Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
21st Century Insurance
1.59/5

21st Century Insurance

21st Century Insurance sells car insurance that comes with free roadside assistance. At this time, 21st Century isn't a verified InsuraMatch partner. To find a company that meets InsuraMatch's standards and get quotes, call InsuraMatch to get started. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

229 21st Century Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2018

I was hit from the side and damage to my right wheel well, bumper and right front door is obvious. The other driver admitted immediately it was his fault. He pulled out from a parked position and hit me as I was passing. After speaking to both companies' adjuster, my adjuster for 21ST CENTURY cannot, and will not make a phone call to the ALLSTATE agent refuting their claim that I was 20% at fault. I sent my adjuster the pictures taken at the scene, still no assistance. She claims because I do not carry "full coverage" on my car, that they can not help. So why do I pay those monthly premiums if they don't advocate (at least a phone call!) for their clients? Not my 1st complaint about this unethical company!

They also refused to advocate for me when I needed a rental when another car of mine was accordioned from the rear. I was stuck with a $1900.00 out of pocket bill because they would not negotiate with the other insurer. They are great at keeping you on track with paying your premiums, but don't ever need their assistance. I will now have to hire a lawyer to get my car fixed 100%. I will be looking for an insurance co that is ethical, and responsible. (Am I dreaming?)

Original review: May 14, 2018

Yes the process to borrow went quickly but if you have something come up that your payment won't be "on or before" the due date be prepared to be intimidated or even threatened by a supervisor. I have had to call twice and both times have me afraid to answer the phone if they call.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I just had the best validation of my decision to leave 21st Century Auto insurance. I'm moving, I needed to add insurance and found a better deal on several policies than what I had with this company. I've been with them for over (way over) 10 years. When logging in to my account, I found no way to cancel online, so elected to use "Live Chat." The initial screen said I was #6 in the queue and would wait an estimated 48 seconds for help. I sat for 50 minutes and watched as I moved up to #1 in the queue. Then I was # 2, then #1. After almost an hour, the screen showed "Request canceled. No agents are available."

After this wait, I made a phone call and was abandoned during a transfer. A call to another number got me to a live agent who told me I could cancel the policy, but there would be a $50 charge. I asked for the fee to be waived based on the hour of wasted time online, but he was unable to do so and justified the failure of the online chat by telling me, "It's Monday. We're busy on Mondays." I suggested if this is a true they should get more help on Mondays and asked for a supervisor. Two levels of supervisors later made it clear that the fee wouldn't be waived. My only apparent option is online reviews and word of mouth.

I was treated rudely at every step and was inconvenienced by incompetence and the fact that I was requesting to cancel. Although, I suspect there's no law, contract, or policy violation, companies like this that lack the integrity to honor customers requests to mitigate time wasted due to incompetent management shouldn't be on anyone's list of businesses to spend your money on. If you're considering 21st Century for any service. Think twice. You've been warned.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been a customer with 21st Century for over 5 yrs. On March 1st I decided to go with a different company because they could give me a better deal. At 53 yrs old I have switched insurance a number of times. To my surprise, upon canceling my policy, they were extremely snotty and told me they were keeping $50 cancellation fee (Never had that happen before. Every other company I have ever been with, automatically refunds your unused portion of your policy). Not them. They said they were only giving me back $29. Well didn't receive anything and after two weeks I called to ask why? Again I was greeted coldly and I was told they were charging me the $50, and my balance means I owe them $29. I am in shock. $50 doesn't sound like much, but I am a widow on a limited income with a special needs child. Every dollar counts.

And on top of this, to be treated so rudely after all the years I was a loyal customer and gave them my money (I have a pristine driving history) what a slap in the face. They are a greedy nasty company and after reading the many much more underhanded things they have pulled on all of these people, I would warn everyone to stay far away from them. There are much better and nicer companies who actually appreciate your business, think of you as a human being and treat you that way. Don't let this company fool you. They are out for your money and don't care about trampling you when you are no longer their money tree.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

My car got rear ended and automatically had multiple problems, including oil leak, electronic, transmission, tires. 21st Century paid for the damage to the bumper and said other damage didn't come from accident. Who is protecting the consumer in this case. There are numerous complaints about 21st Century. They recently stopped offering their auto insurance in my state and transferred the policies to another Farmers company called Bristol West Insurance... a 1.5 star rated insurance company. I wouldn't use either of these companies and have totally lost respect for Farmers and 21st Century.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Century Insurance group?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

They are on the ball with all aspects of my coverage. I have been a long time customer, and have had 2 accidents, not my fault, which the company handled beginning to end. They were very prompt in addressing all of my personal questions and handling the claim. They paid me top dollar on my vehicle, which was a total loss, and even followed up with me once claim was closed, just to see how I was doing and feeling. How cool is that?!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was added to my father's existing policy. He was elderly, I had to double check rates to make sure the price was fair... FAIR?? VERY FAIR! I had one fender bender and there was accident forgiveness and one subsequent accident all without a hitch. Filing a claim was done for me by a relative and had quick, pleasant customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I dropped my car keys down a storm drain. Call for roadside assistance while me and my son sat outside of our vehicle for three hours. Three hours. Yes three hours. Not even exaggerating. I eventually gave up on waiting for them and went home then they said that the service provider showed up and I refused the service because I wasn’t there well of course I wasn’t. It was now midnight and I’m not going to wait any longer. I walked home. I still was charged for the service as if I refused it. Why would any insurance company leave a single mom and their child outside for 3 hours at night time waiting for help? Definitely not an insurance company I will be keeping much longer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This company is always quick to respond and has always been easy to deal with. Their agents always are helpful and knowledgeable and seem to be there for the customer too. Whether it’s to see if they can help ease the cost of the policy, or to help you through an accident. They even lowered my monthly bill considerably when I told them how little I actually drove my car. The agent asked how many miles I had on the car, and calculated that my insurance should be about $300.00 a year less.

I was also involved in a car crash when another vehicle, ran a red light and smashed into us. Everyone was safe thank God, however, my car was totaled. My insurance company had an agent out the next day. He said he could open a claim, and give us an estimate of what they would pay for the totaled car. I was quoted a fair price, and eventually went with my insurance, instead of the at fault driver’s. The other driver's insurance company wanted to start at a very low price and haggle over the final settlement. I eventually called 21st Century back and said I wanted them to handle the case. I received a check in less than a week.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I spoke with them 6/20/17 after thunders storm shorted out my unit. They sent a company named Chesapeake to view damages. The estimate was $5000 for new unit because of damage. 8/23/17 still no A/C. Chesapeake said they could fix it for $500. Ok. No response from Chesapeake or 21st Century. Can't speak to managers or anyone except Joel ** and he is a smart mouth representative! I have correspondence via email stating costs and claim denied because of surged wires.

21st Century Insurance Company Information