toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First of all KB has the best quality in all aspects! We really enjoyed buying our house at KB, they really help us during the entire process! They explained every single feature that the house had and most importantly their customer service was amazing, they exceeded our expectations!

Everything was wonderful. I can't say nothing negative about the service. Every time I ask questions someone answer. Every time I had a problem someone answer. All the wonderful people that I work with help me in every way so in saying that I had a very good experience with KB Homes my salesperson, my Builder, my loan officer and my closing crew was great. Thank you all and enjoy your day.

Very grateful, happy and satisfied. This was a very smooth home buying process and I would recommend KB homes to family, friends and anyone who was interested in buying a home.

Being home buyers in Florida but living in Rochester NY, our overall experience was great. It all started with a visit to KB's model home at Shingle Creek Reserve in Kissimmee. Roger took time to meet with us, answer all our questions and at almost 11 pm help us plant a "Sold" sign on our new property.

I liked dealing with KB Home for my first home purchase. We bought a pre-built which limited our upgrade options but it is a great floor plan for my family so we really felt like it was the home for us.

Madeline was very helpful in selling the property by helping my buyer stay under his budgetary goal. If it had not been for that the home would not have been sold.

My buyer is content with the product and community. :)

Looking for your home?? KB Home builds affordable custom homes. My wife and I were able to customize our home to fit our budget and needs. Beautiful flooring, custom paint and wonderful window shutters are a few of the things we chose. You can build your own dream house!!

KB Home has been a great 1st time home buyer experience. At first, I couldn't fathom that we could afford to have a brand new house built from the ground up but KB Home has a home for any price point. I love my home and the building process has been stress free. I would totally do it again if I could!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Prior to selecting KB homes, we visited and searched for the perfect home. We found houses that were way off base and some that were close. Were they perfect? No. We had a list of items that we wanted in our house and with each home we saw, we had to remove key items from the list. Finally we came to the option to build and when that occurred, the puzzle pieces came together and we have what we consider our dream home. Customized to our needs, we are still in awe that it is ours and we are living in it. Customization with great service is the key to KB success.

I may not buy KB in the future. The sales and lending team were not communicative with us in how the process was going along. We had to call and follow up with them. The Construction Supervisor was the best part of our experience.

Our overall experience with KB Home was amazing. From the sales staff, to the design staff, to the mortgage staff, to the construction staff we felt welcome at first meeting and became close by the time construction ended. They were always available and ready to answer any and all questions and being first time home buyers we had a lot! I would recommend KB Home to all of my family and friends looking to build.

Had a great experience home shopping but instantly we fell in love with the community. Madeline showed us the home and gave us great information when finding the right home for us. I would recommend this company and area if you ever decided to need to find a house.

We purchased our home in May 2016 and in December we decided to get screening in backyard so we put in request for HOA permit and also requested them to trim the tree that covers 80 percent of our backyard. The tree is on the builders property. Fast forward February 2017 they sent their landscaping people three times to confirm how much need to be trimmed and we also sent them pictures per their request. They approved and said it will be taken care of. Finally they arrived one day to trim the tree when we were at work. They removed only the dead tree and did not trim the branches over our property. When I contacted them they told that they had miscommunication on their end. How can you have miscommunication after 3 visits and photos.

Now they don't have budget for trimming the branches that come over our property and basically telling us that they can't help us. I had screening work schedule to begin in March but it's on hold now because of the con artist at KB Home. HOA is telling me that tree trimming is not part of HOA now and you cannot force your neighbors to trim the tree even if it comes on over your property. We never forced the KB Home management to trim the tree. It needs to be trimmed because it is obstructing with screening work and they approved and performed the wrong job so now they are coming up with all the lies and excuses. In addition to this when we moved in we had 10 days to show any damage and get it fixed by KB Home.

We had cracked bathroom tiles, damaged master room lock and they never fixed it. Guy came and look at the tiles and said they will have to order it. He still didn't receive the tile he ordered and now we are at 1 year bummer warranty. To get hold of someone at KB Home after you purchase the home is almost impossible and forget about credibility. My next home is definitely not going to be KB Home and I made sure my family and friends don't buy from KB Home.

I have a great experience buy house with KB Home. A great customer service. Great price. I recommend to my friends. Georgeann ** doing a great job explain each part of that contract. They have a excellent community and a beautiful house. Thank Georgeann.

Good customer service and sales rep was very friendly and helpful. We were very fortunate to have the opportunity to meet and go through our walk through with the VP of Operations who was very friendly and followed through to make sure we were taken care of and that our needs were met. Very appreciative to work with people with great customer service. Almost perfect.

KB offers affordable homes and in my experience great service. Our salesperson was always quick to answer any of our many questions, and our builder went above and beyond to make sure our home was what it was intended to be, even after we had signed and moved in. They don't just leave you alone, they want to see you satisfied and strive to earn that satisfaction. I live in the Boerne area, and our house has appraised for 40,000 over what we paid for it before we ever moved in. We are so happy with all our space, the 2898 model has a dream kitchen and an open concept for the living space.

The process of purchasing my home was excellent in that I had professional people doing their job. Their job performance made the process almost non-stressful. Through the whole process we were treated not like a customer but rather as a friend. That was very important. From the sales department to the lending and through the closing, we were treated professionally and courteously. Something that you do not find everyday in the business world.

I am very Happy with KB Home. My experience was very good, they help me up with everything that I needed and the most important thing they have bilingual staff. Buying my house with the staff that speak my own language that made me felt more comfortable to do it. Beside the excellent customer services, Mercy was always available to help, no matter what time or day I call her she was always answered all my question. Thank you Mercy and KB for your help.

I didn't expect to be a Homeowner this soon, but starting with Jenny, everyone at the design studio, Amanda at Primelending and Justin helped my dreams for my family come true and I am forever grateful.

The concrete in my basement utility room needs to be redone, it is inadequate, nonfunctional and unacceptable to me. My water softener leaked this weekend and due to the shoddy, unprofessional finishing of the concrete in that room, the water was shunted off into the wall which flooded my basement. I am now waiting on the restoration people to come and deal with the matter professionally. None of the leaked water drained into the drain in the center of the room, literally not one drop made it to the drain.

There is little point in having a center floor drain if the entire room does not slope downwards towards that drain, so the drain can actually drain away the water. I am getting the water softener issue address in a manner where it will not leak again. However I still have a water heater in that room and if there are ever issues with that, the current inadequate and incorrect design will flood my basement and destroy the new furniture I have down there.

Please call me ASAP to let me know how and when this issue will be addressed. No more water is going to spill into my basement that I have to pay to get properly cleaned up due to your lack of oversight and failure in assessing the finished product of your workers. If the drainage in that room had been tested it would have been immediately apparent that there was a problem. Yet here we are.

I cannot convey how deep my anger and frustration is over this, there is simply no excuse for this to have happened. None. I have built offices and homes, I recognize shoddy, rushed work done by unskilled workers who care nothing about the quality of their work when I see it. That's what I see when I see the job that was done on the floor of my utility room.

Our overall experience with KB Home is highly unsatisfactory, frustrating, and unpleasant. To relocate our home & businesses is in itself a challenging, hectic and stressful process. Purchasing a home should be a happy & worry-free time but this is not the case with KB Home. KB Home did not made us feel welcome!

My fiancee and I bought closed on a KB Home in May 2016. A hose in the kitchen that KB supplied and installed busted 5 months later!!! It flooded the entire house, except for one bedroom and one bathroom! The next day, KB had a few people including their preferred plumber come out to take a look at the damage, and they all stated the same thing... "Yeah, we put this here. It was obviously installed by us. It will be covered under warranty. No worries."

The following day, two men called me advising the damage was not going to be covered. I was in complete shock! They found every which way they could not to take fault for it because our damages were so extensive. We argued with them for about 5 hours... It got nowhere. They refused to honor their warranty and eventually stopped returning our phone calls. We had to make the decision of getting our homeowners insurance involved because we needed repairs to start asap.

The home was not livable after that. We could not live there for 2.5 months! KB sent us a letter during this time for a 6th month checkup/survey review wanting to be conducted. We called the number on the letter and the operator stated someone would be calling us back to schedule an appointment to come out and guess what...?? No one ever called back! We called two additional times requesting for someone to call us and still to this day, no one has called. I am extremely disappointed in the way KB has handled this entire situation and I am appalled that they would treat a customer with such ridiculously terrible service. I will never refer a friend or family member to KB ever because I would not want them to have to go through this hell of a nightmare! If I could rate as 0 stars I would...

Above and beyond expectations. The treatment over from the KB Home team was unexpected and gratifying. I was wonderful to see the care and dedication of everyone. Everyone made the purchase of the house a smooth transition. I was truly impressed.

Jeremy ** was always available and handled all of my questions and concern in a very timely manner, even those outside of business hours and his daily work schedule. Ana ** took her time and was very patient with me and my family during all steps of the studio process. We seemed to have discussions and debates during EVERY area of the selections process Ms. ** kept a smile, was very knowledge about our selections, and offered great advice to resolve our issues. Edwin ** has been available and taken care of any issues I may have thought I had. He has always been patient and walked me through any steps I needed to understand the working of my new home. I am very pleased and have/would recommend this team to anyone.

This is our very first brand new home and the experience in purchasing was great. We love the quiet neighborhood that we live in and even though construction is happening the sites are very orderly and the workers seem professional hard working. We are satisfied with our purchase. Thank you Juvenal KB Home.

Sales was pretty decent, would not say 5 star decent as if I didn't directly follow up I almost never got a call back. Construction team never called once and there were multiple construction delays. Was not given closing costs until day of, after closing being moved 3 times, twice I was told on the same day it was scheduled.

Give KB an opportunity to surprise you; you'll be glad you did! We had an amazing experience and each person at every level, beginning to end, loved what they did. Thus, it made it very easy for to fall in love the process and ultimately our home. Kudos, cheers, and fond memories to come...

We had a great experience with all the staff and the process. Like I said earlier, I feel some of the small details of the home like trim and paint etc are not done to perfection. I have a perfectionist eye and those little imperfections do bug me.

We were very pleased with the product knowledge of the sales staff and the overall experience purchasing our home. After visiting with a lot of developments in the area KB made it easy to choose them. We would certainly recommend.

My experience has been nothing short of fantastic and hopefully with the some good numbers I will be a first time home buyer with KB homes. I have been assisted by Sweeta and she is phenomenal, knowledge, experience and customer courtesy is brilliant - I will recommend Kb homes and herself to all my friends and colleagues also in my community.

While KB builds a good home, if anything goes wrong, they will not follow up. For many months we have been trying to get 28 cracked, chipped tiles repaired. We have had dates set for repair, no show, repeated phone calls to the project manager (he's a joke) won't take any calls from us. Now there's a joke. And yesterday when talking to corporate, Brittany said WE need to go to Orlando to the only place that still has tiles. We have to pay for them, no reimburse them and then KB will fix all 28 tiles. Maybe. I would not ever recommend KB Homes to anyone EVER!

I am a second KB Home buyer. I was satisfied with my first purchase and decided to upgrade and get a larger house. I have had this house for 8 years and I am 100% dissatisfied. I started reporting problems the first year while the house was under warranty. The problems continued. I have reported roof leaks that KB did do some repairs on year 3 because they saw some issues with the quality. I reported more leaks and KB did send someone to repair but did repair the inside drywall problems. I have French doors that have been leaking for years into my house and KB will do nothing because it's past the warranty. I have had several contractors tell me that the outside should have an overhang to block rain or snow. KB sent out someone to fix the several leak in my roof. I asked them to look at the French doors and they told me that even if I replace the French doors the problem will happen again within a couple of years.

The solution is the overhang which KB didn't have in the design. Because of the water leaking into my house I have carpet damage along with the bottom of the door frame rotted. Not only do I have this damage but also cracks in my ceramic tile, stained drywall from the roof leaks, poorly insulated, stucco breaking off. This isn't the only house. I have seen several KB homes having roofs replace and having their house re stuccoed. Houses that are 8 years old and under should not be having to do major repairs.

I spent almost 400,000 on this house and have a poor quality built house. I strongly would never buy another KB home or recommend for someone else to buy. I asked KB to please fix the problems with my house and they did some repair to my roof but I know if I had an outside company come they would still find more problems. Usually a roof will last for at least 30 years. I can see if I bought a cheap house but I didn't. My previous KB home was a good home and that's why I decided to buy another. If I knew what I do now I would have bought from another builder. If someone could pass this up the ladder to KB corporate I would appreciate it. KB Colorado keep telling me that they will not help me and that I was lucky to receive the little bit of help that I did. If I could get some help especially with the door that is leaking into my house and had ruined my carpet.

KB Home

KB Home has reached an agreement with the Town of Lexington pertaining to the streets in the Settlers Pointe community, and the town will be responsible for the roads and future repairs. Any information or questions about timeline of repairs will need to be directed to the Lexington staff.

KB Home

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My husband and I bought our home in 2010. Our street was one of the last built in our neighborhood and construction wrapped up in 2011. Shortly after, KB Homes left the state of South Carolina, which made it extremely difficult to contact anyone. We had to jump through hoops to get our 1 year walkthrough completed and have had multiple issues. Our garage door was not installed properly (which seems to be a consensus throughout the neighborhood) and does not work. The linoleum in our kitchen is peeling up and every time I vacuum, a ton of staples come out of our carpet. All of this is frustrating, but the biggest issue involves our neighborhood streets. When KB left the state, they did not properly turn the streets over to the Town. And we have spent over 2 years trying to get the potholes and sinkholes in our roads fixed. Because the roads were still privately owned, the Town could not repair the damage.

And now our homeowners have received notice from our schools that school buses are no longer going to drive on our streets to pick up the kids for school. The Town has been trying to contact KB for years and KB has done nothing to try to fix the issues, but instead have delayed the process as much as possible. The Town has a bond out for KB Homes and will not be able to begin temporary fixes but will not be able to permanently fix the roads until KB pays the money for the roads to the town. It is all a big mess and we are looking at possibly another year of nearly undrivable roads. It is dangerous to residents and visitors and of course, negatively affects our home values as well. KB Homes does not care and will not do anything to help even though they were the ones who contracted to have the roads put in in the first place.

KB Home Company Profile