Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.00/5

Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

228 Fred Loya Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was hit while parked in traffic by a car that spun out of control traveling around 20 mph, and slammed into the side of my SUV while my kids were in it. I decided to use his insurance to process the claim as my deductible is high, and I'd have to pay out of pocket first before being reimbursed. He was insured by Fred Loya... I was already uneasy as I had never heard of them before...

This began a very long process with Fred Loya. Fred Loya originally estimated (by taking a photo of the damage) that my damage would cost $27 to fix. They also sent me $75 for a rental car and said, "Thank you, all good." I called the adjuster, which was hard, you need to call multiple times to get them, and explained there as no way on earth the damage was $27. They argued with me that it was just a scratch and I said, "No. There's a very large dent..." And I said, "Well thats because you're taking photos in the sun" etc etc...

The only saving grace is they let me take it to any body shop I wanted, so I went to a trusted place that does claims for big dealerships and State Farm. They immediately laughed at the $27 estimate, and after a week of work it costed over $1100! They also still haven't paid for my rental car which they said they would, which totaled over $400. The adjusters have cute voicemails that say they'll return calls the same day if gotten before a certain cutoff, which is a blatant lie, they never do.

I even had one adjuster switch to his car phone as we were mid conversation and I could barely hear him... Calling their company and dealing with these guys is a nightmare, and ultimate test of patience. They try and cut corners at every level, have horrible customer service, and have one of the worst reputations in the auto repair industry. Pray you never get hit by a person insured with this company, they are dishonest and an absolute waste of time. I got into an argument w one of their adjusters that the $27 estimate was absurd and he fought back endlessly, and called my honesty into question... Well the $1100 bill from a reputable collision repair place is what you can rest on Fred Loya. This place is so dishonest it's probably not gonna last that many more years.

Original review: April 10, 2019

My vehicle was struck by a person insured by Fred Loya. That insurance company called me, and asked me to make a statement about the accident, that would help them determine who was at fault. I'm sorry, but it was obvious at the accident that their client was at fault. Then they proceeded to ask me questions about THEIR CLIENT: was she using her car for Uber or Lyft? How would I know? Clearly, their question was a witch hunt to find a way to deny coverage to their client, and get out of paying a $550 claim. Coverage that their client paid good money for!!

There were more questions about their client, then questions about me that had absolutely nothing to do with determining who was at fault. They never asked what actually happened!!! I am filing a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance regarding their actions, and obvious intent. Beware of shady companies like this, that take your money and then look for an easy way to deny you the coverage you have paid for!!!

Original review: March 24, 2019

A auto policyholder of theirs ran a red light, ran into my 2019 truck. The policyholder admitted to running the red light to me and the policeman who came to the scene of the accident. The police report stated that she ran the red light that caused the collision. Her adjuster denied my claim. Said no ticket was issued.

Original review: March 14, 2019

A Fred Loya ensure customer backs up into my car because he wasn't paying attention and caused damages to my new car and Fred Loya insurance wants me to pay half of the damages that was caused by their customer. The man even admits that he hit me but I guess that's not enough for them to pay for damages that he caused. What a poor excuse for not taking responsibility. What a ** company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Everything must be done in person, when I cancelled my insurance with them, they need you to go back in person and jump through hoops to get the balance of the money owed to me. The saying is right - you get what you pay for. Thank God I never had a claim with this company. Do yourself a favor and get a real insurance agency. Horrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

BUYER BEWARE! Fred Loya Insurance is nothing short of a scamming organization masking itself as a reputable insurance company. During the month of January 2019, their insured’s vehicle crashed into my fence causing significant property damage. Police took a report which clearly stated their insured was negligent. However, Fred Loya’s adjuster stated their insured is not at fault because their insured stated “someone” ran him off the road. Police report does not state any other vehicle was involved. They are refusing to take responsibility for my claim citing “we are searching for the other driver.” When asked how long this could take, the adjuster said it could take months or even years.

Now it’s up to me to either sue them or fix the fence at my cost. Obviously, they know the other “phantom” driver doesn’t exist and will never be identified. It’s simply a ploy to defer responsibility. It’s a shame companies like Fred Loya Insurance is allowed to sell insurance. Bottom line… I recommend NOT buying your insurance from a scam company like Fred Loya Insurance. Call the other reputable companies that stand behind their word and have much higher ratings. Note that I had to select a star rating in order to post my experience. While I chose 1 star, they actually deserve a 0.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Me and my boyfriend were going southbound straight when a driver took a left turn which he didn’t have the right of the way for causing the car in front of us to hit us and hit us directly wrecking all 3 cars. Basically police report says both drivers blamed the driver that took turn and Fred Loya is trying to say because the other car hit us as well they are 80% liable and we were 20% liable... How if their driver is the reason the other car hit us to begin with and they still said we had failed to slow down??!! How when we were halfway through intersection? Oh and then the driver stated he was blinded by a car and couldn’t see so it’s our fault too for that or what?

I'm an insurance agent. No fancy words can describe how inhumane and irresponsible these adjusters are. I was sent to the hospital the day of the accident and having trouble recovering. What if I would’ve died? Would they have let him walk away too!! I have customers switching everyday from Fred Loya because of their claim experiences... If you’re considering don’t do it. They might flip it on you the customer and find any excuse to not pay you out!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I received a letter to pay 1 amount and then when I tried to pay yesterday they refused payment at 12 PM said she would contact a manager. No manager response when I came in the office at 530. Refused to take payment. I received a call today and I owe more due to overwrite made a mistake. There was no apology. I asked to speak to manager she was rude as hell. I'm leaving. I'm begging for American Family to take me back. This company does not care about customers.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The adjuster (Cory **) filed a claim on my insurance, when he offered a passenger in my daughter's vehicle $150.00 to not file a bodily injury claim against Fred Loya. This was not divulged to me as the Policy Holder. This is now affecting my daughter's record and reflects as an at fault claim against her and our policy although the accident was a hit and run. When I asked Mr. ** for the documents signed by the passenger, he stated that it was a verbal agreement and no documents exist. If no documents were signed how is that the claim is reflecting against my policy? When I requested to speak with his supervisor, he stated that his supervisor was in a meeting (how convenient)! I have called the number he provided for his supervisor and hope that she will return the call. Concerned Former Policy Holder in Texas.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Last year (2018) one of Fred Loya's policyholder’s car hit my parked car and drove off. I have clarify that it was her car but she was in the passenger seat when she hit my car. I do not know who the driver was. Fortunately, I was a few yards down the parking row when I saw them hit my car so I got their license plate, and the state troopers were an aisle over so I filed a report within minutes of the accident. But the policyholder would not admit it was her and that delayed my claim for weeks. Eventually, I was able to take my car to one of their branches where an inexperienced worker took photos of the damages a month after the accident.

From these photos, an adjuster made an estimate of the damages. I took my car to the auto body shop in the town I am from (I was hit in a different city) where the shop made another estimate of the damages with supplements to the original estimate which cost hundreds more than the check Fred Loya sent. From the moment I told the shop owner who my claim was filed with, he said, "Oh, we are in for a fight with these guys (Fred Loya)." On top of this, Fred Loya did not provide me with a rental car from the day I dropped my car off at the shop (Monday). I and the shop owner had to explain that it is illegal to not provide me with a rental car. So on Friday of the same week, I received my rental. Days pass and I hear from the shop owner that all but the labor was approved on the supplements he sent.

The labor rate in town is $54/hour and the Fred Loya appraiser did not want to pay for full labor and claimed, "the state sets the labor rate and that rate is $50/hour," which is untrue. I was never able to contact the appraiser because she would not return our phone calls and/or messages. Her supervisor also would not answer his phone. I had multiple messages sent to my phone saying Fred Loya was going to stop paying for my rental car because of the dispute between them and the shop on labor rates. This is also illegal because the shop had already begun working on my car.

However, if the shop had not begun work and my car was sitting there collecting dust, this is legal. They were now telling me that the shop that we have worked with in the past and are close with the owner was now going to charge me personally for the differences in labor. On the phone, Fred Loya had already told me that their driver was at fault and they were 100% liable for the damages and will be paying 100% for the costs. If the shop's labor rates had been higher than those in the area, it could be a possibility for the owner of the car to have to pay those differences (but not in this case). I spoke with two other shops on their labor rates. One said $56/hour and the other $54/hour. I had other messages telling me I needed to choose another shop to have my car repaired which is also illegal. I had already signed the line saying that shop was going to fix my car and until they are paid in full for their labor, the shop cannot release my car to me.

I was at the mercy of Fred Loya and the shop coming to an agreement on these labor rates. The next idea Fred Loya hatched was to have my car towed 200 miles south of the town we live in to have the car repaired at "a shop [we've] worked with in the past." ("We" meaning Fred Loya.) At this point in time, my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks, has already been worked on, and the work has been partially paid for. All-in-all, these are the most crooked, insensitive, uncooperative, and dishonest people I have ever dealt with. The workers are inexperienced to the point where one does not know what another has said and there are multiple miscommunications hour-by-hour. The representatives do not speak clearly, and they will make mistakes from the very beginning when trying to spell your name. They told so many lies, they started getting tied up in their own traps.

One girl told us she had been calling the wrong phone number with updates on our rental and when prompted to tell us the number she was calling ended up reading us our correct phone number! We tried contacting the appraiser for the claim multiple times and left messages for her, but she refused to talk to us or return our calls. Her supervisor would not speak with us either. My claim bounced around from adjuster-to-adjuster. Each call we had with them lasted over 40 minutes because nobody knew what was going on and we kept getting transferred to someone else! Let this be a warning, you better get your ducks in a row when dealing with these guys and know your rights because they will try to twist your arm and feed you lies from the beginning. I do not know how the hell these guys are still in business. Good luck to all of you who took the time to read this and may be put in a similar situation.

Fred Loya Company Information