toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First of all KB has the best quality in all aspects! We really enjoyed buying our house at KB, they really help us during the entire process! They explained every single feature that the house had and most importantly their customer service was amazing, they exceeded our expectations!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything was wonderful. I can't say nothing negative about the service. Every time I ask questions someone answer. Every time I had a problem someone answer. All the wonderful people that I work with help me in every way so in saying that I had a very good experience with KB Homes my salesperson, my Builder, my loan officer and my closing crew was great. Thank you all and enjoy your day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very grateful, happy and satisfied. This was a very smooth home buying process and I would recommend KB homes to family, friends and anyone who was interested in buying a home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

****DO NOT BUY A KB HOME! **** Nine months ago, my husband and I purchased a brand new KB Home in Santa Clarita. To achieve our dream and give our children the family home we always wanted ourselves, we saved all that we could, took out from our 401K and LITERALLY invested everything we had into purchasing this KB Home. But it's been nothing but a nightmare. We have written multiple emails to customer service, division president and even the CEO of KB. And they simply reply back that it's within industry standards, and just evading our requests. Our home was built with no care. As we moved to Santa Clarita from Corona, which is a 3 hr drive one way, we were not lucky enough to see our home being built. We had trusted KB in building our home correctly and safely.

For the past nine months, we have had submitted over 600 claims in defects of this newly built KB home. They have only fixed about 15 of those claims, and some of the "fixed" claims created more damage and more claims to be open. We have even hired a third party inspector to check the structure of our home, as I will attach the report with this letter. Some of the things that were found were absolutely ridiculous. I will mention just a few:

Our attic isn't even attached correctly. (The metal plates aren't even attached.) They forgot to attach caps on our roof, which may have cause wood rot because of all the rain this past year. There are more than 10 broken tiles on our roof. The brick wall caps are not even cemented down and come right off. There is a 10 point checklist and that was not finished and signed. Missing wood beams on our stairs. The carpet was not installed correctly, every corner is not stapled to the ground and can be lifted out. We found nails, screws, staples and a 9 inch razor blade that my 4year old son found and started to play with. Just last week, I found over 20 birds living under our roof tiles because they didn't close off the corners of our roof. Our flooring downstairs has bubbling throughout the house. Our air conditioning unit had missing screws and it's not even leveled.

These problems should not be problems at all for a brand new home. Obviously, there was no quality control and their inspector did nothing but pass and sign the inspection reports. As some of the checkpoints were not even signed off, which is why there is so much debris under our floors. I am writing this because it has brought so much stress on me and my family. They treat us with no respect and express that our claims are a joke. Even to fix one claim, they come look at it and tell us to be home on a certain day from 10-3pm, and a vendor will show up and fix that ONE claim.

I would have to stay home, ask someone to pick up my daughter from 1st grade and later, without a phone call, they weren't able to make it out because the vendor is still working on another home. Another time, our flooring wasn't flushed to the kitchen island and KB sent a man to repair it. It took him 5 hours to "cover" the mistake. They did not even fix the problem but simply just put a mold to cover their mistake and told me again that it was industry standards.

Five years ago, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. After the birth of my son, my body seemed to have been overstressed and I was unable to walk. With lots of testings and Dr. visits, we found the cause and treated it right away. I have been stable and healthy with the infusion I get monthly that helps with my overactive immune system. I haven't had any flare ups. However, with all the stress KB has given me, my body seems to slowly be dying. I had a seizure five months ago in our new KB home, landed right on my face in the back yard and broke three of my front teeth. I was hospitalized for 3 days.

And just last month, I was diagnosed with lupus and celiac disease. My body has exponentially deteriorated. I am a mother of two and weigh only 100 pounds. I now see a therapist two times a week to alleviate my stress. My rheumatologist said that all the stress from KB is exasperating my immune system and more diseases are arising. The infusion I took for years, is no longer working and creating antigens. I now take anti anxiety medicine 3 times a day. From all this, my husband and I pleaded and repeatedly asked them to help us fix all the mistakes. We have three months left until our 1year warranty expires and hardly anything got fixed. I'm terrified for my children's safety, this home, and my body shutting down.

One day, I was so terrified that I went to the division president's office, pleading/crying to help us out. He didn't even let me enter his office and kicked me out. He said, "I have no time for you!" He told me to leave and never come back. I drove back home crying and devastated. In that time, he had already emailed to my husband, stating that, the next time I come, I will be escorted out and have a restraining order... and a lot more. NEVER BUY A KB HOME.

My home was built in 2016 and I have had problems after problems, light fixtures not put in correctly, bad painting inside and out, problems with the tile throughout the downstairs floor. The sprinkler system wasn't working and that killed the grass because they took so long to come out and fix it and no cabinets over refrigerator it's a upgrade. No light covers on light bulbs in bathroom that's an upgrade.

Factual basis uncertain

I bought a KB home. A few years later I decided to paint the inside. I found that the electrical outlets were held in place by the face plate screw ONLY! The outlet was not anchored or attached to anything, just hanging loose. Also, my home is the same size as the other homes next to me and yet the other houses have 4 heat vents on the roof and my house only has one! I got an estimate from a roofer and it will cost me from $800 to $1,000 to have the other 3 vents put in. Another point, I had a lot of problems with the airflow from the air conditioner. I had the flow tested and turns out I had 5, yes that's right 5 feet of holes in my air conditioning VENTS. I was told that IF actual metal vents were used that it would NOT BE POSSIBLE to have that much holes in the vents. This is insane.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Regardless of what happened, we love our KB Home. Thank you. Maybe because it is our first time buying a house, our experience came out to be like this. We didn't always have questions when we meet up with the sale staff and when we do, he didn't always have the answer, there was many times he had to get back to us. When we met with the construction staff, we learned a lot about the house and regret a lot about certain upgrades because the sale staff didn't tell us about certain things. Seems like he was more about making a sale.

But the construction staff was great, (Scott) he told us about everything. Even things we didn't think of, so he was great. Another thing was the loan officer, she was hard to get to when we had questions. It was really hard for my husband because he didn't want me to sign anything before meeting in person, asked our questions, and clarify certain parts of the document. Because this is something very big for us and we wanted to get it right the first time and understand what we are signing for. So because reaching out to her was very hard, it made this process hard for us. We sign documents and wait until there's more things for us to sign. We just thought the loan process would have been a lot different where we are all on the same page on everything. As to everything in life, there are the ups and downs, and for KB Homes, it was an 8 overall satisfaction for us. Last of all, we want to thank KB Home, we love our new house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Incredible house for my family. We love the design and the upgrades, the value of the house for what we paid was superior and we are very pleased to do business with KB. Valuable, timely, knowledgeable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home made it fun, interactive, and exciting to build a home. Overall very happy with everything KB Home had to offer in Gramercy Farms. It was an exciting and pleasant experience from contract to closing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Other than the overpriced upgrades the overall build/price of the home was pretty spot on. The construction Manager Kullen made the experience so much better with his communication and attention to detail in our build.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I want to express my appreciation to KB Home for the time, attention and hard work you guys put in the past few month to secure the contract. Your efforts had made this possible. Thanks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very satisfied with the quality of the house and the hundreds of options/upgrades available at the home studio. Not only were upgrades offered but most of them were demonstrated at the home studio for you to touch and see.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home built a great house for my family and every issue we had were addressed immediately and they went the extra mile to fix any problems we had making our home buying experience easy and pleasant.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is our second time purchasing and building with KB Home. The ability to customize our house exactly how we wanted was the main deciding factor aside from the floor plan that we fell in love with. Every member of the KB Home team was attentive and so helpful! They made our experience memorable and easy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My overall experience with KB so far has been excellent. Yes, there were some hiccups, but those have been resolved. I would have preferred if the home was delivered sooner than when it was. The end product is amazing. It is an absolutely beautiful home and we are truly pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home buying experience from sales, design phase and through the construction phase was very smooth and pleasant. The attention to detail and response to our concerns and issues were resolved in a professional manner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My overall experience with the Staff was excellent. Questions were always answered in a timely manner. The process was laid out in front of us from day one and everything went as planned. I chose magical/blessed because of the way this home has been for our family. I videotaped my kids' faces as they first walked through the door of our new home and every time I watch it, I cry happy tears. Pure joy and happiness is spread across them from ear to ear and you can just see it in their expressions they felt "they are home". Very happy I videotaped that moment for us! Thank you KB!

We purchased our home from KB Homes 9/15. The workmanship is very poor. We have had issues with our tile throughout the house. All the homes in the neighborhood come with rain gutters, except our home. KB claims due to elevation. Yet they have installed them for free on the same model we have. The response we received when we sent corporate a letter was that it was referred to regional KB Home. Everything about the manner in which this matter was treated was very poorly. Do not buy from KB, do your homework!! That are more reputable builders.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lisa ** was our salesperson. As a realtor who have worked with many builders, this was one of exceptional value for me and my clients. Lisa communicated and kept us informed every step of the way. She was always professional and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Completely satisfied. From beginning to current, we have worked with great KB Home staff that strive to ensure our happiness. The home is beautiful and to specifications. It has been a great experience buying with KB Home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our third party inspector was astonished by the quality of the construction and lack of issues that could be found with the home during his two walk-throughs. We have heard that other builders won't even allow third party inspectors onto their construction sites, so this speaks volumes about the quality that KB Home provides.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This was my second home I've had built with KB Home. I was excited to stay in the KB Home family, with the purchase of my new home. I always find their floor plans to be the first thing that draws me in. I have always loved the KB Home floor plans. Maybe, I'm partial, because I have owned a KB Home in the past. But there is just something that feels familiar with my new home. And when I think about my home, I always remember, it's a KB Home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They have very good people to ask and try to buy a house. The houses look very well done and you can see the insides and see how they look. There are varieties of house to chose and there are people to explain everything for you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The staff makes the difference. Professionals with human sense that put your needs first as a customer and explain everything in detail, step by step and never rushed. Every single person (KB Staff) I had the pleasure to work with, made me feel like family and not just another customer/sale. I am first time home buyer, but I am surely going to continue buying from KB Homes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were sure the credit score was very, very low. KB Home and the Milestone Bank said not to worry, "Will work with you to make it happen" and they did, against the odds that came through. Thank to you all. Ray ** and Rayna **. We are enjoying live, great sunrise lake view from rear deck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From my experience KB Home good organize, good instructions, easy way to follow and understand, from section to section, and also from one person to one person, all nice. They're not pass me or other customers around like hot potatoes, that is awesome, anyway we are very happy with new home. Thank very much for KB build us new home, one day I have more money I'm going to buy one more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did our homework online prior to choosing a builder for our home. Then, we visited Falcon Landing while on our honeymoon and were impressed with the location, lots, and sales staff. From start to finish, KB Home delivered what they said they would. The sales staff and construction staff kept my husband and me up-to-date with weekly phone calls and emails, along with pictures, since we did not live locally while house was being built. Our real estate agent had not dealt with KB in the past. He was definitely impressed at each stage and with the finished product. We highly recommend KB Home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The experience with KB Home was fantastic from start to finish. This was a 14-month ordeal to get in our home, and KB Home was in constant communication with us through the entire process. I appreciate Ryan, Donna, and Janna, and everyone that worked directly with us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have decided to look further into Enclave at Tapestry due to the great service we received from your Sales Counselor Irma **. She had great knowledge of your product and made us feel at home. We look forward in the next few steps to determine if this will become our final place we call home. I can't say enough about the first impression we have of this community due to Irma's great personality.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before you even consider buying from KB Home I would highly suggest you take a drive to Pinery West in Parker CO and see for yourself how pathetic these homes were built. Knock on any door and ask questions. What you see at the model home is NOTHING compared to what you actually receive. The customer service is horrible and the super attendants are unprofessional and incompetent. Phone calls are never returned and they threaten to sue you if you don't close on your home which is a complete wreck and only 75% complete. Please do your homework and google KB Home lawsuits before you purchase!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hassle & Haggle free home buying! After 6 months of looking for a house, multiple houses & offers written and declined it was a shock to not have any competition. The house was ours the moment we said yes, and we love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I thought the process of buying a home while on deployment would be extremely hard. I was wrong. Pat and Dan made everything as smooth as possible for me and communicated with me often. They went above and beyond to ensure I got everything I wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

KB Home has made the American dream of home ownership become an amazing reality for many! All the negative hype in the past was simply media garbage and I am so grateful for allowing myself and my fiancé for trusting in the staff at KB Home.

KB Home Company Profile