Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
3.86/5
Based on 3,235 ratings submitted in the last year

GEICO

GEICO sells auto, home, renters and motorcycle insurance, and you may get a discount from combining policies with them. GEICO is not an InsuraMatch partner. You can get quotes from multiple insurers and find the right one for you by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

GEICO Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Let me start by saying I went out of my way to find out how/where to write a review on this company. I hate being rude or bad mouthing a company, but this is necessary! They will make promises and tell you false information just to get you off the phone. I was ensured that my refund for my change in coverage would be in my bank in a few days (3-4) by the first agent. Then when it didn’t appear, I was told it would be in there by that Friday... didn’t happen. Then was told 7-10 business days. Didn’t happen. Now just got told 7-10 more business days. The agents were extremely condescending. One tried her absolute best to confuse me on my payment and how it was allocated. Ridiculous! I am so glad that I didn’t actually need them for repairs or to use my coverage. I no longer trust this company the slightest and am confident that switching companies was the best route.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I never suggest one to take GEICO. These people are cheaters. I had an accident in the parking lot. It is so very clear that other party hit the car while heading back and I had a dent towards the right side of the drivers door, I started a claim GEICO mentioned that there is no enough evidence, in fact of providing police statement, pictures and whatever they asked for. They simply denied the case. STUPID GEICO, DAMN cheaters.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

One of their clients drove into my vehicle while I was at work. I was not in town when this occurred and the vehicle was not operating when their client drove into it. Their client made no effort to leave their contact information nor insurance information, the only reason I knew they hit it was my landlord happened to be walking across the street when this happened and took the individual's information before they could flee. I could see that the damages was to my left rear bumper, left rear pickup bed/body, destroyed leaf spring suspension and damaged tail lights from the crash. I filed a police report and called their insurance company to begin the claims process. This occurred on October 2.

It has been almost 4 weeks since the incident occurred. It took them 3.5 weeks to send a adjuster to view my vehicle. I have not received a rental vehicle in this time yet. Additionally the auto damage evaluator assigned to me has not once attempted to contact me through phone or email save for the initial email informing me that he was assigned to me. I did inform him that I typically work from 6 AM to 5/6 PM Monday to Friday and he assured me that he would be able to work with me despite these hours. I have not been able to get back in contact with him through his direct line or his email.

Any progress I've made has been with random claims adjusters who are unfortunate to deal with my grumpy self during this process. However, they have a limit to how much they can help me. The rest is up to my assigned auto damage evaluator who again has not attempted to contact me throughout this process. October 28, 2019 I still am waiting for a rental and to even hear my evaluator's voice. Overall my experience with Geico during this time has not been pleasant to say the least.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Customer service is very bad. They didn’t want to give me an email for the person handling my claim. This guy never answers my calls and calls me at 4 o’clock when he clearly leaves the office at 4:30. Obviously doesn’t want any paper trail that’s why they refuse to give any emails. Thinking they are slick. If I were you I wouldn’t shop for insurance with them. They are the worst.!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I am not a policyholder of GEICO nor would l do business or insure my cars with this company based on my personal experience when l filed a claim. My car was parked overnight and a Jeep Wrangler was on top of my bumper the following morning. I took pictures, summoned the police who contacted the owner of the Jeep. It was learned by the owner of the Jeep that he had a dash-cam in his Jeep. It reveals that he parked in the spot behind me and you can see my car parked in front of his and the motioning of the his Jeep moving forward and back and then the video cam shuts off.

I was contacted by Ms. ** from Geico Claims Department that my claim was denied based on the dash-cam footage in that it doesn’t show his Jeep Wrangler damaging the bumper to my Mercedes car although the pictures at the scene document the damage caused by the jeep resting on top of bumper. She even went as low as to imply that someone may have moved my car or that someone else had access to my vehicle overnight. I find this woman to be very unethical and not very understanding to the facts. Her only concern is to hold out paying damages to unsuspecting victims who park on city streets. I feel victimized twice, not only finding my car damaged by the Jeep parked behind me but also by a ruthless claims department sitting in an office who would stop at nothing to hold out and not pay for damages caused by their insured drivers.

I find this company and its representative greedy to cheat people out of paying for damages. This is my personal experience and hope this doesn’t happen to you if you're considering this company or file a claim to collect damages. l wish you better luck. I had to absorb all the cost and foot the bill when l did nothing wrong but park on a public street. l would never recommend this company after this experience nor would l hold highly the investigation that they claim to do without even sending out an adjuster to survey the damages. Good luck to whoever reads this and hope this doesn’t happen to you! Feeling victimized a second time! When your valid claim is denied. All best to you readers and hope helps you with a little insight on how this company works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have always been skeptical about Insurance companies in general and more so if they have too many sales related commercials. Usually brands that focus too much on sales spend less time and money towards existing customers. However, GEICO has proved me wrong. I have been with GEICO 3 years now and very happy with the way they have reduced my premium costs automatically and also has given excellent customer service when I met with accident or needed roadside assistance. Usually when I am looking for a product I am looking for one that provides best service at low cost and that is exactly what GEICO provides. Keep up the great work guys!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

**** ATTN EVERYONE **** If you are looking to go with GEICO for insurance go somewhere else. You're not saving money and their customer service is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. My wife and I have been loyal GEICO insurers for 7 years. NOT ONE ACCIDENT OR NOT 1 TICKET. Monthly payment on time and every time.

My wife gets rear ended on the freeway (NOT HER FAULT), and we have no idea what to do. Never been through an accident before. Dont know what to do with medical bills, paperwork etc. Every time I call GEICO, oh you need to contact the other insurance company, you need to get that to them, you need to call them. Honestly, I am just FRUSTRATED! I get no help except, "Oh you need to call them." Well then WTF am I paying you guys for? 7 YEARS of payment.. not even a second to help me out here. I work 10 hour days 5 days a week. I dont have time to DO YOUR JOB TOO!

So I'm pissed off, I go shopping for other insurance companies. Well come to find out Allstate insurance for the same exact coverage is only $20 more per month than GEICO!!! My brother has been with Allstate for over 20 years. When he gets in accidents Allstate handles EVERYTHING FOR HIM, REGARDLESS if his fault or not. So Geico, once everything is done and settled with my wife's accident, I'm DONE AND GONE! I can't believe i have you 7 years of my money! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! YOU GUYS ARE NO HELP. CAN'T EVEN HELP ME OUT WHEN I NEED YOU GUYS THE MOST. Goodbye and good riddance. I'll make sure the entire world hears my review!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I work a union job and after being there for six years the company decides to cut employees with ten years or less for a month. I scrambled to come up with a plan so I made a payment arrangement for as far as they would let me.... Long story short while dropping off our child to school my pregnant wife hit a deer. Instead of waiting for the arrangements I just paid the bill and filed the claim. The next morning my pregnant wife gets a call from an adjuster saying that she would not proceed with my claim unless I printed a bank statement and sent her a copy proving the exact time I paid the bill and she would call me back to let me know if she could proceed or not with the claim later that afternoon.

After calming down my wife I called the customer service line and they informed me that coverage was fine, no issues, the payment posted, we're good to go. WTFFF Geico. On top of being in an accident this is how you guys treat people.... When I called the agent back immediately she was not apologetic. She told me it's policy and I went outside protocol calling customer service. Messed up if you asked me.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I live in New Jersey and travelled to Canada to visit family for Thanksgiving. My luxury vehicle was stolen. When I called Geico they gave me the run around. The theft specialist, Sara ** was suppose to call me back. I waited that day, 7 1/2 months pregnant with a toddler without a Geico rep giving me any suggestion. We ended up taking a flight back as it was the cheaper option.

They don’t plan to pay for the flight, and can only pay for $200 of personal belongings, as I packed my vehicle with all our belongings to leave the day it got stolen. Back in NJ my husband tracked our car and the police was able to retrieve it. He took a flight to Canada to get it, of course they won’t pay for that neither. Their policy is $50 and day, after 48 hours. Wow, worst insurance ever, when you think you're insured and protected...you're really not.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was out of state to return to my car that had been hit in the rear corner panel. The car was parked in a lot. I have full coverage and filed a claim, got a check. Several months later they raised my rates so I got online and found a quote that was the same as the original Geico price through Progressive. I was about to purchase the insurance online when a message popped up from Progressive saying I was involved in an At-Fault accident. My quote had also changed and was doubled. After calling Progressive as this was news to me, I was informed a company called LexisNexis had my claim from Geico as an AT Fault claim with a payout.

I called Geico who said it was reported to LexisNexis as NOT an AT Fault claim. LexisNexis if you check online has huge issues with False information that can take months to clear only through the mail. Geico did not use the Comprehensive part of my insurance rather the Collision. LexisNexis considers anything not Comprehensive that is paid out as an At-Fault accident. Geico refuses to do anything but write me a letter saying this was a no-fault accident leaving me to deal with their company which after talking to a local agent takes months if at all to clear up. Progressive will not give me insurance at a lower rate until it is changed with LexisNexis as they also use them.

This outfit is like a credit reporting agency only for vehicle accidents and claims. I will be seeking legal counsel tomorrow as I am now stuck with Geico at the higher rate until I deal with this LexisNexis outfit. I have an At-Fault accident online which is false and derogatory. I have never been in an accident or have any driving infractions as well as being almost 60. I have only ever filed this one claim in all those years. I suggest you check your current auto insurance carrier to see if they report to LexisNexis. Check them out online as 1000s are having to deal with this issue as well as other wrong information. Geico's customer service seems to think I should deal with this company myself and will do nothing.

GEICO Company Information