3.44/5

AAA Homeowners Insurance

AAA sells a wide variety of insurance types, including auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance. AAA doesn't participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you'd like help selecting the best insurance policy for your needs, contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from their partner insurers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

265 AAA Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We swiched to AAA for auto & homeowner's. We were very pleased. Until we got a cancellation notice because they didn't come to take photos. I immediately contacted my agent & she assured me she would take care of things asap. The policy is scheduled to cancel in 4 days & she is yet to follow up with me & the issue is still not cleared up. I am very disappointed to say the least.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Only lived in my home for a few years, my roof passed inspection during the purchase process. Last year rain started pouring into the house, literally. AAA sent an inspector out, they denied the claim. They would pay for the water damage inside the house. Why? How could you have water damage inside if the roof is not leaking? Unbelievable. Very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I've been a member with AAA since 1986. I have had multiple vehicles insured with them, life insurance, and 13 years of homeowners insurance coverage. In all the time we have had insurance with them we never have filed a claim. This year after all the wildfires in California, AAA sends us a letter wanting an inspector to come take new photos inside & out - mandatory so they can renew our policy, I called & told them we had no changes to our property and my husband and I are disabled & that they already took pictures when we bought the house and we didn't want anybody in the house. Elvis the underwriter said it was just structural pictures when I explained it was Still Christmas. We had a lot of boxes out and in our garage & our house was still a mess from the Holidays. Elvis said no problem. It is only for structural pictures.

We felt uncomfortable having them take pictures inside our home. It's invasive but reluctantly agreed since we are 1 month to renewal. Lady came. Took pictures of everything, mentioned how nice the house is then left. 2 weeks later I receive a call from AAA we are being cancelled. The lady said Reason was water heater not strapped, boxes were in the way, etc. She really couldn't give me a solid reason why and no time to fix it just cancelling. If we want she says we can call the phone numbers they send us on the notice of nonrenewal to call, I asked if they are connected to AAA. She said yes so they will give me higher rate insurance calling us high risk! We feel betrayed by AAA. They have become a scam for money only. NEVER GO WITH AAA. They do not value their long time customers & After reading the reviews I am certainly not alone! We are now trying to find an honest insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had shingles on my roof blown away by a wind storm. About a dozen of them. My neighborhood was hit all over and several of us had the same or similar damage. All my neighbors, about 10 I know of, got new roofs paid for by their insurance co. My claim was denied. I don't have matching shingle replacement. AAA doesn't offer that in my policy and even if they did I was told it wouldn't have mattered. Then the following year another wind storm. More shingles missing another 10 or so. Inspector tells me roof is fine...no leaks. Good for at least 2 more years. More neighbors get free roofs. I try again this time with a roofing company inspector with me when the same field adjuster Shane shows up again and with desk adjuster deny my claim. Then 2 months later I get a cancellation notice for my homeowners policy. Hmmm. Really. Ok. You guys and I mean AAA suck.

Needless to say I switched with no problem and my auto and umbrella. But they tried to keep my other policies saying how much I was valued...yeah until I have a claim...that will be denied. Go stick your forced membership fee that has no value you know where. Auto claims treated me like I was the criminal too. Acted as if I was not the person who paid for the policy...basically took word of stranger over mine...for a scratch on a bumper in a church parking lot. Horrible. Lady goes to my church and has a 95 Taurus worth less than the 500 she wants for a new buffed bumper. I tried to not claim it but my hand was forced. Thanks AAA! You guys are the best. That's severe sarcasm in case you missed it. Hopefully this helped you to stay away from these chisters.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Purchased homeowners and auto insurance with AAA. I informed them of previous water damage claim with previous insurance of $1900 that occurred almost two years prior. I was quoted $1209 with a high deductible of $2000 due to the previous claim. The homeowners policy became effective 11/1/18. I was later notified by letter dated 12/10/18, (40 days later) that, "There was a prior water loss occurring on 01/05/2017 which was not counted in the calculation of your premium." My premium was increased by another $507. AAA this is not acceptable. I disclosed the prior claim. AAA, I believe you gave me this lower premium to get me and then came back with a higher premium later. REALLY! Well I'm not going for it, the old bait and switch. This is not how to do business and retain customers. You also tried to charge me a fee for canceling my policy early. I will never refer or recommend anyone I know to AAA. AAA is bad business!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Got a quote from AAA for my homeowner's insurance boxed with my car insurance. Both seemed reasonable. Ahhh... but wait... Then AAA wants to send a "photographer" to take pictures of the house to verify. OH YEAH. So I've owned homes for 17 years and not once has that ever been requested. My home was $187,000 to purchase 2 years ago and built in the 90's. New homes are for sale near mine in a nicer area 50% larger for about $250k to 260K. After this yahoo takes photos, AAA comes back and says my home is a substantial upgrade with an attached garage (which I already told them) and would be $330k to replace!!! 330,000!!! In my area, that would get you a mansion. A new mansion!!

I argued with them telling them they were way WAY WAY OFF on their estimates. They played the blame game and blamed their underwriter which I know was total BS. I told them to look at new builds online and they can get an idea of what my home would cost. They refused. This was a bait and switch and they sent me an additional premium bill for about 40% more than I already paid. What a con they are running! Smart and manipulative and probably not even illegal. It worked out to even higher than I was paying before I switched. Just beware. I'm not the only one who had this problem with them. This is a standard maneuver for AAA when they bundle. Their price for a new build was $300/sq foot on a slab already in place. Ludicrous!!! RUN FROM AAA HOME INSURANCE! RUN LIKE THE WIND!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

This company is easy to deal with, I can pay my bill online or go to the office which is convenient. Great rates that I can pay by the month if I need to. Deductible was fair. The terms of my policy and the monthly and yearly rates were too good to pass up. Affordable for my family's income. They also have great people to work with. Best policy I could find for the price.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was very impressed with the products. In addition to the promotions and the price, the recommendations of family and friends. I like the quality of services, the security and confidence that transmits in addition to the rapidity with which they respond to the moment of presenting some type of inconvenience. Although it would be very helpful we offered you new promotion. But all the features that it offers I like them and they make me happy.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

AAA Homeowners Insurance was the least expensive policy with the coverage we need. The other coverages missed key features or charged much extra for some coverages we need. AAA is easy to contact and the policy papers are easy to read. The agent is available 24/7 for claims and questions. But I would make their online application and smartphone app more user friendly. It is a wonder they are still in business. I would not suggest them to friends, family or co-workers.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Members of my family had been impressed and had a good experience with AAA. It is nice to know that someone you trust has had a positive experience. The rates are low and we can afford them. They are kind and they help us when we have a problem. AAA has knowledgeable people that help me. We had a hard time with our homeowner's insurance they kept saying that we were underinsured but they don't harass us. However, I wish that the inspector knew what they were doing. The insurance company sent three of them to my house and not one of them knew what they were doing.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

AAA has the right type of coverage that serves the purposes for me. It was what worked best financially as well because there is no point in paying for coverage that you don't use. I like the positive experiences with customer services and the right amount of coverage for my needs. I like the insurance representative that handles my issues. The insurance policy is easy to understand how it works. However, it should be easier to reach customer service and get a faster response. Insurance can be frustrating to deal with when you need to file a claim.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

AAA's benefits and coverage of different things are perfect to me and my family in a lot of areas so everyone is protected. That was my goal. My policy features include 250000 accidental and nonaccidental, will cover a lot of situations. Happy with what I got. Hopefully my insurance company holds up to their end of the contract and don't try to come up with hidden clauses and make up or add to the policy other than I signed for.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I've always done business with AAA Homeowners Insurance for years. I chose them for their best reputation and they are consistent. My family had them and it is good to do business with them. They are great with their clients. Doesn't make you feel like a number. I got most attention from them, and all my questions got answered. They care about customers and keeping them happy. They keep prices good and want to retain clients, they have worked close with me. I wouldn't change companies.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

They help you all they can and make sure that you have all you need for your home to cover you. I get all I need and they do it all right. I also get really good rates and if I need to know something they are there for me with all I need to know. However, I wish that the deductible was lower when you need to use this because it's really high. Still, they do the best overall.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

When I bought my townhouse in 1983, a neighbor told me about AAA. They have insurance to cover all of the property inside my house. There is 1,000 deductable. They handle all the arrangements with the bank to withdraw the money and I do not have to worry when they take it out.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

AAA is the company my parents always used and had good things to say about it. So it was just easy to know who I would pick as a company when I needed to. They are always easy to get a hold of and when speaking with the representative they understand what you are going through. They work quickly to solve problems. They are very good at what they do. Settles claims fast.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My friend is agent and out of a group of insurance AAA is the cheapest one to pick from... But they are very cold on a corporate level. Once you go past the local office you get automated voicemails, robotic responses, and automated collection. I will be looking in a few months.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

AAA is better. Have it! A friend of mine have the same insurance and it work! 3 month ago he has a problem with the kitchen and part of his house get on fire and the insurance company cover all that accident. I like AAA's loyalty and responsibility. That is what I looking for! Because I don't know when I am gonna need this! It's more peaceful if you know your house is safe.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I shopped around for best price and service for auto and homeowners with reputable company. I agreed on increased coverage and low premium. After a few months an inspector came to my home and decided to insure my home for 4 times the mortgage amount, twice the value that this home has EVER sold for and canceled my insurance when they decided to raise it and bill me for additional $150. I have expressed my concern at over-insuring my home, canceling my insurance without my approval of this raised coverage to no avail. I am shopping again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been a customer with AAA for many years having home, and auto insurance. I recently purchased a car, and found a cheaper price with another company. So I dropped AAA auto, and kept AAA homeowner's insurance. AAA decided that if I don't give them business for car insurance, they don't want my business for Homeowners insurance. They canceled my homeowner's insurance, and I feel like it was a slap in the face. Well I'm just venting, but this situation has left A bad taste in my mouth with your company. I will never do business with AAA again, and will not recommend to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have never filed a Homeowners insurance claims in 25 Years of being a Homeowner. This past July there was a wind and hail storm event in Louisville KY. AAA adjuster came out and determined there was wind and hail damaged, but said only enough on the front part of the four sided roof. The shingles are discontinued and every roofing contractor states, new shingles will not reasonably match per KY State law, yet AAA will not say they can reasonably match roof and have rejected my request to replace only the front and have a 3rd party Independent inspector come out and verify it does or does not reasonably match, I offered this twice and was will to pay for the inspector myself. I am still fighting this, hiring an Attorney (at my expense again). The point of this review is buyer beware of AAA Homeowners, they are the most difficult people I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

AAA Homeowners Insurance was included as part of my mortgage plan through a third party lender. The company itself is okay and they are fairly easy to get in contact with and act swiftly should there be an issue with the home. The last time I filed a claim, an adjuster was out quickly and on my schedule. I've had a good experience. But the policy appears to be a bit dynamic in the fact that the rules of it tend to change and there is no grandfathering. I filed a claim a few years back in regards to something that was covered previously only to find out that it was no longer covered.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

They gave great prices and no hidden fees and the cost per month should meet my needs. They are easy to talk to and great quotes. Also great customer service and help when you need them. AAA cares about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

AAA has been a trusted insurance carrier for car and home and we bundle them for a little savings. The price is competitive and the coverage is competitive with other companies. I am very happy with AAA insurance for home and car. The office is within walking distance so it is very convenient. The staff has always been friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Trust AAA and bundle home and auto.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My mom had AAA for home and auto. Her homeowner's association recommended we all make sure to get an HO6 plan that would cover special assessments from the association. So we contact the agent and he sold us a policy stating that my mom would be covered if a special assessment from the HOA happened. Well, one major hail storm later and a special assessment happened. However, AAA writes a tiny little footnote that allows them to only pay a small portion of a special assessment if any of the assessment has to go toward paying the master HOA policy deductible - which will be the case for most special assessments. They did some song and dance and said that their policy doesn't have to pay out in this instance. Basically they wrote a special exception into the plan that allows them to 'not have to pay out' for most of the HOA special assessments that would ever happen.

Long story short - everyone else in the complex had insurance coverage that paid the $5,000 assessment - even though it was to go toward the deductible - except my mom. So if you are thinking of purchasing homeowners HO6 policy from them - DON'T. You'll regret it. Good business model for them since they'll never have to pay, bad for you if you use them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I got several quotes and AAA was the best. It is easy to file a claim with through my agent and easy to receive funds for repairs when needed. Once there was a need for the adjuster to return and a new person came right away. I wish it would not increase every year. Every year it goes up about a hundred dollars. One year I got a discount for no claims and the next renewal they raised it right back up even though I had no claims. Other than that, I liked the agent the best of all I talked with. Cheapest and the agent was recommended by my aunt and uncle. Also use the agent for auto insurance.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

AAA Homeowners Insurance was the least expensive of all the other insurance companies. Other companies were much higher and even with a bundle of home and auto, they were much higher. AAA covers my house structure, detached garage and all the belonging inside. It is also easy to use, has a good 800 number to call and speak to a live person.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

AAA came recommended from my independent insurance agent and came with all the coverage I would need to be adequately covered. I like that it is simple and easy to sign up. AAA is reliable and I can rest comfortably that I am adequately covered for anything or any issues that may arise.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

The price is right, coverage is good, and the customer service is great. I never have any problems when I call with a question. I was able to bundle my auto and house for much less than other insurance companies, plus it's even less due to extra vehicles that we own.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Perpetual homeowners policy is the way to go. We have had this for over 20 years and it is the best decision we have made and we have save so much money that I am amazed. I like everything about my policy. The people are nice, it is easy to make changes and updates to my policy whenever I need to, no questions asked, renters added for the kids apartments, etc. Easy to work with the people, quick service. Good documentation and paperwork is not overwhelming. Had a home inspection to ensure I was paying the proper amount without overpaying or underpaying.

AAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is a large, nationwide insurance company that offers various types of insurance. While AAA is best known for its auto insurance policies, it also offers homeowners insurance policies to interested parties.

• Company accessibility: AAA is nationwide and a convenient option for people who live across America. Thus, no matter where a person lives, he or she will have access to a AAA office and representatives who can serve him or her quickly.

• Advanced technology for consumers: This homeowners insurance company has an extremely extensive online presence, making it easy to interact and do business with the company no matter where the homeowner is located. With AAA, customers can get quotes, communicate with customer service representatives, ask questions and more.

• One-stop shop: AAA can be a convenient place for homeowners to get all of their insurance policies, including auto insurance and pet insurance.

• Insurance: AAA is a known for being a car insurer, and their reputation as a homeowners insurance company is much newer.

• Customer service: AAA homeowners insurance is a large, corporate company with many employees, increasing the risk of inconsistent customer service.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners