2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5

Enjoy a new home uniquely built just for you. With KB, customers have the ability to personalize their new home with design options that fit their lifestyle and budget. Homebuyers also have a partner every step of the way.

KB Home Gallery (2)
BOTTOM LINE

KB Home is a highly rated home builder that sells customizable homes in communities in eight states. It has a variety of floor plans and price points, and it provides an online design studio for more personalization.

PROS
  • Online design studio
  • Variety of floor plans
  • Many communities in eight states
  • Personalizations available
CONS
  • Charges HOA fees
  • Limited availability

Top KB Home Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

We have had so much fun with this process. It is exciting to see it go up and see choices you have made come to life. Those who worked on our house overcame the pandemic and built us a home that we will enjoy for many years.

KB Home builds an excellent home, delivers on time, and it is always and exceptional value! I've both lived in a KB Home and used for an investment property and in both use cases, they do a great job!

KB Home Call Now Toll Free (888) 524-6637 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is KB Home?

KB Home is a home builder that offers innovative designs, personalized floor plans and flexible pricing on new homes. Its designers work with homebuyers in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington.

You choose your floor plan, your community, the homesite and desired customizations, and KB Home takes care of the rest. Its homes are energy-efficient and designed to your specifications. Financing is available through a lending affiliate, and the company also works with standard mortgages.

KB Home floor plans

The first step to building a home with KB Home is exploring its online galleries, tours and floor plans to find the perfect home for you. KB Home's floor plans are available in a variety of sizes and configurations with flexible living spaces and from two to six bedrooms.

KB Home’s online design studio shows all the personalization options available, such as lighting, flooring and cabinets. Once you’re satisfied its portfolio is right for you, schedule a consultation with one of its designers to learn more about the building process, your options and pricing.

KB Home prices

New construction homes from KB Home typically cost between $180,000 and $500,000. Factors like the location, floorplan and customizations affect the total cost. Your KB Home designer will ensure you meet your homebuying budget, whether you’re looking for a starter home or a multimillion-dollar mansion.

KB Home prioritizes affordability, so there are many ways to save on costs during the building process, including some free personalizations and design options. Schedule a consultation for a customized quote. Its lending partner, KBHS Home Loans, offers financing for qualified home buyers.

KB Home FAQ

Does KB Home sell good homes?
KB Home is a reputable home builder with positive reviews from homebuyers. You can view pictures and virtual walkthroughs on its website for a better idea of the quality of homes offered.
Does KB Home have HOA fees?
KB Home sells houses in communities that typically have HOA fees. Ask during your initial consultation which fees are associated with the communities you’re interested in.
How much are KB Home upgrades?
Many KB Home upgrades are offered at no additional cost. However, for premium upgrades, you can work with a home designer to customize the home’s fixtures and features to your needs.
Who owns KB Home?
KB Home is a publicly traded company. As of 2020, Jeffrey T. Mezger is the CEO of the company.
Do KB Home houses come with appliances?
Yes, your home can be customized with specific appliances. The company typically offers Whirlpool appliances, but you can visit one of its design studios to learn more about available options.

Is KB Home a good builder?

KB Home is a legitimate, well-known home builder with a strong portfolio of customizable new homes. Its communities typically have homeowners associations that charge fees and may not be right for every homeowner. KB Home builds in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington. Schedule a consultation for pricing and customization information.

KB Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I am beyond Blessed and grateful to have met my lovely friend Debbie ** here at Lake Lucerne. As a recommendation from my realtor Wendy **..I met Debbie on a face time call because our family purchased from NY and from that moment we connected. She was absolutely wonderful, so friendly, welcoming, warm, professional and knowledgeable. She accommodated us every step of the way. Without Debbie's dedication our dream to own a home wouldn't have been possible. She helped choose the perfect lot (respecting our specifications). Debbie helped us pick our favorite home model even when we didn't have the confidence to choose the home we truly loved. She connected us with Kiel who was absolutely amazing with our loan and helped us get the best rates with the least stress I can possibly imagine.

Debbie filled my phone with beautiful messages, pictures and videos on a weekly basis to keep us in the loop. We felt as if we were truly there watching our home come together. KB homes is lucky to have such a great team member, who will soon become like family. I recommend you to come take a look at this beautiful community and ask for Debbie to help you with this process...You'll need a genuine person who will be on your side and I can honestly say Debbie will exceed your expectations. I will also like to give kudos to Edwin who did a wonderful job with our home. Our family is beyond grate and we're happy to say we're the happy homeowners of a KB home!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Please be more thorough in inspections and be sure you are delivering a safe home to families. Based on my experience I feel that the quality of work done is sub par and only saved by the customer service that I am receiving to remedy the issues. Some of my electrical was placed between the drywall and stud which should not have passed inspection. I am worried if there is anywhere else in the house where this mistake was made. I was trying to hang a picture when I drilled into wire that should not have been there. This caused a spark that also blew out my electricity in that part of the house. Had that been my wife or kids using a nail this could be a huge safety issue where I would have reached out to legal representation. To be honest I am still wary of the electrical in the home based on that experience and definitely makes me think twice about buying a KB home in the future or even referring a friend to KB.

When the home was delivered we were missing a light fixture. We also had quite a few things that were not delivered to expectations. We had several light switches that were crooked. We had a chip in our marble tub. There were also issues where texture on the walls and ceilings were not done correctly. We also still need touch up on the house, a lot of marks and spots on walls and baseboards. A lot of cracked tiles on my roof. Overall I am happy with Customer Care and Gary. I understand that this relationship will last longer than I had hoped as I am finding things that are not up to my standard every week. As long as he continues to deliver what is needed to fix the issues we are happy but that being said Gary has saved how I view KB.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

When I was ready to purchase my first home I was a bit nervous about the process of building a new home. I took my time to go and see all the builders in the Manor TX area knowing I want my house built there. I went 3 other builders around the Manor area KB Home was my 4th builder to visit and once I came in to their model home and meet Cevero in sale office he welcome me in. I told him I was looking to purchase a home in the area so he handed me the key to their 4 model homes and said, "Go into all 4 and take your time look around and I will follow up with you in few minutes."

It was something the other 3 builders had not done for me. Their sales person was always right next to me. Made me feel like they were pushing me and rushing me to purchase from them which I walked away from all 3. So that same very day I signed a contract with Cevero and now 5 months after I'm here enjoying my brand new very well built KB home. I really recommend any new homeowner to make KB homes their first stop and save your selfs time.

Original review: May 27, 2020

We have heard many a nightmare stories from our friends and relatives about their home-buying experience. So we were skeptical about buying a new home, specially as we were very happy with our current rental property. But, boy, are we glad we walked into KB Homes' Primrose sales office with a friend who was looking to buy a new home!

From the moment we walked in, the Sales Staff, Christine, completely won us over with her smiling face and positive energy. Even though we were just accompanying a friend, and not exactly there to buy, Christine spent couple of hours walking us through the home plans, available homes, the features, in short encouraging us to consider buying there, but never pushing us in a manner that will feel suffocating. I am very wary of sales persons who constantly push to make the sale, and make you feel bad if you say you are not interested. But not Christine, she answered our questions, showed us around, and gave us time to think it through.

Vins, their mortgage loan originator, walked us through the loan process, worked with us to find us a loan program that worked best for us, and then the construction guy, Alex worked very hard to put my mind to ease by taking care of every little touch-ups we requested. When the refrigerator delivery guys chipped a corner of a wall, Alex took care of that as well. I cannot say enough good things about all of them. Thanks to them, we are now proud owner of our dream home.

Original review: April 26, 2020

It started in Gramercy Farms in Saint Cloud when I met Devon. He showed me that community and me and my wife fell in love. The reason why we didn’t choose that community was because it was priced way out of our budget. The mortgage was projected to be around $1800. Me and my wife were sad because we loved the layout of the KB home and thought it would be perfect for our family. But we were convinced that KB would just be a fantasy. So we continued our home search and it was a Monday that I decided to drive out to Mascotte and I met Tracey.

I found the exact same house from my dream builder for a fraction of the cost. The same layout that I saw in Saint Cloud and the ability to use a USDA loan program – it was a match made in heaven. Tracey got us to sign the contract and it was the best decision we ever made. Working with KB was the best experience. From the design studio to the actual construction process KB was fantastic. I even referred one of my co workers and she is currently on contract. House will be built in the same community. KB did a great job we are so happy.

Original review: April 7, 2021

KB Home made it easy to buy, design and finance our new home. The sales, construction and loan staff were all a pleasure to work with and kept us informed throughout the building process. It's not perfect, but the imperfections make it unique and overall we are happy with our new home.

Original review: April 6, 2021

A big shout out to KB Home for providing me with a great home buying experience! I enjoyed watching my home be build from a dirt lot, into a home. I love my beautiful new home and KB Home went out of their way to make it all I wanted it to be. KB home provided me with professional, friendly, and caring service, through and through!

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have dealt with at least 2 other builders and have found KB Homes to be top notch at communication, up-front truthfulness, and reliability. The staff I worked with were knowledgeable, effective communicators, quick to respond to questions, and always willing to help resolve any issues. I will definitely be recommending KB Homes to anyone looking for a new home.

Original review: April 1, 2021

My family always purchased KB homes with a great experience, but this home was a nightmare. it was a very stressful process. All promises made were never kept. it was delay after delay, in loan, or design studio even. There was always a surprise charge here and there thrown on at the end. I had to contact my loan officer or the design studio because they never got in touch. I felt like the KB we knew is gone. The contractors quality of work was terrible specifically plumbing. I only worry to find more issues.

Original review: March 31, 2021

The home buying process started off okay, then we weren't able to choose our style of home (elevation) like the other residents. In the 7 month building process, we went through three Superintendents as the first two are no longer with KB. I feel this affected the finishing touches of our home as the landscaping was mediocre (mulch filled with construction material- gloves, wires, plastic, nails) and a few items were outstanding when we got our keys (incorrect cabinet handles, light fixture missing, garage opener light missing, water flow to dishwasher not on).

All of these items have been resolved now, but just having to follow up and schedule visits to correct the items during our first few weeks as new homeowners was an added hassle. Lastly, light fixtures in upstairs bathrooms are not centered to the sink and are closer to the walls. I opted to pay a little bit more for fixtures to avoid installation costs in the future, but I kind of regret it now since they aren't even centered and are connected to standard lights right above them!

KB Home Company Information