1.5/5 (135 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Maronda Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

My furnace has not worked for 6 days. The initial installer came once, the warranty company wade, came twice. Still doesn't work. It is Thanksgiving, my house is going below 50. I have hardwood, that could warp, carpets that could buckle, pipes to worry about. Wade who is their warranty company was told by a Maronda manager not to come to my house again. If I hire another company and they change a part it voids your warranty. They are hoping this will happen, and I may have no other option.

Benson Construction, also installed a furnace that is too low btu for the house. I found out it's a fake construction company. I believe he works for maronda and probably never pulled permits. So it will not work efficiently. I found out this a a very common practice with builders to void warranties. This is in the Hunters Preserve in Pittsburgh. This is considered fraud, and I will hire an attorney, and also report them to Josh Shapiro who is the attorney general in pa and handles builders who are unethical.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Walked into Maronda Homes Lehigh Acres office on Oct 14, 2020 with my wife and I, to purchase a home (model Ashton). Met with the agent and discussed options. We made our choices. Left a deposit and was told that the contract would be electronically (Docusign) and we would get an email. We had to do the contract three times. The first one did not include my wife's name. The second one had the wrong options, not my picks... After signing the second contract we thought we were good. But as time passed without any word from the builder or the bank. I reached out to the bank to see what the delay is being 3 months have passed. They told me that they were still waiting on Maronda to send the contract over. Now we are in Dec. and we signed again for the third time... (Should have run away right then.)

Basically took a year for them to break ground. Before then during the course of that year, I was asked over 5 times that if I am going through a hardship that Maronda would give me my money back. My reply was that I did not sign a contract, leave a deposit just to wait for nothing except to get my money back that I signed because I wanted to purchase the home that I saw... Started the build in Jan 14, 2022... They only work one day per month. June 28, 2022 The shell of the home is up. But all work has come to a complete stop. Roof walls and a floor that is it... I have tried to contact the agent at Lehigh Acres office Denia ** but she refuses to pick up any of my calls, emails, text or voice mails. I have also reached out to the area manager and project manager just to be ignored by everyone... I have no way of contacting them...

They are using DECEPTIVE practices to swindle and scam people out of their hard earn dollars. I feel that now that the prices of homes have increased by 100,000.00 since 2020 that Maronda homes will use every deceptive practices it has in its arsenal against me. First thing they refuse all my calls, took my $11.040.00 and I cannot even speak to anyone at their office, because they choose to ignore all my attempts of communication... TODAY OCT 19, 2022 still being IGNORED...YESTERDAY I LET THE PHONE RING AT THE MARONDA HOMES LEHIGH ACRES OFFICE FROM 1:00 to 5 pm when Denia ** gets off.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Save yourself some stress, time and money. If I could give a negative star I would. Signed contract March 2021 for a property in Liberty Township, OH. Was told property would be ready in December 2021. What they are not up front about is the 2 years they can take to build this property. Sold Georgia home in May 2021 and moved to Ohio. Rented a one bedroom apartment signing a 6 month lease. Left a 4 bedroom house full of furniture in storage in Georgia. This furniture is still there as I write this review. Was told by Ms. ** the existing raggedy properties located next to new subdivision was bought by Maronda Homes. We were told those properties would be torn down. We found out during our construction meeting this was a lie. We were told also by Ms. ** our property was first to be built since we were first to purchase. This proved to be a lie as a property across from us was being worked on first.

We ran into the lady buying that property and she voiced her concerns and later bailed out because of the lies and slow process. We watched as the price of that home shot up. Ms. ** informed us by email that she was leaving the company. Construction on our property started September 2021. We would visit the site to check on the process and it would be a month or longer without anyone working. Drywall was suppose to start in March 2022 but didn't start until June 2022. Went by the property and the laundry room sink and a shower was left outside in the elements. It took 2 months before outside bricks arrived and installed. We would run into the site supervisor and inquire about the building process. We were met with lies and excuses. The countless excuses included Covid, shortages of supplies and one time we were told the construction crew quit. We really tried to be understanding of Covid and Shortages.

It is now starting to appear that Maronda was wanting us to bail out so they can sale this property for more money. We had to make the hard decision to walk away because we still don't have a completion date. Jill ** told us they would let us out of the contract as if they are doing us a favor but refuse to give back the deposit. Nevertheless, they don't care we are displaced and losing money paying for storage and apartment rental that keeps increases. They absolutely don't care how stressful this process has been. In the meantime new subdivisions across the street were booming. We were on our 5th completion date as we watch other homes in this subdivision reach near completion. The model home is being built and near completion which is pointless now because all of the lots are sold.

While visiting the home we noticed a small microwave, bottles and garbage left behind inside the property. Windows left open after countless rain storms as it rained inside on the drywall and sub floors. As of September 2022 the property looks 60 percent complete. The basement drywall had to be torn out, it was missing fireproofing. We ordered a Samsung refrigerator because we were told that was the brand of appliances going inside. We noticed cheap GE appliances inside the property with a regular range stove. We ordered a cook top to be placed in the kitchen but that was suddenly not in the building plains. I am saying all of this to say...RUN!

Resolution response: Aug. 25, 2022

Maronda Homes stood up and took responsibility for the action of their vendors. My issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. I am happy that they took care of the situation. They gave me the money for the damages and were sure to clean up the mess the people they hired left behind. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Maronda started building a home across the street from my home. First, the people clearing the land knocked over and broke my kid's brand new basketball hoop that I purchased for them in January. I tried for months to ask who the project manager was and who I could talk to about this situation, however, I got the runaround. Most recently having them build across the street from me has been a disaster. I have children that can no longer play in front of the house because they leave their nails and mess all over the ground. My two new cars have had nails from the roof slabs in the tires. I have checked the box for the property manager's name. I have left voice mails and until I threatened on VM about coming here I did not hear from anyone.

This morning I heard from a man named Eric who was extremely rude and told me it is not Maronda it is the vendors and I should go after them. I absolutely will not. I expressed to him that all people that pull up to the home are in unmarked cars. This is not my responsibility. I am sick of having to sweep up and pick up their mess just so I can get my kids to and from school without popping any more tires.

Original review: July 27, 2022

On July 27th, 2022, I visited my brother's future home being constructed by Maronda in the community of Brightwater, outside of Fort Myers. I routinely stop by and take photographs to update my brother on the progress. He and his wife are excited to see any and all updates. I was rudely attacked by an employee of Maronda, telling me that I could not take photographs of the home, and ordered me to vacate the property. I identified myself, and attempted to explain that my brother lives out of state, and requests that I keep him in the loop on the completion process. I live nearby. He ignored me and insisted that I leave, and again ordered me not to take any photographs. I have never been so rudely treated by any individual in my life, and I retired from the Prison system, after 30 years on the job.

I complied with his request to leave, but this experience confirmed my decision to never consider purchasing a Maronda home. The quality is mediocre at best, and being treated like a convict is not appropriate when spending approximately $400K on a home. Are they so ashamed of their product, that they forbid you to see the construction in progress??? I guess so. Needless to say, I refuse to be treated like a second class citizen, and will tell all of my family and friends to avoid this builder at all costs. The fact that they forbid taking pictures theoretically tells me that they are possibly hiding construction flaws. They should be sending my brother pictures and routine updates, but they have not kept him updated as promised. I am his only lifeline in this process. Again, my brother wants to know what he is getting for his $400K. Thanks!!!

Original review: July 11, 2022

Maronda Homes are jokes. We brought one of their homes about 9 months ago. We have tried having the warranty office come out and do repairs but nothing is done. They never get a hold of you. The one time they came out. The guy told us that he has to order the parts but never return. The AC is not working and the kitchen cabinets are cheap. I could go on and on. But I want to talk my AC that is not working and they refusing to fix it.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Maronda Homes Orlando division, Solterra Springs in Davenport. STEPHANIE ** and Ted **. Avoid at all costs. Stephanie ** is the worst agent I have encountered included 7 states. Stephanie and Maronda will fill your heads will fallacies of the truth to get you to sign a contract and then come up with numerous excuses in the process of subverting the truth. Stephanie has been less than truthful, in my opinion, about the progress of our home and seems to thrive on what I believe to be racial bias and an approach of less than adequate communication skills unless it is positive. I purchased my home in October of 2021, and Stephanie said, "Don't worry your home will be ready easily in under 6 months, we build them fast, don't worry." About 2 years in the contract they just put that there because of lawyers. 4 other properties in a different phase and sold after my property is near completion.

Mine is still waiting to even have the tile roof installed. I am a cash buyer and was told by a former construction manager there that Stephanie will lie to you because she gets a bonus and kickback for those who finance vs. cash buyers. Ted ** (I believe) called me and was rude, belligerent, and answered no questions of mine, you can tell the moment he calls or gets involved he is a person in my opinion that has to win at all costs, he does not listen to what you're saying and has an answer before you even finish. An ability to listen to a concerned home buyer is not one of his strong abilities in my opinion as his verbal communication skills are that of a bully and condescending in my opinion.

I personally like the floor plans and they have a gentleman named Cory who is a supervisor who actually will listen and emphasize and be honest with you. As you can tell it seems that skill from my review is hit and miss, do you want to trust your $400k + new home to a gamble between Stephanie ** and Maronda or a needle in a haystack good customer service person like Cory? I'll leave that up to you...

Original review: May 17, 2022

I wish I could write a good review but I can not. Maronda Homes are jokes. We brought one of their homes about 8 months ago. We have tried having the warranty office come out and do repairs but nothing is done. They never get a hold of you. The one time they came out. The guy told us that nothing could be done for a lost floorboard in the upstairs room. The kitchen cabinets are cheap. The molding falls right off. I could go on and on. But I want to talk about what my son and his wife is going through with them.

They signed a contract last August. They were told in December that their file was lost and that permits were not done. Mind you the only way they found this out was because they had to call corporate because nobody was communicating from Maronda with them. Then in February they were told that the permits were being submitted. Keep in mind they had to call the corporate office multiple times to get that information. Even after they were promised weekly updates. Today was the kicker though. They went to do their pre-build meeting only to find out that the plans that were submitted did not take into account a telephone pole that would be in the middle of the garage. Now they are starting all over. I just want to let everyone run, run fast away from this company. They are jokes.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I wish I knew this ** company before I bought one of their homes. Foundation problems, cheap drywalls, cheap windows, kitchen cabinets that were up uneven, everything is cheap made. My fault, 1st time buyer so I didn’t know much about houses. This was the model home and everything looked nice.

Original review: March 25, 2022

We have been in our new Maronda home approaching 1 year now and Maronda has NOT responded to Most of our construction issues that we have found. Some of these issues were identified during the initial walkthroughs before Closing, with their promise to get them fixed. Their Warranty Department is Not responsive and general communication with the company is poor at best. We wanted a Block home and they were the only builder in our area to build these but if you want a stick home, go anywhere else, you will be happier.

Maronda Homes Company Information