1.5/5 (129 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Maronda Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maronda Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maronda Homes?

Original review: May 19, 2022

Maronda Homes Orlando division, Solterra Springs in Davenport. STEPHANIE ** and Ted **. Avoid at all costs. Stephanie ** is the worst agent I have encountered included 7 states. Stephanie and Maronda will fill your heads will fallacies of the truth to get you to sign a contract and then come up with numerous excuses in the process of subverting the truth. Stephanie has been less than truthful, in my opinion, about the progress of our home and seems to thrive on what I believe to be racial bias and an approach of less than adequate communication skills unless it is positive. I purchased my home in October of 2021, and Stephanie said, "Don't worry your home will be ready easily in under 6 months, we build them fast, don't worry." About 2 years in the contract they just put that there because of lawyers. 4 other properties in a different phase and sold after my property is near completion.

Mine is still waiting to even have the tile roof installed. I am a cash buyer and was told by a former construction manager there that Stephanie will lie to you because she gets a bonus and kickback for those who finance vs. cash buyers. Ted ** (I believe) called me and was rude, belligerent, and answered no questions of mine, you can tell the moment he calls or gets involved he is a person in my opinion that has to win at all costs, he does not listen to what you're saying and has an answer before you even finish. An ability to listen to a concerned home buyer is not one of his strong abilities in my opinion as his verbal communication skills are that of a bully and condescending in my opinion.

I personally like the floor plans and they have a gentleman named Cory who is a supervisor who actually will listen and emphasize and be honest with you. As you can tell it seems that skill from my review is hit and miss, do you want to trust your $400k + new home to a gamble between Stephanie ** and Maronda or a needle in a haystack good customer service person like Cory? I'll leave that up to you...

Original review: May 17, 2022

I wish I could write a good review but I can not. Maronda Homes are jokes. We brought one of their homes about 8 months ago. We have tried having the warranty office come out and do repairs but nothing is done. They never get a hold of you. The one time they came out. The guy told us that nothing could be done for a lost floorboard in the upstairs room. The kitchen cabinets are cheap. The molding falls right off. I could go on and on. But I want to talk about what my son and his wife is going through with them.

They signed a contract last August. They were told in December that their file was lost and that permits were not done. Mind you the only way they found this out was because they had to call corporate because nobody was communicating from Maronda with them. Then in February they were told that the permits were being submitted. Keep in mind they had to call the corporate office multiple times to get that information. Even after they were promised weekly updates. Today was the kicker though. They went to do their pre-build meeting only to find out that the plans that were submitted did not take into account a telephone pole that would be in the middle of the garage. Now they are starting all over. I just want to let everyone run, run fast away from this company. They are jokes.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I wish I knew this ** company before I bought one of their homes. Foundation problems, cheap drywalls, cheap windows, kitchen cabinets that were up uneven, everything is cheap made. My fault, 1st time buyer so I didn’t know much about houses. This was the model home and everything looked nice.

Original review: March 25, 2022

We have been in our new Maronda home approaching 1 year now and Maronda has NOT responded to Most of our construction issues that we have found. Some of these issues were identified during the initial walkthroughs before Closing, with their promise to get them fixed. Their Warranty Department is Not responsive and general communication with the company is poor at best. We wanted a Block home and they were the only builder in our area to build these but if you want a stick home, go anywhere else, you will be happier.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I signed a contract with Maronda Homes on December 3, 2020. I was originally told the house should be completed by July 30, 2021. I sold my home up North and moved down here in May 2021. Due to delays with Covid and materials, I was told completion would be November 2021. As time went on, in November I finally got a roof on the house. Wood framing was done. Electrical and plumbing was done (although Electrical originally never passed inspection and was worked on several times to pass inspection). As of November 29, 2021 I have been told that insulation was scheduled to be installed. I was then given a closing date of no later than February 2022. Then that became April 15, 2022.

It is now March 14, 2022 and I am still receiving emails "No changes, waiting on insulation". Doors, moldings and a little drywall has been delivered. Left in the garage for over a month, not covered and now the doors have been blown over with the storm we had over the weekend. Not sure if there is any damaged to the doors, molding or drywall. No one is answering any of my concerns. I have call the Corporate office, emailed the real estate agent and emailed the President. I have moved around so many times and the my stress level is very high. I have 2 dogs so it is hard to find a place that takes dogs. Oh, and I'm probably my 7th project manager. I honestly lost count. Anyway, please be aware of this company promises.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

We signed the contracts with Maronda 1/2021 and was told our home would be done between October and December. Our house was not done until mid Feb. Multiple inspections failed. Went to check in the house during building and every time I went the basement was flooded with our furnace installed in the basement. We received weekly updates from the salesperson and they were never correct because of the construction being behind. We were told they were at the mercy of the contractors. Get new subcontractors!! The ones that Maranda used are awful. Nothing went some with the building process. We went to do the preclose walkthrough and when we got there they did not have the occupancy permit. So we had to close and still have not been able to move in. If you decide to build a new home I would not recommend Maronda.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

We purchased the model home from Maronda in Dec 2019. Maronda leased the model home from us for 13+month. We finally moved in Mar. of 2021. The transition was pure havoc. We were told that we can take occupancy then after arranging movers and advising our landlord of our departure, the contractor told us they were not ready to release the home. Communication between the company and their workers was ridiculous. There were things that needed to be repaired or replaced prior to our move. We had a leak under the kitchen sink Maronda Homes said that it was not covered. A plumber discovered that there were pipes not connected properly. Three of the window screens were damaged and we were told that they would be replaced but then were told so sad too bad they would not replace them. There were stones that had fallen from the front pillar and it took over 2 week for someone to come to fix them.

Every time we contacted Maronda homes about our issue we had to argue because the 1 warranty had passed, we then needed to tell them that the home was purchased in 2019 but we did not move in until 2021. The staff we worked with were kind as they would forward our concerns but of course he would avoid calling us back because Maronda homes would say no. I could go on and on but this is limited space. I am very disappointed with the final service we received once we moved into our new home.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

If you are looking to purchase a home that will take over a year to be built, then Maronda Homes are the builders for you! My experience started 11/2020 when I signed a contract for a new build. Out the gate it took several months for the land to be cleared and for construction to begin. When I inquired to the delays I was told it was a permitting issue but that it would be resolved soon. That turned out to be a lie. It wasn't until my husband called the permitting department himself that we found out the delays were actually due to Maronda not properly filing paperwork. Shocker!

Well fast forward a few months, the home is now under construction however all the following ups and updates we were promised were inconsistent and vague. We were constantly promised a closing by September 2021, which turned out to be another lie. From there estimated completion date was moved at least 4 times. Side note, there were days we drove by the property and saw building materials sitting out in the rain for days at a time. When we were finally scheduled for a walk through, no one from Maronda called or showed up. I had to hunt down somebody from their office to figure out why no one was there to walk the property with us. We were told somebody should've texted us that the house wasn't ready yet.

The house was FINALLY done 1/10/22 and final walkthrough completed. Appraisal was completed 1/24 which said house was worth approximately $42k over selling price. On 1/25 Maronda sends us an after hours email to cancel the contract because our bank was taking too long to close, meanwhile we had a closing date for 1/28/22. This couldn't possibly be a coincidence. We tried calling them and couldn't reach a single person until 1/27. We even pleaded with their VP Ted Estes who flat out said no and was very rude and unprofessional. In conclusion, these builders are shady, corrupt, and need to closed down permanently. They will waste over a year of time and in turn not give you adequate time to close. Unless you like no communication, false promises, and flat out lies, I'd steer clear of them at all costs. If you don't believe me, just do a simple google search and see all the bad reviews for yourself. Sure wish I had.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I signed on a home in May 2021 and made a deposit. It has been downhill ever since. Sales staff or shall I say person, is not at all helpful. They provide no updates, I have to physically drive to the location myself to see what is going on. Whenever they do decide to provide an update, it’s always late, photos I have already obtained myself by going by the property. Delay after delay with no explanation as to why.

As the sales staff is no help I had to call the corporate office and obtained the contact information for the building supervisor who was helpful initially but basically told me today via text he is not the person I need to be contacting. They don’t care about you as a home buyer at all. If you are looking to buy a home, please stay away from this builder. I should note that I contacted corporate who told me they could not help me until I exhausted all my efforts going through the appropriate steps for resolution. This is how I came in contact with the building supervisor who is now not providing any information. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

This is possibly the worst experience I have ever had with with a builder or realtor. They do not follow up. They do not provide you information that they have promised you and they do not most importantly fix any repairs that are their fault. If you are thinking of using them run away fast. They are terrible and actually should be under investigation. They left us a new house with stains on the rug, dented nonworking refrigerator, gaping hole where a drawer should be, a fan in a bathroom that doesn't work, no touch up paint and many other issues. Once we signed and closed on the property they disappeared. They are liars and terrible.

Maronda Homes Company Information