2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Fred Loya is a Texas-based car insurance company that serves 11 western and southwestern states. It offers both standard and non-standard insurance regardless of driving record or credit standing. Customers appreciate their affordable rates.

PROS

• Full-service and proprietary offices where people regularly go
  • Claims program that allows you to get paid on the day of filing if all requirements are in order
  • Affordable rates for non-standard insurance
  • Agents required to settle physical damage claims within 24 hours
  • Coverage for drivers of high-powered sports cars, custom built cars and other specialized cars

CONS

• Claims processing times can vary
  • Available only in 11 states

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Fred Loya Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: July 1, 2020

Worst company ever. They didn't help me at all when I turned to them when my car got totaled by someone crashing into it while it was parked. They left me alone not knowing what to do. They only know how to deduct 60 $ from my account for nothing. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. There are other companies that much better with much less price.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Fred Loya insurance is the worst insurance company with the worst customer service! I signed a form to have my payment drafted 7 days prior to my due date, and they drafted my account 10 days prior. Example: My payment is due on 05/03/2020 and they drafted my account on 04/24/2020! Let’s not forget to mention how we’re on a stay at home order due to COVID 19, and this agency won’t even reduce the payments. You would think the the OWNER of this company who lives in this community, would want to help and give back, but nope! I’m cancelling my policy with them! I will NEVER conduct business with this company again!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

This driver harassed me in my front of my own home. See all that room on the other side? He wasn't nice enough to move so I can fully park in front of my own home. He proceeded to call me fat, ugly, and a disappointment. I am going to post this all over social media right now. I am so livid and scared for my life. He knows where I live. The words he was calling me shows a very sad unhappy man who would prob come back and do harm. Please address this now! No name tag, nothing that indicates he actually worked for you guys. I'm a single woman who lives alone. Scared. I have emailed and called Fred Loya Multiple times with no luck.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

It is obvious to anyone who has ever done business with the Fred Loya Company, that the people don't care about being ethical or professional or even nice. The worst employees are based out of the Texas office - Ramon ** is a dirty rat and doesn't listen to people, he is just trying to make money. Alejandra ** was probably trained by him and she is not only unprofessional, unethical and immature, she is prejudice and has no conscience. They are a nightmare to work with and crooked and slimy.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

This is not even called a company. Such a scam... My less than 1 year old vehicle my vehicle was hit from behind by their insured client while I was stopped behind traffic light in the right-bound lane to turn right. We both felt the contact and jumped out of the car to inspect the damage. My rear bumper and license plate were clearly damaged! The other driver instantly denied that she even hit my car which was mind blowing... We called the police to come out and file a report; which he did. Called Loya Insurance to file a claim and took us 2-3 hours on the phone to report out and answer their questions. 10 days later we got a letter that the claim was DENIED! This was stated on the letter: "THE DRIVER OF THE INSURED VEHICLE WAS NOT THE PROXIMATE CAUSE OF THE LOSS." Are you serious? Is this even real? I am speechless!!! I have no idea why these scammers are even allowed to conduct business in our country?!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

One of their clients hit my car and dealing w/ Fred Loya has been a nightmare since day one. I will never consider them when shopping for my own insurance nor would I recommend them, just the opposite! Their customer service is terrible and the people in the rental department don't call back like they say they will, they stopped paying for the rental car 8 days before my car was fixed, not a reputable company!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

First of all why this place is still I don't understand. They rip everybody off. Just look at the reviews. He'll just Got hit by Fred Loya driver, got assigned some punk named Elgardo ** but they called him Eddy, called he answered in Spanish, and as soon as he heard my Southern accent he started just being rude. My car is not drivable so since their driver t boned us I asked about a rental and I told him my 4yr old leg is broke. We have an appointment to get her cast removed Thursday. This guy laughed and said "that's not my problem. It's not my fault you're not responsible enough to get your daughter to the doctor." Shook by the comment I said, "So your driver wrecked my car and now It's not you responsibility?" He then said, "I'm sorry you're poor and can't afford a rental." Even said at one point, "You want better service? Use your own insurance..." I'm for real. This guy is just a **.

I asked, "Do you have a daughter? He said yea but it's not my daughter..." Now I'm starting to get mad. I know the only reason I was being treated this way is because I was **. It was the way his voiced changed when he heard me speak but we go so I say so, "Because we got hit by your driver my car is undrivable so I have to go rent a car for 2 to 3 wks maybe longer at a hundred dollars a day. That's close to 3000 dollars all right before Christmas so now my kids have to suffer." He said, "It's not my problem," and hung up. I called him back. He answered by saying, "What do you not understand? It's not my problem," and hung up again.

I called back because I wanted to know will I be reimbursed the money I'm going to pay for this rent a car because we got hit. Well he had some lady answer the phone. I asked her that. She laughed. You could hear that ** laughing in the background too and she said no. I pleaded with telling her my daughter has appointment, school, my job, my wife's job, daily errands and I told her that it's right before Christmas. She smirked. That sorry p.o.s. laughed and she said, "I'm sorry you can't handle your responsibility," and hung up.

They ruined our Christmas with not a care. They are heartless cruel people. I beg anyone reading this don't go there. I really think they are just insurance to rip off illegals. Fred Loya, you're going to burn in hell. I ask you how can you do this to people. You're nothing but a vulture preying on the poor. I don't care how much money you have. You the worst kinda human but your people got the wrong guy. This time I'm not going to stop writing, telling and suing till me and my family get a full apology. We did not deserve to be treated that way plus after your driver caused this you will meet God one day Fred and Eddy.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

On November 11 2019 my wife was on her way to work. She was stopped behind traffic at a light. She was in the righthand lane because she was going to turn right when she reached the intersection where the traffic light was. While stopped she was hit in rear driver side quarter panel by a black SUV evidently trying to get in the righthand lane. Both my wife and the SUV driver pulled into a parking lot to exchange info. The driver of the SUV did not have a license but did have a Mexico passport and expired insurance card. We did learn later she was insured at the time but did not have the latest insurance card with her. My wife took pictures of documents and auto damage of both vehicles. Our insurance determined she was not at fault because she was stopped. The other drivers insurance (Fred Loya) also denied the claim for damages. They are well known for doing this. If you are ever in an accident we hope the vehicle is not insured by Fred Loya.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

It started with them running my payment 10 days in advance granted I had the money in my account but it somehow declined. Mind you no notification from my bank that something was declined. So we call the day before our payment is due to find out what is going on. Without much explanation they said we had too many claims and that the "underwriters" made the decision to no longer insure us going forward. I told them I have been a loyal customer for almost 6 years now. When we asked for more details as to what the claims are they stated it was windshield replacements starting back from Dec 2014. Mind you there were a total of 4 replacements for the entirety of our business with them. With 1 replacement in the year I also live in Phoenix, AZ where we get bad dust storms so it has to be replaced 1x a year.

I was told if we went into the office that day Saturday before they close they could help me. It was 1:45 PM when I spoke with them and made it to the office by 2:15 PM. They stated that location didn't close until 3PM. When I arrived they were closed up for the day and on their way out. So a useless trip. So now I am driving my vehicle with no car insurance for unneccessary trips because of them. It should have been a red flag when they insured me without a license.

To make matters worse as I am sitting at the closest restaurant to them searching for car insurance on my phone. It pops up that I was involved in a car accident in 2017. I have a perfect driving record. No accidents and no tickets. So the fact that they report these as accidents and get an attitude when you ask them nicely to fix it blows my mind.

Apparently being a loyal customer means nothing to them and it's extremely disappointing. I use to recommend them all the time because I never had issues but after reading others experience plus my own I would tell people to run. Believe it or not Geico has way better rates plus better coverage and they are an ACTUAL insurance company who stands behind their name.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My car was involved in an accident in July of 2019 which I have full coverage insurance. Another lady in another car drove us off the road. We had got a police report showing the accident and the lady's insurance did not cover our car which was a total loss. Fred Loya didn't even back us up and our car was a total loss and now when it comes to me getting the report or a copy saying that they denied my claim Fred Loya insurance will not even give me a copy with my name under it stating that they denied my insurance so that Gap can take over and cover what they can with the car. This is a bad insurance company. I would not ever recommend this company to no one because what's the point of paying for full cover coverage insurance and you can't use it.

Fred Loya Company Information