Find the Best Car Insurance in Fresno, CA
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Insurance marketplace with a free online comparison tool for auto, home, renters, life and health insurance quotes. Enter your parameters and get quotes from the top providers in minutes.
|Farmers Auto Insurance||Read 502 Reviews|
In 1959, Farmers Insurance received thanks for quickly replacing a customer's stolen car battery. Today, it serves over 10 million households throughout the U.S., offering coverage against accidents as well as repair services.
|Freeway Auto Insurance||Read 148 Reviews|
Freeway Insurance belongs to Confie Seguros, the largest private insurance company in the U.S. It offers affordable auto insurance plans, including high-risk insurance, to help every consumer be able to afford auto insurance.
|Fiesta Auto Insurance||Read 22 Reviews|
Founded in 1999, Fiesta Auto Insurance Center has locations around the country and work with over 40 top insurance carriers. They have Spanish fluency for consumers who speak Spanish, and consumers can request a free quote online.
|Avakian Insurance Services Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Offers a variety of auto insurance policies and motorcycle insurance options. Provides personalized attention from trained and experienced agents. Gives free quotes.
|Bat Insurance Agency||Read Expert Review|
Sells and services insurance from multiple companies. Provides SR-22 assistance. Can set up auto insurance in 15 minutes over the phone. Gives no-obligation insurance quotes.
|Cal-Valley Insurance Services||Read Expert Review|
Represents many companies. Offers customized insurance policies for cars and motorcycles. Client portal online available 24/7. Donates to charity for each referral. Gives no-obligation quotes.
|Central Auto Insurance Agency||Read Expert Review|
Guarantees the cheapest car insurance in Fresno. Gives fast, free quotes. Promises to return calls and address claims within one day. Operates two locations in Fresno and one in Clovis. Spanish-speaking representatives available.
|New Horizon Insurance Services||Read Expert Review|
Handles all California auto insurance needs. Helps with motorcycle insurance and SR-22 filings. Designs policies to fit each client. Request a quote or callback online. Locations in Fresno, Madera and Clovis.
|Pronto Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Offers customizable auto policies with one-, two-, three- and six-month terms. Offers discounts for insuring multiple cars or renewing. Operates an online claims center and live website chat. Gives free quotes.
Owning a car or driving in Fresno comes with risk. According to the city's most recent statistics, there were more than 3,200 traffic collisions in a one-year period. One-third of those caused injuries and 42 people were killed. Auto insurance gives you financial security if you injure yourself or someone else or damage your car or another person’s property while driving. Keep reading to learn more about the cost and required car insurance coverage in Fresno.
How much is car insurance in Fresno?
The average cost of car insurance in Fresno is between $1,400 and $1,800 a year, or $117 to $150 per month. Although auto insurance in Fresno is higher than the national average, it is still cheaper than prices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento. One of the factors that determine your premium is where you live in Fresno, as indicated in the table below, which shows average annual rates for a 40-year-old male driver.
|Fresno area||Full coverage||Liability coverage||State minimum|
|Old Fig Garden||$1,585||$625||$515|
Other factors that affect the cost of auto insurance in Fresno are:
- Your driving record
- How many years you've been licensed
- The vehicle you drive
- How many miles you drive each year
Before buying car insurance in Fresno, compare quotes from multiple insurers and ask your agent or broker about discounts for things like insuring more than one car, being a good driver or having vehicle safety features. You can also save by increasing your deductible on comprehensive or collision coverage. The California Department of Insurance recommends that consumers check an insurance company's California business license.
If you can’t afford California auto insurance, you may qualify for California’s Low Cost Automobile Insurance Program.
California auto insurance requirements
California requires drivers and vehicle owners to have liability insurance. Liability insurance pays for injuries to others or damage to their property if you are at fault in an accident. The following limits, or amounts the insurance company pays for a claim, are necessary:
- $15,000 for injury or death of one person per accident
- $30,000 for injury or death of more than one person per accident
- $5,000 for property damage per accident
Many drivers purchase liability insurance with higher limits, as most accidents can exceed the coverage minimums. You should also consider purchasing other types of car insurance coverage, such as uninsured motorist, medical payments, collision and comprehensive. If you have a car loan, the lender may require you to purchase coverage beyond the minimum.
Fresno car insurance FAQ
- Why is car insurance so expensive in California?
- The high cost of car insurance in California is in large part due to the number of cars and drivers on the road. According to the state Department of Motor Vehicles, there are more than 35 million registered vehicles and more than 27 million licensed drivers in California. More drivers and cars on the road mean more accidents, which raises the risk for insurance companies.
- Is California a PIP state?
- No, California doesn’t require personal injury protection coverage — only liability coverage. PIP coverage is commonly required in no-fault states. California is an at-fault state.
- Do I need gap insurance coverage in Fresno?
- Gap insurance is useful if you have negative equity in your car and would not be able to pay off your loan if your vehicle is totaled or stolen. Gap insurance tends to make the most sense if you're leasing, if you have a long-term car loan or if you put down a low down payment on your vehicle.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Fresno auto insurance company information
Central Auto Insurance Agency, Inc. helps people find the cheapest insurance in Fresno. It is independent and represents several leading companies that offer car insurance and motorcycle insurance. Check its website for sample rates, then call or fill out an online form when you’re ready for free quotes.
- Address: 3668 W. Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA 93711; Multiple locations
- Phone: (559) 275-9911
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Website: caiautoinsurance.com
New Horizon Insurance Services, with offices in Fresno, Madera and Clovis, is an independent agency with access to dozens of insurance carriers. It helps insure all types of drivers and vehicles, including motorcycles. The company offers SR-22 assistance. Request a quote or schedule an appointment on the New Horizon Insurance Services website.
- Address: 1109 E. Champlain Drive, Fresno, CA 93720; Multiple locations
- Phone: (559) 244-6644
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: newhorizonins.com
Pronto Insurance offers several different car insurance policy packages with terms lasting one to six months and the ability to customize policies according to your budget and needs. Save with discounts for insuring multiple cars and renewing. Request a quote online by filling out a form or starting a live chat, or you can call for more information.
- Address: 4045 N. Blackstone Ave., Fresno, CA 93726; Multiple locations
- Phone: (559) 248-2380
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 3pm
- Website: prontoinsurance.com
Cal-Valley Insurance Services has been providing insurance services in California since 1984. Its advisors listen to your needs, identify the coverage you need and create a customized, affordable plan for your car or motorcycle. Request a quote online, and a representative from Cal-Valley Insurance Services reaches out with information and proposals.
- Address: 5070 N. Sixth St., Ste. 155, Fresno, CA 93710
- Phone: (559) 225-1300
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: calvalleyinsurance.com
Bat Insurance Agency is an independent agency that sells car insurance and motorcycle insurance in Fresno. It also provides SR-22 services. Call for a no-obligation quote. Bat Insurance Agency can give you a price and set up coverage over the phone in less than 15 minutes, according to its website.
- Address: 7975 N. Cedar Ave., Ste. 103, Fresno, CA 93720
- Phone: (415) 903-2020
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: batinsurance.com
Avakian Insurance Services Inc. is a family-owned and -operated, independent agency that prides itself on personalized insurance solutions and local support. Specialists work with customers one-on-one to find the right auto insurance policy. Fill out a form on Avakian Insurance Services Inc.’s website, and an agent will be in touch.
- Address: 1274 W. Hedges Ave., Fresno, CA 93728
- Phone: (559) 697-4431
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 5pm; F: 8:30am - 4pm
- Website: avakianinsurance.com