Find a Home Builders partner

Pulte Homes

1.3/5 (33 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Pulte Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Pulte Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pulte?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

We purchased our home in May of 2021 and moved in August 2021. The builder Mike was amazing as was the realtor for Pulte. Beyond that everyone we have dealt with has been a disaster. We have had so many issues since moving in, and even more issue getting Pulte to get the issues fixed. Many of the boards under the cabinets were not nailed down, drywall looks as though it was done by a child! There are so many drywall issues, knicks, uneven walls, and paint just dripping down the walls. The kitchen sink is not mounted correctly. Instead of clipping the sink in they mounted it to the side of our cupboards and two general contractors have come in our home and said this sink will fall. The granite for the sink was not cut properly therefore this is how they had to mount my sink.

The garage door has one spring which a garage repair man has come and said to support the weight of the door and every day use it needs two springs. The garage shakes violently as a result. The stair railings came off the wall. The master shower is leaking water due to a missing part on the door that has still not been fixed. The cupboards are coming off the hinges in the kitchen. Lights have burnt out that they said should last 10 to 15 years! And you can't just change the bulb. The whole light needs to be replaced. The cupboards in the kitchen are not even accessible due to the fact that Pulte does not put any knobs on the cabinets.

Our AC unit has gone out twice in three weeks and we are currently sitting with no AC. Called the emergency warranty last night at 10pm and got a call at 8am asking if anyone had called us through the night. When I replied no, the man said he would have someone call me back. No one from Pulte has reached back out and I have left several messages this morning to try and speak to someone. The AC people called and may or may not be able to fit us in in the next two days.

When the warranty guy from Pulte came about two weeks ago I explained when the house was being built there were times we would come in and find beer cans laying around and the guys smelled like **. His reply was shocking. He said there was nothing they could do about the beer, if the guys wanted to drink after work they could but Pulte does not condone smoking illegal substances while on the job! I said I have a huge problem with contractors using my home as their after hours drinking spot, and I am not convinced they weren't doing it while working as the craftsmanship in this home is so poor. It would make sense. They were drunk!

Overall the craftsmanship of this home is terrible, and Pulte just keeps telling us they lost money on the sale of our home. Honestly, we could care less we paid for a new build and got a poor product. Even if you lost money you should still take pride in the work and deliver a quality product. They failed to do so. I would not waste time or money on purchasing from Pulte Homes. We sincerely regret our purchase and will be working to move out of here as fast as possible!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I purchased a Pulte home 4 months ago. In terms of overall workmanship, nothing too major in my case (thank goodness for the reasons I will outline!). Many smaller issues needing attention, however, lack of attention to detail which continued past the "fixing it" point, because when they did come out to remove grout / paint and heavy scuff marks on the walls and floor as one example only, it didn't get completely done, and they were out the door before you knew it and couldn't inspect. Then electrical issues. Well they only work from 8-4 Monday to Friday. If you happen to also work Monday to Friday, as I do, rom 0730-430 and have any commute, you cannot be home during their hours of work. They will tell you that you will need to take time off from work to meet their 4 hour window requirement. For people getting paid by the hour....you do the math!

And there is no flexibility, they will tell you to call Division 16 Electric and work it out with them, but their hours, according to their message, are about as useless. 0730 - 330 plus they never returned 3 messages left over a week's time. Speaking of... I've also left phone messages with Pulte (3) and email messages (several) with one of their field personnel, Angel, with no response at all from Pulte Warranty Office, an occasional reply to some of several questions from Angel (after you talk to his boss). Just had to let others know, it doesn't seem like it's much of a warranty if you're not reasonably responding.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

We purchased a new home from Pulte in 2019 in the Aloravita Development and are having cracks appear in the ceilings throughout the home. We have contacted Customer Service/Warranties to only be told it is our responsibility and we should hire a structural engineer. This is disappointing to say the least. We have been hung up on by customer service representatives who can't provide any any help let alone escalate to someone higher in the organization. It would be nice if Pulte stood behind their work! Will never recommend Pulte Homes to anyone!!!! So disappointing for the amount of $$$$ spent on their shoddy workmanship!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

RUN RUN RUN!!!! Pulte is crooked, corrupt and an awful company to do business with. They don't follow through on their promises. Purchased a new home in Sterling Ridge community. Only at the beginning stages of construction and can already see that these homes are stamped out using the cheapest grade materials with the most untalented crews in the industry. Don't know how they are passing inspections but I have my suspicions. Bottom length of wood trusses butt fit in pieces connected with joist connectors. Sloppy framing details i.e. parts of sill plate missing foam barrier, cardboard sheathing haphazardly installed (over-lapped joints, different bottom lengths at sill, stapled, the worst (almost comical) air-sealing tape job I've ever seen, 10 yr shingles. I can only imagine what's next based on the reviews I've seen on many other sites. Carlos ** is the worse Field Manager, lack of communication all the time.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have new build house purchased with Pulte in La Grange KY; 3 week old house. I have Flooring coming out; HVAC not functional properly, temperature changes every day; Water leak in basement; Poor workmanship in landscaping. First time home purchase turned into Disaster and full of mental stress.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Purchased a new home in retirement community. Only at the beginning stages of construction and can already see that these homes are stamped out using the cheapest grade materials with the most untalented crews in the industry. Don't know how they are passing inspections but I have my suspicions. Bottom length of wood trusses butt fit in pieces connected with joist connectors. Sloppy framing details i.e. parts of sill plate missing foam barrier, cardboard sheathing haphazardly installed (over-lapped joints, different bottom lengths at sill, stapled, the worst (almost comical) air-sealing tape job I've ever seen, 10yr shingles. I can only imagine what's next based on the reviews I've seen on many other sites. Absolutely no communication.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I purchased a Pulte Home in Indio, CA in 2015. The house was excellent. Very well built. No complaints at all. I would still be there if it wasn’t 115 degrees all summer. Really, I am sorry for those who had bad experiences but I have to say that my home was terrific.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I am quite disappointed with delay in delivery of my home. When I booked my home, I was promised closing date as end of Aug. I understand that contractually they need to be safe and got contract signed for Oct, which gives them safety buffer. I was going by committed date and not contractual date. With the delays, they are now talking about delivery in Oct. I am just one month away from committed date and they are delaying the date by 2 months. Please learn from experience and plan accordingly.

Original review: July 22, 2021

House is appraised for $675K. I am sharing some photos of this wonderful house. Builders don’t give a damn about their client's #PulteHomes. Salesperson has told me that she can’t give me phone number for the upper management to talk regarding an unfinished home which was recently closed with a promise that house will be done by the time you guys close and then house will be done by time you will be back from closing. 5-6 hours work was left and most of that is still as-is after a Month.

Home inspection was done and there were many issues with the house. Got the house inspected again at given time by Builder but inspection came out almost the same. So basically no issues were fixed that came in Inspection Report. I asked #pultehomes if we need to postpone the closing due to house will not be done via email. #Pultehomes told us that it will be done by time inspector will arrive here. But nothing was done. Paid inspector again. I have both inspection reports on file. So I asked Pulte homes (Builder) again if we need to postpone the closing. He said everything will be done before closing tomorrow morning. So we came next day before closing for final walkthrough and everything was as is (still no work done). Only one guys was working on master bathroom bathtub.

Builder start making excuses that my guys got late last night so they are on the way and they should be here any minute and it will be done by the time you will be back from closing. So came back after 4-5 hours and saw house as-is, dirty with paint spots on floor and door handles, Switches and sockets not aligned, Sump pump pit with mud and trash, basement beams with mud on, a hole by the basement beam to the garage and all the other issues in the inspection report and the guy working on bathtub left the work in the middle before we came from closing and never came back. So we called Builder. Now it’s been a month and struggle still continues to get the house done since then. House should have been finished before closing. Builders shouldn’t force buyers to close on a house with false promises if house is not 100% complete.

When asked sales person to get me the contact for upper management. Her answer was that she doesn’t want to give contact information because she doesn’t feel like upper management should be involved and she is not authorized to give upper management phone # to a Realtor, Seriously! Builder built 6ft wall separating side yard from back yard with no access and saying that this is total normal. BUYERS, Make sure your house is completed before you close. DO NOT close on house if not at 100% completion. Waiting few days is better than struggling.

Original review: July 15, 2021

We built a Pulte home in Minneapolis late 2018. It was the same as the model home in the area as we liked that layout with a basement, main level and a loft. In general the home is nice after several minor adjustments and repairs. The main problem has been the HVAC system, which from day 1 was incorrectly wired by the installer. We selected the option to add a 3 zone system for an additional $6,000+ to get a more even control of the 3 levels of the home. After the miswiring was corrected the heating worked adequately. This summer we had a very hot period and the air-conditioning system did not keep up if it was above 90 degrees outside. The compressor kept running constantly until late night.

I discovered that our home – for the extra money – only has a 2.5 ton A/C system, while several identical and smaller homes have a 3 ton system. Speaking to those homeowners, their A/C system works fine. When asking Pulte for an explanation when they advertise an “appropriately sized to deliver outstanding efficiency” for their HVAC systems they showed us a basement only calculation to try to justify the 2.5 ton A/C system.

Two independent contractors have been here both telling me that our system is wrongly designed in several ways. One of them did a professional analysis for each room of the home resulting in a 20 page report telling us the home needs a 3.5 ton A/C system. Pulte’s last comment to us stated “It sounds like the equipment is performing in accordance with our warranty and industry standards”. So it is more than obvious to us that Pulte do not stand behind their advertised information and have no intentions in correcting the problem we are faced with. Several emails and non-returned phone calls to Pulte people is where we stand with no solution in sight. I would not recommend a Pulte home if you want comfort in the summertime. Beware!

Pulte Homes Company Information