Find the Best Car Insurance in Albuquerque, NM
Top 13 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Free online marketplace that matches you with car insurers in minutes. Works with more than 160 insurance companies. Has handled over 35 million quote requests. Offers online resources on car insurance topics.
|Allstate Auto Insurance|
Read 2,104 Reviews
Protects drivers with standard and specialty coverages. Policies include claim satisfaction guarantee, Drivewise and Allstate Rewards. Accident forgiveness and roadside assistance add-ons. Offers more than 10 types of discounts.
|Get a Quote|
|Farmers Auto Insurance|
Read 518 Reviews
Provides tailored auto coverage with personal service from an agent. Offers discounts for bundling, going paperless, being a safe driver, being a good student and using the Signal app. Policy management through the Farmers app.
|Freeway Auto Insurance|
Read 156 Reviews
Works with multiple insurance companies to find customers coverage they can afford. Helps all types of drivers. Agents speak English and Spanish. Has an online auto insurance knowledge center with resources. Online quotes.
|Dairyland auto||Read 233 Reviews|
Offers car insurance in select states with pay-as-you-go plans and low down payments regardless of your financial history. Coverage for teen drivers, drivers with DUIs, nonowners and those needing SR-22 filings.
Read 253 Reviews
Hispanic-owned company with over 700 offices in 11 states. Provides quotes to all customers despite poor driving or credit history. Low down payments and convenient monthly payments. Claims department available six days a week.
|Fiesta Auto Insurance|
Read 24 Reviews
Offers car insurance for as little as $1 a day. Customers have access to 40 insurance carriers. Provides services in Spanish. Also offers tax preparation services. Contact for free quotes and information about discounts.
Compares insurance offers from various providers. Requires some personal information, vehicle details and insurance and driving history for quotes. Over 50 million people use its free online service.
|Get a Quote|
|Acceptance Car Insurance Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Provides free online car insurance quotes. Offers specialty auto insurance for a variety of customers, including teenage and high-risk drivers. Sells motorcycle insurance. Lets customers make payments and submit claims online.
|Albuquerque Insurance World Inc. Car Insurance||Read Author Review|
Provides free car insurance quotes online. Activates insurance policies over the phone. Accepts payment on its website and in person. Offers car insurance for customers who routinely drive in Mexico.
|Auto Insurance America||Read Author Review|
Provides car insurance quotes online. Offers coverage starting at $31 per month. Insures cars, RVs, boats and motorcycles. Has flexible payment options, including pick-the-day and pay-in-cash options.
|Peake Car Insurance Albuquerque NM||Read Author Review|
Offers free auto insurance quotes online. Provides 24/7 claims service. Works with a number of national companies. Uses a quick, four-step system to get customers accurate quotes.
|Sunset Car Insurance||Read Author Review|
Spanish-speaking representatives available. Offers free car insurance quotes. Has a special teen driver program. Partners with an auto loan company and 23 different insurers to conveniently combine car shopping and insurance.
Driving in Albuquerque, NM
New Mexico requires drivers to carry car insurance, but it’s more than a legal necessity. Auto insurance also helps people deal with the many problems that come with driving in Albuquerque.
- Crashes in Albuquerque: There were more than 19,000 car crashes in Albuquerque during 2017. This accident rate is why many Albuquerque residents invest in car insurance to financially protect themselves in case of a collision.
- Road conditions in Albuquerque: Albuquerque’s high altitude means the weather is unpredictable, and the city’s drivers have to deal with both rain and snow. Windy days in New Mexico can turn a simple rain shower into an icy hazard. Also, New Mexico has earmarked nearly $400 million for new road construction projects, meaning Albuquerque residents also have to watch for more gridlock, orange barrels, uneven roads and potholes. Albuquerque's increased traffic congestion and dangerous weather make it essential you have auto insurance to protect yourself.
- Vehicle theft in Albuquerque: Albuquerque has high property crime rates, especially for car thefts. With nearly 8,000 stolen cars each year, Albuquerque residents should make sure they have coverage to replace their vehicle if it’s stolen. La Cuesta, Kirtland Addition and Canada Village have the highest crime rates in the city, so people that live near these areas need to protect themselves in case their car disappears.
Typical Albuquerque car insurance quotes
Car insurance in Albuquerque typically runs from about $550 to $1,200 annually, depending on the coverage level and ZIP code. Insurers care about your neighborhood because they use it to determine their risk based on crime rates, on-street parking, police proximity and property values.
The table below shows yearly premiums for a 30-year-old woman driving a newer sedan in different areas of Albuquerque.
|Albuquerque neighborhood||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Downtown - 87102||$960||$802||$714|
|Rio Rancho - 87124||$1,012||$842||$748|
|Bernalillo - 87004||$938||$782||$696|
|South Valley - 87105||$1,074||$888||$786|
|Sandia Heights - 87111||$1,004||$838||$746|
|North Valley - 87114||$1,056||$884||$786|
Car insurance providers also take other factors into account, such as your:
- Marital status
- Credit score
Insurers use this information to determine how likely you are to get in an accident or pay your premiums on time.
New Mexico auto insurance requirements
New Mexico’s Motor Vehicle Division requires drivers to have 25/50/10 car insurance coverage. That means policies must include $25,000 for the injury or death of one person, $50,000 for the injury or death of two or more people and $10,000 for property damage.
More than 20% of Albuquerque drivers are uninsured, meaning there’s at least a 1-in-5 chance that if you get in an accident with another car, the other driver does not have car insurance to cover the damage they cause. Even if you have good insurance, you could still find yourself paying out of pocket for things like medical expenses. Therefore, it’s essential to make sure that your policy comes with uninsured motorist protection.
High-risk auto insurance
The New Mexico Motor Vehicle Insurance Plan provides high-risk drivers with the opportunity to receive minimum auto insurance. Contact the plan office to apply.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Albuquerque car insurance company information
Sunset Insurance is an independent agency that works with more than 20 different carriers to provide customers with options for inexpensive insurance in Albuquerque. The company combines available features, discounts and coverage limits to create the perfect policy for your car, motorcycle or RV. It also employs Spanish-speaking agents.
- Address: 1905 San Mateo Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Phone: (505) 247-2578
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:30pm
- Website: abqsunsetinsurance.com/cheap-car-insurance
Albuquerque Insurance World works with a dozen different insurance companies in the U.S. and five companies in Mexico to provide comprehensive insurance coverage for New Mexico drivers. It also sells commercial vehicle, RV and motorcycle insurance. The company offers free quotes on its website and over the phone.
- Address: 2828 Carlisle Blvd. NE, Ste. F, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Phone: (505) 265-6000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: albuquerqueinsuranceworld.com/auto-insurance.html
Acceptance Insurance has two Albuquerque-area offices with Spanish-speaking agents on staff. These locations offer weekend hours and invite you to visit or call for help. The company also offers coverage for driving in Mexico.
- Address: 4201 Central Ave. NW, Ste. B-5, Albuquerque, NM 87105; Multiple locations
- Phone: (505) 831-7058
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Website: locations.acceptanceinsurance.com/nm/albuquerque
Auto Insurance America specializes in helping low-income buyers find coverage that meets their needs. It offers a pay-my-way option that allows customers to choose the day, method and amount of their payments.
- Address: 1309 Broadway SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102; Multiple locations
- Phone: (505) 243-6337
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: autoinsuranceamerica.com
Because premiums are high in Albuquerque, Peake Car Insurance specializes in helping customers find cheap car insurance. The company uses transparent information to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting and what you should pay.
- Address: 5100 Wilshire Ave. NE, Ste. EC, Albuquerque NM 87113
- Phone: (505) 273-2896
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: cheapcarinsurancealbuquerque.info
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.