Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Fred Loya is a Texas-based car insurance company that serves 11 western and southwestern states. It offers both standard and non-standard insurance regardless of driving record or credit standing. Customers appreciate their affordable rates.

PROS

• Full-service and proprietary offices where people regularly go
  • Claims program that allows you to get paid on the day of filing if all requirements are in order
  • Affordable rates for non-standard insurance
  • Agents required to settle physical damage claims within 24 hours
  • Coverage for drivers of high-powered sports cars, custom built cars and other specialized cars

CONS

• Claims processing times can vary
  • Available only in 11 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Fred Loya Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

It is obvious to anyone who has ever done business with the Fred Loya Company, that the people don't care about being ethical or professional or even nice. The worst employees are based out of the Texas office - Ramon ** is a dirty rat and doesn't listen to people, he is just trying to make money. Alejandra ** was probably trained by him and she is not only unprofessional, unethical and immature, she is prejudice and has no conscience. They are a nightmare to work with and crooked and slimy.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

This is not even called a company. Such a scam... My less than 1 year old vehicle my vehicle was hit from behind by their insured client while I was stopped behind traffic light in the right-bound lane to turn right. We both felt the contact and jumped out of the car to inspect the damage. My rear bumper and license plate were clearly damaged! The other driver instantly denied that she even hit my car which was mind blowing... We called the police to come out and file a report; which he did. Called Loya Insurance to file a claim and took us 2-3 hours on the phone to report out and answer their questions. 10 days later we got a letter that the claim was DENIED! This was stated on the letter: "THE DRIVER OF THE INSURED VEHICLE WAS NOT THE PROXIMATE CAUSE OF THE LOSS." Are you serious? Is this even real? I am speechless!!! I have no idea why these scammers are even allowed to conduct business in our country?!

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

One of their clients hit my car and dealing w/ Fred Loya has been a nightmare since day one. I will never consider them when shopping for my own insurance nor would I recommend them, just the opposite! Their customer service is terrible and the people in the rental department don't call back like they say they will, they stopped paying for the rental car 8 days before my car was fixed, not a reputable company!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

First of all why this place is still I don't understand. They rip everybody off. Just look at the reviews. He'll just Got hit by Fred Loya driver, got assigned some punk named Elgardo ** but they called him Eddy, called he answered in Spanish, and as soon as he heard my Southern accent he started just being rude. My car is not drivable so since their driver t boned us I asked about a rental and I told him my 4yr old leg is broke. We have an appointment to get her cast removed Thursday. This guy laughed and said "that's not my problem. It's not my fault you're not responsible enough to get your daughter to the doctor." Shook by the comment I said, "So your driver wrecked my car and now It's not you responsibility?" He then said, "I'm sorry you're poor and can't afford a rental." Even said at one point, "You want better service? Use your own insurance..." I'm for real. This guy is just a **.

I asked, "Do you have a daughter? He said yea but it's not my daughter..." Now I'm starting to get mad. I know the only reason I was being treated this way is because I was **. It was the way his voiced changed when he heard me speak but we go so I say so, "Because we got hit by your driver my car is undrivable so I have to go rent a car for 2 to 3 wks maybe longer at a hundred dollars a day. That's close to 3000 dollars all right before Christmas so now my kids have to suffer." He said, "It's not my problem," and hung up. I called him back. He answered by saying, "What do you not understand? It's not my problem," and hung up again.

I called back because I wanted to know will I be reimbursed the money I'm going to pay for this rent a car because we got hit. Well he had some lady answer the phone. I asked her that. She laughed. You could hear that ** laughing in the background too and she said no. I pleaded with telling her my daughter has appointment, school, my job, my wife's job, daily errands and I told her that it's right before Christmas. She smirked. That sorry p.o.s. laughed and she said, "I'm sorry you can't handle your responsibility," and hung up.

They ruined our Christmas with not a care. They are heartless cruel people. I beg anyone reading this don't go there. I really think they are just insurance to rip off illegals. Fred Loya, you're going to burn in hell. I ask you how can you do this to people. You're nothing but a vulture preying on the poor. I don't care how much money you have. You the worst kinda human but your people got the wrong guy. This time I'm not going to stop writing, telling and suing till me and my family get a full apology. We did not deserve to be treated that way plus after your driver caused this you will meet God one day Fred and Eddy.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

On November 11 2019 my wife was on her way to work. She was stopped behind traffic at a light. She was in the righthand lane because she was going to turn right when she reached the intersection where the traffic light was. While stopped she was hit in rear driver side quarter panel by a black SUV evidently trying to get in the righthand lane. Both my wife and the SUV driver pulled into a parking lot to exchange info. The driver of the SUV did not have a license but did have a Mexico passport and expired insurance card. We did learn later she was insured at the time but did not have the latest insurance card with her. My wife took pictures of documents and auto damage of both vehicles. Our insurance determined she was not at fault because she was stopped. The other drivers insurance (Fred Loya) also denied the claim for damages. They are well known for doing this. If you are ever in an accident we hope the vehicle is not insured by Fred Loya.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

It started with them running my payment 10 days in advance granted I had the money in my account but it somehow declined. Mind you no notification from my bank that something was declined. So we call the day before our payment is due to find out what is going on. Without much explanation they said we had too many claims and that the "underwriters" made the decision to no longer insure us going forward. I told them I have been a loyal customer for almost 6 years now. When we asked for more details as to what the claims are they stated it was windshield replacements starting back from Dec 2014. Mind you there were a total of 4 replacements for the entirety of our business with them. With 1 replacement in the year I also live in Phoenix, AZ where we get bad dust storms so it has to be replaced 1x a year.

I was told if we went into the office that day Saturday before they close they could help me. It was 1:45 PM when I spoke with them and made it to the office by 2:15 PM. They stated that location didn't close until 3PM. When I arrived they were closed up for the day and on their way out. So a useless trip. So now I am driving my vehicle with no car insurance for unneccessary trips because of them. It should have been a red flag when they insured me without a license.

To make matters worse as I am sitting at the closest restaurant to them searching for car insurance on my phone. It pops up that I was involved in a car accident in 2017. I have a perfect driving record. No accidents and no tickets. So the fact that they report these as accidents and get an attitude when you ask them nicely to fix it blows my mind.

Apparently being a loyal customer means nothing to them and it's extremely disappointing. I use to recommend them all the time because I never had issues but after reading others experience plus my own I would tell people to run. Believe it or not Geico has way better rates plus better coverage and they are an ACTUAL insurance company who stands behind their name.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My car was involved in an accident in July of 2019 which I have full coverage insurance. Another lady in another car drove us off the road. We had got a police report showing the accident and the lady's insurance did not cover our car which was a total loss. Fred Loya didn't even back us up and our car was a total loss and now when it comes to me getting the report or a copy saying that they denied my claim Fred Loya insurance will not even give me a copy with my name under it stating that they denied my insurance so that Gap can take over and cover what they can with the car. This is a bad insurance company. I would not ever recommend this company to no one because what's the point of paying for full cover coverage insurance and you can't use it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This last accident I was involved in, NOT MY FAULT, I was an innocent bystander who was hit after the accident occurred in front of me. Fred Loya totaled my car and then proceeded to treat me like I was at fault when I obtained a lawyer. Long story short, they took over two months to finalize the total loss and they’ll probably claim it was my fault for the long process. When I went in to remove the total loss vehicle from the policy and remove myself (I’m done with subpar insurance companies) my mom (second driver on policy) wanted to remain as a client with Fred Loya. They told her they need approval to “ALLOW” her to proceed with insurance through them because of the amount of claims on the previous policy. WHAT?!?

FOR THE LAST 10 years NOT ONCE, has Fred Loya returned my deductible when an accident was not my fault. They’ve collected their premiums and then treat you like a criminal when opening a claim. I plan on including them in my lawsuit for my last accident. I would recommend anyone dealing with Fred Loya to lawyer up and go after them. Their claim of “no broker fees” is also false advertisement. They need to be investigated for fraudulent practices.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We were were hit by a customer of Fred Loya in a parking lot in Sept of 2019. They were unhelpful from the start. My take on it is they are interested in collecting the premiums but will do what it took to get out of paying. If my insurance did that to another person and it was my fault, I would be mad! The purpose of insurance is to pay for damage when a mistake is made. Fred Loya has a bad reputation from everyone I talked to starting with my agent, my adjuster, etc. Fred Loya wouldn't confirm if the customer had insurance since the driver, Chris, didn't have a current insurance card. I had the policy info, name and address. A photo of the proof of Chris' insurance. I then called my insurance co. (Safeco) who were great.

The Fred Loya customer, Chris, backed into my husband in a parking lot as my husband was driving by. Damage to our car was the driver's door, rear door and rear quarter panel which was over 4k of damage and will take 2 weeks to repair. Thus 2 weeks without a car. Fred Loya said they will only accept liability for 1/2 of the damage because Chris only backed out only 1 foot implying that my husband was a foot from all the parking spaces on the left with 2 way traffic. Jokes on them because I took a photo right after that blows away Fred Loya's position. Safeco reviewed and interviewed both parties and found no liability on our part. Keep in mind, my daughter and I were walking up to the scene 30 seconds after it happened. They are trying to avoid paying.

This will now go to Subrogation and then Arbitration. I'm tossing around allowing it to go to Arbitration or to pay Safeco back and sue Chris in small claims court for the full amount. It will be a shock to him when he has to come up with 4k including the deductible. If customers had to pay for the damage when Fred Loya refuses to pay, it will affect their bottom line. I suggest that folks do this if they can. At a minimum, sue for the deductible if they try to get out of it. Since they are being such jerks, I'm going to file with regulatory boards and news stations. In the unlikely event that I get stuck with a higher premium and have to pay my deductible, I will get the $2k ish out of them in reviews.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Fred Loya is the worst insurance I've ever delt with. I've been with Fred Loya for years. Recently I was in an accident where I was rear ended, an unavoidable accident which was not my fault. My vehicle was totaled. In a case like my mine you would think that the insurance company that you've been a loyal customer for years would be sympathetic or have your back. They are the most unprofessional, unsympathetic, horrible customer service, rude group of people I've ever delt with. Not one time was I even asked if I was ok. Not one mention of a loaner car.

They are no help at all and they are a waste of money. They will take advantage of you rather than try to help you in any way. They are so confused that they rather total my vehicle for a higher amount of money, than to fix it for the cheaper price the collision company said it would cost to fix it. They make broken promises about calling on a certain day and then never hear from anyone. I was given the name of my claim adjuster when I first filed the claim but when he finally called me after 3 to 4 weeks after the accident he said I was lying and said he just assigned my claim. ******Don't waste your money with these people. ******

Take a Quiz