1.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 5, 2017

9 Dairyland Cycle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was quoted $821 for the whole year for two bikes and after they found out I don't qualify for the homeowner discount, the price was over double the quote. So I cancelled and went with GEICO and got a cheaper price. Now they saying owe them when I think they owe me because I put 379 down on 7/15/17 and cancelled 9/22/17.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I am absolutely dissatisfied with this insurance company. My bike got vandalized and it ended up being salvaged. 3 weeks later they have my bike and keep throwing me through a loop giving me 1/3 of what my bike is worth. Saying there's nothing I can do but wait. They have my bike. I should have my check which is hardly anything compared to the 18k I have into it... Horrible insurance. I wouldn't choose this company for my worst enemy. Robbed me of my money!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I have insurance with Liberty Mutual for my motorcycle which is old but mint condition, 1983 Goldwing. Liberty doesn't have full coverage on my bike because of age, So I want full coverage, I call Dairyland. They gave me full coverage, quoted me a price and I payed it. They took the money out of bank account, next I get a letter stating I gave them the wrong bank account number. They lied, they took the money out of my account. Now they want more money, so I said "I'm having problems with you already". I cancelled them, which I had a hard time doing, very hard, but I still had insurance with Liberty Mutual all along.

Even though not having insurance with Dairyland, Dairyland continues to contact the state of motor vehicles where I live saying I don't have insurance on my bike, which I do with Liberty still. The state keeps wanting proof that I have insurance for my bike, which Liberty Mutual sent them proof. I'm still getting letters from the state because DairyLand keeps telling them I don't have insurance. This is harassment, scamming, and what other junk I keep getting from Dairyland. I have papers from Dairyland. I no longer have insurance from them but they still continue to send me paperwork, insurance cards, and still telling the state of Pennsylvania, I have no insurance.

Beware, do not I repeat DO NOT get insurance from this Dairyland Insurance. They'll scam you on money, They'll harass you in every way, till you have to spend money on a lawyer to deal with them. Dairyland is the nastiest company ever, Want a great insurance company, go with Liberty Mutual Insurance, I been in three accidents whether it was my fault or others. Please take my advice. I had to press charges against Dairyland for harassment and other charges that are pending. Please please, do not get insurance from this company. By the way, I'm still being harassed by Dairyland. Good luck to you all if you go with them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

On July 4, 2015, I wrecked my motorcycle avoiding another vehicle traveling less than 15 mph in a 45 mph in a blind curve (have video of the accident). I was riding a 2012 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic with about $12,000 of upgrades and modifications. The condition was such that, at the urging of friends, I had entered it in a bike show earlier in the year.

I was carrying full coverage plus $8,000 of additional equipment insurance. The estimate to fix my motorcycle was $14,050. Dairyland Insurance opted to total the bike. That way, instead of paying to repair or replace my upgrades, they could price it as a package. For a spotless, 3 year 4-month-old motorcycle with 20,050 miles on it, that I had invested over $35,000, I ended up with $17,500 minus my $500 deductible. I removed what I could of the modifications and received $0 for the $3,500 of equipment that I was unable to retrieve from the motorcycle. Do not trust this company. They are a division of Sentry Insurance.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I had a motorcycle policy, which I paid monthly. I found a cheaper policy with a more reputable company and called to cancel a day after I had made a payment and was told I'd receive a refund - to my surprise I received a bill for $70 more dollars... What happens is once you cancel you are charged a 10% fee of whatever your unpaid premium is (for the year) but before they calculate that unpaid premium they get rid of a winter discount (which raises the unpaid premium) which is 3 months worth of premium; I asked for an amount but they couldn't provide it. Never go with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Cycle?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

I had motorcycle insurance through this lousy company. I took their right to access my bank account and they illegally withdrew the funds from my bank account, overdrew my bank account and now won't reimburse the funds and say they're not liable for the problem! Don't go near this bunch of lying, stealing no good thieves!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I had an accident on my Harley. The accident was caused due to gravel (an excessive amount) and other road debris. The bike was totalled. The accident was clearly not my fault. Police showed and agreed that the accident was not my fault, it was clearly due to conditions of road and no tickets were issued. Officer told me that I would have been at fault I would have received a careless driving ticket but being the conditions he felt any rider would have had the same results. Dairyland on the other hand not being there, never seeing the scene determined that I was at fault. A adjustor whom does not nor never road a bike told me I was at fault because I didn't try hard enough to avoid crashing, as if I wanted to crash. Though they did pay the claim, their determination has caused me higher insurance rates. I found their customer care to be rude. I personally would not recommend Dairyland.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

Contacted customer service to see why my rate keeps going up. Signed up for a yearly contract. Payment has gone up each month until now it has settled at a VERY high rate. I contacted customer service and they just didn't care. Then I found out if I cancel, there are FEES involved. Ok probably my fault for not knowing that but it's crazy expensive to cancel a yearly contract!! For two bikes, Dairyland costs me 199.25 a month. I got the same quote/coverage from Direct General at $65.00 a month. Worth cancelling Dairyland, paying the cancel fee, since I'll make it up within a couple months with just the savings. It'll be worth getting rid of Dairyland too just to NOT have to deal with the attitudes and their terrible customer service department. Dairyland.... what a mistake!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2014

Dairyland was a Horrible choice for me. Poor communication and they canceled my policy without notification even though they were supposed to be taking money out direct deposit. Now I have to have an SR-22 due to an uninsured accident that wasn't my fault due to their incompetence. Geico on the other hand cost more but has been very helpful and I know what's going on with my policy.

Dairyland Cycle expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Insuring bike riders since 1966, Dairyland Cycle promotes safe riding and safe sport riding. They sponsor racing teams and push programs to educate the public about road safety.

• Easy online quoting: In minutes you can have a quote in hand to cover any make or model of bike.

• Nationwide coverage: Offering policies in 42 states, you can get a policy virtually anywhere.

• Education information available: Their website contains a wealth of resources designed to help new and experienced riders find anything they need to know about motorcycle ownership.

• Collision and comprehensive: Get as much or as little insurance as you want, with both collision and comprehensive policies.

• 24/7 claims management: Although not available online, Dairyland Cycle does offer claims management all day, every day.

• Best for: Weekend warriors and everyday riders.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky