Find a Car Insurance partner

2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

1.1/5 (254 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States.

Pros

• Full-service and proprietary offices where people regularly go
  • Claims program that allows you to get paid on the day of filing if all requirements are in order
  • Affordable rates for non-standard insurance
  • Agents required to settle physical damage claims within 24 hours
  • Coverage for drivers of high-powered sports cars, custom built cars and other specialized cars

Cons

• Claims processing times can vary
  • Available only in 11 states

Bottom Line

Fred Loya is a Texas-based car insurance company that serves 11 western and southwestern states. It offers both standard and non-standard insurance regardless of driving record or credit standing. Customers appreciate their affordable rates.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Fred Loya Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

On 03/17/2021, I was hit by a car insured by Fred Loya Insurance. The driver was driving illegally without a US driver's license, only a Mexican passport. We were both driving along a 3-lane road--I was in the left-most lane and she was in the middle. She made an illegal left turn from the middle lane attempting to turn into an intersection and caused the accident, hitting the front passenger's side of my car. I called police to the scene, but they did not do an official police report because they said no one was injured or intoxicated. Fred Loya only granted me 70% of damages and were nearly impossible to contact by phone during the entire process. I have left numerous phone messages and have asked to talk to the insurance adjuster and a manager, and no one ever answers or returns my calls.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I was rear-ended in an accident, their client is responsible for the accident. I have filed all the evidence: photos, police reports, my statements. But they can't reach their client. Like they can not contact their client after almost a month of the collision happened. All parties' statements are ready, except their insured. My car is still sitting there unfixed. They gave me an estimate of 1450, but the actual cost of repair is 5900 dollars. They gave low estimate. Trash company with trash insured drivers.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I have been with Fred Loya for two years. Not only is it the law in Texas that you must have insurance you want to have it in case you have an accident. I had no idea how horrible the service was in the claims department until I had an accident. Very unresponsive, very unprofessional. Overall I just feel like I’ve been taking my money that I pay out to make sure I’m insured and covered. If I feel like I’ve been ripped off honestly at the end of the day you pay for what you get. They are very cheap insurance and you’re going to get cheapest service!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Vehicle was damaged by one of their insuree in 2020. Shortly thereafter, I started a claim with their office. They assigned two claim adjusters by the name of Joseph ** and Anarosa **. If you have low expectations for an insurance provider, below average expectation on follow-ups, and drop commitments then Fred Loya would be your perfect insurance provider. What to expect from this insurance provider... slow turn arounds on claims, below-average customer service, and zero callbacks from their staff. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

This company is the worst insurance company ever. You're covered for a rental up to 30 days yet they will not honor it you get two weeks max even if your car is still in the shop. Customer service is terrible. The return calls from adjuster is over 48 hours. They make you stand at autobody shop while they are talking to the shop before they approve it.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Worst company ever. They didn't help me at all when I turned to them when my car got totaled by someone crashing into it while it was parked. They left me alone not knowing what to do. They only know how to deduct 60 $ from my account for nothing. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. There are other companies that much better with much less price.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Fred Loya insurance is the worst insurance company with the worst customer service! I signed a form to have my payment drafted 7 days prior to my due date, and they drafted my account 10 days prior. Example: My payment is due on 05/03/2020 and they drafted my account on 04/24/2020! Let’s not forget to mention how we’re on a stay at home order due to COVID 19, and this agency won’t even reduce the payments. You would think the the OWNER of this company who lives in this community, would want to help and give back, but nope! I’m cancelling my policy with them! I will NEVER conduct business with this company again!

Original review: April 17, 2020

This driver harassed me in my front of my own home. See all that room on the other side? He wasn't nice enough to move so I can fully park in front of my own home. He proceeded to call me fat, ugly, and a disappointment. I am going to post this all over social media right now. I am so livid and scared for my life. He knows where I live. The words he was calling me shows a very sad unhappy man who would prob come back and do harm. Please address this now! No name tag, nothing that indicates he actually worked for you guys. I'm a single woman who lives alone. Scared. I have emailed and called Fred Loya Multiple times with no luck.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

It is obvious to anyone who has ever done business with the Fred Loya Company, that the people don't care about being ethical or professional or even nice. The worst employees are based out of the Texas office - Ramon ** is a dirty rat and doesn't listen to people, he is just trying to make money. Alejandra ** was probably trained by him and she is not only unprofessional, unethical and immature, she is prejudice and has no conscience. They are a nightmare to work with and crooked and slimy.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

This is not even called a company. Such a scam... My less than 1 year old vehicle my vehicle was hit from behind by their insured client while I was stopped behind traffic light in the right-bound lane to turn right. We both felt the contact and jumped out of the car to inspect the damage. My rear bumper and license plate were clearly damaged! The other driver instantly denied that she even hit my car which was mind blowing... We called the police to come out and file a report; which he did. Called Loya Insurance to file a claim and took us 2-3 hours on the phone to report out and answer their questions. 10 days later we got a letter that the claim was DENIED! This was stated on the letter: "THE DRIVER OF THE INSURED VEHICLE WAS NOT THE PROXIMATE CAUSE OF THE LOSS." Are you serious? Is this even real? I am speechless!!! I have no idea why these scammers are even allowed to conduct business in our country?!

Fred Loya Company Information