Pulte Homes
1.35/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Pulte Homes

123 Pulte Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Sexual harassment - The salesman I had was very inappropriate with his actions and words and when I reached out to someone at a higher level to make them aware, not only did I not get a call back, I was actually blocked as well... they obviously don’t care how their customers are treated and evidently don’t care to try to solve an issue or even look into it, they just ignore it and go on... would NOT recommend dealing with this company at all!!!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Buying a Divosta Builders/Pulte Home in Sarasota Florida - They took $5,000 from me as deposit to purchase a lot. I canceled 2 days later as the pricing for options was exorbitant to say the least. They won't give the money back. I did sign a contract. However, due to their mistake in scheduling a meeting, I incurred expenses to cancel a flight and extend my rental car. They won't reimburse me for this which is absolutely their mistake. This is unacceptable.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I decided to purchase and build a home from the ground up with Pulte since it offered the floor plan that I wanted (Dunlay plan) based from the pictures on their website. Everything seems to go well with the initial construction phase with foundation and framing since I hired an inspector, but after that the issues started. First, I had to change my kitchen cabinetry because the kitchen mandated a window, which I was unaware of. The seller told us that the window were the ones that are installed underneath the cabinets, well that was not the case and we ended up changing the kitchen configuration because of that window. Apparently the pictures posted on the website are from a similar floorplan.

After we decided to go with this, I started noticing a lot of sloppiness related with fit and finishes, although they fix most of these it was apparent that they were rushing to finish the house and it was showing all over the place. Issues related with floorboards not aligning with the edge of the tile, doors frames not align with the interior doors, uneven gaps between the kitchen granite countertops and cabinet frame and from the exterior, gaps that were supposed to be filled with brick concrete material were filled with white plaster. Also the bricks on the side of the house did not align with the limestone from the foundation. After further investigation apparently the foundation was not align with the frame of the house. I can go on and on and I think pics can provide a better representation of the issues.

Pulte also forced us to close that following week without providing us an opportunity for a final inspection and walkthrough at least a week prior. Apparently they wanted to close really quickly. The house I was about to close is located at Davis Ranch in San Antonio. Do yourself a favor look elsewhere, apparently since Pulte bought Centex they used the cheapest of the cheapest when it comes to materials. Other builder offers more for the money (ie. window blinds, 3D shingles, fans, nice granite etc...) If you need more info I can facilitate pictures and provide further information.

Original review: May 8, 2018

The sub-contractors that Pulte uses are the worst of the worst. Frames are ok on the outside walls and crap on the interior walls. Pulte rep said walls that were not level would be replaced prior to sheetrock, they never were. Sheetrockers are super fast and careless. Many wires were covered up and Pulte would not take responsibility to correct the issue. Vents not hooked up, insufficient insulation, wrong appliances, etc, etc. Pulte rep never oversaw anything being done during construction. Independent inspector found many, many issues. Some items were not performed in accordance with local minimum codes.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Pulte negotiated a second “Home Purchase Agreement” dated March 14, 2018. That second contract carried over the $5,000.00 earnest money deposit from the first contract and called for an additional earnest money deposit of $10,000.00, which the ** paid as well. However, before paying the additional earnest money, the **, who were not represented by an agent, insisted that the contract include a financing contingency allowing for the return of the earnest money, including their $5,000.00 earnest money deposit. Pulte agreed, and on March 21, 2018, the parties executed what amounts to an addendum to the contract.

Up until that time, the ** had worked with Pulte’s preferred lender, Pulte Mortgage, to finance the purchase of their home. In that regard, Pulte Mortgage had approved financing for the ** with an interest rate at 3.5% in connection with the original contract. Although that approval expired due to the delay caused by the botched back-yard issue, Pulte Mortgage assured the ** that financing would be available upon the same or substantially identical terms. However, the day before closing, Pulte Mortgage informed the ** that it could only provide financing with an applicable 5.5% interest rate. The ** informed Pulte that they couldn’t afford to finance on those terms, and asked (indeed begged) for an opportunity to find alternative financing. Pulte refused. With closing imminent, the ** had no choice but to exercise their rights under the financing contingency and canceled the contract.

The ** appreciate that Pulte returned the additional $10,000.00 earnest money deposit that Pulte insisted they pay. However, they believe that Pulte must also return their initial $5,000.00 earnest money deposit. Although the Financing Addendum does indicate an “earnest money deposit amount of $10,000.00,” the circumstances leading up to and surrounding the negotiation of the second contract, and fact that the contract expressly incorporates the initial $5,000.00 earnest money deposit (in the “Terms and Conditions” provisions in the second Change Order), renders the Financing Addendum ambiguous. The ** will certainly testify that it was their intent that the Financing Addendum would apply to all earnest money deposits that they had paid. Considering the profound disparity in bargaining power and sophistication between the parties, it is reasonable to assume that this and any other ambiguity will be construed against Pulte.

The ** will also testify that their entire experience with Pulte was, to put it kindly, unfortunate. The ** are likable and engaging, and any fact-finder will undoubtedly find them to be good and sympathetic witnesses. In light of the foregoing, it is likely that the ** will prevail should this matter escalate to litigation. They would prefer to avoid that fate; however, they are fully prepared to aggressively pursue their rights should that prove necessary.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a Pulte home in Sept 2015. Over the first year I noticed cracked tile. As part of the home warranty they did repair the tiles with tiles I had saved from the closing on my house. Now, 2 years later I have additionally cracked tiles. I ordered over $500 of tile to make the repairs and lay additional tiles. Come to find out the tile they originally laid was not the 12 inch tile I ordered. Apparently their manufacturer was making 11.5 inch tile which is not a tile size. So now I cannot only not repair any tile but I can't lay additional tile because of this size discrepancy. I was told it's not their problem because it was their vendor's issue. Hmmm really, well they hired them thus are responsible. Do not buy Pulte for this and many other reasons.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Separations in the joints of the hardwood finishes noted within 12 to 18 months of purchasing our home in Cary, North Carolina. Putty patching material was placed into some of the separations and the separations have continued to widen. The separations extended through the living room, foyer, and dining room. Separations were also noted extending through the kitchen, family room, and the bedroom. The floor surface was checked with 48-inch bubble level. Separations ranges from 1/8 to 5/17 inch.

The garage slab has tooled shrinkage control joints extending from left to right and from front to rear intersecting in the middle portion of the slab. Cracks were also observed in the exterior of the residence. Per the evaluation of a hired Geotechnical Consultant by Pulte, the amount of concrete shrinkage maybe due to concrete slump or consistency at time of placement, curing methods, temperature and humidity at time of placement and during curing, finishing methods, and mix proportions. These are all related to Pulte's quality of workmanship. However, according to PULTE RDU Warranty representative, "Based on my observations and the conclusions from the engineer report the gaps in the hardwoods are not covered under the warranty. The concrete slab under the hardwoods has shrunk / cracked and this has caused the hardwoods to separate."

I am beyond disappointed with Pulte's workmanship. Please don't be deceived by how good Pulte is with staging their homes and how good they are with marketing their homes. Truthfully, they are not really building good quality homes. Now, we are very anxious about other potential problems we will have to uncover as we live in outhouse. Pulte really disappointed me big time!!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

AVOID BY ALL MEANS! Salespeople, especially Lamonica from Parmer Crossing are liars. Build quality is the worst and we see cracks in the walls over 3 months living in the house. I highly recommend avoiding PULTE. If you could, go with a different builder like David Weekley or Lennar.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased the house in 2005 in Falcon, Colorado. I was getting ready to retire from the Army cause I got hurt in Iraq. After owning the house about four years, came home one very cold night to find water and ice coming out the front of the house. A pipe in the bathroom burst. The water went through all three levels of the house. Ruin a lot of personal property that can’t be replaced. Pulte had built the house where there was opening from the outside to the bathroom which exposed a water pipe to the weather. When I had it repaired, and they opened the bathroom wall, you could see clear to the outside. I couldn’t believe it. I called Pulte in Colorado several times to come and repair it and never heard back from them. Then around year 8-9 owning the house I had air conditioners installed. Then a few days after they were installed, the walls and the living room flooded.

I had a repair guy come out and he said there was a pipe missing for the water to drain. He showed it to me and in the walls sure enough an entire pipe was missing. I called all the way to the Pulte National HQs and they refused to fix it. They said it was after the warranty. I explained this should have been done when the house was built. I told him if Pulte didn’t come and fix it I would sue and the man said, "So sue us." And hung up. I went ahead and paid for it. I haven’t pursued legal course of action as I have had one surgery after another.

I’ve been in very poor health and just didn’t have the energy to do it. My health has finally improved some and if I continue to get better I am going to hire a lawyer. I waited 26 years to own a home of my own. I made a lot of sacrifices in my life serving to get to the point where I could own a nice home. I am disappointed that Nationally known builder would treat customers like I was treated and stand behind the product they built.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Malvern, PA - What a poor workmanship and dishonest company is!!! I almost bought this township. Pulte forgot to install the pipe of the dryer machine and did not notice me while I was signing a contract. And would like to revise the floor plan to re-install the pipe without informing me as well. Therefore, I demanded they need to return my deposit which is 10% of the selling price. Pulte rejected meanly and did not recognize their fault. I had my lawyer to involve. Finally, Pulte was willing to return my whole deposit. Do not buy the house built by Pulte!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I almost bought a Pulte Home here in San Antonio. I was living in Fort Worth at the time so couldn't visit too often to see how things were going. When I moved to San Antonio the house was in a terrible state even though the sales people were telling me how wonderful it was. Doors not even, studs coming out of the walls, front door wouldn't lock properly... Kitchen cabinets wouldn't stay closed, I could go on and on... I put $1,000.00 earnest money down and while I was in Fort Worth they demanded another $10,000.00. As my house was sold I did it. I finally had to walk away due to poor workmanship and they did not give what they promised. Long story short they kept my $11,000.00 dollars. Built with a different builder and am so happy with my house as Pulte owners are having awful problems with their properties. Think twice before giving out huge earnest monies as they are known for stealing it. Happens all the time.

Original review: March 17, 2018

We purchased a home in the Carolina Arbors development in Durham, NC. Selection of hardwood flooring provided to Pulte by Shaw Floors was an approximate 18" by 18" sample which had a uniform appearance. Our first opportunity to review the finished floor was at our final inspection prior to closing. The finished product was a nightmare of shiny and dull areas throughout the entire floor. The manufacturer and Pulte claim that this is the appearance of the floor that we selected but it bears no resemblance to the small sample that we reviewed in the sales office.

The finished product is horrendous and looks like a botched floor. If they expected the floor to look like that as they claim they should have provided a sufficiently large selection sample that incorporates the anticipated differences in appearance. Neither Pulte or Shaw are willing to doing anything to correct the situation. We have no choice but to proceed with closing given the contract provisions which are all one sided towards Pulte. Once we close it will cost us between $15-20K to demolish the existing floor and replace it with one that has a uniform finish and it will not be a Shaw product.

By the way if you decide to go with a Pulte home you might want to check the plumbness of the walls prior to drywall - few of the walls are in fact plumb but after framing rough-in there is not much you can do to correct the situation. Needless to say I would never buy another Pulte house and we haven't even started to deal with any warranty issues!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Del Webb Sweetgrass - Pulte home building: We bought the house a year ago. We had all kind of issues with cracked tiles, crack slabs and just poor construction. It has taken months but is slowly being fixed. The last insult is not being informed in any way that you have to register your HVAC in a 60 day period by any of the staff. My warranty was cut from what should have been 10 years to 5 years. I would be so concerned except Lennox is such a crappy AC manufacturer and have failures all over our community. Picture below is one example of cracked slab and tile replacement that has been 4 times in one year.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

If I could give Pulte Homes a half star I would give them just that. They do not deserve anything better than that!! We bought our home in the 4S Ranch area of San Diego. We are having nothing but problems in our home. There are issues with plumbing, with the stucco, the roof and the list goes on and on. Pulte Homes have used cheap raw materials to build the homes. We had to spend thousand of dollars to repair our plumbing, our kitchen sink and our toilets. They used cheap pipes for our main water pipe and the main pipe burst and we had no water in our home for 3 days. We had to stay in a hotel because of this problem.

When we discovered a leak under our kitchen sink, we called a professional plumber who discovered that when they built the house, they used aluminum foil to fill and cheap glue to fill in the gaps around the kitchen sink and the kitchen cabinet where the sink sits!!! The plumber said that he had never seen anyone fill in gaps using aluminum foil, Please see attached pictures of the aluminum foils that they used to fill in the gaps. The fences on both sides of our home also broke and there are leaks underneath the ground from bad plumbing.

I can go on and on about all the problems that we are facing due to Pulte Home's failure to use good materials to build our house. They are negligent in what they do and do not care about the customers. We paid a lot to buy this home, but it is not worth the hard earned money that we spent buying this house. I would not recommend this builder to anyone. We have had nothing but problems with this house that cost us big time!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Bought a year and a half ago. Living in basically one room and kitchen. Had a total nervous breakdown. Yes that's a review. Don't buy. Not accredited. I assumed BBB. NEVER DO THAT. READ REVIEWS FIRST. They pulled us in, have chewed us you and spit us out. Looking for these BEST DEFECT ATTORNEY IN HOUSTON. But don't stop there. Read reviews ALL OVER COUNTRY. IT'S A NIGHTMARE AND I'M LIVING IT. Had extensive hand wrist thumb surgery from moving things back and forth over and over so they could rebuild, knock out, put back up, when they show up. Sheetrock work. We all agree. That's just a start. Closed Sept 21. 2016. Big mistake.

They are abusing senior citizens with their 55+ communities. Take the money and run. Neighbor 2 doors down just got his settlement. Our place was vandalized before we moved in. We've talked to sub-contractors, I fell that they were angry at treatment by GCs and supervisors... such as they were. Nothing was supervised. We came and saw as often as we could, living an hour away. Why did we even have a meeting with supervisors? Nothing was put where it was suppose to be. These guys gave these subs, some I'm assuming was their first jobs in America. To figure out where to put fans, so they did the obvious. WRONG. Shelves wrong places. Asked me to go to store and measure my top loader so they could put shelf at exact height. Oh my word!

Paid $450 for an outlet on one side of laundry room. Took them months to move that shelf to the other wall instead if over that outlet which was subbed for freezer. Told them, told them told them, then they still finished it out on the wrong side and acted stunned when we came back by same day to check and found that!! We said, RIP IT OUT!!! THEY'RE SO HORRIBLE AND SHODDY THAT WHEN THEY COME IN TO REDO ALL THE WORK, TRUST ME... “ALL" THEY DO IT WORSE! You think that's not possible. LOLOLOL I've lost my mind.

My husband and I've been married 3 yrs coming April 2018. We dated 3 yrs in the 70s. He went off to become a minister, I graduated high school. We found each other again on Facebook. My 80 yr old DADDY walked me down the aisle. We'd been through previous marriages, weren't going to do that again. But we were soul mates in love and found us a home in his hometown Houston. Village at Tuscan Lakes (sounds BEAUTIFUL) near his 2 married children and grandchildren and 2 younger kids.

No one can come here. I can't decorate a house that isn't finished. Has now developed mold in one bedroom above door, (we chose a 3 bedroom in these smaller homes because I have kids and grands out of town) now we had large TV still in box, finally took it out before the mold experience, moved it, still not on wall, to put real paint on our walls ourselves, they used watered down construct grade Sherwin-Williams, perfectly legal Sprayed on junk!!!

Now my husband had hurt his knee, had surgery from walking in yard, tripping over rebar sticking out of ground, and turning his leg in yard; uneven ground, clay, and now there water stains running down wall so we can't even paint the LR. Until we see what's going in with roof. Mind you, they stopped answering our calls and texts and emails 4 months before our one year warranty was up. They never cleaned or sealed fireplace. I can't put fans in due to dust in AC vents that they're suppose to come what type mold and fix. Said it didn't need remediation when I finally got a brand new team of 4; always sending me new people after the last ones screwed up, then checked air humidity levels, not type of Black wet mold dripping off door facing mold. Would've taken 30 seconds to determine.

Couple of months pass by, I handed it to my husband. I never wanted to see them again. Knowing that remediation is required to sale a home and for many other reasons, we've gotten letters of laughable excuses, if I was in a laughing mood; then lies from Blackmon Mooring about what they conceded was the cause and fix. But what was said it done in my home. Pulte Houston corporate even said they'd sent us a certified letter that was returned and now they were re-returning it with a hard copy. Give me a break. We walk to our community mailbox get our own mail out and never RETURNED ANYTHING. They lie, cheat, steal, make promises. It's fraud! Our marriage, our life, our bodies and our souls have suffered. I don't send anything back. I have communication videos pictures.

I lived in a better built apt than this quarter of a million dollar home that we we're going to make changes add hot tub. Have family over. Can't and haven't. It's embarrassing. And devastating to our health and our pocket book and with elderly parents, kids and grands far away, had to work our lives around months of disaster, and miss these important events. And still it's horrible, not to mention, I have family in mold business and friends in real estate that said get out of their until you know the mold type. It's all in our AC and us I'm sure. They finally called and said, well we sent to another tester, and we lost the frame to door. Can we come out and put sheetrock back up that they ask my husband to cut out piece above door and leave on front porch. Took a while before they picked it up. I'm DONE! NEED ATTORNEY. ERIN BROCKOVICH please help. My husband works shift work, not retired. Turned 66 yesterday.

We've used our hard earned money and so have other seniors to buy a DISASTER. Heater doesn't work. They wanted to send someone out the other day. I have a horrible fireplace and heater, told them, tell it to my attorney. None of you, your supervisors you contractors especially your customer care group is coming in this place!!! Ever again. They stole my wedding ring. I have police report! Acted like they would pay for it. Then turned us over to this fly by night company, I researched. She had me take pictures of my bathroom... LOL then said she was going on vacation. When we finally heard... THERE IS NO BASIS FOR THEFT. IT'S ON!!! IF IT TAKES US EVERY DIME IN OUR SAVINGS FOR OUR ATTORNEYS I WANT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!

I WANT MY RING PAID FOR. By the way, one was left, just like mine, a couple backed out of their engagement, MY HUSBAND GRABBED IT! I HAVE PICTURES , My husband proposed in front of my old house where he used to drop me off, kiss me goodnight and drive back to Houston, for 3 yrs. My mother didn't live to see us married, she passed in car accident in 1974. Never saw grands or greats. But we wrote the names of our loved ones on these studs with scriptures.

We've tried hard to work with these people. But God's said, No, this isn't where you should be. My husband wanted me in safe place, gated. They never work, their security is not good in the home. Various reasons. Homeowners have gone out on their own to other companies like ADT... THE LAWN SERVICE FIRED. ALL OF THEM THEY CHANGE AS OFTEN AS THEY CHANGE MGMT. Lots have hired their own. It's safer too. The lawns. LOL. The flower beds are full OF JUNK! Everything has to be torn out.

So basically for clubhouse, HOA is getting a little over $3000.00 a year & we get 0. Well I used the pool a few times last yr when my grandson came once. Only one who has but, for us grandparents, they only allow 3 hrs a day in certain days for our grands. A 12 yr old boy wants the pool. And the fishing we were promised out of ponds. Took 2 grandsons who were so excited. Not one fish in those ponds!!! I can attest, hours later. Poor disappointed boys and angry grannie!!! Also I've been put on heart meds. Come on. I’M 61 but my heart was fine. Now my pressure’s gone up, and my pulse. And I have a heart dr. And my husband’s limping I can barely lift anything. AND we're going to have to hire people to fix this place... A NEW HOME!!! I WANT THEIR LICENSE!!! IF THEY HAVE ONE!

Oh I'm only putting one star by their names so I can get through this to warn you all!! Next call is attorney general. By the way I don't feel safe here. I'm afraid of them and what they might do before we reach our goal, I've told them up front. I have copies, names, etc in a safe deposit box. Stay away from my home and us until we can get out of here. Media is being used also. I may be old but I'm not stupid. My husband and I and our families are going to live a nice peaceful life ELSEWHERE when this nightmare ends... and not pay someone $3000.00 a year to tell us what we can and cannot do. This review has asked for receipts and order numbers to verify, that will NOT BE USED ELSEWHERE. SORRY. THAT'S CONFIDENTIAL. Only for our litigators.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We have a warranty on a brand new Pulte home we had built. We have tried contacting Pulte in regards to an issue with our roof starting back from August 2017. We have called and emailed numerous times. So many times we have lost count. We continue to be told someone will contact us back to fix the roof and nobody has. At this point our roof still isn't fixed and we don't know what to do.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We have built 5 homes over the past 35 years. Last year, 2017 our retirement house was completed and covered by a one year guarantee. Most items were minor and resolved. The big issue came after last summer when we were in the house for seven months. Being in Sarasota Florida after the rainy season lessened, we noticed water accumulating at the end of the driveway and not draining to the street. Pavers were rapidly deteriorating where the water pooled. I reported it to the warranty office four different times. The runaround and explanation given for the pooling and paver damage is consistently some else's fault. IF YOU PLAN TO BUY A PULTE HOME GOOD LUCK. Second, everyone on this site with the same experience needs to contact Office of the Attorney General. PL-01 The Capitol Tallahassee, Florida 32399. Phone# 1-866-966-7226.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My husband and I built a home with Pulte 7 years ago. We have been so satisfied we are seeking to build another home with them. Yes there were some issues when we first moved in but Pulte was quick to fix them. The quality is top of the line builder grade. Between my husband and I we have previously built 5 homes so we knew we had to continually check while our home was being built. This is the case with any builder. We love our home and hope to build a similar home in the location of our choice.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

We purchase our home 13 months ago. What a disappointment this experience has been from day one. The quality of the home is very poor considering the purchase price was nearly 300k. They have a 1 year warranty for issues but getting things fixed and correctly is another issue. There have been so many issues we have lost count. Thirteen months later we are still waiting on repairs. I will never buy a Pulte home again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Would recommend not working with Pulte in Auburn Hills, Mckinney Texas. Zero follow through, zero commitment to process. Most of our items on our punch list were not completed at closing. Poor quality that wont be addressed. Our lawn wasn't graded properly and is complete mud. Pulte continually gives excuses and allows their contractors to go on vacation even in the middle of closing. We had 3 final walkthroughs that were a total disaster. Our HVAC inspection failed twice from the city and they still tried to get us to close. As a first time owner who just saved 7 years to build this house I can say I'm disappointed and angry. At one point was even told that our house "was the worst one we've had in the neighborhood".

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I would avoid Pulte Homes with every effort. I know there is always a degree of frustration with building a house, however, our experience has been like 5 months of dealing with a cheap, used car dealer. The house is getting ready for pre-drywall inspection (was supposed to be first week of October), we have been dealing with large cracks in the block, they put one of the lag bolts through the main sewage drain in the foundation. They broke up the several feet of the foundation in that spot and then another few feet in an adjoining room for some reason. All of that during the middle of November, and nothing has changed since then.

They have also not done anything about the construction folks smoking and just dropping the cigarette butts all over the house. In several places, the cigarette butts have almost caught fire and are leaving burn marks all over the flooring and framing. We have spoken numerous times to our Building Manager, and others above him. Nothing has been done. If any of you are interested in more details regarding a full list of the issues and actions, let me know. There are several builders in the subdivision, choose another. Building with Pulte is more heartache than it's worth.

Updated on 4/9/2018: We had a number of unaddressed items the day of closing. I was going to refuse to close on 3/30/2018, but was talked out of it by Carl (Chuck) ** at Pulte. I should have known better. As of this date nothing has been fixed, they have reassigned both of the managers they had working on our house to a different neighborhood and have assigned yet another person. Below is the outstanding list as of today:

Still need extension cord for UC light in kitchen. Paint spills on pavers on porch. Yard is still terrible…can’t walk without risking a fall due to lumps and spaces between patches of sod. Dead spots of sod in the lawn. (Large spots, not smalls ones that will fill over time.) Small spot of missed silicone between horizontal and vertical granite pieces to left of fridge. Silicone scribe molding and between cabinet and tub surround in master. Floodlights on the back of the house are very loose and swing a lot when the wind blows. Paint drips and smudges on the front doors and door glass.

Drywall issues: 3 visible bulges/seams in the master bath, 1 in the back of the left master closet. Visible corner metal in the window of the game room. Corner metal seam on column in the master bedroom. Patch job where tray joins ceiling in the master bedroom needs to be redone/blended. Door to back bedroom still sticks, even after a screw was driven into door frame. Screw not covered/patched, and has caused a large separation at the 45 degree join. Door frame heights in front bedroom are mis-aligned. Wall switch for small bay garage opener doesn’t work. Small garage door doesn’t seal properly all the way across the bottom, mis-aligned. Still not convinced the epoxy on the garage floor was done correctly. I feel like I was told stories about it. Needs clear coat. Still have not received paint touch up kit we were promised.

Other things to mention: Overall sloppiness of paint. Trim paint on walls, wall paint on trim. Window claddings have paint/drywall on them, promised they would be cleaned. Floors were filthy when we moved in. Dust on everything that was never cleaned off (same non-dusty fingerprints for weeks), though we were told the house would be clean upon signing.

Keep in mind that during the month prior to closing, all of these items and more were presented and reviewed many times. They are not new. During that time, we also caught them removing tape from spots that marked needed repairs or fixes without fixing them multiple times. I have also been talking to other people in the neighborhood that have built with Pulte and having the same or worse experience than we have. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT build a home with Pulte in Starkey Ranch.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

If I could give 0 stars I would! After buying our home in 2014 which was a new build we have nothing but problems, from them ignoring an independent report and the whole floor cracking in half, the garage door coming off rails from house movement as they didn’t put in a drain. The air conditioning zoned all wrong. We had water pouring through the ceiling into the kitchen, ripped carpet, tree planted easement, electrical problems constantly blowing the circuit box. Now we currently have three different colors of paint on the wall, wrongly installed tile, items stolen from us and they didn’t even do a police report. Sending workers to do the same job three times over. They have damaged our appliances, we have gone through four different managers and having to explain the same situation over and over again.

We have not been able to enjoy our home since we moved in and still are being messed around. We have ceilings not painted, we had a painter come out and paint the ceiling three times and it's still not cut in and paint dripping down the walls. We have now been waiting almost a year to get our repairs from the damage they did last year when reinstalling the floor. My daughter had an allergic reaction when they tried to make us stay in the home whilst they ripped the whole tile out downstairs, it looked like a war zone and was so dusty my daughters mouth swelled up. We have yellow glue all over the doors from them sealing them. I came back one night when they were installing the floor as we had to stay in a hotel and found some random guy in my daughter's bedroom! Currently the bathroom grout is all falling from the bath And Is cracked.

The baseboards are all scratched and the caulk is stained from the grout from the when the floor was done. The floor grout was the wrong color and was a sand color when the tile is dark wood looking so they tried to drain it but it's all different colors. The amount of things that have been wrong is unbelievable as I can give a huge list. A manager even came in and said the craftsmanship is so shabby in the home! This hasn’t felt like home since we moved in. This week someone was suppose to have done repairs so I blocked three days off from work, after being told a company was coming out to fix the tiles and bath I had one guy show up and left after an hour, not sure why he didn’t work all day but nothing was done.

Next day I said I needed to go to the hospital as my son was there and I had an important meeting with his doctor, I asked for them to send the tile people after 1pm, they didn’t get back to me so I expected this was ok, I drove 40 min to the hospital and rushed back for the tile people who never showed up! When I asked Pulte about this they said I didn’t answer the door in the morning and they couldn’t change their schedule, they didn’t bother to tell me and I drove 40 min back to the house for nothing, so I had to drive back to the hospital again! I also find it hardly unlikely anyone showed up as I didn’t leave until very late. We are extremely disappointed with Pulte and would never ever consider purchasing a home from them or recommend them. Their management and customer care team may be the worst I have ever encountered from any company. We just want our home finished and Pulte out of our lives!!!

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2017

Company has agreed to compensate us as per agreement.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Pulte Homes, doing business as Centex homes in Washington State is building the North Hill development in Duvall, WA. To open this development, Pulte/Centex excavated and removed dirt from our property to install an underground Pipe and Swale to construct a stormwater conveyance system. Pulte agreed in writing to compensate us for all dirt removed from our property during this work. All excavation work was done by Pulte’s sub-contractor, Goodfellow Bros Inc. (GBI) construction.

The work began in July of 2016 and paused in November 2016 due to seasonal work restrictions. On Nov 15th 2016 Pulte provided a value breakdown of the dirt excavated to date and promptly paid us in December 2016: 202 Cubic Yards (CY) purchased which they paid $4,000 or $19.80/CY for. In writing, Pulte stated that this is the fair rate for compensation based on quotes I provided from local dirt sellers and not GBI valuations. Our agreement is to use same approach/price/rate for the remaining excavation work. This was verified in two separate emails, in person, and on the phone.

In July of 2017, in good faith, we allowed GBI to re-enter our property and complete the work. At the conclusion of the work, we requested timely and fair payment as agreed. The response from Pulte representative was that GBI has provided a new valuation of $7CY X 350 CYs removed and that Pulte was unwilling to pay the agreed value of $6,930. Instead, we will be paid $2,450, a difference of $4,480.

I have since contacted local dirt sellers and received multiple written quotes that support our agreed fair price of $19.80/CY. During my research I contacted GBI, Pulte’s sub-contractor, who provide the low ball $7/CY quote, and was told that GBI does not sell dirt. This fact was acknowledged by Pulte on 8/21/2017, yet they still insist on using the new GBI quote in their attempt to re-negotiate our agreement. As of today (11/27/2017) multiple follow ups with Pulte have gone ignored and no payment has been made despite the work concluding in July 2017. Pulte has removed 350 CY of dirt from our property, cast aside our agreement, and not paid anything for the 350 CY.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

PULTE HOMES WARNING: if you are thinking of going with this homebuilder you might want to take these things into consideration... Be prepared to get on your hands and knees with a razor blade and barkeepers friend to clean the glue, pencil marks, and dirt off your floors. If you are expecting to have toilets that flush properly this is not the builder to go with. If you enjoy seeing feces and toilet paper floating around after two or three flushes, then this is the home for you.

In the kitchen, if you want shelves that actually hold dishes, again this is not the builder for you. The shelves are warped, with cheap plastic clips that don’t stay in place to hold the shelf up, not to mention the crooked doors that they can’t seem to fix. I could go on, but let me sum it up with this, expect cheap material, poor workmanship, and nothing but excuses and no follow through from warranty. Your first year will be spent in battle trying to get the home you expected, and should’ve gotten.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We have so much problem with Pulte, the construction is poor quality, there no service responses in service tickets. They come as a guest to look and they never care for homeowners problems. One issue Pulte is taking 6 months to fix and still it is not fixed yet, we have taken several times off without pay and they even not fixed even after several calls including escalations. It's frustrating with Pulte and we are feeling very bad that why did we bought house from Pulte. Very bad experience with Pulte. Even after so many complaints they never show up.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

It has been 8 months of stress and lost time... I still do not have sealed doors! They promise, fail. Promise. FAIL. Promise…then make the problem worse than the original complaint. Escalation only seems to add to the incompetence. I have NEVER seen anything like it. The day we closed they LOST THE KEYS. It has only gotten more frustrating from there. I can't even get paint patched in under 6 visits. Pathetic.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

DONT TRUST YOUR PULTE FLOOR PLANS!!! I purchased a custom-built home from Pulte in 2015. This was one of the first luxury subdivisions they have built, and it was immediately apparent that they are not accustomed to higher quality standards. The customer service representatives were only helpful if you had no issues or complaints. They are not responsive or cooperative if there are problems with the build.

I found an error on my official floor plans. My garage doors are described as being 9 and they were built as 8. When this was brought to their attention, they responded by telling me they can make changes/edits to the official floor plans without notifying the homeowner or the City. My concern is that there were more changes to my floor plans of which I am unaware... and I have been told that I do not have a right to know the other changes that were made. So not only are they refusing to fix the garage doors according to the submitted and approved floor plans, but they are unwilling to tell me what else has been changed without notification.

It is absolutely frightening that you can purchase a million dollar home and not have accurate floor plans. How could any reputable contractor ever make repairs/renovations to my home in the future knowing that the floor plans are inaccurate??? I desperately wish I would have hired a lawyer to review all of the documents in advance as well as a project manager to monitor their progress during the build. Pulte has exceedingly poor customer service, isn’t interested in concerns if you are unhappy and have made it crystal clear that they will do as they please without any regard for the consumer. Please proceed with extreme caution if you are considering building a home with this company. Please don’t take anything they say at face value. Please don’t trust your official floor plans. I regret building a home with them and would never consider using them again or recommending them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Have only lived in house 6 months and have had master bath shower tile changed 4 times due to wavy floor pan and very crooked grout lines still needs to be fixed again. Main floor in master bath has been changed twice and still needs to be changed again due to tiles coming loose. Driveway pavers continue to come loose and all they do is cement the loose ones down instead of redoing entire edge so when it rains they all shift again. Appliances mounted crooked, too many electrical outlets on one circuit, customer service is a joke, takes a week to get a response and then does not want to help repair items even though under warranty.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We are in good standing with our mortgage, have NEVER missed a payment. Recently Pulte sold our mortgage to LoanCare, a company with a 1.2 star rating out of 208 reviews - in just the last month mind you. Sold our mortgage to a company with multiple complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and a company that has pending consumer lawsuits. Pulte should not be doing business with such companies. Shame on you Pulte.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Pulte made a big show of explaining the first 30, 90, and 1 year of customer service. Even provide a nice folder with vendor warranty information, Pulte contact numbers, etc. The problem is no one ever answers the phone at the Houston number 713-749-8009. Once you're in touch with a Customer Care Manager, you will be provided with that person's contact number. However if they decide to stop talking to you because they are not resolving the problem, then there seems to be no recourse. So tip to future customer - the follow-up service is a joke and not true. There is NO follow-up.

Pulte Homes Company Information