance policy!! Pay extra dollars for a better service when it comes to auto claim and road Assistance. It’s worth to have a good reputed company!! This is a total scammer who are not worried about the customers and just there to take your money and making a business out of it!! It’s very frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

They say Geico is the 3rd largest insurance Co. In America! Well one of their insured rear-ended me on the highway due to texting and driving. All they settled for was $1,000. This was 2014. I constantly have neck pain due to the accident. Can I still do anything about it. Case has been settled.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

On Thanksgiving 2017, I side-swiped my son's car. It was only a transfer of paint. I told him to contact my insurance carrier, Geico and gave him the number. When the claims rep called, she asked that I send her my phone logs and texts logs to ensure I hadn't contacted the police, tow truck or ambulance because it's a new policy. Really? Not to mention she is not local. I have at this point been dealing with this since right after Thanksgiving. So I went online to my phone carrier and copied my call log from over 30 days (10/1/17 - 11/25/17). Because I copied the phone log and put it in Word format, she didn't want to accept this. First of all, I haven't ever heard of this. I gave my son, the phone number and the policy number. So needless to say, I will no longer be dealing with GEICO. They are not worth it. I'm not a happy camper.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I initially signed with GEICO because they do indeed offer the lowest rates. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. I had my policy rewritten just as the policy was going to expire; upon which I was told I qualified for further lower monthly payments, due to a good record. They asked for a payment, which was paid. The following month, I was told I owed a lump sum of approx. $900; mind you, I signed up for monthly payments.

When I contacted customer service, she was quick to tell me that I had taken action to change my method of payment (which would make no sense, given that I only do monthly payments) and that the best she could do was waive it by having me make a payments (more than my agreed monthly payment.) She did not care to work with me remedy the issue - rather, she was quicker to have me cancel the policy, which I had no issue doing. Thanks for the "we're sad to see you go" email, but I will never opt for GEICO.

GEICO expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1926, GEICO is one of America's oldest and largest full-service insurance companies. Today, the company operates their business out of the corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C, and they have insured more than 22 million vehicles to date.

• Fast quotes: GEICO can give drivers seeking auto insurance a quote for their insurance policy in less than 15 minutes.

• Quote storage: Once customers receive their quote, GEICO stores the information for 90 days, so customers don't have to start over if they take a while to decide how to act.

• 24-Hour customer service: The company has representatives available to help customers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Discounts offered: GEICO offers customers discounts on auto insurance, including discounts for customer loyalty, driver's education, vehicle equipment additions and more.

• Customer service satisfaction: The company is known for providing customers with excellent customer service, and they received the 2014 J.D. Power award for Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers.

• Best for: New drivers, people who just purchased a car and parents who drive children in their cars.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky
Matthew Brodsky

Insurance Contributing Editor

GEICO Company Information

www.geico.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use