toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was the first time my wife and I were buying a house and KB Home made that experience more than what we even asked for. We were prepared for the whole process to be long, drawn out, and horrible. We had heard things about KB that weren't so great so we were a little nervous going into it. But none of those things proved to be true with our experience. KB Home did an outstanding job beginning from when we first signed the contract to when they gave us the key at closing. It was awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Homes has a commitment to excellence. They employ professional and knowledgeable people. The foreman and construction workers were very polite and informative throughout the experience. I would highly recommend KB Home to anyone. It was an experience that we will never forget.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My overall experience was great from beginning to end. Everybody was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They were right there when I called at any time. Everything was great. Overall it was a wonderful experience dealing with KB to get my home started and finished. KB is the way to go.

Great communication and experience! We really enjoyed working with the design team and the construction manager. Any questions or concerns were answered and dealt with quickly. Often times the construction manager already was resolving an issue when we brought it to his attention.

My experience with KB Home was very positive. I was worried about any bumps in the road but I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the whole process was. Any questions or concerns that we had were answered or resolved within 24-48 hours and if they weren't able to be answered or resolved during that time frame they ensured we knew they were working on the answer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Resolution In Progress

KB Home

KB Home has reached an agreement with the Town of Lexington pertaining to the streets in the Settlers Pointe community, and the town will be responsible for the roads and future repairs. Any information or questions about timeline of repairs will need to be directed to the Lexington staff.

KB Home

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My husband and I bought our home in 2010. Our street was one of the last built in our neighborhood and construction wrapped up in 2011. Shortly after, KB Homes left the state of South Carolina, which made it extremely difficult to contact anyone. We had to jump through hoops to get our 1 year walkthrough completed and have had multiple issues. Our garage door was not installed properly (which seems to be a consensus throughout the neighborhood) and does not work. The linoleum in our kitchen is peeling up and every time I vacuum, a ton of staples come out of our carpet. All of this is frustrating, but the biggest issue involves our neighborhood streets. When KB left the state, they did not properly turn the streets over to the Town. And we have spent over 2 years trying to get the potholes and sinkholes in our roads fixed. Because the roads were still privately owned, the Town could not repair the damage.

And now our homeowners have received notice from our schools that school buses are no longer going to drive on our streets to pick up the kids for school. The Town has been trying to contact KB for years and KB has done nothing to try to fix the issues, but instead have delayed the process as much as possible. The Town has a bond out for KB Homes and will not be able to begin temporary fixes but will not be able to permanently fix the roads until KB pays the money for the roads to the town. It is all a big mess and we are looking at possibly another year of nearly undrivable roads. It is dangerous to residents and visitors and of course, negatively affects our home values as well. KB Homes does not care and will not do anything to help even though they were the ones who contracted to have the roads put in in the first place.

Thank you Rob ** for taking the time to explain the Windrose in Fremont. He was patient in answering my questions and followed up with emails with no pressure for me buy. He truly understood what I was looking for in my next house.

If I could describe my overall experience with KB Home in one word, it would be exceptional. Every single person that I came in contact with was very helpful and friendly from Ray in the Sales office to Bill and Kullen in construction. Any and all questions that I had were answered promptly and thoroughly. As a first time home buyer we felt it was very important that we knew what was going on and your team did not let us down. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the team at KB is and we love our new home. Thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My home buying experience with KB Home has been fun and interactive. Working with the sales, construction, design and even the warranty service was all great. I hope the preferred lender has improved. In the meantime, I know that there's been some transition and hopefully they've received the training and there won't be any delays.

The sales staff are amazing. Open and friendly and always there to answer any question. The contractor and crews were very informative and friendly on site. I loved how interactive we were allowed to be in every aspect of the home buying experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB made first time home buying experience much easier, especially with new construction. I appreciated all the customer service that they provided making the buying experience a little bit easier for something that's normally super stressful. It was a thorough, fun and rewarding experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Overall, KB Home has quick, pleasant and friendly staff, answering any questions that were ever arising for us. Even though the lenders got switched halfway, they still tried to speed up the process.

It was a quick and easy buy and new build. Would definitely do it again, under the right circumstances. Everyone was very kind and knowledgeable in their respective departments. We only wish communication and follow through was a bit better with the construction staff and loan office.

Completely satisfied. The process of home buying was made easy for me by KB Homes. From the home inception to the finished product. What you had seen in the virtual tour comes close to the actual home that I now live in.

Overall our experience with KB homes was great. The design center was great like anything else you have to know our budget and our rep was great about telling us what was a good investment and would be ok to do later. Sale rep was great. Would send pictures anytime anything was done. The only downside is that it has now been 30 days since closing and we still have some touch ups that need to be done but I have been told that is normal. Sometimes it may take a while. They were very busy in November with closings.

As a first time buyer, was not really sure what to expect coming in, not only buying a house, but building one, and expecting there to be delays, and horror stories. I could not have been happier with KB and the whole experience. The house is very high quality, and the construction was completed ahead of schedule. Everyone involved made the process smooth and simple, just how home buying should be.

Great experience with my construction Manager William, Sales rep Georgina and customer and warranty specialist Davis **. As far as the loan process due to how David ** treated me I most say that I'm very disappointed.

KB Homes are beautiful homes. The whole process could have flowed better. However, now that we are in our new home we are very pleased with the end product. We liked being able to go to the KB Studio and giving our home our own personal touch.

My dealings with KB Home was a walk into the unknown for me. I was surprised at how everyone works together to make sure that I understand what is going on. Every step of the way I was informed by the staff as to what was happening now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home has a very efficient staff. Only thing is they should ensure when building a house that the community is secured for the residence. But overall, it's been an exciting and good experience with them.

It was a new experience for me buying a new home for the first time but it was worth it. Thank you KB for the opportunities to be a new home owner. I love my house. Thank you again. It was a difficult and great at the same time the process of buying a new home I will never forget. I will like to thanks all the personnel that was there for me at all time in this process. Happy new year to all at KB Home.

We really appreciate their professionalism and closing on time. Overall this was a very rewarding and exciting experience. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is definitely a 10. Thank you very much.

After initially looking at reviews for KB everything looked ok but after going through the process I can see how reviews are askew. After taking delivery of the home they bribe you with a free garage door opener (should be included??) to give them a favorable review. Years later more and more problems seem to arrive on a newer home. From water damage due to them not sealing any of the water areas in either bathroom to poor grading in the yard.

I got to say that this was the worse experience I have ever had buying a house. In our contract it said that we would have a pre-sheet rock inspection, which we were called to do but when we showed up we were informed that they had decided to sheet rock the house three days before. We had seeing some issues in our walkthroughs. We did and wanted it to be fixed before they put the sheet rock and we had some more questions, that was negated to us as they had put the sheet rock. The other issue was that in the master bathroom the tub and the shower were full with what looked like rain water, even though that this bathroom was in the first floor, there was also garbage in the master tub, we requested it to be replaced as it looked awful, they told us that they would clean them, and so they did but they were all scratched and we still requested them to be replaced.

Another issue was when we were at the design center selecting our upgrades and we decided to go with a fireplace we specifically asked if there was going to be a chimney, and where the chimney would be and after our design consultant spoke with someone in the office he came out and told us that there would be a chimney and the location for our fireplace/chimney. Well the construction team decided without consulting us to change the fireplace to a ventless fireplace, which eliminates the chimney. I did not wanted that, and I insisted that I wanted a chimney or I would not pay extra for a fireplace, which they had charged us more as it was going to be a regular one and the ventless are cheaper.

At the end we gave them the choice to either take the sheet rock off and give us our inspection or walk through as it said in the contract, or to give us a document where KB commits and takes responsibility to pay for any and all costs for any defect requiring going into the walls or covered behind the sheet rock, or our money back if they don't want to do any of the two options. During the week that upper management from KB was deciding on what to do we went again to see the house, and for my horror the master shower and tub that had been cleaned for our meeting with the construction manager now were filled with urine. There is no way I would ever be able to shower or bathe in that house after this.

They decided to give us our money back. Well that was over two months ago, almost going into three, and we have tried to get out almost $11K back from KB Homes and nobody has given us an answer. In essence they are keeping our money that we could use as down payment for another home since we are no longer doing construction with KB and they also are keeping the house. I don't know anymore who to call to get this resolved. It's Christmas time and we would love to have our almost $11K back but this people has decided to keep our money. I think we will have to take this to arbitration and make them pay for lawyers too. Do not buy a house with this dishonest people.

Buying a brand new home is supposed to be a wonderful experience. Our home buying has been the worst experience ever from day one. Our home was not ready when promised, so the date slipped. Then when the final walk was scheduled, we were asked if we could leave for about an hour or so. They said they were still cleaning the house. This was a lie. The double ovens and dishwasher hadn't even arrived yet. The tile in both bathrooms around the sink was being installed during our walk. We had never bought a new home before and didn't realize that we shouldn't have signed off on the home. We were guaranteed that everything that was wrong with the home would be fixed and not to worry about it. It appears they needed escrow to close that day. It was the last day of September.

We have had pipes leaking in the walls. Faucet that continue to drip. Shower doors that won't stay closed. The upgraded cabinets were poorly installed and scratched. The walls and ceiling are now starting to separate. Ceilings have had to be repainted. We paid extra money for paint. The paint they used is the worst quality I've ever seen. Many of the walls have been touched up. There are many more issues to deal with. I need a break from all this madness for Christmas and then we will start filing our claims again. We tried to email the Los Angeles corporate office, but all they did was send the email onto the superintendent's boss. We need help from the president of KB Homes at this point.

Overall experience with KB is excellent. They make sure our home is being constructed in their most professional way and being delivered on time. Because of KB home team, we were able to celebrate this year holiday in our new home.

We are two very happy homeowners!!! From the very start we were impressed. Entering the sales office and models, we fell in love with the Marlow plan. Our salesperson Kelly was very helpful. Our home buying experience was pretty easy from start to finish. Once construction started our superintendent kept us up-to-date and answered all our questions and put up with us on a weekly basis. We were very impressed with the quality that we received in our new home and couldn't be more pleased. Thank you.

We had a great experience with KB Homes. They delivered our home to our expectations. They were on top of things and made us feel like we can drop in and ask any questions at any time. Our home was actually finished one month ahead of schedule from the time we signed our contract, which was very nice.

Family orientated environment which helped to make our dreams come true. KB truly takes care of their customers and provides great results. Thank you KB for giving us the great opportunity and calling this place home!

Our reason for choosing to build with KB Home is not only because of the quality construction but the people we knew we would be working with. I'm a Realtor and have worked with many of the KB Home staff before. Customer service is #1 for us! Knowing we would be taken care of throughout the process was a huge relief during a stressful time for anyone building a new home.

KB Home Company Profile