2. Homeowners

4.5/5 (583 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About KB Home

Enjoy a new home uniquely built just for you. With KB, customers have the ability to personalize their new home with design options that fit their lifestyle and budget. Homebuyers also have a partner every step of the way.

Pros

• Online design studio
  • Variety of floor plans
  • Many communities in eight states
  • Personalizations available

Cons

• Charges HOA fees
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

KB Home is a highly rated home builder that sells customizable homes in communities in eight states. It has a variety of floor plans and price points, and it provides an online design studio for more personalization.

Top KB Home Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We have had so much fun with this process. It is exciting to see it go up and see choices you have made come to life. Those who worked on our house overcame the pandemic and built...

Verified

KB Home builds an excellent home, delivers on time, and it is always and exceptional value! I've both lived in a KB Home and used for an investment property and in both use cases,...

What is KB Home?

KB Home is a home builder that offers innovative designs, personalized floor plans and flexible pricing on new homes. Its designers work with homebuyers in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington.

You choose your floor plan, your community, the homesite and desired customizations, and KB Home takes care of the rest. Its homes are energy-efficient and designed to your specifications. Financing is available through a lending affiliate, and the company also works with standard mortgages.

KB Home floor plans

The first step to building a home with KB Home is exploring its online galleries, tours and floor plans to find the perfect home for you. KB Home's floor plans are available in a variety of sizes and configurations with flexible living spaces and from two to six bedrooms.

KB Home’s online design studio shows all the personalization options available, such as lighting, flooring and cabinets. Once you’re satisfied its portfolio is right for you, schedule a consultation with one of its designers to learn more about the building process, your options and pricing.

KB Home prices

New construction homes from KB Home typically cost between $180,000 and $500,000. Factors like the location, floorplan and customizations affect the total cost. Your KB Home designer will ensure you meet your homebuying budget, whether you’re looking for a starter home or a multimillion-dollar mansion.

KB Home prioritizes affordability, so there are many ways to save on costs during the building process, including some free personalizations and design options. Schedule a consultation for a customized quote. Its lending partner, KBHS Home Loans, offers financing for qualified home buyers.

KB Home FAQ

Does KB Home sell good homes?
KB Home is a reputable home builder with positive reviews from homebuyers. You can view pictures and virtual walkthroughs on its website for a better idea of the quality of homes offered.
Does KB Home have HOA fees?
KB Home sells houses in communities that typically have HOA fees. Ask during your initial consultation which fees are associated with the communities you’re interested in.
How much are KB Home upgrades?
Many KB Home upgrades are offered at no additional cost. However, for premium upgrades, you can work with a home designer to customize the home’s fixtures and features to your needs.
Who owns KB Home?
KB Home is a publicly traded company. As of 2020, Jeffrey T. Mezger is the CEO of the company.
Do KB Home houses come with appliances?
Yes, your home can be customized with specific appliances. The company typically offers Whirlpool appliances, but you can visit one of its design studios to learn more about available options.

Is KB Home a good builder?

KB Home is a legitimate, well-known home builder with a strong portfolio of customizable new homes. Its communities typically have homeowners associations that charge fees and may not be right for every homeowner. KB Home builds in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington. Schedule a consultation for pricing and customization information.

KB Home Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Our overall satisfaction with KB Homes is beyond the highest rate there is. We are first time home buyers and the staff of KB helped us in ways that we will be forever grateful. Especially, Maria **. Maria ** or "Yoyo" was primarily our sales staff. She went above and beyond assisting us with our needs before our escrow, before we moved in and even after we moved in. No matter what time of the day we email her, the response was always prompt. Her accommodating personality was one of the reasons why we love our house and the community the first time we saw it when it was still in the market. She took us in even if we didn't have an appointment and it was still the peak of the pandemic, so we could see the model the house. Attitude that a first time home buyer really needs from the sales staff especially that they are the front liners.

Now we already moved in the house, Yoyo still helps us with everything that we need including connecting us to the right people with any concern that we have. We felt that Yoyo was like a family with how much she took care of us in our entire journey in purchasing our home. She has the right traits and personality and beyond.

The Design Studio staff were great in helping us navigate the design options that we have. Now we are so in love with how our house end up in terms of the design. They were also prompt in responding to any of our concerns. The variety of options that we have in Design Studio makes us feel that we designed our own home. A personal touch that some builders do not have. Now our house look so much like our dream home that we only used to see whenever we're watching those home improvement shows in HGTV. Funny but we are so in love with our house.

Their construction staff, David ** and Rudy ** were the best people in their line of job. David ** never missed to update us when our house was still in the construction process. Rudy ** on the other hand helped us so much when we already moved in. Rudy and David were always prompt in responding to our inquiries. They are very professional and assisted us even when we have a question in drilling to our walls to put up some decors. We were scared to puncture some electrical wirings or water pipe and they gave us very reassuring advices. I never thought that they will still be as helpful even after we moved in. We didn't feel left out.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2021

We had a good overall experience with the KB team. Despite the delays, we were happy with the final product. The wait did seem awfully long, but we were appreciate the KB team's effort in getting us into our home. The sales team was friendly and responsive- we worked with Delena and she helped us on a weekly basis with updates; the design center was helpful in getting us the home we wanted within our budget- there were an infinite amount of options to choose from; the construction team explained why the delays were occurring. Guy helped us with our home orientation and discussed our home and its features; the warranty team was very helpful getting all the fixes done in a timely manner. Norman was very diligent in getting the home repairs done quickly and to our satisfaction;.

However, we had a horrible experience with the KB lenders. Nothing was explained clearly. 4 different people worked on our loan and all 4 people did not communicate with each other, thus asking us for the same documents multiple times separately. We had everything lined up prior to my due date so that we were prepared to close without having to request further documentation while on Maternity/Paternity leave. We would request a call back from each individual and we had no communication in a timely matter. This was the only dissatisfying portion of our KB experience. But overall, now that we are in our home, we love it and it was all worth it.

Original review: June 26, 2021

A sales representative was very nice to answer my questions about KB Home, promptly informed us the progress of home building. I decided to buy a home from KB Home since price versus location and environment are good. Design studio experience were very good. He guided me every option in detail, explained the advantage and disadvantage kindly. So, I could choose the options that I needed while doing design selection meeting. They sent information every week by asking what we needed. They answered in detail and supported us regarding mortgage interest rate and helped us to adjust it very kindly and informatively. I was satisfied with their supports.

In every steps of building, the construction manager explained about progresses in weekly private meeting along with email and conference call meeting. especially, they carefully construct foundations with concrete with very good temperature at the time. Build manager checked very carefully if there were missing parts in every step and fixed it in right time. Construction steps were done in timely manner. Final touch-up was very good by checking every missing or defect parts. After closing, every broken part was touched by construction manager promptly.

Thanks KB Home for building my new home. Home was ready in every aspect, especially in air conditioning, waters, and so on. It was almost perfect. I am satisfied with warranty care staff. They fixed items that I asked by well-planned manner. Usually, they were fixed 2 days in average. This measure was eliminating the delay because of my out of town plan.

In overall, KB Home gives me a nice impression, especially in diligent building activities even in COVID-19 period. Building was done in time with good quality, especially in energy efficiency. The HERS� or Home Energy Rating System reported my home is 55 rating, which is lower the better. In average, new home's HERS score is 130.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I am beyond Blessed and grateful to have met my lovely friend Debbie ** here at Lake Lucerne. As a recommendation from my realtor Wendy **..I met Debbie on a face time call because our family purchased from NY and from that moment we connected. She was absolutely wonderful, so friendly, welcoming, warm, professional and knowledgeable. She accommodated us every step of the way. Without Debbie's dedication our dream to own a home wouldn't have been possible. She helped choose the perfect lot (respecting our specifications). Debbie helped us pick our favorite home model even when we didn't have the confidence to choose the home we truly loved. She connected us with Kiel who was absolutely amazing with our loan and helped us get the best rates with the least stress I can possibly imagine.

Debbie filled my phone with beautiful messages, pictures and videos on a weekly basis to keep us in the loop. We felt as if we were truly there watching our home come together. KB homes is lucky to have such a great team member, who will soon become like family. I recommend you to come take a look at this beautiful community and ask for Debbie to help you with this process...You'll need a genuine person who will be on your side and I can honestly say Debbie will exceed your expectations. I will also like to give kudos to Edwin who did a wonderful job with our home. Our family is beyond grate and we're happy to say we're the happy homeowners of a KB home!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Please be more thorough in inspections and be sure you are delivering a safe home to families. Based on my experience I feel that the quality of work done is sub par and only saved by the customer service that I am receiving to remedy the issues. Some of my electrical was placed between the drywall and stud which should not have passed inspection. I am worried if there is anywhere else in the house where this mistake was made. I was trying to hang a picture when I drilled into wire that should not have been there. This caused a spark that also blew out my electricity in that part of the house. Had that been my wife or kids using a nail this could be a huge safety issue where I would have reached out to legal representation. To be honest I am still wary of the electrical in the home based on that experience and definitely makes me think twice about buying a KB home in the future or even referring a friend to KB.

When the home was delivered we were missing a light fixture. We also had quite a few things that were not delivered to expectations. We had several light switches that were crooked. We had a chip in our marble tub. There were also issues where texture on the walls and ceilings were not done correctly. We also still need touch up on the house, a lot of marks and spots on walls and baseboards. A lot of cracked tiles on my roof. Overall I am happy with Customer Care and Gary. I understand that this relationship will last longer than I had hoped as I am finding things that are not up to my standard every week. As long as he continues to deliver what is needed to fix the issues we are happy but that being said Gary has saved how I view KB.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

For first time home buyers, coming from out of state, we had a great experience from start to finish. Everyone was helpful in giving us answers to our questions. KB provided good resources and tools for us to be able to be aware of the process. They kept us informed on the progress of construction. We are happy with the service and the home from KB.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We loved the model we decided on. We enjoyed the honesty and respect of the Sales Staff and were very impressed by the Construction Team. The community is great and we have definitely noticed that the neighbors we have met are also very happy to be living in their KB homes.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Been over a month since I have spoken with customer service / warranty and have yet to be contacted for pending repairs. Quality of home is horrible. I have started to do repairs myself throughout the house. Paint missing throughout home, water leak, paint drips left on flooring 1st floor, door handles not fully installed and had to re adjust, some doors won't close due to improper installation & measuring, carpet on stairs improperly installed and had hold down spikes protruding causing injuries.

House repairs still pending

-Water leaking through 1st floor sliding door & window on rear left corner of home. Has caused water damage & mold.
    -1st floor bathroom drywall punctures that were never covered
    -Broken tile in the master bath
    -Exterior front yard lights that come on when nightfall / not working
    -Left & Right rear corner of house needs stucco painted
    -Living room ceiling plaster by ac vent falling
    -Washer room & master room doors won't close
    -Bottom bathroom door handle broken
    -No cold water in master shower
    -Master bathroom shower glass chipped
    -Master tub scratches
    -Front door painted partially only
    -Front yard needs gravel, 3x3ft of dirt exposed

-Multiple flat tires due to nails/screws left in the street around the home and throughout neighborhood

These are just some of the headaches I am currently dealing with. If this is what a new home from KB is supposed to be, then their standard is not good enough to be selling a new product. I have plenty of neighbors that are dealing with the same issues and you could always drop by and ask any new home buyer how's their experience going

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Buying with KB Home is a dream come to true. They made it very easy to get a house. Their staff is full of knowledge and shared their exceptional guidance throughout the process. Their finance department is very knowledgeable and professional to respond back for any inquiries.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

The home buying experience generally with KB homes was a very good one. We were kept informed during the various stages of construction and the closing process was very quick and easy. We had a couple of minor issues at final walk-through but they were taken care of to our satisfaction. Satisfied so far with KB.

KB Home Company Information