1.30/5
Based on 170 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

AAA Homeowners Insurance

AAA sells a wide variety of insurance types, including auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance. AAA doesn't participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you'd like help selecting the best insurance policy for your needs, contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from their partner insurers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Last updated: May 16, 2018

179 AAA Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was sold a policy on my home. It didn't cover my modular. I bought coverage elsewhere. The agent did nothing to assist. My daughter needed a tow. They refused in inclement weather. The insurance billing dept. is slow to respond.

Original review: May 13, 2018

We have had AAA for more than 34 years. Our house was built in 1984. The family room flooring is grouted porcelain tile over linoleum on a concrete slab, I think. The original homeowner installed the flooring before we bought the house 28 years ago. March, 2018, we called AAA to report a one foot area in our family room floor made a squishy sound when you walked over it and it was growing. AAA sent a 3rd party field rep to look at the area and ordered a leak detection company to inspect for a leak.

First leak detection plumber walked over the squishy area and agreed it sounded like water. Plus he pointed out the tile flooring was raised up and moved when you walked on it. He checked all over the area but found no water seeping between the tiles or wet baseboards. He wanted to check behind our wet bar wall for water leaking. He also checked the water pressure, shuts off the incoming water to the house and put a gauge on. He notes a slight variance in water pressure. He cameras our clean out drain and does not see any leaks. He drills a hole into the raised floor grout and air blows out.

3rd party field rep returns for follow up and said no leak was found by the plumber. No one drills into the squishy tiled area to check if there is water there. Meanwhile, the squishy floor and raised area continues to increase in size. We are thinking the first plumber will come back to check behind the wet bar wall which is the closest water source to the problem area. He never returns. Two weeks later we get a letter from AAA stating we have a slab leak and they don't cover slab leaks. What slab leak are they talking about???

April, 2018, call AAA claims about their letter. We are surprised they report it's a slab leak. I ask them to send plumber again to show us the slab leak. New leak detection plumber comes out. He retests the water pressure and states no change in water pressure was found. He won't drill into the squishy floor to find out why it squishes.

Finally, May, 2018, a letter from AAA arrives stating we have a slab leak (with zero physically proof) and they don't fix slab leaks. AAA claims the recent rains caused the problem of water seeping into the slab. Plus the house was still settling. Also the problem area is in a high traffic area which caused the tiles to loosen and raise up. We are extremely disappointed with AAA. The tile floor is in the kitchen, family room, laundry room, all areas of high traffic. AAA NEVER physically proved it is a slab leak. They only proved they will not determine why the floor is squishy and raised. AAA left us to fend for ourselves. What's the point of having homeowners insurance with them? Are there better ones out there?

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE DROPPED - Dropped us after 17 years and only 2 claims and none for fire but now dropping due to "MAP UPDATE". Used to be good, now just greedy. Over 600 complaints with the CA State Department of Insurance in 2016 alone. Highest of the 25+ companies I researched on their insurance comparison guide.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We recently bought a house. Since we got 2 cars and a condo insured with AAA, we naturally called my agent to add this house. First of all the agent was on vacation, had his assistant signed me up a home insurance with $7500 deductible (that he later said he would never recommend this policy). His assistant never explain the policy, no communication about deductible and coverage whatsoever. We trusted them and needed the policy to close escrow. Now 6 months later, the house had a water pipe sudden burst at the crawl space. We had to call the emergency service. The adjuster Adrianna ** never bothered to come check out what's going on, she just told us we couldn't get coverage because we have $7500 deductible and the house was not damaged (plumbing repair is not covered).

We spent about $4300 on the emergency service and nearly $10K to the repair guys, what facts on Earth she made that judgement that we couldn't get any coverage? The repair company had video and photos (before and after) and detailed breakdowns, she never even looked at... what is the insurance for? ONLY premium payments, everybody is happy until you need help on a claim. NO MORE AAA! If I can rate the 0 star, I would.

Original review: April 12, 2018

All AAA WAS INTERESTED IN WAS CLOSING MY CLAIM. No structural inspection, no electrical inspections & no household damage evaluation was performed. No assistant for evaluating damage occurred on items in the fire areas as well as those surrounding. When asked about furniture (possible carcinogens) in the area that include a sleeper sofa was told likely it was cleaned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: March 26, 2018

Been with AAA Homeowners Insurance since 2007. Recently had 2 claims and they decided to cancel my coverage. What a JOKE! Isn't that why we all have insurance? I didn't know we had to pay for a policy but couldn't claim on it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My toilet hose on my toilet busted Fri. 2 am 2/10/18. I went to my agent office 9:30a after they opened. She wasn't present. I went to purchase a wet vacuum thinking I'll suck up most the water til Mon. They open due to I wasn't able to find anywhere online a 1800 number to call online. I did get a card but still thought it all opens in a weekday. I was assigned a agent out of St. Louis. A Rachel ** who then talked to a contractor whom card from C-1 Inc that was at my house. I called them Saturday after I left triple A. They said they could come today Mon.

I was recommended him. He told her all my damages and his services. He could do it today. She told him not to touch anything they go thru only and recommended SERVPRO. Said a adjuster was 3 hours away in which I asked the man when I called it in, "Will I have one local?" He said yes. That was a lie. He is 3 hours away. She said, "And don't touch nothing till he gets here." My contractor got mad and left. So did she say I can't get who I wanted? She talked to him, listened to all he can do, called back, told him do not touch anything. Didn't want anything tampered with till the adjuster gets there then call another business.

She then sent SERVPRO guy out not to do a estimate but to call her back as proof. He said that it was as I said then he normally charge 250 to come out that she said she will pay him just to come see. No adjuster heard from yet??? In the freaking meanwhile my brand new carpet and bedroom sets etc. clothes and shoes got wet. Still sitting on wet padding under wet carpet. Wall siding swelling, hardwood have water lifts and carpet buckling. Why in the did I change home insurance. They trust I pay on time but this service ran out of town on someone else judgment. I GUESS SHE THOUGHT I WAS LYING. WOW.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Cancelled my insurance after 1 month - I paid for Homeowner's insurance in advance to cover one year. After a month they decided that my home was too old for their coverage. I never heard of anything so ludicrous in my life.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have had AAA coverage for over 15 years for home and auto insurance. I've had one auto claim which was paid promptly. No other problems. Last August 30 I purchased another home in a different city that I was moving to and contacted AAA for insurance on that house. They wrote a policy and sent it to me, deducting premiums from my bank account. On October 23 they sent me a letter stating, with no reason or explanation, that coverage on the newer house was being cancelled effective Nov. 24. I called the agent who had issued the policy on my newer house and got stonewalled. No reasons at all, only "I don't know." I was told they would require an on-site examination with photos to re-examine the property as "qualified."

The agent set up a date for "agents" to come to my house and examine the property. I stayed home that day, but no one showed up. However, someone claiming to be with AAA arrived at my first house for "examination and photos." That house is for sale and the realtor let her in. It is now Nov. 13 and after repeated calls to numerous AAA personnel, leaving voicemails and getting no responses, I called their national "emergency" number. That agent was polite and said he would set up an examination date as soon as possible before the cancellation date, but still offered no explanation. This is the worst case of customer disrespect and abuse by a supposedly legitimate company I have ever heard of. Must be time to change, they don't seem to want my business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

What an BAD experience I have in regards to my Homeowners policy. I submitted a claim on Sunday 11-12-17 @ 12:00 noon. Customer relations advised me that I will get a call from an agent by Monday morning in regards to my situation. Well that never happened. I had to call Monday 13th of November 2017. I had to call again to get a hold of a person. Finally I spoke to the most ** person ever, (KENDRA **), who I don't even know how she has a job. I was explaining to her the situation to what had happened Sunday about my washing machine did not stop and water was running out. By the time I realized what had happened the water was all over in (two) rooms that completely saturated my carpets. She only cared about the fact that my deductible is $1000 and that I will be getting a call from an inside adjuster.

I asked Ms. ** who and when as this situation was urgent, and she was doing nothing but YELLING at me as if I had no right to speaking to her anymore and that It's my problem not hers... or AAA. I then received a call from another Rude person (Donna **). As I tried to explain my situation to her and what had happened, when she didn't allow me to finish my conversation before she interrupted me and explained that she will ALLOW me to finish my conversation, so she can proceed to the next customer (she had also said that she doesn't work Sundays and that they call customers accordingly and that she can't control at what time she can call anyone back). Again being Rude. Donna proceeded to explain that I will get a call from an Emergency Service Team within 1-2 hours. Mind you I spoke to Donna about 10:30 am so I can get this ball rolling.

I did not get a call from anyone and now it's 2:30 pm Monday 13th in the afternoon, over 24 hours since the water damage. I called back got Donna voicemail which stated she will call back in 24 hours. OMG, I got really mad and called her supervisor- Mr. Al **. Got his voice mail. Left him my number, case number and asked for a return call. Well Never received a call either from him. I did what thought was best for me. I called my own Emergency Service for water damage, and scheduled my own appt for Tuesday 8 am. I then got a call from a company that apparently was from the Insurance company's Emergency Service at 4:30 pm Monday 13th, 2017. I asked the gentlemen what did it take him 24 hours to call me. He stated that he just got the information from AAA about 3:30 pm and was given the wrong number, and he had to call them back to get my correct number... (WHAT A JOKE).

I told him that I already hired someone to come to my house tomorrow morning and his services are not needed. So I had to do it myself when this company gets my MONEY monthly. I then got another call from the Outside adjuster to come to my house. He will be coming tomorrow at 10:30 am to see the damage.

I am looking for the address of the Headquarters of AAA, for this branch that these people work at as I need to let management know what is going on, which I'm sure is not the first time that this has happened with this group of people. DO NOT HIRE AAA (KEYSTONE) AS YOUR HOME OR AUTO CARRIER.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

AAA is one of the best for cost. Where I live home insurance is getting hard to come by due to fire danger. I have never filed a claim with AAA and that is probably why they do not bother me. They also allow me a very high deductible which helps hold the premiums down.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We filed a claim on Sept. 4th for a busted water heater that damaged all but 2 rooms of our house. It is now Nov. 2nd and we are still living in our bedroom. Our floors, walls, cabinets, personal items, etc. were damaged. We still have no work done because AAA has it "in review" as they take 15-25 days to ever answer any questions, emails. We even called our adjustor's supervisor to take it to the next level and they have not responded via email or phone call. They simply do not care. They sent an "inspector" - not an adjustor - to our home 2 days after reporting the water damage. She literally was walking next to the remediation company so there is no way she saw all of the damage as the remediation company even came back 4 days after she was there to continue the tearing up of the water damaged walls and cabinets.

We finally got a call of a settlement of $6,000 on Sept. 29th (25 days to get that to us!) and it was about a third of what 3 contractors told us was needed. We told her that on the phone and she said to submit the bids. We got the $6000 check on Oct. 4th. Submitted a contractor bid on Oct. 18th (it took him that long to fit us in) and now it's in "review" and they will not email or call us to let us know what is happening. It's now Nov. 2nd and we are hearing crickets. Worst customer service ever. And since they are in Oklahoma, they send out an inspector so there is no one local to even talk to when you need help. The adjustor is on a different time zone so that is also a factor in trying to call in between working hours. I cannot believe they won't return emails or phone calls. I hate to get a lawyer because of the expense but we don't have a choice, it seems. RUN, RUN as fast you can away from AAA Homeowners Insurance.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Horrible experience buying a home insurance policy with AAA south at Fort Myers! The insurance issues have been going on for 2 months now and not yet settled. The insurance company sent an email to the sales agent Stephanie ** asking for repairs and inspection, which she didn't tell me in time! I tried to reach her so many times before Hurricane Irma came to find out if the policy had been set up correctly, but she wouldn't return my call or send an email response. Later the company sent me a bill asking for more premium and they were going to cancel the policy because the paperwork was not filed properly. I had to find out all this via AAA's 1-800 number because this sales agent Stephanie ** wouldn't do her job! I reported this to her boss John **, but he kept supporting her! I would stay away from the Fort Myers branch of AAA for home insurance!!

Resolution response: Oct. 16, 2017

I would not update the star rating because we are not satisfied with their service. But after calling to cancel the claim they said they wrote us a check. It won't be necessary because we did not spend more than the deductible amount. So we asked them to cancel the claim. 6 weeks of knowing nothing or any update from their end isn't exactly what one expects when premiums have been paid for more than a decade. The third call stated the original claim handler has been moved to another department. So we really don't know what to believe. I am sure we would have heard nothing had I not followed up with them the third time.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We had a water leak issue in the basement in a row home. The first adjuster was sent out to check the source of the leak. He could find nothing, so said that he would suggest Leak Detection Services to come out and check the source. The water was most probably coming from the neighbor's side and they were not co-operating when the adjuster wanted to check their basement too. After 5 days of getting no response, I called the claims person who is supposedly handling my claim and did not hear anything from him. There was no response to my voice message and a day after this another adjuster called saying the first adjuster lost all the information and was sent to Florida for work.

The second adjuster came along and from the beginning suggested that we go to court and get a judge to write an order stating the non-cooperation of the neighbor is making it hard to get to the source of the problem. So we immediately knew he was not on our side. He said the Leak Detection people couldn't do anything unless the neighbor cooperated. He said he would submit a report within 5 days. Two weeks went by and there was no call or feedback from them. Once again I called and left a message because apparently Jonathan **, the claims person is never available to take calls. So I sent him an email to respond with a feedback. He called later in the day to say there was a system error and the second adjuster could not submit the report and I should hear from CSAA in the next two days. It has been 6 weeks since the claim was opened and nothing has been done.

Now we know that the excuse of the first adjuster's loss of information and photos were all a hoax. They did not want to spend money to send Leak Detection Services. First reason was loss of information and the second reason was system error. We pay premiums for years, decades and this is how they deal with customers. I will never recommend CSAA to anybody again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

They refuse to give us an reasonable estimate of damage on a wind damage claim after 8 months. They can't even get the date of the accident right and use that to claim there wasn't much wind that day.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I had insurance with them for 3 years. I have my regular home and a rental, they uninsured my rental without telling me. In fact, it took a year till I found out that my rental home was not insured. Even though I specifically asked to have both houses insured and they said that both were insured. The lady who I talked to even lied to me and said that I had canceled the insurance for the rental. I asked her to show me proof of when I cancelled, since we have the documents and recordings, she immediately got nervous and told me that they could fix it, no fee right away. My rental was without insurance for a year, luckily, nothing happened but it could have been worse. Their customer service was horrid. I went in person to talk to the manager and they never apologized. They just simply told me to cancel because it would be better. They didn't even try. Not a single apology. Bad customer service, bad insurance.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Lets me say this, I always had Home Insurance/Renters Insurance for over 10 years. I thought AAA was the TOP Insurance Agencies out there, so I decided to get AAA in March 2017. Then the worst hit Me, so I needed to filed a claim. My 1st claim ever!!! AAA gave Me the worst & I mean the WORST customer service. I got yelled and cursed out by one of their claim adjustor. I sent all my proof, pictures & I even got a police report. AAA Insurance Department gave me the runaround, then denied my claim when I did everything correct. Dealing with AAA Renter's/Home Insurance Department gave me a bad experience and I will NEVER recommend ANYONE to get their Home Insurance/Renter's Insurance... That area from ME, get two thumbs down.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We have had AAA Homeowners Insurance for 20+ years and had never filed a claim until January of 2017. During a remodel we rented a "POD" and placed household items in the pod for safekeeping. The POD was broken into and a lot of our items were stolen. We filed police report and a claim with AAA for reimbursement. The claim was processed in a timely manner so that part went well.

However, a month or so ago our insurance was due to renew. Our policy cost went up and when I asked why I was told that this was automatic when a claim is filed and that the cost of our policy would be increased for two years, standard procedure. We feel this is not exactly playing fair. I pay policy premiums for 20 plus years but file one claim and it's an automatic $$ raise in policy premiums? Not happy with that at all. Oh and NEVER rent a pod. After the break in we kept a watchful eye on it and attempted break ins were repeated. At least 3 more padlocks were broken before we got rid of it. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We've had major storm damage to our home and were treated absolutely horrible. We've been with them for over 30 years and have never had a claim. They have denied most of the storm and wind damage to our home which they have been insuring since it was brand new (over 20 years now). "You people are criminal." Shame on you AAA, you are a disgrace to the American people.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

This is my worst nightmare with AAA adjuster. My house was flooded due to water pipes busted on 6/24/2017. I filed a claim with AAA. 2 months go by, with countless number of emails, receipts, pictures, plus reports to her supervisor, John. LaPorche still doesn't give a **. She's a liar. She can't keep up with her words or promises to clients despite her boss, John, instructed her what to do. Both of us, my husband and I, for food expenses per month (31days) is <$400 and we are living in a Bay Area. What is the point to submit adjuster LaPorche all the receipts but she doesn't care? All we are asking is our food reimbursement $$$, not credits or anything else. I need help. Where or what else should I do to protect my rights? PLEASE Advise!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I recently damaged my tractor while using it on my property. I submitted a claim and it was denied. They told me my claim was denied because it did not meet the NAMED PERILS conditions of my coverage. There are 17 very specific conditions under which they will approve a claim and the damage to my tractor does not fall into one of them. This information was not given to me at the time of purchasing insurance and never mentioned until after they denied it. Out of curiosity I checked with another insurance company and with the exact same language in their contracts they would pay such a claim.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

In May 2017, the water hose to the ice maker detached leaking water all over the kitchen floor. As a result, there was damage to the Bamboo floor in the adjacent dining room, the kitchen cabinets, drop ceiling in the downstairs family room, etc. We have a higher end condominium, which was remodeled five years ago. From the get go CSAA gave us the runaround. First, they accused us of claiming none existent damage. When the noticeable nature of the damages made their argument a moot point they wanted to fix the Bamboo flooring with a 30 square foot "patch" in the middle of the dining room and buffing the rest of the floor to blend in. Our contractor explained to CSAA that Bamboo is an extremely hard wood, which cannot be sanded. The floor also has a baked on factory finish.

That is when the CSAA reviewer recommended the contractor engage ITEL to locate the same floor somewhere in the US and use it to affect the repairs. Unfortunately, ours is a glued down, tongue and groove, flooring system. It is impossible to simply remove and replace a section of floor in the middle of a room. In addition the floor is continuous no breaks no thresholds. Next, the reviewer recommended my contractor rework the floor planks by removing the tongue and groove. Seriously? A person with even the slightest knowledge (forget common sense) would never propose such a ridiculous option. The floor distributor issued an opinion saying the alteration CSAA recommends alters the product from its original design defeating the purpose of the tongue and groove system. It also voids the flooring warranty.

A short while ago I spoke with the adjuster (withholding her name out of respect for our profession). The adjuster confirmed she has received everything she needs from the contractor, the distributor and me. Now the next step is to go back to the mystery reviewer to be sure he agrees with the contractor and the distributor. In addition, the adjuster will not even provide me with a definitive time line for resolution of the claim.

Obviously, CSAA does not plan to honor the promise they made to us. Clearly, they would not care less about our property or us. They will continue with the borderline unfair claims practices. But Newsflash! CSAA I will NOT go away. And for every minute of irritation and frustration you cause me, I will cause you bad publicity, loss of goodwill and future revenues tenfold.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Triple AAA is refusing to pay a water damage claim that has caused mold to accumulate when my roof was leaking in 2013. They will not put the mold remediation on the PAST water claim even though their own engineers said the mold throughout my house was from before the roof was replaced. Triple AAA is saying they dont care what their own engineers reports say, they will not pay for the mold remediation on the 2013 claim, even though I have 4 engineers and 100 pages of testing and proof that I am correct.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have been a member of AAA insurance since I was 17 (nearly 50 years) - roadside assistance, auto insurance, and homeowners insurance - any one to all three at various times. Now I want to quit all contact with them because in the past 15 years, every time I have needed to file any sort of claim, their service has gotten worse and worse. It is clear that they no longer value my membership as they used to. As I read other reviews, it all seems deja vu, and it is clear that their conduct towards me is not much different from how they treat others.

Currently, I am trying to collect from a massive home flood (7 days of a broken refill valve in an upstairs bathroom causing 90,000 gallons to water to cascade down the walls and break apart ceilings). The total $$ damage was about $90,000 (rough estimate), and at least $35,000 in personal property. My policy provides for full replacement, although it doesn't seems that they are paying attention to that detail.

When I came home from a week away (half my home had been destroyed from the flooding), I found out that AAA had terminated my HO insurance nearly three years prior when my ex and I separated. They took it upon themselves to change the policy name to her name and the address to her address. Then because they decided that my home was not being occupied (I had concurrent roadside assist and auto insurance to the same address), they sent her a note that the policy was being terminated. She called them and told me what was happening (I didn't remember any of this until I looked through our old records), and she informed them of their mistake. They were not convinced, so I called to confirm, and never heard anything since then. AAA cancelled the insurance anyway.

It took two months for the state Dept of Banking to adjucate that AAA needed to reinstate me. By that time, I had already contracted for much of the repairs. Never-the-less, they sent people to look at the damage. But, I was told that they would not look at the hundreds of photos which I or other family members took as they loaded two dumpsters with destroyed items. Nor would they examine photos of the furniture as it looked prior to the flood.

Consequently, they were willing to pay me $1500 for an antique double drop-leaf dining room table, but when I showed them two photos of exact duplicate tables being sold for $5000 (a third table was offered for $9000), they decided that I was being uncooperative and they insisted I get an outside Appraiser. Oops, I'm jumping ahead of the story because that happened three years after the flood. Yes, they procrastinated for two years by not answering my questions before they basically quit paying for any further claims.

I spent over one year trying to get them to itemize an $11K supplemental check they sent me when I pointed out that they had not included a number of repairs in their estimate (how could they? When they were not there to see that actual damage when had occurred or the quality of the kitchen cabinets?) For instance, they had estimated about $10K for kitchen cabinet repairs, but it cost me nearly $20K. When they finally sent me a copy of their original estimate with the changed lines highlighted, I pointed out that the changes didn't equal the check amount, they ignored my letter.

When it was clear that I would never get an exact accounting of their check (NJ law requires an easy-to-understand itemization of payments), I submitted the remaining home repair receipts only to learn that they had closed the case for home repairs (even though I had told them there were more receipts pending). I am still trying to get them to pay for the remaining amount. I should point out that they have no qualms about lying to me.

They were only willing to pay $200 to repair my hardwood foyer (they assumed depreciation, because they were unaware that my floor looked great because I had it redone 2 years prior), and all the estimates were $1000. So I insisted they send their own guy out to do the job. Eventually (6 months later), a guy came out who said that not only would I need a new floor, but might need to replace part of the subfloor. I told him to go ahead and get the job done.

When I didn't hear anything for four months, one of the adjusters suggested that I get my own guy to replace the floor, and the adjuster gave the OK to the preliminary estimate. When I contacted AAA two months after the job was completed to find out why they were balking at paying the floor guy, I asked what happened to the guy they sent out. I was told that he had submitted a proposal to me and was waiting for me to decide when floor color to use. When I contacted the guy's company, they told me that they had send a proposal to AAA only and were waiting to hear back from them. I caught the guy in an outright lie! I could tell more anecdotes, but I think you get the general idea.

Before my last receipts for home repairs had been examined, AAA offered me $18K to settle. I turned it down because they neglected to include the home repairs and any other expenses I had which they subsequently decided they weren't going to pay for. I retained an attorney and consulted a number of other attorneys. Basically, I probably don't have a legal case because the statute has passed.

The AAA point guy decided to continue to contact me directly until a few weeks ago when he must have decided that I am stirring up too much dirt by contacting the adjusters also, so he wrote to my attorney (and copied me) that my attorney was to tell me not to contact anyone from AAA directly. HA! I told him that he never bothered to have the AAA attorney contact my attorney, he was the one who decided that it was OK for a lay person (me) to speak to him, and it was obviously OK for him to speak to my attorney.

Over six months ago, AAA offered to continue negotiating with me or to have us both engage the services of professional Appraisers. I told the point guy that I wanted to continue to negotiate (we hadn't negotiated much at all, in fact), but he then ignored that he offered me this option. Every response from him now is calling for my Appraiser. I have offered to accept his prior offer of $18K (which was exactly the amount of money they had planned to pay me when, and if, I replaced all the items I had lost), but despite email evidence, he is denying he made this offer.

I have no plans to replace ALL the items which were destroyed in the flood. My needs have changed (for instance, I am now single with no children living here), so it would be stupid for me to purchase the full sized dining room furniture I used to have. But, my policy guarantees full replacement value, and they are unwilling to pay me more than the value of the wood planks. I would never ever again do business with AAA. When I was younger, AAA was known for its great customer service and its superior service. Clearly, they no longer wish to live up to their reputation.

Original review: July 17, 2017

DANGER! DO NOT GET INSURANCE WITH AAA!!! They have a continued reputation of denying rightful claims (read the 3000 complaints). When you pay your premiums you anticipate that they will be there for you when you need them to protect you from financial ruin. Not the case! They take your money and do nothing in return but add tremendous hardship to your life. We have had multiple policies with AAA that included 2 life, 2 homes, auto, and a membership for 13 years. I have never had to file a claim before until this year.

In January 2017, our house in Michigan had a pipe burst 12 hours before the closing of a sale. It seemed impossible that this could happen... the one in a million. We were devastated. Within the hour we called AAA and submitted the claim with hope that they would help us repair the water damage allowing us to get it back on the market to sell. The water damage was extensive and ran down all 4 levels of the house. Mitigators came, dried it out, and gutted everything that detected moisture. We were left with a house that required $80,000-$100,000 in renovations.

We immediately felt resistance from AAA with a letter questioning ownership (deed in our name) and occupation (house cleared for new owners 4 days prior) that escalated into them requesting we appear in March for an Examination Under Oath (EUO). It became necessary to hire a Public Adjuster and Lawyer. We cooperated with every request that included providing over 50 pages of supporting documents and appearing at the EUO for over 5 hours of interrogation. They procrastinated any response until we received a denial letter in July. This denial letter came after 3 months of continued procrastination all while our lawyer inquired with them on 6 separate occasions.

6 months of waiting, spending $8,000 in accumulated expenses, for them to formulate a denial that could have been done 5 months prior, with a house that is stuck in purgatory, in a condition that we could not reside in, with mortgage, electric, gas, water/sewer, tax, and insurance payments that we continued to make. We don't have the patience to sue and wait another year or two so we now have to cover the entire bill ourselves to renovate it back to selling condition. Who has an extra $80,000-$100,000 to throw into something like this? Nobody, because you anticipate that you will never be in this situation because you have insurance to protect you.

Don't have false security under AAA. We are done with them and are changing all 5 of our policies. Seems like we are not alone with this in reading over 3000 complaints. Laws need to change to stop protecting the corporations and screwing the paying client. It's fraud. They are raping us and it's legal. Not sure what insurance company to turn to next... maybe they are all the same.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Experience was similar to others on this site. Furthermore, they lied about applicable statutes and rules, invented rules that did not exist or were no longer legal; attempted to illegally toll the claim, and forget if you think that your policy is a contract. Not to them. A member for thirty years, like others on the site, they go out of their way to screw the public over.

Original review: June 5, 2017

My husband and I have been covered by AAA for 20 for both our home and cars. My husband passed away in February so I sold his car. I called AAA to take his car off the policy. I told the agent on the phone that he passed but she did not remove him from the policy. So I made a trip to the local office and removed him from our policy altogether. Last week I received my annual renewal for homeowners and they increased my coverage limits by 2.69%, my premium was increased by 45%. It was described as a premium surcharge. I am outraged and will be looking for new home and car insurance tomorrow.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I am going on 4 years of service with Triple AAA. I was very happy with their rates but this year not with their service. I always pay my insurances in full for the year but this year for some reason they only withdrew partial payment. I called and complained about the error where they proceed on deducting the remaining amount. Now I am told that the person who handled my transaction probably posted my remaining balance of 574.30 to someone else's account and I cannot receive Credit on my Home Insurance until the error is found. What a bunch of Crock! My insurance is due for cancellation May 19, 2017, at 12.01 a.m. I went 3 times to their San Antonio Office at 11075 IH-10 west at. I had Bank Statement showing the withdrawals and I was assured that my insurance would not be canceled but I did receive a different message today. It seems to me that Triple AAA is only interested in sales and definitely not service.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Kate ** is the more horrible claims adjuster there has ever been. She had our claim in limbo for months, asked for details, pictures, etc. she had been provided multiple times previously, and was very combative. She is awful and should be fired immediately.

Original review: May 4, 2017

First I would like to say, I have been with AAA for almost 20 yrs and have only filed one claim for hail damage to the roof, 5 yrs ago. I have it on my car and home. April 29, 2017 my basement sewer drains backed up during the last rain storm. I called my agent to file a claim only to find out I no longer have this coverage. Apparently a bunch of provisions to my policy was deleted and I was not told. She said, "They contact you at renewal time to see if you want to keep it." They don't contact me, they bill my mortgage company, it's guaranteed full payment. They have no reason to contact me. I am LIVID!!! I am looking for a new insurance company!!

AAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is a large, nationwide insurance company that offers various types of insurance. While AAA is best known for its auto insurance policies, it also offers homeowners insurance policies to interested parties.

• Company accessibility: AAA is nationwide and a convenient option for people who live across America. Thus, no matter where a person lives, he or she will have access to a AAA office and representatives who can serve him or her quickly.

• Advanced technology for consumers: This homeowners insurance company has an extremely extensive online presence, making it easy to interact and do business with the company no matter where the homeowner is located. With AAA, customers can get quotes, communicate with customer service representatives, ask questions and more.

• One-stop shop: AAA can be a convenient place for homeowners to get all of their insurance policies, including auto insurance and pet insurance.

• Insurance: AAA is a known for being a car insurer, and their reputation as a homeowners insurance company is much newer.

• Customer service: AAA homeowners insurance is a large, corporate company with many employees, increasing the risk of inconsistent customer service.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners