toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was the first time my wife and I were buying a house and KB Home made that experience more than what we even asked for. We were prepared for the whole process to be long, drawn out, and horrible. We had heard things about KB that weren't so great so we were a little nervous going into it. But none of those things proved to be true with our experience. KB Home did an outstanding job beginning from when we first signed the contract to when they gave us the key at closing. It was awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Homes has a commitment to excellence. They employ professional and knowledgeable people. The foreman and construction workers were very polite and informative throughout the experience. I would highly recommend KB Home to anyone. It was an experience that we will never forget.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My overall experience was great from beginning to end. Everybody was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They were right there when I called at any time. Everything was great. Overall it was a wonderful experience dealing with KB to get my home started and finished. KB is the way to go.

Great communication and experience! We really enjoyed working with the design team and the construction manager. Any questions or concerns were answered and dealt with quickly. Often times the construction manager already was resolving an issue when we brought it to his attention.

My experience with KB Home was very positive. I was worried about any bumps in the road but I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the whole process was. Any questions or concerns that we had were answered or resolved within 24-48 hours and if they weren't able to be answered or resolved during that time frame they ensured we knew they were working on the answer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

I didn't expect to be a Homeowner this soon, but starting with Jenny, everyone at the design studio, Amanda at Primelending and Justin helped my dreams for my family come true and I am forever grateful.

The concrete in my basement utility room needs to be redone, it is inadequate, nonfunctional and unacceptable to me. My water softener leaked this weekend and due to the shoddy, unprofessional finishing of the concrete in that room, the water was shunted off into the wall which flooded my basement. I am now waiting on the restoration people to come and deal with the matter professionally. None of the leaked water drained into the drain in the center of the room, literally not one drop made it to the drain.

There is little point in having a center floor drain if the entire room does not slope downwards towards that drain, so the drain can actually drain away the water. I am getting the water softener issue address in a manner where it will not leak again. However I still have a water heater in that room and if there are ever issues with that, the current inadequate and incorrect design will flood my basement and destroy the new furniture I have down there.

Please call me ASAP to let me know how and when this issue will be addressed. No more water is going to spill into my basement that I have to pay to get properly cleaned up due to your lack of oversight and failure in assessing the finished product of your workers. If the drainage in that room had been tested it would have been immediately apparent that there was a problem. Yet here we are.

I cannot convey how deep my anger and frustration is over this, there is simply no excuse for this to have happened. None. I have built offices and homes, I recognize shoddy, rushed work done by unskilled workers who care nothing about the quality of their work when I see it. That's what I see when I see the job that was done on the floor of my utility room.

Our overall experience with KB Home is highly unsatisfactory, frustrating, and unpleasant. To relocate our home & businesses is in itself a challenging, hectic and stressful process. Purchasing a home should be a happy & worry-free time but this is not the case with KB Home. KB Home did not made us feel welcome!

My fiancee and I bought closed on a KB Home in May 2016. A hose in the kitchen that KB supplied and installed busted 5 months later!!! It flooded the entire house, except for one bedroom and one bathroom! The next day, KB had a few people including their preferred plumber come out to take a look at the damage, and they all stated the same thing... "Yeah, we put this here. It was obviously installed by us. It will be covered under warranty. No worries."

The following day, two men called me advising the damage was not going to be covered. I was in complete shock! They found every which way they could not to take fault for it because our damages were so extensive. We argued with them for about 5 hours... It got nowhere. They refused to honor their warranty and eventually stopped returning our phone calls. We had to make the decision of getting our homeowners insurance involved because we needed repairs to start asap.

The home was not livable after that. We could not live there for 2.5 months! KB sent us a letter during this time for a 6th month checkup/survey review wanting to be conducted. We called the number on the letter and the operator stated someone would be calling us back to schedule an appointment to come out and guess what...?? No one ever called back! We called two additional times requesting for someone to call us and still to this day, no one has called. I am extremely disappointed in the way KB has handled this entire situation and I am appalled that they would treat a customer with such ridiculously terrible service. I will never refer a friend or family member to KB ever because I would not want them to have to go through this hell of a nightmare! If I could rate as 0 stars I would...

Above and beyond expectations. The treatment over from the KB Home team was unexpected and gratifying. I was wonderful to see the care and dedication of everyone. Everyone made the purchase of the house a smooth transition. I was truly impressed.

Very grateful, happy and satisfied. This was a very smooth home buying process and I would recommend KB homes to family, friends and anyone who was interested in buying a home.

Jeremy ** was always available and handled all of my questions and concern in a very timely manner, even those outside of business hours and his daily work schedule. Ana ** took her time and was very patient with me and my family during all steps of the studio process. We seemed to have discussions and debates during EVERY area of the selections process Ms. ** kept a smile, was very knowledge about our selections, and offered great advice to resolve our issues. Edwin ** has been available and taken care of any issues I may have thought I had. He has always been patient and walked me through any steps I needed to understand the working of my new home. I am very pleased and have/would recommend this team to anyone.

This is our very first brand new home and the experience in purchasing was great. We love the quiet neighborhood that we live in and even though construction is happening the sites are very orderly and the workers seem professional hard working. We are satisfied with our purchase. Thank you Juvenal KB Home.

Sales was pretty decent, would not say 5 star decent as if I didn't directly follow up I almost never got a call back. Construction team never called once and there were multiple construction delays. Was not given closing costs until day of, after closing being moved 3 times, twice I was told on the same day it was scheduled.

Give KB an opportunity to surprise you; you'll be glad you did! We had an amazing experience and each person at every level, beginning to end, loved what they did. Thus, it made it very easy for to fall in love the process and ultimately our home. Kudos, cheers, and fond memories to come...

We had a great experience with all the staff and the process. Like I said earlier, I feel some of the small details of the home like trim and paint etc are not done to perfection. I have a perfectionist eye and those little imperfections do bug me.

We were very pleased with the product knowledge of the sales staff and the overall experience purchasing our home. After visiting with a lot of developments in the area KB made it easy to choose them. We would certainly recommend.

My experience has been nothing short of fantastic and hopefully with the some good numbers I will be a first time home buyer with KB homes. I have been assisted by Sweeta and she is phenomenal, knowledge, experience and customer courtesy is brilliant - I will recommend Kb homes and herself to all my friends and colleagues also in my community.

While KB builds a good home, if anything goes wrong, they will not follow up. For many months we have been trying to get 28 cracked, chipped tiles repaired. We have had dates set for repair, no show, repeated phone calls to the project manager (he's a joke) won't take any calls from us. Now there's a joke. And yesterday when talking to corporate, Brittany said WE need to go to Orlando to the only place that still has tiles. We have to pay for them, no reimburse them and then KB will fix all 28 tiles. Maybe. I would not ever recommend KB Homes to anyone EVER!

I am a second KB Home buyer. I was satisfied with my first purchase and decided to upgrade and get a larger house. I have had this house for 8 years and I am 100% dissatisfied. I started reporting problems the first year while the house was under warranty. The problems continued. I have reported roof leaks that KB did do some repairs on year 3 because they saw some issues with the quality. I reported more leaks and KB did send someone to repair but did repair the inside drywall problems. I have French doors that have been leaking for years into my house and KB will do nothing because it's past the warranty. I have had several contractors tell me that the outside should have an overhang to block rain or snow. KB sent out someone to fix the several leak in my roof. I asked them to look at the French doors and they told me that even if I replace the French doors the problem will happen again within a couple of years.

The solution is the overhang which KB didn't have in the design. Because of the water leaking into my house I have carpet damage along with the bottom of the door frame rotted. Not only do I have this damage but also cracks in my ceramic tile, stained drywall from the roof leaks, poorly insulated, stucco breaking off. This isn't the only house. I have seen several KB homes having roofs replace and having their house re stuccoed. Houses that are 8 years old and under should not be having to do major repairs.

I spent almost 400,000 on this house and have a poor quality built house. I strongly would never buy another KB home or recommend for someone else to buy. I asked KB to please fix the problems with my house and they did some repair to my roof but I know if I had an outside company come they would still find more problems. Usually a roof will last for at least 30 years. I can see if I bought a cheap house but I didn't. My previous KB home was a good home and that's why I decided to buy another. If I knew what I do now I would have bought from another builder. If someone could pass this up the ladder to KB corporate I would appreciate it. KB Colorado keep telling me that they will not help me and that I was lucky to receive the little bit of help that I did. If I could get some help especially with the door that is leaking into my house and had ruined my carpet.

Resolution In Progress

KB Home

KB Home has reached an agreement with the Town of Lexington pertaining to the streets in the Settlers Pointe community, and the town will be responsible for the roads and future repairs. Any information or questions about timeline of repairs will need to be directed to the Lexington staff.

KB Home

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My husband and I bought our home in 2010. Our street was one of the last built in our neighborhood and construction wrapped up in 2011. Shortly after, KB Homes left the state of South Carolina, which made it extremely difficult to contact anyone. We had to jump through hoops to get our 1 year walkthrough completed and have had multiple issues. Our garage door was not installed properly (which seems to be a consensus throughout the neighborhood) and does not work. The linoleum in our kitchen is peeling up and every time I vacuum, a ton of staples come out of our carpet. All of this is frustrating, but the biggest issue involves our neighborhood streets. When KB left the state, they did not properly turn the streets over to the Town. And we have spent over 2 years trying to get the potholes and sinkholes in our roads fixed. Because the roads were still privately owned, the Town could not repair the damage.

And now our homeowners have received notice from our schools that school buses are no longer going to drive on our streets to pick up the kids for school. The Town has been trying to contact KB for years and KB has done nothing to try to fix the issues, but instead have delayed the process as much as possible. The Town has a bond out for KB Homes and will not be able to begin temporary fixes but will not be able to permanently fix the roads until KB pays the money for the roads to the town. It is all a big mess and we are looking at possibly another year of nearly undrivable roads. It is dangerous to residents and visitors and of course, negatively affects our home values as well. KB Homes does not care and will not do anything to help even though they were the ones who contracted to have the roads put in in the first place.

Thank you Rob ** for taking the time to explain the Windrose in Fremont. He was patient in answering my questions and followed up with emails with no pressure for me buy. He truly understood what I was looking for in my next house.

If I could describe my overall experience with KB Home in one word, it would be exceptional. Every single person that I came in contact with was very helpful and friendly from Ray in the Sales office to Bill and Kullen in construction. Any and all questions that I had were answered promptly and thoroughly. As a first time home buyer we felt it was very important that we knew what was going on and your team did not let us down. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the team at KB is and we love our new home. Thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My home buying experience with KB Home has been fun and interactive. Working with the sales, construction, design and even the warranty service was all great. I hope the preferred lender has improved. In the meantime, I know that there's been some transition and hopefully they've received the training and there won't be any delays.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home had good customer service. We were kept informed throughout the whole process and I love the way our home came out. It was an excellent experience overall.

The sales staff are amazing. Open and friendly and always there to answer any question. The contractor and crews were very informative and friendly on site. I loved how interactive we were allowed to be in every aspect of the home buying experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB made first time home buying experience much easier, especially with new construction. I appreciated all the customer service that they provided making the buying experience a little bit easier for something that's normally super stressful. It was a thorough, fun and rewarding experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Overall, KB Home has quick, pleasant and friendly staff, answering any questions that were ever arising for us. Even though the lenders got switched halfway, they still tried to speed up the process.

It was a quick and easy buy and new build. Would definitely do it again, under the right circumstances. Everyone was very kind and knowledgeable in their respective departments. We only wish communication and follow through was a bit better with the construction staff and loan office.

Completely satisfied. The process of home buying was made easy for me by KB Homes. From the home inception to the finished product. What you had seen in the virtual tour comes close to the actual home that I now live in.

KB Home Company Profile