1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AAA Homeowners Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

166 AAA Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We had a water leak issue in the basement in a row home. The first adjuster was sent out to check the source of the leak. He could find nothing, so said that he would suggest Leak Detection Services to come out and check the source. The water was most probably coming from the neighbor's side and they were not co-operating when the adjuster wanted to check their basement too. After 5 days of getting no response, I called the claims person who is supposedly handling my claim and did not hear anything from him. There was no response to my voice message and a day after this another adjuster called saying the first adjuster lost all the information and was sent to Florida for work.

The second adjuster came along and from the beginning suggested that we go to court and get a judge to write an order stating the non-cooperation of the neighbor is making it hard to get to the source of the problem. So we immediately knew he was not on our side. He said the Leak Detection people couldn't do anything unless the neighbor cooperated. He said he would submit a report within 5 days. Two weeks went by and there was no call or feedback from them. Once again I called and left a message because apparently Jonathan **, the claims person is never available to take calls. So I sent him an email to respond with a feedback. He called later in the day to say there was a system error and the second adjuster could not submit the report and I should hear from CSAA in the next two days. It has been 6 weeks since the claim was opened and nothing has been done.

Now we know that the excuse of the first adjuster's loss of information and photos were all a hoax. They did not want to spend money to send Leak Detection Services. First reason was loss of information and the second reason was system error. We pay premiums for years, decades and this is how they deal with customers. I will never recommend CSAA to anybody again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

They refuse to give us an reasonable estimate of damage on a wind damage claim after 8 months. They can't even get the date of the accident right and use that to claim there wasn't much wind that day.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I had insurance with them for 3 years. I have my regular home and a rental, they uninsured my rental without telling me. In fact, it took a year till I found out that my rental home was not insured. Even though I specifically asked to have both houses insured and they said that both were insured. The lady who I talked to even lied to me and said that I had canceled the insurance for the rental. I asked her to show me proof of when I cancelled, since we have the documents and recordings, she immediately got nervous and told me that they could fix it, no fee right away. My rental was without insurance for a year, luckily, nothing happened but it could have been worse. Their customer service was horrid. I went in person to talk to the manager and they never apologized. They just simply told me to cancel because it would be better. They didn't even try. Not a single apology. Bad customer service, bad insurance.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Lets me say this, I always had Home Insurance/Renters Insurance for over 10 years. I thought AAA was the TOP Insurance Agencies out there, so I decided to get AAA in March 2017. Then the worst hit Me, so I needed to filed a claim. My 1st claim ever!!! AAA gave Me the worst & I mean the WORST customer service. I got yelled and cursed out by one of their claim adjustor. I sent all my proof, pictures & I even got a police report. AAA Insurance Department gave me the runaround, then denied my claim when I did everything correct. Dealing with AAA Renter's/Home Insurance Department gave me a bad experience and I will NEVER recommend ANYONE to get their Home Insurance/Renter's Insurance... That area from ME, get two thumbs down.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We have had AAA Homeowners Insurance for 20+ years and had never filed a claim until January of 2017. During a remodel we rented a "POD" and placed household items in the pod for safekeeping. The POD was broken into and a lot of our items were stolen. We filed police report and a claim with AAA for reimbursement. The claim was processed in a timely manner so that part went well.

However, a month or so ago our insurance was due to renew. Our policy cost went up and when I asked why I was told that this was automatic when a claim is filed and that the cost of our policy would be increased for two years, standard procedure. We feel this is not exactly playing fair. I pay policy premiums for 20 plus years but file one claim and it's an automatic $$ raise in policy premiums? Not happy with that at all. Oh and NEVER rent a pod. After the break in we kept a watchful eye on it and attempted break ins were repeated. At least 3 more padlocks were broken before we got rid of it. Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We've had major storm damage to our home and were treated absolutely horrible. We've been with them for over 30 years and have never had a claim. They have denied most of the storm and wind damage to our home which they have been insuring since it was brand new (over 20 years now). "You people are criminal." Shame on you AAA, you are a disgrace to the American people.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

This is my worst nightmare with AAA adjuster. My house was flooded due to water pipes busted on 6/24/2017. I filed a claim with AAA. 2 months go by, with countless number of emails, receipts, pictures, plus reports to her supervisor, John. LaPorche still doesn't give a **. She's a liar. She can't keep up with her words or promises to clients despite her boss, John, instructed her what to do. Both of us, my husband and I, for food expenses per month (31days) is <$400 and we are living in a Bay Area. What is the point to submit adjuster LaPorche all the receipts but she doesn't care? All we are asking is our food reimbursement $$$, not credits or anything else. I need help. Where or what else should I do to protect my rights? PLEASE Advise!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I recently damaged my tractor while using it on my property. I submitted a claim and it was denied. They told me my claim was denied because it did not meet the NAMED PERILS conditions of my coverage. There are 17 very specific conditions under which they will approve a claim and the damage to my tractor does not fall into one of them. This information was not given to me at the time of purchasing insurance and never mentioned until after they denied it. Out of curiosity I checked with another insurance company and with the exact same language in their contracts they would pay such a claim.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

In May 2017, the water hose to the ice maker detached leaking water all over the kitchen floor. As a result, there was damage to the Bamboo floor in the adjacent dining room, the kitchen cabinets, drop ceiling in the downstairs family room, etc. We have a higher end condominium, which was remodeled five years ago. From the get go CSAA gave us the runaround. First, they accused us of claiming none existent damage. When the noticeable nature of the damages made their argument a moot point they wanted to fix the Bamboo flooring with a 30 square foot "patch" in the middle of the dining room and buffing the rest of the floor to blend in. Our contractor explained to CSAA that Bamboo is an extremely hard wood, which cannot be sanded. The floor also has a baked on factory finish.

That is when the CSAA reviewer recommended the contractor engage ITEL to locate the same floor somewhere in the US and use it to affect the repairs. Unfortunately, ours is a glued down, tongue and groove, flooring system. It is impossible to simply remove and replace a section of floor in the middle of a room. In addition the floor is continuous no breaks no thresholds. Next, the reviewer recommended my contractor rework the floor planks by removing the tongue and groove. Seriously? A person with even the slightest knowledge (forget common sense) would never propose such a ridiculous option. The floor distributor issued an opinion saying the alteration CSAA recommends alters the product from its original design defeating the purpose of the tongue and groove system. It also voids the flooring warranty.

A short while ago I spoke with the adjuster (withholding her name out of respect for our profession). The adjuster confirmed she has received everything she needs from the contractor, the distributor and me. Now the next step is to go back to the mystery reviewer to be sure he agrees with the contractor and the distributor. In addition, the adjuster will not even provide me with a definitive time line for resolution of the claim.

Obviously, CSAA does not plan to honor the promise they made to us. Clearly, they would not care less about our property or us. They will continue with the borderline unfair claims practices. But Newsflash! CSAA I will NOT go away. And for every minute of irritation and frustration you cause me, I will cause you bad publicity, loss of goodwill and future revenues tenfold.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Triple AAA is refusing to pay a water damage claim that has caused mold to accumulate when my roof was leaking in 2013. They will not put the mold remediation on the PAST water claim even though their own engineers said the mold throughout my house was from before the roof was replaced. Triple AAA is saying they dont care what their own engineers reports say, they will not pay for the mold remediation on the 2013 claim, even though I have 4 engineers and 100 pages of testing and proof that I am correct.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have been a member of AAA insurance since I was 17 (nearly 50 years) - roadside assistance, auto insurance, and homeowners insurance - any one to all three at various times. Now I want to quit all contact with them because in the past 15 years, every time I have needed to file any sort of claim, their service has gotten worse and worse. It is clear that they no longer value my membership as they used to. As I read other reviews, it all seems deja vu, and it is clear that their conduct towards me is not much different from how they treat others.

Currently, I am trying to collect from a massive home flood (7 days of a broken refill valve in an upstairs bathroom causing 90,000 gallons to water to cascade down the walls and break apart ceilings). The total $$ damage was about $90,000 (rough estimate), and at least $35,000 in personal property. My policy provides for full replacement, although it doesn't seems that they are paying attention to that detail.

When I came home from a week away (half my home had been destroyed from the flooding), I found out that AAA had terminated my HO insurance nearly three years prior when my ex and I separated. They took it upon themselves to change the policy name to her name and the address to her address. Then because they decided that my home was not being occupied (I had concurrent roadside assist and auto insurance to the same address), they sent her a note that the policy was being terminated. She called them and told me what was happening (I didn't remember any of this until I looked through our old records), and she informed them of their mistake. They were not convinced, so I called to confirm, and never heard anything since then. AAA cancelled the insurance anyway.

It took two months for the state Dept of Banking to adjucate that AAA needed to reinstate me. By that time, I had already contracted for much of the repairs. Never-the-less, they sent people to look at the damage. But, I was told that they would not look at the hundreds of photos which I or other family members took as they loaded two dumpsters with destroyed items. Nor would they examine photos of the furniture as it looked prior to the flood.

Consequently, they were willing to pay me $1500 for an antique double drop-leaf dining room table, but when I showed them two photos of exact duplicate tables being sold for $5000 (a third table was offered for $9000), they decided that I was being uncooperative and they insisted I get an outside Appraiser. Oops, I'm jumping ahead of the story because that happened three years after the flood. Yes, they procrastinated for two years by not answering my questions before they basically quit paying for any further claims.

I spent over one year trying to get them to itemize an $11K supplemental check they sent me when I pointed out that they had not included a number of repairs in their estimate (how could they? When they were not there to see that actual damage when had occurred or the quality of the kitchen cabinets?) For instance, they had estimated about $10K for kitchen cabinet repairs, but it cost me nearly $20K. When they finally sent me a copy of their original estimate with the changed lines highlighted, I pointed out that the changes didn't equal the check amount, they ignored my letter.

When it was clear that I would never get an exact accounting of their check (NJ law requires an easy-to-understand itemization of payments), I submitted the remaining home repair receipts only to learn that they had closed the case for home repairs (even though I had told them there were more receipts pending). I am still trying to get them to pay for the remaining amount. I should point out that they have no qualms about lying to me.

They were only willing to pay $200 to repair my hardwood foyer (they assumed depreciation, because they were unaware that my floor looked great because I had it redone 2 years prior), and all the estimates were $1000. So I insisted they send their own guy out to do the job. Eventually (6 months later), a guy came out who said that not only would I need a new floor, but might need to replace part of the subfloor. I told him to go ahead and get the job done.

When I didn't hear anything for four months, one of the adjusters suggested that I get my own guy to replace the floor, and the adjuster gave the OK to the preliminary estimate. When I contacted AAA two months after the job was completed to find out why they were balking at paying the floor guy, I asked what happened to the guy they sent out. I was told that he had submitted a proposal to me and was waiting for me to decide when floor color to use. When I contacted the guy's company, they told me that they had send a proposal to AAA only and were waiting to hear back from them. I caught the guy in an outright lie! I could tell more anecdotes, but I think you get the general idea.

Before my last receipts for home repairs had been examined, AAA offered me $18K to settle. I turned it down because they neglected to include the home repairs and any other expenses I had which they subsequently decided they weren't going to pay for. I retained an attorney and consulted a number of other attorneys. Basically, I probably don't have a legal case because the statute has passed.

The AAA point guy decided to continue to contact me directly until a few weeks ago when he must have decided that I am stirring up too much dirt by contacting the adjusters also, so he wrote to my attorney (and copied me) that my attorney was to tell me not to contact anyone from AAA directly. HA! I told him that he never bothered to have the AAA attorney contact my attorney, he was the one who decided that it was OK for a lay person (me) to speak to him, and it was obviously OK for him to speak to my attorney.

Over six months ago, AAA offered to continue negotiating with me or to have us both engage the services of professional Appraisers. I told the point guy that I wanted to continue to negotiate (we hadn't negotiated much at all, in fact), but he then ignored that he offered me this option. Every response from him now is calling for my Appraiser. I have offered to accept his prior offer of $18K (which was exactly the amount of money they had planned to pay me when, and if, I replaced all the items I had lost), but despite email evidence, he is denying he made this offer.

I have no plans to replace ALL the items which were destroyed in the flood. My needs have changed (for instance, I am now single with no children living here), so it would be stupid for me to purchase the full sized dining room furniture I used to have. But, my policy guarantees full replacement value, and they are unwilling to pay me more than the value of the wood planks. I would never ever again do business with AAA. When I was younger, AAA was known for its great customer service and its superior service. Clearly, they no longer wish to live up to their reputation.

Original review: July 17, 2017

DANGER! DO NOT GET INSURANCE WITH AAA!!! They have a continued reputation of denying rightful claims (read the 3000 complaints). When you pay your premiums you anticipate that they will be there for you when you need them to protect you from financial ruin. Not the case! They take your money and do nothing in return but add tremendous hardship to your life. We have had multiple policies with AAA that included 2 life, 2 homes, auto, and a membership for 13 years. I have never had to file a claim before until this year.

In January 2017, our house in Michigan had a pipe burst 12 hours before the closing of a sale. It seemed impossible that this could happen... the one in a million. We were devastated. Within the hour we called AAA and submitted the claim with hope that they would help us repair the water damage allowing us to get it back on the market to sell. The water damage was extensive and ran down all 4 levels of the house. Mitigators came, dried it out, and gutted everything that detected moisture. We were left with a house that required $80,000-$100,000 in renovations.

We immediately felt resistance from AAA with a letter questioning ownership (deed in our name) and occupation (house cleared for new owners 4 days prior) that escalated into them requesting we appear in March for an Examination Under Oath (EUO). It became necessary to hire a Public Adjuster and Lawyer. We cooperated with every request that included providing over 50 pages of supporting documents and appearing at the EUO for over 5 hours of interrogation. They procrastinated any response until we received a denial letter in July. This denial letter came after 3 months of continued procrastination all while our lawyer inquired with them on 6 separate occasions.

6 months of waiting, spending $8,000 in accumulated expenses, for them to formulate a denial that could have been done 5 months prior, with a house that is stuck in purgatory, in a condition that we could not reside in, with mortgage, electric, gas, water/sewer, tax, and insurance payments that we continued to make. We don't have the patience to sue and wait another year or two so we now have to cover the entire bill ourselves to renovate it back to selling condition. Who has an extra $80,000-$100,000 to throw into something like this? Nobody, because you anticipate that you will never be in this situation because you have insurance to protect you.

Don't have false security under AAA. We are done with them and are changing all 5 of our policies. Seems like we are not alone with this in reading over 3000 complaints. Laws need to change to stop protecting the corporations and screwing the paying client. It's fraud. They are raping us and it's legal. Not sure what insurance company to turn to next... maybe they are all the same.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Experience was similar to others on this site. Furthermore, they lied about applicable statutes and rules, invented rules that did not exist or were no longer legal; attempted to illegally toll the claim, and forget if you think that your policy is a contract. Not to them. A member for thirty years, like others on the site, they go out of their way to screw the public over.

Original review: June 5, 2017

My husband and I have been covered by AAA for 20 for both our home and cars. My husband passed away in February so I sold his car. I called AAA to take his car off the policy. I told the agent on the phone that he passed but she did not remove him from the policy. So I made a trip to the local office and removed him from our policy altogether. Last week I received my annual renewal for homeowners and they increased my coverage limits by 2.69%, my premium was increased by 45%. It was described as a premium surcharge. I am outraged and will be looking for new home and car insurance tomorrow.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I am going on 4 years of service with Triple AAA. I was very happy with their rates but this year not with their service. I always pay my insurances in full for the year but this year for some reason they only withdrew partial payment. I called and complained about the error where they proceed on deducting the remaining amount. Now I am told that the person who handled my transaction probably posted my remaining balance of 574.30 to someone else's account and I cannot receive Credit on my Home Insurance until the error is found. What a bunch of Crock! My insurance is due for cancellation May 19, 2017, at 12.01 a.m. I went 3 times to their San Antonio Office at 11075 IH-10 west at. I had Bank Statement showing the withdrawals and I was assured that my insurance would not be canceled but I did receive a different message today. It seems to me that Triple AAA is only interested in sales and definitely not service.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Kate ** is the more horrible claims adjuster there has ever been. She had our claim in limbo for months, asked for details, pictures, etc. she had been provided multiple times previously, and was very combative. She is awful and should be fired immediately.

Original review: May 4, 2017

First I would like to say, I have been with AAA for almost 20 yrs and have only filed one claim for hail damage to the roof, 5 yrs ago. I have it on my car and home. April 29, 2017 my basement sewer drains backed up during the last rain storm. I called my agent to file a claim only to find out I no longer have this coverage. Apparently a bunch of provisions to my policy was deleted and I was not told. She said, "They contact you at renewal time to see if you want to keep it." They don't contact me, they bill my mortgage company, it's guaranteed full payment. They have no reason to contact me. I am LIVID!!! I am looking for a new insurance company!!

Original review: April 24, 2017

I switched homeowners insurance provider on February 8th 2017, so I called AAA for them to cancel as of that date... Waited a couple of weeks for the check to come in to find out that the name on the check was wrong... Called them back to make the necessary change, they told me they had to reinstate the policy, wait for 24 hr then cancel it again and issue another check (another couple of weeks delay). 2nd check arrives in the mail for an amount of $26.00 instead of $442.00. Call them again and they told me that the person whom reinstated the policy forgot to cancel it... So we go thru the same steps and 2 weeks later they issue me a check of $46.00 instead of $442.00... Call them back and we go, again, thru the same steps...

A couple of weeks later I receive another check in the amount of $396.00 instead of $442.00... Call them again and this time the mistake was on the date of cancellation, which was Feb. 8th (they calculated it based on Feb. 28th... Who knows why as my first check was issued on Feb. 17th)... At this point the person tells me that she will have to repeat the same steps in order for them to reissue another check (I asked her if I could keep that check and have them mail me the difference... And her answer is NO)... So I decided to seat on the missing $46.00 and I will never use them again and I will let everybody know that they cheat you out of your money in a very condescending way... Good and honest customer service is a thing of the past in this country.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I put out requests to 3 other insurance companies this year to get competitive quotes and everyone was more expensive but one that was marginally less so I am staying with AAA Homeowners Insurance for at least another year.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have been with AAA for over 20 years, I have made 3 automobile claims and 1 homeowners claim. Up to this point I have been extremely satisfied with the entire claims process. 8 years ago I had a new roof put on after a hail storm. The deductible at that time was 1,000.00 which compared to a new roof at 8500.00 I was more than satisfied. On Monday March 6th 2017 we had strong storms come thru, spawning several tornados in the area. I was more fortunate than many, I only lost one tree and a 10 by 15 foot are of shingles.

I called AAA to file a claim, I was informed at that time the deductible had increased from the 1,000 to 1 percent of the value I have my home insured for. AAA currently has my home insured for 462,000, meaning my deductible is now 4,620.00 dollars over half the cost of a new roof. In the 20 years I have been with AAA I have watched my premiums more than double, which I accepted because of the great care I had received in the past. When I asked about the deductible increase I was told that it would have been in my annual statement back in 2015. I'm extremely disappointed that my agent Mike ** did not even have the courage to call and let me know in person. After this I will be looking for another insurance company that is for sure. What is even more upsetting is the fact I was told that it could take up to 22 business days to get an adjuster out to look at the damage, leaving my home open to the elements. Are you freaking kidding me.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I sold my house July 15 2015, Have had my insurance for years with AAA, my homeowners was paid through my escrow account from Wells Fargo. I have contacted them, had letters sent to AAA, text messages with attachments from the mortgage company proving my insurance was paid up. And AAA, has ruined my credit with a report saying I owe them $632.00. Crazy. Again last month I spent 1.5 hours on the phone to get to the right department in Nebraska, the guy on the phone promised me he would handle this and get it cleared up.

Wells Fargo again sent me all the documentation, this is the third time. And again I forwarded it to AAA. Someone keeps dropping the ball and losing my documents. It clearly states my escrow account payments and that I did not owe. When I sold my house I sent this documentation with a letter from Wells Fargo stating I was paid in full. I can't seem to get anyone to answer the phone, or return my calls. I told them I was going to drive up to Nebraska and take them to lunch to explain if needed to, like people used to handle a problem...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I've been a customer of AAA for over a decade. I have always been happy with their service until now. During the recent California storm, a giant tree fell on our house, fences down, water damage in house, etc. etc. Three weeks later and there is still a giant tree on my house. Even after a second adjuster came out and provided AAA with an estimate to remove the tree - even after we garnered several estimates to have the tree removed by professionals, the best I get is a very rude woman in Oklahoma named Courtney ** that says the estimates seem high to her. (They are her own adjuster's estimates.)

I cannot get a call back from my actual adjuster. I'm just getting the runaround from people in the Catastrophe department who are trying to nickel and dime us. They are extremely rude, unintelligent, and de-humanizing. I've got a hole in my house and water damage right under the hole. They insist that this water damage is caused by "seeping" in the foundation - even though they are looking at pictures of a hole right above the water damage. The best I get in response from Mr. Ty ** is "we're going to have to agree to disagree."

This is an absolute nightmare. I have no idea what happened to the AAA that used to be. We pay for homeowners insurance for a reason, and have been willing to pay AAA a little more than other companies because of the great customer service they have always provided. But that customer service is no more. We are absolutely going to be going with another company as soon as this is wrapped up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I live in California, and we have had lots of unusual rain since the beginning of the year. I didn't think to call AAA at the time when the leak started on my roof into my house. I would put a trash can out to catch the leak. I paid a man to go on my roof to find the leak. He put down large pieces of shingles and tar in areas he thought it was nut that didn't work. I was informed to call my homeowners insurance which is AAA. When the claim adjuster was here in two minutes he said he can't see any damage from the rain. I told them I had to have it covered or it would have continue to rain inside. It shows where the damage came inside of the house and left a hole. AAA is not what it says. I am searching for new insurance. The customer service are rude and if it was a manager I spoke with he wasn't any better. The official office is in Texas.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Given the other reviews, I feel I don't have to elaborate: 25 years with AAA, 3 claims in 25 years. Water claim - all good and paid until I found another source of leak and damage (prior to repairs). Although it was all the same damage, adjuster insisted on a second claim. I paid $500 deductible again. Upon renewal, water deductible increased by 1000% to $5000. Cannot get another carrier to take us because of the two claims!!! Trapped by AAA, grrr. Be persistent; after 4 calls and denials, I got Geico who had been good with car. Premium lower for same coverage. Discovered that person at AAA wrote the policy incorrectly and undercovered for A and over for C. Steer clear of AAA. They used to be great. I don't know what happened. I filed a claim with the insurance administration www.insurance.ca.gov.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

AAA homeowners insurance disaster experience, Oct 8, 2016, low-quality service, lies, phone dodging, delayed services. Avoid this company, no value, the lowest quality service, liars, punks, etc, feces eating weasels, failure to respond in a timely manner, nonpayment of policy clauses. After natural disaster took so-called adjuster over 30 days to view damage, claims we need to replace all windows before they will pay claim (one was broken). Have given us 2 weeks to rectify damages (without compensation) or they will cancel policy. They are no good, not one of them, phone lines were destroyed. So called claims adjuster (Grace in Oklahoma) said she could not contact us (she was given cell phone number), family was living in hotel room. These people are running a scam, no good. ADIOS pedejo AAA.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Initially when we found water damage, due to an appliance, we were happy to have AAA renters ins. They took care of all of our needs. We did not have to worry about a thing. Then the premium adjustment came in the mail. Going forward there would be a $5k deductible on any water damage for the whole home. Keep in mind that it was previously $500. So their policy is this - If you move into a 20 year home with a 10 year old dishwasher that leaks the risk is low and your deductible is only $500, but if you put in a new Dishwasher after finding water damage the risk is too high to cover so the deductible $5k. I hope you are getting the sarcasm here. The real risk has been replaced yet AAA insists that the deductible is now $5k for the whole home. Ludicrous!!!

I appealed 4 times to try and reach someone with a half a brain who could logically work it out and realize that the real risk of water damage is actually now much less that it was previously to no avail. I canceled my policy and got a quote from Geico. I disclosed the water damage claim in my application and not only was the coverage matched with the $500 deductible but it was also a lower Premium. Do not use AAA homeowners or renters insurance. No one in their underwriting department has a brain that they can use!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Auto and home insurance were issued and they cancelled the home insurance after 2 months because I had one small claim for water damage in 15 yrs of owning a home. I had disclosed this at the time of insurance and the agent raised the deductible to 5000 at the time of signing. They cancelled the home and when I tried to cancel the auto they charged a huge short term cancellation fee even though it was their mistake. The insurance agent was not knowledgeable and their customer service agents had no idea of what they are talking about. This is a bad club.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Had a partial loss fire on February 8, 2016, and at first the AAA adjuster appeared to be very competent and willing to get us back on our feet. I realize now that they were leading us down the path to slaughter. Their repair estimate includes a sponge wipe and repainting of most of the walls, then ozone treated. For some unknown reason, AAA considers this a thorough job. I had to hire my own experts who are all saying that the house needs to be gutted and rebuilt. Also, after requiring us to try to clean our personal property, it's coming back looking like hell. Now, AAA is refusing to pay us to replace it. Everything still smells like smoke and our adjuster simply pushes the issue off on the contractors (they're crooks too). Their actions are putting the health of my family at risk. Horrible company and horrible experience. As soon as the lawyers are done, my business is going elsewhere. NEVER USE AAA!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I found out while trying to get a proof of insurance card to send the DMV that AAA had decided not to cover me anymore. I don't yet know why. It seems to have happened around the same time I cancelled my renter's insurance with them, due to poor customer service. I guess that since things were bundled they just dumped both. I had assumed they would just charge me the premium difference, but apparently not. Absolutely no communication, and now I learn we've been uninsured six months or so. I'd check online, but their website is so archaic that it wouldn't do any good. A few years ago I got in a wreck and they were fine, but there's no excuse for this kind of reckless and possibly illegal activity.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I had a house fire on September 18th. My adjuster left major things off my scope. I have broken windows from the fire department that are to be "cleaned" not replaced, sheet rock cracked and falling that he wants cleaned and painted, I could go on and on with problems with our scope. It was almost 2 weeks before we got an adjuster to our house and now they won't return my phone calls after messages left. We still are without clothes due to them having to be sent back to be cleaned 3 times and continue to smell like smoke but AAA refuses to give us the go ahead to replace. Meanwhile I have 3 children at home. They have been an absolute nightmare to deal with. We have never had a homeowner's claim until now and today receive notice they are raising our insurance $1300. I would not recommend AAA to anyone.

AAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is a large, nationwide insurance company that offers various types of insurance. While AAA is best known for its auto insurance policies, it also offers homeowners insurance policies to interested parties.

• Company accessibility: AAA is nationwide and a convenient option for people who live across America. Thus, no matter where a person lives, he or she will have access to a AAA office and representatives who can serve him or her quickly.
    • Advanced technology for consumers: This homeowners insurance company has an extremely extensive online presence, making it easy to interact and do business with the company no matter where the homeowner is located. With AAA, customers can get quotes, communicate with customer service representatives, ask questions and more.
    • One-stop shop: AAA can be a convenient place for homeowners to get all of their insurance policies, including auto insurance and pet insurance.
    • Insurance: AAA is a known for being a car insurer, and their reputation as a homeowners insurance company is much newer.
    • Customer service: AAA homeowners insurance is a large, corporate company with many employees, increasing the risk of inconsistent customer service.
    • Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners