Maronda Homes

Compare Home Builders and Developers

Research top Home Builders and Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

After 13/14 build years, the home is a piece of trash. Granted, we bought the house when it was 3 years old. Maronda built this house with walls that are not even squared off properly. Ok, I can live with that. The turn off valves under the sinks were cheap, plastic push/pull valves that we completely went through and replaced. The master bathroom's garden tub interior has started to peel away in layers, and now needs to be replaced. We have even been able to deal with the fact that this company does not know how to properly grade land before building (in a non-flood zone!!!), and our back porch yard becomes a marsh each time it rains.

However, the straw that has finally broken the camel's back is that we have learned that the air handler they installed was/is too small for the house. If you're unfamiliar with this, be glad. The air handler is located on the second floor in a little closet. This closet has been treated with UV lights, chemicals, etc, and yet, it is still a cesspool of mold, which is now blowing through every AC vent. If you want to bleach walls, AC vents, and even your light socket outlets, this is the company for you. They build cheaply. Settle for their work, and you will regret it. Basically, you're going to be buying a very poorly constructed home that will require at least another $50k-$100K to make livable. Please, consider a well-respected builder instead of this company.

Classic bait-and-switch with drastically overpriced options. Much lower base price than custom builders in the same subdivision but then add-on for every simple option to make house anywhere comparable to other buildings in neighborhood. Brochure said that the tile roof was clearly included in the price. Then when pricing the house, Maronda Homes added $30,000 for the tile roof. Seriously? First it was included in the price and then it added $30,000 to price? That is a pretty drastic bait-and-switch on options stated as included. DO NOT TRUST THIS BUILDER as you can see from this review and every other you read!!!

My husband and I signed a contract for a 4/3/3 with many upgrades. Once the building started we found several errors, when we reported them that is when everything changed. The sales guy and the supervisor of the project did not communicate well and they super never received our changes and the house was built to the old plans. We of our wanted it changed, everyone bitched a fit but agreed to make those changes to what we had ordered. We were told that we could not change anything structurally but inside the house, we could customize - so we wanted square sinks in all the bathrooms vs the oval ones and was willing to me for them.

Maronda refused to authorize a small change such as sinks. We called and spoke to the sales manager and his solution was to downgrade, get a credit at closing and replace it all once we moved in (are you kidding me). Who buys a brand new house and then rips up all the countertops to replace it with square sinks. Our option was for less than 50 dollars. Maronda could put in the square sinks and still make a 7000 dollar profit (Duh that isn't hard to see that our way was better). Oh did I mention the sales manager said the ** word to me. So I spoke with the Assistant District Manager and he was worse - he was arrogant and had a major power trip going on. So we wrote to the president after they cancelled our contract on us (mind you we have been packing up our house, our house was on the market, and we started ordering furniture for our new place).

Maronda lost a 300,000 dollar contract over 50 dollar sinks - not sure what kind of business they run. Money is money and if my customer wants square sinks and good quality work I am going to give that but instead they lost it all by stated they mutually cancelled our contract - there was nothing mutual about that cancellation. Now we are back to square one. Do not go with Maronda even if your life depended on it. So unhappy and sad awaiting for our check from Maronda to arrive in the mail so we can start all over again with a company that will treat us right and give us a good quality home.

Beyond impressed!!! Reading these reviews I was a bit worried, but I'm here to say these people don't want you to know the secret of Maronda Homes. I highly recommend them and there is no other builder I would want to build from. Sooo glad they are in the Cincinnati area or maybe I wouldn't have moved here. One and a half weeks into living in my new home, I'm giving Maronda 5 stars despite a few bits of stress of building because in the end, the house itself is a dream. It's exactly what I wanted and more.

The floor plan amazes me every day in its utility as well as beauty - part of it is due to my choice of floor plan and options, but Maronda deserves the credit for creating such a clever floor plan and options. After scouring home builders in the Cincinnati area for floor plans, Maronda is the only builder with the one plan that met my needs (no others do) - and this one goes beyond. It is genius, I could not imagine up a better one, and executed to near-perfection. This floor plan has everything I need, and nothing I don't e.g. no wasted spaces of multiple dining room/living room (although if that's your thing, you can have it. Other builders don't have the option to change it). Maronda is a better value than all other builders in the area, but since we signed the contract, they have raised the price of my floor plan by $25,000 (lucky us). For some reason they don't offer every floor plan in every neighborhood, and discontinue them after a while.

Some of the people we worked with were a pleasure, such as the personable and warm young construction manager who worked closely with us and provided prompt responses to inquiries whether by email or cell phone - he should be on HGTV!! Has the personality and looks. We felt taken care of with him, and give him 10 out of 10 satisfaction rating. Even if it wasn't in his purview, he would tell us who to contact. I'm guessing this is because he just started this position, and still full of excitement. The construction workers were swift and hard-working as well. The house appears to be constructed solidly. We were allowed to look at it every step of the way and can verify it was built well.

Others were average, e.g. the salesman needed extra nudging for communication, and assumed various options for us until prompted, which I presume came from seeing so many buyers over the years who want the same options (e.g. assuming we wanted a wood stair railing upgrade 1 instead of half wall non-upgrade, or iron upgrade 2). Still, not a bad guy.

We didn't get a buyer's agent. Experts recommend a buyer's agent, but I didn't want yet another middle man I had to track down to talk to Maronda. IMO the more links of people, the more delays in communication. Plus, with the great value Maronda delivered to us, I did not want to squeeze their bottom line even more by having to give a few thousand to a buyer's agent (who in new construction where I found the floor plan and picked options, and neighborhood, does little work).

Some other Maronda reps we didn't work with much, but showed up at the very end and were snippy when the closing was delayed. I suspect it is because their profit with us wasn't as big as if we signed the contract 6 months later - the price of this beautiful massive floor plan (3,000 sq feet) is now $25,000 higher. But we weren't the reason for the majority of the delay.

We signed the contract in June 2016, construction started Sept 2016 after our request for the mirror image floor plan did not go through. We were not communicated why, even though the mirror image makes more sense due to our corner lot (we wanted the driveway away from the corner, away from the fire hydrant) - at any rate it turns out, I'm happier with the configuration and it feels better from a feng shui perspective. The house was supposed to be completed January 2017, but it was not completed until April 2017. I expected a longer delay because houses are complex and there are always weather/inspection delays/unexpected issues. So I was not upset whatsoever in that regard, but just letting you know the closing date may be later than you initially think.

The closing date was scheduled for mid-April 2017, but we were not aware of this until the construction manager (favorite guy we worked with at Maronda) told us during the walk-thru. The closing specialist did not find it strange nor did not call the phone number listed, nor did she contact the sales rep when we did not respond for 2 months to an email sent to an erroneous email address (initially our fault - my husband misspelled my email address on one of the docs, I notified the salesman to fix, tried to get that email address but it was taken, even emailed the email address to forward any house stuff to me to no response, all to no avail). So the closing specialist seemed a bit lazy in not following up, try to contact us with alternate ways or contact the salesman or loan officer, who were both in contact with us via email.

Back to the floor plan I picked, which was designed by Maronda. Its plans are open and beautiful, simply outstanding. The floor plan fits my every need and beyond, with no wasted space. For example I detest multiple dining rooms - i.e. an eat-in kitchen or morning room, AND a dining room. I don't have thousands of extra dollars to be buying multiple dining room sets to be unused and a display case for never used dishes. I also dislike multiple living rooms on the same floor. Who is going to sit here for a bit, then sit there for a bit... and need to buy an extra sectional/sofa set? I also dislike staircases at the front door - seems squished and like you are gonna tumble out the front door, or it blocks the front door. I prefer 2nd floor master bedrooms because I prefer to be elevated and don't like to be on the same level as someone walking on the street.

We prefer a separate tub from shower because it's our first house and like showers for daily living, and a bath for relaxation ;). I also prefer a master bedroom far away from the staircase - tucked in the back for privacy - so not everyone has to walk past it to get to their room. It feels safe and secure. And on the other hand any kids don't get used to no one by their door i.e. if the master bedroom was right at the stairs and the kids room are in the back, they would get more privacy instead of the master bedroom.

I need an office because I work from home - but wanted it on the first floor so I can work when others are asleep. I didn't want to make a bedroom or dining room an office, because I want french doors and a large double window on the first floor, with walls for privacy but French doors for openness. Believe it or not, most floor plans have extra dining rooms, living rooms, or both, no walled office, and a staircase that crowds the entrance of the house.

My parents were all about feng shui and insisted the master bedroom was not situated over the garage (most Ryan homes do this). I also wanted an UNfinished basement because I need storage space over space I need to furnish. The Newbury by Maronda fits every last requirement, and more. It is the PERFECT design, and does not jack up the price needlessly by requiring hardwood floors or decorative beams. The house looks good enough as is.

In addition to all the above, the house has a super sunny sun room/dining room, huge island with seating for 4 and bar counter with seating for 3, walk in pantry, upstairs loft (like a living room, but has a closet for storage!) for video games, gigantic master bedroom (25 feet x 16 feet I think) with sitting area, huge closet, tiled shower which is separate from the tiled tub. A huge laundry room too on the 2nd floor (convenient!) with window.

For the basics, which also are above and beyond - Maronda's execution is immaculate. There is a great room on the first floor, a spacious upstairs laundry room, 3 additional upstairs bedrooms, one which we took the Loft option for a 2nd living room, but upstairs, for playing video games right before bed (can shut down 1st floor, no need to climb stairs right before bed).

There is an upstairs bath with 2 sinks (masterbath has 2 sinks also), and a garage entry closet. The 1300 square foot unfinished basement came with a surprise 16 foot x 9 foot cave area excavated due to sunroom, which is perfect to make a climbing wall with three sides. I prefer unfinished to finished basements for the storage options instead of requirement to furnish, and carpets in basements always collect a musty smell.

Further, I already have a ton of living space above ground, and need storage space and exercise space. Lastly, it bugs me when the MLS lists the basement space as part of the square footage because it gives an erroneous idea of how big the house is, when between a house with a finished basement, and a house with an unfinished basement (2 equal sized houses, 1 finished basement, 1 unfinished... people think the finished basement house is bigger/bigger house with unfinished basement may sound like the same size as a smaller house with finished basement, but zero storage space).

Now for the BEYOND my requirements part - great options, but not wasted space options (a living room/dining room would not be "beyond", it would be a drag). There was an option to make a 1st floor guest suite with adjoining full bath for older guests who don't want to climb stairs, and for separation from the guests (and opposite corner from office) - like a guest house in the same house! This created a large walk in pantry and hall closet. And the most amazing frivolous room... a secret hidden vaulted yoga room behind the master bathroom. It has windows on 3 sides, and can be used as a nursery. Maronda makes high ceilings and spacious hallways without additional fees. I can see over my neighbors' houses and see the gazebo from the master bedroom.

Don't be shy at the walk-thru to point out things to fix. They will do it, and quickly also! As for the financing, we went with the bank they work with, and they were pretty easy to work with, and got us the best deal including seller's incentives. Someone there made about 3-4 mistakes that either I caught, or someone in their office caught.

The sod, seed & straw, mulch, plants came in yesterday/today - Maronda kept their promise. The sub-contractors said Maronda is great to work with. You get a lot for the money. It is the perfect house with a ton of space, yet no wasted rooms to furnish. Truly a dream. My only fear is that I will never be able to move out of this house into another house, because this house is perfect. Outstanding!

I was not in a hurry and was told up front that the build time would be lengthy. I contracted in December 2015 and the house was completed and closed 10/2016. I have been in the house for 6 months now and I can tell you everything was way better than anticipated. This is my 5th house in central FL. First house was a Condo - Resale home, first out of college. Second house was New, Centex house 1988 when I got married. House was good with some minor problems that I repaired myself. Third house was custom home in Dr. Philips. I stayed here 20 years and frankly the workmanship was horrible. I rebuilt the whole house over this time period and Made it awesome.

4th house was after a divorce, Centex home, townhouse in Apopka. Construction was good, NO issues that I could not handle. It was new and I did some custom work to it and upgrades. Lennox AC unit quit out of house warranty but covered by Lennox warranty and a class action lawsuit that I have not yet been paid on, that's pending. No real complaints and loved the place for what it was. 5th house is the Maronda one and I love it.

I am familiar with Maronda, back in the day my now ex-wife worked there in the mortgage division. They were known for building low-cost starter homes which they still do today. That was over 20 years ago. Frankly I never thought I would live in one as they would not be something I would be interested in. Well fast forward and they had the perfect floorplan in the perfect neighborhood for me. We have half to full acre heavily wooded lots in a country setting. I got the smallest floorplan they offered as its just me and my dog. The build time was slow but that was disclosed up front. I inspected every build phase and frankly I was very surprised with the quality of the components and work done for a budget builder. Slab was reinforced with fiberglass that prevents cracking and so far NONE have shown up. Block work was very good. Windows were a very high grade, roof decking had foil backing for insulation.

I did not realize but the floor plan for this neighborhood included the bonus bathroom that made basically 2 master suites. (Got more than I thought I was getting.) During the time waiting for construction they upgraded the standard trim with price increases and upgraded my house as well. (They had no contractual obligation to do so but did it anyhow.) The tile work was excellent. Cabinets installed great and fit and finish excellent. They installed a Trane AC Unit instead of the standard Lennox. The install job was excellent and I know HVAC installation. Tech used tube bender and made nice smooth bends in tubes instead of the standard 90-degree elbows. This improves efficiency by cutting down on turbulence within the system.

My master shower had 1/2 frameless glass enclosure which is more than I thought I would get, was anticipating 1/4 aluminum frame junk. Exterior paint is an unknown manufacturer, Florida Paint. I can however say they applied it way heavier than I have seen in the past which will reduce moisture problems. Sprinkler system and water system and well are very good though.

The well should have a 1 horse pump instead of the half horse. Suspect this was for energy efficiency so can't knock them. Landscape was poor but not knocking that either. They used the worst Bahia grass with the worst install job I have ever seen. Well it's workable and with some work it's coming around. Bottom line is that all houses will have issues. All tract builders use the same subs and same materials for the most part. Some developments especially in FL are in fact built on wet areas or swamps as some may call them. So do your homework all builders will build on them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

We are in the process of building a Maronda Home in PA. Scratch that, they have not broken ground yet, so we are not really building a house yet. We were told by the salesman that our completion date was the middle of July at our first meeting. Then at our next meeting he said, "To be safe let's put the date at the end of July." When we met again I asked him about the end of July date and he said, "To be really safe let's say the first week of August." It is the middle of April and they have not started anything yet.

The issue is we chose flexible buyers for our current house so we would not have to move, but now we are seeing the writing in the wall and we either will have to rent off of our buyers or move twice. The thing is we did not pull these dates out of the air. We made the mistake of believing the salesman. I am not sure what else we were supposed to do. This is our first home build and we talked to others that live in the plan. I have also not heard from the salesman in a while. I sent two emails and they are unanswered. He was great at communicating at the beginning of the process but now we hear nothing.

My wife and I first began looking at Maronda Homes in August of 2016. We didn't choose our model and go under contract until middle of November. Our sales associate Eddie **, at first, seemed eager, friendly, and ready to help us. It wasn't until later on during the selection process (upgrades, colors, etc) that we realized he was a practical joke. He was brand new to the company and didn't know almost anything. Even with the twenty plus years of reality experience with other builders that he arrogantly boasted, he still seemed like he was out of the loop with Maronda. Almost all the questions we asked he had to ask the other sales associate Lorena simply because of his inexperience.

Unfortunately my wife and I are barely in our 20s and first time home buyers, so we gullibly took his words and trusted him. Even though her and I did do our research before even thinking about building there were still some things we hadn't learned yet. The questions and concerns we had, he would just write them off and tell us not to worry about them. Foolishly, we listened.

After we told him we had a realtor, he turned into a little jerk. He stopped answering phone calls, emails and texts. I get it, there goes a percentage of his commission, but too bad you are an employee and understand that it happens. Ever since then, he's been salty with us. The latest issue and the worst is that after we signed the contract, we hadn't realized that our model had an available under truss hip screened lanai. The option was not in our selection sheet when our five-star sales associate went over it with us, so we had no way of knowing. It wasn't until later, via the internet that we saw our same model with the lanai added on.

We went back to Maronda and told Eddie that we would like to add the lanai to our upgrades. We already knew that it would cost us and additional $500 dollars like it states in the contract when the buyers want to add an additional upgrade after the contract has been signed. We were fine with that and took responsibility for not knowing beforehand. "Too bad", is basically what they said. He told us that our contract is done and waiting to be looked over by our local city permitting department.

Here's the thing, our lot is in an eagle zone (one of the things he didn't explain to us when we bought the lot!) and after taking a trip to city permitting they told us since the eagle nesting season doesn't end until mid-May 2017, they aren't even going to look at our permitting until then. So there has been an entire three month span where nothing is being done! Why can't the contract be changed/re-done? I don't understand. We spoke to Eddie who said we shouldn't even bring it up to his manager. What? That made no sense to us. We honestly figured it was because he was too damn lazy to write up another contract with the added change. We had our realtor call in and speak to Eddie, again.

Finally, our realtor spoke to the supervisor and he said no also. So my realtor asked for the next person in line, who supposedly happens to be a regional supervisor/manager of some sort. He gave my realtor his number, and we are still waiting to hear a call back from him after almost an entire month. We were even told by the other sales associate, Lorena, to just start another contract. WHAT!? What a ridiculous solution. Yeah, let me give you another $5000 deposit so you can pocket it and scrap my current contract. Seriously, what in the world.

What I don't understand is that this new added lanai is a whole $10,000 that they pocket. It's not like we want to change doorknobs the day before closing! I understand that engineers have to re-do the blueprints, etc but how is it not cost effective to do so? There is no way that the added change could cost them more than what the lanai costs! I can't find anywhere in the contract where it states that changes cannot be done after the buyer signs. I mean, that's literally the purpose of charging the buyer an additional $500 to any change they want to make after the selections have been done. Which is directly stated on the front of their paperwork!

If anybody could please shed some light here on what I could do. Is it worth getting lawyers involved? It's just a lanai that I want added to my home, that won't even start construction until possibly June, I mean, come on. If this is just the beginning, without even having to worry about my home being constructed, what happens during that time? Help.

The Sales Agent, Alyson ** is extremely unprofessional. She promised us items for our home and never delivered. After moving in, we found out from all the neighbors that their experience with her as well was horrendous. She has poor follow up skills, sells you with deceit and then gets very combative. We were assured by she that everything in the home would be perfect. We being out of state had a family member checking on the home and found several items such as cracked tile, incorrect backsplash installed, dented appliances, kitchen cabinetry damaged and very sloppy finish work. Alyson promised that she would be in attendance for the first walk through but she was not and demanded that we come in for the walk through.

Not only was the interior of the home a disaster, the exterior was just as bad. My realtor with over 20 years in the industry stopped the process of putting green tape on all the items that needed attention after we noticed that a door was in need of complete tear down including an entire interior wall and brought the "supervisor" Henry (Hank) and myself to the middle of the home expressing her concerns and asking him why he wasn't writing any of what we found down or using a tablet. His response was that he'd remember. That was a complete joke and thankfully we had good notes along with pictures. Hank is not fit for his role. He speeds through the development driving with his door open, jumps out of the car that looks like it's been through a mafia war and leaves it running as he frantically tries to do his job. This experience by far has been the worst ever!

The yard: the sod is literally thrown in, no guidance on how to maintain it. We have twisted our ankles numerous times out in our yard and the VP Jim ** refuses to discuss and reverts back to "Hank's" notes that are a mess of chicken scratch. We have our landscaping noted on our walk through. We've had to spend over $500.00 so far trying to correct the poor install of our lawn. We still have a tree on our property that Hank sent someone over to straighten out but ** will not address and it is a tilting eye sore. The exterior front of our home had to be done three times! The incorrect mantel was put in after what we saw with pictures was what we expected. The team changed the mantel and after three times of me the home owner standing supervising a sublet contractor it was finally correct. The driveway was sinking and had to be redone.

The VP Jim ** is unfit for his role. It has trickled down to everyone that we had/have to deal with. The warranty person Karen ** doesn't return calls, respond to emails and all situations that fall within our warranty are just denied and then we must fight. They send this man Jorge out and all he does is debate the items that are in question of repair and is extremely combative. The CEO Ted Brock was contacted and refused to speak with me. Look at his linked in profile. Speaks volumes about his experience as well and his picture of him reading a book!

This is our dream home. We paid cash for this. Cash!!! These individuals have no skills, are unethical and create havoc every chance given. Do not buy a home from them. We also had a home inspection as recommended from our realtor. Most would think a brand new home would not need that but our inspector found that the entire electrical panel needed redo. Lights tripping and hollow tiles that ** refused to cover repairing. We have documented everything. We have neighbors documents as well.

There's a pond here that is not being appropriately addressed and we have midge flies in our homes as a result. There is garbage everywhere from careless builders and food wrappers from every fast food establishment in our country. They point the finger at the developer and the developer points back at Maronda and we still look at this mess. DO NOT BUY FROM MARONDA!

So sad to be taken advantage of by a major company. We just spent a fortune having a house built by Maronda Homes. Once we closed they have washed their hands of us. Several times in the first year during the warranty period, we provided examples of a needed repair to our water. The pictures below will show how bad our water is. No one should ever have to live with this quality of water. They agreed there's a problem, they consulted with an outside company and were given a fix that would cost $1800, but they don't want to spend anything so they said too bad. They called me on the phone to tell me they know that there's a problem. They consulted with a company who proved the problem and provided a fix, but it was never going to happen, it cost too much.

I am a real estate agent in Southwest Florida and just finished up with my first and last Maronda home deal. I warned my clients from the start, because of the bad reviews and against my better judgment I proceeded through this transaction with them. The house took just over 20 months from contract date to finish and the communication throughout the process was the worst I have experienced. They failed multiple inspections (some of the same inspections failed multiple times) and they always had what they believed to be a good excuse. They convinced the buyers to use the in-house lender to save on closing costs and the final figure wound up being more than $4000 over the original quote. The home itself is mediocre to say the least. Many flaws that they just did not address properly and now the clients are stuck with a house that already has cosmetic and functionality issues.

Because of the extremely long process they cause my clients to receive a higher interest rate and miss out on homestead exemption, which is a savings on taxes. It is impossible to talk with someone from their corporate office and even when I could get a hold of someone other than the sales rep, they always got very upset with me for calling and actually hung up on several occasions. In closing, you should know that this experience was so bad that I will refuse to ever accept another commission check related to a deal with this company. I honestly feel sick to my stomach just for being a part of the deal and I beg you to do whatever you can to choose another builder.

I purchased my home in Sebring Florida from Maronda Homes, 10 years ago. I was never told the home was sitting in wet lands. The drainage plans were approved by Sun 'n Lake District, so Maronda was cleared to build inadequately and as cheap as possible. Now all of the homeowners are living with a flood situation every time it rains. I have taken the matter up with Sun 'n Lake & Maronda, neither seem to give a damn. I have spoken to my County Rep. Mr. Ron **. His answer was "this is not a county problem, so please go away." So I have two suggestions for every home buyer, Don't buy a house in Highlands County Fl. or from Maronda Homes. They are both bad news.

I purchased my home from Maronda Homes 2014. My carpet in my whole house is bundled throughout my home which started to unravel just a year after purchase. The kitchen sink they installed was so cheap looking not durable at all. The tile installed is cracked throughout my bathroom and showers, the contractor came out twice within 2 months to seal it and it's still cracked. The garage door has stopped working 3 times within 2 months, the company they are hiring for cheap do not do a great job and when you call the office for repairs, the office manager Karen ** is so rude and unprofessional. She's very curt with a bad attitude when you call with complaints.

And finally the office manager of Maronda Homes Lisa in Palmetto Florida was very unprofessional. She is discussing my sale with other customers and she had no idea they were my friends. They came by looking at their models telling them I am a "Trip" when she was so drugged up on pain pills during the whole process of me purchasing my home. And I know this because she told me! Whole experience a total nightmare!

Built new Maronda Home here in Lumber Creek Division in Yulee, FL - took many months - 9 from contract sign to closing... Very slow building - always have excuses. Then closing date was given for November then changed to Dec then changed again and again. Unbelievable... Sales rep Barbara was very rude, nasty and unhelpful. Since closing on January 2016, we have had some warranty issues... A couple of very small issues have been taken care of... but I have bigger issues that need attention and they keep putting me off. Have reached out to the sales rep Fred - who also came and took picture for ac door unit to show VP and Matt (warranty supervisor) who never returns calls or emails or has said coming next week and never shows up.

Need master bathroom door turned - as seniors no room to close door easily because it opens into small area instead of opening out as another builder has done on their homes. Also suppose to have door over ac unit that is located in laundry area - story from Matt was ordered door and it was broken then was going to make something... Can't understand how other builder here has no trouble getting their ac doors. Also big issue is my front walkway is sinking. Can't seem to get anything done. Don't know where to turn... Don't have much longer before year is up. This is not our first built home but it has been the worst... Never, never would I recommend Maronda Homes... Please don't do it!

This was going to be the first house that my wife and I built together and I was very excited to start the process. After dealing with Maronda Homes I doubt that I will ever venture down this road again. It has left me with no respect for large home builder companies. We were blatantly lied to on more than one occasion throughout the selection process by our sales rep. We found out after the fact that our sales rep was brand new to the company and my family was the lucky enough to experience his ignorance. We selected many different items for our new Home including cabinets and carpet and after we signed our contract we found out that we would be paying extra for these items because they were an upgrade. Our ignorant sales rep told us to our face that it would be included in the amount.

Our sales rep also didn't know the specs for the specific neighborhood we were to build in and we were required to change our garage entrance a month after signing our contract. Maronda Homes wanted us to pay the difference for the change and I said absolutely not because that was their ignorant mistake. After fighting over the additional cost they decided to press on with the new plan even though my wife and I liked the first plan best. I was told my driveway would be wide enough for two cars to pass each other but after the plan change I was given a blueprint showing a single car driveway. Who would want a single car driveway that leads to a two car garage?

These issues were only the tip of the iceberg because after numerous phone calls and argument the house was still to be built. In June our sales rep told us he submitted the paperwork to the city for permits and when September rolled around and ground had still not been broken I called the city. They had no record of the permits ever being submitted. Lied to again! I spoke with the regional sales manager for Maronda Homes Greg ** and he was very rude and also dishonest about what was happening to my home. After speaking with this joker I had to pull the plug on building this house.

At this point we were 6 months into a contract and nothing had been accomplished or even started. I don't see how they can operate this way and stay in business. They would not refund our deposit and we will now be going to court over the whole ordeal. I beg others out there to really consider other builders because you are in for a horrible experience with this company. They have so many bad reviews and I wish that I would have listened to them before signing a contract with a dishonest company.

Seeing all the negative reviews I just had to write. We had built a new Maronda home in 2014. We have been in the home for a year. Any issues that we had which were nothing major were all taken care of. We are very happy with our home and have not had any more problems. As with all builders there will be buyers that have issues with a new home but then write a real bad review. All I can say that Maronda has been around for a long time and are reputable. I would build a Maronda home again. We live in Palm Coast Florida.

I have nothing against the owner but you have subcontractors that are rude, peeing off the roof, using my well water without permission. My pressure tank had to be fixed at my cost. Yesterday was awful. They all blocked our street. People could not get through including school buses since school starts today. The blonde lady said "Oh Well". Not the way to handle people who have lived here. You people don't care. I was made to move my mailbox and now I have a new one to be placed and it was up to Maronda Homes to move my mailbox not myself and now I am requesting that Maronda Homes place my new mailbox since I put up with my newly painted driveway which has to be redone from all the trucks and deliveries went over it, people parking in my front yard blocking people. I made the sod people move.

I know it is money for you. I was an employee of Port St Lucie Building Dept years ago and I never saw subs do what they do nowadays: very rude, garbage all over when there is a freedom bucket right there. My neighbors and I picked up most of the cans and papers. We have been here over 20 years - never seen anything like it. I am disabled and watching this house go up and rude subs you need to fix it. I can't wait to see the inside when my new neighbor moves in. I know you owners of Maronda Homes don't care but you need to.

If you are in the market for purchasing a new Maronda home buyer be aware, the workers drinking while on the job, then they put the beers inside the kitchen wall had to fish it out, mixer shower valve was leaking since we bought the house new, caused major issues in the kitchen. Have to replace cabinets walls, floors, mold on the sheet rock, mold in the closet, caulk is cracking throughout the house, tubs came with stains, stucco cracking. Need I say more.

I have lived in my town all my life and have built homes before. Maronda Homes has been around for a very long time and even lasted through the building slump when other companies went under. This being the case and not being able to afford to go with a custom builder we decided to use Maronda for our builder. Things started off great. The salesman was very friendly and helpful in answering all of our questions. We made many changes and upgrades to the house that were not usual for the builder to do. They started our house in a timely manner and things seemed to be ok until the last 2 months of building.

We drove to the house daily to see how things were going. Every time we did we found mistakes. Walls not attached to the trusses, broken water pipes in the foundation, missing cable outlets that we paid extra for, etc. We told the supervisor about the issues and he tried to get them fixed (so he told us). Two days before our closing I asked the supervisor if we needed to push the closing back to give them more time to fix the issues. He said he couldn't. That Maronda would not allow us to.

The day of closing the house was still not cleaned, the paint on the outside of the house was peeling off, the drywall looks awful, the master shower floor needed to be redone, the master counter is too short, the cabinets were chipped up, the front and back porches looked like a construction zone still (tons of stains on the concrete), the outside stucco looks awful, the driveway has a 2 inch lip (feels like a speed bump), plus so many other things were not fixed.

After moving in a week after closing (gave them some time to fix things, but they didn't) we noticed that the French doors in our enclosed den were not closing correctly. We found more drywall issues, and the A/C does not cool one entire side of the house. We found that they laid the carpet over rocks or what feels like rocks when you walk on them. To top it all off don't look up when you are in the great room. You can see every tape line that was done on the drywall. In calling the supervisor he gave me the numbers for the trades who had done the jobs and told me that I could call them to get things fixed. I guess he was done with me. I have been in the house for 2 months now and still have a long list of things that need to be fixed. Each time I get a company in to fix an issue they cut corners and do a half ass job. Then they give the excuse "Well this is cheap material" or "These aren't the best doors and toilets."

I also am having to use my own money to have the A/C rerouted to get air into the master bedroom and closet. The temperature difference is 5+ degrees and the air company says "Well Maronda designed it, we just put it in." An extra $500.00 I should not have to spend to fix the issue. Guess I should have done more research before going with Maronda for my house. To tell you the truth I HATE my house, and it is a shame after spending the amount of money that I did to build it.

We built our first home with Maronda. The wood frame was rotten. When I told them I was hiring an inspector they moved our close date up a month. By the time we were able to get back to our home they had already put the drywall up so no one could see the rotten broken wood frame. They threatened to sue us if we broke the contract. They insisted the wood was just treated wood. Two days ago our kitchen cabinets fell on my daughter causing a concussion and shattering all of our dishes including dishes that belong to my grandmother and mom. Both have passed. If I knew how to include photos I would. They have been posted on Twitter though. Do not buy a minor damage home. They are junk.

Maronda only cares about your money. If I had room I would go into detail on everything that has broken in the 9 months we have owned this crappy home. Huge carpenter ant infestation, doors, and windows don't close properly so constant insects in the house. Water contaminated, horrible poop stench in the back, bedroom damp smell - have to run dehumidifier 24/7. Horrible sound when we turn the faucets on. The list goes on and on. The stress has given me 2 heart attacks.

Purchased in the Hartman Ponds community in the Columbus, Ohio area. This is my first home and I couldn't be more screwed. My floor is uneven, my foundation isn't sealed properly and each spring it's like a bug stampede into my home, my neighbors are loud ghetto trash, the main water pipe in my downstairs has burst and I was told it was because of the horrible quality of parts, my windows are off track and I could go on and on. Maronda will not stand by their own warranties but they continue to quickly build these mass produced paper houses.

Please do as much research as you can on Maronda Homes before you foolishly decide to purchase from this horrible company. Their homes are mass produced garbage and you will never be happy with your purchase. Here are just a few tidbits to get you started, so you can decide for yourself and do more research. 1: They do not stand behind their warranties. You will be spending a ton of money to fix things they should be responsible for. 2: All of the "parts" to build the home are sub-par from the pipes to the baseboards. We purchased our home brand new in 2011 and have had to spend over 10,000 just to replace broken or damaged pieces.

3: For God's sake, don't buy in the Hartman Pond neighborhood. The person who used to run the model home before they closed up shop said that the reason they were doing so is because "Maronda created a new ghetto." 4: They lie. Hartman Pond is in the Columbus City School District. They will tell you it's Hamilton Local. Not only is it CSD but it's one of the worst CSD schools in the city. Run. 5: The "pond" is just a sewer drainage basin. It's ugly.

6: Maronda fails to upkeep their lots. Ticks are everywhere in the summer. You have to get the city involved just to get them to mow. 7: They are some of the rudest people you will ever meet. Once they have your money they could care less. 8: Did I mention the horrible quality of the homes? Yeah, it needs mentioned twice. 9: They don't seal the foundation/walls. Bugs can just waltz in because there isn't a good barrier to prevent it. 10: The soil has 0 nutrients. OSU tested the soil quality. Maronda sold off all of the top soil to Jones Topsoil before they built. You will never grow a good lawn unless you use a ton of chemicals or have it professional maintained and regrown. ZERO NUTRIENTS. RUN AWAY FROM MARONDA.

I cannot express enough how true the previous complaints are about Maronda. Simply put their homes suck. I should have paid more attention. They discouraged me from adding a pool to the mortgage and now I am stuck having to get another loan.

When I was first shown this lot at Aosta Valley in Walton, KY, the first thing I noticed as we were looking at the backyard to see where the property would end at was water that was leaching from the neighbors sump pump pipe. I asked Tim, "Would this be a problem to clear up?" and he replied that they would either pipe it underground or swell it off. So I agreed to purchase the lot. GUESS WHAT WHEN THE HOUSE WAS DONE BUILT AND IT WAS TIME TO TAKE CARE OF THE DRAINAGE, the people at the office in Ohio said no it wasn't their problem. And guess what else. When Tim the salesman at Aosta in Walton was asked if we had discussed the drainage situation, he replied that the discussion had never taken place. Folks just get everything in writing because some folks there are like politicians. They will tell you anything to make a sale.

I would not recommend purchasing your home through Maronda Homes, in particular Dartmoor Estates in North Huntingdon. March 25th 2105, we entered an agreement with Maronda Homes in Dartmoor Estates. One of the attractions to my wife in particular was the kitchen island at the model home at the Dartmoor Estates location. My wife inquired about the island and we were informed that this was the deluxe island. As we selected our upgrades, my wife selected the deluxe island. We asked the sales man several times that the island that he had in the model was the deluxe model and he confirmed. My wife even went back to the model with visiting family showing them the island letting them know that this is what she was getting with the sales man and never was informed otherwise.

On March 30th we finalized our upgrade options and again addressed that the upgrade that we selected was the island the salesman had in the model and again was informed that yes that was the deluxe island. On April 16th we had a printed copy that confirmed our selection that included the deluxe island. It was during this time that we also addressed the front porch of our home. We stressed the point that we wanted the home as the portrait on the internet and on the model brochure. The porch only has columns with no railing and is a walk off front porch.

On March 25th we signed a copy of the photo of the Harvard Model that we selected as a walk off porch with no railings and just columns. We even addressed this several times with the salesman to confirm that the home was going to be built as shown on the pictures of the model. We received an email from the salesman on March 31st that the porch was to be just the columns.

It was on Monday October 12th that upon a visit to the construction site that the island that was being built in the kitchen was in no way a replication of the island that my wife and I had been lead to believe we purchased. As I was leaving the construction site, I noticed porch railing kits lying in the garage. I ran into the salesman as I was leaving the plan. I addressed these matters with him as he informed me that they must be someone else's railing or a false delivery as he stated he confirmed that the porch would just have columns. I also addressed the island with him and he had no idea why it wasn't the island that we all thought. He stated that he would look into this matter.

Upon returning my call the salesman stated that it was due to code that the porch needed railings. This code only came into place because the porch was not built as shown on the brochure and/or internet photos that were signed. He went on to state that they changed sometime in March or April and that they also changed the type of islands that they were placing in the Harvard Model that we selected. The issue here was, we as the buying customer were never informed of this and given options.

The sales man stated on Monday October 12th that he would address my concerns with the Maronda Homes VP and that we would hear something the next day. On Tuesday October 13th, we heard nothing from the sales man or the Maronda Homes VP. On Wednesday October 14th, I contacted the salesman whom informed me that he had a meeting with his VP and I would be getting a call first thing the next day.

On Thursday October 15th, around 1 pm we heard nothing from the sales man or the Maronda Homes VP. I called the sales man and he stated that his VP would be calling us. We never received a call from the Maronda Homes VP that day. In fact, Friday October 16th came and by 12pm we had heard nothing from the VP. I called and finally was able to talk to the Maronda Homes secretary who informed me that the VP was out of the office and took a detailed message, she stated that he would contact me first thing Monday October 19th.

October 21st came and again about 12pm we had heard nothing from the Maronda Homes VP. I called at 12pm, 12:02pm, and again at 2pm. I finally called from a different number and was able to get the VP on the phone. We talked about my issues where he informed me that he stopped them from cutting the granite counters. He stated that they could build a different island and I informed him at this point that the island would now never fit in the kitchen. I let him know that I will run over to the construction site and measure the island. I let him know that I would call back within the hour. I went to measure and there was no way that the island that we selected would or could be placed into that home.

I called back several times before I was able to get a hold of the VP. I let him know that the island would not fit. I explained to him that this was the island that we believed was being placed in our home the entire time. He stated that it would not fit, the issue here I explained is had we known this, then we might have not upgraded the island or selected a different model home. I addressed the porch with the VP, as he asked me if I was crazy, how they would build a home with the porch on the brochure in Western PA.

As I explained how the sales man led us to believe that this was the island the entire time and that the porch was being built as displayed on the picture as a walk off, the Maronda Homes VP called me a liar. He stated that this was not what the sales man was telling him and could he go now to call the production team as I was holding back productivity, I requested that we have a meeting with the sales man Himself and his supervisor and he ignored my request. I asked for his supervisor's name and number and he informed me that I would receive a call from his supervisor the very next day and hung up. I immediately contacted the sales man who stated that he would call the VP and we should be getting some type of compensation.

Friday October 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, and the 27th came and went with no call from the Maronda Homes VP or his supervisor. At this point my wife and I were thinking this is just another broken promise from Maronda. On October 28th we sent an email to the salesman with several questions to include that the VP never called us back or offered any type of compensations. On October 31st we went to the construction site and had to get the key from the salesman. I stressed to the sales man that again I received no call from the VP to compensate nor received a call from this supervisor, I again stated that we should have a meeting. I informed the salesman of my conversation again with the VP. The sales man was dancing around giving us a garage door opener for the issues.

Island that we thought were getting upgrade cost: $2,190.00, Upgraded island counter top: $1,200.00. Front porch that we added as we thought would be a walk off porch, $8,990.00. Somehow, Maronda Homes, that does not total your resolution: chain link garage door opener: $495.00.

We are currently in the process of buying a home at Dartmoor Estates. The sales person told us throughout the process that the huge ditch that spans most of the yard would be filled in. Now a week from closing, they are refusing to honor that and my entire yard is a ditch. If we would back out of the deal now, we would lose our 8000 dollar deposit. I strongly recommend not buying from them.

I am in the process of building a home. It took 5 months before they broke ground. Hidden expenses and customer service is the worst I've dealt with to date. With the exception of one person. They only care about the bottom line and customer service is the least of their concern. I would NEVER recommend building a home with Maronda. Please look at other builders because I built a home with Centex and dealt with zero of the issues I'm dealing with now. Horrible builder.

Since we moved into our house over 3 years ago we have had problems. Our backyard being one of the biggest issues. We were told multiple times it would be fixed, it still looks terrible. We have huge trenches running all through our backyard. We cannot put a fence or a deck up because of these trenches. Maronda kept telling us that they were going to get to it when they had people in this area again. I have seen Maronda homes being built, there is one going up next door and nobody has fixed our yard. Another issue is our shingles. They told us to call the company that installed them. We did, multiple times. They will not return our calls and Maronda was still being no help.

Finally after 10 months, my husband went ape ** crazy on them and they gave him an email address to contact somebody about our shingles. They then sent us information about a pending class action suit regarding our shingles. So now we are supposed to wait even longer for that to go through! We should have known building with them was going to be a mistake when our original salesmen left the company during our building process and we never found out until we called their corporate office to figure out why he wasn't returning our calls. They never even bothered to assign someone else to us.

The lack of respect and professionalism towards me and my daughter got my daughter disappointed to the point of canceling the deal. The deceiving tactics were also a reason. Now, they also refused to refund the $500 deposit to her, after they say it was refundable.

I was told from the first time we looked at our lot that the drainage issue would be taken care of by Maronda. We moved in on Jan 8th and the issue is still there. We are now being told that this is a civil issue between me and my neighbor. I was told about a week ago that the manager in the West Chester Ohio office is now finally going to review this of course after he gets back from his vacation. Maronda had an estimate of 700 dollars to put a pipe in but someone in that office decided it was not their problem even though that was the first thing we talked about before we purchased the lot. What's so funny is I'm not going to cut a single blade of that tall grass growing through it and it just so happens to be right behind their new model home they are now building. Just can't wait for the customers to ask me about my swamp going across my backyard.

Updated on 07/19/2015: Finally got my answer on 7-16-2015 about the water drainage problem in my backyard. This answer came from the office in Westchester, Ohio. They said it was not their problem. Even one of their own management personnel said I got a raw deal and would help me anyway he could. It all started from that sales rep in Walton, at the Aosta site. I was told when I first looked at the lot the drainage issue would be handled by Maronda or I would not have even considered purchasing it. Just get everything down in writing before closing, Because after that you are at their mercy. It's always about the next house after they get their money.

Dear prospective buyers of a Maronda Home, I am very dissatisfied with the way customer service handles situations. When I called in March of this year about leaking pipes over the ceilings. They told me to find a plumber and pay. This has been a problem since my house was built. They had come to fix the same problems before once plus, the house is breaking outside. It is 10 years for structure and they do not want to repair the outside of the house, nor the faulty pipelines in the bathtubs that they only "repaired" and not replaced. I pay the mortgage for a home valued half for what mortgage is for. I am paying. Please consider carefully before buying a Maronda home. They do not care about your problems, only getting their houses to sell.

Maronda Homes Company Profile