Pulte Homes

Pulte Homes Reviews

Find a Best Home Builders partner
1.2(422)

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Pulte Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

• 0%
  • 7%
  • 88%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Reviewed June 25, 2024

Our experience with Pulte Homes has not been good. From electrical plugs not working to seams not finished on ceiling and the worst kitchen cabinets are crooked. Like who put up these cabinets? I have to leave my home so I can workers come in to sand and paint the ceilings, due to drywall being everywhere. I could go on and on. However I would never buy a Pulte Home again, it’s been a nightmare.

Price

Reviewed June 9, 2024

The look and price of these homes is great, and what ultimately drew us to Pulte. We have lived in our home for over 6 years now. We are a little wiser now, and here a few things we experienced. 1) Our foundation was, “approved” by the township and Pulte was going to continue building, however we had NO foundation bleeders. 2) Our second floor ceiling was cracking from day. They fixed it before we closed. It cracked again. We used the 1 year warrant to have it fixed a second time. It cracked very shortly after the second repair. 3) All of the paint in the entire house is flat pain, that cannot be washed and shows every fingerprint and scuff. Even if you, “upgrade” the paint, it only upgrades the color (you will still get low quality flat paint that cannot be washed).

4) Our shower floor was an upgrade to tile which cost us over $3k, and the waterproofing paper system they use ended up failing and rotted out our subfloor. The repair cost us over $5k. 5) We were told by many of the contractors that Pulte puts unrealistic time constraints on the contractors, so they have to hastily finish jobs. True, many builders use the same contractors, but a rushed job will never result in a quality job (quality is not something they are at all concerned with).

6) All of the good soil from the subdivision was sold (our sub was a previous golf course) leaving remaining clay, so hard, we had to dig out yards of clay, rocks, bricks and cement over-pour with pick axes just to plant our landscaping. There was not one living bug, worm, or aunt when we moved in. The only reason we have decent landscaping now is because we removed and replaced all of the horrible clay, rocks and cement ourselves. 7) The trees they planted in the common areas and along the street were stacked in unused lots for weeks/months. Those uncared for trees were still planted. If they struggle or die, it is required to be replaced by the homeowner (at the homeowner’s expense).

In conclusion, please just do your research. If you do decide to build, we recommend being very involved and observant (visit your site regularly and ask lots of questions). We were at our site almost daily, and still had these issues. I heard some of our neighbors claim to have had similar or worse experiences.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Please think twice before purchasing a Pulte home. Really really really poor craftsmanship. I’m going to have to have my own painters come in here and fix All of my windowsills. They look like they’ve been beaten with a hammer I have waviness in my drywall. The outside of my home looks terrible. They tried to caulk it, and I had to rip all of the caulk out. It was a sloppy job. I cry every day over this mess. Buyer beware.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I went under contract with a quick move in house that was scheduled to be completed 15 April. I was not allowed to speak with the builder until after I signed the contract. The day after the contract was signed I was told it was never that date. The date was mid May. The closing date has changed 3 more times and is now 21 June. My project manager was fired and replaced. That following week the new manager went on vacation and left his boss in charge. Everything keeps getting pushed and no one can say why. The new project manager doesn't know why and tells us to call there supervisor who controls it. They never answer emails, text or phone calls. They're a scam! They may have been good in the past, but stay away now!

Installation & SetupCoveragePrice

Reviewed June 4, 2024

So our home was built in 2021 and we moved in July 21 of that year. The second day we were in the house, we had sewage backing up into our first floor bathroom (4 story townhome) that was caused by builders using the toilet down there before the water was turned on. Since then, our front door does not close properly (not the builders problem they say) and you can hear everything outside. For the bottom floor our lvp was placed directly on the concrete slab, resulting in broken bones for two different individuals.

We also had a massive leak from our water heater due to the copper pipe not being installed properly by the plumber they used that ruined basically the carpet/padding, lvp floor and drywall/under the bathroom sink as water pooled across the slab. Remediation took almost a month and I had to make sure they actually used the upgraded padding we ordered under the carpeting rather than them just putting down the cheapest crap they could.

We also had problems with our bathtub in the master moving as it was precariously set on top of a mountain looking pile of concrete and that took multiple attempts to fix. We have multiple crooked walls and don’t even get me started on the paint job that they do (which they don’t cover under warranty by the way so they use the cheapest, crappiest company they can). I could write on and on about this place, but I have fixed some of the stuff that I could so we can stay for a while since the market here is horribly expensive.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & Terms

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Do not purchase from Pulte Homes. They close before the home is substantially complete, they make up provisions that are not in the warranty documents in order to stall and not comply with the contract. This company is clearly not being managed in the right way as their construction and customer service is extremely poor. I own a home in Heron Preserve in Port St. Lucie, Florida. On May 13, 2024, I was admitted to the hospital. I requested to delay the closing for a few days until the following week. Pulte advised me that if I delayed the closing, I would have to pay over a $1000.00 in fees. Therefore, I decided to pay for a remote notary and sign the closing documents early on May 15, 2024, so that my closing would be effective on May 16, 2024 which was the date that my closing was scheduled for.

My closing was effective on May 16, 2024. However, due to Pulte’s failure to do the following, I am still unable to live in my home as of June 2, 2024 more than two weeks post closing (which was effective on May 16, 2024): 1) Act in Good Faith; 2) Adequately and reasonably install, inspect, and repair the Air Conditioner vents, and electrical and plumbing systems; 3) Substantially Complete my home and sell it to me free of material defects; 4) Failure to do remediation and repairs for water leak and flood in a timely manner; 5) Failure to make repairs to the Air Conditioner vents and the electrical systems that Pulte was aware of prior to closing.

On May 7, 2024, prior to closing I informed Mr. Windy **, Pulte’s construction manager, in writing that the home had electrical issues, specifically the breakers were tripping in multiple rooms which clearly identifies an electrical issue. At the walk through, on May 13, 2024, prior to closing Mr. ** advised that all of the issues were fixed. However, after closing on May 16, 2024, I realized that was not the case and the home had more issues than I thought. After closing the breakers continued to trip and I could not get power in some rooms, nor could I install ceiling lights in those rooms. Additionally, insulation that was very obvious and fell from the air conditioner vent (Pulte hid this) fell into my home from the air conditioner vent which caused me to have difficulty breathing and irritation of my eyes.

On May 18, 2024, Bluestream attempted to install my alarm, phone, internet, and cable, which I paid for two months in advanced at closing. Bluestream was prevented from installing any of those utilities which left my property exposed and unsafe. On May 23, 2024, a supervisor at Bluestream Philip advised that Pulte construction team destroyed Bluestream’s lines which prevented me from getting service at my home for my alarm, phone, internet and cable. This delay impacted my ability to work from home. On May 22, 2024, water leaked from the second floor of my home through the ceiling into the entry way area of my home. The water from the leak caused visible moisture to the drywall and ceiling in my home, the baseboards in my washroom and baseboards near my entryway, and water intrusion to the drywall near my entryway.

My mother I immediately informed the construction manager, Mr. ** who was in the area, of the leak and he witnessed the water falling and the flood in my home. I also submitted a written request for a work order the same night for repairs through the Pulte portal. After observing the leak, Mr. ** advised that he would inform Pablo **. This was at approximately 5:00pm on May 22, 2024. Pulte did not send a plumber to my home until after 6:00pm on May 23, 2024, who advised me that he was there to “cover their butts” and do not fix anything in my presence but may have fixed something when I wasn’t there.

As of June 2, 2024, Pulte has failed to replace my baseboards, drywall or do any remediation for my home to bring it back to the same condition that it was prior to the flood. Instead Pablo **, a Pulte worker, in bad faith advised me that the flood may have been caused by my mother doing laundry and flooding the house. Pablo is not acting in good faith and being disingenuous and clearly showing that Pulte has no intention of repairing my home. The front load washer does not even allow you open the door when the washer is going. Nor can you flood a home with the washer’s technology as the washer stops when you open the door if you are able to pause it.

On May 28, 2024, almost two weeks after closing Pulte sent an electrician who advised that lines were close to touching and that caused the breakers to trip. He advised that he fixed it. That was the second time that the electrician came as he came previously on May 24, 2024 and only changed one breaker instead of inspecting the house for other electrical issues. On May 31, 2024, more than two weeks after closing, Pulte finally sent an individual from Engineered Air who advised me that the air conditioner vent was not sealed properly and he then sealed it. He advised me that we did not want to breath in that air from the attic. The air quality in my home has been poor. I paid $460.57 for an air quality test, and Pablo advised me that Pulte would not reimburse me stating there is a policy but he has yet to produce that policy in writing.

I informed Mr. ** in writing that several rooms had breakers tripping which clearly identifies an electrical issue. At the walk through, on May 13, 2024, prior to closing Mr. ** advised that all of the issues were fixed. However, after closing on May 16, 2024, I realized that was not the case. After closing the breakers continued to trip and I could not get power in some rooms, nor could I install ceiling lights in those rooms. Additionally, insulation continued to fall into my home from the air conditioner vent which caused me to have difficulty breathing and caused my eyes to be irritated. On May 28, 2024, Pulte sent an electrician who advised that lines were close to touching and that caused the breakers to trip. He advised that he fixed it. An electrician sent by Pulte also came on May 24, 2024 as electrical issues were never resolved prior to closing.

On May 31, 2024, Anthony from BrandT’s Appliance services came to my home. He was sent from Pulte. He advised that having the hose on the left screwed in as it was installed and as it was last week will cause a leak as it would pull too much on the hot water line on the right since it’s already zip tied. He stated that is what could have caused the leak and he recommends leaving it unscrewed as it is now. In other words, Pulte or those it contracts with failed to install the plumbing system, air conditioner vents, and electrical system in a safe manner and my home was never ready for closing. The Pulte manager keeps stalling and has no intention of repairing my ceiling or baseboards after they became wet.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Do not purchase a Pulte home in Northpointe, Peoria, Az. It has been the worst home buying experience I have ever had. Poor quality - do not close with any repairs because everything is a fight to get repaired. All my tile flooring had to be replaced including the shower floor - the flooring company agreed right away but pulte took 5 months to schedule the repairs. I had to hire a flooring inspector and they still made it very difficult. I could not fully unpack or enjoy my home. My neighbors have been in for over a year and also need a full tile replacement. I have many items which are not complete after a year. Poor workmanship, bad trades and bad customer service. I’m a realtor and have sold homes for over 20 years.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Purchasing a new home built by Pulte in Canton MI is definitely the worst decision I have ever made. Customer service is awful. Once I was in my home and had concerns, the customer service department was evasive, unprofessional, cocky liars and have not stood by or taken responsibility for their shoddy work. I wish I would have read the reviews before purchasing. Buyer beware, be safe not sorry. Stay away from Pulte.

Profile pic of the author.
      Ahmad increased rating by 4 stars.
      PriceStaff
      After a positive interaction with Pulte Homes, Ahmad increased their star rating.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

We are very upset and confused with our purchase from Pulte Homes. The quality of these houses is extremely poor. They build as cheaply as possible while selling at the highest possible price. We do not recommend Pulte Homes to anyone. They appear serious and friendly until you sign the paperwork. The Pulte Homes warranty is a big lie. When you have a problem, they ignore you and laugh in your face. Do not be fooled by the warranty.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

This company builds a decent home, but their Customer Service during the first year is atrocious. They'll promise you the world, but they don't deliver on their promises. The Daventry Service Manager, Kenneth **, has outright lied to me and not followed through on a single promise he's made. I've reached the point that I'm going to evaluate legal action against the company as a Co-Plaintiff with both of my neighbors, who have similar complaints. Beware when purchasing a home from this company. You will not be happy with their follow-through on Customer Service complaints. Knowing what I know now I would not have purchased this Pulte home. Furthermore, beware of the deceptive loan practices Pulte Mortgage Company uses. I am gathering emails and other documents to file a complaint with the Tennessee Department of Financial Institutions. I will post more on this issue in the near future.

Pulte Homes Company Information