Find a Car Insurance partner

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

2.3/5 (314 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

Farm Bureau Financial Services provides several types of auto and property insurances. The company offers low rates and discounts for bundled coverage, and policyholders can select from and customize various full coverage plans. Farm Bureau writes auto insurance policies in 10 states.

Pros

• Bundle discounts
  • Highly rated customer service
  • Low rates

Cons

• Limited discounts
  • Available only in 10 states

Bottom Line

Farm Bureau offers customizable auto insurance at low rates.The company doesn’t operate in all 50 states, but it has partner companies that provide some discounted coverage options.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Farm Bureau auto insurance

Farm Bureau is an insurance provider that offers affordable and customizable auto coverage. Its policy options include liability, collision, comprehensive, medical and no-fault insurance, as well as comprehensive collision insurance for motorcycles and some options for touring bikes, sportbikes, cruisers and three-wheelers. You can also bundle Farm Bureau insurances for a cheaper rate.

Farm Bureau auto insurance coverage

Farm Bureau offers standard auto coverages. It also provides a few add-ons:

• Replacement cost coverage: This will reimburse you for the cost of your car if the model is only four or five years old.
  • Roadside assistance coverage: Ensures towing services for your vehicle if it stops working.
  • Driveology: Provides discounts for safe driving. You install a small tech device into your vehicle, and if the data shows good driving with minimal mishaps, you could get up to 30% off on your premiums.

Farm Bureau auto insurance quotes and costs

Farm Bureau insurance requires an annual fee. Its cheapest coverage runs about $20 to $90 a year, depending on your location and driving history. If you work in agriculture, you might want to pay more to receive discounts and to vote on policy issues within the American Farm Bureau Federation. You can request more membership info from your state's Farm Bureau office. For a 30-year-old adult with a clean driving record, the annual rate averages around $1,675.

With Farm Bureau, you can get multicar and multipolicy discounts, and you can also get a rate cut if you have anti-theft technology installed.

Farm Bureau auto insurance FAQ

Where does Farm Bureau offer auto insurance?
Farm Bureau writes car insurance policies in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
Does Farm Bureau offer a comprehensive coverage plan?
Yes, Farm Bureau offers comprehensive auto coverage.
Where is Farm Bureau auto insurance available?
Farm Bureau has agents or partner companies in every state except Hawaii.
Who owns Farm Bureau?
The American Farm Bureau Federation owns Farm Bureau.

Is Farm Bureau auto insurance good?

Yes, Farm Bureau offers solid auto insurance coverage at affordable rates, especially when bundled with other policies (e.g., mobile home or ranch insurance). While its service area is limited, it’s a good option for qualifying drivers that want standard and low-cost auto insurance.

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

After looking around for good, decently priced insurance, we finally decided on Arkansas Farm Bureau Insurance Company (AFBIC). This wasn't a rushed decision and between the two of us (my wife and I) we looked over at least 6 different companies. All of the other companies - most of the names listed in the question - AFBIC had the best bang for the buck. We ended up getting the same high end type of policy for around $250/6 months less than the next lowest price. As with 95+% of other insurance companies I have been with, I do Not have any idea how good, bad or indifferent the claims side is because in 40+ years of paying for insurance, I've had 2 claims (both over 20 years ago).

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Have been a customer of Farm Bureau for over 30 years. Have home owner’s with them also which gives a discount. The agents and staff are easy to contact and work with. Feel they have my best interest at heart. Have had to submit claims for both auto and home. Rates did not increase and service was exceptional.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Best insurance I have had. Wonderful representative! Very reasonable, yet extremely dependable. Fair also. Two roofs and one car replaced due to hail damage. Todd C rocks. Very aware of taking good care of his customers.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I had discontinued my insurance with Farm Bureau many months ago. I received a bill for $42 today (2nd time, which I thought maybe I kept the homeowners on..but no) and realized I kept my insurance local. I called them and asked them for my policy number just to see and of course there was none. I asked, "Why am I being charged 42.00 and don’t even have a policy with you?" I then said I wanted a refund for the last payment of 42.00 for the deception. They said.. "It had been over 10 days." No refund. I am shocked Farm Bureau sends out this misleading invoice. This is fraud and to those who have multiple insurances with different companies watch for this bill. By the time you realize what they did it’s too late.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I'm relatively satisfied with this company, but they have many "provisions" that aren't covered with home owners insurance. However, they fail to point this out when they are talking to you about coverage.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Texas Farm Bureau agents and staff give personal attention to customer's needs.There are usually quick response and call back times to settle any insurance decisions or questions you may have. Decent rates and discounts for insurance bundles.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've had my home and auto insurance with Farm Bureau for 17 years. I previously had both with State Farm, but found that Farm Bureau offered the same coverage for much less. Their customer service is spot-on. Response to claims is immediate. Support from their local office is unparalleled. I've had 2 claims within the last 17 years. I received payment within 2 weeks or less to repair the damages my home had faced.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I have been with Farm Bureau for over 10 years now. Never had a claim. April 2019 - My parked car was damaged and I submitted the claim with the person who damaged it, car insurance information. All went well, until I asked for FB to go and get my $500 deductible from her car insurance. I was told by the adjuster, they would pursue it as a "courtesy". When I called for the status 8 weeks later, I was told to quit bothering them. A year passed and I reached out to my agent. He apologized. Said he would take care of it... but he couldn't find any information on file. Not about the other person's car insurance information nor pictures. I had to resend it. I have repeatedly tried to get updates. I get crickets. AWFUL!

Original review: May 13, 2020

Farm Bureau has not been COVID-19 friendly and somewhat misleading. They announced a "Promise to Give Special Premium 15% Discount" on April 18th by email. The announcement said "The Farm Bureau Insurance Companies are applying a one-time credit to all personal auto policyholders. This special credit is based on 15 percent of two months auto premium paid for each vehicle we cover-an estimated value of about $30 million. No action needs to be taken by you to receive this special assistance. We will simply credit the customers' next invoice after we start the program." However, as you can see, they didn't commit to a date when the program was to start. When I received my renewal invoice email on May 13th for a June 1, 2020 renewal the discount was not applied.

When I called my agent I was told the program doesn't start until May 15 and since my May invoice for a (6 month premium renewal) was dated prior to May 15, they cannot apply the discount until the next six months renewal invoice. That defeats the purpose of a COVID-19 discount if I have to wait 6 MORE months, until December 2020 before a discount can be applied. Then I asked if I could switch from 6 month premium to monthly premium. I was told yes but auto bank draft was required to which I agreed. Then I was told I would have to pay 2 months premium UPFRONT in order to go on the monthly plan. Again, this defeats the purpose of COVID-19 relief. All FB had to do to help policy holders that wanted to switch from 6 month payments to monthly because of COVID-19 is to waive the 2 months upfront requirement. Their attempt to help policy holders seems like a very lame effort and insincere.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had coverage for twenty years with no claims, multiple discounts to include safe driver, multi vehicle,etc. When I purchased another vehicle and was changing the coverage over I was asked if any other drivers in my home. They cancelled my policy because my girlfriend who has her own car and insurance has SR-22 which has nothing to do with my vehicle. They will probably cancel my home owner policy next since she lives with me. Will be taking my business elsewhere. Morristown, TN.

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Company Information