2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.61/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had the pleasure of meeting with Mrs. Danielle. She was warm and immediately inviting. She truly tried to provide the best service she could and when my husband and I initially weren’t approved for the FHA Loan, she went the extra mile to refer us to American Mortgage (they were quite exceptional! So diligent). My husband and I are not able to buy at this time with Moranda homes due to our budget (we had to choose another company all together) but I have to let everyone know that if they are looking for someone to work with, it should be Mrs. Danielle **. She is as genuine as it gets and extremely determined.

As for the original “in-home” lender we used with (FBC MORTGAGE) we had an agent by the name of Todd ** who wasn’t pleasant whatsoever, he didn’t care how he delivered the message I guess because In his eyes “business is business”, or probably just prejudice. I have never actually experienced that kind of blunt experience before having lived in Georgia most of life. Maybe it’s the way of Some Ohioans? Openly, prejudice? He should probably have a full review of all accounts he has ever handled. I do not wish to offend anyone, but I believe we should all have an honest discussion of the real life experiences we encounter.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I am currently building a home with Maronda and I could not be happier with the experience! The number of floorplans, design options, and available upgrades are amazing! I could not have gotten a better deal, and the quality of the product is fantastic!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

We can only write about our own experience with Maronda Homes in FL. From the moment we met with Heather the sales director to the end of building our dream home in Palm Coast it was an outstanding customer service. We signed the contract on Livorno model in June 2019. It was going to take 12 months to complete the project but the house was done in 10 months. The project manager Barbara was communicating with us every 2 weeks and she was making sure everything was done to our satisfaction. We both have a very good eye for details and quality work.

Being in the real estate business for over 15 years as brokers our expectations are high. Barbara took care of everything and we had stress free 10 months during the project, They did a fantastic job! We would highly recommend Maronda Homes and in fact we are thinking about building another house with them for rental income in Palm Coast FL. This was the best experience ever. 5 stars review is an understatement. Thank you so much Heather and Barbara for everything you did for us! Szymon and Steven

Original review: June 9, 2020

Our house is within the warranty period still and the roof leaked during the heavy rain because of Cristobal on Sunday. On Monday I put in a ticket and Roger called within 2 hrs and came and looked and had a Roofing supervisor come and inspect it and found the problem. So far, the problem, was fixed but Roger was prompt and courteous. He said he will keep in touch and we will observe, he will be there to help if needed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My Maronda home was built in 2008 yet it has popcorn ceilings...why would a builder construct a home in 2008 with popcorn ceiling?! That's just lazy. The structural designs in this house makes no sense especially for the year it was built. My sister's house is 10 years older and doesn't have half of these lazy structurally flawed designs. Boils down to cheap laziness.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Contracted on a Maronda spec home in Aug 2020 to be completed Nov 2020. All looked fine until we actually moved down from Virginia Sep 2020 and wanted to visit the project on a regular basis. We were told that we cannot visit without a Maronda rep, after being told we could visit anytime we cared to. I tried to set up a visit with their rep and they were all "busy", and were told we could go with our realtor. So we did that.... And found flaw after flaw after flaw- including a wall that was totally out of square with the opposite wall which made the tile floor look ridiculous. Their excuse was that "the home is not completed yet, you should wait until the final walk thru".

There were numerous other flaws as well, including the shower glass enclosure being mounted opposite from the plans, which had the bathroom door interfering with the shower door, a sliding glass door with a bad rubber seal, exposed roof flashing, really bad finishing on the kitchen island base, cabinet doors that were all racked, HVAC return plenum opening which was way out of square, yet the plenum was forced to fit.... among many cosmetic flaws.

Met with the construction manager and were assured that all would be taken care of before the closing. They had to tear out all of the cabinets and take out all of the appliances to try and fix the wall. They failed, as after putting it all back together, it was still out of square and could be seen when looking at the tile floor. We never saw the shower glass put back in as there was so much wrong with this project that we finally decided to "fire" Maronda and go with another builder.

The list we have is long, so it is not all expressed here- just the major items. Overall, Maronda does not budge on anything and do not want show a buyer the home as it is constructed. We have the images and they are very visible and flagrant. We found out during one visit when we asked what the backsplash would look like, that "there would be no backsplash". We asked about the vent openings in the roof and the contractor could not tell us what one of them was for. The only good thing- we got our $5000 escrow deposit back in 3 weeks, which is being used to pay for 3 months of local room rental as we wait for our new home to be completed. I would stay away from Maronda, and find another builder. Their salespeople are not very transparent.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I just moved into my Maronda built home 2 weeks ago and I am find things that are not done correctly or broken and when I put in a service request all I get told is that they can’t prove that they did it or that it is not warranted. Cupboard put on incorrectly; broken cabinet; painting that was supposed to be fixed but isn’t; drawers that are falling apart and all this I am told is not warranted. Please make sure if you are building with them please scrutinize everything before and make sure it is fixed before because once you take ownership customer service goes down the drain and they don’t care.

Original review: June 4, 2020

We purchased our 2 story home in Melbourne FL in 2014. One of our front windows leaked from the beginning - Maronda came in the first year, re-caulked an expansion joint and called it a day. They told us it was our responsibility to maintain the caulking from that point on. We diligently maintained the caulking and even repainted the entire exterior, to no avail. We believe Maronda placated us with a band-aid fix and let the clock run out, so that after that first year, the problem was no longer theirs.

We are dealing with a severe leak in our front window that no amount of maintenance will resolve, clearly not a maintenance issue. Impossible to reach Maronda by phone; emails are answered with short, one-sentence replies that simply pass the buck. Maronda dealt with us in an unethical manner. Our next home will not be built by Maronda. Furthermore, we will be joining the class-action lawsuit that is being formed against them, after initially deciding against it. Bottom line: While problems can arise with any new construction, it is how the builder responds that makes all the difference. Do your research before choosing Maronda Homes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

In 2016 we purchased our dream home, but in late May it turned into a nightmare! In May 2017, my family and I started experiencing different health problems. After going to the ER and multiple doctors and not coming up with anything rational, we decided to do an air-quality test in our new home. These tests are very expensive. They range between $500 to $1000 each test and it takes about 2 1/2 weeks for any results to come in. At the end of the first air-quality test, the home showed severe and high levels of volatile organic compounds known as VOC's which are chemicals in the air that when mixed together and high volumes can deteriorate your health, and can be Cancerous if exposed for a long period of time. My children and I experienced multiple symptoms these included:

Severe headaches and throbbing
      Dizziness
      Confused. Hard to concentrate
      Body shakes
      Feeling of faint and vertigo
      Lack of appetite
      Low energy and fatigue
      Radioactive feeling through the body
      Insomnia
      Body heat in core of the body, fevers
      Body aches and soreness
      Diarrhea for 7 months
      Anxiety and tight chest
      Night sweats, tingly feeling
      Feeling sad all the time, angry and scared
      Ear pain, ear popping
      Tight throat & swelling like breathing in fire
      Sweaty feet and nervousness
      Blurry vision

Kidney or liver pain

We've also gone as far as to buy filters that neutralize the air in hopes that they can get rid of some of the VOC's in the air. Each filter costs $99 plus the scrubbers. We are installing an attic ventilation system to help Off-gas these chemicals through the roof that's another $300. We purchased the $600 shed to put any paints and detergents. We paid for an air-quality test that does five point test which cost $300, and it showed that 66% of the fumes were gasoline based, and that it was at a severe quantity. Not to mention paying out-of-pocket for both ER visits and doctor visits and lab work.

As a builder it should be their main responsibility to make sure that their clients are very satisfied with their new home purchase. Maronda Homes never showed any interest in helping us resolve the issue, and the only response we received was to fill out a form for a six-month inspection. **As a result of this experience we sold the home and left to a new town but the reason for writing this is so that no one every goes through what we went through. It has taken us 3 years to feel better after developing chemicals sensitivities to everything. Please do your research first.**

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We bought the Maronda home in 2005, spent $25,000 to fix the quack exterior wall, 2 story house. Most of 2 story home in the whole community has the same problem, cheap material and do not responsible for any repair, this talk about couple year after move in, and the value of the house still the same as 14 year ago, Maronda Homes Suck!!!

Maronda Homes Company Information