4.4(4,252)

About KB Home

Enjoy a new home uniquely built just for you. With KB, customers have the ability to personalize their new home with design options that fit their lifestyle and budget. Homebuyers also have a partner every step of the way.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Online design studio
  • Variety of floor plans
  • Many communities in eight states
  • Personalizations available
Cons
  • Charges HOA fees
  • Limited availability

Featured Reviews

Verified
North Las Vegas, NV

We have had so much fun with this process. It is exciting to see it go up and see choices you have made come to life. Those who worked on our house overcame the pandemic and built...

Verified
Aurora, CO

KB Home builds an excellent home, delivers on time, and it is always and exceptional value! I've both lived in a KB Home and used for an investment property and in both use cases,...

What is KB Home?

KB Home is a home builder that offers innovative designs, personalized floor plans and flexible pricing on new homes. Its designers work with homebuyers in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington.

You choose your floor plan, your community, the homesite and desired customizations, and KB Home takes care of the rest. Its homes are energy-efficient and designed to your specifications. Financing is available through a lending affiliate, and the company also works with standard mortgages.

KB Home floor plans

The first step to building a home with KB Home is exploring its online galleries, tours and floor plans to find the perfect home for you. KB Home's floor plans are available in a variety of sizes and configurations with flexible living spaces and from two to six bedrooms.

KB Home’s online design studio shows all the personalization options available, such as lighting, flooring and cabinets. Once you’re satisfied its portfolio is right for you, schedule a consultation with one of its designers to learn more about the building process, your options and pricing.

KB Home prices

New construction homes from KB Home typically cost between $200,000 and $900,000. Factors like the location, floor plan and customizations affect the total cost. KB Home designers have experience working with first-time and experienced homebuyers and can help you stick to your homebuying budget.

KB Home prioritizes affordability, so there are many ways to save on costs during the building process, including some free personalizations and design options. Schedule a consultation for a customized quote. Its lending partner, KBHS Home Loans, offers financing for qualified home buyers.

KB Home FAQ

Does KB Home sell good homes?

KB Home is a reputable home builder with positive reviews from homebuyers. You can view pictures and virtual walkthroughs on its website for a better idea of the quality of homes offered.

Does KB Home have HOA fees?

KB Home sells houses in communities that typically have HOA fees. Ask during your initial consultation which fees are associated with the communities you’re interested in.

How much are KB Home upgrades?

Many KB Home upgrades are offered at no additional cost. However, for premium upgrades, you can work with a home designer to customize the home’s fixtures and features to your needs.

Who owns KB Home?

KB Home is a publicly traded company. As of 2020, Jeffrey T. Mezger is the CEO of the company.

Do KB Home houses come with appliances?

Yes, your home can be customized with specific appliances. The company typically offers Whirlpool appliances, but you can visit one of its design studios to learn more about available options.

Is KB Home a good builder?

KB Home is a legitimate, well-known home builder with a strong portfolio of customizable new homes. Its communities typically have homeowners associations that charge fees and may not be right for every homeowner. KB Home builds in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington. Schedule a consultation for pricing and customization information.

Stars Rating

• 77%
  • 6%
  • 5%
  • 3%
  • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?
    Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 22, 2024

KB Home truly sets the gold standard for excellence in homebuilding! As a recent homeowner with KB Home, I can confidently say that my experience surpassed all expectations. From the moment I stepped into their beautifully designed model homes, I was impressed by the quality craftsmanship and attention to detail. KB Home offers a diverse range of floor plans and customizable options, ensuring that every homeowner can find their perfect match. What truly sets KB Home apart is their unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. Throughout the entire homebuying process, their team went above and beyond to ensure that my needs were met and my questions were answered promptly. They guided me through each step with professionalism and expertise, making the journey to homeownership a smooth and enjoyable one.

The quality of construction is unparalleled, with every KB Home built to the highest standards of excellence. From the foundation to the finishing touches, it's clear that KB Home takes pride in delivering homes that are not only beautiful but also built to last. Furthermore, KB Home prioritizes sustainability and energy efficiency, incorporating innovative features that not only reduce environmental impact but also help homeowners save on utility costs. Overall, my experience with KB Home has been nothing short of fantastic. If you're in the market for a new home and want the peace of mind that comes with working with a trusted builder, I highly recommend KB Home. Thank you, KB Home, for building not just houses, but homes where memories are made and dreams come true!

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words with the entire team here at KB Home, Luis!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 16, 2024

My experience with KB Home has been nothing short of exceptional. From the moment I stepped into their office to inquire about purchasing a home, to the day I received the keys to my new abode, every step of the journey has been smooth, efficient, and thoroughly enjoyable. The team at KB Home exudes professionalism and expertise. They took the time to understand my needs, preferences, and budget constraints, ensuring that they presented me with options that were perfectly tailored to my requirements. Their knowledge of the housing market and attention to detail instilled confidence in me from the outset. Throughout the home-buying process, KB Home demonstrated a commitment to transparency and open communication. Any questions or concerns I had were promptly addressed, and I always felt well-informed and supported. Their dedication to customer satisfaction truly sets them apart.

What impressed me most about KB Home was their unwavering commitment to quality. From the design and construction of the home to the finishing touches, it was evident that they take immense pride in their work. The attention to detail and craftsmanship exceeded my expectations, and I am delighted with the end result. My experience with KB Home has been nothing short of outstanding. They have made the journey of buying a home a truly memorable and enjoyable one. I cannot recommend them highly enough to anyone in search of their dream home. With KB Home, you're not just buying a house � you're investing in a quality lifestyle and a seamless journey home.

Pinned

We're so excited to hear that you had an exceptional experience working with the entire team here at KB Home, Rodani!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

James our sales agent was welcoming as soon as we stepped foot into the model home office. He showed us the model homes and then what properties were move in ready since that was what we're looking for. He explained the process from start to finish and made sure to answer all our questions. James even got us a fridge, washer, and dryer to be added into our closing deal how freaking incredible is that.

James's phone has always been open to us even to this day. His words to us even now are "I'm here for y'all even though you closed. My work here is not done". Which he has helped us with getting the help we needed when it came to the home issues that arised that needed fixing during our 10 day walk through. When I'm walking our dog and we see each other he always waves and says hello. It's the little things that matter. I understand why James has all those accolades by his desk for the great service he provides. Thank you, James, it's always a pleasure sir!

To say Wilhelm has been phenomenal would be an understatement. I am blessed to have someone that works with us, who demonstrates integrity, and being honest with me and the wife. Wilhelm has gone above and beyond for us some many times. I had a list of over 20 things that needed to be taken care of and Wilhelm made it happen no matter the cost. He has completed everything that we asked for from our 10-day walk. He is a man of his word and I respect that a lot. He has also shared information and products with us to use in our home to protect our electrical items and other products in the home.

Wilhelm is always welcomed into our home. I trust him and he is a really good guy. Thank you, Wilhelm, for everything and making this experience seamless. Everyone from the loan side was incredible. Everyone made sure that we were on top of all documents we needed to provide. The process was seamless as well and the entire team was in our corner the entire time. It was a great experience and again thank you to that team!

Pinned

We're thrilled to hear that James and the rest of our team were able to provide such a positive experience for you!

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

My wife and I bought our first home in 1990 and did many updates and upgrades over the years. We were concerned that we would lose many of the luxuries that we had with our old home. We would only feel comfortably with this move if the home was as nice as the one we were leaving. Well, we found that not to be an issue with KB Home. They offer plenty of upgrades and floor plans to choose from. My wife and I were wanting to move closer to our children and grandchildren, but we had certain standards that we did not want to sacrifice.

Peter, was our salesman that we had met the day before we decided on our floor plan and KB development. He showed us all of the features that would come with the house and explained the Energy-Star ratings and how this new home would be very energy efficient. Once we signed our contract we worked with, Therase in the design studio. She helped us picked colors, fixtures and flooring that would make our home beautiful and functional. Our superintendent was, Jodie. He was amazing to work with. He understood our concerns and did his best to make sure we were comfortable and confident that our home was going to be the best. We were not disappointed. KB Home has amazing staff and trades personnel that really do care to make homes as if they were going to live in the homes themselves.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

Experience started with Gail ** who was horrible. Forgot to call us back a couple times, would give us wrong information. As the process progressed dealing with our loan processor Susan ** it got worse. She was rude, did not answer questions, she cost me a better interest rate. Did not tell us about lock rates and what we can do to lower our mortgage. As home was built dealing with Scott ** and Philip ** it was the saving grace of KB. They helped make the experience better for us. Also KB management (Nichole **) horrible! Did not help the situation with good customer service! Took 2 weeks to get an answer about final price of home, All while Susan hounding us to process the loan with no final price.

Appraisal - we paid the price of appraisal yet KB choice their own appraisal and we counter with no evidence of emails or conversation. Appraisal took 3 homes outside of community that were bigger than ours with high values and 3 within the community that were lower values and calculated a high cost of my home. I can guarantee if I got my own appraisal right now I would have no equity in my home right now and it would come back lower because of the homes priced lower within my community. Overall horrible experience with KB Home and I would not recommend but I have a good score for the sake of Philip and Scott because of their customer service and help!

Reviewed June 5, 2024

The entire process was smooth for buying our first home. They made us feel welcome and patiently explain the entire process every step along the way. The whole experience was pleasant and we would definitely recommend KB Home to anyone who's considering to buy their home.

Pinned

Congratulations on your first home, Aaron! We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to provide a pleasant experience for you.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 4, 2024

My overall experience with KB Home has been positive. The quality of construction is impressive, and the design options offered were extensive, allowing for a personalized touch. The sales and support teams were professional and responsive, ensuring a smooth process from start to finish. While there were a few minor issues post-move-in, the customer service team promptly addressed them. Overall, KB Home delivered an excellent homebuying experience, and I am satisfied with my new home.

Pinned

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive KB Home experience with our team!

Staff

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Everyone at KB Home Shadow Mountain in Menifee were great to work with. Amy our sales counselor treated us like family from the start and checked in with us after we moved in. The loan process with KB Home Loan went great and Jason and Marco kept in up to date regularly and got the loan closed in time for the expecting move-in date. The construction manager, Daniel, kept us up to date during the construction of our home and has kept in touch to ensure any repair items we fixed to our satisfaction.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share these kind words with Jason, Marco, Daniel, and the rest of the team here at KB Home!

Reviewed June 3, 2024

This is my third home purchase, but first with KB Home. This has been the best home purchase experience for me. I greatly enjoyed the upgrade options. KB has exceeded my every expectation. I have already started recommending KB Home and would be happy to purchase my next home with KB. Thank you!

Pinned

We're thrilled to hear that you had an extraordinary experience working with the team here at KB Home, Tina!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Overall, I am very satisfied with my entire experience with KB home purchase and have already been recommending these homes to friends, family members, and coworkers who are considering buying a home. The sales team are incredibly friendly and welcoming. They were very knowledgeable about the properties and make it very easy to tour the model homes as well as to tour the actual homes or lots. Their communication is outstanding and they exceeded all of my expectations.

The loan office that I worked with was very responsive to my emails and phone calls and gave me several updates throughout the entire closing process. The process wasn't entirely painless but the great efforts and hardwork set forth by the lender staff was very evident and appreciated. The construction team was amazing and communicative. They went above and beyond to make sure the home was ready and clean by the time I closed and moved in. They also had great initiative in following up with me and offered courtesy services to make sure I was happy with my new home. All in all, I had a wonderful experience and love my new KB home. I would recommend to friends and family members to purchase one of these KB homes.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with your time with KB Home.

KB Home Company Information