2. Homeowners

Pulte Homes

Pulte Homes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.02/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Pulte Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: April 8, 2021

Beware of deceptive practices! Pulte offered us a Loan Estimate beating another company we sent them. We signed and then three days later Pulte called and said it was a computer error and they refused to honor the deal. Literally breaking a legal document and invalidating our rate lock we signed for with no legal just reason to do so. They then wiped us out of the system completely and told us we could take what they gave us (now paying for points for the same rate lock) or use someone else. Talk about trying to pull a bait and switch.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Pulte does not respond timely with their first year warrant service and their communication is very poor. I have been waiting since January to have an air leaking sliding class door replaced on my energy efficient home and for my interior doors to receive finish painting and staples removed from them.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2021

We purchased our Pulte built townhome back in 2018 and a few months later we ended up with a roof leak in the garage. Long story short, it took about 4 attempts before the roof was correctly fixed. Now we have problems with our AC unit and have been told the unit is too small for the square footage. Numerous owners on our street have had the same issues with their AC unit. Pulte claims it's up to code. Even our HOA is in litigation against Pulte. Why do these big companies continue getting away with cutting corners at the expense of the homeowner?

Original review: March 10, 2021

When click on it, it says unavailable. Publicity stunt and using veterans to boost their image. They should be fined for using veterans... Disgrace to our country when they promote ethics on their website.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I went to the sales rep and applied for 2 homes and paid the initial amount on both properties and applied for the Pulte Mortgage. I was told that if at closing time I was approved for 1 property, I will be able to transfer the money from the first the other property for the one I was approved for. I was also told that the whole buying process is smooth since it is all within the Pulte companies.

First Mislead; At the time of closing, I was denied for one of the properties and approved for the other. I requested my money to be transferred from the property that I was denied for to the one I was approved. I was told the builder will keep 50% of the money which I was told before that I will be able to refunded the amount if Pulte mortgage declined to give me the loan. They kept blaming each other as it is the fault of the Pulte mortgage and/or it is the fault of the builder. In the end the sales rep mislead me at the time I was signing for the property and paying the initial amount to reserve the property.

Second mislead; They called me a month before the property was completed and scheduled a final walk-through and 3 days after for the closing. For a whole month the Pulte Mortgage have been asking me for documents and income and I submitted everything they asked for. After I signed for those dates I was told if there is a delay in closing from my side I will pay $250 for every day. The closing day came and passed and now they want me to pay for the delay on top of what I have lost before already. I was told by the Mortgage company that the delay is from the underwriting. So now I am getting different people from different departments (all under the Pulte umbrella) who do not communicate with each other at all, put the blame on each other and the result is the customer is being penalized for all their mistakes.

I asked all of the reps to have any of the decision making people call me (the customer) and no one cared to call me until today. The sales reps are either not knowledgeable or they give the customer what they want to hear to get them to buy and hide other things. They will blame you that you signed a paper for it. So my advice to you, do not trust what you hear from the Pulte employees and reps and make sure to read between the lines or get a lawyer to read every single paper they will send you before signing. they cannot be trusted even if you ask specific questions and you get a lie not the true answer.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Many quality, workmanship issues with the subcontractors. I have been trying to get several of the urgent items resolved for 5 months now. Management does not care once they get your money. I would never build or buy a Pulte home again. The majority of the neighbors in this new development agree and are frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and urgency with the Pulte warranty team. They mass produce the homes and build them at a break neck pace with little to no regard to quality or workmanship. They need to stop building and take care of the people who recently purchased homes.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased my Pulte home in February 2020. It was built and move in ready by August. Any of the minor problems I encounter are immediately scheduled for repair. Not a lot of faulty issues but at any rate I can get an immediate work order submitted via email to the service manager. No complaints at all. Great builder. I saw the negative ratings and wanted to even the score with my positive one.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I did not read the reviews here before we started dealing with Pulte and lucky we did not buy a home from them. We were looking to buy into the Briargate 55+ committee. We went to our appointment on January 20th 2021 which did go well but we had done our homework on what we wanted. Kae was very nice. She told us she would put us on a list and we would be called on Friday after 3pm January 22, 2021 and we would go from there.

Well then we got home that day. Things change. We were then told we had to go up to the property and sign up on the list then after we did we could not leave till they called us, and that we should arrive as early as possible. We would have to stay in our vehicle. There were no bathroom facilities for us to use and we would of had to stay in our car for hours in the freezing cold. It's 19 degrees out today, this is not how you treat people. So if you want to be treated like you are worthless and they tell you what to do like you worked for them then this is you builder. I believe They forgot that you are the one with the money not them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We purchased a beautiful Pulte home in the Cuneo area of Vernon Hills. The home was ready when promised and is beautiful. We still love the home. Overall, the workmanship appears to be fine. Some areas of frustration include the following:

1. Tile work in the master shower is subpar. The tiles do not line up and some tiles stick out further than other tiles.

2. Several doors do no close including the front door and garage door. We are unable to use the front door as it must be locked or it will blow open. We have contacted Pulte to fix these problems (over 2 months ago). Pulte advised us that due to Covid, they are not going to repair the defects. Meanwhile, my brother drove past the home while we were on vacation and noticed our front door was wide open.

3. NEW BIG PROBLEM - We paid to have the basement plumbed for a bathroom. The Contractor today opened the black box for the drain and realized that Pulte had poured concrete into the drain. The bathroom drain was covered by a black box. We have reached out to Pulte to fix this defect, today.

4. I presume this is to be expected, but there are two long cracks in the ceiling and one in a wall. We just followed the required steps for these cracks to be corrected.

I am concerned Pulte will give us an excuse as to fixing the cracks or removing the concrete from the drain in the basement. If possible, I will update this review to let you know if they fix the defects or give us an excuse. It appears as if Covid only affects their workers when they need to fix defects on sold homes but not building new homes.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

We contracted with Pulte in August of 2019. We lived in another state. Commitment date to finish construction was not honored. The quality was substandard at best. Walls were not straight, doors do not close properly, house was extremely dirty day of closing, grout was not color ordered would not correct, finish on walls was substandard, holes around all switch plates, holes in grout, missing grout, paint was missing in several places, roof had two entries that they would not fix, holes in concrete on patio, caulking was cracked or simply missing, shower doors were not installed properly, medicine cabinet was installed improperly, caulking around windows and doors was missing.

I had 33 items I reported on survey that needed attention after closing. Very few were addressed, when painter came in to do touch ups, he dripped paint and never cleaned it. I was told I could clean it. Electrical problem, power to refrigerator kept going off. Landscaping was put in over debris, when asked to clear debris 1st, was told "not my job", also wiring was installed alongside water lines for sprinkler system. Found contract employee asleep in house, prior to closing. We were told we would close Feb 17, house was a month away from so called completion and closing. Horrible new home experience. I would never recommend Pulte to anyone. We had asked for our money back and was totally ignored.

Total lack of communication between powers that be, salesforce, field managers, contractors and buyers. We were told we would get updates every two weeks, we received one in 6 months. We were never told of theft that happened, delaying installation of cabinets, nor of the destruction of property (broken windows). Contractors and their employees were for the most part unskilled, most do not speak English. Our field manager told us the company used the "cheapest paint" and builder grade roofing. Exterior walls were 16" centers, all interior were 24". Sales representative only contacted us when money was due, we had to contact him if we wanted information. We were told people wanted to live in Sun City so badly they were willing to accept substandard product. Lack of pride up and down chain of command on the quality of end product.

Pulte Homes Company Information