Dairyland cycle

About Dairyland cycle

Dairyland cycle Reviews

Stars Rating

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland cycle?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland cycle?
    Coverage

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2016

On July 4, 2015, I wrecked my motorcycle avoiding another vehicle traveling less than 15 mph in a 45 mph in a blind curve (have video of the accident). I was riding a 2012 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic with about $12,000 of upgrades and modifications. The condition was such that, at the urging of friends, I had entered it in a bike show earlier in the year.

I was carrying full coverage plus $8,000 of additional equipment insurance. The estimate to fix my motorcycle was $14,050. Dairyland Insurance opted to total the bike. That way, instead of paying to repair or replace my upgrades, they could price it as a package. For a spotless, 3 year 4-month-old motorcycle with 20,050 miles on it, that I had invested over $35,000, I ended up with $17,500 minus my $500 deductible. I removed what I could of the modifications and received $0 for the $3,500 of equipment that I was unable to retrieve from the motorcycle. Do not trust this company. They are a division of Sentry Insurance.

Price

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2015

I had a motorcycle policy, which I paid monthly. I found a cheaper policy with a more reputable company and called to cancel a day after I had made a payment and was told I'd receive a refund - to my surprise I received a bill for $70 more dollars... What happens is once you cancel you are charged a 10% fee of whatever your unpaid premium is (for the year) but before they calculate that unpaid premium they get rid of a winter discount (which raises the unpaid premium) which is 3 months worth of premium; I asked for an amount but they couldn't provide it. Never go with them again.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2015

I had motorcycle insurance through this lousy company. I took their right to access my bank account and they illegally withdrew the funds from my bank account, overdrew my bank account and now won't reimburse the funds and say they're not liable for the problem! Don't go near this bunch of lying, stealing no good thieves!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2014

I had an accident on my Harley. The accident was caused due to gravel (an excessive amount) and other road debris. The bike was totalled. The accident was clearly not my fault. Police showed and agreed that the accident was not my fault, it was clearly due to conditions of road and no tickets were issued. Officer told me that I would have been at fault I would have received a careless driving ticket but being the conditions he felt any rider would have had the same results. Dairyland on the other hand not being there, never seeing the scene determined that I was at fault. A adjustor whom does not nor never road a bike told me I was at fault because I didn't try hard enough to avoid crashing, as if I wanted to crash. Though they did pay the claim, their determination has caused me higher insurance rates. I found their customer care to be rude. I personally would not recommend Dairyland.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2014

Contacted customer service to see why my rate keeps going up. Signed up for a yearly contract. Payment has gone up each month until now it has settled at a VERY high rate. I contacted customer service and they just didn't care. Then I found out if I cancel, there are FEES involved. Ok probably my fault for not knowing that but it's crazy expensive to cancel a yearly contract!! For two bikes, Dairyland costs me 199.25 a month. I got the same quote/coverage from Direct General at $65.00 a month. Worth cancelling Dairyland, paying the cancel fee, since I'll make it up within a couple months with just the savings. It'll be worth getting rid of Dairyland too just to NOT have to deal with the attitudes and their terrible customer service department. Dairyland.... what a mistake!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2014

Dairyland was a Horrible choice for me. Poor communication and they canceled my policy without notification even though they were supposed to be taking money out direct deposit. Now I have to have an SR-22 due to an uninsured accident that wasn't my fault due to their incompetence. Geico on the other hand cost more but has been very helpful and I know what's going on with my policy.

Dairyland cycle Company Information