Pulte Homes

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Beware of Del ** in SW Florida. The management is non-responsive to homeowners. This is especially important to retirees since amenities and activities are important. They could care less what you think once you buy here.

I have bought a house built by Pulte in 1995. Not sure what were the building code then, but I am sure they will not be this BAD. Few days back a chipmunk made a small hole in my vinyl siding of the house. I tried to replace the piece of it by myself. When I took the bad piece out, I was shocked to see that between outer vinyl siding and inner drywall, there is absolutely no insulation of ANY kind. I could directly see the exposed wires and drywall. I tried to inspect few other location and outcome is exactly same!! This explained lot of the issues we are facing in the house. Summer it's way too hot and winter are way too cold due to insulation or lack of it. Only option I have is to replace the siding and get the insulation around the house!! And it will cost lot of money.

I am currently under contract to purchase a new construction townhouse in the Vinings (Atlanta) GA area. I desperately want out of my contract after I discovered (note the "I discovered" as I had to point it out to the builder) a large VERTICAL crack in my slab foundation. The crack first appeared in the kitchen area and ran horizontally from there extending through the breakfast area and the builder filled this area in. The crack then spread out running under the friend door creating and revealing a vertical crack that runs all the way thru my foundation slab into the ground. It then continued to spread horizontally thru the entire first concrete slab of the patio. Please see the attached photographs.

The builder has only agreed to replace the concrete slab of the patio and offers NOTHING in the way of ANY repair to the crack in the foundation. The structural engineer that Pulte uses does not specifically address the vertical crack in the foundation but goes on to state that it is simply concrete shrinkage and poses no problem, therefore Pulte says they will do nothing to remediate the issue. I am stuck at this point and have decided to hire an independent structural engineer to come in and assess the damage. I would love to walk way from this nightmare but Pulte is holding my $19,000 deposit. This is a disaster. Pulte will tell you everything about how they stand behind their product before you buy, but my experience is proof that once they have your money they are done with that noble ideal.

I am currently in the late stages of building a home with Pulte. If it were not for the large non-refundable deposit I would consider walking away from this project. Many things were either promised to us or told incorrectly before the deposit and build contract were signed. After contract many things we were told either increased in price or were not offered. Thousands in option fees were added to the cost after signing and even though we had proof of the agent telling us one thing and changing her word both her manager and corporate executives didn't care to help. The area general manager is very rude and admitted that his agent may have not told the truth but there is nothing we can do. His offer of a resolution was for us to remove options that we did not want to pay the new increased price for. We are now one month away from closing and still having issues.

Large trees were torn down for construction behind our house exposing an apartment complex as our view from 1st and second floor, no privacy. We were told in writing by two agents that large trees would be transplanted to cover the view before closing. This has not been done and agent said since this is not on purchase agreement it will not be done, even though the trees were torn out after agreement was signed... Once again Pulte told us what we wanted to hear, knowing that our hands would be tied once promises were not followed through. This builder cares only about making a profit and not about the experience of its buyers. Do not trust this company. Our home building experience has become a nightmare and headache. I wish I could back out now and not lose the deposit.

In briefest terms (no time to get in to how awful Pulte homes and Del Webb Nocatee are in general), after I was foolish enough to put a binder down on a house after being given huge incentives by Pulte and being led by an unscrupulous realtor who was supposed to be helping me, I requested a transfer of property. I knew I'd be totally unhappy in that house. It was smaller than it looked while being finished, was dark, closed in feeling. Plus I was realizing how much I did not want to be in Del Webb - as even my doctor said, "Why are you there? You're too young for that and they're almost all married couple" Turned out to be totally true - the community should be 70+, not 55+. The houses are cookie-cutter, overpriced. After requesting a transfer I received a letter stating I could transfer to another Pulte property in the Northern Division of Florida and I had until 11/25.

I was thrilled thinking I'd able to move into a townhome community that Pulte had that I was much better suited for.... but their people (and they're very rude and condescending!!!) said oh no, it has to be in Del Webb. I said no where in that letter did it say Del Webb. Supposedly that was to be inferred?!! And they told me I had to come in the next day, which was a week before 11/25 which was specifically stated. I had to desperately get a home, essentially homeless at this point, I'd been getting sick from stress, had all kinds of personal losses in my life and so finally said okay I'll just go ahead - at least it can be an investment that I can leave fairly quickly and get equity back because of the Nocatee location. But, I so wish I'd been able to afford a lawyer at that time and that I hadn't felt so pushed to go in the next day.

Overall, I recognize my total stupidity in dealing with these people, as well as my evil realtor, to start with... But still was mistreated. I wrote letters to the Corporate Office telling them the letter had been dishonoured. They sent it to Customer Service (these people must be the least intelligent they could find)... They never addressed what I was saying about the letter. Instead just kept saying the decision was made by the offices in Florida. I still would love to be able to fight this - I lost over $20,000 getting out of that awful house and that awful community, plus new closing costs and moving costs.

I, also, ended up in the hospital with a life-threatening illness from stress. And I'm still suffering depression. I am a retired educator and had to really work hard and scrimp for what I had. If there's a lawyer who could represent me pro bono and fight them for damages they caused by not following the letter I'd certainly want to do that I would have been perfectly content to go into one of the Pulte townhouses (as it seemed to me I should have been allowed to do) and then wouldn't have lost my money and would not have suffered physically and emotional from all this!

I was thrilled thinking I'd able to move into a townhome community that Pulte had that I was much better suited for.... but their people (and they're very rude and condescending!!!) said oh no, it has to be in Del Webb. I said nowhere in that letter did it say Del Webb. Supposedly that was to be inferred?!! And they told me I had to come in the next day, which was a week before 11/25 which was specifically stated. I had to desperately get a home, essentially homeless at this point, I'd been getting sick from stress, had all kinds of personal losses in my life and so finally said okay I'll just go ahead - at least it can be an investment that I can leave fairly quickly and get equity back because of the Nocatee location. But, I so wish I'd been able to afford a lawyer at that time and that I hadn't felt so pushed to go in the next day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

We purchased our Pulte home in October 2010 from individual sellers. It was beautiful, the majority of it was covered in fresh paint and was seemingly perfect. During our first winter we began to notice cracks in the drywall in numerous places. Also, there were a couple of spots where the tiles had cracked on the first floor. Since this was a newer house we were not too concerned because we believed this was normal as the house “settled.” We used drywall spackling to fill the cracks and painted to conceal the areas. We also paid to have the tiles replaced. When the cracked tiles were removed we could see the concrete underneath was cracked. We purchased material to be placed under the tiles which was supposed to prevent the tiles from cracking again. Unfortunately, this did not work and within a few months the tiles cracked again.

Over the next year we were devastated as things began to literally fall apart. This consisted of: floor tiles cracking, numerous “hollow floor tiles”, walls cracking, trusses pressing down on ceilings causing impressions, basketball sized sink holes in the yard, floorboards under the carpet coming up, multiple windows that will not fully close as well as 8 out of the 13 doors that would not open/close. It was getting so bad we were actually concerned about being able to exit the house during an emergency. Because the door frames are collapsing and are no longer square, we have had to repeatedly use a tool to shave the top of the doors off in order to allow the doors to open and close properly.

It appears this will never end because as time passes this problem is continually getting worse. The damage to the door frames, molding and drywall is now so severe that we are no longer able to cover it with spackle and paint and we can only shave so much off the doors. We have had to shave so much material off the top of the doors that they look incredibly crooked, but when you have a party, the guests need to be able to shut the bathroom doors.

After becoming concerned with the structural integrity of our home, we called Pulte and spoke to a female representative. After learning that we had not purchased the house directly from Pulte, she wanted to update the homeowner information. After providing our information we explained the problems we were experiencing with our house. At this time we simply wanted someone to look at our house to tell us if this was normal. However, no matter what problem was described, she refused to have anyone respond to examine our house and explained that Pulte was no longer responsible because the warranty had expired.

My wife cut her foot (thankfully only once) on a cracked tile, so we now put heavy packing tape over the cracks when they appear. We also found the packing tape helps prevent vacuuming up the shards of broken tile which causes an ugly gaping crack… not that the packing tape holding the tiles together is very attractive. We also have learned to avoid walking in certain spots in our kitchen to prevent further damage to the “hollow” tiles.

This house represents our life’s savings. We are extremely concerned about how this will affect the value of our house. Why would anyone pay any amount of money for this house if it will continue to deteriorate? We are very disappointed that the appropriate steps were not taken initially to prevent this kind of destruction.

Street and driveway have had to be crushed and redone 3 times. Total incompetence!

I became interested in the Pulte Homes early 2015 as I was interested in building my home in Las Vegas, NV and closed on Oct. 31, 2015. It is now August 2016 and due to the one-year warranty on the home after closing, I wanted to be sure to have anything fixed which seemed to need repairing. I noticed that the hood over my stove was not flush against the wall or the ceiling. So, I made the request for Pulte to fix the issue. Pulte sends out the company which they contract the appliance installations and repairs to come out to my home. The repairman asked did I have the hood of the stove customized? I responded no. He then asked did I remember who I had hired to install the appliances? I explained that I haven't hired any contractors. The only people that have done work in my home was those which Pulte hired to complete the jobs.

The repairman then advised that he could see where the hood was not properly installed, the measurements were not correct, and there are more issues which he can see that I have. However, he can't make any repairs. So he called his supervisor, created a video of the hood and the supervisor then arrived to take a look at it in person. The supervisor asked me the same questions and I gave him the same answers I provided his repairman. The supervisor then explained that they didn't install any of the appliances and that the hood to my stove was not properly installed.

He shared this was dangerous and needs to be reinstalled, however, the cabinets will need to be removed in order to complete the re-installation safely and properly. In addition, this will affect my cabinets, because the measurements are completely off. The supervisor advised that he would share these details with Pulte Homes and they should be in contact with me soon.

On 8/2/2016, a Pulte Homes warranty representative called me to confirm what was reported to him by the repairman and his supervisor. He stated to me that this was unacceptable work and that someone will be held responsible for this as he doesn't understand why anyone except the contractors which are hired by Pulte Homes to install appliances would take it upon themselves to work on a job which they are not certified to complete. The Pulte Homes Warranty Representative advised he would call me back to provide me an update.

On 8/3/2016, at 1:42pm a Pulte Homes Warranty Representative called me and advised that after speaking to Whirlpool, it was brought to his attention that due to the customization of the hood their company is not responsible and the hood is no longer under warranty. In addition, Pulte Homes will not be repairing or replacing the faulty work completed during the build.

This is totally unacceptable. Clearly I am still under my warranty and this work has to be done. If I put my home on the market, any buyer will request that this be repaired prior to putting the home on the market. This will cost me additional money which I should not have to pay, especially since Pulte Homes has already received the payment from the bank of over hundreds of thousands of dollars which doesn't include the thousands of dollars which I put down on this home. Are all of these people licensed and bonded? Do they all have the proper certification to complete such a task?

I ask that Consumer Affairs open an investigation on Pulte Homes and the people they hired to work out in the field building their homes. This investigation will assist me in making Pulte Homes take responsibility for this customization which I did not approve of. While Pulte Homes gets top dollar, the new owners don't get the quality of work they paid for.

We bought an Oakhurst model with unfinished basement in 2015. The house is well built in general and most of the issues have been minor. But there are a few design features of the home that should be considered if you're considering buying one of these. The stairs in leading to the second floor of our model are VERY steep. This design is not for people with knee trouble. Also, we had to upgrade our carpet because the builder grade had only a 1-yr warranty with it (and it didn't look like it would last even through the first year). We found one with a five-year warranty, but we had to search for it when looking through the 1st upgrade carpet samples.

We opted not to finish our basement right away and for us this was a good thing because we've had two major cracks form in the foundation wall that caused leaks and mud to pool on the basement floor. We probably wouldn't have noticed these if the basement had been finished. The builder repaired them right away, but still, we wonder about the homes where the basements were finished... We also installed two dehumidifiers in our basement. We were told by the field manager that most of the homes in our subdivision were dry. But after talking with our immediate neighbors, all of us (5 homes) have had to put dehumidifiers in to control moisture - but this has seemed to deal with the issue since we no longer see moisture in the corners along the basement floor anymore.

As part of the "energy efficient" status, Pulte installed hot water control valves on each of the showers, but set them so low we were taking low pressure, cold showers when we first moved in, but this was easily fixed with a screwdriver and by viewing a YouTube video. Pulte also set the water pressure below the recommended minimum (I guess to save water). We had to request that the water company come out and adjust it back up once we moved in because the water pressure was initially set so low we couldn't water the newly installed sod and it began to die. Even with these annoyances, the house has given us few serious issues. For the price point, Pulte offered much better structural options compared to the Ball Homes (the major competitor in the area), such as poured concrete foundations and spray-in insulation rather than the weaker cinder blocks and lower quality batting insulation.

Pulte's biggest weakness is its customer service. Pulte's customer service is unpredictable and unskilled at talking to homeowners in a respectful manner. We recently submitted our 11-mo service call, only to wait an entire month with no response. After a month had passed, we sent a follow-up email, only to get an email from?? (no name) saying they would need some more time to set-up the initial service appointment. We asked them for a contact number and they blatantly refused to provide us with any more information or even a name of whom we were communicating with. What kind of company talks to its customers is such a degrading an unprofessional manner?

Two more issues with Pulte's homes in our area is that they use Omni to manage their homeowner association. We (the homeowners) have caught Omni repeatedly going after specific homeowners for an issue with a fence and refusing to talk to the homeowner in person, while happily approving another homeowner with the same exact fence style and design. The staff at Omni are extremely rude and hostile to the homeowners, especially when any of us start asking questions about governance. We also found out (through a city council meeting about HOAs), that Omni had refused to allow a homeowner to cut down an old pine tree that was hanging over his home because they don't allow any trees to be removed.

In this case, the issue spurred the city council to develop an HOA ordinance to prevent third party HOAs from preventing homeowners from making changes to their home to ensure the safety of the home and occupants. I'm not saying Pulte was behind this decision, but they hire Omni, and thus are responsible for the decisions of that the HOA management group is imposing on the homeowners. Be conscientious about who Pulte has hired to run the HOA in a development if you're interested in a Pulte home. Not all HOA management groups are the same.

Moved to a Pulte built community, Sun City Carolina Lakes, in June of '15. We have a beautiful community but dealing with Pulte to have them fix issues with our house is a nightmare. When we moved in the Pulte Rep told us to wait till the 11 month inspection to get work done. In May we set up our 11th month inspection. The 11th month Pulte inspector has told us that certain issues did not fall under the contract and they should of been handled when we moved in. I explained what we were originally told but he really did not seem to care. As of July 23, we have set up dates and have had to reschedule each time. The first was because the workers had too much work and had fallen behind. Maybe if the work was done the first time they would not have so many issues. While Pulte may build nice communities it is not worth the trouble dealing with them.

We contracted in good faith with Pulte Homes for a new home in Corkscrew Shores in Estero, FL back on Feb 4, 2016. We chose an elevation (outside fade), specifically because we liked the fieldstone applied in a random pattern on the two-storey bump-out creating the house's curb appeal. Pulte charged us an extra $9k for this facade. After an initial walk-through before the wall board went up, (almost three months after construction began), the construction supervisor casually remarked, "Oh by the way, we are applying the outside stone in a different way." This change entailed putting an ugly piece of metal flashing across the front of the home about two-thirds of the way up creating a scarred look within the stonework.

Pulte's representative said, "If we don't do this, the stone could fall off the building." Our facade (without the disfiguring metal flashing) is present on the model home, as well as, at least six previously constructed homes in Corkscrew Shores. Pulte has been extremely uncooperative and refuses to give us what we contracted and paid a premium for. Had we been aware of the unethical nature of this company, or their admitted lack of construction expertise, we would NEVER have gotten involved with them. Pulte's lack of care for their customers has taken what should be an exciting time and turned it into a miserable experience.

I purchased a home from Pulte, and the experience has been horrific. My wife and I have had multiple problems since we moved in. One of the major issues is that it does not get cool upstairs during the summer or warm in the winter (brand new home). Temperatures get above 80 in summer and below 60 in winter upstairs. There is an extreme difference from the bottom to the top floor. Pulte has admitted something is not right, but it has been over a year, and they "are still working on it". There have been times that it is so hot upstairs that we have had to sleep downstairs. They do not care about your well-being and will tell you anything to have you purchase a home from them.

If you do decide to purchase a home from Pulte, just know that you will not receive any customer service if something goes wrong, and it will. My neighbor is having the same exact issues. Please be aware of, especially if you have children. If I had children, I couldn't imagine putting them through this since their bedrooms would be upstairs.

I checked a box on the feedback form that says I'm posting my opinion... but I will be as objective as possible. And the pictures I'm attaching are not my opinion - they are exactly how my yard looked at the time. Here's my story. I closed on my Pulte home in November of 2015; the build experience was good. The salesperson and the project manager were both a pleasure to work with. The sod that the landscapers had laid down was dormant Bermuda grass (which is normal, considering it was put down in late Oct/early Nov).

In late February and early March, we noticed weeds were growing up from the sod. The grass was still dormant. We notified Pulte immediately, and they said it was normal - that when the grass comes alive, we can spread some young grass fertilizer/weed killer, and that will solve the issue. It made sense to me, and it was consistent with what I heard and read elsewhere. So we waited a few weeks for the grass to come alive. Instead, we got more weeds, and no grass. The pictures attached here are from mid-March... by this time the weeds were out of control, and there was no grass to be seen. I contacted Pulte again, requesting they replace the sod. They were willing to treat the grass with weed killer and fertilizer until the grass took over, so I accepted that compromise.

Three weeks later, the fertilizing and weed killing was performed. Over the next month, the yard improved. When it looked like the yard was ready for treatment number 2, I contacted Pulte to let them know. Three weeks later, I received the response that they would only be doing the one treatment. At this point, weeds have once again taken over.

I'm disappointed with how Pulte handled my issue. My neighbors' lawns were mostly weed-free from the beginning. I must have received a bad batch of sod, or the conditions weren't right when it was laid down. Whatever caused it, I expected more from Pulte when purchasing a home over $400k. But I was wrong. The lawn you see in the pictures here is what Pulte customers can expect when building with them. On the other hand, I'm relieved that I can take ownership of my lawn now and start to fix it instead of waiting three weeks at a time for a reply.

We bought a new home from Pulte three years ago. During our closing, they informed us that our property taxes were based on unimproved land and to expect an increase in the coming years. They estimated our property taxes would increase approximately $130. We signed on the dotted line and closed on the home. Flash forward three years later, our property taxes increased over 200%, as did everyone's in the neighborhood. Needless to say, there have been many people who have been forced to sell their homes because Pulte negligently estimated the future property taxes in order to sell/close homes. I will never buy from this home builder again. They practice deceptive loan processes.

Our experience with Pulte has been a very unfortunate, nasty, and exhausting experience. If before we decided to buy a house from this company we knew that the customer care would be such a disaster we would have never bought a house from this company. Now what we are going to do is to at least warn other people of the hassle they might experience after they sign the “holy sales and purchase agreement” which is what Pulte is bragging about, holding it as an iron fist directed at people's mouth.

When we noticed the problem with open railings, it was supposed to be open as shown in the model but they gave us all walls which we found out during the walkthrough, our lawyer through Pulte happily and optimistically suggested to give Pulte a chance to fix the problem because "They are pretty good at customer satisfaction." He as a lawyer didn’t know himself that who was he working with or as part of the big sham said so to get us closer to the closing date and then everyone would have to do what it was to be done, closing the deal. Pulte had three days to respond to our complaints for the mistakes on their part but basically they fooled us for three days by telling different stories and the last minute before the closing day they said they could do nothing about the problem.

Never mind that. We solved that problem ourselves not through “Pulte's contractor” that the sales office gave us their number, since they just like other contractors working with or for Pulte are not responsible for small projects such as customer problem/satisfaction. Like everybody else they work hard to close their deals and keep the closing date right on time to achieve the most perfect ripoff.

For 2 month we begged people (emails and calls) in Pulte to come fix this thing called entertainment duct which according to our “sales and purchase agreement” we have paid $600 for and still no one is responsible for its nonexistent condition. One year later, now in June 2016 still nothing!!! We saw mice running around the all new complex outdoors. We emailed the manager. Six month later we got a response that this is not their business!! It seems like a joke, a joke that is not funny though. One star is a lot more than what this company deserves...

Since we took delivery of our home in Lake Orion Michigan, it has been a battle with getting their customer service rep to show up, even for the times she sets the appointment. No trade scheduled thru her has ever shown up on the correct day, except 1 when she was supposed to schedule them all in one day... her plan not mine. And yes she's stupid, no clue about any aspect of building. Final Grade was supposed to be done 3 weeks ago, any day now, this past Tuesday or Wednesday (It's Thursday). No call, no final grade, no rain to prevent it. Just no... customer service.

Drywall, well they hire the cheapest and it shows. Their own painter recommended we just deal with all of the shadowing we are seeing because his experience is that Pulte just makes it worse. Sounds suspicious? All of my neighbors who have had their ceilings redone say they are worse. No problem since the drywall. People never showed the day they were supposed to and my wife took the day off work. And that day my wife took off, the rep said she'd be back in 30 minutes... that was like 2 months ago so... I'm sure she'll turn up. The stupid ones always do.

My Pulte Home is only 3 years old. My roof shingles have flown off at least 10 times in this pass 3 year. This is not just 1 shingle is multiples. Pulte only has a 2-year warranty for roof/shingles. They refuse to take responsibility in buying horrible shingles and refuse to go any further in helping me. I hired a 3rd party roof specialist, he stated that its not the installing of the shingle is the type of shingle from IKO. Even when the shingles flew off multiple times before the 2 year warranty was up. PLEASE people be advised and be aware!!! PLEASE BE aware of IKO as well!!! They will not take responsibility as well.

I have called and email Pulte warranty at least seven times. I purchased my home in 2011 and Pulte refuses to correct the cracked barrel tiles. I was told at signing that barrel tiles are warranted for five years. I had my roof inspected and sent Pulte a copy of the inspection. They even inspected a neighbor's roof and has refused to inspect mine. The neighbor and I closed on the same date.

If considering purchasing a Pulte/Centex (new or occupied) be sure to have it inspected from roof to foundation. I have owned two new homes and several preowned homes throughout the United States and this new Pulte/Centex home is by far the worst constructed in regard to detail that I have ever owned. It appears it was just slapped together without regard to detail from start to finish. Problems include, to name a few are: Electrical, tiles/grouting, roof leakage, shower door not level, and leaking, sloppy stucco work and painting inside and outside. Buyers beware when buying a Pulte/Centex home!

Snow and rain entered our attic via the roof exhaust vents, causing water spots on our ceiling for years. We discovered that Pulte had drilled 4 holes for each eave (soffit) vent that allowed air into our attic instead of cutting a rectangular hole to allow adequate air into the attic. The lack of air into the attic reduced the air flowing out of the roof vents, which allowed the rain and snow to blow into our attic. The colored line in the photo shows where the cuts should have been.

My 81-year old disabled mother is excited about purchasing a new spec home in Del Webb/Dove Mountain, Tucson, AZ. She is in the process of obtaining necessary funds from her Trust at Comerica Bank, who is blocking her leaving their Bank and taking her account with her - along with delaying the closing of this home. Pulte seems to be taking advantage in charging obscene daily rates, keeping $25K in earnest money and not being able to bend or negotiate in this matter. This has been beyond anyone's control and retribution will be sought against Comerica by the attorneys already employed in this matter. Seems Pulte should provide some type of reasonable requests (one was initiated by Buyer), rather than take full advantage of this unfortunate situation. Other contacts have been made to the AZ Attorney General, Comerica CEO and social media will be the next avenue.

My family was supposed to close on an apartment this Wednesday (2/10/16) (flats at Metrowest). However, this past Sunday we passed by and were able to walk into our future apt and it was trashed. There was noticeable damage to the apartment. Pulte Homes offered to "clean" it to as good as new, which is not new when you have throw up all over and wine spilled on the rugs along with traces of drugs and bottles everywhere. I spoke to a worker and this isn't the first time this has happened but the first time a customer has known about it prior to closing. He said earlier in the week something else happened at an apartment above it and even after that they didn't get the cameras to work until after the police came to make a report about our future property.

The contact is very one sided where I am not sure if we will be able to get out of the contract or leave us with any other options. It's unfair that they are selling homes to people as new when these things happen without us knowing. I'm sure if I had never passed by on Sunday they would have never notified me just like the owners of the apartment above us. I feel more people should know about these builders and be warned so at least they start acting more responsibly. After I got this covered by WISS9 they replied to my parents and were willing to figure thing out "to make it right". It's upsetting they needed bad publicity to properly act on their failed management.

When I went into the building we were able to walk right in because they had the door held open by a piece of carpet which does not seem very secure, on the weekend when we were able to walk in they used a broom and management knows about this but didn't really find it to be a problem. Safer methods should be used.

I bought a new house with Pulte Homes in July 2016. During home inspection, I found issues on hardwood floor, and the construction manager said that this would be fixed 2 months later (september 2015). But several inspections has been made, nothing, no fix performed and the quality manager keep buying time and firm date to fix. I've also found issues on carpet, which they installed several pieces of the carpet and the result of this, several carpet seem everywhere. The sales manager promised to replace the carpet if the fix was not enough to remove the carpet seem, but it's still very evident and the quality manager does not give any evidence to fix. I am very disappointed with Pulte Homes. The quality service is very bad and inefficient.

I purchased my home in June. I have had some issues with the home and ultimately paid out of pocket to have them fixed. My Tibet surround sustained a crack and I was told by Pulte it was not under warranty. More than that the HOA which is controlled by Pulte has been a nightmare to deal with. I wanted to have a fence built and attach it to the fence behind me. Unfortunately, the homeowner never had the fence stained as he was supposed to. The fence is an eyesore. The HOA said they don't go onto a homeowner's property so I am forced to have the fence brought closer to my home. I then filled out the architectural request to use rubber mulch in my yard.

After following up twice I was denied. I was also told that landscape rocks could not be substituted for the mulch. After complaining and pointing out that many of the owners in the subdivision use landscaping rocks, I was told that those homeowners did not request permission. There was no talk of enforcing the HOA rules. The HOA HAD THE NERVE to thank me for complying with the rules but my request was denied. They have entirely too much power and ABSOLUTELY NO COMMON SENSE.

I am under contract to buy a new home in Lawrenceville, GA from Pulte... They had a beautiful model home... We selected nearly every option that were shown in the model home which nearly doubled the purchase price. We're 2 weeks from completion date and the house looks NOTHING like the model. Everything is different including the color of kitchen cabinets. They're claiming what is installed is what I selected but they conveniently no longer have the actual sample for me to compare against. I have a list of items that are entirely different from what I thought I was getting.

The bottom line, this company shows you beautiful features that are not even offered but don't tell you that until it's too late. They've made promises which they're unwilling to honor and absolutely unwilling to make any changes. I have tried to get corporate office involved but customer relations person told me flat out that corporate WILL NOT get involved and that all decisions will be made regionally... This is a nightmare... we're willing to lose our $20k deposit than purchase from a company like this. They're the ultimate model of 'corporate greed.' Charge exorbitant amounts for upgrades then deliver the cheapest stuff possible. RUN, DO NOT WALK FROM PULTE HOMES.

Since living in my Pulte Home in the Prestigious Boulders community, I have experienced multiple issues with the new home. Electrical, cracks in the concrete, paint peeling off the exterior, tile grout coming loose, water leaks, you name it. It hasn't been a good experience in the 5 months I've lived here. I wish I could give this house back. Very dissatisfied.

I contracted back in Feb 2015 to have a Pulte home constructed in new Nexton Community Summerville, SC. The construction was of very poor quality and still is. The superintendent did not perform daily inspections. I had to perform QA and QC daily inspections. The home was incorrectly framed, the revised house plans were not provided to the framing contractor and there were so many other issues. Recommend to anyone building or purchasing a Pulte home hired a licensed inspector. I did and the framing report inspection was 17 pages of code, OSHA violations and pictures. The final inspection was 87 pages of code violations and pictures. Needless to say, I made the decision to not buy the house. I have maintained both reports. Pulte did return my deposit however, I spent out of pocket approximately $1,100 for 2 inspections and a home appraisal. I requested these funds also be refunded but Pulte refused to do so.

We currently have structural damage to our dining room and basement due to a window that was installed improperly. Although we are still under our structural warranty they refuse to pay to fix the damage and reinstall the window correctly. I am currently under a lawsuit with them. Other neighbors in my area have also experience shoddy workmanship with their Pulte homes.

They did fix it at 10 years but it's leaking again after 11 1/2 years again. They told me to call my home insurance.

We have purchased 2 Homes in the same golf community that we love. Both homes (because they are the exclusive builder in the community) were Pulte homes.

When we signed up we inquired about membership in the Private Golf course in the community that Pulte also owned. We were told the initiation fees and annual costs. We decided to join the course and specifically asked what would happen when the community was built out. The exact answer we got was "Pulte is not in the golf business. When they are done building they will turn the course over to the members for a dollar."

Well here we are 3 years later and that dollar has turned into 4 1/2 million dollars with a threat that if we, the current members, do not pay they will sell it to anyone they choose. They 100% lied about the situation and have put everyone who paid a total of 6.5 million dollars in membership dues out to pasture. Keep in mind that everyone also bought a house for between 300 thousand and a million plus from Pulte. I personally think a class action lawsuit is in order as the Pulte way is to lie and deceive the customers who buy into their communities. Please beware as your financial plans can be destroyed by these greedy creatures.

Pulte Homes Company Profile