Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

171 Maronda Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I live next door to a house being built. It is not a good place. My home is so dirty from the site. Can hardly see out our windows. They blocked off the drainage ditches for the last 2 months. Keep in mind this has been the rainy season. Out front of our home smells like the sewer, and the bugs are getting thick. We have complained to the company and to the site manager. They don't seem to care. We even called public works. You have no rights if you live next door.

Original review: June 28, 2019

After reading all the many many bad reviews on Maronda Homes, we decided to take a chance and build with them. The price was good I was getting all the space I needed and saw the model of a two story home. I was so excited and happy. When we first went to the sales center in the beginning we noticed bugs swarming and were told they would be around for a few weeks. This was a lie as we went daily to do daily bug check. The bug situation is out of control and they swarm all over doorways and back of homes and screening as well. It is a health hazard as well as a property hazard.

The only way to control the problem because there is no way to get rid of them is to treat the ponds correctly and Maronda does not want to do the right thing. I have lived in this area for 13 years and was surrounded by three ponds and never had a problem. Many people have given reviews that Maronda doesn't care and this is true!!!! I would have gone through and finished building even though was told very poor quality and many issues, I tried to tell my story to management and they did not care. Was told you are not getting deposit back that I defaulted. I tried to explain I want the home but not safe with swarms of these insects so they listed it for sale before the ink was dry to cancel and they are selling for much more money than I was paying. So believe the reviews. Run run or you will be sorry!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

We had this home built in 2004. 2 months after we moved in we began experiencing backups in the septic. Using the right to cure law for Florida we had a septic contractor come out and we found out that the wrong size drain field was installed. Thankfully a new one was installed at the builder's cost. But since that day we have had problem with water intrusion into our two-story home which has been reported to news stations, insurance companies, plumbers, contractors and to this day we are still having problems.

First everyone blamed the sinkhole we had for the water intrusion. Sinkhole is repaired. We have grated the Dirt away from the house on a slant away and have put rocks to try and keep the water from accumulating next to the slab. We have sealed the concrete slab and house with a water protectant sealant oh, all of these ideas to fix it were from professionals. New carpet was installed recently and we thought everything was fixed after the last contractor was here looking at the house. But today I have more water intrusion on both sides of my house. Furniture is getting ruined, carpet is getting ruined, drywall is getting moldy and people in my house are sick. I am tired of the shoddy Construction.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My husband and I have a home built by Maronda Homes. My husband fell 2/3 of the way down our stairs when the handrail pulled out of the wall. He is 5'9" 165#. Not a big guy. We hired a carpenter to come fix the issue to find out that the stud behind the electrical outlet that the handrail should have been anchored in to isn't actually a real stud, but rather a piece of wood just dangling down next to the electrical box and that most of the handrail brackets aren't anchored into anything rather just screwed into the drywall. I have contacted Maronda Homes with no response. The lack of care and concern for this issue where their illegal and shoddy work could have seriously injured someone is alarming.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We built a Maronda home in Wimauma, FL. The house won't appraise for the selling price. Maronda doesn't care. They left us waiting till closing day and still wouldn't do anything. They are building houses too expensive for the neighborhood. Even using their lender the house won't appraise. Maronda doesn't care. We are now getting a lawyer to get our money back. Maronda has made it clear they don't care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: March 1, 2019

Moved into the new home in November 2018. We experienced a slow leak from the air conditioning unit inside the house which accumulated into two bedrooms. We noticed water and MOLD DAMAGE. We contacted Maronda Homes. They sent an AC guy to come fix the leaking pipe. He put tape over the pipes that came apart instead of replacing and properly sealing. To take care of the mold/water damage, Maronda did not follow specific guidelines on how to address the problem. They want to take shortcuts to save money. The manager from Maronda came to my house with the mold removal company called Environmental Protective Solutions Inc. This EPS company has no idea what they are doing and they tried to tell us they were only going to remove one carpet from one of the two water damaged rooms.

After convincing them to do the right thing, they finally agreed to replace the carpet. In the removal of the mold, these so-called professionals removed little to no drywall which is where the mold was growing. They sprayed something on the floors then they left fans in the bedrooms instead of dehumidifiers and air scrubbers. They told us not to go into the rooms. Two days later I went in the rooms and realized they never removed the mold 100%. I could VISIBLY SEE BLACK MOLD all along the wood where the trim should go, on the drywall, and under the AC closet. Second time around, EPS was ordered to come back to clean the rooms again and to remove more drywall.

At this time, I called other mold/water removal companies and they told me Maronda was supposed to have a company test the air quality and perform swabbing before and after cleaning the rooms. I tell Maronda this and they agree to have a company come to do the air quality/swabbing. This swabbing company told us even after treatment there was still visible mold and they would give Maronda a report explaining how to care for the situation. Third time around this EPS company who STILL HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING comes in and “cleans” the rooms again, except they did not follow the report explaining what they should do. They did not sand down the mold that is still visibly there!!!

Our furniture has been cluttered in the entire house and this problem has been ongoing for 4 months now!!! They want to send this company back to clean the mold for a 4th time!!! This is just one problem with Maronda. The master bedroom does not cool down from the AC. AC guy came and said he “fixed it.” Lights keep going out in the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. Electrician hired by Maronda said the spotlights they installed are cheap so they keep shorting out. There are cracks in the foundation in the front patio. The sliding doors are leaking in the bathrooms. We scheduled an appointment with Maronda to have them fixed two times, each time no call no show!!! This house and company is a nightmare. They are very unprofessional, naive, have zero clue what they are doing. Customer service is unacceptable. Back and forth with this company trying to take care of an ongoing mold problem for 4 months!?! Everyone run!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We purchased our house 1 yr and 4 months. We are experiencing major termite problem. I will be seeking an attorney. Run from Maronda Homes. They will be sorry they sold me this house. I dare you Maronda Homes.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Maronda Homes are the worst in the home building business! They have not provided my first year review, they have not responded. 300.000 dollars for the worst home ever built! Low quality product and horrible management. I will never recommend a purchase for the horrible homes, They can go to hell!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We have lived in a house for a year. The shower costs $13,000 extra and it would not drain properly because the base of the shower was not level. Our shower has been being repaired for over a month and nobody will respond to our communication. The AC is not big enough to cool the main bedroom. They completed a flow test, told us they would get back to us because the AC unit was too small for the house. We have not heard back from the company regarding this issue. The cement in and around our garage is crumbling. We have not heard back from the company. Our gutters and downspouts leak. We have not heard back from the company. We paid $300,000 for the house and it was definitely not worth it! Empty promises!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Run away from a Maronda Home. They are not quality builders. Their warranty work is horrible. Anything that could go wrong when they were building our home did go wrong. They walked through with us and provided a punch list of things they would correct. They did not! They had multiple code violations. We were unable to get them to fix many of them. The end product is very lacking. Arbitration lawyers are $300 and up! Good luck with that! Do NOT buy a Maronda Home! You have been warned!!!

Maronda Homes Company Information