Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Members of my family had been impressed and had a good experience with AAA. It is nice to know that someone you trust has had a positive experience. The rates are low and we can afford them. They are kind and they help us when we have a problem. AAA has knowledgeable people that help me. We had a hard time with our homeowner's insurance they kept saying that we were underinsured but they don't harass us. However, I wish that the inspector knew what they were doing. The insurance company sent three of them to my house and not one of them knew what they were doing.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I got several quotes and AAA was the best. It is easy to file a claim with through my agent and easy to receive funds for repairs when needed. Once there was a need for the adjuster to return and a new person came right away. I wish it would not increase every year. Every year it goes up about a hundred dollars. One year I got a discount for no claims and the next renewal they raised it right back up even though I had no claims. Other than that, I liked the agent the best of all I talked with. Cheapest and the agent was recommended by my aunt and uncle. Also use the agent for auto insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

AAA was really helpful finding builders for us. They were on top and called to check of the claim and everything was covered. However the waiting for the assessment from the person that came to see the property was too long. The company had to send someone from out of state. They should have an office here. We had many questions and wanted to see the person eye to eye. The person we bought the house from had AAA. But I would have love to check more. It is very complicated to change after 5 years but we are planning to. They are good but didn't feel as they know the area as we wished.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

AAA has a great rate for everything. They offered in with my packaged deal. They were very nice and courteous. They're very prompt, fast and very accurate. They help you find the right plan for you. They custom fit your plan to your needs. And to your house and property. They don't try to make you get something you don't want. However, it is hard to get the corporate office to answer the telephone. I wish there was a better way to get ahold of them or they had more customer service people to answer the phone calls so customers didn't have to wait on hold so long. Nevertheless, they're there to help you when you need them to answer any of your questions.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I had home insurance with another company then I decided I wanted to compare the price with the second insurance company. The second insurance company gave me a much better price rate and more coverage which I did appreciate. Also, I can walk into any one of their offices and any agent can help me because it's a company as a whole not individual. The way the policy is written should be simple English language though for those of us who are not attorneys to understand legal terminology of what is going to be covered what is not and this is why.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have had homeowners insurance with AAA for many years. We have been at our home for over three years. I paid my policy in full for $1,400 for the year. I had a question about my policy and they came back and said THEY made a mistake and they demanded I pay $3,800 for my policy or they would cancel my policy. They acknowledged that numerous employees must have made this dramatic mistake. They refused to honour our fully paid policy, based upon their own, alleged mistake. They tried to hold me hostage, because I would have no time to replace my policy. In the end, you must trust your insurance company to stand by you when something bad happens. Do not trust AAA. They clearly do not stand by their customers and appear willing to scam them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We only had AAA homeowners insurance for a few months. While we were away, our brand new fish tank from PetSmart sprung a leak. There was damage to the flooring, carpets, and walls. The adjuster came out. He was rude, insensitive, and extremely difficult. For instance, when he asked one question, I said: "I'm not sure". My husband answered, "Yes". The adjuster nastily said, "Which was it. Make up your mind". Another example, he offered to replace one of the damaged carpets but not the padding. We had to hire an independent adjuster and pay a large fee. AAA has made no motion to go against the fish tank manufacturer. TWO YEARS later we finally settled. Our out of pocket expenses were $4,500. We have given up which is what they wanted. Of course, I switched carriers after 3 months of arguing. I don't care how inexpensive AAA insurance is...DO NOT buy it!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have been a member of AAA and have utilized their insurance services for over twenty years. I have always been satisfied with their services. Recently, I purchased a home and insured it with the company. When it came time for renewal a year later, I was first hassled because we're doing a remodel and they wouldn't insure unless we got a letter from the contractor stating it would be completed in thirty days, which I secured and sent to them. Then, they claimed it was considered "mixed construction" (even though they CURRENTLY INSURED THE HOUSE) and now wouldn't be renewing.

They gave me the runaround for a month, making me jump through a bunch of hoops, separating my daughter from our insurance policy to get a "better rate," and wasting a lot of time, only to decide that now, they won't renew the insurance. I'm so angry. This is not the insurance company I know and I will be moving all of my insurance away from this new, inferior company. What a shame.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We have had our home insured through AAA for several years. We have never had to file a claim and never really needed to put the services to the test. An insurance company can only be accurately assessed when a need arises and the homeowner has to file a claim. We believed AAA to be a top rate company and never doubted that if we needed to file a claim, that the claim would receive prompt attention and superior service.

We recently needed to file a claim with AAA for roof damage that occurred as a result of two separate hailstorms in 2017. We discovered the problem in 2018 when a section of the roof leaked into the master bedroom. Two adjustors made an initial visit to our home, but did not ascend to the roof. The adjustors indicated there was frost on the roof and another visit would be scheduled at another time to check out the roof. The adjustors instead conducted an assessment of some sort around the perimeter of the home and took many pictures. I was not aware that this would take place and neither adjustor indicated at the time of the initial visit that a perimeter inspection of my home would be conducted.

A day or two later, we receive a voicemail to call the adjustor and an email indicating our claim had been denied. Apparently, unbeknownst to us the homeowners, an adjustor had been to the home at some point, ascended to the roof to conduct the inspection while we were away! This was upsetting as we wanted to be notified of the inspection to have a certified and qualified roofer act as our advocate and provide us with information concerning the status of the claim and sort out any insurance jargon for later follow up. Upon contacting the adjustor as to the nature of the denial, the adjustor stated there was no damage to the roof and that any damage noted from hail was due to the age of the roof.

Our home was built in 2005 and we have never had any issues. We asked several roofers to assess the roof and each indicated roof damage and provided pictures to show us. I asked the adjustor if any pictures taken could be provided as proof that he was actually on the roof. Our request was denied. We further inquired about the appeal process as we were perplexed the claim was denied. The adjustor indicated that our options were to hire an attorney or schedule an adjustor to come out or file a complaint with the state.

The adjustor further indicated that if we opted to contact the state, our only other recourse beyond that was to hire an attorney. We inquired about the credentials of the adjustor and that of the engineer. The adjustor indicated that he had some training as it relates to roof matters and material and that the structural engineer would conduct some tests the nature of which we did not understand. We opted for the structural engineer who also denied roof damage and supported denial of the claim.

This whole process was troubling as we inquired throughout the community as to storm related damage. Although many roofs in the community have been replaced by other companies due to roof damage, all homeowners within our community insured through AAA who submitted similar claims were also denied. It is perplexing that a perceived reputable company such as AAA is involved in systematically denying legitimate claims for various nefarious reasons. We are highly disappointed, plan to post a review to alert other homeowners and take a look at other insurers reviews to determine a better fit for our homeowner insurance needs.

AAA Homeowners Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is a large, nationwide insurance company that offers various types of insurance. While AAA is best known for its auto insurance policies, it also offers homeowners insurance policies to interested parties.

• Company accessibility: AAA is nationwide and a convenient option for people who live across America. Thus, no matter where a person lives, he or she will have access to a AAA office and representatives who can serve him or her quickly.

• Advanced technology for consumers: This homeowners insurance company has an extremely extensive online presence, making it easy to interact and do business with the company no matter where the homeowner is located. With AAA, customers can get quotes, communicate with customer service representatives, ask questions and more.

• One-stop shop: AAA can be a convenient place for homeowners to get all of their insurance policies, including auto insurance and pet insurance.

• Insurance: AAA is a known for being a car insurer, and their reputation as a homeowners insurance company is much newer.

• Customer service: AAA homeowners insurance is a large, corporate company with many employees, increasing the risk of inconsistent customer service.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners