Pulte Homes
1.47/5
  • 1 star
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Pulte Homes

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

107 Pulte Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We have built 5 homes over the past 35 years. Last year, 2017 our retirement house was completed and covered by a one year guarantee. Most items were minor and resolved. The big issue came after last summer when we were in the house for seven months. Being in Sarasota Florida after the rainy season lessened, we noticed water accumulating at the end of the driveway and not draining to the street. Pavers were rapidly deteriorating where the water pooled. I reported it to the warranty office four different times. The runaround and explanation given for the pooling and paver damage is consistently some else's fault. IF YOU PLAN TO BUY A PULTE HOME GOOD LUCK. Second, everyone on this site with the same experience needs to contact Office of the Attorney General. PL-01 The Capitol Tallahassee, Florida 32399. Phone# 1-866-966-7226.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My husband and I built a home with Pulte 7 years ago. We have been so satisfied we are seeking to build another home with them. Yes there were some issues when we first moved in but Pulte was quick to fix them. The quality is top of the line builder grade. Between my husband and I we have previously built 5 homes so we knew we had to continually check while our home was being built. This is the case with any builder. We love our home and hope to build a similar home in the location of our choice.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

We purchase our home 13 months ago. What a disappointment this experience has been from day one. The quality of the home is very poor considering the purchase price was nearly 300k. They have a 1 year warranty for issues but getting things fixed and correctly is another issue. There have been so many issues we have lost count. Thirteen months later we are still waiting on repairs. I will never buy a Pulte home again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Would recommend not working with Pulte in Auburn Hills, Mckinney Texas. Zero follow through, zero commitment to process. Most of our items on our punch list were not completed at closing. Poor quality that wont be addressed. Our lawn wasn't graded properly and is complete mud. Pulte continually gives excuses and allows their contractors to go on vacation even in the middle of closing. We had 3 final walkthroughs that were a total disaster. Our HVAC inspection failed twice from the city and they still tried to get us to close. As a first time owner who just saved 7 years to build this house I can say I'm disappointed and angry. At one point was even told that our house "was the worst one we've had in the neighborhood".

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I would avoid Pulte Homes with every effort. I know there is always a degree of frustration with building a house, however, our experience has been like 5 months of dealing with a cheap, used car dealer. The house is getting ready for pre-drywall inspection (was supposed to be first week of October), we have been dealing with large cracks in the block, they put one of the lag bolts through the main sewage drain in the foundation. They broke up the several feet of the foundation in that spot and then another few feet in an adjoining room for some reason. All of that during the middle of November, and nothing has changed since then.

They have also not done anything about the construction folks smoking and just dropping the cigarette butts all over the house. In several places, the cigarette butts have almost caught fire and are leaving burn marks all over the flooring and framing. We have spoken numerous times to our Building Manager, and others above him. Nothing has been done. If any of you are interested in more details regarding a full list of the issues and actions, let me know. There are several builders in the subdivision, choose another. Building with Pulte is more heartache than it's worth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

If I could give 0 stars I would! After buying our home in 2014 which was a new build we have nothing but problems, from them ignoring an independent report and the whole floor cracking in half, the garage door coming off rails from house movement as they didn’t put in a drain. The air conditioning zoned all wrong. We had water pouring through the ceiling into the kitchen, ripped carpet, tree planted easement, electrical problems constantly blowing the circuit box. Now we currently have three different colors of paint on the wall, wrongly installed tile, items stolen from us and they didn’t even do a police report. Sending workers to do the same job three times over. They have damaged our appliances, we have gone through four different managers and having to explain the same situation over and over again.

We have not been able to enjoy our home since we moved in and still are being messed around. We have ceilings not painted, we had a painter come out and paint the ceiling three times and it's still not cut in and paint dripping down the walls. We have now been waiting almost a year to get our repairs from the damage they did last year when reinstalling the floor. My daughter had an allergic reaction when they tried to make us stay in the home whilst they ripped the whole tile out downstairs, it looked like a war zone and was so dusty my daughters mouth swelled up. We have yellow glue all over the doors from them sealing them. I came back one night when they were installing the floor as we had to stay in a hotel and found some random guy in my daughter's bedroom! Currently the bathroom grout is all falling from the bath And Is cracked.

The baseboards are all scratched and the caulk is stained from the grout from the when the floor was done. The floor grout was the wrong color and was a sand color when the tile is dark wood looking so they tried to drain it but it's all different colors. The amount of things that have been wrong is unbelievable as I can give a huge list. A manager even came in and said the craftsmanship is so shabby in the home! This hasn’t felt like home since we moved in. This week someone was suppose to have done repairs so I blocked three days off from work, after being told a company was coming out to fix the tiles and bath I had one guy show up and left after an hour, not sure why he didn’t work all day but nothing was done.

Next day I said I needed to go to the hospital as my son was there and I had an important meeting with his doctor, I asked for them to send the tile people after 1pm, they didn’t get back to me so I expected this was ok, I drove 40 min to the hospital and rushed back for the tile people who never showed up! When I asked Pulte about this they said I didn’t answer the door in the morning and they couldn’t change their schedule, they didn’t bother to tell me and I drove 40 min back to the house for nothing, so I had to drive back to the hospital again! I also find it hardly unlikely anyone showed up as I didn’t leave until very late. We are extremely disappointed with Pulte and would never ever consider purchasing a home from them or recommend them. Their management and customer care team may be the worst I have ever encountered from any company. We just want our home finished and Pulte out of our lives!!!

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2017

Company has agreed to compensate us as per agreement.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Pulte Homes, doing business as Centex homes in Washington State is building the North Hill development in Duvall, WA. To open this development, Pulte/Centex excavated and removed dirt from our property to install an underground Pipe and Swale to construct a stormwater conveyance system. Pulte agreed in writing to compensate us for all dirt removed from our property during this work. All excavation work was done by Pulte’s sub-contractor, Goodfellow Bros Inc. (GBI) construction.

The work began in July of 2016 and paused in November 2016 due to seasonal work restrictions. On Nov 15th 2016 Pulte provided a value breakdown of the dirt excavated to date and promptly paid us in December 2016: 202 Cubic Yards (CY) purchased which they paid $4,000 or $19.80/CY for. In writing, Pulte stated that this is the fair rate for compensation based on quotes I provided from local dirt sellers and not GBI valuations. Our agreement is to use same approach/price/rate for the remaining excavation work. This was verified in two separate emails, in person, and on the phone.

In July of 2017, in good faith, we allowed GBI to re-enter our property and complete the work. At the conclusion of the work, we requested timely and fair payment as agreed. The response from Pulte representative was that GBI has provided a new valuation of $7CY X 350 CYs removed and that Pulte was unwilling to pay the agreed value of $6,930. Instead, we will be paid $2,450, a difference of $4,480.

I have since contacted local dirt sellers and received multiple written quotes that support our agreed fair price of $19.80/CY. During my research I contacted GBI, Pulte’s sub-contractor, who provide the low ball $7/CY quote, and was told that GBI does not sell dirt. This fact was acknowledged by Pulte on 8/21/2017, yet they still insist on using the new GBI quote in their attempt to re-negotiate our agreement. As of today (11/27/2017) multiple follow ups with Pulte have gone ignored and no payment has been made despite the work concluding in July 2017. Pulte has removed 350 CY of dirt from our property, cast aside our agreement, and not paid anything for the 350 CY.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

PULTE HOMES WARNING: if you are thinking of going with this homebuilder you might want to take these things into consideration... Be prepared to get on your hands and knees with a razor blade and barkeepers friend to clean the glue, pencil marks, and dirt off your floors. If you are expecting to have toilets that flush properly this is not the builder to go with. If you enjoy seeing feces and toilet paper floating around after two or three flushes, then this is the home for you.

In the kitchen, if you want shelves that actually hold dishes, again this is not the builder for you. The shelves are warped, with cheap plastic clips that don’t stay in place to hold the shelf up, not to mention the crooked doors that they can’t seem to fix. I could go on, but let me sum it up with this, expect cheap material, poor workmanship, and nothing but excuses and no follow through from warranty. Your first year will be spent in battle trying to get the home you expected, and should’ve gotten.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We have so much problem with Pulte, the construction is poor quality, there no service responses in service tickets. They come as a guest to look and they never care for homeowners problems. One issue Pulte is taking 6 months to fix and still it is not fixed yet, we have taken several times off without pay and they even not fixed even after several calls including escalations. It's frustrating with Pulte and we are feeling very bad that why did we bought house from Pulte. Very bad experience with Pulte. Even after so many complaints they never show up.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

It has been 8 months of stress and lost time... I still do not have sealed doors! They promise, fail. Promise. FAIL. Promise…then make the problem worse than the original complaint. Escalation only seems to add to the incompetence. I have NEVER seen anything like it. The day we closed they LOST THE KEYS. It has only gotten more frustrating from there. I can't even get paint patched in under 6 visits. Pathetic.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

DONT TRUST YOUR PULTE FLOOR PLANS!!! I purchased a custom-built home from Pulte in 2015. This was one of the first luxury subdivisions they have built, and it was immediately apparent that they are not accustomed to higher quality standards. The customer service representatives were only helpful if you had no issues or complaints. They are not responsive or cooperative if there are problems with the build.

I found an error on my official floor plans. My garage doors are described as being 9 and they were built as 8. When this was brought to their attention, they responded by telling me they can make changes/edits to the official floor plans without notifying the homeowner or the City. My concern is that there were more changes to my floor plans of which I am unaware... and I have been told that I do not have a right to know the other changes that were made. So not only are they refusing to fix the garage doors according to the submitted and approved floor plans, but they are unwilling to tell me what else has been changed without notification.

It is absolutely frightening that you can purchase a million dollar home and not have accurate floor plans. How could any reputable contractor ever make repairs/renovations to my home in the future knowing that the floor plans are inaccurate??? I desperately wish I would have hired a lawyer to review all of the documents in advance as well as a project manager to monitor their progress during the build. Pulte has exceedingly poor customer service, isn’t interested in concerns if you are unhappy and have made it crystal clear that they will do as they please without any regard for the consumer. Please proceed with extreme caution if you are considering building a home with this company. Please don’t take anything they say at face value. Please don’t trust your official floor plans. I regret building a home with them and would never consider using them again or recommending them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Have only lived in house 6 months and have had master bath shower tile changed 4 times due to wavy floor pan and very crooked grout lines still needs to be fixed again. Main floor in master bath has been changed twice and still needs to be changed again due to tiles coming loose. Driveway pavers continue to come loose and all they do is cement the loose ones down instead of redoing entire edge so when it rains they all shift again. Appliances mounted crooked, too many electrical outlets on one circuit, customer service is a joke, takes a week to get a response and then does not want to help repair items even though under warranty.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We are in good standing with our mortgage, have NEVER missed a payment. Recently Pulte sold our mortgage to LoanCare, a company with a 1.2 star rating out of 208 reviews - in just the last month mind you. Sold our mortgage to a company with multiple complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and a company that has pending consumer lawsuits. Pulte should not be doing business with such companies. Shame on you Pulte.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Pulte made a big show of explaining the first 30, 90, and 1 year of customer service. Even provide a nice folder with vendor warranty information, Pulte contact numbers, etc. The problem is no one ever answers the phone at the Houston number 713-749-8009. Once you're in touch with a Customer Care Manager, you will be provided with that person's contact number. However if they decide to stop talking to you because they are not resolving the problem, then there seems to be no recourse. So tip to future customer - the follow-up service is a joke and not true. There is NO follow-up.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

It is actually quite difficult deciding on the perfect place to start as this has truly been the purchase from hell! I guess let's begin with the fact that our home was supposed to be complete by September but we were not actually able to close until February of the following year. Of course there was zero remedy offered by Pulte for the inconvenience and practically zero updates or clear reason for the many delays. To make matters worse, Pulte was building the exact same floor plans in another community less than 2 miles from my location. Lets just say homeowners in that community started the purchase process 2-4 months after us and were closed and moved in before end of year (2016). Throughout the building orientation and multiple walkthroughs and now being in the home for nearly 10 months, I can definitely agree with a common theme throughout many reviews pertaining to the cheap labor and poor workmanship of home.

The more concerning issue that prompted me to leave this review came roughly 3 months after closing. Our pathetic Pulte sales agent had sold us and the other 33 homeowners within our community on $210 HOA dues which were to include water usage to each individual home. We were also promised gated entry/exit access, which later was cancelled and removed from the building plans. On the subject of water, we were unpleasantly surprised with water bills from our local county water company going into our 4th month.

Long story short, Pulte had to remove water being included in the $210 amount due to budget constraints and sub-metering issues. Without informing any of the homeowners, water was transferred out and homeowners were now responsible for both the $210 HOA fee in addition to individual water bills. No communication or apologies were event sent out by Pulte or management company for HOA. There were even homeowners that closed in June (months after water issue became public), that were still promised by Pulte and the sales team that water was in fact included in the $210 amount.

During our initial HOA meeting with Pulte, the company representative deflected all the blame back to the sales agent and ruled it as simply a clerical issue. We were also threatened that we would have a deficit within our HOA account in the first year if we elected to have the water covered by HOA dues. The frustration we have is that not only was water promised, we are paying $210/month without any community amenities such as pool, playground, clubhouse, tennis courts, walking trail, etc. We are even more outraged that Pulte refuses to accept blame and offer concessions or correct issue. Like many other owners, for my wife and I this was a deciding factor to purchase home over many others we had looked at in our area.

We are now in discussions with a real estate attorney in hopes we can finally hold Pulte accountable and get a fair resolution and/or compensation which is deserved. I would advise all potential buyers to LOOK ELSEWHERE. Pulte lures you in with creative literature, beautifully designed elevations and buyer incentives. After a contract is signed, the service, quality and dream home you think you have agreed to buy becomes a nightmare from hell.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My Pulte home is 11 years old. With regard to construction the roof has already deteriorated to the point of multiple leaks, rotted wood from poor installation, multiple plumbing problems as a direct result of original installation. Direct costs to correct have so far amounted to over $20,000. In addition, because of cheap ancillary items I have had to replace hot water heater, complete Air conditioning including air handler, microwave, garbage disposal and dishwasher. My wife and I are the only residents. We are both over 80 years old and consequently light users. Pulte is a lousy builder.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We haven't even been in our new home a month. Floors are uneven, bowed walls, countertops not attached, house not even finished. We had a final walk through and were told all would be fixed by home possession. Also we were sold a 10k lot so we could have a large entrance into our back yard with our trailer. We were told we would be included in the decision and that our house would be placed farther to the back and more to the side to access our needs. Drove by one day and the house was already being framed. Understand we have only been in our house 20 long miserable days.

These are just a few of the items: Doors re-framed (don't tell me again that Pulte does quarter round), house roof fixed, kitchen island repaired, kitchen island finished, countertop attached to island, ceiling repaired, light bracket placed correctly, ceiling texture redone, door knob to front door fixed, countertops in kitchen fixed, countertops in main bathroom fixed, molding replaced on cabinets, edges of cabinets fixed, cabinets in kitchen fixed, put correct cabinet door on Lazy Susan, fix stairs, fix railing, stain railing correctly, fix pain, fix holes in ALL walls, attach cabinets to walls correctly, place the new shelves inside cabinets, fix whole floor in master bathroom, paint walls that weren't painted, light switch in main bathroom, all broken wood in screen porch, screen door attached correctly.

Fix bowed walls, fix toilet seats, get cement off of house, trim on Arcadia door coming in through outside damaged. There are places through the house that haven't even been painted. The rails on stairs, damaged kitchen drawers, put in white toilets, kitchen window bowed, countertop not level, restain on handrail by stairs not done. Spots etc... Connection piece from rail to wall, not finished and has stain on wall and paint on railing.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My experience with a Pulte home is horrible. I have to replace the HVAC after 11 years. There has been a leak in this house for a long time due to the shoddy workmanship. I had a plumber out here when the drywall in the bedroom fell after the leak. He stated it had been leaking for a long time. Obviously the inspectors did not catch it. So almost 9500.00 later I will never buy a Pulte home again. Make sure you check everything before buying a home. Waiting for the next disaster. Have never written a review. But to re-emphasize buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

This year we had heavy rains during the monsoon season in the Phoenix area. This caused the ground to collapse where Pulte put in the utilities... The area was not properly compacted. In my small neighborhood of 100 homes, I have found this has happened in more than 10% of the homes. The ground collapse swallowed up part of my paver walkway. Pulte denied warranty because in their warranty clause, any modification or alterations not performed by Pulte will void the warranty... In other words, since my landscaper put a paver walkway over the utility trench, the warranty is void.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I am at the one year anniversary of moving into my new Pulte home in California. The buying experience was great considering our agent went above and beyond to help us through the buying process. Upon move in we discovered many of the "tract home" issues such as walls that were not straight. Running toilets, electrical wiring problems, scratched glass windows, poor paint quality. Some of the lowest cost issues were resolved but never to our satisfaction and often I had to play contractor and be home for countless appointments.

After a deeper investigation of our home we discovered the following major build quality issues. Bathroom floor is so uneven that the tub doesn't drain. Kitchen stove tilts down and to the left. The wall above the fireplace heats up to over 180 degrees F. Quarter inch stucco, minimum requirements are half inch. The interior walls are so cheaply built that sound radiates throughout the entire home, this is most annoying in bathrooms.

Pulte has not resolved any of the issues or even admitted that a problem exists. They literally deny that the tub does not drain even though you can see it. They deny the stove is uneven even though you can see it and measure it with a level. They don't care that our home might burn down even though they have a faulty fireplace. Pulte uses the cheapest materials and labor you can find. Pulte is trying to exhaust me so they do not have to fix any of the issues. Pulte has literally robbed me of the money I gave them to buy my home.

The best analogy I can come up with is that if they sold me a new set of tires for my car and upon delivery I discovered that two tires were flat. They would first deny they were flat, proceeded by flattening the other two tires, then make me sit in the waiting room for three days and send me on my way hoping I never return. All along while cashing checks.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I requested warranty service for crack on side walk concrete last October but it has been delayed with their many excuses like weather, waiting list, personnel transfer and so on. Pulte is not accountable for warranty service at all. Stay away!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Stay away. I have never written a review in my life. Pulte quality are just plain "**" mistake throughout the house. I’m a first time home buyer and Pulte scam me. They told me I have to down $20k to start building and I did. Later I found out other builders only needed $5k. They terminated my contract and said I didn't submit my final loan approval to them and take my $20k as collateral damage. I emailed their loan and said that their closing cost is off the roof so I’m going to use other loan and a week later I got a letter of termination. What a scam son of **.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Our loan consultant, Mike **, doesn't give a straight answer unless you press him for one, and he never gets back to us regarding loan processing in a timely fashion. Two months, one declination from Mike ** insofar, and probably another declination soon. This company has run our credit 3+ times over the last two months, cutting us down. Between the two of us there's income stability, reliability when it comes to paying our dues, and cash IN HAND. Pulte Loans, Pulte Mortgage, whatever they call themselves - they're awful, cost more money than they're worth, and only create more stress for the applicants.

Original review: July 31, 2017

My wife and I bought a home in 2016 with the motivator being we are having a "reputable" builder construct our first home. During construction they left our Bermuda Tif 419 Grass outside on the driveway in 95 degree weather, without being attended. The pallets of grass were in the same position, not watered or up-kept for 10+ days. Fast forward 3 months. I properly maintained the newly sodded yard with respect and care regardless of the amount of weeds we saw. While we were digging to create landscaping and a garden, the sod came up like a pancake with a shovel, when it should have been well rooted. 95% of the yard was covered in weeds and if you could pull up the grass with your hands - very poor quality installation.

My wife and I complained and Pulte pushed back on the issue as it wasn't our fault and we had pictures with time stamps of the grass being neglected prior to installation. Finally, Pulte reluctantly gave us 2 pallets of grass that was of "better quality". IMO they should have replaced the entire yard, however, they did not. I stayed home for the removal, and installation of the new sod. A crew of about 4-6 workers tore the old sod, hauled it away, and then installed the new sod WITHOUT 2 INCHES OF TOP SOIL. As a FIRST TIME HOMEOWNER we were not aware of what problems would come to rise as the weather got hotter.

Since the 2nd installation, I follow all proper cultural practices of the sod and take soil tests. I use a slow release, low nitrogen fertilizer that does not cause burn, and I also apply the correct pounds per 1,000 sq/ft. I have also applied Compost 3 times a year with no more of 3/4 of an inch on the soil.

Fast forward to this year in July of 2017. I notice that we have grey areas in the yard. Not areas that are dying, but areas that are considered "burned out". Not until July was our weather beginning to reach about 100 degrees on a daily basis. Also, the problematic area is in the backyard, which receives FULL sunlight.

Upon recommendations from a few master gardeners from A&M, I was advised to water the areas in question and stick a screwdriver. Bermuda Grass should be 1.5 inches in depth, and the added top soil should add 2 inches to the screw driver. I stuck the screwdriver in and it went down about .5 inches before it hit rock. Now, I understand that there may be pieces of rock the landscaping crews missed, so with that in consideration, I tested using the same method in 14 other areas in the yard, all hitting rock.

A friend of mine who is construction told me it had to be construction debris or large chunks of rock that the builders didn't confirm that was removed before the sod was laid down. My yard is about 2900 sq/ft, and 1500 sqft has rock or construction debris underneath it that doesn't allow for the roots to settle, and dries out the grass causing it to die. Mid July, I reach out to Pulte, and they came by to take pictures. He said he would follow up with me but to send him the soil tests from the previous year, and provide receipts for the top dressing. I did not have records of soil testing from the previous year as there is no need to keep old levels of tested macro/micro nutrients. Once you take a test, you keep it, and then you throw it away once the next is taken as it is baseless to the conditions of the grass.

Also, I didn't keep receipts of the top dressing because I didn't think this would be coming up in questioning, nor did I think I would have chunks of rock/debris under my lawn. I reach out after 3 weeks to my representative WF in the 78260 area code, and he tells me that since I failed to provide the appropriate documentation, that they will not be replacing my grass. Also, he stated that since I failed to report it earlier in the year (when the temps were much cooler) that it's nor "their problem". I was infuriated. I told him that this wasn't apparent until the hot weather came. He told me "Well, you should probably take better care of your yard". I told him that I will not be disrespected like this and that I was disappointed that the builder who claims to be of top notch in the U.S is acting like a child.

I am pursuing legal matters and developing a CA Lawsuit as 15+ people in my neighborhood have issues with the same thing, and Pulte should be held responsible as they should have made sure the sod was installed correctly: 1. Clear debris 2. Till the soil 3. Apply top soil 4. Apply SOD. Steps 1-4 make sure SOD is being maintained and not sitting in 90+ degree weather.

Original review: July 28, 2017

A/C, range top, bathroom sink, and craftsmanship. A/C, you got to reset breaker in the garage when it stops working. T.A. Kaiser has worked on it 6 times in one month. They are overworked and inept. Now the 7th time which was 6 days ago A/C stopped working on 7/22/17, no call no show as of 7/28/17. Range top cracked... polish it and found the crack in the top. Pulte Homes are lemons.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We had a really good experience throughout the entire process. We've been in our house now for 11 months and are still happy to call this our home. Pulte was very attentive to fixing any of our issues quickly and by closing, we were completely satisfied. I feel that only the people who have bad experiences are the ones to take time to write the negative reviews... there are plenty of us who had great experiences that don't take the time to say so.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Bought 2014 home that apparently has an undersized A/C. Found out that this was brought to the attention of Pulte during first 6 months they were in the home. Pulte never fixed the problem even after the previous owner documented and provided all info needed to prove case. Owner gave up as they only used home part time. Pulte Homes warranty is now not responding to me as I have picked up the complaint as the new owner. Also, Pulte corporate offices also don't respond. A/C set at 78 degrees and runs all day to cool home and should not. A/C was inspected and working fine. Just need Pulte to fix the problem that the never did fix in the beginning, which is the air handler and air compressor are significantly under sized for this home they built. Terrible customer service.

Original review: June 10, 2017

We have had no major problems with our home since buying in June of 2016. Since our year warranty is coming to an end we contacted Pulte to fix issues that should be under warranty. One of those problems was a big bulge and dip in the flooring of our loft. A Pulte person came out to look and told us "The bulge is from a major structural beam and they have talked to the engineers and there is nothing they can do about it." He also said that the dip in the floor "meets standards for the type of flooring we have." When asked what the standards were he had no answer. So we went to manufacturer website for our flooring and looked at standard. According to them it is not within standards, and because the floor is not leveled it voids their warranty on the flooring. Pulte's answer to this is to send what they told us was a "flooring company" to look at. Guess who showed up? Someone from Crownco, Inc., a partner of Pulte!!! Not a flooring company!!!

They look at it, no tools, not levels, etc. and say "it looks fine to me". We then get a call from Pulte telling us they will not fix it because the floor "functions like it should". WOW!!! Of course the floor functions, but it is not suppose to have a 2 ft. by 2 ft. bulge and dip that sinks when a 100 lb. boy walks on it??? I then call the Pulte office and try to talk to someone higher up and he tells me the same thing! I tell him if they aren't going to fix it then I am going to a lawyer. He then tell me if we go to a lawyer then our home warranty is void!!!

I share my feelings of being treated like an idiot from the Pulte rep that was at our house (he was explaining it is normal for the floor to flex repeatedly. A completely no "duh" comment as it's floating floor). I tell him my husband and I are well educated (mechanical engineering degree and master in education) and do not like like being treated as if we don't understand the concept of a floating floor. The Pulte guys says, "Do you have a Masters in flooring?" Very snarky. OMG!!! I am in shock that a company could treat their customers like this!!! Buyer beware when buying a Pulte home!!!

Original review: June 7, 2017

We closed on our Pulte home on June 26, 2016. 11 days later we reported a problem with drainage, water draining directly into the box for the sprinkler controls. To date, 6-7-2017 we have only gotten excuses and even accusations of tampering with the drainage. Calls and emails are not returned. In addition, we have a drainage problem that goes under our driveway only to hear excuses and being ignored. The problems with construction keep coming and are being addressed, but it is a constant flow of workers in and out of the house to fix these things. This is our sixth new home in Texas, first Pulte home, and the worst home we ever had, and the worst customer service we have ever received. I would not recommend a Pulte home to an enemy.

Original review: June 4, 2017

We are not happy with how the process was going, things were delayed and in 3 weeks we decided not to go for it but unfortunately we lost $5000 deposit of ours, which they told that we could get the money back in that situation in 40 days, later on when we changed our mind about buying home in 3 weeks they said it was only the case when our loan application declined. But they did not mention this before, it was a cheap dishonest sale trick that got us. We also got a design meeting where things start adding up and low level upgrade was going to us almost $15K more to us. So there were inconsistencies compared with what we have been told at the beginning. So watch out! Read online Pulte Homes reviews before making a big decision. From our point of view, I will never choose Pulte ever!!!!

Pulte Homes Company Information

Pulte
    www.pulte.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use