Find a Home Builders partner

Pulte Homes

1.2/5 (36 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Pulte Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Pulte Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I spoke with Monkia who assured my husband and I that she would send us the links to apply for the loan… She responded to emails several times but we NEVER received anything from this sale consultant… I asked my husband, "Do you think we are too dark to live in the community.." We are financially stable, great jobs, and good credit that well qualified us… But she didn’t bother to reach out to a potential buyer.. It’s unprofessional and rude to see people treat others like non human… We have every right to live comfortably just like any other race.. We will continue to look for homes that truly appreciate buyer who’s willing to buy a home…

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

We recently built a home with Pulte at Del Webb. They put in a defective dishwasher so they could close quickly after we chose another mortgage company other than Pulte. If we had done more research we would have never chosen Pulte. Found it very interesting how they release lots to be sold as well and then say the price is about to increase. BEWARE. Please research and review ratings before buying. These are cheaply build homes and they are misleading with their beautiful model homes. Huge mistake to buy an overpriced cheap Pulte build home.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Stay away!!!! Stay away!!! from Pulte mortgage..... I gave them 1 star because there is no place in here I can give them a lower star than this. These people are the worst!!!! No customer service at all. They are horrible. We started a process on a new construction in february 2021 and 10 months after one week before closing they denied the loan just like that!!!! That was the most inhumane experience with this people....

Mind you, we had a lease on a rental house that we had already told them we were leaving, movers already set up and utilities and stuff for the move....One week before the closing these people just like that denied the loan....I called them out as that was monkey business because I am 10000% sure they denied it because the house appraisal was wayyyy lower than what these people are asking for those new construction homes....So my sincere advice is.....do not use pulte mortgage...I am sure this has happened to many people just like they did to us.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

After engineered wood flooring splintering from day of closing, Pulte agree the floor was installed improperly and they would replace it after 2 years have passed. We followed Pulte’s instructions to move our items on the first floor of our home to one side while they removed the wood floor on that half to let the concrete dry. Instead of letting the floor dry, Interior Logic - the contractor Pulte used - decided to sand the concrete spreading dust all over our home. Everything is covered. Concrete dust is in beds, dishes in cabinets, carpet, clothing in closets and drawers. Every square inch of our home has concrete dust on it and they are ok with this.

Pulte sent out a general maid who wasn’t even allowed to touch our personal belongings. They wiped the counters and blinds, and after a month cleaned the ducts and had the same company come vacuum with a typical vacuum, but this didn’t make it close to livable. We hired an industrial hygienist who suggested a disaster relief company was needed. We have been displaced for almost 5 weeks now with no help from Pulte. We are left paying so far over $10,000. Pulte just doesn’t want to do the right thing. They have insurance, use it! Such an awful company! Bad rep for a reason. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

We purchased our home over 3 years ago. Soon after moving in we heard clicking and popping noises from our ceiling/roof. After 3 years and no answers we were forced to sue Pulte. They were not responsive and until I sent an email to the CEO and mentioned a lawyer they miraculously found the problem. We have multiple cracked/twisted trusses. Pulte brought out their “team” to find the problem, form a plan and fix. Over 3 months since their team was at our home….nothing. We love our home and community but would never buy a Pulte home again. Beware!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!!! Pulte is the absolute WORST builder ever. They have no regard to human life whatsoever. Let me explain… The home early in the process had some windows busted out at the rear of the house. The house backs to a major street. My family would visit the house often during the build process, and noticed that more windows were getting busted throughout the process. I had no idea what was going on and just assumed that the construction crew broke them on accident. Come to find out 2 weeks before we were supposed to close, my home along with all the others on my same street were constantly getting vandalized by people throwing rocks from the sidewalk just on the other side of the wall. (SEE PICS of the damage and huge rocks on the wall next to my house)

One of the neighbors that closed on his house told me that he had to install solar screens on their back windows, so that the rocks would just bounce off, instead of busting out the windows. This caused a VERY HUGE concern for my family, as the window they busted out was the window to the master retreat, which will be used as our nursery. Can you imagine what could have happened to a newborn in a bassinet if this happens again? It could be fatal! We explained our concerned and asked to cancel our contract and receive our full earnest money back, but were denied!!! How is fear of the safety of your family not a legit reason to cancel your contract without penalty? Kind in mind, this home was a spec built, so that means Pulte picked out all the options, so once again we should be able to get our $16,900 deposit since we didn’t make any design studio options.

As of right now, Pulte is holding me hostage! They will not let me cancel the purchase without them retaining my deposit. I have sent multiple pictures as proof that this is on on-going problem with people vandalizing the homes and explained my concern even to the General Sales Manager. However, they have no regard to human life or for anyone’s safety for that matter. All they care about is selling homes and taking people’s hard earned money. I have been polite this whole time, but now have no other option but to ligate.

THAT IS JUST HALF the issues. Besides the on-going vandalism. Pulte does a horrible job building homes. They cut major corners and use the cheapest materials possible! I have included pictures in this review so that you can see. When my family and I would come visit the house during construction, we would see workers kids working on the house. Our house was going to cost us $670,000 and I couldn’t believe that they put in the cheapest carpet, padding and toilets. Nothing in the house matches. They put in the cheapest chrome faucets with black cabinet pulls and brushed nickel door handles. The kitchen island is being held up by shims, since they cut the island uneven. (SEE PICS)

During the frequent visits during the construction phase, we caught a man peeing in a bottle in the master bedroom closet! I took pictures and shared them with our sales consultant. We found multiple pee bottles in the home. PLEASE AVOID THIS BUILDER AT ALL COST!!! There are plenty of other Builder’s in the Vegas.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Our new home was constructed by Pulte Home and we closed in September, 2017 (Auburn Hills, McKinney). I understand everybody's experience is different but mine was really bad. Pulte used the lowest quality material you can find. Within a year moving in, we had problem with everything. You close the door, the bottom of the door is a gaping hole. They kept adjusting the door without fixing it until the 1yr-warranty is over. The counter top was not level and so the sink mounted under the counter top separates from the counter top. We had leaks under kitchen sink and when we opened the cabinets it was an eyesore..see pictures for yourself.

The bricks were falling off I had to caulk them myself. I have seen possible foundation issue which I will have the city check on. A/C and heat distribution around the house is uneven. The only positive is the location and generous room sizes. We have come to terms we will gradually rebuild everything since we love the location and neighbors we have. They have great PROSPER ISD schools for our kids.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

This was our third time with new construction and the worst experience ever. The structure of the home seems overall pretty good, but we’ve only been here a week (Columbia, TN), so take that with a grain of salt. Their weekly build update emails are generally 4-5 meaningless words. The finishing of the home is awful. Serious lack of attention to detail: grout smeared on the granite which was also scuffed and scratched in places, awful paint job throughout that was repeatedly “redone” with no major improvement, paint drips and blobs everywhere, scuff marks on the walls and floor, holes in the grout, scratches on the cabinetry, unpainted areas throughout, and super cheap no-name faucets and “carpet”. Zero options for upgrades that we gladly would’ve paid for. I could go on. No one really cares during the process. Once you move in, they care even less about you and just tell you to claim it through the one-year warranty. Never ever again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We are currently building a home with Pulte. The home has failed all 3 rough inspections. Major design changes by them without any consideration to us the buyer. You would get better customer service buying a $20 shirt at JC Penney over buying a $430,000 house from Pulte. Pulte, Overpromises and Underdelivers. Save yourself the hassle. Pulte uses a vendor for contractors that are not dependable. Pulte let the rain pour down on our framing for weeks without a roof or sheathing causing mold and now we are fighting for remediation. Use a custom builder. You will have a lot more control, dependability and transparency. We haven't had supply issues, we have had integrity and dependability issue. Learn from our misfortune.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

We purchased our home in May of 2021 and moved in August 2021. The builder Mike was amazing as was the realtor for Pulte. Beyond that everyone we have dealt with has been a disaster. We have had so many issues since moving in, and even more issue getting Pulte to get the issues fixed. Many of the boards under the cabinets were not nailed down, drywall looks as though it was done by a child! There are so many drywall issues, knicks, uneven walls, and paint just dripping down the walls. The kitchen sink is not mounted correctly. Instead of clipping the sink in they mounted it to the side of our cupboards and two general contractors have come in our home and said this sink will fall. The granite for the sink was not cut properly therefore this is how they had to mount my sink.

The garage door has one spring which a garage repair man has come and said to support the weight of the door and every day use it needs two springs. The garage shakes violently as a result. The stair railings came off the wall. The master shower is leaking water due to a missing part on the door that has still not been fixed. The cupboards are coming off the hinges in the kitchen. Lights have burnt out that they said should last 10 to 15 years! And you can't just change the bulb. The whole light needs to be replaced. The cupboards in the kitchen are not even accessible due to the fact that Pulte does not put any knobs on the cabinets.

Our AC unit has gone out twice in three weeks and we are currently sitting with no AC. Called the emergency warranty last night at 10pm and got a call at 8am asking if anyone had called us through the night. When I replied no, the man said he would have someone call me back. No one from Pulte has reached back out and I have left several messages this morning to try and speak to someone. The AC people called and may or may not be able to fit us in in the next two days.

When the warranty guy from Pulte came about two weeks ago I explained when the house was being built there were times we would come in and find beer cans laying around and the guys smelled like **. His reply was shocking. He said there was nothing they could do about the beer, if the guys wanted to drink after work they could but Pulte does not condone smoking illegal substances while on the job! I said I have a huge problem with contractors using my home as their after hours drinking spot, and I am not convinced they weren't doing it while working as the craftsmanship in this home is so poor. It would make sense. They were drunk!

Overall the craftsmanship of this home is terrible, and Pulte just keeps telling us they lost money on the sale of our home. Honestly, we could care less we paid for a new build and got a poor product. Even if you lost money you should still take pride in the work and deliver a quality product. They failed to do so. I would not waste time or money on purchasing from Pulte Homes. We sincerely regret our purchase and will be working to move out of here as fast as possible!

Pulte Homes Company Information