toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was the first time my wife and I were buying a house and KB Home made that experience more than what we even asked for. We were prepared for the whole process to be long, drawn out, and horrible. We had heard things about KB that weren't so great so we were a little nervous going into it. But none of those things proved to be true with our experience. KB Home did an outstanding job beginning from when we first signed the contract to when they gave us the key at closing. It was awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Homes has a commitment to excellence. They employ professional and knowledgeable people. The foreman and construction workers were very polite and informative throughout the experience. I would highly recommend KB Home to anyone. It was an experience that we will never forget.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My overall experience was great from beginning to end. Everybody was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They were right there when I called at any time. Everything was great. Overall it was a wonderful experience dealing with KB to get my home started and finished. KB is the way to go.

Great communication and experience! We really enjoyed working with the design team and the construction manager. Any questions or concerns were answered and dealt with quickly. Often times the construction manager already was resolving an issue when we brought it to his attention.

My experience with KB Home was very positive. I was worried about any bumps in the road but I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the whole process was. Any questions or concerns that we had were answered or resolved within 24-48 hours and if they weren't able to be answered or resolved during that time frame they ensured we knew they were working on the answer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

So far we have had nothing but a very positive experience with KB. Debbie and Steve have been absolutely wonderful especially since we don't live close. They have still continued to make the process smooth and been a huge help! We appreciate everything they have done for us. :)

I've had an excellent experience with the KB sales office staff as well as their in-house lender. They were honest and straightforward, and very professional. I would encourage anyone looking for a new home to consider KB Home as their first choice. I'm pleased with the living square footage as well as the lot size provided in the purchase.

I can't praise the sales team and construction manager enough. I believe they were a Godsend especially to a first-time home buyer that has heard a lot of horror stories about buying a home. They definitely made my experience very pleasurable and I will recommend KB and the sales team over and over again as well as my outside lender Legacy Mutual for everything have done for me and my family. All three of these teams have made it possible for myself and I'm sure many other families to have the dream of home ownership a reality.

Affordable, Fast, Great customer service. KB gives you exactly what they promise, a fast and affordable home without cutting corners. I will definitely recommend KB Home to anyone I know building or buying.

KB messed up quite a few small things around the house and definitely did not use proper construction for Florida around the ENTIRE community. Right now I have water intrusion causing rusting and paint to fall apart on the front of my home. However, even though this is faulty construction and design, KB denies the warranty since it isn't structural damage. They have lost a lawsuit in Florida for their warranty denials among other things. All I can say is I'd definitely look to another more reputable builder who stands firmly behind their product and construction. You or your HOA will end up spending a lot of money to fix KB shortcuts. I am still attempting to get them to fix my home which would cost around $5000 after less than 7 years. You get what you pay for. As far as sales and service and during construction, all was great. I mean after all you did just purchase a home and they made a sale so expect that part to be wonderful.

Attempting to purchase a home in Almond Ridge, CA. Original estimated close of Escrow was Oct. 31st. Close of Escrow letter issued by KB Homes for Nov. 30th. We discovered by sheer fluke they were not going to make that. Still no close date and agent is completely dishonest in her dealings, no concern with customer service whatsoever, she takes no responsibility for anything. Still waiting to find out how we claim the expenses we will incur while they continue to mess us about. Also totally unwilling to provide senior management contact details - just a number to a title-less mail box. Now they have a "Home for the Holidays" marketing campaign - Thanksgiving 2018 maybe!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2016

KB Homes has resolved my initial issue of the home buying experience. I would like to name, LeMonte, Adrain, and Daniel and highly recommend that when buying a new construction home from KB in San Antonio, to specifically work with them if possible. They heard and empathized with my issues, they took the time to respectfully listen to my concerns as well as made sure they were properly addressed. Needless to say, although my initial experience with KB was rocky, due to prior issues, those named certainly made sure that I was properly taken care of. This has lead me to recommend them to anyone who is searching for a new home. I would also like to note the quality of the home and service I received was exceptional!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I worked with Jose, LeMonte, Adrian, and Jordan. Jose and Jordan quit KB mid way through the process of my home, not to mention Jordan was the construction manager when he quit. LeMonte and Adrian stepped in when it was too late! Over promising on the completion date, I was told it would be finished in November, and it appears no one there is in the same page, therefore the home wasn't completed in time. Needless to say, I was made homeless due to breaking my prior lease, due to me believing their lies about when the home will be completed. Run far away from this crew!!! RUN!

On October 31 after being on a high sales pressure and kept in an model home where the office was located for 8 hours, I signed all kinds of documents and got pre approved on the phone by the loan company that KB Home is working with, to purchase a home in Oak Harbor Punta Gorda Fl. The pre-approval letter (that by the way is from Sterns Lending, same address as KB Home Tampa) had a contingency for me to lease my VA property to my roommate. When I got home after my vacation on November 14, I found out that my roommate no longer was able to lease my property in VA.

Immediately, I tried calling the sales person (Denis **) to inform her. I found out that she no longer worked for KB Home. Then I was directed to Andy ** (Vice President of sales and Marketing). I have send this man letter, emails and have called him every day since November 14. My deadline is fast approaching and no one from KB Home has gotten back to me. I have also contacted Rosa ** from Stern Lending, who told me that her boss (Danny **) was taking care of communicating with KB Home about my situation. I sent a final cancellation email to Mr. ** and Mr. Andy ** and have not gotten any response. Today November 22 was the last phone call to every phone number I have on file and no one has gotten back to me. Am I a victim of a SCAM? Or are this people so eager to keep my $5,000.00 deposit?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pretty happy with KB Home. The final experience was excellent. They were with me all the way. I appreciate Yolanda, John and Norm. They've been holding my hand, getting me through in finding the right lender and following up on the couple of little things that needed to be done. And they did all that within two days. Now I got a good home with excellent value in a nice neighborhood. I recommended them to one of my friends who is now buying a house because of my recommendation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home says they stand by their workmanship of the home, but that's not true. After moving in, closing the cost and signing all the papers, I found out that there’s more stuff in our house that weren't done correctly. They say production house will have time for it but it's not a million dollar home. There are builders out there who listen and better than KB. It was a sour experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They have knowledgeable staff and the construction crew was helpful. They provide good homes for the value. But the design portion needs updating, and they should look at a different lending company.

We recently purchased a move in ready home. It is our first home. Being new to this process we went in knowing nothing! The sales staff was very pleasant and helpful. The home is beautiful and very reasonably priced.

Extremely satisfied. This has been a wonderful experience with all the staff involved. This is our first home buying experience and KB made it an easy process. We are thankful and very grateful to KB for our new home.

We had a great experience with KB from start to finish. This was our first experience with new construction and it was a very positive one. Thanks to the sales representative, design studio consultant, and the construction team.

From the day we saw our home we were very impressed with the quality and workmanship of this house. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and gave us great information. The construction manager has been wonderful from the first day we met. He has answered all our questions and made us feel so happy to be here. He continues to be a great help to us and is a great asset to KB.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home was excellent, courteous, and knowledgeable. The staff was super sweet, and nice. They were also professionals, and knew what they were doing. It was very easy to do everything with them step by step. Plus, they kept me informed so it was very easy to transition from each phase of the house. It wasn’t stressful for me at all.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 22, 2016

Our issue has been completely resolved, we are more than happy with the way the kitchen has turned out. Kevin, Patrick, and Logan went out of their way to take care of us in the end. Thank you KB for getting in our home by Thanksgiving!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

This is the 2nd home my husband and I have built together, so I know this is not how it is supposed to go. ZERO communication from the beginning, no returned phone calls or responses to emails, lost documents in our file we had to fill out twice over, no closing date until 3 weeks before leaving me guessing and in hotels, then, to top it off, the wrong color cabinets were installed ONE WEEK before closing, and again ZERO communication or remorse. These people do not care about their customers, only about their deadlines. The manager of the community was worst of all, just pointing fingers instead of trying to give me answers. I HIGHLY recommend choosing someone else to build your home in the Jacksonville area.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The professionalism of the KB Home sales staff all the way to the construction staff was incredible. They're helpful and knowledgeable in what they’re selling. Also, they listened to our needs. We came and told the salesperson what we were looking for, she knew exactly what it was, and showed it to us. They were easy to talk to and they kept in great contact. They made it a very smooth and happy buying experience. There was never a question of, “What about this? What about that?”, with the house, and we got an incredible price. We bought four brand-new homes and we always walked past KB Home because they used to have a cookie-cutter reputation. But what they’ve done now stepped up their game. I’m extremely happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We own a condo, which we watched that go from start to finish as we get our new home. We had been looking at KB for several years around the city, chose this home, and are glad we did. Our experience was very wonderful being that it is our first home, and I would highly recommend KB.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From the customer sales office to the design, and all the way to construction, the representatives that we worked with at KB were very easy to work with, able to hold our hand through the process and guide us through the process of building our first home. And so they made the experience enjoyable and something we aren't going to be afraid to do again in the future. It's been an awesome and a family building experience as well because our kids were with us the whole time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were first-time home buyers and the mortgage guy made it so easy for us. He explained every step of the way of what we were going through and I really enjoyed that. He made us very comfortable. That was the best part of my experience with KB Home. It was an overall pleasant experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB has great people. My wife has been really impressed with the person that we dealt with. I got to pick out and choose everything. It's different for us but it was through that process that mine one was already built.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was no feeling of pressure or trying to upsell, which one sometimes gets with salesmen, during the whole process particularly when we saw the home and while walking through it with the salesman. He was very professional, conversational, and had answers to any question we had about anything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For us being first time buyers, as soon as we walked in and started talking to Omar, he opened a lot of options to us. Three houses were already up and ready to go, and Omar showed us where we were able to get to, which house we loved and which one we'd like. We received consistently outstanding service and they were able to help us get this house from start to finish. The whole experience made us feel blessed. Thank you.

My experience could not have been better. When I was looking for a new home, my husband and I did not know where to go. One Sunday after church we drove to the city of Pearland and discovered Shadow Groove Community. And inside the office was Lisa **. Lisa was very helpful and kind at telling us to get our credit fix, so we could one day own this house which we fell in love with. Lisa has been just a phone call away to answer my husband questions. Levi at the Design Center was helpful, excellent and professional. Thanks KB Home.

KB Home Company Profile