2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.52/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I just moved into my Maronda built home 2 weeks ago and I am find things that are not done correctly or broken and when I put in a service request all I get told is that they can’t prove that they did it or that it is not warranted. Cupboard put on incorrectly; broken cabinet; painting that was supposed to be fixed but isn’t; drawers that are falling apart and all this I am told is not warranted. Please make sure if you are building with them please scrutinize everything before and make sure it is fixed before because once you take ownership customer service goes down the drain and they don’t care.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Our house is within the warranty period still and the roof leaked during the heavy rain because of Cristobal on Sunday. On Monday I put in a ticket and Roger called within 2 hrs and came and looked and had a Roofing supervisor come and inspect it and found the problem. So far, the problem, was fixed but Roger was prompt and courteous. He said he will keep in touch and we will observe, he will be there to help if needed.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2020

We purchased our 2 story home in Melbourne FL in 2014. One of our front windows leaked from the beginning - Maronda came in the first year, re-caulked an expansion joint and called it a day. They told us it was our responsibility to maintain the caulking from that point on. We diligently maintained the caulking and even repainted the entire exterior, to no avail. We believe Maronda placated us with a band-aid fix and let the clock run out, so that after that first year, the problem was no longer theirs.

We are dealing with a severe leak in our front window that no amount of maintenance will resolve, clearly not a maintenance issue. Impossible to reach Maronda by phone; emails are answered with short, one-sentence replies that simply pass the buck. Maronda dealt with us in an unethical manner. Our next home will not be built by Maronda. Furthermore, we will be joining the class-action lawsuit that is being formed against them, after initially deciding against it. Bottom line: While problems can arise with any new construction, it is how the builder responds that makes all the difference. Do your research before choosing Maronda Homes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

In 2016 we purchased our dream home, but in late May it turned into a nightmare! In May 2017, my family and I started experiencing different health problems. After going to the ER and multiple doctors and not coming up with anything rational, we decided to do an air-quality test in our new home. These tests are very expensive. They range between $500 to $1000 each test and it takes about 2 1/2 weeks for any results to come in. At the end of the first air-quality test, the home showed severe and high levels of volatile organic compounds known as VOC's which are chemicals in the air that when mixed together and high volumes can deteriorate your health, and can be Cancerous if exposed for a long period of time. My children and I experienced multiple symptoms these included:

Severe headaches and throbbing
      Dizziness
      Confused. Hard to concentrate
      Body shakes
      Feeling of faint and vertigo
      Lack of appetite
      Low energy and fatigue
      Radioactive feeling through the body
      Insomnia
      Body heat in core of the body, fevers
      Body aches and soreness
      Diarrhea for 7 months
      Anxiety and tight chest
      Night sweats, tingly feeling
      Feeling sad all the time, angry and scared
      Ear pain, ear popping
      Tight throat & swelling like breathing in fire
      Sweaty feet and nervousness
      Blurry vision

Kidney or liver pain

We've also gone as far as to buy filters that neutralize the air in hopes that they can get rid of some of the VOC's in the air. Each filter costs $99 plus the scrubbers. We are installing an attic ventilation system to help Off-gas these chemicals through the roof that's another $300. We purchased the $600 shed to put any paints and detergents. We paid for an air-quality test that does five point test which cost $300, and it showed that 66% of the fumes were gasoline based, and that it was at a severe quantity. Not to mention paying out-of-pocket for both ER visits and doctor visits and lab work.

As a builder it should be their main responsibility to make sure that their clients are very satisfied with their new home purchase. Maronda Homes never showed any interest in helping us resolve the issue, and the only response we received was to fill out a form for a six-month inspection. **As a result of this experience we sold the home and left to a new town but the reason for writing this is so that no one every goes through what we went through. It has taken us 3 years to feel better after developing chemicals sensitivities to everything. Please do your research first.**

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We bought the Maronda home in 2005, spent $25,000 to fix the quack exterior wall, 2 story house. Most of 2 story home in the whole community has the same problem, cheap material and do not responsible for any repair, this talk about couple year after move in, and the value of the house still the same as 14 year ago, Maronda Homes Suck!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I live next door to a house being built. It is not a good place. My home is so dirty from the site. Can hardly see out our windows. They blocked off the drainage ditches for the last 2 months. Keep in mind this has been the rainy season. Out front of our home smells like the sewer, and the bugs are getting thick. We have complained to the company and to the site manager. They don't seem to care. We even called public works. You have no rights if you live next door.

Original review: June 28, 2019

After reading all the many many bad reviews on Maronda Homes, we decided to take a chance and build with them. The price was good I was getting all the space I needed and saw the model of a two story home. I was so excited and happy. When we first went to the sales center in the beginning we noticed bugs swarming and were told they would be around for a few weeks. This was a lie as we went daily to do daily bug check. The bug situation is out of control and they swarm all over doorways and back of homes and screening as well. It is a health hazard as well as a property hazard.

The only way to control the problem because there is no way to get rid of them is to treat the ponds correctly and Maronda does not want to do the right thing. I have lived in this area for 13 years and was surrounded by three ponds and never had a problem. Many people have given reviews that Maronda doesn't care and this is true!!!! I would have gone through and finished building even though was told very poor quality and many issues, I tried to tell my story to management and they did not care. Was told you are not getting deposit back that I defaulted. I tried to explain I want the home but not safe with swarms of these insects so they listed it for sale before the ink was dry to cancel and they are selling for much more money than I was paying. So believe the reviews. Run run or you will be sorry!

Original review: April 3, 2019

We had this home built in 2004. 2 months after we moved in we began experiencing backups in the septic. Using the right to cure law for Florida we had a septic contractor come out and we found out that the wrong size drain field was installed. Thankfully a new one was installed at the builder's cost. But since that day we have had problem with water intrusion into our two-story home which has been reported to news stations, insurance companies, plumbers, contractors and to this day we are still having problems.

First everyone blamed the sinkhole we had for the water intrusion. Sinkhole is repaired. We have grated the Dirt away from the house on a slant away and have put rocks to try and keep the water from accumulating next to the slab. We have sealed the concrete slab and house with a water protectant sealant oh, all of these ideas to fix it were from professionals. New carpet was installed recently and we thought everything was fixed after the last contractor was here looking at the house. But today I have more water intrusion on both sides of my house. Furniture is getting ruined, carpet is getting ruined, drywall is getting moldy and people in my house are sick. I am tired of the shoddy Construction.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My husband and I have a home built by Maronda Homes. My husband fell 2/3 of the way down our stairs when the handrail pulled out of the wall. He is 5'9" 165#. Not a big guy. We hired a carpenter to come fix the issue to find out that the stud behind the electrical outlet that the handrail should have been anchored in to isn't actually a real stud, but rather a piece of wood just dangling down next to the electrical box and that most of the handrail brackets aren't anchored into anything rather just screwed into the drywall. I have contacted Maronda Homes with no response. The lack of care and concern for this issue where their illegal and shoddy work could have seriously injured someone is alarming.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We built a Maronda home in Wimauma, FL. The house won't appraise for the selling price. Maronda doesn't care. They left us waiting till closing day and still wouldn't do anything. They are building houses too expensive for the neighborhood. Even using their lender the house won't appraise. Maronda doesn't care. We are now getting a lawyer to get our money back. Maronda has made it clear they don't care.

Maronda Homes Company Information