Pulte Homes

Compare Home Builders and Developers

Research top Home Builders and Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We closed on our Pulte home on June 26, 2016. 11 days later we reported a problem with drainage, water draining directly into the box for the sprinkler controls. To date, 6-7-2017 we have only gotten excuses and even accusations of tampering with the drainage. Calls and emails are not returned. In addition, we have a drainage problem that goes under our driveway only to hear excuses and being ignored. The problems with construction keep coming and are being addressed, but it is a constant flow of workers in and out of the house to fix these things. This is our sixth new home in Texas, first Pulte home, and the worst home we ever had, and the worst customer service we have ever received. I would not recommend a Pulte home to an enemy.

We are not happy with how the process was going, things were delayed and in 3 weeks we decided not to go for it but unfortunately we lost $5000 deposit of ours, which they told that we could get the money back in that situation in 40 days, later on when we changed our mind about buying home in 3 weeks they said it was only the case when our loan application declined. But they did not mention this before, it was a cheap dishonest sale trick that got us. We also got a design meeting where things start adding up and low level upgrade was going to us almost $15K more to us. So there were inconsistencies compared with what we have been told at the beginning. So watch out! Read online Pulte Homes reviews before making a big decision. From our point of view, I will never choose Pulte ever!!!!

Took a tour of Eagle Ridge in Snoqualmie, WA. Loved the homes and the area. However, the home prices they advertise on their website are about $200,000 higher. They advertise 650k - 775k, but good luck finding anything under 850k!! If you're looking for something in the 600k to 700k range, it's a waste of time driving out there.

My wife and I visited this brand new subdivision called Carmel Creek in the small quiet town of Hutto, Tx., where Pulte Homes was the manufacturer of the homes being built. We took our own realtor and had an outside lender (not with us), but in our back pockets just to have that option. We spoke with a Pulte associate and once we informed him that we had our own lender, he seemed to not want to deal with us unless we used Pulte Lending, from that point forward. We moved forward and designed our home on his computer. After that we picked out a lot in the neighborhood, and the Pulte associate asked that we put down a $1500.00 deposit for the lot, so he could hold the lot for us. We then submitted the $1500 deposit check as requested, and per our realtor, I called Pulte lending just to (shop around) and get their quotes/numbers on the house we designed on the computer.

Upon speaking with Pulte lending, their numbers were a lot financially higher than our lender, and higher than what we expected to pay. I informed the Pulte lender that we would not be needing their services from this point further. The Pulte lender then proceeded to not listen to what I had to say and began to talk over me and our conversation went downhill from there. A couple of days went by and I was on my way to Pulte to retrieve my $1500.00 deposit check when I was notified by my bank that the $1500.00 check had been cashed. I was very angry that Pulte would cash our $1500.00 deposit check after I had informed them that we would not be needing their services for a home or a home loan. I immediately called my realtor and she informed me that she would work with Pulte and attempt to get the $1500.00 deposit check back for us, as they should not have cashed it.

Our realtor explained to us that our process of building the home had not even started yet with Pulte Homes, and that the $1500 was only a deposit for the lot. This was on April 21st, 2017 when this occurred, and our realtor has had no luck with getting our deposit check back. It just seemed too coincidental to us that immediately following us letting Pulte lending know that we were not going to be needing their services any longer, they cash our deposit check. We would like this money returned, and can/will take this complaint higher if needed. Thank you for your time and speedy consideration in this matter.

I did a walk through before closing and noted a lot of touches that were needed that didn't get corrected from the final walk through. When I returned to sign the closing paperwork my house had spot all over it where they needed to come back and paint. In addition, my patio yard area was even close to being even. They just even the area for the patio and didn't worry about the rest of the yard. The enclosed fence was placed on the wrong townhouse then moved to my townhouse. A sprinkler was install since they didn't realize the enclosed fence was place on the wrong townhouse and it is wetting up everything in my enclosed fence area. My closing was 4/28/17. I am still waiting for them to correct the issues with the painting so I can move in. The painter finally came out today on 5/5/17 but they didn't have color of paint on the walls. Just imagine your new construction house looking like this after you signed the papers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Problem started from day 1. Every step of the there were issues. Never told there would be a manhole on the lot - provided plot without manhole. However, main one had it. What does that mean? When framers framed the kitchen wrong, instead of correcting it, they try to short change by installing 19 inch cabinets instead of 21. Roof leaked and supposed to be resolved, but see water damage on ceilings. Design center person gets all kind of stuff wrong, but it is written down with part number xyz, so consumer is wrong - only when she write down wrong part number and charges additional $$$ you are right and it takes 3 months and numerous emails to get that corrected. In all, a bad experience - crooked and bulging wall, 2nd floor does not cool: set 70 but 84 degrees in April and it is not July yet. We have not closed and closing is almost 4 months delayed. Where are my rights? How do I get earnest money back for faulty product?

I purchased the Noir Hill model on November 10, 2016. I moved in on January 6th, 2017. First of all, the noise of building starts before 8 am. Not sure what the law is in Manchester Township, but it's usually not before 8 am. I moved into a 55 and over so I would have less stress. I cannot get into my attic because of ladder weighs too much for me to handle. I had builder friends try it and they said this should be aluminum. The water pressure is horrible. The water has an odor. And NOW I have termites. On an inside wall, the termites have infested my molding. I have to pay $2,000 to have 15 baits installed. Also, the company I hired will come in the house and take care of the holes in my molding. That is unacceptable.

I have been in my home a little over a year. When I did my walkthrough in the beginning I noticed a crack in the tile. The builder told me to wait til my annual walkthrough before they fix it to see if anything else happens as the house settles. That is what I did so at my annual walkthrough they scheduled to fix the tile. The repair was completed but when all was dried and completed I noticed they used the wrong color grout. I brought that to the guy's attention and what does he tell me "We can't do anything about it if you want it fixed you will have to pay for it." WHAT!!! Your mistake why do I have to pay for it? Well nothing has been done and they are not fixing it and I am VERY UPSET that this is how they treat their owners. I am not and will not recommend them to anyone!!!

Our house purchase fell through due to wrong information that violates CARE guidelines. Sales staff who provided false information were not held accountable for their mistakes. Executive team including company President swept the incidents under the rug. Company SOX, corporate governance, CEO certification as filed with SEC appears all to be violated. Prospective customers looking to buy house for construction or house inventory are warned as sales staff makes their own rules unbeknownst to Executive Team and then turns around and ignores their mistakes.

I have contacted their external auditor and will be contacting SEC if I do not hear remedial actions taken to correct their detrimental operational processes detrimental and which places future customers at risks of sale/purchase contract(s) only beneficial for the builder. We have lost all trust with this company and my objective now is to inform as many prospective customers to be leary or not deal at all with this builder for their good.

They had installed the wrong counter tops 2 weeks before closing. I had to argue with 3 people before they agreed to replace, of course our design person had left the company. Still installing while we were moving in, brother in law had to help cut base because it was too large. On walk through I complained about a valley on the roof. 3 times trades came and told my husband it was supposed to be that way. 3 months later, had water stains and mold in spare bedroom. They had to come and tear off part of roof, ceiling and a wall, remove mold and insulation and replace. It's been 8 months now and our master bathroom has been tore out 3 times. We haven't been able to use it for over 2 months now.

Every wall in the house has been resurfaced twice, keeps splitting at seams, nails popping. All wood trim is either dinged, had brad nails sticking out 1 or more inches, or wasn't connected at all. Took 3 people and still looks like half of it should have went in the trash and not our house. Had them come and fix cabinets 2 times. All they did was squirt liquid nails behind trim, wipe it all over the top of cupboards and gave me a brown marker to fix the scratches and dings. We have chipped tiles at every threshold and 2 hollow ones in bathroom. First week in house and patio cracked, 2 weeks later garage floor cracked. These are tension slabs and we paid to have tile everywhere except bedrooms and den. I used to set tile for a living and I know if it keeps up we'll be replacing tiles. I heard that from a private inspector that our attorney's office sent out that there are over 100 homes in our new community of Florence having major problems.

Pulte Del Webb you should be embarrassed. You are stealing. When purchasing a new home. You expect things to be done the correct way. When mistakes are made and they will not face up to it. Excuses are always made, poor workmanship is never address as an issue. Nothing but lies and excuses and never their fault are given to the new homeowners. As a new homeowner buyer with them. It has been a constant battle from start to current time and not all issues have been resolved. Even after head supervisors have come to our home to address the issues. This is the biggest cluster **. It started with the sales people giving promises they knew they can never keep! "BUYER BEWARE".

While I thought that my daughter and I would be living in our Dream Home, and planed on keeping this house until the end, my Dream, became a nightmare. I wanted to be debt free, when I would eventually retire, and had paid off $243,000.00, with only 1/3 left to pay off. This represented my entire life savings. All seems well, at The Prescott Lakes Cottages, 11th Fairway, was the perfect location and view, except, the tile was suddenly buckling towards the ceiling in the kitchen, the kitchen walls had cracked so much, you could actually see inside the wall. I had contacted Pulte, but they were of no help. Many details, but while my home was "lifting on the right side", per Pulte engineers, they took 4 months to come to home, while I begged them for help, they blamed it on me, saying, "We're not sure, if this is homeowners cause".

Of course, I cannot make a home lift on the right side, and long story, but I lost my entire life savings, on a home that was under Pulte Warranty, as well as only 9 years old. My beautiful home was cracked along the entire home, tiles, walls, and ceilings. Please call me if you have any information, or would like to discuss possible solutions.

Pulte Homes in Franklin, TN has made our first home buying experience so stressful and unhappy. The quick move-in house ready dates that they publish in the advertisements are totally incorrect. The actual home won't be ready even after 2 months of that move in date that they mention. My family has already lost the excitement of the new home. I wanted to write this up because I do not want others to suffer as I am suffering by falling for their quick move in homes tricks. Be prepared to at least have some arrangements made for 2 more months of time from what they actually tell you at the time of signing the contract. Quality of the house material also did not seem to be too great. Very unplanned and irresponsible field managers. Next time, I will not even let this builder build even my kid's toy house.

This entire experience has been less than pleasing. I plan to do a full review of Pulte Mortgage later... RUN FOLKS. We closed on our brand new home and proceeded moving this Saturday. No hot water and no air working in the home. So there were men in and out of the house while we are trying to move in. They couldn't have checked such things? We closed on Friday at 9 am. Pulte lost the keys... SERIOUSLY. We had to wait until the end of the day to take possession because they lost the keys. I call on Monday because there is evidence of rodents in several rooms... The answer? BUY A MOUSE TRAP. A brand new home and I have to deal with exterminating it the second I move in? Don't expect service. It is a never ending cluster of incompetence.

My husband & I built/purchased a Pulte Home in Ocala Florida just over 1 year ago. The experience has been horrific to say the least. We were lied to by the sales associate, the field manager, the regional construction manager & the regional President. We purchased a zero edge sliding glass door as an option that was installed incorrectly, had a broken lock, has a broken track and Pulte is telling us the door works perfectly! We had to pay an expert out of our own pocket to the tune of $2000 just to make the door functional and it is still not working properly. We had a floor inspection completed and there are over 100 tiles in the house that need to be replaced that have lippage or are cracked due to installation error. Pulte told us to fix our own warranty problems and that they would reimburse us if they felt the item was warrantable! We have yet to receive any money back that we spend fixing their mistakes!

We had a home inspection done prior to our one year anniversary and they found MOLD on our trusses in the attic to the tune of $21,000 to eradicate the mold. Neighbors confirmed that they saw our trusses sitting out in the elements for over 6 weeks before being installed. Pulte knew the trusses had mold but installed them anyway! We advised Pulte of the situation and have not heard back from them.

Prior to moving in, we had conversations with the regional construction manager Greg ** and he told us to our face that Pulte would provide us with a livable home and that it would NOT be perfect. Then he lied to our face when we called him out on it in front of his boss and said that we misunderstood what he said. That should have been our first clue! Well Mr. ** lied again! Not only did Pulte give us a non-perfect house, it is also not livable due to the mold! These are just some of the issues that we have encountered with Pulte. BUYER BEWARE - RUN FAR AWAY FROM ANYTHING PULTE does!

Very unhappy with new home construction and customer service most of all. Pulte Anthem sun city Merrill ranch tore my home apart and left me with no customer support. Zero stars! Any help appreciated! Is there no loyalty. I'm a brand new homeowner and all I want is pride in my product!

Long story short, told by Pulte community manager two years ago not on our property BUT the HOA is responsible. Come to find out that Pulte has been in constant discussions with the HOA all to no avail. If you think that landscaping looks horrible you should see the entire rear basin. Nothing has been kept up. Promises made several times over the past 24 months that someone from the HOA Board would contact me. Well guess what! Not a single call, email letter. Zilch, zero, nada! Looks great for the value of the home. I could write a book here. Prefer not to. Would greatly appreciate someone with authority (other than the HOA who has ignored my requests) to please contact me and walk the physical property as well as the landscaping. I doubt anyone will.

We had bought our home from Pulte a year ago and have been happy with our home, until we began to find that our drain was backing up and would flood the entire shower area. After much research and calls to various plumbers, we finally found that the installer of the tile for Pulte carelessly washed loads of glass and grout down our drain on the install of the bathroom tile. It is not only inconvenient that we have to give up our Spring Break (both my wife and I are teachers) and these last weeks before our baby will be born in June to monitor the activity in the house all week for the cleanup with workers coming in and out of our household (they are only allowed demo and fixes from Monday through Friday, no weekends), but we were recently notified that the 12 tiles that are getting replaced are not in stock and are significantly darker than the original ones.

As stated with information from Pulte's warranty manual. Page 48 Section 27: "Flooring 27.3 Cracked or Loosened Tile, Brick, Marble, or Stone. The Builder, for a period of one year, will replace cracked tiles, bricks, marble, or stone flooring and will attach tiles, bricks, marble, or stone which have detached from a surface, unless the defects were caused by Homeowner's negligence. The Builder is not responsible for discontinued patterns or color variations when replacing tile, brick, marble, stone flooring, or grout. Hollow tiles occasionally occur and are not covered by the Warranty."

Being so young and buying a house to raise a family in with our child on the way (we are in our 20's) from Pulte, we feel as though we are being taken advantage of by the company and its warranty system. When we decide to sell our home, because we will not be in this house until retirement being so young of age, we will in effect have to replace the entire shower area's tile because of Pulte's mistake and refusal to change all of the tiles on the bathroom wall with a quilted mismatch of tile patterns. It is not as if they are replacing all the tiles in the house. They are simply replacing a few simple tiles on the wall of the shower area to create cohesion to the one viewing the wall.

I have called the manager of my community who referred me to the company line, and I am still waiting to hear back from Pulte after leaving a message with their operator. All in all, if you consider building with Pulte, take into consideration that there will be hidden portions of the warranty leading to costs that you will not know about, all because of Pulte's mistakes. If you are a company of integrity, you will want to do what is best for the consumer, young or old, and not try to fool the consumer with the bill for a few extra tiles because of one company's mistake.

Pulte Homes is different from Pulte Mortgage. Pulte Homes take the check and Pulte Mortgage cash it. Read the fine print - the earnest money is non-refundable. Pulte Homes say it is, but the fine print from Pulte Mortgage says it is non-refundable. They took $50,000 of our cash that we used towards the down payment. They told us that it would be reimbursed if we did not go through with the home before a certain date or if we are not qualified for a loan. Well, they pulled our credit and said we were all set to move forward. Then they realized that I had been self-employed and declined the loan.

I had been telling them over and over again that we were self-employed and the other lenders we approached to get pre-qualified said that it was a problem. Pulte Homes did not get the money back. They said that the money goes on a one-way lane with Pulte Mortgage, despite what anybody said and how big of a smile they had when they lied. They use cheap material of construction and everything is an upgrade. If they made pants, they would sell you a pair and having the zipper would be an upgrade. If you have an option of not going with Pulte, please take it and run away.

We are first time home buyers, and bought home with Pulte. Very low quality and highly priced. Not at all satisfied for the quality and also the way Pulte handled us during entire construction. Lot behind us had some soil issue and due to that they tortured with big earth moving machines for 4 months and they gave us so bad answer/reply when asked. We were mentally disturbed due to that heavy machines everyday that makes our home and hard wood vibrate. Even our old parents stayed with us for these 4 months time.

Also the floor squeaking from day one both hardwood in first floor and carpet are in second floor. They came to fix but still it is there and worsen now. Wood floor under carpet is loose and makes lot of sound. Is this the quality of a new home. This complaint is not only with my home. I keep hearing with my neighbors in the community. If you want to invest or buy a good quality home, please do not buy new construction Pulte homes. Old homes when it was family business was good (I hear this often) but now after it is gone public (shares) it is only looking for profit and money that too not at all worried about quality delivery. This is experienced and please do not buy.

Purchased brand new home in 2015 and 30 days after my life was a complete nightmare! My issues primarily have been with the heating/air and floor. Other things have played a factor but my master bedroom floor wasn't stable. My dressers and television shook anytime someone walked by - if you were downstairs and someone was in the master area you could hear every move they made. My son's room is over the garage and his room is hot year round. I had to take off work or leave work early at least 12 times to meet someone and I even had to move out of my home twice (1 week each time) in order for the repairs to made to my master floor.

I've spent money for a Structural Engineer and two HVAC companies. I have a complaint with the BBB and the NC Licensing Board For General Contractors. Why isn't something being done to prevent these big companies from taking our hard earn money and running???!!! Pulte also put Lennox units and Lennox has a major lawsuit against them. I was also told that Pulte and or Parks Heating and Air installed a small heating/air unit. I hope that I can sue the hell out of Pulte!!! My first time home-buying experience has been a nightmare.

We built a home in Corkscrew Shores, Estero, Fl. We have built several custom homes and we were a bit apprehensive about building with a mass production builder but it was time to downsize. We will have another couple of years before the last one is off to college and we can officially move in but the time was right for us to move forward.

I would say the single largest factor to my satisfaction with the construction of the home is the fact that I hired an excellent home inspector that has reviewed every last detail of the home. From the foundation, to the walls, the mechanical components, the roof and interior finishes, everything was carefully inspected. Of the two issues we had with the home, Pulte made sure everything was corrected long before close. And of those issues, only one would have had any effect on the structure of the home but it was corrected well before any issues would have arisen. We went into this project with the understanding that once they are done, they are done, regardless of what we were told and especially after reading all the reviews on this website. We have zero expectations that anything will ever be repaired but we also protected ourselves by hiring the inspector.

If you have a mortgage the lender requires you to purchase homeowner's insurance but they don't require anything other than an appraisal prior to closing. How would the appraiser know if the builder did such a poor job that it would be easier to walk away rather than make repairs? I have to assume the mortgage company does not care because they don't have as much at risk as you do. They have more to lose if your house were to burn down but for that risk you pay for the insurance. An inspector needs to be part of your budget and onsite during all phases. This is more important than the fancy light fixtures or other decorator features that can be added in later.

So overall I would say they did do an excellent job building the home. And if you catch any mistakes during the building process they will make the subcontractors fix it, it does not cost Pulte any money during this stage. Don't worry about a dirty mark on the paint, worry about what is underneath the drywall. We included a couple of photos of our home so people will know this review is real. There are just so many negative reviews on this site for Pulte; we took them into account and were able to make it a positive experience.

I am writing because I purchased a Pulte resale home in 2014, within about 6 months we have a leak in the ceiling over the garage, a pinhole leaks. Pulte came out repair it, within 4 months another pinhole leaks. Pulte repaired it. I also found out that the previous owner had several leaks that were repaired by Pulte. There was another pinhole leak discovered Jan 13th causing over 10,000 in damages, Pulte states that warranty is up and they will not repair. Today is Jan 30th and I yet another leak in the ceiling over the garage where Pulte came out to repair a year ago, again Pulte states I'm out of warranty. All of these pinhole leaks are due to faulty materials and workmanship. Pulte should take some responsibility since the leaks started while under warranty and are likely to continue. Buyer beware I own in Harmony out on the Lakes subdivision, Atlanta GA.

My master bedroom wall is not plumb and not at 90 degrees. The AZ Registrar of Contractors just told them to fix it. Because that wall is not plumb, the entire master bathroom walls are not plumb. I detected areas where they compensated for this three-eighth of an inch all along the way which means someone knew of this before the home was closed on. I am going to file for fraud and deceptive practices. They are pushing me to get it fixed and not going to happen until a structural engineer comes to assess. Write me if you are in Arizona especially. Had many other problems as well and their mortgage people need to be sued again. They have already gotten in trouble for this! Just go on your search engine and type in Pulte+Mortgage+Issues.

After closing with Pulte Homes 3 weeks ago we have to go to renovation of brand new house. Lousy cheap labor. Moldings have to replaced, scratches on floor. During fixing moldings, broke fireplace, broke window's glass, made more scratches on floor. Contractors: someone sick, someone didn't come, because too cold. Nails on moldings pop up. I wish the management of Pulte, who making money by cheap and nonprofessional contractors live in houses like they made.

Purchased a resell home in the Del Webb Peachtree Sun City community in the Atlanta, GA area. My roof had a water leak after six years and discovered the previous owner experienced a water leaked in the same side of roof shortly after they moved in home. Contacted Pulte about the water leak and they told us the roof was only warranted for five years. They sent a repair person who fixed the leak. 8 months later roof tiles started sliding off the roof in the same area. They sent a repair person at my cost, who determined that whoever put on the roof probably were using too much pressure in the operation of the nail gun and the nails went through the shingles. Contacted Pulte and told them that since we have had several water leaks and loose shingles in the same area there is obviously a workmanship problem with the roof and suggested that they redo the affected area of the roof. Pulte refused to repair the roof; again citing the 5 year warranty.

Beware of Del ** in SW Florida. The management is non-responsive to homeowners. This is especially important to retirees since amenities and activities are important. They could care less what you think once you buy here.

I have bought a house built by Pulte in 1995. Not sure what were the building code then, but I am sure they will not be this BAD. Few days back a chipmunk made a small hole in my vinyl siding of the house. I tried to replace the piece of it by myself. When I took the bad piece out, I was shocked to see that between outer vinyl siding and inner drywall, there is absolutely no insulation of ANY kind. I could directly see the exposed wires and drywall. I tried to inspect few other location and outcome is exactly same!! This explained lot of the issues we are facing in the house. Summer it's way too hot and winter are way too cold due to insulation or lack of it. Only option I have is to replace the siding and get the insulation around the house!! And it will cost lot of money.

I am currently under contract to purchase a new construction townhouse in the Vinings (Atlanta) GA area. I desperately want out of my contract after I discovered (note the "I discovered" as I had to point it out to the builder) a large VERTICAL crack in my slab foundation. The crack first appeared in the kitchen area and ran horizontally from there extending through the breakfast area and the builder filled this area in. The crack then spread out running under the friend door creating and revealing a vertical crack that runs all the way thru my foundation slab into the ground. It then continued to spread horizontally thru the entire first concrete slab of the patio. Please see the attached photographs.

The builder has only agreed to replace the concrete slab of the patio and offers NOTHING in the way of ANY repair to the crack in the foundation. The structural engineer that Pulte uses does not specifically address the vertical crack in the foundation but goes on to state that it is simply concrete shrinkage and poses no problem, therefore Pulte says they will do nothing to remediate the issue. I am stuck at this point and have decided to hire an independent structural engineer to come in and assess the damage. I would love to walk way from this nightmare but Pulte is holding my $19,000 deposit. This is a disaster. Pulte will tell you everything about how they stand behind their product before you buy, but my experience is proof that once they have your money they are done with that noble ideal.

I am currently in the late stages of building a home with Pulte. If it were not for the large non-refundable deposit I would consider walking away from this project. Many things were either promised to us or told incorrectly before the deposit and build contract were signed. After contract many things we were told either increased in price or were not offered. Thousands in option fees were added to the cost after signing and even though we had proof of the agent telling us one thing and changing her word both her manager and corporate executives didn't care to help. The area general manager is very rude and admitted that his agent may have not told the truth but there is nothing we can do. His offer of a resolution was for us to remove options that we did not want to pay the new increased price for. We are now one month away from closing and still having issues.

Large trees were torn down for construction behind our house exposing an apartment complex as our view from 1st and second floor, no privacy. We were told in writing by two agents that large trees would be transplanted to cover the view before closing. This has not been done and agent said since this is not on purchase agreement it will not be done, even though the trees were torn out after agreement was signed... Once again Pulte told us what we wanted to hear, knowing that our hands would be tied once promises were not followed through. This builder cares only about making a profit and not about the experience of its buyers. Do not trust this company. Our home building experience has become a nightmare and headache. I wish I could back out now and not lose the deposit.

Pulte Homes Company Profile