Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
21st Century Insurance
1.63/5

21st Century Insurance

21st Century Insurance sells car insurance that comes with free roadside assistance. At this time, 21st Century isn't a verified InsuraMatch partner. To find a company that meets InsuraMatch's standards and get quotes, call InsuraMatch to get started. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

235 21st Century Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had a wreck. Not my fault, I got rear ended. I didn’t even get a call back from 21st Century Insurance till Progressive Insurance came out, check the car out and total my car out. All I wanted 21st Century Insurance was the value of the car. They call back after I cash the check from Progressive Insurance. Their underwriting department sent me a threatening letter. Their customer service sucks. I have been driving for 48 years, they have been my only insurance company. I don’t know what has happened to them.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Horrible customer service!!! I have been a loyal client over 20 years.... Your representatives need new training especially if they are giving out false information and then the answer is always "No no no. Not in California. The system doesn't allow it." A bunch of bologna... Where's the customer care.... My last phone call in March left a sour taste in my mouth and today's call left an even worse taste in my mouth. I'm clearly just another ticket #.... I have now been forced to take my money to another company that cares about their partnership because this Farmers insurance take over from 21st most definitely does not!!!! Dissatisfied loyal client.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had auto insurance with this company for 20 years, no late payments ever and no accident claims. On my last renewal somehow the automatic credit card payment was declined and they just canceled my policy. Their system had a technical error as later on the phone I learned that somehow their system was saying that my cc had expired when it actually did not and they used charge this card just fine for the last 3 years. There was no notification of failed payment and an opportunity to call them about this and fix it. They just mailed me a letter that my policy was canceled as of like 26 days ago! I was driving with no insurance and not even knew about this. Obviously they have no respect for their long-time customers. I will now shop for another insurance company and I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Nicole ** Horrible supervisor, not willing to help out! She should not be a supervisor with more than enough evidence showing that the other person is liable and my vehicle damaged, then said it's not my fault in the accident and that the other party is not either. So it's nobody's fault, which does not make any sense! These companies just do not want to pay! No matter what, we will see what happens in the court of law! Ending My vehicle policies with them. Don't do business with these scammers!

Original review: April 21, 2019

So I have had 21st Century for the past 25 years. No issues ever because I never had a claim and always paid my bill on time and via automatic payments. So fast forward to two weeks ago and I am issued a new debit card from my bank with a new card number. Since I forgot to update my 21st Century account with the new number I get a notice in the mail that my auto insurance has been canceled. The notice a arrives a week after the cancellation date, no warning, no email, no attempted phone call. Then they have the nerve to charge me $10 to reinstate my account. All this after 25 years of paying my bill and never being even a day late. They've lost my business for good, and that of my adult children too. These companies should pay better attention to keeping their good customers once they have them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

Original review: April 2, 2019

The issue that I have is that I get paid on the 3rd of every month. These MORONS took money out of my checking account on the 31st. On that date I don't have enough to cover the payment. I explain this to these people at 21st Century. These IDIOTS don't seem to understand that every month it's going to be the same issue....no money available till the 3rd....but they didn't want to change the date to the fifth of every month like I had for many years. They change the date to the 31st without any approval from me. They said that they couldn't change it back to the fifth. I ask why since that how it was for many years. They answered that it was not an option??? There something really wrong with these people at 21st Century. They really don't get the words!! COMMON SENSE!!!!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have had this insurance for several years and have contacted this company several times for policy changes, information etc. The only time I was treated with courtesy is when I called roadside assistance one time. The representatives that I had spoken with have all been short and at times rude and unfriendly. Every time my policy renewed the price would go up. I have not had any traffic incidents since I signed up with them. After this last time once again, of rising premiums and unfriendly service I decided to switch to another company and ended up saving 55 dollars a MONTH for the SAME coverage and nicer representatives.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I don't know about the company but I have met with an accident with one of their client, It was his mistake. At the time of claiming The representative whom I have spoke was very rude and cheap. As part of the claim he has to provide me a vehicle while they send my car to Body shop. I asked for same segment car which I was driving. The representative was so arrogant that, he started saying, "I cannot give Mercedes or Toyota Avalon for you." Moreover 2018 Corolla is equal to 2016 Camry. Without knowing facts he was claiming "both have same engines, and what's your problem in that". If he has some budget problem, I can understand that. But he cannot be so rude. As he was talking cheap. I didn't find a point in arguing with him. I will not recommend this Insurance to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I was a customer for close to 20 years and this year, I had to add my newly licensed 17 year old to my policy. I made the policy adjustment on August 14th and at the time, they couldn't provide me with a quote - the representative said the system was not able to update that at the time. I trusted this company from past experience, so I let it go but checked my online policy every other day waiting for the updated information and policy amount. I called back twice in the month of August and was told both times that they were having system issues and I would need to check back at the end of the month. I called back at the beginning of September and was finally able to get my quote. The new charges were EXTREMELY high! I was expecting it to be a lot higher, but this was ridiculous. I called around to other insurance companies and found another provider that saved me $1,400 a year and provided better coverage.

I canceled my policy with 21st Century on Sept. 20th and asked if I owed them any money. The representative said that they couldn't tell now, the policy was in process and they would notify me if I had a balance due or a refund. I tried logging into the policy periodically but I was locked out. I watched for invoices and received nothing. On Nov. 13th I received a collections notification - I was sent to collections without ever receiving a bill. I called 21st again tonight and was told that they sent me 1 invoice and the policy cancellation acknowledgment on Sept. 22nd and 26th - I KNOW I did not receive this. I told the rep. that I found it strange that I have received every policy declaration for the last 20 years and the one time I really needed something, it somehow never made it to the same house I have always lived in. The agent read the notes from previous contact I had and agreed that there were a lot of issues and apologized for that.

She said that she would escalate my account due to the notes she could see regarding all of the issues but that I would need to pay the $432 that was due for the 37 days my kid was insured with them. She said they would escalate this to retract my collections notice if I paid now so I did this to avoid having a collection notice. I let the rep. know that I was very disappointed with their service and that I would be writing a review and sharing my experience with everyone I can, to help them avoid this happening to them. There are many insurance companies to choose from, I recommend you read reviews for the ones you are considering before you go with 21st Century. I looked at reviews before writing this one and if you sign up based on reviews...you won't be choosing them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My mother, who has had 21st Century for as long as I've been alive, was backing out of a parking space and had to wait for a free cars before she could proceed. She was 1/3 out of the space and another lady who had already cleared her car was off to one side and saw a another car backing out. The lady then reversed so she could get the space and in doing so hit my mother's car. She told witnesses she had hit my mother's car and took complete blame for it. We then called the woman's insurance company and filed a claim with a very polite and professional rep. Unfortunately for us the woman had called my mother's insurance claiming it was my mother who hit her.

The rep from 21st called my mother's house and on one occasion my wife answered and the rep was very rude for no reason other than he is a **. My mother called him back, I called him back, and all we got was his voicemail. Finally after days of trying, she talks to him and he has determined my mother was at fault. My mother has a nearly flawless driving record and yet her rep just threw her to the other insurance company and said "ok it's our driver's fault" just like that.

My mother had witnesses who called on her behalf but because the 21st Century rep was too busy being a jerk and unable to do his job, she gets to take the hit on her record and money out of her pocket. The lady states that she had reversed into my mother's car, and yet my mother is to blame? If you want an insurance company that won't stand behind you but will treat you like a piece of trash, go with 21st Century. Wawanesa Insurance seems to back their drivers even when they admit fault.

21st Century Insurance Company Information