Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

AAA is well known for its auto insurance, but it also sells homeowners insurance. If you're already an AAA member, you can qualify for several discounts on your policy. Bundling your auto insurance from AAA with your homeowners insurance is a great option if you're looking to save.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I am a contractor 30 plus years. Helping a good friend with a claim and tried to talk with adjuster. Long story short is he denied a claim for his inaccurate inspection and told me I had no idea what I was talking about. Called his boss and he was just as arrogant. If ever approached by a John **, you should either get a public adjuster or have him get someone else. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

AAA of Southern California refused to insure my home with the excuse that it is less than 1/2 mile from the Tijuana Estuary. None of other insurance companies ever came up with that excuse. This is quite ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have had homeowners insurance with AAA for many years. We have been at our home for over three years. I paid my policy in full for $1,400 for the year. I had a question about my policy and they came back and said THEY made a mistake and they demanded I pay $3,800 for my policy or they would cancel my policy. They acknowledged that numerous employees must have made this dramatic mistake. They refused to honour our fully paid policy, based upon their own, alleged mistake. They tried to hold me hostage, because I would have no time to replace my policy. In the end, you must trust your insurance company to stand by you when something bad happens. Do not trust AAA. They clearly do not stand by their customers and appear willing to scam them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We only had AAA homeowners insurance for a few months. While we were away, our brand new fish tank from PetSmart sprung a leak. There was damage to the flooring, carpets, and walls. The adjuster came out. He was rude, insensitive, and extremely difficult. For instance, when he asked one question, I said: "I'm not sure". My husband answered, "Yes". The adjuster nastily said, "Which was it. Make up your mind". Another example, he offered to replace one of the damaged carpets but not the padding. We had to hire an independent adjuster and pay a large fee. AAA has made no motion to go against the fish tank manufacturer. TWO YEARS later we finally settled. Our out of pocket expenses were $4,500. We have given up which is what they wanted. Of course, I switched carriers after 3 months of arguing. I don't care how inexpensive AAA insurance is...DO NOT buy it!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have been a member of AAA and have utilized their insurance services for over twenty years. I have always been satisfied with their services. Recently, I purchased a home and insured it with the company. When it came time for renewal a year later, I was first hassled because we're doing a remodel and they wouldn't insure unless we got a letter from the contractor stating it would be completed in thirty days, which I secured and sent to them. Then, they claimed it was considered "mixed construction" (even though they CURRENTLY INSURED THE HOUSE) and now wouldn't be renewing.

They gave me the runaround for a month, making me jump through a bunch of hoops, separating my daughter from our insurance policy to get a "better rate," and wasting a lot of time, only to decide that now, they won't renew the insurance. I'm so angry. This is not the insurance company I know and I will be moving all of my insurance away from this new, inferior company. What a shame.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We have had our home insured through AAA for several years. We have never had to file a claim and never really needed to put the services to the test. An insurance company can only be accurately assessed when a need arises and the homeowner has to file a claim. We believed AAA to be a top rate company and never doubted that if we needed to file a claim, that the claim would receive prompt attention and superior service.

We recently needed to file a claim with AAA for roof damage that occurred as a result of two separate hailstorms in 2017. We discovered the problem in 2018 when a section of the roof leaked into the master bedroom. Two adjustors made an initial visit to our home, but did not ascend to the roof. The adjustors indicated there was frost on the roof and another visit would be scheduled at another time to check out the roof. The adjustors instead conducted an assessment of some sort around the perimeter of the home and took many pictures. I was not aware that this would take place and neither adjustor indicated at the time of the initial visit that a perimeter inspection of my home would be conducted.

A day or two later, we receive a voicemail to call the adjustor and an email indicating our claim had been denied. Apparently, unbeknownst to us the homeowners, an adjustor had been to the home at some point, ascended to the roof to conduct the inspection while we were away! This was upsetting as we wanted to be notified of the inspection to have a certified and qualified roofer act as our advocate and provide us with information concerning the status of the claim and sort out any insurance jargon for later follow up. Upon contacting the adjustor as to the nature of the denial, the adjustor stated there was no damage to the roof and that any damage noted from hail was due to the age of the roof.

Our home was built in 2005 and we have never had any issues. We asked several roofers to assess the roof and each indicated roof damage and provided pictures to show us. I asked the adjustor if any pictures taken could be provided as proof that he was actually on the roof. Our request was denied. We further inquired about the appeal process as we were perplexed the claim was denied. The adjustor indicated that our options were to hire an attorney or schedule an adjustor to come out or file a complaint with the state.

The adjustor further indicated that if we opted to contact the state, our only other recourse beyond that was to hire an attorney. We inquired about the credentials of the adjustor and that of the engineer. The adjustor indicated that he had some training as it relates to roof matters and material and that the structural engineer would conduct some tests the nature of which we did not understand. We opted for the structural engineer who also denied roof damage and supported denial of the claim.

This whole process was troubling as we inquired throughout the community as to storm related damage. Although many roofs in the community have been replaced by other companies due to roof damage, all homeowners within our community insured through AAA who submitted similar claims were also denied. It is perplexing that a perceived reputable company such as AAA is involved in systematically denying legitimate claims for various nefarious reasons. We are highly disappointed, plan to post a review to alert other homeowners and take a look at other insurers reviews to determine a better fit for our homeowner insurance needs.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I recently bought a house and used AAA for homeowners insurance. About a week ago, we received a notice of cancellation. They stated that debris needed to be removed from the yard and that low hanging branches from a tree needed to be trimmed. I called them the following day and asked which branches needed trimming, for which they could not give a definitive answer. I asked what debris they were referring to, and again, they could not give me a definitive answer. They said they would provide me with details and pictures and email me back.

A few days went by without a response. I called my agent several times and did not get a response. I called her manager and did not get a response. I emailed policy management and did not get a response. I finally called policy management (as I did the first time) and again, they were not able to provide the details I needed to become reinstated. Today, I received an email stating that debris needed to be removed from my yard and that low hanging branches from a tree needed to be trimmed. No details, no pictures. We are literally going in circles. We are not opposed to doing the requirements they set forth to become reinstated, but without knowing what exactly needs to be done, it's not a viable option. Additionally, our yard and house are very clean, so we are confused about what debris needs to be removed. Maybe I should apply to AAA. It sounds like I'd fit in.

With a limited timeframe and the inability to get the details of what needs to be done to become reinstated, we will most likely end up dropping AAA for homeowners insurance. I have been a AAA auto member for 17 years, which I plan on cancelling as well. I just can't justify giving this organization any more of my money.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I switched to AAA after being with State Farm for several years. I only switched for price. I have auto and homeowners. State Farm has always been great to work with. What a mistake that was. Within 30 days of switching I received a letter from AAA stating that after inspection it would cost more to rebuild my home than it was insured for therefore they are increasing my insurance and my premium. This is absolutely not true. It was insured for the exact amount that State Farm required and the number they came up with is crazy. I could build 2 of my houses for that price.

I emailed my agent which I won't name just yet. He responded right away and said he didn't understand why they would that and was going to look into it and get back with me. This was 2 weeks ago and I have not been able to get a response from him. He wont return emails or calls. I will be switching back to State Farm and will be happy to let everyone know about the agent that decided to stick it to me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I have been a client of AAA for 20 years. I own a nice home, insure 3 cars with them and have umbrella liability. One claim 15 years ago under $5,000. One day someone comes to my house to look around. We have a basement. The walls are solid concrete block. Guess what? They have now DROPPED ME. No appeal. Stupid form letter sent. All I can say is thank goodness I did not have a fire or a claim. Then they would have probably dropped me after the loss, a classic move by most major insurers. They collect your premium forever, but when you file a claim, then they scrutinize everything, looking for a way to drop you. Then they refund your premiums. It's called rescission, and it is the WORST tactic I am aware of in this already shady industry. All I can folks is buyer beware.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Company Information