Maronda Homes

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Seeing all the negative reviews I just had to write. We had built a new Maronda home in 2014. We have been in the home for a year. Any issues that we had which were nothing major were all taken care of. We are very happy with our home and have not had any more problems. As with all builders there will be buyers that have issues with a new home but then write a real bad review. All I can say that Maronda has been around for a long time and are reputable. I would build a Maronda home again. We live in Palm Coast Florida.

I have nothing against the owner but you have subcontractors that are rude, peeing off the roof, using my well water without permission. My pressure tank had to be fixed at my cost. Yesterday was awful. They all blocked our street. People could not get through including school buses since school starts today. The blonde lady said "Oh Well". Not the way to handle people who have lived here. You people don't care. I was made to move my mailbox and now I have a new one to be placed and it was up to Maronda Homes to move my mailbox not myself and now I am requesting that Maronda Homes place my new mailbox since I put up with my newly painted driveway which has to be redone from all the trucks and deliveries went over it, people parking in my front yard blocking people. I made the sod people move.

I know it is money for you. I was an employee of Port St Lucie Building Dept years ago and I never saw subs do what they do nowadays: very rude, garbage all over when there is a freedom bucket right there. My neighbors and I picked up most of the cans and papers. We have been here over 20 years - never seen anything like it. I am disabled and watching this house go up and rude subs you need to fix it. I can't wait to see the inside when my new neighbor moves in. I know you owners of Maronda Homes don't care but you need to.

If you are in the market for purchasing a new Maronda home buyer be aware, the workers drinking while on the job, then they put the beers inside the kitchen wall had to fish it out, mixer shower valve was leaking since we bought the house new, caused major issues in the kitchen. Have to replace cabinets walls, floors, mold on the sheet rock, mold in the closet, caulk is cracking throughout the house, tubs came with stains, stucco cracking. Need I say more.

I have lived in my town all my life and have built homes before. Maronda Homes has been around for a very long time and even lasted through the building slump when other companies went under. This being the case and not being able to afford to go with a custom builder we decided to use Maronda for our builder. Things started off great. The salesman was very friendly and helpful in answering all of our questions. We made many changes and upgrades to the house that were not usual for the builder to do. They started our house in a timely manner and things seemed to be ok until the last 2 months of building.

We drove to the house daily to see how things were going. Every time we did we found mistakes. Walls not attached to the trusses, broken water pipes in the foundation, missing cable outlets that we paid extra for, etc. We told the supervisor about the issues and he tried to get them fixed (so he told us). Two days before our closing I asked the supervisor if we needed to push the closing back to give them more time to fix the issues. He said he couldn't. That Maronda would not allow us to.

The day of closing the house was still not cleaned, the paint on the outside of the house was peeling off, the drywall looks awful, the master shower floor needed to be redone, the master counter is too short, the cabinets were chipped up, the front and back porches looked like a construction zone still (tons of stains on the concrete), the outside stucco looks awful, the driveway has a 2 inch lip (feels like a speed bump), plus so many other things were not fixed.

After moving in a week after closing (gave them some time to fix things, but they didn't) we noticed that the French doors in our enclosed den were not closing correctly. We found more drywall issues, and the A/C does not cool one entire side of the house. We found that they laid the carpet over rocks or what feels like rocks when you walk on them. To top it all off don't look up when you are in the great room. You can see every tape line that was done on the drywall. In calling the supervisor he gave me the numbers for the trades who had done the jobs and told me that I could call them to get things fixed. I guess he was done with me. I have been in the house for 2 months now and still have a long list of things that need to be fixed. Each time I get a company in to fix an issue they cut corners and do a half ass job. Then they give the excuse "Well this is cheap material" or "These aren't the best doors and toilets."

I also am having to use my own money to have the A/C rerouted to get air into the master bedroom and closet. The temperature difference is 5+ degrees and the air company says "Well Maronda designed it, we just put it in." An extra $500.00 I should not have to spend to fix the issue. Guess I should have done more research before going with Maronda for my house. To tell you the truth I HATE my house, and it is a shame after spending the amount of money that I did to build it.

We built our first home with Maronda. The wood frame was rotten. When I told them I was hiring an inspector they moved our close date up a month. By the time we were able to get back to our home they had already put the drywall up so no one could see the rotten broken wood frame. They threatened to sue us if we broke the contract. They insisted the wood was just treated wood. Two days ago our kitchen cabinets fell on my daughter causing a concussion and shattering all of our dishes including dishes that belong to my grandmother and mom. Both have passed. If I knew how to include photos I would. They have been posted on Twitter though. Do not buy a minor damage home. They are junk.

Maronda only cares about your money. If I had room I would go into detail on everything that has broken in the 9 months we have owned this crappy home. Huge carpenter ant infestation, doors, and windows don't close properly so constant insects in the house. Water contaminated, horrible poop stench in the back, bedroom damp smell - have to run dehumidifier 24/7. Horrible sound when we turn the faucets on. The list goes on and on. The stress has given me 2 heart attacks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Purchased in the Hartman Ponds community in the Columbus, Ohio area. This is my first home and I couldn't be more screwed. My floor is uneven, my foundation isn't sealed properly and each spring it's like a bug stampede into my home, my neighbors are loud ghetto trash, the main water pipe in my downstairs has burst and I was told it was because of the horrible quality of parts, my windows are off track and I could go on and on. Maronda will not stand by their own warranties but they continue to quickly build these mass produced paper houses.

Please do as much research as you can on Maronda Homes before you foolishly decide to purchase from this horrible company. Their homes are mass produced garbage and you will never be happy with your purchase. Here are just a few tidbits to get you started, so you can decide for yourself and do more research. 1: They do not stand behind their warranties. You will be spending a ton of money to fix things they should be responsible for. 2: All of the "parts" to build the home are sub-par from the pipes to the baseboards. We purchased our home brand new in 2011 and have had to spend over 10,000 just to replace broken or damaged pieces.

3: For God's sake, don't buy in the Hartman Pond neighborhood. The person who used to run the model home before they closed up shop said that the reason they were doing so is because "Maronda created a new ghetto." 4: They lie. Hartman Pond is in the Columbus City School District. They will tell you it's Hamilton Local. Not only is it CSD but it's one of the worst CSD schools in the city. Run. 5: The "pond" is just a sewer drainage basin. It's ugly.

6: Maronda fails to upkeep their lots. Ticks are everywhere in the summer. You have to get the city involved just to get them to mow. 7: They are some of the rudest people you will ever meet. Once they have your money they could care less. 8: Did I mention the horrible quality of the homes? Yeah, it needs mentioned twice. 9: They don't seal the foundation/walls. Bugs can just waltz in because there isn't a good barrier to prevent it. 10: The soil has 0 nutrients. OSU tested the soil quality. Maronda sold off all of the top soil to Jones Topsoil before they built. You will never grow a good lawn unless you use a ton of chemicals or have it professional maintained and regrown. ZERO NUTRIENTS. RUN AWAY FROM MARONDA.

I cannot express enough how true the previous complaints are about Maronda. Simply put their homes suck. I should have paid more attention. They discouraged me from adding a pool to the mortgage and now I am stuck having to get another loan.

When I was first shown this lot at Aosta Valley in Walton, KY, the first thing I noticed as we were looking at the backyard to see where the property would end at was water that was leaching from the neighbors sump pump pipe. I asked Tim, "Would this be a problem to clear up?" and he replied that they would either pipe it underground or swell it off. So I agreed to purchase the lot. GUESS WHAT WHEN THE HOUSE WAS DONE BUILT AND IT WAS TIME TO TAKE CARE OF THE DRAINAGE, the people at the office in Ohio said no it wasn't their problem. And guess what else. When Tim the salesman at Aosta in Walton was asked if we had discussed the drainage situation, he replied that the discussion had never taken place. Folks just get everything in writing because some folks there are like politicians. They will tell you anything to make a sale.

I would not recommend purchasing your home through Maronda Homes, in particular Dartmoor Estates in North Huntingdon. March 25th 2105, we entered an agreement with Maronda Homes in Dartmoor Estates. One of the attractions to my wife in particular was the kitchen island at the model home at the Dartmoor Estates location. My wife inquired about the island and we were informed that this was the deluxe island. As we selected our upgrades, my wife selected the deluxe island. We asked the sales man several times that the island that he had in the model was the deluxe model and he confirmed. My wife even went back to the model with visiting family showing them the island letting them know that this is what she was getting with the sales man and never was informed otherwise.

On March 30th we finalized our upgrade options and again addressed that the upgrade that we selected was the island the salesman had in the model and again was informed that yes that was the deluxe island. On April 16th we had a printed copy that confirmed our selection that included the deluxe island. It was during this time that we also addressed the front porch of our home. We stressed the point that we wanted the home as the portrait on the internet and on the model brochure. The porch only has columns with no railing and is a walk off front porch.

On March 25th we signed a copy of the photo of the Harvard Model that we selected as a walk off porch with no railings and just columns. We even addressed this several times with the salesman to confirm that the home was going to be built as shown on the pictures of the model. We received an email from the salesman on March 31st that the porch was to be just the columns.

It was on Monday October 12th that upon a visit to the construction site that the island that was being built in the kitchen was in no way a replication of the island that my wife and I had been lead to believe we purchased. As I was leaving the construction site, I noticed porch railing kits lying in the garage. I ran into the salesman as I was leaving the plan. I addressed these matters with him as he informed me that they must be someone else's railing or a false delivery as he stated he confirmed that the porch would just have columns. I also addressed the island with him and he had no idea why it wasn't the island that we all thought. He stated that he would look into this matter.

Upon returning my call the salesman stated that it was due to code that the porch needed railings. This code only came into place because the porch was not built as shown on the brochure and/or internet photos that were signed. He went on to state that they changed sometime in March or April and that they also changed the type of islands that they were placing in the Harvard Model that we selected. The issue here was, we as the buying customer were never informed of this and given options.

The sales man stated on Monday October 12th that he would address my concerns with the Maronda Homes VP and that we would hear something the next day. On Tuesday October 13th, we heard nothing from the sales man or the Maronda Homes VP. On Wednesday October 14th, I contacted the salesman whom informed me that he had a meeting with his VP and I would be getting a call first thing the next day.

On Thursday October 15th, around 1 pm we heard nothing from the sales man or the Maronda Homes VP. I called the sales man and he stated that his VP would be calling us. We never received a call from the Maronda Homes VP that day. In fact, Friday October 16th came and by 12pm we had heard nothing from the VP. I called and finally was able to talk to the Maronda Homes secretary who informed me that the VP was out of the office and took a detailed message, she stated that he would contact me first thing Monday October 19th.

October 21st came and again about 12pm we had heard nothing from the Maronda Homes VP. I called at 12pm, 12:02pm, and again at 2pm. I finally called from a different number and was able to get the VP on the phone. We talked about my issues where he informed me that he stopped them from cutting the granite counters. He stated that they could build a different island and I informed him at this point that the island would now never fit in the kitchen. I let him know that I will run over to the construction site and measure the island. I let him know that I would call back within the hour. I went to measure and there was no way that the island that we selected would or could be placed into that home.

I called back several times before I was able to get a hold of the VP. I let him know that the island would not fit. I explained to him that this was the island that we believed was being placed in our home the entire time. He stated that it would not fit, the issue here I explained is had we known this, then we might have not upgraded the island or selected a different model home. I addressed the porch with the VP, as he asked me if I was crazy, how they would build a home with the porch on the brochure in Western PA.

As I explained how the sales man led us to believe that this was the island the entire time and that the porch was being built as displayed on the picture as a walk off, the Maronda Homes VP called me a liar. He stated that this was not what the sales man was telling him and could he go now to call the production team as I was holding back productivity, I requested that we have a meeting with the sales man Himself and his supervisor and he ignored my request. I asked for his supervisor's name and number and he informed me that I would receive a call from his supervisor the very next day and hung up. I immediately contacted the sales man who stated that he would call the VP and we should be getting some type of compensation.

Friday October 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, and the 27th came and went with no call from the Maronda Homes VP or his supervisor. At this point my wife and I were thinking this is just another broken promise from Maronda. On October 28th we sent an email to the salesman with several questions to include that the VP never called us back or offered any type of compensations. On October 31st we went to the construction site and had to get the key from the salesman. I stressed to the sales man that again I received no call from the VP to compensate nor received a call from this supervisor, I again stated that we should have a meeting. I informed the salesman of my conversation again with the VP. The sales man was dancing around giving us a garage door opener for the issues.

Island that we thought were getting upgrade cost: $2,190.00, Upgraded island counter top: $1,200.00. Front porch that we added as we thought would be a walk off porch, $8,990.00. Somehow, Maronda Homes, that does not total your resolution: chain link garage door opener: $495.00.

We are currently in the process of buying a home at Dartmoor Estates. The sales person told us throughout the process that the huge ditch that spans most of the yard would be filled in. Now a week from closing, they are refusing to honor that and my entire yard is a ditch. If we would back out of the deal now, we would lose our 8000 dollar deposit. I strongly recommend not buying from them.

I am in the process of building a home. It took 5 months before they broke ground. Hidden expenses and customer service is the worst I've dealt with to date. With the exception of one person. They only care about the bottom line and customer service is the least of their concern. I would NEVER recommend building a home with Maronda. Please look at other builders because I built a home with Centex and dealt with zero of the issues I'm dealing with now. Horrible builder.

Since we moved into our house over 3 years ago we have had problems. Our backyard being one of the biggest issues. We were told multiple times it would be fixed, it still looks terrible. We have huge trenches running all through our backyard. We cannot put a fence or a deck up because of these trenches. Maronda kept telling us that they were going to get to it when they had people in this area again. I have seen Maronda homes being built, there is one going up next door and nobody has fixed our yard. Another issue is our shingles. They told us to call the company that installed them. We did, multiple times. They will not return our calls and Maronda was still being no help.

Finally after 10 months, my husband went ape ** crazy on them and they gave him an email address to contact somebody about our shingles. They then sent us information about a pending class action suit regarding our shingles. So now we are supposed to wait even longer for that to go through! We should have known building with them was going to be a mistake when our original salesmen left the company during our building process and we never found out until we called their corporate office to figure out why he wasn't returning our calls. They never even bothered to assign someone else to us.

The lack of respect and professionalism towards me and my daughter got my daughter disappointed to the point of canceling the deal. The deceiving tactics were also a reason. Now, they also refused to refund the $500 deposit to her, after they say it was refundable.

I was told from the first time we looked at our lot that the drainage issue would be taken care of by Maronda. We moved in on Jan 8th and the issue is still there. We are now being told that this is a civil issue between me and my neighbor. I was told about a week ago that the manager in the West Chester Ohio office is now finally going to review this of course after he gets back from his vacation. Maronda had an estimate of 700 dollars to put a pipe in but someone in that office decided it was not their problem even though that was the first thing we talked about before we purchased the lot. What's so funny is I'm not going to cut a single blade of that tall grass growing through it and it just so happens to be right behind their new model home they are now building. Just can't wait for the customers to ask me about my swamp going across my backyard.

Updated on 07/19/2015: Finally got my answer on 7-16-2015 about the water drainage problem in my backyard. This answer came from the office in Westchester, Ohio. They said it was not their problem. Even one of their own management personnel said I got a raw deal and would help me anyway he could. It all started from that sales rep in Walton, at the Aosta site. I was told when I first looked at the lot the drainage issue would be handled by Maronda or I would not have even considered purchasing it. Just get everything down in writing before closing, Because after that you are at their mercy. It's always about the next house after they get their money.

Dear prospective buyers of a Maronda Home, I am very dissatisfied with the way customer service handles situations. When I called in March of this year about leaking pipes over the ceilings. They told me to find a plumber and pay. This has been a problem since my house was built. They had come to fix the same problems before once plus, the house is breaking outside. It is 10 years for structure and they do not want to repair the outside of the house, nor the faulty pipelines in the bathtubs that they only "repaired" and not replaced. I pay the mortgage for a home valued half for what mortgage is for. I am paying. Please consider carefully before buying a Maronda home. They do not care about your problems, only getting their houses to sell.

I plan to buy new home at curtis farm community, Delaware Ohio. When we sign up the contract in December, they gave me the closing date 30th June. After that they sell more homes and start to build more homes, so they not tell me new closing date until May 5th, and on May 5th they email me that my closing date will 30th July. The another thing that they give me reason because of weather condition to pour foundation. But the thing is that the foundation was done by February, so why they tell me the new closing date in May? I think they tell me lie about reason, the main reason is they sell more homes and they want to finish many home together. Thus Maronda home told me lie about closing date.

I recently had a new home built and I could not be any happier. Everyone was extremely helpful, caring, and willing to answer any questions at any time. From the office, to the construction site, everything was explained fully. We had our walk through with a gentleman who went over every detail with the new home and the warranties. He found some things that, "HE," was not happy with and did not meet his standards so he put them on a punch list to be fixed by settlement time. And they were done. He cared about his work, and the work that the other people were doing, and it showed.

So naturally I was shocked when I read these reviews. I ask anyone who has read a negative review to carefully examine what the complaint is and think about it in a rational manner.

I want to start out and say I read this review before we purchased our home. One thing I will say is they are a cheaper builder but that being said it’s what we could afford. Our house turned out very well. When we had an issue the superintendent took care of the problem, the sales rep always returned or answered my calls. My advice would be that if you want a custom home then go to a custom builder, they all have problems. Yes there are spots they missed painting, and the granite is not the nicest slab I have ever seen but what do you expect for the price?

NOW PLEASE READ: We had got our pick on one of the last lots. None of the remaining ones had a great backyard but that being said one would think they could have showed us the nicest lot based on where the house would sit. A few weeks after we signed the foundation was down on the wrong location according to the print the rep showed us. Now I have to look at the neighbor’s house every time I go outside and wonder - WTF didn't we take that lot.

I was angry and voiced my concerns throughout the whole process but there was really nothing anybody could. So with that being said, the reps sell you on the house, but if a yard is important to you then don't sign a thing until you have an updated copy of the print and you can get that from the municipality. Also I should not have had to pay and extra 3k for a side entry when a rear entry was not an option.

If you have a home built by Maronda Homes Columbus in the Ohio region or surrounding areas. Make sure "Bryan **" Maronda Home Builder Project Manager and RiteRug (Michael **doing business as Flooring Distributors) are not contracted to do your flooring. That would consist of Capet install, Wall Tile, Floor Tile, Vinyl, Laminate, Hardware, Kitchen Back Splash, Fireplace, Blinds or Mosaic designs - they are rip offs. The work is unprofessional cause they pay subcontractors below market value for their work. The installers are given a limited amount of time to do the best job they can.

If your experiencing any flooring issues within your home call and request a service call. If your out of warranty it will take a month or longer to get someone out there to repair your home flooring issue because your super "Bryan **" will not pay for us to come to your home. He does sneaky business with RitRuge and RiteRug doesn't care. Bryan ** was quoted a flooring repair price on a homeowner's home of approximately $445.00 by a Senior Account Mgr at RiteRug. When a new hire gave him a lower incorrect price for the same repair of approximately $195.00 knowing that was the case he got upset at the new hire cause he was told he was operating under "shady dishonest business practices." RiteRug stood behind him cause even though they were losing money they would make more money in the long run with other contractual properties. Check you flooring with Maronda Homes.

During a wind and rain storm on Sept 26, 2014 rain water came streaming into our Maronda home through the ceiling. I contacted a Maronda representative, who opened a work order for repairs from their vendor. I advised that based on the amount of water coming in the house that I would need to place a tarpaulin on the roof to prevent serious water damage to the ceiling and the contents of the home. The representative agreed and told me that I should work with their vendor, Artistic Roofing. After several attempts to contact them and on the advice of my insurance company, I finally contacted a local company to obtain a tarpaulin.

The local company responded within an hour for an emergency service and charged me $700.00. Maronda's vendor eventually made the repairs to the roof by securing the roofing material that was not installed properly around the turtle vents at no charge to me. While I am grateful they stood behind their work, and they apparently fixed the problem, they refuse to reimburse me for the cost of the tarpaulin because it was not installed by their vendor. Had I waited for the vendor who finally returned my call (by e-mail) three days later before installing the tarpaulin, there would have been extensive water damage to the property.

We bought our first home in 2011. It was a Maronda Home in Lockbourne, Ohio. Even looking at the home should have been our first mistake. I was young and stupid and didn't bother doing my research! The home is poor quality. Particle board doors, base boards and cabinets that soak up water when you mop. We will have to replace our kitchen cabinets after only 3 years of living there. The pipes downstairs burst within our first year of living there due to their maintenance guy coming and turning a plastic piece too tight and they sent us the bill. Nope. That won't be getting paid by us, ever.

They apparently had a top soil company come out before they started building the homes and sold them the rights to the top layers of soil. What is left has 0 nutrients (it was tested) and can barely grow if you don't like putting tons of chemicals all over your lawn then you'll just have brown patchy land with weeds throughout.

Maronda likes to give financing to anyone with a pulse, so you'll end up with foreclosures all over your neighborhood and the type of neighbors that drive your property values down. Good luck. Maronda lied to us about the school district. Our zip code is Lockbourne and it should be Hamilton Township's Columbus Schools. It should be considered borderline child abuse to send a child to Columbus City either you want to have a stupid child or you need to be able to afford private school. The "community pond" that was promised is now a filled in waste water collection pit. I love that view of tires and trash from my upstairs. It's glorious. Don't make the same mistake thousands of others did. Run away from Maronda homes as fast as you can. It's nothing but a junk, quick construction house.

Floors creak, house unlevel, concrete sidewalks flaking off. Latest thing ceiling in garage is falling down butted joists together. Would never buy another home from them again.

We closed on our house in March 2006. Over the past few years the exterior walls have started to show severe mold and last year I sent a letter to Maronda, asking for someone to come out and take a look. I attached pictures. They answered that the exterior was not covered under any kind of warranty. This past week I sent another letter stating the following, again documenting everything with pictures attached:

1. The floor in front of the rear sliding door is warped and is pushing the floor up. This section of flooring, including the sub floor, has to be replaced. In addition, as a result of the above, the bottom section of the entire door frame has been pushed up. An investigation showed that there is absolutely no seal or any kind of barrier installed underneath the door frame. This allowed water to enter through the underside of the door frame, in to the kitchen, rotting and destroying the sub floor. As an emergency resolve I have applied some expanding foam to the underside of the door to prevent further damage. At this time there is no firm evidence of other damage to the area below the sub floor. However, only removing and replacing the damaged floor area will reveal the whole picture.

2. During heavy rains water has come through the exterior front wall near the main front door and created quite a large crack in the wall. I suspected the water coming in either via the area around the front exterior door light or from above the door frame. I have tried and temporarily sealed the area with Silicon to prevent further damage. However, the crack is obviously there and needs to be repaired, and the true reason for the water ingress needs to be determined and fixed.

3. When trying to install new flooring in the foyer and kitchen the contractors, hired for quotations, all pointed out the large dip along the hall way floor. From the left side of the foyer to the bathroom wall the floor falls by more than 1 inch, a direct result of a wall installed over unsupported flooring. With floor beams on 24” center this is less than adequate support. The exterior door is also difficult to close because the door frame is no longer square. Most likely this is another result of the floor drooping but only a more detailed study will be able to determine this.

Maronda's exact response was :"Maronda gives you a one year warranty and you closed on March 17, 2006. This is homeowner maintenance issues". Maintenance issues? All of the above items are the direct result of inferior and shoddy workmanship. The contractors they hire are, of course, the cheapest of the cheap and the homeowners pay the price for as long as they own a Maronda home. I am prepared to hire an attorney and get my issues resolved.

BTW, one of the contractors I hired for the floor replacement used to work for Maronda and he told me about some of the shortcuts they were told to take. He stated that he would be more than happy to go to court with me. Does anyone know of pending lawsuits against Maronda?

We live in Liberty Township, Ohio and selected the Pierce model with Maronda last year in August 2013. From the start of the process, we made it clear to Maronda that we wanted all of the features of the home except for the library of congress. We upgraded the home and made all of our selections and were so excited to begin the building process with Maronda.

Once the building process started, we noticed some issues. The foundation walls were poured, but the basement floor was not poured until 3 months later, we thought that was odd but continued the project. After the walls were built, we noticed the floor plan did match what we ordered. The entry room layout was missing a door, the kitchen layout for our double ovens was wrong, and the door from the garage into the house was put in the wrong place. We called out these items to Maronda, only to get more promises that they would fix the issues.

Once the drywall was complete, we noticed there were over 57 major issues that were on the list. We met with Maronda and they assured us they would fix the issues. On several occasions, the foreman was very nasty and told us that he wasn't making anymore fixes and that he would sell the house to someone else. The staff on site were cheap laborers who looked like they were hand picked from the local jail. The poor quality was evident throughout the house.

About a week before closing, the next door neighbor noticed that when they press their garage door opener, it opened our garage door. We had ordered special garage doors with the house; instead of installing new garage doors, Maronda brought the garage doors over from the 2 year old model and installed them on our home.

After pressing the issue that the yard needed to be in before closing, Maronda finally agreed to put the yard in and we started watering the grass. Water began to seep into the basement on 3 of the floor major walls including the electrical panel. The insulation on all 4 walls was dripping wet and began to pull away from the walls. This was identified as a major issue that would need to be resolved before the home inspection. We delayed the closing and Maronda assured us they would fix it. Well unfortunately, they did not fix the leaking house.

We would like to put a warning out to anyone who is considering the home in Meadow Breeze in Liberty Township, it has major issues and Maronda did not fix them. We were forced to end the contract due to Maronda's inability to fix all of the problems with the house. We will never work with this builder again. They are unprofessional, use the poorest quality products and they treat their customers like dirt.

We have plenty of pictures to prove the poor quality and terrible experience we had with Maronda and am attaching a few. Our home inspector advised us getting out of the contract and not purchasing the home was the best decision we ever made. We hope this writeup helps anyone who is considering ever building a Maronda home, our advice is do not ever use this builder. All of the negative reviews are true. Fortunately we could walk away after 9 months and find a new quality home in the same area. We would have been stuck with a poor quality home and a builder who does not support their product.

Below is the estimate and findings from Stone Center Inc in Lakeland. Enclosed are some pictures as well. For $3,000 I expected a professional job and did not receive it. I would like to give Maronda's fabricator the change to replace the L shaped piece and the piece left of the stove to match. If the lot # matches then the island would not need to be replaced. If Maronda does not want to re-install the granite, then I would accept $3,000 reduced from the purchase price and will pay the $500 difference to have the job redone through Stone Center. This has been the advice from the VA inspector since I filed a defect report of workmanship through the VA which is code 12A. I will accept either the repair or the deduction from the price. This will be Maronda's choice.

Stone Center Inc. is a stone fabrication facility located in Lakeland Florida specializing in the fabrication and installation of various natural stone products such as counter tops, vanities, fireplaces for residential use as well as commercial projects. We have been in this business for the past 28 years. I personally am the Project Manager for the company with responsibility of overseeing all operations of the fabrication portion of our business. I have been in the stone business since 1988 and a member of the Marble Institute of America.

Natural stone (granite, marble, travertine etc...) can have different interpretations of proper methods of fabrication and installation. The MIA's objective is to offer industry standard's to protect both consumers and contractors. Typically, after a kitchen is measured, a slab layout is done to ensure proper fit, locate seams if necessary, and exclude any natural characteristics that, although are quite normal in a slab of granite, may not be within the original sample shown to a customer. This is the opportunity for the fabricator to communicate any issues with the homeowner or builder. The main area of concern of this particular kitchen is the "L" shaped corner counter top. The overall dimensions of the "L" shape is 61" x 96". With an average granite slab dimension of 72" x 117" in our industry, there was no need for a seam in this counter top.

There are a few practical reasons why this area was seamed, 1) to reduce the weight of the granite and reduce the quantity of installers needed or 2) an incorrect slab size was ordered and a seam was added to prevent utilizing a second slab. Beyond the seam issue, the grain (vein direction) at the seam changes direction 90 degrees created a very unsightly and improperly fabricated counter top. All three of the above were preventable yet were intended as cost savings to the fabricator without any consideration or knowledge of the homeowner. Here are a few other issues throughout the project:

1. Standard slab thicknesses in our industry are 3/4" or 1 1/4". The granite installed in 1" thickness, beyond the standard slab tolerances of +/- 1/16". My assumption is that the slabs were heavily discounted to the fabricator as they are not the standard thickness or the thickness the customers had anticipated receiving. 2. Pattern discoloration on the island that could have been avoided if two slabs were utilized. 3. The inside of the sink cutouts in the bathroom vanities are dull and not polished to the highest grit.

Our price to template, fabricate and install 1 1/4" Santa Cecelia granite counter tops with a 1/2 bull nose edge detail, back splashes and center island with an under mount sink cutout amounts to $3,420.00 and includes removal of the existing granite. To exclude the island from above, the price would be $2,935.00. The issue with this option would be to find an exact "lot" match of the Santa Cecelia slabs. We currently have 14 variations of this material at our facility. It will be the responsibility of the homeowner to select the slab to be used. Even from an experienced fabricator this endeavor will be very challenging as the two counter tops are very close to each other and any difference will be most noticeable in a home. If a matching slab can be located, purchased and delivered to Stone Center (at no cost to Stone Center), we will submit a revised proposal upon request.

I purchased my property in 2008 to Maronda Home. When we met with Maronda representative for inspection, we found some holes on the driveway. They fixed the holes but two month after we moved in, we call Maronda because all driveway and sidewalk are dusting and disintegrating. After many call, they put some liquid on but did not work. Now we have problems with HOA because they want me to clean the driveway and sidewalk but is impossible. It would create more problem.

Well folks I have read most of your reviews. Considering they built a few hundred thousand homes during the time 108 complaints is not bad. I sold new build homes for 15 years working for 5 or more builders including Maronda. I actually owned a Maronda and so did a few of my family members. Many of the things said here are true. They do use the cheapest materials. No different than you would be able to buy good, better or best at Home Depot. Their service is poor in all markets because when you're selling a home at a 30% discount in the market something has to give. Most of the problems that occur are because of this fact. You get what you pay for.

Working there I was able to control the build. I went in and screwed down the sub-flooring before my floors were put down. I bought the BEST grade of carpet and the ceramic tile. When I moved in I changed the fixtures and threw away the plastic ones they provided. Overall I got a 2400 sq ft home at the price of a 1500 sq ft home from any other builder. Problems do occur and depending on who you deal with will depend on if they get fixed. The people working there are most of the time working in a hornet's nest. Doing 2 and 3 people's jobs with no support from upper management, I was involved in a class action suit in 2007.

I sold out an entire subdivision of homes that the basements filled up with water every time it rained. That's when I left to work for someone else. The people won after 2 years and got their basements fixed. The problem was a decision to not use gravel in the back fill to save a few hundred dollars a home. The guy that made the decision was stupid and eventually fired. If you want to buy a new home you are stupid. It's like buying a car. Buy one a few years old. Buying new you will lose 10% as soon as you move in. You know nothing about what is going to happen in a new subdivision because it's just that new.

Salesmen ALL lie. That is the most important thing to remember. If you think that smiling guy/girl in front of you has your best interest in mind just remember they only get paid if you buy. That is the bottom line. For you 100 or more people that have had a horrible experience I can only tell you I use to sit in my model while grown men and women broke down and cried. It was sad. Many times I almost lost my mind and many times I gave up my commission to pay for upgrades and to fix things. Did I ever lie? Let's just say I didn't tell the whole truth.

The Wolf family are good people and have thousands of employees that they have no control over. The company turns people like a revolving door. I would recommend Maronda to anyone who is willing to do one simple thing. Don't build new and get an inspection before you close. Buy a spec and make them an offer. They will discount another 10% at least and with an inspection you will know what you are walking into. Remember if you build 20,000 homes a year you will have homes that are built great and some that are **. Protect yourself no matter who the builder is. Last run a credit check on any builder you are building with or buying from. Many of these companies are ten feet from bankruptcy. Good Luck.

House looks beautiful on the paper and on first look. We were almost ready to buy the house. There was a lot of pressure to close the deal before month end on this model home. Fortunately we were given the opportunity to get the inspection done on the house. That was also because there is only one sales person serving a large area, and Maronda wanted to save time for that agent.

Sufficient number of small issues were found on inspection. However, what was the biggest issue for us was the water covered basement walls. I am unhappy because I believe that Maronda Homes knew about the problem but decided to cover the water problem with lot of insulation. Ran water for about an hour in the new home and the water started to leak into the basement.

They use and warehouse the cheapest materials available. The installations are performed by "less than qualified craftsman (I think they use a criminal release program?)" Planning! On WHAT?! The absolute cheapest materials used for plumbing, electrical structure, etc etc etc.. Grading makes the yard a mess after EVERY rain.. My neighbors water line was 8 feet deep!! Yep, quality craftsman once again..

THESE PEOPLE USE CHEAP INSTALLERS WHEN CRAFTSMAN ARE REQUIRED.. WANNA BUY A MARONDA HOME?.. Please BUY MINE.. IT IS TOTAL CRAP.. I AM SUING NOW AND HOPE THEY ARE REQUIRED BY THE COURT TO BUY THIS POS BACK FROM ME... CRAP CRAP CRAP STAY AWAY--FAR AWAY! Cabinets are falling apart, no room for appliances REALLY!!! They must come out and bastardize their own structure in order to fit washer/dryers refrigerators. The simplest of design issues and they can't even get that right.. Missing electrical switches in places required by code.. Fireplace outlet not even powered!!

They are not worth the paper to wipe with.. Please RUN AWAY from these people. I have not had a week where I could relax in my new Maronda POS without having another failure of some kind that demanded my attention.. You will never relax. The home will NOT get you through ANY phase of your life. The countertops need immediate replacement, the floors are total cheap junk, carpets I can't find any cheaper anywhere.. shower and tub enclosures are damaged upon installation and you will have to live with days on end waiting for repairs that never fix the problem.

Your a/c and/or burner WILL self destruct due to this cheap install - call an A/c company and have them evaluate the system.. Junk CHEAP LIES AND DO NOT BUY-- it is pure junk! It is delivered on a flatbed with each pre assembled wall marked "left master bedroom wall" etc. It's crappy erector set RUN AWAY as fast as you can. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED - IF YOU BUY YOU HAVE ONLY YOU TO BLAME!!

Maronda Homes Company Profile