Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes
1.00/5

Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes

BOTTOM LINE

Fred Loya is a Texas-based car insurance company that serves 11 western and southwestern states. It offers both standard and non-standard insurance regardless of driving record or credit standing. Customers appreciate their affordable rates.

PROS

• Full-service and proprietary offices where people regularly go
  • Claims program that allows you to get paid on the day of filing if all requirements are in order
  • Affordable rates for non-standard insurance
  • Agents required to settle physical damage claims within 24 hours
  • Coverage for drivers of high-powered sports cars, custom built cars and other specialized cars

CONS

• Claims processing times can vary
  • Available only in 11 states

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

208 Fred Loya Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Well I had an incident which was that they steal my bumper in the street. It took a month that this was solved by Fred Loya and this was because I told them that I put claim in the Insurance Dept. 1.- It is horrible since you call them to report the incident and in the process they switch the adjusters like 10 times. 2.- I filed a Police report, took all the pictures and evidences and email to them and then It took one week until the adjuster come to see my car in the body shop after pushing them with my phone calls.

3.-The adjuster (**) was saying that he or she thought that I had an accident and not a stealing case. What a loser. The police gave me a report and I had pics. I guess they just trying to avoid to paid you and because that they said that they will investigate my case. 4.- I supposed to have 10 rental car days of maximum of $30 a day. The investigation took another 3 weeks and this was the worst part. They ask me what was I doing the night before of the incident (like FBI) and they called all people to confirm what I said and I cooperate but they asked for more and more just with something simple as my car was parked in front of my house and they steal the bumper.

5.- They never finished the investigation and my 10 rental car days they cut it to 8 days for no reason and I had to pay 2 weeks more of rental myself. 6.- Ricardo ** which was one the many adjusters that they switch was the worst. This man should go back to school and learn how to talk. He told me that don't bother him and call him. FRED LOYA should fire this guys. Because of customer service like him I am switching to another insurance. They don't understand that the most important is keep loyal customers for years, not losing them. I don't recommend this Insurance at all. Worst customer service and it is a nightmare. It is cheap but it's why I learn that cheap insurance at the end is a worst decision.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Too bad I can't give Fred Loya insurance a zero. Was in a fender bender with a Fred Loya insurance holder, her fault as she failed to yield to traffic. Spoke to Fred Loya and was under the impression an adjuster would come to take the car and assess the damages. Wrong! They came with a tow truck without notifying anyone and took it. They took it to Carparts in Anthony Tx, which is several miles from El Paso. Never say they can "TAKE" your car or you might never see it again. And if you do get ready for a fight and lost time. The people are never there, don't call you back and don't communicate with you or each other. Didn't even offer a rental car but stated I had one only to look again and notice they didn't give me one. I had to pay for a rental and they'll probably fight me on that as well. So frustrating. Even lost sleep over it.

After three weeks finally get the car back and they paid the loan company with which the car was under collateral, only after they state the car was totaled. The tow truck dropped off the car today only to find everything was taken out of the car without my permission. If they were assessing the car then why even open it, especially when they didn't have the keys. And they messed up the door even more than the original hit trying to open it. Both companies are liars and cutthroats. The Carparts females were condescending and tried to talk over you blaming the tow truck driver for the missing items as well as the bent license plate where they tried to pull it off without a screwdriver. This is by far the worst customer service!!! Good luck dealing with both these messed up companies.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

This is the worst insurance anyone can ever have! The bar is so low that I would rate them in hell. I have been having problems with them since I became a customer to them. First they want you to pay them TWICE a month which is stupid and if you don’t they take away your “privileges.” I signed up for a 6 month policy and because I didn’t pay them twice a month but still paid them by the due date they changed my policy WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. So instead of 6 month I’m on month to month which I have NEVER HEARD OF. So to make things easier I ask could I moved my due date and they told me I’m not allowed to because of my month to month policy that they changed without my knowledge.

On December 2nd, I asked an employee will it be ok if I paid them on December 7th and he told me it was completely fine and the only thing I had to do was bring my car to the nearest office. So I do that and paid them without any problems until they told me to sign something and come to find out they CANCELED my insurance. Their reasoning is that they don’t offer a grace period. This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t try to take money out of my account twice a month. I’m so sick of these people and they raggedy business, it’s ridiculous how they operate! I already have plans to report them to the BBB in Dallas and the Texas Insurance Commissioner. All they're known for is getting over on people. HOW ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS???

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

This is by far the worst insurance any person can have! I had insurance with them. I got rear ended & they did not cover me at all! I called to cancel & they still took the money out my bank plus a late fee! To top it off, they had me under "no license" when in fact I do have a license, so they were charging me all these 2 years even more money than I was suppose to pay because of it!

I called to get my money refunded back & I had to do all these calls & going into Fred Loya stores when it's their responsibility to do so for me! I got $160 taken out my bank & so I called to get that refunded & yesterday I received my check & only $91 was sent back! What the actual **!? I'm mindblown on how ridiculous this is! I can continue all day about how they suck, but I'll be nice to leave it at that. DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE! THEY WILL SCAM YOU.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have had nothing but problems from the start of the claim from this company. I was hit by someone that had this insurance. I've had to fight for every little thing for this claim. From the start I had to fight for a rental that would allow for my carrying kids and shipping things for work. They would only approve aftermarket parts on a 3 year old car, would not do an alignment even though I just had new tires put on and had one done and it is off. After the parts arrived at the body shop they only approved the labor for 3 days starting the exact day the parts arrived.

So after those 3 days they would not pay for my loaner car. They also blamed me for having the wrong information on the check that they sent when I specifically asked if only my name would be on the check and they said yes. So I now have to wait 2 days for the checks to be voided and resent so my car will be released from the body shop causing me to have to pay for the rental for 2 days. Nothing but stress and disappointment. I would give no stars if that was an option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Fred Loya will do everything they can to minimize their portion of ANY claim submitted to them. The adjuster refused to return calls and delayed the acceptance of fault for over a week to keep from having to pay for my rental vehicle. They eventually accepted fault, but only gave me $40/day for a rental after the accident took my 2014 Toyota Tundra 4x4 completely out of service for 3 weeks and they will only cover 2 days of rental! I am out over $1,000 for an accident that was not my fault! How is that fair?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

This insurance is playing with the customer. I have full coverage & I got rear end. They make it my car total loss so they won't pick up my car without pay me or make me an reasonable offer so I told them, “Why you won't pick my car,” so they send me a very low. I pay 15.000. They offer me 10.300. I went to Kelley Blue Book & price is 13.000. They still want to not give me at least 12.000. This not fair low value insurance. Never in my life I will do business again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been getting auto insurance through Fred Loya for a while now. My vehicle was broken into & I filed a claim with them. The insurance adjuster told me to file a police report, then to go to an auto repair company to get an estimate for the damages to be repaired. I followed all of the instructions they gave me & gave them copies of everything. Now they are saying my insurance policy will not cover anything. On the policy I have, it clearly states that I am covered. So now I am taking legal action. Whatever you do, please choose a reliable Auto Insurance Company so you don’t get scammed!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Updated on 12/07/2018: This is a follow-up review from a car accident dated on July 23rd. This was an accident which I was not a fault, I was insured through FRED LOYA and till this day, they just left me hanging. Never did they help my car get fixed nor recover anything from the at-fault insurance parties company. To top it off my policy ended this November 2018 and they still had the nerve to ask me if I'd like to renew my policy! What a sad joke of a rip off company. The policy I had clearly stated that they covered up to $200 dollars for tow truck reimbursement, and they only sent me a check for $100.

Also a supervisor adjuster promised to keep me updated and all they did was state that this claim was under arbitration and they promised to call me back... Never has happened. They were always quick to call whenever the payment was due a few days prior. Most of their staff they hire is unqualified young untrained employees whom don't seem to know nothing about car insurance. I filed a complaint with the insurance bureau of Los Angeles California and FRED LOYA was quick to write a report with lies to cover up any bad doings. TO anyone considering this insurance company stay away and don't waste your money nor your time. All these bad reviews should tell consumers something. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: I am currently insured with this company and on July 23 I was involved in a accident which I was not at fault at. Today is Sept 28 and still till this day they have not done anything firm to get the other insurance company to fix my car. Almost 2 months that my car has been sitting wrecked and collecting fees. The day of the accident, they refused to provide me a tow-truck which my policy states that they cover also a place to store my vehicle, which they policy also states that they cover. Throughout this whole nightmare, I have had to do most of the work for my insurance adjuster, contacting the other parties insurance, finding information and when I have called my Fred Loya adjuster at times my calls are ignored, passed on to other people or usually I am given the runaround. At times, you can even hear people laughing over the phone at their customers when you try to ask serious questions.

My adjuster even advised me to go out on my own and try to go through small claims court to recover any damages. I feel that if I am paying for my insurance they should be helping me out as much as they can . Especially on a car accident for which I am not a fault at?? FRED LOYA INSURANCE leaves me wondering how they continue to pop up left and right at most shopping center which such bad customer service. They are quick to call you when your payment is almost due, but when you really need them... they don't seem to really care. Overall this has been a nightmare. Never, NEVER, NEVER have I dealt with an insurance company that has lagged this long. I would not recommend them at all!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I currently walked in your store in 1201 Woodhaven Blvd. Ste 1233 Ft. Worth Tx 76112. I try to purchase insurance with you all. I got it with ** and employee that worked there. I gave her my money with no problem. So I went to show the car lot they would not accept, my insurance because do a poorly job as an company. Something that I did not know so I try to get my money back. She said no, I was like, "I just gave you cash like 30 minutes ago." I was mad that I as a customer called her manager ** and she said I could not get my money. I will never again ask for your services. I strongly feel l like I was taken advantage of. I am currently looking into legal services.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have not missed a payment in two years since I've been with them. Missed payment by a couple of days. Called over the phone to make payment and they will not take it. I have to go in a office and pay. No loyalty whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I paid my insurance the day it was due, Fred Loya stole another payment the next day. Then when I called to get a refund a worker told me that all they could do was “credit it over to the next month.” Remind you I’m on a month to month plan. It took me going up there in person to act a fool in order for them to just agree to a refund. They told me it would take 3-5 business days, today makes the 5th day yet I STILL HAVENT RECEIVED MY REFUND.

I called the 800 number and they told me THEY ONLY GIVE REFUNDS ON TUESDAYS. I’ve already been patient and broke with my account sitting in a negative because they like to steal, Wasn’t able to get any formula for my infant child, lucky I have family that helped and I still needed my family to assist with a percentage of my rent, which is a big inconvenience because THE MONEY WAS IN MY ACCOUNT BEFORE THEY DECIDED TO STEAL IT & Now they want me to be patient another 4 days to receive my payment. They have by far been nothing more than an INCONVENIENCE towards me and my family. I recommend that NO ONE use this insurance company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My Mother was hit at a red light from behind. The woman has Fred Loya Ins. My Mother is 82 years old and they are refusing to pay for her rental car for the remainder of the time it takes to fix her car. They are accusing the Ford Body shop of falsifying documents. How does Mr. Loya sleep at night with his name on insurance that would hurt an 82 year old woman? I have always heard bad things and read very few decent reviews about this company. The claims department was quick to start the claim; but has obviously decided not to pay what they owe.

Just want to warn you not to believe that this company will do anything that is right and just. They will get away with what they can get away with. There are medical bills yet to pay, we will see if they actually pay those or deny them. I have not talked to anyone of any nationality but Mexican. Why do they not have to follow the EEOC laws in this company? I would pay more for my insurance than to ever have to deal with these people again!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been buying auto insurance for 45 years and have never seen a company nickel and dime a customer like they do. Most auto insurance companies take only a few days to get you a LOE (letter of experience) which is what some insurance companies want from your previous insurance company to show you have not had any lapse in your coverage.

Loya's policy is 30 days to send that out which can affect getting coverage from another company and cause you to pay a higher rate. Loya insurance company charges you a fee when you add or remove a vehicle from your policy. If you find a company with better rates for more coverage, Loya insurance company will then charge you a $50.00 cancellation fee. I have never been with a company that charges you a fee to cancel. This greedy company seems to take advantage of their customers in every way possible. I would stay away from this company unless you don't mind having the company nickel and dime you to death.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have never dealt with a shadier insurance company. I recently got backed into by a Fred Loya policyholder. She claimed responsibility and she knows she backed into me and I had the right of way even if my truck was moving forward. But, I was stopped 6 feet behind her for at least 30 seconds as we were both exiting a driveway onto a residential street. So, even after their own client tells them the truth about the accident, good ole Fred Loya adjuster comes back saying “it’s a 50/50” and refuses to claim responsibility for their customer. She’s even called them countless times to tell them it was indeed her fault. My only recourse now is to file with my own insurance through my comprehensive coverage and hope they can recoup my deductible and out of pocket rental car costs. I guess like everyone else on here “don’t get hit by a Fred Loya consumer” and if you do don’t waste your time with them!!! Call your own insurance and file a claim.

Original review: July 17, 2018

On May 29, 2018 a customer of Fred Loya who was at fault for the accident, he accept the guilt, hit my car and they not been paid yet. Fred Loya says that his client did not want to cooperate and that's why they did not pay me. Your client hides something. The adjuster is a spoiled person, not professional, rude and does not know how to treat people. It is the worst insurance company that exists. I have not been paid and two months have passed. My auto continuous crash and they do not pay because their customer does not want to cooperate, his customer hides something. They are irresponsible, liar, do not pay, the adjuster is a bitter and the researcher of the case does nothing. They are the worst.

Original review: July 11, 2018

What a bunch of bull. Fred Loya Insurance admitted full liability months ago but refuse to pay out to Geico or my deductible, stating it's still in subrogation. Thank God for Geico replacing my car; you won't catch me dead recommending Fred Loya or any of their related companies to anyone.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The worst insurance company ever! Every time I have had to deal with them they have been rude. They never want to work with you and do everything at their convenience. Not yours! They could care less if they lose business with longtime customers. Now imagine new incoming customers! DO NOT GET INSURANCE THRU FRED LOYA/NATIONAL INSURANCE! I spoke with more than one person to let them know if I didn't get the help I need I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau! The representative told me that if that's what I wanted I could do that. THEY DO NOT CARE!

Original review: May 18, 2018

I received horrible service from Fred Loya. Office staff inefficient, unprofessional, uneducated and try to scare people to doing what they want. In addition, terrible claims service. Reps don't follow-up or say they will call and don't. I experienced an accident in which I was not at fault. Fred Loya denied and closed my claim without advising me. I requested it to be re-opened to no avail. They did however offer me possibility of filing claim on my insurance. Stated my insurance would not increase. I declined. They also failed to give the other insurance my statement. I had to do all the work. Contacted other insurance and provided all info requested. The other insurance took care of me.

This incident was a major red flag as to how they handle their business so I changed insurance carrier. I went into the office to cancel showed them my new dec page. They cancelled two days after the date of the new insurance. I caught the error at the office, but the rep could not fix it at the time, but stated it would be processed correctly. A week later I received a letter of cancellation with wrong cancellation date. I went back to the office, explained the whole situation and the rep said he could not back date. He stated that because a week had gone by they couldn't do anything??? Give me a break.

I explained that I needed that cancellation date backdated, that I had proof of my new dec page, but he insisted he could not do anything. He even contacted his manager via phone. I explained to him that by them not changing the cancellation date my premium refund would be pro-rated less those two days. After all this all he offered to do was give me a 1-800 number as he was unable to further assist me. I do not recommend Fred Loya to anyone based on my experience. Peace of mind in the event an accident happens is more important to me even if I have to pay more.

Original review: May 18, 2018

** - Employee (Female Mid 50s) at Fred Loya Insurance at 6708 S Cage STE C Pharr, TX , 78577. Very bad service from both employees, Ms. ** changed my quote price as I came into their location to purchase a quote given to me the day before. Service quality declined further after her first question which was, "Are you self employed?", to which I answered, "I own 3 online businesses and keep a full time job at **". True question should have been, "Do you use your vehicle for your businesses or to travel to your job on a daily basis?" In order to assess my use for the newly acquired vehicle. She kept on repeating that she would charge more and modify my account so no other location or agent could sell me their policy which was quoted the day before.

Apart from being rude since the moment I sat down at her desk, she did nothing to correct her behavior or apologize when I politely asked her to reconsider her modifying my original quote. I am an Architect/Designer that works from my laptop at home and I keep a full time job 44 hrs/week as an Interiorist. Ms ** modified my quote to charge me 60% more than the quoted price because she decided to take my professional services instead of my full time job. Thus increasing my quote under the argument that I use the vehicle for self employment which was her assumption (my professional services do not include any in which I travel to you, as all the services are paid and provided online from afar.) Fred Loya Insurance might be a good company however with employees like Ms. ** nothing extraordinary in terms of service can be expected if this is the way their employees treat paying customers.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was side swiped by a Fred Loya client. The client was trying to pass off previous vehicle damage onto me. This client lied to the police officer, my insurance company, and Fred Loya insurance. I talked with Lena of Fred Loya and she told me to send in pictures and to bring the car in so they could assess my damage. The next day Fred Loya called denying my claim without seeing my car or any of my pictures. THIS COMPANY IS VERY SHADY not to mention unethical!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was hit by a Fred Loya customer. They refused to get me a rental car. They sent my car across town to their preferred auto shop and told me that if I take it anywhere else I wouldn't be covered. Then the medical portion of it told me that NOTHING is covered but services provided that same day. So now I have bill collectors coming after me and Fred Loya won't pay a dime. Their agents are rude and are downright abusive. I had to file a claim under my own insurance to get my car fixed. I am out around 5K. They treat you like you are the enemy and trying to scam them. I am filing a complaint with the Division of Insurance. Terrible customer service and they don't honor the LAW. This is a shady outfit. I don't know how they are still in business.

Original review: April 19, 2018

On April 18, 2018 got an estimate with Nataly for Liability Auto Insurance: Policy, $156 for 3 months and to be deducted from my Bank Acct. So today April 19, 2018 went to sign up to one of their locations and Judy said, they change the policy to $183. According to them because I stop 3 times when driving my car. So the more stops I do, the more they charge? I called the 1-800 and they said can't open a policy for me at this time. This is ridiculous.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was rear-ended by one of their customers. They told me that everything would be covered, but when it came to paying out they refused to pay out in full. My body shop Maaco was in contact with them, told the insurance company that the two day estimate to get it fixed was not realistic due to workflow and ordering parts, and that they completed the work as quickly as possible. Even with this they would not pay out for how long I was without a car and I got stuck with a bill. This insurance company needs to be investigated. They rip people off who their customers hit.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I got hit by one of their customers and I had to do their job. I had to call them. I had to keep calling because every time when they were supposed to they never did. It was always next day or tomorrow. My car got totalled and they want rip me off on the price. I paid $1500 for the car and they're paying me $1300!!! Not including the price I paid to get it registered and expected. The associate over it didn't even call me. I had call him and he rude the entire time. He chuckled when I explained I paid the amount for it and I pointed that out. He ignored it like it never happened. They think amount but it's something to me since I missed work thanks to their customer and had trouble getting there cause they took so long. If I need insurance for a new car it won't be with them. Should hired a lawyer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had full coverage with Fred Loya. My car would not start in the morning. It needed a new battery. I had to get to work. I called the person renting my basement as they had an extra car to see if they had a spare key and if I could borrow their car. They did. I used their car and got in an accident. My insurance was supposed to cover a loaner car. They denied it. Now the other insurance company is trying to take my license. Fred Loya then would not insure me saying I was uninsurable, but they added me to the insurance of the person renting my basement without even letting them know.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I was in a fender bender with someone insured by Loya. They are non-responsive and I made sure all correspondence was in email. They went so far to lie to me about contacting my body shop and told me my shop padded the estimate. LIES. This would have been big trouble for body shop had I not investigated, my shop offered to go on a 3-way call. Loya refused. I might add they took 100% liability for the accident. I only wish enough people would join a class action lawsuit and STOP Loya from screwing people. They should be fined and/or closed for the unethical practices.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Fred Loya sucks. As we got hit by one of their people who had Fred Loya that didn't want to pay the medical bills or for my car being total. I went to mediation and Fred Loya showed up without their people who can say yes or no on the money. They play games and that's what this company is. All games. Go get State Farm insurance. A little bit more but they take care of their customers. I got a rent a car that paid to get my car fix. They say you get what you pay for. Cheap insurance cheap and sorry company. I will never do business with Fred Loya and hope y'all done. Either put this sorry company out of business. My next step is calling the BBB Better Business Bureau on them. You make sure they go out of business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I've had auto insurance thru Loya Insurance for about 10 years. My policy canceled cause my automatic payment didn't go thru. I called them, paid over the phone, stepped into their office to sign paperwork and that was that. I had roadside service before it cancelled, because they asked me if I wanted it. When the policy cancelled, so did the roadside service which I understand. They didn't ask if I wanted to include it again and I figured everything went back to what I had before since there were no questions asked. Now I need a tow truck and have no roadside service. After 10 years you'd think I'd get more than a "unfortunately..." I'm super frustrated with them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Fred Loya has cheap insurance prices for their customers, but if you get hit by their insured vehicle don't expect for them to accept your claim, even if they were at fault. I got hit on the side of my vehicle while at a Drive-thru. This is their tactic to keep their prices down.

Fred Loya Company Information