2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.29/5

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance provides all types of auto and property insurance to U.S. customers.

BOTTOM LINE

Farm Bureau is not just for farmers or those in rural communities. They offer home and life insurance and often bundle discounts. Many customers have been with the company since the 1980s. Happy reviewers report warm customer service from local agents and prefer the personalized service.

PROS

• Cover many types of vehicles
  • Discounts available
  • Local offices and agents
  • Young driver safety program
  • Offers a mobile app
  • Membership benefits

CONS

• Does not offer 12-month premium quotes
  • Some customers find the claims filing process cumbersome

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Have been a customer of Farm Bureau for over 30 years. Have home owner’s with them also which gives a discount. The agents and staff are easy to contact and work with. Feel they have my best interest at heart. Have had to submit claims for both auto and home. Rates did not increase and service was exceptional.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Best insurance I have had. Wonderful representative! Very reasonable, yet extremely dependable. Fair also. Two roofs and one car replaced due to hail damage. Todd C rocks. Very aware of taking good care of his customers.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: July 24, 2020

Texas Farm Bureau agents and staff give personal attention to customer's needs.There are usually quick response and call back times to settle any insurance decisions or questions you may have. Decent rates and discounts for insurance bundles.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've had my home and auto insurance with Farm Bureau for 17 years. I previously had both with State Farm, but found that Farm Bureau offered the same coverage for much less. Their customer service is spot-on. Response to claims is immediate. Support from their local office is unparalleled. I've had 2 claims within the last 17 years. I received payment within 2 weeks or less to repair the damages my home had faced.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I'm a low-income citizen & needed to get new car insurance for a lower rate. The people at Farm Bureau Ins. were very helpful & found that I could get auto & renters ins. for $82.75 per month. Farm Bureau now offers 12 month policies & for an extra $50.00 per year, roadside assistance & many other discount benefits are included. I'm so glad I have farm bureau insurance now.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I'm relatively satisfied with this company, but they have many "provisions" that aren't covered with home owners insurance. However, they fail to point this out when they are talking to you about coverage.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I have been with Farm Bureau for over 10 years now. Never had a claim. April 2019 - My parked car was damaged and I submitted the claim with the person who damaged it, car insurance information. All went well, until I asked for FB to go and get my $500 deductible from her car insurance. I was told by the adjuster, they would pursue it as a "courtesy". When I called for the status 8 weeks later, I was told to quit bothering them. A year passed and I reached out to my agent. He apologized. Said he would take care of it... but he couldn't find any information on file. Not about the other person's car insurance information nor pictures. I had to resend it. I have repeatedly tried to get updates. I get crickets. AWFUL!

Original review: May 13, 2020

Farm Bureau has not been COVID-19 friendly and somewhat misleading. They announced a "Promise to Give Special Premium 15% Discount" on April 18th by email. The announcement said "The Farm Bureau Insurance Companies are applying a one-time credit to all personal auto policyholders. This special credit is based on 15 percent of two months auto premium paid for each vehicle we cover-an estimated value of about $30 million. No action needs to be taken by you to receive this special assistance. We will simply credit the customers' next invoice after we start the program." However, as you can see, they didn't commit to a date when the program was to start. When I received my renewal invoice email on May 13th for a June 1, 2020 renewal the discount was not applied.

When I called my agent I was told the program doesn't start until May 15 and since my May invoice for a (6 month premium renewal) was dated prior to May 15, they cannot apply the discount until the next six months renewal invoice. That defeats the purpose of a COVID-19 discount if I have to wait 6 MORE months, until December 2020 before a discount can be applied. Then I asked if I could switch from 6 month premium to monthly premium. I was told yes but auto bank draft was required to which I agreed. Then I was told I would have to pay 2 months premium UPFRONT in order to go on the monthly plan. Again, this defeats the purpose of COVID-19 relief. All FB had to do to help policy holders that wanted to switch from 6 month payments to monthly because of COVID-19 is to waive the 2 months upfront requirement. Their attempt to help policy holders seems like a very lame effort and insincere.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had coverage for twenty years with no claims, multiple discounts to include safe driver, multi vehicle,etc. When I purchased another vehicle and was changing the coverage over I was asked if any other drivers in my home. They cancelled my policy because my girlfriend who has her own car and insurance has SR-22 which has nothing to do with my vehicle. They will probably cancel my home owner policy next since she lives with me. Will be taking my business elsewhere. Morristown, TN.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Farm Bureau Ins is excellent. Repairs are done quickly. Quality of repairs and replacement is not always the best. My cabinets are falling apart, and the tile is all uneven. They raised my insurance by $50 a month. I am on a combined of vehicle/house. I am on disability, $880 a month, insurance is now $200 a month and the $50 will come out of my food budget. Back to foodbank I rarely drive.They said it will come down in 2 years.I asked why the claims. My agent said it was because of 2 claims on the house. My agent said, If I "referred" people I would get $50. Many of my friends are in the same situation. I cannot refer people to a company that will cost them more money than they have. My agent said, "you can always refer family members." Obviously he has never read my file. They are all deceased. No, I will not refer, I will not even say one word to anyone in positive reference.

Farm Bureau author review by Matthew Brodsky

In addition to cars, this company offers insurance for vans, RVs and motorcycles. The company has an A rating from AM Best for financial strength. It’s important to note the company only offers auto insurance policies directly in Arizona, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

• Coverage and plans: Farm Bureau’s car insurance provides basic coverage as mandated by state governments. Farm Bureau also offers emergency roadside assistance in the event of an unexpected accident or breakdown.

• Cost: Farm Bureau auto insurance costs vary widely by state, demographics and other factors. Nationwide, the average six-month policy for a 30-year-old male is about $770. Farm Bureau customers must be members. Farm Bureau membership costs from $20 to $90 a year.

• Discounts: Farm Bureau offers discounts and benefits for drivers with multiple cars, good students and drivers that are claim-free.

• Standout feature: Members have access to several discounts and perks, which they can manage through an easy-to-use mobile app.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor