2. Automotive

21st Century Insurance

21st Century Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.62/5

21st Century Insurance sells auto insurance that comes with free roadside assistance. It provides direct policy services only in California, but its coverage is also available in other states through its parent company, Farmers Insurance. 21st Century offers 24/7 claims service and several discounts.

21st Century Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

21st Century Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have been with this insurance company over three years. I pay my monthly premiums automatically. The premiums are drawn one month in advance. Due to the Corona-19 we experienced a lay-off. With that said, Coupled with the fact of being financially responsible, I contacted them and attempted to acquire a more competitive or cost effective rate. l with negative results. Being superior drivers, I eventually acquired A better rate with another insurance company. As such, I provided 21st Century Insurance a two week notice of cancellation. After the initial representative ROSE laughed at my current situation, Mary condoned the behavior and Nonetheless stated I would be penalized and incur an early termination fee. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and Better Business Bureau and reported this situation. I don’t think consumers should be expected to pay any type of penalty because one is being financially responsible.

Respectfully Carlos

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Broke down on the side of the road with my 3 and 7 year old daughters in car. Century 21 told me that their computer system wasn’t updated yet so they couldn’t help me until after Christmas. Told me to go pay for everything and get my money back after they fix their computers. Worst company ever!!! Lazy and heartless.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Not sure how this company stays in business. We’ve naively been with this company for a while. Our home insurance was through them. They kept raising their rates and were getting expensive, and when we went to file a claim on our home for damage from hail, they depreciated our roof with us having to pay 18,000.00 out of pocket. Who has that kind of money? This company will rape you... Beware and run!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Fair price on full coverage. I get good driver discounts. Every little bit helps. I always get thru to someone when I have a question. They are very helpful and answer all questions thoroughly.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I'd been with them for nearly 40 years in California. Had two accidents. One was not my fault (I was good samaritan who stopped to help an accident and was sued as cause. Even though not owner in other car, expired license, expired plates, this co blamed me at 51%.) Had another accident which was deemed my fault 20 yrs later. Redeeming my rental car while my car was repaired, was hassle. Had to go thru their third party agent. This person continued to harass me because mechanic hadn't finished repairs -- in less time than estimate. They were non responsive to MY almost daily follow ups.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

We had gotten a hold of our roadside assistance because I had locked my keys in the car. The person they sent out to us stole $140 (70$ charge 2x) from me because she said I didn’t have an up-to-date insurance card. 21st-century said I should never have been charged and advised us to get ahold of the company that they dispatched. That company blocked her phone calls and lied to 21 century and basically stole money from us. Then 21st-century said they would refund us the money and our claim was going to be sent to the top. Five people told us that in actuality our claim has never been filed and no one is getting ahold of us through 21st-century or returning our emails or calls. Now 21st-century is giving us the runaround as well as lying to our face every time we try to get ahold of a higher up. We were again lied to today 2 weeks later and We’re leaving this company and will do everything we can to make sure people know how horribly it is ran!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I was a 21st Century Customer for about 25 years. 21st cancelled my insurance with inadequate warning of an expired credit card used for automatic payment. The only notification was an email stating that "a new document was available for review". 21st left my daughter stranded in a large city with no roadside assistance. (This is how I found out the insurance was cancelled.) 21st now wants me to jump through hoops to provide information on the problem that is stored on their web site. On top of that, 21st pricing is not as competitive as it used to be. This situation is worthy of a Dilbert cartoon where a company has a "get rid of the pesky customer" policy. It is sad to see a once good company degrade like this. Rather than risk another similar issue, I went with GEICO and saved some money at the same time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I was involved in an accident with a 21st century driver. Along the process we had to wait for adjuster to verify at fault even though I recorded video on my phone to show the whole process from start to finish on this accident. Anyhow 21st accepted liability after 2 weeks. Speaking with rep Dustin ** was disastrous and challenging. He doesn’t communicate back. I would have to contact a supervisor every time we need to get in touch with him. We’ve been working on this darn claim for over a month now and we haven’t even made connection to perform repairs. Horrible customer service. All they want to do is just transfer us to the same guy who doesn’t call back. How can a big company like this stay in business if they don’t communicate. Anyhow if I don’t get results within the week I’ll just sue the other driver and perhaps his insurance will react at that point. Buyer beware. Stay away from this company and pray you don’t get hit by one of their drivers...

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been using them for years. There has not been any problems so far. The pricing seems to be competitive. It is always a simple process to renew my policy and add the new proof of insurance cards to my wallet.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I had very bad experience with 21st Century Insurance. They took 2 months to process the claim and it's really hard for body shop to contact them, they never paid me rental coverage. This is worst insurance.

21st Century Insurance Company Information