Find the Best Match

Compare Quotes and Save on Auto Insurance

FIND MY MATCH
1.00/5

Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Find the Best Match

Compare Quotes and Save on Auto Insurance

Find My Match

199 Fred Loya Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I currently walked in your store in 1201 Woodhaven Blvd. Ste 1233 Ft. Worth Tx 76112. I try to purchase insurance with you all. I got it with ** and employee that worked there. I gave her my money with no problem. So I went to show the car lot they would not accept, my insurance because do a poorly job as an company. Something that I did not know so I try to get my money back. She said no, I was like, "I just gave you cash like 30 minutes ago." I was mad that I as a customer called her manager ** and she said I could not get my money. I will never again ask for your services. I strongly feel l like I was taken advantage of. I am currently looking into legal services.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have not missed a payment in two years since I've been with them. Missed payment by a couple of days. Called over the phone to make payment and they will not take it. I have to go in a office and pay. No loyalty whatsoever.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I paid my insurance the day it was due, Fred Loya stole another payment the next day. Then when I called to get a refund a worker told me that all they could do was “credit it over to the next month.” Remind you I’m on a month to month plan. It took me going up there in person to act a fool in order for them to just agree to a refund. They told me it would take 3-5 business days, today makes the 5th day yet I STILL HAVENT RECEIVED MY REFUND.

I called the 800 number and they told me THEY ONLY GIVE REFUNDS ON TUESDAYS. I’ve already been patient and broke with my account sitting in a negative because they like to steal, Wasn’t able to get any formula for my infant child, lucky I have family that helped and I still needed my family to assist with a percentage of my rent, which is a big inconvenience because THE MONEY WAS IN MY ACCOUNT BEFORE THEY DECIDED TO STEAL IT & Now they want me to be patient another 4 days to receive my payment. They have by far been nothing more than an INCONVENIENCE towards me and my family. I recommend that NO ONE use this insurance company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My Mother was hit at a red light from behind. The woman has Fred Loya Ins. My Mother is 82 years old and they are refusing to pay for her rental car for the remainder of the time it takes to fix her car. They are accusing the Ford Body shop of falsifying documents. How does Mr. Loya sleep at night with his name on insurance that would hurt an 82 year old woman? I have always heard bad things and read very few decent reviews about this company. The claims department was quick to start the claim; but has obviously decided not to pay what they owe.

Just want to warn you not to believe that this company will do anything that is right and just. They will get away with what they can get away with. There are medical bills yet to pay, we will see if they actually pay those or deny them. I have not talked to anyone of any nationality but Mexican. Why do they not have to follow the EEOC laws in this company? I would pay more for my insurance than to ever have to deal with these people again!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been buying auto insurance for 45 years and have never seen a company nickel and dime a customer like they do. Most auto insurance companies take only a few days to get you a LOE (letter of experience) which is what some insurance companies want from your previous insurance company to show you have not had any lapse in your coverage.

Loya's policy is 30 days to send that out which can affect getting coverage from another company and cause you to pay a higher rate. Loya insurance company charges you a fee when you add or remove a vehicle from your policy. If you find a company with better rates for more coverage, Loya insurance company will then charge you a $50.00 cancellation fee. I have never been with a company that charges you a fee to cancel. This greedy company seems to take advantage of their customers in every way possible. I would stay away from this company unless you don't mind having the company nickel and dime you to death.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have never dealt with a shadier insurance company. I recently got backed into by a Fred Loya policyholder. She claimed responsibility and she knows she backed into me and I had the right of way even if my truck was moving forward. But, I was stopped 6 feet behind her for at least 30 seconds as we were both exiting a driveway onto a residential street. So, even after their own client tells them the truth about the accident, good ole Fred Loya adjuster comes back saying “it’s a 50/50” and refuses to claim responsibility for their customer. She’s even called them countless times to tell them it was indeed her fault. My only recourse now is to file with my own insurance through my comprehensive coverage and hope they can recoup my deductible and out of pocket rental car costs. I guess like everyone else on here “don’t get hit by a Fred Loya consumer” and if you do don’t waste your time with them!!! Call your own insurance and file a claim.

Original review: July 17, 2018

On May 29, 2018 a customer of Fred Loya who was at fault for the accident, he accept the guilt, hit my car and they not been paid yet. Fred Loya says that his client did not want to cooperate and that's why they did not pay me. Your client hides something. The adjuster is a spoiled person, not professional, rude and does not know how to treat people. It is the worst insurance company that exists. I have not been paid and two months have passed. My auto continuous crash and they do not pay because their customer does not want to cooperate, his customer hides something. They are irresponsible, liar, do not pay, the adjuster is a bitter and the researcher of the case does nothing. They are the worst.

Original review: July 11, 2018

What a bunch of bull. Fred Loya Insurance admitted full liability months ago but refuse to pay out to Geico or my deductible, stating it's still in subrogation. Thank God for Geico replacing my car; you won't catch me dead recommending Fred Loya or any of their related companies to anyone.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The worst insurance company ever! Every time I have had to deal with them they have been rude. They never want to work with you and do everything at their convenience. Not yours! They could care less if they lose business with longtime customers. Now imagine new incoming customers! DO NOT GET INSURANCE THRU FRED LOYA/NATIONAL INSURANCE! I spoke with more than one person to let them know if I didn't get the help I need I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau! The representative told me that if that's what I wanted I could do that. THEY DO NOT CARE!

Original review: May 18, 2018

I received horrible service from Fred Loya. Office staff inefficient, unprofessional, uneducated and try to scare people to doing what they want. In addition, terrible claims service. Reps don't follow-up or say they will call and don't. I experienced an accident in which I was not at fault. Fred Loya denied and closed my claim without advising me. I requested it to be re-opened to no avail. They did however offer me possibility of filing claim on my insurance. Stated my insurance would not increase. I declined. They also failed to give the other insurance my statement. I had to do all the work. Contacted other insurance and provided all info requested. The other insurance took care of me.

This incident was a major red flag as to how they handle their business so I changed insurance carrier. I went into the office to cancel showed them my new dec page. They cancelled two days after the date of the new insurance. I caught the error at the office, but the rep could not fix it at the time, but stated it would be processed correctly. A week later I received a letter of cancellation with wrong cancellation date. I went back to the office, explained the whole situation and the rep said he could not back date. He stated that because a week had gone by they couldn't do anything??? Give me a break.

I explained that I needed that cancellation date backdated, that I had proof of my new dec page, but he insisted he could not do anything. He even contacted his manager via phone. I explained to him that by them not changing the cancellation date my premium refund would be pro-rated less those two days. After all this all he offered to do was give me a 1-800 number as he was unable to further assist me. I do not recommend Fred Loya to anyone based on my experience. Peace of mind in the event an accident happens is more important to me even if I have to pay more.

Original review: May 18, 2018

** - Employee (Female Mid 50s) at Fred Loya Insurance at 6708 S Cage STE C Pharr, TX , 78577. Very bad service from both employees, Ms. ** changed my quote price as I came into their location to purchase a quote given to me the day before. Service quality declined further after her first question which was, "Are you self employed?", to which I answered, "I own 3 online businesses and keep a full time job at **". True question should have been, "Do you use your vehicle for your businesses or to travel to your job on a daily basis?" In order to assess my use for the newly acquired vehicle. She kept on repeating that she would charge more and modify my account so no other location or agent could sell me their policy which was quoted the day before.

Apart from being rude since the moment I sat down at her desk, she did nothing to correct her behavior or apologize when I politely asked her to reconsider her modifying my original quote. I am an Architect/Designer that works from my laptop at home and I keep a full time job 44 hrs/week as an Interiorist. Ms ** modified my quote to charge me 60% more than the quoted price because she decided to take my professional services instead of my full time job. Thus increasing my quote under the argument that I use the vehicle for self employment which was her assumption (my professional services do not include any in which I travel to you, as all the services are paid and provided online from afar.) Fred Loya Insurance might be a good company however with employees like Ms. ** nothing extraordinary in terms of service can be expected if this is the way their employees treat paying customers.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was side swiped by a Fred Loya client. The client was trying to pass off previous vehicle damage onto me. This client lied to the police officer, my insurance company, and Fred Loya insurance. I talked with Lena of Fred Loya and she told me to send in pictures and to bring the car in so they could assess my damage. The next day Fred Loya called denying my claim without seeing my car or any of my pictures. THIS COMPANY IS VERY SHADY not to mention unethical!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was hit by a Fred Loya customer. They refused to get me a rental car. They sent my car across town to their preferred auto shop and told me that if I take it anywhere else I wouldn't be covered. Then the medical portion of it told me that NOTHING is covered but services provided that same day. So now I have bill collectors coming after me and Fred Loya won't pay a dime. Their agents are rude and are downright abusive. I had to file a claim under my own insurance to get my car fixed. I am out around 5K. They treat you like you are the enemy and trying to scam them. I am filing a complaint with the Division of Insurance. Terrible customer service and they don't honor the LAW. This is a shady outfit. I don't know how they are still in business.

Original review: April 19, 2018

On April 18, 2018 got an estimate with Nataly for Liability Auto Insurance: Policy, $156 for 3 months and to be deducted from my Bank Acct. So today April 19, 2018 went to sign up to one of their locations and Judy said, they change the policy to $183. According to them because I stop 3 times when driving my car. So the more stops I do, the more they charge? I called the 1-800 and they said can't open a policy for me at this time. This is ridiculous.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was rear-ended by one of their customers. They told me that everything would be covered, but when it came to paying out they refused to pay out in full. My body shop Maaco was in contact with them, told the insurance company that the two day estimate to get it fixed was not realistic due to workflow and ordering parts, and that they completed the work as quickly as possible. Even with this they would not pay out for how long I was without a car and I got stuck with a bill. This insurance company needs to be investigated. They rip people off who their customers hit.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I got hit by one of their customers and I had to do their job. I had to call them. I had to keep calling because every time when they were supposed to they never did. It was always next day or tomorrow. My car got totalled and they want rip me off on the price. I paid $1500 for the car and they're paying me $1300!!! Not including the price I paid to get it registered and expected. The associate over it didn't even call me. I had call him and he rude the entire time. He chuckled when I explained I paid the amount for it and I pointed that out. He ignored it like it never happened. They think amount but it's something to me since I missed work thanks to their customer and had trouble getting there cause they took so long. If I need insurance for a new car it won't be with them. Should hired a lawyer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had full coverage with Fred Loya. My car would not start in the morning. It needed a new battery. I had to get to work. I called the person renting my basement as they had an extra car to see if they had a spare key and if I could borrow their car. They did. I used their car and got in an accident. My insurance was supposed to cover a loaner car. They denied it. Now the other insurance company is trying to take my license. Fred Loya then would not insure me saying I was uninsurable, but they added me to the insurance of the person renting my basement without even letting them know.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I was in a fender bender with someone insured by Loya. They are non-responsive and I made sure all correspondence was in email. They went so far to lie to me about contacting my body shop and told me my shop padded the estimate. LIES. This would have been big trouble for body shop had I not investigated, my shop offered to go on a 3-way call. Loya refused. I might add they took 100% liability for the accident. I only wish enough people would join a class action lawsuit and STOP Loya from screwing people. They should be fined and/or closed for the unethical practices.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Fred Loya sucks. As we got hit by one of their people who had Fred Loya that didn't want to pay the medical bills or for my car being total. I went to mediation and Fred Loya showed up without their people who can say yes or no on the money. They play games and that's what this company is. All games. Go get State Farm insurance. A little bit more but they take care of their customers. I got a rent a car that paid to get my car fix. They say you get what you pay for. Cheap insurance cheap and sorry company. I will never do business with Fred Loya and hope y'all done. Either put this sorry company out of business. My next step is calling the BBB Better Business Bureau on them. You make sure they go out of business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I've had auto insurance thru Loya Insurance for about 10 years. My policy canceled cause my automatic payment didn't go thru. I called them, paid over the phone, stepped into their office to sign paperwork and that was that. I had roadside service before it cancelled, because they asked me if I wanted it. When the policy cancelled, so did the roadside service which I understand. They didn't ask if I wanted to include it again and I figured everything went back to what I had before since there were no questions asked. Now I need a tow truck and have no roadside service. After 10 years you'd think I'd get more than a "unfortunately..." I'm super frustrated with them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Fred Loya has cheap insurance prices for their customers, but if you get hit by their insured vehicle don't expect for them to accept your claim, even if they were at fault. I got hit on the side of my vehicle while at a Drive-thru. This is their tactic to keep their prices down.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I’m having an issue. I had an accident and my car was in the shop since December 18th 2017 and was deemed a total loss just recently on Feb 1 2018 partially because Fred Loya didn’t know how to communicate professionally so a lot of delaying was going on then when they finally got ** done they deemed it a loss. Then they had me come in and sign the release paper at the body shop so they can pick up my car and so that the total loss adjuster could come out and pay me out for my car and now that’s on hold 'cause they are investigating the other vehicle 'cause their damages don’t match mines as if to say the other party is trying to get damages fixed that was already there.

I was told that the other vehicle issues has nothing to do with Fred Loya paying me out for my car since it’s already a loss and they have my car and never even told my finance company they had my car so my finance company said they will be calling them Monday morning to get the car or the payment since Fred Loya deemed it a loss. I don’t have a rental no more 'cause they only pay for it for 30 days while car is in the shop but why is it my fault that I don’t have the rental anymore, all because it’s not in the shop no more but Fred Loya is still continuing on the same claim though so why can’t I have a rental until it’s all the way completed. I have contacted an attorney and the news. I’m tired of them also. There are only Spanish people working there and they are only there for the illegals 'cause they don’t offer much and every time we went in to pay they were hella rude like we didn’t belong. We ** so they treated us bad.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Previously I was a customer at Fred Loya. I had 3 claims that's still unresolved. They promised in the contract. They never came through, after sharing my information from my privacy rights on down to sharing my bank account information. They lied and betrayed my confidentiality. They withdrawn money without authorization, after not following through with the promise stated on the contract. I feel like if you got to lie and scam people for your gain for business, and don't follow through. Someone needs to file a complaint, and I am one of them to help get the job done.

Customers struggle enough to pay their own bills, and provide for the families, so why would a large cooperation like this company keep ripping people off. Also getting by and no one is dealing with Fred Loya. Example, Claim #1 I had to pay out of my pocket when I had a accident locking my keys in the car in another city. I called roadside assistance, Fred Loya said they couldn't help me. So I had to pay out of my pocket. They accidentally broke the handle off the right side of the passenger side of the door. Locksmith, I never gotten my refund back.

Claim # 2 I was involved in another accident where I back into a truck when a long wagon suddenly came in behind me. Fred Loya contract stated that I can get a rental car if I take my car in to get it fix. After taking my car in to get serviced, The manager ask me, "Who do you have insurance with?" I stated, "With Fred Loya." We called the insurance company up, ready to get my car serviced. The manager at the body shop says, "We don't deal with that insurance company. Because their credibility is not good with us." The manager further proceeded. “Ms. come look over here on our wall.” They showed me 5 different insurance companies. Yes you are right Fred Loya was on the wall.

No I am not trying to speak against this company. I am not getting paid for writing this review. But I am very disappointed and hurt, because I could have gotten hurt in another city by not being able to get into my car trusting Fred Loya when I found myself in danger by not having protection when I needed it the most. I had to pay out of my pocket for each accident, as I stated Fred Loya simply lied and betrayed my trust. My injuries I incurred seems not to matter to them like pain and suffering in another city wondering how to get my keys unlocked out of the car. I will never trust Fred Loya again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

A week ago today I was involved in a car accident at 18th & Euclid. A 21 year old girl speeding, ran a red light and we collided. I've been having to deal with my AAA insurance (who I'm also disappointed with); after obtaining statements from two witnesses my insurer FINALLY agreed I was not at fault, however LOYA insurance says their client was not at fault, EVEN THOUGH they also took statements from the two witnesses who saw everything - they were directly behind me AND according to the officer, her statement to him was "I think I ran a red light." Being that I do not have car renters insurance I am SOL for rental reimbursement. Lucky for me my medical expenses were minimal. It's so frustrating!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was involved in an accident. The person that hit me was an insured of Fred Loya, on 12/28/2017, today 01/30/2018 still no car and my parents had to come out of pocket for a rental since FL does not supply rentals even if their insured is at fault. The adjuster is NEVER available (David **) his supervisor (Vienay **) is never available and neither is her supervisor (Mauricio **). Then they tell me if I’m not using one of their preferred body shops I would be responsible for getting my car towed to have it fixed plus 40% of the cost of the tow yard (mind you my car had been there over a month) so now I’m out of $939 for the rental and looking at another $400 just to get my car to a place to have it fixed and I was then informed that they would only claim 60% at fault, it was 3 cars involved.

Well the car that struck me while at a red light was struck by their insured because she pulled into a busy street from a private drive without yielding, just pulled out like she was being chased or something. They refused to take responsibility even though the police ticketed their insured for no DL and failure to yield from a private drive, the customer service was beyond horrible, they do not take pride in their job nor the company! I would never get this insurance if it was FREE!! Please please whatever you do save yourself and get real insurance, this entire ordeal has been nothing short of incompetent people that need a paycheck, I wish I could rate no stars.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Never have I had such a bad experience as a consumer as with Fred Loya insurance. Their client hit my car. I have 2 at-the-scene witnesses that the LOYA client was responsible for the accident when he hit my car. My insurance has reviewed the information and declared me not at fault when the LOYA insured hit my car. LOYA insurance is refusing to pay my claim stating that I was at fault despite the fact I had 2 witnesses testify that I was not at fault. My witnesses voluntarily stayed at the scene to talk to the police to declare the LOYA insured driver at fault. I will file a complaint with the Colorado Insurance Commission.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My brother received repairs on his leased Toyota car after an accident. Fred Loya Insurance sent the payment to the shop with his name, my mother's name (lease co-signer), and Toyota Financial Services. The shop wouldn't take the check without all 3 signatures. Toyota Financial Services at the dealer would not sign the check. Fred Loya Insurance, both physical location and over the phone, refused to help or reissue the check without Toyota providing a written statement and Toyota said they've never had to do such thing. Fred Loya Insurance informed my brother there was nothing they could do to help. We are on the 6th week of attempting to resolve this issue, still in process. Because of Fred Loya Insurance's incompetence and challenging procedures my brother does not have a vehicle and cannot go to school. His on-campus college semester begins tomorrow. :(

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

0 stars... I went to renew my tag and it was showing no insurance... FRED LOYA cancelled my insurance but they have been withdrawing money out my bank account every month for 298 and when I called the office Jasmine had an attitude with me. I request to speak with a Manager several times and I was told she was on the phone several times. I had to threaten them in order to get them to push it through.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I’ve been a loyal customer for several years but yesterday I decided to cancelled my policy. Every 6 months when I renew my policy I had an increased & bad customer services in the location of Tampa & Roscoe in Reseda CA. I have excellent driving record as well my wife & daughter. We never had a claim. For 3 cars full coverage they increase to $602 per month. Now in Geico I am paying $447 for more coverage & better plan. They gave me a credit for Straight A student. Goodbye Fred Loya!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My daughter's car was hit in a parking lot by one of Fred Loya's customers. She had two witnesses who went to campus security with their eyewitness account of the guy hitting my car and then driving away. They both had descriptions of the driver and one of them had the license plate #. The guy was later arrested for hit and run and a police report filled out. His truck had white paint on the bumper that matched my daughters car. And there is CCTV video of him entering the parking lot and then a few minutes later leaving in a hurry. Fred Loya says that they believe their customer was not involved (Really!?!) and they are refusing to pay. The case has now gone to arbitration between my insurance company and them. Basically, Fred Loya is a scam and is not offering coverage, only a piece of paper saying that you paid for coverage.

Fred Loya Company Information