Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.00/5

Fred Loya

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States. InsuraMatch is not currently working with this company. To get quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Fred Loya Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

They are unhelpful, they change the story from one thing to another. We have full coverage but you need to pay upfront out of pocket first before they cover any cost and they do not provide detail information. Once our vehicle is fix we are leaving this company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I live in Las Vegas NV, I would not recommend LOYA INSURANCE to anyone. I was assisted by an agent named Yvette. Short black hair, with a lot of make up. She was very rude. I asked her questions about the auto insurance policies she begin to be very annoyed by me huffing and puffing, rolling her eyes and laughing. I asked for my paper work back because I did not feel comfortable for her to assistant me any longer. She refused to give me back my Personal belongings. Meanwhile everyone else in the office that works there was watching her be very rude, unwelcoming and disrespect towards me. Nowadays companies hire anyone. I was so angry with the way I was being treated with no one to back me up I wanted to slap the ** out her so I just snatched my personal belongings and left. This location is on LAMB AND BONANZA.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I was hit in the parking lot at Target's. The person who hit me, left her name and number and it was on the camera at Target too. I called her, got her insurance information, Fred Loya, took my car to their office for them to look at damage. I was never contacted again. Never took my car to a body shop, they didn't return my phone calls. Finally, after 3 months, I got a hold of someone who said they had sent a check. I wanted to know how they even came up with an estimate since no body shop ever even looked at my car. I didn't receive a check either. As of now, the only thing I have received is a form letter saying they had voided the check and they are "investigating". I believe that I should be able to take my car to a body shop and not to a Loya office for an estimate. I also feel that 9 months is way too long to wait for resolution. I would never purchase insurance from Fred Loya and would advise others not to as well.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I got hit from behind and the one behind me had Fred Loya ins and they don't want to pay for my 1,661 chiropractor services. Ricardo ** from Fred Loya says it was not so much damage to my my vehicle. I'm not asking for a lot. I'm asking so can pay my insurance 1000 back and get my 661 out of pocket. I paid which was nothing for me just to be out of pain from neck. So yeah and they are offering me 500 dollars. Worst insurance ever so please pray you never get hit by one of these people caring insurance from Fred Loya or pray to be able to carry better insurance than these guys. By the way Allstate is great. They make the process so easy. And pay within 7 days.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Let me start by saying if I could give a "zero" rating I would. If you want an insurance that will just take your payment each month ONLY, without the intention to ever have to actually use your insurance, then Fred Loya is the company you want. I have been insured with Fred Loya almost 4 years. I used my insurance July 2018, because someone took the entire front end of my car off in my workplace parking lot. I should have took the hint then with the bad service and delayed processing (3 and 1/2 months) then to run for the hills!!! But no, I remained loyal as a policyholder. So, my car was stolen, and damaged and you guessed it - the hassle begins. Continual request for more and more documents, rude service full of interrogation and scrutiny - as if I was the criminal. The crime was resolved, assailant arrested and bonded out and that wasn't enough for Fred Loya!

The adjuster Julius ** was absurdly rude along with the special investigator Daniel **. Anytime my emotions came into my responses, they took it as an opportunity to try to consider it as lack of information or non-compliance. Needless to say, a month and half later in this process and it's same feeling of knowing nothing was going to be done. I had not received ANY paperwork showing me how/where the car was considered as a total loss although I requested it on multiple occasions. They have no consideration for their policyholders, and they run their insurance like they are gangsters, "We'll take from you, and give you nothing ever!" Should be their motto. I escalated over the claims adjuster, his manager, and his manager's manager and it was just a waste of my energy, time, breath and tears!

Apparently, it's joyous for them to ruin people's lives, one DENIED, unpaid, or slow processed and underpaid claims at a time. Even with making the hard decision to switch insurance companies, due to the bad experiences I have had with Fred Loya, surely you know they took their payment out of my account, and told me it would be like 2 weeks to get my refund back. I would not recommend Fred Loya to my ultimate worst enemy. Their compassion for their job is non-existent and they assume every customer is trying to undermine or outsmart them. Some of us are dually employed, hard working, determined individuals. This has been the worst 3 months of my life, and I am still paying for a car that is rendered as basically "waste" according to them.

All this time wasted, waiting on them to decide what will happen only to be nowhere far from when the incident started. Apparently, this is a family owned business as I have never witnessed or talked to any other nationality than Hispanic or Mexican as an employee. Either way, talking to their management is a waste of time, making suggestions on how they can better serve us, as their hold music indicates is a joke! I follow through on that too, and you guessed it - no change!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: July 31, 2019

On May 24th 2019, my car was parked in front of my house when I got hit. I was not home at the time. It was a hit and run. Not my fault. I was not even at home at the time. Once I got home I made a police report and called Loya insurance to start the a claim. I was asked to take my car in the next day so they can take pictures. I did and I was told because of the holiday it will take a little longer to process. I called the adjuster (Daisy **) on May 28th and she told she had no updates for me. It was still in process. She said she will call me with any updates. She never did.. I left many messages for her asking her to call me back. On June 1st I had a missed call but it wasn't from her. It was a co-worker of hers by the name of Oscar. I called him back and left a message. This was on a Saturday.

I called back on Monday and talked to Casy ** - a supervisor. She told me that I has missed my appointment to take my car for the pictures. That was not true. I told her that I was there and Benito had took the pictures. Then she told me that they lost my pictures. I said at what point was I going to be told this. She said that she would have to send someone out to take the pictures again and it was going to take a couple of days. And they did come to my house. He took pictures of the damage to the car my seats. My floor mats, the oil on the dip stick, even the sticker on my window from my last oil change. I told him that I was having trouble starting the car and there was a clicking noise coming from the the tires.

Today is July 31st 2019 I was told that the fuel pump is damaged and my car will not start. A claim was submitted and was denied. They said it is not accident related. Not mind you I did not have problems with my car starting before the accident. I do have full coverage and Now I have to pay 600.00 more out of pocket along with a high deductible of 1500.00. Now let see if the will fix whatever is clicking on the underneath... Can't wait til this nightmare is over. To be continued...

Original review: July 17, 2019

They are worthless and they don't assist consumers. They don't listen to consumer needs. They want to charge me a late fee every month instead of putting my charge date for the day I came which is the 21st around my pay day but no they expect me to pay them a late fee each month. I spoke to a manager and still no help so I will be going to another company. Thanks for nothing Fred Loya. I wish I could give no stars. They don't deserve any.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I am complaining about Fred Loya's claim department, I have an issue with my car due to an accident. They will not correspond with the auto body shop because I chose it and it's my responsibility they say. Also, they will not send another adjuster out because they can't take my word for it. I have been a loyal customer for 6 years, and always have paid on time. They won't give me another rental because I have used my 10 days, when I get another car you will no longer have my business. This is it! I pay full coverage on two cars at 213 a month for horrible service. I will be done after everything is tied up, promise.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I placed a claim against Fred Loya's Insured. The Insured driver who rear ended me was 100% at Fault, however it's been a nightmare to get my vehicle repaired. It's been 2 months since my car was looked at and a check was cut for 3k. Keep in mind the other vehicle was totaled. The Repair shops won't take Fred Loya's because they don't want to pay, I see why. The repairs exceed more than the 3k check. I need help. My car is at the shop, no repairs have not been started. I got a check for 7 day rental that I have not cashed.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I was struck by a Fred Loya insured driver who was cited and admitted fault at the scene. The initial encounter with this insurance company was frustrating and opened the door to many more frustrations as the claim went on. They would not accept 100% fault until they had gotten a statement from their driver and kept claiming they could not get a statement from her. Meanwhile, my insurance company had already completed their investigation in which the other driver was cooperative and admitted fault to my insurance company. There was a police report filed citing the other driver as well as the information my insurance company shared with them to help expedite the process. They still would not move forward until they got a statement from their driver. Their driver went to a local office and completed a written statement that apparently was "lost in the shuffle."

Finally they accepted liability using just the police report and me calling every single day bugging them about progress. I had already went to an auto body shop and had them prepare an estimate but they required me to go to someone they worked with. The auto body shop quoted my damages at $3200. Fred Loya cut me a check for $870!!! I argued with them and they said that I would need to take it to a body shop and their adjuster would need to walk through it with the body shop before they provide the supplemental amount. They only approved a rental car for 3 days and expected me to leave my car at a shop until they could get someone out there to look at it. I refused and said that I will not leave my car until the insurance payout matches the body shop quote.

It is now 2 months later and I am finally taking my car to get repaired. They bounced me back and forth from this person to that person and even when I requested a supervisor, I still was not pleased with how they handled it. I was in a previous accident (again not my fault) with a State Farm customer and State Farm was amazing! I did not feel they were trying to screw me over at any time but with Fred Loya, I had a bad vibe from the start and it has been nothing but hassle! There was no easy part to dealing with them even in a cut and dry situation like mine. This should not have taken 2 months to resolve and had I not fought and stand my ground to get the proper payout, they would have royally screwed me.

Fred Loya Company Information