Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

21st Century Insurance

21st Century Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.62/5

21st Century Insurance sells car insurance that comes with free roadside assistance. At this time, 21st Century isn't a verified InsuraMatch partner. To find a company that meets InsuraMatch's standards and get quotes, call InsuraMatch to get started. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Customers have had access to 21st Century plans for more than half a century and report continued satisfaction with the company as it has grown. Reviewers note fast turn around times for claims, more than fair prices and accident forgiveness.

PROS

• Fast claim fulfillment
  • Accident forgiveness
  • Customers rave about low prices
  • Mobile app and roadside assistance
  • Reviews mention benefits for long-time customers

CONS

• Some customers experienced customer service issues after the company merged with a larger firm
  • Plans not available in all states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

21st Century Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Broke down on the side of the road with my 3 and 7 year old daughters in car. Century 21 told me that their computer system wasn’t updated yet so they couldn’t help me until after Christmas. Told me to go pay for everything and get my money back after they fix their computers. Worst company ever!!! Lazy and heartless.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Not sure how this company stays in business. We’ve naively been with this company for a while. Our home insurance was through them. They kept raising their rates and were getting expensive, and when we went to file a claim on our home for damage from hail, they depreciated our roof with us having to pay 18,000.00 out of pocket. Who has that kind of money? This company will rape you... Beware and run!

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Fair price on full coverage. I get good driver discounts. Every little bit helps. I always get thru to someone when I have a question. They are very helpful and answer all questions thoroughly.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I'd been with them for nearly 40 years in California. Had two accidents. One was not my fault (I was good samaritan who stopped to help an accident and was sued as cause. Even though not owner in other car, expired license, expired plates, this co blamed me at 51%.) Had another accident which was deemed my fault 20 yrs later. Redeeming my rental car while my car was repaired, was hassle. Had to go thru their third party agent. This person continued to harass me because mechanic hadn't finished repairs -- in less time than estimate. They were non responsive to MY almost daily follow ups.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

We had gotten a hold of our roadside assistance because I had locked my keys in the car. The person they sent out to us stole $140 (70$ charge 2x) from me because she said I didn’t have an up-to-date insurance card. 21st-century said I should never have been charged and advised us to get ahold of the company that they dispatched. That company blocked her phone calls and lied to 21 century and basically stole money from us. Then 21st-century said they would refund us the money and our claim was going to be sent to the top. Five people told us that in actuality our claim has never been filed and no one is getting ahold of us through 21st-century or returning our emails or calls. Now 21st-century is giving us the runaround as well as lying to our face every time we try to get ahold of a higher up. We were again lied to today 2 weeks later and We’re leaving this company and will do everything we can to make sure people know how horribly it is ran!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I was a 21st Century Customer for about 25 years. 21st cancelled my insurance with inadequate warning of an expired credit card used for automatic payment. The only notification was an email stating that "a new document was available for review". 21st left my daughter stranded in a large city with no roadside assistance. (This is how I found out the insurance was cancelled.) 21st now wants me to jump through hoops to provide information on the problem that is stored on their web site. On top of that, 21st pricing is not as competitive as it used to be. This situation is worthy of a Dilbert cartoon where a company has a "get rid of the pesky customer" policy. It is sad to see a once good company degrade like this. Rather than risk another similar issue, I went with GEICO and saved some money at the same time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I was involved in an accident with a 21st century driver. Along the process we had to wait for adjuster to verify at fault even though I recorded video on my phone to show the whole process from start to finish on this accident. Anyhow 21st accepted liability after 2 weeks. Speaking with rep Dustin ** was disastrous and challenging. He doesn’t communicate back. I would have to contact a supervisor every time we need to get in touch with him. We’ve been working on this darn claim for over a month now and we haven’t even made connection to perform repairs. Horrible customer service. All they want to do is just transfer us to the same guy who doesn’t call back. How can a big company like this stay in business if they don’t communicate. Anyhow if I don’t get results within the week I’ll just sue the other driver and perhaps his insurance will react at that point. Buyer beware. Stay away from this company and pray you don’t get hit by one of their drivers...

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been using them for years. There has not been any problems so far. The pricing seems to be competitive. It is always a simple process to renew my policy and add the new proof of insurance cards to my wallet.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I had very bad experience with 21st Century Insurance. They took 2 months to process the claim and it's really hard for body shop to contact them, they never paid me rental coverage. This is worst insurance.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Here is the thing; I had called 21st Century Insurance just to add another car, now I have been with this company for a few more like 5 years! Never had an accident or issues. Always pay in time. As I was saying all I wanted to do was add a car and I get all this lecture!!! Bottom line is: Agent ROSA EMPLOYEE NUMBER ** said that practically they only exist in the internet or over the phone. There is no office. She just wanted me to take my money somewhere else. Very rude person. Here is the thing for 21st Century Insurance if you don't want to lose more Good customers please train or fired those who don't want to do the job.

Not sure about 21st Century Insurance?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

21st Century Insurance Company Information