Find a Home Builders partner

Pulte Homes

1.2/5 (32 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Pulte Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Pulte Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased my Pulte home in February 2020. It was built and move in ready by August. Any of the minor problems I encounter are immediately scheduled for repair. Not a lot of faulty issues but at any rate I can get an immediate work order submitted via email to the service manager. No complaints at all. Great builder. I saw the negative ratings and wanted to even the score with my positive one.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I am quite disappointed with delay in delivery of my home. When I booked my home, I was promised closing date as end of Aug. I understand that contractually they need to be safe and got contract signed for Oct, which gives them safety buffer. I was going by committed date and not contractual date. With the delays, they are now talking about delivery in Oct. I am just one month away from committed date and they are delaying the date by 2 months. Please learn from experience and plan accordingly.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2021

House is appraised for $675K. I am sharing some photos of this wonderful house. Builders don’t give a damn about their client's #PulteHomes. Salesperson has told me that she can’t give me phone number for the upper management to talk regarding an unfinished home which was recently closed with a promise that house will be done by the time you guys close and then house will be done by time you will be back from closing. 5-6 hours work was left and most of that is still as-is after a Month.

Home inspection was done and there were many issues with the house. Got the house inspected again at given time by Builder but inspection came out almost the same. So basically no issues were fixed that came in Inspection Report. I asked #pultehomes if we need to postpone the closing due to house will not be done via email. #Pultehomes told us that it will be done by time inspector will arrive here. But nothing was done. Paid inspector again. I have both inspection reports on file. So I asked Pulte homes (Builder) again if we need to postpone the closing. He said everything will be done before closing tomorrow morning. So we came next day before closing for final walkthrough and everything was as is (still no work done). Only one guys was working on master bathroom bathtub.

Builder start making excuses that my guys got late last night so they are on the way and they should be here any minute and it will be done by the time you will be back from closing. So came back after 4-5 hours and saw house as-is, dirty with paint spots on floor and door handles, Switches and sockets not aligned, Sump pump pit with mud and trash, basement beams with mud on, a hole by the basement beam to the garage and all the other issues in the inspection report and the guy working on bathtub left the work in the middle before we came from closing and never came back. So we called Builder. Now it’s been a month and struggle still continues to get the house done since then. House should have been finished before closing. Builders shouldn’t force buyers to close on a house with false promises if house is not 100% complete.

When asked sales person to get me the contact for upper management. Her answer was that she doesn’t want to give contact information because she doesn’t feel like upper management should be involved and she is not authorized to give upper management phone # to a Realtor, Seriously! Builder built 6ft wall separating side yard from back yard with no access and saying that this is total normal. BUYERS, Make sure your house is completed before you close. DO NOT close on house if not at 100% completion. Waiting few days is better than struggling.

Original review: July 15, 2021

We built a Pulte home in Minneapolis late 2018. It was the same as the model home in the area as we liked that layout with a basement, main level and a loft. In general the home is nice after several minor adjustments and repairs. The main problem has been the HVAC system, which from day 1 was incorrectly wired by the installer. We selected the option to add a 3 zone system for an additional $6,000+ to get a more even control of the 3 levels of the home. After the miswiring was corrected the heating worked adequately. This summer we had a very hot period and the air-conditioning system did not keep up if it was above 90 degrees outside. The compressor kept running constantly until late night.

I discovered that our home – for the extra money – only has a 2.5 ton A/C system, while several identical and smaller homes have a 3 ton system. Speaking to those homeowners, their A/C system works fine. When asking Pulte for an explanation when they advertise an “appropriately sized to deliver outstanding efficiency” for their HVAC systems they showed us a basement only calculation to try to justify the 2.5 ton A/C system.

Two independent contractors have been here both telling me that our system is wrongly designed in several ways. One of them did a professional analysis for each room of the home resulting in a 20 page report telling us the home needs a 3.5 ton A/C system. Pulte’s last comment to us stated “It sounds like the equipment is performing in accordance with our warranty and industry standards”. So it is more than obvious to us that Pulte do not stand behind their advertised information and have no intentions in correcting the problem we are faced with. Several emails and non-returned phone calls to Pulte people is where we stand with no solution in sight. I would not recommend a Pulte home if you want comfort in the summertime. Beware!

Original review: July 13, 2021

Pulte Homes they have nice looking model homes but they do horrible job, when it comes to finishing. On my home they used broken window trims, extra gutter pipes all over the place not capped, it took them 7 months to paint the window trims, it took them 7 months to make my driveway and 2 days later it cracked from one end to another, and they are not fixing it either till it 1/4 of an. Bad paint job all over the house, drywalls are cracked everywhere. 7 month later they still haven't filled the front yard or backyard. They don't take care of you after closing. Once they get their money they don't care. If I had a choice I wouldn't do it again or recommend.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Bought new home during covid. No warranty work being done. Now that workers are coming to fix things, Pulte will not honor their warranty past 11 months. And the workers they sent were very poor workers. I ended up doing most the work myself. At least I know it is done right. Never again, pulte. Never will we buy your crap.

Original review: June 29, 2021

RUN RUN RUN!!!! Pulte is crooked, corrupt and an awful company to do business with. They take pride in their warranty program and use it as a selling point but in all reality it SUCKS! They don't follow through on their promises or fulfilling their warranty obligations unless you harass and threaten them repeatedly. And still, the job doesn't get done right. They hire GARBAGE, bottom of the barrel, cheapest crews they can find and your house is the end result. PUT YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. Oh, and their customer service is sub-par. I can't believe they are still in business. DON'T DO IT!! Especially in Macomb MI. Such a shame...

Original review: June 22, 2021

I closed my home with Pulte on April 4th 2021. During initial Walk through issues were identified, and they promised to fix it before closing. That didn't happened. After closing noticed that there were lots of problems and took a lot of effort to schedule to fix them. I had to babysit all the contractors. After move-in found more issues and have been struggling to get them fix. The communication from Pulte is horrible. I would not recommend them if you are looking for a new home.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I purchased a condo in 2010. The original builder was Centex and pulled took over. I can hear everything single thing the upstairs neighbors make. Talking, walking, running, crying, snoring, name it I can hear it. Did I mention their living room is above my bedroom. This is the worse purchase I could have made. The materials they used are below grade. Save yourself the trouble. Do not buy from Pulte at least a condo where neighbors are above you. You will live to regret it. I wish I could file a class action lawsuit against them.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I thought that Pulte was a reputable builder but they are terrible. They do everything possible to cut corners. Crappy building material and terrible contractors. Shop around but don’t buy Pulte!! I have bought many homes - new and existing construction. Pulte is the absolute worst by every measure.

Original review: May 10, 2021

The builder did a terrible job installing my sod. When I questioned the installation, the Pulte salesman told me that it would be addressed. When I put in a service request, Pulte's management stated that once the sod was installed it was no longer covered under warranty. I had to foot the bill to have the sod completed reinstalled.

Pulte Homes Company Information