2. Homeowners

4.6/5 (579 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About KB Home

Enjoy a new home uniquely built just for you. With KB, customers have the ability to personalize their new home with design options that fit their lifestyle and budget. Homebuyers also have a partner every step of the way.

Pros

• Online design studio
  • Variety of floor plans
  • Many communities in eight states
  • Personalizations available

Cons

• Charges HOA fees
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

KB Home is a highly rated home builder that sells customizable homes in communities in eight states. It has a variety of floor plans and price points, and it provides an online design studio for more personalization.

Top KB Home Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We have had so much fun with this process. It is exciting to see it go up and see choices you have made come to life. Those who worked on our house overcame the pandemic and built...

Verified

KB Home builds an excellent home, delivers on time, and it is always and exceptional value! I've both lived in a KB Home and used for an investment property and in both use cases,...

What is KB Home?

KB Home is a home builder that offers innovative designs, personalized floor plans and flexible pricing on new homes. Its designers work with homebuyers in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington.

You choose your floor plan, your community, the homesite and desired customizations, and KB Home takes care of the rest. Its homes are energy-efficient and designed to your specifications. Financing is available through a lending affiliate, and the company also works with standard mortgages.

KB Home floor plans

The first step to building a home with KB Home is exploring its online galleries, tours and floor plans to find the perfect home for you. KB Home's floor plans are available in a variety of sizes and configurations with flexible living spaces and from two to six bedrooms.

KB Home’s online design studio shows all the personalization options available, such as lighting, flooring and cabinets. Once you’re satisfied its portfolio is right for you, schedule a consultation with one of its designers to learn more about the building process, your options and pricing.

KB Home prices

New construction homes from KB Home typically cost between $180,000 and $500,000. Factors like the location, floorplan and customizations affect the total cost. Your KB Home designer will ensure you meet your homebuying budget, whether you’re looking for a starter home or a multimillion-dollar mansion.

KB Home prioritizes affordability, so there are many ways to save on costs during the building process, including some free personalizations and design options. Schedule a consultation for a customized quote. Its lending partner, KBHS Home Loans, offers financing for qualified home buyers.

KB Home FAQ

Does KB Home sell good homes?
KB Home is a reputable home builder with positive reviews from homebuyers. You can view pictures and virtual walkthroughs on its website for a better idea of the quality of homes offered.
Does KB Home have HOA fees?
KB Home sells houses in communities that typically have HOA fees. Ask during your initial consultation which fees are associated with the communities you’re interested in.
How much are KB Home upgrades?
Many KB Home upgrades are offered at no additional cost. However, for premium upgrades, you can work with a home designer to customize the home’s fixtures and features to your needs.
Who owns KB Home?
KB Home is a publicly traded company. As of 2020, Jeffrey T. Mezger is the CEO of the company.
Do KB Home houses come with appliances?
Yes, your home can be customized with specific appliances. The company typically offers Whirlpool appliances, but you can visit one of its design studios to learn more about available options.

Is KB Home a good builder?

KB Home is a legitimate, well-known home builder with a strong portfolio of customizable new homes. Its communities typically have homeowners associations that charge fees and may not be right for every homeowner. KB Home builds in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington. Schedule a consultation for pricing and customization information.

KB Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: July 29, 2021

We had a good overall experience with the KB team. Despite the delays, we were happy with the final product. The wait did seem awfully long, but we were appreciate the KB team's effort in getting us into our home. The sales team was friendly and responsive- we worked with Delena and she helped us on a weekly basis with updates; the design center was helpful in getting us the home we wanted within our budget- there were an infinite amount of options to choose from; the construction team explained why the delays were occurring. Guy helped us with our home orientation and discussed our home and its features; the warranty team was very helpful getting all the fixes done in a timely manner. Norman was very diligent in getting the home repairs done quickly and to our satisfaction;.

However, we had a horrible experience with the KB lenders. Nothing was explained clearly. 4 different people worked on our loan and all 4 people did not communicate with each other, thus asking us for the same documents multiple times separately. We had everything lined up prior to my due date so that we were prepared to close without having to request further documentation while on Maternity/Paternity leave. We would request a call back from each individual and we had no communication in a timely matter. This was the only dissatisfying portion of our KB experience. But overall, now that we are in our home, we love it and it was all worth it.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2021

A sales representative was very nice to answer my questions about KB Home, promptly informed us the progress of home building. I decided to buy a home from KB Home since price versus location and environment are good. Design studio experience were very good. He guided me every option in detail, explained the advantage and disadvantage kindly. So, I could choose the options that I needed while doing design selection meeting. They sent information every week by asking what we needed. They answered in detail and supported us regarding mortgage interest rate and helped us to adjust it very kindly and informatively. I was satisfied with their supports.

In every steps of building, the construction manager explained about progresses in weekly private meeting along with email and conference call meeting. especially, they carefully construct foundations with concrete with very good temperature at the time. Build manager checked very carefully if there were missing parts in every step and fixed it in right time. Construction steps were done in timely manner. Final touch-up was very good by checking every missing or defect parts. After closing, every broken part was touched by construction manager promptly.

Thanks KB Home for building my new home. Home was ready in every aspect, especially in air conditioning, waters, and so on. It was almost perfect. I am satisfied with warranty care staff. They fixed items that I asked by well-planned manner. Usually, they were fixed 2 days in average. This measure was eliminating the delay because of my out of town plan.

In overall, KB Home gives me a nice impression, especially in diligent building activities even in COVID-19 period. Building was done in time with good quality, especially in energy efficiency. The HERS� or Home Energy Rating System reported my home is 55 rating, which is lower the better. In average, new home's HERS score is 130.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I am beyond Blessed and grateful to have met my lovely friend Debbie ** here at Lake Lucerne. As a recommendation from my realtor Wendy **..I met Debbie on a face time call because our family purchased from NY and from that moment we connected. She was absolutely wonderful, so friendly, welcoming, warm, professional and knowledgeable. She accommodated us every step of the way. Without Debbie's dedication our dream to own a home wouldn't have been possible. She helped choose the perfect lot (respecting our specifications). Debbie helped us pick our favorite home model even when we didn't have the confidence to choose the home we truly loved. She connected us with Kiel who was absolutely amazing with our loan and helped us get the best rates with the least stress I can possibly imagine.

Debbie filled my phone with beautiful messages, pictures and videos on a weekly basis to keep us in the loop. We felt as if we were truly there watching our home come together. KB homes is lucky to have such a great team member, who will soon become like family. I recommend you to come take a look at this beautiful community and ask for Debbie to help you with this process...You'll need a genuine person who will be on your side and I can honestly say Debbie will exceed your expectations. I will also like to give kudos to Edwin who did a wonderful job with our home. Our family is beyond grate and we're happy to say we're the happy homeowners of a KB home!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Please be more thorough in inspections and be sure you are delivering a safe home to families. Based on my experience I feel that the quality of work done is sub par and only saved by the customer service that I am receiving to remedy the issues. Some of my electrical was placed between the drywall and stud which should not have passed inspection. I am worried if there is anywhere else in the house where this mistake was made. I was trying to hang a picture when I drilled into wire that should not have been there. This caused a spark that also blew out my electricity in that part of the house. Had that been my wife or kids using a nail this could be a huge safety issue where I would have reached out to legal representation. To be honest I am still wary of the electrical in the home based on that experience and definitely makes me think twice about buying a KB home in the future or even referring a friend to KB.

When the home was delivered we were missing a light fixture. We also had quite a few things that were not delivered to expectations. We had several light switches that were crooked. We had a chip in our marble tub. There were also issues where texture on the walls and ceilings were not done correctly. We also still need touch up on the house, a lot of marks and spots on walls and baseboards. A lot of cracked tiles on my roof. Overall I am happy with Customer Care and Gary. I understand that this relationship will last longer than I had hoped as I am finding things that are not up to my standard every week. As long as he continues to deliver what is needed to fix the issues we are happy but that being said Gary has saved how I view KB.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

When I was ready to purchase my first home I was a bit nervous about the process of building a new home. I took my time to go and see all the builders in the Manor TX area knowing I want my house built there. I went 3 other builders around the Manor area KB Home was my 4th builder to visit and once I came in to their model home and meet Cevero in sale office he welcome me in. I told him I was looking to purchase a home in the area so he handed me the key to their 4 model homes and said, "Go into all 4 and take your time look around and I will follow up with you in few minutes."

It was something the other 3 builders had not done for me. Their sales person was always right next to me. Made me feel like they were pushing me and rushing me to purchase from them which I walked away from all 3. So that same very day I signed a contract with Cevero and now 5 months after I'm here enjoying my brand new very well built KB home. I really recommend any new homeowner to make KB homes their first stop and save your selfs time.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Buying a house with KB Home is a great advantage, you have a great accompaniment from the moment of the visit to the office and throughout the process, in the construction and especially with the documents.

Original review: July 22, 2021

From start to end, the experience was a brand new process. Everyone on each team made it a safe place to ask questions as a first time home buyer. We really appreciated this and felt everyone had our best interest as a priority.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Belynda you are one of a kind and the center of it all. Thanks for settling my horses when things was rough. KB without her I can see how you all could carry on. She's one of a kind in such a special way. Thank you. Give her a raise!!!! She is welled desiring of it.

Original review: July 21, 2021

When I first chose to have a home built through KB, I was a little nervous to work with a "big box" builder. Throughout the process, they definitely changed my perspective. The customer service was exceptional from the sales team to the construction team. I always felt I was part of the build process because the communication was so consistent and detailed. The response time for questions was very quick, usually within hours, not days. I would definitely recommend KB to others.

Original review: July 21, 2021

The home was not ready at time of closing but we had to close on the home anyway. KB did not fix the items we asked at the final walkthrough to the level one would expect. It was like they wanted to close on the property so they didn't have to work on it anymore and get their money.

KB Home Company Information