2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Fred Loya offers auto insurance to customers in 10 states, mostly in the southern and western parts of the United States.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Fred Loya Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Loya?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

It started with them running my payment 10 days in advance granted I had the money in my account but it somehow declined. Mind you no notification from my bank that something was declined. So we call the day before our payment is due to find out what is going on. Without much explanation they said we had too many claims and that the "underwriters" made the decision to no longer insure us going forward. I told them I have been a loyal customer for almost 6 years now. When we asked for more details as to what the claims are they stated it was windshield replacements starting back from Dec 2014. Mind you there were a total of 4 replacements for the entirety of our business with them. With 1 replacement in the year I also live in Phoenix, AZ where we get bad dust storms so it has to be replaced 1x a year.

I was told if we went into the office that day Saturday before they close they could help me. It was 1:45 PM when I spoke with them and made it to the office by 2:15 PM. They stated that location didn't close until 3PM. When I arrived they were closed up for the day and on their way out. So a useless trip. So now I am driving my vehicle with no car insurance for unneccessary trips because of them. It should have been a red flag when they insured me without a license.

To make matters worse as I am sitting at the closest restaurant to them searching for car insurance on my phone. It pops up that I was involved in a car accident in 2017. I have a perfect driving record. No accidents and no tickets. So the fact that they report these as accidents and get an attitude when you ask them nicely to fix it blows my mind.

Apparently being a loyal customer means nothing to them and it's extremely disappointing. I use to recommend them all the time because I never had issues but after reading others experience plus my own I would tell people to run. Believe it or not Geico has way better rates plus better coverage and they are an ACTUAL insurance company who stands behind their name.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My car was involved in an accident in July of 2019 which I have full coverage insurance. Another lady in another car drove us off the road. We had got a police report showing the accident and the lady's insurance did not cover our car which was a total loss. Fred Loya didn't even back us up and our car was a total loss and now when it comes to me getting the report or a copy saying that they denied my claim Fred Loya insurance will not even give me a copy with my name under it stating that they denied my insurance so that Gap can take over and cover what they can with the car. This is a bad insurance company. I would not ever recommend this company to no one because what's the point of paying for full cover coverage insurance and you can't use it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This last accident I was involved in, NOT MY FAULT, I was an innocent bystander who was hit after the accident occurred in front of me. Fred Loya totaled my car and then proceeded to treat me like I was at fault when I obtained a lawyer. Long story short, they took over two months to finalize the total loss and they’ll probably claim it was my fault for the long process. When I went in to remove the total loss vehicle from the policy and remove myself (I’m done with subpar insurance companies) my mom (second driver on policy) wanted to remain as a client with Fred Loya. They told her they need approval to “ALLOW” her to proceed with insurance through them because of the amount of claims on the previous policy. WHAT?!?

FOR THE LAST 10 years NOT ONCE, has Fred Loya returned my deductible when an accident was not my fault. They’ve collected their premiums and then treat you like a criminal when opening a claim. I plan on including them in my lawsuit for my last accident. I would recommend anyone dealing with Fred Loya to lawyer up and go after them. Their claim of “no broker fees” is also false advertisement. They need to be investigated for fraudulent practices.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We were were hit by a customer of Fred Loya in a parking lot in Sept of 2019. They were unhelpful from the start. My take on it is they are interested in collecting the premiums but will do what it took to get out of paying. If my insurance did that to another person and it was my fault, I would be mad! The purpose of insurance is to pay for damage when a mistake is made. Fred Loya has a bad reputation from everyone I talked to starting with my agent, my adjuster, etc. Fred Loya wouldn't confirm if the customer had insurance since the driver, Chris, didn't have a current insurance card. I had the policy info, name and address. A photo of the proof of Chris' insurance. I then called my insurance co. (Safeco) who were great.

The Fred Loya customer, Chris, backed into my husband in a parking lot as my husband was driving by. Damage to our car was the driver's door, rear door and rear quarter panel which was over 4k of damage and will take 2 weeks to repair. Thus 2 weeks without a car. Fred Loya said they will only accept liability for 1/2 of the damage because Chris only backed out only 1 foot implying that my husband was a foot from all the parking spaces on the left with 2 way traffic. Jokes on them because I took a photo right after that blows away Fred Loya's position. Safeco reviewed and interviewed both parties and found no liability on our part. Keep in mind, my daughter and I were walking up to the scene 30 seconds after it happened. They are trying to avoid paying.

This will now go to Subrogation and then Arbitration. I'm tossing around allowing it to go to Arbitration or to pay Safeco back and sue Chris in small claims court for the full amount. It will be a shock to him when he has to come up with 4k including the deductible. If customers had to pay for the damage when Fred Loya refuses to pay, it will affect their bottom line. I suggest that folks do this if they can. At a minimum, sue for the deductible if they try to get out of it. Since they are being such jerks, I'm going to file with regulatory boards and news stations. In the unlikely event that I get stuck with a higher premium and have to pay my deductible, I will get the $2k ish out of them in reviews.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Fred Loya is the worst insurance I've ever delt with. I've been with Fred Loya for years. Recently I was in an accident where I was rear ended, an unavoidable accident which was not my fault. My vehicle was totaled. In a case like my mine you would think that the insurance company that you've been a loyal customer for years would be sympathetic or have your back. They are the most unprofessional, unsympathetic, horrible customer service, rude group of people I've ever delt with. Not one time was I even asked if I was ok. Not one mention of a loaner car.

They are no help at all and they are a waste of money. They will take advantage of you rather than try to help you in any way. They are so confused that they rather total my vehicle for a higher amount of money, than to fix it for the cheaper price the collision company said it would cost to fix it. They make broken promises about calling on a certain day and then never hear from anyone. I was given the name of my claim adjuster when I first filed the claim but when he finally called me after 3 to 4 weeks after the accident he said I was lying and said he just assigned my claim. ******Don't waste your money with these people. ******

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

When you buy a car in Texas it must have insurance before it leaves the lot. Every insurance company either accepts pictures sent to them, allows the customer to come in within the next day for pictures, & most will also offer DocuSign or email documents for them to sign. Fred Loya will only allow a customer to get insurance if they bring the car in. Well, if you haven't bought one yet because you need insurance, & if the state of Texas says it is illegal to drive without insurance, then Fred Loya will ONLY provide insurance to people who make the choice to knowingly break state law & drive the vehicle to their office with NO Insurance. Fred Loya is a crook. He has been preying on the Hispanic community & the lower socioeconomic communities for decades & everyone just looks the other way.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I was hit by a driver of Fred Loya's.... Wasn’t my fault. I was in the store and someone passing by come inside and told me my car was hit. I call the company and reported the accident and the next day they sent me to a different adjuster and omg he sucked. He never answered the phone and when I could get ahold of him he would tell me he couldn’t do anything about my damages until he got a statement from the driver which we had already given our statements to the previous adjuster. I said I would get my lawyer involved and boy did he get the stick out of his ** and got on with my claim... Fred Loya insurance isn’t the worst by far.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

They are very difficult to get a hold of. They will call and leave you a message, but when you try to call them back, it either goes to someone else's voicemail (so they must have not updated the ever-changing customer representative's voicemails) OR they shockingly answer and take your claim # and say they will call you back (no ETA provided). Once they never called back like they said they would and the second time, they called after their work hours so how should I have expected a call back from them to be available? Their voicemails also says if you call and leave a message before 4pm MTN, they will return your call before the end of the day, which is a complete lie. Horrible customer service. I'm already not expecting a promising result on the claim based on how they treat their customers. Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

At the end of August a driver hit my parked car & they were insured through Fred Loya. Seeing that this accident was 100% not my fault, I decided to go through Fred Loya for repairs in an effort to avoid paying my deductible through my insurance company (Progressive). It has been nothing but an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE with this company from the very start. Here we are almost 5 weeks later and my car is still not in a shop for repairs.

The situation became so sketchy and unproductive with Fred Loya that I had to have Progressive take over as of two weeks ago. Fred Loya towed my car to a Copart location for inspection (not sure why they even needed to do that as my car was not even close to being totaled), yet they are unable to provide my Progressive agent with the lot number that my car is being stored at. They said they had to contact a third party to get that information. Excuse me??? YOU towed my car... You are currently in possession of my property! You should have the exact location readily available.

So long story short, Fred Loya has been extremely unhelpful and unprofessional throughout this whole process. I am extremely grateful that I am not insured by them and I would not recommend using their services in any capacity whatsoever. If they are unable to provide Progressive with the exact location of my car by the end of this week I will be pursuing legal action with my attorney.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

They are unhelpful, they change the story from one thing to another. We have full coverage but you need to pay upfront out of pocket first before they cover any cost and they do not provide detail information. Once our vehicle is fix we are leaving this company.

Fred Loya Company Information