Call toll free
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

KB Home (NYSE:KBH) is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has been building quality homes for over 60 years. Today, KB Home operates in 38 markets across eight states, serving a wide array of buyer groups. What sets us apart is giving our customers the ability to personalize their homes from homesites and floor plans to cabinets and countertops, at a price that fits their needs. And as the first builder ever to make every home we build ENERGY STAR® certified, KB Home is able to not only design thoughtful living spaces but ones that lower the cost of homeownership. We also work with our customers every step of the way, building strong personal relationships so they have a real partner in the homebuying process and the experience is as simple and easy as possible. Learn more about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting kbhome.com.

KB Home Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

KB Home Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Overall we love the house. The price and even the upgrades were reasonable, the staff was great as well, they all went above and beyond to try and take care of the situations that would arise. What's more to love you get to build your dream home from the ground up inside and out. Overall it was a decent experience but we are not fully satisfied with everything about the house. The workmanship was horrible. If I could attach pictures of the bad workmanship I would be. The workers would install damaged products and try to cover them up to looking "presentable" assuming most people will not notice because of being overwhelmed with everything that's going on.

But for instance instead of the proper tools being used for hanging the door frames, they used hammers in several spots, leaving hammer indentions in the door frames, and even breaking pieces off. Same issue with the door trims. I have several pieces where the trim is missing big chucks... several cabinets are scratched in places. I had then come back to fix it once but after seeing the horrible repairs they attempted to do I felt as it did more harm than good. I am ending up having to repair these myself to get the job done right, let alone the amount of things that got damaged during construction, things like damaging doors, walls, windows, countertops, towel racks, and bathtubs we paid a lot of money to upgrade to.

While laying the roof the roofers did not put down the felt in certain areas, and if I wouldn't have seen it being done this would have never been corrected. My driveway has several spots that had chunks broken out, one being big enough to see rebar, which has not gotten repaired. When they laid the grass down, they drove a vehicle through the grass leaving ruts in the yard, the yard looks great besides a nice spot where you can see the ruts, we also had a issue with the plumbing, where they told us the day after closing that they would have to be digging under our foundation so that they could fix a pipe that is holding water... For the price of this house I would have hoped for way better workmanship from your contractors and sub contractors, overall I'm left fixing things in a brand new house, and feeling very disappointed in the workmanship.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Sales Counselor: Mr. Steve ** was my Sales Counselor. His weekly reports kept me looking forward to the next stage of the building of the house. Whenever he communicated an advance in the building project, I always sensed that he was genuinely happy for me and my future plans. His mild manner presentations and explanations were always informative, clear and reassuring. They made one feel that everything was moving along at the right pace. I commend him for his empathy while he celebrates the owner's feelings of accomplishment.

Studio Consultant: Ms. Audrey ** was our Studio Consultant. I say our because she managed to involve me and all the members of my family in the selections that were needed. Her professionalism guided us through a difficult selection process given the many options offered by the Studio. Her keen perceptions and observations were always on point. The color coordination that we enjoy on a daily basis in the completed home proved to be just right. We'll always be appreciative of her ability to create the proper ambience.

Lender Experience Mortgage: Lori ** was my lender. Her vast knowledge and experience helped me understand the workings of the real estate market. Her explanations were clear, concise and to the point. She guided my sister and myself through the decisions that allowed us to make all the right choices. We'll be forever grateful for the expertise that she shared with us.

Construction Staff: In reality, it is now that I'm living in my house that I'm really aware of the work of the construction staff. They arrive early in the morning, work steadily in a focused and coordinated manner. I can see why my house could be completed in a timely manner. I'll be always grateful for the final professional product that I'm still enjoying and will continue to do so until God allows it.

Energy and Water Saving Features: Mr. Jonathan ** took time to highlight the energy and environmental features that complement the house. Now that I'm living in and enjoying the home, I'm being schooled by the thermostat on how to manage the cooling and heating systems. I'm still learning. Home Delivery:

Mr. Jonathan ** worked closely with us in order to be able to occupy the house by October 2, 2019 which is what, in effect, occurred. We will always appreciate his sense of commitment. Home Readiness: We had the walk through before the closing and were delighted with the completed house. Congratulations to the builder and his crew for such an excellent job! Warranties: The builder, Mr. Jonathan ** took time to explain the duration and expiration of Service Resolution and Customer C.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

This is our second home we have purchased with KB. I was skeptical at first because I loved the second project manager we had with our first home but RYAN exceeded our expectations and did such a great job. He was amazing from start to end. He even went the extra mile after we had already done closing to inform us on how to winterize our sprinklers. He always went above and beyond and he finished our home before the 6 months time frame that was given to us originally. I never thought it was possible but he did it.

He was so good that I didn't have to be on top of him for little corrections that had to be made. He made those corrections for us and treated our house as if it was his own. Greg was very professional and did such a great job at making sure I was well aware of everything that was going on. He kept in great contact with me, my bank and Ryan to make sure I always had the most up to date news. We spoke so much and never had a concern due to the excellent communication. It almost felt like family and special treatment but it was nothing more than how they treat everyone that walks through those KB Home doors. We can't wait for our next experience.

Original review: June 3, 2019

After shopping around within our desired area, we kept coming back to KB. We toured several other builders and felt KB offered more "bang for your buck" than the others. We then fell in love with their floor plans and finishes. We believe for our money, KB offered the best value. What we did not realize in the beginning, was just how much value we would receive from the KB staff.

Though the purchase of a home can be confusing, then add onto that the fact we were building a new home versus buying an existing home, you can understand our initial struggles and reservations. All of the stress quickly melted away once we started communicating to the KB staff. From the sales team, to the KB Studio staff, to the Loan team, the Construction team, and the warranty department. Everyone along the way has gone above and beyond their duties to help us feel at ease, and take the extra time required to answer all of our questions and address all of our concerns. Now that we have moved into our custom built masterpiece, we regret we will no longer be interacting with the wonderful KB staff. We would highly recommend anyone looking for a new home, to definitely consider KB. I know we are sincerely satisfied with our purchase!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

From the mortgage lender to sales to construction to customer service following closing, the entire team at KB Home has been phenomenal! Thank you to Heidi ** at KBHS Home Loans for putting up with my constant questions and reassuring me through the whole process! Thank you to Jarret ** for being the most caring and thoughtful sales counselor. He truly made us feel like family and has kept in touch with us following the sale. He has even come by the house on multiple occasions to see how we are settling in to our new home. Thank you to Sam ** for getting everything in tip-top shape for our move-in. We closed 22 days from going into contract and he really had his work cut out for him. He jumped through all the hoops for us and he made sure our home was move-in ready following closing. We couldn't be happier.

Finally, now that we are in our new home, we would like to thank Marisela ** in customer service. Obviously, with any new house there will be issues that arise after you move in and start using the home. Marisela has addressed every issue immediately after bringing it to her attention. We are very satisfied with our KB Home experience!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Outside of the lack of communication from the sales office with my realtor the experience was a great one. I really love my home and the customer service team. My Customer service rep is always so very responsive. I love the check ins after being moved and and getting settled. I feel like they do truly want me to enjoy the home and all it has to offer.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Our experience with KB Homes proves why they have been in business for so many years and are a national company. The customer service has been outstanding and it is evident that they really care about their product and client satisfaction. KB provides a fair market value home that is at a minimum above average value of product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

They build a very fine product and they really stand by what they say. They are relationship-based and they want to be there for you if something is wrong. We had some hiccups but we had folks all the way up the chain, come to the rescue to see what they could do right. We are happy with our house and we will be here for the long term.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I highly recommend KB Homes. What a wonderful experience my wife and I had from our salesperson all the way through our superintendent assistant superintendent to signing the paperwork and getting our home. What a wonderful experience. I highly recommend KB homes. Thank you KB.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

There were initially delays in closing, due to City permit complications, but the team at KB Homes Communication Hills handled it with top-notch professionalism and candor, with frequent updates on realistic expectations along the way. They handled the stress of delays that were not their responsibility, but still did so without complaints and moved the needle in making sure the sale was smooth. Construction-wise, KB homes at Communication Hills proved themselves different from the reviews in the past, and demonstrated that they care and are committed to the workmanship in the newer phases of homes that they built.

KB Home expert review by Joseph Truini

KB Home offers customized homes and specializes in allowing buyers to control most aspects of the design process.​

• Built-to-order services: Users can specify exactly what they want their home to look like during the ordering process, right down to the cabinet door knobs.

• Available in many areas: Currently, KB Home builds homes in the District of Columbia and seven states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Texas.

• Personal design consultation demystifies the custom-build process: Consumers discuss their preferences and get pricing information to build a designer home that meets their budgetary requirements.

• Models can be seen on a walk-in basis: Prospective buyers can drop into the KB Design Studio nearest them to view options whenever it's convenient; an appointment is only needed when they are ready to buy.

• Home customization can be rolled into mortgages: Most of the building costs are covered by the buyer’s mortgage after purchase.

• Best for: KB Homes is best for people who are on a budget, but still want to customize their home; people with special needs and requirements, highly independent people and environmentalists.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

KB Home Company Information