3.7/5 (1885 ratings)
Get a Quote on SmartFinancial

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

About GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance. It has several discount options, including for those who combine its coverage policies. As a direct provider, it can offer lower auto insurance rates than many of its competitors. Policyholders can manage their coverage online or through the company’s mobile app.

Pros

• Affordable policies
  • Several discount options
  • Intuitive website and app

Cons

• Can be pricey for high-risk drivers
  • Few local agents

Bottom Line

GEICO is one of the largest auto insurance providers in the U.S. It has affordable prices, several discount options and an app for policy management. However, it doesn’t employ many local agents.

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

GEICO Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I have been with GEICO for more than 10 years. This year, I filed a claim because someone hit my car and then run away. When I filed the claim, they told me my standard deductible is $500, but I can file it as uninsured motorist to reduce to $200 with a police officer's report. I did all those, but GEICO totally denied it by using a ridiculous reason: they do need the information of another party. I asked them 'How you want me to get the information since it was a hit-and-run?' They don't care. No problem, I can afford $300. But GEICO deserves a one-star rating for their lie and this difference.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

3 years consistently with this company. Had decided to wait till date of policy due date and as I went to pay my policy. They had already posted a cancelation letter ..Policy payment were not an option as they were throughout policy and this was on the 6th of October. The policy didn't exp till the 18th ....Farmers here I come. Shame on you GEICO.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Geico is the worst insurance company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Let me compare Geico service to another insurance company to fully illustrate just how awful their service is. I switched from USAA to Geico 6 years ago when I got married. I had been with USAA for probably 15 years and had always been happy but getting married it made sense to put us both on the same policy. My premiums have always been paid on time and in my 32 years of driving I have only had 3 insurance claims, one of which is the reason for this review. I was driving home when out of nowhere a large deer jumped in front of my car that I had just purchased. I literally made the second payment on the car the day before the accident. I had the car towed back to town and began the nightmare of dealing with this insurance company. Even though I was the one in the accident they have never spoken with me, only my husband.

They have never even asked if I was injured. When we asked about a rental since I still need to be able to get to and from work was told we didn’t have that option on our policy. A week later we finally started getting communication saying that my car had depreciated in value $5,000 in two months, the tires were bad, and the car was “mostly clean”. This is a car didn’t have a scratch on it prior to the accident. This car looked like it did the day it left the dealership.

They sent us comps that not only were not even in the same part of the country, but the comps booked more than what they were offering us until they did some magical math to make every car worth less than what they dealerships were asking. So now it looks like after years of collecting premiums and safe driving when I need my insurance company to live up to our agreement and cover my car they are not going to. I will be out not only the $2,000 I out down but the $2,000 to license the car and still owe another $2,000 on the car loan.

Let’s compare the customer service from Geico with USAA. About 10 years I was involved in a hit and run accident with a drunk driver. USAA handled everything! Their first question was “Are you ok”? They arranged for my car to be dropped off at the repair shop of my choice and arranged for a rental car. All I had to do was sign for the rental car. They made what was a scary, terrible situation feel like I wasn’t alone, like we were part of a team and in this together rather than the Geico situation where I am having to fight for them to cover anything.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I have been a longtime Geico Customer. Lately their Service have been awful. I have had my insurance cancelled twice so far this year, even though I have had continuous autopay. It is so frustrating talking to the Customer Service Representatives. Everyone is polite on the telephone. However, they continuously submit wrong information. I have almost had my Virginia driver’s license suspended twice this year, because Geico mistakenly cancelled my insurance. If I did not check my mail my licenses would have been suspended for no insurance. They take out money out of my checking account automatically. I have called and asked for a credit for the months that reported no insurance even though they deducted the amount. I am so frustrated. I am going to cancel Geico and get a different insurance company.

I keep remembering when Geico was the superior insurance company, with funny commercials, and excellent customer service, and roadside service. However those days are gone. Like most larger companies now it is all about maximum income, nickel and dime the consumers, and treat customers like they are doing the customer a favor. I wish I could give them “0” star. For the time I have wasted going to DMV and correcting information on the telephone and online. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I was in a terrible accident where the tire shop did not put the lug nuts on my car properly which resulted in a crash. I told Geico but they blamed me for the accident and quadrupled my rates making it impossible for me to afford to drive. Subsequently they refused my medical claims because an orthopedic doctor, their examiner who only saw me for a few minutes stated I did not need care which was totally false.

I had a serious head injury, spinal injury and contused my chest very badly, slamming agains the steering wheel in a head on collision on the highway. It has been an uphill battle getting care and getting it covered. Don't think you are covered for medical just because you have medial coverage on your policy. The Geico doctors seem to be in the business to deem you not in need of care so Geico does not have to pay claims. It's a screwed up system that treats customers well when they have no claims but when it gets down to covering you when you are injured they don't want to pay.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

My car was hit on August 31st. I have a witness, time and date stamped photos of person's Geico card as well as their registration and admitted they did it. Geico said they tried for a week to contact them, your claim's department then gave up and ignored all of the evidence I had and said I was out of luck. Lesson being just blow off geico for a week and you don't have to pay for the claim and neither does Geico. I'm a Geico customer, who defends me? This was a lousy experience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Updated on 9/26/2022: RE: **. So far I have been told I didn't make the 63.54 payment - that is why my new policy canceled - Also that my policy canceled on the 28th. Also that my new policy was canceled for non-payment of the new amount that included the old balance due of the 63.54 that I HAD PAID and WILL PROVE IN YET ANOTHER WAY BELOW WITH GEICO'S OWN HISTORY!!! BUT you also told me there is a 15 day grace period that had NOT YET PASSED for me to have paid my new policy!!! Therefore, it should NOT have Been Cancelled for non-payment! Because my account had been caught up for the previous policy payment of 63.54 and the grace period for the new policy had not yet passed!

It shows IN MY BANK STATEMENT the payment I made on 8/9 of $63.54 (to cover the payment not made after a double payment was disputed on july 26th.) YOUR HISTORY SHOWS MY CARD WAS DECLINED 8/9 YET...my bank shows it cleared. YOUR HISTORY ALSO SHOWS MY POLICY WAS NOT CANCELED UNTIL 8/8 yet you're telling me it cancelled a different date... you've also told me it was due to not paying the old balance of 63.54 which I did otherwise would not have been able to dispute it AGAIN TODAY since you claim no payment was received! How about choose ONE story and stick with it! And it did indeed CLEAR because that is the I HAVE NOW DECLARED to 20 DIFFERENT GEICO EMPLOYEES A DOZEN DIFFERENT TIMES!

Original review: I have been with GEICO for years- I'm not on auto pay, so they inundate me with payment dues via text, email and paper mail- even though I'm digital only. 2 weeks ago they mailed my new policy cards to me, followed by a letter last week telling me that canceled my policy August 28 - 2+ weeks after my renewal OUT OF THE BLUE - cancelled! For a double payment that had gone through in JULY I disputed only ONE of the payments but geico clearly redacted one of the double payments after the fact so neither were paid- The day I found this out, I paid it again and have proof it cleared on august 9/10... I have sent them MULTIPLE screen shots of the one disputed for the double payment July 26th- and the cleared payment August 9th.

I still have no insurance and it is now September 22nd. I have emailed them a dozen times and spoken with a dozen people. All for them to tell me what I already know- a glitch happened between the companies but they are holding me accountable even though I paid it...again! I thought, I'll just pay it a 3rd time so I at least have my insurance and it will get worked out- only now GEICO will only accept a FULL ONE TIME PAYMENT of 900$ to reinstate me-- AFTER BEING WITH THEM FOR YEARS!!!! AND THIS BEING A TECHNICAL ERROR NOT OF MY DOING!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Geico is a horrible insurance company! I was recently in a car accident that was not my fault and I was provided with extremely poor service. No adjuster was assigned to my claim and no one contacted me to process the claim. The claim representatives are extremely unprofessional and unknowledgeable of how to answer questions regarding an insurance claim. They sent me to a bad repair collision center which damaged my vehicle and the Geico claims department never took the time to contact me to investigate & inquire about the damages. They denied any damages after one month by leaving a general voice message by a novice adjuster that I had never been in contact with.

I have been a loyal customer of Geico Insurance Co since 2009 and I feel that in the last few years Geico company has done a total revamp of the company and it's a big disaster and a mess! The company does not acknowledge nor do they care about the customer who pays for auto insurance in order to receive protection when there is a collision or damages as a result of a MVA. Their staff stinks and they have no idea what insurance is if they feel they can boot "you out" and not explain anything to you!! They have no understanding of the law, and ethical standards for processing a claim!! I am horrified and appalled at how unruly, disrespectful and ugly their services are. They are by the way providing a service!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I tried to get full coverage on my new car and they denied me even though I have had no tickets or accidents in over 7 years. I'm legally allowed to drive, but Shawna the manager was rude and sounded like she just wanted to get me off the phone since it was 10pm. I would never get coverage through them again and will cancel my policy tomorrow.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

This company is horrible and they are overpriced. One would think they have good rates because you are billed every 6 months. Don't be fooled. We have great driving records but you will never know that with Geico. Trust me folks, go anywhere but here. I have learned and saved almost $2000 (over $1800) by switching!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Updated on 08/29/2022: Back on 8/25/22 I posted about my daughter getting in an accident with a Geico customer. So, I had to call AAA and get them involved because Geico gave the body shop $7,000 and told them to fix my daughter's car no matter what; don't listen to the customer. They wanted the body shop to weld sheet metal to my daughter's Audi.. The body shop called us and told us. We called back AAA and they sent their adjuster over and the car's frame was completely bent. AAA totalled the car out at $26,000. Geico is so scandalous and despicable. The little lizard looks so cute, sweet and not at all like the real serpent it is. AAA all the way!!!! Best insurance ever!!!!

Original Review: My daughter got into an accident with Geico customer. The kid was on his phone and in a big truck, he did not see my daughter pass in front of him so when he turned onto the street behind her, he rammed into the back of her and drove with her Audi in front of his car shoving her into a major road where she would have been t-boned. The kid said he thought it was his transmission.. There was a witness that watched the whole thing. Her Audi was taken to a Geico approved repair shop and the owner of the repair shop said Geico is ignoring the fact that her frame on her car is broken and trying to make him fix it regardless.

The owner said you need to get your car back to AAA. Geico is trying to trying to cover up a cracked frame and give your car back with 1/4 of another car; used parts from 2 separate cars. The repair shop guy said your car is not going to be the same, seems will not line up; your car will not be the same and the resale will be nothing. Geico is a scumbag insurance provider and the little lizard is really a snake. AAA is taking our car out of Geico's hands and getting it fixed and then billing Geico! Such a trash company and now you know. If you get into an accident with a Geico customer; make sure to call the cops and go through your own insurance.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE GEICO after 10 years. All this time I never had accident and the only help I needed once was towing, in 10 years. Now, someone hit my car and Geico is nowhere to be found and leaving all on my hands to fight with the other insurance which has been a horrendous experience. I was hit on June 7th and as of today 08/17 I'm still fighting without Geico's help. Where is Geico now that I need them after being a loyal customer for 10 years. All these payments I did are now going straight to the trash can. GOODBYE.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

In February 2022 I paid in full for a six month policy. I had to tell them that I am married which caused them to determine that my husband's license was not active. I informed them that he does not drive and is disabled due to a spinal surgery. I was informed everything was fine. In June we moved to a new address and I put a forwarding order in. On 06/22/22 Geico sent a letter telling me that I needed to contact them about my husband's license status. I did not receive the letter due to it being returned (not sure why because there was a forwarding order) so I updated my address. Nothing has been sent or emailed or posted on the app or website since.

My car broke down and I need a tow and was told that my policy was ended on 08/10/22 and "sorry you found out this way". I asked for a supervisor, Emily-Reissue supervisor, who got on the phone, was very rude, talked over me and then told me "you cannot be towed, there is nothing I can do for you" and then hung up. This is ridiculous! I find this a horrible way to do business. I had to hitchhike home and now I have no car.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

When I went through the process to get a quote for commercial vehicle insurance from Geico they sent me to a "partner" agency because they claimed they didn't have a product for my needs in the target address area. Fine. I called the number they gave because I needed the numbers right away. That partner organization collected all the same information from me all over again that I had just input with the Geico interface then they said they needed to connect me to an agent who could help me. Fine. That agent went through the entire process again and then says, "We will connect you with seven different agencies today who will give you quotes within the next 48 hours." What??

Turns out Geico shuffled me off to an information aggregator called Commercial Insurance dot net. And those people collected all my info before informing me that they were going to have me spammed by a bunch of other insurers. Needless to say I told them that I refused permission to send my information to anyone and that they should have disclosed their procedure up front before collecting my information. Shame on Geico and shame on this whatever dot net outfit. I hope they get shut down by the Consumer Credit Protection folks in DC. This sort of business model is a disservice to consumers and to their industry.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I've been a GEICO customer for 20+ years. I have great confidence in GEICO and have always been treated fairly... Their agents and representatives are the best. Thank GOD, I believe my monthly premium to be the lowest rate after having checked with other insurers. GREAT Company... GREAT rates... who can beat that combination.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I am a current resident in Homestead, FL. I have been with Geico for almost a year and never had an issue until today. I received my next bill to renew my insurance for $1,781.25. That is including my discounts and paying in full for that amount. I noticed that there was a huge increase from the last six months, which was $1334.76. I have attached what the increased amount has been every six months paid in full. When I noticed the amount increased, I contacted Geico because I thought it was a mistake and that would be the amount divided into six monthly payments with nothing included. When I spoke to the first agent, she told it was due to the inflation in the market and the rise of cost living, they needed to increase their prices for insurance.

I was appalled by what I was told and could not believed it jumped that much. I am a full time student, working part time and I knew I would not be able to stay with the insurance, so I started shopping around. From asking other insurance companies, my insurance was around to the original cost of insurance back in March. I decided to call Geico back, to see if I could get a breakdown of the increase of cost because on their website, you can ask to see why the increase. I can see the breakdown of coverage cost. When I told the Geico agent what the previous agent told me and how my insurance increased by $446.49 due to inflation, she said that was not entirely the correct answer.

Due to the area I live in Florida, Geico has to reassess the area and due to primarily car accidents and the lost of cars, the cost of insurance has affected everyone tremendously in the area and it happens to everyone. She said the main focus was the car accident that I have caused or been in and the medical cost as well. With the information she was sharing, she did mention my medical cost with an accident that I was in. That accident happened in a different vehicle, I was not even the driver, but my back did get injured and my attorney submitted my claim through my vehicle insurance (Geico) to help with the medical aspect. I was not at fault with the accident and I was not the driver. I was a passenger in the car and my vehicle is 100% accident-free.

I found the agent story to not correlate as to why my insurance increased. They say it is due to car accidents and medical expenses in Homestead but how does my medical coverage and expenses happened to be brought forward? The car accident actually happened in North Miami. I would understand a 10% increase in insurance cost but now it is about a 33% increase.

Original review: July 25, 2022

My wife and I have been with Geico for almost 30 years and she told me that Geico was increasing our premium by $70 a month ($840.00 annually). She couldn’t give me an explanation and we have had no accidents, tickets or claims within the past 5 years, so I called them today (25 July 2022 @ 1:39 PM EST). After I finally got thru to an agent, I said that I wanted to know why my rate went up $70 a month. After several minutes, she came back to me and said “you’ve done nothing wrong, it’s just that they have paid a lot more claims in Florida lately”. I said, "Think about what you just told me and ask yourself if that is right? So I am being penalized for all the poor drivers and the claims that your company has paid out and you're gonna raise my rates so that the executives can get their year end bonuses."

Insurance companies, in my opinion, have become a complete screwing over of the public. You pay premiums for protection and when you need them, they fight you tooth and nail of the very thing you pay premiums for. The same goes for any insurance you have, it’s ridiculous. I can’t go get another insurance because my premiums would, I’m assuming, be a lot higher because I’ve been with Geico so long. Thanks Geico for turning on one of your most loyal customers.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Scott **, an auto damage adjuster, fought me on an $11 payout when I paid GEICO to get payouts for accidents – and I was in an accident. After I got off the phone with him where he fought me, I was incredulous. And I still am. ** also said he would make the payout and then I didn't hear from him from a relative while. It was when I called to follow up that ** then fought me. **’s behavior was the last straw among many issues with GEICO that resulted in me switching to a new company for auto insurance. GEICO customer service also hung up on me and I don’t understand why.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I have purchased GEICO insurance on 02/26/2022 - 08/26/2022 for 6 months $1,692.13. I found out that my Front windshield (OEM) cracked by itself. I filed a claim for it online using Geico Mobile App on my phone. When I arrived there at the Safelite, Desk the installer told me that Geico might not cover for OEM. I asked Why? I have 100 deductibility comprehensive. I found out that SAFELITE makes HONDA aftermarket and they promoting their business. They are the ones that does Geico billing (approve or disapprove claims based on Geico customer agent on phone told me. If there is aftermarket available we are going use that because it's cheaper. OEM will cost you difference and I need to pay from my pocket and including 100 dollars deductibility. I'm very angry about this because what's of the point of being covered by the insurance if at the end of being difficult situation end up not being covered.

OEM and aftermarket glass are different because they might have passed the USA DOT but that doesn't mean they are the same quality as the manufacturer. Honda does not make their AUTO Glass but it's up to Honda standards to be built on/approved. $1,474.76 dollars for SAFELITE OEM Glass. Geico $889.44 is covering only about 60.81 percent of the cost. New York the insurance covers up your windshield for Free.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I was satisfied with GEICO insurance in Texas, however since moving to Nevada the customer service is non-existent. I bought my car from a dealer for the guarantees and full inspection reports to ensure everything was in working condition. The claims adjuster, Joshua ** refused to return claims calls and gave me the run around for months! He said he did not believe my car aircon was working before the accident. He is very unprofessional and rude! I offered to show the full inspection report when I bought the car, he chose instead to avoid all my calls! A Geico customer SLAMMED into my car and crushed the back of my car and knocked out the air conditioning simultaneously. I reported these damages and took photos and immediately uploaded into Geico's system. I was told the repair shop would follow up with Joshua ** to report all the damages.

The Geico claims adjuster, Joshua, took himself out of the equation and made the repair shop my primary contact through the whole repair process. When I went to pick up my car, there was an additional over $800 not covered because the claims adjuster refused to authorize the expense. This whole experience has been a nightmare. There is no rewards for being a loyal Geico customer for years. My rewards was being gaslighted by Joshua ** and being cheated. The customer service for Geico is now non-existent, everything is virtual and there is no physical locations any more, so no one is willing to help resolve claims fairly. They only ignore victims.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I have had auto insurance with Geico for over 7 years. Each year my car gets older and so do I. I have no tickets, citations, or accidents. I have two cars on my policy. My first car is in storage 360 days of the year and comes out only to be serviced. My second car is a 2008 Toyota Prius (paid in full) Without any cause or reason, Geico just increased my policy by $60+ dollars. When I called Geico, I was put on hold for a supervisor, who reached out to underwriting because he could not give me a valid reason. The supervisor came back to the line and apologized but unfortunately all he could offer me was to try to upsell me a homeowners policy.

Needless to say, I am very unhappy with Geico and their ability to price gouge policy holders in this unprecedented time of higher fuel cost, groceries, utilities, etc. without any rhythm or reason. They also sell a emergency roadside assistance that charges a claim against your policy if or when you have to use, and it only follows the car not the driver. Great Job Geico, Of Losing Customers!

Original review: June 6, 2022

GEICO report's roadside assistance calls as insurance claims to LexisNexis that will show up on your CLUE report for the next seven years and will raise your premiums. I used the service once for a flat tire and I am now being penalized for the next seven years because my car jack was broken. I couldn't find a statement anywhere in my policy let alone the description for the roadside assistance service when you opt to add it to your insurance. This should be BOLDLY stated so everyone is well aware that using roadside assistance even one time can and will adversely affect the price of your insurance for at least the next 7 years! So consumer BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 3, 2022

Was a member for years then I tried another for a couple months. I switched back and asked for my old policy. They said yes and I paid 6 months in advance. I told them I still didn't want uninsured motorist and they agreed. Nothing more was said that I needed to do. Month later I get a bill for 61 dollars for uninsured motorist. I called and they said I had to sign something saying I didn't want it or else they would charge me. At this point I'm mad and thinking, "How can they get away with this?" This is fraud and against the law.

I called and the girl said it was a mistake and would take the charges off. She then sent me this form I was never told about to sign. So I did. I then got another statement. I called and spoke to a manager and she said she couldn't help me. They have no recording of our conversation or proof they told me this or an email. But they think it's legal to charge me for something I didn't sign up for.

Original review: May 27, 2022

This company will lead you to believe you have certain coverages and discounts only for you to later find that, they left certain needed coverages off. If you don’t catch it and go to dispute it, they will state that you never asked for it and, they do not keep recordings past 30 days. In the event that something happens to you causing you to need those coverages, they will not take accountability. Instead, they will deny, leave you to blame and state that they can’t locate the recordings. This happened to me and a another family member. I’m sure that there has been others that has fell victim to these deceitful practices. In retrospect, you’re not getting as much of a discount as they make it seems because they are leaving coverages off. If you do decide to go with this company, please review your declaration pages. They will also take you through marathons if you go to complain. They’ll lead you to believe that a case is being opened for resolution.

Once you follow up on your case, you will find that nothing is being or will be done. A Supervisor told me outright that they would not waste anymore of my time because; the Supervisors will back the Agents and that, there’s no need of me speaking with a Manager because they will back the Supervisors. This is a warning to steer clear of this company. By the time you realize that you’re being ripped off, it’s too late and Customer Service is not their priority.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Rashawnda was absolutely the best. She was so patient with me as I was her and she explained everything so well to my understanding. She was able to give me answers to exactly what I needed, very helpful.

Original review: May 21, 2022

We had three vehicles on their policy and when we added our child to the policy the rates shot up 4x. When asked why our child was on all 3 cars and that only 1 car should be covered for our child they said that they don't break up policies by vehicle and recommended that I split the policies to reflect only one car for our child. I agreed and when they did it they removed collision coverage which I never asked for and they never proved that I had requested it. Sure enough, there was an accident but since there was no collision coverage Geico said they would do nothing. I asked why they said that I had removed collision coverage by not looking at the fine print when they sent me the other policy. I never received the policy by email and the letter they sent got shuffled with the rest of junk mail.

Beware of changes made to your policy w/o you doing anything. Even though I asked for evidence that I removed collision coverage they could not do it because it never happened. I said to go back to the recording of the call and isn't that odd that they couldn't seem to find it??? So I'm left with a totaled car with zero help. I had to call 9 times over the course of 5 weeks. I spent so many hours on hold and speaking to so many reps saying the same thing with zero help or even empathy. No one even asked me if my child was hurt. Talk about salt in the wound. Have some level of human decency Geico. I asked what I was paying $1600 for and they couldn't even give me an answer! Worst company with zero ethics.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Geico was a big flop during a recent incident where my vehicle was damaged. Their customer service was flat, interrogative (even for being a victim) and shady. Geico’s ‘supervisory’ level provided amazing political spin and false information. Several weeks after the incident my vehicle is still not fixed, my rates went up 50% (even for being a victim) and every statement Geico made was a lie including “we got your back”, and “you pay us to protect you”. If you want good conversation even if it’s **, contact Ethan at Geico **. The less your insurance company knows, the safer YOU are...

Original review: May 12, 2022

I have never had an accident and never used my Geico car insurance for the past 25 years until I needed it recently and not only they don't reimburse you fully they barely cover anything and I had full coverage and paid for one full coverage too. In return so many limitations come out as a result that it's unbelievable. I will no longer stay with Geico and make sure my friends and family are aware of how horrible they are too. Very disappointed in their coverage and services. Don't get tricked by their big name, it's all false advertisement. Read the Yelp reviews and you realize what you're up against, I wish I did that when I signed up with them!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Geico took two payments for my motorcycle policies. The second payment was not due at the time. After they took the second payment, they canceled the insurance policy retroactive to a week prior to the first payment being taken. They have yet to return the money took. I discovered by accident that I had no coverage on my motorcycles for 11 days. I was forced to buy a policy immediately to maintain coverage and vehicle registration and they charged me an extra hundred bucks for the policy. I presume this is because I am now a NEW customer. They have not returned the money they took from my account. They said they would review and get my money back to me. That has not happened. GEICO does not seem to care. I am getter quotes from other Ins carriers now. I will no longer be loyal to GEICO.

Original review: April 23, 2022

First of all, you get connected to a computer, which puts you in an endless loop, when you rarely get to talk to someone. They are only open during the week as well. They cancelled my policy for no reason. I called the sponsored insurance company and Geico. Neither could give a reason. They also notified my mortgage falsely stating that my mortgage had already been cancelled when in fact that was not true. When I confronted Geico's agent, she stated that the "back office would figure it out."

GEICO Company Information