Find a Home Builders partner

3. Home Builders

1.6/5 (108 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Maronda Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had the pleasure of meeting with Mrs. Danielle. She was warm and immediately inviting. She truly tried to provide the best service she could and when my husband and I initially weren’t approved for the FHA Loan, she went the extra mile to refer us to American Mortgage (they were quite exceptional! So diligent). My husband and I are not able to buy at this time with Moranda homes due to our budget (we had to choose another company all together) but I have to let everyone know that if they are looking for someone to work with, it should be Mrs. Danielle **. She is as genuine as it gets and extremely determined.

As for the original “in-home” lender we used with (FBC MORTGAGE) we had an agent by the name of Todd ** who wasn’t pleasant whatsoever, he didn’t care how he delivered the message I guess because In his eyes “business is business”, or probably just prejudice. I have never actually experienced that kind of blunt experience before having lived in Georgia most of life. Maybe it’s the way of Some Ohioans? Openly, prejudice? He should probably have a full review of all accounts he has ever handled. I do not wish to offend anyone, but I believe we should all have an honest discussion of the real life experiences we encounter.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I am currently building a home with Maronda and I could not be happier with the experience! The number of floorplans, design options, and available upgrades are amazing! I could not have gotten a better deal, and the quality of the product is fantastic!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

We can only write about our own experience with Maronda Homes in FL. From the moment we met with Heather the sales director to the end of building our dream home in Palm Coast it was an outstanding customer service. We signed the contract on Livorno model in June 2019. It was going to take 12 months to complete the project but the house was done in 10 months. The project manager Barbara was communicating with us every 2 weeks and she was making sure everything was done to our satisfaction. We both have a very good eye for details and quality work.

Being in the real estate business for over 15 years as brokers our expectations are high. Barbara took care of everything and we had stress free 10 months during the project, They did a fantastic job! We would highly recommend Maronda Homes and in fact we are thinking about building another house with them for rental income in Palm Coast FL. This was the best experience ever. 5 stars review is an understatement. Thank you so much Heather and Barbara for everything you did for us! Szymon and Steven

Original review: June 9, 2020

Our house is within the warranty period still and the roof leaked during the heavy rain because of Cristobal on Sunday. On Monday I put in a ticket and Roger called within 2 hrs and came and looked and had a Roofing supervisor come and inspect it and found the problem. So far, the problem, was fixed but Roger was prompt and courteous. He said he will keep in touch and we will observe, he will be there to help if needed.

Original review: April 14, 2021

From the beginning we were rushed and the unprofessional customer service we experienced was amazing. Don’t ever use this company to build your home. You’ve been warned. All said the price we were paying for the house was way under what they could sell it for so they found something in our contract and instead of allowing me to fix it which I could have in about one hour they voided our contract after 7 months.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I signed with Maronda in June 2020. They make you feel welcomed. They offer tours of model homes and make promises about the options you will have when you go to choose them. We discovered after a couple of months that you could only see the house if a Maronda rep was there to let you in. Mainly we had to go in when no one was around after hours. We began to find gross mistakes - lighting placed in the wrong places, kitchen cabinets broken and pushed together to make them “fit”. As we began to show concern, they made excuse after excuse.

Soon we discovered that the subcontractors were using the bathroom in our house. They literally were cleaning our house, mopping the floors when we did the final walk through. Everything needed to be properly cleaned when we moved in. They do not like to be questioned about their work. That’s a red flag. I would give the work a C- at best. The craftsmanship is poor to say the least. A few days after moving in we discovered innumerable issues but at that point it is too late.

My advice is make sure before you sign on the dotted line to build that you demand to be involved every step of the way. You must be able to view the work in progress. They likely do this because they want to hide their mistakes until your final walkthrough when it is (1) too late to make changes and (2) they tell you you must close or be in breach of contract. Before you decide to buy, knock on doors and speak with people living in a new development.

Original review: March 3, 2021

If i could give this company negative stars I would. If you want to pay someone over 300k for a home that is 80-85 percent right then by all means this is your company. I have had issues since day 1. We are now on our second construction supervisor and the doors for our cabinets have not been fixed and we are still missing trim. I put in a warranty claim day 1 due to the toilet not being secured to the floor. The plumber came out and said it wasn't the plumbing. The floor was not level so it floats.

Called back and had the floor people come out to see if they can fix the issue but lo and behold they are not allowed to move the toilet. Common sense is not common and this company is looking for every way they can to squeeze a dime out of you. We moved in before 2021 and apparently someone removed the contract addendum that stated you dont owe the lagoon fee if it's not ready by the end of 2020. Now most companies would say oops. We made a mistake. But not Maronda. We love the neighborhood. We love the neighbors. Just hate the hassle of dealing with lying cheating corporations.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My Maronda home was built in 2008 yet it has popcorn ceilings...why would a builder construct a home in 2008 with popcorn ceiling?! That's just lazy. The structural designs in this house makes no sense especially for the year it was built. My sister's house is 10 years older and doesn't have half of these lazy structurally flawed designs. Boils down to cheap laziness.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Contracted on a Maronda spec home in Aug 2020 to be completed Nov 2020. All looked fine until we actually moved down from Virginia Sep 2020 and wanted to visit the project on a regular basis. We were told that we cannot visit without a Maronda rep, after being told we could visit anytime we cared to. I tried to set up a visit with their rep and they were all "busy", and were told we could go with our realtor. So we did that.... And found flaw after flaw after flaw- including a wall that was totally out of square with the opposite wall which made the tile floor look ridiculous. Their excuse was that "the home is not completed yet, you should wait until the final walk thru".

There were numerous other flaws as well, including the shower glass enclosure being mounted opposite from the plans, which had the bathroom door interfering with the shower door, a sliding glass door with a bad rubber seal, exposed roof flashing, really bad finishing on the kitchen island base, cabinet doors that were all racked, HVAC return plenum opening which was way out of square, yet the plenum was forced to fit.... among many cosmetic flaws.

Met with the construction manager and were assured that all would be taken care of before the closing. They had to tear out all of the cabinets and take out all of the appliances to try and fix the wall. They failed, as after putting it all back together, it was still out of square and could be seen when looking at the tile floor. We never saw the shower glass put back in as there was so much wrong with this project that we finally decided to "fire" Maronda and go with another builder.

The list we have is long, so it is not all expressed here- just the major items. Overall, Maronda does not budge on anything and do not want show a buyer the home as it is constructed. We have the images and they are very visible and flagrant. We found out during one visit when we asked what the backsplash would look like, that "there would be no backsplash". We asked about the vent openings in the roof and the contractor could not tell us what one of them was for. The only good thing- we got our $5000 escrow deposit back in 3 weeks, which is being used to pay for 3 months of local room rental as we wait for our new home to be completed. I would stay away from Maronda, and find another builder. Their salespeople are not very transparent.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I just moved into my Maronda built home 2 weeks ago and I am find things that are not done correctly or broken and when I put in a service request all I get told is that they can’t prove that they did it or that it is not warranted. Cupboard put on incorrectly; broken cabinet; painting that was supposed to be fixed but isn’t; drawers that are falling apart and all this I am told is not warranted. Please make sure if you are building with them please scrutinize everything before and make sure it is fixed before because once you take ownership customer service goes down the drain and they don’t care.

Maronda Homes Company Information