2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Pulte Homes Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

I am second owner of this house that was built in 2017. Previous owner occupied only for 5 months after job transfer and I moved in mid Aug. 2019. So practically it was brand new house. However, with total of 14 months of usage, top part of concrete is already peeling off and it is worsening as day goes by. I absolutely had no idea that builders warranty would be still effective until a months ago or so. I only can wish I knew that. Anyway, I searched up internet and easily found that the cause of concrete scaling is from poor workmanship. Concrete scaling happens when it was poorly cured with water getting freeze and defrost during cold month and let me stress that I live in Fort Mill, SC. So winter months are not as cold as up north.

Less than 3 yr old driveway looks horrible with bunch of holes where gravels got loosen up from concrete and concrete surface turns flaky and crumbs and it is spreading. It is not a good quality of concrete they poured and I will be surprised if they even used wire mesh/rebar when they working on it. I Submitted pictures and response I got was quote "our concrete contractor said there must have been some kind of acid or engine coolant or engine oil dropped!!" Yeah,I am sure if they will stand up for their poor skill and willing to do free work? Who are you kidding? First I do not have a car that leaks oil and I have not worked on a car out on the drive way. Matter of fact my driveway is levelled, so I cannot physically jack up a car!!!

Rest assured, Properly installed concrete should last for very long time. It is common sense. You do not have to be engineer to figure that out. Heck, driveway at my previous house that was built in 1979 looks better than this minus cracking from being 4 decades old. I wish I tried to look up reviews before I bought this house expecting that it was on the market for few months and someone shortly lived in. Pulte!! I really advice whom you subcontract your work to and hope this is not something you want to have reputation of who you really are.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Wish I would have never purchased my home in Santa Fe NM. I cannot believe the homes pass "Inspection". They will not fix anything properly or timely. They will enforce the Arbitration clause and force you through there own arbitrator "PWC". They will hide like the cockroaches they are when you shine any light on the poor construction by their "sublets" that they will sue later for breach of contract while you get a unliveable home. Pulte has leverage on all there sublets and their insurance companies - they will make more money suing their own sublets then they will ever spend to fix your trash home. Stay away! Stay away in Santa Fe.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Pulte has been very uncooperative and not reasonable. They have notified us that due to covid19 (and the health and safety of homeowners, and their employees) they may take an unusual amount of time to make repairs to our home in Arizona. That's fine with us; we understand. What we don't understand is that they are still requiring us to provide our punch list, even though we cannot travel there due to covid19. Incidentally, we are asking for an extension of only six weeks when we think we can travel.

Original review: May 9, 2020

An unmitigated complete trainwreck of a dumpster fire. Whatever you do go local. These people haven't a clue. 1st off they lure you in with a 9k closing cost option only for it to be less when your loan is figured out. Secondly they aren't buttoned up to save their life. 1st call for a 35 min interview was 10 mins late & at the end it was, "Oh sorry. I'm not the right person for you. I have to get you to someone else. They'll call you by the end of the business day." 3 days later ugh another 10 min late call to hand me to a processor to make an appt 7 days in advance. Processor blew off that call blaming it on a time zone issue. Even if that was true she was still off an hour & a half. Then she sends me the online homebuyer class to take saying this will really help my metrics. Nobody cares about your metrics.

Then I got an email meant to go to someone else. Then a call saying my ratios are off with numbers that don't even exist. Now I'm hearing horror stories from friends dealing with the same company about missed paperwork...missed dates, etc & when I ask my salesperson about it he says quote, "Let's just say I'm not unhappy when some people don't get into the home they want." Enough already. Stay away at all costs 'cause there's plenty of local people willing to help you that you can reach at a moment's notice. This place is epic bad.

Original review: April 10, 2020

In the beginning before they had our money it was a great experience. Once they had it, it became pretty bad, pretty quick. Never heard from our salesperson after we signed until the day I walked into the office and the 1st thing out of his mouth was "you're in default". Well that was not true, and if it had been why didn't he call. So I complained and we were switched to a very nice lady. She was great all the way through.

We used Pulte Mortgage and all was good until almost 2 months into the process when after trying over and over to talk to our lender she calls out of the blue and says we now do not qualify due to something in our 2019 taxes. Almost a month before we were approved through underwriting with conditions. Those taxes were uploaded to their storage site 3 days before our 30 day lending deadline. So you would think they would return our earnest money since in essence, they were negligent and did not notify us promptly. Had they done that, we would have cancelled and they would have had to return our earnest money.

So now, because of their negligence and mistakes they are refusing to return our money. I have tried being nice and not so nice but nothing works since they just do not care. I realize we are in the right, but the bottom line is they are so big with powerful lawyers that you can try and fight them for your money but good luck. All this happening right in the middle of COVID 19 and they still do not care. Of course that is just my opinion and I am sticking to it. Pulte Mortgage now just ignores my emails, and phone calls. We have proof of the date of the disqualifying document with a picture of it sitting in their online storage area with a date stamp beside it. We have even sent emails to the CEO with no replies. Not even one. Run the other way because you will not win.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: April 3, 2020

We are building a home in Creekstone subdivision in Buckner. So far Daryl ** has advised on the progress and I am impressed on this builder. Every step of the way they do a great job cleaning up the house and area. Daryl follows them on any questions I might have. So far this has been a great experience.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Pulte does not stand behind their product. With the slow down in home sales, you will have a choice in homes that are close to being complete. Drive past the Pulte communities. We had three pages of work that needed to be fixed after production. The manager chose to do the easiest of the work and has left us with a huge crack in our UPGRADED quartz countertop in our master bath and a master shower that is not level and therefore the grout lines in the tile are from 1" to a 1/4" inch up and down the walls. In the three months we have lived here, we are have without power for 18 days. We had to bring in our own electrician the last time because not having power in all three bathrooms was not considered an emergency!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: March 5, 2020

My wife and I had great expectations when we signed on to build our new Pulte house. It has been a nightmare. Even a month after closing, we are not fully moved in and paying storage fees. Hardwood floors and carpeting were installed over 3 weeks before closing and not protected. There was paint, spackle and sheet rock dust ground into the carpet and floors. We should have never closed until everything was fixed. Floors are scratched and carpets had over 100 blotches of paint on them. They went someone in with a damp rag to clean them up. All they did was smear the paint. Now had to move everything out to have a cleaning service come in to try and fix them. Floors will never be fixed.

Quality of finishes was sub-par to say the least. It took a crew of 3 a whole day to fix finished and still have issues. No pride in work being done and no training. I caught them putting second coat of paint on wall 20 minutes after the first coat was applied. I picked up the can of paint to show the builder that redcoat time was 4 hours. I was told too late, already done. Even after they left, I am finding areas they started to fix and forgot about it. I have wood filler on moldings waiting to be sanded and painted. I guess they’ll stay like that until I do it myself.

Landscaping was included. The sod was put down in 3 stages. As they had leftovers from another job, they would throw it down on our property. They finally completed it but put it down before sprinkler system went in. Now they had to rip it up and install that. Sod is now a mess. This is the third house I have built. By far, the most expensive and also worst quality. I would avoid them at all costs. Worst experience of my life.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Buying our first new from scratch home was a very exciting idea. BUT! One of the worst buying experiences ever. What a total and complete ripoff and waste. The materials and workmanship is like???? The school projects we did way back in the day when schools had industrial arts. Only then, when a mistake was made. Good teachers gave you the opportunity to correct them in seeking your best. We were so caught up in the hype of a new home, I was out @ our site every single day, and let me tell ya. I saw more BS (BAD STUFF) allowed that if they had a lemon law in place for construction.... this company would have failed and would not have been allowed to be in business. AWFUL!! I caught them placing busted boards with holes big enough to drive a VW Beetle through, Warped 2x4’s, cracked wood, etc.

My basement wall prior to my signing was as crooked as FORREST GUMP'S spinal cord... they did redo. After much discussion with of course. My 11 month inspection was a joke, because the minor issues they took care of, such as touch up paint, caulking and removing and stretching out some carpet areas where the floorboards popping now the whole entire upstairs pops throughout the upper level.

However, in my kitchen between the stove and the island where the sink is located the floor is so spongy, you feel like you’re walking on a trampoline. I have contacted the company representatives as far as the foreman involved who is no longer with that portion of the company. I have contacted their inspector. I’ve contacted his boss. I’ve said that I was going to go on the local news and still nothing! Out of the 30 homes in this community I know about half of the homeowners and each and every one of them have some type of complaint and many regrets that they bought a PULTE home. During my outside inspection of the 11th month I told the guy that my roof was sagging. He told me not to worry about it unless it collapsed. Duh.!!?

I mean I could go on and on and on. Last night we had a meeting at our annual board meeting and a lot of these issues were brought up so I found out that one guy had gone online as I’m doing now and made a bunch of complaints about his home's condition, and believe it or not they’re going to come out and repaint his house. I have asked that my house be repainted. I have submitted picture on top of picture and I was told by someone that he would do everything he could to see to it that it got painted because during the signing over of the home we all noticed missing paint from the outside of the home now but it is been over a year since we have been here.

The caulking has separated from the hardy boards. The boards are flapping during a good wind gust. I have a big chunk of concrete missing from my footing. None of my windows were plum. I went to Lowe’s about 15 times trying to get the window blinds to fit correctly because at the top and at the bottom of each and every one of my windows measured about the same but in the middle they bowed out, so I had a heckuva time getting that corrected. And with their mortgage company I bet we submitted the same paperwork every two weeks to a month during the build process. They kept asking for the same documents over and over and over and over.

But what really gets me about all of these companies and places of business everybody wants you to submit a survey at the completion of a purchase or doing business and my thought is if they did a good job to begin with you would need an extra warranty I’ll be concerned about a survey because you would have a satisfaction in knowing that you did a good job and the survey rating should be four or five star but not with this company so maybe one of their elite persons that look at these reviews Will tell those in charge. Maybe they’ll get to my house now and do what was promised to me back in August of last year.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My fiancé and I saw a new build in West Bloomfield MI. This is an extremely expensive area. There was a recent new build that we found online. The pictures looked amazing. We went to see the house and we noticed that the house didn’t look anything like the pictures quality wise. Even on the quality wasn’t really there, it still looked nice. Walking through the house you can tell that they didn’t use the highest quality of materials. But we really liked the space and we put in an offer that they accepted. My realtor sent us the information and I asked her if we had the seven day grace period to get the inspection done on the house. She reached out to the rep, and he told her that we could not get an inspection done and walk away if we didn’t like the results. Which was really shocking to me, because I’ve gone through this process several times and I’ve never heard that before.

My realtor even called the corporate office and they said that not only can we not get the seven day grace period for the inspection, and hold them accountable for whatever we find, they also said that they don’t match And honor whatever the appraisal ended up being. And that led me to this Consumer Affairs page. I looked at all of these comments and I quickly understood that this was not an anomaly. If you deal with Pulte, you’re going to sign up for a very lengthy years long process of terrible customer service and poor quality. Be careful y’all.

Pulte Homes Company Information