1.54/5
Based on 85 reviews that contain star ratings

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

162 Maronda Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Run away from a Maronda Home. They are not quality builders. Their warranty work is horrible. Anything that could go wrong when they were building our home did go wrong. They walked through with us and provided a punch list of things they would correct. They did not! They had multiple code violations. We were unable to get them to fix many of them. The end product is very lacking. Arbitration lawyers are $300 and up! Good luck with that! Do NOT buy a Maronda Home! You have been warned!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We built our Maronda home in 2003, and have lived here since. We have had no bad issues with our house. Construction went as scheduled, we visited the build several times and videotaped the progress. The only thing I think could have been done better was the final grade of the lot. There were lots of stones that were spread out during the final grade, which makes gardening somewhat difficult. Overall still very satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

At this point I'd rather live in a cardboard box than work with Maronda Homes again. Below average homes. Cheapest materials and labor they can find and time will show that. Poor plumbing work, unlevel concrete pad, protruding electric outlets, low-grade carpet options, incorrectly installed gutters, air handler too small to cool size of home, need I add more? Hopefully you like it dry, it’s gonna hurt.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Please don’t buy from Maronda house builder. You will be very sorry. Please read paragraph 13 if you decide to go with them. They have upwards of two years to build your home and they’re very slow working on it. Most unprofessional builders that I’ve ever encountered They know how to work the system in Florida. They will take your money and run. It’s very sad and the one that does the contracts has $100,000 car And no heart. Ted is his name. Very poor business people. They come up with every story in the world. Please people do not buy from them, please. Pass this on. I’m number 154 To complain About these builders.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We have bought and build new, many homes in our lifetime, I am a senior citizen and never have felt so neglected. When someone pays over $310,000 for one of their homes, and they are not even custom builders, one would think they would get good service so they could recommend them to our friends. I know several people in this (Eastwood II) subdivision in Melbourne, FL who have had problems with their homes, and are not fixed or repaired to their satisfaction! I would NEVER recommend Maronda homes again, to anyone!!! They have had numerous Construction Supervisors here at the complex since we moved into our brand new Sierra Home in August, 2017. Not even a YEAR yet and we are STILL trying to get someone out here to fix these problems, because God forbid, the one year warranty on this place is expiring in 2 months.

1) We spent a small fortune in plants to add beauty to our spare landscaping here, and they are already dying because of too much water. Why? Because they scraped all the topsoil off the lot here when preparing to build the house, and left nothing but hard clay underneath, and it holds the water and won't drain properly, if at all. We never run our sprinklers in this HOT Florida climate, as the ground STAYS sopping wet and won't drain, therefore killing all landscape plants that don't need that much water!!!

2) Our lawn has been totally ruined by the landscapers who put it in. We paid extra money for sod (over $1500) because we had to sod it again, because the pool people who put in our swimming pool in the backyard ruined the lawn with their big trucks which couldn't be helped, because there was no other way to put in the pool except running over the new sod. The lawn was so soggy to begin with--you would sink into the grass, UP TO YOUR ANKLES anyways. Due to the poor grading in the soil to begin with. It is still this way due to the original landscaper scraping all the topsoil off and leaving us with hard clay!! The front yard is atrocious!

There is nothing but hills and valleys throughout the lawn, due to the poor grading. Also the side yards are full of water - again due to poor grading. We have asked Maronda to come out and look at this horrible situation, and they have refused to come out so far. Our neighbor two doors down is having the same exact problem as us. This is a BRAND NEW Subdivision and people here are very dissatisfied with Maronda HOMES here.

3) We paid $6,000 extra to have one of Maronda's custom bathrooms. They did NOT put a seat of building tile, like the floors, in the huge shower. It's just a BIG BOX. Other showers here have a seat - NOT US. There are cracked tiles throughout the house. There were two HUGE cracks on the floors from the rear outside lanai, which are cracking again. Also the garage floor was full of cracks which they covered up with Home Depot Paint, and are again showing thru the paint. Unsatisfactory again~

4) The only thing they 'fixed" here was a huge piece of 2x4 coming thru the drywall in the ceiling in the entryway and was grossly noticeable. They sent someone out and they had to cut the protruding wood out and re-drywalled and painted the hole in the ceiling. 5) Then the wood trim on the outside eaves of the house was lifting off the house and hanging there, ready to fall out. We are talking about a huge piece of trim work (actually 2 pieces of trim) and had to be replaced.

6) The painters did such a sloppy job on the outside of the house. We had to have them come back AND repaint some of the trim and the main color of the house due to poorly taped off, IF at all, taped off. 7) We have discovered that since we moved in there is problem with the granite in the kitchen and master baths. There is pit marks all over the granite. I have polished it, sealed it three time with granite sealer, and nothing helps. These pit marks are all over not just one place, which tells me the granite people didn't polish the granite enough. I insist that they come back out and do something about this. off. Or replace it.

It's been so discouraging trying to get the Supervisor out here that sees about getting stuff done here. I'll NEVER buy another Maronda home again. It's a case of buy this, and we'll see you...if you can catch us!!! We really request that someone help us here. We are too old to do the repairs ourselves, and why should we? We paid our hard-earned money for this house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Experience with Maronda Homes has been a terrible! We bought the house March of 2017. We had a leak in one of the rooms, our floors had the wrong grout color, the faucet, and one of the outlets is not working. Kirsty from Maronda Home is aware that we were living in New Jersey until my husband retire. I had the hardest time for them to fix my issue! We moved here finally April 25, 2018. Kirsty answer regarding the one outlet was too bad warranty is over. WOW this is how this builder works. There is no room to work with you after you spent so much money in these home! I have 2 people in my family that are going to buy differently. It will not be Maronda Homes! After all the bad reviews I think people should see a lawyer regarding their issues. It's not right!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

When discussing options for the home the sales sat with us for 3 hours as we went over cabinet choices, paint colors, countertops, etc. The salesman was confirming with "the boss" to ensure we could get these choices. We were serious about buying the house so I committed $5k toward the purchase to enable locking in our selection. BEFORE WE EVEN GOT BACK TO OUR HOTEL I got a call from the salesman. He wanted a conference call with "the boss". The boss basically said we did not have any choices and we would have to live with what the builder would pick out. We said no deal! It makes no sense to offer choices and then turn around to say you can't have them. How can they stay in business with this practice? My wife was in tears. Beware of any dealings with Maronda Builders (Lehigh Acres Florida). I will try to get the word out to everyone I can to protect other people from this travesty.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We did our research before we had a home built by Maronda. The house we looked at looked good structurally, but this was a home they built to sell outright not for someone. Please believe all the complaints you read here.They are true. We moved into this home on 11/17/2017. The drywall company was Majestic. They are the worst drywall company ever. I did not know who did the framing, the walls are uneven.

The painters did a ** job. I cannot even get Maronda to come in and fix the mess. I have had to fix the drywall where there were dents, the painter just painted over them. I cannot even get them to come back and finish painting the trim. I have had to finish that myself as well. They were to suppose to fix the trim between the cabinets and I have been waiting for them to fix that since I moved in. Cabinets doors were scratched. We had a garden tub put in. It laid on the curb for six weeks before it was put in. It is all scratched up. We were assured it would be fixed. We are still waiting for grass. NO NO. RUN. DON'T walk. Do not have these people build your home. We paid over $250,000 for this home and I am ready to sell it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I closed on my home with Maronda August 28, 2014 and reached out to Karen ** via phone call within the 1st year regarding a leak coming from the wall near a window in the master bathroom. Karen sent Maronda Homes service manager, Jorge and VP of construction, Jim to my house. Karen sent me a follow up email (which I still have record of) indicating Jorge & Jim found a small spot outside that "could" be the cause of the leak and sealed it. I replied back advising my husband and I spoke with Jorge and he stated him and his boss ran water from a hose on the outside of the house and claimed to have located a hole. I informed Karen a towel I left near the window was completely dry therefore my concern is the leak has not been resolved and this problem will continue. Karen assured me via email the account has been notated and if the problem continued, it would continue to be repaired under Maronda Homes.

** Fast forward... I sent an email to Karen in June 2017 regarding the leak coming from the same hole in the wall and Kristinn ** replied advising someone from Coverall was going to be contacting me. 3 months later there were no contact from Coverall so I followed up with Kristinn and she passed me off to the "Warranty coordinator", Catherine ** in Sept 2017. Catherine then sent an email advising a co-called Skytec will be contacting me.

**Fast Forward- Someone from Skytec came out a total of 3 times running different tests ordered by Maronda. The last test took place January 9th 2018 and I confirmed with Skytec they provided the report to Catherine ** a few days later on Jan 12th 2018. Til this day there is still no resolution or repair work. I sent Catherine two emails, 1 on the 14th and again on the 16th of March and she had absolutely no intentions on doing the right thing to honor repairing this ongoing issue. I'm extremely disappointed that Maronda Homes warranty dept has -0 Integrity and Catherine is extremely poor with follow up. The picture attached is the wall above the Brown blind which is drooping down due to water leaking through.

Original review: March 11, 2018

First and foremost, this is a production (not custom) builder. They provide a lot of square footage for a fair price. And in all honesty, they build a truly beautiful home. We signed a contract in April of 2017 for the Sierra plan in Cape Coral, Fl. and we’re advised it would be a 10 month build. It ended up being finished a month early, amidst a hurricane, and closing was a pretty smooth process. There were a few minor hiccups and some miscommunication. A couple of changes we asked to make (which they may or may not approve, as we were told) were supposedly approved but we’re never updated in the blueprints. By the time we realized it, it was too late to remedy. It was a clear lack of communication between the salesman and supervisor, frustrating but not the end of the world.

The patio was holding a significant amount of water at the walkthrough. They fought us a little on fixing it, but we stood our ground and they did ultimately come out and refinish the porch for us. After closing, we have had a few minor things pop and they send someone out usually within a week of receiving the work order. Is the house perfect? No, but they put a house up in roughly 120 days (permitting takes the majority of the build time). Yes, some corners were cut. Some things were a little uneven (not that anyone would notice unless they were looking) but I challenge you to find me a house that doesn’t have some imperfections. They were honest in saying they won't change things once they’ve stared, they only allow customization up to a certain point, and don’t provide a custom build experience. Overall, we had a great experience. We expected a few things to come up, but they were handled quickly and efficiently.

Everyone we worked with was always very nice, one of the supervisors gave us his personal number and made himself available whenever we needed him. The house is gorgeous, everyone who walks in immediately asks who the builder is. If you’re looking for a custom home, this is not for you. We are relatively young, we don’t have disposable income, and we had the opportunity to build, and design a lot of aspects of a brand new home. Watching our vision come to life over the course of the past year was a really cool experience. I am not an employee nor affiliated with one, this was not incentivized. I did a lot one of research before building with them and didn’t get many positive reviews. I went with my gut, as I find most satisfied people don’t write reviews. I am so glad we went through with the process. We are loving our new home.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I wish I can put negative stars. We started to build the house with Maronda and foundation started back in April 2017. House supposed to be ready by September and construction delayed and extended to November. We sold our previous house end of November so then Maronda provided us closing date is Dec 15. We set up all the moving requirements on the day and the day before closing they said House is not ready. They extended closing to Dec 21. So we rescheduled to it. Another day before notice happened, they said House is not ready, again. So they extended to Dec 27. After Christmas. We drove to the house every single day and we saw no one working on our house. Our concern turned to nightmares. The day before and at 7 pm, they called and told us house is not ready. We had to pay penalty for movers and it wasn’t even 24 hours’ notice.

We have 3 young children and they had no Christmas this year. They lied, House quality is horrible. Floors level are uneven. All the cabinets are damaged. Floor has dip and squeaking. They gave us to do list for fixing. There are hundred of problems still need to be fix. but salesperson said House is ready to go, Go where??? I am totally afraid to move in and I am not sure how many years this house can be survive. Salesman never response emails or questions. They don’t know what they are doing. This company won’t be survive so long I bet millions. Stay away. There are much better builders everywhere. Don’t choose Maronda.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Stop wasting your time, money and effort to this builder. We put our down payment for a house last week of Sept of this year and told us that we really like the house, we processed all our reqs etc just to make the process fast, they scheduled the closing Oct 31st in which are ready to move and done packing, however, a day before that they cancelled the closing date and told us they are still working on the papers. My husband hired an appraiser and the result was 260 while the house price is 290 original price down to 278, so the bank and my husband told them that since the appraisal is low they need to lower the price but they did not lower the price and told us that there is NO WAY they are going to give the house to us in that price, so since we really like the house we hired 2nd appraiser, the result was 265.

From Oct 31st they rescheduled the closing to Nov 31st after all this appraisal. We are so excited to move and was confident that this time they will follow the 2nd appraisal but Daisy one of the BS worker told us again (3 days before the CLOSING NOV 31ST) that they are not lowering the price to 265 that there is NO WAY they will give us the house in that price. We waited over two months for this house hoping we can get the house but nope. So the next day my husband and I decided to give up the house and move on. About 6pm Maronda called us telling us that they want us back that they lower the price to 272. Still not the appraisal price so we said NO and since we are not agreeing to the price we want our MONEY BACK. Then they started negotiating again giving us false hope.

The next day, they called us again and convince us to come back and buy the house that this time they lower the price to 268 because they want us to have the house before XMAS (really after all the BS they did to us, waited over 2 months for this house) so still we said NO that we just want out money back. Next day they called us and that person on the phone was one of the salesman. He was telling us that he is going to lower the price to 265 now if we will go to the office ASAP and close the deal.

Still we said NO, that we are done playing the games. But the guy insisted and started telling us that he is going to buy the fence, the fridge, the garage lock, the blind the mailbox etc. if we only come back to them and buy the house that day (NOV 31ST, remember few days before that day Daisy called us. They are not accepting 265 that they are not giving the house to us that the closing is cancelled) and now they are so desperate chasing us to come back. We wonder why?

So we found out from other source that the appraisal results is good for six months and that result will be in the record and since my husband is using FHA Maronda is cannot sell that house higher to the appraisal result within six month. See? Karma is really a big BITCH! After all the false hope, cancellations rudeness of the agents, karma is losing their money. There was first buyer also before us but same thing it did not happen. So whoever will be the next buyer or bidder for this house good luck, GOOD LUCK to MARONDA! Their workers are so unfriendly especially that DAISY!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

First... I love our house and the property as a whole. We've lived in our house for 18 months and we've been very please with the actual house. Our biggest gripe is the overall experience was one of the most challenging and difficult I've ever experienced. Straight lying and lack of commitment from the salesperson - committing to things that weren't possible - he was never an advocate for his customer in any way. The build process was challenging at times because of that. But the biggest challenge has been since move in.

Many items that were part of the final walk through, and were documented have never been done (e.g., a footprint in our front concrete walkway... left by one of the builders). Also, we paid $10K for a premium lot and the grading was so poor on it that the side and rear were standing water every time it rained and throughout the winter and spring (which is against code). When we requested it be fixed... service group committed to it, but never followed through and became unresponsive.

Finally after 6 months of chasing, we informed the service group that we would be getting a quote and submitting it to Maronda for reimbursement. They agreed with that and when we had the yard regraded and reseeded (a whole other can of worms) for $3500 total, they've refused to pay us. I escalated it to Bob **, who is the Director of the service group after 6 months of battling and then he continued the trend of poor customer service and they refused to resolve the issue. Everything that they documented - they are saying doesn't exist.

I work in an industry where service is provided to customers - and I'd never dream of treating a customer like this. We paid nearly $400,000 for a house and because of their ineptitude, we had to pay an additional $3500, which they refuse to reimburse. Clearly this organization does not have any concerns with customer loyalty. I would never recommend someone else builds with Maronda because the customer experience during, and after the build process was so frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After 13/14 build years, the home is a piece of trash. Granted, we bought the house when it was 3 years old. Maronda built this house with walls that are not even squared off properly. Ok, I can live with that. The turn off valves under the sinks were cheap, plastic push/pull valves that we completely went through and replaced. The master bathroom's garden tub interior has started to peel away in layers, and now needs to be replaced. We have even been able to deal with the fact that this company does not know how to properly grade land before building (in a non-flood zone!!!), and our back porch yard becomes a marsh each time it rains.

However, the straw that has finally broken the camel's back is that we have learned that the air handler they installed was/is too small for the house. If you're unfamiliar with this, be glad. The air handler is located on the second floor in a little closet. This closet has been treated with UV lights, chemicals, etc, and yet, it is still a cesspool of mold, which is now blowing through every AC vent. If you want to bleach walls, AC vents, and even your light socket outlets, this is the company for you. They build cheaply. Settle for their work, and you will regret it. Basically, you're going to be buying a very poorly constructed home that will require at least another $50k-$100K to make livable. Please, consider a well-respected builder instead of this company.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Classic bait-and-switch with drastically overpriced options. Much lower base price than custom builders in the same subdivision but then add-on for every simple option to make house anywhere comparable to other buildings in neighborhood. Brochure said that the tile roof was clearly included in the price. Then when pricing the house, Maronda Homes added $30,000 for the tile roof. Seriously? First it was included in the price and then it added $30,000 to price? That is a pretty drastic bait-and-switch on options stated as included. DO NOT TRUST THIS BUILDER as you can see from this review and every other you read!!!

Original review: June 11, 2017

My husband and I signed a contract for a 4/3/3 with many upgrades. Once the building started we found several errors, when we reported them that is when everything changed. The sales guy and the supervisor of the project did not communicate well and they super never received our changes and the house was built to the old plans. We of our wanted it changed, everyone ** a fit but agreed to make those changes to what we had ordered. We were told that we could not change anything structurally but inside the house, we could customize - so we wanted square sinks in all the bathrooms vs the oval ones and was willing to me for them.

Maronda refused to authorize a small change such as sinks. We called and spoke to the sales manager and his solution was to downgrade, get a credit at closing and replace it all once we moved in (are you kidding me). Who buys a brand new house and then rips up all the countertops to replace it with square sinks. Our option was for less than 50 dollars. Maronda could put in the square sinks and still make a 7000 dollar profit (Duh that isn't hard to see that our way was better). Oh did I mention the sales manager said the ** word to me. So I spoke with the Assistant District Manager and he was worse - he was arrogant and had a major power trip going on. So we wrote to the president after they cancelled our contract on us (mind you we have been packing up our house, our house was on the market, and we started ordering furniture for our new place).

Maronda lost a 300,000 dollar contract over 50 dollar sinks - not sure what kind of business they run. Money is money and if my customer wants square sinks and good quality work I am going to give that but instead they lost it all by stated they mutually cancelled our contract - there was nothing mutual about that cancellation. Now we are back to square one. Do not go with Maronda even if your life depended on it. So unhappy and sad awaiting for our check from Maronda to arrive in the mail so we can start all over again with a company that will treat us right and give us a good quality home.

Original review: June 3, 2017

Beyond impressed!!! Reading these reviews I was a bit worried, but I'm here to say these people don't want you to know the secret of Maronda Homes. I highly recommend them and there is no other builder I would want to build from. Sooo glad they are in the Cincinnati area or maybe I wouldn't have moved here. One and a half weeks into living in my new home, I'm giving Maronda 5 stars despite a few bits of stress of building because in the end, the house itself is a dream. It's exactly what I wanted and more.

The floor plan amazes me every day in its utility as well as beauty - part of it is due to my choice of floor plan and options, but Maronda deserves the credit for creating such a clever floor plan and options. After scouring home builders in the Cincinnati area for floor plans, Maronda is the only builder with the one plan that met my needs (no others do) - and this one goes beyond. It is genius, I could not imagine up a better one, and executed to near-perfection. This floor plan has everything I need, and nothing I don't e.g. no wasted spaces of multiple dining room/living room (although if that's your thing, you can have it. Other builders don't have the option to change it). Maronda is a better value than all other builders in the area, but since we signed the contract, they have raised the price of my floor plan by $25,000 (lucky us). For some reason they don't offer every floor plan in every neighborhood, and discontinue them after a while.

Some of the people we worked with were a pleasure, such as the personable and warm young construction manager who worked closely with us and provided prompt responses to inquiries whether by email or cell phone - he should be on HGTV!! Has the personality and looks. We felt taken care of with him, and give him 10 out of 10 satisfaction rating. Even if it wasn't in his purview, he would tell us who to contact. I'm guessing this is because he just started this position, and still full of excitement. The construction workers were swift and hard-working as well. The house appears to be constructed solidly. We were allowed to look at it every step of the way and can verify it was built well.

Others were average, e.g. the salesman needed extra nudging for communication, and assumed various options for us until prompted, which I presume came from seeing so many buyers over the years who want the same options (e.g. assuming we wanted a wood stair railing upgrade 1 instead of half wall non-upgrade, or iron upgrade 2). Still, not a bad guy.

We didn't get a buyer's agent. Experts recommend a buyer's agent, but I didn't want yet another middle man I had to track down to talk to Maronda. IMO the more links of people, the more delays in communication. Plus, with the great value Maronda delivered to us, I did not want to squeeze their bottom line even more by having to give a few thousand to a buyer's agent (who in new construction where I found the floor plan and picked options, and neighborhood, does little work).

Some other Maronda reps we didn't work with much, but showed up at the very end and were snippy when the closing was delayed. I suspect it is because their profit with us wasn't as big as if we signed the contract 6 months later - the price of this beautiful massive floor plan (3,000 sq feet) is now $25,000 higher. But we weren't the reason for the majority of the delay.

We signed the contract in June 2016, construction started Sept 2016 after our request for the mirror image floor plan did not go through. We were not communicated why, even though the mirror image makes more sense due to our corner lot (we wanted the driveway away from the corner, away from the fire hydrant) - at any rate it turns out, I'm happier with the configuration and it feels better from a feng shui perspective. The house was supposed to be completed January 2017, but it was not completed until April 2017. I expected a longer delay because houses are complex and there are always weather/inspection delays/unexpected issues. So I was not upset whatsoever in that regard, but just letting you know the closing date may be later than you initially think.

The closing date was scheduled for mid-April 2017, but we were not aware of this until the construction manager (favorite guy we worked with at Maronda) told us during the walk-thru. The closing specialist did not find it strange nor did not call the phone number listed, nor did she contact the sales rep when we did not respond for 2 months to an email sent to an erroneous email address (initially our fault - my husband misspelled my email address on one of the docs, I notified the salesman to fix, tried to get that email address but it was taken, even emailed the email address to forward any house stuff to me to no response, all to no avail). So the closing specialist seemed a bit lazy in not following up, try to contact us with alternate ways or contact the salesman or loan officer, who were both in contact with us via email.

Back to the floor plan I picked, which was designed by Maronda. Its plans are open and beautiful, simply outstanding. The floor plan fits my every need and beyond, with no wasted space. For example I detest multiple dining rooms - i.e. an eat-in kitchen or morning room, AND a dining room. I don't have thousands of extra dollars to be buying multiple dining room sets to be unused and a display case for never used dishes. I also dislike multiple living rooms on the same floor. Who is going to sit here for a bit, then sit there for a bit... and need to buy an extra sectional/sofa set? I also dislike staircases at the front door - seems squished and like you are gonna tumble out the front door, or it blocks the front door. I prefer 2nd floor master bedrooms because I prefer to be elevated and don't like to be on the same level as someone walking on the street.

We prefer a separate tub from shower because it's our first house and like showers for daily living, and a bath for relaxation ;). I also prefer a master bedroom far away from the staircase - tucked in the back for privacy - so not everyone has to walk past it to get to their room. It feels safe and secure. And on the other hand any kids don't get used to no one by their door i.e. if the master bedroom was right at the stairs and the kids room are in the back, they would get more privacy instead of the master bedroom.

I need an office because I work from home - but wanted it on the first floor so I can work when others are asleep. I didn't want to make a bedroom or dining room an office, because I want french doors and a large double window on the first floor, with walls for privacy but French doors for openness. Believe it or not, most floor plans have extra dining rooms, living rooms, or both, no walled office, and a staircase that crowds the entrance of the house.

My parents were all about feng shui and insisted the master bedroom was not situated over the garage (most Ryan homes do this). I also wanted an UNfinished basement because I need storage space over space I need to furnish. The Newbury by Maronda fits every last requirement, and more. It is the PERFECT design, and does not jack up the price needlessly by requiring hardwood floors or decorative beams. The house looks good enough as is.

In addition to all the above, the house has a super sunny sun room/dining room, huge island with seating for 4 and bar counter with seating for 3, walk in pantry, upstairs loft (like a living room, but has a closet for storage!) for video games, gigantic master bedroom (25 feet x 16 feet I think) with sitting area, huge closet, tiled shower which is separate from the tiled tub. A huge laundry room too on the 2nd floor (convenient!) with window.

For the basics, which also are above and beyond - Maronda's execution is immaculate. There is a great room on the first floor, a spacious upstairs laundry room, 3 additional upstairs bedrooms, one which we took the Loft option for a 2nd living room, but upstairs, for playing video games right before bed (can shut down 1st floor, no need to climb stairs right before bed).

There is an upstairs bath with 2 sinks (masterbath has 2 sinks also), and a garage entry closet. The 1300 square foot unfinished basement came with a surprise 16 foot x 9 foot cave area excavated due to sunroom, which is perfect to make a climbing wall with three sides. I prefer unfinished to finished basements for the storage options instead of requirement to furnish, and carpets in basements always collect a musty smell.

Further, I already have a ton of living space above ground, and need storage space and exercise space. Lastly, it bugs me when the MLS lists the basement space as part of the square footage because it gives an erroneous idea of how big the house is, when between a house with a finished basement, and a house with an unfinished basement (2 equal sized houses, 1 finished basement, 1 unfinished... people think the finished basement house is bigger/bigger house with unfinished basement may sound like the same size as a smaller house with finished basement, but zero storage space).

Now for the BEYOND my requirements part - great options, but not wasted space options (a living room/dining room would not be "beyond", it would be a drag). There was an option to make a 1st floor guest suite with adjoining full bath for older guests who don't want to climb stairs, and for separation from the guests (and opposite corner from office) - like a guest house in the same house! This created a large walk in pantry and hall closet. And the most amazing frivolous room... a secret hidden vaulted yoga room behind the master bathroom. It has windows on 3 sides, and can be used as a nursery. Maronda makes high ceilings and spacious hallways without additional fees. I can see over my neighbors' houses and see the gazebo from the master bedroom.

Don't be shy at the walk-thru to point out things to fix. They will do it, and quickly also! As for the financing, we went with the bank they work with, and they were pretty easy to work with, and got us the best deal including seller's incentives. Someone there made about 3-4 mistakes that either I caught, or someone in their office caught.

The sod, seed & straw, mulch, plants came in yesterday/today - Maronda kept their promise. The sub-contractors said Maronda is great to work with. You get a lot for the money. It is the perfect house with a ton of space, yet no wasted rooms to furnish. Truly a dream. My only fear is that I will never be able to move out of this house into another house, because this house is perfect. Outstanding!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I was not in a hurry and was told up front that the build time would be lengthy. I contracted in December 2015 and the house was completed and closed 10/2016. I have been in the house for 6 months now and I can tell you everything was way better than anticipated. This is my 5th house in central FL. First house was a Condo - Resale home, first out of college. Second house was New, Centex house 1988 when I got married. House was good with some minor problems that I repaired myself. Third house was custom home in Dr. Philips. I stayed here 20 years and frankly the workmanship was horrible. I rebuilt the whole house over this time period and Made it awesome.

4th house was after a divorce, Centex home, townhouse in Apopka. Construction was good, NO issues that I could not handle. It was new and I did some custom work to it and upgrades. Lennox AC unit quit out of house warranty but covered by Lennox warranty and a class action lawsuit that I have not yet been paid on, that's pending. No real complaints and loved the place for what it was. 5th house is the Maronda one and I love it.

I am familiar with Maronda, back in the day my now ex-wife worked there in the mortgage division. They were known for building low-cost starter homes which they still do today. That was over 20 years ago. Frankly I never thought I would live in one as they would not be something I would be interested in. Well fast forward and they had the perfect floorplan in the perfect neighborhood for me. We have half to full acre heavily wooded lots in a country setting. I got the smallest floorplan they offered as its just me and my dog. The build time was slow but that was disclosed up front. I inspected every build phase and frankly I was very surprised with the quality of the components and work done for a budget builder. Slab was reinforced with fiberglass that prevents cracking and so far NONE have shown up. Block work was very good. Windows were a very high grade, roof decking had foil backing for insulation.

I did not realize but the floor plan for this neighborhood included the bonus bathroom that made basically 2 master suites. (Got more than I thought I was getting.) During the time waiting for construction they upgraded the standard trim with price increases and upgraded my house as well. (They had no contractual obligation to do so but did it anyhow.) The tile work was excellent. Cabinets installed great and fit and finish excellent. They installed a Trane AC Unit instead of the standard Lennox. The install job was excellent and I know HVAC installation. Tech used tube bender and made nice smooth bends in tubes instead of the standard 90-degree elbows. This improves efficiency by cutting down on turbulence within the system.

My master shower had 1/2 frameless glass enclosure which is more than I thought I would get, was anticipating 1/4 aluminum frame junk. Exterior paint is an unknown manufacturer, Florida Paint. I can however say they applied it way heavier than I have seen in the past which will reduce moisture problems. Sprinkler system and water system and well are very good though.

The well should have a 1 horse pump instead of the half horse. Suspect this was for energy efficiency so can't knock them. Landscape was poor but not knocking that either. They used the worst Bahia grass with the worst install job I have ever seen. Well it's workable and with some work it's coming around. Bottom line is that all houses will have issues. All tract builders use the same subs and same materials for the most part. Some developments especially in FL are in fact built on wet areas or swamps as some may call them. So do your homework all builders will build on them.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We are in the process of building a Maronda Home in PA. Scratch that, they have not broken ground yet, so we are not really building a house yet. We were told by the salesman that our completion date was the middle of July at our first meeting. Then at our next meeting he said, "To be safe let's put the date at the end of July." When we met again I asked him about the end of July date and he said, "To be really safe let's say the first week of August." It is the middle of April and they have not started anything yet.

The issue is we chose flexible buyers for our current house so we would not have to move, but now we are seeing the writing in the wall and we either will have to rent off of our buyers or move twice. The thing is we did not pull these dates out of the air. We made the mistake of believing the salesman. I am not sure what else we were supposed to do. This is our first home build and we talked to others that live in the plan. I have also not heard from the salesman in a while. I sent two emails and they are unanswered. He was great at communicating at the beginning of the process but now we hear nothing.

Updated on 01/10/2018: We were told July, but we ended up closing in late September. Now I want to write about other lies that we were told. When we were picking a lot we picked one right across from one of the ponds in the plan. When we chose it, the pond looked great and we were told it would only get better by having trees planted. Well not only were the trees a lie, but the pond no longer looks great.

Right after our house was started the pond was drained and digging began. We were told that a pipe was bent and they had to fix it. The pond would be fixed and would fill on its own. Now that we have been in our house for a few months I see that the pond water level is low all the time and I can hear it draining all the time. I asked the salesman and he said once the construction was done the pond would look better. During construction the pond has fences in it to filter the mud. My concern is the water level not the fences. I then reached out to the service department and they told me that this is a retention pond and at times could be empty. The level is kept low and will always be low. Would you buy a house looking into a big empty hole? No one would. I spoke to all our neighbors and they knew nothing about the water level being low or the pond could be empty they were told it would look like the pond at the front of plan which is always full.

I just don't understand the lies that don't really matter much. We would have bought in the plan, but just a different lot. I know that the salesman reads these reviews and I am sure he will see this one and think "not this guy again", but why lie? Also, there were three lots left in phase 4 which we wanted to buy in because it was cheaper than phase 5. The one lot was at the front of the plan and when I asked about it he said it was going to be the parking lot for the soon to be completed new model. Well guess what? There is a house being built on that lot now. It's a Presidential model, so all the neighbors are wondering if they were saving it for someone because they wanted a Presidential model at the front.

As far as the house... It has been pretty good. We have had issues with the dishwasher not installed correctly, the furnace didn't work, our locks didn't work on the outside doors, our kitchen cabinets doors were not hung correctly, we have a plumbing problem in our upstairs bathtub, and we have a brick missing on the front of our house. The service department has been pretty good except for the missing brink. They tried to just go over the hole with mortar instead of actually putting in a new brick, but they said they will fix it.

These experiences have lessened the overall experience of building a new home. It has left a bad taste in our mouth. People always ask if we would do it again and I say only time will tell on the quality of the house over the long term. With both my kids in the school district that we want to be in I don't see us moving unless there is some other unforeseen issue.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My wife and I first began looking at Maronda Homes in August of 2016. We didn't choose our model and go under contract until middle of November. Our sales associate Eddie **, at first, seemed eager, friendly, and ready to help us. It wasn't until later on during the selection process (upgrades, colors, etc) that we realized he was a practical joke. He was brand new to the company and didn't know almost anything. Even with the twenty plus years of reality experience with other builders that he arrogantly boasted, he still seemed like he was out of the loop with Maronda. Almost all the questions we asked he had to ask the other sales associate Lorena simply because of his inexperience.

Unfortunately my wife and I are barely in our 20s and first time home buyers, so we gullibly took his words and trusted him. Even though her and I did do our research before even thinking about building there were still some things we hadn't learned yet. The questions and concerns we had, he would just write them off and tell us not to worry about them. Foolishly, we listened.

After we told him we had a realtor, he turned into a little jerk. He stopped answering phone calls, emails and texts. I get it, there goes a percentage of his commission, but too bad you are an employee and understand that it happens. Ever since then, he's been salty with us. The latest issue and the worst is that after we signed the contract, we hadn't realized that our model had an available under truss hip screened lanai. The option was not in our selection sheet when our five-star sales associate went over it with us, so we had no way of knowing. It wasn't until later, via the internet that we saw our same model with the lanai added on.

We went back to Maronda and told Eddie that we would like to add the lanai to our upgrades. We already knew that it would cost us and additional $500 dollars like it states in the contract when the buyers want to add an additional upgrade after the contract has been signed. We were fine with that and took responsibility for not knowing beforehand. "Too bad", is basically what they said. He told us that our contract is done and waiting to be looked over by our local city permitting department.

Here's the thing, our lot is in an eagle zone (one of the things he didn't explain to us when we bought the lot!) and after taking a trip to city permitting they told us since the eagle nesting season doesn't end until mid-May 2017, they aren't even going to look at our permitting until then. So there has been an entire three month span where nothing is being done! Why can't the contract be changed/re-done? I don't understand. We spoke to Eddie who said we shouldn't even bring it up to his manager. What? That made no sense to us. We honestly figured it was because he was too damn lazy to write up another contract with the added change. We had our realtor call in and speak to Eddie, again.

Finally, our realtor spoke to the supervisor and he said no also. So my realtor asked for the next person in line, who supposedly happens to be a regional supervisor/manager of some sort. He gave my realtor his number, and we are still waiting to hear a call back from him after almost an entire month. We were even told by the other sales associate, Lorena, to just start another contract. WHAT!? What a ridiculous solution. Yeah, let me give you another $5000 deposit so you can pocket it and scrap my current contract. Seriously, what in the world.

What I don't understand is that this new added lanai is a whole $10,000 that they pocket. It's not like we want to change doorknobs the day before closing! I understand that engineers have to re-do the blueprints, etc but how is it not cost effective to do so? There is no way that the added change could cost them more than what the lanai costs! I can't find anywhere in the contract where it states that changes cannot be done after the buyer signs. I mean, that's literally the purpose of charging the buyer an additional $500 to any change they want to make after the selections have been done. Which is directly stated on the front of their paperwork!

If anybody could please shed some light here on what I could do. Is it worth getting lawyers involved? It's just a lanai that I want added to my home, that won't even start construction until possibly June, I mean, come on. If this is just the beginning, without even having to worry about my home being constructed, what happens during that time? Help.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

The Sales Agent, Alyson ** is extremely unprofessional. She promised us items for our home and never delivered. After moving in, we found out from all the neighbors that their experience with her as well was horrendous. She has poor follow up skills, sells you with deceit and then gets very combative. We were assured by she that everything in the home would be perfect. We being out of state had a family member checking on the home and found several items such as cracked tile, incorrect backsplash installed, dented appliances, kitchen cabinetry damaged and very sloppy finish work. Alyson promised that she would be in attendance for the first walk through but she was not and demanded that we come in for the walk through.

Not only was the interior of the home a disaster, the exterior was just as bad. My realtor with over 20 years in the industry stopped the process of putting green tape on all the items that needed attention after we noticed that a door was in need of complete tear down including an entire interior wall and brought the "supervisor" Henry (Hank) and myself to the middle of the home expressing her concerns and asking him why he wasn't writing any of what we found down or using a tablet. His response was that he'd remember. That was a complete joke and thankfully we had good notes along with pictures. Hank is not fit for his role. He speeds through the development driving with his door open, jumps out of the car that looks like it's been through a mafia war and leaves it running as he frantically tries to do his job. This experience by far has been the worst ever!

The yard: the sod is literally thrown in, no guidance on how to maintain it. We have twisted our ankles numerous times out in our yard and the VP Jim ** refuses to discuss and reverts back to "Hank's" notes that are a mess of chicken scratch. We have our landscaping noted on our walk through. We've had to spend over $500.00 so far trying to correct the poor install of our lawn. We still have a tree on our property that Hank sent someone over to straighten out but ** will not address and it is a tilting eye sore. The exterior front of our home had to be done three times! The incorrect mantel was put in after what we saw with pictures was what we expected. The team changed the mantel and after three times of me the home owner standing supervising a sublet contractor it was finally correct. The driveway was sinking and had to be redone.

The VP Jim ** is unfit for his role. It has trickled down to everyone that we had/have to deal with. The warranty person Karen ** doesn't return calls, respond to emails and all situations that fall within our warranty are just denied and then we must fight. They send this man Jorge out and all he does is debate the items that are in question of repair and is extremely combative. The CEO Ted Brock was contacted and refused to speak with me. Look at his linked in profile. Speaks volumes about his experience as well and his picture of him reading a book!

This is our dream home. We paid cash for this. Cash!!! These individuals have no skills, are unethical and create havoc every chance given. Do not buy a home from them. We also had a home inspection as recommended from our realtor. Most would think a brand new home would not need that but our inspector found that the entire electrical panel needed redo. Lights tripping and hollow tiles that ** refused to cover repairing. We have documented everything. We have neighbors documents as well.

There's a pond here that is not being appropriately addressed and we have midge flies in our homes as a result. There is garbage everywhere from careless builders and food wrappers from every fast food establishment in our country. They point the finger at the developer and the developer points back at Maronda and we still look at this mess. DO NOT BUY FROM MARONDA!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

So sad to be taken advantage of by a major company. We just spent a fortune having a house built by Maronda Homes. Once we closed they have washed their hands of us. Several times in the first year during the warranty period, we provided examples of a needed repair to our water. The pictures below will show how bad our water is. No one should ever have to live with this quality of water. They agreed there's a problem, they consulted with an outside company and were given a fix that would cost $1800, but they don't want to spend anything so they said too bad. They called me on the phone to tell me they know that there's a problem. They consulted with a company who proved the problem and provided a fix, but it was never going to happen, it cost too much.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I am a real estate agent in Southwest Florida and just finished up with my first and last Maronda home deal. I warned my clients from the start, because of the bad reviews and against my better judgment I proceeded through this transaction with them. The house took just over 20 months from contract date to finish and the communication throughout the process was the worst I have experienced. They failed multiple inspections (some of the same inspections failed multiple times) and they always had what they believed to be a good excuse. They convinced the buyers to use the in-house lender to save on closing costs and the final figure wound up being more than $4000 over the original quote. The home itself is mediocre to say the least. Many flaws that they just did not address properly and now the clients are stuck with a house that already has cosmetic and functionality issues.

Because of the extremely long process they cause my clients to receive a higher interest rate and miss out on homestead exemption, which is a savings on taxes. It is impossible to talk with someone from their corporate office and even when I could get a hold of someone other than the sales rep, they always got very upset with me for calling and actually hung up on several occasions. In closing, you should know that this experience was so bad that I will refuse to ever accept another commission check related to a deal with this company. I honestly feel sick to my stomach just for being a part of the deal and I beg you to do whatever you can to choose another builder.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I purchased my home in Sebring Florida from Maronda Homes, 10 years ago. I was never told the home was sitting in wet lands. The drainage plans were approved by Sun 'n Lake District, so Maronda was cleared to build inadequately and as cheap as possible. Now all of the homeowners are living with a flood situation every time it rains. I have taken the matter up with Sun 'n Lake & Maronda, neither seem to give a damn. I have spoken to my County Rep. Mr. Ron **. His answer was "this is not a county problem, so please go away." So I have two suggestions for every home buyer, Don't buy a house in Highlands County Fl. or from Maronda Homes. They are both bad news.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I purchased my home from Maronda Homes 2014. My carpet in my whole house is bundled throughout my home which started to unravel just a year after purchase. The kitchen sink they installed was so cheap looking not durable at all. The tile installed is cracked throughout my bathroom and showers, the contractor came out twice within 2 months to seal it and it's still cracked. The garage door has stopped working 3 times within 2 months, the company they are hiring for cheap do not do a great job and when you call the office for repairs, the office manager Karen ** is so rude and unprofessional. She's very curt with a bad attitude when you call with complaints.

And finally the office manager of Maronda Homes Lisa in Palmetto Florida was very unprofessional. She is discussing my sale with other customers and she had no idea they were my friends. They came by looking at their models telling them I am a "Trip" when she was so drugged up on pain pills during the whole process of me purchasing my home. And I know this because she told me! Whole experience a total nightmare!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Built new Maronda Home here in Lumber Creek Division in Yulee, FL - took many months - 9 from contract sign to closing... Very slow building - always have excuses. Then closing date was given for November then changed to Dec then changed again and again. Unbelievable... Sales rep Barbara was very rude, nasty and unhelpful. Since closing on January 2016, we have had some warranty issues... A couple of very small issues have been taken care of... but I have bigger issues that need attention and they keep putting me off. Have reached out to the sales rep Fred - who also came and took picture for ac door unit to show VP and Matt (warranty supervisor) who never returns calls or emails or has said coming next week and never shows up.

Need master bathroom door turned - as seniors no room to close door easily because it opens into small area instead of opening out as another builder has done on their homes. Also suppose to have door over ac unit that is located in laundry area - story from Matt was ordered door and it was broken then was going to make something... Can't understand how other builder here has no trouble getting their ac doors. Also big issue is my front walkway is sinking. Can't seem to get anything done. Don't know where to turn... Don't have much longer before year is up. This is not our first built home but it has been the worst... Never, never would I recommend Maronda Homes... Please don't do it!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

This was going to be the first house that my wife and I built together and I was very excited to start the process. After dealing with Maronda Homes I doubt that I will ever venture down this road again. It has left me with no respect for large home builder companies. We were blatantly lied to on more than one occasion throughout the selection process by our sales rep. We found out after the fact that our sales rep was brand new to the company and my family was the lucky enough to experience his ignorance. We selected many different items for our new Home including cabinets and carpet and after we signed our contract we found out that we would be paying extra for these items because they were an upgrade. Our ignorant sales rep told us to our face that it would be included in the amount.

Our sales rep also didn't know the specs for the specific neighborhood we were to build in and we were required to change our garage entrance a month after signing our contract. Maronda Homes wanted us to pay the difference for the change and I said absolutely not because that was their ignorant mistake. After fighting over the additional cost they decided to press on with the new plan even though my wife and I liked the first plan best. I was told my driveway would be wide enough for two cars to pass each other but after the plan change I was given a blueprint showing a single car driveway. Who would want a single car driveway that leads to a two car garage?

These issues were only the tip of the iceberg because after numerous phone calls and argument the house was still to be built. In June our sales rep told us he submitted the paperwork to the city for permits and when September rolled around and ground had still not been broken I called the city. They had no record of the permits ever being submitted. Lied to again! I spoke with the regional sales manager for Maronda Homes Greg ** and he was very rude and also dishonest about what was happening to my home. After speaking with this joker I had to pull the plug on building this house.

At this point we were 6 months into a contract and nothing had been accomplished or even started. I don't see how they can operate this way and stay in business. They would not refund our deposit and we will now be going to court over the whole ordeal. I beg others out there to really consider other builders because you are in for a horrible experience with this company. They have so many bad reviews and I wish that I would have listened to them before signing a contract with a dishonest company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Seeing all the negative reviews I just had to write. We had built a new Maronda home in 2014. We have been in the home for a year. Any issues that we had which were nothing major were all taken care of. We are very happy with our home and have not had any more problems. As with all builders there will be buyers that have issues with a new home but then write a real bad review. All I can say that Maronda has been around for a long time and are reputable. I would build a Maronda home again. We live in Palm Coast Florida.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I have nothing against the owner but you have subcontractors that are rude, peeing off the roof, using my well water without permission. My pressure tank had to be fixed at my cost. Yesterday was awful. They all blocked our street. People could not get through including school buses since school starts today. The blonde lady said "Oh Well". Not the way to handle people who have lived here. You people don't care. I was made to move my mailbox and now I have a new one to be placed and it was up to Maronda Homes to move my mailbox not myself and now I am requesting that Maronda Homes place my new mailbox since I put up with my newly painted driveway which has to be redone from all the trucks and deliveries went over it, people parking in my front yard blocking people. I made the sod people move.

I know it is money for you. I was an employee of Port St Lucie Building Dept years ago and I never saw subs do what they do nowadays: very rude, garbage all over when there is a freedom bucket right there. My neighbors and I picked up most of the cans and papers. We have been here over 20 years - never seen anything like it. I am disabled and watching this house go up and rude subs you need to fix it. I can't wait to see the inside when my new neighbor moves in. I know you owners of Maronda Homes don't care but you need to.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

If you are in the market for purchasing a new Maronda home buyer be aware, the workers drinking while on the job, then they put the beers inside the kitchen wall had to fish it out, mixer shower valve was leaking since we bought the house new, caused major issues in the kitchen. Have to replace cabinets walls, floors, mold on the sheet rock, mold in the closet, caulk is cracking throughout the house, tubs came with stains, stucco cracking. Need I say more.

Maronda Homes Company Information