Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
2.27/5

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance provides all types of auto and property insurance to U.S. customers. Farm Bureau doesn't participate in InsuraMatch's program. To get multiple auto quotes at once, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

I been with Farm Bureau for years with my personal coverages but just recently switched my business insurance to them as well. The prices are much lower than what I was paying and I feel that I really understand what they do. Michael is my agent and she is excellent! The girls who work the front are knowledgeable and great at their jobs. I highly recommend this company!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Farm Bureau is a good insurance company but be aware that if you have several claims or challenge their claims adjuster they will cancel your policy without providing a letter of explanation and it does not matter who’s at fault. The local office which is located in Cleveland TN has outstanding customer service but the male adjuster who is located in Chattanooga TN lacked much in the area of customer service.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I am a 52 year old man. I have a very good driving record with no accident until 2 years ago when someone rear-ended me at a red light. The accident I had this time was on me definitely my fault. The problem I have is I have a 2011 GMC truck. It had a lot of miles but was a one owner truck that ran excellent. They are giving me 3900 for this truck. I asked him where he got this number. He said that is what they are selling for in a 150 mile radius. I said ok I want a one owner 2011 GMC truck. I will pay to have it checked out by a mechanic and if he can get this where? He said he found 2 similar trucks. So first he got his average from 2 trucks that are 300 miles apart I might add. One has been sold at auction twice the other got mysteriously sold the minute we told them we were coming for it. Bottom line I got shafted and if I didn't track them down they never would have called me. Stay away from Farm Bureau Insurance.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Car accident 2018. Rear end tap. Adjuster paid $40,000 medical. Now my insurance has gone up $600 per year. No after contact with adjuster! Guess adjusters are judges! Easy? Car had 1 small scratch and probably didn’t go to body shop.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I’ve only been with the company for a year. The office staff in Anderson SC is very rude. I had a accident and only need to switch my payment date once for my new vehicle. They told me there is nothing I can without me paying a lot more. Instead of just switching payment dates. I was out of work for almost 4 weeks. I made a payment even after my car was totaled. I thought your insurance company should be on your side .

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau?

Original review: April 13, 2019

I got hit from behind but other party didn't have insurance so I had to use my insurance company which is Texas Farm Bureau and they are a joke. They say they would fix my bumper but not the shaking and bouncing on my truck and tried to make it seem like it was there before I got hit and it wasn't. I have receipts where I paid $4000 for lift kit with new springs struts, shock, etc a week before and a perfect alignment but I pay $5000 a year premium and you don't want to fix my truck correctly. This company is a RIPOFF. Please do not use the people. Texas Farm Bureau!!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Customer service is non-existent. It took us almost three weeks to finally reach their Pender County office after Hurricane Florence. The phones were always business and no voicemail available. After finally reaching the office and numerous calls we only got one call back over the next 6 months. Our agent basically said they only sell policies and cannot help with any claims. Our wind and hail claim was denied based on an engineering report paid for by Farm Bureau. This report had so many blatant errors in it that it was clearly meant to support their claim denial. Needless to say we will be changing insurers and urge others to do the same.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I got into an accident and we both have Farm Bureau. It was the other driver fault and she side swipe my car on the driver side and I can only open my door partly to get in and out. It is very hard trying to get in and out of my door. I thought originally they was going to send out an adjuster but I had to do all the leg work, take pictures and send it to her. After I sent them all the information and appraisal she thought the estimate is too high and now she want to send an adjuster. I do not understand why they did not send the adjuster out in the beginning, now I have to wait even longer trying to get in and out of my car. I have never dealt with insurance company that is so unconcern about their insurer.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I was involved in a fairly minor MVA, when my rental car was struck by another vehicle in the passenger rear door. The incident occurred after normal business hours and I called and called Farm Bureau but each time I called they hung up on me. I contacted my agent by email and the next day he told me to file a claim on the other driver. Only after consulting with the liability department was I asked to file a claim with Farm Bureau. The claim was assigned to an adjuster who has not been responsive. He didn't even know which car I was driving at the time of the accident. I have called and emailed him many times but he refuses to respond. My agent also refuses to respond. As soon as I get some answers (it doesn't look like I'll get any help from them), I am ditching them and taking my auto and home owners insurance elsewhere.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Asked for a Quote and This Fraudulent Company ran a hard inquiry on our credit WITHOUT OUR APPROVAL. When we contacted them they used every excuse in the book. NO OTHER insurance company has run a hard inquiry on our credit for simply providing a quote. We have used GEICO and USAA for many years and have received many quotes and NEVER HAS A HARD INQUIRY been MADE for a simply QUOTE!! This organization is a FRAUD and the FTC needs to fine them for SHADY PRACTICES. We now have to dispute the hard inquiry with Experian, Equifax and Transunion since WE DID NOT GIVE our PERMISSION for a hard inquiry for a auto insurance QUOTE!!!

Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Company Information