2. Homeowners
  3. Homeowners Insurance

3.9/5 (407 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About AAA Homeowners Insurance

AAA is well known for its auto insurance, but it also sells homeowners insurance. If you're already an AAA member, you can qualify for several discounts on your policy. Bundling your auto insurance from AAA with your homeowners insurance is a great option if you're looking to save.

Pros

• Good coverage
  • Several discounts
  • Great pricing

Cons

• Fewer options with certain AAA clubs

Bottom Line

AAA homeowners insurance provides excellent discounts and pricing. Options and coverage vary by club, but the overall coverage is reliable.

Top AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Had a violent windstorm a few years back that caused an oak tree to fall on and crush my attached garage. A day later, my AAA guy was at my home evaluating the damage... They were...

Verified

I have a good relationship with my representative at AAA. I've only had to make a claim once, when lightning damaged some valuable computer equipment, but I was really pleased wit...

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

How does AAA homeowners insurance work?

You can purchase AAA homeowners insurance whether or not you're an existing AAA member. However, if you're a member, you get multiple discount opportunities. Most AAA homeowners insurance meets HO-3 standards, meaning it covers your home, personal property and liability. However, policy options and discounts vary depending on the AAA club you belong to.

AAA homeowners insurance cost

AAA has some of the cheapest homeowners insurance quotes available. Below, we have examples of annual rates — keep in mind that factors like home location and value affect your premium, so yours may look different.

Estimated AAA homeowners insurance annual premiums

Value of homeEstimated annual rate
$75,000$560
$150,000$950
$200,000$1,200
$350,000$1,850

AAA homeowners insurance discounts

Several discounts from AAA help lower the cost of your home insurance, including:

• Smoke detector and home alarm: If you have either of these devices, you can receive up to 15% off your policy.
  • New home: Depending on the age of your home, you can get a discount of up to 40%.
  • Hail-resistant roof: For hail-resistant roofs, expect a discount of up to 35%.
  • New home renovations: If you make new renovations to your home, you can save up to 23% on your premiums.
  • Retiree: If you’re 55 years or older and don’t work, you can get up to 10% off your policy.
  • No claims: If you don't make a claim for three years, you get a discount of up to 13%.

What does AAA homeowners insurance cover?

Most homeowners insurance from AAA are HO-3 policies. HO-3 insurance covers property damage caused by all perils (e.g., fire, lightning, vandalism) except specifically listed exclusions (e.g., pests, wear and tear) and covers personal property damage attributed to named perils (e.g., theft, smoke damage). The basic types of coverage offered by AAA include:

• Dwelling protection
  • Liability protection
  • Personal property protection
  • Guest medical protection
  • Additional living expense coverage
  • Other structures protection

AAA homeowners insurance FAQ

Does AAA homeowners insurance cover mold?
For clubs in most areas, AAA insurance covers mold, but some clubs do not offer full coverage for mold.
Who underwrites AAA homeowners insurance?
The policy underwriter varies by AAA club. Individual clubs outsource homeowners insurance policies to third-party providers.
What does AAA homeowners insurance cover?
AAA homeowners insurance covers damage to your home, your personal possessions and liability. Coverage options vary by club.
Is AAA homeowners insurance cheap?
Yes, AAA homeowners insurance is cheap compared with similar coverage offered by competitors.

Is AAA good homeowners insurance?

We think AAA homeowners insurance is worth it, especially if you're an AAA member and can take advantage of the numerous discounts. Coverage and pricing vary based on which club holds your membership, so the best thing to do is get a quote and decide if the protection is worth the cost. If so, AAA homeowners insurance will serve your needs well.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: June 26, 2021

My experience with AAA has been a fairly good one. Combining auto with home insurance gave me a great discount. The first agent that worked with me was very diligent and was able to save me a great deal of money, however the 2nd year around they were no longer working in that department and I received a less than personal degree of service. I don't think the business of insurance has become all that personal anymore.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I'm locked into this company because of my sinkhole coverage but would gladly shop if not. They're o.k. but aren't progressive in trying to save me money and finally this year, five years after the fact, they informed me to replace a 20 year old roof for savings. Increases start at 15 years in Florida. ;(

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2021

After 15 years with another large insurance company, I switched to AAA simply because it was less expensive for the same exact coverage. I gave my previous agent a chance to meet AAA’s price, but she couldn’t discount my policy to meet or beat the lower rate.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I called Triple A looking to combine my auto and home insurance policy to save money. The agent quoted me a price and sent an assessor to my home to finalize the quote. The price assessed price to combine my insurance was double the over the phone quote. I decided not to go with them for homeowners insurance and kept my auto insurance. Turns out they decided I owed them two months of coverage and charged me for their service. They sent me to collections a year later and refused to work it out with me. I filed a grievance with the company to report their misconduct. DO NOT USE Triple A for anything. I highly regret making that call and will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I enjoy the travel perks AAA provides me plus insurance for home is a good value. A rider I purchased for additional loss of personal items I own, was easy to make a claim when a loss was experienced. I thought my reimbursement was fair and all took place in a week.

Original review: July 13, 2021

The insurance manager at the city of Rancho Cucamonga CA branch openly discriminated and when the matter was reported to his immediate boss. He tried to shove the matter under the carpet. I was persistent to get answers. Ultimately the VP sales got involved and he being from a Middle eastern origin tried to put the lid on the matter. When the matter got reported to the California Insurance commissioner he openly denied the facts. The facts that I have a paper trail of discriminatory attitude from the branch manager. Talk about arrogance and racial discriminatory cover up AAA. The letter of apology was promised via email. The letter never made it to me VP operations contact information was denied to me.

Go figure the company is full of racially motivated discriminatory people. The company needs to open up to admit the problem of racial disparity and racial discrimination shown by its officers to members of different ethnicities. I am the change because the changes begins from I. I have to stand up for my rights because my money is green like the money of any other person.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Pricing has been fair and competitive. The AAA agent has been easy to work with and since AAA has a good reputation hopefully their homeowners insurance will be equally as good service.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I live in a townhouse. Our neighbor and I had our roofs redone at the same time. We have now have a leak several years after and cannot seem to find where it is coming from. The roofer said it's not from him and has come out to check it out - has to be from him! It only leaks when it pours hard for an extended period of time. Thankfully that hasn't happened much over the months living in Florida. The leak is in my husband's closet where we have had to move everything out. At times rain pours through the light fixture into a cooler that we have underneath to catch the water. AAA nor Belfor Restoration can find the leak and we have been dealing with this since August 1, 2020. They said they would send an engineer out however this has yet to happen.

I have been a AAA member for over 25 years and this is how we are treated. Not fair at all. I have let 11 message with my Rep and the home office has left messages for them to contact me. Haven't heard from them since September and now he calls and says he's closing my claim. Sorry but it ain't happening. Never had AAA home ins before and only got it because they cover mold and another neighbor has them. WELL at this time they have not covered anything. We have tried to patch what we can however my husband is terrified of heights since we have 2 roof levels and is not a handyman at all. When all said and done I am not happy with this company and will be trying to find another very soon! AAA home insurance SUCKS!!!

Original review: May 3, 2021

We've bundled our home and auto with AAA for over a decade. After yearly escrow shortages with only a minor increase in our housing value, I realized our insurance increased about 80% over three years with no claims being filed. I called and was told the storms in S. Carolina were the reason. We live in Kentucky. We switched to Erie and saved $2400/year just on the home coverage.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have been a AAA member for over 27 years (one way or another). I received a letter saying they no longer could insure my home because the dangers of my house location. I called and asked what Dangers and they could not answer after several attempts (intimidation)? I later received another letter stating I had to have a video review of my home (invasion of privacy). After the video, was contacted by phone stating they wanted to see permits (harassment).

In that same phone conversation, I told the person that I wanted to see the renewal amount and then we could talk. I received my renewal and AAA gave me a 40% increase on my policy. Bottom line is after the intimidation, invasion of privacy and the harassment, I will not renew my homeowners, auto and Roadside Service with this terrible company... Just check the reviews on AAA's reputations on paying claims (or lack of). They like "Kicking the Can Down the Road" (a claim), but really kick the policy owners to the curb.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Company Information