Call toll free*
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free
It's that easy*

Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Last updated: May 18, 2018

190 Fred Loya Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

I received horrible service from Fred Loya. Office staff inefficient, unprofessional, uneducated and try to scare people to doing what they want. In addition, terrible claims service. Reps don't follow-up or say they will call and don't. I experienced an accident in which I was not at fault. Fred Loya denied and closed my claim without advising me. I requested it to be re-opened to no avail. They did however offer me possibility of filing claim on my insurance. Stated my insurance would not increase. I declined. They also failed to give the other insurance my statement. I had to do all the work. Contacted other insurance and provided all info requested. The other insurance took care of me.

This incident was a major red flag as to how they handle their business so I changed insurance carrier. I went into the office to cancel showed them my new dec page. They cancelled two days after the date of the new insurance. I caught the error at the office, but the rep could not fix it at the time, but stated it would be processed correctly. A week later I received a letter of cancellation with wrong cancellation date. I went back to the office, explained the whole situation and the rep said he could not back date. He stated that because a week had gone by they couldn't do anything??? Give me a break.

I explained that I needed that cancellation date backdated, that I had proof of my new dec page, but he insisted he could not do anything. He even contacted his manager via phone. I explained to him that by them not changing the cancellation date my premium refund would be pro-rated less those two days. After all this all he offered to do was give me a 1-800 number as he was unable to further assist me. I do not recommend Fred Loya to anyone based on my experience. Peace of mind in the event an accident happens is more important to me even if I have to pay more.

Original review: May 18, 2018

** - Employee (Female Mid 50s) at Fred Loya Insurance at 6708 S Cage STE C Pharr, TX , 78577. Very bad service from both employees, Ms. ** changed my quote price as I came into their location to purchase a quote given to me the day before. Service quality declined further after her first question which was, "Are you self employed?", to which I answered, "I own 3 online businesses and keep a full time job at **". True question should have been, "Do you use your vehicle for your businesses or to travel to your job on a daily basis?" In order to assess my use for the newly acquired vehicle. She kept on repeating that she would charge more and modify my account so no other location or agent could sell me their policy which was quoted the day before.

Apart from being rude since the moment I sat down at her desk, she did nothing to correct her behavior or apologize when I politely asked her to reconsider her modifying my original quote. I am an Architect/Designer that works from my laptop at home and I keep a full time job 44 hrs/week as an Interiorist. Ms ** modified my quote to charge me 60% more than the quoted price because she decided to take my professional services instead of my full time job. Thus increasing my quote under the argument that I use the vehicle for self employment which was her assumption (my professional services do not include any in which I travel to you, as all the services are paid and provided online from afar.) Fred Loya Insurance might be a good company however with employees like Ms. ** nothing extraordinary in terms of service can be expected if this is the way their employees treat paying customers.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was side swiped by a Fred Loya client. The client was trying to pass off previous vehicle damage onto me. This client lied to the police officer, my insurance company, and Fred Loya insurance. I talked with Lena of Fred Loya and she told me to send in pictures and to bring the car in so they could assess my damage. The next day Fred Loya called denying my claim without seeing my car or any of my pictures. THIS COMPANY IS VERY SHADY not to mention unethical!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was hit by a Fred Loya customer. They refused to get me a rental car. They sent my car across town to their preferred auto shop and told me that if I take it anywhere else I wouldn't be covered. Then the medical portion of it told me that NOTHING is covered but services provided that same day. So now I have bill collectors coming after me and Fred Loya won't pay a dime. Their agents are rude and are downright abusive. I had to file a claim under my own insurance to get my car fixed. I am out around 5K. They treat you like you are the enemy and trying to scam them. I am filing a complaint with the Division of Insurance. Terrible customer service and they don't honor the LAW. This is a shady outfit. I don't know how they are still in business.

Original review: April 19, 2018

On April 18, 2018 got an estimate with Nataly for Liability Auto Insurance: Policy, $156 for 3 months and to be deducted from my Bank Acct. So today April 19, 2018 went to sign up to one of their locations and Judy said, they change the policy to $183. According to them because I stop 3 times when driving my car. So the more stops I do, the more they charge? I called the 1-800 and they said can't open a policy for me at this time. This is ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was rear-ended by one of their customers. They told me that everything would be covered, but when it came to paying out they refused to pay out in full. My body shop Maaco was in contact with them, told the insurance company that the two day estimate to get it fixed was not realistic due to workflow and ordering parts, and that they completed the work as quickly as possible. Even with this they would not pay out for how long I was without a car and I got stuck with a bill. This insurance company needs to be investigated. They rip people off who their customers hit.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I got hit by one of their customers and I had to do their job. I had to call them. I had to keep calling because every time when they were supposed to they never did. It was always next day or tomorrow. My car got totalled and they want rip me off on the price. I paid $1500 for the car and they're paying me $1300!!! Not including the price I paid to get it registered and expected. The associate over it didn't even call me. I had call him and he rude the entire time. He chuckled when I explained I paid the amount for it and I pointed that out. He ignored it like it never happened. They think amount but it's something to me since I missed work thanks to their customer and had trouble getting there cause they took so long. If I need insurance for a new car it won't be with them. Should hired a lawyer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had full coverage with Fred Loya. My car would not start in the morning. It needed a new battery. I had to get to work. I called the person renting my basement as they had an extra car to see if they had a spare key and if I could borrow their car. They did. I used their car and got in an accident. My insurance was supposed to cover a loaner car. They denied it. Now the other insurance company is trying to take my license. Fred Loya then would not insure me saying I was uninsurable, but they added me to the insurance of the person renting my basement without even letting them know.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I was in a fender bender with someone insured by Loya. They are non-responsive and I made sure all correspondence was in email. They went so far to lie to me about contacting my body shop and told me my shop padded the estimate. LIES. This would have been big trouble for body shop had I not investigated, my shop offered to go on a 3-way call. Loya refused. I might add they took 100% liability for the accident. I only wish enough people would join a class action lawsuit and STOP Loya from screwing people. They should be fined and/or closed for the unethical practices.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Fred Loya sucks. As we got hit by one of their people who had Fred Loya that didn't want to pay the medical bills or for my car being total. I went to mediation and Fred Loya showed up without their people who can say yes or no on the money. They play games and that's what this company is. All games. Go get State Farm insurance. A little bit more but they take care of their customers. I got a rent a car that paid to get my car fix. They say you get what you pay for. Cheap insurance cheap and sorry company. I will never do business with Fred Loya and hope y'all done. Either put this sorry company out of business. My next step is calling the BBB Better Business Bureau on them. You make sure they go out of business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I've had auto insurance thru Loya Insurance for about 10 years. My policy canceled cause my automatic payment didn't go thru. I called them, paid over the phone, stepped into their office to sign paperwork and that was that. I had roadside service before it cancelled, because they asked me if I wanted it. When the policy cancelled, so did the roadside service which I understand. They didn't ask if I wanted to include it again and I figured everything went back to what I had before since there were no questions asked. Now I need a tow truck and have no roadside service. After 10 years you'd think I'd get more than a "unfortunately..." I'm super frustrated with them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Fred Loya has cheap insurance prices for their customers, but if you get hit by their insured vehicle don't expect for them to accept your claim, even if they were at fault. I got hit on the side of my vehicle while at a Drive-thru. This is their tactic to keep their prices down.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I’m having an issue. I had an accident and my car was in the shop since December 18th 2017 and was deemed a total loss just recently on Feb 1 2018 partially because Fred Loya didn’t know how to communicate professionally so a lot of delaying was going on then when they finally got ** done they deemed it a loss. Then they had me come in and sign the release paper at the body shop so they can pick up my car and so that the total loss adjuster could come out and pay me out for my car and now that’s on hold 'cause they are investigating the other vehicle 'cause their damages don’t match mines as if to say the other party is trying to get damages fixed that was already there.

I was told that the other vehicle issues has nothing to do with Fred Loya paying me out for my car since it’s already a loss and they have my car and never even told my finance company they had my car so my finance company said they will be calling them Monday morning to get the car or the payment since Fred Loya deemed it a loss. I don’t have a rental no more 'cause they only pay for it for 30 days while car is in the shop but why is it my fault that I don’t have the rental anymore, all because it’s not in the shop no more but Fred Loya is still continuing on the same claim though so why can’t I have a rental until it’s all the way completed. I have contacted an attorney and the news. I’m tired of them also. There are only Spanish people working there and they are only there for the illegals 'cause they don’t offer much and every time we went in to pay they were hella rude like we didn’t belong. We ** so they treated us bad.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Previously I was a customer at Fred Loya. I had 3 claims that's still unresolved. They promised in the contract. They never came through, after sharing my information from my privacy rights on down to sharing my bank account information. They lied and betrayed my confidentiality. They withdrawn money without authorization, after not following through with the promise stated on the contract. I feel like if you got to lie and scam people for your gain for business, and don't follow through. Someone needs to file a complaint, and I am one of them to help get the job done.

Customers struggle enough to pay their own bills, and provide for the families, so why would a large cooperation like this company keep ripping people off. Also getting by and no one is dealing with Fred Loya. Example, Claim #1 I had to pay out of my pocket when I had a accident locking my keys in the car in another city. I called roadside assistance, Fred Loya said they couldn't help me. So I had to pay out of my pocket. They accidentally broke the handle off the right side of the passenger side of the door. Locksmith, I never gotten my refund back.

Claim # 2 I was involved in another accident where I back into a truck when a long wagon suddenly came in behind me. Fred Loya contract stated that I can get a rental car if I take my car in to get it fix. After taking my car in to get serviced, The manager ask me, "Who do you have insurance with?" I stated, "With Fred Loya." We called the insurance company up, ready to get my car serviced. The manager at the body shop says, "We don't deal with that insurance company. Because their credibility is not good with us." The manager further proceeded. “Ms. come look over here on our wall.” They showed me 5 different insurance companies. Yes you are right Fred Loya was on the wall.

No I am not trying to speak against this company. I am not getting paid for writing this review. But I am very disappointed and hurt, because I could have gotten hurt in another city by not being able to get into my car trusting Fred Loya when I found myself in danger by not having protection when I needed it the most. I had to pay out of my pocket for each accident, as I stated Fred Loya simply lied and betrayed my trust. My injuries I incurred seems not to matter to them like pain and suffering in another city wondering how to get my keys unlocked out of the car. I will never trust Fred Loya again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

A week ago today I was involved in a car accident at 18th & Euclid. A 21 year old girl speeding, ran a red light and we collided. I've been having to deal with my AAA insurance (who I'm also disappointed with); after obtaining statements from two witnesses my insurer FINALLY agreed I was not at fault, however LOYA insurance says their client was not at fault, EVEN THOUGH they also took statements from the two witnesses who saw everything - they were directly behind me AND according to the officer, her statement to him was "I think I ran a red light." Being that I do not have car renters insurance I am SOL for rental reimbursement. Lucky for me my medical expenses were minimal. It's so frustrating!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was involved in an accident. The person that hit me was an insured of Fred Loya, on 12/28/2017, today 01/30/2018 still no car and my parents had to come out of pocket for a rental since FL does not supply rentals even if their insured is at fault. The adjuster is NEVER available (David **) his supervisor (Vienay **) is never available and neither is her supervisor (Mauricio **). Then they tell me if I’m not using one of their preferred body shops I would be responsible for getting my car towed to have it fixed plus 40% of the cost of the tow yard (mind you my car had been there over a month) so now I’m out of $939 for the rental and looking at another $400 just to get my car to a place to have it fixed and I was then informed that they would only claim 60% at fault, it was 3 cars involved.

Well the car that struck me while at a red light was struck by their insured because she pulled into a busy street from a private drive without yielding, just pulled out like she was being chased or something. They refused to take responsibility even though the police ticketed their insured for no DL and failure to yield from a private drive, the customer service was beyond horrible, they do not take pride in their job nor the company! I would never get this insurance if it was FREE!! Please please whatever you do save yourself and get real insurance, this entire ordeal has been nothing short of incompetent people that need a paycheck, I wish I could rate no stars.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Never have I had such a bad experience as a consumer as with Fred Loya insurance. Their client hit my car. I have 2 at-the-scene witnesses that the LOYA client was responsible for the accident when he hit my car. My insurance has reviewed the information and declared me not at fault when the LOYA insured hit my car. LOYA insurance is refusing to pay my claim stating that I was at fault despite the fact I had 2 witnesses testify that I was not at fault. My witnesses voluntarily stayed at the scene to talk to the police to declare the LOYA insured driver at fault. I will file a complaint with the Colorado Insurance Commission.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My brother received repairs on his leased Toyota car after an accident. Fred Loya Insurance sent the payment to the shop with his name, my mother's name (lease co-signer), and Toyota Financial Services. The shop wouldn't take the check without all 3 signatures. Toyota Financial Services at the dealer would not sign the check. Fred Loya Insurance, both physical location and over the phone, refused to help or reissue the check without Toyota providing a written statement and Toyota said they've never had to do such thing. Fred Loya Insurance informed my brother there was nothing they could do to help. We are on the 6th week of attempting to resolve this issue, still in process. Because of Fred Loya Insurance's incompetence and challenging procedures my brother does not have a vehicle and cannot go to school. His on-campus college semester begins tomorrow. :(

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

0 stars... I went to renew my tag and it was showing no insurance... FRED LOYA cancelled my insurance but they have been withdrawing money out my bank account every month for 298 and when I called the office Jasmine had an attitude with me. I request to speak with a Manager several times and I was told she was on the phone several times. I had to threaten them in order to get them to push it through.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I’ve been a loyal customer for several years but yesterday I decided to cancelled my policy. Every 6 months when I renew my policy I had an increased & bad customer services in the location of Tampa & Roscoe in Reseda CA. I have excellent driving record as well my wife & daughter. We never had a claim. For 3 cars full coverage they increase to $602 per month. Now in Geico I am paying $447 for more coverage & better plan. They gave me a credit for Straight A student. Goodbye Fred Loya!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My daughter's car was hit in a parking lot by one of Fred Loya's customers. She had two witnesses who went to campus security with their eyewitness account of the guy hitting my car and then driving away. They both had descriptions of the driver and one of them had the license plate #. The guy was later arrested for hit and run and a police report filled out. His truck had white paint on the bumper that matched my daughters car. And there is CCTV video of him entering the parking lot and then a few minutes later leaving in a hurry. Fred Loya says that they believe their customer was not involved (Really!?!) and they are refusing to pay. The case has now gone to arbitration between my insurance company and them. Basically, Fred Loya is a scam and is not offering coverage, only a piece of paper saying that you paid for coverage.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I am amazed that this company is still in business, especially after seeing all the negative reviews online. There has got to be a way to lobby to get this company taken out of business. If a drug company were providing its customers with sub-standard drugs, they would be penalized, yet this company continues to exist? Recently one of their clients slammed into, and totaled my brother's car, and severely damaged my car. The police made a report that it was the client's fault since both cars were parked in the driveway when their client hit them. They dragged their feet with (a) writing off and issuing the check for my brother's vehicle, and (2) my car sat in the shop for almost 21 days while their "adjusters" kept going to the body shop and providing low-ball estimates. The dealer was not able to repair the car using their estimates.

I finally called my own insurance company and the repairs finally started - well over days from the accident. Problem is going to be recovery of my funds which I have paid for the rental. The rental would not have exceeded the "allowed" limit if they had written the correct estimate the first or second time, and done what they needed to do! Is there anyone who had a negative experience with this company, and would like to start a forum to get them shut down by the authorities, please let me know.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I chose Fred Loya Insurance because I was assured that they were a good company to go with, however 3 weeks into my policy I was forced to cancel it since I no longer own the vehicle. When I went in to do so I was assured that I would receive my refund check minus the $50 cancellation fee within 2 weeks. It has been almost a month and I still have not received anything. When I called, I was informed that I was not entitled to a refund because they were taking out more fees than what I had been told would be taken out, which was the $50 cancellation fee. So not only am I not getting $130+ back from them, they say I technically OWE them money! Do not get any insurance from Fred Loya... Period!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I was involved in the most minor fender bender with a Loya Casualty insurance member who reversed into my car and before I had called them they had decided I was at fault. The damage to the other persons car was very minor whilst mine was a little more serious. I called them and sent letters which they did not reply to and offered to pay if they paid for my damage.

What I did not know at the time was that my estranged wife had removed my car from our insurance so I first received a physical threat from the other driver then more recently an abusive phone call which threat from someone claiming to be a lawyer representing Loya Insurance stating that if I did not pay them money for the accident they would have my licence suspended which is extortion. This company is bad news. They refused to supply me with estimates for the damage to their clients car and are not interested in any facts about the accident. By the looks of the many complaints online they dont care too much about their clients either.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My daughter turn 16, and without my authorization they decided to add her and charge me without my consent. They said since she turn 16 they ASSUMED she was going to drive. They charged and withdrew from my banking account without my consent. Called them and I couldn't take her out of my policy unless I went in person to sign papers to approve for her to be withdrawn from my policy, what an irony. They didn't me to add her and charge me without permission.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We had this insurance for 4 years, never had to file a claim till last month, my husband was driving on the highway and cut a sheetrock panel on the road, got damage on the windshield, front bumper, driver side mirror, driver side fender, hood, etc. We call and file a claim, when they give us the final estimate they also send us a check for $130.00, so I laugh, and call them back, took my truck to a shop and they give us a total of 1800.00 to fix it. I meet the adj at the shop and he told me that he was not going to pay more than that because my truck had rock-chips on it. This is how easy they get away of the bill, so what’s the point for me to have a full cover insurance on it?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I would have given 0 stars but it wouldn't let me. My driver was involved in an accident in May. Fred Loya’s driver was 100% at fault. I even have text proving it. I had full coverage and had to file with my insurance to get a rental car and my insurance ended up paying me for my totaled car. We have medical totalling almost 9000$. They are refusing to pay all medical and lost wages and only offered my driver $1000 for injuries and pain and suffering. Our claims adjuster is Derek **, he never returns our calls, we are constantly calling trying to get an update or status on our claim and he never has an answer. We aren't trying to get rich, just want a fair offer. This company is a joke. They have the worst customer support ever. Our next step is an attorney.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

This insurance company is horrible. We were hit from a driver covered by this insurance company on Monday 8/28. Today is 09/05 and we are still not in a rental car, my smashed vehicle is still sitting in my carport and for my husband, myself and 2 children under the age of 9 years old, they have only offered us $500 for injury settlement. It's impossible to get in touch with your adjustor or even a supervisor. We have been given the run around from the start. They are horrible.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I was rear ended by one of their insured. All I wanted was my car fixed. You have to speak to different people in different departments (out of state) for every aspect. They have all been unprofessional. They have "regulations" on when and how you get a rental. Mind you, I was hit. They came in very low with estimate to repair my car. Of course it cost a lot more than estimated. The body shop is waiting for the supplement check from Fred Loya insurance. My car has been in the shop for over a week. They are refusing to pay any more of my rental, leaving me to pay out of pocket. This whole ordeal has caused me severe emotional distress and anxiety. I really don't know how they stay in business.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Fred Loya is the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with. I got into an auto accident on June 19th, 2017, I finally got my car back today. They did a half ass estimate the first time, and the body shop had to call them twice to do a supplemental. My claims adjuster Clarrisa ** lacks customer service skills, just as well as the customer service department, they refused to give me a rental, amen for the body shop they have me one! I hope and pray I never get into another auto accident with a Fred Loya driver!

Fred Loya Company Information