Call toll free
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for four straight years and a WaterSense® Partner of the Year for four consecutive years. A FORTUNE 1,000 company, Los Angeles-based KB Home was the first homebuilder listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and trades under the ticker symbol "KBH." For more information about KB Home's new home communities, call 888-KB-HOMES or visit www.kbhome.com.

KB Home Gallery (2)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

956 KB Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My husband and I are first time home buyers and we are glad we met Anh **. We first met her at KB Homes at Bartram Park and she is very accommodating and easy to talk to. When we finally decided to buy our first home at Magnolia Grove, Anh has been a great help. She really goes beyond. The service is top notch and it made our home buying experience an enjoyable one, less stressful. Anh is not only very helpful, she is easy to talk to, very knowledgeable on her field and accommodating, she goes beyond miles. Thanks you Anh!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I had a house built with KB Home after looking for an existing home and also looking at other new homes throughout the Jacksonville, Florida area. With KB Home you get many options to choose from and they even have a design team to help you in making your choices. I choose KB Home because of the Energy-Saving Features they offer as well as the Exterior details and the Interior craftsmanship as well as the open floor plan and the option to upgrade to a Gourmet Kitchen and upgrade the master bath. I felt like I was building a custom built home with all the options KB Home has to offer. My Sales Counselor Anh ** was professional and was there for me every step of the way, she even called and sent me emails to check in with me on my questions on her days off. I was updated on a weekly basis with pictures and what was done for the week and what I could expect to be completed the upcoming week.

Logan ** the Superintendent & Customer Service representative was with me every step of the way. When doing the inspections he would find something not quite perfect and would mark it for it to be corrected and followed through to see that it was. I would go and look at the house as it was being build and he was always there on site at one of the houses being built. The design team was wonderful as well. My Studio Consultant was Dena ** and she was extremely knowledgeable and helped me to stay within my budget and still get all that I wanted in my home. I was very pleased with everyone that I dealt with while going through the process of having my home build. I highly recommend KB Home of Jacksonville, Florida. Their employees are very dedicated and believe in excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I'm a single mom that had a dream of finding a special place to call home. A home my children could fill with a lifetime of memories. KB Home delivered that dream and my children and I couldn't be happier. Thank you KB Home!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I really like KB must of the staff care about the people instead of the sale, I least that's what I felt. Thanks so much to everybody how help us to have our home and let us be part of KB Home family.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Carpet with upgrade doesn't have good quality. No HOA information received from either KB Home or HOA. It has been three weeks and every time I call HOA, the operator just said, "Wait for the Welcome Package" with no additional information. There is delay for buyer to set up privacy gate registration etc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

It had been a great experience buying my first house with KB. I highly recommend KB to all my relatives and friends, since the first time KB staff demonstrated honesty and integrity. They also are very knowledgeable about all the steps I needed to take throughout my home purchase. Finally, they always provided timely response and follow through to all my questions or requests. KB met its commitments to me, I am very satisfied with the quality of my home and I recognize all the KB staff for providing me an outstanding service. Thank you KB Home!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We are very happy and satisfied with our beautiful home from KB, we are very pleased with our buying experience, all staff are friendly, hard-working and professionals. Highly Recommended! Thumbs-up to KB.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My overall experience with KB Home was satisfactory and I would recommend them to my friends and family if they wanted to buy a house. The pricing was fair and the build quality was outstanding, though KB Home should be more flexible with their homes and give customers more choices.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

KB from beginning to end was completely amazing in this giant process. Every person that helped was amazing from Tori, to Stefani at design, Bill in construction and Robert with lending. I cannot say enough how much we appreciate KB has done. I never felt alone.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Great, had a wonderful experience with all KB. People, they're great, very professional, helped us put together a very beautiful home, very happy customers, would highly recommend KB Homes and entire staff!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Miguel went over our expectation to make our dream come to the best experience! Also after we move he always been around to make sure that everything is ok. We do recommend him to everyone. He is the best!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Overall I am really happy with the customer service I received in this buying process from the sales agent & the construction team did a good job. But I was extremely disappointed from the KB loan department, took extremely long time with my loan process and to have them at the end refusing to approve my loan because of the fact we have same last name as my realtor agent. A lot of people have common last name but that doesn't mean they are all related.

Also the fact the underwriter & the loan supervisor were so lazy that they were requesting the same things/information as the other person had asked in the same email a day before showed the fact that they lacked proper communication with each other. At times I was really angry & frustrated but thanks to Misty for always making sure the things didn't get out of control & had me assured that things will be ok & gave me a different loan company that really speeded the process and finally after a month & half later from the original promised date, we finally got our home. Again I am thankful for Misty & great work ethic to help with this process.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My experience has been good. Everything went smooth and the people I dealt with Leeca **, Joel **, Luis **, were all fantastic. They all knew the process very well and took care of any issues that came up. I didn't have to do anything but pick the lot, floor plan, studio items, and walk throughs in order to get the house built. The financing process was quite easy and they asked for all documents in far enough advance that I didn't have to wait to close.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

As a first time home owner, KB Home made this experience a very pleasant one. The staff was great to work with and I was very pleased with the outcome and timeliness. I'd definitely recommend KB Home!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We are quite happy with KB Home for delivering our house on time as promised. KB Home genuinely cares about their customer's satisfaction. This is our 2nd home built by KB Home and we highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Buying and building this KB Home in Legato has been an amazing experience. The Deborah our sales agent is so great! Great energy and always checking in giving updates. Ken ** our superintendent is AMAZING! This house is the cleanest build I've ever seen. All the houses in the subdivision are so clean under the sheetrock it's ridiculous. And the finished product is outstanding! I have yet to find any issues with the house. Very satisfied home owner here.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Thank you David for answering all our questions even when you were off. Often times we forgot that you worked weekends and we would call you on your days off, you always answered. We were anxious first time brand new homebuyers and you made us just "relax". Mike, you're a blessing. We know I drove you crazy with my concerns, you had me just "breathe". "Everything would work out for the best you would say" and it did. Brian - Wow, what to say. I would not trade places with you. Thank you for your patience and understanding everything. How often does one have a job one day and lose it the next in the middle of a home purchase? Happy with your support staff in Nadine and Vicki as well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The ease of working with the KB Staff was exceptional. From start to finish, professionalism. After having two homes built before having this KB Home built and having to deal with delays because manpower shortages or material shortages, that was not an issue with KB, We actually enjoyed the whole process and got a beautiful home completed on scheduled and cheaper than what we thought we would pay. Our home is what we expected and no hidden cost or over budget issues. Going to one place to choose all of your selections granite, lights, plumbing fixtures, shingles, brick, paint and so on was one of the best experiences we had.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

From start to finish our experience with KB Home was amazing. Being a first time home buyer, and having zero experience in what to expect from buying a new construction home the KB experience was aces. Everything, every step, every process was explained with ZERO surprises along the way. Staff was very friendly and took as much time needed to answer everything we threw at them. They never once made us feel like we were just "another sale". I liked that in our neighborhood there was a zero upgrade model home to look at, which gave us a real perspective of what to expect at an entry level price point. Bottom line you can't go wrong with KB home.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

KB Home did an excellent job in constructing our property. Sales, design center and construction were great in explaining the process thoroughly. KB Home really need to work on home mortgage process to give the buyers an honest approach as we had trouble with the mortgage process.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

The area is beautiful, I would love to live there, the park and water are a bonus. The sales counselor Jennifer ** was very friendly and helpful. I would have no problems working with her. There was no homes except for one (1) model so I cannot provide an opinion on the community. I was turned off by the high HOA on a community that has no amenities. I would not want to spend more than $50.00 p/m and was told it would be about $80.00, too high. Thank you for the food!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

KB has an outstanding sales staff, loan officer and building superintendent. They deliver as promised. Need to pay closer attention to details. Good product for the money and great attention to energy efficiency.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Could not have been better. It's my first house and KB team made it super simple and effective. They are knowledgeable and very responsive. I had great experience purchasing my first home and would definitely recommend KB Home.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Before I purchased a KB home I had read some bad reviews of KB Homes. My experience with KB Homes has been great. The sales staff, design studio staff and construction were all great. I am happy with the quality of the construction and the price. I love my new home.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Picking out your home and all the upgrades and watching it being built from the ground up is thrilling. On top of that the ability to walk through it and talk with the construction supervisor about your home was just so great. This was a fun process and I'm so glad we chose KB Home to build our first home! This was a great experience!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Overall, our experience in the purchase and building of our home was excellent. We appreciate all the individuals we worked with as the process progressed. Everyone contributed in one way or another for a finished product. Success was guaranteed from the very start. Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Very pleased with KB Home. Starting with the Sales Rep being professional and courteous which sets the tone of starting the home building process. Taking a visit to the Home Studio where you deal with professional staff that assist you on making your home beautiful from the inside out. Next, having a Construction Superintendent that is knowledgeable and can explain the building process thoroughly. Having a loan officer that can answer your questions and if they don’t have the answer taking the time to research and get you the answer. Then finally after closing, your Construction's Superintendent and Sales Rep stop by to make sure that you are settling in okay and that you don’t have any issues with your new home. Great and exciting experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

First lesson to learn is never even look at a new house without an agent. We made that mistake and we were in trouble already at the beginning of the process. Initially when we looked at the house we thought it was little high, however when the lady at the model home contacted us back they had dropped the price a little for end of the year close. She sent me a text. In the text it says (and I have the text as proof) "We have a 4br 2ba single story home for $319,990 and we have a lot for it". So we went there and she said she needed a $5000 deposit to secure the lot, and lock in the price. So we cut them a check and they ran our numbers through finance and we got our pre-approval.

About a week later the check cashed and we were invited to go to the design center and pick out our options. Upon arriving at the design center the lady said, "Let me pull up your information." When she pulled up our information it said that the total cost of the house was $323,990. I said, "Wait a minute. That's $4000 more than we were quoted!" So then she pulled up the screen that showed our pre-approval and it said that we were pre-approved for $319,990. This did not make any sense, we already paid them 5000 so the total should have been 314,990 left. So we contacted the lady at the model house and she said that was because there was a lot premium of $4000 but in the email it said that she had lots for the house. She said, "Well you have to put your house somewhere. Haha. Lol."

She said the base price is $319,990. I said, "So you can't get the base model for $319,000." She said, "Yes you do." I said, "Where are they gonna put the house, are you gonna build it in the air?!" It has to sit somewhere. So basically they used the word "Premium" as their excuse to charge us $4000 extra dollars instead of telling me up front in the text, "Hey we have a house and a lot and the cost is $323,990 not $319,990+$4000," and she never did make it clear. We thought the $5000 deposit was coming off $319,000 not $323,990. Never was that clear until after they cashed our $5000 deposit, and at that point if you want out they will keep that money, and if you're doing the math and wonder what happened to the other $1000 I have no idea. My wife and I are now considering walking away and contacting a lawyer if they don't resolve this issue.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

We were excited to finally be able to build our dream house. At first the experience was great. Slowly the communication stopped. We had so many delays.

After we finally closed on our home, the same day we moved it we had a large leak in the master bedroom. Our closet was flooded. They repaired it and it happened again. We've had so many issues. Our wall in our master bath is crooked and we were told they wouldn't do anything" due to they would have to tear down the entire shower. Today we've discovered a crack running from our dining room to our kitchen. The tile has actually cracked in the kitchen and is moving towards our stove. We checked the master bath and we have a crack forming there. This entire experience has been horrible. We had chosen KB because their reviews were good. We should have taken the time to speak to people in the neighborhood prior to purchasing.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My experience was pretty bad when my loan officer stop communicating with me by phone calls, emails and text messages. My experience started getting even worse because my sales rep didn't communicate about my 10x10 slab. There was no communication with the sales team and construction team on what was going on. The only reason why we decided to stay with KB was: 1) Laura provided us a great experience. 2) Lori ** for assisting us with our issues and meeting us halfway with our closing cost.

KB Home expert review by Joseph Truini

KB Home offers customized homes and specializes in allowing buyers to control most aspects of the design process.​

• Built-to-order services: Users can specify exactly what they want their home to look like during the ordering process, right down to the cabinet door knobs.

• Available in many areas: Currently, KB Home builds homes in the District of Columbia and seven states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Texas.

• Personal design consultation demystifies the custom-build process: Consumers discuss their preferences and get pricing information to build a designer home that meets their budgetary requirements.

• Models can be seen on a walk-in basis: Prospective buyers can drop into the KB Design Studio nearest them to view options whenever it's convenient; an appointment is only needed when they are ready to buy.

• Home customization can be rolled into mortgages: Most of the building costs are covered by the buyer’s mortgage after purchase.

• Best for: KB Homes is best for people who are on a budget, but still want to customize their home; people with special needs and requirements, highly independent people and environmentalists.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

KB Home Company Information