Dairyland cycle
1.00/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dairyland Cycle

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Dairyland cycle Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

When I insured my motorcycle through Dairyland they sent a statement for coverage for the year. I paid Dairyland in full. A week later they sent an additional bill. At the expiration of the policy they were dropped by me, they then sent me another bill even though they had been dropped.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Please be aware if your bike brakes down and you put it away till repaired, and cancel your policy they will penalized you 70 bucks. You will have to keep paying till end of policy, my case was 8 more months, so they got me for 70 bucks even though I was paid up!!!

Get expert buying tips about Motorcycle Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 24, 2019

When I got insurance from Dairyland they charged me $150 and that wasn't even for one month. Now they got a hold on $178 with my bank and I'm trying to cancel it. They said if I did it would take 10 days to get my money back. Champagne like $300 a month for liability only. No roadside services. No rental. If I get in an accident and I was only paying 137 State Farm. Stay away from Dairyland. Go anywhere but they're there.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Been fighting with Dairyland for 6 months. They refuse to cancel policy with written notice, email notice, and verbal notice. They keep stealing money from my account, until I put a fraud alert on them at the bank. Someone finally agrees to cancel policy, but then they reinstate the policy and harass me and threaten to send me to collections if I don't pay for the policy I have been trying to cancel for 6 months. I asked for a cancellation and refund of money stolen. They finally agree to send refund, but they never put it back in my bank. I called again, probably the 231st time I called. They said they would send refund and an apology letter, overnight. Didn't receive refund for 3 days, that's not overnight. Apology letter is a letter blaming me for their lack of communication and customer service. NEVER USE DAIRYLAND!!! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I was involved in a motorcycle accident 9 months ago. I have a 2017 Road Glide Special. The repair estimate from the Harley dealer was for 21K. The adjuster called me and said that he had worked out a deal with the dealership to get the repairs down and that now it's under the 75% total ratio and can't be totaled. The new repair cost is now at 18K and my bike's value is 21K retail so that's well within the total ratio. I get an email from Chris ** stating that they value my bike at 29K and can't be totaled. I can buy a brand new 2019 for 24k. One dealership won't even take my bike due to the damage. The others will give me 18K on trade. They are crooks in my view and should be reprimanded. Anthony ** and ** are horrible. If you are considering Dairyland, you may save a hundred bucks a year but if you need them you will find yourself in a mess as I did. Buyer beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland cycle?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was quoted $821 for the whole year for two bikes and after they found out I don't qualify for the homeowner discount, the price was over double the quote. So I cancelled and went with GEICO and got a cheaper price. Now they saying owe them when I think they owe me because I put 379 down on 7/15/17 and cancelled 9/22/17.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I am absolutely dissatisfied with this insurance company. My bike got vandalized and it ended up being salvaged. 3 weeks later they have my bike and keep throwing me through a loop giving me 1/3 of what my bike is worth. Saying there's nothing I can do but wait. They have my bike. I should have my check which is hardly anything compared to the 18k I have into it... Horrible insurance. I wouldn't choose this company for my worst enemy. Robbed me of my money!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I have insurance with Liberty Mutual for my motorcycle which is old but mint condition, 1983 Goldwing. Liberty doesn't have full coverage on my bike because of age, So I want full coverage, I call Dairyland. They gave me full coverage, quoted me a price and I payed it. They took the money out of bank account, next I get a letter stating I gave them the wrong bank account number. They lied, they took the money out of my account. Now they want more money, so I said "I'm having problems with you already". I cancelled them, which I had a hard time doing, very hard, but I still had insurance with Liberty Mutual all along.

Even though not having insurance with Dairyland, Dairyland continues to contact the state of motor vehicles where I live saying I don't have insurance on my bike, which I do with Liberty still. The state keeps wanting proof that I have insurance for my bike, which Liberty Mutual sent them proof. I'm still getting letters from the state because DairyLand keeps telling them I don't have insurance. This is harassment, scamming, and what other junk I keep getting from Dairyland. I have papers from Dairyland. I no longer have insurance from them but they still continue to send me paperwork, insurance cards, and still telling the state of Pennsylvania, I have no insurance.

Beware, do not I repeat DO NOT get insurance from this Dairyland Insurance. They'll scam you on money, They'll harass you in every way, till you have to spend money on a lawyer to deal with them. Dairyland is the nastiest company ever, Want a great insurance company, go with Liberty Mutual Insurance, I been in three accidents whether it was my fault or others. Please take my advice. I had to press charges against Dairyland for harassment and other charges that are pending. Please please, do not get insurance from this company. By the way, I'm still being harassed by Dairyland. Good luck to you all if you go with them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

On July 4, 2015, I wrecked my motorcycle avoiding another vehicle traveling less than 15 mph in a 45 mph in a blind curve (have video of the accident). I was riding a 2012 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic with about $12,000 of upgrades and modifications. The condition was such that, at the urging of friends, I had entered it in a bike show earlier in the year.

I was carrying full coverage plus $8,000 of additional equipment insurance. The estimate to fix my motorcycle was $14,050. Dairyland Insurance opted to total the bike. That way, instead of paying to repair or replace my upgrades, they could price it as a package. For a spotless, 3 year 4-month-old motorcycle with 20,050 miles on it, that I had invested over $35,000, I ended up with $17,500 minus my $500 deductible. I removed what I could of the modifications and received $0 for the $3,500 of equipment that I was unable to retrieve from the motorcycle. Do not trust this company. They are a division of Sentry Insurance.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I had a motorcycle policy, which I paid monthly. I found a cheaper policy with a more reputable company and called to cancel a day after I had made a payment and was told I'd receive a refund - to my surprise I received a bill for $70 more dollars... What happens is once you cancel you are charged a 10% fee of whatever your unpaid premium is (for the year) but before they calculate that unpaid premium they get rid of a winter discount (which raises the unpaid premium) which is 3 months worth of premium; I asked for an amount but they couldn't provide it. Never go with them again.

Dairyland cycle expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Insuring bike riders since 1966, Dairyland Cycle promotes safe riding and safe sport riding. They sponsor racing teams and push programs to educate the public about road safety.

• Easy online quoting: In minutes you can have a quote in hand to cover any make or model of bike.

• Nationwide coverage: Offering policies in 42 states, you can get a policy virtually anywhere.

• Education information available: Their website contains a wealth of resources designed to help new and experienced riders find anything they need to know about motorcycle ownership.

• Collision and comprehensive: Get as much or as little insurance as you want, with both collision and comprehensive policies.

• 24/7 claims management: Although not available online, Dairyland Cycle does offer claims management all day, every day.

• Best for: Weekend warriors and everyday riders.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky