3.9/5 (143 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

About Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States.

Pros

• Full-service and proprietary offices where people regularly go
  • Claims program that allows you to get paid on the day of filing if all requirements are in order
  • Affordable rates for non-standard insurance
  • Agents required to settle physical damage claims within 24 hours
  • Coverage for drivers of high-powered sports cars, custom built cars and other specialized cars

Cons

• Claims processing times can vary
  • Available only in 11 states

Bottom Line

Fred Loya is a Texas-based car insurance company that serves 11 western and southwestern states. It offers both standard and non-standard insurance regardless of driving record or credit standing. Customers appreciate their affordable rates.

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

Fred Loya Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

A client insured by Fred Loya rear ended my son while he was sitting at a stop light and totaled our car. This happened about five months ago now and I still haven't been compensated for the loss of my car. Never mind they completely undervalued the car, I sent them the title and required documentation in a FedEx envelop they supplied approximately 8 weeks ago and they tell me they don't have it. They NEVER answer their phone and they rarely return my messages. When I do finally get to speak to someone, I hear conflicting information: "We're still reviewing the claim," or "we made a mistake on the amounts for the damage so we're waiting for that to be resolved." If I tell them I'm going to file a complaint, they accuse me of being disrespectful and threaten to disconnect the call. AVOID GIVING THIS COMPANY ANY BUSINESS and God help you if you're involved in an accident and this is the insurance company you're forced to deal with!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I recently got into my first accident and they are very bad at describing what to do and how you are supposed to handle everything. They did not explain that I had to take my vehicle out of the towing yard and now I am being charged over $700 to take it out, they are also making me pay them $1,000 to inspect my vehicle to see how if they can fix it. Every single time I have tried to talk to them they always asked me the same questions over and over again, as if they were doing that just fill in time and I could hear them typing something but who knows if they actually put any information down. They are horrible about getting back to you and are very bad at explaining things, this company is not worth anyone's time and money.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Back in March 2021, I was involved in an accident. Insurance avoided my calls. Despite several messages I left for the Adjuster, none of my calls were returned. I continued to try. When I finally got a hold of someone, they told me to contact USAA. USAA was very cooperative and told me that they told Fred Loya that they will accept 50% liability. A year and a half later after pulling hairs, Machelle ** who is the Adjuster for Fred Loya told me to take my vehicle to a shop. In doing so, my new estimate totaled approximately $5800.00. Fred Loya now tells me they are going to deem my vehicle a total loss. If they would have fixed my vehicle a year and a half ago, it would have been worth more and I would have had my vehicle.

Since then, I had to rent a vehicle on weekends to tend to my business. They refused to give me a rental. I have incurred thousands of dollars in rental car fees. It should not have taken this long to acknowledge a claim. I was placed in therapy. On my second visit, the doctor tells me that Fred Loya canceled my therapy. So now I am still left with neck and back pain and now without a vehicle. I still owe my vehicle so now Fred Loya just placed me in debt. If they can not rectify this situation, I plan on hiring a lawyer to file suit against the Insurance Company. I have all my call logs to show my many fruitless attempts to contact that company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Fred Loya is the worst insurance firm in the industry. They have no intention of doing legitimate business. I have no idea why this company is allowed to lie, deflect and ignore their way around the industry. Fred Loya representatives totally neglected my claim. Nothing they said was true. I ended up renting a vehicle while my car was repaired. I finally just gave up on being reimbursed. Please do not use this company. Beware of them at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Do Not Use Fred Loya. If you are injured and they are the Insurers save yourself a headache and get a lawyer and go for the max. Terrible business. Adjusters lie and lie and lie, will make up anything to not settle your claim or drag it out 'til the statute of limitations is up.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Fred Loya Insurance is by far the worst insurance company that I have ever had to deal with. Customer service is and has been terrible from day 1. Accident occurred on June 9th, 2022 (I was rear ended by their insured). After several calls/voicemails left during the duration of about a week I was finally able to get a hold of my claims representative. From the initial pictures, to the original estimate of damages to my vehicle the whole process has been a joke ($4300 according to Fred Loya, Caliber Collision estimated $13,000+).

The vehicle was deemed a total loss on 6/22/22, and here it is 8/10/22 I still have no resolution. The communication is terrible, documents/checks are always "pending", adjusters gives you the run around, everything has to get approved by management which seems to take forever. Not to mention the rental division is a joke. Literally given a $347 check for a rental which doesn't even cover a week in the equivalent of my vehicle. I've literally been without a vehicle since the accident, and they could care less. Currently trying to get them to send documentation/check to my lien holders and I am still waiting. Mind you I haven't had a vehicle since June 9th. Extremely disappointed with pretty much every aspect of Fred Loya.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The hotel was disgusting so I could not stay. I asked for a refund but I have not been able to get a refund. It's like, call this person, they are like, call the hotel, straight runaround. I ended up having to pay out of pocket to get another room at a higher rate and last minute. I would not use this service, there are other services similar to this company. Try your luck somewhere else. This is my honest opinion.

Original review: April 11, 2022

On March 4th I was rear-ended by a vehicle insured by Fred loya. The at fault driver did not have a license and got the ticket and provided fred loya insurance card! However 38 days later of the investigation fred loya won't cover my car damages because their insured car was sold and they couldn't get in contact with the at fault driver!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

A Fred Loya customer ran through my fence and destroyed not only the fence but a gate opener and the landscaping. I had to constantly call and finally received a check for half of what the damage came to. In hindsight, I should have let my great insurance company go after them. I think I would have received more and then Loya would have to pay my deductible as well. Would serve them right to have to pay extra. Horrible company.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I created an account just to write this and it seems like many others have suffered through similar fates. The scummiest business I have ever had the displeasure of trying to do business with. I was hit by one of their drivers in a minor fender bender that did $500 worth of damage. I got the driver's info and policy number, contacted this location and they took pictures to send to the adjustor 500+ miles away. I sent along my own pictures and video evidence of the crash to the adjustor and never heard anything. Two months went by and after multiple phone calls, the adjustor finally called me back and said they never received my emails and their driver said their car was never in an accident, despite there being VIDEO PROOF that they hit me, me having all their information, etc.

To make sure they were getting my video, I contacted their general email where they were responded to messages up until I sent them the video, then radio silence. I called this office and sent them the video, where they confirmed on the phone they received the email, and were told to pass it along to the adjustor. Still nothing. Judging by others' reviews, if you do not drive with them, they will do everything in their power to avoid you and not pay for damages. If you do have insurance through them, they will hook you in with their low premiums but absolutely screw you over with their sky-high deductibles and payout much lower than the damage actually is. I cannot understand how they are allowed to practice in such bad faith. Nothing would make me happier than seeing them shut down for malpractice.

Fred Loya Company Information