1.14/5
  • 1 star
Based on 168 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

170 Fred Loya Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My daughter's car was hit in a parking lot by one of Fred Loya's customers. She had two witnesses who went to campus security with their eyewitness account of the guy hitting my car and then driving away. They both had descriptions of the driver and one of them had the license plate #. The guy was later arrested for hit and run and a police report filled out. His truck had white paint on the bumper that matched my daughters car. And there is CCTV video of him entering the parking lot and then a few minutes later leaving in a hurry. Fred Loya says that they believe their customer was not involved (Really!?!) and they are refusing to pay. The case has now gone to arbitration between my insurance company and them. Basically, Fred Loya is a scam and is not offering coverage, only a piece of paper saying that you paid for coverage.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I am amazed that this company is still in business, especially after seeing all the negative reviews online. There has got to be a way to lobby to get this company taken out of business. If a drug company were providing its customers with sub-standard drugs, they would be penalized, yet this company continues to exist? Recently one of their clients slammed into, and totaled my brother's car, and severely damaged my car. The police made a report that it was the client's fault since both cars were parked in the driveway when their client hit them. They dragged their feet with (a) writing off and issuing the check for my brother's vehicle, and (2) my car sat in the shop for almost 21 days while their "adjusters" kept going to the body shop and providing low-ball estimates. The dealer was not able to repair the car using their estimates.

I finally called my own insurance company and the repairs finally started - well over days from the accident. Problem is going to be recovery of my funds which I have paid for the rental. The rental would not have exceeded the "allowed" limit if they had written the correct estimate the first or second time, and done what they needed to do! Is there anyone who had a negative experience with this company, and would like to start a forum to get them shut down by the authorities, please let me know.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I chose Fred Loya Insurance because I was assured that they were a good company to go with, however 3 weeks into my policy I was forced to cancel it since I no longer own the vehicle. When I went in to do so I was assured that I would receive my refund check minus the $50 cancellation fee within 2 weeks. It has been almost a month and I still have not received anything. When I called, I was informed that I was not entitled to a refund because they were taking out more fees than what I had been told would be taken out, which was the $50 cancellation fee. So not only am I not getting $130+ back from them, they say I technically OWE them money! Do not get any insurance from Fred Loya... Period!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I was involved in the most minor fender bender with a Loya Casualty insurance member who reversed into my car and before I had called them they had decided I was at fault. The damage to the other persons car was very minor whilst mine was a little more serious. I called them and sent letters which they did not reply to and offered to pay if they paid for my damage.

What I did not know at the time was that my estranged wife had removed my car from our insurance so I first received a physical threat from the other driver then more recently an abusive phone call which threat from someone claiming to be a lawyer representing Loya Insurance stating that if I did not pay them money for the accident they would have my licence suspended which is extortion. This company is bad news. They refused to supply me with estimates for the damage to their clients car and are not interested in any facts about the accident. By the looks of the many complaints online they dont care too much about their clients either.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My daughter turn 16, and without my authorization they decided to add her and charge me without my consent. They said since she turn 16 they ASSUMED she was going to drive. They charged and withdrew from my banking account without my consent. Called them and I couldn't take her out of my policy unless I went in person to sign papers to approve for her to be withdrawn from my policy, what an irony. They didn't me to add her and charge me without permission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We had this insurance for 4 years, never had to file a claim till last month, my husband was driving on the highway and cut a sheetrock panel on the road, got damage on the windshield, front bumper, driver side mirror, driver side fender, hood, etc. We call and file a claim, when they give us the final estimate they also send us a check for $130.00, so I laugh, and call them back, took my truck to a shop and they give us a total of 1800.00 to fix it. I meet the adj at the shop and he told me that he was not going to pay more than that because my truck had rock-chips on it. This is how easy they get away of the bill, so what’s the point for me to have a full cover insurance on it?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I would have given 0 stars but it wouldn't let me. My driver was involved in an accident in May. Fred Loya’s driver was 100% at fault. I even have text proving it. I had full coverage and had to file with my insurance to get a rental car and my insurance ended up paying me for my totaled car. We have medical totalling almost 9000$. They are refusing to pay all medical and lost wages and only offered my driver $1000 for injuries and pain and suffering. Our claims adjuster is Derek **, he never returns our calls, we are constantly calling trying to get an update or status on our claim and he never has an answer. We aren't trying to get rich, just want a fair offer. This company is a joke. They have the worst customer support ever. Our next step is an attorney.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

This insurance company is horrible. We were hit from a driver covered by this insurance company on Monday 8/28. Today is 09/05 and we are still not in a rental car, my smashed vehicle is still sitting in my carport and for my husband, myself and 2 children under the age of 9 years old, they have only offered us $500 for injury settlement. It's impossible to get in touch with your adjustor or even a supervisor. We have been given the run around from the start. They are horrible.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I was rear ended by one of their insured. All I wanted was my car fixed. You have to speak to different people in different departments (out of state) for every aspect. They have all been unprofessional. They have "regulations" on when and how you get a rental. Mind you, I was hit. They came in very low with estimate to repair my car. Of course it cost a lot more than estimated. The body shop is waiting for the supplement check from Fred Loya insurance. My car has been in the shop for over a week. They are refusing to pay any more of my rental, leaving me to pay out of pocket. This whole ordeal has caused me severe emotional distress and anxiety. I really don't know how they stay in business.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Fred Loya is the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with. I got into an auto accident on June 19th, 2017, I finally got my car back today. They did a half ass estimate the first time, and the body shop had to call them twice to do a supplemental. My claims adjuster Clarrisa ** lacks customer service skills, just as well as the customer service department, they refused to give me a rental, amen for the body shop they have me one! I hope and pray I never get into another auto accident with a Fred Loya driver!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I been with Fred Loya for couple years now and every time I go to make payment their staff are rude and tend to over charge me in 6 months. Time I went from paying 74 dollars a month to 103 dollars For Liability. Is it me or is this company robbing people blind. Am just tired of dealing with these kind **. I will be searching for another company soon. Go ** yourself Fred Loya insurance. You’re nothing but god damn rip off. Don't buy insurance from this ** no good piece of ** company.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have not one good thing to say about how they are handling my loss. I've been without transportation for two months, I asked for a rental car they declined. Signed over my totaled trucks title a month ago. It's been sold and I'm waiting for my settlement. I've lost $3000 in wages. Horrible business.

Original review: July 8, 2017

On May 25 my car was struck by another driver who run the red light. Needless to say that I have been insured by Fred ** Loya. Since the very next day my car has been sitting in the body shop waiting on them to get the repairs paid. My adjuster Eita has the worst customer service etiquette I have ever experienced. The supposed to be investigator Jasson good for nothing. Doesn't even know what's going on even if it hit him on the face. Do yourself a favor and never get insured by this company.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Fred Loya's insured hit my car, she was found at fault and received a ticket, but Fred Loya will only pay 60% of the estimated damages, claiming "Driver Inattention" on my driver. How can you not pay the claim @ 100% when your driver was at fault?

Original review: July 6, 2017

This company is crap, in every aspect. How are you even in business, when you obviously cannot do a job you're supposedly paid to do? My daughter was parked at a restaurant and one of their "insured drivers" hit her car as they were pulling into a parking space. Right away the other party wanted to send my daughter to their own preferred body shop, in another county. My daughter made a claim with Fred Loya, went to the office, they took pics, and never got back to her, until she started calling 24/7. They stated they can't carry on with the claim because their insured driver will not return their calls, to give her statement?? They have bad communication amongst each other, between California and Texas. None of them know **! It's like a revolving door or no one knows **! Your best bet is to just sue for damages because you will get nowhere with these people! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE service, never dealt with a company like this!

Original review: May 30, 2017

My daughter was in an accident with one of Fred Loya's insured customers. He was at fault according to the police report. My daughter has been calling them for months with no results. The claims adjuster stopped answering her emails and her calls. She has been trying to talk to someone for weeks. When she does speak to someone they tell her she needs to speak to someone else. Fred Loya is giving her the runaround. They offered her 250 when her hospital bills were over 3000. The accident occurred in December 2015. These people are unprofessional and lack integrity.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I have had an unbelievably awful experience with this insurance company. I was assigned to someone named Elita ** as a claims representative. I asked her for her license number and she told me she did not have one. Then she laughed at me! I asked for the license of the other claims rep and got the same response. Got most recent correspondence from someone named Priscilla ** also a claims representative and not licensed. This started on April 4th of 2017 and as of today May 23rd they still have not fixed my car. I cannot get to work. The car is unsafe to drive according to everyone who has looked at it that is a professional claims service representative, including Toyota's service manager where I bought the vehicle and independent body shops.

However, Fred Loya did not even ask to see my vehicle which was backed into by their insured. Their same insured driver backed into another vehicle in a similar fashion right before my accident and admitted this to me and admitted fault to multiple people the day of the accident. Now says I have to "prove" that I was not at fault after almost two months of stalling, although she backed into me. This place is a scam insurance company. Just Google them and see for yourself. They do not do any sort of proper claims procedure, where you take your car in to get it looked at by a trained professional mechanic or they come to you. They takes the word of the insured in spite of their record of hitting other cars, photographs of damages and other forensic evidence.

I was backed into by one of their customers who did not even have a current insurance card. She told me she had hit another vehicle the same way recently (backing into them). In spite of her admission of guilt, to others at the scene, after almost two months I was denied repairs Fred Loya Company. Now I have to fight to get my car repaired. This is completely wrong and unfair. My car has been well kept and maintained and I am the second owner. I cannot drive to work and will have to take Uber or public transportation as the hood can fly up and hit the windshield and shatter it while driving on the freeway. They should be heavily fined and put out of business. Since the accident every body shop and repair center I speak to when I mention the name Fred Loya says, "Oh no". Why are they even in business?

Original review: April 22, 2017

One of their policy holder hit my car and he even admitted that it is his fault but still these people are lying to me saying the hitter did not see me in his backup camera. I had call my adjuster ELITA ** and left 6 voicemails on different occasions and she never picked my call. Finally I had to call other customer representative to reach her. Then they are offering 250 dollar for my damage where my damage cost 1000 dollar. And they talk to me like if I'm bothering them by calling at their house. IF ANYONE WANT TO CLAIM THEIR LOSSES PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'M GOING TO SUE THEM BIG TIME. If anyone want to claim their losses email me your info at **. My lawyer will work with each one of us.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I've read some of these reviews and have come to the conclusion that most people leaving reviews are a bunch of whiny, stuck up **. I had an accident a couple of months ago and the other driver was at fault and was a Loya customer. I am NOT a Loya customer. Because I only carried liability on my car, my insurance company was less than helpful. I called Loya and filed a claim against their customer and was immediately taken care of. An adjuster was assigned to the case, my car was inspected at the tow yard and an offer was made on the car, that was listed as totaled. Because it was a 17-year-old Isuzu Rodeo with over 260,000 miles on it, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of money. I figured that anything over $1000 was going to be gravy.

Their offer was for considerably more than that, so I was pleased. Not pleased that I lost my Rodeo, but that I was able to get more than I expected. I was able to use that money towards a nice Toyota RAV4. Through the whole process I was treated with respect, I was kept in the loop and once the paperwork was filled out and sent back, I had a check within a couple of days. I am nothing, but pleased with my experience with Loya, even though I am not one of their customers and that's why they get five stars from me.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Fred Loya Insurance is a horrible car insurance company. They sold me a policy and presented me with all these great benefits but left out all the fine print. Every time I ran into a problem involving my vehicle they always seemed to come out with an excuse on why they couldn't help me without me having to pay more money. Right before I had about enough of them and decided to cancel my policy they asked me for my month payment and said they couldn't go forward with any actions until I paid for another month. After canceling I immediately demanded a refund for the money I had just paid since I wouldn't be using their services anymore. The manager said there was nothing he could do and that he could not refund me. I was enraged. I can't believe how horrible they treat their customers. Fred Loya is a thief.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Worst company ever!!! They called me saying my account was closed and my payment could not be processed. I paid with the same account immediately on the phone with my agent, only to get notice later that day that they had drafted my account again for the payment. Have been getting nothing but a runaround now for 3 weeks. I changed to a real insurance company. My agent in Mesa, Arizona at the Rodney Young agency has failed to return my calls all week after basically calling me a liar. However, the bank statement does not lie. Never never never do business with this crappy place.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

A Fred Loya customer hit two of our parked cars. One was my daily driver (totaled it), the second belonged to my brother in law. After following standard procedure, filing a police report, having their appraiser come out to take pictures, and giving them 3 or 4 statements, it seems like I am already getting the runaround. They wanted to tow away my car "while they investigated" but I refused to let them take it fearing they would use it as leverage to lowball me. I had a bad experience with them back in 2002 when my neighbor backed into my 98 Camry, ruining my read bumper and driver side rear quarter panel. After bullying me, they offered me $600 dollars and nothing more. They told me to take it or leave it, that was all I was going to get. The repair actually cost me much more, so I already know about their predatory practices.

In this case now, they are also asking me personal questions about their client, and myself, such as age, something I thought was a bit out of the norm. I challenged them by asking why they don't already have all that info on file considering that is their client. I am already worried that my loss is going to be great. Reading all these reviews, I am preparing for a long battle with these idiots. Apparently they fail to write down any of the info given, and after asking the same questions 3 or 4 times it almost seems like they are waiting for you to trip up. What the hell is wrong with them? I will update my post when we get more info. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

There was an accident and Fred Loya is my insurance so now they don't want to pay and told us we was not paid up when we have auto pay we can see what comes out our accounts. So they decided to drop us as a client. These people are fraud and take people's money.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

So got my bill taken out of account... 40.00 more... no notice... Go complain. Oh well. They pretty much laugh. Said I will cancel. Then get my notice after about the increase and it's 50 to cancel. Worst company ever!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Save yourself and do not use this insurance company. They drafted payment from my account three times instead of just one and now my account is overdraft. According to them they only had proof "in the system" of one payment drafted so I had to go out of my way to an office and show them my bank statement for proof. It seemed like they were going to handle the situation and they told me they would have my money refunded by Tuesday December 13th 2016. This is already a stretch for me considering I cannot access my money because my account is overdrawn. (By the way my bank also charged me an overdraft fee). Now it is Tuesday and they still haven't refunded my money. I called customer service to see what the situation is and the lady says it's going to take 3-5 business days to refund my money.

I was lied to twice and told that I was going to get my refund right away and now they are telling me to wait 3-5 business days with no money. And then when I ask if they could take me off the auto pay she says I need to go to an office AGAIN and have them take me off. AND she said they are gonna charge me more for not doing auto-pay. "So you're telling me you messed up my account and now you are gonna charge me more?" I am so upset and I will be leaving Fred Loya as soon as they refund me my money. DO NOT USE FRED LOYA FOR YOUR AUTO INSURANCE. They will steal your money then act like it's an inconvenience for them to give you a refund.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

So the other day a Fred Loya customer hits my truck in the front end trashing it. He got the ticket and pled guilty to it. Now Fred Loya says they have to investigate if it was their driver was at fault or not so Ian out of a truck. This happened 3 weeks ago no rental car so I am out of work. This company should not be able to operate or sell insurance to any person since they cannot cover their policy's. I really think someone like the board of insurance should take a closer look into some of these little company like Fred Loya because they are scam artists; would not recommend them to any person and if you're already a customer shame on you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I went to a locate office during my lunch hour so I could add my new car onto the policy and remove my old vehicle but was not allowed to since the policy is under my husband's and my name. Which I had already called the 1-800 number 3 times before going to a local office so I would know what was needed and to avoid any problems or delays since I was going during my 1 hour lunch time. Well what I got was terrible, rude service and was informed that I could not add another vehicle to the policy without adding another driver when we don't need an additional driver on our policy. The employee was very rude and unhelpful and I was not allowed to remove my old vehicle from the policy either. I was also told in a very rude manner that I was not allowed to take my old car off the policy without my husband being present.

When I had called the 800 number I was informed that I could go in and add the new vehicle to the policy and remove the other vehicle and pay my the prorated amount but I was assured that it would be that simple and that my husband could go at a later time to sign the documents since he is always working. I have always heard horror stories about Fred Loya and never really believed them until now. They are providing a service to the customer and they should be able to assist and help the client as much as possible. The representatives need training on how to be courteous and be able to provide the service that is needed to the clients. It seems like the representatives for the 800 number are better trained than the ones at the local offices. DO NOT GO TO THE EDINBURG, TEXAS location located on West University Drive. The service SUCKS!! I am seriously considering canceling our policy with Fred Loya.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Today I contacted them because I have traded in my vehicle. I had a 2014 Nissan Versa and currently have a 2015 Elantra. I traded in the Nissan for a 2017 Dodge journey. So I went into the Fontana Cardenas branch here in California. I asked to have the Nissan removed and add the new vehicle. First of all they just withdrew 261 from my account Saturday. So the girl there makes me sign a paper stating my agreement to remove the Nissan, yet they mentioned that I would be 20 for adding a vehicle plus the difference. OK so the contract states the charge, so I didn't argue that then she tells me that I have to pay 97 aside from the 261. She said my total each month was estimated to 311.

So I asked if we minus the 52 that has increased in my policy plus the 20 for the change what is the 25 remaining charge for? She didn't know and advised me to call corporate. So then I call the Corona branch where I first started my policy (Magnolia). Here I was provided an exact quote which was 305 but in order to start I had to pay 160 today. Once again I asked what are the charges for? 20 change in policy fee and 44 for the difference. Total of 64 yet once again I couldn't get an answer to extra 96 dollars being charged so I was informed to contact corporate.

When I called 2 representatives couldn't give me an answer so then I spoke to the manager and he said it was a deposit fee. I've been informed that Fred Loya doesn't charge deposit fees especially if I'm just changing vehicles. He said that the initial payment doesn't require one but after that for any add one they charge deposit. Then he said that every month they charge 12 dollar fee for installment. He David ** stated "it was for all the letters mailed to you like bills and policy card," by the way it's not a card it's a piece of paper. Now once again David the c/s manager could not explain charges. He said he would call tomorrow for an answer. So if I canceled today I would expect to be refunded the difference. Out of 261 they should deduct two days of service plus 50 for cancellation fee. Plus a reimbursement for 15 days a total of 130.50 paid the first month.

When I started the policy they charged a month ahead and 15 days later they charged the full amount again (the second payment) they said it was because my first payment, half of it covers 15 days and the other half covers 15 more days after missing a pay if in case I don't pay the last month. The answer I got from David was that he did not know. They are really stealing from people they should be investigated.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I was rear ended in an accident and multiple cars were involved. I called to make a claim and I was told to call back the next day. I called back to make a claim, talked to one rude lady only to be transferred to another rude lady whom tried to twist my words as to if the accident was my fault. I asked if they were going to send someone out for pictures she stated "we don't do that." I called on a Thursday and was promised a call back. No one called. I called back Friday. I was told that my adjuster was changed. Now it's the weekend. I am car less, and keep staring at this part to another vehicle lodged into the front of my car. I wish I would've known about their poor service and concern before now. And yet they want to recruit workers. Never will I work for a company like this!!! Awful but I must admit the locals here in Birmingham are nice. Get a real insurance company. Might be more money but it's worth it!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I have family who are current employees with this company, even they advise to not purchase insurance with this company. They are aware of the many frauds this company do to working people. When I was with them I did submitted two claims with this fraudulent insurance company. Both claims we towards my uninsured motorist coverage, which I was supposed to be insured. First claim they came up stating I didn't report to the police so they couldn't do anything. The second claim they stated I had comprehensive and collision so they couldn't help me because it was less than my deductible. Which is unlawful because there is no deductible for uninsured in the state of Colorado. Besides this the treatment they give paying customers is just trash. There is no such thing as customer service whatsoever. I don't recommend this insurance to anyone. It's the worst I've had.

Fred Loya Company Information