1.1/5 (260 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States.

Pros

• Full-service and proprietary offices where people regularly go
  • Claims program that allows you to get paid on the day of filing if all requirements are in order
  • Affordable rates for non-standard insurance
  • Agents required to settle physical damage claims within 24 hours
  • Coverage for drivers of high-powered sports cars, custom built cars and other specialized cars

Cons

• Claims processing times can vary
  • Available only in 11 states

Bottom Line

Fred Loya is a Texas-based car insurance company that serves 11 western and southwestern states. It offers both standard and non-standard insurance regardless of driving record or credit standing. Customers appreciate their affordable rates.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Fred Loya Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: April 24, 2022

The hotel was disgusting so I could not stay. I asked for a refund but I have not been able to get a refund. It's like, call this person, they are like, call the hotel, straight runaround. I ended up having to pay out of pocket to get another room at a higher rate and last minute. I would not use this service, there are other services similar to this company. Try your luck somewhere else. This is my honest opinion.

Original review: April 11, 2022

On March 4th I was rear-ended by a vehicle insured by Fred loya. The at fault driver did not have a license and got the ticket and provided fred loya insurance card! However 38 days later of the investigation fred loya won't cover my car damages because their insured car was sold and they couldn't get in contact with the at fault driver!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

A Fred Loya customer ran through my fence and destroyed not only the fence but a gate opener and the landscaping. I had to constantly call and finally received a check for half of what the damage came to. In hindsight, I should have let my great insurance company go after them. I think I would have received more and then Loya would have to pay my deductible as well. Would serve them right to have to pay extra. Horrible company.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I created an account just to write this and it seems like many others have suffered through similar fates. The scummiest business I have ever had the displeasure of trying to do business with. I was hit by one of their drivers in a minor fender bender that did $500 worth of damage. I got the driver's info and policy number, contacted this location and they took pictures to send to the adjustor 500+ miles away. I sent along my own pictures and video evidence of the crash to the adjustor and never heard anything. Two months went by and after multiple phone calls, the adjustor finally called me back and said they never received my emails and their driver said their car was never in an accident, despite there being VIDEO PROOF that they hit me, me having all their information, etc.

To make sure they were getting my video, I contacted their general email where they were responded to messages up until I sent them the video, then radio silence. I called this office and sent them the video, where they confirmed on the phone they received the email, and were told to pass it along to the adjustor. Still nothing. Judging by others' reviews, if you do not drive with them, they will do everything in their power to avoid you and not pay for damages. If you do have insurance through them, they will hook you in with their low premiums but absolutely screw you over with their sky-high deductibles and payout much lower than the damage actually is. I cannot understand how they are allowed to practice in such bad faith. Nothing would make me happier than seeing them shut down for malpractice.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I was hit by a car insured by Fred Loya Insurance. The driver was driving illegally under aged with 2 toddlers, on the car booster seat without a driver's license, only a Mexican passport. She hit me on the rear bumper. I called police to the scene, but they did not do an official police report because they said no one was injured or intoxicated. Fred Loya only gave me 30% of damages and were nearly impossible to contact by phone and email during the whole scenario. I tried to call them thousands of time but no response. No Good collusion companies like Caliber or Service King will work with them. Please follow the driver and family in this case otherwise only deal them with all your legal rights. I am not sure why government even give license to these type of insurance companies.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Fred Loya is very sneaky with how they word things and what they will/won't cover. Their cheap rates isn't cheap, it's actually overcharging you for liability. On Declaration Pages, it'll show $500 deductibles on your Comp and Collision but in reality, it's $500 to your finance company. It's $1,000 on your Comp and $2,000 on your collision. Basically you're not covered at all because $1,000 on Comp is literally nothing and $2,000 for collision will leave you in debt. They will also refuse to change coverage and unless you threaten to cancel, they will then change the coverage.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

On 03/17/2021, I was hit by a car insured by Fred Loya Insurance. The driver was driving illegally without a US driver's license, only a Mexican passport. We were both driving along a 3-lane road--I was in the left-most lane and she was in the middle. She made an illegal left turn from the middle lane attempting to turn into an intersection and caused the accident, hitting the front passenger's side of my car. I called police to the scene, but they did not do an official police report because they said no one was injured or intoxicated. Fred Loya only granted me 70% of damages and were nearly impossible to contact by phone during the entire process. I have left numerous phone messages and have asked to talk to the insurance adjuster and a manager, and no one ever answers or returns my calls.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I was rear-ended in an accident, their client is responsible for the accident. I have filed all the evidence: photos, police reports, my statements. But they can't reach their client. Like they can not contact their client after almost a month of the collision happened. All parties' statements are ready, except their insured. My car is still sitting there unfixed. They gave me an estimate of 1450, but the actual cost of repair is 5900 dollars. They gave low estimate. Trash company with trash insured drivers.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I have been with Fred Loya for two years. Not only is it the law in Texas that you must have insurance you want to have it in case you have an accident. I had no idea how horrible the service was in the claims department until I had an accident. Very unresponsive, very unprofessional. Overall I just feel like I’ve been taking my money that I pay out to make sure I’m insured and covered. If I feel like I’ve been ripped off honestly at the end of the day you pay for what you get. They are very cheap insurance and you’re going to get cheapest service!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Vehicle was damaged by one of their insuree in 2020. Shortly thereafter, I started a claim with their office. They assigned two claim adjusters by the name of Joseph ** and Anarosa **. If you have low expectations for an insurance provider, below average expectation on follow-ups, and drop commitments then Fred Loya would be your perfect insurance provider. What to expect from this insurance provider... slow turn arounds on claims, below-average customer service, and zero callbacks from their staff. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Fred Loya Company Information