Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Pulte Homes
3.00/5

Pulte Homes

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

195 Pulte Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

I moved into my home in January 2014. I will first address the positives. I love the floor plan of the house, the MB closet, the kitchen and available storage there and storage generally. I am very happy with the amenities of the club house and have made good friends. However, the construction is TERRIBLE. The manufactured wood floors through my entire house are truly awful. I have dents in the floor everywhere. In addition they are separating but were not separated sufficiently before their warranty expired so they would not address the issue. Some of my friends replaced their wood floors at their own expense.

My roof was installed poorly and with very low quality shingles. I recently needed to have half of the roof replaced 2 months after the warranty elapsed because of serious leaks. (I have been in my house for just a little over five years). The asphalt membrane that is supposed to be under the shingles was not there but there was some cheap plastic thin sheet that had disintegrated. Pulte cuts corners, uses the cheapest labor and subcontractors available thus providing a very mediocre product for which they charge premium prices. If you have another option, I would consider it seriously if the quality of construction is important to you.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The home I purchased from Pulte at Sun City Texas in Georgetown, TX was poorly built. The preclosing checklist was long and included paint on every doorknob and hinge in the house, they had used caulk to fix holes in sheetrock and tried to hide poor construction with caulk throughout the home. Not one door shut correctly, to include the fire rated door from the garage to home. The bath tub in the master was covered with paint, caulk, and dirt. When a wall was opened up for repair, food debris and other trash was found in the wall cavity. They had sheetrocked over the debris during construction.

They had installed the wrong lighting fixtures, and failed to put up the crown moulding that had been paid for. Dealing with the warranty section trying to get items fixed was a long battle with incompetence. They had sent out repairmen 30 times and there were over 11 no shows as well. Each time a workman was scheduled meant taking time off work, as they only work M-F. I would not recommend a Pulte home to my worst enemy. This is not a complete list of items wrong with the home, and the items included everything, electrical issues, plumbing issues, flooring issues, cosmetics, and structural issues.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I am currently building a home at premium cost in the Bexley. Be aware Pulte allows NO changes to design after selection of rigidly defined structural options. They've denied simple changes to improve convenience, like rotating a light switch 180 degrees to provide access on a more logical wall or an AC pad relocation of ten feet away from a master bedroom window. They require strict adherence to standard design to support rapid construction of many homes. The construction supervisors are given no leeway to meet small customer requests. It's a cookie-cutter approach at a premium price.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We purchased a town home in Dec. 2018. To be honest it's been nothing but a nightmare. The quality of work has a lot to be desired. Our house has so many issues. I'll just name a few. Have a huge bulge across my downstairs ceiling. The craftsmanship is horrible, paint drips everywhere, a lot of my trim is chipped. The contractors that they work with are just idiots. They don't want to fix anything right. The granite people came out to seal my counter top because it had dull spots. Well they popped up again, and I'll called and the guy hung up on me.

I don't think we'll be here long. I'm so unhappy with the whole thing. The HOA doesn't respond to you, especially if it's something they don't want to hear. They have these customer service managers that are away and hardly ever able to reach. When they do get things scheduled, they schedule everybody in one day. So it's like a zoo and very stressful. So my advice to anyone looking for a new home, don't buy here. I'm so sorry I did. It's a shame that the models are so appealing, but our homes, not so much.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Muhiyadin **. Re: Complaint of defective oven and microwave unit. Re: Complainant v. PulteGroup v. Whirlpool Corporation. To whom it may concern: Please allow this letter to serve as my official complaint against the PulteGroup and the Whirlpool Corporation. I have contacted both companies by phone and as a customer I have not received aide that I have requested nor seen a completed result. Initially, I called Whirlpool on December 26th, 2018, just a few short weeks after my family and I closed on our home December 3,2018. I have contacted Whirlpool on three separate occasions since to replace or repair the defective appliance. Whirlpool has sent out a third party company to repair the defective appliance multiple times and yet has offered no results. 10 days have passed since their last inefficacious visit and this is a formal complaint.

My complaint includes the following:
• December 26th, 2018: I registered all Whirlpool appliances and first occurrence of oven and microwave unit malfunctioning.
• January 19, 2019: second time oven and microwave unit malfunctioning; I called Whirlpool for a second time to set an appointment to repair unit.
• Third party company Capital City Appliances came out to repair unit.
• May 22, 2019: I called Whirlpool a third time to repair oven and microwave unit. Associate recommended we turn appliance “off and turn back on” before we schedule another appointment.
• May 28, 2019: I called Whirlpool, but associates claimed all systems were down.
• May 29, 2019: I called Whirlpool to schedule an appointment.
• May 31, 2019: Whirlpool send third party company Capital City Appliances to repair machine; technician claims he can’t start working until we sign a waiver claiming that Capital City will not accept responsibility of technician damages appliance during repair. Technician did not repair anything during visit.
• May 31, 2019: I contacted PulteGroup; no answer and I left a voicemail.
• June 3, 2019: I once more contacted PulteGroup and no one answered

• June 5, 2019: PulteGroup returned my call and claimed appliance warranty goes through Whirlpool and PulteGroup will not take responsibility for waiver.

As of today, I am an unsatisfied customer whose warranty is not being upheld by the company who are responsible for installing the defective unit. PulteGroup ordered the equipment through Whirlpool for my brand-new home and are not taking the necessary steps to resolve the solution as the contractors of my home. Sincerely, Muhiyadin **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have lived in my current home (in Noblesville, Indiana) for over six years. In that time, I’ve had to take up carpentry, because the workers seemed more keen to pump houses out quicker, rather than taking time to check work and make quality homes.

In six years,

-The water heater has broken... twice.
-The kitchen island has come undone, revealing cheap plywood painted to look luxurious.
-The floors have weakened to the point of creaking.
-The ductwork has been described by professionals (plural) as “incompetent”.
-We’ve had to replace several drafty windows.
-The pantry door scrapes against the floor in the springtime because the wood expands.
-The carpet in the house buckles and folds as a result of excess material.
-The front and basement doors have been replaced to fix extreme draft.
-Our roof has sustained damage from relatively minor winds (10-15 mph).
-The siding grows bubbles every time it gets above 80°.
-The plumbing in the upstairs bathroom has clogged completely on no fewer than three occasions.

-And the central heating system is incapable of warming the house much higher than 55° in the winter.

I really want to like this house, mainly because of how spacious it is, but I think that repairs to the house have cost more than all of the furniture combined, in just 6 years.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Pulte Home in NJ. HVAC stopped working or did not work properly twice. Apparently the construction worker put debris in the pipes and the pipes had to be replaced. Bathroom ceiling leaked twice. Kitchen sink flooded. Broken window when I moved in. Promised to fix it during walk around. All of this in 17 months. All they kept telling me is the warranty is for one year. This was a newly built building. On top of that, I can hear footsteps of downstairs neighbor and when they talk. Horribly built homes. I am afraid of not being able to see the home or the value going down.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Design Center in Albuquerque put in wrong carpet name. I signed trusting the designer to have put in correct carpet name. I am now stuck with this carpet. They will not budge. In fact, design center does not bother to call and problem solve with me or offer any sense of customer service, rather she sends me an email and tells me I signed off on it and now it is mine. No respectful customer service at all. These people in general are not calling me back from corporate down to construction manager as well. I am supposed to show up to closing with a smile on my face? I caught this before final walk through. 1000$ upgrade. What is 1000$ to them to show respect and trust of customer?

Do not trust these people. They do not care about you. Many are cold and show little sense of customer respect. If you choose them, check everything on the sheet you sign off on at design center and any other document with every product face to face. They will not correct their mistakes. They also use DensShield to build your shower. This is a drywall product with a covering that can peel off. They put Schluter waterproof sheeting on top but any crack or hole, any place with nail hole that is not sealed and you have water going back into the drywall. This DensShield is behind the cultured marble sheets and same thing applies for chalking and if any leaks behind the shower.

Tract builders are moving to this because it is cheaper and lighter weight than concrete board. You are better off with concrete board that has no waterproofing than this system. They often do not use true professional tilers. So think about that. I do not trust them at all now. If they are going to act like this about a 1000$ upgrade then what else do they scrimp on.

Original review: May 28, 2019

We were told our lot would be almost flat by the sales rep Emily **. After the foundation was poured there was a 5 foot drop off the back porch. The sales manager Brooke ** slapped my hand three times during a meeting and told me that there is no negotiation. We got three quotes for a retaining wall which Pulte Homes refuses to pay for.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Purchased House in the Oxbow Development in Brooklyn Park MN. The overall house is good, Charlie was great to work with and he was amazing walking us thru the process. The Design Team was great to work with too. The carpet install on the other hand was extremely disappointing for the money we spent on the house. We did opt to not to upgrade the carpet, expecting at least 5 plus years of a quality look from the carpet. So, the expectations were low to begin with. We did Point out and note the flaws in the quality of the install during our inspection before closing and our 1 year follow up. We did come from a town home where “honeymooner” carpet was installed where the expectation is only a couple years. Hate to say it, but our little town home carpet lasted a lot longer than this stuff installed in our brand-new home.

First off, all the seams were visible from the first day we moved in and each were noted from the inspection. Pulte did their part and had the contractor come out to try to hide the seams, but a carpet rake is simply a cover up and not a fix. We were told on the second attempt they will have a specialized person fix the problem (infrared fix), but it was likely a carpet rake attempt to hide the flaw since all seams were visible short time after. Why the contractor would put two seams in a hallway is beyond me? Looks like they pieced the main upstairs hallway with scraps of the carpet that matched to avoid using one larger piece for the hallway.

Second, there were a ton of ripples all noted from the inspections. I get high traffic areas will show ripples. But to have it stretched and then a week later have the ripples show back up seems a little “off.” Questions came to mind like is there enough tacking holding the edges to keep the carpet stretched? Were there more corners cut by the contractor to “save money”? Why are the ripples showing so quickly after being stretched?

Recently, we put in to have the carpet stretched in with Pulte and been told it's now our problem to deal with. I get the timing is past our one-year warranty, but the issues were noted before the one year/initial inspection, the problems were attempted to be fixed and still we see the same result, poor craftsmanship. We do have an Oxbow Facebook page that numerous Pulte Home Owners have complained about their Carpet which tells me faulty craftsmanship’s vs. wear n tear. So, it is not just us with the issues.

I am person who understands the difference between” normal wear n tear” and bad install. Pulte is a recognized builder and the reason why we chose to go with them to build initially. When multiple people have spent close to half million dollars on a house in the neighborhood, but get carpet of this standard, I be very concerned on the image I was presenting to potential future home owners that are considering Pulte as their builder. I totally get that Pulte has contractors that they trust on their installs, but it is Pulte that ultimately puts their stamp of approval on their product. I hate to see a below average carpet install be used for quality issues for Pulte Homes. If anything, take a closer look at who installs the carpet.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We have discussed with Pulte Sales team about our new home siding color and mentioned to her which color we want for the siding, However construction team has put the other color siding which you do not like. However Pulte Sales person is saying that she do not remember that discussion where we discussed about the siding color. This is very unprofessional of Pulte Sales Team. I have also communicated with Pulte Director of Sales (Chicago area), but he is not of much help. This whole experience with Pulte Sales team is very bad and we were not expecting this from Pulte Homes. We want to change the siding with the color we like, but Pulte is not helping in fixing this issue.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The landscaping Pulte contracted, Hittle Landscaping, was allowed to plant a dead tree on my lot in 2018. Both sides claim no warranty on trees and shrubs. Pulte has said twice they would look into a replacement. Once I was told to stop making a issue of it. This is the second Del Webb community I have lived in and in retrospect I would not have purchased here this time.

Original review: May 20, 2019

For starters, they tried to go back on a lot of item before closing but we had documented everything, so they had to bid by their promises. After closing, it has been even worse. We moved in January of 2019, it is the middle of May and we still do not have a finish graded yard or sod laid. Keep in mind, other homes that sold after us has had this done. We have an egress window that has a claim in it since February and still is not fixed. I have reached out to any and every one that I am able to and still get no return calls or resolutions. The few times I did, just excuses with the items. Still not resolved. If my family and I could turn back time, this would be the last place to buy a home. Please beware and shop for a home somewhere else.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Well, let's see - where to begin... Light switches that are blow the fuses and are inconsistent throughout the house; flooring that buckles; paint spilled on carpets; ceilings in various rooms had to be re-mudded and painted (1 month into the new house) because they installed the drywall in a moist environment and sheet cracks/lines in every room; exposed nails under the lower window casings in every room; baseboards/crown moldings re-caulked due to extensive cracking; cabinet trim fell off; towel racks not installed level; ongoing issues with ALL appliances (stove top replaced; wine fridge didn't cool; main fridge/freezer ices up; dual ovens' clock loses date/time; DISHWASHER IS NEXT-everything stays wet regardless of the dry settings); tear in screen porch/replaced screen; replacing a door; carpet ripped; replaced trim at sliding doors/screen porch; some landscaping needs to be replaced, but they refused "not warrantied" - even Lowe's replaces dead plants; serious nail pops in EVERY ROOM; hole in Kitchen ceiling had been fixed, but it reappeared - caulking doesn't help.

There's more and more seems to come up every day. BE WARNED! We even hired an independent inspector-didn't matter; DW Nexton is a nice environment, but the construction values are THE PITS - all of this and we paid over $500k for the house! I would never recommend Pulte or DW Nexton to anyone.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We bought a new home in Sun City Peachtree in Griffin GA where did our first walkthrough on 04/12/2019. We were set to close on 04/19/2019. The house we were living in was to close on 04/26/2019. Pulte called us on 04/18/2019 at 2pm. We would not close on 04/19/2019 that it would be 04/24/2019 at 10am so we had a day and a half to move because Pulte failed to get a Certificate of Occupancy from the county. All we got from Pulte was sorry. At 71 years old moving was not an easy task. Just because of something so simple as a CO.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Updated on 50/16/2019: Pulte will promise you the world and as soon as you sign the line at the closing you're nothing. DO NOT BUY PULTE. Yes the houses look nice but look closer. Workmanship is bottom class. DO NOT listen to the promises. The warranty people are just as bad. We are still trying to get a crack in the ceiling fixed. They have tried to fix it 4 times now. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original Review: I bought a brand new house about a year and a half ago. We have had drainage issues in the yard and to repair the drainage issue. Pulte had the contractor plow a moat around the house and then laid sod and said you're all set. I have stucco cracks all over the house and they will not repair them because they are not 1/8 of an inch wide. This is because they lost a lawsuit recently. Everyone else in the community has had their stucco repaired regardless of the width of the crack.

We had uneven (not plumb) window openings. The shower instead of grouting it all they used silicon in all of the 90 degree angles. The ceiling is cracked from one wall to another and they have tried to repair it 3 times and it has cracked again. They came to replace a floor tile that had a blemish on it and I gave them a tile but yet they used white grout instead of bisque and told us to let it get dirty and that will fix it. Are you kidding me a brand new house... Pulte is a company I would suggest everyone to stay away from. I have been in construction for over 34 years... I should have known better. HACKS.

Original review: May 8, 2019

There are many small things I can live with and can work with to get it address sooner or later but roof is what I consider the most important aspect where I cannot have compromises. Worst experience with Builder, they did not offer any upgrades while buying the new home for roof options and installed the cheapest quality of roof available for chicago area. Till date May 2019 since we closed in December of 2018. They still keep talking about roof not getting adhering properly and they already had to come and fix my roof twice already and yet to solve my third problem.

Totally disappointed with the quality of workmanship and material used for roof. If known they would install 60 MPH tolerance rated shingles I would have definitely gone for a higher one considering we live in Chicagoland and this is kind of expected wind in this area. The reason they are getting away with this is because of location and people afraid to publicly rate them bad as they suspect to lower their property value which will be lowered eventually if they do not fix their issues in timely manner and I know for a fact that this is not the only issue with this community. If I can rate negative I would definitely give Negative 5 stars. See the pictures taken after four months of closing on the new home (March 19).

Original review: May 6, 2019

During 2017 Pulte was the builder I selected to build my townhouse in Mableton GA. After a year of living in my home I notice that my front porch stairs were cracking near the the railing post. This could be due to the hot summer or cold winters. I submitted the proper request online with pictures in December. I received a phone call and email that my work order had been requested and the brick company would come repair my stairs after it stop raining. I followed up a few weeks later in January and was told the brick company would come the following Monday. I followed up again a few weeks later in February, March, April and was told the same thing. The last email in April Pulte asked, Brad **, to do the repair. You guess it I didn’t hear anything so I did another follow up email in May. It’s May and the small cracks are big chunks of bricks.

Also turns out Brad ** didnt build my stairs just another brick company that Pulte ask to help. Fortunately, Brad ** was so professional and courteous to do Pulte a favor and look at my stairs???? Yes he just looked at the stairs. He won’t make any money off my repairs so I don’t even know why Pulte asked Brad **. I look at my stairs everyday! Pulte does send you an email that someone will stop by to fix it but that’s it. They will not repair anything after you move in! Find a different builder! Let me mention that Pulte is currently building about 20 townhomes in my neighborhood so I understand why there is no rush on my work order. The same company that built my stairs are working on the new townhomes!???

Original review: May 4, 2019

Good day, our home was built in the early to mid 2000s. We discovered a latent defect in the build. The chimney and fireplace system was built below stated building codes. The chimney was built right on top of the roof, without any support structure. Wood has been chipped away to make room for the flue which is approximately 2.5 inches from wood and insulation. There is no fire barrier. The weight of the chimney is sitting directly on the roof and will ultimately cave/collapse. Extended use of the fireplace will result in a catastrophic event. Experts have warned us “Not Safe To Use.” We absolutely cannot use the fireplace and should prepare for the roof the cave in at any time. We have contacted Pulte and will likely not wait longer than a week before getting the Action News reporters on this matter. Pulte is actively building all around us and others need to know what is going on here. We are so very afraid of our home now.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I purchased a new home from Pulte Group in Chesterfield, Missouri. The siding on my home is melting from thermal displacement. After contacting the company, they will not cover this defect under the home warranty. Others in my neighborhood are experiencing the same problem and this should be addressed by the builder.

They will not cover replacement because they "say" it doesn't fall under their warranty. Please protect yourself if you are considering building with Pulte and require that they install screens over the full window to prevent this from happening. They know it's a possibility, but they aren't taking any initiative to protect homeowners from it happening to future home buyers.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My Pulte home was built in 2006. Our cabinet doors all began to bubble and the laminate peeling up. Apparently this happened throughout the neighborhood and they gave us new cabinets doors. We had to have them installed ourselves. The. Those cabinet doors also began to peel and lift. We were then told they already replace them and it was our responsibility. Very disappointed. I was so proud of my new home and that was ruined. There are many other problems also. Drainage issues on the side yard, driveway in even. Cracks in stucco. The cabinet issue really drives me crazy though and is extremely expensive to fix.

Original review: April 29, 2019

At the time of our closing we were told that exterior stucco cracks would be covered under our 1 year warranty. This was a complete lie, at our 11 month walk through we were told that the cracks are no longer covered and that we would have to put in a claim via a 3rd party. Our warranty manager told us numerous times that the cracks would be fixed. We are still fighting this and our home has multiple exterior stucco cracks. We don't recommend Pulte Homes to anyone. So many workmanship issues.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We had a water leak and huge separation between the vaulted ceiling and the wall in the master bedroom in our new home, first owners, that Pulte never fixed, just painted over. Called several times to ask about repairing after it was painted and it was never taken care of. My son’s bedroom window has never sealed and formed ice and condensation, as have other windows; never repaired or helped. No returned calls. The quality of the workmanship and products used are so poor that they begin rotting and turning yellow after 1 year; oops warranty is up! I would run from a Pulte development if I were you.

Original review: April 28, 2019

A complete snake oil salesman business. They offer you a bunch of incentives so that you can eagerly close the deal with them. Once they take your deposit for a new home, it's over. They will try to work the incentive into your closing costs as much as possible by selling you an inflated rate, inflated points, inflated NON refundable rate lock charge.

My advice to you: take their non lender attached incentive and don't take their mortgage at all. You might lose the lender attached incentive but it just isn't worth it to fight tooth and nail against a scamming mortgage and builder company that wants to haggle every nickel and dime of your hard earned money. Their lenders will try to push you back and forth between them and the seller's agent leaving you hanging and making phone calls all the time.

They will promise to pay rate lock charges and all fees for closing costs as part of the incentives they give but blatantly refuse to give it to you at the time for closing the loan terms, despite there being terms in the sales agreement. They will make you fight for the money they promised to pay. The seller's closing costs. They will make you pay them as much as possible and change the agreement and make you sign it if you want the deal to go through. It's a criminal mafia company.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We are totally disappointed with Pulte builder!!! Their logo said "that they stayed behind their buildings" but that is totally fake! We have 2 years old house and until now we were accepted all the small things around! But now the siding started falling and they refuse to fix it! I call other company for opinion and they told me that the siding was not installed correctly by builder and there was not the correct nail size also! The contractor manager guy didn't wished to give me contact of any responsible person and his manager even! People if I could I should give -10 stars of this builder!

Original review: April 20, 2019

We built our 2nd home with Pulte in the reunion neighborhood and I wanna say this was the best process ever. We worked with Millie and Travis and they provided us with exceptional service. Travis always pays attention to detail and he is an intelligent, exceptional, honest and knowledgeable man. He always went above and beyond for me and my wife and we were always in the loop of what was happening. Millie made sure we had our designs right and recommended a lot things to us that we hadn't thought of. If I was to build a home again I wouldn't change a single thing and I would still do it with Pulte. We basically have the best house in our neighborhood and all our neighbors have great things to say about it. I know the comments are a little rough from other home owners but our experience was just the opposite of what everyone is saying which means the people with great reviews never post anything. Oh

Original review: April 15, 2019

We purchased our Pulte home in Arizona almost 2 years ago. Although we love the design of the house we are not happy with their sloppy work at all. The finish work is horrible we have had to fix so many things. They do an absolutely terrible job. The day we got our keys the house was a mess. Had not been cleaned at all and almost every cabinet door/drawer in our kitchen had to be replaced or fixed lots of scratches. The baseboard they do a terrible job on and the walls have many uneven areas where my husband has had to fix their sloppy job. We both said we love the design of the house but would never buy another Pulte house again due to all of this.

Original review: April 9, 2019

If you purchase a Pulte Home, be prepared to work as hard if not harder than Pulte employees to get the quality of home you anticipated. Attention to detail is lacking and quality is poor throughout our new home. Uneven floor tiles with sharp corners in the bathrooms. Sloppy paint throughout splattered on all of the carpets. Holes cut in sheetrock for outlets and light fixtures house is sloppy, half were cut uneven and too big and then poorly repaired. Loose handrails throughout were nailed to the walls. Trim, flooring and stair treads were cut short revealing gaps throughout our home.

Many areas were outfitted with stock material that was not appropriate or did not fit properly. The stringers on the stairs did not fit properly and all of the gaps were filled with caulk. Floors are uneven and squeak throughout our home. When master bedroom dresser was placed up against the wall, there is a 3/4” space at the bottom of the dresser between the dresser and the wall. At the top of the dresser, there is approximately a 1 1/2” gap due to uneven flooring.

In the kitchen, rust stains remained on the kitchen counter from cans with rusted bottoms being left during construction. A contractor was sent to remove the stains, he also removed the finish. When this was brought to the supervisors attention he stated he couldn’t see it, therefore it did not warrant any more attention. Two toilets as well as the master bathroom bathtub had rust stains that required a contractor to come and remove.

The master bathroom tub also had a significant amount of scratches which made me question whether or not it was from a dent and ding sale along with the windows as four windows have scratched glass. The master bathroom tub will never be used by us as its condition is questionable. There was a rusted ring around the top of the tub as if it were left full of rusty water for a significant amount of time. Air conditioning units were placed on the roof of these units in despite of the contractors advice not to. The units are loud and vibrate throughout the home.

We are pleased with the location of our home, the layout and most of the appliances and finishes. The downside is the quality of finishes and lack of detail by Pulte. Over the past six months we have placed a dozen or more tickets with Pulte in an attempt to have items repaired or addressed. I have sat home 4 days for repairs scheduled by Pulte where no one showed up. To date only half of the items on our list have been addressed. The most significant ones like a half inch gap at the top of the front door which allows heat and cool air to escape as well as pollen and insects to pass through have gone unaddressed. Gaps in mortar to exterior brickwork as well as cracked bricks have also gone unaddressed.

Needless to say, the time an energy which we have spent over the past six months attempting to hold Pulte accountable for their poor workmanship has been exhausting. My advice is do extensive research on Pulte’s reputation prior to making your decision to buy or build. If you decide to purchase a Pulte home, build new and be prepared to visit the worksite frequently to detect inferior workmanship early and attempt to have resolved. If you wait until the end you are guaranteed to be overwhelmed and disappointed. In speaking with my neighbors the majority have voiced their concerns of similar issues. Some have experienced issues which have been considerably worse than ours.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought my home 2 yrs ago. I have plumbing problems as we speak. I have no water. Cannot use bathroom. My pipes are full of mud and water, however the service manager Nicole does not care. The field manager Paxton does not answer your phone call. It took 1 yr for them to fix my upstairs window. Window was set in wrong and would not lock. If you want a new house please look somewhere else. Pulte Homes is garbage. They hire contractors that tell you how cheap they are so they cheat you. They use the cheapest material. Just know you will not get any service after the home is built. Plumbing is incorrect. Bad bad bad business.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I bought a new home in July 2017 and despite the many, many, revisions to the original work Pulte would call someone out to fix it and I would chalk it up to "settling". UNTIL, a year later my new dryer went out and I noticed a ton of water collecting in the dryer vent duct. I finally made them come out and discovered that they never removed the screen from the venting out of the roof and lint was matted like paper mache. The HVAC guy told me this happens ALL THE TIME! What the flip... They could have killed me and my 3 small children. I'll NEVER recommend Pulte.

Pulte Homes Company Information