2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5

KB Home is a home builder available in communities across eight states. The company prioritizes offering a variety of home floor plans with custom options. You can personalize your home based on your budget or preferences using KB Home’s online design studio.

KB Home Gallery (2)

BOTTOM LINE

KB Home is a highly rated home builder that sells customizable homes in communities in eight states. It has a variety of floor plans and price points, and it provides an online design studio for more personalization.

PROS

• Online design studio
  • Variety of floor plans
  • Many communities in eight states
  • Personalizations available

CONS

• Charges HOA fees
  • Limited availability

Top KB Home Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

We have had so much fun with this process. It is exciting to see it go up and see choices you have made come to life. Those who worked on our house overcame the pandemic and built us a home that we will enjoy for many years.

KB Home builds an excellent home, delivers on time, and it is always and exceptional value! I've both lived in a KB Home and used for an investment property and in both use cases, they do a great job!

KB Home Call Now Toll Free (888) 524-6637 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is KB Home?

KB Home is a home builder that offers innovative designs, personalized floor plans and flexible pricing on new homes. Its designers work with homebuyers in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington.

You choose your floor plan, your community, the homesite and desired customizations, and KB Home takes care of the rest. Its homes are energy-efficient and designed to your specifications. Financing is available through a lending affiliate, and the company also works with standard mortgages.

KB Home floor plans

The first step to building a home with KB Home is exploring its online galleries, tours and floor plans to find the perfect home for you. KB Home's floor plans are available in a variety of sizes and configurations with flexible living spaces and from two to six bedrooms.

KB Home’s online design studio shows all the personalization options available, such as lighting, flooring and cabinets. Once you’re satisfied its portfolio is right for you, schedule a consultation with one of its designers to learn more about the building process, your options and pricing.

KB Home prices

New construction homes from KB Home typically cost between $180,000 and $500,000. Factors like the location, floorplan and customizations affect the total cost. Your KB Home designer will ensure you meet your homebuying budget, whether you’re looking for a starter home or a multimillion-dollar mansion.

KB Home prioritizes affordability, so there are many ways to save on costs during the building process, including some free personalizations and design options. Schedule a consultation for a customized quote. Its lending partner, KBHS Home Loans, offers financing for qualified home buyers.

KB Home FAQ

Does KB Home sell good homes?
KB Home is a reputable home builder with positive reviews from homebuyers. You can view pictures and virtual walkthroughs on its website for a better idea of the quality of homes offered.
Does KB Home have HOA fees?
KB Home sells houses in communities that typically have HOA fees. Ask during your initial consultation which fees are associated with the communities you’re interested in.
How much are KB Home upgrades?
Many KB Home upgrades are offered at no additional cost. However, for premium upgrades, you can work with a home designer to customize the home’s fixtures and features to your needs.
Who owns KB Home?
KB Home is a publicly traded company. As of 2020, Jeffrey T. Mezger is the CEO of the company.
Do KB Home houses come with appliances?
Yes, your home can be customized with specific appliances. The company typically offers Whirlpool appliances, but you can visit one of its design studios to learn more about available options.

Is KB Home a good builder?

KB Home is a legitimate, well-known home builder with a strong portfolio of customizable new homes. Its communities typically have homeowners associations that charge fees and may not be right for every homeowner. KB Home builds in communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Washington. Schedule a consultation for pricing and customization information.

KB Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: May 27, 2020

We have heard many a nightmare stories from our friends and relatives about their home-buying experience. So we were skeptical about buying a new home, specially as we were very happy with our current rental property. But, boy, are we glad we walked into KB Homes' Primrose sales office with a friend who was looking to buy a new home!

From the moment we walked in, the Sales Staff, Christine, completely won us over with her smiling face and positive energy. Even though we were just accompanying a friend, and not exactly there to buy, Christine spent couple of hours walking us through the home plans, available homes, the features, in short encouraging us to consider buying there, but never pushing us in a manner that will feel suffocating. I am very wary of sales persons who constantly push to make the sale, and make you feel bad if you say you are not interested. But not Christine, she answered our questions, showed us around, and gave us time to think it through.

Vins, their mortgage loan originator, walked us through the loan process, worked with us to find us a loan program that worked best for us, and then the construction guy, Alex worked very hard to put my mind to ease by taking care of every little touch-ups we requested. When the refrigerator delivery guys chipped a corner of a wall, Alex took care of that as well. I cannot say enough good things about all of them. Thanks to them, we are now proud owner of our dream home.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Words cannot justify the satisfaction we have with KB, but if we had to narrow it down to 3 words, it would be quality, relationships and experience. Indeed, the people, the service, and the product itself are of top-notch quality, from trustworthy answers and information to top-of-the-line materials and construction. But KB doesn't stop there. Their customers are not just a number or a sale to them, but people with dreams and ambitions. Through the whole journey, they became friends to us, even like family, as they cared not just about our house, but our home, our life...our life at home.

With our long-time prayer to move to Colorado, expand our family, adopt another baby, and enjoy a better quality of life, we left our life in California and set out to find the best house for such ambitions. And that is where the experience comes in, as that can make it or break it for quality and relationships. From beginning to end, KB made it more than just an objective to build our house, but a dream-fulfilling, wish-granting, prayer-answering journey, keeping us involved and in-touch every step of the way, so that we never felt lost, but always that our opinion and desires mattered. Like the engagement for a wedding and marriage or the pregnancy for delivery and parenthood, KB actually prepared us for the exciting next stage of life, so that we scored more than just a house, but a dream come true where home and life itself unite.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

My wife and I had been looking at homes in the Bay Area off and on for nearly a year. We had seen countless existing homes and decided to drop by KB Homes Sales Office with our agent. We saw the model home and immediately fell in love with the place. We met our sales agent who was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and most importantly, not pushy. That very same weekend, we went into contract and began our process to move back to San Jose from Gilroy. That began a very stressful process to sell our existing home and the move.

It was a very stressful time and what's made it all manageable was the Sales and Customer Service staff at KB Homes that helped provide us guidance from the time we went into contract, and until after we moved in. Our sales agent gave us great advice that helped us fetch a great price on the home we sold and did a great job of keeping us abreast of the delays. Yes, there were delays. The delays were due to the city halting construction, that resulted in us being homeless for over a month. We had to move to a friend's place and deal with 2 moves. (1 to storage and again when the house was done.) This was difficult situation but our sales agent was very empathetic to our situation and was able to help us in our situation. This level of caring wasn't expected and we appreciate his help along the way.

After moving in, we met our Customer Care representative who was extremely helpful in getting us acquainted with our new home, and his assistance and guidance on setting up our "smart home". Between Sales and Customer Service, we are pleased with the way things turned out and would definitely recommend KB Home to our friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Overall we love the house. The price and even the upgrades were reasonable, the staff was great as well, they all went above and beyond to try and take care of the situations that would arise. What's more to love you get to build your dream home from the ground up inside and out. Overall it was a decent experience but we are not fully satisfied with everything about the house. The workmanship was horrible. If I could attach pictures of the bad workmanship I would be. The workers would install damaged products and try to cover them up to looking "presentable" assuming most people will not notice because of being overwhelmed with everything that's going on.

But for instance instead of the proper tools being used for hanging the door frames, they used hammers in several spots, leaving hammer indentions in the door frames, and even breaking pieces off. Same issue with the door trims. I have several pieces where the trim is missing big chucks... several cabinets are scratched in places. I had then come back to fix it once but after seeing the horrible repairs they attempted to do I felt as it did more harm than good. I am ending up having to repair these myself to get the job done right, let alone the amount of things that got damaged during construction, things like damaging doors, walls, windows, countertops, towel racks, and bathtubs we paid a lot of money to upgrade to.

While laying the roof the roofers did not put down the felt in certain areas, and if I wouldn't have seen it being done this would have never been corrected. My driveway has several spots that had chunks broken out, one being big enough to see rebar, which has not gotten repaired. When they laid the grass down, they drove a vehicle through the grass leaving ruts in the yard, the yard looks great besides a nice spot where you can see the ruts, we also had a issue with the plumbing, where they told us the day after closing that they would have to be digging under our foundation so that they could fix a pipe that is holding water... For the price of this house I would have hoped for way better workmanship from your contractors and sub contractors, overall I'm left fixing things in a brand new house, and feeling very disappointed in the workmanship.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Sales Counselor: Mr. Steve ** was my Sales Counselor. His weekly reports kept me looking forward to the next stage of the building of the house. Whenever he communicated an advance in the building project, I always sensed that he was genuinely happy for me and my future plans. His mild manner presentations and explanations were always informative, clear and reassuring. They made one feel that everything was moving along at the right pace. I commend him for his empathy while he celebrates the owner's feelings of accomplishment.

Studio Consultant: Ms. Audrey ** was our Studio Consultant. I say our because she managed to involve me and all the members of my family in the selections that were needed. Her professionalism guided us through a difficult selection process given the many options offered by the Studio. Her keen perceptions and observations were always on point. The color coordination that we enjoy on a daily basis in the completed home proved to be just right. We'll always be appreciative of her ability to create the proper ambiance.

Lender Experience Mortgage: Lori ** was my lender. Her vast knowledge and experience helped me understand the workings of the real estate market. Her explanations were clear, concise and to the point. She guided my sister and myself through the decisions that allowed us to make all the right choices. We'll be forever grateful for the expertise that she shared with us.

Construction Staff: In reality, it is now that I'm living in my house that I'm really aware of the work of the construction staff. They arrive early in the morning, work steadily in a focused and coordinated manner. I can see why my house could be completed in a timely manner. I'll be always grateful for the final professional product that I'm still enjoying and will continue to do so until God allows it.

Energy and Water Saving Features: Mr. Jonathan ** took time to highlight the energy and environmental features that complement the house. Now that I'm living in and enjoying the home, I'm being schooled by the thermostat on how to manage the cooling and heating systems. I'm still learning.

Home Delivery: Mr. Jonathan ** worked closely with us in order to be able to occupy the house by October 2, 2019 which is what, in effect, occurred. We will always appreciate his sense of commitment.

Home Readiness: We had the walk through before the closing and were delighted with the completed house. Congratulations to the builder and his crew for such an excellent job!

Warranties: The builder, Mr. Jonathan ** took time to explain the duration and expiration of Service Resolution and Customer C.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The sales staff was very friendly and kept all thing honest and clear from the start. The process of buying was smooth. After the closing, the walkthrough and support has been great so far. The quality of the house and materials is great. The price paid for the house, materials, space, location is amazing.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Home quality is fantastic and the staff are very friendly and constantly keep you up to date. After moving in, they are very quick in helping us resolve any issues we found in the home. None of which have been major. All small things that were resolved quickly.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

The home-buying process was very easy. We felt no sales pressure at any point. Our sales associate was great at providing us with initial information and guidance to decide which home was right for us. Along the course of building, our sales associate gave us regular updates with photos of the progress. This kept us excited!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

We are very happy with our finished home. The community is coming along nicely and while it is still in construction mode, it is clean and well maintained. Our Sales Rep and Construction Super were very pleasant to work with. The value was also very reasonable.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Very pleasant and smooth experience with KB homes. All departments especially the sales did an awesome job in helping and making the buying and move in process smooth. The construction manager and staff did a good job with house construction with few minor issues. All issues are fixed when brought to attention.

KB Home Company Information