Find a Home Builders partner

Help me decide

1.5/5 (120 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Maronda Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

This is possibly the worst experience I have ever had with with a builder or realtor. They do not follow up. They do not provide you information that they have promised you and they do not most importantly fix any repairs that are their fault. If you are thinking of using them run away fast. They are terrible and actually should be under investigation. They left us a new house with stains on the rug, dented nonworking refrigerator, gaping hole where a drawer should be, a fan in a bathroom that doesn't work, no touch up paint and many other issues. Once we signed and closed on the property they disappeared. They are liars and terrible.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Highly not recommend, this builder is the ultimate worst. We signed contract for home to be built and 10 months later nothing happened at all. They didn’t even clear the lot. The sales agent barely responded and kept feeding us lies that was never going to happen. We finally requested a refund and they gave it to us. It is so upsetting how much damage they have caused to our family, now the market is much higher and we will be spending a lot more money to buy with less square footage. I do not recommend using this builder.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Not sure about this service or the contractors. They will trash a neighborhood while building and not pick up after themselves properly which littering is still illegal in most states. I would definitely research this company before choosing them. Even after reporting the problem to the company. They still did nothing nor did they pick up their trash. This company is showing that it’s bad business and bad for our environment.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Maronda, RMC & FBC made us jump through all kinds of hoops to get this house; harassing us to sell the house in North Carolina, to pay off the car, stupid credit inquiries that lowered the credit score, with no purpose but to damage the credit score; being bullied, humiliated and lied by your loan officers, spending over $25,000 on hotels, meals, and storage units, then thinking that a "Tom" contractor was going to be responsible enough to be present in the orientation, walking us through the house being caring and proud of his work, but no, "Tom" doesn't even bother with a phone call or an apology, he doesn't show up! Sends anyone, because who cares?

At the second showing he is over 20 minutes late, if we showed 20 minutes late to the proof of funds we would NOT be able to purchase the house, if we were 20 minutes late to the closing, we would not be the OWNERS of the house, but your contractor shows up whenever and compare us to others: Others houses, other "customers", others situations because we are just that: Your paycheck, a dollar sign and once we paid that is the end of pretending you were anything.

You would think that after $255,000 cash, the pain, suffering, the chronic stress, we could have a complete product, but not according to "Tom" we will never see a refrigerator in October 2021, hence why am I writing to all of you: WE WANTED TO CLOSE IN NOVEMBER!! I believe if I pay for something it should be complete as promised by the time you TAKE the money; unless you, any of you go around giving a quarter of a million dollars for insufficient and inadequate products, good for you; we are not this un·con·ven·tion·al ˌ/ənkənˈven(t)SH(ə)n(ə)l/

Ps/ FBC, RMC are not giving FHA loans. Do not waste your time and credit score with this scammers!! Beware of Wydronkosky and Townsend, they will make you believe that without them, you can't buy the house. Consumer Affairs: I am honest in my report, FBC/RMC owes us money ($560) that they don't want to refund even though they sent information about "eventually" refunding but this was more than 2 weeks ago. And how can you be fair with criminals? We lost our mind when we thought we couldn't own this house, after all we have done and gone through!! If it wasn't for GOD, friends and family; we know, for a fact, that we lost the house. People like FBC/RMC destroy the American dream, but they still alive ruining many lives and getting away with it. Fairness?... They don't even know compassion!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I want to share my experience building a house with Maronda builder in Mirada community since I don't want anyone to go through this situation. Signed contract in January 2021. Nine (9) months after signing the contract, the house has only been 33% completed. On several occasions, I have followed up with the company about the slowness with which the house is being built. I have specially brought to their attention that the house and the materials that they leave in front of the house have been exposed to water and sun for weeks without anyone working on them.

Today, once again following up, I was informed that they do not expect to receive windows until November 2021 and that they do not know when they will deliver the house. As an example, the shingles for the house were delivered at the beginning of July 2021 and it was not until the middle of August 2021 that they came to install them. In the same way, the bathtubs of the house were thrown in front of the house exposed to sun and rain. The one answer that the builder gives us for the delay is due to the Covid, however, in the same community, other builders continue with an agile construction rhythm and completing the deliveries of homes.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Do not purchase a home from these builders. You will regret it!!!! You've been warned!!!! These are delinquent home builders!!!! They are legal hustlers wanting to take your money from the get go!!!! They tried all means to rob my 70 year old mother of her retirement money and land that was paid for. They will pull out all the tricks to rob you at the last minute. They've caused unnecessary heartache to my mother who thought she was gonna have her retirement money stolen from these animals. My mother trusted them fully and they lined her up to rob her!!!!

Now to people thinking this is overreacting check all the other reviews. Plus the home was poorly built. Stay away from these people. They are a hustle. You will only lose!!!! The list of things wrong with the home plus their shady business dealing tactics are only made for you to lose!!!! Be extremely careful. If they did it to a 70 year old woman with her retirement money they will do it to anyone. Google needs to start offering zero stars in their reviews for companies like these people. And if you decide to work with them get ready for disrespect, attitude in their business dealings with you. Good luck and I hope this company goes out of business soon. I don't wanna see more people lose their hard earned money. We were the lucky ones this time.

Original review: July 6, 2021

This was my first time building a home and after this experience, it will most likely be my last. After all the headaches with Maronda Homes, I'd rather just purchase an older home in the future. From the very beginning, I noticed sloppy work and it continued up through my closing. I have a chipped concrete AC pad they were alerted to before AC was installed and never fixed, I have an AC drip line in my pantry that needs re-dug and lowered because tile cannot be properly placed over/around it, there is a chipped tile in kitchen, a hole in my hallway wall, paint and texture all over outlet covers, floors and tub and shower.

Lastly, and biggest of all...no appliances were checked and some weren't even connected before closing. I have neighbors who have already closed with washers/dryers still sitting in their living rooms. Mine are installed, but I used my washer ONCE and it wouldn't spin or drain water. I had to scoop water out with a bucket and there's still water that remains in bottom that has been sitting there for 4 days now. I literally used it less than 24 hours after I closed on my home and they expected me to use the Samsung warranty service rather than replace it.

Next, I went to use my dishwasher to which I discovered was simply just bolted into place without actually being connected and there is no visible cord to plug it in, so it is also unusable and I've only been in my home for 5 days. Maronda clearly is only concerned about getting their money and will rush closing even if your house isn't finished. Me and my toddler are now living in a new construction home without a working washing machine or dishwasher and many, many more needed repairs.

Original review: June 29, 2021

This excited disabled vet went into Maronda homes here in Cape Coral, FL all ready to be a new home owner. We went over the limited choices to be had for the Mesquite model and I walked out of the office with contract signed. A few hours later, after thinking things over, I thought to myself, I don't need that tiled shower in the master and an insert would be easier to remove and replace for a new walk in tub in the future; I also thought, why did I let them talk me into blinds for the windows, what was I thinking. I notified the office and got a lot of "oh, we will see what we can do"... REALLY, the ink isn't even dry on the paper I just previously signed"! They notify "HQ" of my request via email and fax. I am not one to usually make waves so I wait to hear back...nothing...

OK, so 6 months goes by while we await permits etc and I sit down for contractors meeting and BAM there it is...tiled shower and window blinds. I am livid! They say they will see what went wrong with my request; and today I find out that the division manager stated that it was a "structural" change and it stays as is. OMf'G...this is a GD cookie cutter company, NOTHING is different except the location of the home. Since I signed contract 6 months ago, the market has skyrocketed; If I pull out of contract they stick me with those fees...then in turn make more $ on the increased value of this home. I am suppose to sit in the corner...shut up and color. I am just NOT happy with this all right now. I feel I am being used or something... It's just not right, if they do this to me with a few small items, but about larger items with others.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Maronda Homes is not honest. It’s impossible to get a straight answer; they blamed the building department for delays even after we confirmed the permit had been ready for weeks. Avoid the dishonesty & hassle of Maronda and find a different builder.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I signed a contract and gave 5K on a “scattered lot/spec home”. Twenty days later, I went in for their pre-construction meeting and it was then disclosed that the septic and drain field would consume the entirety of the backyard. I immediately canceled since this disclosure would make it impossible to install a swimming pool. Sales and corporate will not return my calls. E-mails to corporate are ignored. Text message inquiries to the salesman, Peter **, are evasive.

Maronda Homes Company Information