Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

AAA is well known for its auto insurance, but it also sells homeowners insurance. If you're already an AAA member, you can qualify for several discounts on your policy. Bundling your auto insurance from AAA with your homeowners insurance is a great option if you're looking to save.

BOTTOM LINE

AAA homeowners insurance provides excellent discounts and pricing. Options and coverage vary by club, but the overall coverage is reliable.

PROS

• Good coverage
  • Several discounts
  • Great pricing

CONS

• Fewer options with certain AAA clubs

Top AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews We Found

Had a violent windstorm a few years back that caused an oak tree to fall on and crush my attached garage. A day later, my AAA guy was at my home evaluating the damage... They were able to begin reconstruction the NEXT day... They are a sterling insurance company that values me as a client.

I have a good relationship with my representative at AAA. I've only had to make a claim once, when lightning damaged some valuable computer equipment, but I was really pleased with the service. Steve handled my claim in a timely manner, knowing that I depend on my computer for my living.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Compare Quotes

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

How does AAA homeowners insurance work?

You can purchase AAA homeowners insurance whether or not you're an existing AAA member. However, if you're a member, you get multiple discount opportunities. Most AAA homeowners insurance meets HO-3 standards, meaning it covers your home, personal property and liability. However, policy options and discounts vary depending on the AAA club you belong to.

AAA homeowners insurance cost

AAA has some of the cheapest homeowners insurance quotes available. Below, we have examples of annual rates — keep in mind that factors like home location and value affect your premium, so yours may look different.

Estimated AAA homeowners insurance annual premiums

Value of homeEstimated annual rate
$75,000$560
$150,000$950
$200,000$1,200
$350,000$1,850

AAA homeowners insurance discounts

Several discounts from AAA help lower the cost of your home insurance, including:

• Smoke detector and home alarm: If you have either of these devices, you can receive up to 15% off your policy.
  • New home: Depending on the age of your home, you can get a discount of up to 40%.
  • Hail-resistant roof: For hail-resistant roofs, expect a discount of up to 35%.
  • New home renovations: If you make new renovations to your home, you can save up to 23% on your premiums.
  • Retiree: If you’re 55 years or older and don’t work, you can get up to 10% off your policy.
  • No claims: If you don't make a claim for three years, you get a discount of up to 13%.

What does AAA homeowners insurance cover?

Most homeowners insurance from AAA are HO-3 policies. HO-3 insurance covers property damage caused by all perils (e.g., fire, lightning, vandalism) except specifically listed exclusions (e.g., pests, wear and tear) and covers personal property damage attributed to named perils (e.g., theft, smoke damage). The basic types of coverage offered by AAA include:

• Dwelling protection
  • Liability protection
  • Personal property protection
  • Guest medical protection
  • Additional living expense coverage
  • Other structures protection

AAA homeowners insurance FAQ

Does AAA homeowners insurance cover mold?
For clubs in most areas, AAA insurance covers mold, but some clubs do not offer full coverage for mold.
Who underwrites AAA homeowners insurance?
The policy underwriter varies by AAA club. Individual clubs outsource homeowners insurance policies to third-party providers.
What does AAA homeowners insurance cover?
AAA homeowners insurance covers damage to your home, your personal possessions and liability. Coverage options vary by club.
Is AAA homeowners insurance cheap?
Yes, AAA homeowners insurance is cheap compared with similar coverage offered by competitors.

Is AAA good homeowners insurance?

We think AAA homeowners insurance is worth it, especially if you're an AAA member and can take advantage of the numerous discounts. Coverage and pricing vary based on which club holds your membership, so the best thing to do is get a quote and decide if the protection is worth the cost. If so, AAA homeowners insurance will serve your needs well.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2020

I had a large branch off of a very large tree fall on my garage and backyard fence. AAA sent an adjuster who began our encounter lecturing me about how "some people" want to get their damaged property improved not just repaired. He was obviously insinuating that I was going to do this. I have a 1924 craftsman house is an historic neighborhood. My detached garage was knocked off square, the roof was penetrated gutter and soffit was torn off, and roof rafters were split. The 6' wooden fence was splintered as well as the entryway.

Two cost estimates from a reputable fence firm for the fence was between 5800.00 (if I wanted the archway entryway reconstructed) to 3800.00 if I just wanted a standard gate. I submitted the full replacement quote to the adjuster and was told that they would not pay for the 8' (out of 35') that the main tree had occupied.. The fence was built around the tree. I had to pay 4000.00 to have the tree removed myself and 3' of good fence was taken out to allow the arborists to access the 5' diameter tree to remove it. I sent the adjuster the smaller quote of 3800.00 without the archway and told him I would pay for 800.00 of the cost for the 8' of tree length. They sent me 1200.00.

The garage repair was problematic. Two contractors refused to even quote the job to square up the garage due to liability issues. I insisted that the adjuster contract a structural engineer to determine if the garage could be fixed. Seven months later and a call to his supervisor finally got the engineer on site. I was pleased to hear that the garage can be straightened. In the meantime I had a quote to reroof the garage, sister the rafters, replace the gutter and screens, soffit, and brace the interior..12,000.00. I had the garage insured for 30,000.00.

Final total: Max cost via quotes for garage, limb, and fence..max: 17,300.00.
Total AAA paid: 6349.00... with depreciation added 8184.77.

My cost including 1000.00 deductible: over 9000.00.

My Advice.. avoid AAA like the plague.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I was hit by hail last May (2019). I still do not have payment (March 2020) for all the damage. We have had to refile our claim six (6) times and we are now waiting for another decision. My contractor stated that this has been the worst company to deal with in my whole area. When I email, they respond that it's in review. When I call, I must leave a message and they do not return my calls. I am ready to go to arbitration if they do not finalize my claim this week. Each check they send is for a small portion of what I need to fully replace the damaged roof, siding, windows and out buildings. Thank goodness my contractor is patient! He is waiting for payment.

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I had AAA flood insurance in Tampa, FL for over 20 years and every year they increased my rate by over $100. When I had an Elevation survey done I called them to refund premiums. They said, "Oh we only will refund for the current policy" even though they over charged me about $1400 a year for about 20 years. I told them I got a new Quote. It would be only $826 a year instead of $2,225 a year 2019-2020 price. They somehow stated, "Oh no. The new insurance quote you got from a totally different company can't be right." They said it should be $1568 a year. I went right away to sign up for the new policy and was advised by the agent, "Oh the insurance company called me back and stated they should charge you $1553."

FYI as of 7/2019 new Florida law states that private market flood insurance companies can replace the previous mandatory and only option available was FEMA insurance for flood. Now if you have a conventional loan you have the option of obtaining private flood flood insurance instead. AAA only does FEMA insurance by the way. Long story short they were saying, "Well what do you have in your garage? What kind of equipment." Why so they could look for things to raise my rate in order to not give me a fair quote for the flood insurance based on the elevation certificate. I talked to them every day for a week either by email or phone.

Finally talked to underwriter cause they were asking for pictures of my garage which they already had from the elevation certificate pictures. Underwriter said, "Oh ok I see the roof line. I will fix this and in 48 hours your refund will be processed." Called back 2 days later nothing. She I told her was documented. They said, "Oh we haven't processed anything. You need to fill out these forms." They emailed me the form with the same questions the underwriter asked me 2 days before. The agent I was speaking to had to fill out the form and they made me wait another 2 days to refund me the lowball refund.

AAA are nasty scammers that want to find any reason to not give you a refund and if that is not possible then they want to scam the crap out of you to refund you as little as possible and prolong the refund process as well. I am going to call them every day until my refund is in the mail. Stay away. AAA scammers. No integrity and most of their employees are arrogant and act like they own the company and they will be paying you out of their own paycheck. I don't recommend AAA to anyone and if you are with them run. Cancel. Find another company. They need to be out of business which I am sure they will be very soon by the looks of the reviews and how poorly they are running this company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I am a contractor 30 plus years. Helping a good friend with a claim and tried to talk with adjuster. Long story short is he denied a claim for his inaccurate inspection and told me I had no idea what I was talking about. Called his boss and he was just as arrogant. If ever approached by a John **, you should either get a public adjuster or have him get someone else. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

AAA of Southern California refused to insure my home with the excuse that it is less than 1/2 mile from the Tijuana Estuary. None of other insurance companies ever came up with that excuse. This is quite ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have had homeowners insurance with AAA for many years. We have been at our home for over three years. I paid my policy in full for $1,400 for the year. I had a question about my policy and they came back and said THEY made a mistake and they demanded I pay $3,800 for my policy or they would cancel my policy. They acknowledged that numerous employees must have made this dramatic mistake. They refused to honour our fully paid policy, based upon their own, alleged mistake. They tried to hold me hostage, because I would have no time to replace my policy. In the end, you must trust your insurance company to stand by you when something bad happens. Do not trust AAA. They clearly do not stand by their customers and appear willing to scam them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We only had AAA homeowners insurance for a few months. While we were away, our brand new fish tank from PetSmart sprung a leak. There was damage to the flooring, carpets, and walls. The adjuster came out. He was rude, insensitive, and extremely difficult. For instance, when he asked one question, I said: "I'm not sure". My husband answered, "Yes". The adjuster nastily said, "Which was it. Make up your mind". Another example, he offered to replace one of the damaged carpets but not the padding. We had to hire an independent adjuster and pay a large fee. AAA has made no motion to go against the fish tank manufacturer. TWO YEARS later we finally settled. Our out of pocket expenses were $4,500. We have given up which is what they wanted. Of course, I switched carriers after 3 months of arguing. I don't care how inexpensive AAA insurance is...DO NOT buy it!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have been a member of AAA and have utilized their insurance services for over twenty years. I have always been satisfied with their services. Recently, I purchased a home and insured it with the company. When it came time for renewal a year later, I was first hassled because we're doing a remodel and they wouldn't insure unless we got a letter from the contractor stating it would be completed in thirty days, which I secured and sent to them. Then, they claimed it was considered "mixed construction" (even though they CURRENTLY INSURED THE HOUSE) and now wouldn't be renewing.

They gave me the runaround for a month, making me jump through a bunch of hoops, separating my daughter from our insurance policy to get a "better rate," and wasting a lot of time, only to decide that now, they won't renew the insurance. I'm so angry. This is not the insurance company I know and I will be moving all of my insurance away from this new, inferior company. What a shame.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We have had our home insured through AAA for several years. We have never had to file a claim and never really needed to put the services to the test. An insurance company can only be accurately assessed when a need arises and the homeowner has to file a claim. We believed AAA to be a top rate company and never doubted that if we needed to file a claim, that the claim would receive prompt attention and superior service.

We recently needed to file a claim with AAA for roof damage that occurred as a result of two separate hailstorms in 2017. We discovered the problem in 2018 when a section of the roof leaked into the master bedroom. Two adjustors made an initial visit to our home, but did not ascend to the roof. The adjustors indicated there was frost on the roof and another visit would be scheduled at another time to check out the roof. The adjustors instead conducted an assessment of some sort around the perimeter of the home and took many pictures. I was not aware that this would take place and neither adjustor indicated at the time of the initial visit that a perimeter inspection of my home would be conducted.

A day or two later, we receive a voicemail to call the adjustor and an email indicating our claim had been denied. Apparently, unbeknownst to us the homeowners, an adjustor had been to the home at some point, ascended to the roof to conduct the inspection while we were away! This was upsetting as we wanted to be notified of the inspection to have a certified and qualified roofer act as our advocate and provide us with information concerning the status of the claim and sort out any insurance jargon for later follow up. Upon contacting the adjustor as to the nature of the denial, the adjustor stated there was no damage to the roof and that any damage noted from hail was due to the age of the roof.

Our home was built in 2005 and we have never had any issues. We asked several roofers to assess the roof and each indicated roof damage and provided pictures to show us. I asked the adjustor if any pictures taken could be provided as proof that he was actually on the roof. Our request was denied. We further inquired about the appeal process as we were perplexed the claim was denied. The adjustor indicated that our options were to hire an attorney or schedule an adjustor to come out or file a complaint with the state.

The adjustor further indicated that if we opted to contact the state, our only other recourse beyond that was to hire an attorney. We inquired about the credentials of the adjustor and that of the engineer. The adjustor indicated that he had some training as it relates to roof matters and material and that the structural engineer would conduct some tests the nature of which we did not understand. We opted for the structural engineer who also denied roof damage and supported denial of the claim.

This whole process was troubling as we inquired throughout the community as to storm related damage. Although many roofs in the community have been replaced by other companies due to roof damage, all homeowners within our community insured through AAA who submitted similar claims were also denied. It is perplexing that a perceived reputable company such as AAA is involved in systematically denying legitimate claims for various nefarious reasons. We are highly disappointed, plan to post a review to alert other homeowners and take a look at other insurers reviews to determine a better fit for our homeowner insurance needs.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Company Information