Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
21st Century Insurance
1.61/5

21st Century Insurance

21st Century Insurance sells car insurance that comes with free roadside assistance. At this time, 21st Century isn't a verified InsuraMatch partner. To find a company that meets InsuraMatch's standards and get quotes, call InsuraMatch to get started. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Customers have had access to 21st Century plans for more than half a century and report continued satisfaction with the company as it has grown. Reviewers note fast turn around times for claims, more than fair prices and accident forgiveness.

PROS

• Fast claim fulfillment
  • Accident forgiveness
  • Customers rave about low prices
  • Mobile app and roadside assistance
  • Reviews mention benefits for long-time customers

CONS

• Some customers experienced customer service issues after the company merged with a larger firm
  • Plans not available in all states

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

225 21st Century Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

For one thing, when calling it takes hours to reach anyone. They always seem to be in a meeting. I was told originally that I would be paying a higher rate because I had an accident on my record and it would drop off and my rate would go down in August. Then when my policy renewed, there was no change. I canceled, went back to American Family with more coverage and less money through them. 21st Century now says I owe them even though I cancelled before the next payment came due. They are part of the Farmer's Insurance Company and are giving Farmers a bad name as well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2015

I had my first accident in my lifetime of driving that put me at fault because of CA laws even though I didn't actually cause it. My car cost less than 1000 to fix, of which I paid 500 for my deductible. My renewal went up more than double for 6 months. What good is having insurance if you get such high increases for a very minor damage fender bender? I definitely will be shopping elsewhere in the future. I was very happy with them for many years, but no more. I would expect some increase, but over 100% increase is outrageous, especially with no prior accidents. Won't recommend them to anyone again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

21st Century is a auto insurance company that cares about their customer. They're always quick to getting all of your problems solve fast as your eyes can blink. They are always there when you need them the most. You can't lose with 21st Century. I was very impress with their customer service. They very helpful and knowledgeable to answer all of your questions securely and professionally.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

I have no problems with this insurance company. We have been able to resolve all our claims quickly and painlessly. Our rates did not jump up significantly after my husband hit a deer. The adjuster came out quickly and the pricing they gave us for our car was fair. I wish there was a way to have our payments split up instead of billed all at once, but that is a minor issue. One time they did lose our check, but we were able to call them and we got the issue resolved. Their website is easy to use and navigate. Overall, I would recommend this insurance to others.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

Easy to navigate through site. Find insurance to be expensive. Went up after 6 months for some reason. Roadside towing very helpful. Sometimes they send out emails that don't mean anything and confuse me because I think my insurance is going to be cancelled or something. I like that I had received a $50 visa card for using direct payment from my bank account that was neat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I liked them but they raised their rates too much. I never had to file a claim and thought I should have been rewarded for safe driving. I needed to save as much as I could on my insurance rates so I had no choice but to find another company that was as good but at a more affordable cost.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

I really like 21st century auto insurance. Their website was easy to use, very user friendly, and I was able to chat online with a customer service representative when I had a quick question. After signing up online I was able to print my insurance cards and my policy took effect that same night. Overall I've been very satisfied with their reasonable rates and great customer service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

I love my insurance company. They have always been extremely helpful with me. I had a tree fall on my car a couple of years ago and they were very quick to help me out, although the body shop I picked was stupid and took forever. Every time I have had to go into the office about anything they are very friendly and always wanted to help me quick.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

I recommend 21st Century Insurance because of my 40 years of experience with them. They provide the quickest and smoothest in claims submitted. Their rates are very competitive and very possibly the lowest. The payment structure is quite comfortable. As one can see, I am very satisfied with them and that is why I have renewed my policy every year for 40 years.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

They are reasonable as far as premiums go but not great for service. I have never had a rep that I spoke to that left me feeling reassured. I leave feeling like I am an imposition and not llike I am important to them. I would like to have security to know I am not just another number.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I had a policy with them on a Jeep wrangler that I have as a 3rd vehicle that NEVER gets driven on the road. I had insurance and plates put on after I was told I couldn't park in my driveway without it. So I have decided to sell it because I never use it and when I didn't renew my policy with them they reported me to the DMV for not having insurance and had my driver's license suspended. All because I'm not paying them $1100 a year for a car I don't drive.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

They have been amazing. I totaled my car and they made the process extremely easy and painless. There were four other cars involved and the insurance company took care of it all. There is very little wait time and I can speak to a representative quickly. The representatives are always so nice and sociable. Their roadside assistance is prompt and easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

We lived overseas for many years, upon moving back to the U.S. we bought two new cars. Our Banker recommended Century 21 for our insurance. We got that insurance in April 2012, never had a claim. In December of 2014, one of our credit cards was compromised and replaced, that is the card that our automatic renewal for this policy was charged to. I never changed the payment information on their website. In April of 2015, the policy came for renewal and of course, the payment was rejected. We received our new insurance ID cards on time and I actually thought everything was OK.

Last night I realized that we had not received our new ID cards. Logged on to the account and discovered that they had cancelled our insurance. IN APRIL!!! My fault, to a point, but they never contacted us about the issue, no letter, no call, no email. When I called them to have it reinstated, they refused to quote until I paid a $25 fee. I refused. I then called Farmers who carries our homeowners policy. They had us insured within 30 minutes at a rate less than I had with Century 21. Upshot is that they don't care enough about our business to contact us if there is a problem. So the answer is to take our business elsewhere...

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

Had to file a claim just recently and my auto insurance was there for me right away being very helpful. I am so grateful to 21st Century Insurance for the help they gave to me at the time of my need. Sent me a great claim adjuster who explained all my options!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

When I was in an auto accident a few years ago they were very helpful. They reimbursed me for the rental almost immediately and the car was fixed promptly. Also, when they did the investigation and found out I wasn't at fault, my deductible payment was returned to me promptly upon completion of their investigation.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

21st Century Insurance is a company I'd recommend. Their prices are very reasonable. My last 3 cars have been insured with 21st and I plan on going nowhere else. The customer service is second to none. If I feel I have an issue with them, there is a slow wait time on their toll free number. The question is always answered satisfactorily. I've noticed since I've gotten older, the prices have gone down and that's a blessing for me as a senior. So they do look out for those who keep them in business. People and cars are their greatest assets and if they want to keep our business, they have to stay on top of the game. 21st Century Insurance does that quite well. We plan on getting another vehicle in early 2017 and guess what? 21st Century Insurance all the way.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

I have always had good experience with them and they are always willing to help and get things done fast. I have a flat tire a while back and they had someone out there to help me within a hour. I love this company and would recommend it to anyone that loves to save money and have first-class service.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I have been with 21st Century for 5 years, and customer services was great, nice, going out of their way, but lately they doesn't care about the customer. All they care about how to collect money. I rent a car from Enterprise while my car at the body shop and ending I paid $567.00 from my pocket. The 21st Century paid just 7 days and I have to pay 23 days and when I asked to escalate it to the manager Eric. He was the worst customer services ever. He was keep talking to me about the agreement and ignored the mistake from his staff. For couple of hundred dollar, he didn't hesitate to please me as a customer for long time with 5 cars insured plus my family member too. Advice: when you talk to anyone of 21st Century, take names, times you talk, because that's why I have been punished (I didn't get the name of the person so I don't have any proof).

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I choose 21st Century because a friend recommended them to me. I had called several others and had not made up my mind yet. When I called 21st Century the lady that answered the phone was so polite and very helpful and explained all the different plans so I could understand. She helped me to choose the right plan that would fit my budget because I told her in the beginning that I was on a limited income. I do plan to up my coverage as soon as I pay off a credit card and I would recommend 21st Century to anyone. Thank you for letting me voice my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

I got a quote on the internet comparing various companies with the best prices. I choose them because they have the lowest premiums. At first, I was being billed monthly through the mail, however they offered a further discount if I gave them my credit card number to be on file.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

They stay in contact by mail and email with constant updates. There have been no issues in the 5 years I have dealt with them. I have never had a problem with them or ever filed a claim. You have the ability to go online to view updates and your current auto policy and make some changes online.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

It's been good, only had one small claim. I changed my billing date and had no problems with that. The service has been very good when I have called in. They have helped me understand my auto insurance policy and the different coverage that are available thru Century 21. I would recommend Century 21 to anyone who desires a hassle free auto insurance experience... No problems.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

My husband and I have had 21st Century for many years without having had any tickets or accidents. We have never filed a claim, nor been late with a payment. My complaint is that the cost of our insurance coverage goes up each and every time our policy comes due. We pay every six months, and every time our payment is more than the time before. This is really bothersome.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

They are so rude and unprofessional. I am a few days late on my payment due to some problems I have been having and I called to let them know I would pay them half on Monday and the other half in 2 weeks . I will not be over my 30 days grace period and they harassed me on why I kept explaining myself and they were so rude and would not listen. And they threatened to foreclose on my place when I am not even 30 days late nor was I going to be. They have no respect and are the worst customer service ever including the supervisors. I am so upset. As soon as I can I am refinancing my loan with someone more professional.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I have been with 21st century for 25 years, and customer services was great, nice, going out of their way, but lately they doesn't care about the customer. All they care about how to collect money. I rent a car from Enterprise while my car at the body shop and ending I paid $567.00 from my pocket. The 21st Century paid just 7 days and I have to pay 23 days and when I asked to escalate it to the manager Eric he was the worst customer services ever.

He was keep talking to me about the agreement and ignored the mistake from his staff. For couple of hundred dollar, he didn't hesitate to please me as a customer for long time with 5 cars insured plus my family member too. Advice: when you talk to anyone of 21st century, take names, times you talk, because that's why I have been punished (I didn't get the name of the person so I don't have any proof).

Original review: Sept. 6, 2015

I had a policy with them on a Jeep wrangler that I have as a 3rd vehicle that NEVER gets driven on the road. I had insurance and plates put on after I was told I couldn't park in my driveway without it. So I have decided to sell it cause I never use it and when I didn't renew my policy with them they reported me to the dmv for not having insurance and had my driver's license suspended. All cause I'm not paying them $1100 a year for a car I don't drive.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

I have been with this insurance for a few years and 6 months our premiums go up! We called this last time and all they said was prices went up across the board, meaning for everyone, but never gave us notice or explanation to as why. I just now noticed I only have limited tort when I believed I had full tort. I never signed anything for it to be limited tort. After doing my own search, I now realize bodily injury doesn't cover yourself if you're injured and the accident isn't your fault. I also found out on my own that PA is a no fault state. I didn't understand why my policy showed this first party medical section for 5k. The only reason I found this out is because of a recent bad accident that totaled my car and put me in the hospital and THE ACCIDENT WAS NOT MY FAULT, from what I understand now I'm responsible for all my medical over 5k.

I just cannot believe this! I cry just thinking of it, I have to pay and go in debt and collections and bad credit reviews over something out of my control. Who in their right mind would accept 5k Max for medical? I would have never ever accepted that! Just my ambulance ride will be that! Why did this insurance company not mention any of this to me and explain it so I could make the right and best decision? I still have the package from Feb that has a form in it and says "if you select limited tort please sign and mail back". I didn't want limited tort.

And I knew nothing about PA's no fault and this first party medical thing. Cannot believe I'm going through all this! If only this insurance company would've been honest and had professional representatives that provided accurate and truthful information I wouldn't be here wondering what am I going to do now? Just so unreal. No insurance company should be allowed to misrepresent insurance like they did to me. I'm baffled, hurt, and depressed over all this now and it was out of my control and I wasn't even at fault.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

I insured two vehicles with 21st century for $115/month. I dropped one of the vehicles to save money, and they charged an ADDITIONAL $1000 PER YEAR!!! I absolutely could NOT BELIEVE THESE CRIMINALS!!! They told me that they charged me an ADDITIONAL one thousand dollars per year because I LOST A DISCOUNT. What kind of a discount loss DOUBLES THE PRICE OF YOUR POLICY? And my last question is, how in the world is this company legal? They absolutely need to be investigated and possibly subject to a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

My car was hit from behind by a woman who is covered with 21st Century Ins.. I know this asked that I be fair about my comments but there is no being fair when my car is towed without my consent and nobody seems to know who towed or where my car was towed to. I left to Arizona for a family emergency and asked them not pick my car up because I had valuable items in my car that were gonna be in my not running vehicle for 2 days max. I left message after message and NOBODY HAS RETURNED MY CALLS. I AM FURIOUS!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

My daughter was in an accident that was deemed not her fault. A claim was placed the next day with 21st Century. It took 21st Century six days before they made first contact, another four before they came out to see the car and it has been twenty-one days and I am still trying to finalize their payment to me. Which won't happen for at least another five to seven days after I write this review (I'm hoping). Their auto salvage company tried to steal the car three times claiming I had made a deal and to turn over the title (said to garage personnel). NOT TRUE. 21st Century just didn't want to pay for storage. Not my fault they took so long to work through the process.

21st Century felt it necessary to remind me that I needed to be reasonable and responsible with costs even though a car wasn't rented until ten days after the accident and only held onto for eleven days (due to their mistakes, delays and misadministration). They also made an offer before allowing me to submit proof of improvements completed on the car which would have affected the valuation report. And therefore overall dollar offer made to me. I've had forms to fill out that contradict each other which lead to more waiting and delays in payment. I felt ignored and then pushed (even railroaded) through the process. And it still isn't completed. This is an awful company and one, people should think about doing business with. Calls are returned 48 hours later on the average (more delays).

21st Century Insurance Company Information