21st Century Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was merely attempting to change the start date of my policy from a Saturday to the proceeding Friday. After 52 minutes on the phone, I was told that the representative had never seen this "error" message before and would need a supervisor... to change a start date? She was less than helpful. I asked for a supervisor and thrown back on hold again. Then 10 minutes later, was told I was waiting for one. I finally had to leave a callback number - problem was not solved - and I wasted over an hour for a simple, simple request. With claims they are better - hence the two stars but rest assured I will be changing companies this week.

I was involved in a minor crash. While sitting at stop light, my car was rear-ended. The driver who hit me was insured and never challenged the fact she was at fault. The accident was reported to both our insurance carriers and her company paid for the damages because the other driver was 100% at fault... 21st Century raised my rates ANYWAY by nearly 40%!

When I pointed this out to them, they said it was a clerical error, but when I got my next banking statement, I saw they STILL had not corrected the "clerical error." This is the reason I do not like having them take the money directly from my account; if I had not noticed, they would have overcharged me by 40% FOREVER! IT took MANY, MANY calls to get this taken care of and it was completely ridiculous. Not ONCE did anybody at 21st Century apologize to me for all the hassle they caused.

I had an encounter with a pedestrian who claimed that he was hit in the leg and lost 3 days of work. Initially, at the accident site, he said his daughter might have been hurt and he never said anything about himself being hit. If he was really hit, then he would have complained that I hit him at the accident site. But the fact that he changed his story tells me that he lied. However, the insurance adjuster for 21st Century settled the claim less than a week in favor of the pedestrian because she said that is better than going to court. I was willing to go to court. After that my premium went up. I reduced my coverage to lessen my premium. Now my coverage is just the minimum required by law. However I was told recently that the entire California just had a premium increase so my premium will increase again.

I hit a deer which is clearly not my fault and 21st Century even told me that it was not my fault. But yet they have it listed on their records as being my fault and so nicely cancelled my ** ins! So now when I try to get ins with another co, they either will not insure me or they want 400 a month! 21st Century is a ** ins co.

I got into a car accident on my way home from work due to black ice and ran over a church sign when I slid off the road. So I call after my accident to find out they conveniently canceled my policy the day before. I have no way to prove it was done after my car accident. Now my license is revoked.The church whose sign I hit wants 2500 dollars for the damage to their sign. They want 1,000 down and 300 a month until it's paid off. This is the worst possible insurance to have. If I would have went with State Farm or any other insurance company I wouldn't have to worry about this. This company is unethical and needs to be investigated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

They hound you with too much paperwork after you have completed paying the premium in full! I had something to do each month with them threatening to cancel me for non-payment of policy! I did everything they asked for within the timeframe they requested. They still cancelled me. They wanted more money, in which I disagreed with. And could not get any representative to see my point of why I should not be owing the additional charges. I called before the due date of when these fees were due and I had her on the phone and asked her to hold on one second while I pleaded with her not to hang up. Steer clear of these guys!! Terrible customer service!!! And she hangs up!!!

After years of being a customer and I underline customer they cancelled my policy for a glitch in the system using the automatic payment system. They can not even give you a call or anything about the cancellation. They are stuck in their computer world and can not even call their long-time customer. So I got this notice after the canceled date and I called and they said this can not be reinstated because the credit card number that I changed few months ago of a hack confirmed by Capital One.

So let's review. I was hacked, 21st Century canceled, got notice after the date. I called to get this straightened out. They said can not be reinstated because of the credit card number. No phone call at all or certified letter about credit card number or anything. Also I had called previously a month ago or so to get a better rate and they snubbed me. Now the kicker. I got in touch with another company and got 200 dollars off from what 21st was charging me! And told them what happened and they said they should have called or something especially a long time customer! 21st Century should be arrested for how they treated a long time customer causing me aggravation.

A 23 year old male uber driver hit me in my car IN MY PRIVATE HOME DRIVEWAY while speeding into my driveway to flip a U-turn. Not only was the claims adjuster, Craig **, not helpful, he didn't answer my questions why he ruled against me until our most recent phone call. In fact, he gave me NO useful help other than this at all. I asked him REPEATEDLY for help regarding how I start the appeal process and all he would tell me is that the claim had been referred to another adjuster who would, sometimes, contact me. I made it clear I wanted information on appealing his unjust decision OUTSIDE 21st Century Insurance but he refused to answer and give me any information.

I am now looking for an attorney who will help me through an independent, fair and impartial appeal process since 21st Century's Craig was not only not helpful, he tried to foreclose my getting any REAL independent help. He also neglected to answer my questions about an Insurance Commissioner and Insurance Claims review board, etc, claiming he knew nothing. The only thing he was good at was at being a complete obstacle to the fair resolution of this claim.

After reading a number of reviews of 21st Century (after the accident occurred), I see that my experience is common with that company. In fact, reviews of 21st Century contain many sad stories of unjust claim verdicts followed up with jacking up premiums to as much as twice the previous rate - if this happens I will just go to another insurance company as I hadn't had any insurance claim since 1988 and I am not at fault in this recent one. The ENTIRE accident happened in my private driveway.

Craig was personally rude and shutting down of any information I tried to provide at almost every juncture - certainly well over 90% of it. He was a negative experience no one who is a customer of 21st Century Insurance should ever have to encounter. An adjuster who just makes up his own mind then attempts to force his decision down your throat while providing ZERO useful information, NO information WHICH HE WOULD HAVE in the course of his job, regarding outside 21st Century appeals.

All he did was say another 21st Century claims adjuster he gave me no information about would review my case. This is not fair and not good business practices, and in fact in violation of many consumer protection laws. I WILL fight this case outside the unfair practices of both Craig and by proxy 21st Century. Im certain consumer protection laws were violated with regard to how my case is being mishandled, and I will be getting them addressed from outside their company.

I was hit by a car with this insurance. First, they do not call you, you have to follow-up with them like it is not enough hassle to have been in an accident already which wasn't your fault. Then they take a minimum of a week to do something and then you have to call again!! They also look for ways not to pay, they will inspect your car but after that you don't hear anything from them. Horrible experience. Now you don't only have to drive carefully but make sure you are always avoiding others hitting you otherwise you get in a mess with their insurances. I would never work or do any business with this company.

I was treated to the most unprofessional bombast by a 21st Century claims representative. Basically this fraudulent company tries to settle claims by bullying, intimidation and withholding of information. Their insured bullied my daughter and refused to provide his insurance information. My insurance - Costco Ameriprise always excellent - had to chase him for over a month. He did not report to the DMV, did not attempt to contact his insurance or return our insurance agents call or contact us so.

Yet, Jason ** the Farmers Claims representative blames my daughter. Will not address his insured individual's lack of responsibility and lawfulness. ** also refused to address the legal requirement to file an accident report. Simply repeating and repeating he had two years. But the two years to file a claim has no relationship to the duty to report the accident. So this is a material obfuscation of facts.

If you have this insurance, switch as soon as you can. The lowest possible rating is earned by all posters. As I have the time, I will followed this all the way to court. Somehow I do not believe a judge or arbitrator will find the intentional bombastic obfuscation by agent or the insured, trustworthy. Not one little bit. Res ipsa loquitur by the actions of the insured and 21st Century/Farmers insurance company.

Century21 does not stand by their clients. They are quick to pay out to scammers and then raise your rates. I had a very small accident. I was backing into my driveway and this idiot decides to go into my driveway that am backing into at the same time. Police estimated the cost of damage 20-40.00. They had a lawyer at the site of accident in less than 10 minutes. So they did on purpose (I say insurance scam). Century paid out because it would cost more to go to court than pay out. They said it was my fault and no they were not changing their mind. When I called to complain and immediately raised my premiums by 30%. First of all the accident was not my fault. Second they should have not paid out a scammer. Third raising my rates 30% over such a minor accident by their own standards 774.00 is ridiculous.

I never had an accident in 40 plus years I been driving. Been with them over 5 years. (Hey Century21 what's the use of having insurance if you can't use it) I already found insurance cheaper than what I was paying before it went up. DON'T GET THIS INSURANCE. You will pay for years but when you go to use it they are going to punish you!

I currently have 21st Century Auto Insurance and my renewal was coming up so I started to shop around for a new insurance for two reasons: 1) Every renewal my insurance would go up and they could never explain why that was happening all they could it's was the area I live in even though I haven't had any accidents or tickets in over 10 years. 2) The other reason was I need to add my son and his car that he gets in June. I figured since I have been with them for awhile that maybe I could get a good deal. Nope, big mistake. They wanted to charge me almost $600 a month just to add my 18 year old son and another vehicle. I said no I will go with someone else since my insurance ends in less than 30 days.

I found a better insurance for a lower rate. I then called 21st Century to let them know I will not be renewing my policy with them. She said that fine let me cancel that and my policy will June 5. My last payment was already taken by 21st Century and she comes back to say that I will have a remaining balance of $300 and because my payment was already posted for this month that they would bill me.

I asked why am I being bill an extra $300 and they said because I added a driver and I said I didn't I asked for a quote. Her response was because he lives with me and has a valid driver license that's why he was added. And they are telling there's nothing that they can do change and that I have to pay an extra $300. I think this is most ridiculous crap I have ever heard. He doesn't use my car at all and now on my last month they want to pay this all because I asked for quote. If anyone knows how I get this taken off please let me know. Do not get 21st century insurance. They will not work you at all.

About a month ago I got into a car accident and called my 21st Century Insurance immediately. They sent for a tow truck that would take (2 hours to get to me) so since I was paying out of pocket I cancelled and called a tow truck company that got to me in 45 min. The tow truck driver told me that the insurance had called a tow truck company that was 30 minutes away instead of in the city I was in!

THEN, I got to the auto shop that my insurance "helped" me find and it turned out to NOT be a body shop, so I had to find a shop to take my car while the driver waited. For two weeks my appraiser was not returning my calls after the initial contact. Three weeks in I got a call by another representative that was "still investigating". I ended up finding out the name and number of the appraiser on the opposite end of my accident and gave the information to my new appraiser to move things along. Pretty much I had to do everything. 21st century has been nothing but a waste of money and time.

I am a 56-year-old female with no accidents or tickets. I am currently in Canada for a few months and my truck is located in Nevada on a driveway not being driven. I am keeping insurance on it because I am not sure when I will be back home driving it again. I have traveled the past 3 years and have been paying the same amount to keep it minimally insured. My insurance payment was sent to me and I noticed it went up 120.00 for 6 months and phoned to find out why. I was informed that my information is resubmitted every 6 months in Nevada and my credit affected the increase. I have not used a credit card in 3 years and my debit is used to only pay my insurance. He said I am now a risk because I do not use a credit card. I have been using this insurance company since I was 16 years old. I am cancelling my policy. They are absolutely horrible since they merged with the other company.

Someone bump into me in the parking lot. Even tho we have a police report, 21st Century said they will pay for the girl's claims. They would not fight that, just to go to court. I ask my insurance for please before make a decision talk to the police and they told me no. Their decision would be based on the interview with each person and not with the police report or the police officer. So my claim will go up... GEICO was the other insurance and I heard they are pretty strong. So guess which insurance I am changing to? The insurance is supposed to fight for you and not just accept a claim..

This is a scam company! Will not do business with them ever again and will let all my friends and associates to do the same. They should not be in the business of providing Insurance. Do yourself a favor and go someone else. Their quote may look "pretty", but trust me you will end up paying a lot more as they hide their real fees and charge your account more without even asking your permission. Who does that??? Someone needs to pull their license so they stop ripping-off people. Scammers!!! Stay away from them!

I had a policy with 21st Century since 2010 and recently inquired if they offer additional coverage for someone who started delivering pizzas part time. I was told they do not and no matter what, if I were to get into an accident while working, my policy would not cover me whatsoever. My renewal for the new 6 months went through so I went to the website to print out the new docs and I find that my monthly payment has increased from $116 to $299 due to a new policy...

I called 21st right away and they said that because I let it be known to them that I was delivering pizzas, they had to adjust my policy to a business policy. I asked: first, why it mattered if I wouldn't be covered anyway and second, how can you just increase my policy without knowledge and consent? They were in no way remorseful and offered no apologies. I have cancelled my policy with them and still no apologies or anything, just "that's the way it is". So done with 21st!

I had an incident with a pedestrian who claimed he was injured although I think he is lying. He claimed to my insurance adjuster that I hit him in the leg. But on the accident site he claimed that it was his daughter that he had to take to the doctor to see if she was injured. He never complained about himself and in fact was calmly sipping a shake when I talked to him at the accident site. I apologized to him because I did make a mistake of starting my car although I am almost sure that I did not hit anyone. The daughter was the only one I saw on the ground and when I asked her if she was ok, she said she was. She wasn't even crying. I reported the incident to 21st century claims dept and she quickly resolved the matter (less than a week).

I guess she took the pedestrian's word against mine although if I was lying, I wouldn't have told her that I made a mistake. The pedestrian claimed he went to the doctor and wasn't able to work for 3 days. But there were inconsistencies in his statement. He claimed he was hit but he didn't say that to me at the accident site. He said it was his daughter that needed to be checked by the doctor. Instead he was the one who went to the doctor. Then he claimed he was hit in the leg or hip and that he didn't go to work for 3 days. For him not to be able to work for 3 days, it must have been at least a moderate injury. If that was the case, he should have been limping at the accident site but he wasn't. He was very calm and seemed to know what he was doing.

In fact, he threatened to contact an attorney. He offered to settle with me for $300. So he just wanted to make some money from the incident. But I didn't want to encourage such behavior so I refused. I was unhappy with the adjuster because she didn't seem to care about the inconsistencies and believed the pedestrian instead of me. And she resolved it quickly, I think less than a week. I don't even know if she did some investigation or looked at the doctor's report. She told me that the pedestrian was threatening to go to court. I bet she didn't want 21st century to pay for the expense. And then the company jacked up my insurance premium by $50+ when adjuster told me that they only paid less than $1000 for the claim.

I had been a customer with GEICO for many years and received a quote while shopping around for 21st century which offered better coverage at a lower premium. So I set it up the way I normally do my bills which is Auto payment and all correspondence to be done electronically. I took a trip to Tennessee for a few weeks and lost a credit card while there. That happened to be the one that was connected to auto pay on my account. The only notification I received from 21st was by mail that my policy had been cancelled and that I owed $78 for the time beyond the expiration date they covered me for. I called right away, explained what happened and paid the amount due immediately and offered to provide them a letter from my bank showing my card had been stolen.

I thought that this would simply bring my account current given that it was an honest mistake and that I immediately paid it within two weeks of the policy due date right away upon finding out but it seems that they are not very understanding when things happen beyond our control. I was then informed that I needed to start an entirely new policy and the price quoted was $400 more per 6 months because of the charge denial as the card was inactive while they sent me a new one. They send me updates by SMS right to my phone and have multiple options to reach me yet did not bother to fix this as a courtesy before it became too late. They had only sent a renewal notice by email weeks before the card was stolen but nothing after until the new policy documents arrived for my electronic signature. A simple call to me would have given them a new CC number to use to automatically withdraw from each 6 months but no such luck.

Overall I think they are a good company but things like this just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Auto payments make sure my account was never late yet two weeks cost me $800. I understand that this is my fault for losing the card but I'm just disappointed that they did not give me any notice to fix it before it even became any issue. I also have the 21st Century app on my phone and it did not give me any alert of problem with payment. Just frustrating.

It appears that folks here like 21st Century. 21st Century is a company that seemed nice enough until I had a claim to file. I had to do it online and got a call from a man in a "25 mile radius" named Bob. Bob was right to the point, that personal touch who gives that sort of "we're not going to pay unless you are smarter than me" kinda guff. I told him that I am not comfortable talking with him and asked him not to contact me anymore. He kept on calling and sending letters even when I contacted customer service. At this moment nothing has been done, and my policy has been cancelled. Not more to say. I wish the next guy or gal the best of luck. Get insurance unless you plan on using it.

21st Century is the best auto insurance I've ever had. Lowest premium and excellent customer service. My only claim was for a cracked windshield which I phoned in at 5 PM on a Friday. Had approval for replacement quickly.

For one thing, when calling it takes hours to reach anyone. They always seem to be in a meeting. I was told originally that I would be paying a higher rate because I had an accident on my record and it would drop off and my rate would go down in August. Then when my policy renewed, there was no change. I canceled, went back to American Family with more coverage and less money through them. 21st Century now says I owe them even though I cancelled before the next payment came due. They are part of the Farmer's Insurance Company and are giving Farmers a bad name as well.

I had my first accident in my lifetime of driving that put me at fault because of CA laws even though I didn't actually cause it. My car cost less than 1000 to fix, of which I paid 500 for my deductible. My renewal went up more than double for 6 months. What good is having insurance if you get such high increases for a very minor damage fender bender? I definitely will be shopping elsewhere in the future. I was very happy with them for many years, but no more. I would expect some increase, but over 100% increase is outrageous, especially with no prior accidents. Won't recommend them to anyone again.

21st Century is a auto insurance company that cares about their customer. They're always quick to getting all of your problems solve fast as your eyes can blink. They are always there when you need them the most. You can't lose with 21st Century. I was very impress with their customer service. They very helpful and knowledgeable to answer all of your questions securely and professionally.

I have no problems with this insurance company. We have been able to resolve all our claims quickly and painlessly. Our rates did not jump up significantly after my husband hit a deer. The adjuster came out quickly and the pricing they gave us for our car was fair. I wish there was a way to have our payments split up instead of billed all at once, but that is a minor issue. One time they did lose our check, but we were able to call them and we got the issue resolved. Their website is easy to use and navigate. Overall, I would recommend this insurance to others.

Easy to navigate through site. Find insurance to be expensive. Went up after 6 months for some reason. Roadside towing very helpful. Sometimes they send out emails that don't mean anything and confuse me because I think my insurance is going to be cancelled or something. I like that I had received a $50 visa card for using direct payment from my bank account that was neat.

I liked them but they raised their rates too much. I never had to file a claim and thought I should have been rewarded for safe driving. I needed to save as much as I could on my insurance rates so I had no choice but to find another company that was as good but at a more affordable cost.

I really like 21st century auto insurance. Their website was easy to use, very user friendly, and I was able to chat online with a customer service representative when I had a quick question. After signing up online I was able to print my insurance cards and my policy took effect that same night. Overall I've been very satisfied with their reasonable rates and great customer service.

I love my insurance company. They have always been extremely helpful with me. I had a tree fall on my car a couple of years ago and they were very quick to help me out, although the body shop I picked was stupid and took forever. Every time I have had to go into the office about anything they are very friendly and always wanted to help me quick.

I recommend 21st Century Insurance because of my 40 years of experience with them. They provide the quickest and smoothest in claims submitted. Their rates are very competitive and very possibly the lowest. The payment structure is quite comfortable. As one can see, I am very satisfied with them and that is why I have renewed my policy every year for 40 years.

21st Century Insurance Company Profile