Call toll free
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for four straight years and a WaterSense® Partner of the Year for four consecutive years. A FORTUNE 1,000 company, Los Angeles-based KB Home was the first homebuilder listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and trades under the ticker symbol "KBH." For more information about KB Home's new home communities, call 888-KB-HOMES or visit www.kbhome.com.

KB Home Gallery (2)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

1041 KB Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 23, 2019

We moved here from the Midwest. KB representatives were flexible and understanding, as we watched our home being built from pictures on our phone. We only had to travel to FL twice. The Selection Studio is beautiful, so beware---it is easy to go over budget. Our advice: relax and enjoy the whole experience!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

After 1 month of living in my newly constructed KB Home, I can say with honesty that the experience has actually been a great pleasure. For our first home buying experience, the sales staff, construction process, studio selection process and closing were all relatively smooth and problem-free. We had small issues along the way regarding negotiation of pricing, construction/design concerns, appraisal issues and closing, however, the KB Homes staff provided excellent customer service throughout and in the end, they provided exactly what we wanted.

In this first month, the warranty service has been responsive and helpful. While scheduling has taken a little longer then I would have liked, the staff has always made great effort to make sure my concerns get resolved and to keep in touch with me to make sure I am satisfied. Since it has only been 1 month, I cannot give my 100% recommendation yet for KB Homes. Although, I can say that based off of my experience so far, I would recommend KB Homes for home buying. I am eager to see how my home keeps up throughout time, and only then will I determine how truly satisfied I am with KB Homes and whether or not they are truly worth the recommendation.

Original review: April 20, 2019

KB Homes are nice and the sales and service we got from them was great! We wanted a better selection of upgrades and appliances but were not available. This was our first time buying a new home and it was a good experience working with Joanna and Debbie.

Original review: April 19, 2019

The process was smooth and was moved in to our home within 3 weeks. Everyone at KB is polite and professional and is always available when you need something or have questions. I would 100% recommend KB Homes to anyone.

Original review: April 19, 2019

KB Home made the home buying process simple, but more importantly, comfortable. Every employee took the time and had the patience to educate us about the process until we were comfortable to continue. There was never any hard sales, and it was never difficult to get ahold of anyone involved in the process to have our questions answered. While we hope this new home is our forever home; if we ever buy again, we hope to buy through KB Home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I am very pleased with my new KB Home. The arches on the entryways give it a beautiful look. I appreciate the energy saving features they put in every home and makes me feel good about saving money on energy every month. Love the sales staff and construction manager as they have helped me with any questions or concerns to ensure I'm satisfied with the house and any issue is resolved in a timely manner.

Original review: April 18, 2019

KB Home it is a excellent customer care company lidering in provide a personalized care to their customers and helping make happy the all family who get involved in the home purchasing. Love, timely communication and respect are qualities that characterize the staff who are responsible to make your dream home coming true, with positive and special staff member.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Complete, blessed. The only request I would like KB Homes to know is to Place grass on homes before closing, then the appearance would look a 100% better and customer that's making these big purchases will feel complete hands down.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Our experience with KB Home was very poor throughout the whole process. Multiple items were changed without our consent. The sales staff and upper management that we spoke with were not very helpful at all. It was more of a take it or leave it scenario with every issue we encountered. The one bright spot we had with our build was Chase **. He was our builder and did a outstanding job. Overall our experience was one of the worst I have experienced. I would not recommend KB Home to anyone!

Original review: April 18, 2019

KB Homes will do whatever they can do make sure you are happy with every single part of the home building process. When you say jump, they backflip. Each person at this company knows everything there is to know about your home, and the best way to go about completing it on time. Do yourself a favor and if you want to buy a home, do it with KB!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I am happy with my home buying experience. Sales, Design Center and Construction Staff are all knowledgeable, honest, and helpful. They made sure that they attend to all your inquires and request. I am happy with my new KB Home.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The experience was easy, professional and was kept up to date at all times. I had no problems going to view the progress on my house at any time. All my questions were answered promptly and Jayson and his team sincerely worked on satisfying me at all times.

Original review: April 2, 2019

The KB employees are exceptional. They make the building process enjoyable from start to finish. I was provided weekly updates, had all of my questions answered and most importantly I saw how important it was to the employees that I was happy with my home. That meant the world to me. I am very pleased with the quality and design, and absolutely LOVE my home! But it all goes back to the employees. They made it all happen.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Sweeta, our sales consultant was very helpful throughout the process, and KB Home certainly offered homes that fit in our searching criteria. The surrounding area is also easy to access and very clean. All of the KB houses are very nice to looked at.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Overall, our experience with KB has been more positive than negative. The design center experience and customer care AFTER the close of our house were amazing and worth noting. It was so nice being able to move in and then still be provided customer service to make small cosmetic and warranty items worked on. It definitely felt that KB genuinely wanted us to feel happy and comfortable in our home. However, KBHS and our projected completion date was a part of the process we were not satisfied with.

Original review: March 31, 2019

It was my pleasure to work with such a great team from KB Homes. They are truly dedicated to customer satisfaction from the time of signing the contract to the close of escrow. Even after, their team checked up on me to make sure everything is to my satisfaction.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Overall, it was a good experience. It would be nice to know the sequence of events in the construction process and the mortgage process. I would enjoy the opportunity to provide more in-depth suggestions on how to improve the process.

Original review: March 27, 2019

It is a company with a lot of experience in building houses. The sales and construction staff is highly professional. KB Home has a construction system very friendly with the environment and the digital system to design the style of the house is quite attractive and efficient.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Working with KB has been a dream! They were so nice and helped me at every point of the process. Any question or concerned I had was answered immediately. At every step of the process they were thorough and I felt so comfortable working with them.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Pleasant sales people. Value for Home. Only three problems the homes are too close together. And no 3 car garages for the large homes. Width of garages too narrow for storage. The clothes closets are in some of the bathrooms mildew problem.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I bought my house in 2013. First issue, house being built on wrong lot. I made several calls because the light bulbs kept blowing out. I called so often, they gave me a case of light bulbs. Each time, they found nothing wrong even though light bulbs continuously blew out. I have had to hire an electrician to do some rewiring and need to call an electrician again due to some lights 'humming' when turned on and my porch light not coming on and my security light continuously going out. I called KB Homes when I lost power in the rear of my house and was told, "Sorry. Your warranty has expired". Even though they have record of an ongoing issue with the lights going out which had to be an electrical issue, I'm SOL. I have found more negative reviews than positive ones.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This was my first new home experience and it was great! I had seen your sign, came in for a tour and we were off! Within a month, I closed on my home and I am a happy person. I love my home, I love the layout and the whole experience was top notch!

Original review: March 16, 2019

My experience with KB Homes was wonderful, I'm a first time home buyer and I have heard horrible stories about buying a home. Well the team at KB Homes, made my experience very easy. There was a couple of bumps in the process, but the team I worked with never stopped and made the end. A Lasting Impression. I would recommend KB Homes to all.

Original review: March 16, 2019

KB Home makes great promises, however frequently and regularly fails to meet standards and requests of Homebuyers. I will never recommend or purchase another KB Home purely due to the problems I had during the construction process. There were behind schedule which put me into a pinch due to moving out of an apartment. I gave them the opportunity to need more time 8 weeks and 4 weeks before the expected completion date. The day of completion they told me they would be five days late. There were lots of grand promises made, however the execution was terrible. There were many shortcuts taken that the inexperienced homebuyer would not pick up on.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Overall KB Homes has been a very professional and organized company to do business with. From contract signing to being updated along the way throughout the process I felt that I was valued as a home buyer. The staff was always there to help and I feel very fortunate to have had such a smooth home buying process. The KB Home Studio is one of the highlights of the entire experience, where you can really bring your visions to life. Thank you KB Homes!

Resolution response: April 3, 2019

KB Homes has done an amazing job when it comes to communication and organization. They have stayed with me the entire step of the way and made sure that I was fully satisfied. Every new construction home will have issues, but it's the response of the builder that matters. They have been very respectful, helpful, and communicated all the details. Don't hesitate to get your home built by a company that cares about it's customers.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My home was given to me incomplete. The warranty service is more interested in ignoring me and keeping me in the dark. The workmanship and quality of the materials is poor. The lack of communication is upsetting. I have to escalate to corporate in order for my voice to be heard. I expected much better from a brand new home.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We are so happy with how our home turned out. KB Home make the home buying, design, and construction process an enjoyable experience. KB Home and staff has helped make our dream house a reality.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My husband and I could not be happier for having chosen KB to construct our new home. From the quality of the construction, to the outstanding staff dedicated to making your home buying experience a good one, I don't think we could have done better. The reason I say this, and I know there are many other great homebuilders, KB did not stop in just offering nice home models, or great quality construction, KB also took into account a homebuyer's additional home costs by constructing with EnergyStar Certified homes saving us utility costs and protecting our environment. From the HVAC system, the types of faucets included that controls the water flow, saving you money, to the CFL lighting, energy saving appliances from a well-named brand and many other energy saving features.

We would not hesitate in referring friends and family to buy with KB. The additional features offered for the community are also excellent. The beautiful landscaping, enormous olympic size pool with lots of chairs, safety first children's play area, an enclosed dog park for the furry babies and many other community features. As far as we can say, you will not be disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We shopped around a lot before picking KB was our home builder and we are so glad we did. No matter how many model homes I toured, I always came back to this one. The things that were standard in our home would have been upgrades with other builders. The customer service has been great. We are so thankful to KB and its staff for building us our dream home!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

During the home buying process it has been overwhelming, however when we first met Amber she was right there to answer all of our questions. Other properties you go to everyone is too "busy" to help or go over options and details with you. It has truly been the the individuals that work for KB homes that have made us want to choose them when purchasing our new home.

KB Home expert review by Joseph Truini

KB Home offers customized homes and specializes in allowing buyers to control most aspects of the design process.​

• Built-to-order services: Users can specify exactly what they want their home to look like during the ordering process, right down to the cabinet door knobs.

• Available in many areas: Currently, KB Home builds homes in the District of Columbia and seven states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Texas.

• Personal design consultation demystifies the custom-build process: Consumers discuss their preferences and get pricing information to build a designer home that meets their budgetary requirements.

• Models can be seen on a walk-in basis: Prospective buyers can drop into the KB Design Studio nearest them to view options whenever it's convenient; an appointment is only needed when they are ready to buy.

• Home customization can be rolled into mortgages: Most of the building costs are covered by the buyer’s mortgage after purchase.

• Best for: KB Homes is best for people who are on a budget, but still want to customize their home; people with special needs and requirements, highly independent people and environmentalists.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

KB Home Company Information