2. Homeowners
  3. Homeowners Insurance

3.8/5 (344 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About AAA Homeowners Insurance

AAA is well known for its auto insurance, but it also sells homeowners insurance. If you're already an AAA member, you can qualify for several discounts on your policy. Bundling your auto insurance from AAA with your homeowners insurance is a great option if you're looking to save.

Pros

• Good coverage
  • Several discounts
  • Great pricing

Cons

• Fewer options with certain AAA clubs

Bottom Line

AAA homeowners insurance provides excellent discounts and pricing. Options and coverage vary by club, but the overall coverage is reliable.

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

AAA Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: June 26, 2021

My experience with AAA has been a fairly good one. Combining auto with home insurance gave me a great discount. The first agent that worked with me was very diligent and was able to save me a great deal of money, however the 2nd year around they were no longer working in that department and I received a less than personal degree of service. I don't think the business of insurance has become all that personal anymore.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I'm locked into this company because of my sinkhole coverage but would gladly shop if not. They're o.k. but aren't progressive in trying to save me money and finally this year, five years after the fact, they informed me to replace a 20 year old roof for savings. Increases start at 15 years in Florida. ;(

Original review: June 11, 2021

After 15 years with another large insurance company, I switched to AAA simply because it was less expensive for the same exact coverage. I gave my previous agent a chance to meet AAA’s price, but she couldn’t discount my policy to meet or beat the lower rate.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I called Triple A looking to combine my auto and home insurance policy to save money. The agent quoted me a price and sent an assessor to my home to finalize the quote. The price assessed price to combine my insurance was double the over the phone quote. I decided not to go with them for homeowners insurance and kept my auto insurance. Turns out they decided I owed them two months of coverage and charged me for their service. They sent me to collections a year later and refused to work it out with me. I filed a grievance with the company to report their misconduct. DO NOT USE Triple A for anything. I highly regret making that call and will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I enjoy the travel perks AAA provides me plus insurance for home is a good value. A rider I purchased for additional loss of personal items I own, was easy to make a claim when a loss was experienced. I thought my reimbursement was fair and all took place in a week.

Original review: May 3, 2021

We've bundled our home and auto with AAA for over a decade. After yearly escrow shortages with only a minor increase in our housing value, I realized our insurance increased about 80% over three years with no claims being filed. I called and was told the storms in S. Carolina were the reason. We live in Kentucky. We switched to Erie and saved $2400/year just on the home coverage.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have been a AAA member for over 27 years (one way or another). I received a letter saying they no longer could insure my home because the dangers of my house location. I called and asked what Dangers and they could not answer after several attempts (intimidation)? I later received another letter stating I had to have a video review of my home (invasion of privacy). After the video, was contacted by phone stating they wanted to see permits (harassment).

In that same phone conversation, I told the person that I wanted to see the renewal amount and then we could talk. I received my renewal and AAA gave me a 40% increase on my policy. Bottom line is after the intimidation, invasion of privacy and the harassment, I will not renew my homeowners, auto and Roadside Service with this terrible company... Just check the reviews on AAA's reputations on paying claims (or lack of). They like "Kicking the Can Down the Road" (a claim), but really kick the policy owners to the curb.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I live in FL on a street that has had multi storms over the past five years. Since 2019 six houses have been reroofed on just my street and AAA won't do mine. It is in court now. The neighbors beside me, across the street from me and down the road are reroofed.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

It came as a shock. In 43 years of purchasing homeowner insurance, AAA is the first and only time I’ve been canceled – for any policy. Why? “The condition of the roof on the dwelling presents an increased exposure to weather-related losses and makes the policy ineligible.” I would appreciate if you would let me know what roof condition concerns you, because I would like to address it, for my own sake. The roof was replaced in 2013, professionally installed with top quality shingles and does not leak. The old roofing materials were completely removed. There’s only one layer of shingles (using nails, not staples), along with underlayment materials and extra underlayment for valleys. I provided your agent with proof of the roof’s age and you sent an inspector who photographed my house and could easily see that the house is in great upkeep.

I suspected service would be lacking because after paying the premium, I couldn’t get any answers about the policy from the local AAA agency. They didn’t respond to emails or phone messages. A decent agent would have called me regarding the roof issue and termination. I suppose I’m lucky to be rid of you, before I had a claim.

I certainly don’t want to continue doing business with AAA. I can only imagine what trouble you would give me in the event of a claim. I’ve never had any home claim in the 43 years I’ve lived here. I don’t casually switch insurance companies, and will return to my prior carrier, a little more expensive, but with excellent service, according to friends who have made claims, and very responsive. But, I would appreciate, as a courtesy, if you would share with me your concern about the condition of my roof, as I will surely address any important issue. I want to continue my sterling record of no claims.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

We are victims of both the Tubbs Fire (October 2017) and most recently the Glass Fire (September 2020). We purchased home insurance from AAA after our previous insurer increased our rate from $1700 to $4400 per year. We paid our premiums for approximately 1 year, when the Glass Fire hit. Luckily, our home was not destroyed as many of our neighbor’s homes were. We however, sustained significant damage to our property, to the tune of approximately $450,000. We submitted a claim immediately and an AAA adjuster came out to assess the damage. He admitted this was his first assignment as an adjuster and he was woefully unprepared. We received an $8,000 check as “settlement for our claim”, which we did not cash.

We hired a third party adjuster to deal with AAA on our behalf, which has resulted in no cooperation whatsoever. We were assigned a new adjuster and an assistant, neither of whom will talk to us directly, in direct violation of California Insurance Code 15027 v (3). It’s been over 4 months and AAA has not paid a single dime against this claim, despite several letters requesting interim payments to reimburse us for our “out of pocket” expenses. They continue to delay and obfuscate by requesting receipts from the Tubbs Fire, current vendors performing the work we are paying out of pocket, etc. They refuse to respond to these same vendors when contacted directly for payment. The bottom line is that AAA is a bottom feeder and is not living up to its obligations as a reputable insurer. Do not buy insurance from AAA, no matter how cheap. They are disreputable scammers.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I'm 61 years old and been in the service business for over 35 years. I have dealt with many insurance companies for businesses and homeowners but I have never seen or experienced such unreliable, unprofessional service, as the agents were completely incompetent. They kept changing everything they promised from pricing to requirements. The experience was so bad, that I went out of my way to report it to the Consumer Affairs which I have never done as a 61 year old man.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I wasn't sure about AAA home insurance until now. We had wind and hail damage. 2 Roofers came out and gave us pictures and pointed out where the wind and hail damage was and where some shingles flew off. The AAA adjuster came out really fast and claims there was absolutely no wind and hail damage. Incredible. These people are totally incompetent. I've never seen such a home insurance company like this. Maybe they thought they were looking at a car? Now we have to go through a review/appeal process. I don't know how anyone can give them a good review unless it's all fake. One way to hide your mistakes.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Maria ** Complainant against AAA Automobile Club of Southern California under claim# **. On May 20, 2020 at about 5:45 am trying to get ready for my lung biopsy needle procedure. My sister – Amelia ** was screaming stating water all over the place especially in her bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom. Almost entire first floor rooms were flooded. I went ahead and shut down the main water valve outside the house. I called a plumber and have my brother – James ** assisted him since I was on my way to the Saddleback hospital at that time. While on my way to the hospital I also called AAA Automobile Club of Southern CA and reported the incidence. I spoke with Ms. Jessica ** and provided me claim#**. Ms. Jessica ** stated that someone or an adjuster will be calling me. I mentioned to Ms. Jessica ** to speak with my daughter Elaine ** for now due to my health condition.

When I came back from hospital the plumber along with Procore restoration told me that slab leak was from caused by hot water high pressure. Due to water trying to find the way out it causes water leakage spread out even between the slab and tile caused a tile to crack and others with hallow sound or ready to pop. I cannot really communicate or talked that much to my plumber (Chris) and Procore (Mr. Gerardo **) at that time due to just got out from hospital. They were respectful and understood what I am going through. They all made sure water shut down and advise us to call my insurance to get a temporary shelter.

In spite of my health condition I have been trying to contact my adjuster Mr. Sean ** but most of the time either he is not there or our schedule does not tag along. On May 22, 2020 I talked to him about our situation. Mr. Sean ** mentioned that he is going to send Serv Pro. I said I already committed with ProCore restoration team/ Premier and as an insurer I have the rights to get who I wanted. I told him that I trusted my team and they will be my spoke persons due to my health condition.

I was scheduled to have a lobectomy and trying to recuperate but all of these just got aggravated big time. Instead of me recuperating from my health issues talking with AAA adjuster Mr. Sean ** made it worst physically and mentally especially when I spoke with him on May 22, 2020. Mr. Sean ** kept saying it is time for him to go or go home. I kept telling him that I just got out of the hospital and scheduled for surgery. He is not concerned about what my health conditions. Instead he kept saying it is time for him to go home. Mr. Sean ** customer service was really aggravated my health conditions. I told Mr. Sean ** that the ProCore team are starting the restoration and my family needed a temporary shelter. Mr. Sean ** kept telling that without the plumbing status of work it cannot be done. He kept telling me that he needs to go now or go home then he said, "You can talk to my supervisor."

So, I went ahead and talked to his supervisor Ms. **. She told me that we can go ahead and find somewhere to stay and call back Tuesday May 26, 2020. I told Ms. ** that Mr. Sean ** specifically told me that without the status of work from plumber we cannot do that and I don’t want to jeopardize that. I told Ms. ** as well please be aware that it’s long weekend (due to Memorial Day weekend) hard to get book for hotel at anywhere. I told her that the total persons live in my house are nine (9). It is hard to get a house or hotel. It will cost a lot to get a hotel to accommodate all of us. I also told her my health conditions that I am trying to recuperate but instead Mr. Sean ** aggravated it.

I am very pleased with ProCore restoration (Mr. Gerardo **) and Premier Restoration Services Inc. (Mr. James **) for helping me all the way. My team really do an excellent job. They are professionals and knowledgeable. They are my representative especially Mr. James ** from Premier Restoration. From the reports I have been getting from AAA investigators such as Paley, Soil inspector, and so forth I will say Premier Restoration Services Inc and ProCore restoration are more honest, knowledgeable and experts. They are highly recommendable, I don’t understand why in the beginning Mr. Sean ** change his way of dealing with my claim after I explained I am going to use my own people. I feel like after I told him I am going to use my own people he was mad and I believe the delays I am going through is out of retaliation of not using his contractors. I am sorry I can use his contractors. Even their repair contractor made a mistake with the drywall in the garage. I don’t trust their contractor.

We have been with AAA Automobile Club of Southern California members for so long approximately 30 years. We bought our house on November 6, 2018 and use AAA as home insurance. Now that I am getting these bad experiences from AAA no doubt that 30 years being a member will end. AAA adjuster Mr. Sean ** and his team made us stays in Airbnb from May 29, 2020 up to now. AAA is paying for that temporary shelter and I thank them for that but that’s not cost effective at all.

AAA are doing lots of investigations wasting time instead of resolving the issues and get it done. Proofs been submitted but they wanted their own results and hire their own people that they can manipulate the results. They hired Paley Stone & Tile Forensics also known as Atlas to investigate. Our existing tile was discontinued, which meant insurance should pay to replace the existing floor. Paley Stone & Tile Forensics was hired to lie and provide a report so that AAA would not be liable.

I just don’t know why AAA kept sending their hired experts to investigate my property when all proofs provided. I am not an expert or good at plumbing, maintenance, and so forth but I have common sense that I can see what’s going on. he water leak or flooding was beyond my or our control. I don’t believe AAA is handling my claim with good faith, because they are taking too long. They don’t give me information I have to ask Mr. James ** to get me an update. When he asks them for information they take a long time to answer. Sometimes he has to remind them they are supposed to respond by a certain time, and then finally they respond. For example the Policy. It took over 3 weeks to produce my policy. If it take that long to produce my policy then how can the adjuster make coverage determinations.

I believe this is Mr. Sean ** way of discriminating against me because I did not use his contractor. If they is the way he is bullying me that’s not how you do business. This whole claim is taking too long. I want to get back to normal as soon as possible. I read other complaints online about AAA and now I see those complaints are true, because I am living the same experience.

Maria

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Recently we had to file for damages on our dwelling for roof damage. I was shocked to find that our $2500.00 deductible was actually $7000.00 with AAA's ACV damage program. We did sign up for a full coverage program, but as soon as our roof reached the 10 year mark, (now 12) they automatically added the ACV endorsement to our 12 year old roof. What a shock. The $2500.00 was expected, the additional high cost was not. Taking out a 6500.00 loan on our home is the only option to complete the repairs. Buyer beware. Our complaint with our State Insurance Corp. has yet to receive a response. Either way, this company looks good on the outside, but no so much on the inside.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have been a member of AAA for 38 years. This year I switched my home insurance for my newly renovated home from AAA. The representative asked me dozens of questions about every detail of the house and he directed me remotely to take photos of every room and outside. Subsequently a policy was issued, I paid for a year in advance and I informed the old insurance company to cancel the old policy. A couple of weeks later I received a 30 day cancellation notice from AAA without any specific reason. After several attempts I was able to contact the AAA rep for an explanation.

After that he called me back to ask for all the renovation permits and all the invoices; I provided volumes of documents and the rep told me that he will forward it to the underwriter and that he will call me back. I tried to follow up with him numerous times, leaving messages and sending several emails; as we got closer to the cancellation date, I gave up and I obtained new insurance through Costco within two days without all the hassle and at a lower premium and they gave me free roadside assistance as well! It is unfortunate because AAA used to have great service.

AAA Homeowners Insurance Company Information