AAA Homeowners Insurance

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently damaged my tractor while using it on my property. I submitted a claim and it was denied. They told me my claim was denied because it did not meet the NAMED PERILS conditions of my coverage. There are 17 very specific conditions under which they will approve a claim and the damage to my tractor does not fall into one of them. This information was not given to me at the time of purchasing insurance and never mentioned until after they denied it. Out of curiosity I checked with another insurance company and with the exact same language in their contracts they would pay such a claim.

In May 2017, the water hose to the ice maker detached leaking water all over the kitchen floor. As a result, there was damage to the Bamboo floor in the adjacent dining room, the kitchen cabinets, drop ceiling in the downstairs family room, etc. We have a higher end condominium, which was remodeled five years ago. From the get go CSAA gave us the runaround. First, they accused us of claiming none existent damage. When the noticeable nature of the damages made their argument a moot point they wanted to fix the Bamboo flooring with a 30 square foot "patch" in the middle of the dining room and buffing the rest of the floor to blend in. Our contractor explained to CSAA that Bamboo is an extremely hard wood, which cannot be sanded. The floor also has a baked on factory finish.

That is when the CSAA reviewer recommended the contractor engage ITEL to locate the same floor somewhere in the US and use it to affect the repairs. Unfortunately, ours is a glued down, tongue and groove, flooring system. It is impossible to simply remove and replace a section of floor in the middle of a room. In addition the floor is continuous no breaks no thresholds. Next, the reviewer recommended my contractor rework the floor planks by removing the tongue and groove. Seriously? A person with even the slightest knowledge (forget common sense) would never propose such a ridiculous option. The floor distributor issued an opinion saying the alteration CSAA recommends alters the product from its original design defeating the purpose of the tongue and groove system. It also voids the flooring warranty.

A short while ago I spoke with the adjuster (withholding her name out of respect for our profession). The adjuster confirmed she has received everything she needs from the contractor, the distributor and me. Now the next step is to go back to the mystery reviewer to be sure he agrees with the contractor and the distributor. In addition, the adjuster will not even provide me with a definitive time line for resolution of the claim.

Obviously, CSAA does not plan to honor the promise they made to us. Clearly, they would not care less about our property or us. They will continue with the borderline unfair claims practices. But Newsflash! CSAA I will NOT go away. And for every minute of irritation and frustration you cause me, I will cause you bad publicity, loss of goodwill and future revenues tenfold.

Triple AAA is refusing to pay a water damage claim that has caused mold to accumulate when my roof was leaking in 2013. They will not put the mold remediation on the PAST water claim even though their own engineers said the mold throughout my house was from before the roof was replaced. Triple AAA is saying they dont care what their own engineers reports say, they will not pay for the mold remediation on the 2013 claim, even though I have 4 engineers and 100 pages of testing and proof that I am correct.

I have been a member of AAA insurance since I was 17 (nearly 50 years) - roadside assistance, auto insurance, and homeowners insurance - any one to all three at various times. Now I want to quit all contact with them because in the past 15 years, every time I have needed to file any sort of claim, their service has gotten worse and worse. It is clear that they no longer value my membership as they used to. As I read other reviews, it all seems deja vu, and it is clear that their conduct towards me is not much different from how they treat others.

Currently, I am trying to collect from a massive home flood (7 days of a broken refill valve in an upstairs bathroom causing 90,000 gallons to water to cascade down the walls and break apart ceilings). The total $$ damage was about $90,000 (rough estimate), and at least $35,000 in personal property. My policy provides for full replacement, although it doesn't seems that they are paying attention to that detail.

When I came home from a week away (half my home had been destroyed from the flooding), I found out that AAA had terminated my HO insurance nearly three years prior when my ex and I separated. They took it upon themselves to change the policy name to her name and the address to her address. Then because they decided that my home was not being occupied (I had concurrent roadside assist and auto insurance to the same address), they sent her a note that the policy was being terminated. She called them and told me what was happening (I didn't remember any of this until I looked through our old records), and she informed them of their mistake. They were not convinced, so I called to confirm, and never heard anything since then. AAA cancelled the insurance anyway.

It took two months for the state Dept of Banking to adjucate that AAA needed to reinstate me. By that time, I had already contracted for much of the repairs. Never-the-less, they sent people to look at the damage. But, I was told that they would not look at the hundreds of photos which I or other family members took as they loaded two dumpsters with destroyed items. Nor would they examine photos of the furniture as it looked prior to the flood.

Consequently, they were willing to pay me $1500 for an antique double drop-leaf dining room table, but when I showed them two photos of exact duplicate tables being sold for $5000 (a third table was offered for $9000), they decided that I was being uncooperative and they insisted I get an outside Appraiser. Oops, I'm jumping ahead of the story because that happened three years after the flood. Yes, they procrastinated for two years by not answering my questions before they basically quit paying for any further claims.

I spent over one year trying to get them to itemize an $11K supplemental check they sent me when I pointed out that they had not included a number of repairs in their estimate (how could they? When they were not there to see that actual damage when had occurred or the quality of the kitchen cabinets?) For instance, they had estimated about $10K for kitchen cabinet repairs, but it cost me nearly $20K. When they finally sent me a copy of their original estimate with the changed lines highlighted, I pointed out that the changes didn't equal the check amount, they ignored my letter.

When it was clear that I would never get an exact accounting of their check (NJ law requires an easy-to-understand itemization of payments), I submitted the remaining home repair receipts only to learn that they had closed the case for home repairs (even though I had told them there were more receipts pending). I am still trying to get them to pay for the remaining amount. I should point out that they have no qualms about lying to me.

They were only willing to pay $200 to repair my hardwood foyer (they assumed depreciation, because they were unaware that my floor looked great because I had it redone 2 years prior), and all the estimates were $1000. So I insisted they send their own guy out to do the job. Eventually (6 months later), a guy came out who said that not only would I need a new floor, but might need to replace part of the subfloor. I told him to go ahead and get the job done.

When I didn't hear anything for four months, one of the adjusters suggested that I get my own guy to replace the floor, and the adjuster gave the OK to the preliminary estimate. When I contacted AAA two months after the job was completed to find out why they were balking at paying the floor guy, I asked what happened to the guy they sent out. I was told that he had submitted a proposal to me and was waiting for me to decide when floor color to use. When I contacted the guy's company, they told me that they had send a proposal to AAA only and were waiting to hear back from them. I caught the guy in an outright lie! I could tell more anecdotes, but I think you get the general idea.

Before my last receipts for home repairs had been examined, AAA offered me $18K to settle. I turned it down because they neglected to include the home repairs and any other expenses I had which they subsequently decided they weren't going to pay for. I retained an attorney and consulted a number of other attorneys. Basically, I probably don't have a legal case because the statute has passed.

The AAA point guy decided to continue to contact me directly until a few weeks ago when he must have decided that I am stirring up too much dirt by contacting the adjusters also, so he wrote to my attorney (and copied me) that my attorney was to tell me not to contact anyone from AAA directly. HA! I told him that he never bothered to have the AAA attorney contact my attorney, he was the one who decided that it was OK for a lay person (me) to speak to him, and it was obviously OK for him to speak to my attorney.

Over six months ago, AAA offered to continue negotiating with me or to have us both engage the services of professional Appraisers. I told the point guy that I wanted to continue to negotiate (we hadn't negotiated much at all, in fact), but he then ignored that he offered me this option. Every response from him now is calling for my Appraiser. I have offered to accept his prior offer of $18K (which was exactly the amount of money they had planned to pay me when, and if, I replaced all the items I had lost), but despite email evidence, he is denying he made this offer.

I have no plans to replace ALL the items which were destroyed in the flood. My needs have changed (for instance, I am now single with no children living here), so it would be stupid for me to purchase the full sized dining room furniture I used to have. But, my policy guarantees full replacement value, and they are unwilling to pay me more than the value of the wood planks. I would never ever again do business with AAA. When I was younger, AAA was known for its great customer service and its superior service. Clearly, they no longer wish to live up to their reputation.

DANGER! DO NOT GET INSURANCE WITH AAA!!! They have a continued reputation of denying rightful claims (read the 3000 complaints). When you pay your premiums you anticipate that they will be there for you when you need them to protect you from financial ruin. Not the case! They take your money and do nothing in return but add tremendous hardship to your life. We have had multiple policies with AAA that included 2 life, 2 homes, auto, and a membership for 13 years. I have never had to file a claim before until this year.

In January 2017, our house in Michigan had a pipe burst 12 hours before the closing of a sale. It seemed impossible that this could happen... the one in a million. We were devastated. Within the hour we called AAA and submitted the claim with hope that they would help us repair the water damage allowing us to get it back on the market to sell. The water damage was extensive and ran down all 4 levels of the house. Mitigators came, dried it out, and gutted everything that detected moisture. We were left with a house that required $80,000-$100,000 in renovations.

We immediately felt resistance from AAA with a letter questioning ownership (deed in our name) and occupation (house cleared for new owners 4 days prior) that escalated into them requesting we appear in March for an Examination Under Oath (EUO). It became necessary to hire a Public Adjuster and Lawyer. We cooperated with every request that included providing over 50 pages of supporting documents and appearing at the EUO for over 5 hours of interrogation. They procrastinated any response until we received a denial letter in July. This denial letter came after 3 months of continued procrastination all while our lawyer inquired with them on 6 separate occasions.

6 months of waiting, spending $8,000 in accumulated expenses, for them to formulate a denial that could have been done 5 months prior, with a house that is stuck in purgatory, in a condition that we could not reside in, with mortgage, electric, gas, water/sewer, tax, and insurance payments that we continued to make. We don't have the patience to sue and wait another year or two so we now have to cover the entire bill ourselves to renovate it back to selling condition. Who has an extra $80,000-$100,000 to throw into something like this? Nobody, because you anticipate that you will never be in this situation because you have insurance to protect you.

Don't have false security under AAA. We are done with them and are changing all 5 of our policies. Seems like we are not alone with this in reading over 3000 complaints. Laws need to change to stop protecting the corporations and screwing the paying client. It's fraud. They are raping us and it's legal. Not sure what insurance company to turn to next... maybe they are all the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Experience was similar to others on this site. Furthermore, they lied about applicable statutes and rules, invented rules that did not exist or were no longer legal; attempted to illegally toll the claim, and forget if you think that your policy is a contract. Not to them. A member for thirty years, like others on the site, they go out of their way to screw the public over.

My husband and I have been covered by AAA for 20 for both our home and cars. My husband passed away in February so I sold his car. I called AAA to take his car off the policy. I told the agent on the phone that he passed but she did not remove him from the policy. So I made a trip to the local office and removed him from our policy altogether. Last week I received my annual renewal for homeowners and they increased my coverage limits by 2.69%, my premium was increased by 45%. It was described as a premium surcharge. I am outraged and will be looking for new home and car insurance tomorrow.

I am going on 4 years of service with Triple AAA. I was very happy with their rates but this year not with their service. I always pay my insurances in full for the year but this year for some reason they only withdrew partial payment. I called and complained about the error where they proceed on deducting the remaining amount. Now I am told that the person who handled my transaction probably posted my remaining balance of 574.30 to someone else's account and I cannot receive Credit on my Home Insurance until the error is found. What a bunch of Crock! My insurance is due for cancellation May 19, 2017, at 12.01 a.m. I went 3 times to their San Antonio Office at 11075 IH-10 west at. I had Bank Statement showing the withdrawals and I was assured that my insurance would not be canceled but I did receive a different message today. It seems to me that Triple AAA is only interested in sales and definitely not service.

Kate ** is the more horrible claims adjuster there has ever been. She had our claim in limbo for months, asked for details, pictures, etc. she had been provided multiple times previously, and was very combative. She is awful and should be fired immediately.

First I would like to say, I have been with AAA for almost 20 yrs and have only filed one claim for hail damage to the roof, 5 yrs ago. I have it on my car and home. April 29, 2017 my basement sewer drains backed up during the last rain storm. I called my agent to file a claim only to find out I no longer have this coverage. Apparently a bunch of provisions to my policy was deleted and I was not told. She said, "They contact you at renewal time to see if you want to keep it." They don't contact me, they bill my mortgage company, it's guaranteed full payment. They have no reason to contact me. I am LIVID!!! I am looking for a new insurance company!!

I switched homeowners insurance provider on February 8th 2017, so I called AAA for them to cancel as of that date... Waited a couple of weeks for the check to come in to find out that the name on the check was wrong... Called them back to make the necessary change, they told me they had to reinstate the policy, wait for 24 hr then cancel it again and issue another check (another couple of weeks delay). 2nd check arrives in the mail for an amount of $26.00 instead of $442.00. Call them again and they told me that the person whom reinstated the policy forgot to cancel it... So we go thru the same steps and 2 weeks later they issue me a check of $46.00 instead of $442.00... Call them back and we go, again, thru the same steps...

A couple of weeks later I receive another check in the amount of $396.00 instead of $442.00... Call them again and this time the mistake was on the date of cancellation, which was Feb. 8th (they calculated it based on Feb. 28th... Who knows why as my first check was issued on Feb. 17th)... At this point the person tells me that she will have to repeat the same steps in order for them to reissue another check (I asked her if I could keep that check and have them mail me the difference... And her answer is NO)... So I decided to seat on the missing $46.00 and I will never use them again and I will let everybody know that they cheat you out of your money in a very condescending way... Good and honest customer service is a thing of the past in this country.

I put out requests to 3 other insurance companies this year to get competitive quotes and everyone was more expensive but one that was marginally less so I am staying with AAA Homeowners Insurance for at least another year.

I have been with AAA for over 20 years, I have made 3 automobile claims and 1 homeowners claim. Up to this point I have been extremely satisfied with the entire claims process. 8 years ago I had a new roof put on after a hail storm. The deductible at that time was 1,000.00 which compared to a new roof at 8500.00 I was more than satisfied. On Monday March 6th 2017 we had strong storms come thru, spawning several tornados in the area. I was more fortunate than many, I only lost one tree and a 10 by 15 foot are of shingles.

I called AAA to file a claim, I was informed at that time the deductible had increased from the 1,000 to 1 percent of the value I have my home insured for. AAA currently has my home insured for 462,000, meaning my deductible is now 4,620.00 dollars over half the cost of a new roof. In the 20 years I have been with AAA I have watched my premiums more than double, which I accepted because of the great care I had received in the past. When I asked about the deductible increase I was told that it would have been in my annual statement back in 2015. I'm extremely disappointed that my agent Mike ** did not even have the courage to call and let me know in person. After this I will be looking for another insurance company that is for sure. What is even more upsetting is the fact I was told that it could take up to 22 business days to get an adjuster out to look at the damage, leaving my home open to the elements. Are you freaking kidding me.

I sold my house July 15 2015, Have had my insurance for years with AAA, my homeowners was paid through my escrow account from Wells Fargo. I have contacted them, had letters sent to AAA, text messages with attachments from the mortgage company proving my insurance was paid up. And AAA, has ruined my credit with a report saying I owe them $632.00. Crazy. Again last month I spent 1.5 hours on the phone to get to the right department in Nebraska, the guy on the phone promised me he would handle this and get it cleared up.

Wells Fargo again sent me all the documentation, this is the third time. And again I forwarded it to AAA. Someone keeps dropping the ball and losing my documents. It clearly states my escrow account payments and that I did not owe. When I sold my house I sent this documentation with a letter from Wells Fargo stating I was paid in full. I can't seem to get anyone to answer the phone, or return my calls. I told them I was going to drive up to Nebraska and take them to lunch to explain if needed to, like people used to handle a problem...

I've been a customer of AAA for over a decade. I have always been happy with their service until now. During the recent California storm, a giant tree fell on our house, fences down, water damage in house, etc. etc. Three weeks later and there is still a giant tree on my house. Even after a second adjuster came out and provided AAA with an estimate to remove the tree - even after we garnered several estimates to have the tree removed by professionals, the best I get is a very rude woman in Oklahoma named Courtney ** that says the estimates seem high to her. (They are her own adjuster's estimates.)

I cannot get a call back from my actual adjuster. I'm just getting the runaround from people in the Catastrophe department who are trying to nickel and dime us. They are extremely rude, unintelligent, and de-humanizing. I've got a hole in my house and water damage right under the hole. They insist that this water damage is caused by "seeping" in the foundation - even though they are looking at pictures of a hole right above the water damage. The best I get in response from Mr. Ty ** is "we're going to have to agree to disagree."

This is an absolute nightmare. I have no idea what happened to the AAA that used to be. We pay for homeowners insurance for a reason, and have been willing to pay AAA a little more than other companies because of the great customer service they have always provided. But that customer service is no more. We are absolutely going to be going with another company as soon as this is wrapped up.

I live in California, and we have had lots of unusual rain since the beginning of the year. I didn't think to call AAA at the time when the leak started on my roof into my house. I would put a trash cam out to catch the leak. I paid a man to go on my roof to find the leak. He put down large pieces of shingles and tar in areas he thought it was nut that didn't work. I was informed to call my homeowners insurance which is AAA. When the claim adjuster was here in two minutes he said he can't see any damage from the rain. I told them I had to have it covered or it would have continue to rain inside. It shows where the damage came inside of the house and left a hole. AAA is not what it says. I am searching for new insurance. The customer service are rude and if it was a manager I spoke with he wasn't any better. The official office is in Texas.

Given the other reviews, I feel I don't have to elaborate: 25 years with AAA, 3 claims in 25 years. Water claim - all good and paid until I found another source of leak and damage (prior to repairs). Although it was all the same damage, adjuster insisted on a second claim. I paid $500 deductible again. Upon renewal, water deductible increased by 1000% to $5000. Cannot get another carrier to take us because of the two claims!!! Trapped by AAA, grrr. Be persistent; after 4 calls and denials, I got Geico who had been good with car. Premium lower for same coverage. Discovered that person at AAA wrote the policy incorrectly and undercovered for A and over for C. Steer clear of AAA. They used to be great. I don't know what happened. I filed a claim with the insurance administration www.insurance.ca.gov.

AAA homeowners insurance disaster experience, Oct 8, 2016, low-quality service, lies, phone dodging, delayed services. Avoid this company, no value, the lowest quality service, liars, punks, etc, feces eating weasels, failure to respond in a timely manner, nonpayment of policy clauses. After natural disaster took so-called adjuster over 30 days to view damage, claims we need to replace all windows before they will pay claim (one was broken). Have given us 2 weeks to rectify damages (without compensation) or they will cancel policy. They are no good, not one of them, phone lines were destroyed. So called claims adjuster (Grace in Oklahoma) said she could not contact us (she was given cell phone number), family was living in hotel room. These people are running a scam, no good. ADIOS pedejo AAA.

Initially when we found water damage, due to an appliance, we were happy to have AAA renters ins. They took care of all of our needs. We did not have to worry about a thing. Then the premium adjustment came in the mail. Going forward there would be a $5k deductible on any water damage for the whole home. Keep in mind that it was previously $500. So their policy is this - If you move into a 20 year home with a 10 year old dishwasher that leaks the risk is low and your deductible is only $500, but if you put in a new Dishwasher after finding water damage the risk is too high to cover so the deductible $5k. I hope you are getting the sarcasm here. The real risk has been replaced yet AAA insists that the deductible is now $5k for the whole home. Ludicrous!!!

I appealed 4 times to try and reach someone with a half a brain who could logically work it out and realize that the real risk of water damage is actually now much less that it was previously to no avail. I canceled my policy and got a quote from Geico. I disclosed the water damage claim in my application and not only was the coverage matched with the $500 deductible but it was also a lower Premium. Do not use AAA homeowners or renters insurance. No one in their underwriting department has a brain that they can use!!!

Auto and home insurance were issued and they cancelled the home insurance after 2 months because I had one small claim for water damage in 15 yrs of owning a home. I had disclosed this at the time of insurance and the agent raised the deductible to 5000 at the time of signing. They cancelled the home and when I tried to cancel the auto they charged a huge short term cancellation fee even though it was their mistake. The insurance agent was not knowledgeable and their customer service agents had no idea of what they are talking about. This is a bad club.

Had a partial loss fire on February 8, 2016, and at first the AAA adjuster appeared to be very competent and willing to get us back on our feet. I realize now that they were leading us down the path to slaughter. Their repair estimate includes a sponge wipe and repainting of most of the walls, then ozone treated. For some unknown reason, AAA considers this a thorough job. I had to hire my own experts who are all saying that the house needs to be gutted and rebuilt. Also, after requiring us to try to clean our personal property, it's coming back looking like hell. Now, AAA is refusing to pay us to replace it. Everything still smells like smoke and our adjuster simply pushes the issue off on the contractors (they're crooks too). Their actions are putting the health of my family at risk. Horrible company and horrible experience. As soon as the lawyers are done, my business is going elsewhere. NEVER USE AAA!!!

I found out while trying to get a proof of insurance card to send the DMV that AAA had decided not to cover me anymore. I don't yet know why. It seems to have happened around the same time I cancelled my renter's insurance with them, due to poor customer service. I guess that since things were bundled they just dumped both. I had assumed they would just charge me the premium difference, but apparently not. Absolutely no communication, and now I learn we've been uninsured six months or so. I'd check online, but their website is so archaic that it wouldn't do any good. A few years ago I got in a wreck and they were fine, but there's no excuse for this kind of reckless and possibly illegal activity.

I had a house fire on September 18th. My adjuster left major things off my scope. I have broken windows from the fire department that are to be "cleaned" not replaced, sheet rock cracked and falling that he wants cleaned and painted, I could go on and on with problems with our scope. It was almost 2 weeks before we got an adjuster to our house and now they won't return my phone calls after messages left. We still are without clothes due to them having to be sent back to be cleaned 3 times and continue to smell like smoke but AAA refuses to give us the go ahead to replace. Meanwhile I have 3 children at home. They have been an absolute nightmare to deal with. We have never had a homeowner's claim until now and today receive notice they are raising our insurance $1300. I would not recommend AAA to anyone.

I just made a claim today, 10/18/2016. I told them that there were two holes in the roof. They asked what kind of roofing I had, explained they would have an inspector come out. The claims agent, Tosha, told me that if it was approved, they would fix the roof and IF WE WANTED, they would cover the interior damage.

I come home, and my husband tells me an inspector called HIM, made an appointment, and immediately told my husband (without even LOOKING at the damage), that they would not cover the roof (exterior) damage and would only maybe fix the interior damage! WHAT??? Why the hell would the claims agent ask me what kind of roofing we had and ask if we would want INTERIOR fixed along with EXTERIOR if they DON'T cover exterior!

I feel and smell a LAWSUIT! My husband is a lawyer and he is GOOD at what he does. I will NOT put up with this. I have read the many disturbing claims from homeowners who thought they could TRUST AAA and I see that there is a HUGE problem here. Hmmm, maybe a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? That would taste GOOD!

Filed a claim for water damage to kitchen - was paid. One for bathroom - denied due to below $750.00 deductible. Adjuster booked payment to the denied claim so our record showed 2 paid claims in the last 6 years. Renewal denied. We complained. Finally it was fixed but now AAA is offering a renewal with a $5000.00 deductible. Paybacks? I get a higher premium for 1 paid claim in a 6 year period, but $5k!!!

Do not use AAA for homeowner's insurance! I had a massive leak under my kitchen sink that caused a lot of damage. The adjuster from AAA said that it was my responsibility. After 17 years without a claim they deny me when I needed them the most. Useless company that tries to get out of paying any claims. Look up all the complaints made to ConsumerAffairs. They also raised my rates right after the claim was made even though there was no coverage. AAA reputation has seriously suffered for good reason.

My mother had water damage to her basement from a sump back up and sewage drain issue. She called AAA and the representative told her to call Service Master to clean up the mess as he would be covered. She proceeded down this path and then 5 days later the claims agent came out to conduct a review, during the review he told her how tired he was having to travel all over the state and that he just wanted to wrap things up quickly, she appeased his request and he left. 10 days later the adjuster Kurt and AAA representative Kris call my 78 year old mother and double team her answering her questions with No No No. My mother was very upset and called me to see if I would help. I called Service Master for their report and it indicated 100% saturation day 1 and the water source being the sump and drain which is covered under the policy.

When I called AAA Kris was unprofessional and rude. He told me he did not receive the report from Service Master and would like to see it. I said how can you take a position without reviewing all the facts so I sent it on to him. He called a few days later and was rude again stating the claim was denied because the sump line broke outside of the home creating the water issue, I stated that was not 100% correct as the sump bucket and drain caused some of the water issues as well. I asked if I could speak to his manager and he said no but gave me his number, and then stated, "You do whatever you want to do. The claim is denied." I could not believe the treatment and quickly realized the treatment my elderly mother received from the AAA team. If you are a senior, stay away from this company. They are not helpful and you are paying insurance premiums for a policy that doesn't protect you. Beware!

I have been a AAA member for many years; I switched my car insurance to them when they began offering it and was very pleased with the smooth transition, so when homeowners insurance was also available I took that as well. I have made no claims on either policy. I was surprised by the letter I received in June that I would have to make an appointment with an inspector who would be contacting me to come and take pictures inside & outside of plumbing, electric, etc. I have made many improvements in the last few years including electrical work, new furnace, new water lines & drains & new roof.

7 weeks after the inspection I received a very curt letter informing me my home "did not meet their criteria" and my policy was being cancelled! There were 4 very minor issues listing "damaged" soffits & siding and a "missing" section of gutter. I feel like they were looking for any excuse to drop me because I have an old (100+ years) house? I am using the 6 months left on my policy to shop around for new car & homeowners insurance from a company that values and respects a good customer who's never missed a payment.

We made a claim on our roof due to wind damage. We lost several shingles and had others that broke. About 30 sq feet of roof the shingles lifted up during storm and seal was broken. Adjuster came out and said only front of house was damaged even though roofer showed me damage on back of roof. When AAA said they would only pay for the front of roof I asked to have someone come back out. This time they admitted that there was damage done to the back of the roof but here's the kicker. They told me a FEW of the shingles had the nails put into hi (about a 1/4 of an inch) and they would not cover it. Then to top it off they raised my insurance $240 a month. I am canceling my policy with AAA and so is my Mother and sister and anyone else that I can convince too. I recommend that, if you're reading this, you do too!!!

Signed up for AAA Homeowners insurance. Later started an in ground pool project with county work permit in place. AAA gave me 2 weeks to "have water in the pool or they would cancel the policy." (Very unrealistic requirement under the circumstances.) As deadline approached - they wanted a picture of water going into the pool. I sent them one. Then at 5 min to close of business, they said they wanted a picture of the pool full (it was filling). The next business day I get a call from my MTG company saying my policy is no longer in effect. TO HELL WITH AAA, I will now cx my AAA car insurance and cx my motor club as well. I have 4 kids, who will NEVER do business with AAA and as I can influence the next gen after that, I will too.

Compare Homeowners Insurance