Pulte Homes
1.18/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Pulte Homes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

159 Pulte Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My Realtor and I met with William ** the Sales Associate representing Pulte Homes in the River Crest sub-division in Tyrone, GA 30290, the evening of October 31st. What we thought was an agreed upon business transaction that evening has recently unraveled and turned into a "He said, They said misunderstanding/miscommunication"

To add some context, my Realtor and I made it very clear and upfront to William that I'm working with a relocation company and HAVE to use the lender they provided me "Sirva Mortgage". Also, we made it clear that the home I'm selling in Michigan is currently under contract to be sold December 6th, in which I would want our agreement contingent upon the closing of my home. William said this is not a problem and he'll note it in the addendum, in which he did in fact include this and we are in agreement "all good in regards to this".

My Realtor and I then asked about the $7.5k Pulte incentive towards the closing cost program, William said "Yes, this applies only if you use Pulte Mortgage for your lender." I pointed out to him "again" that I won't be able to take advantage of that incentive because I have to use the lender through my relocation package. He said "Well let me look into this as we may be able to work something out". He then made a call to his Boss to see what we can work out. He proceeded to step out of the office for ~ 5 minutes and came back into the office in which my Realtor and I were waiting.

He said "I spoke with my Boss and it's not going to be a problem, we can do both things, 1) have the addendum state the close of this home is contingent upon the close of your Michigan home. 2) Pulte Mortgage and Sirva Mortgage will work together on ironing out the $7.5k incentive, in which you could use towards appliances, fans, light fixtures and HOA cost if you would like." My Realtor said, "That sounds great, but how is that going to work? We want to make sure we in fact will receive the incentive etc..." William said, "It won't be a problem, I'm making notes here in my system and also I will put it in the addendum and send that out to you later this evening (this part was not in the addendum that was distributed)."

My next question was is the home price negotiable, in which he said NO! As they recently lowered the price of the home and this would hurt the other home comps in the sub-division. I was alright with that since I would be getting the $7.5k incentive towards appliances, HOA etc... Deal was in place, William proceeded to update the contract for our signatures. Again, I noticed on one of the pages regarding the $7.5k incentive, it said it was through using Pulte Mortgage. I asked AGAIN why does this say Pulte Mortgage as I will not be using them! He said, "No it's fine. We have to put it in the contract that way, we will get that straightened out between Pulte and Sirva as we get closer to closing on the house."

Step ahead to Nov 9th and now William is saying there must have been a misunderstanding/miscommunication in regards to the $7.5k incentive and I have to use Pulte Mortgage! My Realtor and I are in shock after the 2.5+ hours we spent with William the evening of Oct 31st with both of us on NUMEROUS occasions stating I'm not using Pulte Mortgage, how is this going to work? During that evening, keep in mind, William was on his phone, texting, taking calls, worrying about trick or treat with his Fiancé etc... (Needless to say, some distractions were in place).

Regardless, I still don't understand how he is now saying it was a misunderstanding? My accredited Realtor and I could not have made the point any more clear for him and we both questioned it multiple times throughout the business transaction. It's not like this is a mere $750 misunderstanding (if it was $750, I would be a little upset but definitely more palatable to handle), however that is not the case, this is now in fact a $7,500 issue.

As we move forward and my Wife and I become the future homeowners of this home, we have and will have a VERY BITTER taste in our mouth of what has recently transpired. The salesperson William is now saying he wouldn't hesitate to cancel the deal if we don't want to pursue, due to the misunderstanding. He is not trying to apologize, not trying to amend the situation, nor offer anything for the misunderstanding. Instead he is getting defensive and turning the entire thing around on my Realtor and I. If you are in the Georgia area please be aware when you meet with this salesperson and make sure everything is written in your contract. Whatever the salesperson tells you make sure to let him write it down.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased my home in the Del Webb community at Sun City in Georgetown, TX at the end of May 2018. We really liked the Sun City Resort atmosphere and being close to retirement thought it the perfect location. We had issues with the new Pulte house before closing and we worked with Steve and Josh the project construction managers for the build of our home. Steve didn’t seem to care about correcting any issues and in fact made excuses for the poor construction standards used by Pulte/Del Webb. Josh was new and seemed like he wanted to help with issues, but was shut down by Steve the senior project manager on every issue.

This is just a few of the issues that we had prior to closing. The holes for the outlet and switch boxes looked like they were made by a hammer rather than a drywall saw. The marble shower seat looked like it was cut out by someone using a saw for the first time. The ceiling in the kitchen had a patch over the kitchen island. The oil rubbed bronze hinges throughout the house were painted over with white trim paint. The rear door had chrome hinges rather than oil rubbed as required by the contract. The electric panel door would not stay closed. The fire door leading to the garage would not latch. We worked as best as we could with the 2 alleged project managers Steve and Josh and they assured us the issues we had found would be corrected by our next walk through day, what they called “celebration day”.

On the next walkthrough they had not touched the patch on the ceiling in the kitchen and the hinges were still painted and the hinge on the back door still the wrong color. We were told by Steve they couldn’t get oil rubbed hinges for the exterior door and they had cleaners coming to remove the paint from the hinges as well as the hardwood floors which now had paint on them as well. We should have stopped the closing on the house at that point, but they had promised to get everything fixed by closing. After closing we started looking around and found rather than fixing things, they actually tried to hide the issues. The ceiling still looked like a giant patch in the kitchen ceiling, warranty sent someone out to fix it, but still it looks like a patch on a brand-new ceiling.

The hinges were still covered with paint, we had to have them replaced under warranty. The hinge on the rear door was also traded out under warranty for the correct color. We found that to fix the large holes around each outlet and switch they had filled them with caulk and painted over the caulk and plate covers, we went through and removed each outlet and switch plate and cleaned them and I fixed the holes properly. Next, we found a screw coming out the front of the sink cabinet from the inside so that the sharp screw was facing out, again warranty had to send someone out to remove the kitchen sink in order to remove the screw. I had to replace the plumbing under the sink because they couldn’t seem to schedule anyone to come out to do the job.

In total we have had warranty send out 28 repairmen to fix various issues throughout the home. We have also had 9 no shows from repairmen that were scheduled, but never bothered to show up or even call to say they couldn’t make it to the house. I would not buy a Pulte/Del Webb home at Sun City if I had it to do over again. The customer service, workmanship, and finished home product is not worth the money or the issues. There are plenty of other retirement communities in the area to choose from and who knows maybe their homes are worth owning.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Pulte build 82 condominiums. All the end units kitchen sinks water freezes as soon the temperature drops. Every house has to leave the water running all night so it does not freeze. Pulte should have researched New Jersey weather before they started building the neighborhood.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

This review is for salesperson - Dustin ** Pulte Homes. Dustin is one of the worst salesperson to deal with for any new home purchase with Pulte Homes. He is not at all helpful and all his commitments are baseless. Recently I purchased a new home in Star Key Ranch, Florida, Before closing, I was planning an international trip to which he agreed and made me sure that closing date will fall after trip. During my trip, I got an email from Pulte group that closing date cannot be pushed and it must be done immediately. I tried contacting Dustin over email/phone/text – No Answer. They made me travel 28 Hrs one way for Closing and Dustin never came forward about his commitments. He does not care for his customers and always rude and arrogant in his communication. PLS DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON AND PLS TAKE EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The problems with Del Webb started almost from the moment the home was built. The ceiling in our home in every room was painted horribly. The carpet in the master bedroom is splitting apart. The construction crew ruined our new hardwood floors and did a terrible job of trying to repair them. The kitchen cabinets are already pulling away from the ceiling. One of the kitchen cabinet doors had to be replaced because you could tell on one side a mallet or hammer was used to put it in place and the whole side was pitted. You could feel the damage on the side of the cabinet.

The shower doors in the master bath were not put in place correctly. It took months to get someone in to repair them. The kitchen drawers which are supposed to be soft closing do not work properly and had to be repaired. Prior to signing our contract the countertop in the bathroom had to be replaced because they were scratched like someone used a knife on it. The gutters in the front of the home had to be replaced and correctly attached to post in front of the home. This should have been caught by the head contractor during the home inspection and was not.

The cleaning people Pulte hired to clean this home prior to contract signing did a terrible job. All they did was shuffle the dirt around that the contractors left behind. The HOA here in Del Webb does not obey the covenants they established and they do not clear snow like they should. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IN THE DEL WEBB COMMUNITY unless you want a poorly built home and an HOA that does not care about its residents yet asks for your money or else they will put a ding on your credit report.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We bought a new home because I didn’t want to deal with incessant repairs on an older home. A new Pulte home is nothing but constant repairs due to poor quality and workmanship. Roof leaks, fractured trusses, missing shower membranes, horrible sheetrock walls, stormwater runoff issues, missing insulation, under-spec HVAC, settling doors, delaminating flooring, and that damnable HOA. Why hasn’t a class action lawsuit put this company in the boneyard?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We were so excited to build our first home. Then right off the bat Pulte submitted the wrong permits causing a two month delay. They only offered a measly $2,000 for the delay (less than one month's rent) on a nearly $500,000 home. They preferred we walk away so they could sell it for more. We unfortunately had our hearts set on everything we selected so we decided to stay. At our pre-drywall walkthrough they FOUGHT us on the outlets and rough ins we selected telling us they wouldn’t fix mistakes and that we would have to cut through our walls for rough ins we were paying them to install. Then told us two months before closing all our interior selections were discontinued.

We were told that we could make no changes because they ordered all the material the day we made selections. If this was true where did our interior selections go? We were only offered one day to make a new choice by looking at online pictures with no chance to even go to a studio to re-select options unless we took time off of work to do it, which we were unable to do with no notice. Absolutely awful company. I recommend never building a home with them. They are scam artists and should all be put in jail. STAY AWAY! Find a legitimate builder if you want a home.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

They are great until you sign on the dotted line. I had a few warranty issues that I have been trying to get fixed. This process has been going on for about 3 months. Now I Can't get a hold of anybody and no one will return my calls. There seems to be a lot of turnover and confusion.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Customer Care is nonexistent! If you cannot be nearby throughout the building process, do not buy here! The construction issues will come back to haunt you and will not be taken care of after closing. You will receive promises, but we have learned the hard way everything needs to be written down and have whoever is giving you that information sign it. Windows were not put in, painting is sloppy at best, landscaping completed in the middle of winter and half the lawn needed replacing, poor quality garbage disposal, lack of communication with your schedule IF contractors are arranged to complete work, carpeting continues to gap from wall after being "fixed", cracks in the wall when windows were put in, sagging roof, to name a few issues.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We recently did a new construction with Pulte and had problems from the beginning, however they take a huge deposit (30K) and will not give it back after 10 days. Once they have you they use the size of the company to push you around into decisions you would not agree to in other situations. On top of that they deliver extremely poor quality, I have no straight walls in my house, my floor is undulating and my brick looks like it has a disease. The arrogant Pulte rep even had the arrogance to tell me, "the C squad builds the home, the B squad fixes the mistakes and the A squad fixes the B squad's mistakes". Who wants the C squad to build the structure of your home?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

When I first purchased a Pulte home, admittedly I was young and should have investigated more into this company. Had I seen these reviews on this site before signing my contract, I would have immediately looked elsewhere. What everyone is saying on this site follows in line with my complaints. The house is essentially falling apart, and although there is a 10-year building warranty, Pulte refuses to follow it and they claim everything is out of warranty so any repairs needing to be done will have to be out of pocket. Pulte is nothing but a large group of scammers who will lie to you, take your money, run away, and not think twice about it. They are the most useless group of individuals that I have ever had the displeasure of working with, and unfortunately I will have to get a lawyer involved in this situation.

Pulte is far more style over substance; they will sell you a home that is pleasing to the eye, but beware-you can even make a pile of garbage look great if you throw a nice tablecloth over it-and that's basically what these homes are, piles of garbage. If you have no problem with poor construction, cheap materials, cheap labor, unanswered questions, scams, dealing with incompetence, and just generally unfair practices, then Pulte is the way to go. However, if you enjoy your sanity and would like to live in a quality home of substance, I advise you to look anywhere else other than Pulte. A child's dollhouse would probably hold up better than these places. I am happy that I have already guided several people away from Pulte who were considering buying homes in my neighborhood. I wish I had the same warning before purchasing this house that seems like it was built by a few 12-year olds. Let Pulte keep the house and you may keep your sanity.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had hidden receptacles, hidden wall switches behind drywall, reverse polarity on receptacles. A rebar driven through the p trap in the shower. Trap would not hold water, so I was getting sewer gas in the house. Horrible paint job. Looks like they ran the roller over the dirty floor then up the wall. All the door hinges were covered in paint. Cheap kitchen cabinets. Bad tile job. Must have used a $2 level. Out of level by 1/2 " in four feet. Had a storm come through while the house was drywalled... They left the windows open...soaking the inside of the house. Now I am fighting mold problems. The foremen probably never leave the trailer. Too much work to get their fat...off the chair. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We purchased a Pulte home 7 years ago. Recently we had a severe leak behind the master bath shower. Clear evidence that a drywall screw had penetrated the hot water line but took a while to rust away allowing a leak to develop. Granted the warranty for such poor workmanship had expired but Pulte didn’t feel at all obligated to assist when this was clearly not a wear and tear issue and certainly not an owner abuse or misuse situation but an embarrassing mistake on their part. Too bad, we were just looking at upgrading to a larger home but Pulte will no longer be on our list of new home builders to consider.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I first met Pulte in Arizona. Eric ** was the agent on site. Dealing with Eric was a wonderful experience - He addressed every question I had with clear honest answers - I verified the answers independently. He, Eric, spent a great deal of time with me - both in showing me the houses and afterward over the weeks I was searching other properties. Pulte Quality and Eric are the reasons I picked Pulte as my future home builder - I bought a Starwood Model.

Next was Pulte Mortgage - Fredrick, I won't put Fredrick's last name here as he is not in the public eye, sufficed to say he is a little brother - he will understand this comment. Fredrick's calmness, clarity, knowledge, and honesty were very impressive. He was the poor individual who had to walk me thru the mortgage process - not that Pulte made this difficult, it is just I am very very geeky - Being a computer/IT tech - I sit in front of my PC looking up everything and thus generating many more questions. Fredrick in a very professional and calm knowledgeable fashion helped me thru all my questions and with the gathering of the documentation I needed.

Now we get to Leslie ** the Design Center expert - who did something to somebody - to get stuck with me. Leslie walked me and my real estate Agent (Johannes **- Caldwell Banker), through the entire process - offering many options and informed commentary as to choices and how they would work or not work together. Being a geek as I stated - had this been left to me alone - well I still wear a pocket protector with a suit and tie carrying many pens and pencils in that pocket - need I say more.

Now I have been passed on to poor Cassie - Pulte mortgage - Cassie must be an angel assigned to earth to protect animals and really needed Geeks. Cassie has to check and recheck everything - get every extra document or answer that Underwriting needs. She does not insist that I get it. She asks if she can contact whoever and obtain it where possible. If she can't for some reason do that she helps me step by step to successfully obtain the document or answer needed.

Now let's talk Pulte Homeowners Insurance, not only are they rated well but the service is just as superb as the rest of Pulte's services. They not only got me Homeowners Insurance for about $400.00 less than my current agent could apples to apples but got my car insurance for $280.00 less every 6 months than my current agent could, again apples to apples comparison.

So how do I rate Pulte 10 out of 10 in every category I have had to deal with them in. If you are looking for a home new or used contact Pulte - In my opinion and experience, you won't be sorry. OH and yes I read many reviews of Pulte - some good and some bad - But in my case I experienced none of the bad described. Not a single negative experience. The Pulte staff I don't think can say I was so well organized or as professional and as much of a pleasure to deal with as I found them to be. Go Pulte - and thank you for a wonderful house buying experience.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

While I've been generally happy with my home, the defects have been annoying and Pulte post sales support is virtually nonexistent. They offer post sales in 2 ways. 1) The site foreman may offer to address issues if the team is still in site once you move in (often there is still work being done on the site when you move in). The site foreman emphasizes the survey you fill out upon taking your keys. But once you give a positive survey response they seem to disappear. 2) Pulte customer service may or may not be useful. They will funnel you to their contractors who manage repair appointments. This has been a terrible experience where I’ve waited 6 - 8 months for basic things like paint touch up, tile repair and floor repair. I’ve had 2 no shows on booked appointments, and no follow up is their default action based on my experience. So if you don’t mind terrible post sales support, Pulte is OK.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought my first Pulte home 15 years ago and it was awesome. The quality was exceptional. I recently bought my second Pulte home and it is turkey regrettable. The quality is horrendous. The gnoses to build with 3/4 inch drywall, now it is 1/2 inch. Paper thin. It has been four months this and I can’t get one thing fixed on this house. They used to use the beat windows on the market. These windows are the cheapest they make. They used to use the best top rated cabinets, now, the worst quality ever. Very very sad that they ruined a good thing. Can’t wait to get rid of this piece of trash.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We are really upset to see that a construction error Pulte's crew made 10 years ago just got exposed and caused major water leak in our kitchen and basement. It was completely avoidable if the code was followed and inspection was done properly. And clearly it was a construction defect! We are not talking about normal wear and tear problems. The whole family have unknowingly lived in an mold environment for extended period of time till now! And all we got from the local office is to contact reputable contractors and our insurance as the house warranty expired! Is this how Pulte stands for their customers? How is this ANY different than automobile's manufacturing defects that are honored even after manufacture warranty?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I bought my home three years ago from John Wieland, which is now owned by Pulte. I recently had my routine septic tank maintenance. It is a new septic tank only 3 yrs old. The technicians told me the drain file pipe was never glued and it was about to come apart. Luckily, they caught in time. (I verified this by actually looking myself.) I paid the cost out of my pocket for the pipe to be fixed.

I then went to the warranty dept for Pulte to get this rectified. Pulte answered that because I did not give them a chance to investigate the issue, they would not reimburse me. I told them this was a septic issue, and while I might wait two weeks for a light fixture or a leaky sink. I do not want to take any chance with a septic tank for obvious reasons. They brushed me aside afterwards with an excuse about warranty coverage. My house is only three years old. In the words of Trump, Pulte should be embarrassed and ashamed. It is a terrible company and terrible to the customers!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

In closing on our home many things were left not fixed. We were told to close and Pulte would take care in getting repairs completed immediately. Over 4 months later we still are waiting. What a scam!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

If you want to overpay for a home with issues front to back this is the place to do it. Purchased a home in Las Soleras in Santa Fe NM. We have had nothing but issues with it since they hastily pushed us into the home. Stucco cracking wall to wall, foundation cracking, roof leaking, mold inside home, windows and doors of the cheapest most leaking, not closing design possible. Electrical issues taped and hid, mold issues attempted the same. My home has a moldy hole in it as we speak in my kitchen. I feel we have been taken advantage of by overpaying for our home and having Pulte use the cheapest labor possible. I have only had one sublet come into my home with a proper sign on their vehicle. And there have been lots of people in my home putting band aides throughout.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

When I read the reviews as a national builder there are supposed to be some negative reviews, but it is not about one frustrated homeowner with some issue, but it is the whole operation model of Pulte is flawed. As any builder Pulte employ different trades (companies) to do the work, there is nothing wrong with it. No builder can do all the things by his own, but they take the ownership. But Pulte won't, once you finish closing the house they will take your money and start telling you to deal with the trades directly which is so frustrating, which trade will take it seriously when you didn't employ them to support you for issues. So you can't do anything but find a builder who can take sole responsibility and not tell you to talk to multiple trades for issues.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Our roof leaked the first week we moved in. They said the guy who did our shingles didn’t do it right. All the houses he did have issues with their roof. At that time they did something and we didn’t have heavy rain until now. It's leaking again. Now they are saying we don’t have enough gutters. And since it’s been over a year they won’t fix it. They are saying that our houses can’t handle this type of rain. I didn’t realize the house I built was a playhouse. Roof is just one issue. I could write a book about this builder and their customer service. So if you haven’t closed on a Pulte home... DON’T DO. IT IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFETIME...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

If I knew that only the quality of work done by the subcontractors in the model homes was stellar I would not have built a home with them. The painters, carpet layers, tilers, trim crew, drywall crew, landscaping crew and on and on were a disgrace. I have opened a million tickets but am so aggravated at the sheer carelessness of the subs just cranking out these homes.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Pulte Homes deceived all of Vista Bella neighborhood by not disclosing their plans to build a commercial building adjacent to the entrance of our community. They misrepresented us and told the buyer that we approve of plans to build in our neighborhood. This will cause a traffic nightmare and destroy a greenbelt that many houses live near. Instead they will now have a parking lot as their view.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Purchased a "high-end" home less than 18 months ago. Purchase price was in top 1% of their homes in IN. A gift to my family after enduring 2 bouts of cancer and finally reaching cure. We have had over 100 warranty claims including 3 code violations for insulation missing or not meeting state specifications. Each step of the process has been difficult. Poorly trained sales people, inexperienced or poor quality subcontractors, over-extended field supervisors. Fireplace not properly installed/insulated. Spent most of the winter with interior temps ~40 degrees F in family room. Master shower has had to he rebuilt 3 times.

Extremely poor craftsmanship in trim carpentry, dry wall, carpet/flooring. Front door had to be replaced. Not properly installed. Now facing $50k+ in replacing windows. They installed the lowest quality builder grade windows. We have been told our "expectations are too high" by one of the local leadership team members. There are almost 6000 finished sq feet of home. It was built in less than 4 months. Complete disappointment.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We moved into our Pulte townhome about 5 months ago. We have had many warranty claim issues including clogged water line from washer which caused a flood, broken pantry closet door, glue on kitchen countertop, scratched floors, squeaky floors, and a front door lock that was not keyed correctly among other things. Most of these issues have been taken care of. The one that makes me the most angry is the gutter system on the home. It overflows when it rains and Pulte will not do anything about it. Their answer was that this was the design and that was that. No correction would be made. I argued that this was an issue that a homeowner could not know about until we lived there awhile. The response was the same. If you consider buying any type of Pulte built dwelling, have a thorough inspection. Also if you are building the home, watch them closely from ground up!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We own a 22-month old Pinnacle w/Loft in Sarasota. Two months ago the Loft mechanical room had mold in the ceiling and condensation from the duct. Also, it smelled of mildew. We did not contact Pulte because of other unresolved quality issues including defective driveway pavers and scratched impact glass. What we found is a mold infested Loft HVAC unit and improperly installed ductwork which led to moisture and humidity. When Pulte was notified, their legal reply stated mold is not warrantied. In addition, they stated since an outside contractor was used to review the improperly installed work (meaning we were to bring back the company that somehow passed shoddy work through Pulte inspection), the HVAC unit warranty became invalid.

At our expense, we have replaced the mold/rusty 22-month old HVAC unit and sealed/repaired all duct work. Furthermore, Pulte engineers decided a Florida home does not need a dehumidifier. We installed a dehumidifier which is needed in high humidity environments. Altogether, we have spent thousands of dollars to repair/replace cheap, shoddy workmanship, equipment and design. Pulte's go-to is to cite a lengthy contract and position themselves with legalize. Pulte is a shameless company not interested in doing what is right.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Per our conversation on August 24, 2018, about the wiring in my new home, you stated, “Pulte would take full responsibility for any mistakes made.” In addition, you committed to investigating point by point the steps are taken, pursuant to my contract, regarding no offer for low voltage service, etc. After speaking with several other homeowners, who started their building process during the same period as I did, I realized that I had not been provided the same service opportunity given them to address major concerns with Phoenix, a contracted consulting service. During the select option building phase, Kallia offered me only the wiring option for a speaker and intercom system. She never advised me to meet with a professional company, like Phoenix, to discuss wiring issues during the appropriate building phase.

I have been patiently waiting for almost a month to have this urgent problem addressed. My realtor and I reviewed my contract and addendums, and request through this mean, an explanation for the lack of reference and consultation with Phoenix. As background information, the Pulte Group built my home on **. I was involved in the process from its groundbreaking to the closing on August 09, 2018. I made on-site trips and many phone calls to keep abreast of the construction. On August 24, 2018, AT&T personnel informed me that they could not provide cable service to my home because the media center plus cable outlet in the master bedroom for which I paid three hundred and forty dollars ($340) serves no purpose.

The cable line installed by Pulte is outdated and no longer used by AT&T, which uses CAT 5/6 cable and/or coaxial cables to connect the latest equipment/devices. Additionally, the other cable companies do not use the outdate-installed cable either. Therefore, the outdated/obsolete cable installed throughout my dwelling, gathering room and master bedroom are of no use and therefore a waste. Attached is a copy of my contract and work order option with highlighted areas pertaining to this matter. To reiterate, at no time during my building process was I made aware of any opportunity to consult with Phoenix services which Pulte contracted for consultation with new homeowners during construction.

I was never given an opportunity to discuss with Phoenix guidance regarding an alarm system installation, home theater surround system, surveillance cameras, and/or network infrastructure. I missed a major opportunity in the building process due to the Pulte Group’s lack of information, guidance, and due diligence. The only solution to this problem is for Pulte to do what’s right and provide immediate and adequate assistance to resolve the wiring situation by rewiring my house with appropriate, up-to-date wiring materials. This lack of appropriate wiring is a pressing matter. To date, I cannot have installed any cable service. I look forward to your expeditious handling of this matter. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Recently bought a four year old Pulte home in Fort Worth, TX. In just over a month, have plumbing problems and currently have no air conditioning. Found out from neighbors they install such low grade parts, that they fail almost immediately. The entire neighborhood has failing air conditioners...costs of $2K to fix. Stay away from this predatory company. Lawsuits are pending against them from just this neighborhood.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought a new home built by Pulte 4 years ago, and I made yearly inspect and found out that's an exterior caulking joint separation on the upper siding near the roof. First year, garage surface concrete was cracked and porch in my backyard was cracked but Pulte told us that cracks weren't big enough for them to repair. However, exterior caulking joint separation is a concerned. I'm not recommending this builder. Please avoid.

Pulte Homes Company Information