Call toll free
4.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for four straight years and a WaterSense® Partner of the Year for four consecutive years. A FORTUNE 1,000 company, Los Angeles-based KB Home was the first homebuilder listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and trades under the ticker symbol "KBH." For more information about KB Home's new home communities, call 888-KB-HOMES or visit www.kbhome.com.

KB Home Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1106 KB Home Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 3, 2019

After shopping around within our desired area, we kept coming back to KB. We toured several other builders and felt KB offered more "bang for your buck" than the others. We then fell in love with their floor plans and finishes. We believe for our money, KB offered the best value. What we did not realize in the beginning, was just how much value we would receive from the KB staff.

Though the purchase of a home can be confusing, then add onto that the fact we were building a new home versus buying an existing home, you can understand our initial struggles and reservations. All of the stress quickly melted away once we started communicating to the KB staff. From the sales team, to the KB Studio staff, to the Loan team, the Construction team, and the warranty department. Everyone along the way has gone above and beyond their duties to help us feel at ease, and take the extra time required to answer all of our questions and address all of our concerns. Now that we have moved into our custom built masterpiece, we regret we will no longer be interacting with the wonderful KB staff. We would highly recommend anyone looking for a new home, to definitely consider KB. I know we are sincerely satisfied with our purchase!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

After 1 month of living in my newly constructed KB Home, I can say with honesty that the experience has actually been a great pleasure. For our first home buying experience, the sales staff, construction process, studio selection process and closing were all relatively smooth and problem-free. We had small issues along the way regarding negotiation of pricing, construction/design concerns, appraisal issues and closing, however, the KB Homes staff provided excellent customer service throughout and in the end, they provided exactly what we wanted.

In this first month, the warranty service has been responsive and helpful. While scheduling has taken a little longer then I would have liked, the staff has always made great effort to make sure my concerns get resolved and to keep in touch with me to make sure I am satisfied. Since it has only been 1 month, I cannot give my 100% recommendation yet for KB Homes. Although, I can say that based off of my experience so far, I would recommend KB Homes for home buying. I am eager to see how my home keeps up throughout time, and only then will I determine how truly satisfied I am with KB Homes and whether or not they are truly worth the recommendation.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

From the mortgage lender to sales to construction to customer service following closing, the entire team at KB Home has been phenomenal! Thank you to Heidi ** at KBHS Home Loans for putting up with my constant questions and reassuring me through the whole process! Thank you to Jarret ** for being the most caring and thoughtful sales counselor. He truly made us feel like family and has kept in touch with us following the sale. He has even come by the house on multiple occasions to see how we are settling in to our new home. Thank you to Sam ** for getting everything in tip-top shape for our move-in. We closed 22 days from going into contract and he really had his work cut out for him. He jumped through all the hoops for us and he made sure our home was move-in ready following closing. We couldn't be happier.

Finally, now that we are in our new home, we would like to thank Marisela ** in customer service. Obviously, with any new house there will be issues that arise after you move in and start using the home. Marisela has addressed every issue immediately after bringing it to her attention. We are very satisfied with our KB Home experience!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I had a house built with KB Home after looking for an existing home and also looking at other new homes throughout the Jacksonville, Florida area. With KB Home you get many options to choose from and they even have a design team to help you in making your choices. I choose KB Home because of the Energy-Saving Features they offer as well as the Exterior details and the Interior craftsmanship as well as the open floor plan and the option to upgrade to a Gourmet Kitchen and upgrade the master bath. I felt like I was building a custom built home with all the options KB Home has to offer. My Sales Counselor Anh ** was professional and was there for me every step of the way, she even called and sent me emails to check in with me on my questions on her days off. I was updated on a weekly basis with pictures and what was done for the week and what I could expect to be completed the upcoming week.

Logan ** the Superintendent & Customer Service representative was with me every step of the way. When doing the inspections he would find something not quite perfect and would mark it for it to be corrected and followed through to see that it was. I would go and look at the house as it was being build and he was always there on site at one of the houses being built. The design team was wonderful as well. My Studio Consultant was Dena ** and she was extremely knowledgeable and helped me to stay within my budget and still get all that I wanted in my home. I was very pleased with everyone that I dealt with while going through the process of having my home build. I highly recommend KB Home of Jacksonville, Florida. Their employees are very dedicated and believe in excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Overall I am really happy with the customer service I received in this buying process from the sales agent & the construction team did a good job. But I was extremely disappointed from the KB loan department, took extremely long time with my loan process and to have them at the end refusing to approve my loan because of the fact we have same last name as my realtor agent. A lot of people have common last name but that doesn't mean they are all related.

Also the fact the underwriter & the loan supervisor were so lazy that they were requesting the same things/information as the other person had asked in the same email a day before showed the fact that they lacked proper communication with each other. At times I was really angry & frustrated but thanks to Misty for always making sure the things didn't get out of control & had me assured that things will be ok & gave me a different loan company that really speeded the process and finally after a month & half later from the original promised date, we finally got our home. Again I am thankful for Misty & great work ethic to help with this process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This is our second KB Home in San Antonio. Our first experience wasn't so very good but we decided to give it another chance in another community in the city. The construction team did everything they could to make this a better experience for us. Even though there were was some tough moments, they ultimately delivered.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Most things in the entire buying/building process were rather fine. I think the construction part of the entire process could use some more refinement. Like double checking the correct upgrades and selections were installed and cleaning up on the construction site. Beer cans everywhere is totally unprofessional. Everyone else I encountered (sales, studio, mortgage) were professional, understanding and courteous at all times.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I live in a KB home and so does my daughter. My daughter bought a KB home in 2013. When we bought her home we never looked at the windows. Recently my daughter showed me her windows. There are five that do not close at all. Whoever installed the windows installed them wrong. There is a plastic piece that is up against metal. There should be an opening where the solid metal piece is so that the plastic piece could go up into window when you close them. I have called KB Home and they sent a technician out. They said the windows were installed wrong and that he tried to get in touch with the company that installed the windows and that they have left town and that KB Home will not do anything to fix them.

I would think that KB Home would be responsible for the work the window contractor did since it is their name on the home. My daughter has a three year old handicap child at home and now knowing that she can not lock her windows and that someone could break in any time is worrisome for me her mother. She does not have the money to hire someone to fix them and neither do I. Before buying a KB home check everything out because they have proven to me that they don’t fix what is wrong once you buy the home.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Hello! I’m not rating the home itself. This review is about my experience with their sales team, namely their sales manager, Justin. We had to change lenders and I was extremely grateful that they continued to work with us even though we missed our close date and had to start over. I received a letter that extended our close date. When we couldn’t make that date I reached out the Justin who said that if I brought $3000 to the office, I would have 30 days to secure financing ($100 a day) BUT if I failed to do so I would lose my earnest money AND the $3000. Scary, right? Justin reassured me that if I switched to KBHS the process would be quick and the likelihood was that it wouldn’t cost me the entire $3000. Let me tell you, Ryan ** and KBHS kicked butt! They worked hard knowing how much it was costing per day. We got clear to close in two weeks. That is amazing! By my calculations, it cost $1600 in hold fees.

To my dismay, when I asked for my $1400 refund I was told I was due NOTHING...ZERO. Justin either lied to my face or decided to come up with a deceitful way to keep my money. I have reached out to Donna ** (Sr. Manager Customer Relations), Lara ** (Regional Sales Manager) and Linda ** (Sales Agent Tanglewood) in addition to the lying Sales Manager, Justin and NONE of them will help me. Linda even told my Realtor that Justin confirmed our agreement and the date the hold fees began but NONE of them will even respond. Disgusted with the whole deal. Just a warning to be very careful with these people. They are unprofessional and deceitful.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Great experience with the staff in sales, design studio and construction team. Some opportunities for improvement with the KB Loan department in better communication but overall the sales, design and construction team were able to assist every step of the way. Very satisfied with overall purchase of our new build house. We will be recommending to friends and family.

KB Home expert review by Joseph Truini

KB Home offers customized homes and specializes in allowing buyers to control most aspects of the design process.​

• Built-to-order services: Users can specify exactly what they want their home to look like during the ordering process, right down to the cabinet door knobs.

• Available in many areas: Currently, KB Home builds homes in the District of Columbia and seven states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Texas.

• Personal design consultation demystifies the custom-build process: Consumers discuss their preferences and get pricing information to build a designer home that meets their budgetary requirements.

• Models can be seen on a walk-in basis: Prospective buyers can drop into the KB Design Studio nearest them to view options whenever it's convenient; an appointment is only needed when they are ready to buy.

• Home customization can be rolled into mortgages: Most of the building costs are covered by the buyer’s mortgage after purchase.

• Best for: KB Homes is best for people who are on a budget, but still want to customize their home; people with special needs and requirements, highly independent people and environmentalists.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

KB Home Company Information