2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Pulte Homes

Pulte Homes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Pulte Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Drywall is starting to bow 4 weeks after closing on our newly constructed Pulte Home. Using a stud finder, I found that none of the studs were evenly placed and some didn’t even reach the floor. It was a nightmare installing shelves. I just tried to hang shelves in the garage and found that none of the joists were evenly spaced per code either. I’m not sure how an inspector would have approved it. I now have to crawl into the attic and nail additional 2” x 4”s to the joists to hold my shelves. Nightmare. Shabby construction. When I called the Pulte construction manager, he directed me to the warranty company.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Absolutely disgusted with how they treat Veterans like me. Will not fix items they said they would. Will not respond, lied to us and are currently putting our home and family at risk with safety related items that need repair. It’s been 6 months. DO NOT BUY! Trust me, you will regret it.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I built a townhome with Pulte two years ago. I was not happy with the builders I worked with during the construction as I felt they were always rude and rushed and trying to more on to the next project. There were lots of sloppy paint and finishing issues that I noticed after the townhome was done and after a year I started having bad leaking in my second floor master bathroom that was moving down the side of the wall and into my main floor window. I have been emailing and calling Pulte for over a year and they have still not fixed any of my leaking. Someone came to look at it once for 15 minutes and said they would put a work order in to have it fixed and then I heard nothing for 2 months again. Now the leaking is getting worse and moved into the master bed room. I'm still chasing on this unresolved issue. I would not build with Pulte again nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Absolutely terrible. After spending 1 night in my house we had our first, but not last, major water issue. I haven't even slept in my house for weeks because of the 2nd major water incident in which they knowingly installed a broken dishwasher which leaked and leaked into my kitchen island causing mold. This was all in the first 6 weeks of owning this brand new house. I have major regrets working with Pulte and wish I had just bought an older house or gone with Taylor Morrison. This experience has been devastating to my wife recovering from surgery, my 3 very young children as well my my dogs, 1 of which is 15 years old in diapers and in his last legs. I work from home so I am unable to to my job or make a living as I work on commission. They have honestly cost me a lot money and personal suffering.

Pulte Homes is an awful company and I will be sure to let anyone who wants to know what they can expect when you work with a company like Pulte. Worst of all? There's nothing I can do about it because Pulte is a big company and I am just 1 person. But hey those guys made a few bucks off of us right? All in the name of profits. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did this to a family but something tells me nobody at Pulte has lost any sleep over us. I know I can't do much I suppose but I will share my experience with as many people as I can so they can avoid making the same mistake we made in building with Pulte.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

We bought our home not even two years ago as a new build. We have huge cracks in our wall and they just seem to refuse fixing. I would not recommend this builder. They are built too quick with little care of how these homes will hold up to standard. They also decided to put 2 bathrooms on the same circuit. My daughter and I can’t even dry our hair at the same time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We completed our final walkthrough six months ago. Unfortunately, we did not notice that there was a portion of the exterior that they did not paint. That's now our problem. They refuse to deal with this. I could have it painted for $200 or $300 but I decided to contact my attorney instead. They should be ashamed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

The initial experience seemed too good to be true...that should have been my first clue. They promise the moon and the stars. The problem is, they do not follow through with their finished product. I have had issues with landscaping and in the interior of my home which they make a million excuses for, or ignore emails until warranty runs out then feed you the crap "it's no longer covered". Have had a hole in my yard for over a year. They did not plant the trees, which are dead, that they placed in proposal to our County and are now say too bad, so sad. Much of the vegetation in community is dead or dying. The streets are torn up by the large trucks. The drainage on every lot has been an issue from day one. The HOA is useless. Do not buy from Pulte, you'll regret it in the end.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Pulte Homes/Centex home came with dead Palm trees. Pulte/Centex Homes has terrible customer service. Sold me 2 dead palm trees with my home. They refuse to replace the dead palm trees, knowing there was an issue with other property owners in the same community.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I was under contract with Pulte in June 2020 to buy one of their Germantown, MD properties. They lured me into a contract by offering $10,000 in closing credits if I used their lender, Pulte Mortgage. This incentive is what most buyers need to offset the 5% closing costs required for new builds in Maryland. When your closing costs are $27,000, you can see what I mean. The problem is that their contracts are structured such that by the time you find out that their loan products have terrible rates/terms, it's too late to back out of the contract and get your earnest money deposit back.

The Pulte Mortgage loan officer told me that Pulte has to jack up their interest rates, charge outrageous fees, and offer harsh terms so they can recoup the $10,000 incentive (and more) over the 30 years of the loan. Even worse, I was told that I had to show them "evidence" that I was receiving better offers from other lenders. When I showed them loan estimates from 2 other lenders, they said it the loan fee sheets "weren't good enough" and they refused to match the terms as promised. The goal post kept moving, no matter what I did to follow their instructions. I recommend to anyone out there, please save yourself the heartache and your $10,000 deposit by staying away from this scam. They are banking on the fact that you will be too far into the contract and too attached to the home to fight back. They should be ashamed of themselves for scamming people this way.

Original review: July 6, 2020

In the 4 years I have lived here we have gone through 4 different property managers. There is zero enforcement of the Docs. No road maintenance, weeds everywhere, dead plants in mulch beds, dead trees on property, and sidewalk and driveway cracks everywhere. Just last week the Board decided it was ok to allow a motorhome to park at the clubhouse when the rules do not allow it and it was the view for some homeowners for two weeks. Trimming of hedges and plants either too little or butchered when done. Clubhouse is used by neighbors from other communities without any enforcement.

It takes 6 weeks to repair gates when they fall victim to a rainstorm... Really! Lack of interest by Board to resolve issues other than selling new homes, which have had an abundance of poor construction issues. Difficult to get things done without a fight and just general lack of concern to the homeowners. Always an excuse for not doing what we pay for.

Pulte Homes Company Information