Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
1.54/5

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance provides all types of auto and property insurance to U.S. customers. Farm Bureau doesn't participate in InsuraMatch's program. To get multiple auto quotes at once, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Farm Bureau is not just for farmers or those in rural communities. They offer home and life insurance and often bundle discounts. Many customers have been with the company since the 1980s. Happy reviewers report warm customer service from local agents and prefer the personalized service.

PROS

• Cover many types of vehicles
  • Discounts available
  • Local offices and agents
  • Young driver safety program
  • Offers a mobile app
  • Membership benefits

CONS

• Does not offer 12-month premium quotes
  • Some customers find the claims filing process cumbersome

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

307 Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

I been with Farm Bureau for years with my personal coverages but just recently switched my business insurance to them as well. The prices are much lower than what I was paying and I feel that I really understand what they do. Michael is my agent and she is excellent! The girls who work the front are knowledgeable and great at their jobs. I highly recommend this company!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

The customer service at Farm Bureau Auto Insurance is wonderful. Anytime I have had questions, they have the answers. The coverage is great and the premiums are a lot less than any other insurance company quoted us.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I've been a long-time member of Farm Bureau, and have had a good overall experience with them. We have been friends with our agent for over 30 years, and every customer service interaction has been very satisfactory. I'm not entirely satisfied with the rates, as we've had only a couple of claims, and they were very small. Despite this, my rates don't go down. In addition, the value given to my pickup during some recent hail damage was not satisfactory. Our car's damage was done fairly. There was no incentive to fix our own damage after a lightning strike, and we ended up costing ourselves money, despite saving the insurance company a significant amount of money on the claim.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My insurance company is pretty good. They do not ding you if you have an accident that isn't your fault. They also don't tend to raise rates often. I have had them for years and even with a claim they were great to me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I have home and auto insurance with Farm Bureau in Prentiss county. I recently had to file a claim due to a storm. A limb went through my roof. I called my agent Glenn and as always he was very nice and helpful and put me at ease. I had never had to file a claim. The adjuster came out with in the next day or two. He also assured me it would be taken care of promptly and it was. I received a check soon after. I chose the contractor and had a new roof within the next week. I couldn't ask for more friendly and a genuine group of people to handle my affairs when something like this happens. I would recommend Farm Bureau to any and everyone!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Back when I signed up, they charged my account before they even told me if I was approved or not. My account supposedly rejected the charge, although my bank showed no record of it. I was charged a $25 late fee on my very first payment, with absolutely no effort to resolve the issue despite acknowledgement from my bank that the charge was never filed.

Fast forward 5 months and another charge is rejected. Again, the credit union that I use shows no attempt by them to charge my account despite the 11th being my automatic renewal date every month. The next day, the 12th, my life insurance policy payment is processed without issue. Again, billing is unwilling to work with me in the spirit of good customer service. At least this time they're allowing me to dispute the late fee by showing them a statement indicating that I had the money to cover their charge, and getting a letter from my credit union saying that refunding money due to an unrelated fraudulent charge on my account on the day the payment was supposed to be taken is the reason for the mistake.

I have been driving for 13 years and have obviously had insurance for each of those years. This is the first time (and the second time) I have ever had an insurance company, or any company for that matter, screw up an automatic payment and not even attempt to make their own mistake right. Do not purchase insurance with this company. If you have the choice, don't do business with them at all. I have never had so many headaches involved with my relationship as a consumer to the company I am trying to do business with. I started out giving them the benefit of the doubt when they screwed up my very first payment, but I have canceled my policy and will never look back. I advise you skip the middleman and do the same.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I called Farm Bureau in Morrilton to get a quote for home insurance. I was told I would get a significant deduction if I also insured my autos with them. I received the quotes, one with autos added (with home policy) and one just for the home policy. The price was such that we decided to take the home policy and transfer our 3 auto to Farm Bureau, also increasing the coverage on the 3 autos. This happened on 7/22/19 working with Stephanie **, whom I was told could do anything Jonathan ** (Agent) could do.

Today 7/26/19, Stephanie called and began to ask me all over again, questions about the 2 fireplaces in the house. I gave her the same answers I gave her the first time, only now, she says, she must increase our premiums to cover wood heat. I informed her that she and I had already had the conversation regarding fireplaces and it all should have been covered in the original quote she provided. Her answer was, it did not get included and oh that she was sorry.

Now, I based my decisions on her quote, trusting that she was providing me an accurate quote of my premiums. Now that I have moved all my cars to Farm Bureau, and purchased a new policy for homeowners insurance, she is changing the premium I was quoted. This is something akin to a bait and switch, only the thing that gets switched is premiums. I can't even say how much the difference amounted to, I was so mad, I told her, "Do what you have to do." I guess it is around $150 extra. Having to pay for the privilege of doing business with them I expected far more from this experience. At the very least I expected the premiums they quote to be accurate. Sheila **

Original review: July 23, 2019

After a 89 year old female driver ran me over with my small Honda motorcycle when she pulled out the gas station without stopping my lower face and chin were cut badly and repaired. An offer of the claim adjuster before I had to fly abroad was 10K. From this I was supposed to cover my medical bills and scar treatment and I declined. No claims for lost wage, or other longer physical damage were made, but my cut face got 55 sutures and it took 2 month to be able to eat normally. Why does Farm Bureau insure drivers for much money and high personal damage cover and then enrolls lawyers to fight and delay a fair pain and suffering payment and does not pay me back the money I paid for the simplest surgery treatment without fighting it with lawyers and request me to return oversees to question me like a cheater when things are obvious and proven?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I have been with this company for 17yrs. We have home, auto and health inc. with them. I recently fell on hard times and called our local branch located in Knoxville, TN on Northshore to explain my situation and ask for options. I spoke with Connie. Not only did she cut me off, she was rude and unsympathetic. She informed me that I didn't have any options. Connie informed me that if I didn't make the full premium now I would lose coverage. When I dropped off partial payment a representative from the same branch called me back with several options to help us keep our coverage.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Farm Bureau is a good insurance company but be aware that if you have several claims or challenge their claims adjuster they will cancel your policy without providing a letter of explanation and it does not matter who’s at fault. The local office which is located in Cleveland TN has outstanding customer service but the male adjuster who is located in Chattanooga TN lacked much in the area of customer service.

Farm Bureau expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance offers insurance to a wide range of vehicles at competitive prices. The company was founded in Des Moines, IA, in 1939 and has over 1,600 employees.

• Great discounts: Farm Bureau offers discounts and benefits for drivers with multiple cars, good students, drivers that are claim-free and more.

• Coverage for a variety of vehicles: In addition to cars, they also offer coverage for vans, RVs and motorcycles.

• Young driver safety program: They offer a young driver safety program that helps prepare young drivers for the road while giving them a premium insurance discount.

• Roadside assistance: Farm Bureau offers emergency roadside assistance in the event of an unexpected accident or breakdown.

• Members app: Being a member gives you access to many discounts and perks, and you can manage these through their easy-to-use mobile app.

• Best for: Drivers with multiple cars and drivers with cars in poor condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky