Protect what matters most

Protect my home
AAA Homeowners Insurance
3.89/5

AAA Homeowners Insurance

AAA sells a wide variety of insurance types, including auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance. AAA doesn't participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you'd like help selecting the best insurance policy for your needs, contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from their partner insurers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Protect what matters most

Compare Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Protect my home

275 AAA Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I got several quotes and AAA was the best. It is easy to file a claim with through my agent and easy to receive funds for repairs when needed. Once there was a need for the adjuster to return and a new person came right away. I wish it would not increase every year. Every year it goes up about a hundred dollars. One year I got a discount for no claims and the next renewal they raised it right back up even though I had no claims. Other than that, I liked the agent the best of all I talked with. Cheapest and the agent was recommended by my aunt and uncle. Also use the agent for auto insurance.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

AAA has a great rate for everything. They offered in with my packaged deal. They were very nice and courteous. They're very prompt, fast and very accurate. They help you find the right plan for you. They custom fit your plan to your needs. And to your house and property. They don't try to make you get something you don't want. However, it is hard to get the corporate office to answer the telephone. I wish there was a better way to get ahold of them or they had more customer service people to answer the phone calls so customers didn't have to wait on hold so long. Nevertheless, they're there to help you when you need them to answer any of your questions.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have always had a good relationship with triple A. We have been with the auto club for over 50 years and have always been loyal to the auto club as well they have always been loyal to me. I have a bundle that includes home insurance, car insurance, and membership. It is easier to make one payment. We also use the auto club travel planning, and other programs that they offer. They have good customer service. They have paid some claims on time and was able to recover all of my expenses. They have always been fair to me and did great follow thru. They have worked well with my mortgage company and work well with me. I trust them with my insurance and have never had a problem.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

AAA is our insurance company for our home and auto both. I like that they give you bundle and with that you can save more. They asked us to download an app to get more discount on our bundle. We have compare several insurance company and we reached at the conclusion that this company had better plan with price. And our close relatives had suggested us this company over others as well. However, the main thing that I dislike about them is they increase home insurance based on property value. And last time we called them for leakage through the ceiling and they came out, looked at it and didn't cover. Which I felt was wrong. But other than that, they have a very helpful customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I consider AAA the best company for homeowners insurance. They stand by what they offer. Wonderful accreditations and great reputation for the number of years they have been in business say it all for sure. Very reasonably priced and easy billing process where payment is included in house payment each month. Very good customer service and transparent company/policy. AAA does what is right for all of their policy holders who may encounter an issue or issues. The competition of other companies out there is not even close to what AAA does and offers for their policy holders. I am totally satisfied with everything with my homeowners insurance policy and I'm glad to have AAA. Been with them for sixteen years and I will never switch to another company even if they offer a better insurance rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: May 18, 2019

We had a slab leak. The pressure caused by excess stored water between the slab and tile caused a tile to crack and 2 others to pop. We notified our homeowners insurance, AAA. They hired Paley Stone & Tile Forensics also known as Atlas to investigate. Our existing tile was discontinued, which meant insurance should pay to replace the existing floor. Paley Stone & Tile Forensics was hired to lie and provide a report so that AAA would not be liable.

Mr. Paley came over with a metal ball and crawled around our home. His report stated ongoing exterior moisture was the cause of damaged tile. He trespassed into our home, into areas not affected by the leak, in private spaces, moved our furniture to support his claim. He stated exterior water from the garage 18 inches below our living room slab, where the leak was, was the cause, apparently water can move upwards against gravity! Upon repair of our floor, at our cost, a moisture barrier was used. The moisture barrier responded as expected, changed color once cured.

If moisture existed according to Paley, the moisture barrier would not have changed color to confirm dryness. Beware Paley Stone & Tile Forensics/Atlas and AAA work together to deny homeowners. Paley is a liar, charlatan and a con artist! He was an English teacher in South America. He is anti women and a male chauvinist, and worst of all AAA refuses to address any of our concerns/requests.

Original review: May 7, 2019

First claim: My roof had leaks in 3 places. Three AAA 'independent" adjusters claimed there was no hail damage to the shingles. However, EVER piece of metal on my roof, including siding and guttering/downspouts was totaled by all three adjusters. No one would ever explain how I had three separate roof leaks but no hail or wind damage to the shingles. It took over a year to get my roof replaced and cost me an extra $2500 in expenses to fight these liars. I had three different roofers including the AAA preferred roofer look at the roof and all said there is no way the roof isn't totaled.

Second claim 9/1/2018: Kitchen faucet failed with a pinhole leak. The leak was discovered when the downstairs bedroom ceiling collapsed. Hand-scraped wood flooring buckled in the kitchen. Over 1000SF of connected wood flooring. The first adjuster tried to only replace the kitchen flooring. I argued with him before he left and he finally agreed it should all match and measured the space at just over 700SF. I custom built the home and still have the SF of wood flooring I paid for, so I know exactly how much is needed.

This first adjuster offered $7000 TOTAL. I spent almost $7000 when I purchased the original wood floor. The second adjuster came to $12000 and the third adjuster is at $24,000. My independent adjuster is at $46,000. And again, I am having to pay people to fight this dishonest company. Instead of a $1500 deductible, I am going to spend more than $3000 to get what should have been paid immediately. Not only that but my family and I have lived with a partially demolished kitchen for months.

Because they refuse to pay the claim I cannot switch insurance companies because no company will take you with an outstanding claim. AAA has increased my rate for the third time in 3 years. I am almost at double what my original insurance was. I guess they figure if they actually have to pay a claim they will rip you off by delaying the claim and forcing you to pay outrageous insurance rates for as long as possible. Run from AAA. They don't pay their claims.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been a long-term loyal AAA member. My parents have always used AAA as well. AAA Homeowners Insurance, however, has been a nightmare to deal with. I've used AAA since my house was bought 5 years ago and recently started to see leaks in my roof. We live in Dallas so hail and wind damage is very frequent. We contacted AAA and had our roof evaluated and was told that only one slope of our roof would be replaced due to hail damage. We live in a condo with HOA overseeing our property. Our HOA denied the replacement of only one slope of the roof because my shingles are no longer being manufactured and any replacement shingles would not match.

I spoke to a Robert ** from AAA about that and was told "you can send in your HOA denial all you want, but it has no bearing on what we are going to cover". On top of this, there are multiple areas of my home that is experiencing leaks. The leaks are not even on the same side of the home. I'm baffled by the one slope replacement. My roofer even sent in photos to show that there are multiple areas of the home that are experiencing leaks, not just that one slope, but nothing is being done. Robert even refused to send out another inspector to look at my roof to see that there are multiple areas of the roof that are leaking and creating mold inside my home.

My phone calls were ignored and my messages unanswered. It took 3 months of calls just to get a estimate drawn up and sent to me for the 1 slope. How convenient that the estimate for the 1 slope falls within our deductible. To say I’m mad and disappointed would be an understatement. I feel betrayed by the insurance that was suppose to protect me. What is the point of insurance if they won't step up to help you when you need them? Go with any other company, don't use AAA.

Original review: April 22, 2019

It has been a nightmare dealing with this company. I was sold an Umbrella Policy that was later cancelled by them and took forever to receive a refund. Also received a cancellation notice on the homeowner policy due to tons of mistakes on their end. The Sales agent had no idea what she was selling. I asked many questions before finally deciding to go with this company later to find out that almost all of the responses I received were false. They wasted hours and hours of my time only to ruin the relationship with my previous insurance company because their agent had no idea what they were doing. I asked them to review the many recorded calls I had with the agent, but they would not help in any way. Completely dissatisfied, and would never wish having to deal with this company on my worst enemy. Absolutely terrible!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

After reading other reviews from this site, I have to agree with the one star rating. My home was damaged during a wind storm with a neighbor's tree falling on my house and taking out the bathroom and part of the bedroom. The only argument I did not have with them was for my hotel bill since I only have one bathroom. My claim was made on July 20, 2018 and work BEGAN on my house in mid October. My deductible and depreciation cost me more than $12,000. The whole story is too long to go into, but the biggest complaint was the roof. They would only cover a small portion of it and the contractor would not give me a warranty without the whole roof being done. I also asked the insurance guy where they were going to stop the new roof work. I never got an answer. Some of my personal property loss included antiques. Have you ever tried to find a comparable cost? Finally gave up.

My first offer of damages incurred was $18,000. I told them they were crazy and was not accepting it. My contractor's estimate was more than $40, 000 and they finally paid. This has been the worst experience of my life. I decided to turn them in to KY Department of Insurance. Unfortunately they could not help me. My claims rep left the company (or was fired) near the end of my claim. This in turn closed my case. I had to jump through hoops to get it re-opened. In the end, I was able to get back into my home on December 7, 2018, 112 days from date of claim. Truly incomprehensible. I did not wait for them to cancel me - I canceled them. PS: Their billing is as screwed up as their claim department. I did not tell them I was canceling, I just did not pay the premium. Thank goodness the time for renewal was almost up when the work was finished.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had wind and hail damage to my roof. They told me the back portion should be replaced, the front could be "patched", on the phone message. I received my estimate in the mail, and saw they took out a 2% deduction, which I was NOT told about at the time I enrolled and paid for coverage, then they also depreciated the value of the roof. This left me a payment from them, of $0. When I asked where the depreciation was listed in the policy book, and that I was not told anything about it at time of enrollment, he stammered and said he wasn't sure where that info could be found.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My family and I have had AAA for our home, car and rv for over ten years but have never utilized them for any claims. We recently sold our first home and bought a bigger home that was in need of some remodeling. So we started projects immediately and delayed our move in date. About four or five weeks in we get a letter stating our homeowners insurance policy will be terminated in four weeks time because we did not submit pictures of the new property and home. I was never asked to have someone come out so was annoyed by the letter stating that we failed to do so as if we were asked and denied their request. We had someone come out within a few days and we’re told that someone would call if there were issues and more action was required. I then spent the next three weeks calling and leaving several messages each with three different people that were assigned to my case and they did not ever return my calls.

I finally called the basic number so that I could speak to someone live and not be sent to voicemail. By the end of that week they helped me discover that we could not be insured because our master bath’s tile wasn’t in yet so they would in fact cancel our policy. Since it took three and a half weeks to be told this information, they cancelled our policy since the remodeling work could not finished by that termination date. They would not give me an extension of even one to two weeks despite them admitting that it was their error and that they had no explanation for people not returning my repeated calls. I could have easily had that two day tile project done if I was told in a timely manner that it was an insurance issue. But by then, my tile guy was on another job and would not be available until the following week. So I had to get another policy in the meantime.

Upon calling again and being elevated to some customer service person, I was told that it was our fault for being under construction and that no money would be reimbursed. And, conveniently, the policy that I was told to get in the meantime was some AAA side company that was very expensive and later when I looked into them, has awful reviews and is not rated well at all. So we are out several hundred dollars and had much stress because of their lack of courtesy to inform clients of potential issues, their lack of customer service to correct errors that they made, and their lack of ability to work and respect clients with a long history with them that had ZERO claims. We are switching immediately to another company.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I've always had an actual insurance agent. That said, a family friend signed me up with AAA when I was searching for new insurance options. Unfortunately, she is no longer with the company and their customer service department does Not answer questions regarding your policy. So, here I am with a question, regarding my policy that I pay dearly for - and my only option to get an Answer was to file a claim. If you never call your insurance company, this is the company for you. Should you need any question answered regarding coverage, what Your Policy does and does not cover, as well as what would not be covered, you are hit with a claim against the company for Asking a Question. If I could, I would give them Zero stars!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Called to get quote on both car and homeowners policy. Was told you do not get much of a savings on car insurance, more on homeowners but was denied a quote because I have metal siding on house never put in a claim ever. What a scam. So much for being a premiere member.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We had a roof leak in October - they sent someone out measured etc ... all the measurements were short, pitch of roof is a 9. They paid at a 7. They denied water claim inside of the home which was thousands to replace stating “poor workmanship because tile that got wet came up.” We spent months arguing with them over simple math and measurements and they still can’t seem to measure gutters correctly. Three inspections later and refuse to pay any additional for mistakes they made in the first payout. They pay out for the cheapest materials possible - example we had to replace insulation in the attic. They paid for one roll unlined r30. The insulation we took out was r60 rolled lined. Talking to them is frustrating and pointless. Used to think it was an intelligence problem as we requested a new adjuster and was denied and her boss was even worse... They intentionally rip you off the whole time you file a claim.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We swiched to AAA for auto & homeowner's. We were very pleased. Until we got a cancellation notice because they didn't come to take photos. I immediately contacted my agent & she assured me she would take care of things asap. The policy is scheduled to cancel in 4 days & she is yet to follow up with me & the issue is still not cleared up. I am very disappointed to say the least.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Only lived in my home for a few years, my roof passed inspection during the purchase process. Last year rain started pouring into the house, literally. AAA sent an inspector out, they denied the claim. They would pay for the water damage inside the house. Why? How could you have water damage inside if the roof is not leaking? Unbelievable. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I've been a member with AAA since 1986. I have had multiple vehicles insured with them, life insurance, and 13 years of homeowners insurance coverage. In all the time we have had insurance with them we never have filed a claim. This year after all the wildfires in California, AAA sends us a letter wanting an inspector to come take new photos inside & out - mandatory so they can renew our policy, I called & told them we had no changes to our property and my husband and I are disabled & that they already took pictures when we bought the house and we didn't want anybody in the house. Elvis the underwriter said it was just structural pictures when I explained it was Still Christmas. We had a lot of boxes out and in our garage & our house was still a mess from the Holidays. Elvis said no problem. It is only for structural pictures.

We felt uncomfortable having them take pictures inside our home. It's invasive but reluctantly agreed since we are 1 month to renewal. Lady came. Took pictures of everything, mentioned how nice the house is then left. 2 weeks later I receive a call from AAA we are being cancelled. The lady said Reason was water heater not strapped, boxes were in the way, etc. She really couldn't give me a solid reason why and no time to fix it just cancelling. If we want she says we can call the phone numbers they send us on the notice of nonrenewal to call, I asked if they are connected to AAA. She said yes so they will give me higher rate insurance calling us high risk! We feel betrayed by AAA. They have become a scam for money only. NEVER GO WITH AAA. They do not value their long time customers & After reading the reviews I am certainly not alone! We are now trying to find an honest insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had shingles on my roof blown away by a wind storm. About a dozen of them. My neighborhood was hit all over and several of us had the same or similar damage. All my neighbors, about 10 I know of, got new roofs paid for by their insurance co. My claim was denied. I don't have matching shingle replacement. AAA doesn't offer that in my policy and even if they did I was told it wouldn't have mattered. Then the following year another wind storm. More shingles missing another 10 or so. Inspector tells me roof is fine...no leaks. Good for at least 2 more years. More neighbors get free roofs. I try again this time with a roofing company inspector with me when the same field adjuster Shane shows up again and with desk adjuster deny my claim. Then 2 months later I get a cancellation notice for my homeowners policy. Hmmm. Really. Ok. You guys and I mean AAA suck.

Needless to say I switched with no problem and my auto and umbrella. But they tried to keep my other policies saying how much I was valued...yeah until I have a claim...that will be denied. Go stick your forced membership fee that has no value you know where. Auto claims treated me like I was the criminal too. Acted as if I was not the person who paid for the policy...basically took word of stranger over mine...for a scratch on a bumper in a church parking lot. Horrible. Lady goes to my church and has a 95 Taurus worth less than the 500 she wants for a new buffed bumper. I tried to not claim it but my hand was forced. Thanks AAA! You guys are the best. That's severe sarcasm in case you missed it. Hopefully this helped you to stay away from these chisters.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Purchased homeowners and auto insurance with AAA. I informed them of previous water damage claim with previous insurance of $1900 that occurred almost two years prior. I was quoted $1209 with a high deductible of $2000 due to the previous claim. The homeowners policy became effective 11/1/18. I was later notified by letter dated 12/10/18, (40 days later) that, "There was a prior water loss occurring on 01/05/2017 which was not counted in the calculation of your premium." My premium was increased by another $507. AAA this is not acceptable. I disclosed the prior claim. AAA, I believe you gave me this lower premium to get me and then came back with a higher premium later. REALLY! Well I'm not going for it, the old bait and switch. This is not how to do business and retain customers. You also tried to charge me a fee for canceling my policy early. I will never refer or recommend anyone I know to AAA. AAA is bad business!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Got a quote from AAA for my homeowner's insurance boxed with my car insurance. Both seemed reasonable. Ahhh... but wait... Then AAA wants to send a "photographer" to take pictures of the house to verify. OH YEAH. So I've owned homes for 17 years and not once has that ever been requested. My home was $187,000 to purchase 2 years ago and built in the 90's. New homes are for sale near mine in a nicer area 50% larger for about $250k to 260K. After this yahoo takes photos, AAA comes back and says my home is a substantial upgrade with an attached garage (which I already told them) and would be $330k to replace!!! 330,000!!! In my area, that would get you a mansion. A new mansion!!

I argued with them telling them they were way WAY WAY OFF on their estimates. They played the blame game and blamed their underwriter which I know was total BS. I told them to look at new builds online and they can get an idea of what my home would cost. They refused. This was a bait and switch and they sent me an additional premium bill for about 40% more than I already paid. What a con they are running! Smart and manipulative and probably not even illegal. It worked out to even higher than I was paying before I switched. Just beware. I'm not the only one who had this problem with them. This is a standard maneuver for AAA when they bundle. Their price for a new build was $300/sq foot on a slab already in place. Ludicrous!!! RUN FROM AAA HOME INSURANCE! RUN LIKE THE WIND!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

This company is easy to deal with, I can pay my bill online or go to the office which is convenient. Great rates that I can pay by the month if I need to. Deductible was fair. The terms of my policy and the monthly and yearly rates were too good to pass up. Affordable for my family's income. They also have great people to work with. Best policy I could find for the price.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was very impressed with the products. In addition to the promotions and the price, the recommendations of family and friends. I like the quality of services, the security and confidence that transmits in addition to the rapidity with which they respond to the moment of presenting some type of inconvenience. Although it would be very helpful we offered you new promotion. But all the features that it offers I like them and they make me happy.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

AAA Homeowners Insurance was the least expensive policy with the coverage we need. The other coverages missed key features or charged much extra for some coverages we need. AAA is easy to contact and the policy papers are easy to read. The agent is available 24/7 for claims and questions. But I would make their online application and smartphone app more user friendly. It is a wonder they are still in business. I would not suggest them to friends, family or co-workers.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Members of my family had been impressed and had a good experience with AAA. It is nice to know that someone you trust has had a positive experience. The rates are low and we can afford them. They are kind and they help us when we have a problem. AAA has knowledgeable people that help me. We had a hard time with our homeowner's insurance they kept saying that we were underinsured but they don't harass us. However, I wish that the inspector knew what they were doing. The insurance company sent three of them to my house and not one of them knew what they were doing.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

AAA has the right type of coverage that serves the purposes for me. It was what worked best financially as well because there is no point in paying for coverage that you don't use. I like the positive experiences with customer services and the right amount of coverage for my needs. I like the insurance representative that handles my issues. The insurance policy is easy to understand how it works. However, it should be easier to reach customer service and get a faster response. Insurance can be frustrating to deal with when you need to file a claim.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

AAA's benefits and coverage of different things are perfect to me and my family in a lot of areas so everyone is protected. That was my goal. My policy features include 250000 accidental and nonaccidental, will cover a lot of situations. Happy with what I got. Hopefully my insurance company holds up to their end of the contract and don't try to come up with hidden clauses and make up or add to the policy other than I signed for.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I've always done business with AAA Homeowners Insurance for years. I chose them for their best reputation and they are consistent. My family had them and it is good to do business with them. They are great with their clients. Doesn't make you feel like a number. I got most attention from them, and all my questions got answered. They care about customers and keeping them happy. They keep prices good and want to retain clients, they have worked close with me. I wouldn't change companies.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

They help you all they can and make sure that you have all you need for your home to cover you. I get all I need and they do it all right. I also get really good rates and if I need to know something they are there for me with all I need to know. However, I wish that the deductible was lower when you need to use this because it's really high. Still, they do the best overall.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

When I bought my townhouse in 1983, a neighbor told me about AAA. They have insurance to cover all of the property inside my house. There is 1,000 deductable. They handle all the arrangements with the bank to withdraw the money and I do not have to worry when they take it out.

AAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is a large, nationwide insurance company that offers various types of insurance. While AAA is best known for its auto insurance policies, it also offers homeowners insurance policies to interested parties.

• Company accessibility: AAA is nationwide and a convenient option for people who live across America. Thus, no matter where a person lives, he or she will have access to a AAA office and representatives who can serve him or her quickly.

• Advanced technology for consumers: This homeowners insurance company has an extremely extensive online presence, making it easy to interact and do business with the company no matter where the homeowner is located. With AAA, customers can get quotes, communicate with customer service representatives, ask questions and more.

• One-stop shop: AAA can be a convenient place for homeowners to get all of their insurance policies, including auto insurance and pet insurance.

• Insurance: AAA is a known for being a car insurer, and their reputation as a homeowners insurance company is much newer.

• Customer service: AAA homeowners insurance is a large, corporate company with many employees, increasing the risk of inconsistent customer service.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners