Find a Home Builders partner

3. Home Builders

1.6/5 (116 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Maronda Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had the pleasure of meeting with Mrs. Danielle. She was warm and immediately inviting. She truly tried to provide the best service she could and when my husband and I initially weren’t approved for the FHA Loan, she went the extra mile to refer us to American Mortgage (they were quite exceptional! So diligent). My husband and I are not able to buy at this time with Moranda homes due to our budget (we had to choose another company all together) but I have to let everyone know that if they are looking for someone to work with, it should be Mrs. Danielle **. She is as genuine as it gets and extremely determined.

As for the original “in-home” lender we used with (FBC MORTGAGE) we had an agent by the name of Todd ** who wasn’t pleasant whatsoever, he didn’t care how he delivered the message I guess because In his eyes “business is business”, or probably just prejudice. I have never actually experienced that kind of blunt experience before having lived in Georgia most of life. Maybe it’s the way of Some Ohioans? Openly, prejudice? He should probably have a full review of all accounts he has ever handled. I do not wish to offend anyone, but I believe we should all have an honest discussion of the real life experiences we encounter.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I am currently building a home with Maronda and I could not be happier with the experience! The number of floorplans, design options, and available upgrades are amazing! I could not have gotten a better deal, and the quality of the product is fantastic!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

We can only write about our own experience with Maronda Homes in FL. From the moment we met with Heather the sales director to the end of building our dream home in Palm Coast it was an outstanding customer service. We signed the contract on Livorno model in June 2019. It was going to take 12 months to complete the project but the house was done in 10 months. The project manager Barbara was communicating with us every 2 weeks and she was making sure everything was done to our satisfaction. We both have a very good eye for details and quality work.

Being in the real estate business for over 15 years as brokers our expectations are high. Barbara took care of everything and we had stress free 10 months during the project, They did a fantastic job! We would highly recommend Maronda Homes and in fact we are thinking about building another house with them for rental income in Palm Coast FL. This was the best experience ever. 5 stars review is an understatement. Thank you so much Heather and Barbara for everything you did for us! Szymon and Steven

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I want to share my experience building a house with Maronda builder in Mirada community since I don't want anyone to go through this situation. Signed contract in January 2021. Nine (9) months after signing the contract, the house has only been 33% completed. On several occasions, I have followed up with the company about the slowness with which the house is being built. I have specially brought to their attention that the house and the materials that they leave in front of the house have been exposed to water and sun for weeks without anyone working on them.

Today, once again following up, I was informed that they do not expect to receive windows until November 2021 and that they do not know when they will deliver the house. As an example, the shingles for the house were delivered at the beginning of July 2021 and it was not until the middle of August 2021 that they came to install them. In the same way, the bathtubs of the house were thrown in front of the house exposed to sun and rain. The one answer that the builder gives us for the delay is due to the Covid, however, in the same community, other builders continue with an agile construction rhythm and completing the deliveries of homes.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Do not purchase a home from these builders. You will regret it!!!! You've been warned!!!! These are delinquent home builders!!!! They are legal hustlers wanting to take your money from the get go!!!! They tried all means to rob my 70 year old mother of her retirement money and land that was paid for. They will pull out all the tricks to rob you at the last minute. They've caused unnecessary heartache to my mother who thought she was gonna have her retirement money stolen from these animals. My mother trusted them fully and they lined her up to rob her!!!!

Now to people thinking this is overreacting check all the other reviews. Plus the home was poorly built. Stay away from these people. They are a hustle. You will only lose!!!! The list of things wrong with the home plus their shady business dealing tactics are only made for you to lose!!!! Be extremely careful. If they did it to a 70 year old woman with her retirement money they will do it to anyone. Google needs to start offering zero stars in their reviews for companies like these people. And if you decide to work with them get ready for disrespect, attitude in their business dealings with you. Good luck and I hope this company goes out of business soon. I don't wanna see more people lose their hard earned money. We were the lucky ones this time.

Original review: July 6, 2021

This was my first time building a home and after this experience, it will most likely be my last. After all the headaches with Maronda Homes, I'd rather just purchase an older home in the future. From the very beginning, I noticed sloppy work and it continued up through my closing. I have a chipped concrete AC pad they were alerted to before AC was installed and never fixed, I have an AC drip line in my pantry that needs re-dug and lowered because tile cannot be properly placed over/around it, there is a chipped tile in kitchen, a hole in my hallway wall, paint and texture all over outlet covers, floors and tub and shower.

Lastly, and biggest of all...no appliances were checked and some weren't even connected before closing. I have neighbors who have already closed with washers/dryers still sitting in their living rooms. Mine are installed, but I used my washer ONCE and it wouldn't spin or drain water. I had to scoop water out with a bucket and there's still water that remains in bottom that has been sitting there for 4 days now. I literally used it less than 24 hours after I closed on my home and they expected me to use the Samsung warranty service rather than replace it.

Next, I went to use my dishwasher to which I discovered was simply just bolted into place without actually being connected and there is no visible cord to plug it in, so it is also unusable and I've only been in my home for 5 days. Maronda clearly is only concerned about getting their money and will rush closing even if your house isn't finished. Me and my toddler are now living in a new construction home without a working washing machine or dishwasher and many, many more needed repairs.

Original review: June 29, 2021

This excited disabled vet went into Maronda homes here in Cape Coral, FL all ready to be a new home owner. We went over the limited choices to be had for the Mesquite model and I walked out of the office with contract signed. A few hours later, after thinking things over, I thought to myself, I don't need that tiled shower in the master and an insert would be easier to remove and replace for a new walk in tub in the future; I also thought, why did I let them talk me into blinds for the windows, what was I thinking. I notified the office and got a lot of "oh, we will see what we can do"... REALLY, the ink isn't even dry on the paper I just previously signed"! They notify "HQ" of my request via email and fax. I am not one to usually make waves so I wait to hear back...nothing...

OK, so 6 months goes by while we await permits etc and I sit down for contractors meeting and BAM there it is...tiled shower and window blinds. I am livid! They say they will see what went wrong with my request; and today I find out that the division manager stated that it was a "structural" change and it stays as is. OMf'G...this is a GD cookie cutter company, NOTHING is different except the location of the home. Since I signed contract 6 months ago, the market has skyrocketed; If I pull out of contract they stick me with those fees...then in turn make more $ on the increased value of this home. I am suppose to sit in the corner...shut up and color. I am just NOT happy with this all right now. I feel I am being used or something... It's just not right, if they do this to me with a few small items, but about larger items with others.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Maronda Homes is not honest. It’s impossible to get a straight answer; they blamed the building department for delays even after we confirmed the permit had been ready for weeks. Avoid the dishonesty & hassle of Maronda and find a different builder.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I signed a contract and gave 5K on a “scattered lot/spec home”. Twenty days later, I went in for their pre-construction meeting and it was then disclosed that the septic and drain field would consume the entirety of the backyard. I immediately canceled since this disclosure would make it impossible to install a swimming pool. Sales and corporate will not return my calls. E-mails to corporate are ignored. Text message inquiries to the salesman, Peter **, are evasive.

Original review: May 25, 2021

We moved into our home on 3/26/21. To our shock our neighbors can be heard loudly through the wall snoring, among other things, every night since we’ve moved in. We’ve been unable to fall asleep or sleep through the night. There has to be a design or construction defect that is allowing these people to be heard as far away as our kids hallway bathroom. This is the 4th townhouse, the newest by decades, the most expensive by over $100k easy, and the first time I’ve been able to hear my neighbors as if they were spending the night in one of my extra bedrooms. I tried earplugs but they hurt my ears and I couldn’t hear my alarm going off and woke up everyone in the house, and probably the neighbors, from having to have it set on max volume. We gone as far as sleeping on the couch to staying out of town with family just to be able to sleep through the night.

I contacted Maronda Homes about this multiple times and their answer was that they weren’t going to do anything. Just by luck I ran into a few other neighbors in the building next to me where Maronda decided to build the end unit flipped around putting the masters together wall to wall, like mine unbeknownst to me when I bought the place, and they can hear each other clear as day right through the wall. One of them shared with me that it was so bad that he ended up spending hundreds of dollars on dozens of ugly foam soundproofing panels on Amazon installed them on his wall and he can still hear them.

I filled a report with the BBB and they responded that they would look into it. It’s been 2 weeks and we haven’t had one attempt from them to contact us. I’m going on 2 months of not getting at least 6hrs of uninterrupted sleep and we are suffering because of it. I’m exhausted when I wake up in the morning and all day at work, I can’t go a whole day without falling asleep at work or on my couch as soon as I get home. I’m having headaches, anxiety, and trouble concentrating like I’ve never had before.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Very bad experience, After 6 months of signing the contract, the representative of the project in Cape Coral coldly called us and informed us that the contract was canceled, that if we wanted to continue with them we would have to sign a new one and pay more for the land and for the house, and that also the Construction time extended to another year, fortunately they returned the down-payment... We were very unhappy with this company that we had recommended to family and friends... They don't care about families, they know that others will buy.

Original review: April 14, 2021

From the beginning we were rushed and the unprofessional customer service we experienced was amazing. Don’t ever use this company to build your home. You’ve been warned. All said the price we were paying for the house was way under what they could sell it for so they found something in our contract and instead of allowing me to fix it which I could have in about one hour they voided our contract after 7 months.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I signed with Maronda in June 2020. They make you feel welcomed. They offer tours of model homes and make promises about the options you will have when you go to choose them. We discovered after a couple of months that you could only see the house if a Maronda rep was there to let you in. Mainly we had to go in when no one was around after hours. We began to find gross mistakes - lighting placed in the wrong places, kitchen cabinets broken and pushed together to make them “fit”. As we began to show concern, they made excuse after excuse.

Soon we discovered that the subcontractors were using the bathroom in our house. They literally were cleaning our house, mopping the floors when we did the final walk through. Everything needed to be properly cleaned when we moved in. They do not like to be questioned about their work. That’s a red flag. I would give the work a C- at best. The craftsmanship is poor to say the least. A few days after moving in we discovered innumerable issues but at that point it is too late.

My advice is make sure before you sign on the dotted line to build that you demand to be involved every step of the way. You must be able to view the work in progress. They likely do this because they want to hide their mistakes until your final walkthrough when it is (1) too late to make changes and (2) they tell you you must close or be in breach of contract. Before you decide to buy, knock on doors and speak with people living in a new development.

Maronda Homes Company Information