2. Automotive

21st Century Insurance

21st Century Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.62/5

21st Century Insurance sells auto insurance that comes with free roadside assistance. It provides direct policy services only in California, but its coverage is also available in other states through its parent company, Farmers Insurance. 21st Century offers 24/7 claims service and several discounts.

21st Century Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

21st Century Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

Original review: June 28, 2019

Here is the thing; I had called 21st Century Insurance just to add another car, now I have been with this company for a few more like 5 years! Never had an accident or issues. Always pay in time. As I was saying all I wanted to do was add a car and I get all this lecture!!! Bottom line is: Agent ROSA EMPLOYEE NUMBER ** said that practically they only exist in the internet or over the phone. There is no office. She just wanted me to take my money somewhere else. Very rude person. Here is the thing for 21st Century Insurance if you don't want to lose more Good customers please train or fired those who don't want to do the job.

Original review: June 19, 2019

As a customer of 21st century insurance I occasionally pay online. They use Western Union to process their payments. It's a $2.50 charge. I've done it before, no big deal... Until it was. About a week ago I paid my bill using their Western Union payment processing. Shortly after processing my payment through Western Union I checked my bank account and found that my payment had been withdrawn twice. I did not submit a payment twice. There was a glitch in their system. I called 21st Century when I noticed the double charge. The customer service rep said she didn't see any charges come through yet and that I should call back the next day.

When I called back the next day they said the only way they could issue a refund was if I called the same day that I made the payment. I explained that I did call the same day but it was too late. Apparently no one can do anything!!! I still think 21st Century could have done something to return my money since they had accepted it twice. My bank told me it had somehow issued two approval codes and that if 21st Century accepted one and kicked back the other it would be returned to my account within 48 hours. But instead, 21st Century accepted both payments.

Don't ever pay with Western Union. Apparently if the charge goes through twice it takes an act of God to get it reversed. 21st Century insists that there is no way for them to refund my money except to issue a check after 10 days. I thought that was ridiculous. It was over $500 that was taken out of my account twice. Waiting 10 days plus mail time for them to return that kind of money was not an option for me. I contacted my bank to contest the charge, explaining that it had been charged twice. It was pretty obvious that this was a mistake. This is when I was informed that since it was a Western Union transaction they have absolutely no way of helping me get my money back.

Beware. If you pay using Western Union and there is any kind of issue, you have little recourse. I had no idea and I will NEVER use them again. The best 21st century could do was waive the 10-day waiting period. It still took more than a week to get my money back. It's ridiculous that nobody warns you about these things. My advice is to think twice before making any kind of payment through Western Union.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had a wreck. Not my fault, I got rear ended. I didn’t even get a call back from 21st Century Insurance till Progressive Insurance came out, check the car out and total my car out. All I wanted 21st Century Insurance was the value of the car. They call back after I cash the check from Progressive Insurance. Their underwriting department sent me a threatening letter. Their customer service sucks. I have been driving for 48 years, they have been my only insurance company. I don’t know what has happened to them.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Horrible customer service!!! I have been a loyal client over 20 years.... Your representatives need new training especially if they are giving out false information and then the answer is always "No no no. Not in California. The system doesn't allow it." A bunch of bologna... Where's the customer care.... My last phone call in March left a sour taste in my mouth and today's call left an even worse taste in my mouth. I'm clearly just another ticket #.... I have now been forced to take my money to another company that cares about their partnership because this Farmers insurance take over from 21st most definitely does not!!!! Dissatisfied loyal client.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had auto insurance with this company for 20 years, no late payments ever and no accident claims. On my last renewal somehow the automatic credit card payment was declined and they just canceled my policy. Their system had a technical error as later on the phone I learned that somehow their system was saying that my cc had expired when it actually did not and they used charge this card just fine for the last 3 years. There was no notification of failed payment and an opportunity to call them about this and fix it. They just mailed me a letter that my policy was canceled as of like 26 days ago! I was driving with no insurance and not even knew about this. Obviously they have no respect for their long-time customers. I will now shop for another insurance company and I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Nicole ** Horrible supervisor, not willing to help out! She should not be a supervisor with more than enough evidence showing that the other person is liable and my vehicle damaged, then said it's not my fault in the accident and that the other party is not either. So it's nobody's fault, which does not make any sense! These companies just do not want to pay! No matter what, we will see what happens in the court of law! Ending My vehicle policies with them. Don't do business with these scammers!

Original review: April 21, 2019

So I have had 21st Century for the past 25 years. No issues ever because I never had a claim and always paid my bill on time and via automatic payments. So fast forward to two weeks ago and I am issued a new debit card from my bank with a new card number. Since I forgot to update my 21st Century account with the new number I get a notice in the mail that my auto insurance has been canceled. The notice a arrives a week after the cancellation date, no warning, no email, no attempted phone call. Then they have the nerve to charge me $10 to reinstate my account. All this after 25 years of paying my bill and never being even a day late. They've lost my business for good, and that of my adult children too. These companies should pay better attention to keeping their good customers once they have them.

Original review: April 2, 2019

The issue that I have is that I get paid on the 3rd of every month. These MORONS took money out of my checking account on the 31st. On that date I don't have enough to cover the payment. I explain this to these people at 21st Century. These IDIOTS don't seem to understand that every month it's going to be the same issue....no money available till the 3rd....but they didn't want to change the date to the fifth of every month like I had for many years. They change the date to the 31st without any approval from me. They said that they couldn't change it back to the fifth. I ask why since that how it was for many years. They answered that it was not an option??? There something really wrong with these people at 21st Century. They really don't get the words!! COMMON SENSE!!!!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have had this insurance for several years and have contacted this company several times for policy changes, information etc. The only time I was treated with courtesy is when I called roadside assistance one time. The representatives that I had spoken with have all been short and at times rude and unfriendly. Every time my policy renewed the price would go up. I have not had any traffic incidents since I signed up with them. After this last time once again, of rising premiums and unfriendly service I decided to switch to another company and ended up saving 55 dollars a MONTH for the SAME coverage and nicer representatives.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I don't know about the company but I have met with an accident with one of their client, It was his mistake. At the time of claiming The representative whom I have spoke was very rude and cheap. As part of the claim he has to provide me a vehicle while they send my car to Body shop. I asked for same segment car which I was driving. The representative was so arrogant that, he started saying, "I cannot give Mercedes or Toyota Avalon for you." Moreover 2018 Corolla is equal to 2016 Camry. Without knowing facts he was claiming "both have same engines, and what's your problem in that". If he has some budget problem, I can understand that. But he cannot be so rude. As he was talking cheap. I didn't find a point in arguing with him. I will not recommend this Insurance to anyone.

21st Century Insurance Company Information