Call toll free
4.44/5
Based on 179 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for four straight years and a WaterSense® Partner of the Year for four consecutive years. A FORTUNE 1,000 company, Los Angeles-based KB Home was the first homebuilder listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and trades under the ticker symbol "KBH." For more information about KB Home's new home communities, call 888-KB-HOMES or visit www.kbhome.com.

KB Home Gallery (2)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

879 KB Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

I have never had a home built from the ground up, but I feel that this has been a good experience and everyone on staff fits their job well for the company. Starting with sales and moving on to the final walk through.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 20, 2018

In general, I want to express my satisfaction and experience with KB Home. I believe that KB Home is a company of excellence with an attentive, helpful, friendly and collaborative staff for each of its clients. Due to my experience, I always seek to satisfy and supply each one of the needs of its clients, so that each family has a pleasant and reliable home. Therefore, I recommend to each and every one of the employees of KB home that they continue to offer a quality service to each of their clients, just as they did with me and my family.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Fantastic and a great place to live. KB Home do beautiful work. Nice and friendly staff. Nice and friendly construction crew. Sales was very helpful and at the end of the day with the blessing of God they gave me a beautiful home.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Sales team amazing, lenders are barely satisfactory, building quality could be better, home is beautiful but the quality of materials used is not the best. Overall it was an okay experience. Closing date kept changing and this was by far the most frustrating part.

Original review: July 20, 2018

The price is decent, but overall workmanship is not good. KB could have done better on floor plan and design, a lot part were left for home owner to fix later on. KB Home never provide option to fix the issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have purchased a new home build prior and my experience with KB was far more professional and positive. I really appreciate the clear and concise language all staff are. Your homes are built with quality.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My experience with KB Home was enjoyable as I appreciate that all partners involved went from the beginning to the end. I did not question the status on the sale, builder, or lender because I was kept in constant contact with each party. They also kept each other informed which helped in case I spoke to any of them and they were able to relay the message. This is my second home purchase, but my first construction home and it was a much easier process when working with the KB Home team.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Again... my only issue was with the sales staff. There were things that they were suppose to tell me and was not told until studio time. Had issues with incentives that were promised to me and then almost denied to me. Just things like that.

Original review: July 2, 2018

It was a grate community. I like that we where able to pick our floor plans. And that we have options to upgrade the design of the house to our family needs. This was a good price property. This seems to be a good community for our young family.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am completely satisfied with the whole experience. Amy, Josh and Darin went above and beyond to make sure that I was a happy KB Homeowner! If anyone out there is looking for a quality home with a "custom feel" for a reasonable price in a nice neighborhood, choose KB. You won't be disappointed! :)

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am glad I went with KB because when I hear stories from friends that went with other builders, my experience was by far the best! I get to brag about the relationships I built in the process of me purchasing my home.

Original review: June 28, 2018

We bought a KB home two years ago... We had a small ranch, built to order for over half a million dollars. The landscaping is the cheapest they can put into the homes and so are the plumbing fixtures. But we can replace those and live with that. Our lot was across from an open area that we were promised was going to look like a "park." What we got is a "native" grass weed lot that matches any intercity vacant lot I have ever been to. When we go to the meetings to complain, we are told though... "That's what the city approved and that's all we are going to do." They lied to us and they will lie to you. Good luck if you don't heed this warning.

Original review: June 27, 2018

From our first visit to the sales office we knew we were going with KB. Michelle treated us like family. She was very professional and extremely patient with us. The houses are beautiful and the staff is amazing. Extremely happy with the entire experience from beginning to end.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We are very happy with our KB Home. We search all over Duvall, Saints John's & Clay County Florida to find a home with everything we wanted and their only place we were able to find their Quality and Value was KB HOMES Forrest Hammock in Clay County Florida.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Being able to choose everything we wanted in our first home was great. With the help of all the different staff members our entire home purchase from design to construction to completion went very smoothly.

Original review: June 26, 2018

KB made our first home buying experience wonderful and easy. They were very helpful in answering any questions through the entire process, they mapped out exactly how the timeline would be and who you would report to. KB was wonderful to work with and I'm glad to call a KB house our home.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Our buying experience with KB has been amazing! We will refer KB to our friends and families. The home construction/buying process was much easier than we expected. We are grateful and appreciative of the KB staff for the ease of the home buying process.

Resolution response: June 29, 2018

I now realize my comments are unwarranted and presumptuous. I should have reached out to a manager before writing this review. Once I spoke with a manager, KB resolved all matters quickly and effectively; they actually went beyond my expectations. THANK YOU KB AND DIANA!

Original review: June 24, 2018

I actually thought using a large and well known company such as KB would provide my wife and I protection in an area (home loan) we had little knowledge. BE CAREFUL. Not knowing that the shorter time you "locked" your rate, the lower the rate. Because we will pay for our home for 30 years, ummmm, this is pretty important. Our KB rep, Doug, sent us a rate and estimated mortgage, tax and insurance monthly amount. We understood this was an estimate and also understood this estimate wouldn't be perfect. BUT, knowing our home wouldn't close escrow for 90-days, Doug provided us what was called a "21-day-lock."

Two weeks later we receive a rate a FULL POINT higher. You see, it was simply a means of keeping us moving forward, while Doug absolutely KNEW that rate was incorrect the day he sent it. Now we've sold our home and are stuck unless we want to break our word with the lovely people buying our home. We would not do that because we gave them our word. KB, can't you? I don't expect you to adjust our rate (770 credit score!), I simply expect you to provide the same "credit" you give us to use your dishonest people so we can go deal with an honest company with your same guarantee we were counting on. We'll see if they can step up...

Original review: June 23, 2018

My experience with the staff and all the contractors was great. I have met some of the neighbors are very nice people and I’m very satisfied with the craftsmanship of my home and the overall staff, I would recommend KB Home to friends and family.

Original review: June 23, 2018

KB does not only provide quality homes but also quality service and quality staff. The customer service is outstanding and the satisfaction of the customer is their top priority. It was a very pleasant experience to buy KB Home and their staff makes it even more worthwhile.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Great experience. I love my new house. Everything is in perfect conditions. They do it in the time that they tell us was going to be ready for us. Thanks to Alex and Chris you do an amazing job. I don't have enough words to thank both of you for all the time and the compromise that you have with us. Both of you solve any little issue that we need. Thanks.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I looked at three builders in my home purchase journey, I selected KB Home because of the sales staff and later the home delivery staff. I had a tight timeline due to issues with a previous offer that ended being too close to a sinkhole. I was tired when I began my talk with KB Home and thought I would delay my home purchase for a year. However the professionalism, positiveness, solution minded, and care given to me as a customer won me over. Although my experience with the lending side was not great, I would still recommend KB Home.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Excellent service. They listened to their customer. Overall, we have an outstanding experience with KB Home and they made sure we are happy and they fixed a lot of minor stuff in the house after we moved in even if these minor problems were a result of our moving in stuff and furnitures but they were happy to fix it for us because their ultimate goal is for their customer to be happy of the house they sold to us. Awesome! Highly commendable to all homebuyers out there! Special mention to Sandy, Charles, and Martin-they are all great and asset to the KB Homes!!!

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were very happy with the experience. We had minimal issues and for the most part. We were very happy with everyone we had to deal with. There were only a couple small hiccups with the design center and during the building process but nothing that wasn't resolved. Anytime you build something like this you can expect a few issues. We're very happy with our new home.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My experience was fascinating to watch the entire home come up from this process. It makes us feel proud and to be able to select all the essentials from the inside to the outside to make it to what we desire. Especially that you will be the first owner to live in this incredible home you can call your own it's PRICELESS!

Original review: June 23, 2018

KB is a really great company, we really enjoyed our overall experience from start to finish. I couldn't get funding through KB and that really bothered me. Everything else was awesome. Thank you very much and we are extremely satisfied with our purchase.

Original review: June 23, 2018

This is our third home purchase and I can honestly say it has been the best one. KB Home is a great company that builds dream homes for families such as mine. As a veteran of the armed forces, I was very happy to use my VA certificate with this purchase. My family is beyond happy with this house and we feel very blessed to be in it. All thanks to the wonderful staff that was assigned to us. We have no doubt that all our neighbors shared the same experience and we are glad to be part of this group now.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I was very satisfied with everything. Everybody that was involved was very friendly and knowledgeable and I would definitely recommend others to purchase a home with KB. I am extremely happy with my house.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My overall experience with KB has been fantastic! The open lines of communication throughout the entire process has been very refreshing. Our home is very beautiful and exactly what we expected and helped to design.

Original review: June 20, 2018

All of the associates at KB were positive, professional, and caring. We had a wonderful first-time home-buying experience with KB. We always felt like we were treated fairly and that all our wants and needs were met throughout the entire process.

KB Home expert review by Joseph Truini

KB Home offers customized homes and specializes in allowing buyers to control most aspects of the design process.​

• Built-to-order services: Users can specify exactly what they want their home to look like during the ordering process, right down to the cabinet door knobs.

• Available in many areas: Currently, KB Home builds homes in the District of Columbia and seven states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Texas.

• Personal design consultation demystifies the custom-build process: Consumers discuss their preferences and get pricing information to build a designer home that meets their budgetary requirements.

• Models can be seen on a walk-in basis: Prospective buyers can drop into the KB Design Studio nearest them to view options whenever it's convenient; an appointment is only needed when they are ready to buy.

• Home customization can be rolled into mortgages: Most of the building costs are covered by the buyer’s mortgage after purchase.

• Best for: KB Homes is best for people who are on a budget, but still want to customize their home; people with special needs and requirements, highly independent people and environmentalists.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

KB Home Company Information