Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Pulte Homes Reviews

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

We were a victim of the "Camp" fire in CA and decided to relocate to Mesquite NV to leave CA wildfires behind. Thinking that Del Webb communities offered superior quality to go along with all of their other amenities we purchased a home in Sun City Mesquite. Do not be fooled by Del Webb's sales tactics - their "Build Quality Experience" is just a sales gimmick. Del Webb is owned by Pulte now and Pulte is just a tract house builder and the fit and finish of their homes reflects this. We spent over $40K for upgrades to our Kitchen, Master Bathroom and Flooring and the fit and finish is terrible. There is no quality control during the build process so nothing gets addressed until after you close on the house and then you are at the mercy of Del Webb's "Warranty Center" which is the most non-responsive outfit I have every dealt with.

The tradesmen they send to fix the numerous things that WILL BE WRONG with your house are never on time and act like they are doing you a favor fixing the things they were probably responsible for messing up in the first place. If you want to buy into the "Del Webb Life Style" but also want a custom look to your home I would strongly recommend you forgo purchasing upgrades from Del Webb and have them installed after you take possession of your home by qualified tradesmen. Del Webb is good at cranking out tract houses but custom work slows them down so they do not take the time necessary to do a quality job with anything.

We were hoping to purchase a turnkey new home but instead we have spent weeks trying to get all of the problems addressed by Del Webb's warranty department before we move into our new home. The inconvenience has been staggering and no one at Del Webb cares because they only care about quantity not quality - it shows in their attitude and it shows in their final product.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I had booked a home in Parer Crossing. It was one of their Quick homes which was ready to occupy. First of all they gave me less than 25 days for closing - they know if we shop around for other loans they will not be able close within the time period and out of no choice had go for Pulte Mortgage. So I was talking to a consultant regarding my requirements and my budget and we decided on loan and my closing cost amounts. So they dragged me to the last day before I had to sign for closing and they share the document to which had 2k more than we discussed.

They had send it to me on the last minute of the day and I was not able to reach back to them. I did not sign and that pushed the closing date. Post that it was all down the drain I was not able to reach anyone for answers for 2 days, finally when I told I will move out of deal they responded by saying it was different department who does the tax calculations and we had miscalculated the amount from their end.

Now as the closing date had moved they had charged 4k additional to what was discussed. That was too much for me by this time - I had to call 4 to 5 times just to get information and a fresh quote which never happened. They strategically timed it in such a way that I had to buy it with higher price. I decided not to go with it. Now they do not want to return my Earnest money of 5k even though their team messed up. It was totally horrible situation and they do not want to clarify information and it always leads to confusion. For the first time buyer like me it was surely a nightmare.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I bought a town-home a year ago and I already see some structural problems. They said they will fix it but taking more than 6 months to schedule it. Very sloppy job in finishing corners, edges of the house. Did not leave enough space for basic size refrigerator in kitchen, I ended up buying a 21 c.ft refrigerator. Sales person responses was horrible. Very poor loan approval process and loan officers get mad at people when we ask questions to change quote with different numbers and combination of loan terms.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I bought a Pulte home in Wilmington, DE and have had problems with water leaking inside. My exterior repair company has had to tear down the outside siding and said that the underlying protective paper was done very poorly, mish/mash, and not up to standard. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Really sad that a company of this magnitude is so out of touch with their customers. Reading through other reviews just confirms our dissatisfaction with Pulte. Shoddy workmanship throughout the house, disregard for repair requests stating it is not their problem anymore, and not returning the neighborhood green space to proper standards leaving trash and fencing in areas, as well as dirt and weeds. Hopefully they read these and take action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Pulte Sales Representative knew I had to sell my current home to purchase the Del Webb townhouse I picked out in Oxford. The sales rep highlighter where I had to sign on the contract and stated it was urgent to get it back to her right away. I trusted her, signed the contract without a lawyer viewing it and returned contract via FedEx with my $ 40,620. deposit. My house was not sold in time for May 2019 closing and now Pulte said I was default and kept my $40,620. No one is returning my calls..the CEO Ryan Marshall, Gen. Sales Mgr. Susan McGrath no one. Horrible, Don't trust any Pulte representative. Protect yourself, have a lawyer see everything when dealing with this company.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I don't know even where to begin, there are so many issues. In addition to numerous quality issues there have been safety issues like glass fixtures falling and the garage door not bolted into the frame causing it to slam down to the ground when closing. The latest is standing water against the foundation and water leaking into the basement. Pulte wanted to armchair the diagnosis by sealing the basement leak in the foundation. I told them this was unacceptable because it does not address what is causing the water in the first place. Finally after Pulte making scheduling difficult a representative came out and after 4 weeks no resolution. Boards have rotted due to this problem.

Pulte is not present during the construction process so these contractors cut corners with absolutely no consequence or accountability. Pulte is sub-contracting to the lowest bid and not necessarily with an emphasis on quality. I moved into this house in the Spring and have only had more damage when they have gone in to fix. My entire summer has been consumed with all of these quality issues. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Heed to all of these reviews, this is not a good product or a good organization for that matter. Once I closed it's been nothing but a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I wanted to buy a townhouse and stopped by their Naperville Columbia homes office at 11 am as per their published hours for Saturday. I had a busy day and had travel plans put if state later with the family. Nobody was there at sales office and the office was locked at open time and I called the number on the door and nobody answered. It’s almost 11:30 am and still there is nobody in the office. When you are looking to sell such a high value item then least you could do is open shop on it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The clean up job not good. The cabinets are not right, complain 2, 3 times and it still NOT perfect (upgrade cabinets). The doors are scratched, complain 2 times, and still can see all the patches (upgrade doors). Concrete sidewalks are bad at all the cutting. Same to the patio, the concrete was uneven. Don’t know why the field manager approves all the bad works, even after I complain. About the back out at the last minute. And NOW I’m regret for NOT doing it. Highly NOT recommend Pultes Homes builder to NEW home owner.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

While we love the area, we have been very unhappy with Pulte as a builder and Air to Air as their HVAC subcontractor. We have had issues since day one with both HVAC units and were informed by the Air to Air tech that the units had been repaired prior to our purchase of this brand new home. We tried to work with Pulte and Air to Air to no avail. Naturally they did the least possible until the two year warranty was up. Even though the history showed we had unresolved issues, since our 2 year anniversary, I can get zero response. We finally called a reputable licensed HVAC company. We had bad coils as well as several other issues. $2K later our 2 year old Lennox HVAC units are finally working properly.

Pulte Homes Company Information