2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

RealtyTrac Reviews

Original review: June 6, 2019

It's simply wrote, easy to understand and gets straight to the point. I feel that this article opened my eyes about what I would be getting into buying at an auction and such. Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with an REO.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Attention Dear Agents. DO NOT waste your money and time with RealtyTrac. Very dishonest and unreliable, they promise minimum of x quantity of leads per zip codes each Month and two weeks goes by after owning 6 zip codes, You will receive only one, this exactly what happened to me. Be careful with Bill, he will offer you a huge discount and encourage you to pay for 6 months in advanced. They'd sell the leads in your zip code to someone else and someone else's leads to you, The ones that you've already purchased, it's a ripoff, misleading and waste of time. I'd recommend Zillow, it costs more, but it works and they deliver what they promise and they are very straightforward. Any questions call Mario **.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

This website is totally out of date. All the information on the homes are wrong. Most of the homes are sold by the time they get on this site!!! This is not a place you want to even waste your time looking on realtytrac.com!!! They have rude customer service and refuse to help you at any time!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

This is the worst company I ever worked with in my entire career. A complete scam. I knew they were going to charge me before my 7 day trial was even over. I am EST. They are PST. When I signed up it was in the late morning on the 15th of Aug. I tried to call this business to cancel at 8:00am EST. Message said they are closed. To call back after 7:00 am PST. I was a little busy at 10:00 am EST to call them back but did at 10:28, was on hold for next available to cancel and he picked up at 10:32 am. Said they already tried to charge my card and it did not go through. Told them "good, I knew you were a scam." He said that I had until 10:30 am. I tried at 7:30 am. You were closed. Told him it is 10:37 am EST. "Your time is 7:37 am PST. You still have until 1:30 pm PST before you could charge my card." He was arguing. I told him just to cancel.

This is not a good service and I had one realtor call me and it was on the 5th day and I knew more than her on the property and I gave her the details and then she took two more days to get back to me and she still could not find information on the property I wanted to pay cash for. Scam firm. BEWARE!

Original review: June 30, 2016

This is what I filed with the BBB in California. I signed up with RealtyTrac.com. The website says they have up to date listing of foreclosed and bank owned properties on 6.16.16. All of their listings were incorrect, sold, never owned by a bank, etc. I called to cancel and was told someone would call me back. I left a message and called right back and my account was canceled but they would not prorate it. I could not use one listing on their site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RealtyTrac?

Original review: May 5, 2016

I wish there were a way to rate a company with zero stars. This company is a complete scam. Their primary function is to hook people with a free trial period, and then do everything they can to prevent you from cancelling. Read the other reviews; it happens to everyone that tries to opt out. I sent them numerous messages telling them to cancel my subscription, and they simply refused. I never even used their site once, and they told me that they could see that I had never used their site.

Still they charged me for months after I put in my cancellation request. Even though they admitted that they knew I had never used their product, and that I had requested a cancellation months earlier, they STILL WOULD NOT REFUND ME THE MONEY!! How on Earth does a company expect to stay in business when they treat their customers like dirt??? I spent an hour on the phone telling them to refund the money they stole from me, and in the end I had to involve the FTC and BBB to get my money back. These guys are crooks. Stay FAR, FAR away from the scam artists at RealtyTrac!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I canceled my 7 day free trial on day 4. 4 months later I was billed on my credit card for a 3 month subscription! 4 MONTHS LATER!! I wasn't expecting any charges on credit card so never checked until 3 month later I WAS CHARGED AGAIN! I have to cancel my card to avoid more charges. When I called their 800 number the computer system put me on hold & after 3 min it disconnected and blocked me from calling back. Now when I dial their 800 number it just beeps 3 times and disconnected. I am writing a formal complaint to Attorney General office.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

I, like many below, signed up for the "free" trial membership, cancelled and then, a few months later, realized I had been charged over $150 in fees. Unlike all the other self-respecting companies out there, RealtyTrac does not notify you when you're about to be billed. They don't email at all. They simply bank on you not noticing you're being charged and seriously sneak the payments by you--this is how they make their income. It's so sad and pathetic. Customer service is no help at all, a "not my problem" type attitude. Take my advice and stay away--RealtyTrac is a SCAM if I've ever seen one.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Same as many of the other postings. They continue to bill my cc monthly even with a a confirmation in writing that they will stop. Continue at your own risk!

Original review: July 9, 2015

I looked online to find some foreclosure houses on 6/26/15 with some detailed information so that I could look into purchasing some. I signed up for this site, not knowing that they were charging me $49.95. I saw nowhere the charges??? I clearly would not have paid $49.95 for the little information that I received. When I checked my bank statement today (7/9/15), I saw they deducted $49.95.

I called immediately and told the guy I had no idea they were charging me. He said it says I have 7 days to cancel and I said yes but $49.95 - I don't want this and I saw nowhere the charges. He says "You want to cancel?" like he knew I was another customer tricked into their website. SO BAD! They are ripping off people. The info I received on one house was no help to me at all. I got the same info from our local county building. Absolute rip off!!! Learned my lesson.

RealtyTrac Company Information