2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Pulte Homes

Pulte Homes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Pulte Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We completed our final walkthrough six months ago. Unfortunately, we did not notice that there was a portion of the exterior that they did not paint. That's now our problem. They refuse to deal with this. I could have it painted for $200 or $300 but I decided to contact my attorney instead. They should be ashamed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

The initial experience seemed too good to be true...that should have been my first clue. They promise the moon and the stars. The problem is, they do not follow through with their finished product. I have had issues with landscaping and in the interior of my home which they make a million excuses for, or ignore emails until warranty runs out then feed you the crap "it's no longer covered". Have had a hole in my yard for over a year. They did not plant the trees, which are dead, that they placed in proposal to our County and are now say too bad, so sad. Much of the vegetation in community is dead or dying. The streets are torn up by the large trucks. The drainage on every lot has been an issue from day one. The HOA is useless. Do not buy from Pulte, you'll regret it in the end.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Pulte Homes/Centex home came with dead Palm trees. Pulte/Centex Homes has terrible customer service. Sold me 2 dead palm trees with my home. They refuse to replace the dead palm trees, knowing there was an issue with other property owners in the same community.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I was under contract with Pulte in June 2020 to buy one of their Germantown, MD properties. They lured me into a contract by offering $10,000 in closing credits if I used their lender, Pulte Mortgage. This incentive is what most buyers need to offset the 5% closing costs required for new builds in Maryland. When your closing costs are $27,000, you can see what I mean. The problem is that their contracts are structured such that by the time you find out that their loan products have terrible rates/terms, it's too late to back out of the contract and get your earnest money deposit back.

The Pulte Mortgage loan officer told me that Pulte has to jack up their interest rates, charge outrageous fees, and offer harsh terms so they can recoup the $10,000 incentive (and more) over the 30 years of the loan. Even worse, I was told that I had to show them "evidence" that I was receiving better offers from other lenders. When I showed them loan estimates from 2 other lenders, they said it the loan fee sheets "weren't good enough" and they refused to match the terms as promised. The goal post kept moving, no matter what I did to follow their instructions. I recommend to anyone out there, please save yourself the heartache and your $10,000 deposit by staying away from this scam. They are banking on the fact that you will be too far into the contract and too attached to the home to fight back. They should be ashamed of themselves for scamming people this way.

Original review: July 6, 2020

In the 4 years I have lived here we have gone through 4 different property managers. There is zero enforcement of the Docs. No road maintenance, weeds everywhere, dead plants in mulch beds, dead trees on property, and sidewalk and driveway cracks everywhere. Just last week the Board decided it was ok to allow a motorhome to park at the clubhouse when the rules do not allow it and it was the view for some homeowners for two weeks. Trimming of hedges and plants either too little or butchered when done. Clubhouse is used by neighbors from other communities without any enforcement.

It takes 6 weeks to repair gates when they fall victim to a rainstorm... Really! Lack of interest by Board to resolve issues other than selling new homes, which have had an abundance of poor construction issues. Difficult to get things done without a fight and just general lack of concern to the homeowners. Always an excuse for not doing what we pay for.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Pulte doesn’t care about the neighborhoods they build in. For the past month they have started before 8:00am on Saturday. This morning it was before 7:00. They say they will do something about it but they never do. They don’t clean the streets when they are done too. Our neighborhood looks dirty as hell thanks to them. I can only imagine how bad their quality of homes are.

Original review: June 26, 2020

This builder is the worst I can ever imagine. Would not recommend to friends or family members. Extremely, disappointed with the customer care response. It's only been 3 years since I've moved into home, built from ground up. One year warranty expired and the issues were addressed. However, certain fixtures in the home after that one year started to fall apart, and reaching out to Pulte was absolutely useless.

Frames around certain mirrors in the home are coming apart because they were not secured. Chandelier is falling from the ceiling, again because it was not structurally reliable. Yet the response from rduwarranty@pulte.com was the warranty on your home has expired and basically there is nothing more we can do. I've also tried to contact the city of raleigh building code department at 919 996 2445. Left a voice mail and no one returned the call.

Original review: June 23, 2020

The plumbing in our 8 year home has been terrible. Leaks behind the walls have been numerous, expensive and very frustrating. Pulte should make the plumbing warranties for 10 years at least. There are numerous homes in our development with the same problems. Just ask owners in The Plantation Fort Myers Fl. and they will give you plenty of accounts of neighbors with big problems.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I am second owner of this house that was built in 2017. Previous owner occupied only for 5 months after job transfer and I moved in mid Aug. 2019. So practically it was brand new house. However, with total of 14 months of usage, top part of concrete is already peeling off and it is worsening as day goes by. I absolutely had no idea that builders warranty would be still effective until a months ago or so. I only can wish I knew that. Anyway, I searched up internet and easily found that the cause of concrete scaling is from poor workmanship. Concrete scaling happens when it was poorly cured with water getting freeze and defrost during cold month and let me stress that I live in Fort Mill, SC. So winter months are not as cold as up north.

Less than 3 yr old driveway looks horrible with bunch of holes where gravels got loosen up from concrete and concrete surface turns flaky and crumbs and it is spreading. It is not a good quality of concrete they poured and I will be surprised if they even used wire mesh/rebar when they working on it. I Submitted pictures and response I got was quote "our concrete contractor said there must have been some kind of acid or engine coolant or engine oil dropped!!" Yeah,I am sure if they will stand up for their poor skill and willing to do free work? Who are you kidding? First I do not have a car that leaks oil and I have not worked on a car out on the drive way. Matter of fact my driveway is levelled, so I cannot physically jack up a car!!!

Rest assured, Properly installed concrete should last for very long time. It is common sense. You do not have to be engineer to figure that out. Heck, driveway at my previous house that was built in 1979 looks better than this minus cracking from being 4 decades old. I wish I tried to look up reviews before I bought this house expecting that it was on the market for few months and someone shortly lived in. Pulte!! I really advice whom you subcontract your work to and hope this is not something you want to have reputation of who you really are.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Wish I would have never purchased my home in Santa Fe NM. I cannot believe the homes pass "Inspection". They will not fix anything properly or timely. They will enforce the Arbitration clause and force you through there own arbitrator "PWC". They will hide like the cockroaches they are when you shine any light on the poor construction by their "sublets" that they will sue later for breach of contract while you get a unliveable home. Pulte has leverage on all there sublets and their insurance companies - they will make more money suing their own sublets then they will ever spend to fix your trash home. Stay away! Stay away in Santa Fe.

Pulte Homes Company Information