2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.24/5

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance provides all types of auto and property insurance to U.S. customers. Farm Bureau doesn't participate in InsuraMatch's program. To get multiple auto quotes at once, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I was coming home from work when I and another driver in the lane next to mine was struck by a hit and run driver who was passing three lanes of traffic on a five lane highway. The result? The insurance company paid to have the other drivers car fixed, and then tacked 2 points on my license, though the police report stated there was no fault due to a hit and run. I guess you get what you pay for. I canceled the policy and went with State Farm. Lazy insurance adjusters, cut rate customer service, you’ll get all this and then some with Farm Bureau.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Our son was using our truck and inched out of an aisle at a storage lot when a man driving lawn care equipment speeding and slammed into our truck. Our son was stopped, with witnesses and the driver was across the lane in the opposite side of the road and totaled our truck. The speed limit was 5 miles an hour. The claims agent for Farm Bureau said they couldn't say the speeding driver on the wrong side of the road was at least 55 percent responsible for the accident, really!! What kind of BS is this? We have pictures, a lot video and another witness saying they saw this guy speeding. How can that be, seriously. We hope our insurance co. sues them to get their money back for the truck. Does anyone know what we can do to fight this? The accident was in Avon IN.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Would not properly re-investigate an accident I was accused of causing when the other driver was distracted and speeding. I sustained serious injuries while the other driver was unscathed. I contacted GMC who was able to retrieve black box data (crash info) on my vehicle. The other driver is also insured with this same company. Farm Bureau is negligent about retrieving black box data on this other vehicle which would prove he caused the accident and they could recoup their payout losses.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Back when I signed up, they charged my account before they even told me if I was approved or not. My account supposedly rejected the charge, although my bank showed no record of it. I was charged a $25 late fee on my very first payment, with absolutely no effort to resolve the issue despite acknowledgement from my bank that the charge was never filed.

Fast forward 5 months and another charge is rejected. Again, the credit union that I use shows no attempt by them to charge my account despite the 11th being my automatic renewal date every month. The next day, the 12th, my life insurance policy payment is processed without issue. Again, billing is unwilling to work with me in the spirit of good customer service. At least this time they're allowing me to dispute the late fee by showing them a statement indicating that I had the money to cover their charge, and getting a letter from my credit union saying that refunding money due to an unrelated fraudulent charge on my account on the day the payment was supposed to be taken is the reason for the mistake.

I have been driving for 13 years and have obviously had insurance for each of those years. This is the first time (and the second time) I have ever had an insurance company, or any company for that matter, screw up an automatic payment and not even attempt to make their own mistake right. Do not purchase insurance with this company. If you have the choice, don't do business with them at all. I have never had so many headaches involved with my relationship as a consumer to the company I am trying to do business with. I started out giving them the benefit of the doubt when they screwed up my very first payment, but I have canceled my policy and will never look back. I advise you skip the middleman and do the same.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I called Farm Bureau in Morrilton to get a quote for home insurance. I was told I would get a significant deduction if I also insured my autos with them. I received the quotes, one with autos added (with home policy) and one just for the home policy. The price was such that we decided to take the home policy and transfer our 3 auto to Farm Bureau, also increasing the coverage on the 3 autos. This happened on 7/22/19 working with Stephanie **, whom I was told could do anything Jonathan ** (Agent) could do.

Today 7/26/19, Stephanie called and began to ask me all over again, questions about the 2 fireplaces in the house. I gave her the same answers I gave her the first time, only now, she says, she must increase our premiums to cover wood heat. I informed her that she and I had already had the conversation regarding fireplaces and it all should have been covered in the original quote she provided. Her answer was, it did not get included and oh that she was sorry.

Now, I based my decisions on her quote, trusting that she was providing me an accurate quote of my premiums. Now that I have moved all my cars to Farm Bureau, and purchased a new policy for homeowners insurance, she is changing the premium I was quoted. This is something akin to a bait and switch, only the thing that gets switched is premiums. I can't even say how much the difference amounted to, I was so mad, I told her, "Do what you have to do." I guess it is around $150 extra. Having to pay for the privilege of doing business with them I expected far more from this experience. At the very least I expected the premiums they quote to be accurate. Sheila **

Original review: July 23, 2019

After a 89 year old female driver ran me over with my small Honda motorcycle when she pulled out the gas station without stopping my lower face and chin were cut badly and repaired. An offer of the claim adjuster before I had to fly abroad was 10K. From this I was supposed to cover my medical bills and scar treatment and I declined. No claims for lost wage, or other longer physical damage were made, but my cut face got 55 sutures and it took 2 month to be able to eat normally. Why does Farm Bureau insure drivers for much money and high personal damage cover and then enrolls lawyers to fight and delay a fair pain and suffering payment and does not pay me back the money I paid for the simplest surgery treatment without fighting it with lawyers and request me to return oversees to question me like a cheater when things are obvious and proven?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I have been with this company for 17yrs. We have home, auto and health inc. with them. I recently fell on hard times and called our local branch located in Knoxville, TN on Northshore to explain my situation and ask for options. I spoke with Connie. Not only did she cut me off, she was rude and unsympathetic. She informed me that I didn't have any options. Connie informed me that if I didn't make the full premium now I would lose coverage. When I dropped off partial payment a representative from the same branch called me back with several options to help us keep our coverage.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I been with Farm Bureau for years with my personal coverages but just recently switched my business insurance to them as well. The prices are much lower than what I was paying and I feel that I really understand what they do. Michael is my agent and she is excellent! The girls who work the front are knowledgeable and great at their jobs. I highly recommend this company!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Farm Bureau is a good insurance company but be aware that if you have several claims or challenge their claims adjuster they will cancel your policy without providing a letter of explanation and it does not matter who’s at fault. The local office which is located in Cleveland TN has outstanding customer service but the male adjuster who is located in Chattanooga TN lacked much in the area of customer service.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I am a 52 year old man. I have a very good driving record with no accident until 2 years ago when someone rear-ended me at a red light. The accident I had this time was on me definitely my fault. The problem I have is I have a 2011 GMC truck. It had a lot of miles but was a one owner truck that ran excellent. They are giving me 3900 for this truck. I asked him where he got this number. He said that is what they are selling for in a 150 mile radius. I said ok I want a one owner 2011 GMC truck. I will pay to have it checked out by a mechanic and if he can get this where? He said he found 2 similar trucks. So first he got his average from 2 trucks that are 300 miles apart I might add. One has been sold at auction twice the other got mysteriously sold the minute we told them we were coming for it. Bottom line I got shafted and if I didn't track them down they never would have called me. Stay away from Farm Bureau Insurance.

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Company Information