Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

AAA is terminating my policy on the basis of errors in an inspector's report. They have persistently contradicted themselves in correspondence as to the reason(s) why they are terminating my policy. The primary reason they give is that the residence is "non-owner" occupied. I have lived in this house since the day I bought. I have a rental cottage on the property that is occupied, but I am doing renovations on it, so I gave my tenant a room in the primary residence until the renovations are complete.

AAA states that having an occupant in the primary residence who is a tenant constitutes a liability. I suppose if you have a guest come and stay overnight and tree falls on the house and there are injuries and you file a claim, you're going to be disqualified because we've come to point in society where having company overnight is now considered too risky for insurance companies to issue a policy. I mean if their logic is that the tenant is in the house constitutes a liability, don't they then naturally proceed to consider anyone other than the owner a risk if they come to stay? They won't answer that question when it's asked, because they already know that that's exactly what would happen, and if you know before you sign on the dotted line, you likely won't take out a policy with their company.

Every time I've called to try and get the report corrected and amended, I have had to tell the whole story all over again, because you get somebody different every time you call. This company has so consistently failed to understand the actual conditions that exist, and written so much fiction and fairy tale about my property, they've lulled themselves into an inescapable stupor.

The notes on my account are different from agent to agent, in spite of the fact that I have stated myself and the property conditions accurately and consistently and without error or deviation each time I've talked to them. Yet the account notes that get read back to me change the story EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And they have absolutely NO concern whatsoever with either obtaining a paying customer, nor with retaining a paying customer. They sit on their throne and issue and cancel policies at will, and without due consideration of either the facts, nor the needs of the customer. AAA is incompetent, inconsistent, and is now the subject of a consumer complaint with the State Safety and Fire Commissioner's Office because of their absolute lack of proficiency and competence in issuing a simple home owner's insurance policy. In short, stay away from AAA.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We have been with AAA for 35 years. We filed 1 claim for our fence that blew down about 5 years ago. We had a small leak in the roof where the evaporative cooler was installed. We had it removed and put in a claim for the repair which was denied. We had the roof repaired at our cost. A few days ago we got a letter canceling our policy saying we needed a new roof. We have a new roof on the front and on the garage that's only about 5 years old where we have solar panels. The roof on the back was replaced about 15 years ago when the solar panels were installed on the back. I guess loyalty means nothing to them. I'm changing my homeowners and my auto insurance.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We have had roof damage issues pending with AAA since February 2019 which are still not resolved. It is now August 2019! All claims are handled out of Illinois and they have done nothing but detain us and have even sent out a company to do a forensic report as to why our shingles were falling off and roof was bad even though it was clear that storm damage had happened and further damage would occur. All the money they spent on people examining our roof and they said our roof was installed wrong and they refused to pay anything! They even sent a letter stating that they would no longer be responsible for further damages.

The shingles are no longer made in the color that was installed and roofers will not guarantee trying to patch portions! Our roof was newly installed with the house being built 13 years ago and we had no problems up until now! I am now forced to put a new roof on with no financial abilities to do so. I am disabled and under tremendous stress from this situation and am running out of time to get this done before cold weather sets in.

There is too much to mention as to what I have gone through with this company but I do know that I will never pay for AAA insurance again nor will I recommend them. I pay a costly premium to have them and expect them to protect me and my home. I am not out to rip anybody off. All claims should be handled locally to cut down on wasted time and insufficient weather data. I am now forced to get a lawyer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I had homeowners insurance thru AAA for a couple months before they terminated my contract for my roof (only 12 years old). They stated we had shingles curling and missing. Also said I had a high risk breed dog which was disclosed before we even got the insurance. We had 4 different companies come out and inspect our roof and they all told us our roof had no curling or missing shingles and we shouldn’t have to replace our roof for another 10 years. I am not very happy about them canceling my contract and making up lies. They also sent a check back to me with mine and my fiancé name on it even though every payment that was made to them came out of my bank account. So now I have a check I can’t even deposit.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We’ve been with AAA since 2015 and always on automatic payments. We told others about our great rates. We had a house fire five days into the new policy year. They sent renewal papers that we didn’t look closely at because they always took the payment out directly. Their system took us off autopay but we weren’t notified. Now they’ve denied our claim for lapse in coverage. Their numbers are apparently more important than their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: July 30, 2019

Bought homeowners policy, AAA cancelled policy two months later due to fire perimeter around home. No certified letter, just letter in my mailbox informing me of cancellation in 40 days. When purchased, the home was approved for insurability.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Our entire home electricity went out on a Friday night. We called AAA immediately to file a claim and find out what was covered in our policy. Not only were we told that they couldn’t tell us what would be covered, they told us they couldn’t help us until Monday morning when an adjuster was available to come to our home. We spent the entire weekend without power to our home and no help from the insurance company that we’ve paid into for years! They offered no assistance for my family when we actually needed it.

Original review: July 12, 2019

My Mother who has had AAA for over 25 years with only one claim during that time was recently cancelled because her condo association pool that is four floors below her condo was noted by the underwriters as needing maintenance. My Mom does not do the maintenance in the pool, but according to AAA she is responsible for part of it. This is the most unreasonable company I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. Go get insurance from anyone else, you will be happier.

Original review: July 11, 2019

We began shopping around for homeowners insurance when we got our offer accepted for a condo. We narrowed down our choices to three companies, and even though AAA was not the cheapest, we chose them because we haven't had a problem with them in the past. We THOUGHT they had good customer service. Unfortunately, immediately after we agreed to pay for the policy, they stopped communicating with us. Our lender requested a change to be made and it took three email requests, several calls from me, and over a week to get it done. Things never got done on their own - anything that we needed done, we had to follow-up several times.

After a couple of weeks, we decided to continue shopping around. We eventually canceled our policy with AAA and went with a more responsive company. Even the cancellation took about two weeks. I had to call more than three times to confirm it's been canceled and had to request that it be sent by email. If you're looking for good, fast customer service, AAA is not the company for you.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have been with AAA home/auto/umbrella for many years, you would think I would have been considered a valued "family customer" by now. NO! Over a month ago I made my yearly homeowners payment online as I do every May. Push the "pay" button and it's paid. Right? No way! In the next 12 hours they repaid themself 3 times, yes 3 times. OOP's they made a mistake. They returned 2 payments. But then they said "you're overdue" So they took another payment. Yep, thats 4 payment two returns.. One would think this is a joke right ? No it's for real..Then my bank took back the last payment, they still had 3 payments, "NO, You're past due again."

I made at least 50 calls in 30 days to my CC company, bank, AAA and it still has not been resolved. Today we had a 3 way conversation with AAA service dept and they emphatically denied the 4 payments. 'Till the Bank person put in her two cents and the AAA service rep all of a sudden changed his tune and said "NOT MY DEPARTMENT. IT'S BILLING DEPT. ALL WE DO IS PROCESS THE CC CHARGES."

It's a joke. You are not allowed to speak to AAA billing, even the customer service reps on the phone cant talk to them, they're sealed in a soundproof room and the only way to communicate with them is by email. You ask a question, in 60 days you get a reply. Not a answer. A reply. Now a month into this and no closer to a conclusion. AAA is now what it once was for sure, the customer reps actually argue with you, then they say "not my dept" and run and hide. This says something about the "good hands" you think you're in with AAA insurance. They cant even unwind a simple screw up THEY caused and argue the fact and when confronted with the proof, they run away again and say "NOT MY DEPARTMENT". If it happen to me, it could happen to you. If the AAA billing department is hiding you have to ask yourself, if I ever had a claim how well would I be covered.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Company Information