Fred Loya

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

One of their policy holder hit my car and he even admitted that it is his fault but still these people are lying to me saying the hitter did not see me in his backup camera. I had call my adjuster ELITA ** and left 6 voicemails on different occasions and she never picked my call. Finally I had to call other customer representative to reach her. Then they are offering 250 dollar for my damage where my damage cost 1000 dollar. And they talk to me like if I'm bothering them by calling at their house. IF ANYONE WANT TO CLAIM THEIR LOSSES PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'M GOING TO SUE THEM BIG TIME. If anyone want to claim their losses email me your info at **. My lawyer will work with each one of us.

I've read some of these reviews and have come to the conclusion that most people leaving reviews are a bunch of whiny, stuck up **. I had an accident a couple of months ago and the other driver was at fault and was a Loya customer. I am NOT a Loya customer. Because I only carried liability on my car, my insurance company was less than helpful. I called Loya and filed a claim against their customer and was immediately taken care of. An adjuster was assigned to the case, my car was inspected at the tow yard and an offer was made on the car, that was listed as totaled. Because it was a 17-year-old Isuzu Rodeo with over 260,000 miles on it, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of money. I figured that anything over $1000 was going to be gravy.

Their offer was for considerably more than that, so I was pleased. Not pleased that I lost my Rodeo, but that I was able to get more than I expected. I was able to use that money towards a nice Toyota RAV4. Through the whole process I was treated with respect, I was kept in the loop and once the paperwork was filled out and sent back, I had a check within a couple of days. I am nothing, but pleased with my experience with Loya, even though I am not one of their customers and that's why they get five stars from me.

Fred Loya Insurance is a horrible car insurance company. They sold me a policy and presented me with all these great benefits but left out all the fine print. Every time I ran into a problem involving my vehicle they always seemed to come out with an excuse on why they couldn't help me without me having to pay more money. Right before I had about enough of them and decided to cancel my policy they asked me for my month payment and said they couldn't go forward with any actions until I paid for another month. After canceling I immediately demanded a refund for the money I had just paid since I wouldn't be using their services anymore. The manager said there was nothing he could do and that he could not refund me. I was enraged. I can't believe how horrible they treat their customers. Fred Loya is a thief.

Worst company ever!!! They called me saying my account was closed and my payment could not be processed. I paid with the same account immediately on the phone with my agent, only to get notice later that day that they had drafted my account again for the payment. Have been getting nothing but a runaround now for 3 weeks. I changed to a real insurance company. My agent in Mesa, Arizona at the Rodney Young agency has failed to return my calls all week after basically calling me a liar. However, the bank statement does not lie. Never never never do business with this crappy place.

A Fred Loya customer hit two of our parked cars. One was my daily driver (totaled it), the second belonged to my brother in law. After following standard procedure, filing a police report, having their appraiser come out to take pictures, and giving them 3 or 4 statements, it seems like I am already getting the runaround. They wanted to tow away my car "while they investigated" but I refused to let them take it fearing they would use it as leverage to lowball me. I had a bad experience with them back in 2002 when my neighbor backed into my 98 Camry, ruining my read bumper and driver side rear quarter panel. After bullying me, they offered me $600 dollars and nothing more. They told me to take it or leave it, that was all I was going to get. The repair actually cost me much more, so I already know about their predatory practices.

In this case now, they are also asking me personal questions about their client, and myself, such as age, something I thought was a bit out of the norm. I challenged them by asking why they don't already have all that info on file considering that is their client. I am already worried that my loss is going to be great. Reading all these reviews, I am preparing for a long battle with these idiots. Apparently they fail to write down any of the info given, and after asking the same questions 3 or 4 times it almost seems like they are waiting for you to trip up. What the hell is wrong with them? I will update my post when we get more info. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

There was an accident and Fred Loya is my insurance so now they don't want to pay and told us we was not paid up when we have auto pay we can see what comes out our accounts. So they decided to drop us as a client. These people are fraud and take people's money.

So got my bill taken out of account... 40.00 more... no notice... Go complain. Oh well. They pretty much laugh. Said I will cancel. Then get my notice after about the increase and it's 50 to cancel. Worst company ever!!

Save yourself and do not use this insurance company. They drafted payment from my account three times instead of just one and now my account is overdraft. According to them they only had proof "in the system" of one payment drafted so I had to go out of my way to an office and show them my bank statement for proof. It seemed like they were going to handle the situation and they told me they would have my money refunded by Tuesday December 13th 2016. This is already a stretch for me considering I cannot access my money because my account is overdrawn. (By the way my bank also charged me an overdraft fee). Now it is Tuesday and they still haven't refunded my money. I called customer service to see what the situation is and the lady says it's going to take 3-5 business days to refund my money.

I was lied to twice and told that I was going to get my refund right away and now they are telling me to wait 3-5 business days with no money. And then when I ask if they could take me off the auto pay she says I need to go to an office AGAIN and have them take me off. AND she said they are gonna charge me more for not doing auto-pay. "So you're telling me you messed up my account and now you are gonna charge me more?" I am so upset and I will be leaving Fred Loya as soon as they refund me my money. DO NOT USE FRED LOYA FOR YOUR AUTO INSURANCE. They will steal your money then act like it's an inconvenience for them to give you a refund.

So the other day a Fred Loya customer hits my truck in the front end trashing it. He got the ticket and pled guilty to it. Now Fred Loya says they have to investigate if it was their driver was at fault or not so Ian out of a truck. This happened 3 weeks ago no rental car so I am out of work. This company should not be able to operate or sell insurance to any person since they cannot cover their policy's. I really think someone like the board of insurance should take a closer look into some of these little company like Fred Loya because they are scam artists; would not recommend them to any person and if you're already a customer shame on you.

I went to a locate office during my lunch hour so I could add my new car onto the policy and remove my old vehicle but was not allowed to since the policy is under my husband's and my name. Which I had already called the 1-800 number 3 times before going to a local office so I would know what was needed and to avoid any problems or delays since I was going during my 1 hour lunch time. Well what I got was terrible, rude service and was informed that I could not add another vehicle to the policy without adding another driver when we don't need an additional driver on our policy. The employee was very rude and unhelpful and I was not allowed to remove my old vehicle from the policy either. I was also told in a very rude manner that I was not allowed to take my old car off the policy without my husband being present.

When I had called the 800 number I was informed that I could go in and add the new vehicle to the policy and remove the other vehicle and pay my the prorated amount but I was assured that it would be that simple and that my husband could go at a later time to sign the documents since he is always working. I have always heard horror stories about Fred Loya and never really believed them until now. They are providing a service to the customer and they should be able to assist and help the client as much as possible. The representatives need training on how to be courteous and be able to provide the service that is needed to the clients. It seems like the representatives for the 800 number are better trained than the ones at the local offices. DO NOT GO TO THE EDINBURG, TEXAS location located on West University Drive. The service SUCKS!! I am seriously considering canceling our policy with Fred Loya.

Today I contacted them because I have traded in my vehicle. I had a 2014 Nissan Versa and currently have a 2015 Elantra. I traded in the Nissan for a 2017 Dodge journey. So I went into the Fontana Cardenas branch here in California. I asked to have the Nissan removed and add the new vehicle. First of all they just withdrew 261 from my account Saturday. So the girl there makes me sign a paper stating my agreement to remove the Nissan, yet they mentioned that I would be 20 for adding a vehicle plus the difference. OK so the contract states the charge, so I didn't argue that then she tells me that I have to pay 97 aside from the 261. She said my total each month was estimated to 311.

So I asked if we minus the 52 that has increased in my policy plus the 20 for the change what is the 25 remaining charge for? She didn't know and advised me to call corporate. So then I call the Corona branch where I first started my policy (Magnolia). Here I was provided an exact quote which was 305 but in order to start I had to pay 160 today. Once again I asked what are the charges for? 20 change in policy fee and 44 for the difference. Total of 64 yet once again I couldn't get an answer to extra 96 dollars being charged so I was informed to contact corporate.

When I called 2 representatives couldn't give me an answer so then I spoke to the manager and he said it was a deposit fee. I've been informed that Fred Loya doesn't charge deposit fees especially if I'm just changing vehicles. He said that the initial payment doesn't require one but after that for any add one they charge deposit. Then he said that every month they charge 12 dollar fee for installment. He David ** stated "it was for all the letters mailed to you like bills and policy card," by the way it's not a card it's a piece of paper. Now once again David the c/s manager could not explain charges. He said he would call tomorrow for an answer. So if I canceled today I would expect to be refunded the difference. Out of 261 they should deduct two days of service plus 50 for cancellation fee. Plus a reimbursement for 15 days a total of 130.50 paid the first month.

When I started the policy they charged a month ahead and 15 days later they charged the full amount again (the second payment) they said it was because my first payment, half of it covers 15 days and the other half covers 15 more days after missing a pay if in case I don't pay the last month. The answer I got from David was that he did not know. They are really stealing from people they should be investigated.

I was rear ended in an accident and multiple cars were involved. I called to make a claim and I was told to call back the next day. I called back to make a claim, talked to one rude lady only to be transferred to another rude lady whom tried to twist my words as to if the accident was my fault. I asked if they were going to send someone out for pictures she stated "we don't do that." I called on a Thursday and was promised a call back. No one called. I called back Friday. I was told that my adjuster was changed. Now it's the weekend. I am car less, and keep staring at this part to another vehicle lodged into the front of my car. I wish I would've known about their poor service and concern before now. And yet they want to recruit workers. Never will I work for a company like this!!! Awful but I must admit the locals here in Birmingham are nice. Get a real insurance company. Might be more money but it's worth it!!!

I have family who are current employees with this company, even they advise to not purchase insurance with this company. They are aware of the many frauds this company do to working people. When I was with them I did submitted two claims with this fraudulent insurance company. Both claims we towards my uninsured motorist coverage, which I was supposed to be insured. First claim they came up stating I didn't report to the police so they couldn't do anything. The second claim they stated I had comprehensive and collision so they couldn't help me because it was less than my deductible. Which is unlawful because there is no deductible for uninsured in the state of Colorado. Besides this the treatment they give paying customers is just trash. There is no such thing as customer service whatsoever. I don't recommend this insurance to anyone. It's the worst I've had.

My husband goes through Fred Loya insurance company and they raised my husband's insurance because he's 1 day late. Every time we went from $33.00 to $67.00. How is that possible? I wished they would do payment same time each month but they don't. They are unreliable and unworthy of their position. It's BS what they put people through. They are a rip off company. We're finding someone new.

On October 29th, 2016 at 10:00 a.m., three employees were there. One could help. She was taking a while. I don't know why the others couldn't help. I just needed to make a payment. It was in El Paso, Texas. I was waiting about ten minutes. 9417 Alameda Ave. 79907.

I hate this company! If Marla or Rochelle ever helps you... hang up the phone and run! Worst ** service and accommodations in the world!!! THEIR CLIENTS WILL REAR END YOU AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE A **! I have never been so upset or angry in my entire life. Their client rear ended me and damaged my entire car and they refuse to help because they have "STATE LIMITS". They are rude and disrespectful and have the most unprofessional people working for them. This company should be permanently closed - SERIOUSLY!

Nobody in the San Antonio office knows anything about their job. They were not trained properly to do their jobs especially DILLION. They did not explain to me the process of getting my check here, I am 7 damn days with a rental car that I have to end up paying $400 dollars out of my pocket. I ask for the corporate number and NOBODY knows how to get in contact with corporate... BUNCH OF BS CSR REPS and a BS OWNER.

I received a call today, no message left - I returned their call, it was Fred Loya. I've had insurance through them for 6 months. My rate was set to drop by $20-$30 by the end of the month. My driving record has always been spotless. Instead of dropping my rate, like our signed papers agreed on, they raised it by $15. They said they sent me a letter confirming that CO state has increased ALL insurance companies. I called around, that was complete **. No one knows what they are talking about.

During the conversation, I was "accidentally" hung up on, lied to, the women were rude and just uneducated. They didn't know the percentage that CO supposedly raised any rates to. She didn't understand that my rate was to drop so told me the rate decrease wouldn't go in effect. I said I'd have to switch insurance and she scoffed and told me they don't do credit checks and every insurance was increasing... I'm new here. That's the only reason I even used them. It nearly felt like a threat. I am going to State Farm tomorrow to switch. The ladies there were actually pretty crappy to anyone other than the Hispanic crowd. It's a damn shame.

My husband and I have had a policy with Fred Loya now for over 3 years. We have been covered since we were 16 without a gap. There have been 0 tickets and 0 accidents in the last 8 years and yet they informed me today that my rate will now more than double. They have horrible customer service and provide no reason for my rate doubling other than Texas rules. I call BS. I will be canceling my policy on both vehicles and finding a company who actually respects their clients. All of the employees I have ever dealt with have been rude and seemed to be inconvenienced by doing their job. Complete disappointment!! NEVER GET A POLICY WITH FRED LOYA, WORST INSURANCE COMPANY EVER!!!

7/25/16 a multi car crash resulted in an F150 pick-up crashing into the side of my work shop, I file a claim and Fred Loya accepted liability. They assured me that it would be handled promptly. It took me and some friends 16 total hours to support and secure my structure. It was four days before a contract adjuster showed up. 5 business days later I was informed that they did not have my information yet. On the 17th business day Fred Loya contacted me and demanded that I file a claim on my own insurance due to policy limits, I am unaware of any law that requires an innocent victim to file an insurance claim on their own insurance.

Fred Loya is insisting that they cannot resolve my claim with me directly which makes no sense when I have repeatedly suggested that I would be open to resolving this claim for my fair and equitable share of the policy limits yet they refuse to explore that option. The simple fact here is that Fred Loya owes me my fair share of the policy limits and they 100% responsible for resolving this claim. It is easy to see why Fred Loya has earned its place at the top of the worst Insurance list.

On Tue Aug 2, 2016 Fred Loya Insurance violated my civil rights. When I came in on the 2nd to pay my insurance payment I was treated real bad. The procedure at this company is to go to the video desk to speak to a repersentive on video to pay your payment as I always do. This time the rep told me to wait for the agent in the office to finish me. As I was waiting a Hispanic couple walk in & the agent did not say another word to me leaving me at the viedo desk real cold, while treating the couple that just walked in real nice.

After waiting for about 25 minutes I spoke up & told the agent I was here first. She stated "just a little bit longer." Thats when I realize my civil rights were being violated. After she finished with the couple she told me she can't rewrite the same policy & that I need a bank card to rewrite a new policy. I stated that I have a bank card but it's for savings not checking. She no longer wanted to help me even though my record was clean, no accidents doing business with them for nearly 2 years. What's up with that?

June 20, 2016 had an accident and my engine was ruined! Need to get a new engine put in now and 45 days later, still waiting for my truck to be fixed. On June 21st I reported the incident when I got to work. The young lady asked a few standard questions, took the report, never asked if I needed a rental and then sent me on to repeat what happened to the next young lady who asked me basically the same standard questions. After a few days I attempted to get an update on my claim from the adjuster that was assigned to my claim and no answer. Attempted a few more times, same thing. I even told them I was leaving out of town for a business trip and wanted to know something before I left and still, nothing.

Called on my way back from my business trip a few days later and found out the 1st young lady that my claim was assigned to, no longer works for the company and they will get an update for me and call me back. Nothing. Called and left a message with a supervisor (they leave their supervisors info on their voicemail) and received a call later that evening from her while I was out to dinner on a Friday night with family and missed the call, no detailed message, just her name and number so I could call her back.

Phone tag!! Several more attempts of trying to get an update on my claim (these people do not believe in picking up the phone when it rings, they send it straight to voicemail), I leave a nasty voicemail letting them know how frustrated I was and saying that I'm getting a lawyer involved, I get a call back at 6:15 p.m. that night while I'm putting my 12 month old baby to sleep and I get the same lame excuse as everyone else is getting, they're waiting on a 3rd party adjuster.

After almost 3 weeks without a vehicle and having my husband miss time from work because we're car pooling, I tell her I need a rental so I can take my 2 kids to the doctor for their shots and she sets me up with that. Fine, I'm kinda happy now I will have a vehicle soon. She also gives me the 3rd party adjusters info for me to call and get an update from them. Who works for who? I don't work for Fred Loya, that's what I pay them to do, right??? NOPE, I have to call. Get lame excuses from that company also on why it's taking so long. FINALLY they come up with an amount they feel is enough to fix my truck. Guess what? It's not enough! Surprise, surprise!! Now have to get my repair guy to call and get a supplemental on the claim.

Almost 2 months later, still waiting! My rental agreement is up next week and my 1st born kid starts school for the 1st time the week after that. What am I to do with no vehicle? Not their problem I guess! So my husband and I have to figure out a way to get our kid to school, get the now 14 month old to the babysitter, both get to work and then get the kids from the sitter/school separately because we don't work together nor do we work near each other. My husband can't keep missing time from work because time is money! Hmm, I guess you get what you pay for with Fred Loya!! It was the cheapest when we were shopping for new insurance and we took the bait! WARNING, STAY CLEAR OF FRED LOYA INSURANCE!!

On May 28 I was hit by a drunk driver, he has Fred Loya Insurance. He was arrested at the scene. I was given delay tactic after delay tactic before an adjuster was finally assigned to my claim. My entire front bumper and right fender were torn off. I received an estimate from Fred Loya in the amount of $800. I obtained my own estimates from 3 random collision places in town. The estimates were roughly $1,900, $2,600 and $2,700. After weeks of more delay tactics, they agreed to a supplemental payment of roughly $900.

However, after they mailed the checks, and before I received them, they VOIDED the checks and called me to notify me, claiming that they had forgotten to include the apartment number on the checks, and would thus have to void them. I instructed them not to since my name was clearly on the check, and I knew my postman would deliver them (which he did). They said, no, they would have to void the checks, and I would receive new ones by Monday of the following week (2 days ago).

On Wednesday (today), I still had not received any checks, so I called their corporate office. They kept me on hold for roughly an hour, then put a supervisor on the phone. She then told me that they had to void the checks because their adjuster made a mistake, and they could not pay that amount. They are submitting the claim to a review department where it will be assigned a new adjuster. When I asked her why I was flat out lied to when I was told they voided the checks due to the apartment number not being on the address, she said that it was because of that, and ALSO because they are not going to pay. I have desperate need of those funds and have made promises based on Fred Loya's agreement to pay and telling me the checks were approved, signed and mailed. This company is the worst and this has completely ruined my summer.

One of their stupid, ugly, and overweight customers hit me and profusely stated that it was all her fault and blah blah blah. I said, "** IDC. Give me your information" (the only time I, as an adult, felt like laying a ** out). This accident happened on May 19th, 2016. It is now July 7th. Damn and Fred Loya is a **. I know how he got rich. He was a ** cattle rancher who never went past the ** 8th grade and was depressed and decided to start selling ** insurance. Anyways, they have finally issued out my 12,500 check but are still lagging on releasing my vehicle. I had signed the agreement to keep the car, but they are still lagging on that... I do not care. At least I am getting paid. Pray that one of their customers does not hit you because it will be a few months until you get paid. Also, you will most likely develop some type of depressive disorder because these people are going to take the fight out of you.

The company is based out of El Paso, TX so in actuality I think they are run by the Juarez Cartel, and it shows. It's been a wild ride by this company and I'm still not done with them. Wth? Unbelievable experience. After reading some of these other reviews, my situation nowhere near as dramatic as some of the others, but here goes.

Two months ago on 4/20/16 my car while in the parking garage of the building where I currently work was hit by someone as she was apparently leaving. I wasn't there. She was kind enough to leave a note on my windshield explaining what happened. I called her when I got home and we had a good conversation and I explained to her that I will go get an estimate for the damages and get back to her. She said "fine." All well and dandy.

When I got the estimate a few days later, 1900 approx, I immediately sent her the information. Immediately she got defensive saying that was too much. She took pictures with her cell of the immediate damage and a few other spots and proclaimed 'I didn't do this! And that scratch there... Not me! I'm going to let my insurance company handle this from here on out!' And I'm like fine! I anticipate that. (I know this has nothing to do with Loya, but to just give you an idea of the type of people they represent typically, bear with me.)

She would only give me her first name and not the last, and would not give me her insurance policy #. Ding! Light bulb goes off... No insurance! Great. Well I spent a good few days trying to call her and texting her, no response. Great. Contacted my insurance company, Geico, opened the claim with them, shared all available info, they said they could cover it, with myself responsible for the deductible. And they indicated they would try to reach her and get her to pay up! No luck on their part.

Well a few weeks later, I get an unexpected call from a rep at Loya Insurance, whom I never heard of, and they indicated they accepted the liability damages to the car and would take care of it. I should await to hear from a damage inspector next. I asked her what was the deal with the insured? She said the person that hit me was not insured and did not own the car, it belonged to her sister. Ok great, welcome myself to that world!

It was another two weeks or so before I heard anything outright. And I had to hound them! I've been hit before, and never has it taken this long. So for the next several weeks I went back and forth, back and forth, back and forth with the company, both the claims rep assigned to my case as well as other reps at the 1-800 number, and the dude assigned to come out to look at my car (His voice box was full, go figure!). 'Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, someone will get back to you soon!' Blah blah. Lot of voicemail and non-returned phone calls. Approx 6 weeks of this.

Btw the primary claims rep that are assigned to head up individual cases at this company might as well not even show for work on any given day, they are that useless, the results would be the same. Well finally after so much phone tag, I finally talk to Ms. claims rep, she says I'm never returning their phone calls! Wth, are you serious??! She indicated they've assigned it to a third party appraiser service to come look at the car. Serious? She gave me the # of a rep there. Well, spent a few days trying to get a hold of him. Nothing. Kept calling both him and Loya for the next week or so, same old rigmarole.

Then one day out of the blue I receive a call from an independent appraiser and he sets it all up. Two weeks ago (it is now 6/22), he came to look at the car and made out his own estimate. About $800 less than the body shop (Can't wait to get into those weeds!). He says he'll provide Loya with the info and I should hear from them soon. A few days. Great. I never did. I had to call them. By now used to it. The rep over the phone confirmed they had the estimate info provided by him, and they would be issuing me a check within the week. That was the week of June 13th. Light at the end of the tunnel?

No. In the mail yesterday, received a letter from my glorious claim adjuster, a standard letter, asking if I was awaiting action on their part. Was the claim ready to be closed? Huh??!! No! I'm awaiting the check your company promised me! Get on the phone today and spoke with the most receptive agent to date. She said she had no idea what was going on, that the claim had been closed, and no check issued. She asked me to hold while she re-opened the claim and issued the check that was supposed to go out last week. 7-10 business days. Just like the last rep told me last week.

That's why I call this Part 1. Definitely at this point not naive enough to believe I'm anywhere near the end. I will be back to write more if I don't receive this check next week. And while all this is still going on, I still have a claim opened with my own company as back up! What other choice do you have!? But based on other reviews I have read, this is nothing new. This company runs a racket. Obviously. And they are getting away with it. They are in the business of representing those not playing by the rules in society, and will continue to get away with it if they aren't seriously reprimanded. Hopefully I won't be back to write part II, but wouldn't count on that being the case.

One never smiles when I go into the office. She looks like she's always angry. Second when they send me a text they sent me two different prices that I owe. Don't know why I only have a 1999 truck. Then they're rude. I tell them "Why the heck do you have 2 title holders on my insurance?" They couldn't give me an explanation. All they keep saying is "Well maybe those people live or Lived in your house." I said "Nobody's lives in my house for 11 years." I said houses built in 1960, well all the people that lived in your house they have to go on the insurance, so I told her "So the house is build 1960. Everybody that has live there it's going to go on my insurance?" There's about 3 or 4 people on my insurance saying they can't drive my car, so I don't even know who the heck they are. Oh I see you're all stupid. You don't do that. No wonder there's a lot of theft. Looking for a new insurance company.

I would like to know who are the people to blame that is not doing what is needed to stop this kind of company from doing business? I am angry and very upset with my dealings with Fred Loya Insurance company. However, I am just as angry when I can that this company is ripping off people in every way that they can in every state that they are allowed to do business in and that NO ONE is caring enough about their wrongdoing to stop them. Each of these states that are doing nothing about the wron doing of this company is doing more than doing nothing, they are ALLOWING this company to do all the wrongdoing that it does!

That being said, On May 21, 2016 my car was rear ended by one of Fred Loya policy holders in Bakersfield, CA. If you are in a traffic accident and no one is injured, the police do not come to the scene and there is no police report that is completed on your accident. My car was on Belle Terrace, street has one lane going east and one lane going west and there is a lane that divides the two lanes which is a turning lane. My car had moved out of the right lane and had pulled over and stopped in the turning lane with my left signal on. If I had been going to turn right I would have been in the right lane and would have just turned right but I was turning left which mean that I had to be right where I was, this was for turning left.

As I set there waiting for the oncoming traffic to slow so I could safety turn, headlights were approaching from behind me. As I just start to turn my car is rear ended from the back with most of the blow to my car to the back bumper and left corner of my bumper, her front is smashed. We call our insurance and contact Fred Loya insurance and thought it odd that she had contacted our insurance but not her insurance but it had been more than 25 years since we had been in any kind of car accident and then not our fault plus we were told that she probably just had not got around to reporting the accident.

When I contacted Fred Loya Insurance, the man sounded young and was so nice and was being more than helpful. There was something in his voice and he insisted on giving me all the information that I needed as well as information and phone numbers that I might need for whatever reason later on. Then the young man set me up with an appointment to take my car in so pictures could be taken for the claim adjuster.

OK, I'm taking my car in and pictures will be taken and the claim adjuster will make an estimate and write me a check. No, I will take my car in for pictures and the pictures will be sent to Texas for the claim adjuster to look at and from the pictures the claim adjuster will send me a check, based on what he sees in the picture? What? The young man said "It is very important that everything shows in the pictures. Make sure that you contact your claim adjuster and go over all damages with him before he sends you that check because after he send you that check if there is other damage, they will not pay you"!!! I am confused, I have three days before I take my car in and I must have misunderstood, everything will be clear when I take my car in Wednesday.

However, I told the young man that my car had been rear ended and the only thing that was damage was my rear bumper and lights under the back bumper. The man asked, what about my tires, anything leaking, etc. and told me to check my car over very close. I hung up the phone and next morning I went over every inch of my car and notice things and notice that things were not lining up as they should. The next few days I start Googling Fred Loya Insurance and I was shocked at the complaints.

To make a long story short from May 26 to June 6 I made more than 43 calls and all calls to the adjuster would ring and reroute back to the office when the people that answer the phone state that they can help me there is no one else that can. They try to convince me to take my car into any body shop and get it worked on and if the damage is more than what Fred Loya Insurance figures then the body shop person has to contact Fred Loya Supplement Dept. who will then issue them a check. I already had read about the many people who had lost their car because the body shops had put liens on their car for failure to be paid by the insurance company. Long story short, their policy holder 100% to blame and Fred Loya refuse to pay, they tell their policy holder to go after mine and my insurance knows when you are rear ended and proof is there that they are not going to pay.

My insurance is now going after their insurance to pay but they still refuse. My insurance states that this may take several months before we find out or get any money for the damages. My insurance has paid me for damages to my bumper less the deductible which they are also trying to get my Fred Loya. I stated that I am preparing to take the girl that hit me to court that I can sue her for the deductible plus all court cost but my insurance ask me to first wait and see what happens. Maybe if enough of Fred Loya policy holders started getting sued, may be the only way to stop this Insurance company!

Fred Loya had no excuse for not accepting blame but the reason they gave for not paying the claim was "He said, she said" They said we will take our policy holders word over another person’s word, I explained that they are supposed to be taking facts over words and going by the Insurance Act and laws that insurance company is supposed to go by. I then explain that if they open their own rule books that explains "Who is at Fault" it will show and explain that their policy holder is at 100 % fault? I was informed by the agent that have the right to decide how they decide who is at fault!

The most terrible company ever! They lasted 3 weeks to successfully finish the initial estimate. They had me jumping hoops with the check they sent out since there was 3 names it was issued out to. When it came to having a supplement estimate done, the insurance said they did not have anyone in my area to do the estimate! Are you serious? They offer services and charge for them when they cannot help you!!! I only spoke to my individual adjuster once, then I was not able to contact her and I spoke to over 10 people over the phone. Every time it was someone different! I so hate this company! Very unprofessional!

I am currently insured by Fred Loya and I was hit by a trailer on April 29, 2016. The insurance of the trailer agreed to pay for the damages and I received a letter on May 13, 2016 from my adjuster that a check would be sent out to me. As of June 6, 2016 I have not yet received any check. I contacted my adjuster a week ago and she told me she would check if the check had been cashed & if not she would send out a new one. I emailed her three days ago & she never replied or contacted me.

Today I called the Fred Loya 1800 number and spoke to someone in regards to this. They told me that in the Notes section of the claim my adjuster did not write anything about underwriting the check to see if anyone cashed it or about sending out a new one. I can't believe it, so much time wasted! I have no car, I've been living off rides to get to work, and I even had to quit my school. On the other hand, another check for the reimbursement of a car I rented has not arrived either and this check was sent out on May 27, 2016. This insurance is a joke! I know of someone else who since March has been waiting for a check.

Today June 13, 2016 and I call in to make payment and they say that they are no longer taking payments at this time due to products and other stuff. Now I'm confused at this time, so I ask her (Kimberley) at the Memorial Drive office in Georgia, "So what do we do? Will our insurance lapse?" She said yes. So whoever has Loya for insurance won't have it if your payment is due this week. That means registration will be cancel subject to be pulled over by the police. Never have I heard of anything like this. Got to call the news people. Have to shine some light on this. I just can't with these folks. They are cheap but sometimes it's better to pay for what you want.

Fred Loya Company Profile